Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adm
- Disrupted cardiac development but normal hematopoiesis in mice deficient in the second CXCL12/SDF-1 receptor, CXCR7Frederic Sierro
Department of Immunology and Inflammation, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14759-64. 2007..Our results reveal a specialized role for CXCR7 in endothelial biology and valve development and highlight the distinct developmental role of evolutionary conserved chemokine receptors such as CXCR7 and CXCR4...
- Deficiency of adrenomedullin induces insulin resistance by increasing oxidative stressTatsuo Shimosawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
Hypertension 41:1080-5. 2003....
- The GPCR modulator protein RAMP2 is essential for angiogenesis and vascular integrityYuka Ichikawa-Shindo
Department of Organ Regeneration, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagano, Japan
J Clin Invest 118:29-39. 2008..Our findings in human cells and in mice demonstrate that RAMP2 is a key determinant of the effects of AM on the vasculature and is essential for angiogenesis and vascular integrity...
- Adrenomedullin signaling is necessary for murine lymphatic vascular developmentKimberly L Fritz-Six
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Clin Invest 118:40-50. 2008..Collectively, our studies identify a class of genes involved in lymphangiogenesis that represent a pharmacologically tractable system for the treatment of lymphedema or inhibition of tumor metastasis...
- Adrenomedullin induces lymphangiogenesis and ameliorates secondary lymphoedemaDonghao Jin
Department of Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 80:339-45. 2008..Lymphoedema is a common but refractory disorder that is difficult to be treated with conventional therapy. We therefore investigated whether AM promotes lymphangiogenesis and improves lymphoedema...
- Hydrops fetalis, cardiovascular defects, and embryonic lethality in mice lacking the calcitonin receptor-like receptor geneRyan T Dackor
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, CB 7545, 6330 MBRB, 103 Mason Farm Rd, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:2511-8. 2006..The Calcrl gene targeted mice provide the first in vivo genetic evidence that CLR functions as an AM receptor during embryonic development...
- Endogenous adrenomedullin protects against vascular response to injury in miceJunsuke Kawai
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Circulation 109:1147-53. 2004..In our previous study, adrenomedullin (AM) overexpression could limit the arterial intimal hyperplasia induced by cuff injury in rats. However, it remains to be elucidated whether endogenous AM plays a role against vascular injury...
- Tumor-associated macrophages promote angiogenesis and melanoma growth via adrenomedullin in a paracrine and autocrine mannerPeiwen Chen
National Engineering Laboratory for Anti tumor Protein Therapeutics, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Clin Cancer Res 17:7230-9. 2011..However, the mechanisms by which TAMs modulate melanoma growth are still poorly understood. This study was aimed at examining the function and mechanism of TAM-derived adrenomedullin (ADM) in angiogenesis and melanoma growth.
- Role of endogenous adrenomedullin in the regulation of vascular tone and ischemic renal injury: studies on transgenic/knockout mice of adrenomedullin geneHiroaki Nishimatsu
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Circ Res 90:657-63. 2002..AM is likely to protect renal tissues from ischemia/reperfusion injury through its NO releasing activity...
- Adrenomedullin, an endogenous peptide, counteracts cardiovascular damageTatsuo Shimosawa
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Circulation 105:106-11. 2002..Although both AM and PAMP have the potential not only to decrease blood pressure but also to protect organs from damage, there is no direct evidence for their individual physiological roles in vivo...
- Vascular abnormalities and elevated blood pressure in mice lacking adrenomedullin geneT Shindo
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo, and Institute for Adult Disease, Asahi Life Foundation, Tokyo, Japan
Circulation 104:1964-71. 2001..Levels of AM are markedly increased in the fetoplacental circulation during pregnancy, although its function there remains unknown. To clarify the physiological functions of AM, we chose a gene-targeting strategy in mice...
- Extreme hydrops fetalis and cardiovascular abnormalities in mice lacking a functional Adrenomedullin geneK M Caron
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7525, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:615-9. 2001..To elucidate these functions and define more precisely sites of Adm expression, we replaced the coding region of the Adm gene in mice with a sequence encoding enhanced green ..
- Expression of adrenomedullin and its receptor during embryogenesis suggests autocrine or paracrine modes of actionL M Montuenga
Biomarkers and Prevention Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Endocrinology 138:440-51. 1997..In several regions of the embryo, the patterns of AM expression correspond to the degree of differentiation. The possible involvement of AM in the control of embryonic invasion, proliferation, and differentiation is discussed...
- Angiogenic effects of adrenomedullin in ischemia and tumor growthSatoshi Iimuro
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Circ Res 95:415-23. 2004..This may make AM a useful therapeutic tool for relieving ischemia; conversely, inhibitors of AM could be useful for clinical management of tumor growth...
- Vascular endothelial adrenomedullin-RAMP2 system is essential for vascular integrity and organ homeostasisTeruhide Koyama
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Asahi 3 1 1, Matsumoto, Nagano, 390 8621, Japan
Circulation 127:842-53. 2013..Our aim was to investigate the function of the vascular AM-RAMP2 system directly...
- Vascular Dysfunction in Pneumocystis-Associated Pulmonary Hypertension Is Related to Endothelin Response and Adrenomedullin ConcentrationDan W Siemsen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana
Am J Pathol 186:259-69. 2016..Our results indicate the diverse mechanisms by which inflammatory responses to prior infections can cause functionally relevant changes in vascular responses in the lung, promoting the development of pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Hypoxia-induced arterial differentiation requires adrenomedullin and notch signalingFredrik Lanner
Department of Clinical Sciences, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Stem Cells Dev 22:1360-9. 2013....
- Adrenomedullin-RAMP2 system is crucially involved in retinal angiogenesisYasuhiro Iesato
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Am J Pathol 182:2380-90. 2013Adrenomedullin (ADM) is an endogenous peptide first identified as a strong vasodilating molecule...
- Adrenomedullin regulates club cell recovery following lung epithelial injuryJosune García-Sanmartín
Oncology Area, Center for Biomedical Research of La Rioja CIBIR, Logrono, Spain
Histol Histopathol 31:663-73. 2016..In conclusion, the paracrine/autocrine influence of AM in club cells subtly modulates their proliferation and spreading kinetics during lung epithelium recovery. ..
- Decoy receptor CXCR7 modulates adrenomedullin-mediated cardiac and lymphatic vascular developmentKlara R Klein
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Dev Cell 30:528-40. 2014..underpinning for this proliferative phenotype by demonstrating that the dosage and signaling of adrenomedullin (Adm, gene; AM, protein)-a mitogenic peptide hormone required for normal cardiovascular development-is tightly ..
- Repeated mild hypoxic exposures decrease anxiety-like behavior in the adult mouse together with an increased brain adrenomedullin gene expressionClaire Leconte
Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, UMR 6232 CI NAPS, CERVOxy Team, Hypoxia and Cerebrovascular Pathophysiology, GIP Cyceron, F 14074 Caen, France
Behav Brain Res 230:78-84. 2012..This work shows that repeated mild hypoxic exposure decreases anxiety-related behavior and points out hypoxia inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) target genes, particularly adrenomedullin, as potential mediator candidate...
- The role of adrenomedullin in the renal NADPH oxidase and (pro)renin in diabetic miceMichio Hayashi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Diabetes Res 2013:134395. 2013..The endogenous adrenomedullin gene exhibits an antioxidant action via the inhibition of NADPH oxidase probably by suppressing the local renin-angiotensin system. ..
- Adrenomedullin haploinsufficiency predisposes to secondary lymphedemaLeonid L Nikitenko
Cancer Research UK Viral Oncology Group, UCL Cancer Institute, University College London, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 133:1768-76. 2013..Adrenomedullin (AM) is peptide encoded, together with proadrenomedullin N-terminal peptide (PAMP), by the Adm gene (adrenomedullin gene)...
- Novel regulation of cardiac metabolism and homeostasis by the adrenomedullin-receptor activity-modifying protein 2 systemTakahiro Yoshizawa
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Asahi 3 1 1, Matsumoto, Nagano, 390 8621, Japan
Hypertension 61:341-51. 2013..These data demonstrate that the AM-RAMP2 system is essential for cardiac metabolism and homeostasis. The AM-RAMP2 system is a promising therapeutic target of heart failure...
- Adrenomedullin is up-regulated in patients with pancreatic cancer and causes insulin resistance in β cells and miceGaurav Aggarwal
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastroenterology 143:1510-1517.e1. 2012..New-onset diabetes in patients with pancreatic cancer is likely to be a paraneoplastic phenomenon caused by tumor-secreted products. We aimed to identify the diabetogenic secretory product(s) of pancreatic cancer...
- Fetal-derived adrenomedullin mediates the innate immune milieu of the placentaManyu Li
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Clin Invest 123:2408-20. 2013..These data identify an essential function for fetal-derived factors in the maternal vascular adaptation to pregnancy and underscore the importance of exploring AM as a biomarker and therapeutic agent for preeclampsia...
- Adrenomedullin inhibits choroidal neovascularization via CCL2 in the retinal pigment epitheliumKentaro Yuda
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Pathol 181:1464-72. 2012..Gene expression profiling identified adrenomedullin (ADM) as a possible molecular target for the treatment of AMD and expression of ADM was upregulated in eyes with laser-..
- Adrenomedullin: a possible regulator of germinal vesicle breakdownYuuki Hiradate
Laboratory of Animal Reproduction, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidori Amamiyamachi Aobaku, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 415:691-5. 2011Adrenomedullin (ADM) is a multifunctional hormone that regulates processes as diverse as blood pressure and cell growth. Although expressed in the ovary, the role of ADM in this organ is not clear...
- Signal transduction pathways mediating the effect of adrenomedullin on osteoblast survivalSylvie Lausson
UMR CNRS 8619, Orsay, University Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Cell Biochem 112:3807-15. 2011Adrenomedullin (ADM) plays an important role in the regulation of osteoblastic cells through both a proliferative and an anti-apoptotic effects. The present study investigated mechanisms involved in the effect of ADM on survival...
- Adrenomedullin stabilizes the lymphatic endothelial barrier in vitro and in vivoWilliam P Dunworth
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Peptides 29:2243-9. 2008..Together, these data reveal a previously unrecognized role for AM in controlling lymphatic endothelial permeability and lymphatic flow through reorganization of junctional proteins...
- Mice heterozygous for adrenomedullin exhibit a more extreme inflammatory response to endotoxin-induced septic shockRyan Dackor
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, CB 7545, 103 Mason Farm Road, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Peptides 28:2164-70. 2007..We, therefore, conclude that during septic shock the dynamic modulation of AM and its receptors primarily functions to dampen the inflammatory response...
- Vasoactive hormone adrenomedullin and its binding protein: anti-inflammatory effects by up-regulating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gammaMichael Miksa
Center for Immunology and Inflammation, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
J Immunol 179:6263-72. 2007..We conclude that AM/AMBP-1 is protective in sepsis due to its vasoactive properties and direct anti-inflammatory effects mediated through both the cAMP-dependent pathway and Pyk-2-ERK1/2-dependent induction of PPAR-gamma...
- Deficiency in catechol-O-methyltransferase and 2-methoxyoestradiol is associated with pre-eclampsiaKeizo Kanasaki
Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nature 453:1117-21. 2008....
- Adrenomedullin protects neurons against oxygen glucose deprivation stress in an autocrine and paracrine mannerEmmanuelle Tixier
Centre d Imagerie Neurosciences et Applications aux PathologieS CI NAPS, UMR 6232, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS, CEA, France
J Neurochem 106:1388-403. 2008..Altogether, our results suggest that adrenomedullin is an effector of the hypoxic pre-conditioning-induced neuronal tolerance and a potent autocrine and paracrine neuroprotective factor during cerebral ischaemia...
- Haploinsufficiency for adrenomedullin reduces pinopodes and diminishes uterine receptivity in miceManyu Li
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Biol Reprod 79:1169-75. 2008..Here, we further demonstrate that Adm(+/-) female mice displayed reduced pregnancy success rates that were not caused by defects in folliculogenesis, ..
- Lack of adrenomedullin in the mouse brain results in behavioral changes, anxiety, and lower survival under stress conditionsAna P Fernández
Department of Cellular, Molecular, and Developmental Neurobiology, Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28002 Madrid, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12581-6. 2008The adrenomedullin (AM) gene, adm, is widely expressed in the central nervous system (CNS) and several functions have been suggested for brain AM...
- Angiogenic roles of adrenomedullin through vascular endothelial growth factor inductionTakakuni Maki
Departments of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Neuroreport 22:442-7. 2011..These results suggest that adrenomedullin has potential as therapy for dementia through enhancement of functional vascular growth...
- The Krüppel-like factor KLF15 inhibits transcription of the adrenomedullin gene in adipocytesTomoki Nagare
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 379:98-103. 2009..These results thus implicate KLF15 in the regulation of adrenomedullin expression in adipose tissue...
- Nitric oxide/cGMP signalling mediates the cardioprotective action of adrenomedullin in reperfused myocardiumShabaz A Hamid
Division of Pharmacology, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3NB, UK
Basic Res Cardiol 105:257-66. 2010..3%). These data provide the first evidence that AM increases NO bioavailability in intact murine myocardium and confirm that the NO/sGC/cGMP pathway is central to the cytoprotective action of AM against ischaemia-reperfusion injury...
- The ADMR receptor mediates the effects of adrenomedullin on pancreatic cancer cells and on cells of the tumor microenvironmentVijaya Ramachandran
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7502. 2009..The current study examines the role of specific AM receptors on tumor and cells resembling the tumor microenvironment (human pancreatic stellate--HPSC, human umbilical vein-- HUVEC and mouse lung endothelial cells--MLEC)...
- Lack of adrenomedullin affects growth and differentiation of adult neural stem/progenitor cellsEva Vergaño-Vera
Department of Cellular, Molecular, and Developmental Neurobiology, Cajal Institute, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28002, Madrid, Spain
Cell Tissue Res 340:1-11. 2010..we have obtained NSPC from the olfactory bulb of adult wild-type animals and brain conditional knockouts for adm, the gene that produces AM...
- Lack of adrenomedullin, but not complement factor H, results in larger infarct size and more extensive brain damage in a focal ischemia modelO Hurtado
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Neuroscience 171:885-92. 2010..In the future, substances that increase AM actions in the central nervous system may be used as potential neuroprotective agents in stroke...
- Lack of adrenomedullin in the central nervous system results in apparently paradoxical alterations on pain sensitivityAna P Fernández
Department of Cellular, Molecular, and Developmental Neurobiology, Instituto Cajal, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28002 Madrid, Spain
Endocrinology 151:4908-15. 2010Adrenomedullin (AM) is a regulatory peptide, coded by the adm gene, which is involved in numerous physiological processes, including pain sensitivity...
- Genomic organization, expression, and chromosomal mapping of the mouse adrenomedullin geneT Okazaki
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Genomics 37:395-9. 1996We have isolated and characterized the mouse adrenomedullin (AM) gene (Adm) and determined its chromosomal location. The gene spans approximately 2.1 kb and is organized into four exons separated by three introns...
- Late-gestational systemic hypoxia leads to a similar early gene response in mouse placenta and developing brainRegina Trollmann
Department of Pediatrics, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 299:R1489-99. 2010..Functional activity of the HIF system was obvious from elevated expression of various known HIF target genes (Adm, Vegf, Hk2, Pdk1, Bnip3, Ier3, Dusp-1), indicating immediate availability among early response to acute hypoxia...
- Cardiomyocyte-specific prolyl-4-hydroxylase domain 2 knock out protects from acute myocardial ischemic injuryMarion Hölscher
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:11185-94. 2011..This correlated with a decreased number of apoptotic cells in the infarcted myocardium in the cPhd2(-/-) mice and significantly improved cardiac function 3 weeks after myocardial infarction...
- Sox17-dependent gene expression and early heart and gut development in Sox17-deficient mouse embryosSabine Pfister
Embryology Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, New South Wales, Australia
Int J Dev Biol 55:45-58. 2011..This is associated with the defective development of the heart in the mutant embryos, which is accompanied by localised loss of Myocd-expressing cardiogenic progenitors and the malformation of the anterior intestinal portal...
- Decreased gene expression of adrenomedullin receptor in mouse lungs during sepsisY Ono
Department of Anesthesiology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, 2 11 1 Kaga, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, 173 8605, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 271:197-202. 2000..It is revealed that the distributions of receptor or binding sites of AM are changed in sepsis, and it is suggested that AM plays distinct roles in the clinical course of this syndrome...
- Adrenomedullin gene expression differences in mice do not affect blood pressure but modulate hypertension-induced pathology in malesKathleen Caron
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3420-5. 2007..These observations suggest that the effect of gender on the role of AM in counteracting cardiovascular damage in humans merits careful evaluation...
- Lessons from the adrenomedullin knockout mouseKatsuyuki Ando
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 8655, Bunkyoku, Japan
Regul Pept 112:185-8. 2003..The accelerated organ damage in AM(+/-) mice was accompanied with enhanced production of oxidative stress. Thus, our data suggest that intrinsic AM play a vascular protective role...
- Endothelial responses of the aorta from adrenomedullin transgenic mice and knockout miceHiroaki Nishimatsu
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:S79-84. 2003..AM antagonists increased vascular tone in WT as well as in TG, suggesting that endogenous AM plays a physiological role in the regulation of aortic tone...
- Decreased expression of adrenomedullin during adipocyte-differentiation of 3T3-L1 cellsYin Li
Department of Molecular Biology and Applied Physiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575 Japan
Hypertens Res 26:S41-4. 2003..The present study thus showed that AM expression was decreased, and resistin expression increased, during adipocyte-differentiation of 3T3-L1 cells...
- Expression and immunohistochemical localization of adrenomedullin in the mouse cochleaTetsuya Tono
Department of Otolaryngology, Miyazaki Medical College, Miyazaki, Japan
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 64:169-72. 2002..These results suggest that AM may play a role in the regulation not only of cochlear hemodynamics but also of cochlear fluid dynamics...
- Adrenomedullin in mammalian embryogenesisMercedes Garayoa
Department of Histology and Pathology, Carcinogenesis Unit, University of Navarra, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
Microsc Res Tech 57:40-54. 2002....
- Structure, chromosomal localization, and expression of the gene for mouse ecto-mono(ADP-ribosyl)transferase ART5G Glowacki
Institute for Immunology, University Hospital, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Gene 275:267-77. 2001..The secreted epitope-tagged ART5 protein resembled rat ART2 in exhibiting potent NAD-glycohydrolase activity. This study provides important experimental tools to further elucidate the function of ART5...
- The mouse Psma1 gene coding for the alpha-type C2 proteasome subunit: structural and functional analysis, mapping, and colocalization with Pde3b on mouse chromosome 7A Hopitzan
Research and Development, Boehringer Ingelheim Austria, Vienna, 1121, Austria
Genomics 66:313-23. 2000..3 in a region syntenic to human chromosome 11p15. Our results extend the structural and functional analysis of genes encoding the 20S proteasome subunits and provide the basis for the study of their regulation...
- Differential expression of angiogenic and vasodilatory factors by invasive trophoblast giant cells depending on depth of invasionMyriam Hemberger
Genes and Development Research Group, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Dev Dyn 227:185-91. 2003..These results show that trophoblast giant cells have the intrinsic capacity to attract and increase blood flow and to gradually displace the vascular endothelium resulting in the formation of canals entirely lined by trophoblast cells...
- PHR1 encodes an abundant, pleckstrin homology domain-containing integral membrane protein in the photoreceptor outer segmentsS Xu
Predoctoral Training Program in Human Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 274:35676-85. 1999..This activity and subcellular location suggests that PHR1 may function as a previously unrecognized modulator of the phototransduction pathway...
- Characterization and chromosomal mapping of a mouse ortholog of the late-infantile ceroid-lipofuscinosis gene CLN2M L Katz
Mason Eye Institute, University of Missouri School of Medicine, One Hospital Drive, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Mamm Genome 10:1050-3. 1999..Characterization of the mouse Cln2 gene will facilitate generation of a mouse model for late-infantile ceroid-lipofuscinosis by gene targeting and identification of functionally important regions of the Cln2 protein...
- Expression of adrenomedullin, a hypotensive peptide, in the trophoblast giant cells at the embryo implantation site in mouseS Yotsumoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, 5047 Gullen Mall, Detroit, Michigan, 48202, USA
Dev Biol 203:264-75. 1998....
- Coordinate expression of transforming growth factor-beta1 and adrenomedullin in rodent embryogenesisL M Montuenga
Department of Cell and Cancer Biology, National Cancer Institute, Medicine Branch, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Endocrinology 139:3946-57. 1998....
- Cloning of mouse uncoupling protein 3 cDNA and 5'-flanking region, and its genetic mapH Yoshitomi
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Eisai Co, Ltd, 5 1 3, Tokodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2635, Japan
Gene 215:77-84. 1998..As Solanes et al. reported that both human UCP2 and UCP3 genes are assigned to chromosome 11q13, the region where the mouse Ucp2 and Ucp3 are localized is syntenic to human chromosome 11q13...
- Novel sites of adrenomedullin gene expression in mouse and rat tissuesV A Cameron
The Department of Medicine, The Christchurch School of Medicine, New Zealand
Endocrinology 139:2253-64. 1998..The strong expression of AM in uterus, ovary, and posterior pituitary suggests that AM plays a role in female reproduction...
- Adrenomedullin expression in the mouse mammary gland: evidence for the mature form in milkG D Jahnke
Laboratory of Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 19:279-89. 1997..These data suggest a potential role for AM and its receptor in the maintenance of mammary gland homeostasis and suggests a potential role for AM in development of the newborn...
- Human adipsin is identical to complement factor D and is expressed at high levels in adipose tissueR T White
California Biotechnology Inc, Mountain View 94043
J Biol Chem 267:9210-3. 1992..The data presented here, demonstrating the equivalence of human adipsin to complement factor D and its high level of expression in fat, suggest a previously unsuspected role for adipose tissue in immune system biology...
- Expression and regulation of adrenomedullin in renal glomerular podocytesMasayo Hino
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330:178-85. 2005..These results indicated that AM expression in the podocytes was upregulated by stimuli or condition relevant to podocyte injury, suggesting its potential role in podocyte pathophysiology...
- Adrenomedullin insufficiency increases allergen-induced airway hyperresponsiveness in miceHiroshi Yamamoto
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan 113 8655
J Appl Physiol (1985) 102:2361-8. 2007Adrenomedullin (ADM), a newly identified vasodilating peptide, is reported to be expressed in lungs and have a bronchodilating effect. We hypothesized whether ADM could be involved in the pathogenesis of bronchial asthma...
- Klf2 is an essential regulator of vascular hemodynamic forces in vivoJohn S Lee
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Dev Cell 11:845-57. 2006..These findings identify Klf2 as an essential hemodynamic regulator in vivo and suggest that hemodynamic regulation in response to fluid shear stress is required for cardiovascular development and function...
- Lipid defect underlies selective skin barrier impairment of an epidermal-specific deletion of Gata-3Cristina de Guzman Strong
National Human Genome Research Institute and 2National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 175:661-70. 2006..Comparison of these animal models illustrates how impairment of the skin barrier by two genetically distinct mechanisms leads to innate immune responses, as observed in the common human skin disorders psoriasis and atopic dermatitis...
- Urocortin and adrenomedullin prevent lethal endotoxemia by down-regulating the inflammatory responseElena Gonzalez-Rey
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Avd Conocimiento, Parque Tecnologico Ciencias de la Salud, Granada 18100, Spain
Am J Pathol 168:1921-30. 2006..In conclusion, UCN and AM could represent two multistep therapeutic agents for human septic shock to be used in combination with other immunomodulatory agents or complementary as anti-inflammatory factors to other therapies...
- The neuroprotective and vasculo-neuro-regenerative roles of adrenomedullin in ischemic brain and its therapeutic potentialKazutoshi Miyashita
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Japan
Endocrinology 147:1642-53. 2006..In summary, this study suggests the neuroprotective and vasculo-neuro-regenerative roles of AM and provides basis for a new strategy to rescue ischemic brain through its multiple hormonal actions...
- Identification of adipocyte differentiation-related regulatory element for adrenomedullin gene repression (ADRE-AR) in 3T3-L1 cellsYin Li
Department of Molecular Biology and Applied Physiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8575, Japan
Peptides 27:1405-14. 2006..The present study has raised the possibility that ADRE-AR may play important roles in the AM gene expression in preadipocytes, and that the AM gene may be repressed through the ADRE-AR in adipocytes...
- Sympatho-inhibitory action of endogenous adrenomedullin through inhibition of oxidative stress in the brainMegumi Fujita
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
Hypertension 45:1165-72. 2005..In conclusion, endogenous adrenomedullin in the brain may inhibit sympathetic activation through its antioxidant action...
- Adrenomedullin provokes endothelial Akt activation and promotes vascular regeneration both in vitro and in vivoKazutoshi Miyashita
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho Sakyo ku, Japan
FEBS Lett 544:86-92. 2003..The findings suggest that AM plays significant roles in vascular regeneration, associated with PKA- and PI3K-dependent activation of Akt in endothelial cells, and possesses therapeutic potential for vascular injury and tissue ischemia...
- Transcriptional regulation of cardiac progenitor cell populationsAmanda M Masino
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 8573, USA
Circ Res 95:389-97. 2004..These results define the transcriptional profile of mammalian cardiac progenitor cells and provide insight into the molecular regulation of the earliest periods of heart development...
- Angiotensin II-induced insulin resistance is enhanced in adrenomedullin-deficient miceGuangqun Xing
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Endocrinology 145:3647-51. 2004....
- Adrenomedullin can protect against pulmonary vascular remodeling induced by hypoxiaHiromitsu Matsui
Department of Nephrology and Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Circulation 109:2246-51. 2004..Thus, using heterozygous AM-knockout (AM+/-) mice, we examined whether AM could attenuate pulmonary vascular damage induced by hypoxia...
- Depressed adrenomedullin in the embryonic transforming growth factor-beta1 null mouse becomes elevated postnatallyElena Bodegas
Oncology Division, Center for Applied Medical Research, Department of Histology and Pathology, University of Navarra, Spain
Int J Dev Biol 48:67-70. 2004..The elevated expression of adrenomedullin which occurs postnatally in the TGF-beta1 null mouse may be a cause or a consequence of the multifocal wasting syndrome which is characteristic of postnatal TGF-beta1 null mice...
- Protective effects of endogenous adrenomedullin on cardiac hypertrophy, fibrosis, and renal damagePei Niu
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Circulation 109:1789-94. 2004..Adrenomedullin (AM) is a novel vasodilating peptide thought to have important effects on cardiovascular function. The aim of this study was to assess the activity of endogenous AM in the cardiovascular system using AM knockout mice...
- Accelerated cardiac hypertrophy and renal damage induced by angiotensin II in adrenomedullin knockout micePei Niu
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:731-6. 2003..An improved understanding of these roles may pave the way to a novel pharmacological approach for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases...
- Adrenomedullin upregulates M2-muscarinic receptors in cardiomyocytes from P19 cell lineSophie Buys
INSERM U586, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Medicale et Clinique, Faculte de Medecine, 37 Allees Jules Guesde, 31073 Toulouse Cedex, France
Br J Pharmacol 139:1219-27. 2003..6. Our findings demonstrate that AM regulates M(2) receptors expression in cardiomyocytes probably through a mechanism involving L1/G10D receptors. The 'in vivo' significance of this phenomenon remains to be demonstrated...
- cDNA subtraction cloning reveals novel genes whose temporal and spatial expression indicates association with trophoblast invasionM Hemberger
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Genetik, Berlin, Germany
Dev Biol 222:158-69. 2000..The known functions of MPS1 and cathepsin L proteins indicate that the related proteins EPCS50, EPCS24, and EPCS68 participate in conferring invasive properties to the mouse trophoblast...
- QTL associated with blood pressure, heart rate, and heart weight in CBA/CaJ and BALB/cJ miceFumihiro Sugiyama
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Physiol Genomics 10:5-12. 2002..Identification of the genes for these QTL should lead to a better understanding of the causes of essential hypertension...
- A critical cytoprotective role of endogenous adrenomedullin in acute myocardial infarctionShabaz A Hamid
Department of Basic Sciences, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 41:360-3. 2006..These studies provide the first evidence that expression of AM is a critical factor regulating myocardial tolerance to ischaemia-reperfusion injury...
- Reduced maternal expression of adrenomedullin disrupts fertility, placentation, and fetal growth in miceManyu Li
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2653-62. 2006..This study provides the first genetic evidence to our knowledge to suggest that a modest reduction in human AM expression during pregnancy may have an unfavorable impact on reproduction...
- Phenotype of Genetically Reduced Adrenomedullin during PregnancyKathleen Caron; Fiscal Year: 2008..Adrenomedullin (Adm) is a peptide vasodilator that has significant roles during pregnancy...