Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Add3
Description: adducin 3 (gamma)
Alias: AI463285, R75380, adducin-like protein 70, cytoskeletal protein, gamma-adducin
- γ-Adducin promotes process outgrowth and secretory protein exit from the Golgi apparatusHong Lou
Section on Cellular Neurobiology, Program on Developmental Neuroscience, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 49, Rm 5A22, 49 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Mol Neurosci 49:1-10. 2013....
- Immunofluorescence localization of an adducin-like protein in the chromosomes of mouse oocytesC Pinto-Correia
Department of Anatomical Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo 14214
Dev Biol 146:301-11. 1991..The results suggest that expression of the immunoreactive chromosomal adducin may be a unique feature of oogenesis...
- Targeted disruption of the beta adducin gene (Add2) causes red blood cell spherocytosis in miceD M Gilligan
Department of Internal Medicine Hematology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:10717-22. 1999..This study demonstrates adducin's importance to RBC membrane stability in vivo...
- The mouse adducin gene family: alternative splicing and chromosomal localizationS P Suriyapperuma
Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, WWW 403, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Mamm Genome 11:16-23. 2000..We also report here the localization of the gene encoding gamma adducin (Add3) to murine Chr 19, in a region that shows conserved synteny with human Chr 10.
- Expression of gamma-adducin is associated with regions of morphogenetic cell movement in the chick embryoJun Akai
Division of Cell and Developmental Biology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Mech Dev 119:S191-5. 2002..Gamma-adducin is detected at particularly high levels in cell populations undergoing important morphogenetic movements, such as epiblast approaching the primitive streak, regressing spinal cord primordia and closing neural tube...
- Positional cloning of Sorcs1, a type 2 diabetes quantitative trait locusSusanne M Clee
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Nat Genet 38:688-93. 2006..Our identification of the Sorcs1 gene provides insight into the pathway underlying the pathophysiology of obesity-induced type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Targeted deletion of alpha-adducin results in absent beta- and gamma-adducin, compensated hemolytic anemia, and lethal hydrocephalus in miceRaymond F Robledo
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME, USA
Blood 112:4298-307. 2008..These data indicate that adducin plays a role in RBC membrane stability and in cerebrospinal fluid homeostasis...
- Targeted deletion of the gamma-adducin gene (Add3) in mice reveals differences in alpha-adducin interactions in erythroid and nonerythroid cellsKenneth E Sahr
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04606, USA
Am J Hematol 84:354-61. 2009..These results suggest that the structural properties of adducin differ significantly between erythroid and various nonerythroid cell types...
- beta-adducin (Add2) KO mice show synaptic plasticity, motor coordination and behavioral deficits accompanied by changes in the expression and phosphorylation levels of the alpha- and gamma-adducin subunitsF Porro
ICGEB, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Trieste, Italy
Genes Brain Behav 9:84-96. 2010..These results strongly suggest coordinated expression and phosphorylation of adducin subunits as a key mechanism underlying synaptic plasticity, motor coordination performance and learning behaviors...