Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZNF469
Description: zinc finger protein 469
Alias: BCS, BCS1, zinc finger protein 469
Publications310 found, 100 shown here
- Deleterious mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene cause brittle cornea syndromeAlmogit Abu
Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 82:1217-22. 2008..We have identified two frameshift mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene (ZNF469)...
- Brittle cornea syndrome associated with a missense mutation in the zinc-finger 469 geneAnne E Christensen
Center for Medical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:47-52. 2010To investigate the diverse clinical manifestations, identify the causative mutation and explain the association with red hair in a family with brittle cornea syndrome (BCS).
- Common genetic variants near the Brittle Cornea Syndrome locus ZNF469 influence the blinding disease risk factor central corneal thicknessYi Lu
Genetics and Population Health, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS Genet 6:e1000947. 2010..95x10(-11). The nearest gene to the associated chromosome 16 SNPs was ZNF469, a locus recently implicated in Brittle Cornea Syndrome (BCS), a very rare disorder characterized by abnormal thin ..
- New loci associated with central cornea thickness include COL5A1, AKAP13 and AVGR8Veronique Vitart
MRC Human Genetics Unit, IGMM, Edinburgh, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:4304-11. 2010..22 SD, P = 7.1 × 10(-8)) for which the closest candidate genes (although ≥90 kb away) were zinc finger 469 (ZNF469) on 16q24.2 and collagen 5 alpha 1 (COL5A1) on 9q34.2, respectively...
- Mutations in PRDM5 in brittle cornea syndrome identify a pathway regulating extracellular matrix development and maintenanceEmma M M Burkitt Wright
Genetic Medicine Research Group, Manchester Biomedical Research Centre, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, University of Manchester and Central Manchester Foundation Trust, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Am J Hum Genet 88:767-77. 2011..b>ZNF469, encoding a zinc finger protein of hitherto undefined function, has been identified as a quantitative trait locus ..
- Population-based meta-analysis in Caucasians confirms association with COL5A1 and ZNF469 but not COL8A2 with central corneal thicknessRene Hoehn
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Center Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Hum Genet 131:1783-93. 2012..On chromosome 16q24, the locus is located in an intergenic region near the ZNF469 gene (top SNP: rs9938149, P = 1.45 × 10(-12))...
- Identification of a novel ZNF469 mutation in a large family with Ehlers-Danlos phenotypeMohammed Al-Owain
Department of Medical Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Gene 511:447-50. 2012..BCS-1 and BCS-2 are caused by recessive mutations in ZNF469 and PRDM5, respectively. Both genes play a role in the regulatory pathway of corneal development and maintenance...
- Breast cancer outcomes among older women: HMO, fee-for-service, and delivery system comparisonsA Lee-Feldstein
Center for Health Policy and Research, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Calif 92697-5800, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:189-99. 2001..50; 95% CI, 0.31 to 0.82). Use of breast-conserving surgery plus radiation (BCS+) varied significantly by hospital type (including HMO-owned and various-sized community hospitals) and time...
- Copper chelation-induced reduction of the biological activity of S-nitrosothiolsM P Gordge
Institute of Urology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 114:1083-9. 1995..and S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) was investigated, using the specific copper chelator bathocuproine sulphonate (BCS), and human washed platelets as target cells. 2...
- [Clinical manifestation and patho-typing of biliary cast syndrome in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation]Xiao Dan Zhu
Institute of Liver Transplantation, General Hospital of Chinese Armed Police Forces, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:728-32. 2008To summarize the Patho-typing and the clinical manifestation of biliary cast syndrome (BCS) in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation.
- 172 reuse of autoclaved intravaginal progesterone device to estrous synchronization in toggenburg goats in the breeding seasonJ M G Souza
Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:188. 2011..9±9.8kg and 3.4±0.3) goats were assigned according to weight and body condition score (BCS, 1 to 5 scale) into 3 treatments. Animals received new devices (n=25; 48.2±11.5kg and BCS 3.4±0.3) containing 0...
- Local treatment of hemorrhoidal disease and perianal eczema. Meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of an Escherichia coli culture suspension alone or in combination with hydrocortisoneVolker Wienert
University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 52:515-23. 2002..available clinical data on the efficacy and safety of ointments containing either a bacterial culture suspension (BCS) from Escherichia coli or a combination of BCS with hydrocortisone (CAS 50-23-7) (BCS: Posterisan, and BCS + HC: ..
- Radical surgery for Budd-Chiari syndrome through exposure of the entire inferior vena cava of the hepatic segmentXiao Ming Zhang
Department of Vascular Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:626-9. 2007Several kinds of radical surgery for the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) have been devised...
- Interaction of calf suckling, use of oxytocin and milk yield with reproductive performance of dairy buffaloesMuhammad Subhan Qureshi
Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, NWFP Agricultural University, Peshawar 25120, Pakistan
Anim Reprod Sci 106:380-92. 2008..Data on milk yield, body condition score (BCS) and reproductive parameters were recorded weekly...
- Influence of body condition score on by-product yield and value from cull beef cowsJ K Apple
Department of Animal Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
J Anim Sci 77:2670-9. 1999..representing British and Continental phenotypes were slaughtered to measure the influence of body condition score (BCS) on by-product yield and value...
- A 27-year experience with surgical treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeM J Orloff
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California 92103 8999, USA
Ann Surg 232:340-52. 2000To determine the effects of surgical portal decompression in Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) on survival, quality of life, shunt patency, liver function, portal hemodynamics, and hepatic morphology during periods ranging from 3.5 to 27 years.
- Patterns of care analysis among women with ductal carcinoma in situ in North CarolinaLeRon C Jackson
Department of Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Surg 195:164-9. 2008..Further study goals included the identification of predictors of breast-conserving surgery (BCS), adjuvant radiation, and/or hormonal therapy, as well as breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
- Radiological and pathological size estimations of pure ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast, specimen handling and the influence on the success of breast conservation surgery: a review of 2564 cases from the Sloane ProjectJ Thomas
Pathology Department, Western General Hospital and Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Unit, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 102:285-93. 2010..We have correlated these sizes with histological grade, specimen-handling methods, particularly the use of specimen slice radiographs, and the success or failure of breast-conserving surgery (BCS).
- Copper redox-dependent activation of 2-tert-butyl(1,4)hydroquinone: formation of reactive oxygen species and induction of oxidative DNA damage in isolated DNA and cultured rat hepatocytesYunbo Li
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St Albert Hall, St John s University, Jamaica, NY 11439, USA
Mutat Res 518:123-33. 2002..of O(2) and the generation of H(2)O(2) and TBQ could be completely blocked by bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and reduced glutathione (GSH), two Cu(I)-chelators...
- Analysis of heterocyclic amines and beta-carbolines by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry in cooked meats commonly consumed in KoreaY M Back
Department of Food Science and Technology, Dongguk University, Seoul 100 715, South Korea
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 26:298-305. 2009..In this study, 13 HAs and 2 beta-carbolines (BCs) were analyzed in cooked Korean meat products, including griddled bacon, griddled pork loin, boiled pork loin, ..
- [Budd-Chiari syndrome and TIPS--twelve years' experience]V Safka
Ustav fyziologie LF UK, Hradec Kralove
Cas Lek Cesk 144:38-42. 2005Massive thrombosis of hepatic veins is clinically the most serious type of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS). Ischemic impairment is the basic problem in case of acute or fulminate course of BCS...
- Effects of postpartum dietary fat and body condition score at parturition on plasma, adipose tissue, and milk fatty acid composition of lactating beef cowsS L Lake
Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071 3684, USA
J Anim Sci 85:717-30. 2007..conducted with lactating Angus x Gelbvieh beef cows to determine the effects of postpartum lipid supplementation, BCS at parturition, and day of lactation on fatty acid profiles in plasma, adipose tissue, and milk. In Exp...
- Body condition change ante- and postpartum, health and reproductive performance in German Holstein cowsM Hoedemaker
Production Medicine Unit, Clinic for Cattle, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bischofsholer Damm 15, Hannover, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 44:167-73. 2009The effects of body condition score (BCS) change and status ante- and postpartum (pp) on health and reproductive performance in 234 German Holstein cows from eight dairy farms were evaluated...
- Secretion of IGF-1 by ovine granulosa cells: effects of growth hormone and follicle stimulating hormoneM Khalid
Department of Farm Animal and Equine Medicine, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Harfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Anim Reprod Sci 58:261-72. 2000..In the first set of experiments, cells were incubated in the presence of bovine calf serum (BCS) (2.5%) for the initial 48 h of culture...
- Genetic relationships between body condition score and reproduction traits in Canadian Holstein and Ayrshire first-parity cowsC Bastin
University of Liege, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, Animal Science Unit, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
J Dairy Sci 93:2215-28. 2010The objective of this study was to investigate the genetic relationship between body condition score (BCS) and reproduction traits for first-parity Canadian Ayrshire and Holstein cows...
- Histopathologic classification of breast cancer in Sweden and Italy: a comparison between two pathologistsD Palli
Epidemiology Unit, Florence, Italy
Tumori 78:247-9. 1992..Overall, comparison of diagnoses of 372 BCs according to a simplified WHO histologic classification system (in four combined categories) revealed agreement for ..
- Physicochemical profiling (solubility, permeability and charge state)A Avdeef
pION INC, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Curr Top Med Chem 1:277-351. 2001..Poor solubility and poor permeability account for many PK failures. FDA's Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is an attempt to rationalize the critical components related to oral absorption...
- [Local relapse in young (< or = 40 years) women with breast cancer after mastectomy or breast conserving surgery: 15-year results]Janos Fodor
Országos Onkológiai Intézet, 1122 Budapest, Ráth Gyorgy
Magy Onkol 49:203, 205-8. 2005Data from various sources indicate that after breast conserving surgery (BCS), younger patients have a high risk of local relapse, but there is insufficient evidence about the risk of post-mastectomy local recurrence...
- Effects of plane of nutrition and selenium supply during gestation on ewe and neonatal offspring performance, body composition, and serum seleniumA M Meyer
Department of Animal Sciences, North Dakota State University, Center for Nutrition and Pregnancy, Fargo 58108, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1786-800. 2010..From d 95 of gestation through parturition and d 20 of lactation, ewe BW and BCS were least (P <or= 0...
- The use of drug metabolism for prediction of intestinal permeability (dagger)Mei Ling Chen
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Mol Pharm 6:74-81. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS), based on the aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability of a drug substance, has been widely used to predict the extent of drug absorption during the course of pharmaceutical ..
- Access to multidisciplinary cancer care: is it linked to the use of breast-conserving surgery with radiation for early-stage breast carcinoma?Laura Mae Baldwin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 4696, USA
Cancer 100:701-9. 2004Breast-conserving surgery (BCS) with radiation (BCSR) requires a multidisciplinary care approach between surgeons and radiation oncologists.
- A first look at variations in use of breast conserving surgery at five teaching hospitals in JapanTatsuro Ishizaki
Department of Healthcare Economics and Quality Management, School of Public Health, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Qual Health Care 14:411-8. 2002We assessed variations in the use of breast conserving surgery (BCS) for operable breast cancer paticnts among hospitals in Japan, and then compared the length of stay (LOS) and total charges during hospitalization between patients who ..
- Understanding the breast cancer experience of women: a qualitative study of African American, Asian American, Latina and Caucasian cancer survivorsKimlin Tam Ashing-Giwa
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychooncology 13:408-28. 2004..We conducted a qualitative study with breast cancer survivors (BCS) of various ethnicities...
- Haemolytic activities and adjuvant effect of Bupleurum chinense saponins on the immune responses to ovalbumin in miceHong Xiang Sun
College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Kaixuan Road 268, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310029, China
Vaccine 24:1324-31. 2006In this study, the haemolytic activities of Bupleurum chinense saponins (BCS) and its adjuvant potentials on the immune responses of ICR mice against ovalbumin (OVA) were evaluated...
- Modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt in the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeX Wu
Research Institute of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Int J Clin Pract 64:460-4. 2010The aim of this study was to determine the outcome of a modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (MTIPS) in the treatment of the Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS, occlusion of the hepatic veins).
- Breast-conserving surgery using projection and reproduction techniques of surgical-position breast MRI in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastMasahiro Sakakibara
Department of General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuoku, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 207:62-8. 2008In this study, we report a breast-conserving surgery (BCS) approach that uses projection and reproduction techniques of breast MRI obtained in the surgical position to the breast surface in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) ..
- High levels of soluble Major Histocompatibility Complex class I related chain A (MICA) are associated with biliary cast syndrome after liver transplantationYizhou Zou
Department of Immunology, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Hunan, China
Transpl Immunol 21:210-4. 2009The biliary cast syndrome (BCS) is a frequent problem following liver transplantation. The pathogenesis of this complication is not well understood...
- Prepartum dietary management of energy intake affects postpartum intake and lactation performance by primiparous and multiparous Holstein cowsN A Janovick
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:3086-102. 2010..and primiparous cows assigned to OVR gained body condition during the dry period [initial body condition score (BCS)=3.3], but were not overconditioned by parturition (BCS=3.5)...
- Glutamate supply positively affects serum release of triiodothyronine and insulin across time without increases of glucose during the onset of puberty in female goatsC A Meza-Herrera
Universidad Autónoma Chapingo Unidad Regional Universitaria de Zonas Áridas A P No 8, Bermejillo, Durango 35230, Mexico
Anim Reprod Sci 125:74-80. 2011..52±1.04 kg LW, 3.4±0.12 body condition score [BCS], receiving an intravenous infusion of 7 mg kg(-1) live weight [LW] of l-glutamate, twice a week, and (ii) control ..
- The suitability of an in situ perfusion model for permeability determinations: utility for BCS class I biowaiver requestsJae Seung Kim
TSRL, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Mol Pharm 3:686-94. 2006..studies for immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms based on the Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS)...
- The effects of metabolizable energy intake on body fat depots of adult Pelibuey ewes fed roughage diets under tropical conditionsA J Chay-Canul
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan, Carr Mérida Xmatkuil km 15 5, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Trop Anim Health Prod 43:929-36. 2011..Eighteen 3-year-old Pelibuey ewes with similar body weight (BW) of 37.6 ± 4.0 kg and body condition score (BCS) of 2.5 ± 0.20 were randomly assigned to three groups of six ewes each in a completely randomized design...
- Stage at diagnosis and treatment patterns among older women with breast cancer: an HMO and fee-for-service comparisonG F Riley
Health Care Financing Administration, Baltimore, MD 21244, USA
JAMA 281:720-6. 1999..Few studies have compared patterns of care in health maintenance organization (HMO) and fee-for-service (FFS) settings...
- Biopharmaceutics classification system: validation and learnings of an in vitro permeability assayVictoria E Thiel-Demby
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Mol Pharm 6:11-8. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is the scientific basis for classifying drugs based on their aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability that supports in vivo bioavailability and bioequivalence waivers for immediate-..
- Feasibility and midterm outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty for symptomatic Budd-Chiari syndrome secondary to hepatic venous obstructionTianxiao Li
Department of Interventional Radiology, People s Hospital of Henan Province, Zhengzhou, Henan, Peoples Republic of China
J Vasc Surg 50:1079-84. 2009This study evaluated the feasibility and outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty (PTBA) of the hepatic vein in the management of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) secondary to hepatic venous outflow obstruction.
- Storage time and eggshell colour of pheasant eggs vs. the number of blastodermal cells and hatchability resultsRadosław Kozuszek
Department of Poultry Science, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Witosa 45, 61 693 Poznań, Poland
Folia Biol (Krakow) 57:121-30. 2009..dark-brown and olive eggs were characterised by a similar and significantly higher (by about 48%) number of embryo BCs in comparison with light-brown and blue eggs...
- Effect of weaning date (normal vs. late) on performance of young and mature beef cows and their progeny in a fall calving system in the Southern Great PlainsM D Hudson
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1577-87. 2010..Mature cows were heavier (P < 0.01) than young cows throughout the trial, although BCS was similar (P >or= 0.10) among cow age classes. Cow BW (P = 0.58) and BCS (P = 0...
- Patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in two Canadian provinces. British Columbia/Ontario Working GroupV Goel
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics, University of Toronto
CMAJ 156:25-35. 1997..To describe the patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in Ontario and British Columbia and to compare the characteristics of the patients and tumours and of the physicians and hospitals involved in management...
- Effects of body condition score and score change on the reproductive performance of dairy cows: a meta-analysisF Lopez-Gatius
Department of Animal Production, University of Lleida, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería Agraria, Avda Alcalde Rovira Roure 177, 25198 Lleida, Spain
Theriogenology 59:801-12. 2003A meta-analysis was conducted to evaluate the effects of body condition score (BCS) at parturition and at first AI, and of body condition change during the early lactation period on the variables pregnancy rate at first AI and number of ..
- Milk production of dairy cows fed wet corn gluten feed during the dry period and lactationP J Kononoff
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68583 0908, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:2608-17. 2006..of feeding wet corn gluten feed (WCGF) on 305-d milk production, dry matter (DM) intake, body condition score (BCS), and health...
- Genetics of body condition score in New Zealand dairy cowsJ E Pryce
Livestock Improvement Corporation Ltd, Private Bag 3016, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Dairy Sci 89:4424-32. 2006Body condition score (BCS) data were collected on 169,661 first-parity cows from herds participating in progeny testing schemes and linear type assessment...
- Relationships among inflammatory cytokines, obesity, and insulin sensitivity in the horseM M Vick
Department of Veterinary Science, Maxwell Gluck Equine Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546, USA
J Anim Sci 85:1144-55. 2007..Age was recorded and BCS and percent body fat (% FAT) were determined as measures of obesity in 60 mares...
- Effects of late gestation supplementation of rumen undegradable protein, vitamin E, zinc, and chlortetracycline to ewes on indices of immune transfer and productivityR R Redden
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman 59717, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1125-34. 2010..Ewes of different age (Exp. 1; 3- vs. 6-yr-old; n = 52) and BCS (Exp. 2; good vs. poor BCS; 3.0 and 1.7 +/- 0...
- Preliminary evaluation of magnetic resonance fresh blood imaging for diagnosis of Budd-Chiari syndromeKe Ren
Department of Radiology, First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:95-9. 2007Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a rare disease with portal hypertension caused by the blockage of the hepatic vein and/or the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Associations among patterns in daily body weight, body condition scoring, and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cowsM van Straten
Hachaklait, Mutual Society for Veterinary Services, Caesarea Industrial Park, Israel
J Dairy Sci 92:4375-85. 2009The objective was to investigate the associations between body condition scores (BCS) and daily body weight (BW) in the first 150 d of lactation (DIM) and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cows...
- Effects of acclimation to human interaction on performance, temperament, physiological responses, and pregnancy rates of Brahman-crossbred cowsR F Cooke
Oregon State University, Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center, Burns 97720, USA
J Anim Sci 87:4125-32. 2009..Approximately 45 d after weaning (August 2006) in yr 1, cows were evaluated for BW, BCS, and temperament (chute score, pen score, and exit velocity), stratified by these measurements in addition to breed ..
- Heritability of gross feed efficiency and associations with yield, intake, residual intake, body weight, and body condition score in 11 commercial Pennsylvania tie stallsJ E Vallimont
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Dairy Sci 94:2108-13. 2011..by regressing daily DMI on daily milk, fat, and protein yields, body weight (BW), daily body condition score (BCS) gain or loss, the interaction between BW and BCS gain or loss, and days in milk (DIM)...
- Effects of nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and catsMarcio A Brunetto
Department of Veterinary Clinic and Surgery, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil
J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio) 20:224-31. 2010..the effects of assisted nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and cats, and the relationship between hospital outcome and energy intake, body condition score (BCS), physical status score, and type of nutritional support used.
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt creation in Budd-Chiari syndrome: percutaneous ultrasound-guided direct simultaneous puncture of the portal vein and vena cavaFatih Boyvat
Department of Radiology, Baskent University, Faculty of Medicine, Fevzi Cakmak Cad 10 sok No 45, 06490, Bahcelievler, Ankara, Turkey
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:857-61. 2006Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is an uncommon disorder that can be life-threatening, depending on the degree of hepatic venous outflow obstruction...
- Survival disadvantage among Medicaid-insured breast cancer patients treated with breast conserving surgery without radiation therapyKristie Long Foley
Division of Public Health Sciences, Department of Social Sciences and Health Policy, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 101:207-14. 2007Clinical studies indicate that breast cancer patients treated with breast conserving surgery (BCS) without radiotherapy (RT) have a greater risk of recurrence and mortality compared to those receiving BCS plus RT...
- The Indiana University telephone-based assessment of neuropsychological status: a new method for large scale neuropsychological assessmentFrederick W Unverzagt
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 13:799-806. 2007..to a telephone administration format for use in a large survey of quality of life in breast cancer survivors (BCS)...
- Eighteen years of liver transplantation experience in patients with advanced Budd-Chiari syndromeFrank Ulrich
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Charite, Campus Virchow Clinical Centre, Berlin, Germany
Liver Transpl 14:144-50. 2008The long-term results of liver transplantation for Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) and timely indication for the procedure are still under debate...
- Productive and reproductive performance of strategically supplemented free grazing prepartum Bunaji cows in the agropastoral farming systemO A Olafadehan
Department of Animal Production Technology, Federal College of Wildlife Management, P M B 268, New Bussa, Niger State, Nigeria
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:1275-81. 2009..The average daily gains (ADG) and body condition scores (BCS) of supplemented cows were significantly better than the non-supplemented cows...
- Use of a body condition score technique to assess health status in a rat model of polycystic kidney diseaseDebra L Hickman
Research and Development Service, VA Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 49:155-9. 2010..Body condition score (BCS) techniques have been described for a variety of species, including mice...
- Resistance and resilience of traditionally managed West African Dwarf goats from the savanna zone of northern Nigeria to naturally acquired trypanosome and gastrointestinal nematode infectionsJ M Behnke
School of Biology, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG72RD, UK
J Helminthol 85:80-91. 2011..Body condition scores (BCS) also declined with month of the study, but there was a marked difference between the two sexes, with male animals ..
- Storage of Buffy-coat-derived platelets in additive solutions: in vitro effects on platelets prepared by the novel TACSI system and stored in plastic containers with different gas permeabilityP Sandgren
Department of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Vox Sang 99:341-7. 2010The novel TACSI system is designed for automated preparation of platelets (PLTs) from pooled buffy coats (BCs). One TACSI device will handle 6 units at the same time...
- Development, optimization, and characterization of solid self-nanoemulsifying drug delivery systems of valsartan using porous carriersSarwar Beg
Department of Pharmaceutics, Roland Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Khodasingi, Berhampur, 760 010, Odisha, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 13:1416-27. 2012..Thus, the present studies demonstrated the bioavailability enhancement potential of porous carriers based S-SNEDDS for a BCS class II drug, valsartan.
- In vitro behaviors of rat mesenchymal stem cells on bacterial celluloses with different moduliSiriporn Taokaew
Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The University of Akron, Akron, OH 44325 3906, United States
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 38:263-71. 2014..Freeze dried BCs had loose cross-sectional structures and a thickness of ~4...
- Utilization and impact of a postmastectomy radiation boost for invasive breast cancerJyoti Mayadev
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California Electronic address
Pract Radiat Oncol 4:e269-78. 2014Additional radiation following postmastectomy radiation (PMRT) has an undefined benefit. We investigate those likely to be selected for a chest wall boost (CWB) and its effect on breast cancer survival (BCS) and overall survival (OS).
- Structure and functioning of a multidisciplinary 'Heart Team' for patients with coronary artery disease: rationale and recommendations from a joint BCS/BCIS/SCTS working groupHeyman Luckraz
Heart and Lung Centre, Wolverhampton, UK
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 48:524-9. 2015..This work was carried out on behalf of The British Cardiovascular Society (BCS), Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland (SCTS) and British Cardiovascular Intervention ..
- Development of self emulsifying lipid formulations of BCS class II drugs with low to medium lipophilicityVincent Jannin
Gattefossé SAS, 36 chemin de Genas 69804 Saint Priest, France Electronic address
Int J Pharm 495:385-92. 2015..All model drugs tested (piroxicam, curcumin and nifedipine) belong to the same chemical space--small BCS class II molecules with logP ranging from 2 to 3...
- Comparative effectiveness study of breast-conserving surgery and mastectomy in the general population: A NCDB analysisKai Chen
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Malignant Tumor Epigenetics and Gene Regulation, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Oncotarget 6:40127-40. 2015Recent studies have revealed that breast-conserving surgery (BCS) with radiotherapy (RT) led to better survival than mastectomy in some populations...
- Positive margins prediction in breast cancer conservative surgery: Assessment of a preoperative web-based nomogramLídia Alves-Ribeiro
Medical Faculty of Porto University, Alameda Prof Hernani Monteiro, Porto 4200 319, Portugal Electronic address
Breast 28:167-73. 2016..to diminish reoperation rates and reduce the probability of local recurrence in breast conservative surgery (BCS). This study aims to validate the Dutch BreastConservation! nomogram, created by Pleijhus et al...
- Biowaiver Eligibility of a Lower Strength Ramipril/Hydrochlorothiazide Immediate Release Tablets Using a New Validated HPLC Analytical MethodA N Zaid
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, An Najah National University, Nablus, Palestine
Drug Res (Stuttg) 66:539-546. 2016..Accordingly, an alternative in vitro study (biowaivers) has been introduced for drugs which belong to BCS class I and III and for other strengths of already approved higher drug strength...
- Effects of resistance exercise in women with or at risk for breast cancer-related lymphedemaEmily Simonavice
School of Health and Human Performance, Georgia College and State University, Campus Box 112, Milledgeville, GA, 31061, USA
Support Care Cancer 25:9-15. 2017Breast cancer survivors (BCS) have been told in the past to avoid strenuous repetitive activities in order to decrease the risk of lymphedema development...
- Hepatic Encephalopathy in Connection With Budd-Chiari Syndrome due to Infection With Echinococcus Multilocularis: A Case ReportAhmet Cumhur Dulger
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical Faculty, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Gastroenterology Res 4:127-130. 2011Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a hepatic venous outflow block generally resulting from disorders affecting hepatic venous system. Elevated hepatic venous pressure results in portal hypertension. BCS may also cause hepatic encephalopathy...
- Pectinate ligament dysplasia in the Border Collie, Hungarian Vizsla and Golden RetrieverJames A C Oliver
Centre for Preventive Medicine, Animal Health Trust, Lanwades Park, Kentford, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 7UU, UK
Vet Rec . 2016..Gonioscopy was performed in 102 BCs, 112 HVs and 230 GRs and the percentage of iridocorneal angle affected by PLD was estimated and classified as ..
- Differential reinnervation of retinal bipolar cell dendrites and axon terminals by dopamine interplexiform cells following dopamine depletion with 6-OHDAS Yazulla
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, State University of New York at Stony Brook, New York 11794 5230, USA
J Comp Neurol 382:535-45. 1997..were double labeled for protein kinase C and tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) immunocytochemistry to identify the ON-BCs and the DA-IPCs, respectively...
- The in vivo profile of transcription factors during neutrophil differentiation in human bone marrowMalene Digmann Bjerregaard
Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Blood 101:4322-32. 2003..PMs]); intermediate mature (myelocytes [MCs] and metamyelocytes [MMs]); and mature neutrophil cells (band cells [BCs] and segmented neutrophil cells [SCs])...
- Budd-Chiari syndrome: in evolutionVladimir Bogin
Internal Medicine, Longview, WA, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:33-5. 2005Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a rare but potentially life-threatening disorder caused by hepatic venous obstruction, distinct from cardiac causes of hepatic congestion or sinusoidal obstruction syndrome (formerly known as veno-occlusive ..
- Direct intrahepatic cavo-portal shunts in Budd-Chiari syndrome: Role of simultaneous fluoroscopy and trans-abdominal ultrasonographyShyamkumar N Keshava
Department of Radiology, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore 632 004, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 25:248-50. 2006Transjugular intrahepatic porto-systemic shunt (TIPS) for Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) can be inserted from inferior vena cava or hepatic vein to portal vein...
- Cobalamin, folate and inorganic phosphate abnormalities in ill catsNicola Reed
Division of Veterinary Clinical Studies, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh Hospital for Small Animals, Easter Bush Veterinary Centre, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9RG, UK
J Feline Med Surg 9:278-88. 2007..and pancreas) and to ascertain whether severity of disease (as assessed by bodyweight and body condition score (BCS)) related to degree of deficiency. The study population comprised 103 cats, of which 16...
- Conjugated linoleic acid content in adipose tissue of calves suckling beef cows on pasture and supplemented with raw or extruded soybeansC Paradis
Departement des Sciences Animales, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
J Anim Sci 86:1624-36. 2008..c. adipose tissue of suckling calves. Thirty-two spring-calving cows (BW 624 +/- 76 kg; BCS 3.5 +/- 0.4; mean +/- SD) and calves (BW 127 +/- 15 kg) were separated into 2 groups...
- Comparison of photon with electron boost in treatment of early stage breast cancerArpad Kovacs
Health Science Center, University of Kaposvar, Kaposvar, Hungary
Pathol Oncol Res 14:193-7. 2008In the treatment of early stage breast cancer breast conserving surgery (BCS) followed by whole breast irradiation (WBI) is a standard method...
- [Mesoatrial shunt in Budd-Chiari syndrome]Darko Mirkovic
Klinika za abdominalnu i endokrinu hirurgiju, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 66:69-73. 2009Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) represents partial or total occlusion of the hepatic veins with or without simultaneous obstruction of vena cava inferior (VCI)...
- Balò's concentric sclerosis presenting with benign clinical course and multiple sclerosis-like lesions on magnetic resonance imagesYongmei Li
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Neurol India 57:66-8. 2009Balò's concentric sclerosis (BCS) is a rare primary demyelinating disease of central nervous system (CNS) and is considered to be a variant of multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- A decade of land use contributes to changes in the chemistry, biochemistry and bacterial community structures of soils in the CerradoR S Peixoto
LEMM Laboratório de Ecologia Microbiana Molecular, Instituto de Microbiologia Professor Paulo de Goes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 98:403-13. 2010..Soil chemical analysis, microbial biomass and the enzyme activities were also evaluated and correlated with the BCS measurements...
- Timing of radiotherapy and outcome in patients receiving adjuvant endocrine therapyPer Karlsson
Department of Oncology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:398-402. 2011To evaluate the association between the interval from breast-conserving surgery (BCS) to radiotherapy (RT) and the clinical outcome among patients treated with adjuvant endocrine therapy.
- Relationship of ruminal temperature with parturition and estrus of beef cowsM J Cooper-Prado
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078 0425, USA
J Anim Sci 89:1020-7. 2011..0 ± 0.2 mo of gestation. Boluses were programmed to transmit RuT every 15 min. Cows (BW = 623 ± 44 kg, BCS = 4.9 ± 0.4) calved during 3 wk, and estrus was synchronized at 77 ± 7 d after calving with PGF(2α)...
- Results of liver transplantation in the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeAnna Mackiewicz
Students Scientific Group of Department of General, Transplantation and Liver Surgery, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Ann Transplant 17:5-10. 2012Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a rare disorder which can lead to liver failure. It arises from an occlusion of small vessels and/or thrombosis of the major hepatic veins...
- Application of a ternary HP-β-CD-complex approach to improve the dissolution performance of a poorly soluble weak acid under biorelevant conditionsThomas Zoeller
Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, 9 Max von Laue Street, Frankfurt am Main 60438, Germany
Int J Pharm 430:176-83. 2012..This formulation approach, particularly with the new polymer, appears to be promising in terms of enhancing the bioavailability of BCS class II drugs.
- Emulsion forming drug delivery system for lipophilic drugsJyoti Wadhwa
M M College of Pharmacy, M M University, Mullana Ambala, Haryana, India
Acta Pol Pharm 69:179-91. 2012..a unique and industrially feasible approach to overcome the problem of low oral bioavailability associated with the BCS class II drugs...
- ABCG2 modulates chlorothiazide permeability--in vitro-characterization of its interactionsErzsébet Beéry
SOLVO Biotechnology, Szeged, Hungary
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 27:349-53. 2012..It is a Biopharmaceutics Classification System/Biopharmaceutics Drug Distribution and Classification System (BCS/BDDCS) Class IV drug with low bioavailability...
- Screening mammograms in Alzheimer's disease patientsGeorge M Yousef
Marshall University, USA
W V Med J 108:92-5. 2012..In this case, the family opted for breast conserving surgery (BCS) followed by palliative care which brought up the question of whether screening was appropriate with this treatment ..
- The evolution of therapeutic strategies for biliary tract complications after liver transplantation over a period of 20 yearsM R Gonzalez
Liver Transplantation Unit, Virgen de la Arrixaca University Hospital, Murcia, Espana
Transplant Proc 44:2093-5. 2012..as a result of advances in surgical techniques and improved immunosuppressive control, biliary complications (BCs) continue to be the most common cause of morbidity in liver transplant recipients...
- Inorganic matrices: an answer to low drug solubility problemLuana Perioli
Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Via del Liceo 1, Perugia 06123, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 9:1559-72. 2012..of many orally administered drugs, belonging to class II and IV of the Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS)...
- Bioelectrical impedance self-measurement protocol development and daily variation between healthy volunteers and breast cancer survivors with lymphedemaSheila H Ridner
1 School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
Lymphat Res Biol 12:2-9. 2014..Previous studies suggest that less than 50% of breast cancer survivors with lymphedema (BCS-LE) perform prescribed self-care tasks and that even wearing a compression sleeve, the most commonly reported self-..
- The effects of a 6-month resistance training and dried plum consumption intervention on strength, body composition, blood markers of bone turnover, and inflammation in breast cancer survivorsEmily Simonavice
a School of Health and Human Performance, Georgia College and State University, Campus Box 112, Milledgeville, GA 31061, USA
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 39:730-9. 2014..DP) consumption on strength, body composition, blood markers of bone, and inflammation in breast cancer survivors (BCS)...
- Behcet's disease in budd-chiari syndromeAnne Claire Desbois
Department of Internal Medicine and clinical Immunology APHP, Paris France, Centre de référence des maladies autoimmunes et systémiques rares, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, Paris, France Laboratory I3 Immunology, Immunopathology, Immunotherapy, UMR CNRS 7211, INSERM U959, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, DHU I2B Inflammation, Immunopathology, Biotherapy, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6, Paris, France
Orphanet J Rare Dis 9:104. 2014Behcet's disease (BD) is a well-known cause of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS). Data are lacking on the presentation and outcome of BCS related to BD.
- Evaluation of pre-breeding reproductive tract scoring as a predictor of long term reproductive performance in beef heifersD E Holm
Department of Production Animal Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X04, Onderstepoort 0110, South Africa Electronic address
Prev Vet Med 118:56-63. 2015..The effect of RTS on each outcome was adjusted for year of birth, pre-breeding age, BW and body condition score (BCS), and for 24-day anoestrus, bull, gestation length, previous days to calving and previous cow efficiency index, the ..
- Survival in stage I-III breast cancer patients by surgical treatment in a publicly funded health care systemS Fisher
School of Public Health
Ann Oncol 26:1161-9. 2015..suggest that patients who receive mastectomy have poorer survival than those who receive breast-conserving surgery (BCS) plus radiotherapy, despite clinically established equivalence...
- Sugars as solid dispersion carrier to improve solubility and dissolution of the BCS class II drug: clotrimazoleAshwini Madgulkar
a Department of Pharmaceutics, AISSMS College of Pharmacy, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 42:28-38. 2016Solid dispersion of poorly soluble BCS class II drug, clotrimazole, was prepared with the aim of enhancing its dissolution profile...
- Characterization of HIN1 Putative Tumor SuppressorIan Krop; Fiscal Year: 2003..is highly expressed in normal breast epithelial cells, but lost in >90% of primary pre-invasive and invasive BCs and BC cell lines...
- Frank Pajonk; Fiscal Year: 2016..serum Epo level correlate with high BCSC burden, nodal status and local control after breast-conserving surgery (BCS) and RT...
- Nirmala Ramanujam; Fiscal Year: 2015..Women with operable breast cancer undergo Breast Conserving Surgery (BCS), also called lumpectomy or partial mastectomy...
- MULTILEVEL COMPLIANCE MODEL OF BREAST CANCER TREATMENTSMary Fennell; Fiscal Year: 1999..In brief, recommended primary treatment has been breast conserving surgery (BCS) plus radiation therapy (RT), or modified radical mastectomy...
- SHABBIR BAKIR BAMBOT; Fiscal Year: 2014..innovative, cost effective and easy to use device for visualizing tumor margins during Breast Conservation Surgery (BCS), a method that is used in about 60-70% percent of breast cancer surgeries...
- Intra-operative specimen tomosynthesis for margin assessment in breast surgeryEMRE TOKER; Fiscal Year: 2009..radiographic margin assessment of surgically excised breast tissue specimens during breast-conserving surgery (BCS)...
- CARE, COSTS AND OUTCOMES OF LOCAL BREAST CANCERJeanne Mandelblatt; Fiscal Year: 1999..treatments for local breast cancer in the elderly: modified radical mastectomy (MRM), breast conserving surgery (BCS) with radiotherapy (RT), and BCS without RT...
- A Fluorescence Histology System for In Vivo Breast Tumor Margin AssessmentJONATHAN QUINCY BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2012..women with early stage invasive breast cancer and/or carcinoma in situ (CIS) received breast conserving surgery (BCS). BCS involves removal of malignant tissue with a surrounding margin of normal breast tissue...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS SBIR TOPIC 307 PHASE I NOVEL IMAGING AGENTS TO EXPAND THE CLINBRYAN WALSER; Fiscal Year: 2011..The major complication after breast conserving surgery (BCS) is local recurrence of the cancer...
- Influence of Exercise and Adiposity on Biomarkers of Breast Cancer RecurrenceLisa J Wood; Fiscal Year: 2013..Observational studies suggest that if breast cancer survivors (BCS) can become sufficiently physically active and control their weight, prognosis may improve even further...
- LYLE D ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2016..pharmaceutical industry is that 40-70% of new drug compounds belong to the biopharmaceutics classification system (BCS) class II with such poor aqueous solubility that they cannot be formulated on their own...
- Local Therapy of Breast Cancer in Community PopulationsNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2007..conservation offers survival rates equivalent to mastectomy and (b) patients undergoing breast-conserving surgery (BCS) should also receive radiation. These statements are based on clinical trial data; however, only 2...
- STEPHEN JONATHAN MACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2015..The British Cohort Study (BCS) and UK National Child Development Study (NCDS) will enable us to estimate these models up to middle age...
- Oliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2015..extend the approach to patients lacking histocompatibility locus antigen (HLA)-matched donors by investigating 131l-BCS in the setting of haplo-identical transplantation for AML, ALL and MDS (Aim 2) and explore the use of 90Yttrium-BC8,..
- Richard H Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2014The connections between cone photoreceptors and their postsynaptic targets, bipolar and horizontal cells (BCs and HCs), are the first synapses in the visual system...
- Jianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2016..Twist is a DNA-binding transcription factor overexpressed in invasive BCs and a master regulator of EMT and BC Meta...
- MARIA EULALIA RUBIO; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the cochlear nucleus (CN), AN fibers bifurcate to innervate multiple cell populations, including bushy cells (BCs) in the ventral CN, and fusiform cells (FCs) in the dorsal CN...
- Roles of SRC-3 in Development and DiseaseJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..While SRC3 is expressed in the basal cells (BCs) but not expressed in the normal exocrine luminal epithelial cells (ELECs), it is overexpressed in the advanced ..
- Richard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2016..The NetBio platform consists of a ruggedized, analytic instrument that accepts a biochipset (BCS)-shown in Preliminary Studies to purify genomic DNA from clinical samples, amplify, electrophoretically separate ..
- Determinants and Correlates of Physical Activity in Breast Cancer SurvivorsSIOBHAN MARIE WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2010There are over 2.4 million breast cancer survivors (BCS) in the U.S. accounting for 22% of all cancer survivors . The 5-year survival rate of 88...
- Chuanshu Huang; Fiscal Year: 2016..ISO) i a new derivative of stilbene, and isolated from a Chinese herb that has been used in China for treatment of BCs for hundreds of years without understanding of molecular mechanisms...
- Jennifer L Maggs; Fiscal Year: 2014..temperamental, cognitive, and family influences on early alcohol use in the MCS and the 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS) with structural equation models;(2) In the BCS and 1958 National Child Development Study (NCDS), examine how ..
- Southern Community Cancer Survivorship StudyAnn Marie Flores; Fiscal Year: 2010..breast cancer specific physical and functional limitations and symptoms among AAs, poor and medically underserved BCS. H1...
- Rural Long-Term Cancer Survivors and Contextual Health-related Quality of LifeLELI PEDRO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore breast cancer survivors (BCS) make up 41% of all cancer survivors yet this group remains poorly understood in the rural setting...
- Family Communication in Coping with Ethnic Minority Breast Cancer SurvivorsJung won Lim; Fiscal Year: 2010How breast cancer survivors (BCS) and their families cope with stress experiences and communicate with each other may influence their quality of life outcomes...
- Robert E Marc; Fiscal Year: 2015..gt;12mos of age will receive (1) subretinal injections of Channelrhodopsin2 (ChR2)-AAV targeting bipolar cells (BCs) or AII amacrine cell (ACs). Analyses will follow those established in Aim 1. Signifi- cance...
- David J McConkey; Fiscal Year: 2016..of urothelial neoplasia, the determination of whether activating mutations and gene amplifications present in BCs drive cancer progression and serve as potential therapeutic targets, the identification of molecular and biological ..
- Brian K Shoichet; Fiscal Year: 2016..In vivo pharmacokinetics. Colloids of several BCS II and IV oral drugs are stable in simulated intestinal fluids...
- Blood Cell-Spheres: Growth, Description, and PotentialAUDREY NADINE JAJOSKY; Fiscal Year: 2013..These advances inspired us to grow "blood cell-spheres" (BCS) using leukemia cells taken from routine patient blood specimens...
- RACHEL O WONG; Fiscal Year: 2015..This information is distributed by retinal bipolar cells (BCs) along many anatomically and functionally distinct channels...
- Mark F Bear; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) Graduate Program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology requests renewal of the training program in the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory (NLM)...
- SUZANNE DANIELA CONZEN; Fiscal Year: 2016..studies with long-term clinical follow-up and examined the association between high GR expression in primary BCs and risk of relapse in over 1300 patients...
- Enabling family communication about cancer - Do you know your Kin Facts?John M Quillin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific aims: 1. Assess the effect of the Kin Fact program on communication about FH of BCs and CCs. We will investigate race/ethnicity and education as effect modifiers. 2...
- Samuel M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2014..the detailed cellular and synaptic mechanisms underlying center and surround responses of retinal bipolar cells (BCs)...
- Maria E Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>BCs that occur in the post-partum period have more aggressive histopathological features, are more likely to ..
- Samuel M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2016..BC types in the three alphaGC circuitries and to identify possible synaptic contacts between rods/cones and BCs and between BCs and alphaGCs;(2) to determine the relative strengths of rod- and cone-mediated inputs to BCs and ..
- Birmingham Science Education Partnership: Middle School Inquiry-Based LearningJ MICHAEL MICHAEL WYSS; Fiscal Year: 2011..The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Birmingham City Schools (BCS)'and McWane Center have forged an effective alliance that has empowered CORD's SEPA-funded high school ..
- Effectiveness Trial of Attention Shaping for SchizophreniaSteven M Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..ASP will be integrated within a standard form of social skills training [UCLA Basic Conversation Skills Module (BCS)], and compared to a BCS-alone condition...
- Integrative Training Progran in VisionEdward H Adelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) has a very broad range of research and teaching in the vision sciences, with particular expertise in visual ..
- METANALYSIS COGNITIVE NEUROIMAGING: METHODS VALIDATIONSPeter Fox; Fiscal Year: 2002..semantics) for the behaviors used and mental operations experimentally mapped, termed the Behavioral Coding Scheme (BCS)...
- CELLULAR DEFECTS IN NOCTURNAL HEMOGLOBINURIARobert Hartmann; Fiscal Year: 1980..The major thrust will concern an extended study of hepatic venous thrombosis (Budd-Chiari syndrome) (BCS) as a frequent, highly lethal complication of PNH...
- Histology-Based Computational Tools for Ultrasonic Differentiation of NeoplasmsTIMOTHY EDWIN DOYLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tissue margin assessments during breast conservation surgery (BCS) are one example...
- Menkes protein:copper transport in the pituitaryTAMI STEVESON; Fiscal Year: 2002..The copper chelators, bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and Disulfiram (Antabuse), will be used to determine if a reduction of copper levels affects the behavior of ..
- Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income WomenRoger Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007ABSTRACT Title: Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income Women Background: There is little information describing the patterns of health care and outcomes in financially needy women with breast cancer in ..
- Matthew F Krummel; Fiscal Year: 2015..However, the molecular natures of individual leukocyte subtypes associated with developing breast cancers (BCs) are inadequately understood...
- NEUROENDOCRINE PACERS, PEPTIDES, RECEPTORS, ANTIBODIESFelix Strumwasser; Fiscal Year: 1991..2) Determining the structure-activity relationships of the neuropeptide egg-laying hormone (ELH), made by the BCs, by using fragments and modifications of synthetic ELH, in conjunction with behavioral egg-laying assays, ..
- NEW HANOVER BREAST CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMDANA QUADE; Fiscal Year: 1990We propose a comprehensive program to increase and improve breast cancer screening (BCS), including annual clinical breast examination and mammography among women ages 50 to 74 in New Hanover County, NC...
- Role of Cellular Lipoprotein in PrPSen>PrPRes ConversionAbraham Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2004..This model is composed of proteinase K (pK) sensitive PrP (PrPSen) and a high molecular weight component of BCS that, in combination with RNA, generates a pK-resistant form of PrP (PrPRes)...
- BIRMINGHAM SCIENCE EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP (BSEP) PHASE IMary Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract): The University of Alabama at Birmingham, McWane Science Center and the Birmingham City Schools (BCS) propose a highly coordinated program to provide high school science teachers and their students with a laboratory-..
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..At these early stages, breast cancer patients can be treated via breast conservation surgery (BCS)...
- Insomnia Intervention for Breast Cancer SurvivorsDana Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..efficacy of non-pharmacological treatment for patients most at need and at risk such as breast cancer survivors (BCS)...
- PHOTON MIGRATION MEASUREMENTS FOR TISSUE DIAGNOSTICSEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 1999..pending), and functional/structural spectroscopic imaging on the basis of tissue optical properties (NSF-BCS- 9358254)...
- Molecular pathogenesis of focal cortical dysplasiasPeter B Crino; Fiscal Year: 2010..similar histological features including cells exhibiting cytomegaly and abnormal morphology called balloon cells (BCs)...
- Comparison of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise in Older Breast Cancer SurvivorsKerri Winters Stone; Fiscal Year: 2009..effects of aerobic exercise and resistance exercise for inactive older (aged 65+) breast cancer survivors (BCS) at least two years post- treatment...
- PREDICTORS OF RELAPSE TO SMOKING IN LUNG CANCERMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Radiation Therapy in Older Breast Cancer PatientsMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2002..are less likely than their urban counterparts to receive radiation therapy (XRT) following conservative surgery (BCS) for stage I-II breast cancer. XRT is recommended by the NIH for these women, but rural elderly women are 1...
- Gis, multilevel modeling and breast cancer screeningMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Few studies focusing on breast cancer screening have taken this approach, which we, and others feel is warranted. ..
- ACYLCOA FORMATION--COVALENT BINDING, PHARMACOKINETICSLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Substrate requirements of the bile acid transporterJAMES POLLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..This systematic and progressive approach will serve as a prototypical method to elucidate the substrate requirements of other solute carrier (SLC) proteins. ..
- Transporter-Enzyme Interplay Evaluation via Microfluidiic HTS Cell Culture DeviceLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Osteoporosis Prevention in Early Stage Breast CancerDawn Hershman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Geography of Amputations Among African AmericansMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Multilevel Model of Breast Cancer Follow-up CareMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- GIS and Breast Cancer Screening in Saint LouisMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..