Gene Symbol: ZCWPW1
Description: zinc finger CW-type and PWWP domain containing 1
Alias: ZCW1, zinc finger CW-type PWWP domain protein 1, zinc finger CW-type and PWWP domain 1, zinc finger, CW-type with PWWP domain 1
- Search for age-related macular degeneration risk variants in Alzheimer disease genes and pathwaysMark W Logue
Department of Medicine Biomedical Genetics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Neurobiol Aging 35:1510.e7-18. 2014..We observed association of both disorders with genes in a region of chromosome 7, including PILRA and ZCWPW1 (peak AMD SNP rs7792525, minor allele frequency [MAF] = 19%, odds ratio [OR] = 1.14, p = 2...
- Connecting the dots: potential of data integration to identify regulatory SNPs in late-onset Alzheimer's disease GWAS findingsSamantha L Rosenthal
Department of Human Genetics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e95152. 2014..evidence of regulatory function (RegulomeDB score <3), and only 3 of them were genome-wide significant SNPs (ZCWPW1/rs1476679, CLU/rs1532278 and ABCA7/rs3764650)...
- Alzheimer's disease risk genes and mechanisms of disease pathogenesisCeleste M Karch
Department of Psychiatry and Hope Center for Neurological Disorders, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri
Biol Psychiatry 77:43-51. 2015..CLU, CR1, DSG2, EPHA1, FERMT2, HLA-DRB5-DBR1, INPP5D, MS4A, MEF2C, NME8, PICALM, PTK2B, SLC24H4-RIN3, SORL1, and ZCWPW1. Emerging technologies to analyze the entire genome in large data sets have also revealed coding variants that ..
- Genome-wide association meta-analysis of neuropathologic features of Alzheimer's disease and related dementiasGary W Beecham
John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, United States of America
PLoS Genet 10:e1004606. 2014..were confirmed in our clinico-pathologic sample: CR1, BIN1, CLU, MS4A6A, PICALM, ABCA7, CD33, PTK2B, SORL1, MEF2C, ZCWPW1, and CASS4 with 9 of these 12 loci showing larger odds ratio in the clinico-pathologic sample...
- Genetics of Alzheimer's diseaseVincent Chouraki
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA, USA
Adv Genet 87:245-94. 2014..PICALM), CD33, EPHA1, MS4A4/MS4A6, ABCA7, CD2AP, SORL1, HLA-DRB5/DRB1, PTK2B, SLC24A4-RIN3, INPP5D, MEF2C, NME8, ZCWPW1, CELF1, FERMT2, CASS4, and TRIP4 and each has small effects on risk of AD (relative risks of 1.1-1.3)...
- Alzheimer disease (AD) specific transcription, DNA methylation and splicing in twenty AD associated lociCrystal Humphries
John P Hussman Institute for Human Genomics, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA Dr John T Macdonald Foundation Department of Human Genetics, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 67:37-45. 2015..Eight loci, prominently ABCA7, contain LOAD specific differences. Significant changes in the CELF1 and ZCWPW1 loci occurred in genes not located nearest the associated variant, suggesting that these genes should be ..
- Alzheimer's Disease Risk Polymorphisms Regulate Gene Expression in the ZCWPW1 and the CELF1 LociCeleste M Karch
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0148717. 2016..We found a significant eQTL between rs1476679 and PILRB and GATS, which occurs within the ZCWPW1 locus. PILRB and GATS expression levels, within the ZCWPW1 locus, were also associated with AD status...
- Family-wide Characterization of Histone Binding Abilities of Human CW Domain-containing ProteinsYanli Liu
From the Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7, Canada, the Hubei Key Laboratory of Genetic Regulation and Integrative Biology, College of Life Science, Central China Normal University, Wuhan 430079, China
J Biol Chem 291:9000-13. 2016..that the CW domains in ZCWPW2 and MORC3/4 selectively recognize histone H3 trimethylated at Lys-4, similar to ZCWPW1 reported previously, while the MORC1/2 and LSD2 lack histone H3 Lys-4 binding ability...
- ZCWPW1 is associated with late-onset Alzheimer's disease in Han Chinese: a replication study and meta-analysesYu Gao
Department of Neurology, Qingdao Municipal Hospital, School of Medicine, Qingdao University, Qingdao, PR China
Oncotarget 7:20305-11. 2016Recently, a large genome-wide association study (GWAS) has identified a novel variant (rs1476679) within ZCWPW1 showing strong association with late-onset Alzheimer's disease (LOAD) in Caucasian...
- Gene-based aggregate SNP associations between candidate AD genes and cognitive declineJasmine Nettiksimmons
Department of Psychiatry, University of San Francisco California, 4150 Clement Street, Box VAMC 116H, San Francisco, CA, 94121, USA
Age (Dordr) 38:41. 2016..HLA cluster (DRB5-DQA), INPP5D, MEF2C, MS4A cluster (MS4A3-MS4A6E), NME8, PICALM, PTK2B, SLC24A4, SORL1, and ZCWPW1 have been associated with Alzheimer's disease (AD) in large meta-analyses...
- Fine-mapping the effects of Alzheimer's disease risk loci on brain morphologyGennady V Roshchupkin
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands Department of Medical Informatics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 48:204-211. 2016..45 × 10-6), right superior frontal gyrus by ZCWPW1 (rs1476679, p = 5.12 × 10-6), and right postcentral gyrus by APOE (p = 6.91 × 10-6)...
- Genetic variants associated with risk of Alzheimer's disease contribute to cognitive change in midlife: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities StudyJan Bressler
Human Genetics Center, School of Public Health, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet . 2016..The ZCWPW1 (rs1476679) and CDS33 (rs3865444) variants were nominally associated with change on the DWRT and WFT in African-..
- The CW domain, a structural module shared amongst vertebrates, vertebrate-infecting parasites and higher plantsJason Perry
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 7 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Trends Biochem Sci 28:576-80. 2003..However, several families contain other domains suggesting a relationship between the CW domain and either chromatin methylation status or early embryonic development...
- Structural insight into the zinc finger CW domain as a histone modification readerFahu He
RIKEN Systems and Structural Biology Center, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Structure 18:1127-39. 2010..determined the NMR solution structure of the zf-CW domain of the human zf-CW and PWWP domain containing protein 1 (ZCWPW1)...