Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZBTB21
Description: zinc finger and BTB domain containing 21
Alias: ZNF295, zinc finger and BTB domain-containing protein 21, zinc finger protein 295
- Site-specific identification of SUMO-2 targets in cells reveals an inverted SUMOylation motif and a hydrophobic cluster SUMOylation motifIvan Matic
Department of Proteomics and Signal Transduction, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried D 82152, Germany
Mol Cell 39:641-52. 2010..In 16 proteins we identified a hydrophobic cluster SUMOylation motif (HCSM). SUMO conjugation of RanGAP1 and ZBTB1 via HCSMs is remarkably efficient...
- Nucleosome-interacting proteins regulated by DNA and histone methylationTill Bartke
The Gurdon Institute, Department of Pathology, Cambridge, UK
Cell 143:470-84. 2010....
- Genetics of hand grip strength in mid to late lifeJessica P L Chan
Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing, Psychiatry, University of New South Wales UNSW, NPI, Euroa Centre, Barker St, Randwick, Sydney, NSW, 2031, Australia
Age (Dordr) 37:9745. 2015..Gene-based analyses in HCS identified two significant genes (ZNF295, C2CD2), but these results were not replicated in Sydney MAS...
- Dosage-dependent over-expression of genes in the trisomic region of Ts1Cje mouse model for Down syndromeKenji Amano
Laboratory for Neurogenetics, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako Shi, Saitama, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 13:1333-40. 2004..and has a segmental trisomy of chromosome 16 orthologous to a segment of human chromosome 21 spanning from Sod1 to Znf295. DNA microarray analyses of six Ts1Cje and six normal littermate (2N) mouse brains at postnatal day 0 with probe ..
- Expression of trisomic proteins in Down syndrome model systemsClaire Spellman
Department of Pediatrics, Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome, Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Center, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, 12700 E 19th Avenue, Mail Stop 8608, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Gene 512:219-25. 2013..Genes for 12 of these proteins are trisomic in the Tc1 mouse model of DS, but only SIM2 and ZNF295 showed elevated expression in Tc1 cortex when compared with controls...
- The complex SNP and CNV genetic architecture of the increased risk of congenital heart defects in Down syndromeM Reza Sailani
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University of Geneva, Geneva 1211, Switzerland
Genome Res 23:1410-21. 2013..05). One of these CNVs maps near the RIPK4 gene, and the second includes the ZBTB21 (previously ZNF295) gene, highlighting the potential role of these genes in the pathogenesis of CHD in DS...
- Evolutionary breakpoints on human chromosome 21M T Davisson
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Genomics 78:99-106. 2001..The mouse chromosome 16/chromosome 17 evolutionary breakpoint is between human genes ZNF295 and UMODL1, showing there are seven genes in the chromosome 16 segment distal to Tmprss2...
- Novel human BTB/POZ domain-containing zinc finger protein ZNF295 is directly associated with ZFP161Jun Wang
Department of Molecular Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 327:615-27. 2005Human ZNF295 protein harbors a BTB/POZ domain and multiple krüppel (C(2)H(2)) type zinc finger domains, and thus belongs to a family of POK (POZ and krüppel) transcription factor...
- Upregulation of beta-catenin expression in down syndrome model Ts65Dn mouse brainN Ramakrishna
Molecular Biology Department, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, 1050 Forest Hill Road, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Neuroscience 161:451-8. 2009..syntenic with Hsa 21 whose expression is affected by the presence of three copies of genes between loci Mrpl39 and Znf295 on mouse chromosome 16 (Mmu 16)...