Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZAR1
Description: zygote arrest 1
Alias: Z3CXXC6, zygote arrest protein 1, oocyte-specific maternal effect factor, zinc finger, 3CxxC-type 6
- Zygote arrest 1 (Zar1) is an evolutionarily conserved gene expressed in vertebrate ovariesXuemei Wu
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 69:861-7. 2003Zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1) is an ovary-specific maternal factor that plays essential roles during the oocyte-to-embryo transition. In mice, the Zar1 mRNA is detected as a 1...
- Zygote arrest 1 (Zar1) is a novel maternal-effect gene critical for the oocyte-to-embryo transitionXuemei Wu
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Genet 33:187-91. 2003..To understand these processes further, we identified genes called zygote arrest 1 (Zar1 and ZAR1 in mouse and human, respectively) as novel oocyte-specific genes...
- Maize ARGOS1 (ZAR1) transgenic alleles increase hybrid maize yieldMei Guo
DuPont Pioneer, 7300 NW 62nd Ave, Johnston, Iowa 50131, USA
J Exp Bot 65:249-60. 2014..This study reports that transgenic over-expression of Zea mays AR GOS1 (ZAR1) enhanced maize organ growth, grain yield, and drought-stress tolerance...
- Insertion of inter-domain linkers improves expression and bioactivity of Zygote arrest (Zar) fusion proteinsJonathan M Cook
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO 80204, USA
Protein Eng Des Sel . 2017..The Zygote arrest proteins, Zar1 and Zar2, are crucial for embryogenesis and have been implicated in binding mRNA and repressing mRNA translation...
- Differences in cytoplasmic maturation between the BCB+ and control porcine oocytes do not justify application of the BCB test for a standard IVM protocolPiotr Pawlak
Department of Genetics and Animal Breeding, Poznan University of Life Sciences, 60 637 Poznan, Poland
J Reprod Dev 60:28-36. 2014..transcript abundance of the BCB+ and the control oocytes in 5 out of 6 analyzed genes (BMP15, GDF9, ATP5A1, EEF1A, ZAR1) and in mtDNA content (pre-IVM 179609 vs. 176595 and post-IVM 187243 vs. 246984, respectively)...
- Evaluation of ZAR1 and SFRP4 methylation status as potentials biomarkers for diagnosis in cervical cancer: exploratory study phase IPriscilla Brebi
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Department of Pathology
Biomarkers 19:181-8. 2014..Aberrant hypermethylation of promoter region of tumor suppressor genes could be used as cancer biomarkers...
- Clinical (non-histological) diagnosis of advanced prostate cancer: Evaluation of treatment outcome after androgen deprivation therapyChris F Heyns
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University and Tygerberg Hospital, Tygerberg, Cape Town, South Africa
S Afr J Surg 52:82-5. 2014..1 v. 26.8 months), documented PSA relapse (70% v. 67.7%), and patients alive at last follow-up (91.1% v. 95.8%). ZAR1 068 200 (US$1 = ZAR8) was saved by treating men with advanced ACP on the basis of a clinical (non-histological) ..
- Identification of frequent differentially methylated region in sporadic bladder cancersRyo Hasegawa
Division of Urology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Urol Int 94:479-84. 2015..levels in the cytosine-phosphate-guanine island (CpGi) region from exon 1 to intron 1 of the zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1) gene have been reported in several types of human cancers, including melanoma, brain tumor, and hepatocellular ..
- Pre- and postovulatory aging of murine oocytes affect the transcript level and poly(A) tail length of maternal effect genesDebora Dankert
Institute of Anatomy, University Hospital Essen, University Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e108907. 2014..preovulatory-aged oocytes was also increased, along with transcript level declines of Trim28, Nlrp2, Nlrp14 and Zar1. In contrast to preovulatory aging, postovulatory aging of in vivo- and in vitro-grown oocytes led to a shortening ..
- Developmental competence and gene expression of immature oocytes following liquid helium vitrification in bovineJun Yi Chen
College of Animal Science and Technology, Henan University of Science and Technology, Luoyang 471003, China Henan Provincial Key Laboratory for Grass Feeding Animal, Henan University of Science and Technology, Luoyang 471003, China
Cryobiology 69:428-33. 2014..Moreover, the expression of GDF9 (growth/differentiation factor-9), BAX (apoptosis factor) and ZAR1 (zygote arrest 1) was analyzed by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) when the vitrified-..
- Altered theca and cumulus oocyte complex gene expression, follicular arrest and reduced fertility in cows with dominant follicle follicular fluid androgen excessAdam F Summers
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e110683. 2014..Furthermore, abundance of ZAR1 was decreased 10-fold in cumulus oocyte complexes from High A4 cows, whereas NLRP5 abundance tended to be 19...
- Early Pregnancy Maternal Blood DNA Methylation in Repeat Pregnancies and Change in Gestational Diabetes Mellitus Status—A Pilot StudyDaniel A Enquobahrie
Center for Perinatal Studies, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Reprod Sci 22:904-10. 2015..to identified hypomethylated (such as NDUFC1, HAPLN3, HHLA3, and RHOG) or hypermethylated sites (such as SEP11, ZAR1, and DDR)...
- The handbook of play therapy and therapeutic playAnya Mendel
a Clinical Psychologist Community Service, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Red Cross War Memorial Children s Hospital, Cape Town
J Child Adolesc Ment Health 21:181-2. 20092009 (Second Edition), Routledge, London 281 pages, 2 tables, 6 figures Paperback, ISBN 978-0-415-43942-8, ZAR1 262.95.
- Effective Oocyte Vitrification and Survival Techniques for Bovine Somatic Cell Nuclear TransferMin Jee Park
1 Mirae Cell Bio Inc, Seoul 143 854, Korea
Cell Reprogram 17:199-210. 2015..05). mRNA levels of maternal genes (ZAR1, BMP15, and NLRP5) and a stress gene (HSF1) were lower in the vitrification groups than in the non-V group (p<0...
- Developmental competence of different quality bovine oocytes retrieved through ovum pick-up following in vitro maturation and fertilizationN Saini
Animal Biotechnology Centre, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal 132001, Haryana, India
Animal 9:1979-85. 2015..interaction (Cx43, Cx37, GDF9 and BMP15), (b) fertilization (ZP2 and ZP3), (c) embryonic development (HSF1, ZAR1 and bFGF) and (d) apoptosis and survival (BAX, BID and BCL-XL, MCL-1, respectively) was studied at two stages: ..
- Promising Loci and Genes for Yolk and Ovary Weight in Chickens Revealed by a Genome-Wide Association StudyCongjiao Sun
National Engineering Laboratory for Animal Breeding and MOA Key Laboratory of Animal Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0137145. 2015..A list of candidate genes such as ZAR1, STARD13, ACER1b, ACSBG2, and DHRS12 were identified for having a plausible function in yolk and follicle ..
- The Decoy Substrate of a Pathogen Effector and a Pseudokinase Specify Pathogen-Induced Modified-Self Recognition and Immunity in PlantsGuoxun Wang
State Key Laboratory of Plant Genomics, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No 1 West Beichen Road, Beijing 100101, China
Cell Host Microbe 18:285-95. 2015..AvrAC recognition also requires the RKS1 pseudokinase of the ZRK family and the NOD-like receptor ZAR1, which is known to recognize the Pseudomonas syringae effector HopZ1a...
- Cyclic AMP Affects Oocyte Maturation and Embryo Development in Prepubertal and Adult CattleSandra Milena Bernal-Ulloa
Institute of Farm Animal Genetics, Biotechnology, Friedrich Loeffler Institut, Mariensee, Germany
PLoS ONE 11:e0150264. 2016..oocytes, mRNA abundance of PRKACA was higher for cAMP30 protocol and no differences were found for PDE3A, SMAD2, ZAR1, PRDX1 and SLC2A8...
- The Arabidopsis Receptor Kinase ZAR1 Is Required for Zygote Asymmetric Division and Its Daughter Cell FateTian Ying Yu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Developmental Biology, National Center for Plant Gene Research Beijing, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS Genet 12:e1005933. 2016..genetic screen for mutations affecting early embryogenesis, we identified an Arabidopsis mutant, zygotic arrest 1 (zar1), in which zygote asymmetric division and the cell fate of its daughter cells were impaired...
- Sexually dimorphic gene expressions in eels: useful markers for early sex assessment in a conservation contextBenjamin Geffroy
INRA, UR1037 LPGP, Fish Physiology and Genomics, Campus de Beaulieu, 35000 Rennes, France
Sci Rep 6:34041. 2016..testis-specific expressions of dmrt1, amh, gsdf and pre-miR202 and ovary-specific expressions were obtained for zar1, zp3 and foxn5...
- Translation repression by maternal RNA binding protein Zar1 is essential for early oogenesis in zebrafishLiyun Miao
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Developmental Biology, Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Development 144:128-138. 2017..In this study, we generated zebrafish zar1 mutants that result in early oocyte apoptosis and fully penetrant male development...
- Zygote arrest 1 gene in pig, cattle and human: evidence of different transcript variants in male and female germ cellsSvetlana Uzbekova
UMR 6175 Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, Haras Nationaux, 37380 Nouzilly, France
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:12. 2006Zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1) is one of the few known oocyte-specific maternal-effect genes essential for the beginning of embryo development discovered in mice...
- The beneficial effects of antifreeze proteins in the vitrification of immature mouse oocytesJun Woo Jo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, Korea
PLoS ONE 7:e37043. 2012..The AFP group showed increased Mad2, Hook-1, Zar1, Zp1, and Bcl2 expression and lower Eg5, Zp2, Caspase6, and Rbm3 expression compared with the untreated group...
- The Arabidopsis ZED1 pseudokinase is required for ZAR1-mediated immunity induced by the Pseudomonas syringae type III effector HopZ1aJennifer D Lewis
Department of Cell and Systems Biology and Centre for the Analysis of Genome Evolution and Function, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3B2
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:18722-7. 2013..ETI) when recognized in Arabidopsis thaliana by the nucleotide-binding leucine-rich repeat (NB-LRR) protein ZAR1. However, recognition of HopZ1a does not require any known ETI-related genes...
- Zar1 represses translation in Xenopus oocytes and binds to the TCS in maternal mRNAs with different characteristics than Zar2Tomomi M Yamamoto
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1829:1034-46. 2013Maternal mRNAs are translationally regulated during early development. Zar1 and its closely related homolog, Zar2, are both crucial in early development...
- Non-promoter DNA hypermethylation of Zygote Arrest 1 (ZAR1) in neuroblastomasKiminobu Sugito
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 48:782-8. 2013..melanomas and brain tumors has led to the identification of non-promoter hypermethylation of zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1)...
- Effect of physiologically relevant heat shock on development, apoptosis and expression of some genes in buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) embryos produced in vitroA Yadav
Embryo Biotechnology Lab, Animal Biotechnology Centre
Reprod Domest Anim 48:858-65. 2013..05) in Group III than that in controls, whereas that of GLUT1, ZAR1 and BMP15 was not significantly different among the three groups...
- Impact of gonadotropin supplementation on the expression of germ cell marker genes (MATER, ZAR1, GDF9, and BMP15) during in vitro maturation of buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) oocyteAmar Nath
Division of Physiology and Climatology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, 243122, India
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 49:34-41. 2013..the transcript abundance of germ cell marker genes [maternal antigen that embryos require (MATER), Zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1), growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9), and bone morphogenetic protein 15 (BMP15)] mRNA in buffalo (Bubalus ..
- 269 relative transcript abundance of eight marker genes in oocytes of prepubertal and cyclic giltsP Pawlak
Poznan University of Life Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Reprod Fertil Dev 25:282. 2012..transcription and real-time PCR using fluorescence resonance energy transfer probes for 8 genes (BMP15, GDF9, ZAR1, ATP5A1, EEF1A1, GSTA2, TOP2B, SMARCA4)...
- Estrus synchronization and ovarian hyper-stimulation treatments have negligible effects on cumulus oocyte complex gene expression whereas induction of ovulation causes major expression changesCansu Agca
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 80:102-17. 2013..Foxl2, Pde3a, Esr2, Fshr, Ybx2, Ccnd2, Ccnb1ip1, and Zp3); maternal effect genes required for embryo development (Zar1, Npm2, Nlrp5, Dnmt1, H1foo, and Zfp57); amino acid degradation; and ketogenesis (Hmgcs2, and Cpt1b)...
- DNA methylation and mRNA expression profiles in bovine oocytes derived from prepubertal and adult donorsMike Diederich
Institute of Farm Animal Genetics, 31535 Mariensee, Neustadt, Germany
Reproduction 144:319-30. 2012..Here, we analyzed DNA methylation in three developmentally important, nonimprinted genes (SLC2A1, PRDX1, ZAR1) and two satellite sequences, i.e. 'bovine testis satellite I' (BTS) and 'Bos taurus alpha satellite I' (BTαS)...
- Expression pattern of zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1), maternal antigen that embryo requires (MATER), growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9) and bone morphogenetic protein 15 (BMP15) genes in ovine oocytes and in vitro-produced preimplantation embryosDaniela Bebbere
Department of Animal Biology, University of Sassari, Vienna, Sassari, Italy
Reprod Fertil Dev 20:908-15. 2008The expression patterns of four maternal effect genes (MEG), namely zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1), maternal antigen that embryo requires (MATER), growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9) and bone morphogenetic protein 15 (BMP15), were determined ..
- Messenger RNA expression patterns of histone-associated genes in bovine preimplantation embryos derived from different originsMonika Nowak-Imialek
Department of Biotechnology, Institute for Animal Breeding FAL, Mariensee, Neustadt, Germany
Mol Reprod Dev 75:731-43. 2008..formation [heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1)]; and chromatin-mediated transcription regulation [zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1)]. With the exception of ZAR1, these mRNAs were present throughout preimplantation development...
- Search for the genes involved in oocyte maturation and early embryo development in the henSebastien Elis
Physiologie de Reproduction et des Comportements, UMR 6175 INRA CNRS Université F, Rabelais de Tours, Haras Nationaux, 37380 Nouzilly, France
BMC Genomics 9:110. 2008....
- Cis-acting elements (E-box and NBE) in the promoter region of three maternal genes (Histone H1oo, Nucleoplasmin 2, and Zygote Arrest 1) are required for oocyte-specific gene expression in the mouseKazunobu Tsunemoto
Department of Genetic Engineering, Kinki University, Kinokawa, Wakayama, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 75:1104-8. 2008We examined the promoter activities of three mouse maternal genes (H1oo, Npm2, and Zar1) in oocytes and pre-implantation embryos, and examined the promoters for cis-acting elements of 5'-flanking region to obtain the best promoter for ..
- A putative protein structurally related to zygote arrest 1 (Zar1), Zar1-like, is encoded by a novel gene conserved in the vertebrate lineageLorenzo Sangiorgio
Department of Animal Pathology, Hygiene and Public Veterinary Health, Section of Biochemistry and Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Milan, Via Celoria 10, 20133 Milan, Italy
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 150:233-9. 2008..and characterization of a bovine cDNA and the corresponding gene coding for a novel protein structurally related to Zar1, therefore called Zar1-like, are here reported for the first time...
- In silico identification and molecular characterization of genes predominantly expressed in the fish oocyteJulien Bobe
INRA, UR1337, IFR140, Ouest genopole, Campus de Beaulieu, F 35000 Rennes, France
BMC Genomics 9:499. 2008..In teleost species, very little is known about "oocyte-specific" genes. The present study therefore aimed at identifying and characterizing oocyte-specific genes in fish...
- Cell cycle-dependent regulation of the bi-directional overlapping promoter of human BRCA2/ZAR2 genes in breast cancer cellsSmita Misra
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Mol Cancer 9:50. 2010..cells, we discovered that this promoter has bi-directional activity and the product of the reverse activity (a ZAR1-like protein, we named ZAR2) silences the forward promoter at the G0/G1 phase of the cell...
- Differential regulation of abundance and deadenylation of maternal transcripts during bovine oocyte maturation in vitro and in vivoAurore Thelie
INRA, UMR85 Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, F 37380 Nouzilly, France
BMC Dev Biol 7:125. 2007..We have investigated how post transcriptional control of maternal transcripts was affected during in vitro and in vivo maturation, as a model of differential developmental competence...
- Oocyte-specific genes affect folliculogenesis, fertilization, and early developmentPing Zheng
Laboratory of Cellular and Developmental Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Semin Reprod Med 25:243-51. 2007..g., ZP1, ZP2, ZP3), and preimplantation embryonic development (e.g., NPM2, ZAR1, NALP5, DPPA3)...
- Distinct sets of developmentally regulated genes that are expressed by human oocytes and human embryonic stem cellsPu Zhang
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge, Sweden
Fertil Steril 87:677-90. 2007..To identify genes that are expressed differently during final oocyte maturation and early embryonic development in humans...
- Developmental competence of human in vitro aged oocytes as host cells for nuclear transferV J Hall
Centre for Stem Cell Biology and Developmental Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Hum Reprod 22:52-62. 2007..Improving human nuclear transfer (NT) efficiencies is paramount for the development of patient-specific stem cell lines, although the opportunities remain limited owing to difficulties in obtaining fresh mature oocytes...
- Expression pattern of the maternal factor zygote arrest 1 (Zar1) in bovine tissues, oocytes, and embryosTiziana A L Brevini
Department of Anatomy of Domestic Animals, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Mol Reprod Dev 69:375-80. 2004Zygote arrest 1 (Zar1) is an ovary-specific maternal factor that plays an essential role during the oocyte-to-embryo transition in mouse...
- Spatio-temporal expression of the germ cell marker genes MATER, ZAR1, GDF9, BMP15,andVASA in adult bovine tissues, oocytes, and preimplantation embryosSophie Pennetier
Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, UMR 6175 Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université François Rabelais de Tours Haras Nationaux, F 37380 Nouzilly, France
Biol Reprod 71:1359-66. 2004..have analyzed the spatiotemporal expression of MATER, along with other potential markers of germ cells or oocytes: ZAR1 (zygotic arrest 1), GDF9 (growth and differentiation factor 9), BMP15 (bone morphogenetic protein 15), and VASA...
- Epigenetic modifications and related mRNA expression during bovine oocyte in vitro maturationS E Racedo
Institute of Farm Animal Genetics FLI, Department of Biotechnology, Mariensee, 31535 Neustadt, Germany
Reprod Fertil Dev 21:738-48. 2009..the somatic isoform of DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1), DNA methyltransferase 3b (DNMT3b) and zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1) was determined by RT-PCR...
- Developmental competence and expression of the MATER and ZAR1 genes in immature bovine oocytes selected by brilliant cresyl blueGustavo Bruno Mota
Departamento de Zootecnia, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, 36571 000, Brazil
Zygote 18:209-16. 2010..the selection of immature bovine oocytes by brilliant cresyl blue dye (BCB) and expression of transcripts MATER and ZAR1. Cumulus-oocyte complexes (COCs) from slaughterhouse ovaries were exposed to BCB diluted in mDPBS and incubated for ..
- Mouse ZAR1-like (XM_359149) colocalizes with mRNA processing components and its dominant-negative mutant caused two-cell-stage embryonic arrestJianjun Hu
The Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Dev Dyn 239:407-24. 2010..However, the mechanisms that mediate these functions are largely unknown. Here we identified XM_359149, a Zar1-like gene that is predominantly expressed in oocytes and zygotes, which we designated Zar1-like (Zar1l)...
- Expression of chicken zygote arrest 1 (Zar1) and Zar1-like genes during sexual maturation and embryogenesisGeorgios Michailidis
Laboratory of Physiology of Reproduction of Farm Animals, Department of Animal Production, School of Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, 54124, Greece
Vet Res Commun 34:173-84. 2010..Zygote arrest 1 (Zar1) is an oocyte-specific maternal-effect gene that functions at the oocyte-to-embryo transition in many vertebrate ..
- Embryonic development and gene expression in oocytes cultured in vitro in supplemented pre-maturation and maturation mediaP R Adona
Departamento de Ciencias Basicas, Faculdade de Zootecnia e Engenharia de Alimentos, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Pirassununga, SP, Brazil
Reprod Domest Anim 46:e31-8. 2011..05). Transcripts analysis showed that most genes (NLRP5, ZAR1, GPX1, KEAP1, SPHK2, HSP70 and PSMP1) were downregulated (p<0...
- Allele-specific virulence attenuation of the Pseudomonas syringae HopZ1a type III effector via the Arabidopsis ZAR1 resistance proteinJennifer D Lewis
Department of Cell and Systems Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Genet 6:e1000894. 2010..This reverse genetic screen revealed that the Arabidopsis R protein HOPZ-activated resistance 1 (ZAR1; At3g50950) is required for recognition of HopZ1a in Arabidopsis...
- 187 differential expressions of growth and differentiation factor 9 and bone morphogenetic protein 15 genes in ovaries of the calf and cowM Hosoe
National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:195. 2011..in the collected cumulus and mural granulosa cells by determining the mRNA expression of germ cell-oocyte markers (ZAR1 and VASA)...
- Non-promoter hypermethylation of zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1) in human brain tumorsTakao Watanabe
Department of Neurological Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Oyaguchi Kamimachi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Brain Tumor Pathol 28:199-202. 2011Zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1) is a novel maternal-effect gene of crucial importance during the oocyte-to-embryo transition...
- Aberrant hypermethylation of non-promoter zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1) in human brain tumorsTakao Watanabe
Department of Neurological Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:1062-9. 2010Zygote arrest 1 (ZAR1) is a novel maternal-effect gene which is extremely important during the oocyte-to-embryo transition...
- Identification and analysis of an early diagnostic marker for malignant melanoma: ZAR1 intra-genic differential methylationYui Shinojima
Division of Cutaneous Science, Department of Dermatology, Nihon University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 59:98-106. 2010..Epigenetic changes such as aberrant DNA methylation and histone modification have been shown to play an important role in the tumorigenesis of malignant melanoma...
- Expression of maternal transcripts during bovine oocyte in vitro maturation is affected by donor ageR Romar
Faculty of Veterinary Science, Department of Physiology, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Reprod Domest Anim 46:e23-30. 2011..Genes were selected based on their known maternal effect in mouse (ZAR1, STELLA, HSF1, MATER/NLRP5 and its paralogue NLRP9), or their identification as markers of oocyte maturation, ..
- POSTDOCTORAL MASTER IN CLINICAL RESEARCHESTELA ESTAPE; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. Develop and prioritize goals and objectives for the curriculum, including 1 ZAR1-JRL-C(M2) 3 1R21 AR48043-01 April 25, 2001 Estape, Estella knowledge and skills objectives for trainees, and ..