Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: XRCC3
Description: X-ray repair cross complementing 3
Alias: CMM6, DNA repair protein XRCC3, X-ray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 3, X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 3
Publications193 found, 100 shown here
- Xrcc3 induces cisplatin resistance by stimulation of Rad51-related recombinational repair, S-phase checkpoint activation, and reduced apoptosisZhi Yuan Xu
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, 3755 Cote Ste Catherine Road, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1E2
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 314:495-505. 2005..We investigated the possible role of the Rad51-paralog protein Xrcc3 in drug resistance...
- Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and risk of lung cancerD Butkiewicz
Department of Tumor Biology, Centre of Oncology, M Sklodowska Curie Memorial Institute, 44 101 Gliwice, Poland
Carcinogenesis 22:593-7. 2001..The frequencies of several amino acid substitutions in XRCC1 (Arg194Trp, Arg280His and Arg399Gln), XRCC3 (Thr241Met), XPD (Ile199Met, His201Tyr, Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln) and XPF (Pro379Ser) genes were studied in 96 non-..
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair gene XRCC3 Thr241Met and risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese populationHongbing Shen
Department of Epidemiology and Statistics, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Cancer Lett 206:51-8. 2004..case-control study in China, we tested the hypothesis that a C to T variant (Thr241Met) of DNA repair gene XRCC3 (X-ray repair cross-complementing group 3) is associated with risk of developing gastric cancer...
- A field synopsis on low-penetrance variants in DNA repair genes and cancer susceptibilityPaolo Vineis
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College, London, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:24-36. 2009..Although efforts have been made to create synopses for specific fields that summarize the data from genetic association studies, such an overview is not available for genes involved in DNA repair...
- XRCC3 polymorphisms and risk of lung cancerNicklas R Jacobsen
National Institute of Occupational Health, Lersø Parkallé 105, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Lett 213:67-72. 2004..have investigated the occurrence of lung cancer in relation to polymorphisms in the double strand DNA repair gene XRCC3. Among 54,220 members of a Danish prospective cohort study aged 50-65 at entry, 265 lung cancer cases were ..
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFIRI chemotherapyA Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
Pharmacogenomics J 8:278-88. 2008..TS 3'-UTR 6+/6+ and XRCC3-241 C/C genotypes were associated with adverse PFS. Hazard ratio for PFS achieved 2.89 (95% confidence interval=1...
- DNA repair gene XRCC3 polymorphisms and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 48 case-control studiesShizhong Han
State Key Lab of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Hum Genet 14:1136-44. 2006The X-ray repair cross-complementing group 3 (XRCC3) is a highly suspected candidate gene for cancer susceptibility...
- Polymorphisms in genes of nucleotide and base excision repair: risk and prognosis of colorectal cancerVictor Moreno
Institut d Investigacio Biomedica de Bellvitge, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospitalet, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 12:2101-8. 2006..We have undertaken a comprehensive study of common polymorphisms in genes of DNA repair, exploring both the risk of developing colorectal cancer and the prognosis of patients...
- Tetratricopeptide-motif-mediated interaction of FANCG with recombination proteins XRCC3 and BRCA2Shobbir Hussain
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, King s College London School of Medicine at Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK
DNA Repair (Amst) 5:629-40. 2006..We therefore tested known FA proteins for direct interaction with RAD51 and its paralogs XRCC2 and XRCC3. FANCG was found to interact with XRCC3, and this interaction was disrupted by the FA-G patient derived mutation ..
- Variants in DNA double-strand break repair genes and breast cancer susceptibilityBettina Kuschel
Cancer Research UK Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Hum Mol Genet 11:1399-407. 2002..study analysing polymorphisms in genes involved in homologous recombination (NBS1, RAD52, RAD51, XRCC2 and XRCC3) and non-homologous end-joining (KU70/80 and LIG4)...
- Polymorphisms of XRCC1 and XRCC3 genes and susceptibility to breast cancerTasha R Smith
Department of Cancer Biology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Cancer Lett 190:183-90. 2003..between three amino acid substitution variants of DNA repair genes (XRCC1 Arg194Trp, XRCC1 Arg399Gln, and XRCC3 Thr241Met) and breast cancer susceptibility...
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair and metabolic genes in bladder cancerSomali Sanyal
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, S 14157 Huddinge, Sweden
Carcinogenesis 25:729-34. 2004..group C (XPC), group D (XPD) and group G (XPG), X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and group 3 (XRCC3), Nijmegen breakage syndrome 1 (NBS1), cyclin D1, methylene-tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), NAD(P)H ..
- Polymorphism in DNA repair genes and oral squamous cell carcinoma in ThailandSuparp Kietthubthew
Department of Stomatology, Faculty of Dentistry, Prince of Songkla University, Hatyai, Songkhla 90110, Thailand
Int J Hyg Environ Health 209:21-9. 2006..polymorphisms (SNPs) in five common DNA repair genes were investigated: XRCC1 (Arg194Trp and Arg399Gln); XRCC3 (Thr241Met); XPC (PAT and Lys939Gln); XPD (exon 6, and Lys751Gln); and MGMT (Trp65Cys and Leu84Phe)...
- The XRCC2 and XRCC3 repair genes are required for chromosome stability in mammalian cellsX Cui
Los Alamos National Laboratory, Life Sciences Division, NM 87545, USA
Mutat Res 434:75-88. 1999The irs1 and irs1SF hamster cell lines are mutated for the XRCC2 and XRCC3 genes, respectively. Both show heightened sensitivity to ionizing radiation and particularly to the DNA cross-linking chemical mitomycin C (MMC)...
- A variant within the DNA repair gene XRCC3 is associated with the development of melanoma skin cancerS L Winsey
Department of Dermatology, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 60:5612-6. 2000..We found the presence of a T allele in exon 7 (position 18067) of the XRCC3 gene was significantly associated with melanoma development (P = 0.004; odds ratio, 2.36; relative risk, 1.74)...
- DNA repair gene polymorphisms, bulky DNA adducts in white blood cells and bladder cancer in a case-control studyG Matullo
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Universita di Torino, Turin, Italy
Int J Cancer 92:562-7. 2001..non-urological), 3 DNA polymorphisms localized in 3 genes of different repair pathways (XRCC1-Arg399Gln, exon 10; XRCC3-Thr241Met, exon 7; XPD-Lys751Gln, exon 23) have been analyzed...
- Homologous-pairing activity of the human DNA-repair proteins Xrcc3.Rad51CH Kurumizaka
Genomic Sciences Center, RIKEN, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:5538-43. 2001The human Xrcc3 protein is involved in the repair of damaged DNA through homologous recombination, in which homologous pairing is a key step...
- Complex formation by the human RAD51C and XRCC3 recombination repair proteinsJ Y Masson
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Hertfordshire EN6 3LD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:8440-6. 2001..Five paralogs of RAD51, known as RAD51B, RAD51C, RAD51D, XRCC2, and XRCC3, have been identified and also shown to be required for recombination and genome stability...
- XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD gene polymorphisms, smoking and (32)P-DNA adducts in a sample of healthy subjectsG Matullo
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Universita di Torino, 10126, Torino, ISI Foundation, Institute for Scientific Interchange, Villa Gualino, 10133, Torino, Italy
Carcinogenesis 22:1437-45. 2001..by (32)P-DNA adduct levels, and three genetic polymorphisms in different repair genes: XRCC1-Arg399Gln (exon 10), XRCC3-Thr241Met (exon 7) and XPD-Lys751Gln (exon 23)...
- The genotype distribution of the XRCC1 gene indicates a role for base excision repair in the development of therapy-related acute myeloblastic leukemiaClaire Seedhouse
Division of Haematology, School of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Nottingham, and Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Blood 100:3761-6. 2002..We studied polymorphisms in 3 DNA repair genes: XRCC1, XRCC3, and XPD...
- XRCC3 genetic polymorphism, smoking, and lung carcinoma risk in minority populationsYunfei Wang
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 98:1701-6. 2003The XRCC3 protein participates in DNA double-strand breaks and recombinational repair. A single C-to-T nucleotide change at codon 241 (Thr241Met) has been identified in the XRCC3 gene...
- Domain mapping of the Rad51 paralog protein complexesKristi A Miller
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, L 448, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:169-78. 2004..proteins have been found to form two distinct complexes in vivo, Rad51B-Rad51C-Rad51D-Xrcc2 (BCDX2) and Rad51C-Xrcc3 (CX3)...
- Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and possible links with DNA repair rates, chromosomal aberrations and single-strand breaks in DNAPavel Vodicka
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 14200 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Carcinogenesis 25:757-63. 2004..K751Q), XPG (exon 15 G --> C, D1104H), XPC (exon 15 A --> C, K939Q), XRCC1 (exon 10 G --> A, R399Q) and XRCC3 (exon 7 C --> T, T241 M) and the levels of chromosomal aberrations (CAs) and single-strand breaks (SSBs) in ..
- Polymorphisms in DNA double-strand break repair genes and skin cancer riskJiali Han
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 64:3009-13. 2004..We selected 11 haplotype-tagging single nucleotide polymorphisms in three DSB repair genes XRCC2, XRCC3, and LigaseIV and evaluated their associations with skin cancer risk in a nested case-control study within the ..
- XRCC2 and XRCC3 polymorphisms are not associated with risk of colorectal adenomaGregory J Tranah
Department of Epidemiology, and Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:1090-1. 2004
- Human Rad51C deficiency destabilizes XRCC3, impairs recombination, and radiosensitizes S/G2-phase cellsYi Ching Lio
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Biol Chem 279:42313-20. 2004..In vertebrates, five Rad51 paralogs (Rad51B, Rad51C, Rad51D, XRCC2, and XRCC3) are expressed in mitotically growing cells and are thought to play mediating roles in homologous recombination, ..
- Specific combinations of DNA repair gene variants and increased risk for non-small cell lung cancerOdilia Popanda
Division of Toxicology and Cancer Risk Factors, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 25:2433-41. 2004..lung cancer risk including XPA (-4G/A), XPD (Lys751Gln and Asp312Asn), XRCC1 (Arg399Gln), APE1 (Asp148Glu) and XRCC3 (Thr241Met)...
- Influence of genetic polymorphisms on biomarkers of exposure and genotoxic effects in styrene-exposed workersLode Godderis
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Laboratorium Voor Arbeidshygiëne en Toxicologie, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Environ Mol Mutagen 44:293-303. 2004..In the whole group of 88 individuals, higher frequencies of MNMC were found in individuals possessing the XRCC3 Met(241) allele and those individuals with the XRCC1 Gln( (399) ) allele showed higher frequencies of MNMC and ..
- Double-strand break repair gene polymorphisms and risk of breast or ovarian cancerPenelope M Webb
Population and Clinical Sciences Division, Queensland Institute of Medical Research and University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:319-23. 2005..break repair gene polymorphisms RAD51 5' untranslated region -135 G > C, XRCC2 R188H G > A, and XRCC3 T241M C > T were associated with risk of breast or ovarian cancer in Australian women...
- Basal cell carcinoma and variants in genes coding for immune response, DNA repair, folate and iron metabolismFabiola Festa
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Mutat Res 574:105-11. 2005..IL-1beta-511C/T; NBS1 exon 5 Glu185Gln; XPC exon 15 Lys939Gln; XPD exon 23 Lys751Gln; XRCC1 exon 10 Arg399Gln; XRCC3 exon 7 Thr241Met; cyclin D1 exon 4 G870A; MTHFR exon 4 Ala222Val and exon 7 Glu429Ala; HFE exon 4 C282Y were ..
- Radiation-induced damage to normal tissues after radiotherapy in patients treated for gynecologic tumors: association with single nucleotide polymorphisms in XRCC1, XRCC3, and OGG1 genes and in vitro chromosomal radiosensitivity in lymphocytesKim De Ruyck
Department of Anatomy, Embryology, Histology and Medical Physics, Ghent University, Proeftuinstraat 86, Gent B 9000, Belgium
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 62:1140-9. 2005To examine the association of polymorphisms in XRCC1 (194Arg/Trp, 280Arg/His, 399Arg/Gln, 632Gln/Gln), XRCC3 (5' UTR 4.541A>G, IVS5-14 17...
- Genetic polymorphisms and the effect of cigarette smoking in the comet assayHeike Hoffmann
Universitatsklinikum Ulm, Abteilung Humangenetik, D 89070 Ulm, Germany
Mutagenesis 20:359-64. 2005..a subgroup of 32 nonsmokers and 31 smokers we also studied polymorphisms in XPD (Lys751Gln), XRCC1 (Arg399Gln) and XRCC3 (Thr241Val) because they are part of DNA repair pathways involved in the repair of tobacco-related DNA damage...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of non-small cell lung cancerShanbeh Zienolddiny
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 27:560-7. 2006..APE1/APEX, OGG1, MPG, XRCC1, PCNA, POLB, POLiota, LIG3 and EXO1; double-strand break repair (DSB-R) genes XRCC2, XRCC3, XRCC9, NBS1 and ATR; and direct damage reversal (DR) gene MGMT/AGT...
- DNA repair polymorphisms and cancer risk in non-smokers in a cohort studyG Matullo
ISI Foundation and Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Carcinogenesis 27:997-1007. 2006..20, 95% confidence intervals (CI) = 1.16-4.17] and XRCC3-241 Met/Met homozygotes (OR = 0.51, 95% CI = 0.27-0.96) and leukaemia...
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes modulate survival in cisplatin/gemcitabine-treated non-small-cell lung cancer patientsR de Las Peñas
Hospital Provincial de Castellón, Castellon, Spain
Ann Oncol 17:668-75. 2006..the association of survival with genetic polymorphisms in X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 and group 3 (XRCC3), xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD), excision repair cross-complementing group 1, ligase IV, ribonucleotide ..
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XRCC1 and XRCC3, interaction with environmental exposure and risk of chronic gastritis and gastric cancerMárcia Cristina Duarte
Departamento de Biologia, UNESP, Sao Paulo State University, Sãao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 11:6593-600. 2005To evaluate the association between polymorphisms XRCC1 Arg194Trp and Arg399Gln and XRCC3 Thr241Met and the risk for chronic gastritis and gastric cancer, in a Southeastern Brazilian population.
- DNA repair gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to familial breast cancer in a group of patients from Campinas, BrazilRozany Mucha Dufloth
Centro de Atenção Integral à Saúde da Mulher CAISM, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 4:771-82. 2005..Polymorphisms have been identified in several DNA repair genes, such as XRCC1, XPD, XRCC3, and RAD51, but the influence of specific genetic variants on repair phenotype and cancer risk has not yet been ..
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and basal cell carcinoma of skinRanjit Kumar Thirumaran
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Carcinogenesis 27:1676-81. 2006..The variant allele for T241M (C>T) polymorphism in the XRCC3 gene was associated with a decreased cancer risk [odds ratio (OR), 0.73; 95% confidence interval (CI), 0.61-0...
- Polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes XRCC1, APEX1, XRCC3 and NBS1, and the risk for lung cancer in never- and ever-smokersCharlotta Ryk
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, S 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Lung Cancer 54:285-92. 2006..base excision repair (BER) genes, XRCC1 and APEX1 and two genes involved in homologous recombination repair (HR), XRCC3 and NBS1...
- Role of RAD51C and XRCC3 in genetic recombination and DNA repairYilun Liu
Clare Hall Laboratories, London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK, South Mimms, Hertfordshire EN6 3LD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 282:1973-9. 2007..Five proteins (RAD51B, RAD51C, RAD51D, XRCC2, and XRCC3) that share homology with RAD51 recombinase and are known as the RAD51 paralogs are important for recombinational ..
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and therapeutic outcomes of AML patients from SWOG clinical trialsNataliya Kuptsova
Department of Cancer Prevention and Control, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Blood 109:3936-44. 2007..We evaluated the role of polymorphisms in DNA repair genes APE1, XRCC1, ERCC1, XPD, and XRCC3 in predicting therapeutic outcomes of older adults with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) from 2 Southwest Oncology ..
- XRCC3 depletion induces spontaneous DNA breaks and p53-dependent cell deathMartin Loignon
Oncology Department, MCETC, and Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research of the Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell Cycle 6:606-11. 2007In vertebrate cells, Xrcc3 initiates the repair of exogenous induced-DNA breaks during S and G(2)/M phases of the cell cycle by homologous recombination...
- Polymorphisms in XPC, XPD, XRCC1, and XRCC3 DNA repair genes and lung cancer risk in a population of northern SpainM Felicitas López-Cima
Departamento de Medicina, Facultad de Medicina, Unidad de Epidemiología Molecular del Instituto Universitario de Oncología, Universidad de Oviedo, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
BMC Cancer 7:162. 2007..between polymorphisms in two NER genes, XPC (poly (AT) insertion/deletion: PAT-/+) and XPD (Asp312Asn and Lys751Gln), the BER gene XRCC1 (Arg399Gln), and the DSBR gene XRCC3 (Thr241Met) and the risk of developing lung cancer.
- MC1R variants associated susceptibility to basal cell carcinoma of skin: interaction with host factors and XRCC3 polymorphismDominique Scherer
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 122:1787-93. 2008..interaction of risk due to the MC1R variants and the common allele (high risk) of the T241M polymorphism in the XRCC3 gene. Our data confirmed the status of the nonsynonymous MC1R variants as independent genetic risk factors for BCC...
- Association between single-nucleotide polymorphisms in hormone metabolism and DNA repair genes and epithelial ovarian cancer: results from two Australian studies and an additional validation setJonathan Beesley
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2557-65. 2007..in genes involved in steroid hormone synthesis (SRD5A2, CYP19A1, HSB17B1, and HSD17B4) and DNA repair (XRCC2, XRCC3, BRCA2, and RAD52) using two Australian ovarian cancer case-control studies, comprising a total of 1,466 cases and ..
- Combinational polymorphisms of four DNA repair genes XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, and XRCC4 and their association with oral cancer in TaiwanChing Yu Yen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, and School of Dentistry, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Oral Pathol Med 37:271-7. 2008..In this study, we focused on the joint effect for SNP combinations of four DNA repair genes, X-ray repair cross-complementing groups (XRCCs) 1-4, involved in major cancer-related pathways...
- Efficiency of the DNA repair and polymorphisms of the XRCC1, XRCC3 and XRCC4 DNA repair genes in systemic lupus erythematosusCl Bassi
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo FMRP USP, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Lupus 17:988-95. 2008..in repairing DNA damage induced by ionizing radiation and (b) the association of DNA repair gene (XRCC1 Arg399Gln, XRCC3 Thr241Met and XRCC4 Ile401Thr) polymorphisms in SLE patients, considering the whole group, or stratified sub-..
- Polymorphisms of the DNA repair genes XRCC1 and XRCC3 and risk of lung and colorectal cancer: a case-control study in a Southern Italian populationGiuseppina Improta
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico Regionale della Basilicata, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rionero in Vulture, Potenza, Italy
Anticancer Res 28:2941-6. 2008..study was designed to examine the polymorphisms associated with two DNA repair genes, namely XRCC1 Arg194Trp, XRCC1 Arg399Gln and XRCC3 Thr241Met, and to investigate their role as susceptibility markers for lung and colorectal cancer.
- Validating genetic risk associations for ovarian cancer through the international Ovarian Cancer Association ConsortiumC L Pearce
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Br J Cancer 100:412-20. 2009..CYP3A4 encodes a key enzyme in oestrogen metabolism and our finding between rs2740574 and risk of ovarian cancer suggests that this pathway may be involved in ovarian carcinogenesis. Additional follow-up is warranted...
- Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair genes as modulators of Hodgkin disease riskRanda El-Zein
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 1439, USA
Cancer 115:1651-9. 2009..However, to the authors' knowledge, few studies to date have investigated the role of such polymorphisms as risk factors for development of HD...
- Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair and damage response genes and late normal tissue complications of radiotherapy for breast cancerJ Chang-Claude
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Cancer 100:1680-6. 2009..Polymorphisms in genes involved in DNA repair (APEX1, XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, XPD) and damage response (TP53, P21) were determined...
- Polymorphism of the homologous recombination repair genes RAD51 and XRCC3 in breast cancerRenata Krupa
Laboratory of DNA Repair, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Exp Mol Pathol 87:32-5. 2009The RAD51 protein and its paralog, XRCC3, play an important role in the repair of DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) by homologous recombination...
- A meta-analysis on XRCC1 and XRCC3 polymorphisms and colorectal cancer riskZheng Jiang
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cancer Hospital, Fudan University, 270 Dong An Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Int J Colorectal Dis 25:169-80. 2010Studies on polymorphism of X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1), group 3 (XRCC3), and colorectal cancer risk are inconclusive...
- XRCC3 5'-UTR and IVS5-14 polymorphisms and breast cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysisLi Xin Qiu
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 122:489-93. 2010Published data on the association between XRCC3 5'-UTR and IVS5-14 polymorphisms and breast cancer risk are inconclusive. In order to derive a more precise estimation of the relationship, a meta-analysis was performed...
- Predictive effects of ERCC1 and XRCC3 SNP on efficacy of platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced NSCLC patientsCaicun Zhou
Medical Oncology Department, Tongji University Affiliated Shanghai Pulmonary Hospital and Tongji University Medical School Cancer Institute, No 507, Zhengmin Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Jpn J Clin Oncol 40:954-60. 2010....
- XRCC3 Thr241Met polymorphism with lung cancer and bladder cancer: a meta-analysisHaiming Sun
Harbin Medical University, China
Cancer Sci 101:1777-82. 2010Several studies have investigated the associations between X-ray repair cross-complementing group 3 (XRCC3) Thr241Met polymorphism and the susceptibility to lung cancer and bladder cancer, but results have been inconclusive...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in DNA-repair genes and cutaneous melanomaAdina Figl
Skin Cancer Unit, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Mutat Res 702:8-16. 2010..Data analyses showed that none of the polymorphisms except T241M XRCC3 was associated with an increased risk for cutaneous melanoma...
- The effect of a DNA repair gene on cellular invasiveness: XRCC3 over-expression in breast cancer cellsVeronica L Martinez-Marignac
McGill University, Lady Davis Institute and Segal Cancer Center, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e16394. 2011..We assessed the effect of the DNA repair proteins known as X-ray complementing protein 3 (XRCC3) and RAD51, to the invasive behavior of the MCF-7 luminal epithelial-like and BT20 basal-like triple negative ..
- RAD51 and XRCC3 gene polymorphisms and the risk of developing acute myeloid leukemiaMona S Hamdy
Department of Clinical and Chemical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, El Kasr El Aini Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
J Investig Med 59:1124-30. 2011..The x-ray repair cross complementing (XRCC3) protein also functions in HR-DNA-DSB repair pathway and directly interacts with and stabilizes RAD51 and the ..
- Association between the XRCC3 polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: meta-analysis based on case-control studiesXiao Feng He
Central Laboratory, Peace Hospital of Changzhi Medical College, Changzhi, 046000, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:5125-34. 2012The previous published data on the association between X-ray repair cross-complementing group 3 (XRCC3) T241M, A4541G, and A17893G polymorphisms and breast cancer risk remained controversial...
- Prognostic significance of GSTP1, XRCC1 and XRCC3 polymorphisms in non-small cell lung cancer patientsHong Gang Ke
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:4413-6. 2012..Our study aimed to investigate the prognostic role of GSTP1, XRCC1 and XRCC3 in NSCLC patients treated with chemotherapy.
- Association between the XRCC3 T241M polymorphism and head and neck cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis of case-control studiesQing Hua Yin
Yueyang Second People s Hospital, Yueyang, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:5201-5. 2012To evaluate the role of the X-ray repair cross complementing group 3 (XRCC3) T241M polymorphism in head and neck cancer susceptibility.
- XRCC3 Thr241Met gene polymorphisms and lung cancer risk: a meta-analysisPing Zhan
First Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nanjing Chest Hospital, 215 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing, 210029, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 32:1. 2013Many studies have examined the association between the XRCC3 Thr241Met gene polymorphism and lung cancer risk in various populations, but their results have been inconsistent...
- ATM- and ATR-mediated phosphorylation of XRCC3 regulates DNA double-strand break-induced checkpoint activation and repairKumar Somyajit
Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Mol Cell Biol 33:1830-44. 2013The RAD51 paralogs XRCC3 and RAD51C have been implicated in homologous recombination (HR) and DNA damage responses. However, the molecular mechanism(s) by which these paralogs regulate HR and DNA damage signaling remains obscure...
- XRCC3 gene polymorphism is associated with survival in Japanese lung cancer patientsKayo Osawa
Faculty of Health Sciences, Kobe University Graduate School of Health Sciences, Kobe 654 0142, Japan
Int J Mol Sci 13:16658-67. 2012We focused on OGG1 Ser326Cys, MUTYH Gln324His, APEX1 Asp148Glu, XRCC1 Arg399Gln, and XRCC3 Thr241Met and examined the relationship between the different genotypes and survival of Japanese lung cancer patients...
- Association between the XRCC3 T241M polymorphism and risk of cancer: evidence from 157 case-control studiesXiao Feng He
Department of Research, Peace Hospital of Changzhi Medical College, Changzhi, 046000, PR China
Gene 523:10-9. 2013The T241M polymorphism in the X-ray cross-complementing group 3 (XRCC3) had been implicated in cancer susceptibility. The previous published data on the association between XRCC3 T241M polymorphism and cancer risk remained controversial...
- Association between the XRCC3 C241T polymorphism and lung cancer risk in the Asian populationXin Tian
Molecular Oncology Department of Cancer Research Institution, The First Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, 110001, China
Tumour Biol 34:2589-97. 2013X-ray repair cross-complementing group 3 (XRCC3) plays a vital role in maintaining the stability of genome by homologous recombination repair for DNA double-strand breaks...
- Comprehensive assessment of the association between DNA repair gene XRCC3 Thr241Met polymorphism and leukemia riskLingyan Qin
Department of Clinical Laboratory, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, 22 Shuangyong Road, Nanning, 530021, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
Tumour Biol 35:2521-8. 2014The XRCC3 gene has been suggested to play an important role in the pathogenesis of leukemia risk. But the findings of publications are contradictory. To derive a more precise estimation of the association, we performed a meta-analysis...
- XRCC3 promotes homology-directed repair of DNA damage in mammalian cellsA J Pierce
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Cornell University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 13:2633-8. 1999..The highly conserved strand transferase, Rad51, is expected to be critical for this process. XRCC3 possesses a limited sequence similarity to Rad51 and interacts with it...
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in homologous recombination repair interact to increase the risk of developing acute myeloid leukemiaClaire Seedhouse
Division of Haematology, School of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, University of Nottingham, and Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 10:2675-80. 2004Double-strand break repair via homologous recombination is essential in maintaining genetic integrity. RAD51 and XRCC3 are involved in the repair of DNA by this pathway, and polymorphisms have been identified in both the RAD51 (RAD51-..
- Correction of chromosomal instability and sensitivity to diverse mutagens by a cloned cDNA of the XRCC3 DNA repair geneR S Tebbs
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, CA 94551 0808, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:6354-8. 1995..analysis of somatic cell hybrids formed between irs1SF and human lymphocytes implicated a human gene (defined as XRCC3; x-ray repair cross-complementing), which partially restored mitomycin C resistance to the mutant...
- Polymorphisms of the XRCC1, XRCC3, & XPD genes, and colorectal cancer risk: a case-control study in TaiwanChih Ching Yeh
Institute of Environmental Health, National Taiwan University College of Public Health, Taipei 100, Taiwan
BMC Cancer 5:12. 2005..This study was designed to examine the polymorphisms associated with three DNA repair genes, namely: XRCC1 Arg399Gln, XRCC3 Thr241Met and XPD Lys751Gln, and investigate their role as susceptibility markers for colorectal cancer.
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes in the molecular pathogenesis of esophageal (Barrett) adenocarcinomaAlan G Casson
Department of Surgery, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Carcinogenesis 26:1536-41. 2005..wild-type and polymorphic variants of XPD (Arg156Arg and Lys751Gln), XRCC1 (Arg194Trp and Arg399Gln) and XRCC3 (Thr241Met), and the poly (AT) insertion/deletion of XPC (PAT)...
- Selected genetic polymorphisms in MGMT, XRCC1, XPD, and XRCC3 and risk of head and neck cancer: a pooled analysisWen Yi Huang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, EPS 8113, MSC 7240, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1747-53. 2005..polymorphisms in four DNA repair genes: MGMT (Leu84Phe and Ile143Val), XRCC1 (Arg399Gln), XPD (Lys751Gln), and XRCC3 (Thr241Met). All single-nucleotide polymorphisms were assayed in a single laboratory...
- Mitotic defects in XRCC3 variants T241M and D213N and their relation to cancer susceptibilityAnna Renglin Lindh
Departmen tof Genetics, Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Mol Genet 15:1217-24. 2006The XRCC3 variant T241M, but not D213N, has been reported to be associated with an increased risk of some cancers. XRCC3 is one out of five RAD51 paralogues and is involved in homologous recombination, as are the BRCA1 and BRCA2 proteins...
- FANCG promotes formation of a newly identified protein complex containing BRCA2, FANCD2 and XRCC3J B Wilson
Molecular Oncology and Stem Cell Research Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Oncogene 27:3641-52. 2008..We also show that phosphorylation of FANCG serine 7 is required for its co-precipitation with BRCA2, XRCC3 and FANCD2, as well as the direct interaction of BRCA2-FANCD2...
- A variant of the DNA repair gene XRCC3 and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a case-control analysisHongbing Shen
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Cancer 99:869-72. 2002..the hypothesis that a C to T variant (Thr241Met) of DNA repair gene X-ray repair cross-complementing group 3 (XRCC3) is associated with risk of developing squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- DNA repair gene XRCC3 codon 241 polymorphism, its interaction with smoking and XRCC1 polymorphisms, and bladder cancer riskMariana C Stern
Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:939-43. 2002..We examined the role of a common polymorphism in the XRCC3 gene (codon 241: threonine to methionine change) and bladder cancer risk...
- No association between the DNA repair gene XRCC3 T241M polymorphism and risk of skin cancer and breast cancerNicklas Raun Jacobsen
National Institute of Occupational Health, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:584-5. 2003
- The association of the DNA repair gene XRCC3 Thr241Met polymorphism with susceptibility to colorectal cancer in a Chinese populationMing juan Jin
Department of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Zhejiang University School of Public Health, Hangzhou 310031, China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 163:38-43. 2005Growing evidence suggests that the Thr241Met (T241M) polymorphism in the homologous recombination repair gene XRCC3 may alter DNA repair capacity and subsequent susceptibility to carcinogens...
- Genetic variants of DNA repair genes and prostate cancer: a population-based studyJamie D Ritchey
George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1703-9. 2005..18; 95% confidence interval (CI), 0.99-4.81 and OR, 1.99; 95% CI, 1.19-3.34, respectively]. In contrast, XRCC3-Thr241Met, XPD-Lys751Gln, and MGMT-Ile143Val markers showed no significant associations with risk, although due to ..
- Lack of involvement of nucleotide excision repair gene polymorphisms in colorectal cancerR Mort
Sir Alastair Currie Cancer Research UK Laboratories, Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 89:333-7. 2003..the frequency of polymorphisms in the NER genes, XPD, XPF, XPG, ERCC1; in the BER gene, XRCC1; and in the RR gene, XRCC3; in colorectal cancer patients and in a control group...
- Functional characterization of polymorphisms in DNA repair genes using cytogenetic challenge assaysWilliam W Au
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, The University of Texas Medical Branch, 700 Harborside Drive, 2 102 Ewing Hall, Galveston, TX 77555 1110, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1843-50. 2003..preferentially involved with base excision repair (BER) and nucleotide excision repair (NER) activities (XRCC1, XRCC3, APE1, XPD) corresponding to the repair of X-ray- and UV light-induced DNA damage, respectively...
- Polymorphic DNA repair and metabolic genes: a multigenic study on gastric cancerDomenico Palli
Molecular and Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, ISPO Cancer Prevention and Research Institute, Via Cosimo il Vecchio 2, 50139 Florence, Italy
Mutagenesis 25:569-75. 2010..OGG1-S326C), nucleotide excision repair (XPC-PAT, XPA-23G>A, ERCC1-19007T>C and XPD-L751Q), recombination (XRCC3-T241M) and alkylation damage reversal (MGMT-L84F) were tested for their potential role in the development of GC by ..
- Increased risk of oral leukoplakia and cancer among mixed tobacco users carrying XRCC1 variant haplotypes and cancer among smokers carrying two risk genotypes: one on each of two loci, GSTM3 and XRCC1 (Codon 280)Mousumi Majumder
Human Genetics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2106-12. 2005..were studied to determine risk of the disease due to polymorphisms at three sites on XRCC1 and one site on XRCC3. Independently, variant genotypes on these loci did not modulate risk of leukoplakia and cancer except for the ..
- Dose-dependent influence of genetic polymorphisms on DNA damage induced by styrene oxide, ethylene oxide and gamma-radiationLode Godderis
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven K U L, Laboratorium Voor Arbeidshygiëne en Toxicologie, Kapucijnenvoer 35 6, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Toxicology 219:220-9. 2006..in rejoining single strand breaks (XRCC1) and in repair of cross-links and chromosomal double strand breaks (XRCC3) might have an impact on genotoxicity as well...
- Low doses of alpha particles do not induce sister chromatid exchanges in bystander Chinese hamster cells defective in homologous recombinationHatsumi Nagasawa
Department of Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 7:515-22. 2008..we examined additional Chinese hamster cell lines deficient in the Rad51 paralogs Rad51C, Rad51D, Xrcc2, and Xrcc3 as well as another essential HRR protein, Brca2...
- Cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers do not fully explain the mutagenicity induced by UVA in Chinese hamster cellsAnna Biverstål
Stockholm University, Department of Genetics, Microbiology and Toxicology, Stockholm, Sweden
Mutat Res 648:32-9. 2008..e., wild-type, Cockayne syndrome B protein-deficient (CSB), XRCC3-deficient and XRCC1-deficient adjusted to the same level of CPDs which was analyzed as strand breaks as a result ..
- Efficient affinity maturation of antibodies in an engineered chicken B cell line DT40-SW by increasing point mutationMasamichi Kajita
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 3 1 1 Tsushima naka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 110:351-8. 2010..To this end, we disrupted the XRCC3 gene that is essential for gene conversion...
- Markers of individual susceptibility and DNA repair rate in workers exposed to xenobiotics in a tire plantPavel Vodicka
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Academy of Science of Czech Republic, 14200 Prague, Czech Republic
Environ Mol Mutagen 44:283-92. 2004..GSTP1, and GSTT1) and in genes involved in DNA repair (XPD exon 23, XPG exon 15, XPC exon 15, XRCC1 exon 10, and XRCC3 exon 7)...
- The genetics of susceptibility to cutaneous melanomaJulia A Newton Bishop
Division of Genetic Epidemiology, Cancer Research UK, St James s Hospital, Leeds, UK
Drugs Today (Barc) 41:193-203. 2005..Good candidates such as the DNA repair gene XRCC3 and polymorphisms of EGF have been studied but excluded...
- DNA repair gene polymorphisms, pre-natal factors and the frequency of somatic mutations in the glycophorin-A gene among healthy newbornsCaroline L Relton
Genetics Unit, Westlakes Research Institute, Moor Row, Cumbria CA24 3JY, UK
Mutat Res 545:49-57. 2004..somatic mutation assay, in relation to polymorphic variation among 435 newborn babies in DNA repair genes XRCC1, XRCC3 and XRCC4 and gender, parental age, social class and smoking habits...
- Amino acid substitution variants of APE1 and XRCC1 genes associated with ionizing radiation sensitivityJ J Hu
Department of Cancer Biology and Department of Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Carcinogenesis 22:917-22. 2001..repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1, exon 6, C/T, 194 Arg/Trp and exon 10, G/A, 399 Arg/Gln), XRCC group 3 (XRCC3, exon 7, C/T, 241 Thr/Met) and apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1 (APE1, exon 5, T/G, 148 Asp/Glu)...
- Ablation of XRCC2/3 transforms immunoglobulin V gene conversion into somatic hypermutationJ E Sale
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Nature 412:921-6. 2001..Here we show that if the RAD51 paralogues XRCC2, XRCC3 or RAD51B are ablated the pattern of diversification of the immunoglobulin V gene in the chicken DT40 B-cell ..
- Unventilated indoor coal-fired stoves in Guizhou province, China: cellular and genetic damage in villagers exposed to arsenic in food and airAihua Zhang
Department of Toxicology, School of Public Health, Guiyang Medical University, 9 Beijing Road, Guiyang City, 550004 Guizhou Province, People s Republic of China
Environ Health Perspect 115:653-8. 2007..Because the poisoning mechanism involved in arsenicosis is as yet unknown and no effective therapy exists, progress has been slow on the prevention and therapy of arsenicosis...
- Homologous recombination protects mammalian cells from replication-associated DNA double-strand breaks arising in response to methyl methanesulfonateTeodora Nikolova
Institute of Toxicology, Medical Center of the University Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Str 67, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
DNA Repair (Amst) 9:1050-63. 2010..We show that HR defective cells (BRCA2, Rad51D and XRCC3 mutants) are dramatically more sensitive to MMS-induced DNA damage as measured by colony formation, apoptosis and ..
- Functional relationships of FANCC to homologous recombination, translesion synthesis, and BLMSeiki Hirano
Department of Immunology and Molecular Genetics, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan
EMBO J 24:418-27. 2005..To investigate the mechanism of the elevated SCE, we deleted FANCC in cells lacking Rad51 paralog XRCC3, TLS factor RAD18, or BLM...
- Molecular biomonitoring of a population of nurses handling antineoplastic drugsTommaso Cornetta
Department of Biology, Roma Tre University, Viale Guglielmo Marconi, 446 00146 Rome, Italy
Mutat Res 638:75-82. 2008..may be genetically determined, we studied the possible influence of single nucleotide polymorphism in XRCC1 and XRCC3 DNA repair genes on induced genetic damage...
- Cellular redistribution of Rad51 in response to DNA damage: novel role for Rad51COtto S Gildemeister
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
J Biol Chem 284:31945-52. 2009..Rad51 nuclear transport, we analyzed subcellular fractions for two other Rad51-interacting proteins, Rad51C and Xrcc3. Rad51C has a functional nuclear localization signal, and although we found that the subcellular distribution of ..
- Omental lipoblastomaStephanie A Koplin
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, CSC 3224, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Pathol Res Pract 204:277-81. 2008..Cancer Genet. Cytogenet. 168 (2006) 150-154]. We report this unique case of an omental lipoblastoma with a focus on its unusual karyotype, as well as its differentiation from myxoid liposarcoma...
- The meiosis-specific recombinase hDmc1 forms ring structures and interacts with hRad51J Y Masson
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Hertfordshire EN6 3LD, UK
EMBO J 18:6552-60. 1999..Consistent with the requirement for two recombinases in meiotic recombination, hDmc1 interacts directly with hRad51...
- Understanding the role of RAD51C complexes in recombination and repairYilun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Previously, We identified two of the RAD51 paralogs, RAD51C and XRCC3, as the essential components of Holliday junction resolvasome, a complex required for separate linked chromosomes ..
- Cellular and Biochemical Regulation of Human Rad51 FunctionKendall L Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..advantage of our recently published methodology using RNAi to analyze the function of mutant Rad51, Rad51C and Xrcc3 proteins in human cells...
- REPAIR AND RECOMBINATION IN RADIATION SENSITIVE CELLSRodney Nairn; Fiscal Year: 2003..The role of the XRCC3 gene, which may be also involved in crosslink repair through homologous recombination mechanisms, will be studied ..
- Molecular Genetics of Colon Cancer in Blacks and WhitesJennifer Hu; Fiscal Year: 2005..GSTM]/T1), two base excision repair genes (XRCC1 and APE), a gene in double-strand break/recombination repair (XRCC3), and a nucleotide excision repair gene (XPD)...
- Gamma-ray-induced mutagen sensitivity in breast cancerLi E Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..2): To determine the correlation between polymorphisms of three select DNA repair genes (XRCC3, XRCC7 and RAD51) involved in DSBR and the G2 chromosomal radiosensitivity (phenotype) and their modulation of ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of t-MDS/AMLSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2007..GSTs, MPO, NQO1, CYPP2E1) or in DMA repair (eg. XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD), as well as epidemiological risk factors( e.g...
- Homologous Recombination & Human Cell RadiosensitivityLAWRENCE THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..AIM 2 will construct null mutant lines of XRCC3 in Tp53-normal immortalized diploid human fibroblasts and assess their genomic instability with respect to ..
- Role of Rad51 Paralogs in Mammalian DNA RepairPatrick Sung; Fiscal Year: 2006..Interestingly, in vertebrate cells, five Rad51-like proteins -XRCC2, XRCC3, Rad51B, Rad51C, and Rad51C- commonly called Rad51 paralogs, have been identified...
- DNA repair, genetic variation and skin cancerDavid Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2003..haplotypes in three important DNA repair genes (XPD in nucleotide excision repair; XRCC1 in base excision repair; XRCC3 in homologous recombination repair) are associated with higher risk of skin cancer...
- Drug Metabolism, DNA Repair & Second CancersDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..CYP2C19, CYP3A4, thiopurine methyltransferase, methylguanine DNA methyltransferase, ERCC1, XPD, XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, XRCC4 and XRCC5...
- Molecular Epidemiology of Colorectal AdenomasRobert Haile; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specifically, we propose to study MTHFR, MTRR, ADH3, which may affect folate metabolism, and XRCC1, XRCC3, OGG1, and MGMT, which may be involved in DNA repair of damage associated with folate metabolism...
- The roles of XPF/ERCC1 complex in DNA repairTadayoshi Bessho; Fiscal Year: 2007..The genetic data also indicate the involvement of XRCC2 and XRCC3 in XL repair...
- GENE-ENVIRONMENT INTERACTIONS: THE ODYSSEY COHORTSandra Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2003..ADH, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, NAT1 and NAT2, NOS, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, EH); and 3) control DNA repair processes (XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD)...
- Genetic Dissection of BRCA1's Recombination FunctionDOUGLAS BISHOP; Fiscal Year: 2007..These phenotypes will be compared to those conferred by mutation of the XRCC3 gene, which is also required for assembly of recombination complexes 2...
- Cohort Study of Genetic Susceptibility to Cutaneous Malignant MelanomaJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will contribute to the scientific basis for identifying individuals at high risk for melanoma and providing individualized risk management strategies. ..
- Nucleotide Excision Repair Gene Variants and Skin CancerJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Prospective Study of DNA Repair Gene Variants in Breast CancerJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2009..This innovative work is essential to advance this field, and it has substantial potential for application to other areas of cancer susceptibility. ..
- Genetic Variants in Pigmentation Genes and Skin Cancer RiskJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will contribute to the scientific basis for identifying high-risk individuals for skin cancer and providing individualized risk management strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Variants in Immunological Mediator Genes and Skin Cancer RiskJiali Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will contribute to the scientific basis for identifying individuals at high-risk for skin cancer and providing individualized risk management strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF RISK FACTORS FOR WILMS TUMORAndrew Olshan; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will provide important new advances in our understanding of Wilms tumor given the study size, quality of exposure assessment, and incorporation of clinical and biological markers of etiologic heterogeneity. ..
- Solar Exposure and Melanoma SurvivalMarianne Berwick; Fiscal Year: 2009..2. Determine whether functional polymorphic variants in the vitamin D receptor affect survival from melanoma. 3. Investigate the interaction of lifetime solar exposure and polymorphisms in VDR and its effect on survival. ..
- A Pooled Analysis to Identify New Ovarian Cancer Risk FactorsCeleste Leigh Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gaining a better understanding of ovarian cancer, which this project will provide, is critical to identifying women at risk and for improving the outcome for women who are diagnosed with this disease. ..
- Use of Serum HPV16 DNA as a Marker for Oropharyngeal Cancer RecurrenceErich Sturgis; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Pancreatic CancerDonghui Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such information will be valuable for the primary prevention of this deadly disease. ..
- Molecular Biomarkers as Predictors of Hodgkin's DiseaseRanda El Zein; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) To elucidate the role that specific polymorphisms in DNA repair capacity genes (XRCC1, XPD and XRCC3) and cell cycle control (p53 gene) play in the modulation of HD outcome...
- Remodeling of Telomeres by Telomere Associated ProteinsSARAH COMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will study the role of NBS1 and XRCC3, two proteins involved in homologous recombination and telomere maintenance, for their ability to recognize and ..
- ANALYSIS OF HUMAN RAD51 RELATED PROTEINSDavid Schild; Fiscal Year: 2001..In human cells, six proteins in this family (HsRad51, XRCC2, XRCC3, Rad51B/hRec2, Rad51C and Rad51D) likely participate in recombinatorial repair and in maintaining genomic ..
- Ovarian Cancer and Gonadotropin SignalingCELESTE PEARCE; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BIOLOGICAL FUNCTION OF XRCC2 IN RECOMBINATIONAL REPAIRNan Liu; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will lead to a better understanding of the role of XRCC2 in mammalian HRR and the importance of this pathway in maintaining chromosomal stability. ..
- The Risk of Cancer in Fanconi Anemia HeterozygotesMarianne Berwick; Fiscal Year: 2005..Analyses will be undertaken to evaluate the role of Fanconi anemia heterozygosity for cancer. If carriers are found to be at increased risk, this information can be used to target individuals for cancer prevention strategies. ..
- The Progesterone Receptor Gene and Ovarian Cancer RiskCELESTE PEARCE; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will also test our previous two case-control studies for any additional identified SNPs, including 326 cases and 493 controls (many of the SNPs have already been tested in these populations). ..
- Gene Environment Interaction in Head and Neck CancerAndrew Olshan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study should contribute knowledge on gene-environment interactions for cancer of the head and neck, but also for other tobacco- and alcohol-related cancers and possibly cancers of unknown etiology. ..