Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WNT4
Description: Wnt family member 4
Alias: SERKAL, WNT-4, protein Wnt-4, wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 4
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Differential expression of human Wnt genes 2, 3, 4, and 7B in human breast cell lines and normal and disease states of human breast tissueE L Huguet
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, University of Oxford, Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 54:2615-21. 1994..We report the expression of Wnt3, Wnt4, and Wnt7b in human breast cell lines and Wnt2, Wnt3, Wnt4, and Wnt7b in human breast tissues...
- Female development in mammals is regulated by Wnt-4 signallingS Vainio
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 397:405-9. 1999..Wnt-4 may also be required for maintenance of the female germ line. Thus, the establishment of sexual dimorphism is under the control of both local and systemic signals...
- Down-regulation of Wnt-4 and up-regulation of Wnt-5a expression by epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human squamous carcinoma cellsMasayuki Taki
First Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, University of Tokushima, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Cancer Sci 94:593-7. 2003..These results indicated that Wnt-4 and Wnt-5a are oppositely affected by EMT, and down-regulation of Wnt-4 and up-regulation of Wnt-5a are possible markers of the malignant phenotype of human SCC...
- Wnt4 overexpression disrupts normal testicular vasculature and inhibits testosterone synthesis by repressing steroidogenic factor 1/beta-catenin synergyBrian K Jordan
Department of Human Genetics, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7088, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10866-71. 2003Genetic studies in mice suggest that Wnt4 signaling antagonizes expression of male hormones and effectively blocks male development in the female embryo...
- Wnt-4 activates the canonical beta-catenin-mediated Wnt pathway and binds Frizzled-6 CRD: functional implications of Wnt/beta-catenin activity in kidney epithelial cellsJon P Lyons
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Exp Cell Res 298:369-87. 2004....
- A novel response element confers p63- and p73-specific activation of the WNT4 promoterMotonobu Osada
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Cancer Research Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 339:1120-8. 2006..We further analyzed the WNT4 promoter, which was induced by p63 and p73 but not p53, in order to clarify the mechanism of differential target ..
- WNT4 deficiency--a clinical phenotype distinct from the classic Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome: a case reportA Biason-Lauber
University Children s Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Hum Reprod 22:224-9. 2007..Loss-of-function mutations in the WNT4 gene appear to cause developmental abnormalities of sexual differentiation in women and mice...
- SERKAL syndrome: an autosomal-recessive disorder caused by a loss-of-function mutation in WNT4Hannah Mandel
Metabolic Disease Unit, Meyer Children s Hospital, Haifa 31096, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 82:39-47. 2008..Using a candidate-gene approach, we identified a disease-causing homozygous missense mutation in the human WNT4 gene...
- Identification and functional analysis of a new WNT4 gene mutation among 28 adolescent girls with primary amenorrhea and müllerian duct abnormalities: a French collaborative studyPascal Philibert
Service d Hormonologie, Hopital Lapeyronie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Montpellier, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:895-900. 2008Müllerian duct development depends on gene and hormone interactions. Female Wnt4-knockout mice lack müllerian ducts and are virilized due to the inappropriate expression of the enzymes required for androgen production (normally ..
- Expression of Wnt4 in human pituitary adenomas regulates activation of the beta-catenin-independent pathwayTakashi Miyakoshi
Department of Pathology, Tokai University School of Medicine, 143 Shimokasuya, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Endocr Pathol 19:261-73. 2008..A member of the Wnt family of genes, Wnt4, has been known to regulate proliferation of anterior pituitary cell types in the mouse during embryonic ..
- Variation in WNT genes expression in different subtypes of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaAli Memarian
Department of Immunology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Leuk Lymphoma 50:2061-70. 2009..Our results indicate up-regulation of many members of the WNT gene family in CLL suggesting involvement of the Wnt canonical and/or noncanonical signaling pathways in CLL tumorigenesis...
- Negative feedback regulation of Wnt4 signaling by EAF1 and EAF2/U19Xiaoyang Wan
Key Laboratory of Biodiversity and Conservation of Aquatic Organisms, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 5:e9118. 2010..At the same time, EAF2/U19 is a downstream factor in the non-canonical Wnt 4 signaling pathway required for eye development in Xenopus laevis, and along with EAF1, contributes to convergence ..
- A genome-wide association study identifies genetic variants in the CDKN2BAS locus associated with endometriosis in JapaneseSatoko Uno
Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Nat Genet 42:707-10. 2010..A SNP, rs16826658, in the LD block including WNT4 on chromosome 1p36, which is considered to play an important role in the development of the female genital tract, ..
- WNT4 acts downstream of BMP2 and functions via β-catenin signaling pathway to regulate human endometrial stromal cell differentiationQuanxi Li
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, IL 61802, USA
Endocrinology 154:446-57. 2013..Using gene expression profiling, we identified wingless-related murine mammary tumor virus integration site 4 (WNT4) as a target of BMP2 regulation during decidualization...
- Negative regulation of the Wnt signal by MM-1 through inhibiting expression of the wnt4 geneTatsuya Yoshida
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Exp Cell Res 314:1217-28. 2008..analysis was carried out by comparing expression levels of genes in MM-1 knockdown and parental cells, and the wnt4 gene, a member of the Wnt-beta-catenin pathway, was identified as a target gene of MM-1...
- Wnt/β-catenin pathway forms a negative feedback loop during TGF-β1 induced human normal skin fibroblast-to-myofibroblast transitionJiaqi Liu
Department of Burns and Cutaneous Surgery, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, 127 ChangLe West Road, Xi an, Shaanxi 710032, China
J Dermatol Sci 65:38-49. 2012..Previous studies suggested Wnt/β-catenin signaling might be involved in the wound healing. However, its specific role in skin fibroblast-to-myofibroblast transition remains unclear...
- PAX2 activates WNT4 expression during mammalian kidney developmentElena Torban
Department of Experimental Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:12705-12. 2006..In this study we hypothesized that PAX2 activates expression of WNT4, a secreted glycoprotein known to be critical for successful nephrogenesis...
- Sexual differentiationA A Sinisi
Endocrinology and Medical Andrology Section, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 26:23-8. 2003..Mutations of genes coding for steroidogenic enzymes, AMH, AMH receptor, AR and 5alpha reductase are all associated with impairment of sex differentiation and result in genital ambiguity...
- Differential activation of Myf5 and MyoD by different Wnts in explants of mouse paraxial mesoderm and the later activation of myogenesis in the absence of Myf5S Tajbakhsh
Département de Biologie Moléculaire CNRS URA 1947, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Development 125:4155-62. 1998..b>Wnt4, Wnt5a and Wnt6 exert an intermediate effect activating both Myf5 and MyoD equivalently in paraxial mesoderm...
- Conditional expression of Wnt4 during chondrogenesis leads to dwarfism in miceHu Hui Lee
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e450. 2007..To examine the action of Wnts in skeleton formation, we developed a genetic system to conditionally express Wnt4 in chondrogenic tissues of the mouse...
- SOX9 is not required for the cellular events of testicular organogenesis in XX mole ovotestesF David Carmona
Departamento de Genética e Instituto de Biotecnología, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, Granada, Spain
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 312:734-48. 2009..In addition, the expression pattern of WNT4 in male and female moles indicates that this gene inhibits Leydig cell differentiation and, contrary to the ..
- Down-regulation of endogenous Wt1 expression by Sry transgene in the murine embryonic mesonephros-derived M15 cell lineMasanori Ito
Gene Function Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Ibaraki, Japan
J Reprod Dev 52:415-27. 2006..Similarly, Wnt 4 expression was down-regulated in these cell lines...
- Use of dual section mRNA in situ hybridisation/immunohistochemistry to clarify gene expression patterns during the early stages of nephron development in the embryo and in the mature nephron of the adult mouse kidneyKylie Georgas
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD, 4072, Australia
Histochem Cell Biol 130:927-42. 2008..with RNA in situ hybridisation in order to precisely identify the expression pattern of different genes, including Wnt4, Umod and Spp1...
- The partial female to male sex reversal in Wnt-4-deficient females involves induced expression of testosterone biosynthetic genes and testosterone production, and depends on androgen actionMinna Heikkilä
Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Aapistie 5A, University of Oulu, P O Box 5000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Endocrinology 146:4016-23. 2005..These data imply that Wnt-4 signaling normally acts to suppress testosterone biosynthesis in the female, and that testosterone is the putative mediator of the masculinization phenotype in Wnt-4-deficient females...
- Thyroid hormone interacts with the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway in the terminal differentiation of growth plate chondrocytesLai Wang
Orthopaedic Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:1988-95. 2007..This study indicates that thyroid hormone regulates terminal differentiation of growth plate chondrocytes in part through modulating Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- Carboxypeptidase Z (CPZ) links thyroid hormone and Wnt signaling pathways in growth plate chondrocytesLai Wang
Orthopaedic Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Bone Miner Res 24:265-73. 2009..These data indicate that thyroid hormone may regulate terminal differentiation of growth plate chondrocytes in part by modulating Wnt signaling pathways through the induction of CPZ and subsequent CPZ-enhanced activation of Wnt-4...
- A microarray analysis of the XX Wnt4 mutant gonad targeted at the identification of genes involved in testis vascular differentiationDouglas Coveney
The Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 8:529-37. 2008..In the XX gonad, mesonephric cell migration and testis vascular development are inhibited by WNT4 signaling...
- Cell lineages in the embryonic kidney: their inductive interactions and signalling moleculesH Sariola
Developmental Biology Research Programme, University of Helsinki, Finland
Biochem Cell Biol 76:1009-16. 1998..Glial-cell-line-derived neurotrophic factor is a signal for the ureteric bud initiation and branching, and Wnt4 is an autocrine epithelializing signal at the pretubular stage of nephron formation...
- FGF8 is required for cell survival at distinct stages of nephrogenesis and for regulation of gene expression in nascent nephronsUta Grieshammer
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2711, USA
Development 132:3847-57. 2005..In the absence of FGF8 signaling, nephron formation is initiated, but the nascent nephrons do not express Wnt4 or Lim1, and nephrogenesis does not progress to the S-shaped body stage...
- Wnt/beta-catenin signaling regulates nephron induction during mouse kidney developmentJoo Seop Park
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 134:2533-9. 2007..Several lines of evidence support the sequential roles of two Wnt family members, Wnt9b and Wnt4, in renal vesicle induction...
- [Morphogenesis and differentiation of the female genital tract. Genetic determinism and epithelium-stromal interactions]Cornelia Amalinei
Disciplina de Histologie, Facultatea de Medicina, Universitatea de Medicină şi Farmacie Gr T Popa, Iasi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 111:200-9. 2007..A complete understanding of the complex regulatory endometrial epithelium-stromal mechanism, concertating genes, hormones, and cytokines, may provide new therapeutic targets in female reproductive tract pathology...
- [Study on the role of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling transduction pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma cell line HepG2 and L02 cell line]Qi Ming Wang
Department of Anatomy, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 23:926-8. 2007....
- Gene expression profiling in skeletal muscle of Holstein-Friesian bulls with single-nucleotide polymorphism in the myostatin gene 5'-flanking regionTomasz Sadkowski
Department of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw University of Life Sciences SGGW, Warsaw, Poland
J Appl Genet 49:237-50. 2008....
- Wnt4/5a signalling coordinates cell adhesion and entry into meiosis during presumptive ovarian follicle developmentFlorence Naillat
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oulu Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Institute of Biomedicine, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, PO Box 5000, FIN 90220 Oulu, Finland
Hum Mol Genet 19:1539-50. 2010..These findings indicate a critical role for Wnt signalling in meiosis. Thus, the Wnt signals are important somatic cell signals that coordinate presumptive female follicle development...
- Notch2 activation in the embryonic kidney depletes nephron progenitorsSayoko Fujimura
Department of Kidney Development, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:803-10. 2010Successive activation of Wnt4 and Notch2 generates nephrons from the metanephric mesenchyme...
- Transcriptome analysis identifies pathways associated with enhanced maternal performance in QSi5 micePalaniappan Ramanathan
Centre for Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
BMC Genomics 9:197. 2008..The QSi5 inbred strain of mice was selected for high fecundity and low inter-litter interval, and is very successful at weaning large numbers of offspring when compared to other inbred strains...
- Glycogene expression in conjunctiva of patients with dry eye: downregulation of Notch signalingFlavio Mantelli
Department of Ophthalmology, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2666-72. 2009..This study aimed to identify the repertoire of genes (glycogenes) involved in biosynthesis of glycoconjugates in conjunctiva of normal subjects and patients with dry eye...
- Dysregulation of WNT/CTNNB1 and PI3K/AKT signaling in testicular stromal cells causes granulosa cell tumor of the testisAlexandre Boyer
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec J2S7C6, Canada
Carcinogenesis 30:869-78. 2009..cell nuclear antigen, estrogen receptor 1 or progesterone receptor, but expressed the early granulosa cell markers WNT4 and FOXL2, confirming the diagnosis of GCTT...
- Trps1 functions downstream of Bmp7 in kidney developmentZhibo Gai
First Department of Pathology, Wakayama Medical University Medical School, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 0012, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 20:2403-11. 2009..Last, whole-mount in situ hybridization of Wnt9b and Wnt4 demonstrated prolonged branching of ureteric buds and sparse cap mesenchyme in the kidneys of Trps1-deficient mice...
- Defects of urogenital development in mice lacking Emx2N Miyamoto
Department of Morphogenesis, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics IMEG, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo, Japan
Development 124:1653-64. 1997..Degeneration of the Wolffian duct and mesonephric tubules was also abnormally accelerated without the formation of the Mullerian duct...
- A role for WNT proteins in induction of dermomyotomeC M Fan
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 115 West University Parkway, Baltimore, Maryland 21210, USA
Dev Biol 191:160-5. 1997..The documented expression of Wnt1 and Wnt3a in the dorsal neural tube and of Wnt4 and Wnt6 in the surface ectoderm at the time of dermomyotome specification prompted us to investigate the ..
- Ovotestes and XY sex reversal in a female with an interstitial 9q33.3-q34.1 deletion encompassing NR5A1 and LMX1B causing features of Genitopatellar syndromeSilke Schlaubitz
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:1071-81. 2007..In our patients no mutation was found in the coding regions of WNT4, WNT7A, TBX4, and LMX1B...
- Sex determination and disorders of sex development according to the revised nomenclature and classification in 46,XX individualsEleni Kousta
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hormones (Athens) 9:218-131. 2010..Four genes are likely to be involved in the subsequent stages of ovarian development (WNT4, DAX1, FOXL2 and RSPO1), but none is yet proven to be the ovarian determining factor...
- Wnt9b plays a central role in the regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transitions underlying organogenesis of the mammalian urogenital systemThomas J Carroll
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 16 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Dev Cell 9:283-92. 2005..Wnt9b acts upstream of another Wnt, Wnt4, in this process, and our data implicate canonical Wnt signaling as one of the major pathways in the organization ..
- Comprehensive Wnt-related gene expression during cochlear duct development in chickenUlrike J Sienknecht
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Comp Neurol 510:378-95. 2008..lagena is the expression of Frzb; in the lagena macula are Fzd1, Fzd7, and Wnt7b, and in the nonsensory tissues are Wnt4 and Wnt5a...
- Characterization of Wnt gene expression in murine skin: possible involvement of epidermis-derived Wnt-4 in cutaneous epithelial-mesenchymal interactionsA Saitoh
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892, USA
Exp Cell Res 243:150-60. 1998..These results indicate that several Wnt genes are expressed in adult murine epidermis and suggest that Wnt-4 proteins may be involved in epidermal-dermal interactions in mammalian skin...
- Wnt4 is required for proper male as well as female sexual developmentKatherine Jeays-Ward
Section of Gene Function and Regulation, Institute of Cancer Research, 237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB, UK
Dev Biol 276:431-40. 2004..The signaling molecule WNT4 has been shown to be important in female sexual development...
- Involvement of Wnt-5a in chondrogenic pattern formation in the chick limb budY Kawakami
Department of Molecular Biology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 41:29-40. 1999..These results suggest that Wnt-5a is involved in pattern formation along the proximal-distal axis by regulation of chondrogenic differentiation...
- Mice null for Frizzled4 (Fzd4-/-) are infertile and exhibit impaired corpora lutea formation and functionMinnie Hsieh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 73:1135-46. 2005Previous studies showed that transcripts encoding specific Wnt ligands and Frizzled receptors including Wnt4, Frizzled1 (Fzd1), and Frizzled4 (Fzd4) were expressed in a cell-specific manner in the adult mouse ovary...
- Fgf9 and Wnt4 act as antagonistic signals to regulate mammalian sex determinationYuna Kim
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
PLoS Biol 4:e187. 2006..In the mouse, Fgf9 and Wnt4 are expressed in gonads of both sexes prior to sex determination...
- Wnt genes in the mouse uterus: potential regulation of implantationKanako Hayashi
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Carbondale, Illinois, USA
Biol Reprod 80:989-1000. 2009..Expression of Wnt4, Wnt5a, Wnt7a, Wnt7b, Wnt11, Wnt16, Fzd2, Fzd4, and Fzd6 was detected in the uterus during implantation...
- WNT4 is required for normal ovarian follicle development and female fertilityAlexandre Boyer
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Animale, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, C P 5000, St Hyacinthe, QC, Canada J2S 7C6
FASEB J 24:3010-25. 2010To study the role of WNT4 in the postnatal ovary, a mouse strain bearing a floxed Wnt4 allele was created and mated to the Amhr2(tm3(cre)Bhr) strain to target deletion of Wnt4 to granulosa cells...
- Expression and hormone regulation of Wnt2, 3, 4, 5a, 7a, 7b and 10b in normal human endometrium and endometrial carcinomaT D Bui
Molecular Oncology Laboratory, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, UK
Br J Cancer 75:1131-6. 1997..b>Wnt4 was expressed in only one out of four cell lines (RL95-2), and Wnt5a was much lower...
- Expression of Wnt signalling pathway genes during tooth developmentL Sarkar
Department of Craniofacial Development, Guy s Tower, Guy s, Kings and St Thomas Schools of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Floor 28, Guy s Tower, London Bridge, London SE1 9RT, UK
Mech Dev 85:197-200. 1999..Wnt-5a and MFrzb1 show strong expression in the dental papilla mesenchyme...
- A road to kidney tubules via the Wnt pathwayS J Vainio
University of Oulu, Department of Biochemistry, Linnanmaa, Finland
Pediatr Nephrol 15:151-6. 2000..Taken together, the data provide evidence of an essential role for Wnt signal transmission and transduction pathways in the induction of kidney tubules, and the findings have paved the way for detailed molecular studies...
- Sexually dimorphic regulation of inhibin beta B in establishing gonadal vasculature in miceHumphrey Hung Chang Yao
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61802, USA
Biol Reprod 74:978-83. 2006..On the other hand, in the ovary, inhibin beta B is repressed by WNT4 and its downstream target follistatin, leading to the absence of the coelomic vessel...
- [Cloning, expression and characterization of a gene encoding signal transduction protein Wnt4 of Schistosoma japonicum]Li Hong Tao
Shanghai Veterinary Research Institute of CAAS, National Laboratory of Animal Schistosomiasis Control, Key Laboratory of Animal Parasitology Ministry of Agriculture, Shanghai 200232, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 23:392-7. 2007..b>Wnt4 is a key regulator of gonadal differentiation in humans and mice, playing a pivotal role in early embryogenesis...
- Transcriptional recapitulation and subversion of embryonic colon development by mouse colon tumor models and human colon cancerSergio Kaiser
Biomedical Informatics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Genome Biol 8:R131. 2007..5-18.5...
- Stabilization of beta-catenin in XY gonads causes male-to-female sex-reversalDanielle M Maatouk
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2949-55. 2008..Evidence in mice and humans suggests that the male pathway is opposed by the expression of two signals, WNT4 and R-SPONDIN-1 (RSPO1), that promote the ovarian fate and block testis development...
- Sex differentiation and sex change in the protandrous black porgy, Acanthopagrus schlegeliGuan Chung Wu
Department of Aquaculture, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung 202, Taiwan
Gen Comp Endocrinol 167:417-21. 2010..Male- (such as sf-1, dmrt1, dax-1 and amh) and female- (such as wnt4, foxl2 and cyp19a1a) promoting genes were associated with testicular and ovarian development, respectively...
- Wnt4, the first member of the Wnt family identified in Schistosoma japonicum, regulates worm development by the canonical pathwayHong Fei Li
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, No 22, XiNong Rd, 712100, Yangling, China
Parasitol Res 107:795-805. 2010..We therefore isolated the Wnt4 gene from Schistosoma japonicum...
- Expression of multiple novel Wnt-1/int-1-related genes during fetal and adult mouse developmentB J Gavin
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Hoffmann La Roche, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Genes Dev 4:2319-32. 1990..All new Wnt family members are expressed in adult tissues, particularly in brain and lung. These data support the view that the Wnt-1/int-1 family constitutes a large family of signaling peptides with diverse roles in mouse development...
- Mammalian sex reversal and intersexuality: deciphering the sex-determination cascadeD Vaiman
Laboratoire de Génétique Biochimique et de Cytogénétique, Département de Génétique Animale, INRA Centre de Recherches de Jouy en Josas, 78352, Jouy en Josas, France
Trends Genet 16:488-94. 2000..Since then, several genes that encode proteins with a role in this cascade, such as WT1, SF-1, SOX9, DAX-1 and WNT4, have been identified...
- Expression and localization of secreted frizzled-related protein-4 in the rodent ovary: evidence for selective up-regulation in luteinized granulosa cellsMinnie Hsieh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Endocrinology 144:4597-606. 2003..Therefore, regulation of sFRP-4 by LH and PRL may be important for modulating Fz-1, which is known to be expressed in periovulatory follicles, and Wnt-4/Fz-4, which are expressed in corpora lutea...
- Sox9 is sufficient for functional testis development producing fertile male mice in the absence of SryYangjun Qin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:1221-9. 2005..time of sex determination, which could be correlated to an inability of XY(Sry-),Ods/+ males to fully down-regulate Wnt4 expression in the embryonic gonad...
- Redundant expression of canonical Wnt ligands in human breast cancer cell linesKhemais Benhaj
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bilkent University, 06800 Ankara, Turkey
Oncol Rep 15:701-7. 2006..We noticed that most breast cancer cell lines overexpressed WNT3A, WNT4, WNT6, WNT8B, WNT9A and WNT10B. In contrast, the expression of WNT5A, WNT5B and WNT16 was usually down-regulated...
- Increased Wnt signaling triggers oncogenic conversion of human breast epithelial cells by a Notch-dependent mechanismAyyakannu Ayyanan
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, National Center of Competence in Research in Molecular Oncology, 155 Chemin des Boveresses, CH 1066 Epalinges Lausanne, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:3799-804. 2006....
- Wnt-4 expression is increased in fibroblasts after TGF-beta1 stimulation and during fetal and postnatal wound repairAmy S Colwell
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, Children s Surgical Research Program, Stanford, Calif 94305 5148, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:2297-301. 2006..Transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1 has high expression during healing with scar formation. Whether TGF-beta1 directly influences Wnt-4 expression in fetal or postnatal fibroblasts has not been examined...
- Mutation analysis of the WNT-4 gene in patients with polycystic ovary syndromePatricia Canto
Unidad de Investigación Médica en Biología del Desarrollo, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Coordinacion de Investigacion en Salud, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Gynecol Endocrinol 22:484-7. 2006..However, the present data do not rule out the possible existence of causative mutations in the WNT-4 gene promoter region...
- Pescadillo is required for Xenopus laevis eye development and neural crest migrationSusanne Gessert
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ulm University, Albert Einstein Allee 11, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Dev Biol 310:99-112. 2007..Our data indicate that pescadillo has multiple important functions during X. laevis development and that its function is highly conserved among different species...
- Effects of grade of oocyte-cumulus complex and the interactions between grades on the production of blastocysts in the cow, ewe and lambJ M Kelly
South Australian Research and Development Institute, Turretfield Research Centre, Rosedale, South Australia
Reprod Domest Anim 42:577-82. 2007....
- Adrenal gland development and defectsPetra Kempna
Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Children s Hospital, University of Berne, Freiburgstrasse 15, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 22:77-93. 2008..g. WT1, WNT4) or, alternatively, human mutations have not (yet) been identified...
- WNT/beta-catenin signaling in nephron progenitors and their epithelial progenyKai M Schmidt-Ott
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Kidney Int 74:1004-8. 2008..Two ligands from the WNT family, namely Wnt9b and Wnt4, are required for nephron differentiation...
- The spatio-temporal pattern of testis organogenesis in mammals - insights from the moleFrancisco D Carmona
Departamento de Genetica, Universidad de Granada, Spain
Int J Dev Biol 53:1035-44. 2009..of PDGFR-alpha in promoting the migration and/or proliferation of Leydig cell precursors, and with that of WNT4 signalling in inhibiting Leydig cell differentiation and 3) the formation of the tunica albuginea involves ..
- Gene expression profile of the fibrotic response in the peritoneal cavityS J Le
Centre for Research in Vascular Biology, Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
Differentiation 79:232-43. 2010..and pro-fibrotic genes (associated with TGF-beta and Wnt/beta-catenin signalling pathways, including Wnt 4, TGFbetaRII, connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), SMADs-1, -2, -4 and collagen-1 subunits) were significantly ..
- Wnt4 activates the canonical β-catenin pathway and regulates negatively myostatin: functional implication in myogenesisHenri Bernardi
Laboratoire de Génomique Fonctionnelle et Myogenèse, UMR866 Laboratoire Dynamique Musculaire et Métabolisme, INRA, 2 place Viala, Montpellier Cedex, France
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 300:C1122-38. 2011..Here, we focus on the roles of Wnt4 during C2C12 myoblasts and satellite cells differentiation...
- Wnt4 enhances murine hematopoietic progenitor cell expansion through a planar cell polarity-like pathwayKrista M Heinonen
Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e19279. 2011..b>Wnt4 is one of the Wnt proteins that can elicit non-canonical pathways...
- AHR regulates WT1 genetic programming during murine nephrogenesisM Hadi Falahatpisheh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky, United States of America
Mol Med 17:1275-84. 2011..and Wnt-4, genetic disruption was fully reversed upon restoration of cellular Wt1 protein levels, confirming that functional interactions between AHR and Wt1 represent a likely molecular target for renal developmental interference...
- MED12 mutations in uterine fibroids--their relationship to cytogenetic subgroupsDominique Nadine Markowski
Center of Human Genetics, University of Bremen, Leobener Strasse ZHG, Bremen, Germany
Int J Cancer 131:1528-36. 2012..expressed significantly higher levels of the gene encoding wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 4 (WNT4)...
- [Genetics of early ovarian differentiation: recent data]Adrienne Baillet
Laboratoire de Genetique et Biologie Cellulaire, EA 4589 Université de Versailles Saint Quentin en Yvelines, Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, 78035 Versailles Cedex, France
Biol Aujourdhui 205:201-21. 2011..factor FOXL2 (alone or in combination with oestrogens according to the species) and β-catenin pathway activated by Wnt4 and Rspo1. The sex-specific change in the fate of primordial germ cells depends on the gonad environment...
- Spatial and temporal localization of WNT signaling proteins in a mouse model of distraction osteogenesisBahar Kasaai
Department of Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Histochem Cytochem 60:219-28. 2012..Our immunohistochemical findings of distracted bone specimens show an increased expression of WNT ligands (WNT4 and WNT10A), receptors (FZD1 and 2, LRP5 and 6), β-catenin, and pathway antagonizers (DKK1; CTBP1 and 2; sFRP1, 2, ..
- The transcription factor Otx2 regulates choroid plexus development and functionPia A Johansson
Helmholtz Center Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute for Stem Cell Research, Neuherberg, 85764 Munich, Germany
Development 140:1055-66. 2013..its key role in regulating early CSF composition, which was altered in protein content, including the levels of Wnt4 and the Wnt modulator Tgm2...
- Wg and Wnt4 provide long-range directional input to planar cell polarity orientation in DrosophilaJun Wu
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nat Cell Biol 15:1045-55. 2013..They affect PCP by modulating the intercellular interaction between Fz and Vang, which is thought to be a key step in setting up initial polarity, thus providing directionality to the PCP process. ..
- Disruption of mitotic arrest precedes precocious differentiation and transdifferentiation of pregranulosa cells in the perinatal Wnt4 mutant ovaryDanielle M Maatouk
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Dev Biol 383:295-306. 2013..Ovarian development is dependent on canonical Wnt signaling through Wnt4, Rspo1 and β-catenin...
- Astragaloside IV inhibits the up-regulation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling in rats with unilateral ureteral obstructionLi Wang
Department of Nephrology, PuTuo Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 33:1316-28. 2014..To investigate the effect of Astragaloside IV (AS-IV) on the regulation of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in rats with unilateral ureteral obstruction (UUO)...
- The FgfrL1 receptor is required for development of slow muscle fibersRuth Amann
Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Dev Biol 394:228-41. 2014..The loss of slow fibers cannot be attributed to the lack of kidneys, since Wnt4 knockout mice, which also lack metanephric kidneys, show normal expression of Myh7, Myl2 and Myl3...
- Upper-body resistance exercise augments vastus lateralis androgen receptor-DNA binding and canonical Wnt/β-catenin signaling compared to lower-body resistance exercise in resistance-trained men without an acute increase in serum testosteroneMike Spillane
Department of Health, Physical Education, and Leisure Studies, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Steroids 98:63-71. 2015..A secondary purpose was to determine the effects on serum wingless-type MMTV integration site (Wnt4) levels and skeletal muscle β-catenin content...
- Altered gene expression profile in ovarian follicle in rats treated with indomethacin and RU486Kenjiro Tsubota
Drug Safety Research Laboratories, Astellas Pharma Inc
J Toxicol Sci 40:413-25. 2015..In indomethacin-treated rats, Wnt4 was down-regulated, suggesting effect on tissue integrity and steroid genesis...
- Emodin prevents intima thickness via Wnt4/Dvl-1/β-catenin signaling pathway mediated by miR-126 in balloon-injured carotid artery ratsJun Yi Hua
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Exp Mol Med 47:e170. 2015..Intimal thickness was analyzed by hematoxylin and eosin staining. Expression of Wnt4, dvl-1, β-catenin and collagen was determined by immunohistochemistry and/or western blotting...
- Towards an understanding of kidney diseases associated with WT1 mutationsLihua Dong
Molecular Genetics, Leibniz Institute for Age Research, Fritz Lipmann Institute, Jena, Germany
Kidney Int 88:684-90. 2015..key transcription factors; WT1 drives MM differentiation and mesenchyme-epithelial transition by targeting Fgf8 and Wnt4; WT1 defines podocyte identity by activation of other podocyte-specific transcription factors, including Mafb, ..
- Progesterone and Overlooked Endocrine Pathways in Breast Cancer PathogenesisCathrin Brisken
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research C B, R J and Brain and Mind Institute K H, School of Life Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Endocrinology 156:3442-50. 2015..Two progesterone receptor targets, receptor activator of NfκB ligand and Wnt4, serve as downstream paracrine mediators of progesterone receptor-induced cell proliferation and stem cell ..
- Effects of tamoxifen on autosomal genes regulating ovary maintenance in adult miceMingxi Yu
Key Laboratory of Industrial Ecology and Environmental Engineering MOE, School of Environmental Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, No 2 Linggong Road, 116024, Dalian, Liaoning, China
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 22:20234-44. 2015..Accordingly, expression of the ovary development marker, forkhead transcription factor (FOXL2), and WNT4/FST signaling, were depressed. The levels of protein expression changed consistently with the target genes...
- A Boolean network model of human gonadal sex determinationOsiris Ríos
Instituto Nacional de Pediatria, Laboratorio de Citogenetica, Av Insurgentes Sur 3700 C, Mexico City, 04530, Mexico
Theor Biol Med Model 12:26. 2015..pathway is activated when the Sex-Determining Region Y (SRY) gene starts to be expressed, whereas in females the WNT4/ β-catenin pathway promotes the differentiation of the GPCs towards ovaries...
- Dysfunction of WNT4/WNT5A in deciduas: possible relevance to the pathogenesis of preeclampsiaGuiping Wang
aKey Laboratory of Animal Resistance Research, College of Life Science, Shandong Normal University bDepartment of Anaesthesiology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, P R China Guiping Wang, Zhaohang Zhang, Cheng Chen, and Yachao Zhang contributed equally to this work
J Hypertens 34:719-27. 2016..b>WNT4 and WNT5A are highly expressed in the deciduas of mice and human beings; their deficiency causes the abnormality of ..
- JNK signaling regulates E-cadherin junctions in germline cysts and determines primordial follicle formation in miceWanbao Niu
State Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, College of Biological Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Development 143:1778-87. 2016..b>WNT4 expression is upregulated after SP600125 treatment...
- Molecular cloning, characterization and expression analysis of Wnt4, Wnt5, Wnt6, Wnt7, Wnt10 and Wnt16 from Litopenaeus vannameiShuang Zhang
College of Fisheries, Guangdong Ocean University, Zhanjiang 524088, PR China South China Sea Bio Resource Exploitation and Utilization Collaborative Innovation Center, Guangzhou 510275, PR China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 54:445-55. 2016..vannamei. ..
- Progesterone-Dependent Induction of Phospholipase C-Related Catalytically Inactive Protein 1 (PRIP-1) in Decidualizing Human Endometrial Stromal CellsJoanne Muter
Division of Biomedical Sciences J M, P J B, E S L, L L, A s, S Q, A M B, J J B, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom and University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire National Health Service Trust S Q, J J B, Coventry, CV2 2DX United Kingdom and Tommy s National Miscarriage Research Centre E S L, S Q, J J B, University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry, CV2 2DX United Kingdom
Endocrinology 157:2883-93. 2016..of HESCs to deciduogenic cues, although the overall expression of differentiation markers, such as PRL, IGFBP1, and WNT4, was blunted...
- Etiologies of uterine malformationsAdeline Jacquinet
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 170:2141-72. 2016..To date, a few genes have garnered strong evidence of causality, mainly in syndromic presentations (HNF1B, WNT4, WNT7A, HOXA13)...
- WNT4 mediates estrogen receptor signaling and endocrine resistance in invasive lobular carcinoma cell linesMatthew J Sikora
Women s Cancer Research Center, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Breast Cancer Res 18:92. 2016..One potential novel pathway is via the Wnt ligand WNT4, a critical signaling molecule in mammary gland development regulated by the progesterone receptor.
- Endometriosis risk alleles at 1p36.12 act through inverse regulation of CDC42 and LINC00339Joseph E Powell
The Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Hum Mol Genet . 2016Genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have identified markers within the WNT4 region on chromosome 1p36.12 showing consistent and strong association with increasing endometriosis risk...
- AXON GUIDANCE IN THE SPINAL CORDZaven Kaprielian; Fiscal Year: 2007..apparently turn in the anterior direction by responding to opposed gradients of the FP-derived chemoattractant, Wnt4, and Shh, acting as a midline repellent...
- WNT and gonadotropin mediated regulation of ovarian steroidogenesisJENNIFER HERNANDEZ GIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is known that WNT proteins are required for early ovarian development and that mice lacking Wnt4 have sex-reversed ovaries, express genes associated with testes development and exhibit a reduced number of oocytes ..
- Regulation of hair cell determination by the Wnt/Calcium signaling pathwayAlain Dabdoub; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our data indicate that: 1) Wnt4 inhibits hair cell formation, 2) Wnt4 signals through the Wnt/Calcium/PKC pathway, 3) PKC regulates cell fate in ..
- Transcriptional Control of Mammalian Sexual DevelopmentSergei G Tevosian; Fiscal Year: 2013..Several of these genes (e.g., Wnt4, follistatin (Fst) and Foxl2) are known to be required for normal female development, while other genes (e.g...
- Cun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results should provide an important proof-of-principal in the prevention and treatment of periodontitis by targeting NF-kB, and lay the important foundation for the clinical trials involving the IKK/NF-kB inhibitors. ..
- Udayan Apte; Fiscal Year: 2016..will determine the role of each component of canonical Wnt pathway including ?-catenin, GSK3?, disheveled, Lrp5 and Wnt4 in liver regeneration after ALF...
- Ovarian Follicular Developmental and Hormone ActionJoanne Richards; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) Determine the molecular, cellular and hormonal basis of the altered ovarian phenotype of the TAFII105 null mice. 4) Determine the function of Wnt-4 in the adult ovary. ..
- Charles R Farber; Fiscal Year: 2014..on mouse Chr 4 for osteoblast-mediated bone formation using genome-wide association mapping and determined that Wnt4 was the candidate gene for this locus...
- CELL INTERACTIONS IN DEVELOPMENT OF THE MAMMALIAN KIDNEYAndrew McMahon; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will explore the mechanism underlying the resulting cystic phenotype. Wnt4 plays a key role in the induction of renal vesicles...
- Unveil a Novel Pathway in Mammalian Ovary DevelopmentHumphrey Yao; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified two novel molecules, WNT4 and follistatin, that play critical roles during early ovary development...
- ROLE OF STROMA IN MAMMARY GLAND CELL PROLIFERATIONSANDRA HASLAM; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal of this proposal is the delineation of the mechanisms of P-dependent growth regulation in the adult normal mammary gland that may lead to novel strategies for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer. ..
- WNT4-Mediated Signaling During Mammalian Sex DeterminationDANIELLE MAATOUK; Fiscal Year: 2009..The earliest known gene in the ovarian pathway is Wnt4. Mice deficient in Wnt4 show partial female-to-male sex reversal, and both loss and gain-of-function mutations of ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Wnt4 Action in Developing GonadAlice Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2006The long-term objective of the proposed research is to understand the molecular mechanisms of Wnt4 signaling in mammalian female sex determination. Wnt4 is associated with partial sex reversal...
- Transcriptional Control of Renal Development by CITED1Mark De Caestecker; Fiscal Year: 2006..As Wnt4 and BMP7 are critical differentiation and survival signals for the mesenchyme, these findings suggest a molecular ..
- BMP SIGNALLING IN EYE AND KIDNEY DEVELOPMENTElizabeth Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2005..originating from either the newly induced mesenchyme or from the ureteric bud, Smad expression will be assessed in Wnt4 mutant kidney tissue, and in isolated mesenchymes grown on stably transfected fibroblasts expressing selective Wnt ..
- WNT SIGNALING SPECIFICITY IN DROSOPHILAStephen Dinardo; Fiscal Year: 2002..The third specific aim uses in vitro experiments involving transient transfection of tissue culture cells to ask whether previously identified components of the wingless signaling pathway can mediate Dwnt-4 signaling. ..
- Midline guidance of commissural axons by the wnt pathwayANNA LYUKSYUTOVA; Fiscal Year: 2005..commissural axons pathfinding behavior and growth cone dynamics in the presence of sFRPs or within Fz3-/- and Wnt4-/- KO spinal cords and to characterize the role of Wnt downstream signaling pathways in the anterior turn of ..
- The role of Wnt-4 signaling during cutaneous wound healingAnne Hocking; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CYTOKINES CONVERT EPITHELIAL PRECURSORS TO NEPHRONSJonathan M Barasch; Fiscal Year: 2010..We apply the basic ideas and tools of cell biologyto define the course of polarization and establish a fluorescent polarity mouse to evaluate the entire transition form mesenchyme to epithelia. ..
- Bone Strength Phenotypes in men: Genes and EnvironmentJoseph Zmuda; Fiscal Year: 2008..The improved understanding of the genetic regulation of bone strength that will emerge from the proposed project will yield fundamental insight into the basic mechanisms of male osteoporosis. ..
- Role of PAX2 in Mammary Development and CancerGARY SILBERSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, the possibility that PAX2 is a mammary tumor promoter will be evaluated, providing insights into mechanisms of breast cancer progression. ..
- Determinants of Bone Strength in Afro-Caribbean FamiliesJoseph Zmuda; Fiscal Year: 2004..The identification of these genes will likely yield fundamental insight on bone biology and may lead to the development of novel approaches to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of osteoporosis. ..
- FUNCTIONS OF SRY AND SRY INTERACTIVE PROTEIN GENESYun Fai Chris Lau; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the mechanisms of sex determination in mouse may shed insights on those in humans, and eventually may lead to developments of clinical diagnosis and treatment of gonadal dysgenesis and infertility. ..
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX AND RETINAL DEVELOPMENTDALE HUNTER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Together, it is anticipated that these lines of investigation should help to define the role of these extracellular matrix molecules in the development of the nervous system. ..