Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WIZ
Description: widely interspaced zinc finger motifs
Alias: ZNF803, protein Wiz, WIZ zinc finger, widely-interspaced zinc finger-containing protein, zinc finger protein 803
- Wiz binds active promoters and CTCF-binding sites and is required for normal behaviour in the mouseLuke Isbel
Department of Biochemistry and Genetics, La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, Melbourne, Australia
elife 5:. 2016We previously identified Wiz in a mouse screen for epigenetic modifiers. Due to its known association with G9a/GLP, Wiz is generally considered a transcriptional repressor...
- Reader interactome of epigenetic histone marks in birdsAlina Bluhm
Institute of Molecular Biology IMB, Mainz, Germany
Proteomics 16:427-36. 2016..The repressive marks are bound by the HP1 proteins and the EED subunit of the PRC2 complex as well as by WIZ. Like reported in the previous mammalian screens, we found ZNF462, ZNF828 and POGZ enriched at H3K9me3...
- A Role for Widely Interspaced Zinc Finger (WIZ) in Retention of the G9a Methyltransferase on ChromatinJeremy M Simon
From the Carolina Institute for Developmental Disabilities, Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, and the Department of Genetics, Curriculum in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599
J Biol Chem 290:26088-102. 2015..Widely interspaced zinc finger (WIZ) associates with the G9a-GLP protein complex, but its role in mediating lysine methylation is poorly defined...
- The zinc finger proteins ZNF644 and WIZ regulate the G9a/GLP complex for gene repressionChunjing Bian
Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, United States
elife 4:. 2015..In this study, with unbiased protein affinity purification, we found ZNF644 and WIZ as two core subunits in the G9a/GLP complex...
- Prostate cancer. Ubiquitylome analysis identifies dysregulation of effector substrates in SPOP-mutant prostate cancerJean Philippe P Theurillat
The Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 346:85-9. 2014..DEK stabilization promoted prostate epithelial cell invasion, which implicated DEK as an oncogenic effector. More generally, these results provide a framework to decipher tumorigenic mechanisms linked to dysregulated ubiquitylation. ..
- A proteomic characterization of factors enriched at nascent DNA moleculesAndrés J López-Contreras
Genomic Instability Group, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre, Madrid 28029, Spain
Cell Rep 3:1105-16. 2013..This resource provides a panoramic view of the proteins that concentrate in the surroundings of the replisome, which should facilitate future investigations on DNA replication and genome maintenance...
- Isolated bladder exstrophy associated with a de novo 0.9 Mb microduplication on chromosome 19p13.12Markus Draaken
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 97:133-9. 2013..In this study, we aimed to identify de novo causative copy number variations (CNVs) that contribute to the BEEC...
- A novel proteomics approach to identify SUMOylated proteins and their modification sites in human cellsFrederic Galisson
CNRS FRE3238, Institut Andre Lwoff, Villejuif, France
Mol Cell Proteomics 10:M110.004796. 2011....
- Identification of non-histone substrates for JMJD2A-C histone demethylasesV K Chaithanya Ponnaluri
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108 2718, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:280-4. 2009..substrate, trimethylated histone H3-lysine-9, JMJD2A-C demethylate trimethylated lysine containing peptides from WIZ, CDYL1, CSB and G9a proteins, all constituents of transcription repression complexes...
- Building better guidelines with BRIDGE-Wiz: development and evaluation of a software assistant to promote clarity, transparency, and implementabilityRichard N Shiffman
Yale Center for Medical Informatics, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:94-101. 2012....
- Coi-wiz: An interactive computer wizard for analyzing cardiac optical signalsXiaojing Yuan
University of Houston, Houston, TX 77024 USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:1828-31. 2009..The interactive GUI allows the researcher to identify the region of interest in both the spatial and temporal domain, thus enabling them to study different heart chamber at their choice...
- [Evaluation of soft tissue reactions to three nonabsorbable suture materials in a rabbit model]Cem Zeki Esenyel
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Vakif Gureba Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 43:366-72. 2009..We evaluated the inflammatory reactions induced by three commonly used nonabsorbable suture materials in a rabbit model...
- Isolation and characterization of a human gene containing a nuclear localization signal from the critical region for velo-cardio-facial syndrome on 22q11B Funke
Department of Molecular Genetics, Department of Cell Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York, 10461, USA
Genomics 53:146-54. 1998..The pattern of expression of NLVCF and its localization in the critical region suggest that NLVCF may contribute to the etiology of VCFS...
- A continuous protein methyltransferase (G9a) assay for enzyme activity measurement and inhibitor screeningArunkumar Dhayalan
Biochemistry Laboratory, School of Engineering and Science, Jacobs University Bremen, Bremen, Germany
J Biomol Screen 14:1129-33. 2009..a continuous protein methylation assay using the G9a protein lysine methyltransferase and its substrate protein WIZ (widely interspaced zinc finger motifs)...
- Study of apoptosis and related proteins, CRH and hpGH in placentas of newborns small for gestational age (SGA)Eva Barrio
Molecular Genetics Lab Uni Hosp Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Spain
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 6:337-42. 2009..In addition we have demonstrated this expression by immunohistochemical techniques...
- Protein lysine methyltransferase G9a acts on non-histone targetsPhilipp Rathert
Biochemistry Laboratory, School of Engineering and Science, Jacobs University Bremen, Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Nat Chem Biol 4:344-6. 2008..Using the specificity profile, we identified new non-histone protein targets of G9a, including CDYL1, WIZ, ACINUS and G9a (automethylation), as well as peptides derived from CSB...
- Role of the PLDLS-binding cleft region of CtBP1 in recruitment of core and auxiliary components of the corepressor complexM Kuppuswamy
Institute for Molecular Virology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Daisy Research Center, 1100 South Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:269-81. 2008..The auxiliary components include an HMTase complex (G9a/Wiz/CDYL) and two SUMO E3 ligases, HPC2 and PIAS1...
- Fast cloning inverted repeats for RNA interferenceSujin Bao
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
RNA 12:2020-4. 2006..Here we describe a pGEM-T-based vector, pGEM-WIZ, designed to produce inverted repeats for any Drosophila gene...
- Zinc finger protein Wiz links G9a/GLP histone methyltransferases to the co-repressor molecule CtBPJun Ueda
Experimental Research Center for Infectious Diseases, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:20120-8. 2006..We identified a novel G9a/GLP-associating zinc finger molecule named Wiz that can interact with G9a and GLP independently but is more stable in the G9a/GLP heteromeric complexes...
- Sequence organization and matrix attachment regions of the human serine protease inhibitor gene cluster at 14q32.1Stephanie J Namciu
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, A2 O25, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Mamm Genome 15:162-78. 2004..of the region, sequences with putative nuclear matrix-binding potential were identified by using the MAR-Wiz algorithm, and these MAR-Wiz candidate sequences were tested for nuclear matrix-binding activity in vitro...
- Insertional polymorphisms of ETn retrotransposons include a disruption of the wiz gene in C57BL/6 miceCorinna Baust
Terry Fox Laboratory, B C Cancer Agency, 601 West 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1L3 Canada
Mamm Genome 13:423-8. 2002..ETn I has not been found to be the cause of any mutations, prompting the suggestion that ETn II is the "mobile" family, whereas ETn I elements have lost the capacity to retrotranspose...
- A combination of genetic suppressor elements produces resistance to drugs inhibiting DNA replicationV V Levenson
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago 60607 7170, USA
Somat Cell Mol Genet 25:9-26. 1999..The four GSEs were derived from ORFX bromodomain protein gene, WIZ zinc finger protein gene, the gene for subunit 3 of cytochrome c oxidase, and the gene corresponding to an EST with no ..
- Molecular cloning and distinct developmental expression pattern of spliced forms of a novel zinc finger gene wiz in the mouse cerebellumK Matsumoto
Division of Structural Cell Biology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology NAIST, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 61:179-89. 1998..Since both mRNAs encode proteins with widely-interspaced zinc finger motifs, we termed this gene wiz and refer to the short and long wiz transcripts as wizS and wizL, respectively...
- Improving Guideline Development and ImplementationRichard N Shiffman; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the proposed activities focus on systems that will preferentially impact children - a particularly vulnerable population. ..