Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Willin
Description: FERM domain containing 6
Alias: C14orf31, EX1, Willin, c14_5320, FERM domain-containing protein 6, 4.1 ezrin radixin moesin (FERM)-containing protein, expanded homolog
Publications132 found, 100 shown here
- The gramicidin dimer shows both EX1 and EX2 mechanisms of H/D exchangeRaghu K Chitta
Department of Chemistry, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 20:1813-20. 2009..gramicidin that slowly converts to a second species that exchanges nearly all the active hydrogens, indicating EX1 kinetics for the H/D exchange...
- Genomic organization and expression of the human mono-ADP-ribosyltransferase ART3 geneMaik Friedrich
Institute of Biology II Department of Immunobiology, University of Leipzig, Talstrasse 33, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1759:270-80. 2006..AC112719). Twelve exons (ex1-12) were found to make up the coding region of the gene (one more than previously published)...
- False-positive reactions of some monoclonal anti-c reagentsE Strobel
Department Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Immunologie und Krankenhaushygiene, Medizet, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Munchen
Transfus Med 19:141-5. 2009..To resolve this discrepancy, we studied RHCE exon 1 (Ex1) and 2 from genomic DNA of one patient and performed quality controls of the false-positive reacting anti-c reagent...
- ATP production and efficiency of human skeletal muscle during intense exercise: effect of previous exerciseJ Bangsbo
Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, The August Krogh Institute, University of Copenhagen, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 280:E956-64. 2001..Six subjects performed two (EX1 and EX2) 3-min one-legged knee-extensor exercise bouts [66.2 +/- 3.9 and 66.1 +/- 3...
- Beyond the EX1 limit: probing the structure of high-energy states in protein unfoldingMatthew J Cliff
The Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, University Walk, BS8 1TD, Bristol, UK
J Mol Biol 336:497-508. 2004..and observed exchange rate is hyperbolic, with the limiting rate being that for global unfolding; the so-called EX1 limit...
- Effect of hypohydration on hyperthermic hyperpnea and cutaneous vasodilation during exercise in menNaoto Fujii
Institute of Health and Sports Science, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305 8574, Japan
J Appl Physiol (1985) 105:1509-18. 2008..The subjects performed two bouts of cycle exercise (Ex1 and Ex2, 30-60 min) at 50% peak oxygen uptake (Vo2 peak) in 35 degrees C separated by a 70- to 80-min rest period, ..
- Exon-intron organization and sequence comparison of human and murine T11 (CD2) genesD J Diamond
Laboratory of Immunobiology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:1615-9. 1988..Two exons encode the extracellular segment; exon Ex1 is 321 base pairs (bp) long and codes for four residues of the leader peptide and aa 1-103 of the mature protein, ..
- Analysis of the tissue distribution of the rat C5a receptor and inhibition of C5a-mediated effects through the use of two MoAbsE Rothermel
Department of Immunology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Kreuzbergring 57, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Scand J Immunol 52:401-10. 2000..The first antibody (MoAb R63) which is directed against the amino-terminal domain Ex1 of the rat C5aR was generated in mice immunized with RBL-2H3 cells which had been stably transfected with the rat ..
- Stabilization of native protein fold by intein-mediated covalent cyclizationNeal K Williams
Research School of Chemistry, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
J Mol Biol 346:1095-108. 2005..The amide proton exchange was found to follow EX1 kinetics at near-neutral pH, in agreement with an unusually slow refolding rate of less than 4 min(-1) measured by ..
- Thyroid papillary carcinoma recurring as squamous cell carcinoma: report of a caseShinzo Kitahara
Department of General and Digestive Surgery, Toho University, 6 11 1 Omori Nishi, Otaku, Tokyo, 143 8541, Japan
Surg Today 36:171-4. 2006..The papillary cancer of the right thyroid was histopathologically classified as T2a, N0, M0, Ex1; pT2a, pN1b, pEx1; Stage III...
- Dynamic motions of free and bound O29 scaffolding protein identified by hydrogen deuterium exchange mass spectrometryChi Yu Fu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Protein Sci 15:731-43. 2006..restricted cooperative opening motions as demonstrated by a switch in the exchange kinetics from correlated EX1 exchange to uncorrelated EX2 exchange...
- Protein structure and dynamics studied by mass spectrometry: H/D exchange, hydroxyl radical labeling, and related approachesLars Konermann
Department of Chemistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Mass Spectrom 43:1021-36. 2008..HDX patterns, a tool that can be helpful for the interpretation of isotope exchange data recorded under mixed EX1/EX2 conditions. Important aspects of ...
- Structural and kinetic mapping of side-chain exposure onto the protein energy landscapeRachel Bernstein
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:10532-7. 2011..as a kinetic partition: residues that become exposed only upon crossing the unfolding barrier are modified in the EX1 regime (alkylation rates report on the rate of unfolding), while those exposed on the native side of the barrier ..
- Willin and Par3 cooperatively regulate epithelial apical constriction through aPKC-mediated ROCK phosphorylationTakashi Ishiuchi
RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 13:860-6. 2011..The contractility of these cables is regulated by Rho-associated kinases (ROCKs). Here, we report that Willin (a FERM-domain protein) and Par3 (a polarity-regulating protein) cooperatively regulate ROCK-dependent apical ..
- Conformational transitions in the membrane scaffold protein of phospholipid bilayer nanodiscsChristopher R Morgan
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 10:M111.010876. 2011..Several regions of the scaffold protein, in both the lipid-free and lipid-associated states, displayed EX1 unfolding kinetics...
- Structure and dynamics of small soluble Aβ(1-40) oligomers studied by top-down hydrogen exchange mass spectrometryJingxi Pan
Department of Chemistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5B7, Canada
Biochemistry 51:3694-703. 2012..Hydrogen exchange proceeds in the EX1 regime. This feature allows the application of conformer-specific top-down MS...
- Nectins localize Willin to cell-cell junctionsTakashi Ishiuchi
RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Genes Cells 17:387-97. 2012b>Willin is a FERM-domain protein, which is related to the Drosophila Expanded, a protein known to be a component of the Hippo signaling pathway...
- Postexercise cooling interventions and the effects on exercise-induced heat stress in a temperate environmentChristophe Hausswirth
National Institute of Sport, for Expertise and Performance, Research Department, Paris, France
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37:965-75. 2012..HR), oxygen uptake , and minute ventilation were measured before (Pre), immediately after the first exercise bout (Ex1), the recovery (R), and after the second exercise bout (Ex2)...
- Detecting soluble polyQ oligomers and investigating their impact on living cells using split-GFPPatrick Lajoie
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1017:229-39. 2013..In this assay, exon 1 variants of Htt (Htt(ex1)) containing non-pathological or HD-associated polyQ lengths were fused to two different nonfluorescent fragments ..
- Whole body heat loss is reduced in older males during short bouts of intermittent exerciseJoanie Larose
Human and Environmental Physiology Research Unit, School of Human Kinetics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 305:R619-29. 2013..HE was lower in older males vs. young males during each exercise (Ex1: 283 ± 10 vs. 332 ± 11 kJ, Ex2: 334 ± 10 vs. 379 ± 5 kJ, Ex3: 347 ± 11 vs. 392 ± 5 kJ, and Ex4: 347 ± 10 vs...
- Ethylene response factor 6 is a regulator of reactive oxygen species signaling in ArabidopsisNasser Sewelam
Plant Microbe Interactions Laboratory, School of Agriculture and Food Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e70289. 2013..In contrast, MDAR3, CAT3, VTC2 and EX1 showed reduced expression levels in the erf6 mutant...
- Analysis of overlapped and noisy hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectraMiklos Guttman
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 98195, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 24:1906-12. 2013..The improved processing algorithms also provide an efficient method for deconvolution of bimodal mass envelopes and EX1 kinetic signatures...
- Genetic analysis of quantitative phenotypes in AD and MCI: imaging, cognition and biomarkersLi Shen
Center for Neuroimaging and Indiana Alzheimer s Disease Center, Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Indiana University School of Medicine, 355 W 16th Street, Suite 4100, Indianapolis, IN, 46202, USA
Brain Imaging Behav 8:183-207. 2014....
- A genome-wide gene-environment interaction analysis for tobacco smoke and lung cancer susceptibilityRuyang Zhang
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Ministry of Education MOE Key Lab for Modern Toxicology, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Carcinogenesis 35:1528-35. 2014....
- Diminished nitric oxide-dependent sweating in older males during intermittent exercise in the heatJill M Stapleton
Human and Environmental Physiology Research Unit, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Exp Physiol 99:921-32. 2014..older men (64 ± 5 years old), matched for body surface area, performed three successive 15 min bouts of exercise (Ex1, Ex2 and Ex3) at the same rate of metabolic heat production (300 W m(-2)) in the heat (35°C, 20% relative humidity)..
- Uncoupling High Light Responses from Singlet Oxygen Retrograde Signaling and Spatial-Temporal Systemic Acquired AcclimationMelanie Carmody
Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology, Research School of Biology, Australian National University, Canberra, ACTON ACT 0200, Australia M C, P C, D G, M G, V A B, B J P Division of Plant Biology, Viikki Plant Science Center, Department of Biosciences, University of Helsinki, FI 00014 Helsinki, Finland M C andCEA, CNRS, Aix Marseille Universite, UMR 7265 Biologie Végétale et Microbiologie Environnementales, Laboratoire d Ecophysiologie Moléculaire des Plantes, F 13108 Saint Paul lez Durance, France S A, M H
Plant Physiol 171:1734-49. 2016..Analysis of a thylakoidal ascorbate peroxidase mutant (tapx), the (1)O2-retrograde signaling double mutant (ex1/ex2), and an apoplastic signaling double mutant (rbohD/F) revealed that tAPX and EXECUTER 1 are required for both ..
- Singlet oxygen- and EXECUTER1-mediated signaling is initiated in grana margins and depends on the protease FtsH2Liangsheng Wang
Boyce Thompson Institute, Ithaca, NY 14853 1801
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E3792-800. 2016..documented in the fluorescent (flu) mutant of Arabidopsis It strictly depends on the chloroplast protein EXECUTER1 (EX1) and happens under nonphotoinhibitory light conditions...
- Willing to Be Involved in CancerFrank J Gunn-Moore
Medical and Biological Sciences Building, School of Biology, University of St Andrews, St Andrews KY16 9TF, UK
Genes (Basel) 7:. 2016..One such experiment uncovered the gene product called willin/human Expanded/FRMD6...
- Mapping Variation in Cellular and Transcriptional Response to 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 in Peripheral Blood Mononuclear CellsSilvia N Kariuki
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0159779. 2016..Overall, the variants identified in this study are strong candidates for immune traits and diseases linked to vitamin D, such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Conformational dynamics and self-association of intrinsically disordered Huntingtin exon 1 in cellsSteffen Büning
Department of Physical Chemistry II, Ruhr University Bochum, Universitaetsstraße 150, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
Phys Chem Chem Phys . 2017..A key feature of the disease is the intracellular aggregation of the Huntingtin exon 1 protein (Httex1) into micrometer sized inclusion bodies...
- Cloning and functional analysis of Asa373, a novel adhesin unrelated to the other sex pheromone plasmid-encoded aggregation substances of Enterococcus faecalisA Muscholl-Silberhorn
Universitat Regensburg, NWFIII Mikrobiologie, Universitatsstrasse 31, D 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Mol Microbiol 34:620-30. 1999..6 kDa vs 137 kDa for pAD1-encoded Asa1) in cell aggregation, an expression vector, pERM-ex1, was constructed, allowing reliable and stable expression of proteins in E. faecalis. The expression of Asa373 in E...
- Vps4 disassembles an ESCRT-III filament by global unfolding and processive translocationBei Yang
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 22:492-8. 2015..b>EX1 exchange behavior shows that Vps4 completely unfolds ESCRT-III substrates on a time scale consistent with the ..
- Tuning Cooperativity on the Free Energy Landscape of Protein FoldingPooja Malhotra
National Centre for Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bengaluru 560065, India
Biochemistry 54:3431-41. 2015..Mass distributions obtained in the EX1 limit of exchange have allowed a direct distinction between correlated (cooperative) and uncorrelated (..
- Probing the human receptor for C5a anaphylatoxin with site-directed antibodies. Identification of a potential ligand binding site on the NH2-terminal domainM Oppermann
Department of Immunology, University of Gottingen, FRG
J Immunol 151:3785-94. 1993..by C5a inhibited only the binding of antibodies that were specific for the receptor's aminoterminal domain (C5aR-EX1). The anti-EX1 mAb S5/1 effectively antagonized C5a/C5a(desArg) biological activity...
- Oxidative metabolism and anaerobic glycolysis during repeated exerciseJ Rico-Sanz
August Krogh Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Physiol Biochem 54:217-25. 1998..Eight subjects performed three 2-min bouts of cycling (EX1-EX3) at an intensity corresponding to about 125 % of VO2 max separated by 15 min of rest...
- Equilibrium amide hydrogen exchange and protein folding kineticsY Bai
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
J Biomol NMR 15:65-70. 1999..Linderstrøm-Lang hydrogen exchange (HX) model is extended to describe the relationship between the HX behaviors (EX1 and EX2) and protein folding kinetics for the amide protons that can only exchange by global unfolding in a three-..
- pH and urea dependence of amide hydrogen-deuterium exchange rates in the beta-trefoil protein hisactophilinR Scott Houliston
Guelph Waterloo Centre for Graduate Work in Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Biochemistry 41:1182-94. 2002..and folding, EX2 is the main exchange mechanism in hisactophilin, but there is also evidence for varying levels of EX1 exchange at low and high pH and high urea concentrations...
- Impact of elevated ambient temperatures on the acute immune response to intensive endurance exerciseA M Niess
Medizinische Universitatsklinik, Abteilung Rehabilitative und Präventive Sportmedizin, Universitat Freiburg, Hugstetter Str 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Appl Physiol 89:344-51. 2003..3 (61.3-71.3) ml.kg(-1).min(-1)] performed two 60-min treadmill runs (75% .VO(2max)) in two different environments (EX1: 18 degrees C/50% room temperature/relative humidity and EX2: 28 degrees C/50% room temperature/relative humidity) ..
- Conformational dynamics of partially denatured myoglobin studied by time-resolved electrospray mass spectrometry with online hydrogen-deuterium exchangeDouglas A Simmons
Department of Chemistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5B7, Canada
Biochemistry 42:5896-905. 2003..A combination of EX1 and EX2 behavior was observed for hMb ions in charge states 7+ to 9+, which predominantly represent nativelike hMb ..
- EX1 hydrogen exchange and protein foldingDebra M Ferraro
Department of Biochemistry, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Biochemistry 43:587-94. 2004..The kinetic model for slow hydrogen exchange has two limits, called EX2 and EX1, wherein the thermodynamics and kinetics of protein motions, respectively, are reported by the exchange data...
- Potassium kinetics in human muscle interstitium during repeated intense exercise in relation to fatigueMagni Mohr
Institute of Exercise and Sport Sciences, Department of Human Physiology, August Krogh Institute, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 13, 2100, Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
Pflugers Arch 448:452-6. 2004..6+/-4.1 W; mean+/-SEM), one-legged knee extension exercise bouts (EX1, EX2 and EX3) to exhaustion separated by 10-min recovery periods...
- Endothelin-1 gene and progression of blood pressure and left ventricular mass: longitudinal findings in youthYanbin Dong
Georgia Prevention Institute Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912 3710, USA
Hypertension 44:884-90. 2004..Four common single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) including T-1370G, +138/ex1 del/ins, T-37/in2C, and Lys198Asn were included in this study...
- Wearing a cooling jacket during exercise reduces thermal strain and improves endurance exercise performance in a warm environmentHiroshi Hasegawa
Laboratory of Exercise Physiology, Faculty of Integrated Arts and Sciences, Hiroshima University, Higashihiroshima, Japan
J Strength Cond Res 19:122-8. 2005..Nine untrained male subjects cycled for 60 minutes at 60% Vo(2)max (Ex1) and then immediately exercised to exhaustion at 80% Vo(2)max (Ex2) in 32.0 +/- 0...
- Association between glaucoma and gene polymorphism of endothelin type A receptorKarin Ishikawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Vis 11:431-7. 2005..We investigated whether gene polymorphisms of ET-1 (EDN1) and its receptors ETA (EDNRA) and ETB (EDNRB) were associated with glaucoma phenotypes and clinical features...
- Cooperative alpha-helix unfolding in a protein-DNA complex from hydrogen-deuterium exchangeRoberto K Salinas
Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Protein Sci 15:1752-9. 2006..In the EX1 limit, observed exchange rates become pH-independent and exclusively sensitive to local structure fluctuations that ..
- Identification and characterization of EX1 kinetics in H/D exchange mass spectrometry by peak width analysisDavid D Weis
Department of Chemistry, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 17:1498-509. 2006Proteins that undergo cooperative unfolding events display EX1 kinetic signatures in hydrogen exchange mass spectra...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor gene polymorphisms affect lung cancer riskJin Hee Kim
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 799, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 56:9-15. 2007..of AhR related to the carcinogen metabolism and cell proliferation, genotypes of three AhR polymorphisms Ex1+185A>G, IVS7+33T>G and Ex10+501G>A were determined in 616 lung cancer cases and 616 lung cancer-free ..
- A case-control investigation of immune function gene polymorphisms and risk of testicular germ cell tumorsMark P Purdue
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services, EPS 8009, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20892 7234, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:77-83. 2007..01-2.95; P(trend) = 0.05); additionally, haplotypes of the assessed TGFB1 SNPs (-509C>T, 327C>T, Ex1-282C>G, and Ex5-73C>T) differed in frequency between cases and controls (all TGCT, P 0.07; seminoma, P 0...
- Interleukin-4 and interleukin-4 receptor polymorphisms and colorectal cancer riskStefano Landi
Genetics Department of Biology, University of Pisa, Via S Giuseppe 22, 56126, Pisa, Italy
Eur J Cancer 43:762-8. 2007..a case-control association study by genotyping, with the 5' nuclease assay, two common SNPs within IL4 (-588C>T, Ex1-168G>A) and five SNPs within IL4R (I75V, C431R, S436L, S503P, Q576R) in 377 cases of colorectal cancer and 326 ..
- EXECUTER1- and EXECUTER2-dependent transfer of stress-related signals from the plastid to the nucleus of Arabidopsis thalianaKeun Pyo Lee
Institute of Plant Sciences, Plant Genetics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10270-5. 2007..Like EXECUTER1, EXECUTER2 is confined to the plastid. Inactivation of both EXECUTER proteins in the ex1/ex2/flu triple mutant is sufficient to suppress the up-regulation of almost all (1)O2-responsive genes...
- Partially folded states of staphylococcal nuclease highlight the conserved structural hierarchy of OB-fold proteinsEmma Watson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 3125, USA
Biochemistry 46:9484-94. 2007..with the slowest unfolding rates in the three proteins, as determined by hydrogen exchange experiments in the EX1 limit...
- Inspiratory muscle training improves cycling time-trial performance and anaerobic work capacity but not critical powerMichael A Johnson
School of Science and Technology, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, NG11 8NS, UK
Eur J Appl Physiol 101:761-70. 2007..Constant-power tests were prescribed to elicit exercise intolerance within 3-10 (Ex1), 10-20 (Ex2), and 20-30 (Ex3) min. Maximal inspiratory mouth pressure increased by (mean +/- SD) 17.1 +/- 12...
- Core temperature differences between males and females during intermittent exercise: physical considerationsDaniel Gagnon
Laboratory of Human Bioenergetics and Environmental Physiology, School of Human Kinetics, University of Ottawa, 125 University PVT, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Eur J Appl Physiol 105:453-61. 2009..Six males (M) and six females (F) performed three 30-min bouts of exercise (Ex1, Ex2, Ex3) at a constant rate of metabolic heat production (M - W) of approximately 500 W separated by three 15-min ..
- Characterization of ACC deaminase from the biocontrol and plant growth-promoting agent Trichoderma asperellum T203Ada Viterbo
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, The Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
FEMS Microbiol Lett 305:42-8. 2010..Escherichia coli bacteria carrying the intron-free cDNA of Tas-acdS cloned into the vector pAlter-EX1 under the control of the tac promoter revealed specific ACC deaminase (ACCD) activity and the ability to promote ..
- Genome-wide and gene-based association implicates FRMD6 in Alzheimer diseaseMun Gwan Hong
Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Mutat 33:521-9. 2012....
- Effect of exercise training volume on arterial contractility and BK(Ca) channel activity in rat thoracic aorta smooth muscle cellsLijun Shi
Department of Exercise Physiology, Beijing Sport University, Beijing 100084, People s Republic of China
Eur J Appl Physiol 112:3667-78. 2012..Training rats were divided into two groups, exercising 3 days/week (EX1) and 5 days/week (EX2)...
- Localized hydration in lyophilized myoglobin by hydrogen-deuterium exchange mass spectrometry. 2. Exchange kineticsAndreas M Sophocleous
Department of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47901, USA
Mol Pharm 9:727-33. 2012..In contrast, in mannitol-containing samples, a smaller non-native subpopulation exchanges by an EX1-like mechanism...
- Beta conformation of polyglutamine track revealed by a crystal structure of Huntingtin N-terminal region with insertion of three histidine residuesMeewhi Kim
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX, USA
Prion 7:221-8. 2013..neurodegenerative disorder caused by a polyglutamine (polyQ) expansion (> 35Q) in the first exon (EX1) of huntingtin protein (Htt)...
- Physiological responses and performance in a simulated trampoline gymnastics competition in elite male gymnastsPeter Jensen
a Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports NEXS, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Sports Sci 31:1761-9. 2013..Fifteen elite trampoline gymnasts participated, of which eight completed two routines (EX1 and EX2) and a competition final (EX3). Trampoline-specific activities were quantified by video-analysis...
- DNA mismatch repair network gene polymorphism as a susceptibility factor for pancreatic cancerXiaoqun Dong
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Mol Carcinog 51:491-9. 2012..05). Adjusting for multiple comparisons, MGMT I143V AG/GG, PMS2 IVS1-1121C > T TC/TT, and PMS2L3 Ex1 + 118C > T CT/TT genotypes showed significant main effects on pancreatic cancer risk at FDR <1% with OR (..
- Origin of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma from atypical flat lesions: a comparative study in transgenic mice and human tissuesMichaela Aichler
Institute of Pathology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Neuherberg, Germany
J Pathol 226:723-34. 2012..of the putative and already established (PanIN) precursor lesions were performed in the Kras(G12D/+) ; Ptf1a-Cre(ex1/+) mouse model and in human tissues, focusing on lineage markers, developmental pathways, cell cycle regulators, ..
- A genome-wide association study of the Protein C anticoagulant pathwayGeorgios Athanasiadis
Unit of Genomics of Complex Diseases, Research Institute, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e29168. 2011....
- RpgrORF15 connects to the usher protein network through direct interactions with multiple whirlin isoformsRachel N Wright
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:1519-29. 2012..The RPGR transcript undergoes complex alternative splicing to express both constitutive (Rpgr(ex1-19)) and Rpgr(ORF15) variants...
- Recovery from cycling exercise: effects of carbohydrate and protein beveragesQingnian Goh
Department of Kinesiology, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807, USA
Nutrients 4:568-84. 2012..Twelve male cyclists (VO(2peak): 65 ± 7 mL/kg/min) completed ~1 h of high-intensity intervals (EX1)...
- Evaluation of a partial genome screening of two asthma susceptibility regions using bayesian network based bayesian multilevel analysis of relevanceIldikó Ungvári
Department of Genetics, Cell and Immunobiology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
PLoS ONE 7:e33573. 2012....
- Human homolog of Drosophila expanded, hEx, functions as a putative tumor suppressor in human cancer cell lines independently of the Hippo pathwayS Visser-Grieve
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 31:1189-95. 2012..Only recently has human Expanded (hEx), also known as FRMD6 or Willin, been identified...
- Efficient acclimation of the chloroplast antioxidant defence of Arabidopsis thaliana leaves in response to a 10- or 100-fold light increment and the possible involvement of retrograde signalsMarie Luise Oelze
Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants, Bielefeld University, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
J Exp Bot 63:1297-313. 2012..Mutants defective in components relevant for retrograde signalling, namely stn7, ex1, tpt1, and a mutant expressing E ...
- Allosteric coextraction of sodium and metal ions with calixarene derivatives 2: first numerical evaluation for the allosteric effect on alkali metal extraction with crossed carboxylic acid type calixarenesTomoaki Yoneyama
Department of Chemistry and Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Saga University, 1 Honjo, Saga 840 8502, Japan
Talanta 88:121-8. 2012..The extraction equilibrium constants, K(ex1) and K(ex2), between the present cyclic tetramers and the extracted two alkali metal ions were estimated in order ..
- Proofreading-defective DNA polymerase II increases adaptive mutation in Escherichia coliP L Foster
Department of Environmental Health, Boston University School of Public Health, MA 02118 2394, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7951-5. 1995..Mutations produced by both Pol III and Pol II ex1 were corrected by the mutHLS mismatch repair system.
- Hydrogen exchange kinetics of proteins in denaturants: a generalized two-process modelH Qian
Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Mol Biol 286:607-16. 1999..This novel model is applicable to the traditional equilibrium HX measurements in both EX2 and EX1 regimes, and also the recently introduced transient pulse-labeling HX experiments...
- Triterpene antioxidants from ganoderma lucidumM Zhu
Department of Pharmacy, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, China
Phytother Res 13:529-31. 1999..The powdered crude drug was treated with boiling water and the aqueous extract (Ex1) was further separated to obtain terpene and polysaccharide fractions...
- Direct evidence for the cooperative unfolding of cytochrome c in lipid membranes from H-(2)H exchange kineticsT J Pinheiro
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
J Mol Biol 303:617-26. 2000..distinct populations of deuterated and protonated species by mass spectrometry confirms that exchange occurs via an EX1 mechanism with a common rate of 1(+/-0...
- A kinetic folding intermediate probed by native state hydrogen exchangeM J Parker
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 229 Stanley Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Mol Biol 305:593-602. 2001..Under EX1 conditions the rates of HX for these amides tend towards an asymptote that matches the global unfolding rate ..
- Mutational spectrum of the EPM2A gene in progressive myoclonus epilepsy of Lafora: high degree of allelic heterogeneity and prevalence of deletionsP Gomez-Garre
Servicio de Neurologia, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Hum Genet 8:946-54. 2000..mutations: three missense (F84L, G240S and P301L), one nonsense (Y86stop), three < 40 bp microdeletions (K90fs, Ex1-32bpdel, Ex1-33bpdel), and two deletions affecting the entire exon 1 (Ex1-del1 and Ex1-del2)...
- Exon-intron organization of TRGC genes in sheepM C Miccoli
DAPEG, Sezione di Genetica, University of Bari, Via Amendola 165 A, 70126 Bari, Italy
Immunogenetics 53:416-22. 2001..complete cDNA sequences of sheep and deduced the exon-intron organization of TRGC genes in this ruminant animal, EX1, corresponding to the disulfide-linked constant domain, and EX3, corresponding to the transmembrane and ..
- Influence of training on NIRS muscle oxygen saturation during submaximal exerciseF Costes
Laboratoire de Physiologie, GIP Exercice, Faculte de Medecine, université J Monnet, Saint Etienne, France
Med Sci Sports Exerc 33:1484-9. 2001..We examined this effect by determining the influence of change in blood lactate and muscle capillary density with training on IR-SO(2) in seven healthy young subjects...
- Three novel deletions in the alanine:glyoxylate aminotransferase gene of three patients with type 1 hyperoxaluriaM B Coulter-Mackie
Department of Pediatrics, British Columbia Children s Hospital, University of British Columbia, 4480 Oak Street, Room 2F22, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 3V4
Mol Genet Metab 74:314-21. 2001..A 2-bp deletion in exon 11 (1125-1126del CG, cDNA) results in a frameshift. A deletion of at least 5-6 kb, EX1 EX5del, spanned exons 1-5 and contiguous upstream sequence...
- Allantoin formation and urate and glutathione exchange in human muscle during submaximal exerciseY Hellsten
Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, August Krogh Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Free Radic Biol Med 31:1313-22. 2001Seven males performed two exhaustive cycling bouts (EX1 and EX2) at a work-rate of 90% of maximal oxygen uptake, separated by 60 min. During EX1 there was a significant accumulation of urate (from 0.16 +/- 0.02 to 0.27 +/- 0...
- Native state EX2 and EX1 hydrogen exchange of Escherichia coli CspA, a small beta-sheet proteinHector M Rodriguez
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Biochemistry 41:2140-8. 2002..before chemical exchange (EX2 exchange), to high pH, where exchange is dictated by the rate of unfolding (EX1 exchange). Rates of folding and unfolding were determined for 11 residues...
- Validity and reproducibility of a laser fluorescence system for detecting the activity of white-spot lesions on free smooth surfaces in vivoCamila Pinelli
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Brazil
Caries Res 36:19-24. 2002..The intra-examiner agreement for the laser evaluation was substantial (kappa(ex1) = 0.79, kappa(ex2) = 0.71)...
- Effects of moderate hyperoxia on oxygen consumption during submaximal and maximal exerciseF Prieur
Laboratoire d Analyse Multidisciplinaire des Pratiques Sportives, UFR STAPS, Université d Artois, Chemin du Marquage, 62800 Lievin, France
Eur J Appl Physiol 88:235-42. 2002..They also performed four 12-min bouts of CWRE at 40, 55, 70 and 85% of normoxic VO(2max) (ex1, ex2, ex3 and ex4, respectively) in normoxia and in hyperoxia. VO(2max) was significantly improved by 15.0 (15...
- Progressive decrease of intramyocellular accumulation of H+ and Pi in human skeletal muscle during repeated isotonic exerciseJ Rico-Sanz
Copenhagen Muscle Research Center, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen DK 2100, Denmark
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 284:C1490-6. 2003..The exercise bouts (EX1-4) of 3 min and 18 s were separated by 3 min and 54 s of complete rest...
- Abnormal splicing of ABCA1 pre-mRNA in Tangier disease due to a IVS2 +5G>C mutation in ABCA1 geneSerena Altilia
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Rome, Italy
J Lipid Res 44:254-64. 2003..To investigate the in vitro effect of IVS2 +5G>C mutation, we constructed two ABCA1 minigenes encompassing Ex1-Ex3 region, one with wild-type (WTgene) and the other with mutant (MTgene) intron 2...
- Dissociation between the time courses of femoral artery blood flow and pulmonary VO2 during repeated bouts of heavy knee extension exercise in humansYoshiyuki Fukuba
Department of Exercise Science and Physiology, School of Health Sciences, Hiroshima Prefectural Women s University, 1 1 71, Ujina higashi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8558, Japan
Exp Physiol 89:243-53. 2004..6-min KE exercise bouts in a supine position (work rate: 70-75% of peak power) separated by a 6-min baseline rest (EX1 to EX2)...
- Changes in ventilatory responses to hypercapnia and hypoxia after intermittent hypoxia in humansKeisho Katayama
Research Center of Health, Physical Fitness and Sports, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 146:55-65. 2005..Twenty-nine males were assigned to one of four groups, i.e., a hypoxic (EX1-H, n=7) or a control (EX1-C, n=7) group in Experiment 1, and a hypoxic (EX2-H, n=8) or a control (EX2-C, n=7) group ..
- Repeat exercise normalizes the gas-exchange impairment induced by a previous exercise bout in asthmatic subjectsH C Haverkamp
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 99:1843-52. 2005..treadmill exercise to exhaustion at a workload that elicited approximately 90% of each subject's maximal O2 uptake (EX1)...
- The effects of carbohydrate supplementation during the second of two prolonged cycling bouts on immunoendocrine responsesTzai Li Li
Institute School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Loughborough University, Loughborough, LE11 3TU, UK
Eur J Appl Physiol 95:391-9. 2005..this study was to examine the effect of carbohydrate (CHO) feeding during the second of two 90-min cycling bouts (EX1 started at 09:00 and EX2 started at 13:30) at 60% VO2max on leucocyte redistribution, neutrophil degranulation and ..
- The tumour-suppressor genes NF2/Merlin and Expanded act through Hippo signalling to regulate cell proliferation and apoptosisFisun Hamaratoglu
Program in Developmental Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:27-36. 2006..Our genetic and biochemical data place Merlin and Expanded upstream of Hippo and identify a pathway through which they act as tumour-suppressor genes...
- Developmental and tissue expression of Xenopus laevis RPGRXinhua Shu
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:348-56. 2006..The present study examined the developmental and tissue expression of the retinitis pigmentosa GTPase regulator (RPGR) gene in Xenopus laevis...
- Extranodal tumor extension to adjacent organs predicts a worse cause-specific survival in patients with papillary thyroid carcinomaYasuhiro Ito
Department of Surgery, Kuma Hospital, 8 2 35, Shimoyamate dor, Chuo Ku, Kobe City, Japan
World J Surg 31:1194-201. 2007..In this study we investigated the clinical significance of extranodal tumor extension to adjacent organs (nodal ex) in papillary thyroid carcinoma...
- Genetic polymorphisms in alcohol metabolism, alcohol intake and the risk of stomach cancer in Warsaw, PolandFang Fang Zhang
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Int J Cancer 121:2060-4. 2007..ADH1B (Ex9+5C>T, Ex3+23A>G, Ex3+58A>T and Ex9+77A>G), ADH1C (Ex8-56A>G and Ex6-14G>A) and ALDH2 (Ex1+82A>G), on levels of alcohol drinking and susceptibility of stomach cancer...
- Hyperinsulinaemia during exercise does not suppress hepatic glycogen concentrations in patients with type 1 diabetes: a magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyK Chokkalingam
Centre for Integrated Systems Biology and Medicine, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Diabetologia 50:1921-9. 2007..We compared in vivo changes in liver glycogen concentration during exercise between patients with type 1 diabetes and healthy volunteers...
- PIK3CA and PTEN mutations in adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast metastatic to kidneySemir Vranic
Department of Pathology, Clinical Center of University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo 71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hum Pathol 38:1425-31. 2007..The mutation identified in PIK3CA (Ex1+169 A>C) predicts an amino acid change from isoleucine to methionine at codon 31 (I31M) and resides in the p85-..
- Molecular and supramolecular structural studies on human tropoelastin sequencesAngela Ostuni
Department of Chemistry, University of Basilicata, Potenza, Italy
Biophys J 93:3640-51. 2007..decapeptide and an octadecapeptide-whose sequences are contained in the longer EX30 peptide and on a polypeptide (EX1-7) of 125 amino-acid residues corresponding to the sequence coded by the exons 1-7 and on a polypeptide (EX2-7) of ..
- Drosophila NAT1, a homolog of the vertebrate translational regulator NAT1/DAP5/p97, is required for embryonic germband extension and metamorphosisNami Yoshikane
Division of Morphogenesis, Department of Developmental Biology, National Institute for Basic Biology, The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Nishigonaka Myodaijicho, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 49:623-34. 2007..were also found, including defective head eversion and salivary gland degeneration in the hypomorphic allele dNAT(ex1)...
- Sweat mineral-element responses during 7 h of exercise-heat stressScott J Montain
Military Nutrition Div, US Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Natick, MA 01760 5007, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 17:574-82. 2007..Uncertainty exists regarding the effect of sustained sweating on sweat mineral-element composition...
- Allelic variation of the Waxy gene in foxtail millet [Setaria italica (L.) P. Beauv.] by single nucleotide polymorphismsK Van
Department of Plant Science, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Sillim dong, Gwanak Gu, Seoul, 151 921, The Republic of Korea
Mol Genet Genomics 279:255-66. 2008..Additionally, the insertion of transposable element in waxy was confirmed by ex1/TSI2R, TSI2F/ex2, ex2int2/TSI7R and TSI7F/ex4r...
- Destabilizing mutations alter the hydrogen exchange mechanism in ribonuclease AMarta Bruix
Instituto de Quimica Fisica Rocasolano, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Biophys J 94:2297-305. 2008..in RNase A and the V108G variant exchange via the EX2 regime, whereas those of I106A exchange through a mixed EX1 + EX2 process. It is striking that a single point mutation can alter the overall exchange mechanism...
- Effect of training frequency on endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation in ratsErwan Heylen
EA3879, Group Vascular Endothelium, Exercise, Nutrition, Health, Brest, France
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 15:52-8. 2008..Whether the frequency of exercise affects endothelial function is unclear. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of various frequencies of training on endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation...
- Effect of exercise training on cutaneous microcirculation in ratsE Heylen
Unit of Comparative and Integrative Physiology E A 3879, Vascular Endothelium Exercise Group, Nutrition Health and G I S Movement Sciences, Brest, France
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 48:246-51. 2008..Therefore, we investigated the effect of chronic and regular aerobic exercise on cutaneous microvascular endothelial function in rats...
- No single way to understand singlet oxygen signalling in plantsChanhong Kim
Institute of Plant Sciences, ETH Zurich, Universitatsstrasse 2, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO Rep 9:435-9. 2008..Conversely, responses due to higher cytotoxic levels of singlet oxygen are not suppressed in the ex1/ex2 background...
- AMPA receptor attenuation as a new therapeutic approach for Batten diseaseDavid A Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Cln3-loss-of-function (Cln3 ?ex1-6) mouse model of juvenile Batten disease exhibits many characteristic features of the human disorder including a ..
- Transdisciplinary Imaging Genetics Center (1 of 2)(RMI)Steven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new knowledge generated by the Center holds considerable promise for improving diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..