Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WDR77
Description: WD repeat domain 77
Alias: HKMT1069, MEP-50, MEP50, Nbla10071, p44, p44/Mep50, methylosome protein 50, WD repeat-containing protein 77, androgen receptor cofactor p44, testis tissue sperm-binding protein Li 44a
Publications238 found, 100 shown here
- APE1/Ref-1 interacts with NPM1 within nucleoli and plays a role in the rRNA quality control processCarlo Vascotto
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of Udine, P le Kolbe 4, 33100 Udine, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 29:1834-54. 2009..Our data demonstrate that APE1 affects cell growth by directly acting on RNA quality control mechanisms, thus affecting gene expression through posttranscriptional mechanisms...
- Crystal structure of the human PRMT5:MEP50 complexStephen Antonysamy
Lilly Biotechnology Center, Eli Lilly and Company, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:17960-5. 2012..We have determined the crystal structure of human PRMT5 in complex with MEP50 (methylosome protein 50), bound to an S-adenosylmethionine analog and a peptide substrate derived from histone H4...
- Roles of the androgen receptor cofactor p44 in the growth of prostate epithelial cellsLiran Zhou
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard 173, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 37:283-300. 2006..Here, we found that AR cofactor (p44) translocation from the nucleus to the cytoplasm in prostate epithelial cells (ECs) is associated with prostate ..
- The histone variant mH2A1.1 interferes with transcription by down-regulating PARP-1 enzymatic activityKhalid Ouararhni
Laboratoire Epigénétique et Cancer, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique FRE 2944, 94801 Villejuif, France
Genes Dev 20:3324-36. 2006..mH2A1.1 recruits PARP-1 to the promoter, thereby inactivating it. Upon heat shock, the Hsp70.1 promoter-bound PARP-1 is released to activate transcription through ADP-ribosylation of other Hsp70.1 promoter-bound proteins...
- Purification and identification of a novel complex which is involved in androgen receptor-dependent transcriptionKeiko Hosohata
Department of Cancer Biology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:7019-29. 2003..AR transcriptional activity, we used an immunoprecipitation method and identified a 44-kDa protein, designated p44, as a new AR-interacting protein...
- A novel WD repeat protein component of the methylosome binds Sm proteinsWestley J Friesen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6148, USA
J Biol Chem 277:8243-7. 2002..Here, we describe a novel component of the methylosome, a 50-kilodalton WD repeat protein termed methylosome protein 50 (MEP50)...
- Distinct nuclear and cytoplasmic functions of androgen receptor cofactor p44 and association with androgen-independent prostate cancerYi Peng
Departments of Pathology and Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10010, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5236-41. 2008..We recently identified p44/MEP50 as an AR coactivator and further showed that it is expressed primarily in the nucleus and cytoplasm of benign ..
- CpG-binding protein (CXXC finger protein 1) is a component of the mammalian Set1 histone H3-Lys4 methyltransferase complex, the analogue of the yeast Set1/COMPASS complexJeong Heon Lee
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41725-31. 2005....
- Nuclear transport signals control cellular localization and function of androgen receptor cofactor p44/WDR77Zhongping Gu
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22395. 2011The androgen receptor (AR) cofactor p44/WDR77, which regulates expression of a set of androgen target genes, is required for differentiation of prostate epithelium...
- The expression and function of androgen receptor coactivator p44 and protein arginine methyltransferase 5 in the developing testis and testicular tumorsJohn J Liang
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, NY, USA
J Urol 177:1918-22. 2007The role of androgen receptor coactivators in testicular development and cancer formation is unclear. p44/Mep50 was identified as an androgen receptor coactivator that functions in a complex with protein arginine methyltransferase 5...
- Atypical protein kinase C-zeta stimulates thyrotropin-independent proliferation in rat thyroid cellsN Fernandez
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6160, USA
Endocrinology 141:146-52. 2000..Cells overexpressing PKCzeta show higher levels of phosphorylated p42/p44 MAPK compared with vector-transfected cells...
- Prevalence of Anaplasma phagocytophilum and its coinfection with Borrelia afzelii in Ixodes ricinus and Ixodes persulcatus ticks inhabiting Tver Province (Russia) - a sympatric region for both tick speciesToshiyuki Masuzawa
Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiba Institute of Science CIS, Choshi 288 0025, Japan
J Med Microbiol 57:986-91. 2008..In this study, p44/msp2 paralogues specific to A. phagocytophilum and 5S-23S rRNA gene-intergenic spacers specific to B...
- Negative regulation by p70 S6 kinase of FGF-2-stimulated VEGF release through stress-activated protein kinase/c-Jun N-terminal kinase in osteoblastsShinji Takai
Department of Pharmacy, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, and Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Hospital for Geriatric Medicine, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 22:337-46. 2007..In this study, we show that p70 S6 kinase activated by FGF-2 negatively regulates VEGF release through SAPK/JNK in osteoblasts...
- Rapid mitogen-activated protein kinase by basic fibroblast growth factor in rat intestine after ischemia/reperfusion injuryXiao bing Fu
Wound Healing and Cell Biology Laboratory, 304 Hospital, Burns Institute, Trauma Center of Postgraduate Medical College, 51 Fu Cheng Road, Beijing 100037, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1312-7. 2003....
- [Mechanism of regulation of hepatoma cell cycle by XPD/P44 subcomplex : an in vitro experiment]Hong Yun Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Jiangxi Provincial Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Nanchang University, Nanchang 330006, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:1997-2001. 2008To explore the effects of xeroderma pigmentosum group D(XPD)/P44 subcomplex on the cell cycle of the hepatoma cells.
- Gene transcription profile of the detached retina (An AOS Thesis)David N Zacks
Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 107:343-82. 2009..We also define the early activation of kinases that might be responsible for the detachment-induced changes in gene transcription...
- Comitogenic effect of catecholamines on rat cardiac fibroblasts in cultureM Leicht
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 27, D 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 48:274-84. 2000..We studied the ability of norepinephrine and of other catecholamines to affect the proliferation of cardiac fibroblasts isolated from adult rat hearts. Furthermore, we investigated the possible adrenergic receptor involved in this process...
- Characterization of p44/msp2 multigene family of Anaplasma phagocytophilum from two different tick species, Ixodes persulcatus and Ixodes ovatus, in Japan- Wuritu
Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 62:142-5. 2009..This bacterium expresses a variety of 44-kDa immunodominant proteins encoded by the p44/msp2 multigene family on the surface for the purpose of avoiding the host immune defense due to the antigenic ..
- Role of arrestins in endocytosis and signaling of alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtypesJ L DeGraff
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 274:11253-9. 1999..in the trafficking of human alpha2-adrenergic receptors (alpha2-ARs) and the effect of receptor trafficking on p42/p44 MAP kinase activation...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum MSP2(P44)-18 predominates and is modified into multiple isoforms in human myeloid cellsMadhubanti Sarkar
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40504, USA
Infect Immun 76:2090-8. 2008Anaplasma phagocytophilum is the etiologic agent of human granulocytic anaplasmosis. MSP2(P44), the bacterium's major surface protein, is encoded by a paralogous gene family and has been implicated in a variety of pathobiological ..
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum has a functional msp2 gene that is distinct from p44Quan Lin
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 72:3883-9. 2004The msp2 and p44 genes encode polymorphic major outer membrane proteins that are considered unique to the intraerythrocytic agent of Anaplasma marginale and the intragranulocytic agent of Anaplasma phagocytophilum, respectively...
- Participation of a stress-activated protein kinase cascade in the activation of tyrosine hydroxylase in chromaffin cellsG Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Scotland
Eur J Biochem 247:1180-9. 1997..Stimulation of bovine adrenal chromaffin cells with acetylcholine activated SAPK2 and MAPKAP-K2, as well as p42/p44 MAP kinases and their downstream target MAPKAP-K1...
- Identification of novel surface proteins of Anaplasma phagocytophilum by affinity purification and proteomicsYan Ge
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Rd, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Bacteriol 189:7819-28. 2007..phagocytophilum plays a crucial role in subverting the hostile host cell environment. However, except for the P44/Msp2 outer membrane protein family, the surface components of A. phagocytophilum are largely unknown...
- 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) and 24R,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) modulate growth plate chondrocyte physiology via protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinaseZ Schwartz
Department of Orthopedics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229, USA
Endocrinology 143:2775-86. 2002..In both cells the effect was due to ERK1/2 activation (p42 > p44 in GC; p42 = p44 in RC). MAPK activation was dependent on PKC, but not protein kinase A...
- A role for the MEK-MAPK pathway in okadaic acid-induced meiotic resumption of incompetent growing mouse oocytesC de Vantéry Arrighi
Clinique de Stérilité et d Endocrinologie Gynécologique, Département de gynécologie et obstétrique, Maternité, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 1211 Geneve 14, Switzerland
Biol Reprod 63:658-65. 2000..promoting factor (MPF; [p34(cdc2)/cyclin B kinase]) and mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinases (p42(MAPK) and p44(MAPK)), are implicated in meiotic competence acquisition...
- Reduction of experimental diabetic vascular leakage by delivery of angiostatin with a recombinant adeno-associated virus vectorMong Ping Shyong
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei and Su Ao Veterans Hospital, I Lan, Taiwan
Mol Vis 13:133-41. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vector expressing mouse angiostatin (Kringle domains 1 to 4) in reducing retinal vascular leakage in an experimental diabetic rat model...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases mediate upregulation of hypothalamic angiotensin II type 1 receptors in heart failure ratsShun Guang Wei
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hypertension 52:679-86. 2008..study examined the hypothesis that the angiotensin II (Ang II)-triggered mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) p44/42, p38, and c-Jun N-terminal kinase contribute to upregulation of the AT(1)-R in the hypothalamus of rats with HF...
- Selectin inhibition modulates Akt/MAPK signaling and chemokine expression after liver ischemia-reperfusionLuis H Toledo-Pereyra
Borgess Research Institute, Michigan State University Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49048, USA
J Invest Surg 17:303-13. 2004..Chemokine expression (MIP-1alpha, MIP-1beta, MIP-2 and KC), Akt, MAPK (p44/p42), and RSK expressions were also measured in liver tissue by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and ..
- Activation of p44/42 mitogen activated protein kinases in thrombin-induced brain toleranceG Xi
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0532, USA
Brain Res 895:153-9. 2001..The aim of the current study is to investigate whether thrombin-induced tolerance (thrombin preconditioning; TPC) is associated with activation of p44/42 mitogen activated protein (MAP) kinases.
- Effect of protein kinase C and Ca(2+) on p42/p44 MAPK, Pyk2, and Src activation in rat conjunctival goblet cellsRobin R Hodges
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 85:836-44. 2007..Transactivation of the EGF receptor activates a kinase cascade culminating in the activation of p42/p44 MAPK (MAPK) and ultimately that leads to secretion of high molecular weight glycocongujates (HMWGC), including ..
- Two monoclonal antibodies with defined epitopes of P44 major surface proteins neutralize Anaplasma phagocytophilum by distinct mechanismsXueqi Wang
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Rd, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 74:1873-82. 2006..phagocytophilum are dominant antigens recognized by patients and infected animals. However, the ability of anti-P44 antibody to neutralize the infection has been unclear due to a mixture of P44 proteins with diverse hypervariable ..
- Direct comparison of endothelial cell and smooth muscle cell response to supercooling and rewarmingWai Ki Yiu
Department of Vascular Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:557-564. 2007..This study investigated the differential effects of vascular cell survival and proliferation in an in vitro model simulating cryoplasty...
- Bradykinin and high glucose promote renal tubular inflammationSydney C W Tang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:698-710. 2010..The role of the kallikrein-kinin system in diabetic nephropathy remains controversial...
- Nicotine activates cell-signaling pathways through muscle-type and neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in non-small cell lung cancer cellsDiane L Carlisle
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, E1340 Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 20:629-41. 2007..Nicotine at a concentration of 10 microM caused phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) (p44/42) that could be inhibited using nAChR antagonists...
- Genetic deletion of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 abrogates activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, IkappaBalpha kinase, c-Jun N-terminal kinase, Akt, p38, and p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases and potentiates apoptosisKwang Seok Ahn
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19798-808. 2006..Further, the deletion of NQO1 abolished TNF-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase, Akt, p38, and p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation...
- Roles of protein kinase C, Ca2+, Pyk2, and c-Src in agonist activation of rat lacrimal gland p42/p44 MAPKRobin R Hodges
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3352-9. 2006Although p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) negatively modulates protein secretion stimulated by cholinergic and alpha(1D)-adrenergic agonists, it does not play a role in epidermal growth factor (EGF)-stimulated protein ..
- p38 and JNK have distinct regulatory functions on the development of apoptosis during simulated ischaemia and reperfusion in neonatal cardiomyocytesA M Engelbrecht
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Republic of South Africa
Basic Res Cardiol 99:338-50. 2004..strong, biphasic activation of p38 concomitant with a weak and transient activation of the two ERK isoenzymes, p42/p44-MAPK...
- Mechanisms of variable p44 expression by Anaplasma phagocytophilumQuan Lin
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Infect Immun 71:5650-61. 2003..bacterium Anaplasma phagocytophilum promotes variation of P44s, which are surface-exposed proteins encoded by a p44 multigene family. In the present study, the specific p44 gene expression loci in four strains of A...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum p44 mRNA expression is differentially regulated in mammalian and tick host cells: involvement of the DNA binding protein ApxRXueqi Wang
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
J Bacteriol 189:8651-9. 2007..The present study investigated regulation of A. phagocytophilum p44 genes, which encode the P44 major surface proteins...
- Transcript heterogeneity of the p44 multigene family in a human granulocytic ehrlichiosis agent transmitted by ticksNing Zhi
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 70:1175-84. 2002..Overall, a total of 20 different p44 transcripts were detected in the mammals, ticks, and cell cultures...
- Role of caveolin-1 in p42/p44 MAP kinase activation and proliferation of human airway smooth muscleReinoud Gosens
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L523-34. 2006..Therefore, we investigated their role in p42/p44 MAPK signaling and proliferation using human ASM cell lines...
- The mouse p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1) gene. Genomic organization and structure of the 5'-flanking regulatory regionG Pages
Centre de Biochimie, CNRS UMR134, Nice, France
J Biol Chem 270:26986-92. 1995..We report here the cloning of the murine p44 MAP kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1) gene, the determination of its intron/exon boundaries, and the ..
- Activation of beta(2)-adrenoceptor prevents shiga toxin 2-induced TNF-alpha gene transcriptionA Nakamura
Department of Paediatrics, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2288-99. 2001..Stx-2 (4 pg/ml) stimulated MAPK (p42/p44, p38) and AP-1 and increased TNF-alpha promoter activity by 2.4-fold...
- Neurofibromatosis type 1-related gastrointestinal stromal tumors: a special reference to loss of heterozygosity at 14q and 22qHidetaka Yamamoto
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Pathological Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:791-8. 2009....
- Structural analysis of a p44/msp2 expression site of Anaplasma phagocytophilum in naturally infected ticks in Japan- Wuritu
Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka and Global COE Program, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
J Med Microbiol 58:1638-44. 2009..The genome of this bacterium contains a large number of p44/msp2-related genes encoding 44 kDa major outer-membrane proteins, and it is known that a specific p44/msp2 gene is ..
- High glucose enhances interleukin-6-induced vascular endothelial growth factor 165 expression via activation of gp130-mediated p44/42 MAPK-CCAAT/enhancer binding protein signaling in gingival fibroblastsKazuhiro Omori
Department of Pathophysiology, Periodontal Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:6643-9. 2004..Furthermore, the HG condition enhanced the IL-6/sIL-6R-induced phosphorylation of p44/42 MAPK and led to subsequent activation of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein in nuclei...
- Genetic deletion of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta abrogates activation of IkappaBalpha kinase, JNK, Akt, and p44/p42 MAPK but potentiates apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factorYasunari Takada
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Bioimmunotherapy, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:39541-54. 2004..Deletion of GSK-3beta also abolished TNF-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase and p44/p42 mitogen-activated kinase activation...
- Ligand-independent activation of steroid receptorsA P F Flint
School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leics LE12 5RD, UK
Domest Anim Endocrinol 23:13-24. 2002..various times following transfection, and MAP kinase phosphorylation was monitored by western blotting of p42 and p44. The MEK inhibitor U 0126 was used to determine whether the effect of IGF-I on CATERE expression was mediated ..
- Reactive oxygen species blockade and action of insulin on expression of angiotensinogen gene in proximal tubular cellsTusty Jiuan Hsieh
Research Centre, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal CHUM, Hotel Dieu, 3850 Saint Urbain Street, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1T8, Canada
J Endocrinol 183:535-50. 2004..Phosphorylation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p44/42 MAPK) was evaluated by western blotting...
- Involvement of protein kinase C-dependent mitogen-activated protein kinase p44/42 signaling pathway for cross-talk between estradiol and transforming growth factor-beta3 in increasing basic fibroblast growth factor in folliculostellate cellsKirti Chaturvedi
Endocrinology Program, Biomedical Division of the Center of Alcohol Studies and Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 84 Lipman Drive, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Endocrinology 145:706-15. 2004..Estradiol and TGF-beta3 alone moderately activated MAPK p44/42; together they produced marked activation of MAPK p44/42...
- Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase by oxidized low-density lipoprotein in canine cultured vascular smooth muscle cellsC M Yang
Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Taiwan
Cell Signal 12:205-14. 2000..with a specific pattern of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by [3H]thymidine incorporation and p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation in canine cultured VSMCs...
- Inhibition of IL-8-mediated MAPK activation in human neutrophils by beta1 integrin ligandsDemetra Xythalis
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Inflammation 26:83-8. 2002..to the activation of heterotrimeric G proteins that initiate multiple signaling cascades, including p38 and p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways...
- Confluence of vascular endothelial cells induces cell cycle exit by inhibiting p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase activityF Vinals
Centre de Biochimie CNRS UMR 6543, Universite de Nice, 06108 Nice, France
Mol Cell Biol 19:2763-72. 1999..In this work, we have studied the effect of cellular contact on the activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by growth factors in mouse vascular endothelial cells...
- Role of PDE4 in superoxide anion generation through p44/42MAPK regulation: a cAMP and a PKA-independent mechanismClaire Jacob
Pfizer Global R and D, Fresnes Laboratories, Department of Biology, 3 9 Rue de la Loge, 94265 Fresnes, France
Br J Pharmacol 143:257-68. 2004..We also observed that the inhibition of p44/42(MAPK) by PD98059 (1-10 microm) increased O(2)(*-) release by BAL cells enriched in neutrophils, but not by ..
- Protein kinase calpha but not p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase, p38, or c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase is required for intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression mediated by interleukin-1beta: involvement of sequential activation of tyrosine kinase,C C Chen
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 58:1479-89. 2000..Treatment of cells with IL-1beta resulted in stimulation of p44/42 MAPK, p38, and JNK...
- Protein 4.1R binding to eIF3-p44 suggests an interaction between the cytoskeletal network and the translation apparatusC L Hou
Institute of Life Science, National Defense Medical Center, and the Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Blood 96:747-53. 2000..1R as bait in a yeast 2-hybrid screen, we isolated cDNA clones encoding a polypeptide of eIF3-p44, which represents a subunit of a eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 (eIF3) complex...
- Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans lipopolysaccharide stimulates the phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases through CD14 and TLR-4 receptor activation in human gingival fibroblastsGloria Gutiérrez-Venegas
Laboratorio de Bioquímica División de Estudios de Posgrado Facultad de Odontología Universidad, Nacional Autónoma de México México, D F 04510
Life Sci 78:2577-83. 2006..with the tyrosine kinase inhibitors, herbimycin A and genistein inhibited the LPS-stimulated phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases in a dose dependent manner...
- Differential expression and glycosylation of anaplasma phagocytophilum major surface protein 2 paralogs during cultivation in sialyl Lewis x-deficient host cellsMatthew J Troese
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Kontos Medical Sciences Building, 1217 East Marshall Street, Room 215, Richmond, VA 23298 0678, USA
Infect Immun 77:1746-56. 2009..A. phagocytophilum major surface protein 2 [Msp2(P44)] is encoded by members of a paralogous gene family and is speculated to play roles in host adaptation...
- Enterovirus 71 modulates a COX-2/PGE2/cAMP-dependent viral replication in human neuroblastoma cells: role of the c-Src/EGFR/p42/p44 MAPK/CREB signaling pathwayWei Hsuan Tung
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 112:559-70. 2011..We also observed that EV71-induced p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation was decreased following pretreatment with AG1478...
- p38 but not p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase is required for nitric oxide synthase induction mediated by lipopolysaccharide in RAW 264.7 macrophagesC C Chen
Institute of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 55:481-8. 1999..7 macrophages. The role of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) p44/42 and p38 in the LPS effect was studied further...
- Structure of the expression site reveals global diversity in MSP2 (P44) variants in Anaplasma phagocytophilumAnthony F Barbet
Department of Infectious Diseases and Pathology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0880, USA, and Department of Clinical Microbiology, Kalmar County Hospital, Sweden
Infect Immun 74:6429-37. 2006..number of related genes and gene fragments encoding partial or apparently full-length outer membrane protein MSP2 (P44)...
- Dominant-negative E-cadherin inhibits the invasiveness of inflammatory breast cancer cells in vitroHui Ming Dong
Department of Breast Surgery, Breast Cancer Institute, Cancer Hospital Cancer Institute, Fudan University, 270 Dong An Road, 200032, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:83-92. 2007..The underlying signal pathway of MAPK phosphorylated Erk 1/2(P44/42) in H-2kd-E-cad-transfected SUM149 cells was significantly down-regulated compared to parental and mock contrast...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha activates transcription of inducible repressor form of 3',5'-cyclic adenosine 5'-monophosphate-responsive element binding modulator and represses P450 aromatase and inhibin alpha-subunit expression in rat ovarian granulosa cellVictoria Morales
Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 35016, Spain
Endocrinology 147:5932-9. 2006..element binding was also observed in response to TNFalpha, SMase, or C6-cer and shown to be prevented by the p44/42 MAPK-specific inhibitor PD098059 but no other kinase blockers...
- Estradiol treatment in preadolescent females enhances adolescent spatial memory and differentially modulates hippocampal region-specific phosphorylated ERK labelingBrianne C Wartman
Carleton University, Department of Neuroscience Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5B6 Canada
Neurosci Lett 528:114-9. 2012..All female rats were tested on the water maze from p40 to p44 (adolescence) and hippocampal pERK1/2 labeling was assessed as a putative marker of neuronal plasticity...
- Gab1 signaling is regulated by EGF receptor sorting in early endosomesO Kostenko
The Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 4970, USA
Oncogene 25:6604-17. 2006..Divergent trafficking in early endosomes is associated with prolonged activation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) but not Akt...
- Downregulation of cold-inducible RNA-binding protein activates mitogen-activated protein kinases and impairs spermatogenic function in mouse testesZhi Ping Xia
Department of Urology, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
Asian J Androl 14:884-9. 2012..The p44/p42, p38 and SAPK/JNK MAPK pathways were activated after downregulation of CIRP...
- Increased collagen deposition and diastolic dysfunction but preserved myocardial hypertrophy after pressure overload in mice lacking PKCepsilonGunnar Klein
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Circ Res 96:748-55. 2005..enhanced activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) and c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK), whereas p42/p44-MAPK activation was attenuated...
- Convergence of progesterone and epidermal growth factor signaling in breast cancer. Potentiation of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwaysC A Lange
Department of Medicine, Campus Box B151, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Biol Chem 273:31308-16. 1998..Furthermore, progestins "prime" breast cancer cells for growth signals by potentiating EGF-stimulated p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), p38 MAP kinase, and JNK activities...
- Effects of bortezomib on the immune system: a focus on immune regulationMohamad Mohty
Service d Hématologie Clinique et de Thérapie Cellulaire, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France INSERM, UMRS 938, Paris, France Université Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France Electronic address
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 19:1416-20. 2013..However, evidence suggests that bortezomib also affects additional cell survival pathways, such as the p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway, and inhibitory effects on IL-6, TNF-α, and vascular endothelial ..
- Activation and glucagon regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) by insulin and epidermal growth factor in cultured rat and human hepatocytesR G Ulrich
Investigative Toxicology Unit, Pharmacia and Upjohn, Inc, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
Cell Biochem Funct 16:77-85. 1998..5-1 min exposure to EGF. Phosphorylation of p42 and p44 MAPK was observed following 2.5 min exposure to EGF...
- Differential phosphorylation of the rhodopsin cytoplasmic tail mediates the binding of arrestin and its splice variant, p44Maria Ascano
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
Biochemistry 45:2398-407. 2006..kinase and subsequently deactivated by the binding of the regulatory protein arrestin or its splice variant, p44. Although much is known about the overall differences between arrestin and p44 binding to different rhodopsin ..
- The Extracellular IFI16 Protein Propagates Inflammation in Endothelial Cells Via p38 MAPK and NF-κB p65 ActivationMandar Bawadekar
1 Department of Translational Medicine, University of Eastern Piedmont, Novara, Italy
J Interferon Cytokine Res 35:441-53. 2015..By screening downstream signaling pathways, we found that IFI16 activates p38, p44/42 MAP kinases, and NF-kB...
- Synergy between tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin 1beta in inducing transcriptional down-regulation of muscarinic M2 receptor gene expression. Involvement of protein kinase A and ceramide pathwaysE B Haddad
Department of Thoracic Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science, Technology, and Medicine, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 271:32586-92. 1996..combination also activated the 46- and 55-kDa c-Jun NH2-terminal protein kinases and to a lesser extent p42 and p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase isoforms...
- Toward an assembly line for U7 snRNPs: interactions of U7-specific Lsm proteins with PRMT5 and SMN complexesTeldja N Azzouz
Institute of Cell Biology, University of Bern, Baltzerstrasse 4, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 280:34435-40. 2005..Furthermore, we present evidence for two separate binding sites in SMN for Sm/Lsm proteins. One recognizes Sm domains and the second one, the sDMA-modified RG-tails, which are present only in a subset of these proteins...
- Blocking M2 muscarinic receptor signaling inhibits tumor growth and reverses epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Qingnan Zhao
a Department of Pharmacology Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine Shanghai, China
Cancer Biol Ther 16:634-43. 2015..Consistent with AChR agonists stimulating p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) and Akt phosphorylation, blocking M2R signaling decreased MAPK and Akt phosphorylation, indicating ..
- Pulmonary surfactant phosphatidylglycerol inhibits Mycoplasma pneumoniae-stimulated eicosanoid production from human and mouse macrophagesPitchaimani Kandasamy
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado, 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 286:7841-53. 2011..pneumoniae in macrophages by inducing the phosphorylation of p38(MAPK) and p44/42(ERK1/2) MAP kinases and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression. M...
- Activation and induction of cytosolic phospholipase A2 by IL-1beta in human tracheal smooth muscle cells: role of MAPKs/p300 and NF-kappaBChiang Wen Lee
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Nursing, Chang Gung Institute of Technology, Chia Yi, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 109:1045-56. 2010..IL-1beta-induced cPLA(2) protein and mRNA expression, PGE(2) production, or phosphorylation of p42/p44 MAPK, p38 MAPK, and JNK1/2, which was attenuated by pretreatment with the inhibitors of MEK1/2 (U0126), p38 MAPK (..
- Tuberin regulates p70 S6 kinase activation and ribosomal protein S6 phosphorylation. A role for the TSC2 tumor suppressor gene in pulmonary lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM)Elena A Goncharova
Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Curie Boulevard, 847 BRB II III, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:30958-67. 2002..Interestingly, the basal levels of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Akt/protein kinase B, and p42/p44 MAPK activation were unchanged in LAMD-SM and ELT3 cells relative to levels in normal human tracheal and vascular ..
- STAT1, STAT3 and p38MAPK are involved in the apoptotic effect induced by a chimeric cyclic interferon-alpha2b peptideViviana C Blank
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics UBA CONICET, School of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Junin 956 C1113AAD Buenos Aires, Argentina
Exp Cell Res 316:603-14. 2010..JNK and p44/42 pathways were not activated by the peptide in WISH cells...
- Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor-induced activation of MEK and PI3K signal pathways contributes to expression of proangiogenic cytokines interleukin-8 and vascular endothelial growth factor in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaG Dong
Tumor Biology Section, Head and Neck Surgery Branch, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders NIH, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Res 61:5911-8. 2001..of mitogen-activated protein/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase (MEK) pathway substrate p42/p44(erk) and phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase (PI3K) pathway substrate Akt provided evidence for downstream activation of ..
- In-vitro studies on the susceptibility of ovine strains of Anaplasma phagocytophilum to antimicrobial agents and to immune serumZ Woldehiwet
Department of Comparative Molecular Medicine, University of Liverpool, School of Veterinary Science, Neston, Wirral, UK
J Comp Pathol 143:94-100. 2010..of infection of Giemsa-stained antibiotic-treated and untreated cells and by comparing the number of copies of the p44 gene by real-time polymerase chain reaction using p44-specific primers...
- Cathepsin L increased level upon Ras mutants expression: the role of p38 and p44/42 MAPK signaling pathwaysLorena Urbanelli
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Mol Cell Biochem 343:49-57. 2010..active Ras overexpression correlates with an increase of p38 MAPK activation and content and with an increase of p44/42 MAPK activation, so we investigated the role of these signaling pathways using pharmacological inhibitors...
- Mortalin-MPD (mevalonate pyrophosphate decarboxylase) interactions and their role in control of cellular proliferationRenu Wadhwa
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 302:735-42. 2003..examined the effect of MPD-mot-2 interactions on the level and activity of p21(Ras) and its downstream effectors, p44 and p42 MAP kinases (ERK1/ERK2), in Ras-Raf pathway...
- Arabidopsis homologue of human transcription factor IIH/nucleotide excision repair factor p44 can function in transcription and DNA repair and interacts with AtXPDEdward J Vonarx
School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Deakin University, Geelong, Victoria 3217, Australia
Plant J 46:512-21. 2006..of Arabidopsis thaliana AtGTF2H2 and AtXPD, homologues of the essential interacting human/yeast TFIIH components p44/Ssl1 and XPD/Rad3, respectively...
- Notch-induced E2A ubiquitination and degradation are controlled by MAP kinase activitiesLei Nie
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 NE 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
EMBO J 22:5780-92. 2003..Notch-induced degradation requires phosphorylation of E47 by p42/p44 MAP kinases...
- Mechanisms of manganese-induced rat pheochromocytoma (PC12) cell death and cell differentiationJerome A Roth
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University at Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Neurotoxicology 23:147-57. 2002..Mn-induced neurite outgrowth is dependent on the phosphorylation and activation of the MAP kinases, ERK1 and 2 (p44/42). Unlike NGF, Mn is also cytotoxic having an IC50 value of approximately 600 microM...
- Protein kinase C beta overexpression induces fibrotic effects in human proximal tubular epithelial cellsCraig Slattery
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:2218-29. 2008..Further studies also identified a role for the p44/42 mitogen activated kinase signalling pathway in CsA-induced fibrotic effects downstream of PKC-beta...
- Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase by hepatocyte growth factor is stimulated by both alpha1- and beta2-adrenergic agonists in primary cultures of adult rat hepatocytesMitsutoshi Kimura
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai University, Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 103:398-407. 2007..Phosphorylated MAPK isoforms (p42 and p44 MAPK) were detected by Western blotting analysis using anti-phospho-MAPK antibody...
- Glutamate increases pancreatic cancer cell invasion and migration via AMPA receptor activation and Kras-MAPK signalingAlexander Herner
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 129:2349-59. 2011..cell line, AMPA receptor activation enhanced K-ras activity and--further downstream--phosphorylation of p38 and of p44/42. Preemptive blockade of AMPA receptors in a mouse model of pancreatic cancer inhibited tumor cell settling...
- Identification and characterization of Chlamydia pneumoniae-specific proteins that activate tumor necrosis factor alpha production in RAW 264.7 murine macrophagesShinn Jong Jiang
Department of Pathobiology, University of Washington, Box 357328, Seattle, WA 98195 3873, USA
Infect Immun 76:1558-64. 2008..induce expression of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and tissue factor and (ii) induce phosphorylation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) and activation of early growth response factor 1 (Egr-1)...
- Effect of beta-escin sodium on endothelial cells proliferation, migration and apoptosisXu Hua Wang
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University 100083, Beijing China
Vascul Pharmacol 49:158-65. 2008..by increasing expression of thrombospondin-1 (TSP-1), and decreasing expression of PKC-alpha and activation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (ERK) and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38 MAPK)...
- Rac mediates TNF-induced cytokine production via modulation of NF-kappaBLynn M Williams
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology Division, Imperial College London, Hammersmith, London W6 8LH, United Kingdom
Mol Immunol 45:2446-54. 2008..TNF induces p42/p44, p54 and p38 MAPK kinase; these kinases have been implicated in control of cytokine synthesis...
- Anti-malarial drug artesunate protects against cigarette smoke-induced lung injury in miceDavid S W Ng
Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University Health System, Singapore, Singapore
Phytomedicine 21:1638-44. 2014..In BEAS-2B cells, artesunate suppressed pro-inflammatory PI3K/Akt and p44/42 MAPK signaling pathways, and increased nuclear Nrf2 accumulation in response to CSE...
- Mechanisms of interleukin-1beta-induced GDNF release from rat glioma cellsKumiko Tanabe
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Brain Res 1274:11-20. 2009..IL-1beta induced the phosphorylation of inhibitor kappa B (IkappaB), p38 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase, p44/p42 MAP kinase, stress-activated protein kinase/c-Jun N-terminal kinase (SAPK/JNK) and signal transducer and ..
- Interleukin-1beta induces MMP-9 expression via p42/p44 MAPK, p38 MAPK, JNK, and nuclear factor-kappaB signaling pathways in human tracheal smooth muscle cellsKao Chih Liang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 211:759-70. 2007..Here, we investigated the roles of p42/p44 MAPK, p38 MAPK, JNK, and NF-kappaB pathways for IL-1beta-induced MMP-9 production in HTSMCs...
- Luteinizing hormone inhibits cisplatin-induced apoptosis in human epithelial ovarian cancer cellsLingfang Xia
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai 200032, P R China Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, P R China
Oncol Lett 11:1943-1947. 2016..PDCD6, induced by LH, was mediated through the activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/protein kinase B and p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase transduction signaling pathways...
- AMP-activated protein kinase positively regulates FGF-2-stimulated VEGF synthesis in osteoblastsKenji Kato
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 400:123-7. 2010..growth factor (FGF-2) stimulates vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) release through the activation of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase and stress-activated protein kinase/c-Jun N-terminal kinase (SAPK/JNK) ..
- Endogenous angiotensin II-induced p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation mediates sodium appetite but not thirst or neurohypophysial secretion in male ratsL A Felgendreger
Neuroscience Graduate Group, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6241, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 25:97-106. 2013..The present study used an experimental model of endogenous AngII to examine the role of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) as a signalling mechanism to mediate these responses...
- Role of ω-hydroxylase in adenosine-mediated aortic response through MAP kinase using A2A-receptor knockout miceDovenia S Ponnoth
Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, West Virginia Univ, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 302:R400-8. 2012..21.1 ± 3.3% at 10(-7) M, P < 0.05). Contraction to CCPA in WT and A(2A)KO aorta was inhibited by PD-98059 (p42/p44 MAPK inhibitor; 10(-6) M), chelerythrine chloride (nonselective PKC blocker; 10(-6) M), Gö-6976 (selective PKC-α ..
- Cilostazol reduces MCP-1-induced chemotaxis and adhesion of THP-1 monocytes by inhibiting CCR2 gene expressionShih Yi Chuang
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan, ROC
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 411:402-8. 2011..Similar inhibition was also noted in human peripheral monocytes. The post-CCR2 signaling pathways including p44/42 and p38 MAPK were examined by western blot analysis...
- Factor VIIa bound to endothelial cell protein C receptor activates protease activated receptor-1 and mediates cell signaling and barrier protectionProsenjit Sen
Center for Biomedical Research, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX, USA
Blood 117:3199-208. 2011..to EPCR on endothelial cells, activates endogenous protease activated receptor-1 (PAR1) and induces PAR1-mediated p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activation...
- NOVEL KINASE SIGNALING CASCADES IN PANCREATIC ACINIJohn Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002..three mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascades in rat acini leading to activation of ERKs (p42 and p44 MAPK), Jun Kinase and p38/Reactivating Kinase...
- The role of srcasm in keratinocyte biologyJohn Seykora; Fiscal Year: 2009..Srcasm can regulate the activity of the p44/42 MAP kinases based on the level of EGF receptor signaling...
- Control of Conjuctival Goblet Cell Mucin ProductionDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2009..rat and human conjunctival goblet cells will be used to determined if EGF stimulates proliferation by activating 1) p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase, (2) phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, or (3) PKC isoforms, Proliferation will be ..
- p75NTR-Ceramide Signaling in Alzheimer?s DiseaseLuigi Puglielli; Fiscal Year: 2012..show that hyperactivation of the aging program (mediated by the insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor, IGF1-R) in p44+/+ transgenic mice, a model of accelerated aging, leads to early TrkA-to-p75NTRswitch, increased production of A(, ..
- NUCLEUS TRACTUS SOLITARIUS MELANOCORTIN SIGNALING IN THE CONTROL OF FOOD INTAKESCOTT EDWARD KANOSKI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Proposed research will build upon our preliminary findings and other recent data by targeting the p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathway and potential upstream kinases (protein kinase A [PKA] ..
- Aging and Alzheimer's Disease Potential Link with IGF1-RLuigi Puglielli; Fiscal Year: 2012..downstream of IGF1-R requires IRS2, PI3K, PIP3, Egr-1, HIPK2, and is under the inhibitory control of PTEN and p44. We also show that IGF1-R acts up-stream of p75NTR/TrkA in the regulation of A2 generation...
- Nuclear Accumulation of Cyclin D1 and OncogenesisJOHN ALAN DIEHL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1 will determine the ability of PRMT5/MEP50 to cooperate with oncogenic cyclin D1T286A to induce neoplastic growth;Aim 2 will determine the role of PRMT5/..
- Alcohol and Sca-1;Impairment of the granulopoietic precursor cell responseJohn Nicholas Melvan; Fiscal Year: 2013..This process involves key cell signaling pathways that down-regulate STAT3 signaling and enhance p44/p42-cyclin D signaling...
- The role of stem cells in longevity suppression by p44 (deltaN-p53)Erica K Ungewitter; Fiscal Year: 2010..on identifying the biological mechanisms by which increased dosage of the gene encoding the short isoform of p53 (p44) accelerates the rate of aging in the mouse...
- Bile acid-induced colon cancer cell proliferationJean Pierre Raufman; Fiscal Year: 2009..agonist-induced cell proliferation will be studied using immunoblotting to probe for activated proteins in the p44/42 MARK, p38 MARK and JNK pathways, and by examining the roles of phospholipase C and protein kinase C activation ..
- Alcohol, Septicemia and the LKS Cell ResponsePing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..alcohol inhibits activation of lin-c-kit+Sca-1+ cell proliferation in response to septicemia via impairing the TLR4-p44/42-cyclin D pathway...
- GENE EXPRESSION BY HUMAN GRANULOCYTIC EHRLICHIOSIS AGYasuko Rikihisa; Fiscal Year: 2004..Their recent study indicates that there are a total of approximately 18 copies of p44 genes and the HGE agent in a human promyelocytic leukemia cell line, HL-60, expresses 5 of them...
- C/EBPbeta Isoform Function & Regulation by Tyrosine KinasesCynthia Zahnow; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, EGFR-mediated-p44/42 MAPK signaling phosphorylates and activates the RNA binding protein, CUGBP1, which then binds to C/EBPB mRNA to ..
- Rationally designed Rift Valley Fever Virus VaccineRamon Flick; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypothesis is based on the finding that interferon antagonistic action of NSs occurs via its interaction with p44 a component of the transcription factor TFIIH...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION BY FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORDwight Towler; Fiscal Year: 2001..by expression of dominant negative Ras or MAPK ohosphatase -2, yet is unaffected by inhibition of the classic p44/p42 MAPK cacade...
- RAGE and a Novel Tumor AxisAnn Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2005..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppresses activation of members of the kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPKIJNK involved in modulating tumor proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- Alcohol and Impairment of the Granulopoietic Response to PneumoniaPing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Binding of G-CSF to its receptor activates the p44/42-cyclin D pathway to promote myeloid progenitor cell proliferation...
- RAGE and modulation of tumor propertiesEmina Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppressed activation of members of the MAP kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPK/JNK, involved in tumor cell proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- AIRWAY MYOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND LYSOSOMAL HYDROLASEDUKHEE LEW; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific aims are: 1) To determine the contribution of p42 and p44 mitogen activated protein kinases (p42/44MAPK) and 70-kD ribosomal protein S6 kinase (p70S6k) in mannosyl-rich ..
- SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN PHARMACOLOGICAL PRECONDITIONINGRAKESH KUKREJA; Fiscal Year: 2004..hypothesis is that pharmacological triggers of PC activate signaling pathway leading to phosphorylation of p38, p44 and p42 MAP kinases and also cause their translocation in the nucleus...
- Role of MAP kinases in anaplastic large cell lymphomaYouli Zu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Biochemical studies have shown that cellular ALK binds to several signaling molecules of the p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p44/42 MAPK) cascade...
- REGULATION OF BBB GLUT1 GLUCOSE TRANSPORTERWilliam Pardridge; Fiscal Year: 2002..Previous studies have described a polysome protein, designated p44, and a cytosolic protein, designated p88, which interact with two different cis-elements within the 3'-UTR of the ..
- Regulation of Cell Signaling and AdhesionJOE RAMOS; Fiscal Year: 2006..I have used an expression-cloning strategy to isolate a protein that blocks ERK/MAPK (p42/p44) signaling, PEA-15. PEA-15 impairs several ERK functions such as activation of transcription...
- MECHANISM & CONTROL OF HUMAN NUCLEOTIDE EXCISION REPAIRZhen Qiang Pan; Fiscal Year: 2001..TFIIH* consists of a subset of the TFIIH complex proteins including ERCC3, p62, p44, p41, and p34...
- Mechanisms of CD40-mediated Expression of MMPs & TIMP-1Peter Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..enhancer A3 promoter activity on the TIMP-1 gene will be determined as well as the relative roles of the JNK, p42/p44 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways in mediating TIMP-1 expression...
- Regulation of NO Signaling in Pulmonary VaculatureRoger Johns; Fiscal Year: 2006..The second aim will investigate the effect of NO and L-arginase I expression on polyamine activation of p42/p44 protein kinases, p21 and resultant changes in cell cycle and proliferative response of pulmonary microvascular ..
- Mechanisms of short and long interval fear extinctionKaryn Myers; Fiscal Year: 2007..fear erasure. Preliminary data suggest differential involvement of NMDA receptors: expression of p44/42 MAPK and the NR2B (but not NR1) subunit of the NMDA receptor decreases within the amygdala following 10 min ..
- Cancer: MAPK phosphorylation and nuclear translocationDANIEL MARENDA; Fiscal Year: 2005..In mammals, MARK proteins p42/p44 (also called ERK 1/2) phosphorylate and activate a number of targets in both the cytoplasm and the nucleus, and in ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF DELAYED PRECONDITIONINGRAKESH KUKREJA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our second hypothesis is that rapid pacing triggers signaling pathway leading to the phosphorylation of p38, p44/p42 (ERK I & 2) and p46/p54 JNK kinases...
- Lipitor/Celebrex: effect on prostate cancer progressionXi Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will specifically determine if the concurrent inhibition of Akt and p44/42 MAP kinase activation by Lipitor and Celebrex in combination is associated with synergistic induction of ..
- OPIOID AND ALCOHOL REGULATED IMMUNE FUNCTIONDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ROLE OF OPIATES IN ALCOHOL-INDUCED NEUROTOXICITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Biology of the NK cell cytolytic activity rhythmDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed series of studies should enhance our knowledge of the physiological mechanisms orchestrating NK cell circadian function. ..
- Signal Transduction Mechanisms in Neuroendocrine NeuronsArshad Khan; Fiscal Year: 2006..This training will further my career goal of studying cellular signaling using an in vivo approach. ..
- Fetal Alcohol Effects on Circadian clocks and POMCDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information should help to develop therapeutic strategies in managing sleep-wake disturbances and the resultant health consequences in FAE offspring. ..
- ESTROGEN MITOGENIC ACTION IN THE PITUITARYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such knowledge should be important in understanding prolactinoma because increased proliferation is an early step in cell transformation. ..
- CONSTRUCTION OF BIOLOGY RESEARCH FACILITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- PKC Signaling in cAMP-Induced Pulmonary VasodilationSCOTT BARMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Progress of these studies will provide important knowledge towards the development of novel therapeutic agents that will help reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Adenosine in trauma and sepsisGyorgy Hasko; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CHRONIC HYPOXIA AND RESISTANCE TO MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIAJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies are expected to have an impact on our understanding of the biology of Tpo in heart and may lead to the development of new therapeutics for the treatment of myocardial infarction. ..
- Signal Transduction Mechanisms in Suicide BrainYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES ON TEA AND CARCINOGENESISChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicant and colleagues will address key issues concerning the bioavailability and bioactivities of O-methyl, glucuronide, and sulfate derivatives and two ring-fission metabolites of tea catechins. ..
- Gap Junctions and Cancer Drug TherapyRANDALL RUCH; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to new cancer therapy paradigms and treatments. ..
- Voluntary Exercise Therapy after Traumatic Brain InjuryGRACE GRIESBACH; Fiscal Year: 2006..In order to address these specific aims, I will utilize the lateral fluid-percussion injury model in rats and voluntary running wheel exposure. Protein, gene, histological and behavioral studies will be conducted. ..
- Regulation- Medulloblastoma Growth by alpha-v integrinsTobey Macdonald; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-range goal of this work is to broaden our understanding of medulloblastoma growth, so that novel biologic therapies may be developed into new treatments for medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor in children. ..
- GENETICS AND INTERMITTENT MYOCARDIAL HYPOXIAJohn Baker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- IGF-I and its binding proteins in vascular smooth muscle cellsCunming Duan; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EXERCISE INDUCED GROWTH OF SKELETAL MUSCLEFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2003..Elucidation of the mechanisms signaling skeletal muscle growth may lead to drugs, gene therapy, or other countermeasures against skeletal muscle wasting in individuals for whom exercise is perhaps impossible. ..
- ANTAGONISM OF VEGF-DRIVEN ANGIOGENESISDONALD SENGER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- FOCAL ADHESION KINASE SIGNALINGJ Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ANGIOTENSIN AND CENTRAL NEUROHUMORAL ACTIVATION IN CHFRobert Felder; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will provide new information concerning the role of the central nervous system in the pathophysiology of CHF and will draw attention to the possibility of CNS directed drug therapy for heart failure. ..
- Dopamine Transporter Regulation in Rat BrainBRIAN HOOVER; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will help elucidate the biochemical mechanisms underlying DAT regulation in brain under both physiological and drug-exposed conditions. ..
- POSTRECEPTOR DYSREGULATION IN DEPRESSIONYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MACROPHAGE ACTIVATION AND LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMMaria Lopes Virella; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our overall objective is to provide insight into the mechanisms by which anti-LDL antibodies and macrophage activation may contribute to the development(acceleration of the arteriosclerotic process. ..
- BETA 1 INTEGRIN ANTAGONISM & RETINAL NEOVASCULARIZATIONDONALD SENGER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Moreover, it is anticipated that findings here will suggest new strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Proteomics: Inactivity-induced muscle insulin resistanceFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2002..Outcomes of this proposal will better establish that healthy active skeletal muscles interact with other organ systems to prevent the metabolic disorders of type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, and obesity. ..
- Nonpeptide Antagonists of CCR-7 for ImmunosuppressionDavid Alleva; Fiscal Year: 2002..Indeed, a favorable out-come of these experiments would support the therapeutic potential of CCR7 antagonists in MS PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- Radiation injury to the heartJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..1 ..
- INVESTIGATING THE MECHANISMS OF PRB TUMOR SUPPRESSIONArnab Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim number 3: To determine whether the deregulation of E2F dependent transcription is correlated with the tumorigenic potential of RB -/- cells in-vivo. ..
- CD40 Modulation of Abeta-Vaccine Immune ResponseJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Host defense functions of M. tuberculosis lipoglycanEdward Chan; Fiscal Year: 2005..3. To elucidate the role of the TLRs, MAPK and NFkB signaling pathways, and ManLAM in controlling the growth of M. tuberculosis in mouse and human macrophages and to correlate effects on growth with NO* and TNFa expression. ..
- MATERNAL ALCOHOLISM AND CNS DEVELOPMENT IN OFFSPRINGMARY DRUSE MANTEUFFEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analyses will include western blot analyses, real-time quantitative RT-PCR, fluorescence and light microscopy, immunohistochemistry, and enzyme assays. ..
- Rapid ischemic tolerance: Ubiquitin-mediated structural reorganizationRobert Meller; Fiscal Year: 2007..Indeed, the long-term aim of these studies is to discover endogenous protective mechanisms that can be translated into effective rapid acting neuroprotective agents for stroke. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Delayed Neurodegeneration After Intracerebral HemorrhageGuohua Xi; Fiscal Year: 2007..If our hypotheses are correct, these experiments may lead to novel therapies for ICH by either limiting iron overload or attenuating oxidative brain injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ESOPHAGEAL ADENOCARCINOGENESIS AND ITS PREVENTIONChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are expected to fully elucidate the roles of oxidative stress and aberrant AA metabolism in the formation of EAC and help develop effective agents for its prevention. ..
- Pasteurella multocida toxin: Structure and ActivityBrenda Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2008..4) To characterize the cellular receptor(s) and to elucidate the internalization pathway(s) utilized by PMT to gain entry into cells. ..
- Validating microRNA Analysis in Human Postmortem BrainYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Green tea derived EGCG opposes AIDS dementia-like neuronal damageJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data should lay the foundation for further research leading to human trials in the near future. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SATELLITE STEM CELL BIOLOGYFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2008..The outcomes of the research will provide a more scientific basis to devise therapies to prevent and treat sarcopenia and physical frailty. ..
- MECHANISMS OF BRAIN EDEMA AFTER INTRACEREBRAL HEMORRHAGEGuohua Xi; Fiscal Year: 2009..The purpose of our project is to investigate the mechanisms involved in thrombin-induced brain edema. If our hypotheses are correct, these experiments may lead to novel methods of treating ICH. ..
- Protein ubiquitination based neuroprotection for strokeRobert Meller; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- INHIBITION OF CARCINOGENESIS BY TEA AND TEA CONSTITUENTSChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Jointly, we intend to make major contributions to the use of tea for the I chemoprevention of cancer. ..
- Tissue Factor-factor Vlla signalingUsha Pendurthi; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will provide valuable information in understanding how TF contributes to tumorigenesis. These studies will also provide clues on potential therapeutic targets for prevention of cancer progression. ..
- Hypertension and Collagen: Effect of Ac-SDKPNour Eddine Rhaleb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Consequently, it will identify another component (Ac-SDKP) as part of the multiple mediators participating in the cardioprotective effects of ACEi in hypertension. ..