Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WDR77
Description: WD repeat domain 77
Alias: HKMT1069, MEP-50, MEP50, Nbla10071, p44, p44/Mep50, methylosome protein 50, WD repeat-containing protein 77, androgen receptor cofactor p44, testis tissue sperm-binding protein Li 44a
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- APE1/Ref-1 interacts with NPM1 within nucleoli and plays a role in the rRNA quality control processCarlo Vascotto
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of Udine, P le Kolbe 4, 33100 Udine, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 29:1834-54. 2009..Our data demonstrate that APE1 affects cell growth by directly acting on RNA quality control mechanisms, thus affecting gene expression through posttranscriptional mechanisms...
- The histone variant mH2A1.1 interferes with transcription by down-regulating PARP-1 enzymatic activityKhalid Ouararhni
Laboratoire Epigénétique et Cancer, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique FRE 2944, 94801 Villejuif, France
Genes Dev 20:3324-36. 2006..mH2A1.1 recruits PARP-1 to the promoter, thereby inactivating it. Upon heat shock, the Hsp70.1 promoter-bound PARP-1 is released to activate transcription through ADP-ribosylation of other Hsp70.1 promoter-bound proteins...
- A novel WD repeat protein component of the methylosome binds Sm proteinsWestley J Friesen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6148, USA
J Biol Chem 277:8243-7. 2002..Here, we describe a novel component of the methylosome, a 50-kilodalton WD repeat protein termed methylosome protein 50 (MEP50)...
- Purification and identification of a novel complex which is involved in androgen receptor-dependent transcriptionKeiko Hosohata
Department of Cancer Biology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:7019-29. 2003..AR transcriptional activity, we used an immunoprecipitation method and identified a 44-kDa protein, designated p44, as a new AR-interacting protein...
- Roles of the androgen receptor cofactor p44 in the growth of prostate epithelial cellsLiran Zhou
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard 173, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 37:283-300. 2006..Here, we found that AR cofactor (p44) translocation from the nucleus to the cytoplasm in prostate epithelial cells (ECs) is associated with prostate ..
- Distinct nuclear and cytoplasmic functions of androgen receptor cofactor p44 and association with androgen-independent prostate cancerYi Peng
Departments of Pathology and Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10010, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5236-41. 2008..We recently identified p44/MEP50 as an AR coactivator and further showed that it is expressed primarily in the nucleus and cytoplasm of benign ..
- Crystal structure of the human PRMT5:MEP50 complexStephen Antonysamy
Lilly Biotechnology Center, Eli Lilly and Company, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:17960-5. 2012..We have determined the crystal structure of human PRMT5 in complex with MEP50 (methylosome protein 50), bound to an S-adenosylmethionine analog and a peptide substrate derived from histone H4...
- CpG-binding protein (CXXC finger protein 1) is a component of the mammalian Set1 histone H3-Lys4 methyltransferase complex, the analogue of the yeast Set1/COMPASS complexJeong Heon Lee
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41725-31. 2005....
- Nuclear transport signals control cellular localization and function of androgen receptor cofactor p44/WDR77Zhongping Gu
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22395. 2011The androgen receptor (AR) cofactor p44/WDR77, which regulates expression of a set of androgen target genes, is required for differentiation of prostate epithelium...
- The expression and function of androgen receptor coactivator p44 and protein arginine methyltransferase 5 in the developing testis and testicular tumorsJohn J Liang
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, NY, USA
J Urol 177:1918-22. 2007The role of androgen receptor coactivators in testicular development and cancer formation is unclear. p44/Mep50 was identified as an androgen receptor coactivator that functions in a complex with protein arginine methyltransferase 5...
- Atypical protein kinase C-zeta stimulates thyrotropin-independent proliferation in rat thyroid cellsN Fernandez
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6160, USA
Endocrinology 141:146-52. 2000..Cells overexpressing PKCzeta show higher levels of phosphorylated p42/p44 MAPK compared with vector-transfected cells...
- Prevalence of Anaplasma phagocytophilum and its coinfection with Borrelia afzelii in Ixodes ricinus and Ixodes persulcatus ticks inhabiting Tver Province (Russia) - a sympatric region for both tick speciesToshiyuki Masuzawa
Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiba Institute of Science CIS, Choshi 288 0025, Japan
J Med Microbiol 57:986-91. 2008..In this study, p44/msp2 paralogues specific to A. phagocytophilum and 5S-23S rRNA gene-intergenic spacers specific to B...
- Rapid mitogen-activated protein kinase by basic fibroblast growth factor in rat intestine after ischemia/reperfusion injuryXiao bing Fu
Wound Healing and Cell Biology Laboratory, 304 Hospital, Burns Institute, Trauma Center of Postgraduate Medical College, 51 Fu Cheng Road, Beijing 100037, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1312-7. 2003....
- Negative regulation by p70 S6 kinase of FGF-2-stimulated VEGF release through stress-activated protein kinase/c-Jun N-terminal kinase in osteoblastsShinji Takai
Department of Pharmacy, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, and Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Hospital for Geriatric Medicine, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 22:337-46. 2007..In this study, we show that p70 S6 kinase activated by FGF-2 negatively regulates VEGF release through SAPK/JNK in osteoblasts...
- [Mechanism of regulation of hepatoma cell cycle by XPD/P44 subcomplex : an in vitro experiment]Hong Yun Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Jiangxi Provincial Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Nanchang University, Nanchang 330006, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:1997-2001. 2008To explore the effects of xeroderma pigmentosum group D(XPD)/P44 subcomplex on the cell cycle of the hepatoma cells.
- Gene transcription profile of the detached retina (An AOS Thesis)David N Zacks
Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 107:343-82. 2009..We also define the early activation of kinases that might be responsible for the detachment-induced changes in gene transcription...
- Comitogenic effect of catecholamines on rat cardiac fibroblasts in cultureM Leicht
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 27, D 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 48:274-84. 2000..We studied the ability of norepinephrine and of other catecholamines to affect the proliferation of cardiac fibroblasts isolated from adult rat hearts. Furthermore, we investigated the possible adrenergic receptor involved in this process...
- Characterization of p44/msp2 multigene family of Anaplasma phagocytophilum from two different tick species, Ixodes persulcatus and Ixodes ovatus, in Japan- Wuritu
Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 62:142-5. 2009..This bacterium expresses a variety of 44-kDa immunodominant proteins encoded by the p44/msp2 multigene family on the surface for the purpose of avoiding the host immune defense due to the antigenic ..
- Role of arrestins in endocytosis and signaling of alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtypesJ L DeGraff
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 274:11253-9. 1999..in the trafficking of human alpha2-adrenergic receptors (alpha2-ARs) and the effect of receptor trafficking on p42/p44 MAP kinase activation...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum has a functional msp2 gene that is distinct from p44Quan Lin
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 72:3883-9. 2004The msp2 and p44 genes encode polymorphic major outer membrane proteins that are considered unique to the intraerythrocytic agent of Anaplasma marginale and the intragranulocytic agent of Anaplasma phagocytophilum, respectively...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum MSP2(P44)-18 predominates and is modified into multiple isoforms in human myeloid cellsMadhubanti Sarkar
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40504, USA
Infect Immun 76:2090-8. 2008Anaplasma phagocytophilum is the etiologic agent of human granulocytic anaplasmosis. MSP2(P44), the bacterium's major surface protein, is encoded by a paralogous gene family and has been implicated in a variety of pathobiological ..
- Participation of a stress-activated protein kinase cascade in the activation of tyrosine hydroxylase in chromaffin cellsG Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Scotland
Eur J Biochem 247:1180-9. 1997..Stimulation of bovine adrenal chromaffin cells with acetylcholine activated SAPK2 and MAPKAP-K2, as well as p42/p44 MAP kinases and their downstream target MAPKAP-K1...
- 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) and 24R,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) modulate growth plate chondrocyte physiology via protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinaseZ Schwartz
Department of Orthopedics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229, USA
Endocrinology 143:2775-86. 2002..In both cells the effect was due to ERK1/2 activation (p42 > p44 in GC; p42 = p44 in RC). MAPK activation was dependent on PKC, but not protein kinase A...
- Identification of novel surface proteins of Anaplasma phagocytophilum by affinity purification and proteomicsYan Ge
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Rd, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Bacteriol 189:7819-28. 2007..phagocytophilum plays a crucial role in subverting the hostile host cell environment. However, except for the P44/Msp2 outer membrane protein family, the surface components of A. phagocytophilum are largely unknown...
- A role for the MEK-MAPK pathway in okadaic acid-induced meiotic resumption of incompetent growing mouse oocytesC de Vantéry Arrighi
Clinique de Stérilité et d Endocrinologie Gynécologique, Département de gynécologie et obstétrique, Maternité, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 1211 Geneve 14, Switzerland
Biol Reprod 63:658-65. 2000..promoting factor (MPF; [p34(cdc2)/cyclin B kinase]) and mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinases (p42(MAPK) and p44(MAPK)), are implicated in meiotic competence acquisition...
- Activation of p44/42 mitogen activated protein kinases in thrombin-induced brain toleranceG Xi
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0532, USA
Brain Res 895:153-9. 2001..The aim of the current study is to investigate whether thrombin-induced tolerance (thrombin preconditioning; TPC) is associated with activation of p44/42 mitogen activated protein (MAP) kinases.
- Selectin inhibition modulates Akt/MAPK signaling and chemokine expression after liver ischemia-reperfusionLuis H Toledo-Pereyra
Borgess Research Institute, Michigan State University Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49048, USA
J Invest Surg 17:303-13. 2004..Chemokine expression (MIP-1alpha, MIP-1beta, MIP-2 and KC), Akt, MAPK (p44/p42), and RSK expressions were also measured in liver tissue by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and ..
- Reduction of experimental diabetic vascular leakage by delivery of angiostatin with a recombinant adeno-associated virus vectorMong Ping Shyong
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei and Su Ao Veterans Hospital, I Lan, Taiwan
Mol Vis 13:133-41. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vector expressing mouse angiostatin (Kringle domains 1 to 4) in reducing retinal vascular leakage in an experimental diabetic rat model...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases mediate upregulation of hypothalamic angiotensin II type 1 receptors in heart failure ratsShun Guang Wei
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hypertension 52:679-86. 2008..study examined the hypothesis that the angiotensin II (Ang II)-triggered mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) p44/42, p38, and c-Jun N-terminal kinase contribute to upregulation of the AT(1)-R in the hypothalamus of rats with HF...
- Two monoclonal antibodies with defined epitopes of P44 major surface proteins neutralize Anaplasma phagocytophilum by distinct mechanismsXueqi Wang
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Rd, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 74:1873-82. 2006..phagocytophilum are dominant antigens recognized by patients and infected animals. However, the ability of anti-P44 antibody to neutralize the infection has been unclear due to a mixture of P44 proteins with diverse hypervariable ..
- Effect of protein kinase C and Ca(2+) on p42/p44 MAPK, Pyk2, and Src activation in rat conjunctival goblet cellsRobin R Hodges
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 85:836-44. 2007..Transactivation of the EGF receptor activates a kinase cascade culminating in the activation of p42/p44 MAPK (MAPK) and ultimately that leads to secretion of high molecular weight glycocongujates (HMWGC), including ..
- Direct comparison of endothelial cell and smooth muscle cell response to supercooling and rewarmingWai Ki Yiu
Department of Vascular Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:557-564. 2007..This study investigated the differential effects of vascular cell survival and proliferation in an in vitro model simulating cryoplasty...
- Genetic deletion of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 abrogates activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, IkappaBalpha kinase, c-Jun N-terminal kinase, Akt, p38, and p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases and potentiates apoptosisKwang Seok Ahn
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19798-808. 2006..Further, the deletion of NQO1 abolished TNF-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase, Akt, p38, and p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation...
- Roles of protein kinase C, Ca2+, Pyk2, and c-Src in agonist activation of rat lacrimal gland p42/p44 MAPKRobin R Hodges
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3352-9. 2006Although p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) negatively modulates protein secretion stimulated by cholinergic and alpha(1D)-adrenergic agonists, it does not play a role in epidermal growth factor (EGF)-stimulated protein ..
- Nicotine activates cell-signaling pathways through muscle-type and neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in non-small cell lung cancer cellsDiane L Carlisle
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, E1340 Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 20:629-41. 2007..Nicotine at a concentration of 10 microM caused phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) (p44/42) that could be inhibited using nAChR antagonists...
- Bradykinin and high glucose promote renal tubular inflammationSydney C W Tang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:698-710. 2010..The role of the kallikrein-kinin system in diabetic nephropathy remains controversial...
- p38 and JNK have distinct regulatory functions on the development of apoptosis during simulated ischaemia and reperfusion in neonatal cardiomyocytesA M Engelbrecht
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Republic of South Africa
Basic Res Cardiol 99:338-50. 2004..strong, biphasic activation of p38 concomitant with a weak and transient activation of the two ERK isoenzymes, p42/p44-MAPK...
- Mechanisms of variable p44 expression by Anaplasma phagocytophilumQuan Lin
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Infect Immun 71:5650-61. 2003..bacterium Anaplasma phagocytophilum promotes variation of P44s, which are surface-exposed proteins encoded by a p44 multigene family. In the present study, the specific p44 gene expression loci in four strains of A...
- Transcript heterogeneity of the p44 multigene family in a human granulocytic ehrlichiosis agent transmitted by ticksNing Zhi
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 70:1175-84. 2002..Overall, a total of 20 different p44 transcripts were detected in the mammals, ticks, and cell cultures...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum p44 mRNA expression is differentially regulated in mammalian and tick host cells: involvement of the DNA binding protein ApxRXueqi Wang
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
J Bacteriol 189:8651-9. 2007..The present study investigated regulation of A. phagocytophilum p44 genes, which encode the P44 major surface proteins...
- The mouse p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1) gene. Genomic organization and structure of the 5'-flanking regulatory regionG Pages
Centre de Biochimie, CNRS UMR134, Nice, France
J Biol Chem 270:26986-92. 1995..We report here the cloning of the murine p44 MAP kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1) gene, the determination of its intron/exon boundaries, and the ..
- Activation of beta(2)-adrenoceptor prevents shiga toxin 2-induced TNF-alpha gene transcriptionA Nakamura
Department of Paediatrics, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2288-99. 2001..Stx-2 (4 pg/ml) stimulated MAPK (p42/p44, p38) and AP-1 and increased TNF-alpha promoter activity by 2.4-fold...
- Role of caveolin-1 in p42/p44 MAP kinase activation and proliferation of human airway smooth muscleReinoud Gosens
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L523-34. 2006..Therefore, we investigated their role in p42/p44 MAPK signaling and proliferation using human ASM cell lines...
- Neurofibromatosis type 1-related gastrointestinal stromal tumors: a special reference to loss of heterozygosity at 14q and 22qHidetaka Yamamoto
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Pathological Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:791-8. 2009....
- Structural analysis of a p44/msp2 expression site of Anaplasma phagocytophilum in naturally infected ticks in Japan- Wuritu
Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka and Global COE Program, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
J Med Microbiol 58:1638-44. 2009..The genome of this bacterium contains a large number of p44/msp2-related genes encoding 44 kDa major outer-membrane proteins, and it is known that a specific p44/msp2 gene is ..
- High glucose enhances interleukin-6-induced vascular endothelial growth factor 165 expression via activation of gp130-mediated p44/42 MAPK-CCAAT/enhancer binding protein signaling in gingival fibroblastsKazuhiro Omori
Department of Pathophysiology, Periodontal Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:6643-9. 2004..Furthermore, the HG condition enhanced the IL-6/sIL-6R-induced phosphorylation of p44/42 MAPK and led to subsequent activation of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein in nuclei...
- Genetic deletion of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta abrogates activation of IkappaBalpha kinase, JNK, Akt, and p44/p42 MAPK but potentiates apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factorYasunari Takada
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Bioimmunotherapy, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:39541-54. 2004..Deletion of GSK-3beta also abolished TNF-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase and p44/p42 mitogen-activated kinase activation...
- Ligand-independent activation of steroid receptorsA P F Flint
School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leics LE12 5RD, UK
Domest Anim Endocrinol 23:13-24. 2002..various times following transfection, and MAP kinase phosphorylation was monitored by western blotting of p42 and p44. The MEK inhibitor U 0126 was used to determine whether the effect of IGF-I on CATERE expression was mediated ..
- Reactive oxygen species blockade and action of insulin on expression of angiotensinogen gene in proximal tubular cellsTusty Jiuan Hsieh
Research Centre, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal CHUM, Hotel Dieu, 3850 Saint Urbain Street, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1T8, Canada
J Endocrinol 183:535-50. 2004..Phosphorylation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p44/42 MAPK) was evaluated by western blotting...
- Involvement of protein kinase C-dependent mitogen-activated protein kinase p44/42 signaling pathway for cross-talk between estradiol and transforming growth factor-beta3 in increasing basic fibroblast growth factor in folliculostellate cellsKirti Chaturvedi
Endocrinology Program, Biomedical Division of the Center of Alcohol Studies and Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 84 Lipman Drive, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Endocrinology 145:706-15. 2004..Estradiol and TGF-beta3 alone moderately activated MAPK p44/42; together they produced marked activation of MAPK p44/42...
- Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase by oxidized low-density lipoprotein in canine cultured vascular smooth muscle cellsC M Yang
Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Taiwan
Cell Signal 12:205-14. 2000..with a specific pattern of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by [3H]thymidine incorporation and p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation in canine cultured VSMCs...
- Inhibition of IL-8-mediated MAPK activation in human neutrophils by beta1 integrin ligandsDemetra Xythalis
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Inflammation 26:83-8. 2002..to the activation of heterotrimeric G proteins that initiate multiple signaling cascades, including p38 and p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways...
- Confluence of vascular endothelial cells induces cell cycle exit by inhibiting p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase activityF Vinals
Centre de Biochimie CNRS UMR 6543, Universite de Nice, 06108 Nice, France
Mol Cell Biol 19:2763-72. 1999..In this work, we have studied the effect of cellular contact on the activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by growth factors in mouse vascular endothelial cells...
- Role of PDE4 in superoxide anion generation through p44/42MAPK regulation: a cAMP and a PKA-independent mechanismClaire Jacob
Pfizer Global R and D, Fresnes Laboratories, Department of Biology, 3 9 Rue de la Loge, 94265 Fresnes, France
Br J Pharmacol 143:257-68. 2004..We also observed that the inhibition of p44/42(MAPK) by PD98059 (1-10 microm) increased O(2)(*-) release by BAL cells enriched in neutrophils, but not by ..
- p38 but not p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase is required for nitric oxide synthase induction mediated by lipopolysaccharide in RAW 264.7 macrophagesC C Chen
Institute of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 55:481-8. 1999..7 macrophages. The role of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) p44/42 and p38 in the LPS effect was studied further...
- Protein 4.1R binding to eIF3-p44 suggests an interaction between the cytoskeletal network and the translation apparatusC L Hou
Institute of Life Science, National Defense Medical Center, and the Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Blood 96:747-53. 2000..1R as bait in a yeast 2-hybrid screen, we isolated cDNA clones encoding a polypeptide of eIF3-p44, which represents a subunit of a eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 (eIF3) complex...
- Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans lipopolysaccharide stimulates the phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases through CD14 and TLR-4 receptor activation in human gingival fibroblastsGloria Gutiérrez-Venegas
Laboratorio de Bioquímica División de Estudios de Posgrado Facultad de Odontología Universidad, Nacional Autónoma de México México, D F 04510
Life Sci 78:2577-83. 2006..with the tyrosine kinase inhibitors, herbimycin A and genistein inhibited the LPS-stimulated phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases in a dose dependent manner...
- Differential expression and glycosylation of anaplasma phagocytophilum major surface protein 2 paralogs during cultivation in sialyl Lewis x-deficient host cellsMatthew J Troese
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Kontos Medical Sciences Building, 1217 East Marshall Street, Room 215, Richmond, VA 23298 0678, USA
Infect Immun 77:1746-56. 2009..A. phagocytophilum major surface protein 2 [Msp2(P44)] is encoded by members of a paralogous gene family and is speculated to play roles in host adaptation...
- Enterovirus 71 modulates a COX-2/PGE2/cAMP-dependent viral replication in human neuroblastoma cells: role of the c-Src/EGFR/p42/p44 MAPK/CREB signaling pathwayWei Hsuan Tung
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 112:559-70. 2011..We also observed that EV71-induced p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation was decreased following pretreatment with AG1478...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 alpha and stem cell factor/kit ligand share signaling pathways in hemopoietic progenitors: a potential mechanism for cooperative induction of chemotaxisP Dutt
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Immunol 161:3652-8. 1998..SDF-1alpha treatment resulted in a rapid and robust activation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase compared with the relatively weak and delayed effect of SCF/KL treatment...
- EPAS1 trans-activation during hypoxia requires p42/p44 MAPKP W Conrad
University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0576, USA
J Biol Chem 274:33709-13. 1999..Here we show that EPAS1 is phosphorylated when PC12 cells are exposed to hypoxia and that p42/p44 MAPK is a critical mediator of EPAS1 activation...
- An interaction between apolipoprotein E and TERE1 with a possible association with bladder tumor formationTerence W McGarvey
Division of Urology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Cell Biochem 95:419-28. 2005..A significant decrease in p44/p42 MAPK phophorylation was also apparent using a phosphorylation specific antibody in human 293 kidney cells upon ..
- [Ramucirumab - a new anticancer agent]Andras Telekes
Onkológia, Bajcsy Zsilinszky Kórház Budapest, Maglodi ut 89 91, 1106
Orv Hetil 157:1587-1594. 2016..Furthermore it blocks the ligand stimulated activation of p44/p42 mitogen activated protein kinases, thus neutralizing the ligand induced proliferation and migration of human ..
- MAP kinase phosphorylation of mSos1 promotes dissociation of mSos1-Shc and mSos1-EGF receptor complexesM Rozakis-Adcock
Programme in Molecular Biology and Cancer, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Oncogene 11:1417-26. 1995..In vitro, purified p42/p44 MAP-kinase selectively phosphorylated the C-terminal tail of mSos1...
- The mobile group I intron 3 alpha of the yeast mitochondrial COXI gene encodes a 35-kDa processed protein that is an endonuclease but not a maturaseW W Guo
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
J Biol Chem 270:15563-70. 1995..All three mutants accumulate novel proteins of 35 and 44 kDa (p35 and p44, respectively) detected both by labeling of mitochondrial translation products and by Western blotting...
- Parathyroid hormone activates mitogen-activated protein kinase in opossum kidney cellsJ A Cole
The Department of Pharmacology, The University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia 65212, USA
Endocrinology 140:5771-9. 1999Many G protein-coupled receptor agonists activate p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), using signaling pathways that are a function of receptor, G protein-coupled, and effector complement...
- Mechanism of doxorubicin-induced inhibition of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase gene transcriptionM Arai
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gunma University School of Medicine, Gunma, Japan
Circ Res 86:8-14. 2000..We observed activation of 3 mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs), p44/42 MAPK, p38 MAPK, and stress-activated MAPK/Jun N-terminal kinase, by DOX, but only a specific inhibitor of the ..
- Neurotrophic effect of basic fibroblast growth factor is mediated by the p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade in cultured rat cortical neuronsK Abe
Department of Chemical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, 113 0033, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 122:81-5. 2000..Recombinant human bFGF (0.1-10 ng/ml) induced phosphorylation of p44/42 MAPK (ERK1/2) in a concentration- and time-dependent manner...
- Protein kinase calpha but not p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase, p38, or c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase is required for intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression mediated by interleukin-1beta: involvement of sequential activation of tyrosine kinase,C C Chen
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 58:1479-89. 2000..Treatment of cells with IL-1beta resulted in stimulation of p44/42 MAPK, p38, and JNK...
- Growth factor-stimulated protein synthesis is inhibited by sodium orthovanadateF Vinals
Institute of Signaling, Developmental Biology and Cancer Research, Nice, France
Eur J Biochem 268:2308-14. 2001..of several elements of signaling pathways which are known to regulate protein synthesis in a positive manner (p42/p44 MAPK, AKT and p70 S6K stimulation, and hyperphosphorylation of PHAS-I) were not inhibited but rather were ..
- HSP22, a new member of the small heat shock protein superfamily, interacts with mimic of phosphorylated HSP27 ((3D)HSP27)R Benndorf
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 276:26753-61. 2001..HSP22 is expressed predominantly in muscles. In vitro, HSP22 is phosphorylated by protein kinase C (at residues Ser(14) and Thr(63)) and by p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (at residues Ser(27) and Thr(87)) but not by MAPKAPK-2.
- Mechanism of prostaglandin D(2)-stimulated heat shock protein 27 induction in osteoblastsO Kozawa
Department of Pharmacology, Gifu University School of Medicine, 500 8705, Gifu, Japan
Cell Signal 13:535-41. 2001..PGD(2) induced the phosphorylation of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase and p38 MAP kinase...
- Divergent regulation by p44/p42 MAP kinase and p38 MAP kinase of bone morphogenetic protein-4-stimulated osteocalcin synthesis in osteoblastsOsamu Kozawa
Department of Pharmacology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
J Cell Biochem 84:583-9. 2002..BMP-4 dose-dependently stimulated osteocalcin synthesis. BMP-4 markedly induced the phosphorylation of p44/p42 MAP kinase and p38 MAP kinase, while having little effect on SAPK (stress-activated protein kinase)/JNK (c-Jun ..
- Glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor activation in the rat intestinal mucosaNatalie A Walsh
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada M5S 1A8
Endocrinology 144:4385-92. 2003..In contrast, GLP-2 did not affect p44/p42 MAPK phosphorylation or the levels of cytosolic calcium in the mucosal cell preparation...
- Proteasome mediates dopaminergic neuronal degeneration, and its inhibition causes alpha-synuclein inclusionsHideyuki Sawada
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyoku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:10710-9. 2004..reversed the MAPK dephosphorylation and blocked caspase-3 activation; the neuroprotection was blocked by a p42 and p44 MAPK kinase inhibitor...
- Acute cutaneous barrier disruption activates epidermal p44/42 and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases in human and hairless guinea pig skinHiromi Kobayashi
Department of Dermatology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Exp Dermatol 12:734-46. 2003..In the skin of hairless guinea pigs, p44/42 MAPK and p38 MAPK, but nor SAPK/JNK, were continued to be activated for at least 180 min...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha produces insulin resistance in skeletal muscle by activation of inhibitor kappaB kinase in a p38 MAPK-dependent mannerCristina de Alvaro
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:17070-8. 2004..However, in the presence of PD98059 or SP600125, inhibitors of p42/p44 MAPK or JNK, respectively, insulin resistance by TNF-alpha was still produced...
- An investigation of the MEK/ERK inhibitor U0126 in acute myeloid leukemiaA H J Kerr
Centre for Research in Biomedicine, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of the West of England, Bristol BS16 1QY, UK
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1010:86-9. 2003..of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MEK1/2), part of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) or p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway, has been shown in some instances to cause apoptosis in leukemic ..
- Identification of a novel alternative splicing variant of RGS5 mRNA in human ocular tissuesYanbin Liang
Department of Biological Science, Allergan, Inc, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
FEBS J 272:791-9. 2005..Both RGS5 and RGS5s antagonized the rapid phosphorylation of p44/42 MAP kinase induced by Galphai coupled cannibinoid receptor-1 activation...
- Novel indication for cancer therapy: Chk1 inhibition sensitizes tumor cells to antimitoticsZhan Xiao
Cancer Research, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6101, USA
Int J Cancer 115:528-38. 2005..We show that Chk1 elimination attenuates the paclitaxel-induced activation of the anti-apoptotic p42/p44 (ERK1/2) MAP kinase pathway, additionally contributing to the sensitization...
- Dedifferentiation of adult human myoblasts induced by ciliary neurotrophic factor in vitroXiaoping Chen
Department of Neurophysiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, China
Mol Biol Cell 16:3140-51. 2005..Furthermore, CNTF could activate the p44/p42 MAPK and down-regulate the expression of myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs)...
- Sprouty-2 overexpression in C2C12 cells confers myogenic differentiation properties in the presence of FGF2Cristina de Alvaro
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Mol Biol Cell 16:4454-61. 2005..These FGF2 effects are associated with sustained activation of p44/p42-MAPK and lack of activation of AKT...
- Identification of K-ras as the major regulator for cytokine-dependent Akt activation in erythroid progenitors in vivoJing Zhang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14605-10. 2005..or stem cell factor-dependent Akt activation is greatly reduced, whereas other pathways including Stat5 and p44/p42 MAP kinase are activated normally...
- Cooperation of ERK and SCFSkp2 for MKP-1 destruction provides a positive feedback regulation of proliferating signalingYun Wei Lin
Molecular Carcinogenesis Laboratory, Institute of Biotechnology, Hsinchu, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 281:915-26. 2006The dual-specificity MAPK phosphatase MKP-1/CL100/DUSP1 is an inducible nuclear protein controlled by p44/42 MAPK (ERK1/2) in a negative feedback mechanism to inhibit kinase activity...
- Agmatine protects retinal ganglion cells from hypoxia-induced apoptosis in transformed rat retinal ganglion cell lineSamin Hong
Institute of Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
BMC Neurosci 8:81. 2007..Expression and phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs; JNK, ERK p44/42, and p38) and nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) were investigated by Western immunoblot analysis...
- Selenium effectively inhibits ROS-mediated apoptotic neural precursor cell death in vitro and in vivo in traumatic brain injuryJee Eun Yeo
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, 1 10, Ami dong, Seo Gu, Busan, 602 739, South Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1772:1199-210. 2007..Moreover, selenite activates p44/42 MAPK and inhibits the downregulation of Bcl2 in selenite-treated NPC cells...
- Cyclophilin B induces integrin-mediated cell adhesion by a mechanism involving CD98-dependent activation of protein kinase C-delta and p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinasesAurélie Melchior
Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, Unité Mixte de Recherche No 8576 du CNRS, Institut de Recherche Fédératif No 147, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, 59655 Villeneuve d Ascq cedex, France
Exp Cell Res 314:616-28. 2008..e. homotypic aggregation, integrin-mediated adhesion to fibronectin and activation of p44/42 MAPK...
- Short-period hypoxia increases mouse embryonic stem cell proliferation through cooperation of arachidonic acid and PI3K/Akt signalling pathwaysS H Lee
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Biotherapy Human Resources Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, South Korea
Cell Prolif 41:230-47. 2008..by LY294002 (PI3K inhibitor, 10(-6) M), Akt inhibitor (10(-6) M), rapamycin (mTOR inhibitor, 10(-9) M), PD98059 (p44/42 inhibitor, 10(-5) M), and SB203580 (p38 MAPK inhibitor, 10(-6) M)...
- ERK and the F-box protein betaTRCP target STAT1 for degradationSurinder M Soond
Medical Molecular Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:16077-83. 2008..Active p42/p44 MAPK-ERK phosphorylates STAT1 on serine 727 and targets it for proteasomal degradation...
- Interleukin-1beta is a positive regulator of TIARP/STAMP2 gene and protein expression in adipocytes in vitroSusan Kralisch
University of Leipzig, Department of Internal Medicine III, Leipzig, Germany
FEBS Lett 583:1196-200. 2009..Signaling studies suggested that janus kinase 2, nuclear factor kappaB, and p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase are involved in IL-1beta-induced TIARP/STAMP2 mRNA expression...
- The cardioprotective actions of leptin are lost in the Zucker obese (fa/fa) ratRichard A Dixon
The Hatter Cardiovascular Institute, University College London Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 53:311-7. 2009..01). By contrast, hearts from (fa/fa) did not exhibit significant decreases in infarct size. Leptin increased p44 and p42 phosphorylation in Wistar rat hearts by 103.9% (P < 0.05) and 157.3% (P < 0...
- Estrogen receptor beta (ERbeta) subtype-specific ligands increase transcription, p44/p42 mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) activation and growth in human non-small cell lung cancer cellsPamela A Hershberger
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 116:102-9. 2009..008) and in vivo (p=0.05). We conclude that ERbeta mediates genomic and non-genomic responses to estrogen in 201T cells and that activation of both pathways may be necessary for increased proliferation of these cells...
- CCR7-specific migration to CCL19 and CCL21 is induced by PGE(2) stimulation in human monocytes: Involvement of EP(2)/EP(4) receptors activationSandra C Côté
Departement de Biologie, Universite de Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Mol Immunol 46:2682-93. 2009..While p38 MAPK was induced by PGE(2), we observed that PGE(2) can downregulate p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation. At the transcription level, inhibition of p38 MAPK inhibits CCR7 mRNA expression...
- SOCS-3 antagonises the proliferative and migratory effects of fibroblast growth factor-2 in prostate cancer by inhibition of p44/p42 MAPK signallingMartin Puhr
Department of Urology, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:525-38. 2010..In the presence of FGF-2, neither STAT3, STAT1, nor Akt could be phosphorylated. Solely the p44/p42 MAPK pathway was activated after FGF-2 stimulation...
- HSP90 inhibitors induce desensitization of EGF receptor via p38 MAPK-mediated phosphorylation at Ser1046/1047 in human pancreatic cancer cellsSeiji Adachi
Department of Gastroenterology, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Oncol Rep 23:1709-14. 2010..In KP3 cells, 17-AAG induced activation of either p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) or p38 MAPK...
- Mechanisms of peroxynitrite interactions with heme proteinsJia Su
Department of Chemistry, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Inorg Chem 49:6317-29. 2010..loop when the latter is destabilized by protonation of H26, which forms an anchoring hydrogen bond to loop residue P44. This conformation change ruptures the Met80-Fe bond, as revealed by changes in ligation-sensitive Raman bands...
- Resveratrol inhibits mTOR signaling by promoting the interaction between mTOR and DEPTORMeilian Liu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 285:36387-94. 2010..phosphorylation but had little effect on tyrosine phosphorylation of the insulin receptor and activation of the p44/42 MAPK signaling pathway...
- Hepatic stellate cells produce vascular endothelial growth factor via phospho-p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase/cyclooxygenase-2 pathwayYi Zhao
Department of Gastroenterology Surgery, Affiliated Shengjing Hospital, Medical University of China, 36 Sanhao Street, Heping District, Shenyang, China
Mol Cell Biochem 359:217-23. 2012..enhanced cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression and activation of phosphor-mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) p44/p42...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum in small mammals and ticks in northeast FloridaKerry L Clark
Department of Public Health, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Vector Ecol 37:262-8. 2012..Polymerase chain reaction assays designed to amplify portions of the major surface protein 2 gene (p44), 16S rDNA, and groESL operons were used to test rodent blood and tick DNA samples for the presence of A...
- Proteinase-activated receptor 2 (PAR(2)) in cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) cells: effects on signaling and cellular levelRoland Kaufmann
Experimental Transplantation Surgery, Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, Medical Faculty at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, University Hospital Jena, Drackendorfer Str 1, 07747 Jena, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 138:913-24. 2012..The involvement of Met, p42/p44 MAPKinases and Stat3 in PAR(2)-mediated PCCA cell signaling was further supported by the findings that trypsin and ..
- Calluna vulgaris extract modulates NF-κB/ERK signaling pathway and matrix metalloproteinase expression in SKH-1 hairless mice skin exposed to ultraviolet B irradiationG A Filip
Department of Physiology, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Physiol Pharmacol 63:423-32. 2012..At 24 hours after the last treatment, total mitogen-activated protein kinase (p44/42MAPkinase, ERK 1/2), nuclear factor-κB (phospho-NF-κB p65), matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-2, MMP-9) and ..
- NOVEL KINASE SIGNALING CASCADES IN PANCREATIC ACINIJohn Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002..three mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascades in rat acini leading to activation of ERKs (p42 and p44 MAPK), Jun Kinase and p38/Reactivating Kinase...
- The role of srcasm in keratinocyte biologyJohn Seykora; Fiscal Year: 2009..Srcasm can regulate the activity of the p44/42 MAP kinases based on the level of EGF receptor signaling...
- Control of Conjuctival Goblet Cell Mucin ProductionDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2009..rat and human conjunctival goblet cells will be used to determined if EGF stimulates proliferation by activating 1) p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase, (2) phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, or (3) PKC isoforms, Proliferation will be ..
- p75NTR-Ceramide Signaling in Alzheimer?s DiseaseLuigi Puglielli; Fiscal Year: 2012..show that hyperactivation of the aging program (mediated by the insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor, IGF1-R) in p44+/+ transgenic mice, a model of accelerated aging, leads to early TrkA-to-p75NTRswitch, increased production of A(, ..
- NUCLEUS TRACTUS SOLITARIUS MELANOCORTIN SIGNALING IN THE CONTROL OF FOOD INTAKESCOTT EDWARD KANOSKI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Proposed research will build upon our preliminary findings and other recent data by targeting the p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathway and potential upstream kinases (protein kinase A [PKA] ..
- Aging and Alzheimer's Disease Potential Link with IGF1-RLuigi Puglielli; Fiscal Year: 2012..downstream of IGF1-R requires IRS2, PI3K, PIP3, Egr-1, HIPK2, and is under the inhibitory control of PTEN and p44. We also show that IGF1-R acts up-stream of p75NTR/TrkA in the regulation of A2 generation...
- JOHN ALAN DIEHL; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 1 will determine the ability of PRMT5/MEP50 to cooperate with oncogenic cyclin D1T286A to induce neoplastic growth;Aim 2 will determine the role of PRMT5/..
- Alcohol and Sca-1;Impairment of the granulopoietic precursor cell responseJohn Nicholas Melvan; Fiscal Year: 2013..This process involves key cell signaling pathways that down-regulate STAT3 signaling and enhance p44/p42-cyclin D signaling...
- The role of stem cells in longevity suppression by p44 (deltaN-p53)Erica K Ungewitter; Fiscal Year: 2010..on identifying the biological mechanisms by which increased dosage of the gene encoding the short isoform of p53 (p44) accelerates the rate of aging in the mouse...
- Bile acid-induced colon cancer cell proliferationJean Pierre Raufman; Fiscal Year: 2009..agonist-induced cell proliferation will be studied using immunoblotting to probe for activated proteins in the p44/42 MARK, p38 MARK and JNK pathways, and by examining the roles of phospholipase C and protein kinase C activation ..
- Ping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2014..alcohol inhibits activation of lin-c-kit+Sca-1+ cell proliferation in response to septicemia via impairing the TLR4-p44/42-cyclin D pathway...
- GENE EXPRESSION BY HUMAN GRANULOCYTIC EHRLICHIOSIS AGYasuko Rikihisa; Fiscal Year: 2004..Their recent study indicates that there are a total of approximately 18 copies of p44 genes and the HGE agent in a human promyelocytic leukemia cell line, HL-60, expresses 5 of them...
- C/EBPbeta Isoform Function & Regulation by Tyrosine KinasesCynthia Zahnow; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, EGFR-mediated-p44/42 MAPK signaling phosphorylates and activates the RNA binding protein, CUGBP1, which then binds to C/EBPB mRNA to ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION BY FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORDwight Towler; Fiscal Year: 2001..by expression of dominant negative Ras or MAPK ohosphatase -2, yet is unaffected by inhibition of the classic p44/p42 MAPK cacade...
- Rationally designed Rift Valley Fever Virus VaccineRamon Flick; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypothesis is based on the finding that interferon antagonistic action of NSs occurs via its interaction with p44 a component of the transcription factor TFIIH...
- RAGE and a Novel Tumor AxisAnn Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2005..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppresses activation of members of the kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPKIJNK involved in modulating tumor proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- Alcohol and Impairment of the Granulopoietic Response to PneumoniaPing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Binding of G-CSF to its receptor activates the p44/42-cyclin D pathway to promote myeloid progenitor cell proliferation...
- RAGE and modulation of tumor propertiesEmina Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppressed activation of members of the MAP kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPK/JNK, involved in tumor cell proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- AIRWAY MYOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND LYSOSOMAL HYDROLASEDUKHEE LEW; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific aims are: 1) To determine the contribution of p42 and p44 mitogen activated protein kinases (p42/44MAPK) and 70-kD ribosomal protein S6 kinase (p70S6k) in mannosyl-rich ..
- SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN PHARMACOLOGICAL PRECONDITIONINGRAKESH KUKREJA; Fiscal Year: 2004..hypothesis is that pharmacological triggers of PC activate signaling pathway leading to phosphorylation of p38, p44 and p42 MAP kinases and also cause their translocation in the nucleus...
- Role of MAP kinases in anaplastic large cell lymphomaYouli Zu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Biochemical studies have shown that cellular ALK binds to several signaling molecules of the p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p44/42 MAPK) cascade...
- REGULATION OF BBB GLUT1 GLUCOSE TRANSPORTERWilliam Pardridge; Fiscal Year: 2002..Previous studies have described a polysome protein, designated p44, and a cytosolic protein, designated p88, which interact with two different cis-elements within the 3'-UTR of the ..
- MECHANISM & CONTROL OF HUMAN NUCLEOTIDE EXCISION REPAIRZhen Qiang Pan; Fiscal Year: 2001..TFIIH* consists of a subset of the TFIIH complex proteins including ERCC3, p62, p44, p41, and p34...
- Regulation of Cell Signaling and AdhesionJOE RAMOS; Fiscal Year: 2006..I have used an expression-cloning strategy to isolate a protein that blocks ERK/MAPK (p42/p44) signaling, PEA-15. PEA-15 impairs several ERK functions such as activation of transcription...
- Mechanisms of CD40-mediated Expression of MMPs & TIMP-1Peter Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..enhancer A3 promoter activity on the TIMP-1 gene will be determined as well as the relative roles of the JNK, p42/p44 and p38 MAPK signaling pathways in mediating TIMP-1 expression...
- Regulation of NO Signaling in Pulmonary VaculatureRoger Johns; Fiscal Year: 2006..The second aim will investigate the effect of NO and L-arginase I expression on polyamine activation of p42/p44 protein kinases, p21 and resultant changes in cell cycle and proliferative response of pulmonary microvascular ..
- Mechanisms of short and long interval fear extinctionKaryn Myers; Fiscal Year: 2007..fear erasure. Preliminary data suggest differential involvement of NMDA receptors: expression of p44/42 MAPK and the NR2B (but not NR1) subunit of the NMDA receptor decreases within the amygdala following 10 min ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF DELAYED PRECONDITIONINGRAKESH KUKREJA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our second hypothesis is that rapid pacing triggers signaling pathway leading to the phosphorylation of p38, p44/p42 (ERK I & 2) and p46/p54 JNK kinases...
- Cancer: MAPK phosphorylation and nuclear translocationDANIEL MARENDA; Fiscal Year: 2005..In mammals, MARK proteins p42/p44 (also called ERK 1/2) phosphorylate and activate a number of targets in both the cytoplasm and the nucleus, and in ..
- Lipitor/Celebrex: effect on prostate cancer progressionXi Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will specifically determine if the concurrent inhibition of Akt and p44/42 MAP kinase activation by Lipitor and Celebrex in combination is associated with synergistic induction of ..
- OPIOID AND ALCOHOL REGULATED IMMUNE FUNCTIONDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ROLE OF OPIATES IN ALCOHOL-INDUCED NEUROTOXICITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CONSTRUCTION OF BIOLOGY RESEARCH FACILITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Biology of the NK cell cytolytic activity rhythmDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed series of studies should enhance our knowledge of the physiological mechanisms orchestrating NK cell circadian function. ..
- Signal Transduction Mechanisms in Neuroendocrine NeuronsArshad Khan; Fiscal Year: 2006..This training will further my career goal of studying cellular signaling using an in vivo approach. ..
- ESTROGEN MITOGENIC ACTION IN THE PITUITARYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such knowledge should be important in understanding prolactinoma because increased proliferation is an early step in cell transformation. ..
- Fetal Alcohol Effects on Circadian clocks and POMCDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information should help to develop therapeutic strategies in managing sleep-wake disturbances and the resultant health consequences in FAE offspring. ..
- HUCBC modulation of Alzheimer-like pathology and behavioral changesJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2007..This knowledge is used to rationalize U-CORD-CELL" as a potentially safe and effective immunomodulatory therapy for AD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NIDA DRUG ABUSE RESEARCH COLLABORATIONGREGORY COLE; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Regulation of Intestinal Glutamine Transport in SepsisMing Pan; Fiscal Year: 2006..In conducting these studies, the candidate will obtain the experience and expertise necessary to become an independent investigator. ..
- Cardiomyocyte Signaling Through Focal AdhesionMARIA HEIDKAMP; Fiscal Year: 2003..Their effects on FAF and SA will be investigated. A better understanding of the signaling pathways which contribute to cardiac hypertrophy would enable novel, therapeutic agents of disease prevention to be discovered. ..
- Tyrosine phosphorylation during A. phagocytophilum invasionJacob Ijdo; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] In the Unites States, Human Granulocytic Ehrlichiosis is an emerging tick-associated disease and in[unreadable] endemic areas the incidence is second only to Lyme disease. ..
- Failed rescue of old skeletal muscle from atrophyFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2004..Identifying the inappropriately expressed mRNAs associated with failed muscle regrowth of old muscles will permit a more scientifically-based growth factor rescue of old atrophied muscle. ..
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF OPIOID RECEPTORSLee Yuan Liu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The information will provide insights into the structures of the binding-site crevices of opioid receptors, which will aid in the design of selective agonists and antagonists for prevention and treatment of drug abuse. ..
- Function of Cortactin, a Src TargetJ Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such mice, bearing a mutated form of Cortactin will allow one to directly test the role of Cortactin in mediating specific cellular functions in a cell type specific fashion. ..
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES ON TEA AND CARCINOGENESISChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicant and colleagues will address key issues concerning the bioavailability and bioactivities of O-methyl, glucuronide, and sulfate derivatives and two ring-fission metabolites of tea catechins. ..
- GENETICS AND INTERMITTENT MYOCARDIAL HYPOXIAJohn Baker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- EXERCISE INDUCED GROWTH OF SKELETAL MUSCLEFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2003..Elucidation of the mechanisms signaling skeletal muscle growth may lead to drugs, gene therapy, or other countermeasures against skeletal muscle wasting in individuals for whom exercise is perhaps impossible. ..
- CHRONIC HYPOXIA AND RESISTANCE TO MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIAJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies are expected to have an impact on our understanding of the biology of Tpo in heart and may lead to the development of new therapeutics for the treatment of myocardial infarction. ..
- PKC Signaling in cAMP-Induced Pulmonary VasodilationSCOTT BARMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Progress of these studies will provide important knowledge towards the development of novel therapeutic agents that will help reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Adenosine in trauma and sepsisGyorgy Hasko; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- IGF-I and its binding proteins in vascular smooth muscle cellsCunming Duan; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Signal Transduction Mechanisms in Suicide BrainYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Gap Junctions and Cancer Drug TherapyRANDALL RUCH; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may lead to new cancer therapy paradigms and treatments. ..
- Voluntary Exercise Therapy after Traumatic Brain InjuryGRACE GRIESBACH; Fiscal Year: 2006..In order to address these specific aims, I will utilize the lateral fluid-percussion injury model in rats and voluntary running wheel exposure. Protein, gene, histological and behavioral studies will be conducted. ..
- ANTAGONISM OF VEGF-DRIVEN ANGIOGENESISDONALD SENGER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Regulation- Medulloblastoma Growth by alpha-v integrinsTobey Macdonald; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-range goal of this work is to broaden our understanding of medulloblastoma growth, so that novel biologic therapies may be developed into new treatments for medulloblastoma, the most common malignant brain tumor in children. ..
- Proteomics: Inactivity-induced muscle insulin resistanceFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2002..Outcomes of this proposal will better establish that healthy active skeletal muscles interact with other organ systems to prevent the metabolic disorders of type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, and obesity. ..
- MACROPHAGE ACTIVATION AND LIPOPROTEIN METABOLISMMaria Lopes Virella; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our overall objective is to provide insight into the mechanisms by which anti-LDL antibodies and macrophage activation may contribute to the development(acceleration of the arteriosclerotic process. ..
- BETA 1 INTEGRIN ANTAGONISM & RETINAL NEOVASCULARIZATIONDONALD SENGER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Moreover, it is anticipated that findings here will suggest new strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..
- INVESTIGATING THE MECHANISMS OF PRB TUMOR SUPPRESSIONArnab Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim number 3: To determine whether the deregulation of E2F dependent transcription is correlated with the tumorigenic potential of RB -/- cells in-vivo. ..
- Nonpeptide Antagonists of CCR-7 for ImmunosuppressionDavid Alleva; Fiscal Year: 2002..Indeed, a favorable out-come of these experiments would support the therapeutic potential of CCR7 antagonists in MS PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- Hypertension and Collagen: Effect of Ac-SDKPNour Eddine Rhaleb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Consequently, it will identify another component (Ac-SDKP) as part of the multiple mediators participating in the cardioprotective effects of ACEi in hypertension. ..
- Tissue Factor-factor Vlla signalingUsha Pendurthi; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will provide valuable information in understanding how TF contributes to tumorigenesis. These studies will also provide clues on potential therapeutic targets for prevention of cancer progression. ..
- Radiation injury to the heartJohn E Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..1 ..
- CD40 Modulation of Abeta-Vaccine Immune ResponseJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- POSTRECEPTOR DYSREGULATION IN DEPRESSIONYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Dopamine Transporter Regulation in Rat BrainBRIAN HOOVER; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will help elucidate the biochemical mechanisms underlying DAT regulation in brain under both physiological and drug-exposed conditions. ..
- ANGIOTENSIN AND CENTRAL NEUROHUMORAL ACTIVATION IN CHFRobert Felder; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will provide new information concerning the role of the central nervous system in the pathophysiology of CHF and will draw attention to the possibility of CNS directed drug therapy for heart failure. ..
- Host defense functions of M. tuberculosis lipoglycanEdward Chan; Fiscal Year: 2005..3. To elucidate the role of the TLRs, MAPK and NFkB signaling pathways, and ManLAM in controlling the growth of M. tuberculosis in mouse and human macrophages and to correlate effects on growth with NO* and TNFa expression. ..
- INHIBITION OF CARCINOGENESIS BY TEA AND TEA CONSTITUENTSChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Jointly, we intend to make major contributions to the use of tea for the I chemoprevention of cancer. ..
- Protein ubiquitination based neuroprotection for strokeRobert Meller; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- ESOPHAGEAL ADENOCARCINOGENESIS AND ITS PREVENTIONChung Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are expected to fully elucidate the roles of oxidative stress and aberrant AA metabolism in the formation of EAC and help develop effective agents for its prevention. ..
- Delayed Neurodegeneration After Intracerebral HemorrhageGuohua Xi; Fiscal Year: 2007..If our hypotheses are correct, these experiments may lead to novel therapies for ICH by either limiting iron overload or attenuating oxidative brain injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FOCAL ADHESION KINASE SIGNALINGJ Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MATERNAL ALCOHOLISM AND CNS DEVELOPMENT IN OFFSPRINGMARY DRUSE MANTEUFFEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analyses will include western blot analyses, real-time quantitative RT-PCR, fluorescence and light microscopy, immunohistochemistry, and enzyme assays. ..
- Rapid ischemic tolerance: Ubiquitin-mediated structural reorganizationRobert Meller; Fiscal Year: 2007..Indeed, the long-term aim of these studies is to discover endogenous protective mechanisms that can be translated into effective rapid acting neuroprotective agents for stroke. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pasteurella multocida toxin: Structure and ActivityBrenda Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2008..4) To characterize the cellular receptor(s) and to elucidate the internalization pathway(s) utilized by PMT to gain entry into cells. ..
- Validating microRNA Analysis in Human Postmortem BrainYogesh Dwivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Green tea derived EGCG opposes AIDS dementia-like neuronal damageJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data should lay the foundation for further research leading to human trials in the near future. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SATELLITE STEM CELL BIOLOGYFrank Booth; Fiscal Year: 2008..The outcomes of the research will provide a more scientific basis to devise therapies to prevent and treat sarcopenia and physical frailty. ..
- MECHANISMS OF BRAIN EDEMA AFTER INTRACEREBRAL HEMORRHAGEGuohua Xi; Fiscal Year: 2009..The purpose of our project is to investigate the mechanisms involved in thrombin-induced brain edema. If our hypotheses are correct, these experiments may lead to novel methods of treating ICH. ..