Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS35
Description: VPS35, retromer complex component
Alias: MEM3, PARK17, vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 35, hVPS35, maternal-embryonic 3, vacuolar protein sorting 35 homolog
Publications136 found, 100 shown here
- Assembly and solution structure of the core retromer protein complexSuzanne J Norwood
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Traffic 12:56-71. 2011..The core of retromer possesses three subunits, VPS35, VPS29 and VPS26, that play different roles in binding to cargo, regulatory proteins and complex stabilization...
- Human homologues of yeast vacuolar protein sorting 29 and 35A J Edgar
Department of Histochemistry and Tissue Engineering Centre, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 277:622-30. 2000..The 10.5 kb, 5 exon, VPS29 gene is located on chromosome 12q24 and the 29.6 kb, 17 exon, VPS35 gene is on chromosome 16...
- Human orthologs of yeast vacuolar protein sorting proteins Vps26, 29, and 35: assembly into multimeric complexesC R Haft
Diabetes Branch, National Institutes of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1770, USA
Mol Biol Cell 11:4105-16. 2000..The data suggest a model in which hVps35 serves as the core of a multimeric complex by binding directly to hVps26, hVps29, and SNX1...
- The mammalian retromer regulates transcytosis of the polymeric immunoglobulin receptorMarcel Verges
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 2140, USA
Nat Cell Biol 6:763-9. 2004..Here, we show a function for the mammalian Vps35-Vps29-Vps26 retromer subcomplex in promoting pIgR-pIgA transcytosis.
- A novel mammalian retromer component, Vps26BMarkus C Kerr
Institute for Molecular Bioscience and ARC Centre in Bioinformatics, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Traffic 6:991-1001. 2005The mammalian retromer protein complex, which consists of three proteins--Vps26, Vps29, and Vps35--in association with members of the sorting nexin family of proteins, has been implicated in the trafficking of receptors and their ligands ..
- Interchangeable but essential functions of SNX1 and SNX2 in the association of retromer with endosomes and the trafficking of mannose 6-phosphate receptorsRaul Rojas
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Building 18T Room 101, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:1112-24. 2007..Previous studies showed that the mammalian retromer comprises three proteins, named Vps26, Vps29, and Vps35, plus the sorting nexin, SNX1...
- The vacuolar-ATPase inhibitor bafilomycin and mutant VPS35 inhibit canonical Wnt signalingAna George
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veteran s Administration Hospital, Bedford, MA 01730 1114, USA
Neurobiol Dis 26:125-33. 2007..a possible indirect interaction between the LRP6 intracellular domain and vacuolar protein sorting protein 35 (VPS35)...
- Functional architecture of the retromer cargo-recognition complexAitor Hierro
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 449:1063-7. 2007..Human retromer consists of two smaller complexes: the cargo recognition VPS26-VPS29-VPS35 heterotrimer and a membrane-targeting heterodimer or homodimer of SNX1 and/or SNX2 (ref. 13)...
- Dominant-negative behavior of mammalian Vps35 in yeast requires a conserved PRLYL motif involved in retromer assemblyXiang Zhao
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, University of Michigan, 5560 MSRB2, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Traffic 8:1829-40. 2007..Yeast Vps35p (yVps35) exhibits similarity to human Vps35 (hVps35), especially in a completely conserved PRLYL motif contained within an amino-terminal domain...
- The retromer complex influences Wnt secretion by recycling wntless from endosomes to the trans-Golgi networkTatyana Y Belenkaya
Division of Developmental Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dev Cell 14:120-31. 2008..Here, we have examined a role of Vps35, an essential retromer subunit, in Wnt signaling in Drosophila and mammalian cells...
- Wingless secretion requires endosome-to-Golgi retrieval of Wntless/Evi/Sprinter by the retromer complexXavier Franch-Marro
MRC National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Nat Cell Biol 10:170-7. 2008..Our analysis of a Drosophila mutant in Vps35 show that, instead, the retromer complex is required for efficient progression of Wingless (a Drosophila Wnt) ..
- The retromer coat complex coordinates endosomal sorting and dynein-mediated transport, with carrier recognition by the trans-Golgi networkThomas Wassmer
The Henry Wellcome Integrated Signalling Laboratories, Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Dev Cell 17:110-22. 2009..These interactions describe fundamental steps in retromer-mediated transport and establish that the spatial organization of the retromer network is a critical element required for efficient retromer-mediated sorting...
- Analysis of articulation between clathrin and retromer in retrograde sorting on early endosomesVincent Popoff
Institut Curie Centre de Recherche, Traffic, Signaling and Delivery Laboratory, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Traffic 10:1868-80. 2009..J Biol Chem 2001;276:7069-7078), but also via the core complex component Vps35. Hrs codistributes at the ultrastructural level with STxB on early endosomes, and interfering with Hrs function ..
- Retromer-mediated direct sorting is required for proper endosomal recycling of the mammalian iron transporter DMT1Mitsuaki Tabuchi
Department of Molecular Genetics, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki, Okayama 701 0192, Japan
J Cell Sci 123:756-66. 2010..DMT1-II colocalizes with the Vps35 subunit of the retromer in TfR-positive endosomes...
- Vps35 mediates vesicle transport between the mitochondria and peroxisomesEmelie Braschi
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4W7, Canada
Curr Biol 20:1310-5. 2010..An unbiased screen shows that Vps35 and Vps26 are found in complex with MAPL, and confocal imaging reveals Vps35 recruitment to mitochondrial vesicles...
- The cargo-selective retromer complex is a recruiting hub for protein complexes that regulate endosomal tubule dynamicsMichael E Harbour
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
J Cell Sci 123:3703-17. 2010..two protein complexes that act together in endosome-to-Golgi retrieval; the cargo-selective complex is a trimer of VPS35, VPS29 and VPS26 that sorts cargo into tubules for retrieval to the Golgi...
- SNX27 mediates retromer tubule entry and endosome-to-plasma membrane trafficking of signalling receptorsPaul Temkin
Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nat Cell Biol 13:715-21. 2011..The present results identify a role for retromer in endocytic trafficking of signalling receptors, in regulating a receptor-linked signalling pathway, and in mediating direct endosome-to-plasma membrane traffic...
- A SNX3-dependent retromer pathway mediates retrograde transport of the Wnt sorting receptor Wntless and is required for Wnt secretionMartin Harterink
Hubrecht Institute, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences and University Medical Center Utrecht, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nat Cell Biol 13:914-23. 2011..These results demonstrate that SNX3 is part of an alternative retromer pathway that functionally separates the retrograde transport of Wls from other retromer cargo...
- VPS35 mutations in Parkinson diseaseCarles Vilariño-Güell
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 89:162-7. 2011..3 years. Exome analysis suggests that an aspartic-acid-to-asparagine mutation within vacuolar protein sorting 35 (VPS35 c.1858G>A; p.Asp620Asn) is the genetic determinant of disease...
- A mutation in VPS35, encoding a subunit of the retromer complex, causes late-onset Parkinson diseaseAlexander Zimprich
Department of Neurology, Medizinische Universität Wien, Vienna, Austria
Am J Hum Genet 89:168-75. 2011..We found a missense mutation, c.1858G>A (p.Asp620Asn), in the VPS35 gene in all seven affected family members who are alive...
- Inhibition of retromer activity by herpesvirus saimiri tip leads to CD4 downregulation and efficient T cell transformationDior Kingston
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics and Tumor Virology Division, New England Primate Research Center, Harvard Medical School, Southborough, Massachusetts 01772 9102, USA
J Virol 85:10627-38. 2011..that the amino-terminal conserved, glutamate-rich sequence of Tip specifically interacts with the retromer subunit Vps35 and that this interaction not only causes the redistribution of Vps35 from the early endosome to the lysosome but ..
- Contribution of VPS35 genetic variability to LBD in the Flanders-Belgian populationAline Verstraeten
Neurodegenerative Brain Diseases Group, Department of Molecular Genetics, VIB, Antwerp, Belgium
Neurobiol Aging 33:1844.e11-3. 2012b>VPS35 was recently identified as a novel autosomal dominant gene for Parkinson disease...
- Rab GTPase-activating proteins in autophagy: regulation of endocytic and autophagy pathways by direct binding to human ATG8 modifiersDoris Popovic
Frankfurt Institute for Molecular Life Sciences and Institute of Biochemistry II, Goethe University School of Medicine, Frankfurt, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 32:1733-44. 2012..We propose that LC3-interacting Rab GAPs are implicated in the reprogramming of the endocytic trafficking events under starvation-induced autophagy...
- Multiple repeat elements within the FAM21 tail link the WASH actin regulatory complex to the retromerDa Jia
Department of Biochemistry, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:2352-61. 2012..which contains 21 copies of a novel L-F-[D/E](3-10)-L-F motif, directly interacts with the retromer CSC protein VPS35. Endosomal localization of FAM21 is VPS35 dependent and relies on multivalency of FAM21 repeat elements...
- VPS35 gene variants are not associated with Parkinson's disease in the mainland Chinese populationJi Feng Guo
Department of Neurology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:983-5. 2012b>VPS35 gene mutation has recently been reported in autosomal-dominant, late-onset Parkinson disease (PD). There are no reports regarding the association between VPS35 and Parkinson's disease (PD) in the Chinese population...
- Endosomal recruitment of the WASH complex: active sequences and mutations impairing interaction with the retromerEmmanuele Helfer
Centre de Recherche de Gif, Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, CNRS UPR3082, Avenue de la Terrasse, Gif sur Yvette Cedex 91198, France
Biol Cell 105:191-207. 2013..A major challenge is to understand how the WASH molecular machine is recruited to the surface of endosomes. The retromer endosomal machinery has been proposed by us and others to play a role in this process...
- Pathogenic mutation in VPS35 impairs its protection against MPP(+) cytotoxicityFangfang Bi
Department of Neurology, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Int J Biol Sci 9:149-55. 2013..Recent studies indicate that mutation in the vacuolar protein sorting 35 (vps35) gene segregates with Parkinson's disease in some families, but how mutation in the vps35 gene causes dopaminergic ..
- Regulation of WASH-dependent actin polymerization and protein trafficking by ubiquitinationYi Heng Hao
Department of Physiology, UT Southwestern Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell 152:1051-64. 2013..These findings provide a cellular and molecular function for MAGE-L2-TRIM27 in retrograde transport, including an unappreciated role of K63-linked ubiquitination and identification of an activating signal of the WASH regulatory complex...
- A global analysis of SNX27-retromer assembly and cargo specificity reveals a function in glucose and metal ion transportFlorian Steinberg
The Henry Wellcome Integrated Signalling Laboratories, School of Biochemistry, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Nat Cell Biol 15:461-71. 2013..Our data identify the SNX27-retromer as a major endosomal recycling hub required to maintain cellular nutrient homeostasis...
- The Vps35 D620N mutation linked to Parkinson's disease disrupts the cargo sorting function of retromerJordan Follett
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Traffic 15:230-44. 2014The retromer is a trimeric cargo-recognition protein complex composed of Vps26, Vps29 and Vps35 associated with protein trafficking within endosomes...
- Mutation in VPS35 associated with Parkinson's disease impairs WASH complex association and inhibits autophagyEszter Zavodszky
1 Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, University of Cambridge, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK 2
Nat Commun 5:3828. 2014..b>VPS35 is a component of the retromer complex, which mediates endosome-to-Golgi retrieval of membrane proteins such as ..
- Role of the mammalian retromer in sorting of the cation-independent mannose 6-phosphate receptorCecilia N Arighi
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 165:123-33. 2004..Here, we show that the mammalian retromer complex participates in this retrieval pathway. The hVps35 subunit of retromer interacts with the cytosolic domain of the CI-MPR...
- Membrane recruitment of the cargo-selective retromer subcomplex is catalysed by the small GTPase Rab7 and inhibited by the Rab-GAP TBC1D5Matthew N J Seaman
University of Cambridge, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Addenbrookes Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
J Cell Sci 122:2371-82. 2009..Retromer comprises two functional subcomplexes: the cargo-selective subcomplex is a trimer of the VPS35, VPS29, VPS26 proteins, whereas the sorting nexin proteins, Snx1 and Snx2 function to tubulate the endosomal ..
- GOLPH3 modulates mTOR signalling and rapamycin sensitivity in cancerKenneth L Scott
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nature 459:1085-90. 2009....
- A multi-centre clinico-genetic analysis of the VPS35 gene in Parkinson disease indicates reduced penetrance for disease-associated variantsManu Sharma
Department of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research and DZNE German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases, Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Str 3, Tubingen 72076, Germany
J Med Genet 49:721-6. 2012..Asp620Asn) in the vacuolar protein sorting 35 gene as a cause for an autosomal dominant form of Parkinson disease . Although additional missense variants were described, their pathogenic role yet remains inconclusive...
- The VPS35 gene and Parkinson's diseaseHao Deng
Center for Experimental Medicine, The Third Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
Mov Disord 28:569-75. 2013..Recently, the identification of the vacuolar protein sorting 35 homolog gene (VPS35), linked to autosomal dominant late-onset PD, has provided new clues to the ..
- Btn2, a Hook1 ortholog and potential Batten disease-related protein, mediates late endosome-Golgi protein sorting in yeastRachel Kama
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 27:605-21. 2007..g., Snc1 and Snc2 [Snc1/2], Tlg1, Tlg2, and Vti1), the Snx4 sorting nexin, and retromer (e.g., Vps26 and Vps35)...
- Endosome to Golgi retrieval of the vacuolar protein sorting receptor, Vps10p, requires the function of the VPS29, VPS30, and VPS35 gene productsM N Seaman
Division of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093 0668, USA
J Cell Biol 137:79-92. 1997..This phenotype is similar to that seen in cells with mutations in the previously characterized VPS10 and VPS35 genes...
- EHD1 interacts with retromer to stabilize SNX1 tubules and facilitate endosome-to-Golgi retrievalSuzanne Gokool
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 0XY, UK
Traffic 8:1873-86. 2007..The interaction between EHD1 and retromer and the requirement for EHD1 to stabilize SNX1-tubules establish EHD1 as a novel facilitating component of endosome-to-Golgi retrieval...
- Model-guided microarray implicates the retromer complex in Alzheimer's diseaseScott A Small
Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer s Disease and the Aging Brain, Department of Neurology, and the Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Ann Neurol 58:909-19. 2005..Among many expression differences, the retromer trafficking molecule VPS35 best conformed to the spatiotemporal model of AD...
- A family of small coiled-coil-forming proteins functioning at the late endosome in yeastA Kranz
, , , Germany
Mol Biol Cell 12:711-23. 2001..In our screen, we identified several known vacuolar protein sorting (VPS) genes (SNF7/VPS32, VPS4, and VPS35) and a previously uncharacterized open reading frame, which we named MOS10 (more of Ste6)...
- The location and trafficking routes of the neuronal retromer and its role in amyloid precursor protein transportAkhil Bhalla
The Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer s Disease and the Aging Brain, Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York NY10032, USA
Neurobiol Dis 47:126-34. 2012..Here we use hippocampal neuronal cultures to address these issues. Using fluorescence microscopy, we find that Vps35, the core element of the retromer complex, is in dendrites and axons, is enriched in endosomes and trans-Golgi ..
- Correlation between the biochemical pathways altered by mutated parkinson-related genes and chronic exposure to manganeseJerome A Roth
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, United States Electronic address
Neurotoxicology 44:314-25. 2014..early-onset of Parkinson's as well as those genes linked with late onset of the disorder which include, LRRK2 and VPS35. Since mutations in these genes and excess Mn potentially disrupt similar cellular processes within the basal ..
- Retromer-dependent neurotransmitter receptor trafficking to synapses is altered by the Parkinson's disease VPS35 mutation p.D620NL N Munsie
Department Medical Genetics, Centre for Applied Neurogenetics, Djavad Mowafagian Centre for Brain Health, Vancouver, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 24:1691-703. 2015Vacuolar protein sorting 35 (VPS35) is a core component of the retromer complex, crucial to endosomal protein sorting and intracellular trafficking. We recently linked a mutation in VPS35 (p.D620N) to familial parkinsonism...
- Genetic variability of the retromer cargo recognition complex in parkinsonismEmil K Gustavsson
Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health, Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada Department of Neuroscience, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway Department of Neurology, St Olav s Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Mov Disord 30:580-4. 2015A pathogenic mutation (VPS35 p.D620N) within the retromer complex has been shown to segregate with late-onset Parkinson's disease (PD). Several studies have subsequently detected the mutation in patients with PD and not in controls.
- VPS35-deficiency results in an impaired AMPA receptor trafficking and decreased dendritic spine maturationYun Tian
Department of Geriatrics and Department of Neurology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, 410008, China
Mol Brain 8:70. 2015Vacuolar protein sorting 35 (VPS35), a key component of retromer, plays an important role in endosome-to-Golgi retrieval of membrane proteins...
- Functional characterization of retromer in GLUT4 storage vesicle formation and adipocyte differentiationZhe Yang
Institute for Molecular Biosciences, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia and Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
FASEB J 30:1037-50. 2016..In conclusion, our study demonstrates a role for retromer in the GSV formation and adipogenesis...
- Parkinson's disease-associated mutant VPS35 causes mitochondrial dysfunction by recycling DLP1 complexesWenzhang Wang
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Nat Med 22:54-63. 2016..The VPS35 gene, which encodes a key component of the membrane protein-recycling retromer complex, is the third autosomal-..
- Tissue-specific tagging of endogenous loci in Drosophila melanogasterKate Koles
Department of Biology, Brandeis University, 415 South St, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Biol Open 5:83-9. 2015..We have employed this method to GFP tag OCRL (a phosphoinositide-5-phosphatase in the endocytic pathway) and Vps35 (a Parkinson's disease-implicated component of the endosomal retromer complex) in diverse Drosophila tissues ..
- Genetic Evidence for the Role of the Vacuole in Supplying Secretory Organelles with Ca2+ in Hansenula polymorphaAnastasia V Fokina
A N Bach Institute of Biochemistry, Research Center of Biotechnology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
PLoS ONE 10:e0145915. 2015..COPI-mediated vesicular transport, (ii) inactivation of the vacuolar Ca2+ ATPase Pmc1 and (iii) inactivation of Vps35, which is a component of the retromer complex responsible for protein transport between the vacuole and secretory ..
- VPS35 binds farnesylated N-Ras in the cytosol to regulate N-Ras traffickingMo Zhou
Perlmutter Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016
J Cell Biol 214:445-58. 2016..purification and mass spectrographic identification revealed that among the proteins found in the HMW fraction is VPS35, a latent cytosolic component of the retromer coat...
- Impaired striatal dopamine release in homozygous Vps35 D620N knock-in miceNobutaka Ishizu
Department of Neurology and Neurological Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo, Japan Department of Neurology, Tokyo National Hospital, Tokyo Japan
Hum Mol Genet . 2016..sorting 35 gene (VPS35) have been associated with an autosomal dominant form of late-onset Parkinson disease (PARK17), but there has been considerable debate over whether it is caused by a loss- or gain-of-function mechanism and ..
- Structural Mechanism for Cargo Recognition by the Retromer ComplexMaria Lucas
Structural Biology Unit, CIC bioGUNE, Bizkaia Technology Park, 48160 Derio, Spain
Cell 167:1623-1635.e14. 2016..Here, we present an X-ray crystallographic analysis of a four-component complex comprising the VPS26 and VPS35 subunits of retromer, the sorting nexin SNX3, and a recycling signal from the divalent cation transporter DMT1-II...
- Frequency of the D620N mutation in VPS35 in Parkinson diseaseKishore R Kumar
Section of Clinical and Molecular Neurogenetics, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Arch Neurol 69:1360-4. 2012To evaluate the frequency and clinical spectrum of the recently identified p.D620N mutation in the VPS35 gene in Parkinson disease (PD) in an international sample.
- Lysosome-dependent pathways as a unifying theme in Parkinson's diseaseGeorge K Tofaris
Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences and Oxford Parkinson s Disease Center, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Mov Disord 27:1364-9. 2012..Glucocerebrosidase and ATP13A2 are important components of this degradative organelle. VPS35 and LRRK2 may regulate trafficking within lysosome-dependent pathways, such as autophagy and endosomal vesicle ..
- VPS35 regulates developing mouse hippocampal neuronal morphogenesis by promoting retrograde trafficking of BACE1Chun Lei Wang
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, and Department of Neurology, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Biol Open 1:1248-57. 2012b>VPS35, a major component of the retromer, plays an important role in the selective endosome-to-Golgi retrieval of membrane proteins...
- VPS35 Asp620Asn and EIF4G1 Arg1205His mutations are rare in Parkinson disease from southwest ChinaYongping Chen
Department of Neurology and State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and Cancer Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Neurobiol Aging 34:1709.e7-8. 2013The Asp620Asn mutation in the vacuolar protein sorting protein 35 (VPS35) gene and the Arg1205His mutation in the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4 gamma 1 (EIF4G1) gene were identified in autosomal dominant late-onset familial ..
- RAB7L1 interacts with LRRK2 to modify intraneuronal protein sorting and Parkinson's disease riskDavid A MacLeod
Department of Neurology and Taub Institute, Columbia University, Black Building 1208, 650 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 77:425-39. 2013..defects in RAB7L1 or LRRK2 led to endolysosomal and Golgi apparatus sorting defects and deficiency of the VPS35 component of the retromer complex...
- Monogenic Parkinson's disease and parkinsonism: clinical phenotypes and frequencies of known mutationsAndreas Puschmann
Dept for Neurology, Lund University and Skåne University Hospital, Getingevagen 4, 22185 Lund, Sweden
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 19:407-15. 2013Mutations in seven genes are robustly associated with autosomal dominant (SNCA, LRRK2, EIF4G1, VPS35) or recessive (parkin/PARK2, PINK1, DJ1/PARK7) Parkinson's disease (PD) or parkinsonism...
- Retromer dependent recycling of the Wnt secretion factor Wls is dispensable for stem cell maintenance in the mammalian intestinal epitheliumReinoud E A de Groot
Hubrecht Institute, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences and University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e76971. 2013..To answer this question, we generated a conditional Vps35 (fl) allele...
- DNAJC13 mutations in Parkinson diseaseCarles Vilariño-Güell
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 2B5, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 23:1794-801. 2014..subtle deficits in endosomal receptor-sorting/recycling are highlighted by the discovery of pathogenic mutations VPS35, LRRK2 and now DNAJC13...
- Prolonged insulin stimulation down-regulates GLUT4 through oxidative stress-mediated retromer inhibition by a protein kinase CK2-dependent mechanism in 3T3-L1 adipocytesJinhui Ma
From the Department of Cell Biology, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, Maebashi 371 8512, Japan
J Biol Chem 289:133-42. 2014..the low density microsomal membranes of 3T3-L1 adipocytes that was accompanied by disruption of the interaction of Vps35 with sortilin...
- A mechanism for retromer endosomal coat complex assembly with cargoMegan S Harrison
Department of Cell Biology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:267-72. 2014Retromer is an evolutionarily conserved protein complex composed of the VPS26, VPS29, and VPS35 proteins that selects and packages cargo proteins into transport carriers that export cargo from the endosome...
- Hyperleucinemia causes hippocampal retromer deficiency linking diabetes to Alzheimer's diseaseMichael V Morabito
Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center, Division of Molecular Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Neurobiol Dis 65:188-92. 2014..Retromer-dependent trafficking is implicated in the pathogenesis of AD, and two key retromer proteins, VPS35 and VPS26, are deficient in the hippocampal formation of AD patients...
- VPS35 Parkinson's disease phenotype resembles the sporadic diseaseWalter Struhal
Department of Neurology, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Linz AKHL, Krankenhausstr 9, 4020, Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 121:755-9. 2014Recently a new autosomal dominant Parkinson's disease mutation (p.Asp620Asn) in the VPS35 gene was discovered. The clinical features of 14 PD patients with this mutation from three Austrian families were evaluated...
- Parkinson's disease-linked mutations in VPS35 induce dopaminergic neurodegenerationElpida Tsika
Laboratory of Molecular Neurodegenerative Research
Hum Mol Genet 23:4621-38. 2014Mutations in the vacuolar protein sorting 35 homolog (VPS35) gene at the PARK17 locus, encoding a key component of the retromer complex, were recently identified as a new cause of late-onset, autosomal dominant Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Vacuolar protein sorting 35 (Vps35) rescues locomotor deficits and shortened lifespan in Drosophila expressing a Parkinson's disease mutant of Leucine-Rich Repeat Kinase 2 (LRRK2)Radek Linhart
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Thomas J, Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, University of the Pacific, 751 Brookside Rd, Stockton, CA 95211, USA
Mol Neurodegener 9:23. 2014..To address this gap, we have previously generated a Drosophila model of PD that overexpresses PD pathogenic mutant form of the second most common causative gene of PD, Leucine-Rich Repeat Kinase 2 (LRRK2)...
- Retromer binding to FAM21 and the WASH complex is perturbed by the Parkinson disease-linked VPS35(D620N) mutationIan J McGough
The Henry Wellcome Integrated Signaling Laboratories, School of Biochemistry, Medical Sciences Building, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Curr Biol 24:1670-6. 2014..Recently, a specific mutation in the retromer component VPS35, VPS35(D620N), has linked retromer dysfunction to familial autosomal dominant and sporadic Parkinson disease [2, 3]..
- Mechanisms governing the endosomal membrane recruitment of the core retromer in ArabidopsisEnric Zelazny
CNRS, F 69342 Lyon, France, The Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, F 69364 Lyon, France
J Biol Chem 288:8815-25. 2013..of a dimer of sorting nexins and of the core retromer consisting of vacuolar protein sorting (VPS)26, VPS29, and VPS35. Although homologs of these proteins have been identified in plants, how the plant retromer functions remains ..
- VPS35 and EIF4G1 mutations are rare in Parkinson's disease among IndiansSumedha Sudhaman
Department of Genetics, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India
Neurobiol Aging 34:2442.e1-3. 2013Mutations in 2 genes, vacuolar protein sorting homolog 35 (VPS35) and eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4 gamma 1 (EIF4G1), have been recently reported as causal in autosomal dominant Parkinson's disease (PD) among Caucasians...
- A strategy for the generation, characterization and distribution of animal models by The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's ResearchMarco A S Baptista
The Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson s Research, New York, NY 10018 6798, USA
Dis Model Mech 6:1316-24. 2013..genes such as Park1 (also known as Park4 and SNCA), Park8 (LRRK2), Park7 (DJ-1), Park6 (PINK1), Park2 (Parkin), VPS35, EiF4G1 and GBA...
- EIF4G1 R1205H and VPS35 D620N mutations are rare in Parkinson's disease from South AfricaJanine Blanckenberg
Division of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Cape Town, South Africa Electronic address
Neurobiol Aging 35:445.e1-3. 2014..translation initiation factor 4G1 (EIF4G1) gene and the D620N mutation in the vacuolar protein sorting 35 (VPS35) gene were recently found in patients with autosomal dominant or sporadic forms of Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Update on novel familial forms of Parkinson's disease and multiple system atrophyShinsuke Fujioka
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 20:S29-34. 2014..G51D have been nominated. Next-generation sequencing approaches in familial PD have identified mutations in the VPS35 gene. A VPS35 p.D620N substitution remains the only confirmed pathogenic substitution...
- Vps35 loss promotes hyperresorptive osteoclastogenesis and osteoporosis via sustained RANKL signalingWen Fang Xia
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Cell Biol 200:821-37. 2013..We demonstrate in this paper that RANK trafficking, signaling, and function are regulated by VPS35, a major component of the retromer essential for selective endosome to Golgi retrieval of membrane proteins...
- Rabankyrin-5 interacts with EHD1 and Vps26 to regulate endocytic trafficking and retromer functionJing Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Eppley Cancer Center, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5870, USA
Traffic 13:745-57. 2012..Overall, our data identify a new interaction between Rank-5 and EHD1, and novel endocytic regulatory roles that include retromer-based transport and secretion...
- VPS35 mutation in Japanese patients with typical Parkinson's diseaseMaya Ando
Department of Neurology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Mov Disord 27:1413-7. 2012Vacuolar protein sorting 35 (VPS35) was recently reported to be a pathogenic gene for late-onset autosomal dominant Parkinson's disease (PD), using exome sequencing. To date, VPS35 mutations have been detected only in whites with PD...
- Host pathways important for Coxiella burnetii infection revealed by genome-wide RNA interference screeningJustin A McDonough
Department of Microbial Pathogenesis, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
MBio 4:e00606-12. 2013..Reducing the levels of the retromer cargo-adapter VPS26-VPS29-VPS35 complex or retromer-associated sorting nexins abrogated C. burnetii replication...
- Snx3 regulates recycling of the transferrin receptor and iron assimilationCaiyong Chen
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Metab 17:343-52. 2013..This impaired iron assimilation can be complemented with non-Tf iron chelates. We show that Snx3 and Vps35, a component of the retromer, interact with Tfrc to sort it to the recycling endosomes...
- Rab GTPase regulation of retromer-mediated cargo export during endosome maturationTing Ting Liu
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:2505-15. 2012The retromer complex, composed of sorting nexin subunits and a Vps26/Vps29/Vps35 trimer, mediates sorting of retrograde cargo from the endosome to the trans-Golgi network...
- Amyloid precursor protein (APP) traffics from the cell surface via endosomes for amyloid β (Aβ) production in the trans-Golgi networkRegina Wai Yan Choy
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E2077-82. 2012..We found that VPS35 (retromer)-mediated APP recycling to the TGN was required for efficient Aβ(40) production...
- The genetics and neuropathology of Parkinson's diseaseHenry Houlden
Molecular Neuroscience Department, UCL Institute of Neurology and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, University College London, Queen Square, London, UK
Acta Neuropathol 124:325-38. 2012..findings of autosomal dominant disease linked to mutations in SNCA, LRRK2, ATXN2, ATXN3, MAPT, GCH1, DCTN1 and VPS35. We then discuss the identification of mutations in PARK2, PARK7, PINK1, ATP13A2, FBXO7, PANK2 and PLA2G6 genes...
- Vacuolar protein sorting 35 Asp620Asn mutation is rare in the ethnic Chinese population with Parkinson's diseaseYu Zhang
Department of Neurology and Institute of Neurology, Ruijin Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:638-40. 2012Vacuolar protein sorting 35 (VPS35) Asp620Asn mutation has been identified in late-onset familial Parkinson's disease (PD) patients of Swiss and Austrian descent as well as sporadic PD patients in the United States...
- Recruitment of the endosomal WASH complex is mediated by the extended 'tail' of Fam21 binding to the retromer protein Vps35Michael E Harbour
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Biochem J 442:209-20. 2012..The recognition of membrane proteins is mediated by the cargo-selective retromer complex, a stable trimer of the Vps35 (vacuolar protein sorting 35), Vps29 and Vps26 proteins...
- Screening for VPS35 mutations in Parkinson's diseaseUna Marie Sheerin
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, UK
Neurobiol Aging 33:838.e1-5. 2012Recently 2 groups have independently identified a mutation in the gene 'vacuolar protein sorting 35 homolog' (VPS35 c.1858G>A; p.Asp620Asn) as a possible cause of autosomal dominant Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Update on genetics of parkinsonismShinsuke Fujioka
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Fla 32224, USA
Neurodegener Dis 10:257-60. 2012..Major progress in genetic studies of Parkinson's disease (PD) and parkinsonism has been achieved in the last two decades...
- The yeast FBP26 gene codes for a fructose-2,6-bisphosphataseG Paravicini
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Biochemistry 31:7126-33. 1992Sequencing of an open reading frame 450 bp downstream from the yeast VPS35 gene revealed a putative peptide of 452 amino acids and 52.7 kDa...
- Alternative pathways for the sorting of soluble vacuolar proteins in yeast: a vps35 null mutant missorts and secretes only a subset of vacuolar hydrolasesG Paravicini
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Mol Biol Cell 3:415-27. 1992b>vps35 mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae exhibit severe defects in the localization of carboxypeptidase Y, a soluble vacuolar hydrolase...
- Genetic mapping and embryonic expression of a novel, maternally transcribed gene Mem3S Hwang
Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 7:586-90. 1996..The genomic locus of Mem3 has been mapped to Chromosome (Chr) 8 near the D8Mit78 marker and the glutaryl CoA dehydrogenase (Gcdh) locus...
- Distinct domains within Vps35p mediate the retrieval of two different cargo proteins from the yeast prevacuolar/endosomal compartmentS F Nothwehr
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:875-90. 1999..In this study we use a temperature-sensitive vps35 allele to show that loss of Vps35p function rapidly leads to mislocalization of A-ALP, a model TGN membrane ..
- Sorting of yeast membrane proteins into an endosome-to-Golgi pathway involves direct interaction of their cytosolic domains with Vps35pS F Nothwehr
Division of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Cell Biol 151:297-310. 2000..were identified that suppressed cargo-specific mutations in Vps35p but did not suppress the retrieval defects of a vps35 null mutation. Suppression was shown to be due to an improvement in protein sorting at the prevacuolar compartment...
- Intracellular retention of newly synthesized insulin in yeast is caused by endoproteolytic processing in the Golgi complexB Zhang
Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Cell Biol 153:1187-98. 2001..Five out of six eis mutants prove to be vacuolar protein sorting (vps)8, vps35, vps13, vps4, and vps36, which affect Golgi<-->endosome trafficking...
- Exportin 7 defines a novel general nuclear export pathwayJosé Manuel Mingot
ZMBH, INF 282, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 23:3227-36. 2004..Second, basic residues are critical for Exp7 recruitment...
- Defect of vacuolar protein sorting stimulates proteolytic processing of human urokinase-type plasminogen activator in the yeast Hansenula polymorphaMichael Agaphonov
Institute of Experimental Cardiology, Cardiology Research Center, 3rd Cherepkovskaya Str 15A, Moscow 121552, Russia
FEMS Yeast Res 5:1029-35. 2005..involved in protein traffic between the Golgi apparatus and the vacuole, namely PEP3, VPS8, VPS10, VPS17, and VPS35. We have shown that inactivation of the VPS10 gene encoding the vacuolar protein sorting receptor does not ..
- An essential role for SNX1 in lysosomal sorting of protease-activated receptor-1: evidence for retromer-, Hrs-, and Tsg101-independent functions of sorting nexinsAnuradha Gullapalli
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7365, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:1228-38. 2006..However, activated PAR1 degradation was not affected in cells depleted of retromer Vps26/Vps35 subunits, Hrs or Tsg101, an Hrs-interacting protein...
- Snf1-dependent and Snf1-independent pathways of constitutive ADH2 expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeValentina Voronkova
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7350, USA
Genetics 172:2123-38. 2006..Two genes encoding proteins involved in vacuolar function, FAB1 and VPS35, and CDC10, encoding a nonessential septin, were also uncovered in the search, suggesting that vacuolar function ..
- Plant retromer, localized to the prevacuolar compartment and microvesicles in Arabidopsis, may interact with vacuolar sorting receptorsPeter Oliviusson
Department of Cell Biology, Heidelberg Institute for Plant Sciences, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Plant Cell 18:1239-52. 2006..We cloned the Arabidopsis thaliana homologs of the three yeast proteins (Vps35, Vps29, and Vps26) constituting the larger subunit of retromer and prepared antisera against them...
- Vacuolar protein sorting receptor in Schizosaccharomyces pombeTomoko Iwaki
Department of Life Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagawa University, Miki cho, Kagawa 761 0795, Japan
Microbiology 152:1523-32. 2006..In addition, Sch. pombe vps26(+), vps29(+) and vps35(+), encoding homologues of the S...
- Tony Wyss-Coray; Fiscal Year: 2015..We find that knocking down beclin 1 leads to reduced levels of the retromer protein vps35, a mammalian protein involved in sorting cellular components to the lysosome or back to defined compartments (e.g...
- Samuel E Gandy; Fiscal Year: 2015..Since SorL1, another AD-linked Vps10-domain protein, directly interacts with Vps35 to modulate APP metabolism, we investigated the possibility that SorCS1c[unreadable]-myc might interact with APP, ..
- Richard Fine; Fiscal Year: 2014..applicant): This pilot proposal will expand on the recent finding that a dominant mutation in the retromer protein VPS35 causes Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Xinglong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Mutations in VPS35 cause autosomal dominant PD...
- Roles of Retromer Complex in DevelopmentXinhua Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..an evolutionarily conserved multi-subunit complex, consisting of two complexes, the cargo recognition Vps26-Vps29- Vps35 heterotrimer and a membrane-targeting heterodimer or homodimer...
- Herpesvirus saimiri TIPJae Jung; Fiscal Year: 2009..also demonstrates that Tip targets Lck tyrosine kinase, STAT transcription factor, p80 endosomal adaptor, and Vps35 retromer subunit to down regulate T cell receptor (TCR) signal transduction and to elicit STAT-mediated survival ..
- Divalent Metal Transporter: Role in Manganese ToxicityJEROME ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ANALYSIS OF GOLGI MEMBRANE PROTEIN LOCALIZATION IN YEASTSteven Nothwehr; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, several genes have been identified in genetic screens as defective in Golgi retention of proteins, and four of these will be investigated in further detail: grd20, grd21, grd22 and grd23. ..
- LONGITUDINAL ANALYSIS OF AGE RELATED MEMORY DECLINEScott Small; Fiscal Year: 2004..The second research goal is to validate-that the fMRI method can dissociate different etiologies by following the clinical course of individuals with memory decline prospectively. ..