Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VIP
Description: vasoactive intestinal peptide
Alias: PHM27, VIP peptides, prepro-VIP
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- A VIP hybrid antagonist: from developmental neurobiology to clinical applicationsI Gozes
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Cell Mol Neurobiol 15:675-87. 19951. The 28 amino acid vasoactive intestinal peptide, VIP, was originally isolated from the intestine, following a bioassay measuring vasodilating properties...
- Combination chemotherapy with vinblastine, ifosfamide and cisplatin in bulky seminomaC Clemm
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Munich, West Germany
Acta Oncol 28:231-5. 1989Since 1982, 24 patients with bulky seminoma were treated with the VIP-regimen consisting of vinblastine 6 mg/m2 days 1+2, ifosfamide 1.5 g/m2 days 1-5, cisplatin 20 mg/m2 days 1-5...
- The mechanisms of the relaxation induced by vasoactive intestinal peptide in the porcine coronary arteryJ Kawasaki
Division of Molecular Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 121:977-85. 19971. This study was designed to investigate the mechanism of the relaxation induced by vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in medial strips of the porcine coronary artery, by determining the effect on the cytosolic Ca2+ concentration ([Ca2+..
- [Evaluation of commercial kits for a rapid detection of Escherichia coli O157 in stool]T Tsukamoto
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:40-4. 1998..coli O157 were compared. VIP, Reveal, Path Stik, Quix, Now EH and EZ coli were found to detect E. coli O157 greater than 10(6) CFU/ml...
- Active immunization with vasoactive intestinal peptide in turkey hensM E El-Halawani
Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, Saint Paul 55108, USA
Poult Sci 79:349-54. 2000Active immunization of turkey hens against vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has been shown to inhibit incubation behavior and to increase egg production in second-cycle hens...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) increases vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression and secretion in human breast cancer cellsAna Valdehita
Molecular Neuroendocrinology Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Alcala University, Alcala de Henares 28871, Spain
Regul Pept 144:101-8. 2007Previous studies have shown that vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and its receptors (VPAC(1) and VPAC(2) receptors) are involved in promotion and growth of many human tumours including breast cancer...
- The vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) alpha-Helix up to C terminus interacts with the N-terminal ectodomain of the human VIP/Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide 1 receptor: photoaffinity, molecular modeling, and dynamicsEmilie Ceraudo
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 773, Centre de recherche Biomedicale Bichat Beaujon, CRB3, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 75018, Paris, France
Mol Endocrinol 22:147-55. 2008The neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) strongly impacts on human pathophysiology and does so through interaction with class II G protein-coupled receptors...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide increases vascular endothelial growth factor expression and neuroendocrine differentiation in human prostate cancer LNCaP cellsBeatriz Collado
Molecular Neuroendocrinology Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Alcala University, E 28871 Alcala de Henares, Spain
Regul Pept 119:69-75. 2004Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) upregulates the expression of vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF(189), VEGF(165) and VEGF(121)) mRNAs in human prostate cancer LNCaP cells, as shown by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain ..
- Nuclear localization of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) receptors in human breast cancerAna Valdehita
Molecular Neuroendocrinology Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Alcala University, 28871 Alcala de Henares, Spain
Peptides 31:2035-45. 2010Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and its receptors (VPACs) are involved in proliferation, survival, and differentiation in human breast cancer cells...
- VIP and D-ala-peptide T-amide release chemokines which prevent HIV-1 GP120-induced neuronal deathD E Brenneman
Section on Developmental and Molecular Pharmacology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res 838:27-36. 1999Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and DAPTA (D-ala(1)-peptide T-amide, a gp120-derived octapeptide homologous to VIP) prevent neuronal cell death produced by five variants of HIV-1 (human immunodeficiency virus) envelope protein (gp120)..
- VIP modulates intracellular calcium oscillations in human lymphoblastsP A Anton
MacDonald Research Laboratories, UCLA School of Medicine 90024
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 15:429-46. 1993Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) has been shown to stimulate adenylate cyclase in a human lymphoblast cell line (MOLT 4)...
- Inhibition of rat colon contractility by prostacyclin (IP-) receptor agonists: involvement of NANC neurotransmissionY M Qian
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT
Br J Pharmacol 115:163-71. 1995..5. Investigation of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) as a potential transmitter showed that its inhibitory action on the colon (IC50 = 50 nM) was partially inhibited ..
- The influence of the trigeminal ganglion on carotid blood flow in anaesthetized guinea-pigsD T Beattie
Pharmacology II, Glaxo Research and Development Ltd, Ware, Herts
Br J Pharmacol 112:262-6. 1994..3. In animals pretreated with guanethidine, intravenous administration of the vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) receptor antagonist, [p-Cl-D-Phe6,Leu17]-VIP (50 micrograms kg-1) significantly attenuated the increase in carotid ..
- Regulation of NANC neural bronchoconstriction in vivo in the guinea-pig: involvement of nitric oxide, vasoactive intestinal peptide and soluble guanylyl cyclaseY H Lei
Department of Thoracic Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, London
Br J Pharmacol 108:228-35. 1993..Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP, 10 ig kg-' i.v. infused over min) significantly reduced by 70% the increase in PIP induced by NKA (0.1 ...
- Profile of capsaicin-induced mouse ear oedema as neurogenic inflammatory model: comparison with arachidonic acid-induced ear oedemaH Inoue
Research Laboratory, Minophagen Pharmaceutical Co, Kanagawa, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 110:1614-20. 1993..such as rat calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), SP, neurokinin A (NKA), and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), which are released from capsaicin-sensitive neurones, caused ear oedema by intradermal injection...
- Gastrointestinal hormones and the quantitation of spontaneous duodenal motor activityM F Tansy
Temple University Health Sciences Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140
Toxicol Pathol 16:118-22. 1988..These include vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP), motilin, pancreatic polypeptide (PP), substance P, neurotensin, ..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide stimulates rat adrenal glucocorticoid secretion, through an ACTH receptor-dependent activation of the adenylate cyclase signaling pathwayG Mazzocchi
Department of Anatomy, University of Padua, Italy
Horm Metab Res 30:241-3. 1998Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) concentration-dependently enhanced corticosterone and cyclic-AMP release by dispersed rat inner adrenocortical cells...
- Substance P theory: a unique focus on the painful and painless phenomena of cluster headacheF Sicuteri
Institute of Internal Medicine and Therapy, IV, University of Florence, Italy
Headache 30:69-79. 1990..smooth muscle (of the iris in CH); substance P (SP) and allied transmitters such as Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (VIP) and Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide (CGRP) are the main agonists of this dual afferent-efferent function; b) ..
- GH4ZD10 cells expressing rat 5-HT1A receptors coupled to adenylyl cyclase are a model for the postsynaptic receptors in the rat hippocampusC J Fowler
Department of Neuropharmacology, CNS Preclinical R and D, Astra Arcus AB, , Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 107:141-5. 19921. Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) stimulated adenosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic AMP) production by cultured GH4ZD10 cells with an EC50 value of about 7 nM...
- [Role of neuropeptides in dermatology]I Sanchez-Carpintero
Departamento de Dermatologia, Clinica Universitaria, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Espana
Rev Neurol 25:S222-31. 1997..as substance P (SP), calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP), neuropeptide Y (NPY), vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), somatostatin (S), and neurotensin (N). Several NP induce inflammatory response with edema and erythema...
- Modulating effects of sensory and autonomic neuropeptides on murine splenocyte proliferation and cytokine secretion induced by Leishmania majorA A Ahmed
Department of Dermatology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 21:507-26. 1999..study was undertaken to investigate the possible immunomodulatory role of sensory (SOM, CGRP and SP) and autonomic (VIP and NPY) neuropeptides in a murine model of cutaneous leishmaniasis, using two genetically different inbred mouse ..
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide, helospectin, and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in human corpus cavernosumP Hedlund
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 116:2258-66. 1995..polypeptide (PACAP-27 and -38), helospectin (Hel-1 and Hel-2), and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), were investigated in isolated preparations of human corpus cavernosum (CC). 2...
- Neuropeptides modulate a murine monocyte/macrophage cell line capacity for phagocytosis and killing of Leishmania major parasitesA A Ahmed
Department of Dermatology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 23:397-409. 2001..The autonomic neuropeptides vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and neuropeptide Y (NPY) both suppressed the phagocytic and leishmanicidal capacities of macrophages at various ..
- Capsaicin-induced relaxation in the rat isolated external urethral sphincter: characterization of the vanilloid receptor and mediation by CGRPM Parlani
Menarini Ricerche Sud, Pharmacology Department, Pomezia, Rome, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 110:989-94. 1993..3-10 microM), but not by substance P (1 microM), vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP, 1 microM), alpha-beta methylene ATP (10 microM), gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA, 3 mM) or galanin (1 microM)...
- Comparison of the insulinotropic activity of glucagon-superfamily peptides in rat pancreas perfusionS Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Horm Metab Res 24:458-61. 1992..having an amino-terminal histidine and carboxy-terminal isoleucine amide (PHI), vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), growth hormone releasing factor(1-29)amide (GRF), GRF(1-27)amide and synthetic hybrid-peptides of PHI-GRF, PHI(1-..
- Mediators of nonadrenergic, noncholinergic inhibition in the proximal, middle and distal regions of rat colonN Suthamnatpong
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, College of Agriculture, University of Osaka Prefecture, Sakai, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 108:348-55. 1993..NANC relaxation of the proximal segments was still evident after desensitization to vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)...
- Neuropeptide Y, tyrosine hydroxylase and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide-immunoreactive nerve fibers in the vertebral bodies, discs, dura mater, and spinal ligaments of the rat lumbar spineM Ahmed
Department of Orthopaedics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 18:268-73. 1993..peptidergic nerves, represented by immunoreactivity to neuropeptide Y (NPY), vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), and noradrenergic nerves as reflected by tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) immunoreactivity, were identified...
- Pancreatic secretagogues regulate somatostatin binding to acinar cell membranes via two-functionally distinct pathwaysT Matozaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Horm Metab Res 20:141-4. 1988Pretreatment of pancreatic acini with vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) or secretin for 120 min reduced subsequent [125I-Tyr1]somatostatin binding to membranes prepared from these acini, with a maximally reduced binding being 79...
- Contribution of ATP and nitric oxide to NANC inhibitory transmission in rat pyloric sphincterP Soediono
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 113:681-6. 1994..7. While abundant vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP)-containing nerve fibres were demonstrated immunohistochemically in the pyloric sphincter, relaxations to VIP (1 nM-..
- Cholecystokinin and vasoactive intestinal peptide in brain and gut of the hypothyroid neonatal ratB Zheng
Solomon A. Berson Research Laboratory, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Bronx, New York
Horm Metab Res 21:127-31. 1989..the concentrations and contents of immunoreactive cholecystokinin (CCK) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in the brain and gut of groups of rats exposed to antithyroid medication from day 16 of gestation...
- Lithium inhibits substance P and vasoactive intestinal peptide-induced relaxations on isolated porcine ophthalmic arteryM B Vincent
Department of Neurology, Trondheim University Hospital, Norway
Headache 32:335-9. 1992..Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), SP, CGRP, capsaicin, and SP+CGRP concentration-response relaxation curves were obtained in the presence and ..
- Neuropharmacologic effects of vibration on the dorsal root ganglion. An animal modelJ Weinstein
University of Iowa, Spine Treatment and Research Center, Iowa City
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 13:521-5. 1988..This investigation was undertaken to validate the hypothesis that substance P and VIP, known to be produced in the dorsal root ganglion cell bodies, will be affected by low frequency vibration...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide potentiates sexual behavior: inhibition by novel antagonistI Gozes
Department of Hormone Research, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Endocrinology 125:2945-9. 1989Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has been suggested as a neurotransmitter mediating penile erection. We now show that VIP can stimulate sexual behavior in rats with reduced masculine potential due to pituitary grafting or castration...
- Modulation of immune function by intestinal neuropeptidesL P Sirinek
Department of Pediatrics, Ohio State University, Columbus
Acta Oncol 30:509-17. 1991..Peptides to be discussed include substance P, somatostatin, vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), the opioid peptides leu and met enkephalin, calcitonin gene related peptide (CGRP), neuropeptide Y, and ..
- Prolactin and rapid eye movement sleep regulationR Roky
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Tennessee, Memphis 38163, USA
Sleep 18:536-42. 1995..Stimulation of endogenous PRL secretion by vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) also promotes REMS. Immunoneutralization of blood-borne PRL slightly reduces REMS...
- Vasoactive-intestinal-peptide- and substance-P-immunoreactive nerve fibres in the myenteric plexus of mouse colon during the chronic phase of Trypanosoma cruzi infectionL B Maifrino
Instituto Dante Pazzanese de Cardiologia, Brazil
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 93:49-56. 1999The distribution of a tachykinin (substance P) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and the number and morphology of the large granular vesicles (LGV) in the myenteric plexus of the colons of mice were investigated...
- Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide induces REM recovery in insomniac forebrain lesioned catsM T Pacheco-Cano
Departamento de Neurociencias, ,
Sleep 13:297-303. 1990..Recently it has been shown that vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) may be a specific REM inductor in the parachlorophenylalanine (PCPA) insomniac model...
- Neuropeptide changes in compressed spinal nerve rootsM Cornefjord
Department of Orthopaedics, Sahlgren Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:670-3. 1995STUDY DESIGN. Compression-induced changes in the concentration of substance P and VIP (vasoactive intestinal polypeptide), in spinal nerve roots and dorsal root ganglia were studied in an experimental nerve root compression model in pigs...
- Opiate modulation of the stress-induced increase of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in plasmaT A Crozier
Zentrum Anaesthesiologie, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 20:352-6. 1988Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has a variety of extra-intestinal actions which are typical of the body's reaction to stress, such as lipolysis, glycogenolysis and modulation of anterior pituitary hormone secretion...
- Effect of diabetes on relaxations to non-adrenergic, non-cholinergic nerve stimulation in longitudinal muscle of the rat gastric fundusK M Jenkinson
Department of Medical Laboratory Science, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 116:1551-6. 1995..5. Relaxations to both nitric oxide (NO; 1-30 microM) and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP; 0...
- Protecting effects of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide on lymphocytes against metal toxicityK Nordlind
Department of Dermatology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:323-30. 1992..gene-related peptide (CGRP), cholecystokinin (CCK), neuropeptide Y (NPY) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), were investigated for a potential protective effect on thymocytes after a toxic dose of nickel sulfate, giving an ..
- [Vasoactive intestinal peptide in heart failure]P Lucia
II Clinica Medica, , Roma
Ital Heart J Suppl 1:679-85. 2000..BACKGROUND: The aim of our study was to investigate the pathophysiological role of the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), a vasodilating neuropeptide with positive inotropic and chronotropic properties, in heart failure...
- Functional characterization of the adenosine receptor mediating inhibition of intestinal secretionD L Hancock
School of Pharmacology, Unit of Addictive Drug Research, Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University, Parkville, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 114:152-6. 1995..to anaesthetized rats. Intestinal secretion was then stimulated by i.a. infusion of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP, 0...
- Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and neuropeptide-Y, as possible mediators in laryngeal oedema. An immunofluorescence studyJ Basterra
Surgical Dpt, Valencia Medical School, Spain
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 43:99-104. 1989..Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) and Neuropeptide-Y (NPY) are of interest because of their association with the autonomic nervous system...
- The pain of discographyJ Weinstein
Spine Diagnostic and Treatment Center, University of Iowa, Iowa City
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 13:1344-8. 1988..another? This study was performed to investigate the changes in Substance P (SP) and Vasoactive-Intestinal Peptide (VIP), found in the dorsal root ganglion, following discography in normal and abnormal canine lumber intervertebral ..
- Direct suppression by beta-mercaptoethanol of the prolactin immunoreactivity within the cultured rat adenohypophyseal cellsK Nakamura
Second Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Iwate Medical University, Japan
Horm Metab Res 25:603-7. 1993..effects were observed under basal condition, as well as during stimulation with vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP). The minimum effective doses of ME ranged from 0.0001 to 0.01%...
- Concentrations and distribution of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), peptide histidine isoleucine (PHI) and peptide histidine valine (PHV) in the cerebral cortex and the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the mouseJ D Mikkelsen
Institute of Medical Anatomy B, University of Copenhagen, Panum Institute, Denmark
Brain Res 656:95-107. 1994Prepro-vasoactive intestinal peptide (prepro-VIP) is processed to at least three biologically active peptides: VIP, peptide histidine isoleucine (PHI) and an extended PHI, peptide histidine valine (PHV)...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide stimulates T lymphocytes to release IL-5 in murine schistosomiasis mansoni infectionR C Mathew
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242
J Immunol 148:3572-7. 1992..The granulomas have eosinophils that produce vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and T cells that display VIP receptors...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) treatment of Parkinsonian rats increases thalamic gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) levels and alters the release of nerve growth factor (NGF) by mast cellsOrhan Tansel Korkmaz
Department of Physiology, Medical Faculty, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, 26480, Eskisehir, Turkey
J Mol Neurosci 41:278-87. 2010..In a previous study, we found that systemically administered vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) was effective at reversing the motor deficits (but not the decline in striatal dopamine levels) in a rat model of ..
- Coronary vascular effects of vasoactive intestinal peptide in the isolated perfused rat heartDarrell R Sawmiller
Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida Health Science Center, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 19, Tampa, FL 33612 4799, USA
Neuropeptides 38:289-97. 2004The potency and mechanism of action of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) for producing coronary vasodilation was investigated in the isolated perfused heart of the rat...
- Excitatory actions of vasoactive intestinal peptide on mouse thalamocortical neurons are mediated by VPAC2 receptorsSang Hun Lee
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Neurophysiol 96:858-71. 2006..Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a neuropeptide localized within the thalamus and strongly attenuates intrathalamic rhythms via an unidentified ..
- Effect of passive sensitization on the mechanical activity of human isolated bronchial smooth muscle induced by substance P, neurokinin A and VIPA Ben Jebria
Laboratoire de Physiologie, , , France
Br J Pharmacol 109:131-6. 1993..induced by the following neuropeptides substance P (SP), neurokinin A (NKA) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) was studied both in the absence and in the presence of the neutral endopeptidase (NEP) inhibitor, phosphoramidon...
- Mechanisms of vasoactive intestinal peptide-elicited coronary vasodilation in the isolated perfused rat heartDarrell R Sawmiller
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of South Florida Health Science Center, Tampa, FL 33612 4799, USA
Neuropeptides 40:349-55. 2006The present study investigated the potential role of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) receptors, VPAC1 and VPAC2, in VIP-elicited coronary vasodilation of the isolated perfused rat heart...
- [Changes of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide receptor 1 in small intestine and liver during macaque development]Mei Mei Guo
Division of Peptides Related with Human Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of Human Diseases, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 59:163-8. 2007The present study was aimed to investigate the changes of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) and VIP receptor 1 (VIPR1) in small intestinal and hepatic tissues during macaque development...
- Involvement of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in the parasympathetic vasodilatation of the rat masseter muscleTakeharu Niioka
Division of Physiology, Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu, Hokkaido 061 0293, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 54:909-16. 2009..However, the non-cholinergic mechanisms are still unclear. Recently, vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) was convincingly shown to be involved in the parasympathetic vasodilatation in orofacial areas, such as ..
- Genetic association of vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor with rheumatoid arthritis: altered expression and signal in immune cellsMario Delgado
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, CSIC, Granada, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 58:1010-9. 2008Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has been shown to be one of the endogenous factors involved in the maintenance of immune tolerance. Administration of VIP ameliorates clinical signs in various experimental autoimmune disorders...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide modulates luteinizing hormone subunit gene expression in the anterior pituitary in female ratAlina Gajewska
Kielanowski Institute of Animal Physiology and Nutrition, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw
Brain Res Bull 67:319-26. 2005The direct monosynaptic pathway which exists between vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and GnRH neurons in the hypothalamic preoptic area provides a neuroanatomical background for the modulatory effects of VIP exerted on GnRH neurons ..
- Altered expression of vasoactive intestinal peptide receptors in T lymphocytes and aberrant Th1 immunity in multiple sclerosisWei Sun
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Mail station NB302, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int Immunol 18:1691-700. 2006Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has a unique property of regulating T(h)1 and T(h)2 immunity of CD4+ T cells...
- Characterization of the rat vasoactive intestinal polypeptide receptor gene 5' regionL Pei
Division of Endocrinology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center UCLA School of Medicine 90048, USA
Biochem J 308:719-23. 1995The broad spectrum of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) cellular functions are mediated by high-affinity binding sites...
- The role of joint nerves and mast cells in the alteration of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) sensitivity during inflammation progression in ratsJason J McDougall
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, 3330, Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Br J Pharmacol 145:104-13. 2005The present study examined the peripheral effects of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) on rat knee joint blood flow during acute and chronic inflammation...
- Effect of vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide on pancreatic, hepatic and duodenal mucosal bicarbonate secretion in the pigHenrik Glad
Department of Medical Gastroenterology, Odense University Hospital, Odense University, Odense, Denmark
Digestion 67:56-66. 2003..of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and the related vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) on pancreaticobiliary and duodenal mucosal bicarbonate secretion (DMBS) was studied in anaesthetized pigs...
- Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide mediates cholecystokinin-induced relaxation of the sphincter of OddiJ W Wiley
University of Michigan Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor 48109
J Clin Invest 81:1920-4. 1988..the hypothesis that cholecystokinin (CCK) relaxes the sphincter of Oddi via vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP). Isolated canine sphincter of Oddi were suspended in organ baths under standard conditions...
- Levels of vasoactive intestinal peptide, cholecystokinin and calcitonin gene-related peptide in plasma and jejunum of rats following traumatic brain injury and underlying significance in gastrointestinal dysfunctionChun Hua Hang
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital, 305 East Zhongshan Road, Nanjing 210002, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:875-80. 2004..To study the alterations of brain-gut peptides following traumatic brain injury (TBI) and to explore the underlying significance of these peptides in the complicated gastrointestinal dysfunction...
- Significance of changes of gastrointestinal peptides in blood and ileum of experimental spleen deficiency ratsLi Sheng Li
Department of Physiology, Capital University of Medical Sciences, 100054, Beijing, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:553-6. 2003..To explore the mechanism of spleen deficiency (SD) by studying the relationship of gastro-intestinal peptides level and ileal electro-mechanical activity of SD rats and cold restrain rats...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide modulates Langerhans cell immune functionSreedevi Kodali
Department of Dermatology, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 173:6082-8. 2004..The neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has also been found in cutaneous nerves and mRNA, for the VIP receptor vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor type ..
- Selective gene expression and activation-dependent regulation of vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor type 1 and type 2 in human T cellsM Lara-Marquez
Children s Research Institute, Departments of Pediatrics, Molecular Immunology, Virology, and Human Genetics, and Internal Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Immunol 166:2522-30. 2001Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has potent antiproliferative and anti-inflammatory functions in the immune system...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor antagonists in rat seminal vesicle membranesM S Rodriguez-Pena
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 208:207-12. 1991Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) receptors coupled to activation of adenylate cyclase have been previously identified in seminal vesicle membranes of rat...
- Expression localisation and functional activity of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide, vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and their receptors in mouse ovaryMarzia Barberi
Department of Histology and Medical Embriology, La Sapienza University of Rome, Via A Scarpa, 14, Rome 00161, Italy
Reproduction 134:281-92. 2007Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) positively affect several parameters correlated with the ovulatory process...
- Characterization of vasoactive intestinal peptide/pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide receptors in human benign hyperplastic prostateR M Solano
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Spain
Endocrinology 137:2815-22. 1996Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is an important member of the group of neuropeptides that appears to be involved in the regulation of prostatic growth and function...
- Immunocytochemical identification of VPAC1, VPAC2, and PAC1 receptors in normal and neoplastic human tissues with subtype-specific antibodiesSolveig Schulz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 10:8235-42. 2004Human tumors frequently overexpress receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide (PACAP)...
- Roles of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in the expression of different immune phenotypes by wild-type mice and T cell-targeted type II VIP receptor transgenic miceJulia K Voice
Department of Medicine, University of California Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 170:308-14. 2003Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and its two G protein-coupled receptors, VPAC1 and VPAC2, are quantitatively prominent and functionally critical in the immune system...
- Effect of vasoactive intestinal peptide on gastric adenocarcinomaGuo Hua Li
Department of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hubei, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1328-35. 2007Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a gastrointestinal hormone in the secretin-VIP family. It has been reported that VIP affects some tumor growth, and there is a VIP autocrine regulation in some cancers...
- PACAP-(6-38) inhibits the effects of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide, but not PACAP, on the small intestinal circular muscleZ Lazar
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, University of Pecs, Szigeti u 12, H 7643 Pecs, Hungary
Eur J Pharmacol 431:259-64. 2001Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide-(1-38) (PACAP) have been found to stimulate distension-induced peristaltic motility in the guinea-pig isolated small intestine...
- Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide can excite gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons in a manner dependent on estradiol and gated by time of dayCatherine A Christian
Neuroscience Graduate Program, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Endocrinology 149:3130-6. 2008..Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) may be involved in suprachiasmatic nuclei-GnRH neuron communication...
- VPAC2-R mediates the lipolytic effects of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide/vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in primary rat adipocytesLina Akesson
Section for Molecular Signaling, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Center C11, Lund University, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Endocrinology 146:744-50. 2005The neuropeptides pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) are structurally and functionally related...
- Functional expression of receptors for calcitonin gene-related peptide, calcitonin, and vasoactive intestinal peptide in the human thymus and thymomas from myasthenia gravis patientsJ Marie
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 482, Signalisation et Fonctions Cellulaires, Applications au Diabète et aux Cancers Digestifs, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
J Immunol 162:2103-12. 1999The molecular and functional expression of serpentine membrane receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), and calcitonin (CT) were characterized in human thymus and thymomas from myasthenia ..
- Androgens augment vasoactive intestinal peptide- and growth hormone-releasing hormone-stimulated progestin production by rat granulosa cellsY D Li
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242
Endocrinology 132:584-90. 1993Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has been shown to stimulate steroid production by cultured rat granulosa cells independently of FSH. In the present study, we have examined the modulatory effects of various steroids on this response...
- Effect of fluoxetine on depression-induced changes in the expression of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and corticotrophin releasing factor in rat duodenumYong Lan Huang
Department of Mental Health Center, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:6060-5. 2007To investigate changes in vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) and corticotrophin releasing factor (CRF) in the plasma and duodenum of chronic stress-induced depressed rats and the effects of fluoxetine hydrochloride (fluoxetine) ..
- Immunohistochemical localization of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in the circumventricular organs of the ratJ D Mikkelsen
Institute of Medical Anatomy, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Tissue Res 255:307-13. 1989..immunohistochemical technique was used to investigate the possible presence of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in the circumventricular organs of the rat...
- Dual actions of S-nitrosylated derivative of vasoactive intestinal peptide as a vasoactive intestinal peptide-like mediator and a nitric oxide carrierL Jia
VAMC, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, 92161, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 366:79-86. 1999Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has been postulated as a non-adrenergic non-cholinergic (NANC) transmitter in the relaxation of vascular and non-vascular systems...
- Effects of vasoactive intestinal peptide, helodermin and galanin on responses of guinea-pig lung parenchyma to histamine, acetylcholine and leukotriene D4D M Conroy
Department of Pharmacology, Hunterian Institute, Royal College of Surgeons, London
Br J Pharmacol 104:1012-8. 19911. The effect of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) was studied on the contractile response of guinea-pig lung parenchymal strips (GPP) induced by bronchoconstrictor agonists, such as leukotriene D4 (LTD4), histamine and acetylcholine (..
- Effects of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide on antigen-induced bronchoconstriction and thromboxane release in guinea-pig lungG Ciabattoni
Department of Pharmacology, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 109:243-50. 19931. Exogenous vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) infused into the pulmonary artery of isolated and ventilated lungs of guinea-pigs decreased, in a dose-dependent fashion (1.0-10...
- Receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide in turkey cerebral cortex: characterization by [125I]-VIP binding and effects on cyclic AMP synthesisJolanta B Zawilska
Department of Pharmacodynamics, Medical University of Lodz, 1 Muszynskiego St, 90 151 Lodz, Poland
Gen Comp Endocrinol 137:187-95. 2004Receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) in turkey cerebral cortex were characterized using two approaches: (1) in vitro radioreceptor binding of [125I]-VIP, and (2) ..
- Participation of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in ovarian steroids production during the rat estrous cycle and in the development of estradiol valerate-induced polycystic ovaryClaudio Parra
Lab Neurobioquímica, Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Reproduction 133:147-54. 2007Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) stimulates estradiol and progesterone release from ovarian granulosa cells in vitro...
- Regional haemodynamic responses to pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in conscious ratsS M Gardiner
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre
Br J Pharmacol 111:589-97. 1994..peptides, pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide (1-27) (PACAP27) and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) were assessed by giving 20 min infusions (1...
- Interplay between nitric oxide and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in inducing fluid secretion in rat jejunumF H Mourad
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
J Physiol 550:863-71. 2003Nitric oxide (NO) and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) interact in the regulation of neuromuscular function in the gut. They are also potent intestinal secretogogues that coexist in the enteric nervous system...
- Role of the vasoactive intestinal peptide in a neuroendocrine regulation of the adrenal cortexM Ehrhart-Bornstein
Institute for Medical Physiology C, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Neuroendocrinology 54:623-8. 1991..nerve supply, we measured the release of cortisol and aldosterone and of the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) after electrical stimulation of the splanchnic nerves...
- Ganglion cells immunoreactive for catecholamine-synthesizing enzymes, neuropeptide Y and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in the rat adrenal glandY Oomori
Department of Anatomy, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 275:201-13. 1994..DBH), phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase (PNMT), neuropeptide Y (NPY) and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) immunoreactivities, and acetylcholinesterase (AChE) activity was demonstrated in rat adrenal glands...
- Influence of 4-day long treatment with vasoactive intestinal peptide on ultrastructure and function of the rat pinealocytes in organ cultureMarcin Nowicki
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Warmia and Mazury, Olsztyn, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 40:9-16. 2002Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is one of neuropeptides involved in the regulation of the pineal gland function. The acute treatment of rat pinealocytes with VIP caused changes in their biochemical parameters...
- Injection therapy for the treatment of erectile dysfunction: a comparison between alprostadil and a combination of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and phentolamine mesilateP J R Shah
Institute of Urology and Nephrology, London, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2577-83. 2007To compare two injectable treatments, alprostadil 5-20 microg powder for injection and a combination of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) and phentolamine in patients with erectile dysfunction (ED).
- [Vasoactive intestinal peptide expression and its clinical significance in gastric adenocarcinoma]Hui Chen
Department of Digestion Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning 530021, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 22:452-4. 2008To investigate the expression of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in gastric adenocarcinoma, and to evaluate the correlation of VIP level with clinical pathologic parameters.
- Cross-talk between cellular signaling pathways activated by substance P and vasoactive intestinal peptide in rat lactotroph-enriched pituitary cell culturesS E Mau
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Endocrinology 138:1704-11. 1997..C (PKC)/inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (Ins(1,4,5)P3) messenger systems probed by vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and substance P (SP), respectively, in rat pituitary cell cultures enriched in lactotrophs...
- Receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide in the goose cerebral cortexJolanta B Zawilska
Department of Pharmacodynamics, Medical University of Łódź, Muszynskiego 1, PL 90 151 Łódź, Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 56:203-11. 2004Receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) in the goose cerebral cortex were characterized using two approaches: (1) in vitro radioreceptor binding of [(125)I]-VIP, ..
- Experimental lumbar radiculopathy. Immunohistochemical and quantitative demonstrations of pain induced by lumbar nerve root irritation of the ratM Kawakami
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Wakayama Medical College, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1780-94. 1994..a consistent trend toward baseline and return to baseline by 12 weeks; significantly greater and highly increased VIP concentrations in the dorsal root ganglia 2 weeks postoperatively (P < ...
- Neural, hormonal, and paracrine regulation of gastrin and acid secretionM L Schubert
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond 23298-0711
Yale J Biol Med 65:553-60; discussion 621-3. 1992..The effector neurons comprise cholinergic neurons and two types of non-cholinergic neurons: bombesin/GRP and VIP neurons...
- Should high-dose chemotherapy be used to consolidate second or third line treatment in relapsing germ cell tumours?J Shamash
Department of Medical Oncology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, St Bartholomew s and Royal London Hospitals, Queen Mary and Westfield College, Smithfield, UK
Acta Oncol 39:857-63. 2000..Initially, HDCT was given as consolidation of third line VIP (etoposide/ifosfamide and cisplatin), following failure of a weekly cisplatin regimen...
- Clinical features of carcinoid syndrome and the use of somatostatin analogue in its managementA I Vinik
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109
Acta Oncol 28:389-402. 1989..In individual instances the tumor may even infarct, leading to spontaneous cure. Tumors secreting PP, ACTH and calcitonin may be particularly resistant to treatment, whereas VIP secreting tumors appear to be sensitive.
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide produces long-lasting changes in neural activity in the suprachiasmatic nucleusTakashi Kudo
Laboratory of Circadian and Sleep Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Neurophysiol 110:1097-106. 2013The neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is expressed at high levels in the neurons of the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN)...
- Two tyrosine residues in the first transmembrane helix of the human vasoactive intestinal peptide receptors play a role in supporting the active conformationJ Perret
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, School of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bat G E, CP 611, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 136:1042-8. 20021: We investigated the human vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) receptors VPAC(1) and VPAC(2) mutated at conserved tyrosine residues in the first transmembrane helix (VPAC(1) receptor Y146A and Y150A and VPAC(2) receptor Y130A and ..
- Evidence for a role for vasoactive intestinal peptide in active vasodilatation in the cutaneous vasculature of humansLee Ann T Bennett
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Physiol 552:223-32. 2003..We tested whether AVD is a redundant system in which ACh and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) are co-released from cholinergic nerves...
- Evidence for a direct interaction between the Thr11 residue of vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and Tyr184 located in the first extracellular loop of the VPAC2 receptorIngrid Nachtergael
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, School of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bat G E, CP 611, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070 Bruxelles, Belgium
Biochem J 370:1003-9. 2003We developed previously VPAC(1) [vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)/pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide (PACAP) receptor]>VPAC(2) receptor selective ligands...
- VIP--A MEDIATOR OF NEUROIMMUNE INTERACTIONSDoina Ganea; Fiscal Year: 2000..as substance P stimulate immune functions, whereas other neuropeptides such as the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) exert primarily an anti-inflammatory action...
- Phospholipid Nanocarriers Improve Chemotherapy by Targeted Drug DeliveryHayat Onyuksel; Fiscal Year: 2010..the attributes of sterically stabilized mixed micelles (SSMM) with surface-grafted vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP). SSMM are composed of a polyethylene glycol (PEG) conjugated phospholipid and phosphatidylcholine...
- VIP AND EGF RECEPTORS IN NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCERTerry Moody; Fiscal Year: 1991..Recently, we observed that vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) binds with high affinity to NSCLC cell lines as well as SCLC...
- NEUROPEPTIDE RECEPTORS IN OCULAR AND PERIPHERAL TISSUESSteven Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 1992..of this proposal is to analyze the structure and function of the receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and insulin in retinal and hepatic membranes...
- NEUROCHEMISTRY OF GESTATION-PRODUCED ANALGESIAAlan R Gintzler; Fiscal Year: 2010..facilitation of enk release by DOR is triggered by increased release of spinal vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) from varicosities that appose Dyn neurons...
- IMMUNE EFFECTOR VASOACTIVE INTESTINAL PEPTIDE RECEPTORSM O DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 1991..Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a 28 amino acid neuromodulator found in high concentrations in both central and peripheral nervous tissue; ..
- VIP, VIP RECEPTORS AND THE INTESTINAL EPITHELIAL CELLToan Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 1992The effects of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) on intestinal secretion have been well characterized...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF THE VIP RECEPTOR IN THE LUNGSudhir Paul; Fiscal Year: 1992The objectives are: (1) To solubilize functional receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) from the lung; (2) To raise monoclonal anti-receptor antibody; (3) To purify the receptor and analyze its structure; (4) To demonstrate ..
- REGULATION OF THE RAT VIP RECEPTOR GENELin Pei; Fiscal Year: 2000Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a 28 amino acid polypeptide with a broad spectrum of biological functions. The effects of VIP are mediated by high affinity receptors...
- NEUROENDOCRINE CONTROL OF SMALL INTESTINAL MOTILITYThomas Nowak; Fiscal Year: 1990..field stimulation and the fluid bathing each segment is removed and assayed for vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP), motilin, cholecystokinin, (CCK) and substance P...
- NEUROENDOCRINE ETIOLOGY OF DIABETIC GASTROPATHYThomas Nowak; Fiscal Year: 1999..Although neuropeptides such as vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) and cholecystokinin (CCK) have been shown to influence neuromuscular transmission, the role of endocrine factors ..
- 8th International Symposium for VIP, PACAP & Related PeptidesVictor May; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The 8th International Symposium on VIP, PACAP, and Related Peptides is planned for September 3 - 8, 2007 at The Equinox Spa and Resort in Manchester, Vermont...
- FUNCTION OF AMACRINE CELLS IN MAMMALIAN RETINARalph Jensen; Fiscal Year: 1991..specific aims of this project are: (1) to understand the role the neurotransmitter vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) plays in the formation of the receptive fields of ganglion cells; (2) to study the functional relationship of VIP-..