Gene Symbol: VENTX
Description: VENT homeobox
Alias: HPX42B, NA88A, VENTX2, homeobox protein VENTX, VENT homeobox homolog, VENT-like homeobox 2, VENT-like homeobox protein 2, hemopoietic progenitor homeobox protein VENTX2
- VentX trans-activates p53 and p16ink4a to regulate cellular senescenceXiaoming Wu
Gastroenterology Division, The Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 286:12693-701. 2011..Using methods of reverse genetics, we recently identified VentX, a human homolog of the vertebrate Xenopus Vent family of homeobox genes, as a novel Wnt repressor and a putative ..
- A processed pseudogene codes for a new antigen recognized by a CD8(+) T cell clone on melanomaA Moreau-Aubry
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U463, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
J Exp Med 191:1617-24. 2000..sequence identified it is a processed pseudogene, derived from a retrotranscript of mRNA coding for homeoprotein HPX42B. The NA88-A gene exhibits several premature stop codons, deletions, and insertions relative to the HPX42B gene...
- Homeobox transcription factor VentX regulates differentiation and maturation of human dendritic cellsXiaoming Wu
From the Departments of Medicine, Gastroenterology Division and
J Biol Chem 289:14633-43. 2014..The molecular determinants of DC differentiation and maturation are target of extensive investigation. VentX is a human homeobox transcriptional factor that regulates proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic cells...
- Genome-wide analysis of dorsal and ventral transcriptomes of the Xenopus laevis gastrulaYi Ding
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1662, USA
Dev Biol . 2016..uncovered classical dorsal genes such as Chordin, Noggin and Cerberus, as well as ventral genes such as Sizzled, Ventx, Wnt8 and Bambi...
- Homeobox protein VentX induces p53-independent apoptosis in cancer cellsHong Gao
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02115, Massachusetts, USA
Oncotarget 7:39719-39729. 2016Identifying novel tumor suppressors holds promise for improving cancer treatment. Our recent studies identified VentX, a homeobox transcriptional factor, as a putative tumor suppressor...
- Immune complexome analysis reveals the specific and frequent presence of immune complex antigens in lung cancer patients: A pilot studyKaname Ohyama
Course of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
Int J Cancer 140:370-380. 2017..heavy chains were specifically and frequently detected (at a frequency higher than 80%), and that phosphoproteins (VENTX, VCIP135) were also specifically present in the ICs of lung cancer patients...
- GM-CSF Down-Regulates TLR Expression via the Transcription Factor PU.1 in Human MonocytesKambis Sadeghi
Dept of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Neonatology, Paediatric Intensive Care and Neuropaediatrics, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
PLoS ONE 11:e0162667. 2016..Knockdown experiments of the transcription factors PU.1 and VentX showed that GM-CSF driven effects on TLR regulation is entirely PU.1 but not VentX dependent...
- VENTX induces expansion of primitive erythroid cells and contributes to the development of acute myeloid leukemia in miceEva Gentner
Institute of Experimental Cancer Research, CCC and University Hospital of Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Oncotarget 7:86889-86901. 2016Homeobox genes are key regulators in normal and malignant hematopoiesis. The human Vent-like homeobox gene VENTX, a putative homolog of the Xenopus laevis Xvent-2 gene, was shown to be highly expressed in normal myeloid cells and in ..
- Ventx factors function as Nanog-like guardians of developmental potential in XenopusPierluigi Scerbo
Departement Regulations, Developpement et Diversite Moleculaire, Museum national d histoire naturelle, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e36855. 2012..Joint over-expression of Xenopus ventx1.2 and ventx2.1-b (ventx1/2) counteracts lineage commitment towards both dorsal and ventral fates and prevents msx1-induced ..
- Suppression of homeobox transcription factor VentX promotes expansion of human hematopoietic stem/multipotent progenitor cellsHong Gao
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 287:29979-87. 2012..Nevertheless, expansion of human HSC/MPPs for clinical application remains a critical challenge. VentX is a human homeobox transcription factor that was recently identified as an anti-proliferation and pro-..
- Molecular cloning of a human Vent-like homeobox geneP A Moretti
Human Immunology Division and Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000, Australia
Genomics 76:21-9. 2001We have isolated a previously unknown human homeobox-containing cDNA, VENT-like homeobox-2 (VENTX2), using PCR with a bone marrow cDNA library and primers designed from the VENTX1 (alias HPX42) homeobox sequence...
- Functional and hierarchical interactions among zebrafish vox/vent homeobox genesClaudio N Gilardelli
Department of Biology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Dev Dyn 230:494-508. 2004..This inhibitory role is emphasized by a vox and vent redundant activity, compared with single gene effects...
- Classification and nomenclature of all human homeobox genesPeter W H Holland
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PS, UK
BMC Biol 5:47. 2007..Increasingly, homeobox genes are being compared between genomes in an attempt to understand the evolution of animal development. Despite their importance, the full diversity of human homeobox genes has not previously been described...
- VentX, a novel lymphoid-enhancing factor/T-cell factor-associated transcription repressor, is a putative tumor suppressorHong Gao
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 70:202-11. 2010..Here, we report that VentX, a human Xom homologue, is a LEF/TCF-associated inhibitor of canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and a negative ..
- The vent-like homeobox gene VENTX promotes human myeloid differentiation and is highly expressed in acute myeloid leukemiaVijay P S Rawat
Institute of Experimental Cancer Research, Comprehensive Cancer Center Ulm and University Hospital Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:16946-51. 2010..Here we report that the human Vent-like homeobox gene VENTX, a putative homolog of the Xenopus xvent2 gene, is a unique regulatory hematopoietic gene that is aberrantly ..
- The homeobox transcription factor VentX controls human macrophage terminal differentiation and proinflammatory activationXiaoming Wu
Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2599-613. 2011..Here we report that the homeobox transcription factor VentX plays a pivotal role in human macrophage terminal differentiation and proinflammatory function...