Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VE cadherin
Description: cadherin 5
Alias: 7B4, CD144, cadherin-5, 7B4 antigen, VE-cadherin, cadherin 5, type 2 (vascular endothelium), cadherin 5, type 2, VE-cadherin (vascular epithelium), cd144 antigen, endothelial-specific cadherin, vascular endothelial cadherin
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Endothelial adherens junctions control tight junctions by VE-cadherin-mediated upregulation of claudin-5Andrea Taddei
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, 20139 Milan, Italy
Nat Cell Biol 10:923-34. 2008..These results offer a molecular basis for the link between AJs and TJs and explain why VE-cadherin inhibition may cause a marked increase in permeability...
- Integrin α2β1 mediates tyrosine phosphorylation of vascular endothelial cadherin induced by invasive breast cancer cellsMehran Haidari
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 287:32981-92. 2012..Tyrosine phosphorylation of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cad) has been implicated in the disruption of endothelial cell adherens junctions and in the ..
- Differential movements of VE-cadherin and PECAM-1 during transmigration of polymorphonuclear leukocytes through human umbilical vein endotheliumWen Hong Su
Department of Physiology and Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Blood 100:3597-603. 2002....
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin and claudin-5 is associated with TGF-β1-induced permeability of centrally derived vascular endotheliumWeiyong Shen
Save Sight Institute, The University of Sydney, Australia
Eur J Cell Biol 90:323-32. 2011..Our results suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin and claudin-5 is involved in the increased paracellular permeability of central nervous system-derived vascular endothelium induced by TGF-β1...
- High-mobility group box-1 and endothelial cell angiogenic markers in the vitreous from patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathyAhmed M Abu El-Asrar
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh 11411, Saudi Arabia
Mediators Inflamm 2012:697489. 2012..4; 95% confidence interval = 6.32-923) and high levels of sEng (odds ratio = 6.01; 95% confidence interval = 1.25-29.0). Our findings suggest that HMGB1, VEGF, sVE-cadherin and sEng regulate the angiogenesis in PDR...
- Transforming growth factor-β1 inhibits trophoblast cell invasion by inducing Snail-mediated down-regulation of vascular endothelial-cadherin proteinJung Chien Cheng
From the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3V5, Canada
J Biol Chem 288:33181-92. 2013..human trophoblast cells with TGF-β1 decreased cell invasion and down-regulated the expression of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin)...
- Human Schlemm's canal cells express the endothelial adherens proteins, VE-cadherin and PECAM-1Ronald L Heimark
Department of Surgery, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Curr Eye Res 25:299-308. 2002..Conclusions. VE-cadherin and PECAM-1 expression in SC suggests that SC cells are vascular in origin and contain adherens protein likely involved in restricting fluid flow across the inner wall of SC...
- The sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor S1PR1 restricts sprouting angiogenesis by regulating the interplay between VE-cadherin and VEGFR2Konstantin Gaengel
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Division of Vascular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Dev Cell 23:587-99. 2012..Our data suggest that S1PR1 signaling acts as a vascular-intrinsic stabilization mechanism, protecting developing blood vessels against aberrant angiogenic responses...
- A novel endothelial-specific membrane protein is a marker of cell-cell contactsM G Lampugnani
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
J Cell Biol 118:1511-22. 1992..On the basis of its distribution in cultured cells and in tissues in situ, 7B4 antigen is distinct from other described EC proteins enriched at intercellular contacts...
- Diversity of the cadherin family: evidence for eight new cadherins in nervous tissueS Suzuki
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Southern California, School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033
Cell Regul 2:261-70. 1991..These findings show that the cadherin family of adhesion molecules is much larger than previously thought, and suggest that the new cadherins may play an important role in cell-cell interactions within the central nervous system...
- Functional properties of human vascular endothelial cadherin (7B4/cadherin-5), an endothelium-specific cadherinF Breviario
Istituto de Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 15:1229-39. 1995Human vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin, 7B4/cadherin-5) is an endothelial-specific cadherin localized at the intercellular junctions...
- Cell confluence regulates tyrosine phosphorylation of adherens junction components in endothelial cellsM G Lampugnani
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milano, Italy
J Cell Sci 110:2065-77. 1997....
- Targeted deficiency or cytosolic truncation of the VE-cadherin gene in mice impairs VEGF-mediated endothelial survival and angiogenesisP Carmeliet
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Leuven, Belgium
Cell 98:147-57. 1999b>Vascular endothelial cadherin, VE-cadherin, mediates adhesion between endothelial cells and may affect vascular morphogenesis via intracellular signaling, but the nature of these signals remains unknown...
- SHP2 association with VE-cadherin complexes in human endothelial cells is regulated by thrombinJ A Ukropec
Department of Physiology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107 6799, USA
J Biol Chem 275:5983-6. 2000..Such changes in adherens junction complex composition likely underlie thrombin-elicited alterations in endothelial monolayer permeability...
- Real-time imaging of vascular endothelial-cadherin during leukocyte transmigration across endotheliumS K Shaw
Vascular Research Division, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 167:2323-30. 2001..To our knowledge, this is the first example where molecular events at the lateral junction have been tracked in real time during transmigration...
- VE-cadherin regulates endothelial actin activating Rac and increasing membrane association of TiamMaria Grazia Lampugnani
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, 20157 Milan, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 13:1175-89. 2002..Through this mechanism VEC may influence the constitutive organization of the actin cytoskeleton...
- A monoclonal antibody to vascular endothelial-cadherin inhibits tumor angiogenesis without side effects on endothelial permeabilityMonica Corada
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
Blood 100:905-11. 2002b>Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) is an endothelial-specific, trans-membrane protein that promotes homophilic cell adhesion...
- VE-PTP and VE-cadherin ectodomains interact to facilitate regulation of phosphorylation and cell contactsRoman Nawroth
Max Planck Institute for Vascular Biology, D 48149 Munster, Germany
EMBO J 21:4885-95. 2002..Thus, VE-PTP is a transmembrane binding partner of VE-cadherin that associates through an extracellular domain and reduces the tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin and cell layer permeability independently of its enzymatic activity...
- Identification of proteases involved in the proteolysis of vascular endothelium cadherin during neutrophil transmigrationBastien Hermant
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Macromolécules, Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel, Commissariat à l Energie Atomique CNRS, Universite Joseph Fourier, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 278:14002-12. 2003..neutrophils across the endothelium occurs at the cell-cell junctions where the vascular endothelium cadherin (VE cadherin) is expressed...
- Elevated concentration of soluble vascular endothelial cadherin is associated with coronary atherosclerosisTakeshi Soeki
Department of Cardiology and Clinical Research, National Zentsuji Hospital, Kagawa, Japan
Circ J 68:1-5. 2004....
- Cyclic AMP potentiates vascular endothelial cadherin-mediated cell-cell contact to enhance endothelial barrier function through an Epac-Rap1 signaling pathwayShigetomo Fukuhara
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:136-46. 2005..In conclusion, cAMP-Epac-Rap1 signaling promotes decreased cell permeability by enhancing VE-cadherin-mediated adhesion lined by the rearranged cortical actin...
- Association of Csk to VE-cadherin and inhibition of cell proliferationUlf Baumeister
Institute of Cell Biology, ZMBE, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
EMBO J 24:1686-95. 2005b>Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) mediates contact inhibition of cell growth in quiescent endothelial cell layers...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin prevents binding of p120- and beta-catenin and maintains the cellular mesenchymal stateMatthew D Potter
Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 280:31906-12. 2005..These findings demonstrate that a single phosphorylation event within the VE-cadherin cytoplasmic tail is sufficient to maintain cells in a mesenchymal state...
- Epac1 regulates integrity of endothelial cell junctions through VE-cadherinMatthijs R H Kooistra
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Centre for Biomedical Genetics, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 579:4966-72. 2005..From these results we conclude that in human umbilical vein endothelial cells Epac1 controls VE-cadherin-mediated cell junction formation and induces reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton...
- A distinct PAR complex associates physically with VE-cadherin in vertebrate endothelial cellsSandra Iden
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, ZMBE, University of Munster, Von Esmarch Str 56, D 48149 Munster, Germany
EMBO Rep 7:1239-46. 2006..Both PAR-3 and PAR-6 associate directly with the adherens junction protein vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin). This association is direct and mediated through non-overlapping domains in VE-cadherin...
- VEGF controls endothelial-cell permeability by promoting the beta-arrestin-dependent endocytosis of VE-cadherinJulie Gavard
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892 4340, USA
Nat Cell Biol 8:1223-34. 2006....
- Basal-to-apical cadherin flow at cell junctionsYoshiko Kametani
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Yoshida Honmachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 9:92-8. 2007..We propose that cadherin flow may provide a mechanism for facilitating the sliding of the two contacting cell membranes in morphogenetically active cell sheets...
- Vascular endothelial cadherin promotes breast cancer progression via transforming growth factor beta signalingMyriam Labelle
Institute of Pathology, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Cancer Res 68:1388-97. 2008..Our findings may have important implications for the clinical application of anti-VE-cadherin strategies...
- ADAM10 regulates endothelial permeability and T-Cell transmigration by proteolysis of vascular endothelial cadherinBeate Schulz
Biochemical Institute, Christian Albrecht University Kiel, Olshausenstr 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
Circ Res 102:1192-201. 2008....
- Breaking the VE-cadherin bondsJulie Gavard
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, CNRS UMR 8104, Paris, France
FEBS Lett 583:1-6. 2009..These findings provide evidence on how endothelial cell-cell junctions impact the vascular network, and change our perception about normal and aberrant angiogenesis...
- VE-Cadherin-mediated cell-cell interaction suppresses sprouting via signaling to MLC2 phosphorylationSabu Abraham
Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Curr Biol 19:668-74. 2009..These findings suggest a novel mechanism by which cell-cell adhesion suppresses Rac1-dependent migration and sprouting by increasing actomyosin contractility at cell junctions...
- Vascular endothelial-cadherin stabilizes at cell-cell junctions by anchoring to circumferential actin bundles through alpha- and beta-catenins in cyclic AMP-Epac-Rap1 signal-activated endothelial cellsKazuomi Noda
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 21:584-96. 2010....
- CCM1 regulates vascular-lumen organization by inducing endothelial polarityMaria Grazia Lampugnani
IFOM, FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology Foundation, 20139 Milan, Italy
J Cell Sci 123:1073-80. 2010..We propose that VEC, CCM1 and Rap1 form a signaling complex. In the absence of any of these proteins, AJs are dismantled, cell polarity is lost and vascular lumenal structure is severely altered...
- Fusobacterium nucleatum adhesin FadA binds vascular endothelial cadherin and alters endothelial integrityYann Fardini
Department of Periodontics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mol Microbiol 82:1468-80. 2011..nucleatum may serve as an 'enabler' for other microorganisms to spread systemically. This may explain why F. nucleatum is often found in mixed infections. This study reveals a possible novel dissemination mechanism utilized by pathogens...
- Vinculin associates with endothelial VE-cadherin junctions to control force-dependent remodelingStephan Huveneers
Hubrecht Institute for Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research, University Medical Centre Utrecht, 3584 CT, Utrecht, Netherlands
J Cell Biol 196:641-52. 2012..cell-cell adhesion, inflammatory cytokine- and angiogenic growth factor-induced signals impinge on the vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) complex, the central component of endothelial adherens junctions...
- p120-Catenin prevents neutrophil transmigration independently of RhoA inhibition by impairing Src dependent VE-cadherin phosphorylationPilar Alcaide
Center for Excellence in Vascular Biology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 303:C385-95. 2012..In summary, p120 overexpression inhibits neutrophil TEM independently of an effect on RhoA or Rac and instead blocks TEM by preventing VE-cad tyrosine phosphorylation and association of active Src with the VE-cad complex...
- HIV-1 Tat C modulates expression of miRNA-101 to suppress VE-cadherin in human brain microvascular endothelial cellsRitu Mishra
Laboratory of Neurovirology and Inflammation Biology, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad 500007, India
J Neurosci 33:5992-6000. 2013..These findings demonstrate a novel mechanism for the regulation of barrier permeability by miR-101 via posttranscriptional regulation of VE-cadherin in human BMVECs exposed to the HIV-1 Tat C protein...
- Vascular endothelial cadherin expression in lung specimens of patients with sepsis-induced acute respiratory distress syndrome and endothelial cell culturesMartina C Herwig
Division of Ophthalmic Pathology, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bonn, DE 53127 Bonn, Germany
Pathobiology 80:245-51. 2013..In this study, VE-cadherin expression was investigated in ARDS lungs and control tissue as well as in an ARDS cell culture model...
- Histamine stimulates phosphorylation of adherens junction proteins and alters their link to vimentinD Michael Shasby
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L1330-8. 2002..Within 60 s, histamine simulated a doubling in the phosphorylation of VE-cadherin and beta- and gamma-catenin. The VE-cadherin immunoprecipitate contained kinase activity that phosphorylated VE-cadherin and gamma-catenin in vitro...
- The human VE-cadherin promoter is subjected to organ-specific regulation and is activated in tumour angiogenesisMarie Hélène Prandini
Department of Cellular Responses and Dynamics, CEA INSERM Joseph Fourier University EMI 0219, CEA Grenoble, France
Oncogene 24:2992-3001. 2005..These results are a first step towards addressing the organ- and tumour-specific regulation of the VE-cadherin gene...
- Src kinase phosphorylates vascular endothelial-cadherin in response to vascular endothelial growth factor: identification of tyrosine 685 as the unique target siteY Wallez
Laboratoire Développement et Vieillissement de l Endothélium, Département Recherche et Dynamique Cellulaires, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, INSERM, Grenoble, France
Oncogene 26:1067-77. 2007..These data identify that VEGF-induced-VE-cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation is mediated by Src on Y685, a process that appears to be critical for VEGF-induced endothelial cell migration...
- Endothelial barrier stabilization by a cyclic tandem peptide targeting VE-cadherin transinteraction in vitro and in vivoWolfgang Moritz Heupel
University of Wurzburg, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Koellikerstr 6, D 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
J Cell Sci 122:1616-25. 2009..Stabilization of VE-cadherin adhesion by cross-bridging peptides may therefore be a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of vascular hyperpermeability...
- Raised concentration of soluble form of vascular endothelial cadherin and IL-23 in sera of patients with Behçet's diseaseZahra Habibagahi
Department of Rheumatology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Mod Rheumatol 20:154-9. 2010..Moreover, endothelial cells express vascular endothelial cadherin adhesion molecule (VE-cadherin), which plays critical roles in angiogenesis and endothelial integrity...
- VE-cadherin and PECAM-1 enhance ALL migration across brain microvascular endothelial cell monolayersStephen M Akers
Cancer Cell Biology Program, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Exp Hematol 38:733-43. 2010....
- Monocyte trans-endothelial migration augments subsequent transmigratory activity with increased PECAM-1 and decreased VE-cadherin at endothelial junctionsKen Hashimoto
First Department of Physiology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
Int J Cardiol 149:232-9. 2011..In this study, we tested the hypothesis that monocyte transmigration alters endothelial junctional organization to facilitate subsequent transmigration...
- Dentin matrix protein 1 induces membrane expression of VE-cadherin on endothelial cells and inhibits VEGF-induced angiogenesis by blocking VEGFR-2 phosphorylationSophie Pirotte
Metastasis Research Laboratory, Grappe Disciplinaire de Génoprotéomique Appliquée GIGA Cancer, Liege, Belgium
Blood 117:2515-26. 2011..We demonstrate that this extracellular matrix protein induced the expression of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin), a key regulator of intercellular junctions and contact inhibition of growth of ..
- Antagonism of VEGF-A-induced increase in vascular permeability by an integrin α3β1-Shp-1-cAMP/PKA pathwaySoo Hyeon Kim
Department of Molecular Bioscience, College of Biomedical Science, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea
Blood 120:4892-902. 2012..barrier function, TIMP-2 elevates cytosolic levels of cAMP and increases cytoskeletal-associated vascular endothelial cadherin in human microvascular endothelial cells...
- Isolation and characterization of dermal lymphatic and blood endothelial cells reveal stable and functionally specialized cell lineagesE Kriehuber
Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Department of Dermatology, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
J Exp Med 194:797-808. 2001..These results demonstrate that LECs and BECs constitute stable and specialized EC lineages equipped with the potential to navigate leukocytes and, perhaps also, tumor cells into and out of the tissues...
- Reduced expression of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 in bone marrow cells in mice after skeletal unloadingMiyuki Sakuma-Zenke
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Iseigaoka, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 20:1002-10. 2005..This study suggests that the reduced ALP activity after skeletal unloading is related to downregulation of PECAM-1 expression in bone marrow cells in mice...
- The role of epithelial and vascular-endothelial cadherin in the differentiation and maintenance of tissue integrityP Nachtigal
Charles University, Prague
Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove) 44:83-7. 2001..Disruption of VE-cadherin-catenin complexes by some inflammatory agents such as thrombin, by inflammatory cells, or shear stress is accompanied by an increase in vascular permeability in vivo and in vitro...
- Pathogenic hantaviruses Andes virus and Hantaan virus induce adherens junction disassembly by directing vascular endothelial cadherin internalization in human endothelial cellsElena Gorbunova
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Stony Brook University, Life Sciences Room 126, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5222, USA
J Virol 84:7405-11. 2010..paracellular permeability of endothelial cells is uniquely determined by the homophilic assembly of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) within adherens junctions, which is regulated by VEGF receptor-2 (VEGFR2) responses...
- Endothelial junctional protein redistribution and increased monolayer permeability in human umbilical vein endothelial cells isolated during preeclampsiaYuping Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shrevport, LA 71130, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:214-20. 2002..We hypothesized that increased endothelial monolayer permeability in preeclampsia reflects altered monolayer barrier properties produced by disorganization of endothelial cell junction proteins...
- Ca2+ signaling, TRP channels, and endothelial permeabilityChinnaswamy Tiruppathi
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Microcirculation 13:693-708. 2006..These results indicate that endothelial TRP channels such as TRPC1 and TRPC4 play an important role in signaling agonist-induced increases in endothelial permeability...
- Alteration of endothelial cell monolayer integrity triggers resynthesis of vascular endothelium cadherinD Gulino
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Macromolécules, Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel Commissariat à l Energie Atomique CNRS, 41, avenue des Martyrs, 38027 Grenoble Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 273:29786-93. 1998..Altogether, these results establish a critical role for VE-cadherin in the maintenance and restoration of endothelium integrity...
- VE-cadherin links tRNA synthetase cytokine to anti-angiogenic functionEleni Tzima
Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2405-8. 2005..Binding of T2-TrpRS inhibited VEGF-induced ERK activation and EC migration. Thus, a VE-cadherin-dependent pathway is proposed to link T2-TrpRS to inhibition of new blood vessel formation...
- Both protein kinase A and exchange protein activated by cAMP coordinate adhesion of human vascular endothelial cellsStuart J Netherton
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada, K7L 3N6
Circ Res 101:768-76. 2007..adhesions of vascular endothelial cells (VECs) to extracellular matrix proteins, their vascular endothelial cadherin-dependent intercellular adhesions, and their proliferation and migration in response to growth and ..
- Expression of mRNA for cell adhesion molecules in the bovine corpus luteum during the estrous cycle and PGF2alpha-induced luteolysisKoumei Shirasuna
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Japan
J Reprod Dev 53:1319-28. 2007..The results suggest that CAMs play physiological roles in cell-to-cell communication to regulate both gap and adherence junctions during CL development and regression in the cow...
- Identification of a novel cadherin (vascular endothelial cadherin-2) located at intercellular junctions in endothelial cellsP Telo'
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, 20157 Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 273:17565-72. 1998..We propose for this new protein the name of vascular endothelial cadherin-2...
- Highly efficient and feeder-free production of subculturable vascular endothelial cells from primate embryonic stem cellsKumiko Saeki
Department of Hematology, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Physiol 217:261-80. 2008..All adherent cells including sac walls cells and surrounding cobblestone cells expressed vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) at intercellular junctions...
- TAL-1/SCL and its partners E47 and LMO2 up-regulate VE-cadherin expression in endothelial cellsVirginie Deleuze
Institut de Génétique Moléculaire de Montpellier CNRS, UMR5535, Montpellier, France
Mol Cell Biol 27:2687-97. 2007..the inhibition of in vitro tubulomorphogenesis, which was associated with a dramatic reduction in vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) at intercellular junctions...
- Shc coordinates signals from intercellular junctions and integrins to regulate flow-induced inflammationYunhao Liu
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Cell Biol 182:185-96. 2008..Shc activation and its vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) association are matrix independent...
- Matrix-specific activation of Src and Rho initiates capillary morphogenesis of endothelial cellsYanqiu Liu
Division of Cancer Biology and Angiogenesis, Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
FASEB J 18:457-68. 2004....
- Polymorphonuclear leukocyte adhesion triggers the disorganization of endothelial cell-to-cell adherens junctionsA Del Maschio
Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
J Cell Biol 135:497-510. 1996..This effect could increase EC permeability and facilitate PMN transmigration during the acute inflammatory reaction...
- Role of Ca2+ signaling in the regulation of endothelial permeabilityChinnaswamy Tiruppathi
Department of Pharmacology M C868, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 S Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 39:173-85. 2002..These results indicate that endothelial TRP channels such as TRPC1 and TRPC4 play an important role in signaling the increase in endothelial permeability...
- Placenta-derived chymotrypsin-like protease (CLP) disturbs endothelial junctional structure in preeclampsiaYang Gu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
Reprod Sci 16:479-88. 2009..Endothelial junction protein vascular endothelial cadherin expression and distribution were examined by fluorescent staining of endothelial cells with or without ..
- Platelet-activating factor increases VE-cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation in mouse endothelial cells and its association with the PtdIns3'-kinaseHélène Hudry-Clergeon
INSERM EMI 02 19, Laboratoire de Développement et Vieillissement de l Endothélium, Département Réponse Dynamique Cellulaire, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
FASEB J 19:512-20. 2005..Physical association between PtdIns3'-kinase, serving as a docking protein, and VE-cadherin may thus provide an efficient mechanism for amplification and perpetuation of PAF-induced cellular activation...
- Radiation effects on the cytoskeleton of endothelial cells and endothelial monolayer permeabilityDorota Gabrys
Department of Radiation Oncology, Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Gliwice Branch, Gliwice, Poland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1553-62. 2007..To investigate the effects of radiation on the endothelial cytoskeleton and endothelial monolayer permeability and to evaluate associated signaling pathways, which could reveal potential mechanisms of known vascular effects of radiation...
- A peptide inhibitor of the urokinase/urokinase receptor system inhibits alteration of the blood-retinal barrier in diabetesDeepti Navaratna
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
FASEB J 22:3310-7. 2008..The ability of A6 to block retinal vascular permeability in diabetes suggests a potential therapeutic approach for the treatment of diabetic macular edema...
- Selective targeting of angiogenic tumor vasculature by vascular endothelial-cadherin antibody inhibits tumor growth without affecting vascular permeabilityFang Liao
ImClone Systems Incorporated, New York, NY 10014, USA
Cancer Res 62:2567-75. 2002..Our data also suggest that antibody E4G10 recognizes VE-cadherin epitopes that are only accessible on endothelial cells forming new adherens junctions, such as in angiogenic tumor vasculature...
- Inhibition of glioblastoma angiogenesis and invasion by combined treatments directed against vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2, epidermal growth factor receptor, and vascular endothelial-cadherinKatrin Lamszus
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute for Anatomy II, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:4934-40. 2005..In addition, we analyzed whether blockade of vascular endothelial (VE)-cadherin as a different antiangiogenic target could also inhibit glioblastoma angiogenesis and growth...
- Architecture of the VE-cadherin hexamerElizabeth A Hewat
Laboratoire de Microscopie Electronique Structurale, Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel, UMR 5075, CEA CNRS UJF, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
J Mol Biol 365:744-51. 2007..In the context of the cell-cell junction these cis-trimers close to the membrane, and trans-dimers from opposing membranes, would increase the avidity of the bond...
- An in vitro embryotoxicity assay based on the disturbance of the differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells into endothelial cells. II. Testing of compoundsMatthias Festag
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Birkendorfer Str 65, 88397 Biberach an der Riss, Germany
Toxicol In Vitro 21:1631-40. 2007....
- Structure of artificial and natural VE-cadherin-based adherens junctionsJean Christophe Taveau
CBMN UMR CNRS 5248 IECB, Universite Bordeaux 1, Avenue des Facultes, 33405 Talence, France
Biochem Soc Trans 36:189-93. 2008In vascular endothelium, adherens junctions between endothelial cells are composed of VE-cadherin (vascular endothelial cadherin), an adhesive receptor that is crucial for the proper assembly of vascular structures and the maintenance of ..
- Serum erythropoietin and angiogenetic factors in human colorectal cancerA Chabowska
Department of Medical, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Prague Med Rep 108:348-57. 2007..Therefore we aimed at measurement and comparison of serum erythropoietin with VEGF, VE-cadherin levels, blood haemoglobin and hematocrit in colorectal cancer patients of different clinicopathological profiles...
- Integrins regulate VE-cadherin and catenins: dependence of this regulation on Src, but not on RasYingxiao Wang
Department of Bioengineering, The Whitaker Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:1774-9. 2006..The results indicate that integrin engagement disrupts VE-cadherin-containing adherens junctions via the activation of Src, but not Ras, possibly as a result of modulation of the actin network...
- Stable vascular connections and remodeling require full expression of VE-cadherin in zebrafish embryosMercedes Montero-Balaguer
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e5772. 2009..However, the mechanism of action of VE-cadherin is complex and, in the mouse embryo, it is difficult to define the specific steps of vascular development in which this protein is involved...
- Molecular organization of tight and adherens junctions in the human placental vascular treeL Leach
School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
Placenta 21:547-57. 2000..b>Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) clusters were co-localized with beta-catenin, an important signal transduction ligand, ..
- Putative intermediate precursor between hematogenic endothelial cells and blood cells in the developing embryoStuart T Fraser
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine and Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawaharacho 53, Sakyo ku, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 45:63-75. 2003..Collectively, these results introduce a novel VE-cadherin+ population within the developing embryo, which may represent an intermediate cell type in the transition of hemogenic endothelial cells into blood...
- Neutrophils induce sequential focal changes in endothelial adherens junction components: role of elastaseCarmen V Ionescu
Vascular Biology Inflammation Program, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, ON, Canada
Microcirculation 10:205-20. 2003..e., through endothelial cell-cell junctions. Herein, we assessed whether the adherens junctions (AJs) are disrupted during PMN transendothelial cell migration...
- Adherens junctions in endothelial cells regulate vessel maintenance and angiogenesisMaria Grazia Lampugnani
IFOM, FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milano, Italy
Thromb Res 120:S1-6. 2007....
- Suppressing PTEN activity by tobacco smoke plus interleukin-1beta modulates dissociation of VE-cadherin/beta-catenin complexes in endotheliumSilvia S Barbieri
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:732-8. 2008....
- The role of adherens junctions and VE-cadherin in the control of vascular permeabilityElisabetta Dejana
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Via Adamello 16, 20139, Italy
J Cell Sci 121:2115-22. 2008..In endothelial cells, AJs are largely composed of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin), an endothelium-specific member of the cadherin family of adhesion proteins that binds, ..
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus disrupts adherens junctions and increases endothelial permeability by inducing degradation of VE-cadherinLi Wu Qian
Tumor Virology Program, Greehey Children s Cancer Research Institute, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Virol 82:11902-12. 2008..permeability was associated with the disruption of adherens junctions and the degradation of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) protein...
- Andes virus disrupts the endothelial cell barrier by induction of vascular endothelial growth factor and downregulation of VE-cadherinPunya Shrivastava-Ranjan
Special Pathogens Branch, G 14, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Virol 84:11227-34. 2010..These data implicate virus induction of VEGF and reduction in VE-cadherin in the endothelial cell permeability seen in HPS and suggest potential immunotherapeutic targets for the treatment of the disease...
- Diesel exhaust particle exposure causes redistribution of endothelial tube VE-cadherinMing Wei Chao
Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Toxicology 279:73-84. 2011....
- Determination of microvessel density by quantitative real-time PCR in esophageal cancer: correlation with histologic methods, angiogenic growth factor expression, and lymph node metastasisSonja Loges
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 13:76-80. 2007..We compared MVD determination by immunohistology and quantitative real-time PCR and correlated the results with clinical variables...
- The control of endothelial cell functions by adherens junctionsMaria Grazia Lampugnani
IFOM, FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
Novartis Found Symp 283:4-13; discussion 13-7, 238-41. 2007....
- Confocal immunolocalization of VE-cadherin- and CXC chemokine-expressing endothelial cells in periapical granulomasO Takeichi
Department of Endodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int Endod J 41:401-7. 2008..To determine whether endothelial cells (ECs) in periapical granulomas can express vascular endothelial (VE)-cadherin, CXCL8 and CXCL10 by examining with two-colour confocal laser scanning microscope...
- Rapid endothelial turnover in atherosclerosis-prone areas coincides with stem cell repair in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceGeorgios Foteinos
Department of Cardiac and Vascular Sciences, St George s University of London, London, UK
Circulation 117:1856-63. 2008..In the present study, we investigated endothelial cell turnover and regeneration in apolipoprotein E (apoE)(-/-)/transgenic mice carrying LacZ genes driven by an endothelial TIE2 promoter...
- Expression of alpha4-integrin defines the earliest precursor of hematopoietic cell lineage diverged from endothelial cellsM Ogawa
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 93:1168-77. 1999..5 day postcoitum mouse embryos. Our results suggest that the expression of alpha4-integrin is a marker of the earliest precursor of hematopoietic cell lineage that was diverged from endothelial progenitors...
- VE-cadherin is not required for the formation of nascent blood vessels but acts to prevent their disassemblyChristopher V Crosby
Cardiovascular Developmental Biology Center, Department of Cell Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Blood 105:2771-6. 2005....
- Proteolytic degradation of VE-cadherin alters the blood-retinal barrier in diabetesDeepti Navaratna
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Diabetes 56:2380-7. 2007....
- Pulmonary angiogenesis in a rat model of hepatopulmonary syndromeJunlan Zhang
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Gastroenterology 136:1070-80. 2009..Pentoxifylline (PTX) directly decreases lung endothelial Akt and eNOS activation, blocks intravascular monocyte accumulation, and improves experimental HPS; we evaluated whether pulmonary angiogenesis develops in this model...
- Progenitor analysis of primitive erythropoiesis generated from in vitro culture of embryonic stem cellsTakeshi Otani
Fujisaki Cell Center, Hayashibara Biochemical Laboratories, Inc, Fujisaki, Okayama, Japan
Exp Hematol 33:632-40. 2005..In this study, we utilized our coculture system, in which ES-derived Flk-1+ cells differentiated into TER-119+ primitive erythroid (EryP) cells on OP9 cells, and looked for progenitors in primitive erythropoiesis...
- Vascular endothelial-cadherin regulates cytoskeletal tension, cell spreading, and focal adhesions by stimulating RhoACeleste M Nelson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:2943-53. 2004....
- Preclinical development of tissue-engineered vein valves and venous substitutes using re-endothelialised human vein matrixO E Teebken
Department of Cardiac, Thoracic, Transplantation and Vascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 37:92-102. 2009..This technique may enable causal treatment of venous reflux and obstructions...
- Endothelial adherens junctionsP Petzelbauer
Department of Dermatology, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc 5:10-3. 2000....
- Wild-type levels of the mouse Forkhead Box f1 gene are essential for lung repairVladimir V Kalinichenko
Department of Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607 7170, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 282:L1253-65. 2002..bone morphogenetic protein-4, surfactant protein B, platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule, and vascular endothelial cadherin genes, whereas the expression of these genes was either transiently diminished or increased in wild-..
- Identification of a novel class of human adherent CD34- stem cells that give rise to SCID-repopulating cellsSelim Kuci
Department of Hematology Oncology, University Children s Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Blood 101:869-76. 2003..Hence, these cells possess a distinct in vivo differentiation potential compared with that of CD34(+) stem cells and may therefore provide an alternative to CD34(+) progenitor cells for transplantation...
- Effects of cadmium on E-cadherin and VE-cadherin in mouse lungCeleste A Pearson
Department of Pharmacology, Midwestern University, 555 31st Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
Life Sci 72:1303-20. 2003..These findings suggest that E-cadherin and VE-cadherin may be important early targets of Cd(2+) toxicity in the lung...
- High flow drives vascular endothelial cell proliferation during flow-induced arterial remodeling associated with the expression of vascular endothelial growth factorEiketsu Sho
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5642, USA
Exp Mol Pathol 75:1-11. 2003..Hemodynamic forces may drive endothelial cell downstream migration. Expression of VEGF and cell junction molecules contribute to flow-induced arterial remodeling...
- CRIM1-b-Catenin-Cadherin Interactions in Eye Development and DiseaseRICHARD A contact LANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..The down-regulation of cadherin expression and activity is also know to be a critical step in epithelial tumor progression as it allows tumor cells to leave the epithelium, become invasive and ultimately form metastases. ..
- Margaret Markiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2014..This may lead to future discovery of a new therapeutic intervention for cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases. ..
- BENJAMIN ANDREW NANES; Fiscal Year: 2015..In this application, we seek to investigate the role of endocytosis in the regulation of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin), the main adhesion molecule in endothelial adherens junctions...
- Dezheng Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies have high impact by linking Nur77 to IBD pathogenesis and indicate vascular components of inflammation that could serve as therapeutic targets. ..
- Endothelial protease activity, organogenesis and birth defectsSuneel S Apte; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed work has immediate significance for common human birth defects, such as cleft palate and cardiac anomalies, and may provide new mouse models for other developmental defects. ..
- Erich R Mackow; Fiscal Year: 2016..Here we will evaluate the efficacy of compounds that enhance EC barrier functions for their ability to prevent HPS-like disease in Syrian hamsters. ..
- High throughput screening of embryonic stem cell differentiationNgan F Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The potential impact of this research to public health is a reduction in mortality and morbidity among patients suffering from PAD. ..
- Microvascular Endothelial Cells in the Pathogenesis of Chronic Kidney InjuryIkuyo Yamaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2011..component of the inflammatory process leading to fibrosis, focusing on the adherens junction protein vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) and its regulation by the angiogenic signaling molecule placental growth factor (PIGF)...
- Vascular Sphingosine Kinase Signaling in Cerebral Ischemic ToleranceBRADLEY KENT WACKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Elucidating the mechanisms of neurovascular unit protection will facilitate the development of stroke therapeutics. ..
- Klaus M Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies may identify new targets for therapies in the treatment of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Contribution of the vascular niche to the hematopoietic reconstitution.Shahin Rafii; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Preventing lethal hemorrhagic fever caused by hantaviruses by preserving endothelALAN L MUELLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aim 2: Investigate dose-response efficacy of Slit2N against ANDV. Specific Aim 3: Investigate efficacy of delayed therapy with Slit2N against ANDV. Specific Aim 4: Investigate efficacy of Slit2N in combination with ribavirin. ..
- DEAN YAW LI; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Olin D Liang; Fiscal Year: 2016..This will allow us to further investigate the role of EndMT in vascular regression and other physiological or pathological processes in vivo. ..
- Kishore K Wary; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results of these investigations may reveal new therapeutic strategies to regulate angiogenesis, and the apoptotic properties of endothelial and tumor cells. ..
- Sean P Palecek; Fiscal Year: 2014..Ascertain the effects of shear stress on hPSC-derived BMEC phenotype induction and maintenance 3. Determine the roles of PECAM-1 and VE-cadherin in shear-induced differentiation of BMECs ..
- Magdalena Chrzanowska; Fiscal Year: 2016..Knowledge gained through this research is expected to enable successful modulation of VEGF responses by manipulating specific Rap1 isoform activity. ..
- Orphan Nuclear Receptor TR3 in tumor angiogenesis and associated microvessel permHuiyan Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2013..The information from this study will not only enhance our understanding of the pathophyiosiology of tumorigenesis but also help us to develop effective therapeutic approaches for treatment of cancers. ..
- Martin A Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2016..2) identify the protein interactions that mediate adapter function by VE-cadherin. 3) examine vascular inflammation and atherogenesis in PAK-deficient mice. ..
- Rapid Heart Attack Detection using an AC Electrokinetic DeviceRajaram Krishnan; Fiscal Year: 2011..5 to 60.1 ng/mL and in MI patients from 113 to 909 ng/mL. Markers and antibody stains for identifying EMPs include CD144, von Willebrand Factor (vWF) and Ulex Europaeus Agluttin (UEA), a lectin stain...
- A mechanism for suppression of TNF induced endothelial dysfunctionArnold Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, successful completion of the proposed studies may result in progress in treatment and prevention of advanced sepsis/ARDS. ..
- William C Sessa; Fiscal Year: 2014..Mechanistically, the loss of Nogo suppresses ICAM-1 mediated signaling and the phosphorylation of VE cadherin in EC, which contributes to reduced inflammation in mice lacking Nogo-B...
- Andrew P Kowalczyk; Fiscal Year: 2015..Completion of these studies will advance our understanding of cadherin based adhesion mechanisms and reveal possible therapeutic targets to regulate angiogenesis and inappropriate vascular regression. ..
- LEONID V MEDVED; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Jerome W Breslin; Fiscal Year: 2015..Discovery of targets that can be used to resolve microvascular hyperpermeability will revolutionize the treatment of trauma patients, and will also create new opportunities to treat edema associated with a wide range of diseases. ..
- William A Muller; Fiscal Year: 2016..The results of these studies will contribute significantly to our understanding of the regulation of diapedesis and provide new targets for anti-inflammatory therapy. ..
- Functional Genomics of the Cavernous Malformation GeneMurat Gunel; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed experiments are focused on identifying the molecular pathways relevant to CCM disease and on studying these pathways in vivo with a long-term goal of defining new and more effective therapies. ..
- Endothelial cell junctions in mechanotransductionEleni Tzima; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed research will improve our understanding of why atherosclerosis plaques develop in specific regions in the vascular tree and may lead to development of therapies for cardiovascular disease and inflammation. ..
- Role of CD166/ALCAM in Lung Endothelial Barrier FunctionSolomon Ofori Acquah; Fiscal Year: 2007..Blocking vascular endothelial cadherin function causes interstitial pulmonary edema, however normal endothelial cell junctions are formed in ..
- Fate of Lung Stem Cells During Pulmonary DiseaseSusan M Majka; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- FAK in E.coli PathogenesisLewis Romer; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli K1 disease in the brain microvasculature. Insights into mechanisms of E .coli invasion that are gained here may provide useful paradigms for approaching E. coli disease in other organ systems. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CADMIUM TOXICITY IN EPITHELIAL CELLSWALTER PROZIALECK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the results of these studies could have more general implications regarding the mechanisms by which toxic substances affect living organisms. ..
- Asrar B Malik; Fiscal Year: 2016..By more fully understanding the signaling mechanisms of reversal of increased vascular permeability, we will be better able to develop novel strategies to prevent vascular leakiness and formation of pulmonary edema. ..
- William C Sessa; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Non-canonical VEGF receptor signaling regulates retinal neovascularizationMICHAEL EDWIN BOULTON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Understanding this novel non-canonical VEGF signalling pathway(s) will provide new information on angiogenesis and allow development of a sustainable treatment strategy for AMD and diabetic retinopathy. ..
- The Role of the Stem Cell Niche in ALLLaura F Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding the mechanisms by which the Ph+ leukemic stem cell is protected by the bone marrow microenvironment will increase our ability to design novel treatment strategies that are more effective in targeting this population. ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species and Endothelial MigrationMasuko Ushio Fukai; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Mei Yu Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2014..identical to that of "vasculogenic mimicry (VM)";2) the vessel-like channels so formed in VM are themselves CD144 (VE-cadherin)+ and intimately associated with authentic endothelial structures, in keeping with so-called "..
- Jalees Rehman; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- CRP, eNOS and Endothelial DysfunctionPhilip W Shaul; Fiscal Year: 2010..with mice expressing tamoxifen-inducible Cre-recombinase under the regulation of the vascular endothelial cadherin promoter (VECad-Cre-ERT2)...
- MODULATION OF THE ENDOTHELIUM BY THROMBIN AND SHEARMarilyn Woolkalis; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research will provide foundation for examining problems of chronic vascular disease where the dysfunctional endothelium no longer appropriately regulates vascular permeability and vessel repair. ..
- P71 IN DERMAL MICROVASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL JUNCTION ASSEMBLAndrew Kowalczyk; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies are designed to provide the basis for an individual research proposal focusing on the role of this novel arm protein in dermal microvascular endothelial barrier function and neovascularization. ..
- Slit2N for the Treatment of Viral Hemorrhagic FeverALAN L MUELLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..With this information, we would then expect to meet with the FDA in a pre-IND meeting to discuss the final preclinical requirements and future clinical path. ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species in Coronary Collateral GrowthWilliam M Chilian; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will provide insight into the cell-specific locations where ROS and redox signaling modulate coronary collateral growth. ..
- Endothelial Barrier Function Regulation by VEGFDavid Cheresh; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies not only offer new insight into the role that VEGF and Src play in vascular biology and cancer but suggest a new therapeutic strategy to block VEGF-mediated vascular permeability as a means to regulate metastatic disease. ..
- MECHANISMS OF VASCULAR BARRIER REGULATIONKane Schaphorst; Fiscal Year: 2001..End of abstract) ..
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL DYSFUNCTION IN CHRONIC IMMUNE DISEASESFRANCIS LUSCINSKAS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim 3 will utilize in vivo models of chronic inflammation or immune reactions to test the potential role of human JAM in leukocyte recruitment. ..
- Vivek Mittal; Fiscal Year: 2015..These experiments can lead to the development of targeted therapies which can reduce primary tumor growth and metastatic burden with the hope of extending the lives of patients with aggressive cancers. ..
- Immune evasion by gamma 2 HerpesvirusesKLAUS J FRUEH; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Sarah Y Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2016..Information gleaned from the study will significantly advance our understanding of microvascular pathobiology following thermal injury, with the potential to be translated to clinical practice for improved patient care. ..
- Downstream of Akt in the tumor vesselWilliam C Aird; Fiscal Year: 2012..We anticipate our findings to be relevant not only to the management of tumor progression but to have particular applications in preventing metastasis ..
- PKC Isoenzymes and Diabetic Microvascular HyperpermeabilitySarah Y Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanochemical regulation of endothelial permeabilityKonstantin Birukov; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Endotoxin TLR4 Signaling Regulates Lung Endothelial Paracellular PathwaySIMEON EMANUEL GOLDBLUM; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Yulia A Komarova; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will exploit state of the art technologies including live cell imaging, expression of mutant constructs, gene transfer, and murine models of lung inflammation to accomplish the specific aims. ..
- John A Frangos; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Sema3A-Nrp1 signaling on tumor cell extravastion and metastasisLISETTE MARIE ACEVEDO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding how mediators of vascular permeability can affect tumor extravasation and metastasis is required to design novel approaches to control metastatic disease. ..
- SHEAR STRESS MODULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL WOUND HEALINGMARIA LUIZA ALBUQUERQUE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Investigation of the mechanisms underlying endothelial repair during shear stress may lead to better strategies for the management of patients suffering from a variety of cardiovascular disorders. ..
- Mechansim of tea catechin's inhibition of angiogenesisMohsen Meydani; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Closure of the Primate Ductus ArteriosusRonald Clyman; Fiscal Year: 2006..the role of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) on the inflammatory changes and the reorganization of VE cadherin that occur during ductus remodeling...
- MECHANISMS OF INFLAMMATORY EDEMADOUGLAS SHASBY; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will use this model to determine if histamine alters cadherin-based adhesion due to effects within the cadherin-catenin complex. ..
- Role of ADAMs 9 and 15 in Proliferative RetinopathyCarl Blobel; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- David A Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have put together a research team that has the expertise and drive to successfully address this important question. ..
- BIOLOGICAL STUDIES IN KAPOSI'S SARCOMAPHILIP BROWNING; Fiscal Year: 2000..The results from these studies will advance our knowledge of KS pathogenesis, HHV-8 viral tropism, and hopefully improve our staging and ability to monitor AIDS-KS disease response. ..
- p120 catenin/VE-cadherin interaction in angiogenesisAndres Ferber; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will help elucidate the basic biochemical and biological responses by which the interaction between VE-cadherin and p120ctn may modulate angiogenesis...
- VASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL CADHERIN FUNCTION IN INFLAMMATIONSUNIL SHAW; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Vascular endothelial cadherin is located at endothelial adherens and junctions and may regulate monolayer permeability to leukocytes ..
- p120 catenin in vascular endothelial homeostasisHazel Lum; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal, we seek to better understand how a healthy vasculature is controlled in tissues, which is vital to better design treatments to prevent or reverse pathological disease processes. ..
- PKA in Reduction of Endothelial PermeabilityHazel Lum; Fiscal Year: 2006....