Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VDR
Description: vitamin D (1,25- dihydroxyvitamin D3) receptor
Alias: NR1I1, PPP1R163, vitamin D3 receptor, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 receptor, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group I member 1, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 163, vitamin D nuclear receptor variant 1, vitamin D receptor
Publications377 found, 100 shown here
- Distribution of the vitamin D receptor and 1 alpha-hydroxylase in human brainDarryl W Eyles
Queensland Centre for Schizophrenia Research, The Park Centre for Mental Health, Wacol, QLD 4076, Australia
J Chem Neuroanat 29:21-30. 2005..This paper reports, for the first time, the distribution of the 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 receptor (VDR), and 1alpha-hydroxylase (1alpha-OHase), the enzyme responsible for the formation of the active vitamin in the ..
- Association study on two vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and vitamin D metabolites in multiple sclerosisJoost Smolders
School for Mental Health and Neuroscience, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1173:515-20. 2009An association of two single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene, Apal (rs7975232) and Taql (rs731236), with multiple sclerosis (MS) has been reported in a Caucasian population...
- 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) ameliorates Th17 autoimmunity via transcriptional modulation of interleukin-17ASneha Joshi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3653-69. 2011..1,25(OH)(2)D(3) repression of IL-17A expression was found to be transcriptional repression, mediated by the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Genetics and biology of vitamin D receptor polymorphismsAndre G Uitterlinden
Genetic Laboratory, Room Ee575, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Dr Molewaterplein 50, PO Box 1738, NL 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gene 338:143-56. 2004..Recent studies have indicated many polymorphisms to exist in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene, but the influence of VDR gene polymorphisms on VDR protein function and signaling is largely ..
- Vitamin D and human health: lessons from vitamin D receptor null miceRoger Bouillon
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Laboratory of Experimental Medicine and Endocrinology, Herestraat 49, O and N 1 bus 902, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Endocr Rev 29:726-76. 2008..D [1,25-(OH)(2)D], can now be better evaluated by critical analysis of mice with engineered deletion of the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Review and meta-analysis on vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and cancer riskSara Raimondi
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, Milan, Italy
Carcinogenesis 30:1170-80. 2009It was suggested that vitamin D levels influence cancer development. The vitamin D receptor (VDR) is a crucial mediator for the cellular effects of vitamin D...
- Convergence of IL-1beta and VDR activation pathways in human TLR2/1-induced antimicrobial responsesPhilip T Liu
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5810. 2009..monocytes triggers induction of the defensin beta 4 gene (DEFB4), requiring convergence of the IL-1beta and vitamin D receptor (VDR) pathways...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and haplotypes and postmenopausal breast cancer riskSascha Abbas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 10:R31. 2008b>Vitamin D receptor (VDR) genotypes may influence breast cancer risk by altering potential anticarcinogenic effects of vitamin D, but epidemiological studies have been inconsistent...
- Vitamin D receptor (VDR)-mediated actions of 1α,25(OH)₂vitamin D₃: genomic and non-genomic mechanismsMark R Haussler
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 25:543-59. 2011..secosteroid, 1α,25(OH)₂vitamin D₃ (1α,25(OH)₂D₃) initiates biological responses via binding to the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and colorectal cancer risk: a systematic meta-analysisYong Heng Bai
Wenzhou Key Laboratory of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:1672-9. 2012To investigate the relationship between polymorphisms present in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene and colorectal cancer risk, a systematic meta-analysis of population-based studies was performed.
- Meta-analysis of molecular association studies: vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and BMD as a case studyAmmarin Thakkinstian
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, Newcastle University, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 19:419-28. 2004..This study performed a meta-analysis of the association of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms and BMD. We also highlight methodological issues that need to be resolved.
- Ethnic-specific genetic associations with pulmonary tuberculosisJulio C Delgado
Center for Blood Research and Departments of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Infect Dis 186:1463-8. 2002..Here, polymorphisms in the natural resistance-associated macrophage protein 1 (NRAMP1), vitamin D receptor, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin (IL)-1, and IL-10 genes were evaluated in 358 Cambodian patients ..
- Associations between vitamin D, vitamin D receptor gene and the androgen receptor gene with colon and rectal cancerMartha L Slattery
University of Utah, Health Research Center, Salt Lake City, USA
Int J Cancer 118:3140-6. 2006The transcriptional activity of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene is regulated, at least in part, by the androgen receptor (AR) gene...
- Association between vitamin D receptor polymorphism and type 2 diabetes or metabolic syndrome in community-dwelling older adults: the Rancho Bernardo StudyJee Young Oh
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0607, USA
Metabolism 51:356-9. 2002b>Vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphism influences susceptibility to type 1 diabetes, but the association with type 2 diabetes is not clear...
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, lead, and genetic susceptibility: polymorphisms in the delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase and vitamin D receptor genesFreya Kamel
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1335-9. 2003..Polymorphisms in the genes for delta-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (ALAD) and the vitamin D receptor (VDR) may affect susceptibility to lead exposure...
- Sun exposure, vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms, and breast cancer risk in a multiethnic populationEsther M John
Northern California Cancer Center, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Am J Epidemiol 166:1409-19. 2007..This study examined associations of breast cancer with sun exposure, the principal source of vitamin D, and vitamin D receptor gene (VDR) polymorphisms (FokI, TaqI, BglI) in a population-based case-control study of Hispanic, African-..
- Meta-analyses of vitamin D intake, 25-hydroxyvitamin D status, vitamin D receptor polymorphisms, and colorectal cancer riskMathilde Touvier
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Imperial College London, London, UK
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:1003-16. 2011..We also aimed at conducting meta-analysis of all studies on CRC and vitamin D receptor (VDR) single-nucleotide polymorphisms.
- Vitamin D intake, vitamin D receptor polymorphisms, and breast cancer risk among women living in the southwestern U.SDana E Rollison
Department of Cancer Epidemiology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:683-91. 2012No studies of dietary vitamin D intake and vitamin D receptor (VDR) have been conducted comparing breast risk among Hispanic women and non-Hispanic white (NHW) women...
- BsmI but not FokI polymorphism of VDR gene is contributed in breast cancerShirin Shahbazi
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Med Oncol 30:393. 2013..The effects of vitamin D are mediated via the vitamin D receptor (VDR) which is encoded by VDR gene...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and prognosis of breast cancer among African-American and Hispanic womenDhruva K Mishra
Division of Cancer Research and Training, Center to Eliminate Cancer Health Disparities, Department of Internal Medicine, Charles R Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e57967. 2013Vitamin D plays a role in cancer development and acts through the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and hepatocellular carcinoma in alcoholic cirrhosisEdmondo Falleti
Laboratory Medicine, University of Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 16:3016-24. 2010To assess the relationship between vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms and the presence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Vitamin D metabolic pathway genes and risk of multiple sclerosis in CanadiansSarah Michelle Orton
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics and Department of Clinical Neurology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
J Neurol Sci 305:116-20. 2011..Previous studies have shown that serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25(OH)D) levels are genetically influenced. Polymorphisms in vitamin D pathway genes are candidates for association with MS susceptibility...
- Vitamin D receptor genotype is associated with fat-free mass and sarcopenia in elderly menStephen M Roth
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 59:10-5. 2004We investigated the association of vitamin D receptor (VDR) genotype with fat-free mass (FFM) in a cohort of 302 older (aged 58-93 years) Caucasian men who underwent body composition analysis by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, and ..
- Vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and the risk of acute lower respiratory tract infection in early childhoodDaniel E Roth
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Infect Dis 197:676-80. 2008To investigate associations of 2 vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms and acute lower respiratory tract infection (ALRI), we compared 56 young children hospitalized with ALRI and 64 children without a history of ALRI...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and susceptibility to type 1 diabetes in Crete, GreeceCharalambos Panierakis
Department of Paediatrics, University of Crete, POB 2208, Heraklion 71003, Greece
Clin Immunol 133:276-81. 2009Association studies of vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphisms and risk of type 1 diabetes (T1D) have produced inconsistent results in different populations, pointing to contribution of additional genetic variants and environmental factors...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-3 and vitamin d receptor genetic polymorphisms, and their interactions with occupational exposure in lumbar disc degenerationHan Yan Yuan
Department of Occupational Health, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Occup Health 52:23-30. 2010..To investigate the occupational and genetic risk factors inducing lumbar disc degeneration in a Chinese population, and to explore their synergistic interactions...
- Correlation of vitamin D receptor gene (VDR) polymorphism with osteoporotic changes in Polish postmenopausal womenAgnieszka Seremak-Mrozikiewicz
Division of Perinatology and Women s Diseases, Department of Perinatology and Gynecology, University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 30:540-6. 2009..Much attention to the polymorphic variants of vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene was paid...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphism is associated with Graves' disease in the Japanese populationY Ban
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:4639-43. 2000..We recently described the association of GD with the vitamin D receptor (VDR) exon 2 initiation codon (VDR-FOK:I) polymorphism...
- Vitamin D receptor polymorphism and the risk of colorectal adenomas: evidence of interaction with dietary vitamin D and calciumH S Kim
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Cancer Prevention Research Program, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:869-74. 2001..vitamin D plays a role in the etiology of colorectal adenomas, possibly through a mechanism mediated by the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Genetic variation in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) and the vitamin D-binding protein (GC) and risk for colorectal cancer: results from the Colon Cancer Family RegistryJenny N Poynter
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:525-36. 2010..In this analysis, we did a comprehensive evaluation of common variants in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) and the vitamin D-binding protein (GC; group-specific component) genes using a population-based case-..
- Metagenomic study of single-nucleotide polymorphism within candidate genes associated with type 2 diabetes in an Indian populationP N Mukhopadhyaya
Medical Genetics Division, geneOmbio Technologies, Pashan, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Genet Mol Res 9:2060-8. 2010..The genes and their corresponding single-nucleotide polymorphisms that we screened were VDR (rs 731236 and rs 1544410), IL-6 (rs 1800795), TCF7L2 (rs 7903146) and TNF-α (rs 1800629)...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and breast cancer riskMichelle Guy
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 10:5472-81. 2004..The actions of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 are mediated via the vitamin D receptor (VDR), and a number of polymorphisms in the VDR gene have been identified...
- Associations between polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor and breast cancer riskWendy Y Chen
Channing Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2335-9. 2005Biological and epidemiologic data suggest that vitamin D levels may influence breast cancer development. The vitamin D receptor (VDR) is a crucial mediator for the cellular effects of vitamin D and additionally interacts with other cell-..
- Vitamin D pathway gene polymorphisms, diet, and risk of postmenopausal breast cancer: a nested case-control studyMarjorie L McCullough
Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, 1599 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R9. 2007b>Vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphisms have been inconsistently associated with breast cancer risk...
- Association of the polymorphisms of vitamin D receptor and aggrecan genes with degenerative disc diseaseBetul Eser
Department of Medical Genetic, Faculty of Meram Medicine, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 14:313-7. 2010The aim of this study was to investigate the association between the polymorphisms of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) and aggrecan genes and degenerative disc disease in young Turkish patients...
- Functional significance of vitamin D receptor FokI polymorphism in human breast cancer cellsFatouma Alimirah
Division of Cancer Biology, IIT Research Institute, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16024. 2011The FokI vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphism results in different translation initiation sites on VDR...
- Cloning and expression of full-length cDNA encoding human vitamin D receptorA R Baker
California Biotechnology Inc, Mountain View 94043
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85:3294-8. 1988Complementary DNA clones encoding the human vitamin D receptor have been isolated from human intestine and T47D cell cDNA libraries...
- Plasma 25-hydroxy vitamin D concentrations, vitamin D receptor genotype and breast cancer risk in a UK Caucasian populationLorraine C Lowe
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 ORE, UK
Eur J Cancer 41:1164-9. 2005Low levels of 25-hydroxy vitamin D (25(OH)D) and polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor gene (VDR) have been found separately to increase risk of breast cancer...
- Vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and breast cancer risk in a large population-based case-control study of Caucasian and African-American womenBritton Trabert
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Fairview Ave N, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Breast Cancer Res 9:R84. 2007The involvement of vitamin D receptor (VDR), which is a key mediator in the vitamin D pathway, in breast cancer etiology has long been of interest.
- Expression of CYP3A4, CYP2B6, and CYP2C9 is regulated by the vitamin D receptor pathway in primary human hepatocytesLionel Drocourt
INSERM U128, Institut Federatif de Recherche 24, CNRS, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier, Cedex 05, France
J Biol Chem 277:25125-32. 2002..assays and cotransfection in HepG2 cells using wild-type and mutated oligonucleotides revealed that the vitamin D receptor (VDR) binds and transactivates those xenobiotic-responsive elements (ER6, DR3, and DR4) previously ..
- Vitamin D receptor as an intestinal bile acid sensorMakoto Makishima
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9050, USA
Science 296:1313-6. 2002The vitamin D receptor (VDR) mediates the effects of the calcemic hormone 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 [1,25(OH)2D3]...
- Genetic variation in the human vitamin D receptor is associated with muscle strength, fat mass and body weight in Swedish womenElin Grundberg
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, SE 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 150:323-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to investigate the poly adenosine (A) repeat and the BsmI SNP in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) in relation to muscle strength and body composition in healthy women.
- Association of vitamin D receptor genetic variants with susceptibility to asthma and atopyAudrey H Poon
McGill Centre for the Study of Host Resistance, Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170:967-73. 2004..or significant linkages on 17 different chromosomes, including chromosome 12, region q13-23, housing the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene...
- Gender-specific association of vitamin D receptor polymorphism combinations with type 1 diabetes mellitusBalazs Gyorffy
First Department of Paediatrics, Semmelweis University, Bokay u 53, Budapest H 1083, Hungary
Eur J Endocrinol 147:803-8. 2002Recent data have indicated the significance of vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphisms in type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM). We have studied the association of five known restriction enzyme polymorphisms of the VDR gene in patients with T1DM.
- Association of polymorphisms of interleukin-6, osteocalcin, and vitamin D receptor genes, alone or in combination, with bone mineral density in community-dwelling Japanese women and menYoshiji Yamada
Department of Gene Therapy, Gifu International Institute of Biotechnology and Institute of Applied Biochemistry, Mitake, Gifu 505 0116, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3372-8. 2003We examined whether the -634C-->G, 298C-->T, and 2C-->T polymorphisms of the IL-6, osteocalcin, and vitamin D receptor (VDR) genes, respectively, were associated, alone or in combination, with bone mineral density (BMD) in ..
- Occupational and genetic risk factors associated with intervertebral disc diseaseIita M Virtanen
Collagen Research Unit, Biocenter and Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1129-34. 2007..Cross-sectional epidemiologic study...
- Association of gene polymorphisms with intervertebral disc degeneration and vertebral osteophyte formationYoshihito Sakai
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:1279-86. 2007..Cross-sectional cohort study of elderly people...
- Genetic factors are associated with modic changes in endplates of lumbar vertebral bodiesJaro Karppinen
Musculoskeletal Centre, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Oulu, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:1236-41. 2008..A cross-sectional genotype-phenotype evaluation...
- CDK11p58 represses vitamin D receptor-mediated transcriptional activation through promoting its ubiquitin-proteasome degradationYayun Chi
Gene Research Center, Shanghai Medical College and Institutes of Biomedical, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 386:493-8. 2009b>Vitamin D receptor (VDR) is a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily and regulates transcription of target genes. In this study, we identified CDK11(p58) as a novel protein involved in the regulation of VDR...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and HLA DRB1*04 cosegregation in Saudi type 2 diabetes patientsNasser M Al-Daghri
Biomarkers Research Program, Biochemistry Department, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
J Immunol 188:1325-32. 2012The vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene has been involved in the modulation of susceptibility to inflammatory and autoimmune conditions, and could play a role in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms, bone mineral density and fractures in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisWanda Horst-Sikorska
Department of Family Medicine, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Przybyszewskiego Street 49, 60 355 Poznan, Poland
Mol Biol Rep 40:383-90. 2013..the possibility of an association between polymorphisms and single alleles of BsmI, ApaI, TaqI of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene with bone mineral density (BMD) and prevalence of vertebral/non-vertebral fractures in a group of ..
- The role of vitamin D receptor in innate and adaptive immunity: a study in hereditary vitamin D-resistant rickets patientsDov Tiosano
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Meyer Children s Hospital, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:1685-93. 2013..Vitamin D has regulatory effects on innate and adaptive immunity. Curiously, hereditary vitamin D-resistant rickets (HVDRR) patients show no increased incidence of infectious or autoimmune diseases...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysisLei Li
Department of Gastroenterology, Shandong Provincial Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Arch Med Res 44:235-41. 2013A number of studies have shown that polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene are implicated in susceptibility to type 2 diabetes (T2D). However, the results are inconsistent and inconclusive.
- Vitamin D receptor polymorphism and colorectal cancer-specific and all-cause mortalityLaura Perna
German Cancer Research Center DKFZ Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research, Im Neuenheimer Feld, 581 69120 Heidelberg, Germany Electronic address
Cancer Epidemiol 37:905-7. 2013The vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene is present in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells and its genetic variants have been associated with an increased risk of CRC. The association with colorectal cancer prognosis remains widely unexplored.
- A unique mutation in the vitamin D receptor gene in three Japanese patients with vitamin D-dependent rickets type II: utility of single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis for heterozygous carrier detectionT Saijo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tokushima School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Hum Genet 49:668-73. 1991..1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, western, Southern, and northern analyses failed to disclose any abnormalities in vitamin D3 receptor protein and its gene...
- The human peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta gene is a primary target of 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 and its nuclear receptorThomas W Dunlop
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kuopio, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
J Mol Biol 349:248-60. 2005..5 to 3.2-fold after three hours stimulation with the natural vitamin D receptor (VDR) agonist, 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1alpha,25(OH)2D3)...
- Vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: results from the National Cancer Institute Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort ConsortiumJames D McKay
IARC, Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:297-305. 2009Vitamin D is hypothesized to lower the risk of breast cancer by inhibiting cell proliferation via the nuclear vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Fok1 polymorphism of vitamin D receptor gene contributes to breast cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysisChunbo Tang
Dental Research Institute, School of Stomatology, Nanjing Medical University, 136 Hanzhong Rd, Nanjing 210029, China
Breast Cancer Res Treat 117:391-9. 2009Several polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene have been reported to influence breast cancer risk. However, the published findings have been conflicting...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphism(s) and breast cancer risk in north IndiansAnurupa Chakraborty
Institute of Pathology, Safdarjang Hospital Campus, New Delhi 110029, India
Cancer Detect Prev 32:386-94. 2009..The actions of Vitamin D are mediated via the Vitamin D receptor (VDR), and the polymorphisms at 3'UTR region of this gene are associated with the risk and progression of ..
- A ChIP-seq defined genome-wide map of vitamin D receptor binding: associations with disease and evolutionSreeram V Ramagopalan
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Headington, Oxford OX3 7BN, United Kingdom
Genome Res 20:1352-60. 2010..However, the mode of action of vitamin D, through its cognate nuclear vitamin D receptor (VDR), and its contribution to diverse disorders, remain poorly understood...
- Alterations in Vitamin D signalling and metabolic pathways in breast cancer progression: a study of VDR, CYP27B1 and CYP24A1 expression in benign and malignant breast lesionsNair Lopes
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto 4200 465, Portugal
BMC Cancer 10:483. 2010..It acts mostly through the Vitamin D receptor (VDR) and the synthesis and degradation of this hormone are regulated by the enzymes CYP27B1 and CYP24A1, ..
- Vitamin D receptor gene haplotypes and polymorphisms and risk of breast cancer: a nested case-control studyLawrence S Engel
Department of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1856-67. 2012..Most known effects of vitamin D are mediated via the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Polymorphisms in vitamin D metabolism related genes and risk of multiple sclerosisK Claire Simon
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mult Scler 16:133-8. 2010..05 for all). The authors did observe an interaction (p = 0.04) between dietary intake of vitamin D and the vitamin D receptor FokI polymorphism on MS risk...
- The vitamin D receptor gene is associated with Alzheimer's diseaseDonald J Lehmann
Oxford Project to Investigate Memory and Ageing OPTIMA, University Department of Pharmacology, Oxford OX1 3QT, UK
Neurosci Lett 504:79-82. 2011..The vitamin D receptor (VDR) is widely expressed in human brain...
- [Association of vitamin D receptor gene polymorphism with type 1 diabetes mellitus in two Spanish populations]Gertrudis Martí
Unidad de Investigación en Endocrinología y Nutrición Pediátricas, Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 123:286-90. 2004In order to assess whether vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms are involved in the genetic regulation of type 1 diabetes susceptibility, a case-control study was conducted in two Spanish populations with different genetic backgrounds.
- Epstein-Barr virus encoded EBNA-3 binds to vitamin D receptor and blocks activation of its target genesSurya Pavan Yenamandra
Department of Microbiology, Tumor, and Cell Biology MTC, Karolinska Institute, 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:4249-56. 2010..In this work, we have identified the vitamin D receptor (VDR) protein as a binding partner of EBNA-3...
- The vitamin D receptor gene variant is associated with the prevalence of type 2 diabetes mellitus and coronary artery diseaseJ R Ortlepp
Medical Clinic I, University Hospital of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Diabet Med 18:842-5. 2001Vitamin D can influence lipolysis and insulin secretion. A common genetic polymorphism of the vitamin D receptor, which has been found to be associated with bone mineral density, has also been reported to be associated with insulin-..
- Vitamin D receptor gene BsmI polymorphisms in Thai patients with systemic lupus erythematosusWilaiporn Sakulpipatsin
Division of Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Rama 6 Road, Bangkok10400, Thailand
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R48. 2006The immunomodulatory role of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 is well known. An association between vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene BsmI polymorphisms and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) has been reported...
- Staphylococcus aureus nasal carriage might be associated with vitamin D receptor polymorphisms in type 1 diabetesCharalambos Panierakis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Crete, POB 2208, Heraklion 71003, Greece
Int J Infect Dis 13:e437-43. 2009Polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene have been associated with susceptibility to several diseases, including type 1 diabetes (T1D) and infections...
- Lack of association of vitamin D receptor gene BsmI polymorphisms in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusMahnaz Abbasi
Qazvin Metabolic Disease Research Center, Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, Qazvin, Iran
Rheumatol Int 30:1537-9. 2010Several data link vitamin D to many autoimmune diseases. Association between vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene BsmI polymorphisms and systemic lupus erythematosus has been reported...
- BsmI, TaqI, ApaI and FokI polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene and risk of fracture in Caucasians: a meta-analysisGuang Rong Ji
Department of Orthopedic, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150086, Heilongjiang Province, China
Bone 47:681-6. 2010b>Vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms have been strongly associated with bone mineral density in some studies...
- Vitamin D receptor gene methylation is associated with ethnicity, tuberculosis, and TaqI polymorphismCharlene Andraos
Department of Biochemistry, University of Johannesburg, Auckland Park, South Africa
Hum Immunol 72:262-8. 2011The Vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene encodes a transcription factor which, on activation by vitamin D, modulates diverse biologic processes, including calcium homeostasis and immune function...
- Associations of vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms FokI and BsmI with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis and Behçet's disease in TunisiansEmna Fakhfakh Karray
School of Medicine, Tunis el Manar University, Homeostasis and Cell Dysfunction Unit Research 99 UR 08 40, Tunis, Tunisia
Joint Bone Spine 79:144-8. 2012..of vitamin D suggest a need for examining allele and genotype frequencies of the vitamin D nuclear receptor gene (VDR) in patients with autoimmune diseases...
- 25-hydroxyvitamin D, vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms, and severity of Parkinson's diseaseMasahiko Suzuki
Department of Neurology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Mov Disord 27:264-71. 2012We aimed to examine associations among serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels, 1,25-dihyroxyvitamin D levels, vitamin D receptor polymorphisms, vitamin D binding protein gene polymorphisms, and the severity of Parkinson's disease...
- Vitamin D receptor ApaI, TaqI, BsmI, and FokI polymorphisms and psoriasis susceptibility: a meta-analysisYoung Ho Lee
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Mol Biol Rep 39:6471-8. 2012The aim of this study was to explore whether vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphisms confer susceptibility to psoriasis...
- Polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor gene and type 1 diabetes mellitus risk: an update by meta-analysisJie Zhang
Key Laboratory of Laboratory Medicine, Ministry of Education, Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Medical Genetics, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325035, China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 355:135-42. 2012Four well known polymorphisms (BsmI, FokI, ApaI, TaqI) in the VDR gene have been implicated in susceptibility to type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM), but the results to date have been inconclusive...
- Vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and risk of colorectal adenomas (United States)S A Ingles
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, USA
Cancer Causes Control 12:607-14. 2001The purpose of this study was to determine whether vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms influence risk of colorectal adenoma.
- Vitamin D receptor start codon polymorphism and colorectal cancer risk: effect modification by dietary calcium and fat in Singapore ChineseHui Lee Wong
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:1091-5. 2003..We hypothesized that a functional start codon polymorphism in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) influences the risk of colorectal carcinoma...
- VDR gene variants associate with cognitive function and depressive symptoms in old ageMaris Kuningas
Department of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 30:466-73. 2009..Our objective was to test whether genetic variance in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene is associated with cognitive functioning and depressive symptoms in old age...
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms and the risk of colorectal cancer in a Chinese populationCui Li
Department of Forensic Biology, West China School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, 610041, Chengdu, Sichuan, Peoples Republic of China
Dig Dis Sci 54:634-9. 2009The purpose was to investigate single nucleotide polymorphism of the vitamin D receptor gene and its possible relationship with colorectal cancer (CRC) in a Chinese population.
- Modification of the inverse association between dietary vitamin D intake and colorectal cancer risk by a FokI variant supports a chemoprotective action of Vitamin D intake mediated through VDR bindingEvropi Theodoratou
Public Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Teviot Place, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 123:2170-9. 2008..mechanisms of action for vitamin D have been proposed, with some of them initiating via its binding to the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Mammary epithelial cell transformation is associated with deregulation of the vitamin D pathwayCarly M Kemmis
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
J Cell Biochem 105:980-8. 2008..The vitamin D metabolite 1alpha,25(OH)2D3 mediates growth inhibitory signaling via activation of the vitamin D receptor (VDR), a ligand dependent transcription factor...
- Genetic analysis of the vitamin D receptor gene in two epithelial cancers: melanoma and breast cancer case-control studiesEva Barroso
Human Genetics Group, Human Cancer Genetics Program, Spanish National Cancer Research Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain
BMC Cancer 8:385. 2008..b>Vitamin D receptor (VDR) genotypes may influence cancer risk; however, no epidemiological studies in sporadic breast cancer (BC)..
- Vitamin D receptor (FokI, BsmI and TaqI) gene polymorphisms and type 2 diabetes mellitus: a North Indian studyHemant Kumar Bid
Endocrinology Division, CDRI, Lucknow, India
Indian J Med Sci 63:187-94. 2009The vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene is a candidate gene for susceptibility to several diseases. Studies on association between VDR polymorphisms and risk of type 2 diabetes (T2DM) in different ethnic populations are yet inconclusive.
- Vitamin D receptor ligands, adenomatous polyposis coli, and the vitamin D receptor FokI polymorphism collectively modulate beta-catenin activity in colon cancer cellsJan B Egan
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Mol Carcinog 49:337-52. 2010The activity of beta-catenin, commonly dysregulated in human colon cancers, is inhibited by the vitamin D receptor (VDR), and this mechanism is postulated to explain the putative anti-cancer activity of vitamin D metabolites in the colon...
- Genetic polymorphisms in vitamin D receptor VDR/RXRA influence the likelihood of colon adenoma recurrenceJan B Egan
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona and Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724 5024, USA
Cancer Res 70:1496-504. 2010..The biological actions of the hormonal form of vitamin D, 1,25(OH)(2)D(3), are mediated by the vitamin D receptor (VDR), which heterodimerizes with retinoid X receptors (RXR)...
- Haplotype analysis of VDR gene polymorphisms: a meta-analysisAmmarin Thakkinstian
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Rama 6 Rd, 10400, Bangkok, Thailand
Osteoporos Int 15:729-34. 2004Although many studies have addressed the relationship between multiple individual polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene and bone health, few have analyzed this data in terms of haplotypes...
- Past environmental sun exposure and risk of multiple sclerosis: a role for the Cdx-2 Vitamin D receptor variant in this interactionJ L Dickinson
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Mult Scler 15:563-70. 2009..Herein, we examine whether the vitamin D receptor (VDR), an integral component of this pathway, influences MS risk in a population-based sample where winter ..
- Vitamin D, vitamin D receptor, and macroautophagy in inflammation and infectionShaoping Wu
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Discov Med 11:325-35. 2011..b>Vitamin D receptor (VDR) is a nuclear receptor that mediates most biological functions of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) or vitamin D(3), the ..
- Targeted expression of human vitamin D receptor in adipocytes decreases energy expenditure and induces obesity in miceKari E Wong
Committee on Molecular Metabolism and Nutrition, Division of Biological Sciences, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 286:33804-10. 2011Our previous studies demonstrated a high fat diet-resistant lean phenotype of vitamin D receptor (VDR)-null mutant mice mainly due to increased energy expenditure, suggesting an involvement of the VDR in energy metabolism...
- Vitamin D receptor polymorphisms (FokI, BsmI) and breast cancer risk: association replication in two case-control studies within French Canadian populationMarc Sinotte
Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, 1050 Chemin Sainte Foy, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1S 4L8
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:975-83. 2008Vitamin D has been associated with reduced breast cancer risk. We studied the association of two vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene single nucleotide polymorphisms restriction enzyme detecting SNP of VDR (FokI and BsmI) with breast cancer risk ..
- The transcriptional coactivator DRIP/mediator complex is involved in vitamin D receptor function and regulates keratinocyte proliferation and differentiationYuko Oda
Department of Medicine and Endocrinology, University of California, San Francisco and Veterans Affairs Medical Center San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Invest Dermatol 130:2377-88. 2010..We investigated the role of the mediator complex as a coactivator for vitamin D receptor (VDR) in keratinocytes...
- Polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor gene are associated with muscle strength in men and womenA Windelinckx
Research Center for Exercise and Health, Department of Biomedical Kinesiology, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3001, Leuven, Belgium
Osteoporos Int 18:1235-42. 2007b>Vitamin D receptor (VDR) polymorphisms have been associated with fracture risk and muscle strength, although evidence for the latter is limited and conflicting.
- In vivo binding to and functional repression of the VDR gene promoter by SLUG in human breast cellsMukul K Mittal
Department of Microbial Pathogenesis and Immune Response, Meharry Medical College, 1005 D B Todd Jr Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:30-4. 2008The regulation of vitamin D receptor (VDR), a key mediator in the vitamin D pathway, in breast cancer etiology has long been of interest...
- Vitamin D receptor genetic polymorphisms and tuberculosis: updated systematic review and meta-analysisL Gao
Institute of Pathogen Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 14:15-23. 2010..The vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene has been studied as a candidate locus due to genetic polymorphisms that affects the activity of ..
- Haplotype analysis of common vitamin D receptor variants and colon and rectal cancersCarol Sweeney
Health Research Center, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, 84108, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:744-9. 2006Inherited variants of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene may influence cancer risk by altering the effect of vitamin D on cell growth and homeostasis...
- Vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms and haplotypes, interactions with plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D, and prostate cancer riskBahar Mikhak
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Prostate 67:911-23. 2007The vitamin D receptor (VDR) is required for actions of vitamin D. The binding of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D to the VDR on prostatic epithelial cells prompts the regulation of cancer-related genes.
- Fok-I vitamin D receptor gene polymorphism (rs10735810) and vitamin D metabolism in multiple sclerosisJoost Smolders
School for Mental Health and Neuroscience, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Neuroimmunol 207:117-21. 2009..Several genetic polymorphisms of the vitamin D receptor gene (VDRG), of whom Fok-I (rs10735810) has functional consequences for receptor protein structure and the ..
- Minireview: vitamin D receptor: new assignments for an already busy receptorAnthony W Norman
Department of Biochemistry and Biomedical Sciences, University of California, Riverside, California 92506, USA
Endocrinology 147:5542-8. 2006..The discovery in 1969 of the nuclear vitamin D receptor (VDR) for 1alpha,25(OH)2D3 initiated a two-decade-long proliferation of reports that collectively described ..
- Vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms are associated with breast cancer risk in a UK Caucasian populationD Bretherton-Watt
Department of Oncology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, St George s Hospital Medical School, London
Br J Cancer 85:171-5. 2001..The actions of vitamin D are mediated via the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Two single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the human vitamin D receptor promoter change protein-DNA complex formation and are associated with height and vitamin D status in adolescent girlsArnold d'Alésio
INSERM U561, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 14:3539-48. 2005..studies have dealt with single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in coding and intronic regions of the human vitamin D receptor (hVDR) gene...
- The effects of 1,25(OH)2D3 on the tumorigenesis of lung squamous cell carcinomaSARAH ANNE MAZZILLI; Fiscal Year: 2012..bronchial cell lines to examine the molecular effect of calcitriol through the examination of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) and genes that it regulated both directly and indirectly...
- New drug VS-110 for treating inflammatory bowel diseasesJinshyun Ruth Wu-Wong; Fiscal Year: 2013..New agents are needed to treat UC and CD and prevent relapse. Vitamin D receptor (VDR), once activated by its endogenous hormone calcitriol (1,25(OH) 2D3), modulates signaling pathways in ..
- Vitamin D in Prostate Cancer: Tumor Vasculature EffectsCandace S Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2012..MDEC are unresponsive to calcitriol-mediated anti-proliferative effects despite intact signaling through the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- VITAMIN D RECEPTOR AND REGULATION OF HORMONE RESPONSEDavid Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2010This revised competitive renewal continues our research into the role of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) in regulating the response to the active hormone, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (calcitriol)...
- John M Brehm; Fiscal Year: 2015..We hypothesize that Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) binding is cell specific and influences gene expression in pathways that are relevant to asthma (such ..
- Diet by Gene Interactions Affecting Calcium and Bone MetabolismJames C Fleet; Fiscal Year: 2010..mouse models to test whether the less active "f" allele of the FokI start codon polymorphism in the human (vitamin D receptor) VDR gene make these mice more sensitive to the negative impact of dietary calcium depletion on bone...
- Vitamin D Receptor-Cofactor Interactions as Targets for Novel Drug DiscoveryJohn Norris; Fiscal Year: 2009..The active metabolite of vitamin D, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, mediates its effects through the vitamin D receptor (VDR), a member of the nuclear receptor (NR) superfamily of ligand-regulated transcription factors...
- Bandana Chatterjee; Fiscal Year: 2016..designed this project to identify regulatory factors which, through cross-talk with androgen receptor (AR), vitamin D3 receptor (VDR) and E2F1, are integrally linked to the anti-proliferation action of D3...
- Novel Risk Factors For HypertensionJohn P Forman; Fiscal Year: 2010..the relation between folate and vitamin B12 and the risk of incident HTN, and that polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) will modify the association between vitamin D levels and HTN...
- Peter W Jurutka; Fiscal Year: 2014..of 1,25(OH)2D at the cellular level are not known, and the functional effects of genetic variation in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) or in primary enzymes responsible for metabolism of 1,25(OH)2Dat the tissue level are poorly ..
- Maternal-fetal vitamin D status and child adiposity, insulin resistance and BPSusanna Y Huh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The vitamin D receptor and the enzyme 25-OH vitamin D-11-hydroxylase, which converts vitamin D to its active form, are expressed by ..
- Carlos Bernal-Mizrachi; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our preliminary data indicates that vitamin D receptor signaling modulates adhesion, migration, and foam cell formation in macrophages and appears to decrease ..
- Vitamin D3 Regulation of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Gonadal AxisGenevieve S Neal-Perry; Fiscal Year: 2012..converting 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 to the most active form of vitamin D3, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3) and the vitamin D receptor (VDR), a nuclear hormone receptor super-family member, are distributed throughout many organ systems and ..
- Vitamin D: a link to racial disparities in birth outcomesLisa M Bodnar; Fiscal Year: 2012..CYP27A1), 1a-hydroxylase (CYP27B1), vitamin D binding protein (GC), 24- hydroxylase (CYP24A1), vitamin D receptor (VDR), and retinoic acid receptor alpha (RARA)...
- Functional Vitamin D Receptor Gene Variants and Racial/Ethnic Cancer DisparitiesRobin Taylor Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The actions of vitamin D are mediated through the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...
- Sanjay M Mallya; Fiscal Year: 2014..We recently discovered that cyclin D1 binds to the vitamin D receptor (VDR) and modulates vitamin D signaling...
- Mechanisms of Hypovitaminosis D Pain: Role of Nociceptor Sprouting.SARAH ELIZABETH TAGUE; Fiscal Year: 2010..be used to calculate the percentage of marker and projection target-specific subpopulations that express vitamin D receptor (VDR) and 1 alpha-hydroxylase...
- Maternal Vitamin D Status and Preterm BirthLisa M Bodnar; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the intractable racial disparities in preterm birth 2 by focusing on maternal vitamin D status and vitamin D receptor (VDR) genetic variation...
- Vitamin D Status in Pulmonary FibrosisAllan Ramirez; Fiscal Year: 2010..D metabolites in IPF and control subjects ii) determine lung-specific expression and activation state of the Vitamin D receptor, and iii) characterize the expression and distribution of the Vitamin D 25-, 11-, and 24- hydroxylases in ..
- Breast Adipose Participates to Bioactivate Vitamin D and Inhibit Breast CancerGlendon M Zinser; Fiscal Year: 2010..D3 [25(OH)D3] to the active metabolite, 11,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 [1,25(OH)2D3], and induces adipocyte Vitamin D3 Receptor (VDR) signaling along with paracrine secretion of 1,25(OH)2D3 to surrounding mammary epithelial cells to ..
- Vitamin D induction of antibacterial activity in gingival cellsGill Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2009..Published data has demonstrated an association between polymorphisms of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene and early-onset periodontitis...
- Sebastiano Gattoni-Celli; Fiscal Year: 2016..will be processed to assess by immunohistochemical techniques the expression of the following biomarkers: vitamin D receptor (VDR), p21, tumor growth factor beta (TGFbeta), cyclooxygenase 2 (COX- 2), and NFkappaB...
- Anastassios G Pittas; Fiscal Year: 2015..A secondary hypothesis is that the effect of vitamin D is modified by specific Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) polymorphisms...
- Vitamin D and Estrogen Action in Bone: Concerted Role for hnRNPs in the C FamilyJohn S Adams; Fiscal Year: 2013..and estrogen response element binding (ERE-BP) for their ability to compete in trans with the liganded vitamin D receptor (VDR) and estrogen receptor 1 (ER1) for their cognate response elements, identifying them as nucleic acid ..
- Bioassay for Breast Cancer PreventionJoEllen Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2010..lab has extensively studied the effects of vitamin D on breast cancer cells with the idea of targeting the vitamin D receptor (VDR) for cancer therapy...
- Dynamic Mechanisms of Vitamin D-Induced Gene ExpressionJ Wesley Pike; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aim 1: To identify the 1,25(OH)2D3-independent and -dependent vitamin D receptor (VDR) cistromes and their properties in osteoblast precursors and to assess the changes that occur to these ..
- Yan Chun Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..Moreover, the tumor-promoting secondary BA lithocholic acid (LCA) can also activate the vitamin D receptor (VDR), and LCA-VDR signals, like VD-VDR signals, also promote secondary BA catabolism by inducing Cyp3A, ..
- Dennis H Oh; Fiscal Year: 2014..of this research proposal is that, following doses of UV exposure associated with vitamin D photosynthesis, vitamin D receptor (VDR) independent of canonical vitamin D signaling is upregulated to mediate cellular responses that limit ..
- Vitamin D and the Immune SystemLawrence Steinman; Fiscal Year: 2012..Genome-wide analysis of NFAT, Runx1 and vitamin D receptor (VDR) binding sites in CD4+T cell DNA isolated from EAE mice treated with vehicle or 1,25(OH)2D3 using ChIP-..
- Orthopaedic Wear Debris, Vitamin D, and Innate ImmunityJohn S Adams; Fiscal Year: 2010..g. the vitamin D-hydroxylases and vitamin D receptor [VDR]), 2] TLR expression and 3] cytokine responses to particle stimulation...
- DANIEL DAVID BIKLE; Fiscal Year: 2014..Vitamin D signaling is necessary for a normal innate immune response in the epidermis. Mice lacking the vitamin D receptor (VDR) or lacking the enzyme (CYP27B1) critical for producing the key ligand for VDR, 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin ..
- Ligand independent signaling by VDR in KeratinocytesPaul N MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, 1,25(OH)2D3 and its cognate receptor, the vitamin D receptor (VDR), also have critical roles in the skin and in keratinocyte biology...
- Guy Howard; Fiscal Year: 2015..transcription factors, plays a major role in the cooperative actions of HGF and 1,25OHD to up-regulate the vitamin D receptor (VDR) and promote MSC differentiation...
- Madhavi P Kadakia; Fiscal Year: 2016..VD3 exerts its effects upon binding to the vitamin D receptor, VDR...
- The role of Vitamin D metabolism in Non-Small Cell Lung CancerNithya Ramnath; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will determine the relationship between Vitamin D receptor (VDR)/CYP24A1 gene expression and median survival (primary outcome)...
- GARSON DAVID ROODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2014..a widely expressed, conventional transcription factor complex component, but when overexpressed it binds at vitamin D receptor (VDR)- responsive promoters and functions as a novel VDR co-activator...
- Characterizing interactions of the VDR and the canonical Wnt signatling pathwayHilary F Luderer; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Vitamin D receptor (VDR) is a nuclear receptor important for regulating calcium absorption. Humans with mutations in the VDR develop Hereditary Vitamin D Resistant Rickets...
- TIMOTHY YEN; Fiscal Year: 2014..We identified a small collection of genes that include the vitamin D receptor (VDR) and various associated interacting and downstream genes...
- Vitamin D and Prostate Cancer: Biomarkers and Genetic VariationMarian L Neuhouser; Fiscal Year: 2012..Previous studies mainly focused on a few polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor (VDR), a critical mediator of vitamin D effects;however, recent resequencing data showed that 25 tagging ..
- Vitamin D Receptor Coactivators in OsteoblastsPaul N MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2010..It functions via the vitamin D receptor (VDR) to impact bone by increasing intestinal calcium absorption and by directly affecting osteoblast/..
- J Wesley Pike; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The vitamin D receptor (VDR) is a transcription factor that mediates the actions of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25(OH)2D3) in the nucleus of target cells...
- Pravin C Singhal; Fiscal Year: 2016..Since Snail has been demonstrated to repress transcription of vitamin D receptor (VDR) and nephrin (a podocyte slit diaphragm protein), it carries a potential to alter renal cell phenotype...
- 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D and vitamin D Receptor Function in the Zebrafish SkeletonRajiv Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2011..elucidate the functions of 1a, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1a,25(OH)2D3) and its receptor, the 1a,25(OH)2D3 receptor (VDR), in tissues in which it does not have a role in trans-epithelial calcium (Ca) and phosphate (Pi) transport ("non-..
- Vitamin D Status, Vitamin D Receptor Gene Variants, and Hypertension RiskLu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2011..Genetic epidemiologic studies to date have only tested a few polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene, among many genes in the vitamin D pathway, for association with blood pressure (BP) or ..
- Margherita T Cantorna; Fiscal Year: 2014..iNKT cells require adequate vitamin D in utero and the expression of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) for both development and function...
- Paul N MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The vitamin D receptor (VDR), its requisite hormonal ligand, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25(OH)2D3), as well as a host of nuclear receptor coactivators and corepressors coordinately control the ..
- RICHARD JAMES REYNOLDS; Fiscal Year: 2015..We will perform genotyping of 3 relevant vitamin D receptor gene (VDR) SNPs and measure serum 25(OH)-vitamin D levels on all 1,600 cases and controls...
- Marie Demay; Fiscal Year: 2015..proposal are focused on identifying the molecular basis for the ligand dependent and independent actions of the VDR, using the skin as a model system. Like humans with VDR mutations, VDR null mice develop alopecia...
- Mitchell A Watsky; Fiscal Year: 2015..This may be of concern following corneal injury given that our preliminary data showing that lack of the vitamin D receptor leads to delayed wound healing...
- Lu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Genetic epidemiologic studies to date have only tested a few polymorphisms in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene, among many genes in the vitamin D pathway, for association with blood pressure (BP) or ..
- Margherita T Cantorna; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our preliminary data show that the increased susceptibility of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) KO mice to experimental IBD is a result of altered T cell homing that results in few mucosal CD8aa ..
- Vitamin D, Related Genes and Breast Cancer RiskAnne Zeleniuch-Jacquotte; Fiscal Year: 2013..the active metabolite of vitamin D, are present in both normal and cancer breast cells, as is the vitamin D receptor, a key mediator in the vitamin D pathway...
- Pamela L Lutsey; Fiscal Year: 2014..In exploratory analyses, we will also assess the relation of vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene polymorphisms to CVD risk, and evaluate whether relations of 25(OH)D to CVD are modified by VDR ..
- DANIEL DAVID BIKLE; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The transcriptional activity of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) is regulated by a number of coactivator and corepressor complexes, which bind to the VDR in a ligand (1,25(OH)2D3) dependent (coactivators) ..
- Anna Di Rienzo; Fiscal Year: 2015..Vitamin D acts by binding to the vitamin D receptor (VDR), which allows the VDR to heterodimerize with the retinoic X receptor (RXR) and to act as a ..
- Role of PKA in autoimmune diabetes through dendritic cells (DC) and regulatory THua Gu; Fiscal Year: 2010..and produce high levels of IL-2 and IL-10;and 3) NF-kB is constitutively activated and expression of vitamin D receptor (VDR) significantly up-regualted in PKAhi-DCs...
- Animal model of Gardner's syndrome, a life threatening form of familial cancerYong Sik Bong; Fiscal Year: 2013..by applicant): In this proposal I build on some very exciting preliminary data regarding a role for the vitamin D receptor (VDR) in Gardner's syndrome, a derivative of familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)...
- Yoshikazu Uchida; Fiscal Year: 2016..We recently demonstrated that S1P stimulates CAMP expression not only through the well-characterized vitamin D receptor (VDR)-dependent mechanism, but also by a NF-?B-C/EBP[unreadable]-dependent pathway that is independent of ..
- Adenoisen-PKA signaling axis in Treg development and homeostasisHua Gu; Fiscal Year: 2011..3) Our microarray and biochemical studies reveal that expression of several genes such as expression of vitamin D receptor (VDR) is significantly up-regulated in PKAhi-DCs...
- Solar Exposure and Melanoma SurvivalMarianne Berwick; Fiscal Year: 2009..If these defenses are not fully functional, however, mutations will cumulate. The vitamin D receptor is stimulated by frequent UV exposure and it is anti-apoptotic and anti-proliferative...
- Vitamin D & Calcium Regulation Biomarkers in Colon Cancer Risk ReductionRoberd Bostick; Fiscal Year: 2007..The active form of vitamin D, 1,25(OH)2D, is the natural ligand for the vitamin D receptor (VDR), which regulates expression of numerous genes involved in cell cycle control...
- CHARACTERIZATION OF VITAMIN D3 RECEPTOR BINDING TO DNAMARILEE PARSONS; Fiscal Year: 1992..The vitamin D3 receptor (VDR), a member of the steroid hormone receptor family which binds 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, is implicated ..
- Vitamin D Hormone Signaling in Bone Mineral HomeostasisMark R Haussler; Fiscal Year: 2010..is that 1,25(OH)2D3 exerts its actions to support the mineralized skeleton via liganding of the nuclear vitamin D receptor (VDR), which in turn recruits its retinoid X receptor (RXR)heterodimeric partner to recognize vitamin D ..
- VITAMIN D RECEPTOR GENE POLYMORPHISM AND BREAST CANCEREsther John; Fiscal Year: 2001..molecular research by one of the investigations of this applications suggests that polymorphisms of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene are related to the breast cancer risk...
- VDR POLYMORPHISM, SUNLIGHT EXPOSURE AND COLON CANCERPolly Newcomb; Fiscal Year: 2001..In vitro studies have shown that vitamin D, mediated by the vitamin D receptor (VDR) plays an important role in the proliferation and differentiation of colorectal cancer cells...
- Vitamin D: A Negative Regulator of Renin ExpressionYan Chun Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..We demonstrated that the renin up-regulation is independent of the hypocalcemia associated with vitamin D receptor (VDR) ablation in VDR knockout (VDRKO) mice, but whether the secondary hyperparathyroidism associated with ..
- BIO-ACTIVATION OF VITAMIN D IN MAMMARY GLANDJoEllen Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2004..active form of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25(OH)2D3), the ligand for the vitamin D receptor (VDR)...