Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VCAM-1
Description: vascular cell adhesion molecule 1
Alias: CD106, INCAM-100, vascular cell adhesion protein 1, CD106 antigen
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) activation of endothelial cell matrix metalloproteinases: role of reactive oxygen speciesTracy L Deem
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, PO Box 670529, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Blood 104:2385-93. 2004..In summary, this is the first report of a mechanism for ROS function in VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell MMPs during VCAM-1-dependent lymphocyte migration...
- Breaking down the barrier: the effects of HIV-1 on the blood-brain barrierMarianne Strazza
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Center for Molecular Virology and Translational Neuroscience, Institute for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Disease, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Brain Res 1399:96-115. 2011....
- Selective inhibition of cotranslational translocation of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1Jürgen Besemer
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Brunner Strasse 59, A 1235 Vienna, Austria
Nature 436:290-3. 2005..In addition, they highlight cotranslational translocation at the ER membrane as a potential target for drug discovery...
- TNFR1-induced NF-kappaB, but not ERK, p38MAPK or JNK activation, mediates TNF-induced ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression on endothelial cellsZhigang Zhou
School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
Cell Signal 19:1238-48. 2007....
- Molecular pathways: VCAM-1 as a potential therapeutic target in metastasisQing Chen
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:5520-5. 2012..S. Food and Drug Administration approval or are undergoing clinical trials. Testing these drugs against tumor-stromal leukocyte interactions may provide a new strategy to suppress lung and bone relapse of breast cancer...
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF)-enhanced vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression promotes macrophage and glioblastoma cell interaction and tumor cell invasionYanhua Zheng
From the Brain Tumor Center and Department of Neuro Oncology
J Biol Chem 288:31488-95. 2013....
- Docosahexaenoic acid attenuates VCAM-1 expression and NF-κB activation in TNF-α-treated human aortic endothelial cellsTzu Ming Wang
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
J Nutr Biochem 22:187-94. 2011..This study provides evidence that DHA may contribute to the prevention of atherosclerosis and inflammatory diseases in vivo...
- HIV-1 Tat protein upregulates inflammatory mediators and induces monocyte invasion into the brainHong Pu
Department of Surgery Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 24:224-37. 2003..These data demonstrate that intracerebral administration of Tat can induce profound proinflammatory effects in the brain, leading to monocyte infiltration...
- The role of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 in tumor immune evasionT C Wu
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 67:6003-6. 2007..Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) was identified as one tumor type where VCAM-1 is commonly highly overexpressed. Together, our findings suggest that RCCs might exploit VCAM-1 overexpression for immune escape...
- Soluble cell adhesion molecules (sICAM-1, sVCAM-1, and sE-selectin) in patients with early rheumatoid arthritisP A Klimiuk
Department of Rheumatology and Internal Diseases, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Scand J Rheumatol 36:345-50. 2007..The aim of the study was to analyse serum concentrations of soluble cell adhesion molecules (CAMs) in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (RA) before and after 6 months of treatment with methotrexate (MTX)...
- The carbon monoxide releasing molecule (CORM-3) inhibits expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and E-selectin independently of haem oxygenase-1 expressionH Song
Vth Medical Department, University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 157:769-80. 2009....
- Glutathione peroxidase-1 modulates lipopolysaccharide-induced adhesion molecule expression in endothelial cells by altering CD14 expressionEdith Lubos
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 77 Ave Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
FASEB J 24:2525-32. 2010..Taken together, these data suggest that GPx-1 modulates the endothelial cell response to LPS, in part, by altering CD14-mediated effects...
- Blood-brain barrier abnormalities caused by HIV-1 gp120: mechanistic and therapeutic implicationsJean Pierre Louboutin
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street Room 255 Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:482575. 2012....
- Sphingosine kinase 1 promotes tumor progression and confers malignancy phenotypes of colon cancer by regulating the focal adhesion kinase pathway and adhesion moleculesShi Quan Liu
Department of Gastroenterology, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi Autonomous Region 530021, P R China
Int J Oncol 42:617-26. 2013..FAK pathway, ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 may play critical roles in this SphK1‑mediated effect...
- Adiponectin and leptin induce VCAM-1 expression in human and murine chondrocytesJavier Conde
NEIRID Lab NeuroEndocrine Interaction in Rheumatology and Inflammatory Diseases, SERGAS, Santiago University Clinical Hospital, Institute of Medical Research IDIS, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e52533. 2012..There are several factors involved in the pathogenesis of these diseases including pro-inflammatory cytokines, adipokines and adhesion molecules...
- Thrombin stimulation of vascular adhesion molecule-1 in endothelial cells is mediated by protein kinase C (PKC)-delta-NF-kappa B and PKC-zeta-GATA signaling pathwaysTakashi Minami
Department of Molecular Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 278:6976-84. 2003..Taken together, these data suggest that the endothelial cell-specific effect of thrombin on VCAM-1 expression involves the coordinate activity of PKC-delta-NF-kappaB and PKC-zeta-GATA signaling pathways...
- Extracellular HIV-1 Tat enhances monocyte adhesion by up-regulation of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 gene expression via ROS-dependent NF-kappaB activation in astrocytesHa Yong Song
Department of Biomedical Science, Hallym University, Chuncheon 200 702, Korea
Exp Mol Med 39:27-37. 2007..These data indicate that HIV-1 Tat can modulate monocyte adhesiveness by increasing expression of adhesion molecules such as ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 via ROS- and NF-kappaB-dependent mechanisms in astrocytes...
- Homocysteine induces VCAM-1 gene expression through NF-kappaB and NAD(P)H oxidase activation: protective role of Mediterranean diet polyphenolic antioxidantsMaria Annunziata Carluccio
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerca Institute of Clinical Physiology, University of Lecce, Lecce, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2344-54. 2007..Natural Mediterranean diet antioxidants can inhibit such activation, suggesting their possible therapeutic role in Hcy-induced vascular damage...
- A long-acting glucagon-like peptide-1 analogue attenuates induction of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 and vascular adhesion moleculesHongbin Liu
Australian Centre for Blood Diseases, Monash University, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria
J Endocrinol 201:59-66. 2009..These effects suggest that liraglutide may potentially improve the endothelial cell dysfunction associated with premature atherosclerosis identified in type 2 diabetic patients...
- Upregulation of PTEN by CKD712, a synthetic tetrahydroisoquinoline alkaloid, selectively inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced VCAM-1 but not ICAM-1 expression in human endothelial cellsKonstantin Tsoyi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 207:412-9. 2009....
- Activated integrin VLA-4 localizes to the lamellipodia and mediates T cell migration on VCAM-1Young Min Hyun
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 183:359-69. 2009..These data suggest that a subpopulation of activated VLA-4 is mainly localized to the leading edge of polarized human T cells and is critical for T cell migration on VCAM-1...
- TLR4-dependent induction of vascular adhesion molecule-1 in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts: Roles of cytosolic phospholipase A(2)alpha/cyclooxygenase-2Cheng Ying Wu
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 223:480-91. 2010..Collectively, these results suggest that LPS-induced VCAM-1 expression and adhesion of THP-1 cells are mediated through the TLR4/ERK/cPLA(2)alpha phosphorylation and COX-2 expression/PGE(2) synthesis in RASFs...
- Macrophage binding to receptor VCAM-1 transmits survival signals in breast cancer cells that invade the lungsQing Chen
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cancer Cell 20:538-49. 2011..Thus, newly disseminated cancer cells expressing VCAM-1 can thrive in leukocyte-rich microenvironments through juxtacrine activation of a VCAM-1-Ezrin-PI3K/Akt survival pathway...
- Resistin induces monocyte-endothelial cell adhesion by increasing ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression in endothelial cells via p38MAPK-dependent pathwayWei Yen Hsu
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 226:2181-8. 2011..Taken together, these results show that resistin increases both the expression of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 by endothelial cells and monocyte adhesion to HUVECs via p38MAPK-dependent pathways...
- Anthrax lethal toxin enhances TNF-induced endothelial VCAM-1 expression via an IFN regulatory factor-1-dependent mechanismJason M Warfel
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Vascular Biology, Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 180:7516-24. 2008..Altering the activity of key transcription factors involved in host response to infection may be a critical mechanism by which LT contributes to anthrax pathogenesis...
- Effect of high glucose concentrations on expression of ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 in HUVEC with and without cytokine activationT S Altannavch
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 53:77-82. 2004..These results show that even a short-term exposure of endothelial cells (ECs) to high glucose concentration leads to their activation associated with increased expression of adhesion molecules such as ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1...
- PTEN differentially regulates expressions of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 through PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling pathways in TNF-α-activated human endothelial cellsKonstantin Tsoyi
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, and Biomedical Center BK21, Gyeongsang National University, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju 660 751, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 213:115-21. 2010..It is concluded that PTEN selectively inhibits expression of VCAM-1 but not ICAM-1 through modulation of PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling cascade in TNF-α-treated ECs...
- Regulation of endothelial and mesothelial cell function by interleukin-13: selective induction of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and amplification of interleukin-6 productionM Sironi
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Blood 84:1913-21. 1994..Interaction of these cytokines with vascular endothelium may play an important role in the induction and expression of Th2-dependent responses...
- Modulation of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 on human coronary smooth muscle cells by cytokinesM Braun
Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 27:2571-9. 1995..These results demonstrate that cytokines regulate ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression on human coronary and pulmonary smooth muscle cells. These effects may play an important role in the immune mechanisms in atherosclerosis...
- Cellular activation through the ligation of intercellular adhesion molecule-1A Clayton
Institute of Nephrology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff Royal Infirmary, Cardiff CF2 1SZ, Wales, UK
J Cell Sci 111:443-53. 1998..This may have profound implications for the control and persistence of a leukocyte infiltrate and the progression of inflammatory disease...
- The leukocyte integrin alpha D beta 2 binds VCAM-1: evidence for a binding interface between I domain and VCAM-1M Van der Vieren
ICOS Corp, Bothell, WA 98021, USA
J Immunol 163:1984-90. 1999..These results indicate that VCAM-1 can bind to an I domain and that the binding of alpha D beta 2 to VCAM-1 may contribute to the trafficking of a subpopulation of leukocytes that express alpha D beta 2...
- Testosterone attenuates expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 by conversion to estradiol by aromatase in endothelial cells: implications in atherosclerosisTapan K Mukherjee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1740, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:4055-60. 2002..Results from our study may help explain the mechanism by which testosterone may have beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system...
- Hyperosmotic stimuli inhibit VCAM-1 expression in cultured endothelial cells via effects on interferon regulatory factor-1 expression and activityHiroshi Ochi
Vascular Research Division, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur J Immunol 32:1821-31. 2002..Thus, pathophysiological fluctuations in plasma osmolarity may influence certain endothelial-dependent components of the inflammatory response and host defense mechanisms...
- Circulating soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule 1: relationships with residual renal function, cardiac hypertrophy, and outcome of peritoneal dialysis patientsAngela Yee Moon Wang
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Am J Kidney Dis 45:715-29. 2005..In this study, we examined circulating soluble VCAM-1 (sVCAM-1) in relation to different clinical and biochemical parameters, as well as mortality and cardiovascular events, in peritoneal dialysis (PD) patients...
- The translocation inhibitor CAM741 interferes with vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 signal peptide insertion at the transloconHanna Harant
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, A 1235 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 281:30492-502. 2006..Our data indicate that the compound inhibits translocation of VCAM1 by interfering with correct insertion of its signal peptide into the translocon...
- Levels of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-2 in plasma of patients with hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome, and significance of the changes in levelBao Tai Qi
Department of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Viral Immunol 19:565-9. 2006..sICAM-2 may be associated with the hyperfunctioning of the cellular immune response...
- L5, the most electronegative subfraction of plasma LDL, induces endothelial vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 and CXC chemokines, which mediate mononuclear leukocyte adhesionYasunori Abe
Section of Atherosclerosis and Lipoprotein Research, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin, A679B, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Atherosclerosis 192:56-66. 2007....
- Serum interleukin-18 levels are increased and closely associated with various soluble adhesion molecule levels in type 1 diabetic patientsNaoto Katakami
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Diabetes Care 30:159-61. 2007
- Circulating proangiogenic molecules PIGF, SDF-1 and sVCAM-1 in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusEwa Robak
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, ul Ciolkowskiego 2, 93 510 Lodz, Poland
Eur Cytokine Netw 18:181-7. 2007..We found a positive correlation between serum concentrations of PIGF and SLE activity according to SLAM score (p=0.33, p=0.13)...
- Light/dark patterns of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 in relation to melatonin in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarctionAlberto Dominguez-Rodriguez
Department of Cardiology Coronary Care Unit, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, Tenerife, Spain
J Pineal Res 44:65-9. 2008..05). The results suggest that diurnal variations in endogenous sVCAM-1 production in STEMI patients might be related to an attenuated circadian secretion of melatonin...
- Arginase levels and their association with Th17-related cytokines, soluble adhesion molecules (sICAM-1 and sVCAM-1) and hemolysis markers among steady-state sickle cell anemia patientsWendell Vilas-Boas
Centro de Pesquisas Gonçalo Moniz FIOCRUZ, Rua Waldemar Falcão 121 Brotas, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Ann Hematol 89:877-82. 2010..Additional studies should be carried out in order to investigate the mechanisms by which TGF-beta participates in the metabolism of arginase in SCA patients...
- Globular adiponectin counteracts VCAM-1-mediated monocyte adhesion via AdipoR1/NF-κB/COX-2 signaling in human aortic endothelial cellsFrancesco Addabbo
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E1143-54. 2011....
- Curcumin attenuates TNF-α-induced expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1, vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and proinflammatory cytokines in human endometriotic stromal cellsKi Hyung Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pusan National University School of Medicine, Busan 602 739, Korea
Phytother Res 26:1037-47. 2012..These findings suggest that curcumin may have potential therapeutic uses in the prevention and treatment of endometriosis...
- Urine sVCAM-1 and sICAM-1 levels are elevated in lupus nephritisHwee Siew Howe
Department of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
Int J Rheum Dis 15:13-6. 2012....
- The NF-κB target genes ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 are differentially regulated during spontaneous differentiation of Caco-2 cellsErhan Astarci
Department of Biochemistry, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
FEBS J 279:2966-86. 2012..Thus, regulation of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1, although both NF-κB target genes, appears to be different over the course of epithelial differentiation in Caco-2 cells...
- Tetraspanins CD81 and CD82 facilitate α4β1-mediated adhesion of human erythroblasts to vascular cell adhesion molecule-1Frances A Spring
Bristol Institute for Transfusion Sciences, Bristol, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e62654. 2013..These results strongly suggest that tetraspanins have a functional role in terminal erythropoiesis by modulating interactions of erythroblast α4β1 with both macrophages and extracellular matrix...
- Astragalus polysaccharides suppress ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression in TNF-α-treated human vascular endothelial cells by blocking NF-κB activationYu Ping Zhu
Key Laboratory of Geriatrics, Beijing Hospital and Beijing Institute of Geriatrics, Ministry of Health, Beijing 100730, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 34:1036-42. 2013..To investigate the effects Astragalus polysaccharides (APS) on tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α-induced inflammatory reactions in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) and to elucidate the underlying mechanisms...
- Sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor-2 mediated NFκB activation contributes to tumor necrosis factor-α induced VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 expression in endothelial cellsWenliang Zhang
Bioactive Lipid Research Program, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48202, United States Department of Pathology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48202, United States
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 106:62-71. 2013..Collectively, our data suggest that TNFα treatment activates autocrine S1P/S1P2 signaling, which subsequently activates NFκB and leads to the proinflammatory responses in endothelial cells. ..
- Flavonoids from Citrus unshiu Marc. inhibit cancer cell adhesion to endothelial cells by selective inhibition of VCAM-1Hana Jin
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, Jinju 660 702, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 30:2336-42. 2013....
- Increased monocyte adhesion by endothelial expression of VCAM-1 missense variation in vitroBoris Schmitz
University Hospital Munster, Institute of Sports Medicine, Molecular Genetics of Cardiovascular Disease, Horstmarer Landweg 39, D 48149 Munster, Germany University Hospital Münster, Internal Medicine D, Nephrology, Hypertension and Rheumatology, Munster, Germany
Atherosclerosis 230:185-90. 2013..In the current work, we investigated the functional impact of VCAM-1 missense variants and their effect on cell-cell adhesion...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and the integrin VLA-4 mediate adhesion of human B cell precursors to cultured bone marrow adherent cellsD H Ryan
Department of Pathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642
J Clin Invest 88:995-1004. 1991....
- Crystal structure of an integrin-binding fragment of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 at 1.8 A resolutionE Y Jones
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford Centre for Molecular Sciences, UK
Nature 373:539-44. 1995..These, and additional data, map VLA-4 binding to the face of the CFG beta-sheet, the surface previously identified as the site for intercellular adhesive interactions between members of the immunoglobulin superfamily...
- Caveolin-1 is associated with VCAM-1 dependent adhesion of gastric cancer cells to endothelial cellsJaeyoung Shin
Department of Molecular Biology and Institute of Nanosensor and Biotechnology, Dankook Univiersity, Seoul, Korea
Cell Physiol Biochem 17:211-20. 2006....
- Evaluation of C-reactive protein, endothelin-1, adhesion molecule(s), and lipids as inflammatory markers in type 2 diabetes mellitus patientsHala El-Mesallamy
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Abbassia, Cairo 11566, Egypt
Mediators Inflamm 2007:73635. 2007..P-selectin and ICAM-1 were significantly positively correlated. This study indicates that increased level of oxidative stress marker, proinflammatory markers, and their downstream effectors adhesion molecules occur in type 2 DM...
- Evidences for correlation between the reduced VCAM-1 expression and hyaluronan synthesis during cellular senescence of human mesenchymal stem cellsEun Mi Jung
Integrative Omics Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 111 Gwahangno, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 806, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404:463-9. 2011..Thus, we suggest that hyaluronan supplementation in expansion culture of MSCs would compensate adverse effects induced by its decreased synthesis and subsequently enhance cell adhesion and migration abilities...
- Structure/function studies on vascular cell adhesion molecule-1B Pepinsky
Biogen, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
J Biol Chem 267:17820-6. 1992....
- Proteinase-activated receptor2 agonists upregulate granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, IL-8, and VCAM-1 expression in human bronchial fibroblastsRithwik Ramachandran
Respiratory Medicine, Division of Academic Medicine, Post Graduate Medical Institute of the University of Hull in association with the Hull York Medical School, East Yorkshire, HU16 5JQ, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 35:133-41. 2006..PAR2-driven upregulation of VCAM-1 cell surface expression and the release of IL-8 and G-CSF from bronchial fibroblasts may be important in promoting neutrophilic airways inflammation...
- P2Y2 nucleotide receptor activation up-regulates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 [corrected] expression and enhances lymphocyte adherence to a human submandibular gland cell lineOlga J Baker
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, 540E Christopher S Bond Life Sciences Center, 1201 Rollins Road, Columbia, MO 65211 0001, USA
Mol Immunol 45:65-75. 2008..These results suggest that P2Y2R activation in salivary gland cells increases the EGFR-dependent expression of VCAM-1 and the binding of lymphocytes, a pathway relevant to inflammation associated with SS...
- s-ICAM-1 and s-VCAM-1 in healthy men are strongly associated with traits of the metabolic syndrome, becoming evident in the postprandial response to a lipid-rich mealDiana Rubin
Max Rubner Institut, Federal Research Center of Nutrition and Food, Herrmann Weigmann Str 1, 24103 Kiel, Germany
Lipids Health Dis 7:32. 2008..We conducted assessment of association between postprandial triglycerides, insulin and glucose after ingestion of a standardized lipid-rich test meal, and soluble cellular adhesion molecules (sCAM) in young healthy subjects...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of cellular adhesion molecules (ICAM-1, VCAM-1) and VEGF in fibrovascular membranes of patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy: preliminary studyT Khalfaoui
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Charles Nicolle, Boulevard du 9 Avril, Bab Souika, 1006 Tunis, Tunisia
Pathol Biol (Paris) 57:513-7. 2009..To this end, we analyzed the simultaneous expression of ICAM-1, VCAM-1 and VEGF within tissues of diabetic fibrovascular membranes...
- Soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 induces human eosinophil migrationS Ueki
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Allergy 64:718-24. 2009..Elevated levels of the soluble forms of adhesion molecules in the body fluid of asthmatic patients have been observed, although their pathophysiological significance remains to be fully elucidated...
- Gastrin induces the interaction between human mononuclear leukocytes and endothelial cells through the endothelial expression of P-selectin and VCAM-1Sales Ibiza
Departamento de Farmacología and CIBERehd, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C1588-95. 2009..Gastrin induces interactions between human mononuclear leukocytes and endothelial cells through the activation of CCK-2 receptors and the enhancement of endothelial P-selectin and VCAM-1...
- Nox2-based NADPH oxidase mediates HIV-1 Tat-induced up-regulation of VCAM-1/ICAM-1 and subsequent monocyte adhesion in human astrocytesHa Yong Song
Department of Biomedical Science and Research Institute for Bioscience and Biotechnology, Hallym University, Chunchon 200 702, Republic of Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 50:576-84. 2011....
- The integrin alpha9beta1 mediates adhesion to activated endothelial cells and transendothelial neutrophil migration through interaction with vascular cell adhesion molecule-1Y Taooka
Lung Biology Center, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, Cardiovascular Research Institute and the Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 145:413-20. 1999..These observations suggest a possible role for alpha9beta1/VCAM-1 interactions in extravasation of neutrophils at sites of acute inflammation...
- Dihydrotestosterone promotes vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression in male human endothelial cells via a nuclear factor-kappaB-dependent pathwayAlison K Death
Discipline of Medicine, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Endocrinology 145:1889-97. 2004....
- At least 2 distinct pathways generating reactive oxygen species mediate vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 induction by advanced glycation end productsGiuseppina Basta
C N R Institutes of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:1401-7. 2005..We investigated the role of distinct sources of ROS, including the mitochondrial electron transport chain, NAD(P)H oxidase, xanthine oxidase, and arachidonic acid metabolism, in AGE-induced VCAM-1 expression...
- ROCK inhibitor fasudil attenuated high glucose-induced MCP-1 and VCAM-1 expression and monocyte-endothelial cell adhesionHailing Li
Department of Cardiology, Shanghai Tenth People s Hospital, Tongji University, School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:65. 2012....
- The P2Y2 nucleotide receptor mediates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression through interaction with VEGF receptor-2 (KDR/Flk-1)Cheikh I Seye
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35679-86. 2004..These data indicate a novel mechanism whereby a nucleotide receptor transactivates a receptor tyrosine kinase to generate an inflammatory response associated with atherosclerosis...
- Characterization of the promoter for vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1)M F Iademarco
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 267:16323-9. 1992..The distribution of these proteins could then control activity of the NF kappa B sites. We conclude that the pattern of VCAM-1 expression in HUVECs is controlled by a combination of these silencers and NF kappa B sites...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD106) is cleaved by neutrophil proteases in the bone marrow following hematopoietic progenitor cell mobilization by granulocyte colony-stimulating factorJ P Levesque
Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Blood 98:1289-97. 2001....
- Human mast cell progenitors use alpha4-integrin, VCAM-1, and PSGL-1 E-selectin for adhesive interactions with human vascular endothelium under flow conditionsJoshua A Boyce
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 99:2890-6. 2002..These observations may explain the abundance of MCs at sites of mucosal inflammation, where VCAM-1 and E-selectin are important inducible receptors...
- Role of isoprenylcysteine carboxyl methyltransferase in tumor necrosis factor-alpha stimulation of expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 in endothelial cellsMushtaq Ahmad
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:759-64. 2002..Thus, ICMTase is a critical component of the redox-sensitive VCAM-1-selective signaling pathway, and it appears to activate a discrete inflammatory signaling pathway, at least in part, through the methylation of Rac1...
- Both ICAM-1- and VCAM-1-integrin interactions are important in mediating monocyte adhesion to human saphenous veinMartin F Crook
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, UK
J Vasc Res 39:221-9. 2002..These experiments imply that either integrin might be targeted to reduce monocyte infiltration into HSV grafts...
- Testosterone inhibits tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression in human aortic endothelial cellsHaruhiko Hatakeyama
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa 920 0293, Japan
FEBS Lett 530:129-32. 2002..Our results may suggest an inhibitory effect of T on atherogenesis, providing a novel insight into the consideration of the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- VCAM-1-mediated Rac signaling controls endothelial cell-cell contacts and leukocyte transmigrationSandra van Wetering
Department of Experimental Immunohematology, Sanquin Research at CLB, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 285:C343-52. 2003..Together, these data indicate that VCAM-1-induced, Rac-dependent signaling plays a key role in the modulation of vascular-endothelial cadherin-mediated endothelial cell-cell adhesion and leukocyte extravasation...
- IL-13 regulates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression in human osteoblastsLeonard Rifas
Division of Bone and Mineral Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Biochem 89:213-9. 2003....
- The P2Y2 nucleotide receptor mediates UTP-induced vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression in coronary artery endothelial cellsCheikh I Seye
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri, Columbia 65212, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24960-5. 2003..These findings suggest a novel role for the P2Y2 receptor in the p38- and Rho kinase-dependent expression of VCAM-1 that mediates the recruitment of monocytes by vascular endothelium associated with the development of atherosclerosis...
- 11,12-epoxyeicosatrienoic acid (11,12-EET): structural determinants for inhibition of TNF-alpha-induced VCAM-1 expressionJ R Falck
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9038, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:4011-4. 2003..A series of 11,12-EET analogues were synthesized and compared using a human endothelial cell based TNF-alpha-induced VCAM-1 expression assay. The resulting data were used to map a putative recognition/binding domain for 11,12-EET...
- Elevation of soluble VCAM-1 plasma levels in children with acute dengue virus infection of varying severityPenelopie Koraka
Laboratory for Exotic Viral Infections, Institute of Virology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Virol 72:445-50. 2004..These data also favor to study the further elucidation of the role of sVCAM-1 in the pathogenesis of dengue infections...
- Eosinophils adhere to vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 via podosomesMats W Johansson
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 4285A, Medical Sciences Center, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706 1532, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:413-22. 2004..Podosome-mediated VCAM-1 clearance may be a mechanism to regulate eosinophil arrest and extravasation in allergic conditions such as asthma...
- Nifedipine decreases sVCAM-1 concentrations and oxidative stress in systemic sclerosis but does not affect the concentrations of vascular endothelial growth factor or its soluble receptor 1Yannick Allanore
Paris V University, Department of Rheumatology A, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R309-14. 2004..However, more experimental evidence is needed to determine whether the VEGF pathway is intrinsically defective in SSc...
- HIV-1 Tat protein-induced VCAM-1 expression in human pulmonary artery endothelial cells and its signalingKai Liu
Department of Medicine, Tulane Univ School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 289:L252-60. 2005....
- C-reactive protein induces VCAM-1 gene expression through NF-kappaB activation in vascular endothelial cellsDaiji Kawanami
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Atherosclerosis 185:39-46. 2006..Taken together, our findings suggest that VCAM-1 induction by CRP is mediated by PKC, p38MAPK, tyrosine kinase and the NF-kappaB-dependent signaling pathways in vascular endothelial cells...
- VCAM-1 expression on dystrophic muscle vessels has a critical role in the recruitment of human blood-derived CD133+ stem cells after intra-arterial transplantationManuela Gavina
Stem Cell Laboratory, Department of Neurological Sciences, IRCCS, Centro Dino Ferrari, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Francesco Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
Blood 108:2857-66. 2006....
- Carbamylated low-density lipoprotein induces monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells through intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1Eugene O Apostolov
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:826-32. 2007..This study was aimed at testing the hypothesis that carbamylated LDL acts via inducing monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells and determining the adhesion molecules responsible for the recruitment of monocytes...
- Involvement of MAPKs and NF-kappaB in LPS-induced VCAM-1 expression in human tracheal smooth muscle cellsWei Ning Lin
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Cell Signal 19:1258-67. 2007..These results provide new insight into the mechanisms of LPS action that bacterial toxins may promote inflammatory responses in the airway disease...
- Serum soluble ICAM-1, VCAM-1, L-selectin, and P-selectin levels as markers of infection and their relation to clinical severity in neonatal sepsisJose Figueras-Aloy
Servicio Neonatología, Institut Clinic de Ginecologia, Obstetricia i Neonatologia, Spain
Am J Perinatol 24:331-8. 2007..These levels were related to the clinical severity of the disease. Soluble VCAM-1 levels increased only slightly in HC + sepsis. Soluble L-selectin and sP-selectin did not change...
- ICAM1 and VCAM1 polymorphisms, coronary artery calcium, and circulating levels of soluble ICAM-1: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA)Suzette J Bielinski
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Atherosclerosis 201:339-44. 2008..Our results identified ICAM1 polymorphisms that were significantly associated with sICAM-1 level but not CAC, a subclinical marker of atherosclerosis...
- Insulin potentiates cytokine-induced VCAM-1 expression in human endothelial cellsRosalinda Madonna
Institute of Cardiology, Center of Excellence on Aging, G d Annunzio University Chieti, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1782:511-6. 2008..Therefore, hyperinsulinemia enhances cytokine-induced VCAM-1 expression in endothelial cells, thus potentially contributing to detrimental effects of other inflammatory stimuli on atherogenesis...
- Blood serum levels of vascular cell adhesion molecule (sVCAM-1), intercellular adhesion molecule (sICAM-1) and endothelial leucocyte adhesion molecule-1 (ELAM-1) in diabetic retinopathyMariusz Nowak
Pathophysiology Division, Department of Pathophysiology and Endocrinology, Medical University of Silesia, 41 800 Zabrze pl, Traugutta 2, Poland
Clin Exp Med 8:159-64. 2008....
- The distinction between lesional and non-lesional skin in psoriasis vulgaris through expression of adhesion molecules ICAM-1 and VCAM-1Leo Cabrijan
Department of Dermatovenerology, Clinical Hospital Center Rijeka, Kresimirova 42, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Med Hypotheses 72:327-9. 2009..Our hypothesis could be proved by immunohistochemical stain of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 in lesional and non-lesional skin of pv patient in comparison with healthy skin...
- Vicious cycle between myeloma cell binding to bone marrow stromal cells via VLA-4-VCAM-1 adhesion and macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha and MIP-1beta productionMasahiro Abe
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Sciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
J Bone Miner Metab 27:16-23. 2009....
- Activated endothelium binds lymphocytes through a novel binding site in the alternately spliced domain of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1L Osborn
Biogen, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
J Exp Med 176:99-107. 1992..Therefore both sites must be blocked in clinical, animal, or in vitro studies depending on the use of anti-VCAM-1 antibodies to inactivate the VCAM-1/VLA-4 adhesion pathway...
- Alternative splicing of human VCAM-1 in activated vascular endotheliumM I Cybulsky
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115
Am J Pathol 138:815-20. 1991..Alternative splicing of the VCAM-1 gene in cytokine-activated endothelium may generate functionally distinct cell-surface adhesion molecules...
- Structural and functional studies of full-length vascular cell adhesion molecule-1: internal duplication and homology to several adhesion proteinsT Polte
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical Inc, Maryland Research Laboratories, Rockville 20850
DNA Cell Biol 10:349-57. 1991....
- Direct expression cloning of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1, a cytokine-induced endothelial protein that binds to lymphocytesL Osborn
Biogen, Inc, Cambridge Center, Massachusetts 02142
Cell 59:1203-11. 1989..VCAM-1, which belongs to the immunoglobulin gene super-family, may be central to recruitment of mononuclear leukocytes into inflammatory sites in vivo...
- Gp120 activates children's brain endothelial cells via CD4M F Stins
Division of Infectious Diseases, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurovirol 7:125-34. 2001..Gp120-induced monocyte migration was inhibited by anti-gp120 and anti-CD4 antibodies. This is the first demonstration that gp120 activates HBMEC via CD4, which may contribute to the development of HIV-1 encephalopathy in children...
- Dynamic interaction of VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 with moesin and ezrin in a novel endothelial docking structure for adherent leukocytesOlga Barreiro
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biol 157:1233-45. 2002..These results provide the first characterization of an endothelial docking structure that plays a key role in the firm adhesion of leukocytes to the endothelium during inflammation...
- Intermittent high glucose enhances ICAM-1, VCAM-1, E-selectin and interleukin-6 expression in human umbilical endothelial cells in culture: the role of poly(ADP-ribose) polymeraseL Piconi
Morpurgo Hofman Research Laboratory on Aging, Udine, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 2:1453-9. 2004..Thus, PARP activation appears to be involved in both promoting nitrosative stress and upregulating adhesion molecules and inflammation in endothelial cells exposed to oscillating high glucose conditions...
- Contrasting roles for domain 4 of VCAM-1 in the regulation of cell adhesion and soluble VCAM-1 binding to integrin alpha4beta1Darren G Woodside
Encysive Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Immunol 176:5041-9. 2006..These results indicate that the domain 4 of VCAM-1 plays a contrasting role when VCAM-1 is presented in solution or as a cell surface-expressed adhesive substrate...
- The adaptor molecule Lnk negatively regulates tumor necrosis factor-alpha-dependent VCAM-1 expression in endothelial cells through inhibition of the ERK1 and -2 pathwaysJuliette Fitau
INSERM, U643, Nantes, France
J Biol Chem 281:20148-59. 2006..Collectively, our results identify the adaptor Lnk as a negative regulator in the TNFalpha-signaling pathway mediating ERK inhibition and suggest a role for Lnk in the interplay between PI3K and ERK triggered by TNFalpha in ECs...
- Nano-sized Cell Guidance System for Ischemic Tissue RepairHyunjoon Kong; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the end, this study will aid saving a number of patients who suffer from the ischemic disorders of myocardial and peripheral tissues. ..
- Paul S Frenette; Fiscal Year: 2015..These studies will define for the first time the in vivo roles of BM macrophages in erythropoiesis and will likely lead to novel ways to regulate erythropoiesis in diseases characterized by erythron expansion. (End of Abstract) ..
- Genetic Susceptibilty to Cardiovascular Effects of Arsenic ExposureYu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed study will provide valuable knowledge about the pathophysiology and mechanism by which As exposure may lead to CVD and may also lead to improved prevention and risk assessment of As exposure. ..
- MEDIATORS AND MODIFIERS OF NF-kappaB IN INSULIN RESISTANCESteven E Shoelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings will improve our understanding of the role of subacute 'inflammation'in insulin resistance, T2D and the metabolic syndrome, and may identify new and more selective targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Chen Yan; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies should provide insight into mechanisms by which flow inhibits inflammation and facilitate development of therapeutic approaches to limit atherosclerosis. ..
- FOLLICULAR ANTIGEN BINDING DENDRITIC CELLSJohn Tew; Fiscal Year: 2009..in FDC-B cell-T cell interactions including: Ag-Ab complexes, CD21L, CD23, CD32/FcyRIIB, CD40, CD44, CD54/ICAM-1, CD106/VCAM-1, and CD320/8D6;3) Products secreted by FDCs that influence GC reactions include CXCL-12, CXCL-13, and IL-6...
- Biobehavioral Genetics of CVD RiskIndrani Halder; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ROO phase will involve examining all genes for a comprehensive evaluation of the pathways (End of Abstract) ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF VCAM1Andrew Neish; Fiscal Year: 2001..Elucidation of the mechanisms of transcription factor interactions will further our knowledge of how VCAM1 induction is regulated and how this important molecule is controlled by a variety of immuno-inflammatory stimuli. ..
- PATHWAY OF VENTRICULAR MORPHOGENESIS MEDICATED BY RXRAHenry Sucov; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Cellular Assay:Presentation of the Adhesion Molecul(RMI)Thomas Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The assay can generate data with high confidence and a Z' factor of 0.80. We have also shown that the assay is a powerful tool to screen for bioactive compounds. ..
- Hyposialylation Regulates Alpha4Beta1 Integrin Binding to VCAM1ALENCIA WOODARD GRICE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHASE I/II STUDY OF SIMVASTATIN (ZOCOR) THERAPY IN SICKLE CELL DISEASECarolyn Hoppe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] 2. To assess the safety and tolerability of oral simvastatin in patients with SCD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Predictors of Comorbid Depressive Symptoms + CADJeanne McCaffery; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Extracellular Proteinases in Ocular NeovascularizationArup Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such an approach will provide a rational basis for the development of potentially powerful and effective therapeutics for ocular neovascularization. ..
- In Vitro Model of the Human Blood Brain Barrier to studyMonique Stins; Fiscal Year: 2003..By characterizing the individual steps involved in entry of monocytes into the brain, a better understanding of the pathogenesis of HIV-1-1 encephalopathy will be obtained and strategies may be developed to halt this process. ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF BRAIN-METASTATIC MELANOMADario Marchetti; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research outlined here will help in delineating molecular events associated with malignant melanoma growth and brain metastasis, as influenced by enzyme-driven interactions between tumor cells and extracellular matrix ..
- PATHOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF THE PLASMINOGEN SYSTEMVictoria Ploplis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The hypothesis is that cardiac fibrosis will be regulated by urokinase activity and other functions of PAI-I which will be further pursued in future studies of mice expressing functional mutations of PAI-1. ..
- ACYLTRANSFERASE INHIBITORS AS ANTI RAS AGENTSCharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- ADHESION MOLECULES IN SMOOTH MUSCLE ACTIVATION & GROWTHAILI LAZAAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding the mechanisms by which CAMs transduce signals that could induce myocyte activation may provide insight in new therapeutic measures to prevent airway inflammation and bronchial hyperreactivity. ..
- NOVEL COMPOUNDS WHICH CIRCUMVENT MULTIDRUG RESISTANCECharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies should allow a critical evaluation of the potential utility of these novel compounds as clinical agents. ..
- SES, health behaviors and CVD among Vietnam-era-TwinsJeanne McCaffery; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary method of analysis will be twin structural equation modeling. ..
- PREVENTIVE/THERAPEUTIC HPV VACCINE DEVELOPMENTT C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2003..A.5 Evaluate the mechanisms of the anti-tumor immunity induced by vaccination. ..
- ENHANCEMENT OF HPV16 E6 & E7-SPECIFIC ANTITUMOR IMMUNITYT C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2001..5) Perform head-to-head comparison of various E6, E7 and chimeric E6E7 vaccines in antitumor immunity using E6 and E7 expressing murine model tumors. ..