Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: USP9Y
Description: ubiquitin specific peptidase 9, Y-linked
Alias: DFFRY, SPGFY2, deubiquitinating enzyme FAF-Y, fat facets protein-related, Y-linked, ubiquitin specific peptidase 9, Y-linked (fat facets-like, Drosophila), ubiquitin thioesterase FAF-Y, ubiquitin thiolesterase FAF-Y, ubiquitin-specific processing protease FAF-Y, ubiquitin-specific protease 9, Y chromosome
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- The Drosophila developmental gene fat facets has a human homologue in Xp11.4 which escapes X-inactivation and has related sequences on Yq11.2M H Jones
University of Cambridge, Department of Pathology, UK
Hum Mol Genet 5:1695-701. 1996..4 and Yq11.2 respectively. These two loci have been termed DFFRX and DFFRY for Drosophila fat facets related X and Y...
- A preliminary report on the implication of RT-PCR detection of DAZ, RBMY1, USP9Y and Protamine-2 mRNA in testicular biopsy samples from azoospermic menA Friel
National Diagnostics Centre, BioResearch Ireland, National University of Ireland, Galway, UK
Int J Androl 25:59-64. 2002..reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) was optimized to analyse the presence of DAZ, RBMY1, USP9Y, protamine-2, SRY and actin messenger RNA (mRNA) in testicular cells of men suffering from idiopathic azoospermia...
- Analysis of Yq microdeletions in infertile males by PCR and DNA hybridization techniquesP Grimaldi
Cattedra di Anatomia, , , Italy
Mol Hum Reprod 4:1116-21. 1998....
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone and cAMP inhibit noninactivating K+ current in adrenocortical cells by an A-kinase-independent mechanism requiring ATP hydrolysisJ J Enyeart
Department of Pharmacology, Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus 43210 1239, USA
J Gen Physiol 108:251-64. 1996..The simultaneous activation of A-kinase- and Ca(2+)-dependent pathways produces the full steroidogenic response...
- Male infertility: polymerase chain reaction-based deletion mapping of genes on the human chromosomeN Viswambharan
School of Biotechnology, Dr G R Damodaran College of Science, Civil Aerodrome Post, Coimbatore 641014, Tamil Nadu, India
Singapore Med J 48:1140-2. 2007..Several genes located in AZF regions for spermatogenesis is viewed as "AZF candidate genes". This study aims at PCR-based rapid analysis of Y chromosome microdeletion, which is a cause for male infertility...
- Dual mechanisms of regulation of transcription of luteinizing hormone receptor gene by nuclear orphan receptors and histone deacetylase complexesYing Zhang
Molecular Endocrinology Section, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development NIH, 49 Convent Drive, Building 49, Room 6A 36, Bethesda, MD 20892 4510, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 85:401-14. 2003....
- Genetics of human male infertilityJ Poongothai
Computational Engineering and Networking Department, Amrita Viswha Vidyapeetham, Ettimadai, Coimbatore 638107, Tamil Nadu, India
Singapore Med J 50:336-47. 2009..The introduction of molecular techniques has provided great insight into the genetics of infertility. Yet, our understanding of the genetic causes of male infertility remains limited...
- [Genetics and male infertility]K Stouffs
Departement voor Embryologie en Genetica, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussel
Verh K Acad Geneeskd Belg 71:115-39. 2009..This low frequency of mutations has also been confirmed in several published studies. Therefore, further research is necessary to determine the impact of genetic causes on male infertility...
- [Sex chromosomes and male infertility]Yi Chao Shi
Center of Reproduction and Genetics, PLA Research Institute of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Nanjing University School of Medicine Nanjing General Hospital of Nanjing Military Region, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210002, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 16:460-7. 2010..Many researches have been conducted on the relationship between spermatogenesis and the genes on the X chromosome, but the involvement of the X chromosome in male infertility remains less understood and deserves further characterization...
- Genetics of azoospermia: current knowledge, clinical implications, and future directions. Part II: Y chromosome microdeletionsHossein Sadeghi-Nejad
Department of Urology, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey, USA
Urol J 4:192-206. 2007..We reviewed the most recent advances in the genetics of male infertility focusing on Y chromosome microdeletions...
- Y chromosome microdeletions and alterations of spermatogenesisC Foresta
University of Padova, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Clinica Medica 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Endocr Rev 22:226-39. 2001..Deletions in these regions remove one or more of the candidate genes (DAZ, RBMY, USP9Y, and DBY) and cause severe testiculopathy leading to male infertility...
- Cytogenetic and Y chromosome microdeletion screening studies in infertile males with Oligozoospermia and Azoospermia in Southeast TurkeyM Balkan
Department of Medical Biology and Genetic, Medical Faculty, University of Dicle, 21280, Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Assist Reprod Genet 25:559-65. 2008....
- Screening for AZF deletion in a large series of severely impaired spermatogenesis patientsM C Martinez
Equipo IVI Murcia, Spain
J Androl 21:651-5. 2000..Because men with severe infertility suffer a high risk of Y chromosome deletion, screening for these men is recommended prior to treatment with assisted reproduction...
- Laminin reduces expression of the human alpha6 integrin subunit gene by altering the level of the transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3Manon Gaudreault
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center and the
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3490-505. 2007..Laminin is recognized by receptors (alpha6beta1 and alpha6beta4) that belong to the integrin family. The authors characterized the regulatory influence exerted by laminin on the Sp1/Sp3-mediated alpha6 gene promoter function...
- [Using multiplex PCR to analyze the breakpoint of a severe Y-chromosome deletion]Xiao su Xiao
Laboratory of Genetics, Reproductive Medical Center, Shenzhen Hospital of Beijing University, Shenzhen, Guangdong, PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 22:560-2. 2005..To elucidate the relationship between azoospermia factor(AZF) microdeletion of Y chromosome and azoospermia, the exact breakpoint of a severe Y-chromosome deletion was determined according to the physical map of AZF...
- Screening of 'Y' chromosome microdeletions in Iranian infertile malesAli Mohammad Malekasgar
Department of Biochemistry, Genetic Unit, Ahwaz Jondishapur University of Medical Sciences, Iran
J Hum Reprod Sci 1:2-9. 2008....
- Mouse homologues of the human AZF candidate gene RBM are expressed in spermatogonia and spermatids, and map to a Y chromosome deletion interval associated with a high incidence of sperm abnormalitiesS K Mahadevaiah
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Hum Mol Genet 7:715-27. 1998..In man, deletion of the functional copies of RBM is associated with meiotic arrest rather than sperm anomalies; however, the different effects of deletion are consistent with the differences in expression between the two species...
- Repression of the luteinizing hormone receptor gene promoter by cross talk among EAR3/COUP-TFI, Sp1/Sp3, and TFIIBYing Zhang
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology, and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6958-72. 2003....
- Unique signatures of natural background radiation on human Y chromosomes from Kerala, IndiaSanjay Premi
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 4:e4541. 2009..We studied the human Y chromosome in 390 males from the South Indian state of Kerala, where the level of natural background radiation (NBR) is ten-fold higher than the worldwide average, and that from 790 unexposed males as control...
- Genetic aspects of male infertilityM Namiki
Department of Urology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Ishikawa, Japan
World J Surg 24:1176-9. 2000..Several unknown sequences were identified by the analysis. Ongoing studies on AZF will prove useful in the diagnosis and treatment of male infertility...
- A frequent Y chromosome b2/b3 subdeletion shows strong association with male infertility in Han-Chinese populationB Wu
The Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine of Jiangsu Province, Institute of Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University School of Public Health, Nanjing, China
Hum Reprod 22:1107-13. 2007..In this study, we assessed the occurrence of classical AZF deletions and AZFc subdeletions and their impact on male infertility in a Han-Chinese population...
- An ACTH- and ATP-regulated background K+ channel in adrenocortical cells is TREK-1John J Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, 5190 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1239, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49186-99. 2002..The activation of I(AC) by ATP indicates that native bTREK-1 channels may function as sensors that couple the metabolic state of the cell to membrane potential, perhaps through an associated ATP-binding protein...
- Ruthenium catalyzed decarbonylative arylation at sp3 carbon centers in pyrrolidine and piperidine heterocyclesDenis V Gribkov
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11750-5. 2007....
- SOX7 and SOX17 regulate the parietal endoderm-specific enhancer activity of mouse laminin alpha1 geneTomoaki Niimi
Sekiguchi Biomatrix Signaling Project, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Aichi Medical University, Karimata, Yazako, Nagakute, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:38055-61. 2004....
- Cellular transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 suppress varicella-zoster virus origin-dependent DNA replicationMohamed I Khalil
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Witebsky Center for Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Virol 82:11723-33. 2008..They may also have implications regarding establishment or reactivation of viral latency...
- The mouse Y chromosome interval necessary for spermatogonial proliferation is gene dense with syntenic homology to the human AZFa regionS Mazeyrat
INSERM U491, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Hum Mol Genet 7:1713-24. 1998..genes have previously been mapped within the interval: Ube1y and Smcy, linked with Zfy1 on a contig of 250 kb, and Dffry and Uty, which were unanchored. The interval was estimated to be >450 kb...
- Transcriptional regulation of the cystathionine-beta -synthase gene in Down syndrome and non-Down syndrome megakaryocytic leukemia cell linesYubin Ge
Experimental and Clinical Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Blood 101:1551-7. 2003....
- Regulation of the Rhox5 homeobox gene in primary granulosa cells: preovulatory expression and dependence on SP1/SP3 and GABPJames A Maclean
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 73:1126-34. 2005....
- Identification of sterol-independent regulatory elements in the human ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 promoter: role of Sp1/3, E-box binding factors, and an oncostatin M-responsive elementThomas Langmann
Institute for Clinical Chemistry, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany, and the Pharma Research Center, Bayer AG, Aprather Wey 18a, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:14443-50. 2002....
- Structural and functional characterization of the mouse tescalcin promoterErasmo M Perera
Department of Pediatrics, Endocrinology Division, University of Miami, Leonard Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Gene 464:50-62. 2010..Taken together, the data demonstrated that Sp1 and Sp3 transcription factors cooperate positively in the regulation of Tesc promoter, and that the putative ZF5 motif is critical for its activation...
- Reciprocal modulation of voltage-gated and background K(+) channels mediated by nucleotides and corticotropinJ J Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1239, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:114-23. 2001..This may represent a unique mechanism for transducing biochemical signals to ionic events involved in cortisol secretion...
- Regulation of cytochrome b5 gene transcription by Sp3, GATA-6, and steroidogenic factor 1 in human adrenal NCI-H295A cellsNingwu Huang
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0978, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:2020-34. 2005..Transcription of cytochrome b5 shares many features with the regulation of P450c17, whose activity it enhances...
- [Breakpoint localization of Y-chromosome massive deletions in 49 spermatogenesis dysfunction patients]Xiangdong Tu
PLA Center for Laboratory Medicine, Fuzhou General Hospital of Nanjing Military Region, Fuzhou, Fujian, 350025 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 26:686-9. 2009..To analyze the characteristics of azoospermia factor(AZF) deletions in Y-chromosome...
- Physiological concentrations of insulin promote binding of nuclear proteins to the insulin-like growth factor I geneE N Kaytor
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Endocrinology 142:1041-9. 2001..As most insulin-responsive genes do not exhibit insulin-responsive nuclear factor binding, further studies of IRBP may also contribute to understanding of the mechanism of insulin action on gene transcription...
- The nuclear abundance of transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 depends on biotin in Jurkat cellsJacob B Griffin
Department of Nutritional Science and Dietetics, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, USA
J Nutr 133:3409-15. 2003..This study provides evidence that some effects of biotin on gene expression might be mediated by the nuclear abundance of Sp1 and Sp3...
- Functional characterization of transcription factor binding sites for HNF1-alpha, HNF3-beta (FOXA2), HNF4-alpha, Sp1 and Sp3 in the human prothrombin gene enhancerH Ceelie
Department of Haematology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 1:1688-98. 2003..Overexpression of prothrombin leads to an increased risk of venous thrombosis. Therefore, the study of the transcriptional regulation of the prothrombin gene may help to identify mechanisms of overexpression...
- Sex chromosome alignment at meiosis of azoospermic men with azoospermia factor microdeletionLeah Yogev
Institute for the Study of Fertility, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
J Androl 25:110-6. 2004....
- Physical properties of ultrafast deposited micro- and nanothickness amorphous hydrogenated carbon films for medical devices and prosthesesT Zaharia
Department of Electronic Engineering and Applied Physics, University of Aston, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 221:161-72. 2007....
- AZF microdeletions and partial deletions of AZFc region on the Y chromosome in Moroccan menLaila Imken
Human Genetic and Cytogenetic Unit, Research Department, Pasteur Institute of Morocco, Ezzahraoui 20100 Casablanca, Morocco
Asian J Androl 9:674-8. 2007..To evaluate for the first time the frequency of Y chromosome microdeletions and the occurrence of the partial deletions of AZFc region in Moroccan men, and to discuss the clinical significance of AZF deletions...
- [Y chromosome and male infertility: what is a normal Y chromosome?]Ken McElreavey
Reproduction, Fertilite et Populations, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Soc Biol 202:135-41. 2008..Trying to correlate these changes with the phenotypic variability is a major challenge and it is likely that there will not be a single reference (or normal) Y chromosome sequence but many...
- Synergistic regulation of human cystathionine-beta-synthase-1b promoter by transcription factors NF-YA isoforms and Sp1Yubin Ge
Experimental and Clinical Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1579:73-80. 2002..Characterization of CBS promoter structure and function should clarify the molecular bases for variations in CBS gene expression in genetic diseases and the relationship between CBS and Down's syndrome (DS)...
- Corticotropin induces the expression of TREK-1 mRNA and K+ current in adrenocortical cellsJudith A Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Mol Pharmacol 64:132-42. 2003....
- Regulation of expression of the chorionic gonadotropin/luteinizing hormone receptor gene in the human myometrium: involvement of specificity protein-1 (Sp1), Sp3, Sp4, Sp-like proteins, and histone deacetylasesRobert J Phillips
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 3rd Floor, William Leech Building, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3479-90. 2005....
- The human receptor tyrosine kinase Axl gene--promoter characterization and regulation of constitutive expression by Sp1, Sp3 and CpG methylationGiridhar Mudduluru
Department of Experimental Surgery Mannheim Molecular Oncology of Solid Tumors, Mannheim Medical Faculty, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ Heidelberg, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Biosci Rep 28:161-76. 2008..This might enhance the understanding and treatment of essential mechanisms associated with cancer and other diseases...
- Transcriptional regulation of mouse delta-opioid receptor gene by CpG methylation: involvement of Sp3 and a methyl-CpG-binding protein, MBD2, in transcriptional repression of mouse delta-opioid receptor gene in Neuro2A cellsGuilin Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40550-6. 2003....
- Different members of the Sp1 multigene family exert opposite transcriptional regulation of the long terminal repeat of HIV-1B Majello
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia Generale e Molecolare, Universita Federico II, Naples, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 22:4914-21. 1994..We found that the cooperative interaction between NF-kappa B and Sp1 is highly specific, since neither Sp3 nor Sp4 is capable of cooperating with NF-kappa B...
- 7,12-Dimethylbenzanthracene-dependent transcriptional regulation of adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) gene expression in normal breast epithelial cells is mediated by GC-box binding protein Sp3Aruna S Jaiswal
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and UF Shands Cancer Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:252-61. 2006..From these results we conclude that the increased pAPCP promoter activity in the MCF10A cell line in response to DMBA treatment is mediated by Sp3...
- Homologous recombination between HERVs causes duplications in the AZFa region of men accidentally exposed to cesium-137 in GoiâniaJ T Arruda
Departamento de Biologia, Núcleo de Pesquisas Replicon, Universidade Catolica de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 7:1063-9. 2008..Consequently, the hotspots inside HERV mediated recombination in AZFa, and the duplication diversity was compatible with male fertility, since to date, none of the exposed individuals have demonstrated fertility disorders...
- T-type Ca2+ channels are required for adrenocorticotropin-stimulated cortisol production by bovine adrenal zona fasciculata cellsJ J Enyeart
Department of Pharmacology, Ohio State University College of Medicine Columbus 43210 1239
Mol Endocrinol 7:1031-40. 1993..They also suggest that these low voltage-activated channels, acting as the primary pathway for Ca2+ entry into AZF cells, couple ACTH-stimulated membrane depolarization to steroid hormone production...
- Characterization of the structure and regulation of the murine gene encoding gut-enriched Krüppel-like factor (Krüppel-like factor 4)C S Mahatan
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 27:4562-9. 1999..These results demonstrate that the 5'-flanking sequence of the mouse GKLF gene functions as a promoter and is subject to autoregulation by its own gene product...
- c-Myc and Sp1/3 are required for transactivation of hamster telomerase catalytic subunit gene promoterN H Park
Dental and Craniofacial Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1668, USA
Int J Oncol 19:755-61. 2001..These results indicate that c-Myc and Sp1/3 are the major regulatory determinants of the hamTERT transcriptional activation. The mechanism of TERT gene activation during immortalization and carcinogenesis may be conserved among species...
- Methoxychlor stimulates the mouse lactoferrin gene promoter through a GC-rich elementZhiping Zhang
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Biochem Cell Biol 80:23-6. 2002..Whether the effect of methoxychlor requires the AP1/CREB binding element has yet to be established; however, the present finding provides an alternative signaling pathway for the xenoestrogens...
- Complex 5' genomic structure of the human prolactin receptor: multiple alternative exons 1 and promoter utilizationZhang Zhi Hu
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocrinology 143:2139-42. 2002..The complex promoter control system that governs transcription of the hPRLR in multiple tissues is of relevance for studies on the regulation of PRLR expression in physiological and pathological states...
- Silencing of transcription of the human luteinizing hormone receptor gene by histone deacetylase-mSin3A complexYing Zhang
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 277:33431-8. 2002....
- Spontaneous transmission from a father to his son of a Y chromosome microdeletion involving the deleted in azoospermia (DAZ) geneA E Calogero
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Catania, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 25:631-4. 2002..This case adds further evidence that the deletion of the DAZ gene is associated with different phenotypic expressions, including normal fertility...
- The proximal cis-acting elements Sp1, Sp3 and E2F regulate mouse mer gene transcription in Sertoli cellsConnie C S Wong
Department of Zoology, The University of Hong Kong, China
Eur J Biochem 269:3789-800. 2002..Taking all of these data together, the study has demonstrated that Sp1, Sp3, E2F and probably another unknown transcriptional factor play a critical role in regulating the proximal promoter activities of Mer...
- A GC-box within the proximal promoter region of the rat cathepsin L gene activates transcription in Sertoli cells of sexually mature ratsMartin Charron
Division of Reproductive Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Biol Reprod 68:1649-56. 2003..Collectively, these results suggest that the GC-box is a critical regulatory element for the cathepsin L promoter in mature Sertoli cells...
- The Sp1 family of transcription factors is involved in p27(Kip1)-mediated activation of myelin basic protein gene expressionQiou Wei
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, South Dakota 57069, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:4035-45. 2003..Enhancement of MBP promoter activity by an increase in the level of p27(Kip1) involves a novel mechanism that is mediated through the stabilization and binding of transcription factor Sp1...
- Transcriptional control of the mouse Col7a1 gene in keratinocytes: basal and transforming growth factor-beta regulated expressionMichael Naso
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Invest Dermatol 121:1469-78. 2003..Collectively, these findings attest to the complex regulation of Col7a1 transcription in epidermal keratinocytes...
- AZF deletions and Y chromosomal haplogroups: history and update based on sequencePeter H Vogt
Section of Molecular Genetics and Infertility, Department of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Hum Reprod Update 11:319-36. 2005....
- New insight into the transcriptional regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor expression in the endometrium by estrogen and relaxinRobert D Koos
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201 1559, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1041:233-47. 2005..This is based on the similarities in the effects of the two hormones on VEGF expression and on their shared ability to activate the PI3K and MAPK pathways, both of which can activate HIF-1...
- Metabolites of an Epac-selective cAMP analog induce cortisol synthesis by adrenocortical cells through a cAMP-independent pathwayJudith A Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, OH, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6088. 2009..The remarkable increases in cortisol synthesis observed in this study appear to be mediated by a novel cAMP-, Epac- and PKA-independent signaling pathway...
- Organocatalytic activity of cinchona alkaloids: which nitrogen is more nucleophilic?Mahiuddin Baidya
Department Chemie und Biochemie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
J Org Chem 74:7157-64. 2009..These data gave access to the Marcus intrinsic barriers, which are approximately 20 kJ mol(-1) lower for attack at the N(sp3)-center than at the N(sp2)-center...
- Morphological and molecular analyses in Scleroderma species associated with some Caesalpinioid legumes, Dipterocarpaceae and Phyllanthaceae trees in southern Burkina FasoKadidia B Sanon
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Département Productions Forestières, Institut de l Environnement et de Recherches Agricoles, Ouagadougou 03, Burkina Faso
Mycorrhiza 19:571-84. 2009..These investigations and the combined morphological and molecular analyses used to sort out species paved the way for identifying larger populations of Scleroderma species in Burkina Faso and other tropical zones...
- Iterative synthesis of (oligo)deoxypropionates via zinc-catalyzed enantiospecific sp3-sp3 cross-couplingGabriel J Brand
Institut fur Organische Chemie und Biochemie, Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies FRIAS, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Albertstrasse 21, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Org Lett 11:4668-70. 2009..Oligodeoxypropionate structures are a common motif in a large number of biologically relevant natural products of polyketide origin thus making our approach a versatile tool in their synthesis...
- cAMP analogs and their metabolites enhance TREK-1 mRNA and K+ current expression in adrenocortical cellsJudith A Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine and Public Health, 5196 Graves Hall, 333 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1239, USA
Mol Pharmacol 77:469-82. 2010..These findings raise significant questions regarding the specificity of 8-(4-chlorophenylthio)-cAMP analogs as cAMP mimetics...
- Methyl 2-cyano-3,12-dioxooleana-1,9-dien-28-oate decreases specificity protein transcription factors and inhibits pancreatic tumor growth: role of microRNA-27aIndira Jutooru
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas A and M University, 4466 TAMU, Vet Res Bldg 410, College Station, TX 77843 4466, USA
Mol Pharmacol 78:226-36. 2010..This results in decreased expression of Sp-regulated genes, growth inhibition, induction of apoptosis, and antiangiogenic responses...
- Palladium-catalyzed acetoxylation of sp3 C-H bonds using molecular oxygenHuanfeng Jiang
College of Chemistry, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province 510640, China
Chem Commun (Camb) 46:7259-61. 2010..Molecular oxygen as oxidant to promote palladium-catalyzed acetoxylation of sp(3) C-H bonds to afford α-oxygenated products is reported...
- Targeting Sp1 transcription factors in prostate cancer therapyUmesh T Sankpal
Cancer Research Institute, MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando, Orlando, FL 32827, USA
Med Chem 7:518-25. 2011..This review will describe the association of Sp proteins in prostate cancer with a special emphasis on some of the agents tested to target Sp proteins for the treatment of this malignancy...
- Palladium-catalyzed cascade process consisting of isocyanide insertion and benzylic C(sp3)-H activation: concise synthesis of indole derivativesTakeshi Nanjo
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Yoshida, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Org Lett 14:4270-3. 2012..The construction of the tetracyclic carbazole skeleton was also achieved by a Pd-catalyzed domino reaction incorporating alkyne insertion...
- SRY-positive 46, XY male with vanishing testis syndrome, feminization and gynecomastiaP S Ambulkar
Human Molecular Genetics Division, Department of Anatomy, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Wardha 442102 MS, India
Nepal Med Coll J 14:1-4. 2012..The torsion of testis might have caused vascular occlusion and thereby regression of testicular tissue occurred, but the exact genetic condition yet to understand...
- Oxidative C(sp3)-H bond cleavage, C-C and C=C coupling at a boron center with O2 as the oxidant mediated by platinum(II)S Pal
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Chem Commun (Camb) 50:5376-8. 2014....
- Gold-catalyzed C(sp3)-H bond functionalizationJin Xie
State Key Laboratory of Coordination Chemistry, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Chem Soc Rev 43:5245-56. 2014..In this tutorial review, we will highlight the recent achievements of gold-catalyzed oxidative and redox-neutral Csp(3)-H bond functionalization, which opens new avenues for economical and sustainable construction of fine chemicals. ..
- Oxidative coupling of alkenes with amides using peroxides: selective amide C(sp3)-H versus C(sp2)-H functionalizationXu Heng Yang
State Key Laboratory of Chemo Biosensing and Chemometrics, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China
Chem Commun (Camb) 50:12867-9. 2014....
- Iridium complexes containing mesoionic C donors: selective C(sp3)-H versus C(sp2)-H bond activation, reactivity towards acids and bases, and catalytic oxidation of silanes and waterAna Petronilho
School of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4 Ireland
Chemistry 20:15775-84. 2014....
- Pd-catalyzed intramolecular C-N bond cleavage, 1,4-migration, sp3 C-H activation, and Heck reaction: four controllable diverse pathways depending on the judicious choice of the base and ligandMin Wang
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at the Microscale and Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230026, China
J Am Chem Soc 137:1341-7. 2015....
- Alternative carrier injection/extraction inspired by electrode interlayers based on peripheral modification of the electron-rich skeletonDongcheng Chen
State Key Laboratory of Luminescent Materials and Devices and Institute of Polymer Optoelectronic Materials and Devices, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, China
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 7:3133-41. 2015..The current comparative study provides valuable exploration on developing high-performance environmentally friendly solvent-processed electrode interlayer materials...
- Parathyroid hormone inhibition of Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 3 transcription: Intracellular signaling pathways and transcription factor expressionElida Adalgisa Neri
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 461:582-8. 2015..This mechanism might be responsible, at least in part, for lower NHE3 expression and sodium reabsorption in renal proximal tubules in the presence of high PTH levels. ..
- Visible-Light-Induced Photocatalytic Aerobic Oxidative Csp3-H Functionalization of Glycine Derivatives: Synthesis of Substituted QuinolinesXiaorong Yang
State Key Laboratory of Applied Organic Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lanzhou University, 222 Tianshui South Road, Lanzhou 730000, PR China
J Org Chem 81:12433-12442. 2016....
- Visible Light-mediated Twofold Unsymmetrical Sp3 C-H Functionalization and Double C-F SubstitutionLinyong Li
Sun Yat Sen University, School of Chemistry, 510275, Guangzhou, China
Chemistry . 2016..Moreover, two consecutive C-F substitutions in a trifluoromethyl group were achieved in one-pot using visible light photoredox catalysis, which enables an unprecedented ring construction...
- Acid-Sensitive BODIPY Dyes: Synthesis through Pd-catalyzed Direct C(sp3)-H Arylation and PhotophysicMark Van der Auweraer
KULeuven, Chemistry, Molecular Imaging and Photonics, Chem and Tech, Celestijnenlaan 200F, 3001, Leuven, Belgium
Chemistry . 2017..The improved sensitivity of these novel BODIPY-based pH sensors was attributed to less efficient proton coupled electron transfer of the protonated species...
- The DAZ gene cluster on the human Y chromosome arose from an autosomal gene that was transposed, repeatedly amplified and prunedR Saxena
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 14:292-9. 1996..These results challenge prevailing views of sex chromosome evolution, suggesting that acquisition of autosomal fertility genes is an important process in Y chromosome evolution...
- Sp3 encodes multiple proteins that differ in their capacity to stimulate or repress transcriptionS B Kennett
Departments of Molecular Cancer Biology and Microbiology, Box 3686, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 25:3110-7. 1997....
- Presence of the AZF region in a female with an idic(Y)(q11)J Jenderny
Institute of Immunology, Pathology and Molecular Biology, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Genet 54:341-4. 1998..The data presented here are briefly discussed with previously-described patients...
- Posttranscriptional regulation of IL-10 gene expression through sequences in the 3'-untranslated regionM J Powell
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
J Immunol 165:292-6. 2000..This suggests that many cells are poised to secrete IL-10 and will do so if they receive appropriate posttranscriptional signals...
- Role of Sp1 and Sp3 in the nutrient-regulated expression of the human asparagine synthetase geneVan Leung-Pineda
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16585-91. 2002..Sp1 expression increased basal transcription but did not cause a further increase when SL2 cells were amino acid-deprived. Sp3 expression enhanced both the basal and the starvation-induced transcription...
- Regulation of the human secretin gene is controlled by the combined effects of CpG methylation, Sp1/Sp3 ratio, and the E-box elementLeo Tsz On Lee
Department of Zoology, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Mol Endocrinol 18:1740-55. 2004..Taken together, our data indicate that the human secretin gene is controlled by the in vivo Sp1/Sp3 ratio and the methylation status of the promoter...
- Weak hydrogen bridges: a systematic theoretical study on the nature and strength of C--H...F--C interactionsIsabella Hyla-Kryspin
Organisch Chemisches Institut der Universitat Munster, Corrensstrasse 49, 48149 Munster, Germany
Chemistry 10:3411-22. 2004..62 kJ mol(-1)), 3 (-2.79 kJ mol(-1)), 5 a (-5.97 kJ mol(-1)), 4 (-7.25 kJ mol(-1)), and 6 (-10.02 kJ mol(-1)). This contradicts the estimated proton donor ability of the C--H bonds (2 a<5 a<3<6<4)...
- Iridium-imine and -amine complexes relevant to the (S)-metolachlor process: structures, exchange kinetics, and C-H activation by Iri causing racemizationRomano Dorta
Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Simon Bolivar, Caracas 1080A, Venezuela
Chemistry 10:4546-55. 2004..0 x 10(-4) s(-1) and k2=2.89 x 10(-5) s(-1), featuring an optically active intermediate prior to sp3 C-H activation. Compounds 11, 12, rac-18, and (R)-19 were structurally characterized by single-crystal X-ray analyses...
- Epigenetic regulation of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 expressionRasoul Alikhani-Koopaei
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, University Hospital of Berne, Berne UNK 3010, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 114:1146-57. 2004..These results indicate a role for DNA methylation in HSD11B2 gene repression and suggest an epigenetic mechanism affecting this gene causally linked with hypertension...
- Synthesis of novel palladium OCN-pincer complexes: unprecedented sequential C(sp3)-H activation and aerobic oxidation in the reaction of N,N-dialkyl-3-[(N,N-dimethylamino)methyl]-2-iodoanilines with Pd2(dba)3Daniel Solé
Laboratori de Química Orgànica, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Av Joan XXIII s n, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Chem Commun (Camb) . 2005....
- A novel estradiol/estrogen receptor alpha-dependent transcriptional mechanism controls expression of the human prolactin receptorJuying Dong
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:18825-36. 2006..Estradiol produced in breast stroma and adipose tissue, which are major sources of estrogen in post-menopausal women, could up-regulate hPRLR gene expression and stimulate breast tumor growth...
- Expression and clinical role of DJ-1, a negative regulator of PTEN, in ovarian carcinomaBen Davidson
Pathology Clinic, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Montebello, N 0310 Oslo, Norway
Hum Pathol 39:87-95. 2008..In contrast, PTEN expression is infrequent in this disease. These findings may provide one of the molecular mechanisms that mediate cancer cell survival and aggressiveness in this tumor...
- Startling mosaicism of the Y-chromosome and tandem duplication of the SRY and DAZ genes in patients with Turner SyndromeSanjay Premi
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 3:e3796. 2008..Thus, a comprehensive analysis of more number of samples is warranted to uncover consensus on the loci affected, to be able to use them as potential diagnostic markers...
- [Y chromosome structural abnormalities and Turner's syndrome]C Ravel
Service de Biologie de la Reproduction, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, 4, 75020 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 37:511-8. 2009..Management of infertile patients carrying such abnormal Y chromosomes must take into account the risk and the consequences of a mosaicism in the offspring...
- p21 expression is induced by activation of nuclear nerve growth factor-induced Balpha (Nur77) in pancreatic cancer cellsSyng Ook Lee
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:1169-78. 2009..These data show that activation of nuclear Nur77 results in a novel pathway for induction of p21, which is independent of Nur77 response elements but dependent on Sp proteins bound to the GC-rich proximal region of the p21 promoter...
- Proximal human FOXP3 promoter transactivated by NF-kappaB and negatively controlled by feedback loop and SP3Paul Eckerstorfer
Molecular Immunology Unit, Institute for Hygiene and Applied Immunology, Center for Pathophysiology, Infectiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Lazarettgasse 19, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Mol Immunol 47:2094-102. 2010..Thus, the human proximal FOXP3 promoter is controlled by activation through the TCR involving PKC and the NF-kappaB subunit p65 and by inhibition through a negative feedback loop and SP3...
- Loss of the AZFc region due to a human Y-chromosome microdeletion in infertile male patientsL K Pandey
Human Cytogenetic and Molecular Genetic Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Centre of Experimental Medicine and Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Genet Mol Res 9:1267-73. 2010..001) elevated levels compared to controls. No mutations were observed in the AZFa and AZFb regions, perhaps due to the selective use of sequence-tagged site markers...
- The role of Sp1 and Sp3 in normal and cancer cell biologyLin Li
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0V9, Canada
Ann Anat 192:275-83. 2010..In this review, the role of Sp1 and Sp3 in normal and cancer cell biology and the multiple mechanisms deciding the functional roles of Sp1 and Sp3 will be presented...
- Two-pulse excitation for efficient formation of an sp3 nanodomain with frozen shear in a graphite crystalKeita Nishioka
Institute for Molecular Science, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
J Phys Condens Matter 24:205402. 2012..We show this dynamical process qualitatively by molecular dynamics calculations...
- Ligand-enabled methylene C(sp3)-H bond activation with a Pd(II) catalystMasayuki Wasa
Department of Chemistry, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, United States
J Am Chem Soc 134:18570-2. 2012..Ligand tuning led to the development of a method that allows for installation of an aryl group on a range of acyclic and cyclic amides containing β-methylene C(sp(3))-H bonds...
- Dietary HDAC Inhibitors in Colon Cancer PreventionRoderick H Dashwood; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Mustafa F Lokhandwala; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Colon Cell Differentiation: NAB and MUC2 Gene ExpressionAnna Velcich; Fiscal Year: 2009..5. Finally, we will extend our use of microarray technology to determine how NaB perturbs profiles of gene expression that define lineage specific differentiation (Velcich et al., submitted). ..
- MECHANISMS OF NA+ TRANSPORT IN THE HUMAN INTESTINEPradeep K Dudeja; Fiscal Year: 2012..Any information derived from studies of these proteins would be of clinical and therapeutic benefit for patients suffering from diarrheal disease processes. ..
- Mohammad Asghar; Fiscal Year: 2015..These studies should provide a better understanding of the mechanism by which oxidative stress causes hypertension which would subsequently lead to targeted therapy for hypertension. ..
- Mechanisms of Neuronal Specific TranscriptionGrace Gill; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- REGULATION OF GROWTH FACTORS AND EMBRYOGENESISARNOLD RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2005..The last studies are highly significant in their own right, because they will provide novel insights into the mechanisms used by members of two large transcription factor families to stimulate transcription. ..
- Role of Y Chromosome Genes in SpermatogenesisJan Rohozinski; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal is designed to build on this progress and produce mice carrying null alleles of Eif2bs3y and Usp9y. These mice will then be used to directly determine the role played by these two Sxr genes in spermatogenesis.
- Charles E Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2014..Elucidation of the actions of interferon at the molecular level is of immediate importance in view of the use of interferon in the clinic. ..
- FUNCTIONAL ROLE OF MDAZ IN INFERTILITYMegerditch Kiledjian; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding how these proteins normally function in sperm production will also provide novel strategies in male contraception. ..
- REGULATION OF MEIOSIS IN SPERMATOGENESISSteven Wasserman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A Measurement Error Approach to Estimating Usual Daily Physical Activity DistribuGreg J Welk; Fiscal Year: 2011..Data analyses will involve the development and evaluation of statistical procedures that calibrate the self-report measure against objective physical data to obtain accurate estimates of "usual" physical activity in the population. ..
- Investigations of New Pd"/Pd"-catalyzed aryl C-F and C-CF3 Coupling ReactionsNICHOLAS DEWAYNE BALL; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are hopeful that this work will provide practiical synthetic tools in the development of new biologically relevant organofluorine compounds. ..
- Bruce H Lipshutz; Fiscal Year: 2014..The secret to this success is based on proper engineering of particle size, which better accommodates the intended chemistry. ..
- OLAFS DAUGULIS; Fiscal Year: 2016..New auxiliary and reaction development for sp3 C-H bond conversion to C-C bonds, 2. Fluorination of unactivated sp3 C-H bonds, 3. Auxiliary assisted, copper-catalyzed C-H bond functionalization. ..
- Carsten Krebs; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Mohammad Movassaghi; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Regulation of PAF Acetylhydrolase Expression by Oxidized PhospholipidsSUZANNE BARBOUR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The objective of this study is to delineate the molecular mechanisms of PAFAH induction by oxPL in hopes that this will uncover novel mechanisms for regulating the enzyme and thereby controlling cardiovascular disease. ..
- Selective C-H Bond Functionalization in Complex Organic SynthesisDalibor Sames; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such research tools will increase the rate of understanding and potential treatment of human diseases. ..
- VIMENTINSS REGULATORY FACTORS INVOLVED IN DEVELOPMENTZENDRA ZEHNER; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is hoped that by a thorough understanding of how these genetic controls contribute to development, the investigators can ultimately determine how abnormalities may develop in the heart. ..
- Patrick J Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2016..The two approaches to C-C bond-formation in this application are innovative because they represent a clear departure from known chemistry. ..
- F D Toste; Fiscal Year: 2015..Thus, we anticipate that the proposed air and moisture tolerant transformations will provide synthetic chemists and biomedical researchers with additional tools for single enantiomer synthesis. ..
- Differential Functions of Sp-Family MembersJonathan Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..In so doing, we will link specific Sp-family members and their regulators with extracellular signals that govern the synthesis of Sp-dependent genes. ..
- MECHANISM OF SUPPRESSION OF SP3 GENE EXPRESSION IN MSJohn Richert; Fiscal Year: 2000..Subsequent studies will determine if these factors/peptides exhibit an inhibitory influence on Sp3 gene transcription. ..
- Cytokine Regulation of Liver Growth Hormone SignalingLee Denson; Fiscal Year: 2004..These findings will have implications for therapeutic strategies to ameliorate acquired GH resistance in diseases complicated by liver inflammation, including chronic cholestatic liver diseases ..
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF EC-SODRodney Folz; Fiscal Year: 2009..This could lead to novel pharmacologic strategies for augmenting endogenous EC-SOD levels in the lungs and other tissues, which would be predicted to reduce extracellular oxidative stress and attenuate lung disease processes. ..
- Jin Quan Yu; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- ENANTIOSELECTIVE APPROACH TO ANTITUMOR AGENTSJAMES PANEK; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Mechanisms of transcriptional repression by SUMOGRACE B GILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, increased understanding of the fundamental mechanisms underlying SUMO function in regulation of gene expression may lay the foundation for novel therapeutic strategies that address these significant human health issues. ..
- Properties of Ion Channels that Control SecretionJOHN ENYEART; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Coactivation of Estrogen Receptor alpha/Sp1Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ALKYL PCDFS--INHIBITION OF MAMMARY CANCERStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus the proposed studies will define a new mechanism-based class of antiestrogens that can be used alone or in combination with tamoxifen for treatment of breast and endometrial cancer. ..
- ESTROGEN INDUCED RESPONSES VIA ER/SPL COMPLEXESStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will ultimately facilitate design of chemotherapeutic approaches which target specific genes. ..
- 2,3,7,8,--TCDD Effects on the Estrogenic ResponsesStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed Aims will address important mechanistic considerations on IDRE-independent inhibitory AhR-ERa crosstalk and pathways critical for inhibition of mammary tumor growth by SAhRMs. ..
- Colon Cancer Inhibition by a Class of PPARgamma AgonistsStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will provide mechanistic insights on PPARy-dependent inhibition of colon cancer and identify compounds for future clinical studies. ..
- TOXICOLOGY OF ENVIRONMENT CONTAMINANTSStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed training program will continue to provide trainees with a challenging academic and research environment that will prepare them for future careers in academic, industry and government. ..
- Inhibition of Pancreatic Cancer by New PPARgamma Agonis*Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2008..PPAR? -active C-substituted DIMs that inhibit pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo, and these will serve as lead compounds for development of new drugs for clinical treatment of this devastating disease ..
- Mechanisms of Growth Factor-Estrogen Receptor CrosstalkStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Diastereoselective Functionalization of sp3 C-H BondsNan Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..Each type of reaction can be also applied in a complementary fashion with current aldol methodologies, Pd pi-allyl chemistries, and crotylmetal technologies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms By Which Endothelium Cells Sense Changes in HemodynamicsBauer Sumpio; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Assess egr-1 and sp1 binding in MT1-MMP and PDGF-B promoters under mechanical stress 5.Assess the functional relevance of egr-1 in a low flow carotid model using an egr-1 knock-out mouse. ..
- NK effector mechanisms during NK-lymphoma interactionsCHARLES SENTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data will have implications for immunotherapy and tumor vaccines and suggest ways to develop more potent tumor immunity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Mechanisms That Regulate CD11d ExpressionJOHN NOTI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Transgenic analysis of the CD11d cis elements will be done to complement these studies. These studies will expand our understanding of normal myeloid development and leukemogenesis. ..
- Gene Expression Arrays for Mammalian Cell BiologyDANIEL SABATH; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Extramural Research Facilities Construction. UCLA Yip C*No Hee Park; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term goal is to elevate and enhance the UCLA oral/head &neck oncology research program to be the premier research center and research training program in the country with significant level of NIH research support. ..
- Transformation of Infinite Life Span Human FibroblastsJ McCormick; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) determine whether the cell strains found to exhibit the appropriate critical change in growth factor responsiveness can be malignantly transformed by transfection of an H-RAS oncogene. ..
- BENEFICIAL EFFECTS OF GINKGO BILOBA IN CANCERVassilios Papadopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2002..These experiments should demonstrate if EGB 761 could be used to prevent and/or stabilize the progression of cancer. ..
- GLUCOSE UTILIZATION IN SENESCENT HEARTSRong Tian; Fiscal Year: 2002..Aim 4: To test the hypothesis that presence of high glucose and insulin increase glucose utilization and improves the tolerance toischemia in senescent hearts. ..
- HPV, Genetic Instability & Oral CancerNo Hee Park; Fiscal Year: 2005..of viral oncogene transcripts restore the DNA repair activites and genomic integrity of HPV-immortalized HOK cells, pre-neoplastic and neoplastic human oral epithelial cells (from lesion biopsies) expressing "high risk" HPV oncogenes? ..
- Nucleotide Regulation of Apaf-1 Apoptosome and ApoptosisDean G Tang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The accomplishment of the proposed goals will greatly advance our understanding of apoptosome regulation in vivo and help us understand cellular response to environmental stress and cancer cell response to anti- tumor therapeutics. ..
- CYTOCHROME P450 GENE REGULATION IN LUNGGAROLD YOST; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Developmental regulation of cardiac gene expressionAnthony Azakie; Fiscal Year: 2007..An understanding of the transcriptional mechanisms that control cardiogenesis may also elucidate the molecular pathogenesis of various congenital heart defects and cardiomyopathies. ..
- PROLACTIN REGULATES THE UTERINE RESPONSE TO PROGESTERONEBeverly Chilton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding the mechanism of prolactin and progesterone interaction in the endometrium may be important to good reproductive health. ..
- Structure-Function of a Uterine P-type ATPaseBeverly Chilton; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF GASTRINJuanita Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..For type specifications, see instructions on page 6.) RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- EXERCISE HYPERTROPHY AND CONTROL OF MYOSIN INDUCTIONRichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANNONACEOUS ACETOGENINS AND ANALOGUESJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The synthetic approach will employ chiral allylic and allenic organometal reagents to introduce stereogenic centers with concurrent formation of carbon-carbon bonds. ..
- Biomarker Genes in Mood Disorder: Lymphocyte and BrainMARQUIS VAWTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential use of biomarkers in lymphocytes will provide clinical researchers a tool to better address questions concerning diagnostic subgroups and treatment responders and non-responders. ..
- GROWTH FACTORS IN FOLLICULAR DEVELOPMENTShyamal Roy; Fiscal Year: 2001..The information will shed light on the mechanisms involved in hormonal control of folliculogenesis via intraovarian growth factors. ..
- Attentional Dysfunction in Fragile X SyndromeKenneth Maclean; Fiscal Year: 2007..Individual md combination tests of these drugs will determine the relative roles of each of these systems, and lead to [unreadable]-,-combination treatments for this Important problem In FXS. ..
- EXPRESSION OF CYCLIN E IN GYNECOLOGIC MALIGNANCIESDonna Session; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the mechanisms of cyclin E aberrations may lead to powerful and convenient models for studying potential tumor promoters, markers and antiproliferative agents. ..
- THE TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF MONOAMINE OXIDASE AJean Shih; Fiscal Year: 2008..Co-regulators interacting with APJGR during agonist stimulated or basal state will be co-immuno-precipitated by AR or GR specific antibody. The validity and the function of identified protein(s) will be investigated. ..
- Essential role of biotin in cell proliferationJanos Zempleni; Fiscal Year: 2004..The basic knowledge generated may well be relevant to teratogenesis and immune dysfunction caused by biotin deficiency. ..
- ALTERED MECHANICAL LOADS AND SKELETAL MUSCLE PHENOTYPERichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MITOCHONDRIA SIGNALED APOPTOSIS IN PROSTATE CANCER CELLSDEAN TANG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- 15-Lipoxygenase 2 is a Prostate Senescence GeneDEAN TANG; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to utilize the data obtained from this project to develop 15-LOX-2-targeted anti-PCa therapeutics that trigger cell-cycle arrest and senescence. ..
- Plasma Diagnostic for Alzheimer's Disease PathologyVassilios Papadopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this Phase I application we propose to test this hypothesis in a small number of samples obtained from AD and control (non-demented) patients. ..
- Molecular Basis of mu-Opioid Receptor Gene RegulationJane Ko; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Kurt Warncke; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- Epigenetic effects of biotin on activation of endogenous viral sequencesJanos Zempleni; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are likely to identify means by which manipulation of the environmental factor "diet" increases genomic stability and decreases cancer risk. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogenic Regulation of Mitochondrial Transcription in Huntington's DiseaseHoon Ryu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide novel mechanisms for preventing mitochondrial transcriptional dysfunction and help in the design of applicable compounds that modulate mitochondrial function. ..
- Altering Gastric Epithelial Cell DifferentiationJuanita Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further our understanding of how corpus atrophy predisposes the gastric mucosa to neoplastic transformation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TWO TYPES OF MONOAMINE OXIDASEJean Shih; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] These studies are important for both basic neuropharmacology and clinical[unreadable] research. ..