Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: USP11
Description: ubiquitin specific peptidase 11
Alias: UHX1, ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase 11, deubiquitinating enzyme 11, ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase, X-linked, ubiquitin thioesterase 11, ubiquitin thiolesterase 11, ubiquitin-specific processing protease 11
- USP-11 as a predictive and prognostic factor following neoadjuvant therapy in women with breast cancerSoley Bayraktar
Departmentsof Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer J 19:10-7. 2013..We sought to examine the predictive and prognostic relevance of USP-11 in patients treated with neoadjuvant systemic therapy (NST) for breast cancer...
- USP11 augments TGFβ signalling by deubiquitylating ALK5Mazin A Al-Salihi
Medical Research Council Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow St, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Open Biol 2:120063. 2012..In this report, we identify a deubiquitylating enzyme USP11 as an interactor of SMAD7. USP11 enhances TGFβ signalling and can override the negative effects of SMAD7...
- Structural and functional characterization of the USP11 deubiquitinating enzyme, which interacts with the RanGTP-associated protein RanBPMHaruko Ideguchi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Biochem J 367:87-95. 2002..proteins by using a yeast two-hybrid method and isolated a cDNA encoding the ubiquitin-specific protease USP11. The full-length cDNA of USP11 was cloned from a Jurkat cell library...
- USP4 is regulated by AKT phosphorylation and directly deubiquitylates TGF-β type I receptorLong Zhang
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, Postbus 9600 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Nat Cell Biol 14:717-26. 2012..Moreover, AKT-induced breast cancer cell migration was inhibited by USP4 depletion and TβRI kinase inhibition. Our results uncover USP4 as an important determinant for crosstalk between TGF-β and AKT signalling pathways...
- BRCA2 is ubiquitinated in vivo and interacts with USP11, a deubiquitinating enzyme that exhibits prosurvival function in the cellular response to DNA damageAlan R Schoenfeld
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1130, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:7444-55. 2004..to identify novel proteins that associate with the BRCA2 gene product, we found that a deubiquitinating enzyme, USP11, formed specific complexes with BRCA2...
- The deubiquitinating enzyme USP11 controls an IkappaB kinase alpha (IKKalpha)-p53 signaling pathway in response to tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha)Tomoko Yamaguchi
Department of Molecular Genetics, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Yushima 1 5 45, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:33943-8. 2007..The present studies show that a deubiquitinating enzyme, USP11, specifically regulates IkappaB kinase alpha (IKKalpha) among the NF-kappaB signaling molecules...
- USP11 stabilizes HPV-16E7 and further modulates the E7 biological activityChing Hui Lin
National Health Research Institutes, 35 Keyan Rd, Zhunan Town, Miaoli County 350, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 283:15681-8. 2008..Using the yeast two-hybrid system, we found that USP11 (ubiquitin-specific protease 11), a member of a protein family that cleaves polyubiquitin chains and/or ubiquitin ..
- USP11 negatively regulates TNFalpha-induced NF-kappaB activation by targeting on IkappaBalphaWenjing Sun
Texas Children s Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Cell Signal 22:386-94. 2010..Using a proteomic approach, we have identified Ubiquitin Specific Peptidase 11 (USP11) as an IkappaBalpha associated deubiquitinase. Overexpression of USP11 inhibits IkappaBalpha ubiquitination...
- Ubiquitin-specific proteases 7 and 11 modulate Polycomb regulation of the INK4a tumour suppressorGoedele N Maertens
Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, London, UK
EMBO J 29:2553-65. 2010..Here, we report that two ubiquitin-specific proteases, USP7 and USP11, co-purify with human PRC1-type complexes through direct interactions with the Psc orthologues MEL18 and BMI1, and ..
- Ubiquitination and deubiquitination of NP protein regulates influenza A virus RNA replicationTsai Ling Liao
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
EMBO J 29:3879-90. 2010..We observed that downregulation of a cellular deubiquitinating enzyme USP11 resulted in enhanced virus production, suggesting that USP11 could inhibit influenza virus replication...
- The differential modulation of USP activity by internal regulatory domains, interactors and eight ubiquitin chain typesAlex C Faesen
Division of Biochemistry and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Chem Biol 18:1550-61. 2011..USPs can hydrolyze all linkages and show modest Ub-chain preferences, although some show a lack of activity toward linear di-Ub. This comprehensive kinetic analysis highlights the variability within the USP family...
- Structural variability of the ubiquitin specific protease DUSP-UBL double domainsPaul R Elliott
The University of Liverpool, Institute of Integrative Biology, Biosciences Building, Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZB, United Kingdom
FEBS Lett 585:3385-90. 2011..We identified structural features that dictate different dispositions between constituent domains, which in turn may influence respective binding properties...
- USP11-dependent selective cIAP2 deubiquitylation and stabilization determine sensitivity to Smac mimeticsE W Lee
Department of Biochemistry, College of Life Science and Biotechnology, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Korea
Cell Death Differ 22:1463-76. 2015..Ubiquitin-specific protease 11 (USP11) is a deubiquitylase that directly stabilizes cIAP2...
- Ubiquitin-specific protease 11 (USP11) functions as a tumor suppressor through deubiquitinating and stabilizing VGLL4 proteinEncheng Zhang
Department of Urology, Shanghai General Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai JiaoTong University Shanghai, P R China
Am J Cancer Res 6:2901-2909. 2016..In this study, we identify deubiquitinating enzyme USP11 as a novel VGLL4 interactor...
- USP11, Deubiquitinating Enzyme, Associated with Neuronal Apoptosis Following Intracerebral HemorrhageZhiwei Xu
Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory for Inflammation and Molecular Drug Target, Medical College of Nantong University, Nantong, 226001, Jiangsu Province, China
J Mol Neurosci 58:16-27. 2016..b>USP11, located on the X chromosome, 6 is a member of USP subclass of the DUB family...
- Streamlining the Pipeline for Generation of Recombinant Affinity Reagents by Integrating the Affinity Maturation StepRenhua Huang
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 900 S Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Int J Mol Sci 16:23587-603. 2015..kinase kinase 5 (MAP2K5), Splicing factor 3A subunit 1 (SF3A1) and ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase 11 (USP11). The affinities of the resulting monobodies are typically in the single-digit nanomolar range...
- Evolution of the highly networked deubiquitinating enzymes USP4, USP15, and USP11Caitlyn Vlasschaert
Department of Biology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
BMC Evol Biol 15:230. 2015USP4, USP15 and USP11 are paralogous deubiquitinating enzymes as evidenced by structural organization and sequence similarity...
- USP11 Is a Negative Regulator to γH2AX Ubiquitylation by RNF8/RNF168Miao Yu
From the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Beijing Key Laboratory of Protein Posttranslational Modifications and Cell Function and
J Biol Chem 291:959-67. 2016..Here, we found that RNF8/RNF168 ubiquitylates γH2AX. We identified that USP11 is a unique deubiquitylation enzyme for γH2AX...
- A mechanism for the suppression of homologous recombination in G1 cellsAlexandre Orthwein
The Lunenfeld Tanenbaum Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Nature 528:422-6. 2015..6). PALB2 ubiquitylation suppresses its interaction with BRCA1 and is counteracted by the deubiquitylase USP11, which is itself under cell cycle control...
- Ubiquitin-specific protease 11 functions as a tumor suppressor by modulating Mgl-1 protein to regulate cancer cell growthKey Hwan Lim
Department of Biomedical Science, CHA University, Gyeonggi do 463 400, Republic of Korea
Oncotarget 7:14441-57. 2016..Here, we analyzed the ability of ubiquitin-specific protease 11 (USP11) as a novel regulator of Mgl-1 and it requires RanBPM to regulate proteasomal degradation of Mgl-1...
- USP11: A key regulator of cIAP2 stability and sensitivity to SMAC mimeticsEun Woo Lee
Department of Biochemistry College of Life Science and Biotechnology Yonsei University Seoul, Korea
Mol Cell Oncol 3:e1029829. 2016..We recently addressed a novel survival pathway in which cIAP2 is induced by tumor necrosis factor-α and is stabilized by its specific deubiquitylase, USP11, rendering cells resistant to SMAC mimetics.
- A novel Smac mimetic APG-1387 demonstrates potent antitumor activity in nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells by inducing apoptosisNing Li
Department of Experimental Research, State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Collaborative Innovation Center for Cancer Medicine, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou 510060, China
Cancer Lett 381:14-22. 2016..The in vitro antitumor effect was RIPK1-dependent, whereas it was independent on IAPs, USP11, or EBV...
- Destabilization of Lysophosphatidic Acid Receptor 1 Reduces Cytokine Release and Protects Against Lung InjuryJing Zhao
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Acute Lung Injury Center of Excellence, Vascular Medical Institute, United States Department of Cell Biology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, United States Electronic address
EBioMedicine 10:195-203. 2016..The stability of LPA1 is up-regulated by ubiquitin-specific protease 11 (USP11), which deubiquitinates LPA1 and enhances LPA1-mediated pro-inflammatory effects...
- Regulation of XIAP Turnover Reveals a Role for USP11 in Promotion of TumorigenesisZhuan Zhou
Department of Cell Biology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, United States
EBioMedicine . 2016..This led to the identification of USP11 as a critical determinant of mammary tumor initiation and progression...
- De-ubiquitinating enzyme, USP11, promotes transforming growth factor β-1 signaling through stabilization of transforming growth factor β receptor IIA M Jacko
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cell Death Dis 7:e2474. 2016..Here we reveal that a de-ubiquitinating enzyme, USP11, promotes TGFβ-1 signaling through de-ubiquitination and stabilization of TβRII...
- Structure and catalytic regulatory function of ubiquitin specific protease 11 N-terminal and ubiquitin-like domainsStephen Harper
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park Campus, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 53:2966-78. 2014The ubiquitin specific protease 11 (USP11) is implicated in DNA repair, viral RNA replication, and TGFβ signaling. We report the first characterization of the USP11 domain architecture and its role in regulating the enzymatic activity...
- Integrative functional genomics of hepatitis C virus infection identifies host dependencies in complete viral replication cycleQisheng Li
Liver Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 10:e1004163. 2014..enzyme UBE2J1, and 39 other host factors are required for HCV RNA replication, while the deubiquitinating enzyme USP11 and multiple other cellular genes are specifically involved in HCV IRES-mediated translation...
- USP11 regulates p53 stability by deubiquitinating p53Jia Ying Ke
College of Chemistry and Life Science, Quanzhou Normal University, Quanzhou 36200, China The Higher Educational Key Laboratory for Molecular Biology and Pharmacology of Fujian Province, Quanzhou 36200, China Xiamen Women and Children Health Hospital, Xiamen 361005, China Shouguang People s Hospital, Shouguang 262700, China Department of Orthopedics, Central Hospital of Zibo, Zibo 255000, China Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago 60102, Illinois, USA Department of Pathology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Quanzhou 36200, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 15:1032-8. 2014..To better understand the regulation of p53, we tested the interaction between p53 and USP11 using co-immunoprecipitation...
- Ubiquitin-specific Protease 11 (USP11) Deubiquitinates Hybrid Small Ubiquitin-like Modifier (SUMO)-Ubiquitin Chains to Counteract RING Finger Protein 4 (RNF4)Ivo A Hendriks
From the Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands and
J Biol Chem 290:15526-37. 2015..Using a proteomic approach, we identified the deubiquitinating enzyme ubiquitin-specific protease 11 (USP11), a known DDR-component, as a functional interactor of RNF4...
- USP11 regulates PML stability to control Notch-induced malignancy in brain tumoursHsin Chieh Wu
1 Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan 2 Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Nat Commun 5:3214. 2014..Here we identify USP11 as a PML regulator by RNAi screening...
- Mitoxantrone targets human ubiquitin-specific peptidase 11 (USP11) and is a potent inhibitor of pancreatic cancer cell survivalRichard A Burkhart
Thomas Jefferson University, 1015 Walnut Street, Curtis 611A, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Mol Cancer Res 11:901-11. 2013..Ubiquitin-specific peptidase 11 (USP11), an enzyme that interacts with the DDR protein BRCA2, was recently discovered to play a key role in DNA double-..
- Identification of hepatic microvascular adhesion-related genes of human colon cancer cells using random homozygous gene perturbationJoana Marquez
Department of Cellular Biology and Histology, Basque Country University School of Medicine and Dentistry, Leioa, Bizkaia, Spain
Int J Cancer 133:2113-22. 2013..DGCR8 and EFEMP1 genes) and their silenced status in nonadherent HT-29 cells (DGKE, DPY19L1, KIAA0753, PVR and USP11 genes)...
- M phase phosphorylation of the epigenetic regulator UHRF1 regulates its physical association with the deubiquitylase USP7 and stabilityHonghui Ma
Laboratory of Epigenetics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, and Department of Biochemistry, Fudan University Medical School, 138 YiXue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:4828-33. 2012..These findings identify a molecular mechanism by which cellular UHRF1 level is regulated, which may impact cell proliferation...
- Regulation of universal stress protein genes by quorum sensing and RpoS in Burkholderia glumaeHongsup Kim
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Bacteriol 194:982-92. 2012..glumae. In the whole genome of B. glumae BGR1, 11 usp genes (usp1 to usp11) were identified...
- A ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase gene on the proximal short arm of the X chromosome: implications for X-linked retinal disordersD A Swanson
Predoctoral Training Program in Human Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Hum Mol Genet 5:533-8. 1996..Additionally, there is evidence that members of the ubiquitin hydrolase family may play a role in oncogenesis and a locus implicated in ovarian cancer is also located within this region...
- UHX1 and PCTK1: precise characterisation and localisation within a gene-rich region in Xp11.23 and evaluation as candidate genes for retinal diseases mapped to Xp21.1-p11.2O Brandau
Abteilung für Medizinische Genetik, Kinderpoliklinik der Universität, Munchen, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 6:459-66. 1998The gene for ubiquitin hydrolase on the X chromosome (UHX1), cloned and mapped to Xp21.2-p11.2, is a candidate gene for retinal diseases...
- Deubiquitinating enzymes: a new class of biological regulatorsA D'ANDREA
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol 33:337-52. 1998..Here we explore the structural and biochemical properties of deubiquitinating enzymes and their emerging roles as cellular switches...
- Physical map covering a 2 Mb region in human xp11.3 distal to DX6849K L Stoddart
Department of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Gene 227:111-6. 1999..The contig is merged with published physical maps both in the distal and in the centromeric direction of Xp, and provides reagents to aid in the DNA sequencing and the finding of genes in this region of the human genome...
- An integrated, functionally annotated gene map of the DXS8026-ELK1 interval on human Xp11.3-Xp11.23: potential hotspot for neurogenetic disordersDawn L Thiselton
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College, London, EC1V 9EL, UK
Genomics 79:560-72. 2002..positioning 10 polymorphic microsatellites (one of which is novel), 16 ESTs, and 12 known genes (RP2, PCTK1, UHX1, UBE1, RBM10, ZNF157, SYN1, ARAF1, TIMP1, PFC, ELK1, UXT)...
- Isolation and characterization of the mouse ubiquitin-specific protease Usp15Corinne Angelats
Division of Molecular Medicine, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, GPO Box 334, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
Mamm Genome 14:31-46. 2003..Phylogenetic studies suggest that a sequence currently identified as a chicken Usp4 ortholog is in fact a USP15 ortholog, while bona-fide chicken, cow, and rat Usp4 orthologs can be identified in EST databases...
- Sensitivity to poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibition identifies ubiquitin-specific peptidase 11 (USP11) as a regulator of DNA double-strand break repairTimothy D Wiltshire
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 285:14565-71. 2010..This screen identified the deubiquitylating enzyme USP11 as a participant in HR repair of DNA double-strand breaks...
- Structure of the USP15 N-terminal domains: a β-hairpin mediates close association between the DUSP and UBL domainsStephen Harper
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park Campus, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 50:7995-8004. 2011..USP15 forms a subfamily with USP4 and USP11 related through a shared presence of N-terminal "domain present in ubiquitin specific proteases" (DUSP) and "..