Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: USH2A
Alias: RP39, US2, USH2, dJ1111A8.1, usherin, Usher syndrome 2A (autosomal recessive, mild), usher syndrome type IIa protein, usher syndrome type-2A protein
Publications176 found, 100 shown here
- Cultivation and partial characterization of bovine astrovirusD Aroonprasert
College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 4467
Vet Microbiol 19:113-25. 1989Bovine astrovirus serotype 2 (US2) was adapted to primary neonatal kidney cell (NBK) cultures by the addition of 50 micrograms ml-1 of trypsin in the medium...
- A hepatitis E virus variant from the United States: molecular characterization and transmission in cynomolgus macaquesJ C Erker
Virus Discovery Group, Experimental Biology Research, Abbott Laboratories, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
J Gen Virol 80:681-90. 1999..In this paper, we report the near full-length sequences of HEV-US1 and a second US isolate (HEV-US2). HEV-US2 was identified in a US patient suffering from acute viral hepatitis...
- Bardet-Biedl syndrome and Usher syndromeRainer Koenig
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Dev Ophthalmol 37:126-40. 2003..Currently, 6 USH genes (MYO7A, USH1C, CDH23, PCDH15, USH2A, USH3) have been identified...
- Molecular phylogeny of equine herpesvirus 1 isolates from onager, zebra and Thomson's gazelleY M Ghanem
Department of Applied Veterinary Sciences, United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, Gifu, Japan
Arch Virol 153:2297-302. 2008..genes for glycoproteins B (gB), I (gI), and E (gE), and teguments including ORF8 (UL51), ORF15 (UL45), and ORF68 (US2), the onager, Grevy's zebra and gazelle isolates formed a genetic group that was different from several horse EHV-1 ..
- Mutation of a gene encoding a protein with extracellular matrix motifs in Usher syndrome type IIaJ D Eudy
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Science 280:1753-7. 1998..Three biologically important mutations in Usher syndrome type IIa patients were identified in a gene (USH2A) isolated from this critical region. The USH2A gene encodes a protein with a predicted size of 171...
- A mutation (2314delG) in the Usher syndrome type IIA gene: high prevalence and phenotypic variationX Z Liu
Am J Hum Genet 64:1221-5. 1999
- Genomic structure and identification of novel mutations in usherin, the gene responsible for Usher syndrome type IIaM D Weston
Department of Genetics, Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha, NE, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:1199-210. 2000..The intron/exon organization of the gene whose protein we name "Usherin" was determined by direct sequencing of PCR products and cloned genomic DNA with cDNA-specific primers...
- Three novel mutations and twelve polymorphisms identified in the USH2A gene in Israeli USH2 familiesA Adato
Department of Human Genetics, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University Ramat Aviv 69978, Israel
Hum Mutat 15:388. 2000..Moderate to severe sensorineural hearing loss and progressive RP characterizes Usher syndrome type IIa (USH2A), which maps to the long arm of chromosome 1q41...
- Missense mutation in the USH2A gene: association with recessive retinitis pigmentosa without hearing lossC Rivolta
Ocular Molecular Genetics Institute and the Berman Gund Laboratory for the Study of Retinal Degenerations, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA, 02114, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:1975-8. 2000Microdeletions Glu767(1-bp del), Thr967(1-bp del), and Leu1446(2-bp del) in the human USH2A gene have been reported to cause Usher syndrome type II, a disorder characterized by retinitis pigmentosa (RP) and mild-to-severe hearing loss...
- Identification of novel USH2A mutations: implications for the structure of USH2A proteinB Dreyer
Department of Medical Genetics, University Hospital and University of Tromsø, Norway
Eur J Hum Genet 8:500-6. 2000..Mutations in the USH2A gene, located on 1q41, were recently shown to be responsible for Usher syndrome type IIa...
- Spectrum of mutations in USH2A in British patients with Usher syndrome type IIB P Leroy
Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Ophthalmology, London, UK
Exp Eye Res 72:503-9. 2001..Mutations in a novel gene, USH2A, encoding the protein usherin, have recently been shown to be associated with USHII...
- A common ancestral origin of the frequent and widespread 2299delG USH2A mutationB Dreyer
Department of Medical Genetics, University Hospital and University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Am J Hum Genet 69:228-34. 2001..The mutation that most commonly causes Usher syndrome type IIa is a 1-bp deletion, described as "2299delG," in the USH2A gene...
- Localization and expression of usherin: a novel basement membrane protein defective in people with Usher's syndrome type IIaGautam Bhattacharya
Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha, NE, USA
Hear Res 163:1-11. 2002..Here we report that this protein, which we refer to as usherin, is a new basement membrane protein. In the mouse, usherin has a broad, but not ubiquitous, tissue distribution...
- Mutations in myosin VIIA (MYO7A) and usherin (USH2A) in Spanish patients with Usher syndrome types I and II, respectivelyCarmen Najera
Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Hum Mutat 20:76-7. 2002..The most frequently mutated genes are MYO7A, which causes USH1B, and usherin, which causes USH2A. We carried out a mutation analysis of these two genes in the Spanish population...
- Usherin expression is highly conserved in mouse and human tissuesNicole Pearsall
Boys Town National Research Hospital, 555 No 30th St, Omaha, NE, USA
Hear Res 174:55-63. 2002..b>Usherin is a basement membrane protein encoded by the USH2A gene...
- Mutations in USH2A in Spanish patients with autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa: high prevalence and phenotypic variationS Bernal
Servei de Genètica, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
J Med Genet 40:e8. 2003
- A domain-specific usherin/collagen IV interaction may be required for stable integration into the basement membrane superstructureGautam Bhattacharya
Usher Syndrome Center, Boys Town National Research Hospital, 555 No 30th Street, Omaha, Nebraska, 68131, USA
J Cell Sci 117:233-42. 2004b>Usherin is a basement membrane protein encoded by the gene associated with Usher syndrome type IIa, the most common deaf/blind disorder...
- Genetic analysis of 2299delG and C759F mutations (USH2A) in patients with visual and/or auditory impairmentsElena Aller
Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de C Biológicas, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Eur J Hum Genet 12:407-10. 2004The most common mutation in the USH2A gene (Usherin), 2299delG, causes both typical Usher (USH) syndrome type II and atypical USH syndrome, two autosomal recessive disorders, characterised by moderate to severe sensorineural hearing loss ..
- Identification of 51 novel exons of the Usher syndrome type 2A (USH2A) gene that encode multiple conserved functional domains and that are mutated in patients with Usher syndrome type IIErwin Van Wijk
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Hum Genet 74:738-44. 2004The USH2A gene is mutated in patients with Usher syndrome type IIa, which is the most common subtype of Usher syndrome and is characterized by hearing loss and retinitis pigmentosa...
- USH2A mutation analysis in 70 Dutch families with Usher syndrome type IIRonald J E Pennings
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, UMC Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Mutat 24:185. 2004..Three loci are known for USH2, however, only the gene for USH2a (USH2A) has been identified. Mutation analysis of USH2A was performed in 70 Dutch USH2 families...
- Usherin, the defective protein in Usher syndrome type IIA, is likely to be a component of interstereocilia ankle links in the inner ear sensory cellsAvital Adato
Unité de Génétique des Déficits Sensoriels, INSERM U587, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 14:3921-32. 2005..It is the most common genetic form of USH. USH2A encodes usherin, which was previously defined as a basement membrane protein...
- The DFNB31 gene product whirlin connects to the Usher protein network in the cochlea and retina by direct association with USH2A and VLGR1Erwin Van Wijk
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 15:751-65. 2006..of whirlin are widely and differentially expressed, and we provide evidence that whirlin directly associates with USH2A isoform b and VLGR1b, two proteins that we previously reported to be part of the Usher protein interactome...
- Molecular basis of human Usher syndrome: deciphering the meshes of the Usher protein network provides insights into the pathomechanisms of the Usher diseaseJan Reiners
Institute of Zoology, Department of Cell and Matrix Biology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Müllerweg 6, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
Exp Eye Res 83:97-119. 2006..The two USH2 genes code for the transmembrane protein USH2A, also termed USH2A ("usherin") and the G-protein-coupled 7-transmembrane receptor VLGR1b (USH2C), respectively, whereas the USH3A gene encodes ..
- Identification of 14 novel mutations in the long isoform of USH2A in Spanish patients with Usher syndrome type IIE Aller
Unit of Genetics, Hospital La Fe, Avda Campanar, 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
J Med Genet 43:e55. 2006Mutations in USH2A gene have been shown to be responsible for Usher syndrome type II, an autosomal recessive disorder characterised by hearing loss and retinitis pigmentosa...
- Novel USH2A mutations in Israeli patients with retinitis pigmentosa and Usher syndrome type 2Nadia Kaiserman
Department of Ophthalmology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Arch Ophthalmol 125:219-24. 2007To identify USH2A mutations in Israeli patients with autosomal-recessive Usher syndrome type 2 (USH2) and retinitis pigmentosa (RP).
- Usherin is required for maintenance of retinal photoreceptors and normal development of cochlear hair cellsXiaoqing Liu
Berman Gund Laboratory for the Study of Retinal Degenerations and Eaton Peabody Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:4413-8. 2007..In this article, we show that the USH2A protein, also known as usherin, is an exceptionally large ( approximately 600-kDa) matrix protein expressed specifically in retinal ..
- Molecular and in silico analyses of the full-length isoform of usherin identify new pathogenic alleles in Usher type II patientsDavid Baux
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Montpellier, Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Montpellier, France
Hum Mutat 28:781-9. 2007The usherin gene (USH2A) has been screened for mutations causing Usher syndrome type II (USH2)...
- Spectrum of USH2A mutations in Scandinavian patients with Usher syndrome type IIBo Dreyer
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsø, NO 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Hum Mutat 29:451. 2008..most common subtype, is defined by mutations in the USH2A gene encoding a short and a recently discovered long usherin isoform comprising 21 and 73 exons, respectively...
- Four USH2A founder mutations underlie the majority of Usher syndrome type 2 cases among non-Ashkenazi JewsNoa Auslender
Department of Genetics and The Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Genet Test 12:289-94. 2008..USH2A is composed of 72 exons, encoding for usherin, an extracellular matrix protein, which plays an important role in the development and maintenance of ..
- Usher syndromes due to MYO7A, PCDH15, USH2A or GPR98 mutations share retinal disease mechanismSamuel G Jacobson
Department of Ophthalmology, Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:2405-15. 2008..Humans with PCDH15 (USH1F), USH2A or GPR98 (USH2C) had a similar retinal phenotype to MYO7A (USH1B)...
- UMD-USHbases: a comprehensive set of databases to record and analyse pathogenic mutations and unclassified variants in seven Usher syndrome causing genesDavid Baux
CHU Montpellier, Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Montpellier, F 34000, France
Hum Mutat 29:E76-87. 2008..of nucleotide variations for seven genes involved in Usher syndrome (MYO7A, CDH23, PCDH15, USH1C, USH1G, USH3A and USH2A)...
- An USH2A founder mutation is the major cause of Usher syndrome type 2 in Canadians of French origin and confirms common roots of Quebecois and AcadiansInga Ebermann
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 17:80-4. 2009..investigated nine USH2 families from Quebec and New Brunswick (the former Acadia) by haplotype analyses of the USH2A locus and sequencing of the three known USH2 genes. Seven USH2A mutations were identified in eight patients...
- Identification of five novel mutations in the long isoform of the USH2A gene in Chinese families with Usher syndrome type IIHanjun Dai
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 14:2067-75. 2008..Mutations in the USH2A gene have been shown to be responsible for most cases of USH2...
- Identification of 11 novel mutations in USH2A among Japanese patients with Usher syndrome type 2H Nakanishi
Department of Otolaryngology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Clin Genet 76:383-91. 2009..USH type 2 (USH2) is the most common type of USH and is frequently caused by mutations in USH2A, which accounts for 74-90% of USH2 cases...
- Mutation analysis in the long isoform of USH2A in American patients with Usher Syndrome type IIDenise Yan
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Hum Genet 54:732-8. 2009..To identify novel mutations and determine the frequency of USH2A mutations as a cause of USH2, we have carried out mutation screening of all 72 coding exons and exon-intron splice ..
- The USH2A c.2299delG mutation: dating its common origin in a Southern European populationElena Aller
Unidad de Genetica, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Eur J Hum Genet 18:788-93. 2010..It encodes two isoforms of the protein usherin. This protein is part of an interactome that has an essential role in the development and function of inner ear ..
- Novel USH2A compound heterozygous mutations cause RP/USH2 in a Chinese familyXiaowen Liu
the Union Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, P R China
Mol Vis 16:454-61. 2010..To identify the disease-causing gene in a four-generation Chinese family affected with retinitis pigmentosa (RP)...
- PDZD7 is a modifier of retinal disease and a contributor to digenic Usher syndromeInga Ebermann
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Clin Invest 120:1812-23. 2010..In a set of sisters, each with a homozygous mutation in USH2A, a frame-shift mutation in PDZD7 was present in the sister with more severe RP and earlier disease onset...
- Novel mutations in the long isoform of the USH2A gene in patients with Usher syndrome type II or non-syndromic retinitis pigmentosaTerri L McGee
Ocular Molecular Genetics Institute, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Med Genet 47:499-506. 2010..Mutations in the USH2A gene are the most common cause of USH2 and are also a cause of some forms of RP without hearing loss (ie, non-..
- Development of a diagnostic genetic test for simplex and autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosaGraeme Richard Clark
Centre for Vision and Vascular Science, Queen s University, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Ophthalmology 117:2169-77.e3. 2010..The goal of this study therefore was to develop a high-throughput screen capable of detecting both known mutations and novel mutations within all genes implicated in autosomal recessive or simplex RP...
- Novel USH2A mutations in Japanese Usher syndrome type 2 patients: marked differences in the mutation spectrum between the Japanese and other populationsHiroshi Nakanishi
Department of Otolaryngology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
J Hum Genet 56:484-90. 2011..USH type 2 (USH2) is the most common type of USH and is frequently caused by mutations in USH2A. In a recent mutation screening of USH2A in Japanese USH2 patients, we identified 11 novel mutations in 10 ..
- Seven novel mutations in the long isoform of the USH2A gene in Chinese families with nonsyndromic retinitis pigmentosa and Usher syndrome Type IIWenjun Xu
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Eye Center, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Key Laboratory, Beijing, China
Mol Vis 17:1537-52. 2011To describe the clinical and genetic findings in one Chinese family with autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa (arRP) and in three unrelated Chinese families with Usher syndrome type II (USH2).
- Mutational screening of the USH2A gene in Spanish USH patients reveals 23 novel pathogenic mutationsGema García-García
Grupo de Investigación en Enfermedades Neurosensoriales, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria IIS La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Orphanet J Rare Dis 6:65. 2011..Among the three genes implicated, mutations in the USH2A gene account for 74-90% of the USH2 cases.
- Usher syndrome type 2 caused by activation of an USH2A pseudoexon: implications for diagnosis and therapyChristel Vache
CHU Montpellier, Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Montpellier, France
Hum Mutat 33:104-8. 2012b>USH2A sequencing in three affected members of a large family, referred for the recessive USH2 syndrome, identified a single pathogenic alteration in one of them and a different mutation in the two affected nieces...
- Non-USH2A mutations in USH2 patientsThomas Besnard
CHU Montpellier, Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire, Montpellier, France
Hum Mutat 33:504-10. 2012..In contrast to mutations in usherin, the mutational spectrum of GPR98 predominantly results in a truncated protein product...
- Targeted exome sequencing identified novel USH2A mutations in Usher syndrome familiesXiu Feng Huang
Division of Ophthalmic Genetics, Laboratory for Stem Cell and Retinal Regeneration, The Eye Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, China
PLoS ONE 8:e63832. 2013..Eleven mutations, eight of them were novel, in the USH2A gene were identified. Biparental mutations in USH2A were revealed in 2 families with pseudo-dominant inheritance...
- Screening for duplications, deletions and a common intronic mutation detects 35% of second mutations in patients with USH2A monoallelic mutations on Sanger sequencingHeather B Steele-Stallard
UCL Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Orphanet J Rare Dis 8:122. 2013..It is divided into three subtypes, of which the most common is Usher type 2, and the USH2A gene accounts for 75-80% of cases...
- Whole-exome sequencing identifies novel compound heterozygous mutations in USH2A in Spanish patients with autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosaCristina Méndez-Vidal
Department of Genetics, Reproduction and Fetal Medicine, Institute of Biomedicine of Seville, University Hospital Virgen del Rocío CSIC University of Seville, Seville, Spain Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Raras CIBERER, Seville, Spain
Mol Vis 19:2187-95. 2013..In the present study, we investigated the genetic cause of autosomal recessive RP (arRP) in a Spanish family in which the causal mutation has not yet been identified with primer extension technology and resequencing...
- Paternal uniparental heterodisomy with partial isodisomy of chromosome 1 in a patient with retinitis pigmentosa without hearing loss and a missense mutation in the Usher syndrome type II gene USH2ACarlo Rivolta
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:1566-71. 2002..To evaluate a form of nonmendelian inheritance in a patient with retinitis pigmentosa (RP)...
- Comprehensive screening of the USH2A gene in Usher syndrome type II and non-syndromic recessive retinitis pigmentosaBabak Jian Seyedahmadi
Ocular Molecular Genetics Institute, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 79:167-73. 2004A screen of the entire coding region of the USH2A gene in 129 unrelated patients with Usher syndrome type II (USH2) and in 146 unrelated patients with non-syndromic autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa (ARRP) uncovered 54 different ..
- Microarray-based mutation analysis of 183 Spanish families with Usher syndromeTeresa Jaijo
Unidad de Genética Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:1311-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to test the ability of the genotyping microarray for Usher syndrome (USH) to identify the mutations responsible for the disease in a cohort of 183 patients with USH...
- Scaffold protein harmonin (USH1C) provides molecular links between Usher syndrome type 1 and type 2Jan Reiners
Department of Cell and Matrix Biology, Institute of Zoology, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 14:3933-43. 2005..and genetically heterogeneous with at least 11 chromosomal loci assigned to the three USH types (USH1A-G, USH2A-C, USH3A)...
- Clinical and genetic studies in Spanish patients with Usher syndrome type II: description of new mutations and evidence for a lack of genotype--phenotype correlationS Bernal
Servei de Genètica, Universidad de Vigo, Vigo, Spain
Clin Genet 68:204-14. 2005..Ophthalmologic, vestibular and audiometric examination along with a mutation analysis of the USH2A gene (exons 1--21) was performed in twenty-eight Spanish USH2 patients...
- Update on the molecular genetics of retinitis pigmentosaQ Wang
Center for Molecular Genetics, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 22:133-54. 2001..4. Autosomal recessive genes include RPE65 on chromosome 1p31, ABCA4 on 1p21-13, CRB1 on 1q31-32.1, USH2A on 1q41, MERTK on 2q14.1, SAG on 2q37.1, RHO on 3q21-24, PDE6B on 4p16.3, CNGA1 on 4p14-q13, PDE6A on 5q31...
- A novel gene for Usher syndrome type 2: mutations in the long isoform of whirlin are associated with retinitis pigmentosa and sensorineural hearing lossInga Ebermann
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital of Cologne, Kerpener Str 34, 50931 Cologne, Germany
Hum Genet 121:203-11. 2007..Whirlin represents an excellent candidate for USH2 because it binds to Usherin (USH2A) and VLGR1b (USH2C)...
- Rotavirus infections and vaccines: burden of illness and potential impact of vaccinationKeith Grimwood
Queensland Paediatric Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, The University of Queensland, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston Road, Herston, QLD 4029, Australia
Paediatr Drugs 12:235-56. 2010..child dies because of rotavirus infection and another four are hospitalized, at an annual societal cost in 2007 of $US2 billion...
- Pharmacoeconomic analysis of oral antifungal therapies used to treat dermatophyte onychomycosis of the toenails. A US analysisA K Gupta
Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook Health Science Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 13:243-56. 1998..The corresponding cost per SFD was griseofulvin $US7.05, itraconazole (continuous) $US2.18, itraconazole (pulse) $US1.26, terbinafine $US1.28 and fluconazole $US2.12...
- [Investigation of herpes simplex virus in viral meningoencephalitis suspected cases using molecular and serological methods]Alper Akcali
Refik Saydam Hıfzıssıhha Merkezi Başkanlığı, Salgin Hastaliklar Araştirma Müdürlügü, Viroloji Laboratuvar Sefliği, Ankara
Mikrobiyol Bul 42:421-8. 2008..propagated in Vero cell line and PCR with different primer sets against HSV-1 and HSV-2 (specific for US7 and US2 gene regions, respectively) were used to investigate the presence of HSV in CSF...
- The Marek's disease virus (MDV) unique short region: alphaherpesvirus-homologous, fowlpox virus-homologous, and MDV-specific genesP Brunovskis
Department of Microbiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824 1101
Virology 206:324-38. 1995..These include MDV counterparts of HSV US1 (ICP22), US2, US3 (a serine-threonine protein kinase), US6, US7, and US8 (HSV glycoproteins gD, gI, and gE, respectively), and ..
- CD4 glycoprotein degradation induced by human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpu protein requires the function of proteasomes and the ubiquitin-conjugating pathwayU Schubert
Laboratories of Molecular Microbiology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0440, USA
J Virol 72:2280-8. 1998..In contrast to other viral proteins (human cytomegalovirus US2 and US11), however, whose translocation of host ER molecules into the cytosol occurs in the presence of proteasome ..
- Identification and transcriptional mapping of genes encoded at the IR/Us junction of equine herpesvirus type 1C A Breeden
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport 71130 3932
Virology 191:649-60. 1992..5-kDa protein of 303 amino acids that exhibits 29% identity to the US2 protein of herpes simplex virus 1. EUS1 is expressed as a 2...
- Patent extension policy for paediatric indications: an evaluation of the impact within three drug classes in a state Medicaid programmeRichard E Nelson
School of Medicine, University of Utah, Division of Epidemiology, Salt Lake City, Utah 84148, USA
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 9:171-81. 2011..Branded drugs in the statin, ACE inhibitor and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) classes were three of many classes with drugs granted patent extensions...
- Amorphization alone does not account for the enhancement of solubility of drug co-ground with silicate: the case of indomethacinDeepak Bahl
School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, 06269, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:146-53. 2008The solubility advantage of indomethacin amorphized by co-grinding with Neusilin US2 in various media was investigated...
- A review of the economics of the prevention and control of rabies. Part 1: Global impact and rabies in humansM I Meltzer
National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 14:365-83. 1998..The costs (1995 values) of PEP range from $US1707 per person in Massachusetts, US, to $US2.50 for a complete series of vaccinations (without immunoglobulin) using sheep-derived vaccines in Karachi, Pakistan...
- [Molecular genetics of pigmentary retinopathies: identification of mutations in CHM, RDS, RHO, RPE65, USH2A and XLRS1 genes]C P Hamel
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie, INSERM U 254, 71, rue de Navacelles, 34090 Montpellier
J Fr Ophtalmol 23:985-95. 2000..To characterize genes and mutations causing these conditions...
- Protection of chickens against very virulent infectious bursal disease virus (IBDV) and Marek's disease virus (MDV) with a recombinant MDV expressing IBDV VP2K Tsukamoto
Department of Virology, National Institute of Animal Health, Tsukuba, Japan
Virology 257:352-62. 1999..virus (MDV) CVI-988 strain expressing infectious bursal disease virus (IBDV) host-protective antigen VP2 at the US2 site (rMDV) was developed under the control of an SV40 early promoter...
- Human cytomegalovirus US3 chimeras containing US2 cytosolic residues acquire major histocompatibility class I and II protein degradation propertiesMathieu S Chevalier
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Virol 77:4731-8. 2003Human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) glycoprotein US2 increases the proteasome-mediated degradation of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I heavy chain (HC), class II DR-alpha and DM-alpha proteins, and HFE, a nonclassical MHC protein...
- Molecular characterization of two Pepino mosaic virus variants from imported tomato seed reveals high levels of sequence identity between Chilean and US isolatesKai Shu Ling
U S Vegetable Laboratory, USDA ARS, 2700 Savannah Highway, Charleston, SC 29414, USA
Virus Genes 34:1-8. 2007..Recent genome nucleotide sequences from two US isolates (US1 and US2) however showed much greater sequence divergence from that of the European PepMV isolates...
- Demand forecasting for preventive AIDS vaccines: economic and policy dimensionsRobert Hecht
International AIDS Vaccine Initiative IAVI, New York, New York, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 26:679-97. 2008..A demand-forecasting model provides a valuable tool that can guide R&D spending decisions and identify policy actions to help achieve these goals...
- A review of the economics of the prevention and control of rabies. Part 2: Rabies in dogs, livestock and wildlifeM I Meltzer
National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 14:481-98. 1998..In developing countries, estimates range from $US0.52 in Thailand, to $US1.19 in the Philippines, to $US2.70 in Malawi. None of these estimates include indirect costs accured by the pet owners...
- Oral solid gentamicin preparation using emulsifier and adsorbentYukako Ito
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Yamashina ku, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
J Control Release 105:23-31. 2005..The used adsorbents were microporous calcium silicate (Florite RE), magnesium alminometa silicate (Neusilin US2), and silicon dioxide (Sylysia 320)...
- Use of the internet and self-collected samples as a sexually transmissible infection intervention in rural Illinois communitiesWiley D Jenkins
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Springfield, IL 62791 9671, USA
Sex Health 8:79-85. 2011..Morbidity associated with infection remains a public health concern, with costs of $US2.5+ billion annually...
- Effect of adsorbents on the absorption of lansoprazole with surfactantYukako Ito
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, 5 Misasagi Nakauchicho, Yamashina ku, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Pharm 289:69-77. 2005..As adsorbant, porous silicon dioxide (Sylysia 550, 320), magnesium aluminometa silicate (Neusilin S2, NS2N, US2) and porous calcium silicate (Florite RE) were used. After small intestinal administration of LPZ, 5...
- CLRN1 is nonessential in the mouse retina but is required for cochlear hair cell developmentScott F Geller
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
PLoS Genet 5:e1000607. 2009..In contrast to mouse KO models of USH1 and USH2, our data indicate that Clrn1 expression in the retina is restricted to the Müller glia...
- An evaluation of portable high-efficiency particulate air filtration for expedient patient isolation in epidemic and emergency responseKenneth Mead
Division of Applied Research and Technology, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
Ann Emerg Med 44:635-45. 2004..The cost of constructing the expedient configurations was less than US2,300 dollars and required fewer than 3 person-hours to construct...
- Latent cytomegalovirus down-regulates major histocompatibility complex class II expression on myeloid progenitorsBarry Slobedman
Center for Virus Research, Westmead Millennium Institute and University of Sydney, Westmead, Australia
Blood 100:2867-73. 2002..A recombinant virus (RV798) lacking the virus genes US2-US11 retained the ability to downmodulate MHC class II levels during latent infection...
- Anaerobic oxidation of 2-chloroethanol under denitrifying conditions by Pseudomonas stutzeri strain JJJ A Dijk
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Hesselink van Suchtelenweg 4, 6703 CT Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 63:68-74. 2003..Only three strains, Pseudomonas stutzeri strain LMD 76.42, Pseudomonas putida US2 and Xanthobacter autotrophicus GJ10, grew aerobically on 2-chloroethanol...
- Endoplasmic reticulum chaperones participate in human cytomegalovirus US2-mediated degradation of class I major histocompatibility complex moleculesKristina Oresic
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Gen Virol 89:1122-30. 2008..The HCMV US2 and US11 gene products induce class I downregulation during the early phase of HCMV infection by facilitating the ..
- Mapping of the choroideremia-like (CHML) gene at 1q42-qter and mutation analysis in patients with Usher syndrome type IIH von Bokhoven
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Genomics 19:385-7. 1994The human choroideremia-like (CHML) gene and a locus for Usher syndrome type 2 (USH2) were recently mapped to the 1q31-qter region employing physical mapping and genetic linkage studies, respectively...
- Cost effectiveness of selective decontamination of the digestive tract in liver transplant patientsP J van Enckevort
Office of Medical Technology Assessment, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Pharmacoeconomics 19:523-30. 2001..To assess the cost effectiveness of selective decontamination of the digestive tract (SDD) in liver transplant patients...
- Horizontal transmission of Marek's disease virus requires US2, the UL13 protein kinase, and gCKeith W Jarosinski
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Virol 81:10575-87. 2007..of most MDV BACs, including pRB-1B-5, derived from a very virulent MDV strain, involved replacement of the US2 gene with mini-F vector sequences...
- Genetic counseling in Usher syndrome: linkage and mutational analysis of 10 Colombian familiesM L Tamayo
Instituto de Genetica Humana, Universidad Javeriana, Bogota, Colombia
Genet Couns 19:15-27. 2008..All six US2 families showed linkage to locus USH2A. Of them, 4 had c...
- Deletion mutant of human cytomegalovirus lacking US2-US6 and US11 maintains MHC class I expression and antigen presentation by infected dendritic cellsSusanne Schempp
Institut für Medizinische Virologie und Epidemiologie der Viruskrankheiten, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Elfriede Aulhorn Str 6, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Virus Res 155:446-54. 2011A HCMV mutant of endothelial- and DC-tropic strain TB40/E lacking the described MHC downregulating genes US2-6 and US11 (RVTB40/E(4)ΔUS11) was generated...
- Identification of two genes in the unique short region of pseudorabies virus; comparison with herpes simplex virus and varicella-zoster virusM van Zijl
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
J Gen Virol 71:1747-55. 1990..Part of the amino acid sequence of 28K is homologous to the predicted US2 protein of HSV-1. Northern blot analysis revealed a 2.7 kb mRNA encoding the putative protein kinase and a 1...
- Hearing loss in the RBF/DnJ mouse, a proposed animal model of Usher syndrome type IIaS Pieke-Dahl
Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha, NE 68131, USA
Hear Res 112:1-12. 1997..We evaluated rd3 as a candidate for orthology with USH2A by first reducing and refining the relatively broad region in which rd3 is thought to reside...
- Marek's disease virus (MDV) encodes an interleukin-8 homolog (vIL-8): characterization of the vIL-8 protein and a vIL-8 deletion mutant MDVM S Parcells
Center of Excellence for Poultry Science, Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701, USA
J Virol 75:5159-73. 2001..virus, and to another recombinant MDV containing the insertion of a GFP expression cassette at the nonessential US2 gene. RB1BvIL-8DeltasmGFP retained oncogenicity, albeit at a greatly reduced level...
- Analysis of the complete genome of indigenous swine hepatitis E virus isolated in JapanH Okamoto
Immunology Division and Division of Molecular Virology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi ken, 329 0498, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 289:929-36. 2001..and swJ791) showed the highest similarity of 83-87% to genotype III HEV representing human and swine strains (US1, US2, and swUS1) in the United States...
- Willingness to pay for cataract surgery in two regions of TanzaniaS Lewallen
Kilimanjaro Centre for Community Ophthalmology, PO Box 2254, Tumaini University KCMC, Moshi, Tanzania
Br J Ophthalmol 90:11-3. 2006..The authors sought to learn about willingness to pay for cataract surgery in two separate regions of Tanzania...
- Dissimilar molecular defense responses are elicited in Triticum aestivum after infestation by different Diuraphis noxia biotypesDewald Zaayman
Department of Genetics, Forestry and Agricultural Biotechnology Institute, University of Pretoria, Hillcrest, Pretoria, South Africa
Physiol Plant 136:209-22. 2009..gene Dn7 by comparing responses following infestation with three different aphid biotypes (RWA-SA, RWA-US1 and RWA-US2)...
- Utilization of adsorption technique in the development of oral delivery system of lipid based nanoparticlesSubhashis Chakraborty
Department of Pharmaceutics, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, Uttar Pradesh, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 81:563-9. 2010..Nanoparticles were then adsorbed by passing the nanodispersion through a Neusilin US2 (adsorbent) column...
- Cost-benefit analysis of active vaccination campaigns against hepatitis A among daycare centre personnel in IsraelG Chodick
Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Pharmacoeconomics 19:281-91. 2001..To evaluate, in economic terms, active vaccination campaigns against hepatitis A in comparison with the use of nonspecific immune globulin for the prevention of the disease among daycare centre employees in Israel...
- Comparative assessment of immunomodulating therapies for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosisOmar Khan
Department of Neurology, Multiple Sclerosis Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, D University Health Center, 4201 St Antoine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
CNS Drugs 16:563-78. 2002..In a pharmaceutical environment with an estimated worldwide market of $US2.5 billion annually for RRMS, comparative studies are understandably provocative, but at the same time provide ..
- Serial audiometry and speech recognition findings in Finnish Usher syndrome type III patientsR F Plantinga
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, UMC St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Audiol Neurootol 10:79-89. 2005..showed a highly variable type and degree of progressive sensorineural hearing impairment: from normal to moderate USH2A-like hearing impairment at young ages to profound or even USH1B-like hearing impairment at more advanced ages...
- Human cytomegalovirus US9 protein contains an N-terminal signal sequence and a C-terminal mitochondrial localization domain, and does not alter cellular sensitivity to apoptosisLana Mandic
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Health Sciences Addition HSA320, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A 5C1, Canada
J Gen Virol 90:1172-82. 2009The human cytomegalovirus (CMV) US2-US11 genomic region contains a cluster of genes whose products interfere with antigen presentation by the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) proteins...
- Evasion of CD8+ T cells is critical for superinfection by cytomegalovirusScott G Hansen
Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 Northwest 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Science 328:102-6. 2010..of major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC-I) antigen presentation, particularly the homologs of human CMV US2, 3, 6, and 11...
- Complete genomic RNA sequence of the Polish Pepino mosaic virus isolate belonging to the US2 strainBeata Hasiów
Department of Virology and Bacteriology, Institute of Plant Protection, Miczurina 20, 60 318 Poznan, Poland
Virus Genes 36:209-14. 2008..This high level of nucleotide sequence identity between the Chilean and Polish PepMV-PK isolates suggest their common origin...
- Disruption of CNTNAP2 and additional structural genome changes in a boy with speech delay and autism spectrum disorderMartin Poot
Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Mail stop KC 04 084 2, P O Box 85090, 3508, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurogenetics 11:81-9. 2010..Second, we found another de novo deletion on chromosome 1q41, containing 15 annotated genes, including KCTD3 and USH2A. Disruptions of the CNTNAP2 gene have been associated with ASD and with Gilles de la Tourette syndrome (GTS)...
- Prevalence of 2314delG mutation in Spanish patients with Usher syndrome type II (USH2)M M Beneyto
Unidad de Genética y Diagnóstico Prenatal, Hospital La Fe, Spain
Ophthalmic Genet 21:123-8. 2000..genetic heterogeneity among the three types of USH, with the majority of USH2 families showing linkage to the USH2A locus in 1q41...
- Human cytomegalovirus-encoded US2 differentially affects surface expression of MHC class I locus products and targets membrane-bound, but not soluble HLA-G1 for degradationMartine T Barel
Department of Medical Microbiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol 171:6757-65. 2003..We focused on the HCMV unique short (US) region encoded protein US2, which binds to newly synthesized MHC class I H chains and supports their dislocation to the cytosol for subsequent ..
- Human cytomegalovirus US7, US8, US9, and US10 are cytoplasmic glycoproteins, not found at cell surfaces, and US9 does not mediate cell-to-cell spreadMary T Huber
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Virol 76:5748-58. 2002..The best characterized of these are the glycoproteins encoded within the US2 to US11 region of the HCMV genome that mediate resistance to CD8(+) and CD4(+) T cells...
- Binding of human cytomegalovirus US2 to major histocompatibility complex class I and II proteins is not sufficient for their degradationMathieu S Chevalier
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
J Virol 76:8265-75. 2002Human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) glycoprotein US2 causes degradation of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I heavy-chain (HC), class II DR-alpha and DM-alpha proteins, and HFE, a nonclassical MHC protein...
- ASSEMBLY OF MHC CLASS I MOLECULES IN VITRO AND IN VIVOHidde Ploegh; Fiscal Year: 2007..The stable membrane insertion or assembly of MHC class I molecules is targeted by HCMV through expression of the US2 and US11 gene products...
- Muna I Naash; Fiscal Year: 2016..full phenotypic rescue in large gene disease models;specifically the Abca4-/- model of STGD1 and two models (Ush2a-/- and Ush2a c2299delG knock-in) associated with usher syndrome type 2 (USH2) (Aim 3)...
- Jun Yang; Fiscal Year: 2015..The main focus of this proposal is the formation and new components of the protein complex composed of USH2A, VLGR1 and WHRN in photoreceptors...
- USHERIN: STRUCTURAL AND FUNCTIONAL ANALYSISDOMINIC E COSGROVE; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal tests the hypothesis that the functional connection is a process called protein translocation, which may pinpoint the defective process that causes deafness and blindness in Usher patients. ..
- BILLY GERALD HUDSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..It contains binding sites for usherin, a defective protein in Usher syndrome, for bacterial Dr adhesins in chronic pyelonephritis, and for integrins...
- Identification of Inhibitors that Stabilize ER Degradation SubstratesDomenico Tortorella; Fiscal Year: 2012..In fact, how proteins are extracted from the ER in mammalian cells was initially characterized using HCMV US2- and US11-expressing cells and this cell system continues to identify key ERAD components...
- Down-regulation of MHC class l molecules by HCMV US2Domenico Tortorella; Fiscal Year: 2009..HCMV encoded gene products from the unique short region of the genome US2, US3, US6 and US11 interfere with CTL recognition of HCMV-infected cells by preventing the surface expression of ..
- ASSEMBLY OF MHC CLASS I MOLECULES IN VITRO AND IN VIVOHidde L Ploegh; Fiscal Year: 2012..HCMV accomplishes this through the action of at least two small type I membrane glycoproteins, US2 and US11...
- GENERATION OF MODELS FOR USHER SYNDROMEWilliam Kimberling; Fiscal Year: 2004..Mutations in the USH2A gene account for over half of Usher syndrome cases and approximately 10% of autosomal recessive RP, which affects ..
- Usher Syndrome (USH) genes in Drosophila tubular organ morphogenesisSeYeon Chung; Fiscal Year: 2012..The gene products of nine USH disease genes have been identified so far, including five USH1 genes and three USH2 genes, which are highly conserved from flies to humans...
- Early Social Communication Characteristics of ASD in Diverse Cultures in the US aAmy M Wetherby; Fiscal Year: 2010..control children from Leon County, Florida, who have been diagnosed with ASD by the FIRST WORDS(R) Project (ASD-US2)...
- Klaus J Früh; Fiscal Year: 2015..We recently demonstrated that super-infection by CMV is enabled by the viral US2-11 glycoproteins -US2, US3, US6 and US11- all of which inhibiting antigen presentation by major histocompatibility ..
- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGICAL STUDIES OF RETINAL DEGENERATIONSEliot Berson; Fiscal Year: 2007..define the rates of progression in patients with two relatively common subgroups of retinitis pigmentosa caused by USH2A or RPGR mutations, respectively...
- 5HT3 Antagonists to Treat Opioid Withdrawal and to Prevent the Progression of PhyLAWRENCE F CHU; Fiscal Year: 2013..1 Currently, opioids are among the most common medications prescribed by physicians in the US2 and Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) -- with 100 million prescriptions in 2005 alone -- is the most commonly ..
- Development of RhCMV Vectors for SIV InfectionLouis J Picker; Fiscal Year: 2010..wt) RhCMV vectors is mediated by the activity of RhCMV genes that inhibit class I MHC-restricted Ag presentation (US2-11 homologues), as US2-11 deletant RhCMV vectors elicit CD8+ T cell responses that include prominent responses to ..
- Luminescent assay:ER dislocation inhibitors (RMI)Domenico Tortorella; Fiscal Year: 2004..The human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) encoded gene products US2 and US11 mediate the destruction of the immunologically essential membrane protein MHC class I heavy chain...
- GENTICS OF USHER SYNDROMEWilliam Kimberling; Fiscal Year: 2003..Project will investigate the functional aspects of the novel usherin protein now know to be involved in Usher type IIa; Project 4 will study clinical issues concerning Usher syndrome...
- CMV DISRUPTION OF CONSTITUTIVE MHC CLASS IIW Waldman; Fiscal Year: 2004..MHC class II expression has been expanded to include inhibition of constitutively expressed class II, by its gene US2. Using a constitutive HLA class II expressing cell line, we have found a major CMV-mediated decrease in surface ..
- HCMV US2 & US11 Inhibition of MHC Class II PresentationDavid Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..We described effects of HCMV US2 and US3 on MHC class II antigen presentation to CD4+ T cells...
- Melanopsin-based form vision in photoreceptor diseaseMICHAEL SANDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Human Parvovirus B19 Vectors: Mechanism of TransductionArun Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ASSEMBLY AND TRAFFICKING OF MHC CLASS II MOLECULESHidde Ploegh; Fiscal Year: 2008..H2 H4 mouse (autoimmune thyroiditis). We have backcrossed the CatB, CatL and CatS -/- mutations onto the NOD background and will explore the consequences of these cathepsin deficiencies for onset and severity of disease. ..
- VIRAL EVASION STRATEGIES: ANALYSIS OF HERPES VIRUSES HSV, VZV AND HHV-6-7Hidde Ploegh; Fiscal Year: 2007..Several of these genes, notably US2, US3, US6 and US 11, are known to interfere with MHC class I restricted antigen presentation when analyzed in ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF RETINAL DEGENERATIONSSamuel Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this research will lead to the formulation of hypotheses about the underlying molecular events in these diseases and may evolve into recommendations for treatment paradigms in these blinding retinal degenerations. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Cardiac ArrhythmiasQing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies may provide a new framework for the rational design of therapeutic agents. ..
- Early-onset retinal degenerationsSamuel Jacobson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Molecular Determinants of Coronary Artery DiseaseQing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004..The accomplishment of research objectives in this proposal has the potential to have a substantial impact on the understanding of the molecular mechanism of CAD and MI, thereby facilitating better prevention, diagnosis and therapy. ..
- CANDIDATE GENE STUDY OF INHERITED RETINAL DEGENERATIONSThaddeus Dryja; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PHD PROGRAM IN IMMUNOLOGYHidde Ploegh; Fiscal Year: 2004..The experimental component usually requires 3-4 years to complete a body of work considered adequate for a written thesis. ..
- Hematepoietic Stem Cell Transduction by AAV2 VectorsArun Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2004..The knowledge gained from these studies will be applicable in further development of AAV vectors and their optimal use in human gene therapy. ..
- Reading Enhancement for Patients with Visual Field LossMICHAEL SANDBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- HLA-G AND EQUIVALENT AND FETO-MATERNAL INTERACTIONHidde Ploegh; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- GENES FOR VASCULAR MORPHOGENESIS: A GENETIC APPROACHQing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, understanding the genetic mechanisms underlying KTS offers possibilities for treatment of KTS as well as conditions such as cancer that depend on angiogenesis. ..
- PARVOVIRUS VECTORS FOR HUMAN GENE THERAPYArun Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2002..The knowledge gained from these studies will be applicable in further development of AAV and parvovirus B19 vectors and their optimal use in gene therapy of beta-thalassemia and sickle-cell disease. ..
- ID OF THE MOUSE DEAFNESS (DN) GENE ON CHROMOSOME 19Bronya Keats; Fiscal Year: 2002..The deafness mouse is a model for nonsyndromic profound hearing impairment, and identifying the defective gene will be a valuable contribution to our understanding of the genes needed for normal cochlear function. ..
- CELL BIOLOGY OF HEAT SHOCK PROTEIN MEDIATED IMMUNIZATIONHidde Ploegh; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GENETIC BASIS FOR THE SEVERITY OF RETINITIS PIGMENTOSAThaddeus Dryja; Fiscal Year: 2001....