Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UPK2
Description: uroplakin 2
Alias: UP2, UPII, uroplakin-2, uroplakin II
Publications112 found, 100 shown here
- Cloning and molecular dissection of the 8.8 kb pig uroplakin II promoter using transgenic mice and RT4 cellsDeug Nam Kwon
Division of Applied Life Science, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Gyeongnam 660 701, South Korea
J Cell Biochem 99:462-77. 2006b>Uroplakin II (UPII) gene expression is highly tissue and cell specific, with mRNA present in the suprabasal cell layers of the bladder and urethra...
- Effects of PPAR agonists on proliferation and differentiation in human urotheliumClaire L Varley
Jack Birch Unit of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5YW, UK
Exp Toxicol Pathol 60:435-41. 2008..including induction of cytokeratins CK13 and CK20, tight junction-associated claudin 3, and uroplakins UPK1a and UPK2, but this is dependent upon inhibition of the signalling cascade downstream of the EGF receptor...
- Polynuclear cation-cation complexes of pentavalent uranyl: relating stability and magnetic properties to structureGrégory Nocton
Laboratoire de Reconnaissance Ionique et Chimie de Coordination, Service de Chimie Inorganique et Biologique UMR E 3 CEA UJF, INAC, CEA Grenoble, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
J Am Chem Soc 130:16633-45. 2008..for the uranyl(V) oxygen in complex 4 results in a lower number of coordinated K+ and therefore in a weakened UP2+...UO2+ interaction. The UO24+.....
- In vitro motility of native thin filaments from Drosophila indirect flight muscles reveals that the held-up 2 TnI mutation affects calcium activationP G Vikhorev
Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5DD, UK
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 31:171-9. 2010..The held-up2 mutation, in the sole troponin I gene (wupA) in the Drosophila genome, is known to cause hypercontraction of the ..
- Identification and characterization of human BCL9L gene and mouse Bcl9l gene in silicoMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Narashino 275 0022, Japan
Int J Mol Med 12:643-9. 2003..BCL9L gene was located between BLR1 and UPK2 genes within the commonly deleted region of neuroblastoma at human chromosome 11q23.3...
- High pressure liquid chromatography purification of UP1 and UP2, two related single-stranded nucleic acid-binding proteins from calf thymusB M Merrill
J Biol Chem 261:878-83. 1986Two single-stranded nucleic acid-binding proteins, UP1 and UP2, that were originally reported by Herrick and Alberts (Herrick, G., and Alberts, B. (1976) J. Biol. Chem...
- Organization of uroplakin subunits: transmembrane topology, pair formation and plaque compositionF X Liang
Epithelial Biology Unit, The Ronald O Perelmen Department of Dermatology, New York University Medical School, New York, NY 10016, U S A
Biochem J 355:13-8. 2001..When uroplakins are solubilized with 2% octylglucoside and fractionated with ion exchangers, UPIa and UPII were bound as a complex by a cation exchanger, whereas UPIb and UPIII were bound by an anion exchanger...
- Prospective evaluation of the prognostic relevance of molecular staging for urothelial carcinomaHillary L Copp
Department of Urology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Cancer 107:60-6. 2006..Reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)-detectable mRNA of Uroplakin II (UPII), a urothelial-specific gene mRNA, was evaluated in perivesical and lymph node samples removed at radical ..
- Co-regulation of ribosomal protein genes as an indicator of growth status: Comparative transcriptome analysis on axillary shoots and seeds in ArabidopsisKiyoshi Tatematsu
Growth Regulation Research Group RIKEN Plant Science Center Yokohama, Japan
Plant Signal Behav 3:450-2. 2008..The promoters of these genes had a higher frequency of two cis elements, designated as Up1 and Up2. Up1 is almost identical to the target cis element of TCP transcription factors...
- PACAP/VIP and receptor characterization in micturition pathways in mice with overexpression of NGF in urotheliumBeatrice M Girard
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Mol Neurosci 42:378-89. 2010..Chronic overexpression of NGF in the urothelium was achieved through the use of a highly urothelium-specific, uroplakin II promoter...
- All-trans retinoic acid directs urothelial specification of murine embryonic stem cells via GATA4/6 signaling mechanismsJoshua R Mauney
Urological Diseases Research Center, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e11513. 2010..of RA, ESCs significantly downregulated the pluripotency factor OCT-4 but markedly upregulated UP1A, UP1B, UP2, UP3A, and UP3B mRNA levels in comparison to naïve ESCs and spontaneously differentiating controls...
- Expression and localization of four uroplakins in urothelial preneoplastic lesionsDasa Zupancic
Institute of Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Histochem Cell Biol 136:491-500. 2011..Here, we investigated ultrastructural localization of UPIa, UPIb, UPII and UPIIIa in normal and cyclophosphamide-induced preneoplastic mouse urothelium...
- Amphiphilic macrocycles bearing biofragment: molecular design as factor controlling self-assemblyL Ya Zakharova
A E Arbuzov Institute of Organic and Physical Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 8, ul Akad Arbuzov, Kazan 420088, Russia Electronic address
Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 38:143-50. 2014Two novel macrocyclic 6-methyluracilic amphiphiles (uracilophanes) with four (UP1) and two (UP2) uracil moieties and ammonium groups have been synthesized...
- SNX31: a novel sorting nexin associated with the uroplakin-degrading multivesicular bodies in terminally differentiated urothelial cellsNeide Vieira
Department of Cell Biology, NYU Cancer Institute, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e99644. 2014..demonstrated by co-immunoprecipitation and proximity ligation assay, and by its reduced membrane association in uroplakin II-deficient urothelium...
- Utility of uroplakin II expression as a marker of urothelial carcinomaWei Tian
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 21231
Hum Pathol 46:58-64. 2015Uroplakins are markers of terminally differentiated urothelium. Uroplakin II (UPII) is a newly described sensitive marker for urothelial carcinoma (UC)...
- Targeting mTOR and p53 Signaling Inhibits Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer In VivoVenkateshwar Madka
Center for Cancer Prevention and Drug Development, Hem Onc Section, Department of Medicine, Stephenson Cancer Center, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 9:53-62. 2016..Six-week-old transgenic UPII-SV40T male mice (n = 15/group) were fed control diet (AIN-76A) or experimental diets containing mTOR inhibitor (..
- High Sensitivity of an Ha-RAS Transgenic Model of Superficial Bladder Cancer to Metformin Is Associated with ∼240-Fold Higher Drug Concentration in Urine than SerumZhongbo Liu
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California
Mol Cancer Ther 15:430-8. 2016..Sensitivity likely is determined both by features of tumor pathophysiology and by pharmacokinetic factors. We used UPII-mutant Ha-ras transgenic mice that develop hyperplasia and low-grade, papillary urothelial cell carcinoma to ..
- HOXB13 protein expression in metastatic lesions is a promising marker for prostate originJustine Varinot
Department of Pathology, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 83, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013, Paris, France
Virchows Arch 468:619-22. 2016..A panel of antibodies against HOXB13, PSA, ERG, Androgen receptors, p504S, p63, GATA-3, CK7, and Uroplakin 2 and 3 was tested on these tissue samples...
- Cyclophosphamide-induced Down-Regulation of Uroplakin II in the Mouse Urinary Bladder Epithelium is Prevented by S-Allyl CysteineSayed Aliul Hasan Abdi
Department of Medical Elementology and Toxicology, Jamia Hamdard Hamdard University, New Delhi, India
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 119:598-603. 2016..study, we studied the modulatory effect of the thiol-rich compound S-allyl cysteine (SAC) on the mRNA level of uroplakin II by real-time polymerase chain reaction and expression of uroplakin II protein by immunoblotting...
- Uroplakin II Expression in Breast Carcinomas Showing Apocrine Differentiation: Putting Some Emphasis on Invasive Pleomorphic Lobular Carcinoma as a Potential Mimic of Urothelial Carcinoma at Metastatic SitesShogo Tajima
Department of Pathology, Fujieda Municipal General Hospital, Shizuoka 426 8677, Japan
Dis Markers 2016:2940496. 2016b>Uroplakin II antibody is exclusively specific for urothelial carcinoma. Nonurothelial carcinoma has not been reported to be immunoreactive for uroplakin II...
- Temporally and spatially controllable gene expression and knockout in mouse urotheliumHaiping Zhou
Departments of Urology, New York Univ School of Medicine, New York, 10010, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F387-95. 2010..Toward this end, we combined the ability of the mouse uroplakin II promoter (mUPII) to drive urothelium-specific gene expression with a versatile tetracycline-mediated inducible ..
- Tissue engineering of ureteral grafts by seeding urothelial differentiated hADSCs onto biodegradable ureteral scaffoldsJian Guo Shi
Department of Urology, Chinese People s Liberation Army General Hospital, Military Postgraduate Medical College, Haidian District, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res A 100:2612-22. 2012..14 days coculturing, differentiation was evaluated by detecting urothelial lineage markers (cytokeratin-18 and uroplakin 2) in mRNA and protein level...
- Urothelial differentiation of human umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stromal cells in vitroShuai Wu
School of Medicine, Shanghai First People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China Department of Urology, Shanghai First People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China Department of Urology, Qingdao Municipal Hospital, Qingdao, China
Anal Cell Pathol (Amst) 36:63-9. 2013..Urothelial cell specific marker uroplakin II (UPII) and cytokeratins were evaluated by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and ..
- Kava chalcone, flavokawain A, inhibits urothelial tumorigenesis in the UPII-SV40T transgenic mouse modelZhongbo Liu
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, 101 The City Drive South, Rt 81 Bldg 55 Rm 302, Orange, CA 92868
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:1365-75. 2013..Here, we examined whether FKA could inhibit bladder cancer development and progression in vivo in the UPII-SV40T transgenic model that resembles human urothelial cell carcinoma (UCC) with defects in the p53 and the ..
- Uroplakin II outperforms uroplakin III in diagnostically challenging settingsSteven C Smith
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Histopathology 65:132-8. 2014We performed a head-to-head comparison of an antibody against uroplakin III (UP3) and a new uroplakin II (UP2) antibody that remains untested in diagnostically challenging settings.
- Generation of bladder urothelium from human pluripotent stem cells under chemically defined serum- and feeder-free systemMinyong Kang
Graduate School of Medical Science and Engineering, KAIST, 291 Daehak ro, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
Int J Mol Sci 15:7139-57. 2014..After DE cells were specified into BUCs, they notably expressed urothelium-specific genes such as UPIb, UPII, UPIIIa, P63 and CK7...
- Chemoprevention of urothelial cell carcinoma growth and invasion by the dual COX-LOX inhibitor licofelone in UPII-SV40T transgenic miceVenkateshwar Madka
Authors Affiliations Center for Cancer Prevention and Drug Development, Hem Onc Section, Department of Medicine, PCS Oklahoma Cancer Center, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 7:708-16. 2014..We determined the chemopreventive efficacy of licofelone, a dual COX-lipoxygenase (LOX) inhibitor, in a transgenic UPII-SV40T mouse model of urothelial transitional cell carcinoma (TCC)...
- Tubular Compressed Collagen Scaffolds for Ureteral Tissue Engineering in a Flow Bioreactor SystemElif Vardar
Institute of Bioengineering, School of Life Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Tissue Eng Part A 21:2334-45. 2015..muscle alpha-actin, smoothelin, collagen type I and III, elastin, laminin type 1 and 5, cytokeratin 8, and uroplakin 2. In addition, smooth muscle cell alignment predominantly perpendicular to the flow direction was observed, ..
- Metals bioaccumulation and biomarkers responses in the Neotropical freshwater clam Anodontites trapesialis: Implications for monitoring coal mining areasLuciana Fernandes de Oliveira
Laboratório de Ecofisiologia Animal Departamento de Ciências Fisiológicas, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, C P 10011, CEP 86051 970 Londrina, Parana, Brasil
Sci Total Environ 571:983-91. 2016..Clams were caged, for 96h, at two sites located upstream (Up1 and Up2) and two sites downstream (Dw1 and Dw2) from the mine...
- Transgenic Mice Expressing MCP-1 by the Urothelium Demonstrate Bladder Hypersensitivity, Pelvic Pain and Voiding Dysfunction: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Study of Chronic Pelvic Pain Research Network Animal Model StudySuming Xu
Department of Urology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0163829. 2016..A transgene consisting of the uroplakin II gene promoter and the mouse MCP-1 coding sequence with a secretory element was constructed and microinjected...
- Respiratory toxicity of repeated exposure to particles produced by traffic and sugar cane burningFlavia Mazzoli-Rocha
Laboratory of Respiration Physiology, Carlos Chagas Filho Institute of Biophysics, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 191:106-13. 2014..during 1, 2 or 4 weeks of either distilled water (C1, C2, C4) or particles (15μg) from traffic (UP1, UP2, UP4) or biomass burning (BP1, BP2, BP4)...
- A cDNA clone of the hnRNP C proteins and its homology with the single-stranded DNA binding protein UP2D K Lahiri
Nucleic Acids Res 14:4077-94. 1986..Two peptides (a total of 24 amino acids) of the calf thymus single-stranded DNA binding protein UP2 show perfect homology with the deduced amino acid sequence of the clone, suggesting that UP2 is related to the ..
- Targeting gene expression of the mouse uroplakin II promoter to human bladder cellsHongjian Zhu
Institute of Urology, Peking University, 100034 Beijing, China
Urol Res 31:17-21. 2003..To investigate the feasibility of tissue-specific gene therapy for bladder cancer using the mouse uroplakin II (UPII) promoter and its transcriptional control, the efficacy of this promoter as well as fragments in ..
- [Effect of mouse uroplakin II promoter on human bladder cancer cell line]Hong Jian Zhu
Institute of Urology, Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 26:22-5. 2004To study the effect of gene expression of mouse uroplakin II (UPII) promoter on human bladder cell cancer cell line.
- Uvulopalatoplasty (UP2): a modified technique for selected patientsMichael Friedman
Department of Otolaryngology and Bronchoesophagology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Laryngoscope 114:441-9. 2004..this group of patients with tonsil reduction using radiofrequency coblation combined with uvulopalatoplasty (UP2) using a palatal flap technique without pharyngoplasty...
- Detection of micrometastases in pelvic lymph nodes in patients undergoing radical cystectomy for locally invasive bladder cancer by real-time reverse transcriptase-PCR for cytokeratin 19 and uroplakin IIToshifumi Kurahashi
Department of Urology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:3773-7. 2005..The objective of this study was to clarify the significance of micrometastases in pelvic lymph nodes in patients who underwent radical cystectomy for bladder cancer...
- Identification of cis-elements that regulate gene expression during initiation of axillary bud outgrowth in ArabidopsisKiyoshi Tatematsu
Plant Science Center, RIKEN, Yokohama, 230 0045, Japan
Plant Physiol 138:757-66. 2005..element, whereas the promoters of up-regulated genes were enriched for GGCCCAWW and AAACCCTA, designated Up1 and Up2, respectively...
- Assembly of urothelial plaques: tetraspanin function in membrane protein traffickingChih Chi Andrew Hu
Epithelial Biology Unit, The Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:3937-50. 2005..e., uroplakins Ia, Ib, II, and IIIa, and that UPIa and Ib (both tetraspanins) form heterodimers with UPII and IIIa, respectively...
- Transgene expression of biological active recombinant human granulocyte-colony stimulating factor (hG-CSF) into mouse urineMyoung Ok Kim
School of Lifesciences and Biotechnology, College of Natural Sciences, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 702 701, Korea
Life Sci 78:1003-9. 2006..In particular, the expression plasmid DNA containing mouse uroplakin II promoter was used to direct the uroepithelium-specific transcription of the transgene...
- Bladder cancer cell in co-culture induces human stem cell differentiation to urothelial cells through paracrine FGF10 signalingSeyung S Chung
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Institute for Research, Children s Hospital in L A Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 90027, CA, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 49:746-51. 2013..Urothelial markers, uroplakin II, III, and cytokeratin 8, were monitored by RT-PCR, immunocytochemistry, and Western blot analysis...
- Urothelial umbrella cells of human ureter are heterogeneous with respect to their uroplakin composition: different degrees of urothelial maturity in ureter and bladder?Ina Riedel
Institute of Pathology, Philipp University, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 84:393-405. 2005..by apical, rigid membrane plaques, which contain four major uroplakin proteins (UP Ia, Ib, II and III) forming UPIa/UPII and UPIb/UPIII pairs...
- Antitumor effects of bladder cancer-specific adenovirus carrying E1A-androgen receptor in bladder cancerZ Zhai
Urologic Clinical Center of Gansu Province, Key Laboratory of Gansu Province, Institute of Urology, The Second Hospital of Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China
Gene Ther 19:1065-74. 2012..We constructed a bladder cancer-specific adenovirus carrying E1A-androgen receptor (AR) under the control of UPII promoter and prostate stem cell antigen enhancer (PSCAE), designated as Ad/PSCAE/UPII/E1A-AR, and investigated its ..
- Intravesical epinephrine preserves uroplakin II expression in urinary bladder from cyclophosphamide-induced rat cystitisYoon Soo Kyung
Department of Urology, Dankook University College of Medicine, 359 Manghyang ro, Dongnam gu, Cheonan 330 715, South Korea
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 385:769-76. 2012We investigated the attenuated effect of intravesical epinephrine (EPI) on uroplakin II (UPII) expression in cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced rat cystitis...
- Effects of CYP-induced cystitis on PACAP/VIP and receptor expression in micturition pathways and bladder function in mice with overexpression of NGF in urotheliumBeatrice M Girard
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Mol Neurosci 48:730-43. 2012..using a transgenic mouse model of chronic NGF overexpression in the bladder using the urothelial-specific uroplakin II promoter...
- Atypical epidermoid cyst in renal pelvis and histogenetic implicationsJai Hyang Go
Department of Pathology, Dankook University College of Medicine, Cheonan, Korea
Int Neurourol J 16:205-8. 2012..The urothelia were positively stained against uroplakin II and cytokeratin 7, whereas almost of the squamous epithelia were negative with uroplakin II...
- p53-stabilizing agent CP-31398 prevents growth and invasion of urothelial cancer of the bladder in transgenic UPII-SV40T miceVenkateshwar Madka
Department of Medicine, Hem Onc Section, PC Stephenson Cancer Center, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Neoplasia 15:966-74. 2013..We determined the chemopreventive efficacy of a p53-stabilizing agent, CP-31398, in a transgenic UPII-SV40T mouse model of bladder transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) that strongly resembles human TCC...
- Homeostatic regulation of copper uptake in yeast via direct binding of MAC1 protein to upstream regulatory sequences of FRE1 and CTR1Y Yamaguchi-Iwai
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, NICHHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 272:17711-8. 1997..A novel dominant allele of MAC1, MAC1(up2), is mutated in a Cys-rich domain that may function in copper sensing (a G to A change of nucleotide 812 resulting ..
- A BAC-based transgenic mouse specifically expresses an inducible Cre in the urotheliumTian Huai Shen
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35243. 2012..by using bacterial artificial chromosome (BAC)-based recombineering to insert iCreERT2 cDNA at the ATG start of the Upk2 gene...
- Cloning of the nucleic acid-binding domain of the rat HnRNP C-type proteinZ D Sharp
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284 78284
Biochim Biophys Acta 1048:306-9. 1990..cDNA and demonstrated the presence of a peptide sequence contained within the single-stranded DNA-binding protein, UP2, which was absent from the human cDNA...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae SSB1 protein and its relationship to nucleolar RNA-binding proteinsA Y Jong
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Mol Cell Biol 7:2947-55. 1987..At the amino terminus, residues 39 to 54 are highly homologous to a peptide in calf thymus UP1 and UP2 and a human heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein...
- A tissue-specific promoter that can drive a foreign gene to express in the suprabasal urothelial cells of transgenic miceJ H Lin
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:679-83. 1995..Here we describe the cloning of mouse uroplakin II gene and demonstrate, in transgenic mouse experiments, that a 3...
- Uroplakins Ia and Ib, two major differentiation products of bladder epithelium, belong to a family of four transmembrane domain (4TM) proteinsJ Yu
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University Medical School, New York 10016
J Cell Biol 125:171-82. 1994..protein particles, and that bovine AUMs contain three major proteins: the 27- to 28-kD uroplakin I, the 15-kD uroplakin II and the 47-kD uroplakin III...
- Mammalian uroplakins. A group of highly conserved urothelial differentiation-related membrane proteinsX R Wu
Epithelial Biology Unit, Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016
J Biol Chem 269:13716-24. 1994..The DNA-deduced amino acid sequences of bovine and mouse uroplakin II revealed 83% identity...
- Chromosomal localization of uroplakin genes of cattle and miceA M Ryan
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Mamm Genome 4:656-61. 1993..Genes for uroplakins IA, IB, and II were mapped to bovine (BTA) Chromosomes (Chrs) 18 (UPK1A), 1 (UPK1B), and 15 (UPK2), respectively...
- Selective interactions of UPIa and UPIb, two members of the transmembrane 4 superfamily, with distinct single transmembrane-domained proteins in differentiated urothelial cellsX R Wu
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 270:29752-9. 1995..In association with two other (single transmembrane-domained) membrane proteins, UPII and UPIII, UPIa and UPIb form 16-nm particles that naturally form two-dimensional crystalline arrays, thus ..
- Uroplakin II gene is expressed in transitional cell carcinoma but not in bilharzial bladder squamous cell carcinoma: alternative pathways of bladder epithelial differentiation and tumor formationR L Wu
The Ronald Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University Medical School, New York 10016, USA
Cancer Res 58:1291-7. 1998..Vitamin A deficiency and mesenchymal factors may play a role in determining the relative contributions of these pathways to urothelial differentiation as well as to the formation of TCC, SCC, and adenocarcinoma, or a mixture thereof...
- Uroplakin gene expression by normal and neoplastic human urotheliumE D Lobban
ICRF Cancer Medicine Research Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 153:1957-67. 1998cDNA sequences for human uroplakins UPIa, UPIb, UPII, and UPIII were cloned and used to investigate uroplakin transcription by normal and neoplastic urothelial cells...
- Expression of transitional cell-specific genes, uroplakin Ia and II, in bladder cancer: detection of circulating cancer cells in the peripheral blood of metastatic patientsT Yuasa
Department of Urology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Int J Urol 6:286-92. 1999..We investigated the expression of UP-Ia and UP-II genes in the tissues and peripheral blood of patients with TCC...
- Detection of circulating uroplakin-positive cells in patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderS M Li
Department of Urology, Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University Medical School, and the Veteran Affairs Medical Center in Manhattan, New York 10016, USA
J Urol 162:931-5. 1999..Detection of uroplakin-positive cells in the circulation would be a strong indication of hematogenous dissemination of tumor cells in patients with TCC...
- Human uroplakin Ib in ocular surface epitheliumW Adachi
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:2900-5. 2000..To investigate the expression and localization of the human gene encoding uroplakin Ib in ocular surface epithelium...
- Role of Ha-ras activation in superficial papillary pathway of urothelial tumor formationZ T Zhang
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Oncogene 20:1973-80. 2001..Using a urothelium-specific promoter of the uroplakin II gene, we showed earlier in transgenic mice that the urothelial expression of SV40T antigen, which inactivates ..
- Cloning, sequencing, and expression analysis of the porcine uroplakin II geneDeug Na m Kwon
Division of Applied Life Science, College of Agriculture, Gyeongsang National University, Chinju, Gyeongnam 660 701, Republic of Korea corrected
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 293:862-9. 2002In this study, we report the cloning of porcine UPII genomic DNA, which contains a putative full-length open reading frame encoding the UPII protein...
- Identification of human uroplakin II promoter and its use in the construction of CG8840, a urothelium-specific adenovirus variant that eliminates established bladder tumors in combination with docetaxelJane Zhang
Cell Genesys, Inc, Foster City, California 94404, USA
Cancer Res 62:3743-50. 2002..b>UPII gene expression is bladder specific and differentiation dependent, but very little is known about its transcription ..
- Uroplakin gene expression in normal human tissues and locally advanced bladder cancerJonathon Olsburgh
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Clinical Centre, Leeds, UK
J Pathol 199:41-9. 2003..This study investigated the expression of the four uroplakin genes, UPIa, UPIb, UPII and UPIII, in a wide range of normal human tissues to determine tissue specificity and in advanced transitional ..
- Specific heterodimer formation is a prerequisite for uroplakins to exit from the endoplasmic reticulumLiyu Tu
Department of Cell Biology, New York University, School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:4221-30. 2002..individually, only UPIb can exit from the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and move to the plasma membrane, whereas UPII and UPIII reach the plasma membrane only when they form heterodimeric complexes with UPIa and UPIb, respectively...
- Genetic detection for hematogenous micrometastasis in patients with various types of malignant tumors using Uroplakin II derived primers in polymerase chain reactionHiroyuki Hirata
Center for Molecular Biology and Cytogenetics, SRL, Inc, 5 6 50 Shin machi Hino, Tokyo 191 0002, Japan
Oncol Rep 10:963-6. 2003..PCR assay to detect micrometastasis in blood containing several cancer types, we first investigated Uroplakin II (UP II), a novel molecular marker for human transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder, in 25 types of normal ..
- Identification and characterization of human LL5A gene and mouse Ll5a gene in silicoMasuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Narashino 275 0022, Japan
Int J Oncol 23:1477-83. 2003ARCN1, KIAA0638, TREH, DDX6, BLR1, BCL9L, UPK2, DLNB13, DLNB14, RPS25, SBDN, G6PT1, HYOU1, VPS11, HMBS, H2AFX, DPAGT1, KIAA0285, MIZF, ABCG4, NOD9, PDZK2, CBL, MCAM, RNF26, C1QTNF5, MFRP, USP2, THY1, and PVRL1 genes are located within the ..
- p53 deficiency provokes urothelial proliferation and synergizes with activated Ha-ras in promoting urothelial tumorigenesisJing Gao
Veterans Affairs Medical Center in New York, NY 10010, USA
Oncogene 23:687-96. 2004..Using the mouse uroplakin II gene promoter, we have targeted into urothelium of transgenic mice a dominant-negative mutant of p53 that lacks ..
- Value of reverse transcription polymerase chain assay in peripheral blood of patients with urothelial cancerTakatsuga Okegawa
Department of Urology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 171:1461-6. 2004The nested reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) method was used to determine expression of uroplakin II (UP II) or cytokeratin 20 (CK-20) in cells separated from the peripheral blood of patients with urothelial cancer...
- Role of PPARgamma and EGFR signalling in the urothelial terminal differentiation programmeClaire L Varley
Jack Birch Unit of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Department of Biology, University of York YO10 5YW, UK
J Cell Sci 117:2029-36. 2004..high-affinity activators of PPARgamma, troglitazone (TZ) and rosiglitazone (RZ) induced the expression of mRNA for UPII and UPIb and, to a lesser extent, UPIa...
- Detection of circulating cancer cells expressing uroplakins and epidermal growth factor receptor in bladder cancer patientsIman Osman
Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Int J Cancer 111:934-9. 2004..We determined the sensitivity and specificity of each individual marker and the combinations of UPIa/UPII and UPIb/UPIII...
- Roles of uroplakins in plaque formation, umbrella cell enlargement, and urinary tract diseasesXiang Tian Kong
Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Cell Biol 167:1195-204. 2004..To study uroplakin function, we ablated the mouse UPII gene...
- Gene deletion in urothelium by specific expression of Cre recombinaseLan Mo
Dept of Urology, New York University Cancer Institute, New York Univ School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F562-8. 2005..Transgenic mouse lines were generated in which a 3.6-kb mouse uroplakin II (UPII) promoter was used to drive the expression of Cre recombinase (Cre)...
- Cloning of human uroplakin II gene from Chinese transitional cell carcinoma of bladder and construction of its eukaryotic expression vectorFangmin Chen
Department of Urology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 25:188-90, 211. 2005To clone Uroplakin Ii gene from Chinese transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of bladder and construct its eukaryotic expression vector, the molecular cloning method was used to extract total RNA from a GIII / T3N0M0 tissue sample of the ..
- Distinct glycan structures of uroplakins Ia and Ib: structural basis for the selective binding of FimH adhesin to uroplakin IaBo Xie
Mass Spectrometry Resource, Boston University School of Medicine, 670 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 281:14644-53. 2006..may reflect differences in their folding and masking due to their interactions with their associated proteins, UPII and UPIIIa, respectively...
- WIN55212-2 docking to the CB1 cannabinoid receptor and multiple pathways for conformational inductionJoong Youn Shim
Neuroscience of Drug Abuse Research Program, J L Chambers Biomedical Biotechnology Research Institute, North Carolina Central University, Durham, North Carolina 27707, USA
J Chem Inf Model 46:1286-300. 2006..data and calculated binding energies, we proposed two alternative binding conformations, aroyl-up1 and aroyl-up2. These denote the directionality of the ligand naphthyl ring within the receptor upward with respect to the ..
- Origin of the tetraspanin uroplakins and their co-evolution with associated proteins: implications for uroplakin structure and functionAntonio Garcia-Espana
Unitat de Recerca, University Hospital Joan XXIII, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, 46007 Tarragona, Spain
Mol Phylogenet Evol 41:355-67. 2006..the mammalian uroplakins (UPs) Ia and Ib, members of the tetraspanin superfamily, that interact with uroplakins UPII and UPIIIa/IIIb, respectively, using a phylogenetic approach of these genes from whole genome sequences...
- Mutation analyses of Uroplakin II in children with renal tract malformationsDagan Jenkins
Nephro Urology Unit, UCL Institute of Child Health, London, WCIN IEH, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:3415-21. 2006..Mice with null mutation of another UP family member, UPII, are often born with congenital hydronephrosis...
- p63 gene expression study and early bladder carcinogenesisEva Comperat
CNRS UMR 8149, Faculté de Pharmacie Paris V, Paris, France
Urology 70:459-62. 2007..mechanisms of bladder carcinogenesis, this study analyzed the expression levels of four selected genes (uroplakin II, TATA-BOX-binding protein (TBP/RNA) control gene (NM_00394), and the two main isoforms TATp63 and deltaNp63 of ..
- Transcription factor AtTCP14 regulates embryonic growth potential during seed germination in Arabidopsis thalianaKiyoshi Tatematsu
Growth Regulation Research Group, RIKEN Plant Science Center, Yokohama, 1 7 22, Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Plant J 53:42-52. 2008..Using available published microarray data, we found that two cis elements, Up1 or Up2, which regulate outgrowth of Arabidopsis axillary shoots, were significantly over-represented...
- Repeated BCG treatment of mouse bladder selectively stimulates small GTPases and HLA antigens and inhibits single-spanning uroplakinsMarcia R Saban
Department of Physiology, The University Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
BMC Cancer 7:204. 2007..The objective of this study was to determine differentially expressed genes in the mouse bladder following repeated intravesical BCG therapy...
- Lymphatic vessel density and function in experimental bladder cancerMarcia R Saban
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center OUHSC, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
BMC Cancer 7:219. 2007..Both cancer and inflammation are known to induce lymphangiogenesis. However, little is known about bladder lymphatic vessels and their involvement in cancer formation and progression...
- Voiding pattern analysis as a surrogate for cystometric evaluation in uroplakin II knockout miceSteve J Hodges
Wake Forest Institute of Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Urol 179:2046-51. 2008Previous study has shown that the absence of uroplakin II can cause urinary tract dysfunction, including vesicoureteral reflux and renal abnormalities, as well as micturition pattern changes...
- Androgenic dependence of exophytic tumor growth in a transgenic mouse model of bladder cancer: a role for thrombospondin-1Aimee M Johnson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, New York, USA
BMC Urol 8:7. 2008..We examined the effect of castration on BC growth in UPII-SV40T transgenic mice, which express SV40 T antigen specifically in urothelium and reliably develop BC...
- Prostate stem cell antigen enhancer and uroplakin II promoter based bladder cancer targeted tissue-specific vectorDegui Wang
Institute of Urology, The Second Hospital of Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, China
Urol Oncol 28:164-9. 2010To construct a dual specific vector which contains prostate stem cell antigen enhancer (PSCAE) and uroplakin II (UPII) promoter targeted bladder cancer.
- Assembly of a membrane receptor complex: roles of the uroplakin II prosequence in regulating uroplakin bacterial receptor oligomerizationChih Chi Andrew Hu
Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Biochem J 414:195-203. 2008..and targeted to the urothelial apical surface, paying special attention to the roles of the prosequence of UPII in UP oligomerization...
- Gene expression study of Aurora-A reveals implication during bladder carcinogenesis and increasing values in invasive urothelial cancerEva Comperat
CNRS UMR 8149, Faculte de Pharmacie, Paris V, Paris, France
Urology 72:873-7. 2008..We wanted to gain better insight into the early molecular mechanisms of bladder carcinogenesis by evaluating Aurora-A gene expression, which is implicated in genomic stability and essential for mitosis...
- Comparison of two experimental models of urodynamic evaluation in female ratsAna Beatriz Gomes de Souza
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery and Anatomy, Ribeirao Preto Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 23:59-65; discussion 65. 2008..Urodynamic studies in small animals can be performed through urethral sounding or cystostomy...
- Decreased bladder cancer growth in parous miceAimee M Johnson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Urology 72:470-3. 2008To investigate the association between parity and exophytic bladder cancer growth in the UPII-SV40T transgenic mouse model of bladder cancer.
- FOXA1 and IRF-1 intermediary transcriptional regulators of PPARgamma-induced urothelial cytodifferentiationC L Varley
Jack Birch Unit of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5YW, UK
Cell Death Differ 16:103-14. 2009..FOXA1 and IRF-1 contained consensus cognate binding sites in UPK1a, UPK2, and UPK3a promoters and transcripts were induced within 12 h of PPARgamma activation; transcription complex ..
- [Muscle-invasive urothelial carcinoma of the bladder. Detection and topography of micrometastases in lymph nodes]M Autenrieth
Urologische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Deutschland
Urologe A 47:1157-61. 2008..of occult disseminated tumor cells we analyze the expression of the tumor markers cytokeratin 20 (CK-20), uroplakin II (UP II), mucin 2 (MUC2), and mucin 7 (MUC7)...
- Inherited pelvic organ prolapse in the mouse: preliminary evaluation of a new murine modelAnna R McNanley
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, PO Box 668, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 20:19-25. 2009..We observed S-POP in a colony of UPII-SV40T transgenic mice developed for studies on bladder cancer...
- Alterations in bladder function associated with urothelial defects in uroplakin II and IIIa knockout miceTamer AbouShwareb
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 28:1028-33. 2009The effects of deleting genes encoding uroplakins II (UPII) and III (UPIIIa) on mouse bladder physiology/dysfunction were studied in male and female wild type and knockout (KO) mice.
- Construction of urothelium-specific recombinant adenovirus and its inhibition in bladder cancer cellXiang Dong He
Institute of Urology, Second Hospital of Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, PR China
Urol Int 82:209-13. 2009..To construct urothelium-specific recombinant adenovirus and investigate its inhibition in bladder cancer cell...
- The epidermal differentiation-associated Grainyhead gene Get1/Grhl3 also regulates urothelial differentiationZhengquan Yu
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4030, USA
EMBO J 28:1890-903. 2009..At least one of these genes, uroplakin II, is a direct target of Get1...
- Selection of optimal antisense accessible sites of uroplakin II mRNA for bladder urotheliumLiduan Zheng
Department of Pathology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430022, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 29:344-9. 2009The optimal antisense accessible sites (AAS) of uroplakin II (UP II) mRNA, a specific gene expressed in bladder urothelium, were selected in order to provide a novel method for targeted therapy of transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of ..
- Linkage analysis of candidate genes in families with vesicoureteral refluxHelena Kelly
Children s Research Centre, Our Lady s Children s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Urol 182:1669-72. 2009..Vesicoureteral reflux familial clustering implies that genetic factors have a key role in reflux pathogenesis. We identified genes that cause this disease and elucidated the biology and genetics of vesicoureteral reflux...
- Cell-to-cell contact induces human adipose tissue-derived stromal cells to differentiate into urothelium-like cells in vitroJie Liu
Department of Urology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:931-6. 2009..We found that hASCs in direct co-culture expressed urothelial-specific genes uroplakin Ib, uroplakin II and cytokeratin 18. However, uroplakin III gene was not detected during the experimental period...
- Molecular characterization of upper urinary tract tumoursLaura Izquierdo
Department of Urology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
BJU Int 106:868-72. 2010To assess gene-expression patterns of BIRC5, FGFR3, IGF2, KRT20, UPK2, EBF1, CDH1, FXYD3, HTERT, TP53, AGR2, HER2 and VEGF, widely known markers of bladder urothelial carcinoma (UC) in upper tract UC, and to determine their value as ..
- Overexpression of NGF in mouse urothelium leads to neuronal hyperinnervation, pelvic sensitivity, and changes in urinary bladder functionBirthe Schnegelsberg
Department of Neuroscience, Roche Palo Alto, Palo Alto, California, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R534-47. 2010..generated a transgenic mouse model of chronic NGF overexpression in the bladder using the urothelium-specific uroplakin II (UPII) promoter...
- Preservation of uroplakins by 2-mercaptoethanesulfonate in cyclophosphamide-induced rat cystitisYoon Soo Kyung
Department of Urology, Dankook University College of Medicine, Ansedong Cheonan Si, Chungcheoung Nam Do, South Korea
Arch Toxicol 85:51-7. 2011..The bladders were harvested. The levels of UPIa, Ib, II, and III mRNA on real-time PCR, the UPII and III expressions on immunoblotting, and the UPII expression on immunolocalization study in the harvested bladder ..
- PACAP Overexpression and Voiding FunctionEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2004..These mice (TREPACAP38) will be crossed with our UPII-rtTA transgenic mice that express the reverse tetracycline transactivator only in urothelial cells...
- MARGARET ANN VIZZARD; Fiscal Year: 2016..in a novel transgenic mouse model of chronic NGF overexpression (NGF-OE) using the urothelium-specific uroplakin II promoter that was characterized during the last funding cycle...
- Rhodiola Rosea Extracts, Salidroside and Bladder Cancer ChemopreventionXiaolin Zi; Fiscal Year: 2012..specific aims are two folds: First, we will determined the chemopreventive efficacy of the RRE and salidroside in UPII- mutant Ha-ras transgenic mice that produce superficial papillary transitional cell carcinoma;Second, we will ..
- The role of the mitotic spindle protein RHAMM in early stage bladder cancerRANDOLPH STONE II; Fiscal Year: 2012..recent studies in our laboratory, we have used a transgenic mouse model that spontaneously develops invasive UCC (UPII-SV40Tag mice) in conjunction with DNA microarray technology to identify molecular pathways involved in early UCC ..
- Chawnshang Chang; Fiscal Year: 2015..Aim 2: Using UPII-Ha-ras-ARKO mouse model to prove DHT can go through non-AR pathways to promote BCa progression...
- MARGARET ANN VIZZARD; Fiscal Year: 2016..approach involving a rat model as well as a novel, chronic overexpressing nerve growth factor (NGF) mouse line (UPII-NGFv2)...
- Survey and Test Platform for Use in Underserved PopulationsGislin Dagnelie; Fiscal Year: 2012..by applicant): Under the acronym "Survey and Test Platform for use in Underserved Populations, Phase II (STeP- UP2)," Advanced Medical Electronics Corp, in collaboration with the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and ..
- Identification of Genes Involved in Bladder CancerJohn Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2007..These mice (UPII- SV40T) develop TCC, which is preceded by a condition resembling human CIS...
- Bladder-specific Knockout and Gene ExpressionXue ru Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Utilizing uroplakin II (UPII) gene promoter, we have succeeded over the last several years in targeting gene expression specifically ..
- Inducible Gene Expression in Mouse UrotheliumJay Reeder; Fiscal Year: 2004..transgenic mouse strain will have the reverse tetracycline transactivator (rtTA) gene under control of the uroplakin II (UPII) promoter for urothelium specific expression...
- Genetic Transfer in the Evolution of Infectious DiseaseRob DeSalle; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Clin.Relevance of Circulat.Tumor Cells in Bladder CancerIman Osman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..