Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: uPA
Description: plasminogen activator, urokinase
Alias: ATF, BDPLT5, QPD, UPA, URK, u-PA, urokinase-type plasminogen activator, U-plasminogen activator, plasminogen activator, urinary
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- 4G/5G polymorphism of PAI-1 gene and Alu-repeat I/D polymorphism of TPA gene in Turkish patients with polycystic ovary syndromeMuammer Karadeniz
Endocrinology and Metabolism Disease, Ege University Hospital, 35100, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
J Assist Reprod Genet 24:412-8. 2007..Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is one of the most encountered endocrine malfunctions. PCOS patients have enhanced activation of the blood coagulation system...
- Two distinct expression patterns of urokinase, urokinase receptor and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in colon cancer liver metastasesMartin Illemann
The Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Int J Cancer 124:1860-70. 2009..Plasmin(ogen) is activated on cell surfaces by urokinase-type PA (uPA), and is regulated by uPAR and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- Urokinase induces basophil chemotaxis through a urokinase receptor epitope that is an endogenous ligand for formyl peptide receptor-like 1 and -like 2Amato de Paulis
Divisione di Immunologia Clinica ed Allergologia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Immunol 173:5739-48. 2004..uPA (10(-12)-10(-9) M) and its uPAR-binding N-terminal fragment (ATF) were potent chemoattractants for basophils, but did not induce histamine or cytokine release...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXC receptor 4 and β1 integrin interaction regulates urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression in human colorectal cancer cellsWen Shih Huang
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 227:1114-22. 2012..In addition, the protease urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) is an important factor in tumor cell invasion and metastasis...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) enhances cells invasion by αvβ6 integrin-mediated signaling in ovarian cancerBaoyao Xue
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Mol Cell Biochem 380:177-84. 2013..SDF-1 was found to dramatically enhance extracellular matrix degradation via urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) expression and cell invasion by αvβ6 integrin expression; these reinforce failed to be increased when ..
- Structural basis for recognition of urokinase-type plasminogen activator by plasminogen activator inhibitor-1Zhonghui Lin
State Key Laboratory of Structural Chemistry, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Fuzhou 350002, China
J Biol Chem 286:7027-32. 2011..activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), together with its physiological target urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), plays a pivotal role in fibrinolysis, cell migration, and tissue remodeling and is currently recognized as being ..
- Epithelial glycoprotein-330 mediates endocytosis of plasminogen activator-plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 complexesS K Moestrup
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Biol Chem 268:16564-70. 1993..cortex binds plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1) complexed with urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA). alpha 2M-methylamine, which binds with high affinity to alpha 2MR/LRP, did not bind to gp330...
- Differential localization and expression of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), its receptor (uPAR), and its inhibitor (PAI-1) mRNA and protein in endometrial tissue during the menstrual cycleJ Nordengren
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Mol Hum Reprod 10:655-63. 2004..The urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA)-dependent proteolytic cascade as well as ligand activation of the uPA receptor (uPAR) is critically involved in ..
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases-1, -2, and -9; tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases-1 and -2; cathepsin B; urokinase plasminogen activator; and plasminogen activator inhibitor, type I in skull base chordomaTakahiko Naka
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Magdeburg University, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Hum Pathol 39:217-23. 2008..inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMPs)-1 and -2; cathepsin B (CatB); urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA); and plasminogen activator inhibitor, type I (PAI1), in 45 patients with skull base chordoma (45 primary and 25 ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) in sputum of allergic asthma patientsKrzysztof Kowal
Department of Allergology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 46:193-8. 2008Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitor (PAI-1) have been associated with asthma. The aim of this study was to evaluate concentration of uPA and PAI-1 in induced sputum of house dust mite allergic asthmatics (HDM-AAs)...
- Suppression of uPA and uPAR blocks radiation-induced MCP-1 mediated recruitment of endothelial cells in meningiomaArun Kumar Nalla
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, One Illini Drive, Peoria, IL 61605, USA
Cell Signal 23:1299-310. 2011..Further, supplementing cancer cells with exogenous ATF-uPA (with and without radiation) activated ERK phosphorylation, nuclear translocation of the NF-κB p65 sub-unit (..
- Fibulin-5 binds urokinase-type plasminogen activator and mediates urokinase-stimulated β1-integrin-dependent cell migrationAlexander Kapustin
Faculty of Fundamental Medicine, MV Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
Biochem J 443:491-503. 2012b>uPA (urokinase-type plasminogen activator) stimulates cell migration through multiple pathways, including formation of plasmin and extracellular metalloproteinases, and binding to the uPAR (uPA receptor; also known as CD87), integrins ..
- Sphingosine kinase 1 enhances colon cancer cell proliferation and invasion by upregulating the production of MMP-2/9 and uPA via MAPK pathwaysShi Quan Liu
The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
Int J Colorectal Dis 27:1569-78. 2012..Sphingosine kinase (SphK) 1 is an oncogenic enzyme promoting transformation, proliferation, and survival of a number of human tumor cells. However, its effect on colon cancer cell behavior has not been fully clarified...
- Upregulation of urokinase-type plasminogen activator by endogenous and exogenous HIV-1 Tat protein in tumour cell lines derived from BK virus/tat-transgenic miceM Rusnati
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Brescia, Italy
AIDS 11:727-36. 1997....
- Mutational analysis of the genes encoding urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitor PAI-1 in advanced ovarian cancerB Türkmen
Frauenklinik der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Klinische Forschergruppe, Germany
Electrophoresis 18:686-9. 1997Evidence has accumulated that urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), its inhibitor (PAI-1) and receptor (uPAR) are involved in tumor invasion and metastasis...
- Influence of preoperative core biopsies on uPA/PAI-1 expression in breast cancer tissueSusanne Haas
Institute of Pathology, Sigmund Freud Str 25, D 53127, Bonn, Germany
Virchows Arch 452:277-83. 2008The urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) are involved in tumor invasion and metastasis as well as wound healing and inflammation...
- AP-1-controlled hepatocyte growth factor activation promotes keratinocyte migration via CEACAM1 and urokinase plasminogen activator/urokinase plasminogen receptorStephanie Schnickmann
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 129:1140-8. 2009..carcinoembryogenic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule (CEACAM)-1 and the urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA)/uPA-receptor (uPAR) pathway were identified as possible mediators in HGF-induced keratinocyte migration...
- Differential prognostic impact of uPA and PAI-1 in colon and rectal cancerMarcus Langenskiöld
Department of Vascular Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Tumour Biol 30:210-20. 2009..The aim of the study was to evaluate the protein expression of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and plasminogen-activating inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) in plasma, tumour-free mucosa and tumour tissue regarding their ..
- Genetic polymorphism of the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 is associated with an increased risk of endometrial cancerChung Kuang Su
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Surg Oncol 104:755-9. 2011To investigate the association of uPA system genes, including uPA, uPA receptor (uPAR), and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1 gene polymorphisms, with risk of endometrial cancer.
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat and methamphetamine affect the release and activation of matrix-degrading proteinasesKatherine Conant
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurovirol 10:21-8. 2004..The release of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), an activator of MMPs, was also investigated...
- Effect of bFGF on invasion of ovarian cancer cells through the regulation of Ets-1 and urokinase-type plasminogen activatorTing Li
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shanghai First Maternity and Infant Hospital Affiliated to Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Pharm Biol 48:161-5. 2010..This was done by investigating the effects of bFGF on both the secretion of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and the invasion of tumor cells in SKOV(3) ovarian cancer cells...
- Specific knockdown of uPA/uPAR attenuates invasion in glioblastoma cells and xenografts by inhibition of cleavage and trafficking of Notch -1 receptorHari Raghu
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, One Illini Drive, Peoria, IL 61605, USA
Mol Cancer 10:130. 2011b>uPA/uPAR is a multifunctional system that is over expressed in many cancers and plays a critical role in glioblastoma (GBM) invasion...
- Exposure of cryptic domains in the alpha 1-chain of laminin-1 by elastase stimulates macrophages urokinase and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expressionK M Faisal Khan
Department of Pathology, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 277:13778-86. 2002..protein kinase C-dependent activation of MAPK(erk1/2), leading to the up-regulation of macrophage urokinase type plasminogen activator and matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9 expression...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator stimulation of monocyte matrix metalloproteinase-1 production is mediated by plasmin-dependent signaling through annexin A2 and inhibited by inactive plasminYahong Zhang
Immunopathology Section, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 179:3297-304. 2007..Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and plasmin, in addition to their role in fibrinolysis and activation of pro-MMPs, have been shown to transduce ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 functions as a urokinase response modifier at the level of cell signaling and thereby promotes MCF-7 cell growthD J Webb
Department of Pathology, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 152:741-52. 2001Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) is a major inhibitor of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA). In this study, we explored the role of PAI-1 in cell signaling...
- Common TNF-alpha, IL-1 beta, PAI-1, uPA, CD14 and TLR4 polymorphisms are not associated with disease severity or outcome from Gram negative sepsisKristine Marie Jessen
Clinical Research Unit, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Infect Dis 7:108. 2007..Only few studies have combined the analysis of multiple SNPs in the same population...
- Mcp-1, eNOS, tPA and PAI-1 gene polymorphism and correlation of genotypes and phenotypes in hepatopulmonary syndromeGokhan Tumgor
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition and Organ Transplantation and Research Center, Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Dig Dis Sci 53:1345-51. 2008..The aim of this case-control study was to investigate both the distribution of MCP-1, eNOS, tPA and PAI-1 gene polymorphism and correlation of genotypes and phenotypes...
- Thrombospondin-1 enhances human thyroid carcinoma cell invasion through urokinase activityBrice Sid
Laboratoire de Biochimie, CNRS UMR 6237 MEDyC, Faculte des Sciences, Université de Reims Champagne Ardenne URCA, Moulin de la Housse, BP13039, 51687 Reims, France
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40:1890-900. 2008..Zymography experiments revealed that the uPA-dependent proteolytic activity is directly controlled by TSP-1, MMPs activity is not...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 protects endothelial cells from FasL-mediated apoptosisKhalid Bajou
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Southern California and The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Cancer Cell 14:324-34. 2008..We further demonstrate that plasmin cleaves FasL at Arg144-Lys145, releasing a soluble proapoptotic FasL fragment from the surface of ECs. The data provide a mechanism explaining the proangiogenic activity of PAI-1...
- The receptor for urokinase type plasminogen activator polarizes expression of the protease to the leading edge of migrating monocytes and promotes degradation of enzyme inhibitor complexesA Estreicher
Institute of Histology and Embryology, University of Geneva Medical School, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 111:783-92. 1990Receptor-bound urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) remains associated to the surface of human monocytes for many hours...
- Accessibility of receptor-bound urokinase to type-1 plasminogen activator inhibitorM V Cubellis
Institute of Microbiology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86:4828-32. 1989Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) interacts with a surface receptor and with specific inhibitors, such as plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1)...
- The receptor-binding sequence of urokinase. A biological function for the growth-factor module of proteasesE Appella
J Biol Chem 262:4437-40. 1987Previous studies have shown that the region of human urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) responsible for receptor binding resides in the amino-terminal fragment (ATF, residues 1-135) (Stoppelli, M.P., Corti, A., Soffientini, A...
- Expression and localization of elements of the plasminogen activation system in benign breast disease and breast cancersJ Jankun
Department of Chemistry, University of Toledo, Ohio 43606
J Cell Biochem 53:135-44. 1993..the malignant tumors showed statistically significantly higher expression of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), type-1 plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1), and especially urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) ..
- The serpin PAI-1 inhibits cell migration by blocking integrin alpha V beta 3 binding to vitronectinS Stefansson
Biochemistry Department, J H Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
Nature 383:441-3. 1996....
- Recycling of the urokinase receptor upon internalization of the uPA:serpin complexesA Nykjaer
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Cell Biology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
EMBO J 16:2610-20. 1997The GPI-anchored urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) does not internalize free urokinase (uPA) but readily internalizes and degrades uPA:serpin complexes in a process that requires the alpha2-macroglobulin receptor/low ..
- Elevation of serum levels of urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its receptor is associated with disease progression and prognosis in patients with prostate cancerH Miyake
Department of Urology, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Prostate 39:123-9. 1999Several investigators have revealed that urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) are overexpressed in serum as well as in tumor tissues in patients with various types of cancer...
- Myosin light chain kinase functions downstream of Ras/ERK to promote migration of urokinase-type plasminogen activator-stimulated cells in an integrin-selective mannerD H Nguyen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 146:149-64. 1999Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) activates the mitogen activated protein (MAP) kinases, extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) 1 and 2, in diverse cell types...
- Urokinase gene 3'-UTR T/C polymorphism is associated with urolithiasisFuu Jen Tsai
Department of Medical Genetics, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Urology 59:458-61. 2002..To study single nucleotide polymorphisms to investigate the possibility that urokinase is involved in the formation of urolithiasis, which, although lacking in genetic evidence, has been previously proposed...
- Significance of urokinase-type plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) expression in human colorectal carcinomasS Papadopoulou
G Papanicolaou Research Center, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Tumour Biol 23:170-8. 2002..In the present study, the antigen levels of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitor PAI-1, and their immunohistochemical staining were compared in paired colorectal tumor (n = 64) ..
- Rac1-MKK3-p38-MAPKAPK2 pathway promotes urokinase plasminogen activator mRNA stability in invasive breast cancer cellsQiwei Han
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 277:48379-85. 2002..inhibits endogenous p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activity and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) expression in invasive MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells whereas engaging alphav integrins with vitronectin activates ..
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator expression correlates with tumor angiogenesis and poor outcome in gastric cancerTakeshi Kaneko
Second Department of Surgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu 431 3192
Cancer Sci 94:43-9. 2003..gastric cancer patients were assayed immunohistochemically for expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), uPA receptor (uPAR), PA inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and VEGF protein...
- Exploitation of astrocytes by glioma cells to facilitate invasiveness: a mechanism involving matrix metalloproteinase-2 and the urokinase-type plasminogen activator-plasmin cascadeDuc M Le
Department of Oncology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Neurosci 23:4034-43. 2003..in glioma-astrocyte coculture was investigated and was found to involve the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA)-plasmin cascade whereby uPA bound to uPA receptor (uPAR), leading to the conversion of plasminogen to plasmin...
- Osteopontin stimulates cell motility and nuclear factor kappaB-mediated secretion of urokinase type plasminogen activator through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathways in breast cancer cellsRiku Das
National Center for Cell Science NCCS, NCCS Complex, Pune 411 007, India
J Biol Chem 278:28593-606. 2003..the molecular mechanism by which upstream kinases regulate the OPN-induced NFkappaB activation and urokinase type plasminogen activator (uPA) secretion in human breast cancer cells is not well defined...
- Association of late-onset Alzheimer disease with a genotype of PLAU, the gene encoding urokinase-type plasminogen activator on chromosome 10q22.2U Finckh
Institut fur Humangenetik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Neurogenetics 4:213-7. 2003Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) converts plasminogen to plasmin. Plasmin is involved in processing of amyloid precursor protein and degrades secreted and aggregated amyloid-beta, a hallmark of Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Osteopontin induces AP-1-mediated secretion of urokinase-type plasminogen activator through c-Src-dependent epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation in breast cancer cellsRiku Das
National Center for Cell Science NCCS, NCCS Complex, Pune 411 007, India
J Biol Chem 279:11051-64. 2004..stimulates cell motility and nuclear factor kappaB-mediated secretion of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathways in breast cancer cells (Das, R., Mahabeleshwar, G. H...
- Integrin alphaMbeta2 orchestrates and accelerates plasminogen activation and fibrinolysis by neutrophilsElzbieta Pluskota
Joseph J Jacobs Center for Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, Department of Molecular Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 279:18063-72. 2004..enzyme, is generated on the surface of many cell types, where urokinase receptor (uPAR)-bound urokinase (uPA) activates cell-bound plasminogen (Plg)...
- Urokinase gene 3'-UTR T/C polymorphism is associated with oral cancerMing Hsui Tsai
Department of Otolaryngology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Clin Lab Anal 18:276-9. 2004..Therefore, the urokinase gene 3'-UTR "T" allele is associated with oral cancer and may play a role in oral cancer formation. However, we did not find the relationship between tumor progression and this polymorphism...
- Dynamic assembly of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator signaling receptor complex determines the mitogenic activity of urokinase-type plasminogen activatorMinji Jo
Department of Pathology, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 280:17449-57. 2005The urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor (uPAR) functions in concert with co-receptors, including integrins, FPR-like receptor-1/lipoxin A4 receptor, and the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), to initiate cell ..
- An uncleavable uPAR mutant allows dissection of signaling pathways in uPA-dependent cell migrationRoberta Mazzieri
Department of Molecular Biology and Functional Genomics, Università Vita Salute San Raffaele and S Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 17:367-78. 2006Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) binding to uPAR induces migration, adhesion, and proliferation through multiple interactions with G proteins-coupled receptor FPRL1, integrins, or the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor (..
- siRNA-mediated simultaneous downregulation of uPA and its receptor inhibits angiogenesis and invasiveness triggering apoptosis in breast cancer cellsRamesh Subramanian
Division of Cancer Biology, Department of Biomedical and Therapeutic Sciences, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, USA
Int J Oncol 28:831-9. 2006A wide variety of tumor cells exhibit overexpression of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR). In breast cancer, expression of uPA and uPAR is essential for tumor cell invasion and metastasis...
- Urokinase signaling through its receptor protects against anoikis by increasing BCL-xL expression levelsDaniela Alfano
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:17758-67. 2006..The binding of the serine protease urokinase (uPA) to its receptor (uPAR) plays a central role in the molecular events coordinating tumor cell adhesion, migration, ..
- RNAi-mediated downregulation of urokinase plasminogen activator and its receptor in human meningioma cells inhibits tumor invasion and growthShakuntala Kondraganti
Program of Cancer Biology, Department of Biomedical and Therapeutic Sciences, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, IL 61656, USA
Int J Oncol 28:1353-60. 2006..Here, we used siRNA to simultaneously target urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor, uPAR...
- The recombinant kringle domain of urokinase plasminogen activator inhibits in vivo malignant glioma growthChung Kwon Kim
Cancer Research Institute, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 137 701, Republic of Korea
Cancer Sci 98:253-8. 2007In a previous report, the recombinant kringle domain (UK1) of the urokinase type plasminogen activator (uPA) showed antiangiogenic activity...
- Expression of plasminogen activator inhibitors type 1 and type 3 and urokinase plasminogen activator protein and mRNA in breast cancerRemedios Castello
Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Thromb Res 120:753-62. 2007The urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) system has been involved in cancer cell invasion and in metastasis. uPA activity is controlled by its principal inhibitor, the PA inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1), but it can also be inhibited by PAI-3...
- Down-regulation of uPAR and uPA activates caspase-mediated apoptosis and inhibits the PI3K/AKT pathwayChristopher S Gondi
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, IL 61605, USA
Int J Oncol 31:19-27. 2007Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) play a major role in invasion and proliferation...
- c-jun-NH2JNK mediates invasive potential and EGFR activation by regulating the expression of HB-EGF in a urokinase-stimulated pathwayMónica Cáceres
Laboratorio de Biologia Celular, INTA, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Biochem 103:986-93. 2008In this study, we demonstrated that tyrosine phosphorylation of EGFR and the autocrine expression of uPA and HB-EGF depend on the activity of c-jun amino-terminal kinase (JNK) in human prostatic DU-145 cells...
- Inhibition of histone deacetylase activity promotes invasion of human cancer cells through activation of urokinase plasminogen activatorSai Murali Krishna Pulukuri
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, Illinois 61656, USA
J Biol Chem 282:35594-603. 2007..The molecular mechanisms involved in differential regulation of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) gene expression are not fully understood...
- Nuclear translocation of urokinase-type plasminogen activatorVictoria Stepanova
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Blood 112:100-10. 2008Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) participates in diverse (patho)physiological processes through intracellular signaling events that affect cell adhesion, migration, and proliferation, although the mechanisms by which these ..
- Prognostic significance of growth factors and the urokinase-type plasminogen activator system in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaAiqun Xue
Department of Surgery, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Pancreas 36:160-7. 2008To determine the diagnostic and prognostic significance of growth factors and the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) system in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) using a multigene assay.
- Expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator system in prostate cancer: correlation with clinicopathological outcomes in patients undergoing radical prostatectomyMasafumi Kumano
Division of Urology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Urol Oncol 27:180-6. 2009The objective of this study was to evaluate the expression levels of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) system in radical prostatectomy (RP) specimens in order to clarify the significance of the uPA system in prostate cancer...
- Serum cathepsin B and plasma urokinase-type plasminogen activator levels in gastrointestinal tract cancersLaszlo Herszenyi
Department of Medicine, Clinical Gastroenterology Research Unit, Hungarian Academy of Science, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Eur J Cancer Prev 17:438-45. 2008Cathepsin B (CATB) and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (UPA) play an important part in cancer invasion and metastasis...
- Targeted knockdown of Notch1 inhibits invasion of human prostate cancer cells concomitant with inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and urokinase plasminogen activatorBilal Bin Hafeez
Department of Dermatology, University of Wisconsin, 1300 University Avenue, Medical Science Center, B 25, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:452-9. 2009..Because Notch1 was found to be overexpressed in prostate cancer (PCa) cells and human PCa tissue, we therefore tested our hypothesis that overexpression of Notch1 in PCa promotes tumor invasion...
- The plasminogen activator system and cancerBrandon McMahon
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 36:184-94. 2008..Though both plasminogen activators, tPA and uPA, are expressed in tumor cells, uPA with its receptor (uPAR) is mostly involved in cellular functions, while tPA ..
- Urokinase expression in course of benign and malignant mammary lesions: comparison between nodular and healthy tissuesFrancesca Ceccarelli
UOC Medicina Territoriale Chirurgica e Prevenzione Oncologica, Department of Surgery P Valdoni, Sapienza University of Rome, C so Vittorio Emanuele II, 244, 00186 Rome, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:157-63. 2010Increased expression of urokinase (uPA), a member of the serine protease family, is an effector of metastatic cascade and has been reported in various malignancies, including breast cancer...
- Co-detection of members of the urokinase plasminogen activator system in tumour tissue and serum correlates with a poor prognosis for soft-tissue sarcoma patientsH Taubert
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Br J Cancer 102:731-7. 2010The urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) system is one of the best-investigated protease systems, both under physiological and pathological conditions, including various types of cancer...
- Comparison of microarray-based RNA expression with ELISA-based protein determination of HER2, uPA and PAI-1 in tumour tissue of patients with breast cancer and relation to outcomeIsabell D Witzel
Department of Gynecology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1709-18. 2010..established markers like human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2), urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitor (PAI-1) would represent an elegant simplification...
- Tumour budding, uPA and PAI-1 are associated with aggressive behaviour in colon cancerB Märkl
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Augsburg, Augsburg, Germany
J Surg Oncol 102:235-41. 2010The proteases PAI-1 and uPA play a major role in extracellular matrix degradation, which facilitates tumour progression. Tumour budding is a histomorphological expression of enhanced tumour cell migration.
- Suppression of uPA and uPAR attenuates angiogenin mediated angiogenesis in endothelial and glioblastoma cell linesHari Raghu
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12458. 2010In our earlier reports, we showed that downregulation of uPA and uPAR inhibited glioma tumor angiogenesis in SNB19 cells, and intraperitoneal injection of a hairpin shRNA expressing plasmid targeting uPA and uPAR inhibited angiogenesis ..
- Downregulation of uPA/uPAR inhibits intermittent hypoxia-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in DAOY and D283 medulloblastoma cellsReshu Gupta
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, IL 61605, USA
Int J Oncol 38:733-44. 2011Hypoxia is known to induce overexpression of the urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) and thus overexpression promotes uPAR-mediated survival signaling in various cancers...
- Signaling mechanisms responsible for lysophosphatidic acid-induced urokinase plasminogen activator expression in ovarian cancer cellsHongbin Li
Department of Immunology and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 280:10564-71. 2005Lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) enhances urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) expression in ovarian cancer cells; however, the molecular mechanisms responsible for this event have not been investigated...
- Evaluation of urokinase plasminogen activator and its receptor in different grades of human prostate cancerPaul J Cozzi
Department of Surgery, St George Hospital, Kogarah, NSW, Australia
Hum Pathol 37:1442-51. 2006Increased expression of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) has been reported in various malignancies including prostate cancer (CaP)...
- Association of the circulating levels of the urokinase system of plasminogen activation with the presence of prostate cancer and invasion, progression, and metastasisShahrokh F Shariat
Department of Urology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9110, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:349-55. 2007To assess whether preoperative plasma levels of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its soluble receptor (uPAR) would predict cancer of the prostate (CaP) presence, stage, and prognosis.
- The very low density lipoprotein receptor mediates the cellular catabolism of lipoprotein lipase and urokinase-plasminogen activator inhibitor type I complexesK M Argraves
Holland Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26550-7. 1995..In addition, urokinase complexed with plasminogen activator-inhibitor type I (uPA.PAI-1) also bound to the purified VLDL receptor with high affinity...
- [Expression and clinical significance of uPA and PAI-1 in epithelial ovarian cancer]Zhe Cai
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China
Ai Zheng 26:312-7. 2007Recent researches showed that urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitor, plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI)-1, play an important role in the invasion and metastasis of solid tumors...
- uPA/uPAR downregulation inhibits radiation-induced migration, invasion and angiogenesis in IOMM-Lee meningioma cells and decreases tumor growth in vivoOdysseas Kargiotis
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, IL 61605, USA
Int J Oncol 33:937-47. 2008..of surviving tumor cells, and several proteolytic enzyme molecules, including urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), seem to be upregulated after radiation...
- In vivo suppression of vein graft disease by nonviral, electroporation-mediated, gene transfer of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 linked to the amino terminal fragment of urokinase (TIMP-1.ATF), a cell-surface directed matrix metalloproteinase inhDaniel Eefting
Gaubius Laboratory, TNO Quality of Life, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Vasc Surg 51:429-37. 2010..b>ATF, consisting of the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) and the receptor-binding amino terminal ..
- Inhibition of receptor-bound urokinase by plasminogen-activator inhibitorsV Ellis
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 265:9904-8. 1990Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) binds to a specific receptor on various cell types, the bound molecule retaining its enzymatic activity against plasminogen...
- Cooperativity between the Ras-ERK and Rho-Rho kinase pathways in urokinase-type plasminogen activator-stimulated cell migrationMinji Jo
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 277:12479-85. 2002Binding of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) to its receptor activates diverse cell signaling pathways. How these signals are integrated so that cell physiology is altered remains unclear...
- Predictive impact of urokinase-type plasminogen activator: plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 complex on the efficacy of adjuvant systemic therapy in primary breast cancerPeggy Manders
Department of Chemical Endocrinology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 64:659-64. 2004..This system comprises of, among others, the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its main inhibitor (PAI-1)...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) stimulates cholesterol biosynthesis in macrophages through activation of SREBP-1 in a PI3-kinase and MEK-dependent mannerBianca Fuhrman
The Lipid Research Laboratory, Technion Faculty of Medicine, The Rappaport Family Institute for Research in the Medical Sciences, and Rambam Medical Center, Haifa 31096, Israel
Atherosclerosis 195:e108-16. 2007Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) is expressed in human atherosclerotic lesions, predominantly in macrophages, and contributes to atherosclerosis progression...
- IL-1 beta induces urokinase-plasminogen activator expression and cell migration through PKC alpha, JNK1/2, and NF-kappaB in A549 cellsChing Yi Cheng
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 219:183-93. 2009..ECM) is accomplished by the concerted action of several proteases, including the urokinase plasminogen-activator (uPA) system and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), which is crucial for cancer invasion and metastasis...
- Amino-terminal fragment of urokinase-type plasminogen activator inhibits HIV-1 replicationM Wada
Laboratories for Bioengineering and Research, JCR Pharmaceuticals Company, Ltd, 2 2 10 Murotani, Nishi ku, Kobe, 651 2241, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:346-51. 2001..and identified this activity as the amino-terminal fragment (ATF) of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA)...
- Accumulation of uPA-PAI-1 complexes inside the tumour cells is associated with axillary nodal invasion in progesterone-receptor-positive early breast cancerJ Schneider
Fundación Tejerina Centro de Patología de la Mama, Madrid, Spain
Br J Cancer 88:96-101. 2003Both urokinase-like plasminogen activator (uPA) and its inhibitor plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1), as well as uPA-PAI-1 complexes, have been identified as important prognostic factors in breast cancer...
- Protein expression of MMP-13, uPA, and PAI-1 in pseudocapsular and interface tissue around implants of loose artificial hip joints and in osteoarthritisPeter Diehl
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Technical University of Munich, D 81675 Munchen, Germany
Int J Mol Med 13:711-5. 2004Matrix metalloproteinase 13 (MMP-13), urokinase type plasminogen activator (uPA), and plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1) have been reported to be involved in aseptic loosening of artificial hip joints...
- Expression of urokinase plasminogen activator, its receptor and type-1 inhibitor in malignant and benign prostate tissuePernille Autzen Usher
The Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Cancer 113:870-80. 2005..We have studied the expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) mRNA, uPA receptor (uPAR) mRNA and immunoreactivity, and type-1 plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) mRNA and ..
- Evaluation of cerebrospinal fluid uPA, PAI-1, and soluble uPAR levels in HIV-infected patientsB Sporer
Department of Neurology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 163:190-4. 2005To evaluate the potential role of the uPAR/uPA/PAI-1 system in HIV-induced blood-brain-barrier (BBB) disruption, CSF uPA-dependent plasminogen activation (PdPA) was analyzed by casein zymography, and CSF protein levels of all three ..
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor variants PAI-1 A15T and PAI-2 S413C influence lung cancer prognosisMaria Chiara Di Bernardo
Section of Cancer Genetics, Brookes Lawley Building, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, United Kingdom
Lung Cancer 65:237-41. 2009..An association was also detected between OS in NSCLC and carrier status for PAI-2 413C (HR=1.13; 95% CI: 1.01-1.24). These common genetic variants identified warrant further evaluation as promising prognostic markers of patient outcome...
- Glucocorticoid (GC)-mediated down-regulation of urokinase plasminogen activator expression via the serum and GC regulated kinase-1/forkhead box O3a pathwayTravis Pew
Department of Medicine and Committee on Cancer Biology, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 2115, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Endocrinology 149:2637-45. 2008..ChIP microarray results reveal urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) as a putative novel target of FOXO3a in breast epithelial and breast cancer cell lines...
- Proteomic identification of LASP-1 down-regulation after RNAi urokinase silencing in human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsAlessandro Salvi
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, Division of Biology and Genetics, IDET Centre of Excellence, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Neoplasia 11:207-19. 2009In human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the high expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) is an unfavorable prognostic factor and a therapeutic target...
- Tumor stroma is the predominant uPA-, uPAR-, PAI-1-expressing tissue in human breast cancer: prognostic impactRalf Hildenbrand
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Histol Histopathol 24:869-77. 2009Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), its receptor (uPAR) and its inhibitor PAI-1, play a key role in tumor invasion and metastasis...
- SMAD3 is essential for transforming growth factor-β1-induced urokinase type plasminogen activator expression and migration in transformed keratinocytesJelena Kocic
Laboratory for Experimental Hematology, Institute for Medical Research, University of Belgrade, Dr Subotica 4, PO Box 102, 11129 Belgrade, Serbia
Eur J Cancer 48:1550-7. 2012..In the present study, we analysed the role of TGF-β1-induced Smad3 activation in the urokinase type plasminogen activator (uPA) production, as well as in cell migration and E-cadherin downregulation in transformed PDV ..
- Prognostic significance of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) in patients with primary invasive ductal breast carcinoma - a 7.5-year follow-up studySanda Jelisavac-Cosic
Department of Pathophysiology, Zagreb University Medical School, Zagreb, Croatia
Tumori 97:532-9. 2011Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) are key molecules in pericellular proteolysis, a process that plays an important role in tumor invasion and metastasis...
- Genetic polymorphism of urokinase-type plasminogen activator is interacting with plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 to raise risk of cervical neoplasiaYi Torng Tee
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Surg Oncol 106:204-8. 2012To evaluate the impact of plasminogen activator (PA) system genes, including urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), uPA receptor (uPAR), and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) gene polymorphisms in patients with the cervical ..
- Expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), its receptor (uPAR), and inhibitor (PAI-1) in human breast carcinomas and their clinical relevanceSarah A Andres
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute for Molecular Diversity and Drug Design, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Clin Lab Anal 26:93-103. 2012..Both urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and pro-uPA associate with uPA receptor (uPAR) on target cells, where plasminogen activator inhibitors (e.g...
- Urokinase-urokinase receptor interaction mediates an inhibitory signal for HIV-1 replicationMassimo Alfano
AIDS Immunopathogenesis Unit, Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina n 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8862-7. 2002Elevated levels of soluble urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) receptor, CD87/u-PAR, predict survival in individuals infected with HIV-1...
- Dynamics of the multidomain fibrinolytic protein urokinase from two-dimensional NMRR E Oswald
Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, University of Oxford, UK
Nature 337:579-82. 1989..Preliminary results with other proteins indicate that this approach may be generally applicable to other multidomain proteins of the fibrinolytic family...
- The human urokinase-plasminogen activator gene and its promoterA Riccio
Nucleic Acids Res 13:2759-71. 1985The urokinase type of plasminogen activator (uPA) is subject to regulation by hormones, phorbol esters and oncogenic transformation...
- The role of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA)/uPA receptor in HIV-1 infectionMassimo Alfano
Department of Immunology and Infectious Disease, Vita Salute University School of Medicine, Milan, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 74:750-6. 2003The binding of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) to its glycosyl-phosphatidyl-inositol (GPI) anchored receptor (uPAR) mediates a variety of functions in terms of vascular homeostasis, inflammation and tissue repair...
- The complex between urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its type-1 inhibitor (PAI-I) independently predicts response to first-line endocrine therapy in advanced breast cancerPeggy Manders
Department of Chemical Endocrinology, 530, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, NL 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 91:514-21. 2004It has been shown that urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its main inhibitor (PAI-I) have predictive value for therapy success in advanced breast cancer...
- DRL performance in mice with deletion of tPA, uPA or PAI-1 genesJ M Horwood
Laboratory of Experimental Psychology, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9QG, UK
Behav Pharmacol 12:487-96. 2001..two distinct subtypes, tissue plasminogen activating factor and urokinase plasminogen activating factor (tPA and uPA, respectively), which are both expressed in brain areas thought to be important in learning and memory...
- Evaluation of urinary plasminogen activator, its receptor, matrix metalloproteinase-9, and von Willebrand factor in pancreatic cancerShashi R Harvey
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:4935-43. 2003..cancer is the loss of basement membrane that may be attributed to the action of urinary plasminogen activator (uPA) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9). These enzymes are also implicated in angiogenesis...
- Yves A DeClerck; Fiscal Year: 2016..controls the activation of plasminogen into plasmin by tissue and urokinase type plasminogen activators (tPA and uPA, respectively). In the past, PAI-1 was considered to be anti-tumorigenic...
- Workshop on the Molecular and Cellular Biology of Plasminogen ActivationVictoria Ploplis; Fiscal Year: 2013..regulates this process at the level of the primary physiological activators, urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA), resulting in formation of stable serpin/protease complexes...
- Urokinase, Neutrophil Activation and Acute Lung Injury.Gang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..and fibrinolytic pathways, associated with increases in circulating and pulmonary concentrations of urokinase (uPA), plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1), and vitronectin, are present in almost all patients with acute lung ..
- Gary W Hoyle; Fiscal Year: 2016..This type of research is important because of concerns that U.S. civilians could be adversely affected by the accidental or intentional release of highly toxic chemicals such as chlorine. ..
- Pathogenesis of LymphangioleiomyomatosisLucia Schuger; Fiscal Year: 2010..matrix (ECM)-degrading enzymes including several metalloproteinases (MMPs) and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA)...
- Agnes B Fogo; Fiscal Year: 2016..deficiency maintains podocyte number and function, and that this is mediated by decrease in the urokinase type plasminogen activator receptor...
- PAI-1 Targeted Intrapleural Fibronolytic TherapyAndrey Komissarov; Fiscal Year: 2012..in the pathogenesis of pleural loculation and inhibits tissue and urokinase plasminogen activators;tPA and uPA, which are currently used for IPFT...
- REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESIS BY PAI1Daniel Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2001..The serine proteinases urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) both activate the broad specificity zymogen plasminogen into its ..
- Plasminogen activators and NMDA after brain injuryWilliam M Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2012..Urokinase and tissue plasminogen activator (uPA and tPA) are serine proteases whose contributions to the regulation of cerebral hemodynamics are not well ..
- Proteases in IOP-mediated glaucomatous damageShravan K Chintala; Fiscal Year: 2010..will test the hypothesis that proteases, tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), up-regulated by elevated IOP cause RGC loss and inhibition of these proteases prevents IOP-mediated RGC loss...
- EDWARD FRANKLIN PLOW; Fiscal Year: 2015..Taken together, these studies will define how plasminogen and its receptors function in biologically important responses. ..
- Vladimir R Muzykantov; Fiscal Year: 2016..protein receptor (LRP1) and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors (NMDARs) in the pulmonary vasculature by uPA (and tPA) which disrupts pulmonary arterial EC barrier function and deregulates vascular tone, offsetting the ..
- ABD ALROOF HIGAZI; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will test these tPA variants and use mice with genetic deletion of tPA to provide insight into the pathogenesis of progressive ICH post TBI and to develop novel therapeutic interventions. ..
- JEFFREY THOMAS MASON; Fiscal Year: 2016..Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 (PAI-1) have been validated at the highest level of evidence (LOE-1) as ..
- REGULATION OF PROUROKINASE-MEDIATED FIBRINOLYSIS BY ZINCS Husain; Fiscal Year: 1990Urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) are believed to play a role in thrombolysis as well as localized degradation of extracellular matrix proteins...
- Targeted Nanoprobes For Intraoperative optical Imaging of Breast Cancer MarginsLily Yang; Fiscal Year: 2012..probe by labeling a peptide containing the receptor binding domain (ATF) of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) with a near infrared (NIR) dye and then conjugating these complexes to a magnetic iron oxide (IO) nanoparticle...
- Inhibition of matrix proteases to sensitize medulloblastoma cells to radiationAndrei L Gartel; Fiscal Year: 2013..A significant association of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and matrix metalloprotease-9 (MMP-9) expression with survival and M-stage indicates that these proteases may ..
- Regulation of Fibronectin Matrix Assembly by uPARPAULA J MC KEOWN-LONGO; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Robert J Parmer; Fiscal Year: 2016..includes all major components of the plasminogen activation pathway, including plasminogen activator [urokinase (uPA)], the urokinase receptor (uPAR), the zymogen plasminogen, and of high importance, the specific plasminogen ..
- Lily Yang; Fiscal Year: 2015..Clinical impact: The proposed study addresses the urgent need in clinical management of TNBC to improve the survival of patients afflicted with TNBC. ..
- QD-BRET nanosensors for protease detection and imagingJianghong Rao; Fiscal Year: 2012..matrilysin, the smallest member with broad proteolytic activity;and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) that involves the activation of MMPs...
- SHIVALINGAPPA KOTTUR SWAMYNATHAN; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Though the secreted Ly6/urokinase type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) related protein-1 (Slurp1) is one of the most abundantly expressed proteins in the cornea and is secreted into the tear ..
- Urokinase plasminogen activator receptor associated protein and acute lung injuryMichael Bundesmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Second, it binds uPAR (urokinase plasminogen activator receptor), and may decrease uPA (urokinase plasminogen activator) activation...
- Protease Pathways in the Gastrointestinal TractToni M Antalis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Matriptase activates several inactive protease zymogens, including urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and prostasin, and also activates pro-hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), which serves as a ligand for c-met, a ..
- Chen Yong Lin; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Nancy M Dahms; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will also provide the structural basis for the design of improved therapeutics for the treatment of lysosomal storage disorders, and novel inhibitors of viral infection and growth factor activation. ..
- A Role of Novel Serpin Maspinin Prostate Tumor/Bone InteractionShijie Sheng; Fiscal Year: 2012..the presentation as well as the activity of PC cell surface-associated urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and uPA receptor (uPAR)...
- Sergei A Grando; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- EPITHELIAL ACETYLCHOLINE IN ORAL BIOLOGY AND PATHOLOGYSergei A Grando; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Steven L Gonias; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 3, we test whether inadvertent activation of the uPA-uPAR system, in GBM cells treated with EGFR-targeting therapeutics, induces phenotypic changes favoring cell ..
- Lily Yang; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Shivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2016..At the same time, expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) is significantly downregulated by BITC treatment...
- Correlation of MMP activity with anatomic changes in the ruptured AAA wallSEAN JASON ENGLISH; Fiscal Year: 2011..g. plasminogen activators tPA and uPA), in excess of their inhibitors, activate metalloproteinase's (MMP2 and 9) at specific locations in the aortic ..
- Lindsey A Miles; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Nuclear urokinase (uPA) regulates tumor cell proliferation and survival.Victoria Stepanova; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA), its high affinity receptor (uPAR/CD87) and PA inhibitors (PAI's) are widely used biomarkers of malignant transformation, tumor growth, propensity to ..
- Folate Receptor-Mediated siRNA Delivery to Cancer CellsFaqing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Lily Yang; Fiscal Year: 2014..RELEVANCE (See instructions);This research project will develop novel tumor targeted nanotechnology therapeutics for improving the treatment of pancreas cancer. ..
- A Technological Platform for the Identification of Serine Proteases in CancerCHARLES SCOTT CRAIK; Fiscal Year: 2011..understanding of the role of extracellular proteases in cancer we will target MTSP-1/matriptase, urokinase type plasminogen activator and prostate specific antigen for functional monitoring of their activity for both preclinical and ..
- The Regulation of UPA and UPAR in Human Carcinoma CellsShuang Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The overexpression of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and its receptor (uPAR) is detected in various malignancies...
- M Ilyas Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2016..This study is focused on identifying the AD gene on chromosome 10 by using a large case-control sample in the discovery sample and a family-based sample in the replication sample. ..
- Ivory Dean; Fiscal Year: 2014..Extracelluar maspin regulates pro-urokinase plasminogen activator (pro-uPA), and its receptor, uPAR, at the cell surface...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A RAPID IN VITRO SCREENING ASSAY FOR DETECTION OF CANCER BIOMARKEFRANK KROH; Fiscal Year: 2011..Measuring twelve proteases in total that are linked to pancreatic cancer progression will allow us to obtain statistically significant measurements within 1 hour. ..
- Jan Grimm; Fiscal Year: 2015..It provides an entire new path for radiotracers to detect relevant biological signals. These nanosensors could ultimately find their way into the clinical realm, for example in intraoperative imaging. ..
- Jochen Reiser; Fiscal Year: 2016..In sum, this research program will potentially unravel a major cause of FSGS and might lead to a refined treatment for patients with the disease. ..
- MARTY DAVID PAGEL; Fiscal Year: 2016..enzyme-responsive CEST agents that semi-quantitatively detect the activities of urokinase Plasminogen Activator (uPA) in mouse models of pancreatic cancer, Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen (PSMA) in mouse models of prostate cancer,..
- Dexing Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Small-molecule Inhibition of the Interactions of the Urokinase Receptor: A TargeSamy Meroueh; Fiscal Year: 2012..The urokinase receptor (uPAR) is a GPI-anchored protein that serves as a receptor to the serine protease urokinase (uPA)...
- TARGET SPECIFIC AND DRUG LOADED IRON OXIDE NANOPARTICLES FOR CANCER IMAGING AND Andrew Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Therefore, the proposed nanoparticles are therapeutic imaging nanoparticles that have great potential for future clinical application in detection and treatment of breast cancer. ..
- IMMUNE TROPHOBLAST INJURYKeith McCrae; Fiscal Year: 1992..fluidity in remodeled vessels may depend on their regulated production of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA), uPA receptors (UPAR) and plasminogen activator inhibitors (PAis)...
- Targeting Urokinase Pathway for Breast Cancer TherapyRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2003..For example, overexpression of the EGF and HER2 receptors, and urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) are frequently associated with an aggressive clinical course, shorter disease-free survival periods, poor ..
- HIV-Associated Dementia and the Urokinase Plasminogen Activation SystemPaola Cinque; Fiscal Year: 2007..by applicant): This application has the purpose of investigating the role of the urokinase plasminogen activation (uPA) system in HIV infection of the central nervous system (CNS) and its most important clinical consequence, HIV ..
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator and Alzheimer'sSteven Estus; Fiscal Year: 2004..The gene encoding urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) is within this implicated region...
- PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATION AND PLASMINOGEN ACTIVATORJAY DEGEN; Fiscal Year: 1991..We selected the urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) gene for detailed study because: 1) cAMP and PMA stimulate a rapid and substantial increase in uPA production in a ..
- STRUCTURAL MOTIFS AND PLASMINOGEN ACTIVATORJames Quigley; Fiscal Year: 1999The proteolytic enzyme, urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) is involved directly in the invasive and metastatic behavior of a number of malignant cell systems...
- Urokinase-type Plasminogen Activator System and Pancreatic Stellate CellsAurelia Lugea; Fiscal Year: 2007..Extracellular proteolysis associated with the urokinase-type plasminogen activator system (uPA) is increasingly recognized as central to processes including ECM degradation, cell migration, cell adhesion and ..
- Toni M Antalis; Fiscal Year: 2016..may affect two independent pathways to regulate venous thrombus resolution, through inflammatory and urokinase (uPA) activation mechanisms, and its activities may be regulated by the G protein coupled receptor PAR2...
- Non Viral Gene Therapy for Lung InjurySong Li; Fiscal Year: 2012..We propose in this application to develop a novel and safe nonviral vector for pulmonary uPA gene transfer for the treatment of pulmonary injury...
- uPA/uPAR and Ro60 in the pathogenesis of congenital heart blockPARASKEVI BRIASOULI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Audrey Bernstein, an expert in the basic biology of the uPA/uPAR system under study...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION ANALYSIS OF THE UROKINASE RECEPTORDouglas Cines; Fiscal Year: 2002Urokinase (uPA) contributes to physiologic processes (e.g fibrinolysis, angiogenesis and wound healing) and pathophysiologic processes (e.g...
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL MEDIATED FIBRINOLYSISDavid Loskutoff; Fiscal Year: 1991..Additional levels of regulation are implied since the urokinase-like PA (uPA) behaves as a proenzyme, and also binds to specific receptors on the cell surface...
- PLASMIN, FIBRIN, AND METALLOPROTEINASES IN LUNG FIBROSISThomas Sisson; Fiscal Year: 2004..This impaired activity occurs from an imbalance between urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) and its major inhibitor, plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)...
- Serpin Modulation of Inflammatory Vasculitis; Potential for Immunomodulatory TherALEXANDRA ROSE LUCAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..These serpins target protease cascades in the clot dissolving thrombolytic (uPA, tPA for Serp-1 and NSP;plasmin for Serp-1 ) and clot forming thrombotic pathways (fXa for Serp-1)...
- Extracellular Proteinases in Ocular NeovascularizationArup Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..step of angiogenesis is partially dependent upon the expression and activity of proteinases, including urokinase (uPA) and its receptor...
- Novel Glioma uPA Inhibitor Design Guided by Intracellular signaling PathwaysFredric A Gorin; Fiscal Year: 2010..syntheses of these novel compounds were derived from our recent demonstration that urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) becomes enzymatically activated intracellularly in hypoxic and acidotic high grade human gliomas...
- Mahin D Maines; Fiscal Year: 2015..that regulate glucose uptake, cell growth, apoptosis and stress-response gene expression (c-fos, c-jun, HO-1, CREB/ATF- 2)...
- WIDEBAND CLINICAL DIAGNOSIS AND MONITORING OF MIDDLE-EAR AND COCHLEAR FUNCTIONDouglas H Keefe; Fiscal Year: 2013..The acoustic immittance tests in the battery to assess middle-ear function are an acoustic transfer function (ATF) test and an acoustic- reflex threshold (ART) test...
- THROMBUS-SPECIFIC ANTIBODY DERIVATIVESPatent Number: WO9116353-A1; Date:1991-10-31
- Process for the production of proteinsPatent Number: EP0288435-A1; Date:1988-10-26