Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UGT2B15
Description: UDP glucuronosyltransferase family 2 member B15
Alias: HLUG4, UDPGT 2B8, UDPGT2B15, UDPGTH3, UGT2B8, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15, UDP glucuronosyltransferase 2 family, member 15, UDP glucuronosyltransferase 2 family, member B8, UDP glucuronosyltransferase 2 family, polypeptide B15, UDP glycosyltransferase 2B15, UDP gycosyltransferase 2 family, member B15, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B8, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase UGT2B15, UDP-glucuronyltransferase, family 2, beta-15, uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase 2 family, member B8, uridine diphosphate glycosyltransferase 2 family, member B15
Publications152 found, 100 shown here
- Association of the polymorphisms of genes involved in androgen metabolism and signaling pathways with familial prostate cancer risk in a Japanese populationHironobu Okugi
Department of Urology, Gunma University School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi, 371 8511 Gunma, Japan
Cancer Detect Prev 30:262-8. 2006..Androgen plays a central role in the normal and malignant development of prostate glands. Genetic polymorphisms of genes involved in androgen metabolism and signaling might be associated with the risk of prostate cancer...
- Stable expression of a human liver UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT2B15) with activity toward steroid and xenobiotic substratesM D Green
Department of Pharmacology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242
Drug Metab Dispos 22:799-805. 1994..Biochemistry 32, 10648-10657, 1993). HE8a is a member of the UGT2B gene family, and it has been designated UGT2B15. Over 100 compounds were tested for their reactivity with the expressed protein...
- Isolation and characterization of UGT2B15(Y85): a UDP-glucuronosyltransferase encoded by a polymorphic geneE Levesque
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacogenetics 7:317-25. 1997..Characterization of the UGT2B15(Y85) cDNA, which was isolated from human prostate and LNCaP cell cDNA libraries, revealed 20 nucleotide ..
- An allele-specific polymerase chain reaction method for the determination of the D85Y polymorphism in the human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 gene in a case-control study of prostate cancerS L MacLeod
Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 7:777-82. 2000UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 (UGT2B15) catalyzes the inactivation of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) by forming the DHT-glucuronide and is expressed in normal and hyperplastic prostate tissue...
- A polymorphism in the UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 gene (D85Y) is not associated with prostate cancer riskAndrea Gsur
Division of Applied and Experimental Oncology, Institute of Cancer Research, University of Vienna, Austria
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:497-8. 2002
- Prostate cancer and polymorphism D85Y in gene for dihydrotestosterone degrading enzyme UGT2B15: Frequency of DD homozygotes increases with Gleason ScoreTine Hajdinjak
Department of Urology, Maribor Teaching Hospital, Maribor, Slovenia
Prostate 59:436-9. 2004Although, a functional rationale for influence of polymorphism D85Y in gene UGT2B15 on prostate cancer (PCa) exists (different V(max) of enzyme), conflicting results have been reported.
- Asp85tyr polymorphism in the udp-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 2B15 gene and the risk of prostate cancerJong Park
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Urol 171:2484-8. 2004..The UGT2B15 allele exhibits 2-fold decreased activity for dihydrotestosterone, which was suggested to be associated with the ..
- Cellular specific expression of the androgen-conjugating enzymes UGT2B15 and UGT2B17 in the human prostate epitheliumSarah Chouinard
Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Endocr Res 30:717-25. 2004..These results demonstrate that, in the human prostate, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17 genes have complementary roles, and are expressed in cells where their specific substrates are ..
- Association of genetic variation in tamoxifen-metabolizing enzymes with overall survival and recurrence of disease in breast cancer patientsSusan A Nowell
Department of Epidemiology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 91:249-58. 2005..functional polymorphisms in CYP2D6, the P450 catalyzing the formation of active tamoxifen metabolites, and UGT2B15, a Phase II enzyme facilitating the elimination of active metabolite in a retrospective study of breast cancer ..
- The uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 D85Y and 2B17 deletion polymorphisms predict the glucuronidation pattern of androgens and fat mass in menCharlotte Swanson
Center for Bone Research at the Sahlgrenska Academy, Department of Internal Medicine, Goteborg University, SE 41345 Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4878-82. 2007..Previous in vitro studies have demonstrated that the UDP glucuronosyltransferase (UGT)2B15 and UGT2B17 glucuronidate androgens and their metabolites...
- UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 (UGT2B15) and UGT2B17 enzymes are major determinants of the androgen response in prostate cancer LNCaP cellsSarah Chouinard
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, CHUL Research Center, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:33466-74. 2007..The presence of UGT2B15/B17 in the epithelial cells of the human prostate has been clearly demonstrated, and significant 3alpha-DIOL ..
- Copy-number variations (CNVs) of the human sex steroid metabolizing genes UGT2B17 and UGT2B28 and their associations with a UGT2B15 functional polymorphismVincent Menard
Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec CHUQ Research Center, and Pharmacy Department, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Hum Mutat 30:1310-9. 2009..They are involved, along with UGT2B15, in the catabolism of sex-steroid hormones...
- Allelic imbalance (AI) identifies novel tissue-specific cis-regulatory variation for human UGT2B15Chang Sun
Department of Human Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Hum Mutat 31:99-107. 2010Allelic imbalance (AI) is a powerful tool to identify cis-regulatory variation for gene expression. UGT2B15 is an important enzyme involved in the metabolism of multiple endobiotics and xenobiotics...
- Differential expression of the androgen-conjugating UGT2B15 and UGT2B17 enzymes in prostate tumor cells during cancer progressionSophie Paquet
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec Research Centre and Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, 2705 Boulevard Laurier, Quebec QC, Canada G1V 4G2
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E428-32. 2012..Androgens play major roles in prostate cancer initiation and development. In prostate cells, the human uridine diphosphate-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT)2B15 and UGT2B17 enzymes inactivate androgens...
- Catalog of 86 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in three uridine diphosphate glycosyltransferase genes: UGT2A1, UGT2B15, and UGT8Aritoshi Iida
Laboratory for Genotyping, RIKEN SNP Research Center, c o RIKEN Yokohama Institute, Kanagawa, Japan
J Hum Genet 47:505-10. 2002..found among 48 Japanese individuals in three uridine diphosphate glycosyltransferase (UGT) genes, UGT2A1, UGT2B15, and UGT8...
- Cloning and characterisation of the first drug-metabolising canine UDP-glucuronosyltransferase of the 2B subfamilyMatthew G Soars
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, DD1 9SY, Scotland, UK
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1251-9. 2003..The following results were obtained: (i) sequence alignments between UGT2B31 and UGT2B15 gave the greatest degree of identity (76%); however, human UGT2B4, human UGT2B7, monkey UGT2B9 (all 75%), and rat ..
- Identification of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase enzyme(s) responsible for the glucuronidation of ezetimibe (Zetia)Anima Ghosal
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 32:314-20. 2004..Recombinant human UGT1A1, UGT1A3, and UGT2B15 all exhibited catalytic activity with respect to the formation of the phenolic glucuronide...
- Regioselective glucuronidation of denopamine: marked species differences and identification of human udp-glucuronosyltransferase isoformHidefumi Kaji
Exploratory Toxicology and DMPK Research Laboratories, Tanabe Seiyaku Co, Ltd, 2 2 50 Kawagishi, Toda Saitama 335 8505, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 33:403-12. 2005..UGT) isoforms (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT1A7, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, UGT1A10, UGT2B4, UGT2B7, UGT2B15, and UGT2B17), only UGT2B7 exhibited high denopamine glucuronosyltransferase activity...
- Characterization and regulation of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases in steroid target tissuesA Belanger
MRC Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center and Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 65:301-10. 1998..Recently, we have reported the tissue distribution of UGT2B15, which can conjugate steroids in several human extrahepatic steroid target tissues including the skin, breast and ..
- Uridine diphosphate sugar-selective conjugation of an aldose reductase inhibitor (AS-3201) by UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B subfamily in human liver microsomesKenji Toide
Laboratory of Drug Metabolism, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 67:1269-78. 2004..activities were detectable with multiple UGT isoforms (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT2B4, UGT2B7, and UGT2B15)...
- Glucuronidation of racemic O-desmethyltramadol, the active metabolite of tramadolPäivi Lehtonen
Faculty of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, FI 00014, Finland
Eur J Pharm Sci 41:523-30. 2010..Similar though not strict enantioselectivity was exhibited by UGT2B15. UGT2B7, on the other hand, glucuronidated both O-desmethyltramadol enantiomers, with slight preference for 1S,2S-..
- Isolation and characterization of the human UGT2B15 gene, localized within a cluster of UGT2B genes and pseudogenes on chromosome 4D Turgeon
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Laval University, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
J Mol Biol 295:489-504. 2000..b>UGT2B15 and UGT2B17 are 95% identical in primary structure, and are expressed in steroid target tissues where they ..
- Human cytosolic hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases of the aldo-ketoreductase superfamily catalyze reduction of conjugated steroids: implications for phase I and phase II steroid hormone metabolismYi Jin
Centers of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology and Cancer Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6084, USA
J Biol Chem 284:10013-22. 2009..via the previously unrecognized "conjugation pathway" involving the sequential reactions of UGT2B17 and AKR1C4 in liver but via the conventional "reduction pathway" involving the sequential reactions of AKR1C2 and UGT2B15/17 in prostate.
- The configuration of the 17-hydroxy group variably influences the glucuronidation of beta-estradiol and epiestradiol by human UDP-glucuronosyltransferasesKatriina Itäaho
Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, P O Box 56 Viikinkaari 5, University of Helsinki, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Drug Metab Dispos 36:2307-15. 2008..b>UGT2B15 glucuronidated both estradiols at the 3-OH, with a strong preference for epiestradiol...
- Gene expression profiles in liver of pigs with extreme high and low levels of androstenoneMaren Moe
The Norwegian Pig Breeders Association NORSVIN, Hamar, Norway
BMC Vet Res 4:29. 2008..In this study, microarrays were used to identify differentially expressed genes and pathways related to androstenone metabolism in the liver from boars with extreme levels of androstenone in adipose tissue...
- Glucuronidation of 1'-hydroxyestragole (1'-HE) by human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases UGT2B7 and UGT1A9Lalitha V Iyer
Biopharmaceutical Division, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Toxicol Sci 73:36-43. 2003..94 +/- 0.188 pmols/min/mg), UGT1A9 (51.36 +/- 0.72 pmoles/min/mg), and UGT2B15 (8.18 +/- 0.037 pmoles/min/mg) were responsible for 1'-HEG formation...
- The glucuronidation of Delta4-3-Keto C19- and C21-hydroxysteroids by human liver microsomal and recombinant UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGTs): 6alpha- and 21-hydroxyprogesterone are selective substrates for UGT2B7K Bowalgaha
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, SA 5042, Australia
Drug Metab Dispos 35:363-70. 2007..In contrast, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17 were the major forms involved in human liver microsomal testosterone 17beta-glucuronidation and the ..
- Evaluation of genetic variations in the androgen and estrogen metabolic pathways as risk factors for sporadic and familial prostate cancerJulie M Cunningham
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:969-78. 2007..Those genes tested included PRL, LHB, CYP11A1, HSD3B1, HSD3B2, HSD17B2, CYP17, SRD5A2, AKR1C3, UGT2B15, AR, SHBG, and KLK3 from the androgen pathway and CYP19, HSD17B1, CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP1B1, COMT, GSTP1, GSTT1, ..
- Determination of mRNA expression of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and application for localization in various human tissues by real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reactionShuji Ohno
Department of Biochemistry, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 4 41 Ebara, Shinagawa, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 37:32-40. 2009..We were surprised to find that extremely high expression in the liver was found for UGT2B4 and UGT2B15, which had, respectively, 8.98 and 4.38 times greater expression than UGT2B7 in the liver...
- Functions and transcriptional regulation of PAH-inducible human UDP-glucuronosyltransferasesK W Bock
Institute of Toxicology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Drug Metab Rev 31:411-22. 1999Functions and regulation of selected human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGT1A1, UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT1A9, UGT2B7, UGT2B15) are summarized...
- The regulation of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes by tissue-specific and ligand-activated transcription factorsPeter I Mackenzie
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Flinders Medical Science and Technology, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Drug Metab Rev 42:99-109. 2010..gene expression in the gastrointestinal tract, whereas the genes for the major androgen-glucuronidating enzymes, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17, are upregulated by estrogens in breast cell lines and downregulated by androgens in prostate-derived ..
- Cloning and characterization of a simian UDP-glucuronosyltransferase enzyme UGT2B20, a novel C19 steroid-conjugating proteinO Barbier
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Laval University, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
Biochem J 337:567-74. 1999..Amino acid sequence alignment shows that the UGT2B20 protein is 92% identical with UGT2B15. Both enzymes have similar apparent Km values for DHT and 3alpha-Diol, and demonstrate similar transcript tissue ..
- Prevalence of polymorphisms in the human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B family: UGT2B4(D458E), UGT2B7(H268Y), and UGT2B15(D85Y)J W Lampe
Cancer Prevention Research Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 9:329-33. 2000..We determined the prevalence of the UGT2B4(D458E), UGT2B7(H268Y), and UGT2B15(D85Y) polymorphisms in a sample of 233 individuals. The allele frequencies were significantly different (P < 0...
- The specificity of glucuronidation of entacapone and tolcapone by recombinant human UDP-glucuronosyltransferasesP Lautala
Department of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Drug Metab Dispos 28:1385-9. 2000..COMT inhibitors were glucuronidated at low rates by the representative members of the UGT2B family, UGT2B7 and UGT2B15. Michaelis-Menten parameters were determined for entacapone and tolcapone using recombinant human UGT isoforms ..
- Imipramine N-glucuronidation in human liver microsomes: biphasic kinetics and characterization of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase isoformsMiki Nakajima
Division of Drug Metabolism, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 30:636-42. 2002..cells tested in the present study (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT1A7, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, UGT1A10, UGT2B7, and UGT2B15), only UGT1A4 showed imipramine N-glucuronosyltransferase activity...
- In vitro characterization of the human biotransformation and CYP reaction phenotype of ET-743 (Yondelis, Trabectidin), a novel marine anti-cancer drugEsther F A Brandon
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Invest New Drugs 24:3-14. 2006..ET-743 glucuronidation, catalyzed by UGT2B15, was observed in microsomes and S9 fraction...
- Effect of chronic renal insufficiency on hepatic and renal udp-glucuronyltransferases in ratsChuanhui Yu
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 34:621-7. 2006..these catalytic activities were screened using recombinant rat UGT1A1, UGT1A2, UGT1A3, UGT1A7, UGT2B2, UGT2B3, and UGT2B8. UGT protein levels were examined by Western blot analysis using polyclonal antibodies...
- Quaternary ammonium-linked glucuronidation of trans-4-hydroxytamoxifen, an active metabolite of tamoxifen, by human liver microsomes and UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A4Kenichiro Ogura
Department of Drug Metabolism and Molecular Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, and Division of GI Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 71:1358-69. 2006..recombinant human UGT isoforms (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT1A7, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, UGT1A10, UGT2B4, UGT2B7, UGT2B15, and UGT2B17) expressed in insect cells...
- Valproic acid induces neuroendocrine differentiation and UGT2B7 up-regulation in human prostate carcinoma cell lineAlessandra Valentini
Department of Internal Medicine PTV, Consorzio interuniversitario per le Applicazioni di Supercalcolo Per Universitàe Ricerca CASPUR, Rome, Italy
Drug Metab Dispos 35:968-72. 2007..Even though UGT2B7 has only about one-tenth to one-hundredth the activity of UGT2B15 and 2B17 toward active androgens and we did not found any modulation in gene expression of these enzymes, it can ..
- Glucuronidation of tobacco-specific nitrosamines by UGT2B10Gang Chen
Penn State Cancer Institute, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:824-30. 2008..overexpressing UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT1A7, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, UGT1A10, UGT2B4, UGT2B7, UGT2B10, UGT2B11, UGT2B15, and UGT2B17, only UGT1A4 and UGT2B10 exhibited N-glucuronidating activity against these TSNAs...
- Effects of Andrographis paniculata and Orthosiphon stamineus extracts on the glucuronidation of 4-methylumbelliferone in human UGT isoformsSabariah Ismail
Centre for Drug Research, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800, Penang, Malaysia
Molecules 15:3578-92. 2010..4MU) by recombinant human UGTs, UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A6, UGT1A7, UGT1A8, UGT1A10, UGT2B7 and UGT2B15 were determined...
- Metabolism of parabens (4-hydroxybenzoic acid esters) by hepatic esterases and UDP-glucuronosyltransferases in manSuzanne Abbas
UMR 7561 CNRS Université Henri Poincaré Nancy 1, School of Medicine, Vandoeuvre leà s Nancy, France
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 25:568-77. 2010..They were mainly substrates of human recombinant UGT1A1, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, UGT2B7, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17...
- Activity levels of tamoxifen metabolites at the estrogen receptor and the impact of genetic polymorphisms of phase I and II enzymes on their concentration levels in plasmaT E Mürdter
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Stuttgart, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:708-17. 2011..236 breast cancer patients were genotyped for CYP2D6, CYP2C9, CYP2B6, CYP2C19, CYP3A5, UGT1A4, UGT2B7, and UGT2B15; also, plasma concentrations of tamoxifen and 22 of its metabolites, including the (E)-, (Z)-, 3-, and 4'-..
- Simultaneous absolute protein quantification of transporters, cytochromes P450, and UDP-glucuronosyltransferases as a novel approach for the characterization of individual human liver: comparison with mRNA levels and activitiesSumio Ohtsuki
Division of Membrane Transport and Drug Targeting Laboratory, Department of Biochemical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, 6 3 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba ku Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 40:83-92. 2012..CYP2C9, CYP2E1, CYP3A4, CYP2A6, UGT1A6, UGT2B7, UGT2B15, and P450R were abundantly expressed (more than 50 pmol/mg protein) in human liver microsomes...
- Functional UDP-glucuronyltransferase 2B15 polymorphism and bisphenol A concentrations in blood: results from physiologically based kinetic modellingFalko Partosch
Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Luisenstr 7, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Arch Toxicol 87:1257-64. 2013..Using a validated human PBK model, this study investigated the influence of functionally relevant polymorphic UGT2B15, the enzyme mediating BPA metabolism, on the BPA concentration-time profile in human blood...
- A model-based approach to analyze the influence of UGT2B15 polymorphism driven pharmacokinetic differences on the pharmacodynamic response of the PPAR agonist sipoglitazarFrances Stringer
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Pharmacol 54:453-61. 2014..activated receptor agonist, are subject to high inter-individual variability resulting from a polymorphism of the UGT2B15 genotype...
- Identification and preliminary characterization of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases catalyzing formation of ethyl glucuronideNicole Schwab
Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Medicine, University Hospital, Voss Strasse 2, 69115, Heidelberg, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 406:2325-32. 2014..After co-incubation with both flavonoids, formation of EtG was significantly reduced for all enzymes except for UGT2B15, whose activity did not seem to be affected...
- Multiple roles for UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT)2B15 and UGT2B17 enzymes in androgen metabolism and prostate cancer evolutionLouis Gauthier-Landry
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, CHU de Québec Research Centre, and the Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 145:187-92. 2015..derivatives through the glucuronidation reaction involves 2 UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) enzymes, namely UGT2B15 and UGT2B17...
- Regulation of Human UGT2B15 and UGT2B17 by miR-376c in Prostate Cancer Cell LinesDhilushi D Wijayakumara
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Flinders Centre for Innovation in Cancer, Flinders University School of Medicine, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 354:417-25. 2015..Although several studies provide evidence of transcriptional control of UGT2B15 and UGT2B17 by various endogenous and exogenous compounds, potential post-transcriptional regulation of UGT2B15 ..
- Epigenetic regulation of steroid inactivating UDP-glucuronosyltransferases by microRNAs in prostate cancerGuillaume Margaillan
Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU de Québec Research Center, and Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, G1V 4G2 Quebec, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 155:85-93. 2016..local androgen bioavailability is controlled by UDP-glucuronosyltransferases conjugating enzymes (UGT), namely UGT2B15, UGT2B17 and UGT2B28...
- Osteoblasts promote castration-resistant prostate cancer by altering intratumoral steroidogenesisMalin Hagberg Thulin
Sahlgrenska Cancer Center, Department of Urology, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden Electronic address
Mol Cell Endocrinol 422:182-91. 2016..AKR1C3), estrogen signaling-related genes (CYP19A1, and ESR2), and genes for DHT-inactivating enzymes (UGT2B7, UGT2B15, and UGT2B17)...
- Low β₂-adrenergic receptor level may promote development of castration resistant prostate cancer and altered steroid metabolismPeder Rustøen Braadland
Department of Tumor Biology, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Oncotarget 7:1878-94. 2016..Two UDP-glucuronosyltransferases, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17, involved in phase II metabolism of androgens, were strongly downregulated in two LNCaP shADRB2 cell ..
- Formation and inhibition of ethyl glucuronide and ethyl sulfateNicole Stachel
Institute of Legal and Traffic Medicine, University Hospital, Voss Strasse 2, D 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 265:61-4. 2016..UGT1A1, UGT1A9 and HLM; quercetin and kaempferol were inhibitors of all transferases under investigation except UGT2B15. Findings for quercetin with regard to UGT2B7 and SULT2A1 and for kaempferol with regard to SULT1E1 and SULT2A1 ..
- Inhibition of UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) Isoforms by Arctiin and ArctigeninHui Zhang
Department of Pharmacy, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, 109 XueYuan Western Road, Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province, P R China
Phytother Res 30:1189-96. 2016..Homology modeling-based in silico docking of arctiin and arctigenin into the activity cavity of UGT2B15 showed that hydrogen bonds and hydrophobic interactions contributed to the strong binding free energy of arctiin (..
- Identification of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases 1A1, 1A3 and 2B15 as the main contributors to glucuronidation of bakuchiol, a natural biologically active compoundFeng Li
a Guangzhou Jinan Biomedicine Research and Development Center, Jinan University, Guangzhou, China
Xenobiotica . 2016..3. Among the three UGT enzymes (i.e., UGT1A1, UGT1A3 and UGT2B15) capable of catalyzing bakuchiol glucuronidation, UGT2B15 showed the highest activity with a CLint ..
- Quantitative Atlas of Cytochrome P450, UDP-Glucuronosyltransferase, and Transporter Proteins in Jejunum of Morbidly Obese SubjectsEisuke Miyauchi
Membrane Transport and Drug Targeting Laboratory, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Mol Pharm 13:2631-40. 2016..Based on average values, UGT1A1, UGT2B15, UGT2B17, SGLT1, and GLUT2 exhibited high expression levels (over 10 fmol/μg protein), though UGT2B15 expression ..
- Genetic polymorphism of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT2B15) and glucuronidation of paracetamol in healthy populationHuma Mehboob
Department of Biochemistry, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 29:1037-41. 2016Inter individual variability in polymorphic UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT2B15) has been associated with varied glucuronidation level...
- Androgen and Estrogen Receptors in Breast Cancer Coregulate Human UDP-Glucuronosyltransferases 2B15 and 2B17Dong G Hu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Flinders University School of Medicine, Flinders Medical Centre, South Australia, Australia
Cancer Res 76:5881-5893. 2016..this study, the expression and regulation of two androgen-inactivating enzymes, the UDP-glucuronosyltransferases UGT2B15 and UGT2B17, was assessed in breast cancer...
- Implication of UGT2B15 Genotype Polymorphism on Postoperative Anxiety Levels in Patients Receiving Lorazepam PremedicationHerjan Mijderwijk
From the Departments of Anesthesiology and Clinical Chemistry, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Anesth Analg 123:1109-1115. 2016Lorazepam is used as premedication for its anxiolytic properties. The UGT2B15 genotype is of importance for the metabolism of lorazepam...
- Effects of UGT1A9 genetic polymorphisms on monohydroxylated derivative of oxcarbazepine concentrations and oxcarbazepine monotherapeutic efficacy in Chinese patients with epilepsyYao Lu
Department of Neurology, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Clin Pharmacol . 2016..The interactions among UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT1A9, and UGT2B15 genetic polymorphisms, monohydroxylated derivative (MHD) of oxcarbazepine (OXC) plasma concentrations, and OXC ..
- Developmental aspects of human hepatic drug glucuronidation in young children and adultsC P Strassburg
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Gut 50:259-65. 2002..Hepatic glucuronidation undergoes significant changes during fetal and neonatal development requiring age adapted drug therapy. Regulation of individual UGT genes during hepatic development has not been defined...
- Glucuronidation versus oxidation of the flavonoid galangin by human liver microsomes and hepatocytesYoko Otake
Department of Cell and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 30:576-81. 2002..appeared to be catalyzed mainly by the UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT)1A9 isoform but also by UGT1A1 and UGT2B15. Sulfation of galangin by the human liver cytosol, mediated mainly but not exclusively by sulfotransferase (SULT) ..
- Reverse geometrical selectivity in glucuronidation and sulfation of cis- and trans-4-hydroxytamoxifens by human liver UDP-glucuronosyltransferases and sulfotransferasesTakahito Nishiyama
Department of Drug Metabolism and Molecular Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji shi, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Biochem Pharmacol 63:1817-30. 2002..UGTs1A1, 1A4, 1A9 and 2B7 had weak activity toward HO-TAMs with a much smaller cis-selectivity than did UGT2B15. UGTs1A3 and 1A6 had no detectable activity toward these substrates...
- N-glucuronidation of nicotine and cotinine in human: formation of cotinine glucuronide in liver microsomes and lack of catalysis by 10 examined UDP-glucuronosyltransferasesOmar Ghosheh
Drug Metabolism and Drug Disposition Group, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Drug Metab Dispos 30:991-6. 2002..by use of recombinant enzymes (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT1A7, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, UGT1A10, UGT2B7, and UGT2B15). Quantification was by radiochemical high-performance liquid chromatography with use of radiolabeled substrates...
- Involvement of multiple UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A isoforms in glucuronidation of 5-(4'-hydroxyphenyl)-5-phenylhydantoin in human liver microsomesMiki Nakajima
Division of Drug Metabolism, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 30:1250-6. 2002..Any commercially available recombinant human UGTs (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT1A9, UGT2B7, and UGT2B15) expressed in baculovirus-infected insect cells did not show detectable 4'-HPPH O-glucuronide...
- Characterization of nicotine and cotinine N-glucuronidations in human liver microsomesMiki Nakajima
Division of Drug Metabolism, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 30:1484-90. 2002..UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGTs) (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT1A7, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, UGT1A10, UGT2B7, and UGT2B15) expressed in baculovirus-infected insect cells or human B-lymphoblastoid cells that are commercially available ..
- Expression and characterization of recombinant human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGTs). UGT1A9 is more resistant to detergent inhibition than other UGTs and was purified as an active dimeric enzymeMika Kurkela
Viikki Drug Discovery Technology Center, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Biol Chem 278:3536-44. 2003..The activity of recombinant UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT1A6, UGT2B4, UGT2B7, and UGT2B15 was almost fully inhibited by 0.2% Triton X-100...
- Glucuronidation activity of the UGT2B17 enzyme toward xenobioticsDavid Turgeon
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Centre de Recherche de l Université Laval, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Drug Metab Dispos 31:670-6. 2003..is one of the most important conjugating enzymes in androgen metabolism and shares more than 95% homology with UGT2B15. Although UGT2B15 has been fully characterized for its ability to conjugate drugs, environmental pollutants, and ..
- The effect of valproic acid on drug and steroid glucuronidation by expressed human UDP-glucuronosyltransferasesBrian T Ethell
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, DD1 9SY, Scotland, Dundee, UK
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1441-9. 2003..In addition to this the effect of valproic acid was investigated using two other UGT isoforms: UGT1A1 and UGT2B15 which do not glucuronidate valproic acid...
- Characterization of a common deletion polymorphism of the UGT2B17 gene linked to UGT2B15Willie Wilson
Cancer Research Program, JLC Biomedical Biotechnology Research Institute, North Carolina Central University, 1801 Fayetteville Street, Durham, NC 27707, USA
Genomics 84:707-14. 2004..Two members of this family, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17, share over 95% sequence identity...
- Isoform-selective probe substrates for in vitro studies of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferasesMichael H Court
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Methods Enzymol 400:104-16. 2005..trifluoperazine (UGT1A4) serotonin (UGT1A6), propofol (UGT1A9), 3'-azidothymidine (UGT2B7), and S-oxazepam (UGT2B15)...
- Human metabolism of nebicapone (BIA 3-202), a novel catechol-o-methyltransferase inhibitor: characterization of in vitro glucuronidationA I Loureiro
Department of Research and Development, BIAL, A Av da Siderurgia Nacional, 4745 457 S Mamede do Coronado, Portugal
Drug Metab Dispos 34:1856-62. 2006..available recombinant UGT enzymes studied (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A6, UGT1A7, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, UGT1A10, UGT2B7, and UGT2B15), only UGT1A9 exhibited high nebicapone glucuronosyltransferase specific activity (24.3 +/- 1...
- Inactivation by UDP-glucuronosyltransferase enzymes: the end of androgen signalingSarah Chouinard
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center, Laval University Medical Center CHUL and Laval University, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 109:247-53. 2008..UGT2B7 is expressed in the liver and skin whereas UGT2B15 and B17 were found in the liver, prostate and skin...
- Inactivation of androgens by UDP-glucuronosyltransferases in the human prostateOlivier Barbier
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology, Laval University Hospital Research Center, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 22:259-70. 2008..revealed that three UGT2B enzymes are mainly responsible for DHT, ADT and 3alpha-DIOL glucuronidation: UGT2B7, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17...
- 4-Hydroxy-3-methoxymethamphetamine glucuronide as a phase II metabolite of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine: enzyme-assisted synthesis and involvement of human hepatic uridine 5'-diphosphate-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 in the glucuronidationTakuji Shoda
National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 57:472-5. 2009..Among 12 isoforms of human recombinant UGT expressed in insect cells, UGT2B15 was the only isoform that showed adequate enzymatic activity in catalyzing HMMA glucuronidation with K(m) and V(..
- Dabigatran acylglucuronide, the major human metabolite of dabigatran: in vitro formation, stability, and pharmacological activityThomas Ebner
Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Pulmonary Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 38:1567-75. 2010..Three UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGTs), namely, UGT1A9, UGT2B7, and UGT2B15, exhibited glucuronidation of dabigatran...
- The impact of common genetic variations in genes of the sex hormone metabolic pathways on steroid hormone levels and prostate cancer aggressivenessTong Sun
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:2044-50. 2011..005), UGT2B15 (rs2045100; P = 0.007), and HSD17B12 (rs7932905; P = 0.008)...
- Identification of human UDP-glucuronosyltransferases involved in N-carbamoyl glucuronidation of lorcaserinAbu J M Sadeque
Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 6166 Nancy Ridge Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 40:772-8. 2012..UGT enzymes, lorcaserin N-carbamoyl glucuronidation was predominantly catalyzed by three UGT2Bs (UGT2B7, UGT2B15, and UGT2B17), whereas two UGT1As (UGT1A6 and UGT1A9) played a minor role...
- Protein kinase Cα and Src kinase support human prostate-distributed dihydrotestosterone-metabolizing UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 activitySunit K Chakraborty
Section on Genetic Disorders of Drug Metabolism, Program on Developmental Endocrinology and Genetics, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1830, USA
J Biol Chem 287:24387-96. 2012....
- Effect of aflatoxin B1 on UDP-glucuronosyltransferase mRNA expression in HepG2 cellsNobumitsu Hanioka
Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, 1 1 1 Tsushima naka, Kita ku, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Chemosphere 89:526-9. 2012..the mRNAs of four UGT1As (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4 and UGT1A9) and seven UGT2Bs (UGT2B4, UGT2B7, UGT2B10, UGT2B11, UGT2B15, UGT2B17 and UGT2B28) are expressed in HepG2 cells...
- A genome-wide association meta-analysis of circulating sex hormone-binding globulin reveals multiple Loci implicated in sex steroid hormone regulationAndrea D Coviello
Section of Preventive Medicine and Epidemiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002805. 2012..3, p = 1.3 × 10(-07)), BAIAP2L1 (rs3779195, 7q21.3, p = 2.7 × 10(-08)), and UGT2B15 (rs293428, 4q13.2, p = 5.5 × 10(-06))...
- Metabolism and pharmacokinetics of mangiferin in conventional rats, pseudo-germ-free rats, and streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsHuihui Liu
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Drug Metab Dispos 40:2109-18. 2012..The diabetic status induced increased UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 1A3, UGT1A8, UGT2B8, and sulfotransferase (SULT) 1A1 mRNA levels and decreased catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT), UGT2B6, UGT2B12, ..
- The effect of genetic polymorphisms in UGT2B15 on the pharmacokinetic profile of sipoglitazar, a novel anti-diabetic agentFrances Stringer
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, 1 1, Doshomachi 4 Chome, Chuo Ku, Osaka 540 8645, Japan
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 69:423-30. 2013..The aim of this analysis was to explore the influence of genetic polymorphism in UGT on the pharmacokinetics of sipoglitazar...
- The glucuronidation of R- and S-lorazepam: human liver microsomal kinetics, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase enzyme selectivity, and inhibition by drugsVerawan Uchaipichat
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Flinders University School of Medicine, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Drug Metab Dispos 41:1273-84. 2013..Based on in vitro clearances and consideration of available in vivo and in vitro data, UGT2B15 is likely to play an important role in the glucuronidation of R- and S-lorazepam...
- Prognostic significance of ESR1 amplification and ESR1 PvuII, CYP2C19*2, UGT2B15*2 polymorphisms in breast cancer patientsAleksandra Markiewicz
Department of Medical Biotechnology, Intercollegiate Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Gdansk and Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
PLoS ONE 8:e72219. 2013..Additionally, ESR1 PvuII, CYP2C19*2 and UGT2B15*2 polymorphisms were analyzed in the tamoxifen-treated subgroup of patients.
- Candidate gene polymorphisms in patients with acetaminophen-induced acute liver failureMichael H Court
Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, and Department of veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington M H C Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York I P Department of Molecular Physiology and Pharmacology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts S H, D J G Program in Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Boston, Massachusetts M V, D J G and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas W M L
Drug Metab Dispos 42:28-32. 2014..evaluated included those in genes encoding putative acetaminophen-metabolizing enzymes (UGT1A1, UGT1A6, UGT1A9, UGT2B15, SULT1A1, CYP2E1, and CYP3A5) as well as CD44 and BHMT1...
- A model of in vitro UDP-glucuronosyltransferase inhibition by bile acids predicts possible metabolic disordersZhong Ze Fang
First Affiliated Hospital of Liaoning Medical University, Jinzhou 121001, China
J Lipid Res 54:3334-44. 2013..with following orders of potency: UGT1A4 > UGT2B7 > UGT1A3 > UGT1A1 ∼ UGT1A7 ∼ UGT1A10 ∼ UGT2B15. In conclusion, these studies suggest that disrupted homeostasis of BAs, notably taurolithocholic acid, found in ..
- Novel associations of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B gene variants with prostate cancer risk in a multiethnic studyAdriana C Vidal
Department of Biology and Cancer Research Program, JLC Biomedical Biotechnology Research Institute, North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC 27707, USA
BMC Cancer 13:556. 2013We have previously shown that a functional polymorphism of the UGT2B15 gene (rs1902023) was associated with increased risk of prostate cancer (PC)...
- Biotransformation of bisphenol AF to its major glucuronide metabolite reduces estrogenic activityMing Li
Beijing Key Laboratory of Diagnostic and Traceability Technologies for Food Poisoning, Beijing Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e83170. 2013..human recombinant UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGTs) including UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, UGT2B4, UGT2B7, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17, among which UGT2B7 showed the highest efficiency of glucuronidation...
- Characterization and primary sequence of a human hepatic microsomal estriol UDPglucuronosyltransferaseB L Coffman
Department of Pharmacology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242
Arch Biochem Biophys 281:170-5. 1990..sequence in the deduced amino acid sequence of a cDNA obtained from a human liver library in lambda gt11 (HLUG4)...
- Isolation and purification of two human liver UDP-glucuronosyltransferasesY M Irshaid
Mol Pharmacol 31:27-34. 1987..In general, high concentrations of phosphatidylcholine were required for reconstitution of maximal glucuronidation activity. This report documents the existence of multiple UDP-glucuronosyltransferases in human liver...
- Cloning and expression of a rat liver phenobarbital-inducible UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (2B12) with specificity for monoterpenoid alcoholsM D Green
Department of Pharmacology, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 322:460-8. 1995..In addition to liver, Northern blot analysis demonstrated that UGT2B12 mRNA is present in kidney and testis...
- Characterization of a cloned human dihydrotestosterone/androstanediol UDP-glucuronosyltransferase and its comparison to other steroid isoformsF Chen
Section on Genetic Disorders of Drug Metabolism, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
Biochemistry 32:10648-57. 1993..Alignment shows that this encoded isozyme is 96% identical to an apparent estriol-metabolizing isoform, HLUG4 [Coffman, B. L., et al., (1990) Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 281, 170-175]...
- Expression of transcripts encoding steroid UDP-glucuronosyltransferases in human prostate hyperplastic tissue and the LNCaP cell lineG Belanger
MRC Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Endocrinol 113:165-73. 1995..Among these UGTs, UGT2B7 is specific for estriol and 3,4-catechol estrogens, UGT2B15 glucuronidates 17beta-hydroxy-C19 steroids while UGT2B10 has as yet an undescribed activity...
- Isolation and characterization of a novel cDNA encoding a human UDP-glucuronosyltransferase active on C19 steroidsM Beaulieu
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Laval University, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:22855-62. 1996..1 kilobases that encode a novel UGT2B enzyme. UGT2B17 is 95% identical with UGT2B15 and 91% identical with UGT2B8...
- Differential regulation of two uridine diphospho-glucuronosyltransferases, UGT2B15 and UGT2B17, in human prostate LNCaP cellsC Guillemette
CHUL Research Center, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Endocrinology 138:2998-3005. 1997..with DHT and EGF caused a specific decrease of UGT2B17 transcript in LNCaP cells treated; however, the level of UGT2B15 messenger RNA was not affected...
- Differentially expressed genes in androgen-dependent and -independent prostate carcinomasG T Chang
Department of Endocrinology and Reproduction, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 57:4075-81. 1997..unknown (JC19 and GC79) and two known genes [B-cell translocation gene 1 and UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B15 (UGT2B15)]...
- Regulation and function of family 1 and family 2 UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes (UGT1A, UGT2B) in human oesophagusC P Strassburg
Department of Pharmacology and the Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Biochem J 338:489-98. 1999..UGT2 expression included UGT2B7, UGT2B10 and UGT2B15, but UGT2B4 mRNA was absent. UGT2 mRNA was present at significantly lower levels than UGT1 transcripts...
- Characterization of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases active on steroid hormonesD W Hum
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 69:413-23. 1999..The results demonstrate a differential regulation between the two highly related isoforms UGT2B15 and UGT2B17, where only the expression of UGT2B17 was affected following treatments of LNCaP cells with androgens,..
- Expression of the androgen metabolizing enzyme UGT2B15 in adipose tissue and relative expression measurement using a competitive RT-PCR methodA Tchernof
Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, CHUQ Research Center, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 50:637-42. 1999..The objective of the present study was to investigate whether adipose tissue was a site of expression of the androgen metabolizing enzymes UDP-glucuronosyltransferases (UGT) 2B15 and 2B17...
- Polymorphic gene regulation and interindividual variation of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase activity in human small intestineC P Strassburg
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:36164-71. 2000....
- Beverly H Koller; Fiscal Year: 2014..we believe will generate mouse lines useful for determining the function of the UGT2B genes, and in particular of UGT2B15 and UGT217...
- Factors Determining Bisphenol A Disposition in Human InfantsD Gail McCarver; Fiscal Year: 2013..In adults, BPA is predominantly conjugated with glucuronide;the predominant human enzyme responsible is UGT2B15. This enzyme is known to exhibit a common, functional polymorphism, but its impact on human BPA metabolism is ..
- Pharmacogenetics of Tamoxifen and Chemotherapies and Risk of Contralateral BreastJane C Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., CYP2D6, CYP3A5, SULT1A1, UGT2B15) and drugs commonly used in polychemotherapy regimens for breast cancer including: cyclophosphamide (i.e...
- Kathleen E Malone; Fiscal Year: 2014..CYP3A4, CYP3A5, but other important phase I and II enzymes include CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2B6, CYP1B1, UGT2B7, UGT2B15, UGT1A4, UGT1A8, and UGT1A10...
- Role of UDP-Glucuronosyltransferases in UV-mediated melanomagenesisRYAN WILLIAM DELLINGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal builds on the novel observation that three UGTs (UGT2B7, UGT2B10 and UGT2B15) are normally expressed in human melanocytes and that their expression is lost during melanoma progression...
- Modification of tamoxifen effectiveness by gene polymorphisms and other drugsTimothy Lash; Fiscal Year: 2009..Polymorphisms in the genes whose enzymes produce (GYP) or remove (SULT1A1 &UGT2B15) the active metabolites modify the metabolites'plasma concentrations...
- Acetaminophen PharmacogeneticsMichael H Court; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mechanisms of adverse host responses to antibioticsMichael Court; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epigenetic Markers for Lung Cancer DetectionJong Park; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed study will generate data that will be the groundwork for larger studies to validate the use of the identified methylation sites to develop markers for early lung cancer diagnosis. ..
- Foward Genetic Study of Surface Coat Genes Expression in Trypanosoma BruceiGwo Shu Lee; Fiscal Year: 2008..The success of this study may lead to potential targets for therapeutic designs via intervention of essential processes involved in the switching of VSG gene expression. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer, Benign Breast Disease, and Isoflavone Metabolism in Chinese WomenJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UGT Polymorphisms and Hormonally-Mediated Biomarkers in Premenopausal WomenJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2008..genotype women for the following functional polymorphisms: UGT1A1*28, UGT1A3(W11R), UGT2B4(D458E), UGT2B7(H268Y), UGT2B15(D85Y) and SULT1A1(R213H)...
- Human Gut Microflora Profiling for Population StudiesJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSCIPTION OF PROTEIN CODING GENES IN T BRUCEGwo Shu Lee; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Breast and Bone Density: Impact of Colonic EnvironmentJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..If equol-producer phenotype can predict differences in cumulative estrogen exposure / metabolism, it may serve as an early marker of breast cancer risk. ..
- GLUTATHIONE TRANSFERASES IN HUMANS: DIETARY INFLUENCESJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DNA Damage: Fruit & Vegetable Effects in a Feeding TrialJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2005..The existing intervention provides an ideal design in which to evaluate the relationships between biotransformation enzyme systems and DNA damage in humans. ..
- FLAGELLAR POCKET PROTEINS OF AFRICAN TRYPANOSOMESGwo Shu Lee; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will reveal unique aspects of host-parasite interaction and may have practical applications for parasite control. ..
- Interaction Between Irinotecan and Dietary FlavonoidsLalitha Iyer; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Glucuronidation in Humans--Genotypes and PhenotypesJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2004..concentrations, differs by UGT genotypes for the following isozyme polymorphisms: UGTIAI*28, UGT/A6*2, and UGT2B15(D85Y); 2) To measure the effect of feeding specific V&F under controlled dietary conditions on UGT and beta-G ..
- Hormone Status Postmenopause: Colonic Bacterial EffectsJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this study will provide novel data regarding the relationship of the equol-producer phenotype, a marker of colonic nticrofloral environment, to lifetime estrogen exposure. ..
- Serum IGFs--Effects of a Soy Intervention in HumansJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2002..It provides an ideal design to evaluate the effects of isoflavones on the IGF system and to explore relationships between IGFs and colonic epithelial cell proliferation in humans. ..
- Elucidation of epoxide hydrolase polymorphismsJong Park; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- HOST GENES AND COLONIC BACTERIA--PROBING FOR INHERITANCEJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2002..If we can establish that the equol-producer phenotype is an inherited trait, we can then work to identify the associated genotype and determine more effectively whether this is a biomarker of breast cancer risk. ..