Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UBN1
Description: ubinuclein 1
Alias: VT4, ubinuclein-1, HIRA-binding protein, ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein
- Insulating Material Requirements for Low-Power-Consumption Electrowetting-Based Liquid LensesStéphanie Chevalliot
Varioptic, 24b rue Jean Baldassini, 69007 Lyon, France
Langmuir 32:13585-13592. 2016..It was further demonstrated that by using materials with better insulating properties, such as parylene HT and VT4, satisfactory results can be obtained under DC voltages, reaching a low contact angle hysteresis of below 0.2°...
- A Molecular Prospective for HIRA Complex Assembly and H3.3-Specific Histone Chaperone FunctionM Daniel Ricketts
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Graduate Group in Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Mol Biol . 2016..3-specific histone chaperone complex. Here, we present a review of existing data and present a new model for the assembly of the HIRA complex and for the HIRA-mediated incorporation of H3.3/H4 into chromatin...
- Histone H3.1 and H3.3 complexes mediate nucleosome assembly pathways dependent or independent of DNA synthesisHideaki Tagami
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 116:51-61. 2004..This finding provides new insights into possible mechanisms for maintenance of epigenetic information after chromatin duplication...
- HIRA Is Required for Heart Development and Directly Regulates Tnni2 and Tnnt3Daniel Dilg
Developmental Biology of Birth Defects Section, Institute of Child Health, University College London, 30 Guilford Street, London, WC1N 1EH, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 11:e0161096. 2016..HIRA is a member of the HUCA (HIRA/UBN1/CABIN1/ASF1a) complex that deposits the variant histone H3.3 on chromatin independently of replication...
- O-linked N-acetylglucosamine transferase (OGT) interacts with the histone chaperone HIRA complex and regulates nucleosome assembly and cellular senescenceJong Sun Lee
Mayo Graduate School, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Track, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E3213-20. 2016The histone chaperone HIRA complex, consisting of histone cell cycle regulator (HIRA), Ubinuclein1 (UBN1), and calcineurin binding protein 1 (CABIN1), deposits histone variant H3...
- Identification of a Novel Coregulator, SH3YL1, That Interacts With the Androgen Receptor N-TerminusAlicia M Blessing
Center for Nuclear Receptors and Cell Signaling A M B, Y S, D E F, Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston, Houston, Texas 77204 R and D Compliance S G, Grifols Therapeutics Inc, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology S G, D P M, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina 27710 Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology K R, C C, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030 Cancer Biology and Pharmacology Y Y S, E C, Genome Institute of Singapore, A STAR, Singapore 138672 Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention L R B, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 Faculty of Health Sciences E C, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau, China, 9999078 Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology J T C, School of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030 and Genomic Medicine Program D E F, The Houston Methodist Research Institute, Houston, Texas 77030
Mol Endocrinol 29:1426-39. 2015..Notable was the observation that ubinuclein 1 (UBN1), a key member of a histone H3...
- Ubinuclein-1 confers histone H3.3-specific-binding by the HIRA histone chaperone complexM Daniel Ricketts
1 Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA 2 Graduate Group in Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Commun 6:7711. 2015..The HIRA histone chaperone complex, composed of HIRA, ubinuclein-1 (UBN1) and CABIN1, cooperates with the histone chaperone ASF1a to mediate H3.3-specific binding and chromatin deposition...
- Identification of an ubinuclein 1 region required for stability and function of the human HIRA/UBN1/CABIN1/ASF1a histone H3.3 chaperone complexYong Tang
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, United States
Biochemistry 51:2366-77. 2012The mammalian HIRA/UBN1/CABIN1/ASF1a (HUCA) histone chaperone complex deposits the histone H3 variant H3.3 into chromatin and is linked to gene activation, repression, and chromatin assembly in diverse cell contexts...
- Characterization of anti-TIMP-1 monoclonal antibodies for immunohistochemical localization in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissueIrene Vejgaard Sorensen
Institute of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Ridebanevej 9, 1870 Frederiksberg, Denmark
J Histochem Cytochem 54:1075-86. 2006..Indirect IHC technique was used, and the seven antibodies (clones VT1, VT2, VT4, VT5, VT6, VT7, and VT8) were tested in various concentrations using different pretreatment protocols...
- Placing the HIRA histone chaperone complex in the chromatin landscapeNikolay A Pchelintsev
CR UK Beatson Labs, Institute of Cancer Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Cell Rep 3:1012-9. 2013The HIRA chaperone complex, comprised of HIRA, UBN1, and CABIN1, collaborates with histone-binding protein ASF1a to incorporate histone variant H3.3 into chromatin in a DNA replication-independent manner...
- Dynamics of histone H3 deposition in vivo reveal a nucleosome gap-filling mechanism for H3.3 to maintain chromatin integrityDominique Ray-Gallet
Centre de Recherche, Institut Curie, 75248 Paris, France
Mol Cell 44:928-41. 2011..3, and HIRA association with Pol II ensures local H3.3 enrichment at specific sites. We discuss the importance of this H3.3 deposition as a salvage pathway to maintain chromatin integrity...
- Identification of new interacting partners of the shuttling protein ubinuclein (Ubn-1)Julien Lupo
Unit of Virus Host Cell Interactions, UMI 3265 UJF EMBL CNRS, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, BP 181, F 38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Exp Cell Res 318:509-20. 2012..Altogether, these results suggest that Ubn-1 is a scaffold protein influencing protein subcellular localization and is involved in several processes such as cell-cell contact signalling or modulation of gene activity...
- Neural distribution of vasotocin receptor mRNA in two species of songbirdCary H Leung
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Endocrinology 152:4865-81. 2011..we generated partial cDNA sequences for four VT receptor subtypes, VT1, VT2 (V1b), VT3 (oxytocin-like), and VT4 (V1a), in white-throated sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis) and zebra finch (Taeniopygia guttata)...
- Ubinuclein, a novel nuclear protein interacting with cellular and viral transcription factorsS Aho
Department of Dermatology, Jefferson Medical College, and Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Cell Biol 148:1165-76. 2000..3 and in a syntenic region in mouse chromosome 16. We designated this novel ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein as ubinuclein and the corresponding gene as UBN1.
- Human CABIN1 is a functional member of the human HIRA/UBN1/ASF1a histone H3.3 chaperone complexTaranjit Singh Rai
Institute of Cancer Sciences, CR UK Beatson Labs, University of Glasgow, Switchback Road, Bearsden G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 31:4107-18. 2011The mammalian HIRA/UBN1/ASF1a complex is a histone chaperone complex that is conserved from yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) to humans. This complex preferentially deposits the histone variant H3...
- The nuclear and adherent junction complex component protein ubinuclein negatively regulates the productive cycle of Epstein-Barr virus in epithelial cellsHenri Gruffat
U758 INSERM, ENS Lyon, 46 allee d Italie, F 69007 Lyon, France
J Virol 85:784-94. 2011....
- Human UBN1 is an ortholog of yeast Hpc2p and has an essential role in the HIRA/ASF1a chromatin-remodeling pathway in senescent cellsGowrishankar Banumathy
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:758-70. 2009..for remote orthologs conserved in multiple species through evolution, we identified the HIRA-associated proteins, UBN1 and UBN2, as candidate human orthologs of Hpc2p...
- Characterization of the ubinuclein protein as a new member of the nuclear and adhesion complex components (NACos)Sirpa Aho
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Biol Cell 101:319-34. 2009..The corresponding mRNA was detected in a wide range of cell types and the protein was highly expressed in the nucleus of human keratinocytes. On the basis of these observations, we named this protein ubinuclein...
- Candidate-gene screening and association analysis at the autism-susceptibility locus on chromosome 16p: evidence of association at GRIN2A and ABATGabrielle Barnby
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 76:950-66. 2005..to 16p11-13 were examined for coding variants: A2BP1, ABAT, BFAR, CREBBP, EMP2, GRIN2A, MRTF-B, SSTR5, TBX6, and UBN1. Screening of all coding and regulatory regions by denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography identified ..
- [Secular trend of puberty]G Bona
Clinica Pediatrica, Universita degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 54:553-7. 2002..for ages of attainment of B2 and PH2 stages for females and G2, PH2 and testicular volume = or >4 ml (VT4) for males. In females the percentile values for B2 were: 3rd=8.1, 50th=10.5, and 97th=12.6 years...
- SF-36 health survey: tests of data quality, scaling assumptions, and reliability in a community sample of Chinese AmericansD F Chang
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1563, USA
Med Care 38:542-8. 2000....