Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TYMS
Description: thymidylate synthetase
Alias: HST422, TMS, thymidylate synthase, TSase
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- Thymidylate synthase and ERCC1 as predictive markers in patients with pulmonary adenocarcinoma treated with pemetrexed and cisplatinSeung Hyeun Lee
Division of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Korea University, 126 1, Anam Dong 5 Ga, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 705, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 81:102-8. 2013Increased expression of thymidylate synthase (TS) is thought to be associated with resistance to antifolate drugs such as pemetrexed...
- One-carbon metabolism related gene polymorphisms interact with alcohol drinking to influence the risk of colorectal cancer in JapanKeitaro Matsuo
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Carcinogenesis 26:2164-71. 2005..genes for methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase), MTR A2756G (gene for methionine synthase) and TS (gene for thymidylate synthase) tandem repeats polymorphisms, have attracted attention...
- Prognostic value of thymidylate synthase expression in patients with p-stage I adenocarcinoma of the lungTatsuo Nakagawa
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, 53 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
Lung Cancer 35:165-70. 2002We investigated thymidylate synthase (TS) expression in tumor tissues and examined the relationship between TS expression and post-operative survival in patients with p-stage I adenocarcinoma of the lung...
- New prognostic indicator for non-small-cell lung cancer, quantitation of thymidylate synthase by real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reactionYasushi Shintani
Department of Surgery, E1, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Int J Cancer 104:790-5. 2003b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is an enzyme that catalyzes an important DNA biosynthesis process. The gene expression of TS has not been reported in non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients...
- Thymidylate synthase and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene polymorphism in normal tissue as predictors of fluorouracil sensitivityAnders Jakobsen
Danish Colorectal Cancer, Group South, Vejle Hospital, 7100 Vejle, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 23:1365-9. 2005To analyze thymidylate synthase (TS) and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene polymorphism with respect to fluorouracil (FU) sensitivity.
- Association of thymidylate synthase gene 3'-untranslated region polymorphism with sensitivity of non-small cell lung cancer to pemetrexed treatment: TS gene polymorphism and pemetrexed sensitivity in NSCLCXia Wang
Department of Oncology, First Affiliated Hospital of Liaoning Medical College, Jinzhou, China
J Biomed Sci 20:5. 2013b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is a key enzyme responsible for DNA synthesis and repair. Altered expression of TS protein or TS gene polymorphisms has been associated with cancer progression and treatment response...
- Thymidylate synthase expression and outcome of patients receiving pemetrexed for advanced nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer in a prospective blinded assessment phase II clinical trialMarianne C Nicolson
Thoracic Oncology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 8:930-9. 2013..retrospective analyses of patients with nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer treated with pemetrexed, low thymidylate synthase (TS) expression is associated with better clinical outcomes...
- Reexamining a proposal: thymidylate synthase 5'-untranslated region as a regulator of translation efficiencySoma Ghosh
Department of Oncology, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 12:750-5. 2011The DNA replicative gene, thymidylate synthase (TYMS), is inhibited upon treatment with the anticancer drug 5-fluorouracil (5FU)...
- TYMS, MTHFR, p53 and MDR1 gene polymorphisms in breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant therapyLuis Alberto Henríquez-Hernández
Clinical Science Department, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Cancer Epidemiol 34:490-3. 2010The distribution of TSER (TYMS), C677T (MTHFR), Arg72Pro (p53) and C3435T (MDR1) gene polymorphisms was investigated in 80 consecutive breast cancer patients treated with adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Structural and functional analysis of the human thymidylate synthase geneS Kaneda
Department of Immunology and Virology, Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute, Japan
J Biol Chem 265:20277-84. 1990The complete nucleotide sequence of the human thymidylate synthase (TS) gene was determined. The biologically active unit spans about 16 kilobase pairs (kbp) and is composed of seven exons and six introns...
- Nuclear thymidylate synthase expression, p53 expression and 5FU response in colorectal carcinomaN A Wong
Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Teviot Place, Edinburgh, EH8 9AG
Br J Cancer 85:1937-43. 2001b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is a key enzyme in DNA synthesis and is inhibited by metabolites of the chemotherapeutic agent 5-fluorouracil (5FU)...
- Distribution of mutations in human thymidylate synthase yielding resistance to 5-fluorodeoxyuridineHisaya Kawate
The Joseph Gottstein Memorial Cancer Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7705, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36304-11. 2002b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) catalyzes methylation of dUMP to dTMP and is the target of cancer chemotherapeutic agents (e.g. 5-fluorouracil)...
- Significant increase in risk of gastroesophageal cancer is associated with interaction between promoter polymorphisms in thymidylate synthase and serum folate statusWen Tan
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Cancer Institute and Department of Epidemiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Carcinogenesis 26:1430-5. 2005b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) catalyzes the 5,10-methylene-tetrahydrofolate-mediated conversion of deoxyuridine monophosphate to deoxythymydine monophosphate, a nucleotide required for DNA synthesis and repair...
- Prognostic role of thymidylate synthase polymorphisms in gastric cancer patients treated with surgery and adjuvant chemotherapyKazuyuki Kawakami
Department of Surgery, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:3778-83. 2005To investigate the prognostic role of thymidylate synthase (TS) polymorphisms in gastric cancer patients treated with radical surgery and fluorouracil-based adjuvant chemotherapy.
- Uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase 1A1 promoter polymorphism predicts the risk of gastrointestinal toxicity and fatigue induced by irinotecan-based chemotherapyCristian Massacesi
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Ospedali Riuniti, Ancona, Italy
Cancer 106:1007-16. 2006..in uridine diphosphate glucuronosyl transferase (UGT1A1), methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), and thymidylate synthase (TS) genes, and the incidence of the adverse effects of irinotecan and raltitrexed in previously heavily ..
- Combined analysis of genetic polymorphisms in thymidylate synthase, uridine diphosphate glucoronosyltransferase and X-ray cross complementing factor 1 genes as a prognostic factor in advanced colorectal cancer patients treated with 5-fluorouracil plus oxaEva Martinez-Balibrea
Medical Oncology Service, Institut Catala Oncologia, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona 08916, Barcelona, Spain
Oncol Rep 17:637-45. 2007The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of combining thymidylate synthase (TS), X-ray cross complementing factor 1 (XRCC1) and uridine diphosphate glucoronosyltransferase (UGT1A1 *28) polymorphism genotypes in response rate ..
- The thymidylate synthase tandem repeat polymorphism is not associated with homocysteine concentrations in healthy young subjectsKaren S Brown
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Pharmacogenetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 153 Johnson Pavilion, 3620 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Hum Genet 114:182-5. 2004b>Thymidylate synthase (TYMS) and 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) may compete for their common cofactor 5,10-methylenetetrahyhdrofolate (5,10-meTHF)...
- Low thymidylate synthase, thymidine phosphorylase, and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase mRNA expression correlate with prolonged survival in resected non-small-cell lung cancerPeter P Grimminger
Department of General, Visceral and Tumor Surgery, University of Cologne, Germany
Clin Lung Cancer 11:328-34. 2010b>Thymidylate synthase (TS), thymidine phosphorylase (TP), and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) are key enzymes in the 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) pathway...
- Polymorphisms in thymidylate synthase and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase genes and the susceptibility to esophageal and stomach cancer with smokingChang Ming Gao
Department of Epidemiology, Jiangsu Province Institute of Cancer Research, Nanjing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 5:133-8. 2004....
- Thymidylate synthase genotype and serum concentrations of homocysteine and folate in Behçet's diseaseN Duzgun
Department of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 27:1221-5. 2008The aim of this study was to assess whether thymidylate synthase (TYMS) genotype, serum homocysteine, and folate concentrations were related to venous thrombosis in Behçet's disease (BD) patients...
- Thymidylate synthase (TYMS) enhancer region genotype-directed phase II trial of oral capecitabine for 2nd line treatment of advanced pancreatic cancerColin D Weekes
University of Colorado Cancer Center, 12801 E 17th Avenue, RC 1 South, Rm 8123, MS 8117, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Invest New Drugs 29:1057-65. 2011..toxicity associated with second-line capecitabine treatment of advanced pancreatic cancer patients harboring the TYMS *2/*2 allele...
- Correlation between thymidylate synthase gene variants, RNA and protein levels in primary colorectal adenocarcinomasM H Kristensen
Department of Clinical Pathology, Hospital South, Naestved Hospital, Naestved, Denmark
J Int Med Res 38:484-97. 2010This study was designed to compare thymidylate synthase (TS) genotype, mRNA and protein levels in primary colorectal adenocarcinoma, and to examine the correlation between microsatellite instability (MSI) and TS expression...
- Polymorphisms of thymidylate synthase gene 5'- and 3'-untranslated region and risk of gastric cancer in KoreansDong Jin Yim
Institute for Clinical Research, CHA Bundang Medical Center, School of Medicine, CHA University, Seongnam, 463 712, South Korea
Anticancer Res 30:2325-30. 2010b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) plays an important role in the conversion of dUMP to dTMP...
- Gene expression of vascular endothelial growth factor A, thymidylate synthase, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 3 in prediction of response to bevacizumab treatment in colorectal cancer patientsToshiaki Watanabe
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Dis Colon Rectum 54:1026-35. 2011..Regimens containing bevacizumab and 5-fluorouracil have achieved substantial progress in the treatment of colorectal cancer. However, individual responses to bevacizumab vary widely in regard to efficacy and toxicity...
- Length polymorphism of thymidylate synthase regulatory region in Chinese populations and evolution of the novel allelesHuai Rong Luo
Laboratory of Molecular Evolution and Genome Diversity, Kunming Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, People s Republic of China
Biochem Genet 40:41-51. 2002The tandemly repeated 28-bp sequence in the 5'-terminal regulatory region of human thymidylate synthase (TSER), which has been reported to be polymorphic in different populations, was surveyed in 668 Chinese from 9 Han groups, 8 ethnic ..
- Genes affecting the cell cycle, growth, maintenance, and drug sensitivity are preferentially regulated by anti-HER2 antibody through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-AKT signalingXiao Feng Le
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2092-104. 2005..Transcriptional regulation by anti-HER2 antibody through PI3K-AKT pathway may potentiate the growth inhibitory activity of docetaxel by affecting cell cycle progression...
- Predictors of survival and toxicity in patients on adjuvant therapy with 5-fluorouracil for colorectal cancerM Gusella
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Molecular Biology, Oncology Department, Azienda ULSS 18 Rovigo, Trecenta, Italy
Br J Cancer 100:1549-57. 2009..5FU pharmacokinetics was evaluated at the first cycle. Thymidylate synthase (TYMS) 5'UTR and 3'UTR polymorphisms and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) C677T and A1298C ..
- Pharmacogenetics of capecitabine in advanced breast cancer patientsRemy Largillier
Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Nice, and Pharmacokinetic Unit, La Timone University Hospital, Marseille, France
Clin Cancer Res 12:5496-502. 2006..Genes for which polymorphisms may potentially influence pharmacodynamics of fluoropyrimidines, including capecitabine, are thymidylate synthase (TS), methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD).
- Randomized phase II and pharmacogenetic study of pemetrexed compared with pemetrexed plus carboplatin in pretreated patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancerEgbert F Smit
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 27:2038-45. 2009..We performed a randomized phase II trial comparing pemetrexed with pemetrexed plus carboplatin (PC) in patients experiencing relapse after platinum-based chemotherapy...
- The efficacy of pemetrexed as a third- or fourth-line therapy and the significance of thymidylate synthase expression in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerMyung Hee Chang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Seoul 135 710, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 69:323-9. 2010..We also analyzed thymidylate synthase (TS) expression in tumor tissues to determine whether TS expression is correlated with the clinical ..
- Association between dietary folate intake and clinical outcome in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaD Kawakita
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Ann Oncol 23:186-92. 2012The association between dietary folate intake, two polymorphisms in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) and thymidylate synthase (TYMS), and survival in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) patients is not clarified.
- Polymorphisms in the reduced folate carrier, thymidylate synthase, or methionine synthase and risk of colon cancerCornelia M Ulrich
Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, M4 B402 Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2509-16. 2005..1,962 controls), we investigated associations between genetic variants in the reduced folate carrier (RFC), thymidylate synthase (TS), methionine synthase (MTR), and 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) and colon cancer risk...
- Polymorphism in the 3'-untranslated region of the thymidylate synthase gene and sensitivity of stomach cancer to fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapyJian Wei Lu
Department of Medical Oncology, Jiangsu Province Institute of Cancer Research, Nanjing, 210009, PR China
J Hum Genet 51:155-60. 2006To investigate the relationship between polymorphism in the 3'-untranslated region (3'-UTR) of the thymidylate synthase (TS) gene and sensitivity of gastric cancer to 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)-based chemotherapy, 106 cases of advanced gastric ..
- Single nucleotide polymorphism in the 5' tandem repeat sequences of thymidylate synthase gene predicts for response to fluorouracil-based chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancer patientsEugenio Marcuello
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Cancer 112:733-7. 2004b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is the primary target of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU). A VNTR polymorphism in the TS promoter region is associated with the efficacy of 5-FU-based chemotherapy in colorectal cancer...
- High gene expression of TS1, GSTP1, and ERCC1 are risk factors for survival in patients treated with trimodality therapy for esophageal cancerMary Beth Moore Joshi
Thoracic Oncology Program and Division of Cancer Biostatistics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:2215-21. 2005..To assess the relationship between molecular markers associated with chemotherapy resistance and survival in esophageal cancer patients treated with trimodality therapy...
- Influence of thymidylate synthase gene polymorphisms on the survival of colorectal cancer patients receiving adjuvant 5-fluorouracilErika Hitre
National Institute of Oncology, Budapest, Hungary
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:723-30. 2005The present study aimed to prospectively investigate the influence of thymidylate synthase (TS) polymorphisms (5'-TSER, 3'-TSUTR) on the disease-free survival (DFS) and overall survival (OS) of patients with colorectal cancer (CRC) who ..
- Role of genetic and nongenetic factors for fluorouracil treatment-related severe toxicity: a prospective clinical trial by the German 5-FU Toxicity Study GroupMatthias Schwab
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
J Clin Oncol 26:2131-8. 2008To assess the predictive value of polymorphisms in dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPYD ), thymidylate synthase (TYMS ), and methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR ) and of nongenetic factors for severe leukopenia, diarrhea, and ..
- Combination of polymorphisms within 5' and 3' untranslated regions of thymidylate synthase gene modulates survival in 5 fluorouracil-treated colorectal cancer patientsMaría Encarnación Fernández-Contreras
Department of Pathology, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid UAM, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Int J Oncol 34:219-29. 2009..1%) among patients with the unfavourable G&6+/6+ combination. In our study the combination of high TS expression genotypes G&6+/6+ identifies a group of high risk within CRC patients treated with 5FU...
- Thymidylate synthase promoter polymorphism, interaction with folate intake, and risk of colorectal adenomasCornelia M Ulrich
Cancer Prevention Research Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cancer Res 62:3361-4. 2002b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is a key enzyme in folate metabolism and the primary target of 5-fluorouracil...
- Thymidylate synthase as a translational regulator of cellular gene expressionJun Liu
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1587:174-82. 2002Studies from our laboratory have shown that the folate-dependent enzyme, thymidylate synthase (TS), functions as an RNA binding protein...
- Combination of dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase and thymidylate synthase gene expressions in primary tumors as predictive parameters for the efficacy of fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancerWataru Ichikawa
Second Department of Surgery, Saitama Medical School, Saitama 350 04925, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 9:786-91. 2003Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) and thymidylate synthase (TS) gene expressions in metastatic colorectal cancer have been reported to be predictive parameters for the efficacy of fluoropyrimidine-based chemotherapy...
- A novel single nucleotide polymorphism within the 5' tandem repeat polymorphism of the thymidylate synthase gene abolishes USF-1 binding and alters transcriptional activityMichael V Mandola
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, New Jersey 08084, USA
Cancer Res 63:2898-904. 2003b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) gene expression is modulated by a polymorphism in the 5' regulatory region of the gene...
- Polymorphism in the thymidylate synthase promoter enhancer region modifies the risk and survival of colorectal cancerJia Chen
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:958-62. 2003b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) converts dUMP to dTMP, the rate-limiting nucleotide in DNA synthesis. It is also the target for 5-flurorouracil, the most common chemotherapy agent for treatment of colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Loss of heterozygosity at the thymidylate synthase (TS) locus on chromosome 18 affects tumor response and survival in individuals heterozygous for a 28-bp polymorphism in the TS geneKazumi Uchida
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:433-9. 2004b>Thymidylate synthase (TS), the target enzyme of the fluoropyrimidine class of drugs, has a 28-bp repeat polymorphism in the promoter region that has been associated with response of tumors to 5-fluorouracil-based therapy...
- A 6 bp polymorphism in the thymidylate synthase gene causes message instability and is associated with decreased intratumoral TS mRNA levelsMichael V Mandola
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, New Jersey 08084, USA
Pharmacogenetics 14:319-27. 2004A 6 bp deletion polymorphism in the thymidylate synthase (TS) gene was investigated in order to determine its function.
- Thymidylate synthase repeat polymorphisms and risk of neural tube defects in a population from the northern United KingdomCraig S Wilding
Genetics Department, Westlakes Research Institute, Cumbria, United Kingdom
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 70:483-5. 2004A 28-bp repeat polymorphism in the 5'UTR of the thymidylate synthase (TYMS) gene represents a candidate risk factor for neural tube defects (NTDs) due to involvement in folate-dependent homocysteine metabolism. Non-Hispanic, white, U.S...
- Thymidylate synthase polymorphisms and colon cancer: associations with tumor stage, tumor characteristics and survivalKaren Curtin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Int J Cancer 120:2226-32. 2007b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is a key enzyme in folate metabolism, a pathway that is important in colorectal carcinogenesis...
- Thymidylate synthase haplotype is associated with tumor recurrence in stage II and stage III colon cancerGeorg Lurje
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 18:161-8. 2008..We analyzed the value of thymidylate synthase (TS) and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene polymorphisms as a prognostic marker in stage II ..
- Thymidylate synthase and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene polymorphisms and toxicity to capecitabine in advanced colorectal cancer patientsRohini Sharma
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Sydney Cancer Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Cancer Res 14:817-25. 2008To evaluate the effect of thymidylate synthase (TYMS) and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) genotypes on toxicity in patients treated with capecitabine for advanced colorectal cancer and to determine the effect of these ..
- Pharmacogenetic approach for capecitabine or 5-fluorouracil selection to be combined with oxaliplatin as first-line chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancerEva Martinez-Balibrea
Medical Oncology Service, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol Institut Català d Oncologia, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Cancer 44:1229-37. 2008..006) were strong independent prognostic factors. According to this, patients harbouring TS-3'UTR +6bp/+6bp and ERCC1-118C/T or C/C genotypes may better receive capecitabine instead of 5FU in an oxaliplatin-based first-line treatment...
- Methotrexate in pediatric osteosarcoma: response and toxicity in relation to genetic polymorphisms and dihydrofolate reductase and reduced folate carrier 1 expressionAna Patino-Garcia
Laboratory of Pediatrics, University of Navarra University Clinic, Pamplona, Spain
J Pediatr 154:688-93. 2009..To determine the influence of the genotype and the level of expression of different enzymes involved in folate metabolism on the response to and toxicity of high-dose methotrexate treatment in pediatric osteosarcomas...
- Polymorphism in the thymidylate synthase promoter enhancer region in colorectal cancerS Marsh
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, Scotland, UK
Int J Oncol 19:383-6. 2001b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is an important target for chemotherapy drugs such as 5-fluorouracil and raltitrexed. Over-expression of TS has been linked to chemotherapy resistance...
- Polymorphisms in the thymidylate synthase and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase genes and sensitivity to the low-dose methotrexate therapy in patients with rheumatoid arthritisKazuhiko Kumagai
Department of Molecular and Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Japan
Int J Mol Med 11:593-600. 2003..b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) are key enzymes in the folate metabolism and both have ..
- Thymidylate synthase as an oncogene: a novel role for an essential DNA synthesis enzymeLambratu Rahman
Basic Research Laboratory and Molecular Therapeutic Program, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 5:341-51. 2004b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is an E2F1-regulated enzyme that is essential for DNA synthesis and repair...
- Thymidylate synthase gene polymorphism predicts toxicity in colorectal cancer patients receiving 5-fluorouracil-based chemotherapyThierry Lecomte
Service de Gastroenterologie, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris
Clin Cancer Res 10:5880-8. 2004The target enzyme for 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) is thymidylate synthase (TS)...
- Thymidine phosphorylase, dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase and thymidylate synthase mRNA expression in primary colorectal tumors-correlation to tumor histopathology and clinical follow-upSilke Lassmann
Pathologisches Institut, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Albertstrasse 19, 79104, Freiburg, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:238-47. 2006Evaluation of thymidine phosphorylase (TP), dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD), and thymidylate synthase (TS) mRNA levels in formalin-fixed, and paraffin-embedded tissues of patients with colorectal cancer and their prognostic and/or ..
- Polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferases (GST) and thymidylate synthase (TS)--novel predictors for response and survival in gastric cancer patientsE Goekkurt
Department of Haematology and Oncology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, University of Hamburg, Germany
Br J Cancer 94:281-6. 2006..1;7.0) in patients with at least one GSTP1-105I allele (P=0.037). Patients possessing a favourable thymidylate synthase (TS) genotype (2R/2R, 2R/3RC, 3RC/3RC) experienced a superior survival time of 10.2 months (95% CI 5.1;15...
- Risk genotypes in folate-dependent enzymes and their association with methotrexate-related side effects in rheumatoid arthritisMichael H Weisman
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:607-12. 2006..This study investigated whether risk genotypes for folate-dependent enzymes are associated with the toxicity of MTX in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Tumor thymidylate synthase 1494del6 genotype as a prognostic factor in colorectal cancer patients receiving fluorouracil-based adjuvant treatmentEmma Dotor
Laboratory of Translational Research and Department of Medical Oncology, Institut Català d Oncologia Institut d Investigació de Bellvitge IDIBELL, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 24:1603-11. 2006The purpose of this study was to analyze the value of germline and tumor thymidylate synthase (TS) genotyping as a prognostic marker in a series of colorectal cancer patients receiving adjuvant fluorouracil (FU) -based treatment.
- Pharmacogenetic profiling and clinical outcome of patients with advanced gastric cancer treated with palliative chemotherapyAnnamaria Ruzzo
Medical Oncology Unit, Hospital of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:1883-91. 2006..To investigate whether polymorphisms with putative influence on fluorouracil/cisplatin activity are associated with clinical outcomes of patients with advanced gastric cancer (AGC)...
- Thymidylate synthase expression in colon carcinomas with microsatellite instabilityFrank A Sinicrope
Mayo Clinic and Mayo College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:2738-44. 2006..Given that thymidylate synthase (TS) is inhibited by 5-FU, we studied the relationship between MSI and TS expression, and the prognostic ..
- Genomic copy number changes affecting the thymidylate synthase (TYMS) gene in cancer: a model for patient classification to aid fluoropyrimidine therapyJonathan R Brody
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 66:9369-73. 2006b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is an important target for 5-fluorouracil (5FU)-based therapy...
- ABCB1 C3435T polymorphism influences methotrexate sensitivity in rheumatoid arthritis patientsR Takatori
Dept of Orthopaedics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:546-54. 2006..5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide transformylase (ATIC) C347G and a 6bp-deletion polymorphism in the 3'-untranslated region of the thymidylase synthase (TYMS) gene are predictive of MTX sensitivity and its adverse effects.
- Fourteen novel genetic variations and haplotype structures of the TYMS gene encoding human thymidylate synthase (TS)Su Ryang Kim
Project Team for Pharmacogenetics, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Drug Metab Pharmacokinet 21:509-16. 2006Forty genetic variations including 14 novel ones were found in the human TYMS gene, which encodes thymidylate synthase, in 263 Japanese cancer patients who received 5-fluorouracil (FU)-based chemotherapy...
- The R163K mutant of human thymidylate synthase is stabilized in an active conformation: structural asymmetry and reactivity of cysteine 195Lydia M Gibson
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Center for Colon Cancer Research, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Biochemistry 47:4636-43. 2008Loop 181-197 of human thymidylate synthase (hTS) populates two conformational states...
- 118 SNPs of folate-related genes and risks of spina bifida and conotruncal heart defectsGary M Shaw
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
BMC Med Genet 10:49. 2009..Investigations into genetic variation that influences transport and metabolism of folate will help fill this data gap. We focused on 118 SNPs involved in folate transport and metabolism...
- Thymidylate synthase germline polymorphisms in rectal cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy based on 5-fluorouracilDavid Paez
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Pare Claret 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1681-9. 2010Chemoradiotherapy using 5-fluorouracil has shown to be effective treatment for rectal cancer. Thymidylate synthase (TS) is an important target enzyme for the fluoropyrimidines...
- [Thymidylate synthase expression and therapeutic effect analysis of pemetrexed in advanced lung adenocarcinoma]Zhi Kuan Wang
Department of Medical Oncology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:978-80. 2010To investigate the expression of thymidylate synthase (TS) in patients with advanced lung adenocarcinoma and its relation with the therapeutic effect of pemetrexed.
- Thymidylate synthase gene polymorphisms effecting 5-FU response in breast cancer patientsKalyana Kumar
Research Department, Indo American Cancer Institute and Research Center, Banjara Hills, Road No 14, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Cancer Biomark 6:83-93. 2010..The target enzyme for 5- Fluorouracil is thymidylate synthase (TYMS) this enzyme is also involved in folate metabolism...
- Human thymidylate synthase with loop 181-197 stabilized in an inactive conformation: ligand interactions, phosphorylation, and inhibition profilesBeibei Luo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
Protein Sci 20:87-94. 2011b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is a well-validated cancer target that undergoes conformational switching between active and inactive states...
- Association of thymidylate synthase gene polymorphisms with stavudine triphosphate intracellular levels and lipodystrophyPere Domingo
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital de Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1428-35. 2011..Polymorphisms in the thymidylate synthase (TS), methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR), reduced folate carrier 1 ..
- Crystal structure of human thymidylate synthase: a structural mechanism for guiding substrates into the active siteC A Schiffer
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0448, USA
Biochemistry 34:16279-87. 1995The crystal structure of human thymidylate synthase, a target for anti-cancer drugs, is determined to 3.0 A resolution and refined to a crystallographic residual of 17.8%...
- Polymorphisms of the repeated sequences in the enhancer region of the thymidylate synthase gene promoter may predict downstaging after preoperative chemoradiation in rectal cancerE Villafranca
Department of Oncology, Clinica Universitaria, University of Navarre, Pamplona, Spain
J Clin Oncol 19:1779-86. 2001b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is an important target enzyme for the fluoropyrimidines. TS gene promoter possesses regulatory tandemly repeated (TR) sequences that are polymorphic in humans, depending on ethnic factors...
- Structure of human thymidylate synthase suggests advantages of chemotherapy with noncompetitive inhibitorsJ Phan
Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of South Carolina, Columbia 92908, USA
J Biol Chem 276:14170-7. 2001b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is a major target in the chemotherapy of colorectal cancer and some other neoplasms...
- Thymidylate synthase gene polymorphism predicts response to capecitabine in advanced colorectal cancerDavid J Park
Department of Medical Oncology, Norris Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Int J Colorectal Dis 17:46-9. 2002b>Thymidylate synthase is a target enzyme for chemotherapeutic agents such as 5-fluorouracil and capecitabine, its oral prodrug...
- Induction of thymidylate synthase as a 5-fluorouracil resistance mechanismG J Peters
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1587:194-205. 2002b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is a key enzyme in the de novo synthesis of 2'-deoxythymidine-5'-monophosphate (dTMP) from 2'-deoxyuridine-5'-monophosphate (dUMP), for which 5,10-methylene-tetrahydrofolate (CH(2)-THF) is the methyl donor...
- Thymidylate synthase: a novel genetic determinant of plasma homocysteine and folate levelsBinh N Trinh
Department of Surgery, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
Hum Genet 111:299-302. 2002The thymidylate synthase gene ( TYMS or TS) encodes a tightly regulated enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of deoxyuridylate to thymidylate, and contains a tandem repeat polymorphism that affects expression of the enzyme...
- Association of thymidylate synthase gene polymorphism with its mRNA and protein expression and with prognosis in gastric cancerYoshinori Ishida
Department of Surgery, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Takaramachi 13 1, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Anticancer Res 22:2805-9. 2002b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is a target enzyme of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU). TS has a polymorphic repeated sequence in the 5'-UTR and the polymorphism is associated with TS protein expression...
- Thymidylate synthase expression in advanced colorectal cancer predicts for response to raltitrexedDavid C Farrugia
Section of Medicine and Cancer Research UK Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 9:792-801. 2003The purpose of this research was to evaluate the predictive value of expression of thymidylate synthase (TS) and other genes for response to raltitrexed (RTX).
- Associations between polymorphisms in the thymidylate synthase and serine hydroxymethyltransferase genes and susceptibility to malignant lymphomaAsahi Hishida
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center, Nagoya, Japan
Haematologica 88:159-66. 2003Polymorphisms in thymidylate synthase (TS) 28-bp tandem repeats in the promoter region and in cytosolic serine hydroxymethyltransferase (SHMT1 C1420T) have been reported to modulate the risk of adult acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL)...
- Thymidylate synthase and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase mRNA expression levels: predictors for survival in colorectal cancer patients receiving adjuvant 5-fluorouracilMarko Kornmann
Department of General Surgery, University of Ulm, Steinhovelstrasse 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:4116-24. 2003..In this study, we determined the prognostic value of thymidylate synthase (TS) and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) expression in colorectal cancer patients treated with ..
- Associations between polymorphisms within the thymidylate synthase gene and spina bifidaKelly A Volcik
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:924-8. 2003Polymorphisms within the thymidylate synthase (TS) gene that influence enzyme activity may affect plasma folate levels and, indirectly, plasma homocysteine concentrations...
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in folate metabolism and colorectal neoplasia: a HuGE reviewLinda Sharp
Epidemiology Group, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Am J Epidemiol 159:423-43. 2004..synthase reductase (MTRR A66G), cystathionine beta-synthase (CBS exon 8, 68-base-pair insertion), and thymidylate synthase (TS enhancer region and 3' untranslated region)--have been investigated in colorectal neoplasia...
- A multivariate analysis of genomic polymorphisms: prediction of clinical outcome to 5-FU/oxaliplatin combination chemotherapy in refractory colorectal cancerJ Stoehlmacher
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Hamburg, University Hospital, Hamburg 20247, Germany
Br J Cancer 91:344-54. 2004..genes XPD, ERCC1, XRCC1, XPA, and metabolising genes glutathione S-transferase GSTP1, GSTT1, GSTM1, and thymidylate synthase (TS) were assessed retrospectively in 106 patients with refractory stage IV disease who received 5-FU/..
- Polyglutamation of methotrexate with common polymorphisms in reduced folate carrier, aminoimidazole carboxamide ribonucleotide transformylase, and thymidylate synthase are associated with methotrexate effects in rheumatoid arthritisThierry Dervieux
Prometheus Laboratories, San Diego, California, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2766-74. 2004..MTXPGs) and inhibition of 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide transformylase (ATIC) and thymidylate synthase (TS)...
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and thymidylate synthase polymorphisms are not associated with breast cancer risk or phenotypeFabienne Grieu
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands 6009, Australia
Anticancer Res 24:3215-9. 2004..Functional genetic variants in the methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) and thymidylate synthase (TS) genes may be risk factors for breast cancer because of their central roles in cellular folate ..
- Case-control analysis of thymidylate synthase polymorphisms and risk of lung cancerQiuling Shi
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:649-56. 2005..b>Thymidylate synthase (TYMS) is involved in the metabolism of folate and the provision of nucleotides needed for DNA synthesis ..
- Thymidylate synthase 5'- and 3'-untranslated region polymorphisms associated with risk and progression of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckZhengdong Zhang
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:7903-10. 2004..We hypothesized that polymorphisms of the thymidylate synthase (TYMS) gene, which regulates a key enzyme in folate metabolism required for DNA synthesis and repair, are ..
- The role of thymidylate synthase and dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase in resistance to 5-fluorouracil in human lung cancer cellsTetsuya Oguri
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Lung Cancer 49:345-51. 2005The expressions of thymidylate synthase (TS) and intracellular metabolic enzymes have been reported to be associated with the sensitivity and/or resistance to 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)...
- Association of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase and thymidylate synthase promoter polymorphisms with genetic susceptibility to esophageal and cardia cancer in a Chinese high-risk populationL D Wang
Laboratory for Cancer Research, Experimental Center for Medicine, College of Medicine, Zhengzhou University, Henan Key Laboratory for Esophageal Cancer, Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China
Dis Esophagus 18:177-84. 2005Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) and thymidylate synthase (TS) are key enzymes in folate metabolism, which is essential for normal DNA methylation and synthesis...
- Relationships between promoter polymorphisms in the thymidylate synthase gene and mRNA levels in colorectal cancersMaria Morganti
Dipartimento di Farmacologia, Unità di Chemioterapia, Universita degli Studi di Firenze, Viale Pieraccini, 6, 50139, Firenze, Italy
Eur J Cancer 41:2176-83. 2005b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) intratumoural expression may be a prognostic marker and predict outcome of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU)-based chemotherapy in colorectal cancer patients...
- Polymorphisms in thymidylate synthase gene and susceptibility to breast cancer in a Chinese population: a case-control analysisXiangjun Zhai
Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
BMC Cancer 6:138. 2006..b>Thymidylate synthase (TYMS) is a key enzyme that participates in folate metabolism and catalyzes the conversion of dUMP to dTMP ..
- Germline polymorphisms may act as predictors of response to preoperative chemoradiation in locally advanced T3 rectal tumorsKaren Lise G Spindler
Department of Oncology, Vejle Hospital, Vejle, Denmark
Dis Colon Rectum 50:1363-9. 2007..This study was designed to investigate the predictive value of a new combination of three gene polymorphisms: thymidylate synthase, epidermal growth factor receptor Sp1-216, and epidermal growth factor A61G.
- G>C SNP of thymidylate synthase with respect to colorectal cancerMilena Gusella
Rovigo General Hospital, Oncology Division, Viale Tre Martiri 89, 45100 Rovigo, Italy
Pharmacogenomics 8:985-96. 2007Several studies indicate that low thymidylate synthase (TS) protein levels in tumor and normal tissues of colorectal cancer patients are associated with better clinical response to fluorouracil-based chemotherapy and higher risk of ..
- Thymidylate synthase polymorphisms, folate and B-vitamin intake, and risk of colorectal adenomaR A Hubner
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton SM2 5NG, UK
Br J Cancer 97:1449-56. 2007....
- Polymorphism of thymidylate synthase gene associated with its protein expression in human colon cancerKai Huan Yu
Department of General Surgery, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:617-21. 2008To correlate the polymorphisms in the 5'-untranslated region with thymidylate synthase (TS) protein expression in Han Chinese colonic neoplasms.
- Methotrexate (MTX) pathway gene polymorphisms and their effects on MTX toxicity in Caucasian and African American patients with rheumatoid arthritisPrabha Ranganathan
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Rheumatol 35:572-9. 2008..We examined the influence of MTX transporter gene polymorphisms on MTX toxicity in 2 racial groups of patients with RA...
- Direct role of nucleotide metabolism in C-MYC-dependent proliferation of melanoma cellsSudha Mannava
Department of Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cell Cycle 7:2392-400. 2008..These included thymidylate synthase (TS), inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase 2 (IMPDH2) and phosphoribosyl pyrophosphate synthetase 2 (PRPS2)...
- Toxicity and efficacy of 5-fluorouracil and capecitabine in a patient with TYMS gene polymorphism: A challenge or a dilemma?Armin Shahrokni
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 8:231-4. 2009..The active metabolite, 5-fluorodeoxyuridine monophosphate inhibits thymidylate synthase (TS), thus preventing DNA synthesis, which leads to imbalanced cell growth and ultimately cell death...
- Gene polymorphisms in TYMS, MTHFR, p53 and MDR1 as risk factors for breast cancer: a case-control studyL A Henríquez-Hernández
Clinical Science Department, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Oncol Rep 22:1425-33. 2009..05). Gene polymorphisms vary by regions. The present study contributes to the characterization of the genetic pattern of the Canary population...
- Association of thymidylate synthase enhancer region polymorphisms with thymidylate synthase activity in vivoC E de Bock
Leukaemia Foundation Laboratory, Division of Cancer and Cell Biology, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Pharmacogenomics J 11:307-14. 2011Two known polymorphisms in the 5' enhancer region (ER) of the thymidylate synthase (TS) gene, a variable number of tandem repeats of a 28 bp sequence (2R/3R) and a further G>C single nucleotide substitution within the repeats, result ..
- Effects of aging on swallowing physiology with transient cortical disruptionIanessa A Humbert; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will apply single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to the bilateral SMI laryngeal representation with concurrent video fluoroscopy and electromyography (EMG) during ..
- Monica A Perez; Fiscal Year: 2016..Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) will be used to examine excitability of intracortical pathways and corticospinal drive...
- Correlative Studies for NCI Study#7916: Phase I Clinical Trial of Intravenous FAUPatricia Mucci LoRusso; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The thymidylate synthase (TS) inhibitor 5-fluorouracil (5FU) is the "backbone" of cancer treatment in many malignancies. Unfortunately, tumors can be resistant to 5FU due to upregulation of TS...
- THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE AND FLUORODEOXYURIDINE RESISTANCEFranklin G Berger; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Thymidylate synthase (TS) catalyzes the reductive methylation of dUMP to dTMP, a reaction that is essential for the de novo biosynthesis of dTTP for DNA replication and cell proliferation...
- CELLULAR EFFECTS OF INHIBITION OF THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASERICHARD MORAN; Fiscal Year: 1993Inhibition of the key enzyme thymidylate synthase (TS) is a major cause of the activity of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) as a cancer chemotherapeutic agent...
- 5 FLUOROURACIL TARGET IN EUKARYOTIC CELLSDavid Priest; Fiscal Year: 2000..application would investigate folate-based control of CpG site methylation in the promoter region of the thymidylate synthase gene leading to attenuation of expression...
- Zhewu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2015..inhibition (SICI) and intra-cortical facilitation (ICF) measured through transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is associated with combat related PTSD...
- Ela B Plow; Fiscal Year: 2015..plasticity in the surviving cortices using non-invasive brain stimulation (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, TMS, and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation, tDCS) to enhance efficacy of rehabilitation...
- Folate Status, Genomic Uracil, and the Balance of Base Excision Repair ActivityMichael D Wyatt; Fiscal Year: 2011..In particular, N5,N10 methylene tetrahydrofolate is required by thymidylate synthase to convert dUMP to TMP, which is the only de novo source of TMP...
- Ronald L Cowan; Fiscal Year: 2014..mechanism to explore the neural mechanism for these findings by: 1) by using transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) in visual and motor cortex to demonstrate MDMA users have increased cortical excitability and, 2) to use magnetic ..
- ADAM ROBERT ARON; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will use Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) to examine the difference between global and selective stopping by identifying effects on motor representations in ..
- Scott H Frey; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our approach combines functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to determine changes occurring within the former hand territory, and behavioral testing to establish their ..
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation and Motor Training in Chronic StrokeDYLAN JAMES EDWARDS; Fiscal Year: 2010..We plan to use accepted TMS measures of cortical excitability, together with a novel twitch torque measure and motor control measures, to test ..
- Stewart H Mostofsky; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) in motor cortex, we found that Short Interval Cortical Inhibition (SICI), which is mediated by GABAergic ..
- Donald L Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) in motor cortex, we found that Short Interval Cortical Inhibition (SICI), which is mediated by GABAergic ..
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive DisorderAntonio Mantovani; Fiscal Year: 2012..OCD, 2) to evaluate the safety of fMRI-guided rTMS in OCD, and 3) to explore the impact of rTMS to the pre-SMA on TMS measures of motor cortex excitability in OCD...
- Motor cortex dysfunction in migraineJing Xiang; Fiscal Year: 2011..can be treated and/or prevented by normalizing cortical excitability with transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), medications and other methods...
- TMS Effects on Pain PerceptionJeffrey J Borckardt; Fiscal Year: 2010..The candidate will become familiar with new treatments such as transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), vagus nerve stimulation, and deep brain stimulation...
- Amy J Bastian; Fiscal Year: 2015..In aim 2 we will use transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to test whether gradual motor learning is more associated with increased excitability in primary motor cortex, ..
- David J Ostry; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will use trans-cranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to test for changes associated with somatosensory training in the excitability of primary motor cortex...
- Behavioral and Neurophysiological Mechanisms of Interference in Skill LearningGABRIELA LUCILA CANTARERO; Fiscal Year: 2012..excitability changes in the motor cortex resulting from training and tDCS, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) will be used to assess the magnitude of saturation (homeostatic plasticity) associated with practicing the task in ..
- Michael D Fox; Fiscal Year: 2016..motor network, where propagation of focal brain stimulation can be measured with transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)...
- Identification of post-transcriptionally regulated targets by TrIP-Chip/SeqJingfang Ju; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our recent studies revealed that miR-215 is involved in regulating some key anticancer targets, e.g. thymidylate synthase and dihydrofolate reductase...
- Bhaumik B Patel; Fiscal Year: 2016..At the same time, expression of thymidylate synthase (TS), the putative target of miR-215, as well as integrin alpha-V (CD51) and myeloid cell leukemia-1 (MCL-1)..
- Mechanisms of cerebral palsy recovery induced by balancing motor cortex activityKATHLEEN MARGARET FRIEL; Fiscal Year: 2012..The applicant will obtain training in TMS, human motor skill assessment and analysis, and translating hypotheses between the animal and the human...
- Richard Ivry; Fiscal Year: 2014..dynamics during the selection and initiation of movements as measured with transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) of the motor cortex...
- Andrew L Lee; Fiscal Year: 2016..paired with small molecule synthesis and steady-state kinetics, will be applied to a 64 kD enzyme, thymidylate synthase (TS), from E. coli...
- MARIA MARJORETTE PENA; Fiscal Year: 2015..Inhibitors of the enzyme thymidylate synthase (TS), particularly fluoropyrimidines, have been used for many years in the clinical management of a variety ..
- Optimization of pyrimidinyl prodrugs (PYPs) for malaria chemotherapyPRADIPSINH RATHOD; Fiscal Year: 2009..hit: Over the last two decades, the PI has systematically considered multiple ways to attack malarial thymidylate synthase with nanomolar-level enzyme inhibitors active in whole cell assays...
- Using TMS to enhance off-line learning.Edwin Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2009..When Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) is applied to the primary motor cortex (M1) the rate of subsequent skill learning can be increased in normal ..
- Conotruncal defects: genetic and nutritional riskEDWARD JAMES LAMMER; Fiscal Year: 2010..reductase, betaine homocysteine methyltransferases 1&2, N-acetyltransferase 1, and thymidylate synthase);2) studying genetic variation of two folate transporters, folate receptor-alpha and reduced folate carrier;..
- Larry H Matherly; Fiscal Year: 2015..Another cytotoxic hPCFT substrate, AG112, was a potent inhibitor of thymidylate synthase. AG71 was tested in vivo against subcutaneous human hepatoma cells in SCID mice and showed potent hPCFT-..
- Donna S Shewach; Fiscal Year: 2014..as hydroxyurea (ribonucleotide reductase inhibitor), and fluorodeoxyuridine, methotrexate and pemetrexed (thymidylate synthase inhibitors) to produce the first unifying hypothesis for antimetabolite radiosensitization...
- Prognostic Molecular Markers of Colorectal CancerUpender Manne; Fiscal Year: 2009..in colon cancer), p53, p21waf-1, p27Kip-1, Mdm2, cyclin E, Ki67, Bcl-2, Bax, MUC1, cyclooxygenase 2, and thymidylate synthase. The extent of apoptosis will be determined utilizing TUNEL...
- Chemotherapy targeting human thymidylate synthase messenger RNATHOMAS C HERMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proposed research is intended to discover novel anti-cancer agents that inhibit expression of thymidylate synthase (TS), the sole intracellular de novo source of thymidylate for DNA biosynthesis...
- Genetic determinants associated with pemetrexed response and toxicityM Eileen Dolan; Fiscal Year: 2013..The most significant interaction at clinically achievable concentrations is with thymidylate synthase (TYMS), although the drug is known to target at least two other folate dependent enzymes...
- Amnon Kohen; Fiscal Year: 2016..A mechanistic investigation of C-H bond activation in alternative dihydrofolate reductases (DHFRs) and thymidylate synthase (TSase) will be conducted...
- RELATION OF THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE STRUCTURE TO FUNCTIONJAMES APPLEMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) catalyzes the conversion of dUMP and [6R]-5,10- methylenetetrahydrofolate (CH2H4folate) to dTMP and H2folate by reductive methylation, in which CH2H4folate is both methyl donor and reducing agent...
- THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE GENE EXPRESSIONLee Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2002b>Thymidylate synthase (TS) is an essential enzyme in proliferating cells and an important target of chemotherapeutic drugs...
- MULTISUBSTRATE ENZYME INHIBITORSARTHUR BROOM; Fiscal Year: 1991The long range goals of the project are to develop potent and specific multisubstrate inhibitors of thymidylate synthase, to use these as probes to study the active site of the enzyme and to develop from this information useful new ..
- CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC STUDIES OF THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASEJanet Finer Moore; Fiscal Year: 2003The broad objectives of the work are to understand the functions of thymidylate synthase (TS) and other nucleotide, RNA and DNA-modifying enzymes...
- A Molecular Approach For Opportunistic HIV-1 InfectionsKaren Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two enzymes crucial for DNA synthesis and one-carbon transfers are thymidylate synthase and dihydrofolate reductase...
- Prognostic Markers in Trials for Head and Neck CancerKevin Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2005Our fundamental hypothesis is that readily identifiable biomarkers, including p53, thymidylate synthase and enzymes in the glutathione pathway are critical determinants of response and long term outcome for patients receiving chemotherapy ..
- fMRI and TMS of Motor Recovery after Hemiparetic StrokeJudith Schaechter; Fiscal Year: 2007This application is for a Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award entitled "fMRI and TMS of Motor Recovery after Hemiparetic Stroke"...
- Ralph D Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2014..coupling by the application of electrical stimulation in the form of transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS). Our first goal is to study neural and hemodynamic functional connectivity in the LGN and visual cortex...
- NEURAL SUBSTRATES FOR CONTROL OF REACHING IN HUMANSGARRETT ALEXANDER; Fiscal Year: 2004..changes in regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) in normal human volunteers, and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) will be used to reversibly disrupt the functioning of selected cortical areas of subjects performing a variety of ..
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation LaboratorySabine Kastner; Fiscal Year: 2002..Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a technique that offers the unique possibility to create a transient virtual lesion by inducing cortical ..
- The Respiratory-motor CouplingSheng Li; Fiscal Year: 2012..in corticospinal excitability associated with voluntary breathing (Aim 1) using transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and neuromuscular electrical stimulation (ES) in a variety of tasks in normal subjects...
- NCI OUTSTANDING INVESTIGATORS GRANTFrank Maley; Fiscal Year: 2000Because of the role that thymidylate synthase (TS) and deoxycytidylate deaminase (DD) play in providing nucleotide products for DNA synthesis, they have become prime targets for chemotherapy...
- Single Agents with Designed Combination Chemotherapy PotentialAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..that each inhibit VEGFR-2 and PDGFR-$, (tumor angiogenic effects) and remarkably also inhibit human thymidylate synthase (hTS) (cytotoxic effects)...
- EDITING OF THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE RNABRUCE DOLNICK; Fiscal Year: 2002b>Thymidylate synthase is the enzyme responsible for the de novo synthesis of thymidylate and is a major target in chemotherapy...
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent studies indicate that the clinically used TS inhibitors 5FU, 5FdR, AD1694, and LY23154 all induce thymidylate synthase (TS) synthesis...
- NIH Director's Pioneer AwardKarl Deisseroth; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Factors influencing regulation of the dynamics of the actin filament pointed endAlla S Kostyukova; Fiscal Year: 2013..TM binding sites on Tmod will be used to learn the structural basis of the specificity of binding of different TMs to different Tmods...
- Effects of Psychopathology on Prefrontal Cortical Functioning During Goal-DirecteSharon L Thompson Schill; Fiscal Year: 2010..diverse and novel methodologies including behavioral, perfusion fMRI, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), and neuropsychological/clinical studies, and introduces a novel set of tasks that will allow for a better ..
- CYP1B1: A Molecular Target for Chemoprevention of Lung AdenocarcinomaMargie L Clapper; Fiscal Year: 2013..of CYP1B1 will be achieved by gene deletion or administration of 2,3',4,5'-tetramethoxystilbene (TMS), a synthetic analog of resveratrol that is a selective inhibitor of CYP1B1...
- PERMEABILITY OF THE EPIDEMIC TYPHUS RICKETTSIAJONATHON PETER AUDIA; Fiscal Year: 2010..We now have an excellent two-dimensional topology for this protein and evidence for which transmembrane domains (TMs) form the water-filled channel through which ATP/ADP crosses the membrane...
- JOSEPH JEFFREY TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2014..One week later, participants will receive the same TMS treatment but the opposite IV infusion...
- Velia M Fowler; Fiscal Year: 2016..capped by tropomodulin-1 (Tmod1) at their pointed ends and 1/2-adducin at their barbed ends, while tropomyosins (TMs) span along the filament length, binding to Tmod1 at the pointed filament end...
- RAPIDLY-ACTING TREATMENTS FOR TREATMENT-RESISTANT DEPRESSION (RAPID)Maurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2011..g., tms, ect, mst)...
- Anthony Carruthers; Fiscal Year: 2016..sugar transport, are essential for carbohydrate homeostasis in humans, contain 12 membrane-spanning alpha helices (TMs) which form a translocation pathway (amphipathic TMs 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11) stabilized by a scaffold (..
- PRESSURE REGULATION OF HUMAN TRABECULAR MESHWORK GENESTERESA BORRAS; Fiscal Year: 2012..uncovered that such processes were not only present in the TM, but also that they seemed to be more active in TMs from glaucomatous patients...
- Pathophysiology of Spasmodic Dysphonia: a TMS studyTeresa Jacobson Kimberley; Fiscal Year: 2013..Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a safe, non-invasive tool that can provide extensive information about the neurophysiologic underpinnings in a ..
- MARCELO DANIEL CARATTINO; Fiscal Year: 2014..homo- or hetero- trimers and are composed of subunits that have a similar topology with two transmembrane domains (TMs) connected by a large extracellular domain with short intracellular N- and C- termini...
- The Thrombin-Thrombomodulin InteractionElizabeth A Komives; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mutant TMs will also be studied...
- Molecular mechanisms of voltage-gated proton channelsHans Peter Larsson; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, HV channels have only the first 4 TMs and lack a typical pore domain...