Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TWIST1
Description: twist family bHLH transcription factor 1
Alias: ACS3, BPES2, BPES3, CRS, CRS1, CSO, SCS, TWIST, bHLHa38, twist-related protein 1, B-HLH DNA binding protein, H-twist, TWIST homolog of drosophila, class A basic helix-loop-helix protein 38, twist basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor 1, twist homolog 1
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Saethre-Chotzen mutations cause TWIST protein degradation or impaired nuclear locationV El Ghouzzi
Unite de Recherches sur les Handicaps Genetiques de l Enfant, INSERM U393, Institut Necker, 149 rue de Sevres, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Hum Mol Genet 9:813-9. 2000H-TWIST belongs to the family of basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors known to exert their activity through dimer formation...
- Twist expression in patients with cervical cancer is associated with poor disease outcomeK Shibata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Ann Oncol 19:81-5. 2008b>Twist, a basic helix--loop-helix transcription factor, has been reported to be associated with the development and progression of human cancer...
- Up-regulation of MSX2 enhances the malignant phenotype and is associated with twist 1 expression in human pancreatic cancer cellsKennichi Satoh
Division of Gastroenterology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Siryo machi, Aobaku, Sendai City, Miyagi, Japan
Am J Pathol 172:926-39. 2008..Microarray analysis revealed a significant induction of Twist 1 expression in cells that express MSX2...
- Twist is transcriptionally induced by activation of STAT3 and mediates STAT3 oncogenic functionGeorge Z Cheng
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14665-73. 2008..We previously showed that the I4 lines had dramatically elevated levels of Twist compared with their parental lines...
- Twist, a master regulator of morphogenesis, plays an essential role in tumor metastasisJing Yang
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Cell 117:927-39. 2004..for key regulators of metastasis in a murine breast tumor model, we have found that the transcription factor Twist, a master regulator of embryonic morphogenesis, plays an essential role in metastasis...
- Direct regulation of TWIST by HIF-1alpha promotes metastasisMuh Hwa Yang
Institutes of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, No 155, Sec 2, Li Niong Street, Peitou, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Nat Cell Biol 10:295-305. 2008..The transcription factor TWIST is a master regulator of gastrulation and mesoderm-specification and was implicated recently as an essential ..
- Twist1 suppresses senescence programs and thereby accelerates and maintains mutant Kras-induced lung tumorigenesisPhuoc T Tran
Department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002650. 2012..in both a novel transgenic mutant Kras lung cancer mouse model and in human lung tumors that the inhibition of Twist1 restores a senescence program inducing the loss of a neoplastic phenotype...
- Twist overexpression induces in vivo angiogenesis and correlates with chromosomal instability in breast cancerYelena Mironchik
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cancer Res 65:10801-9. 2005..In this study, we show that stable overexpression of Twist in a breast cancer cell line, MCF-7, altered its morphology to a fibroblastic-like phenotype, which exhibited ..
- Mutations of the TWIST gene in the Saethre-Chotzen syndromeV El Ghouzzi
Unité Recherches sur les Handicaps Génétiques de l Enfant INSERM U 393, Institut Necker, Paris, France
Nat Genet 15:42-6. 1997..ACS III has been mapped to chromosome 7p21-22. Of interest, TWIST, the human counterpart of the murine Twist gene, has been localized on chromosome 7p21 as well...
- Transcription factors zeb1, twist and snai1 in breast carcinomaYlermi Soini
Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Pathology and Forensic Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Eastern Finland, Cancer Center of Eastern Finland, PO Box 1627, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
BMC Cancer 11:73. 2011Epitheliomesenchymal transition (EMT) is the process where cancer cells attain fibroblastic features and are thus able to invade neighboring tissues. Transcriptional factors zeb1, snai1 and twist regulate EMT.
- Prognostic value of Twist and E-cadherin in patients with osteosarcomaKe Yin
Department of Orthopaedics, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, 87 Xiangya Road, Changsha, 410008, Hunan, China
Med Oncol 29:3449-55. 2012b>Twist, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, and E-cadherin are both correlated with the metastatic progression of several types of cancer...
- The TWIST/Mi2/NuRD protein complex and its essential role in cancer metastasisJunjiang Fu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell Res 21:275-89. 2011..Although TWIST is a master regulator of EMT and metastasis for breast and other cancers, the mechanisms responsible for TWIST-..
- Twist1 dimer selection regulates cranial suture patterning and fusionJeannette Connerney
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine 04074, USA
Dev Dyn 235:1345-57. 2006..syndrome is associated with haploinsufficiency of the basic-helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor TWIST1 and is characterized by premature closure of the cranial sutures, termed craniosynostosis; however, the mechanisms ..
- Twist: a molecular target in cancer therapeuticsMd Asaduzzaman Khan
Key Laboratory of Epigenetics and Oncology, Research Center for Preclinical Medicine, Luzhou Medical College, 3 319 Zhongshan Road, Luzhou, Sichuan, 646000, China
Tumour Biol 34:2497-506. 2013b>Twist, the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, is involved in the process of epithelial to mesenchymal transitions (EMTs), which play an essential role in cancer metastasis...
- Up-regulation of TWIST in prostate cancer and its implication as a therapeutic targetWai Kei Kwok
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, SAR, China
Cancer Res 65:5153-62. 2005..In this study, we have shown a potential novel target, TWIST, a highly conserved bHLH transcription factor, in the treatment of prostate cancer...
- Significance of TWIST and E-cadherin expression in the metastatic progression of prostatic cancerH F Yuen
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Histopathology 50:648-58. 2007..We have previously found that up-regulation of TWIST, a highly conserved basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, in prostatic cancer cells can promote epithelial ..
- Artemin stimulates radio- and chemo-resistance by promoting TWIST1-BCL-2-dependent cancer stem cell-like behavior in mammary carcinoma cellsArindam Banerjee
Liggins Institute, University of Auckland, Auckland 1023, New Zealand
J Biol Chem 287:42502-15. 2012Artemin (ARTN) has been reported to promote a TWIST1-dependent epithelial to mesenchymal transition of estrogen receptor negative mammary carcinoma (ER-MC) cells associated with metastasis and poor survival outcome...
- Cysteine-rich 61-connective tissue growth factor-nephroblastoma-overexpressed 5 (CCN5)/Wnt-1-induced signaling protein-2 (WISP-2) regulates microRNA-10b via hypoxia-inducible factor-1α-TWIST signaling networks in human breast cancer cellsInamul Haque
Cancer Research Unit, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri 64128, USA
J Biol Chem 286:43475-85. 2011..In breast metastatic cells, miR-10b expression is enhanced by a transcription factor TWIST1. We find that miR-10b expression in breast cancer cells can be suppressed by CCN5, and this CCN5 effect is ..
- Up-regulation of gastric cancer cell invasion by Twist is accompanied by N-cadherin and fibronectin expressionZhou Yang
Department of General Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:925-30. 2007b>Twist, a newly found EMT-inducer, has been reported to be up-regulated in those of diffuse-type gastric carcinomas with high N-cadherin level...
- TWIST1 a new determinant of epithelial to mesenchymal transition in EGFR mutated lung adenocarcinomaKarine Pallier
UMR S775, INSERM, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 7:e29954. 2012..We previously showed that EGFR mutations were associated with a copy number gain at a locus encompassing the TWIST1 gene on chromosome 7...
- SET8 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition and confers TWIST dual transcriptional activitiesFen Yang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Key Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Translational Research Ministry of Education, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
EMBO J 31:110-23. 2012..Here, we report that SET8 is physically associated with TWIST, a master regulator of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)...
- Twist and snai1 expression in pharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma stroma is related to cancer progressionAnna Jouppila-Mättö
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kuopio University Hospital, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
BMC Cancer 11:350. 2011..Two transcription factors, TWIST and SNAI1, are fundamental in regulating EMT.
- Correlation of increased twist with lymph node metastasis in patients with oral squamous cell carcinomaAlimujiang Wushou
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology and Shanghai Research Institute of Stomatology, Shanhai, China
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:1473-9. 2012To investigate the protein expression of Twist, Snail, and Slug in oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) samples and evaluate the potential correlation between the expression status and clinicopathologic features in patients with OSCC.
- TWIST1 promoter methylation in primary colorectal carcinomaRúbia D Ruppenthal
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Methodist University Center IPA, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Pathol Oncol Res 17:867-72. 2011b>TWIST1 gene, a transcription factor that belongs to the family of basic helix-loop-helix proteins, has been related to tumor progression and metastasis in different cancers...
- High TWIST1 mRNA expression is associated with poor prognosis in lymph node-negative and estrogen receptor-positive human breast cancer and is co-expressed with stromal as well as ECM related genesMuhammad Riaz
Erasmus University Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Department of Medical Oncology and Cancer Genomics Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res 14:R123. 2012ABSTRACT: INTRODUCTION: The TWIST homolog 1 (TWIST1) is a transcription factor that induces epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT), a key process in metastasis...
- TWIST1 and SNAI1 as markers of poor prognosis in human colorectal cancer are associated with the expression of ALDH1 and TGF-β1Yong Hun Kim
Department of Medicine, The Graduate School, CHA University, Bundang gu, Seongnam 463 712, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 31:1380-8. 2014..mRNAs of E-cadherin, TWIST1 and SNAI1 were analyzed by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) (n=109)...
- Human Dermo-1 has attributes similar to twist in early bone developmentM S Lee
Division of Molecular Medicine, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010 3011, USA
Bone 27:591-602. 2000..Dermo-1 encodes a bHLH transcription factor that shares extensive homology with another bHLH transcription factor, Twist. We have cloned and characterized human Dermo-1 from two different bone cytoplasmic DNA (cDNA) libraries...
- Bmi1 is essential in Twist1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transitionMuh Hwa Yang
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Nat Cell Biol 12:982-92. 2010..Here, we show the direct regulation of BMI1 by the EMT regulator, Twist1. Furthermore, Twist1 and Bmi1 were mutually essential to promote EMT and tumour-initiating capability...
- Twist overexpression promotes chromosomal instability in the breast cancer cell line MCF-7Farhad Vesuna
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 167:189-91. 2006
- Thrombin induces expression of twist and cell motility via the hypoxia-inducible factor-1α translational pathway in colorectal cancer cellsLi Hsun Chang
Pharmacological Institute, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 226:1060-8. 2011..b>Twist can regulate epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and increase tumor metastasis...
- Oncogenic cooperation between H-Twist and N-Myc overrides failsafe programs in cancer cellsSandrine Valsesia-Wittmann
INSERM U590, Centre Leon Berard, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon F 69008 France
Cancer Cell 6:625-30. 2004..By performing a pangenomic cDNA microarray analysis, we demonstrate that human Twist is constantly overexpressed in N-Myc-amplified neuroblastomas...
- Twist transcriptionally up-regulates AKT2 in breast cancer cells leading to increased migration, invasion, and resistance to paclitaxelGeorge Z Cheng
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cancer Res 67:1979-87. 2007..b>Twist, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, and AKT2, a known proto-oncogene, were found to be elevated in the ..
- Twist is a transcriptional repressor of E-cadherin gene expression in breast cancerFarhad Vesuna
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 340 Traylor, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 367:235-41. 2008b>Twist is a basic helix loop helix protein that plays a role both in human development and in cancer biogenesis...
- Twist, an independent prognostic marker for predicting distant metastasis and survival rates of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma patientsFangwei Xie
Department of Oncology, Fuzhou General Hospital, 156 Western Two Circle North Road, Fuzhou, 350025, China
Clin Exp Metastasis 26:1025-32. 2009The transcription factor Twist plays a key role in cancer metastasis...
- Gene expression profiling of pulmonary fibrosis identifies Twist1 as an antiapoptotic molecular "rectifier" of growth factor signalingRobert S Bridges
Department of Pharmacology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 175:2351-61. 2009..To gain insight into IPF pathogenesis, we performed gene expression profiling of IPF lungs. Twist1, a basic helix-loop-helix protein, was found among the most consistently and highly up-regulated genes and was ..
- ARTEMIN synergizes with TWIST1 to promote metastasis and poor survival outcome in patients with ER negative mammary carcinomaArindam Banerjee
Liggins Institute, University of Auckland, 2 6 Park Avenue, Auckland, 1023, New Zealand
Breast Cancer Res 13:R112. 2011..ARTN is also expressed in ER negative mammary carcinoma (ER-MC). Herein, we determined the role of ARTN in ER-MC and defined the mechanism of action producing poor patient prognosis...
- Epithelial-mesenchymal transition induced by TNF-α requires NF-κB-mediated transcriptional upregulation of Twist1Chia Wei Li
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 72:1290-300. 2012..induced by chronic treatment with TNF-α are mediated by the upregulation of the transcriptional repressor Twist1. Exposure to TNF-α rapidly induced Twist1 mRNA and protein expression in normal breast epithelial and breast ..
- Translational control of TWIST1 expression in MCF-10A cell lines recapitulating breast cancer progressionM L Nairismägi
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Oncogene 31:4960-6. 2012b>TWIST1 is a highly conserved basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor that promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT). Its misregulation has been observed in various types of tumors...
- Mutations in TWIST, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, in Saethre-Chotzen syndromeT D Howard
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 3914, USA
Nat Genet 15:36-41. 1997..The locus for Saethre-Chotzen syndrome maps to chromosome 7p21-p22. We have evaluated TWIST, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, as a candidate gene for this condition because its expression ..
- Twist haploinsufficiency in Saethre-Chotzen syndrome induces calvarial osteoblast apoptosis due to increased TNFalpha expression and caspase-2 activationMalika Yousfi
Laboratory of Osteoblast Biology and Pathology, INSERM U349 affiliated CNRS, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2 rue Ambroise Pare 75475 Paris cedex 10, France
Hum Mol Genet 11:359-69. 2002..human autosomal dominant disorder characterized by premature fusion of cranial sutures caused by mutations of the Twist gene encoding a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor...
- Altered Twist1 and Hand2 dimerization is associated with Saethre-Chotzen syndrome and limb abnormalitiesBeth A Firulli
Wells Center for Pediatric Research, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana Medical School, 1044 W Walnut R4 371, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5225, USA
Nat Genet 37:373-81. 2005Autosomal dominant mutations in the gene encoding the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor Twist1 are associated with limb and craniofacial defects in humans with Saethre-Chotzen syndrome...
- The expression of Twist has an impact on survival in human bladder cancer and is influenced by the smoking statusMarie E Fondrevelle
Department of Anatomy and Pathology, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Saint Jacques, Besancon, France
Urol Oncol 27:268-76. 2009b>Twist is considered as transcription factor that regulates epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) by at least inhibition of E-cadherin expression. EMT is a key event in the tumor invasion process...
- Negative regulation of TIMP1 is mediated by transcription factor TWIST1Hirohiko Okamura
Department of Histology and Oral Histology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Kuramoto, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Int J Oncol 35:181-6. 2009b>TWIST1 is involved in tumor invasion and metastasis by promoting epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition. However, the molecular target of TWIST1 involving this mechanism is poorly understood...
- Significance of Twist expression and its association with E-cadherin in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaKen Sasaki
Department of Surgical Oncology and Digestive Surgery, Field of Oncology, Course of Advanced Therapeutics, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:158. 2009b>Twist is a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcriptional factor that has been identified to play an important role in epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)-mediated metastasis through the regulation of E-cadherin expression...
- Role of p14ARF in TWIST-mediated senescence in prostate epithelial cellsWai Kei Kwok
Department of Anatomy
Carcinogenesis 28:2467-75. 2007Recently, TWIST, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, is suggested to be an oncogene because of its over-expression in many types of human cancer and its positive role in promoting cell survival...
- Translocation breakpoint maps 5 kb 3' from TWIST in a patient affected with Saethre-Chotzen syndromeI Krebs
Phillips Universität Marburg, Medizinisches Zentrum für Humangenetik, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 6:1079-86. 1997..The rearrangement occurred approximately 5 kb 3' of the human TWIST locus and deleted 518 bp of chromosome 7...
- Regulation of histone acetyltransferases p300 and PCAF by the bHLH protein twist and adenoviral oncoprotein E1AY Hamamori
Institute for Genetic Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Cell 96:405-13. 1999..Here, it is shown that Twist directly binds two independent HAT domains of acetyltransferases, p300 and p300/CBP-associated factor (PCAF), and ..
- Cloning of the human twist gene: its expression is retained in adult mesodermally-derived tissuesS M Wang
Center for Gerontological Research, Allegheny University of the Health Sciences, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Gene 187:83-92. 1997..cDNA clone, isolate EPC-A2 (early population doubling cDNA-A2), encodes the 3' end of the human homolog of the Twist protein...
- The basic domain of myogenic basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) proteins is the novel target for direct inhibition by another bHLH protein, TwistY Hamamori
Institute for Genetic Medicine and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:6563-73. 1997In vertebrates, the basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) protein Twist may be involved in the negative regulation of cellular determination and in the differentiation of several lineages, including myogenesis, osteogenesis, and neurogenesis...
- Twist is a potential oncogene that inhibits apoptosisR Maestro
Experimental Oncology 1, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, 33081 Aviano, Italy
Genes Dev 13:2207-17. 1999..that could counteract the proapoptotic effects of the myc oncogene identified two related bHLH family members, Twist and Dermo1. Both of these proteins inhibited oncogene- and p53-dependent cell death...
- Cooperative E-box regulation of human GLI1 by TWIST and USFElisabeth H Villavicencio
Children s Memorial Institute for Education and Research, Northwestern University Medical School, 2300 Children s Plaza, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Genesis 32:247-58. 2002..critical regulatory elements, including a GC box that binds Sp1 and two intronic E-boxes that bind USF proteins or Twist. Expression of Twist but not a frame shift mutation of Twist activates the wild-type human GLI1 regulatory ..
- Twist plays an essential role in FGF and SHH signal transduction during mouse limb developmentMeredith P O'Rourke
Embryology Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, Wentworthville, NSW 2145, Australia
Dev Biol 248:143-56. 2002Loss of Twist gene function arrests the growth of the limb bud shortly after its formation. In the Twist(-/-) forelimb bud, Fgf10 expression is reduced, Fgf4 is not expressed, and the domain of Fgf8 and Fgfr2 expression is altered...
- Twist regulates cytokine gene expression through a negative feedback loop that represses NF-kappaB activityDrazen Sosic
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell 112:169-80. 2003During Drosophila embryogenesis, the dorsal transcription factor activates the expression of twist, a transcription factor required for mesoderm formation...
- Identification of a novel function of TWIST, a bHLH protein, in the development of acquired taxol resistance in human cancer cellsXianghong Wang
Cancer Biology Group, Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Oncogene 23:474-82. 2004..In this study, we report the identification of a novel role for TWIST, a basic helix-loop-helix protein, which plays a central role in cell type determination and differentiation, ..
- Aberrant expression of the tyrosine kinase receptor EphA4 and the transcription factor twist in Sézary syndrome identified by gene expression analysisRemco van Doorn
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 64:5578-86. 2004..Moreover, the tyrosine kinase receptor EphA4 and the potentially oncogenic transcription factor Twist were highly and selectively expressed in T cells of patients with Sz...
- HOXA5-twist interaction alters p53 homeostasis in breast cancer cellsIoannis A Stasinopoulos
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2294-9. 2005..Searching for potential protein interacting partners we found that HOXA5 binds to an anti-apoptotic protein, Twist. Furthermore, Twist-overexpressing MCF-7 cells displayed a deregulated p53 response to gamma-radiation and ..
- Functional analysis of natural mutations in two TWIST protein motifsNoriko Funato
Human Gene Sciences Center, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Mutat 25:550-6. 2005..Haploinsufficiency of the human TWIST1 gene, which causes the craniosynostosis disorder Saethre-Chotzen syndrome (SCS), is related to failure to repress ..
- Frequent genomic abnormalities at TWIST in human pediatric osteosarcomasNatacha Entz-Werle
Service de pédiatrie Onco Hématologie, CHRU Hautepierre, Strasbourg, France
Int J Cancer 117:349-55. 2005..Previous physiologic and oncologic data identified the TWIST gene as a marker for mesodermal derivative and bone tissue differentiation, but its contribution to bone ..
- TWIST is expressed in human gliomas and promotes invasionMaria C Elias
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Neoplasia 7:824-37. 2005b>TWIST, a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor that regulates mesodermal development, has been shown to promote tumor cell metastasis and to enhance survival in response to cytotoxic stress...
- The clinical significance of twist expression in nasopharyngeal carcinomaLi Bing Song
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Lett 242:258-65. 2006The present study was aimed to determine twist expression in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) and to investigate the clinicopathological significance in the progress of NPC...
- Twist mediates suppression of inflammation by type I IFNs and AxlM Nusrat Sharif
Arthritis and Tissue Degeneration Program, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 203:1891-901. 2006..was mediated by induction and activation of the Axl receptor tyrosine kinase and downstream induction of Twist transcriptional repressors that bind to E box elements in the TNF promoter and suppress NF-kappaB-dependent ..
- Twist and epithelial-mesenchymal transition are induced by the EBV oncoprotein latent membrane protein 1 and are associated with metastatic nasopharyngeal carcinomaToshiyuki Horikawa
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Cancer Res 67:1970-8. 2007..principal EBV oncoprotein, latent membrane protein 1 (LMP1), induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) via Twist, a master transcriptional regulator in embryogenesis and newly implicated in metastasis, which, in turn, are ..
- Upregulation of Twist-1 by NF-kappaB blocks cytotoxicity induced by chemotherapeutic drugsCan G Pham
The Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, 924 East 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3920-35. 2007..Using an unbiased screen, we identified the basic-helix-loop-helix factor Twist-1 as a new mediator of the protective function of NF-kappaB...
- Isolation and molecular profiling of bone marrow micrometastases identifies TWIST1 as a marker of early tumor relapse in breast cancer patientsMark A Watson
Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:5001-9. 2007....
- Expression and significance of TWIST basic helix-loop-helix protein over-expression in gastric cancerZhang Yan-Qi
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Institute of Digestive Diseases, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, 17 The West Road, Xi an, Shaanxi Province 710032, China
Pathology 39:470-5. 2007b>TWIST protein has been implicated in neoplastic transformation and development of some cancers. In this study, we aimed to investigate the expression of TWIST in gastric cancer and its clinical significance.
- Mechanism of transcriptional activation by the proto-oncogene Twist1Kristian Bruun Laursen
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Biol Chem 282:34623-33. 2007Mammalian Twist1, a master regulator in development and a key factor in tumorigenesis, is known to repress transcription by several mechanisms and is therefore considered to mediate its function mainly through inhibition...
- Identification of a panel of sensitive and specific DNA methylation markers for lung adenocarcinomaJeffrey A Tsou
Norris Cancer Center and Department of Surgery and of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9176, USA
Mol Cancer 6:70. 2007....
- Up-regulation of Twist induces angiogenesis and correlates with metastasis in hepatocellular carcinomaR F Niu
Central Laboratory of Oncology, Cancer Hospital, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 26:385-94. 2007..The purpose of this study is to examine the expression of Twist, a highly conserved bHLH transcription factor that is known to promote EMT, and evaluate its effect on tumor ..
- Twist promotes tumor cell growth through YB-1 expressionMasaki Shiota
Department of Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Cancer Res 68:98-105. 2008..Here, we show that the E-box-binding transcription factor Twist is overexpressed in cisplatin-resistant cells and that YB-1 is a target gene of Twist...
- Twist and p53 reciprocally regulate target genes via direct interactionM Shiota
Department of Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu, Japan
Oncogene 27:5543-53. 2008b>Twist is basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor that binds to E-boxes in gene promoters. Twist possesses an oncogenic function by interfering with the tumor suppressor function of p53...
- Twist is required for thrombin-induced tumor angiogenesis and growthLiang Hu
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Cancer Res 68:4296-302. 2008b>Twist, a master regulator of embryonic morphogenesis, induces functions that are also required for tumor invasion and metastasis...
- Induction of EMT by twist proteins as a collateral effect of tumor-promoting inactivation of premature senescenceStéphane Ansieau
INSERM, U590, Lyon F 69008, France
Cancer Cell 14:79-89. 2008b>Twist1 and Twist2 are major regulators of embryogenesis. Twist1 has been shown to favor the metastatic dissemination of cancer cells through its ability to induce an epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT)...
- Autoregulation of Th1-mediated inflammation by twist1Uwe Niesner
German Rheumatism Research Center Berlin, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Exp Med 205:1889-901. 2008The basic helix-loop-helix transcriptional repressor twist1, as an antagonist of nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kappaB)-dependent cytokine expression, is involved in the regulation of inflammation-induced immunopathology...
- TWIST-1 is overexpressed in neoplastic choroid plexus epithelial cells and promotes proliferation and invasionMartin Hasselblatt
Institute of Neuropathology and Integrated Functional Genomics, IZKF, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
Cancer Res 69:2219-23. 2009..Up-regulation of TWIST1, WIF1, TRPM3, BCLAF1, and AJAP1, as well as down-regulation of IL6ST was confirmed using quantitative reverse ..
- Twist-1 is a PPARdelta-inducible, negative-feedback regulator of PGC-1alpha in brown fat metabolismDongning Pan
Program in Gene Function and Expression and Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Cell 137:73-86. 2009..Here, we describe a molecular network important for PGC-1alpha function and brown fat metabolism. We find that twist-1 is selectively expressed in adipose tissue, interacts with PGC-1alpha, and is recruited to the promoters of PGC-..
- Characterization of sequences in human TWIST required for nuclear localizationShalini Singh
Department of Physiology, Charles H, Best Institute, University of Toronto, 112 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1L6, Canada
BMC Cell Biol 10:47. 2009b>Twist is a transcription factor that plays an important role in proliferation and tumorigenesis...
- TWIST family of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors mediate human mesenchymal stem cell growth and commitmentSandra Isenmann
Mesenchymal Stem Cell Group, Division of Haematology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science Hanson Institute CSCR, University of Adelaide, SA, Australia
Stem Cells 27:2457-68. 2009The TWIST family of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, Twist-1 and Dermo-1 are known mediators of mesodermal tissue development and contribute to correct patterning of the skeleton...
- Twist: a regulator of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in lung fibrosisVeronika Pozharskaya
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy Immunology, Cystic Fibrosis and Sleep, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7559. 2009..We hypothesize that EMT in this model of virus-induced pulmonary fibrosis is driven by the expression of the transcription factor Twist.
- Twist modulates breast cancer stem cells by transcriptional regulation of CD24 expressionFarhad Vesuna
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Traylor 338, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neoplasia 11:1318-28. 2009..In this study, we demonstrate that the overexpression of Twist in breast cells can promote the generation of a breast cancer stem cell phenotype characterized by the high ..
- TWIST1 hypermethylation is observed frequently in colorectal tumors and its overexpression is associated with unfavorable outcomes in patients with colorectal cancerToshiyuki Okada
Department of Oncology and Laboratory Medicine, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:452-62. 2010Although growing evidence demonstrates that TWIST1 is an interesting tumor biomarker, little is known about the clinical significance of TWIST1 expression and TWIST1 methylation in human primary colorectal cancer...
- Promotion of hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis through matrix metalloproteinase activation by epithelial-mesenchymal transition regulator Twist1Xiu Lan Zhao
Department of Pathology, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
J Cell Mol Med 15:691-700. 2011..As a main regulator of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) mechanism-mediated invasion and metastasis, Twist1 plays an important role through its regulation of E-cadherin expression...
- PKB/AKT phosphorylation of the transcription factor Twist-1 at Ser42 inhibits p53 activity in response to DNA damageA Vichalkovski
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, Basel, Switzerland
Oncogene 29:3554-65. 2010..Here we show that PKB phosphorylates one of the anti-apoptotic proteins--transcription factor Twist-1 at Ser42...
- TWIST1 promotes invasion through mesenchymal change in human glioblastomaSvetlana A Mikheeva
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Cancer 9:194. 2010..We previously showed that the bHLH transcription factor TWIST1 which orchestrates carcinoma metastasis through an epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) is upregulated in GBM ..
- Suppression of Her2/neu expression through ILK inhibition is regulated by a pathway involving TWIST and YB-1J Kalra
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Oncogene 29:6343-56. 2010..ILK inhibition also suppressed TWIST (a regulator of YB-1 expression) protein expression...
- Deregulation of TWIST-1 in the CD34+ compartment represents a novel prognostic factor in chronic myeloid leukemiaErika Cosset
INSERM Unité U590, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon Cedex 08, France
Blood 117:1673-6. 2011..Analysis of patient samples during disease progression revealed the up-regulation of the oncogene TWIST-1, also measured in primary samples from TKI-resistant patients...
- Snail2 is an essential mediator of Twist1-induced epithelial mesenchymal transition and metastasisEsmeralda Casas
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0636, USA
Cancer Res 71:245-54. 2011..A group of transcription factors, including Twist1, Snail1, Snail2, ZEB1, and ZEB2, have been shown to induce epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT), thus promoting ..
- Activation of STAT3 signal pathway correlates with twist and E-cadherin expression in hepatocellular carcinoma and their clinical significanceChuan Hai Zhang
Graduate School of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
J Surg Res 174:120-9. 2012..the expression of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) and its activated form (p-STAT3), Twist, and E-cadherin in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), and explore their correlations with HCC progression and ..
- Functional cooperation between Snail1 and twist in the regulation of ZEB1 expression during epithelial to mesenchymal transitionNatàlia Dave
Programa de Recerca en Càncer, IMIM Hospital del Mar, and Department de Ciències Experimentals i de la Salut, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Biol Chem 286:12024-32. 2011..up-regulation by TGF-β, Snail1 is necessary for the rapid increase in Twist protein and later up-regulation of Twist1 mRNA induced by the cytokine...
- Twist1-induced invadopodia formation promotes tumor metastasisMark A Eckert
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0636, USA
Cancer Cell 19:372-86. 2011The Twist1 transcription factor is known to promote tumor metastasis and induce Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition (EMT)...
- TWIST1 is expressed in colorectal carcinomas and predicts patient survivalIrene Gomez
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro de Majadahonda, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e18023. 2011b>TWIST1 is a transcription factor that belongs to the family of basic helix-loop-helix proteins involved in epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and invasion processes...
- Phosphorylation of serine 68 of Twist1 by MAPKs stabilizes Twist1 protein and promotes breast cancer cell invasivenessJun Hong
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 71:3980-90. 2011b>Twist1, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, promotes breast tumor cell epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT), invasiveness, and metastasis...
- IL-6 stabilizes Twist and enhances tumor cell motility in head and neck cancer cells through activation of casein kinase 2Ying Wen Su
Program in Cancer Biology, The University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19412. 2011..Recently, elevations in serum level of interleukin 6 (IL-6) and expression of Twist in tumor samples were found to be associated with poor clinical outcomes in multiple types of cancer, including ..
- Twist1 is an independent prognostic factor of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and associated with its epithelial-mesenchymal transitionKeun Woo Lee
Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon Dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 19:326-35. 2012b>Twist1 is known to be involved in epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and tumor progression. However, its specific role is different depending on the type of cancer...
- Co-expression of SNAIL and TWIST determines prognosis in estrogen receptor-positive early breast cancer patientsJohanna G H van Nes
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:49-59. 2012..and gain of N-cadherin expression, which are regulated by transcription factors, such as SNAIL, SLUG, and TWIST. We examined the prognostic value of these factors as well as E-cadherin and N-cadherin, in a well-described large ..
- Twist1 is up-regulated in gastric cancer-associated fibroblasts with poor clinical outcomesChang Ohk Sung
Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Pathol 179:1827-38. 2011Stromal fibroblasts perform important roles in cancer development and progression. Overexpression of Twist1, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, is often associated with aggressive behavior in many tumors...
- Activator protein-1 involvement in proliferation inhibition by gene silencing of Twist in gastric cancer cellsGeng Qiu Luo
Department of Pathology, Xiangya Medical School, Central South University, China
Pathology 43:697-701. 2011To study the role of the Twist gene in growth of gastric cancer cell line MKN45 and the possible mechanisms involved.
- Twist contributes to hormone resistance in breast cancer by downregulating estrogen receptor-αF Vesuna
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
Oncogene 31:3223-34. 2012..In this study, we identified the oncogenic protein, TWIST1 (Twist), which is overexpressed in high-grade breast cancers, as a potential negative regulator of ER expression...
- Aberrant expression of the transcriptional factor Twist1 promotes invasiveness in ALK-positive anaplastic large cell lymphomaJingdong Zhang
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta and Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Department of Medical Oncology, The First Hospital of China Medical University, Shen Yang 110001, PR China
Cell Signal 24:852-8. 2012The transcriptional factor Twist1 has been shown to play a key role in regulating epithelial mesenchymal transition, invasiveness and migratory properties in solid tumors...
- Prognostic role of Twist, Slug, and Foxc2 expression in stage I non-small-cell lung cancer after curative resectionWei Jiang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Zhong Shan Hospital, Shanghai Medical School, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Clin Lung Cancer 13:280-7. 2012..The Twist/Slug/Foxc2 coexpression model accurately prognosticated these patients and may be helpful in refining current ..
- Cord blood stem cells revert glioma stem cell EMT by down regulating transcriptional activation of Sox2 and Twist1Kiran Kumar Velpula
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Peoria, Illinois, USA
Oncotarget 2:1028-42. 2011..In this regard, our studies on hGBM tissue grade IV specimens showed significant expression of Twist1 and Sox2, known mesenchymal and stemness related markers, respectively, indicating their association with glial ..
- Regulation of transcription factor Twist expression by the DNA architectural protein high mobility group A2 during epithelial-to-mesenchymal transitionE Jean Tan
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Uppsala SE 751 24, Sweden
J Biol Chem 287:7134-45. 2012..HMGA2 can also induce expression of a second regulator of EMT, the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor Twist. Silencing of endogenous Twist demonstrated that this protein acts in a partially redundant manner together with ..
- Mary Bartlett Bunge; Fiscal Year: 2016..Schwann cells (SCs) are clinically relevant because they can be transplanted into humans autologously;in rats they reduce large cysts ..
- PAULA VIRGINIA MONJE; Fiscal Year: 2014..Work in animal models has consistently shown that SCs reduce the size of the cavities that form after spinal cord injury;promote axon regeneration across the lesion site ..
- Grafting genetically-modified Schwann cells into a clinically-relevant SCI modelCHANDLER WALKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cell transplantation is a promising potential treatment for SCI. Schwann cells (SCs) are the most widely studied and these cells exhibit many benefits following SCI, such as promoting axonal ..
- SCHWANN CELLS, NEUROTROPHINS AND SPINAL CORD REGROWTHXiao Ming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2006..implanted into a spinal hemisection gap when it was delivered either alone or in combination with Schwann cells (SCs); and 4) intrathecal delivery of GDNF demonstrated a protective/regenerative effect on distinct supraspinal axons ..
- Anthony F DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2016..we have recently shown that the expiratory muscles can be electrically activated by spinal cord stimulation (SCS) to restore an effective cough, a method which involves the surgical placement of disc electrodes through ..
- Myocardial Ischemia Remodels the Cardiac Nervous SystemJeffrey L Ardell; Fiscal Year: 2013..This grant exploits the opportunities afforded by electrical neuromodulation via spinal cord stimulation (SCS), a clinical therapy with recognized anti-antiginal properties - a therapeutic approach that has potential for ..
- Inspiratory Muscle Activation via High Frequency Spinal Cord StimulationAnthony F DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2013..muscle activation can be achieved with upper thoracic high frequency (>200 Hz) spinal cord stimulation (HF-SCS). This method entails stimulation of spinal cord tracts which synapse with the inspiratory motoneuron pools...
- Coping Skills Training for Spinal Cord Stimulator PatientsLaura S Porter; Fiscal Year: 2011..The magnitude of psychological distress and disability in these patients is immeasurable. Spinal cord stimulator (SCS) implantation surgery represents an important advance in the treatment of patients suffering from CLBP...
- Contribution of c-Jun N-terminal kinase activity to vestibular schwannoma growthMarlan R Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Vestibular schwannomas (VSs) develop from the Schwann cells (SCs) of the vestibular nerve...
- Identification of Novel Drug Targets For Use in Preventing Deafness Caused by NF2CRISTINA MARIA FERNANDEZ-VALLE; Fiscal Year: 2013..and cellular function in normal rat Schwann cells, 2) establish an in vitro model for NF2 using nf2ex2deleted mouse SCs to determine if inactivation of schwannomin/merlin leads to de-regulation of LIMK and cofilin activity and loss of ..
- Caveolin-1 and Altered Neuregulinism in Diabetic NeuropathyRick T Dobrowsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..of diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) is complex and involves the degeneration of both neurons and Schwann cells (SCs)...
- Wesley J Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have now generated mice that express a photoswitchable fluorescent protein in their SCs. This allows the visualization, marking and examination of individual cells...
- Regulation of Runx2 Function by Twist-1 in Tooth DevelopmentRENA D SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2009..The nuclear protein Twist-1 is of particular interest as a regulatory protein partner for Runx2...
- Shelly Elese Sakiyama-Elbert; Fiscal Year: 2016..administration of GDNF as a therapeutic intervention for peripheral nerve injury and its effects on Schwann cells (SCs) are unknown...
- Martin J Pinter; Fiscal Year: 2014..In preliminary work, we found that TSCs and pre-terminal Schwann cells (SCs) in SOD1 mice rapidly disappear from denervated NMJs whereas wildtype (WT) TSCs remain at denervated NMJs and help ..
- NERVE ALLOTRANSPLANTATION FOR TRAUMATIC NERVE INJURYSusan E Mackinnon; Fiscal Year: 2012..ANAs do not contain Schwann cells (SCs) and therefore depend on proliferation of host SCs into the graft to support axonal regeneration...
- Jianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2016..The steroid receptor coactivator 1 (SRC-1) is a newly identified Meta gene and it promotes Twist expression to enhance BC cell epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and lung Meta...
- Elaine Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2016..understand how adult skin maintains and transcriptionally regulates a pool of stem cells in the hair follicle (HF-SCs) that drive new growth during the hair cycle and repair the epidermis upon injury...
- Dopaminergic variants involved in smoking behavior: A perfusion fMRI studyTeresa R Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2010..is theorized that two major factors contribute to continued smoking and relapse: craving elicited by smoking cues (SCs) and craving elicited by nicotine withdrawal (WD). We have demonstrated that SC vs...
- Teresa R Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2016..Two major factors contribute to continued smoking and relapse: craving elicited by smoking cues (SCs) and craving elicited by nicotine withdrawal (WD)...
- Gene regulation in metastasis and new methods to analyze its microarray profilesZhengdong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, I propose to identify the DNA-binding sites of two key regulators of tumor metastasis (Twist and Snail) in both normal murine embryonic cells and four murine isogenic mammary carcinoma cell lines (67NR, ..
- Gene regulation in metastasis and new methods to analyze its microarray profilesZhengdong D Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specifically, I propose to identify the DNA-binding sites of two key regulators of tumor metastasis (Twist and Snail) in both normal murine embryonic cells and four murine isogenic mammary carcinoma cell lines (67NR, ..
- Teresa R Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2014..Two major factors contribute to continued smoking and relapse: craving elicited by smoking cues (SCs), and craving elicited by nicotine withdrawal (WD)...
- Molecular Dynamics Study of Nucleosome Stability and Receptor BindingTHOMAS CONNOR BISHOP; Fiscal Year: 2010..stiffnesses there will be a sinusoidal variation in bending such that bends in the softer direction vary with the twist in the fiber...
- ALFREDO ANDRES CELEDON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Here, we propose the development of microarrays based on Twist-Biosensor technology to dramatically improve and simplify detection of biomarkers in body fluids for cancer ..
- BRETT HARRISON GRAHAM; Fiscal Year: 2016..Deficiency of ADP-specific succinyl-CoA synthetase (SCS), a component of the TCA cycle, has been identified as one of the causes of mitochondrial myopathy with mtDNA ..
- John J Laterra; Fiscal Year: 2016..These neoplastic stem-like cells (GBM SCs) are distinguishable from the majority of tumor cells by their relative resistance to DNA damaging agents, and ..
- Twist-Biosensor: Novel single molecule microarray technology for DNA genotypingALFREDO ANDRES CELEDON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, we propose the development of rapid and multiplex pharmacogenetic tests based on Twist-Biosensor technology...
- Role of IKK in NSCLC: Modulation of SMRT and NF-kappaBMarty W Mayo; Fiscal Year: 2012..The induction of EMT stimulates the expression of master-switch transcription factors, including Twist, and increases the expression of the polycomb repressive complex (PRC) proteins, which are critical for initiation ..
- Human hepatocytes for drug toxicity screening from Cardiac Death Donor liversMark G Clemens; Fiscal Year: 2012..29%) and yield 4-fold (3.34 vs. 0.69 x 106 live cells/gliver) after 24hr SCS and 5 hrs HMP when compared to 24hr SCS alone...
- Jihe Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will also evaluate role for other EMT regulators such as Snails, ZEBs and Twist in the regulation of metastasis by KLF8...
- Spinal Cord Stimulation to Restore Cough In HumansAnthony DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2007..indicate that a major portion of the expiratory muscles can be activated by lower thoracic spinal cord stimulation (SCS)...
- MICAH TAUBE WEBSTER; Fiscal Year: 2015..Based on these findings, c-Met likely plays a role in adult muscle stem cells, i.e. satellite cells (SCs), during injury induced skeletal muscle regeneration. In uninjured muscle, quiescent SCs express c-Met...
- LAURA ELIZABETH MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2015..Deletion of these genes individually or in tandem affect the bacteria's curvature and twist through alterations in peptidoglycan (PG) cross-linking17, resulting in distinc non-helical rod shapes (i.e...
- Mechanisms of MMP-Induced Malignancy in Breast CellsDerek C Radisky; Fiscal Year: 2011..target of MMPs that stimulates the development of ROS, (2) to determine roles of transcription factors Snail and Twist in MMP/ROS-induction of EMT, and (3) to define how MMP/ROS stimulate genomic instability...
- EXPIRATORY MUSCLE ACTIVATION TO PRODUCE COUGHAnthony DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2003..In recent animal studies, we have demonstrated that lower thoracic spinal cord stimulation (SCS) and magnetic stimulation (MS) results in the generation of large increases in airway pressure and high peak flow ..
- Elaine Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Stem cells (SCs) are natural units of tissue repair and homeostasis. Their versatility holds promise for tissue regeneration, particularly for less controversial adult SCs...
- Jason G Cyster; Fiscal Year: 2016..Key findings pertinent to the current proposal have been: identification of lymph node subcapsular sinus (SCS) macrophages as a site of B cell encounter with opsonized antigen;demonstration that B cells function as antigen ..
- Michael L Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using a combination of candidate gene resequencing and comparative genome hybridization TWIST1 loss-of-function mutations and IGF1R and RUNX2 gain-of-function mutations have been identified...
- Cytoskeletal Pliability within Cells under Stress: RBCs and Marrow-derived SCsDennis E Discher; Fiscal Year: 2012..New therapeutic strategies that could benefit more broadly include exon skipping strategies that are presently being applied to the spectrin family protein dystrophin [Goyenvalle Science 2006]. ..
- A novel function of TIMP-1Hyeong Reh Choi Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..CD63 induces an epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) via upregulation of the EMT master transcription factor Twist, known to promote cancer progression...
- Subhra Mohapatra; Fiscal Year: 2014..that utilizes specially engineered chitosan theranostic nanoparticles (CTNs) and uses lung-targeting Sertoli cells (SCs) to deliver nanoparticles carrying a cancer cell detecting moiety and a gene or drug to effectively treat lung ..
- Simon T Alford; Fiscal Year: 2014..This reduces the peak synaptic concentration of neurotransmitter, adding a complex twist to the method by which GPCRs alter synaptic function...
- NFkB Targets and Neural Crest DevelopmentMICHAEL WILLIAM KLYMKOWSKY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using the clawed frog Xenopus as a model system, we found that NFKB regulates the levels of twist, snai/1, and snai/2(slug) RNA levels...
- Chemical Biodiversity: Investigating the Phylogeny and Functional Toxins of VenomMANDE N HOLFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..In a scientific twist of nature, the venoms from Toxoglossate mollusks are beginning to out shine the exterior beauty of the shells...
- A Middle Ear Twist: Imaging, Physiology & BiomechanicsRYAN PATRICK JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..This may be particularly important for post-surgical HF hearing preservation. ..
- Anthony B Firulli; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Hand1, Hand2, and Twist1 are members of the Twist class of Basic Helix-Loop-Helix (bHLH) proteins, which are expressed within the heart, branchial arches, lateral mesoderm and developing limb buds...
- Jau Yi Li; Fiscal Year: 2015..receptor (PPR or PTH-1R), which is expressed on osteoblasts (OBs), osteocytes and bone marrow (BM) stromal cells (SCs). T Lymphocytes also express PPR, respond to PTH, and stimulate OB differentiation...
- Siddhartha Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2016..Yes-1 was also downregulated in cycling AML-SCs created by misexpression of human MLL-AF9, and forced expression of Yes-1 inhibited proliferation of leukemia cells...
- Allogeneic Placental Stem Cells for Tissue Repair and RegenerationVijay Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Amnion, chorion, and umbilical cord matrix stem cells (UCM-SCs) all demonstrate immunosuppressive effects similar to bone marrow derived MSC, indicating that allogeneic ..
- OVARIECTOMY UPREGULATES BONE TURNOVER THROUGH T CELL-STROMAL CROSSTALKRoberto Pacifici; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary data demonstrate that T cells stimulate proliferation and survival of stromal cells (SCs), increase the capacity of SCs to support OC formation, increase SC production of osteoclastogenic cytokines, and ..
- MPZL3, a novel putative adhesion protein, in keratinocyte stem cell maintenanceTongyu Cao Wikramanayake; Fiscal Year: 2012..Within the HFs, the SCs residing in the bulge region are responsible for the cyclic growth of the HF, as well as epidermal wound healing...
- A MARIO Q MARCONDES; Fiscal Year: 2014..Preliminary data show that the transcription factors, DJ-1 and TWIST, both of which interfere with p53 function, are upregulated in HPC from advanced MDS...
- Scheffer Cg Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The stem cells (SCs) of the corneal epithelium located in the limbal basal layer are the ultimate source of maintaining corneal epithelial homeostasis...
- Roles of SRC-3 in Development and DiseaseJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..for prostate epithelial homeostasis and our preliminary studies, we hypothesize that SRC3 is expressed in the basal SCs, intermediate cells (IMCs) and cancer stem cells (CSCs);SRC3 silencing is required for ELEC differentiation;and ..
- Archiving Datasets of the Brain &Aging Research ProgramPerminder S Sachdev; Fiscal Year: 2012..3. The Sydney Centenarian Study (SCS): a study of individuals aged 95+ years of age which began in 2008 and collects information from its participants ..
- Investigating the molecular and mechanical regulation of pulsed actomyosin contraADAM CHRISTOPHER MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pulsed contractions are regulated by the transcription factors Twist and Snail, whose human homologues play important roles in cancer cell metastasis...
- CHRISTOPHER PAUL LANDRIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..randomized crossover trial in six pediatric ICUs to compare the safety of a sleep and circadian science-based (SCS) intervention schedule with a traditional schedule that includes frequent shifts of 24 or more hours...
- NINA REDA SALAMA; Fiscal Year: 2016..of four cell shape determining genes (csd1, csd2, csd3, ccmA) that promote helical cell curvature and twist through changes in cell wall peptidoglycan (PG) crosslinking and are required for efficient stomach colonization...
- Epigenetic changes predict disease course of HPV-related lesions in women 16-24NANCY B contact KIVIAT; Fiscal Year: 2010..testing to determine whether changes in methylation status and/or the pattern of chromatin marks associated with TWIST1, DAPK1, IGSF4, PAX1, TIMP3 and TFPI2 occur over time, and further, whether such changes are associated with ..
- Cranial suture formation in the zebrafishShannon Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2012..In particular, the fact that haploinsufficiency for TWIST1 leads to craniosynostosis, and for the transcription factor RUNX2 to delayed and incomplete suture closure, ..
- Stem cells from the intervertebral disc: do they vary in degeneration?Zulma Gazit; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the proposed research program, we focus on the comparison between stem cells (SCs) residing in the nucleus pulposus from healthy and degenerated intervertebral discs...
- STEPHANIE ANN FURRER BUCKS; Fiscal Year: 2014..Most studies suggest that supporting cells (SCs) directly convert into HCs after HC loss, and very few, if any, HCs are born directly from SC division...
- CHRISTOPHER MANUEL GOMEZ; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The slow channel syndrome (SCS) is a disorder congenital and progressive weakness due to mutations in the muscle acetylcholine receptor (AChR) that cause Ca2+ overload and degeneration of the ..
- Studies of the Roles of Twist1 and E12 in Tooth MorphogenesisYongbo Lu; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Twist1 and Twist2 belong to the evolutionarily conserved Twist family of basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription ..
- METALLOENZYME SYNTHESIS, STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONWilliam Konigsberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..Three classes of zinc complex (zinc finger, zinc twist and zinc cluster) found in Zn-containing transcription factors are defined based on structural data available on ..
- EXCITOTOXIN EFFECTS ON SPINAL CORD IN VITROJOHN DELFS; Fiscal Year: 1992..defined neurons can be examined in organotypic roller tube cultures of postnatal rat spinal cord (OTC-SCs)...
- Investigating the molecular and mechanical regulation of pulsed actomyosin contraADAM CHRISTOPHER MARTIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Pulsed contractions are regulated by the transcription factors Twist and Snail, whose human homologues play important roles in cancer cell metastasis...
- The Role of Twist in Craniofacial DevelopmentDOUGLAS SPICER; Fiscal Year: 2005..disorder of craniosynostosis is Saethre-Chotzen syndrome, which is associated with null mutations within the Twist gene. Others and we have characterized Twist as a negative regulator of muscle and bone differentiation...
- CRANIOFACIAL DEVELOPMENTAL MOLECULAR BIOLOGYCharles Shuler; Fiscal Year: 2003..Larry Kedes) "Co-Activators and Repressors of Muscle Transcription," will investigate the activity of Twist, p300/CBP and PCAF during the differentiation of muscle cells. Project 3 (Dr...
- Regulation of Mandibular Condylar Cartialage GrowthRobert Hinton; Fiscal Year: 2006..aims: 1) In explant culture, establish localization of downstream mediators of Fgf-2 and Tgf-Beta2 activity (Twist and Dachl) in MCC, cranial suture (SUT), and the primary cartilage of the sphenooccipital synchondrosis (SOS)...
- Race-Specific Occupational Risk Factors for CancerNATHANIEL BRIGGS; Fiscal Year: 2004..To address this information gap, the proposed project will use secondary data from the Selected Cancers Study (SCS) to investigate race-specific occupational risk factors for non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), Hodgkin disease (HD), and ..
- DORSAL SPINAL CORD STIMULATION--VASODILATOR MECHANISMSRobert Foreman; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the applicant's abstract): Electrical stimulation of the dorsal spinal cord (SCS) is used to provide pain relief in patients with peripheral vascular disease (PVD)...
- EXPRESSION & FUNCTION OF HOMEOBOX GENESRobert Maxson; Fiscal Year: 2006..From human genetics and directed mutagenesis in the mouse, FGF receptors 1-3, Twist, Msx2, and Alx4 have emerged as key regulators of skull morphogenesis...