Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TTF1
Description: transcription termination factor 1
Alias: TTF-1, TTF-I, transcription termination factor 1, transcription termination factor, RNA polymerase I
Publications159 found, 100 shown here
- Nuclear factor of activated T cells regulates transcription of the surfactant protein D gene (Sftpd) via direct interaction with thyroid transcription factor-1 in lung epithelial cellsVrushank Dave
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 279:34578-88. 2004..Components of the calcineurin/NFAT pathway were identified in respiratory epithelial cells of the lung that potentially augment rapid assembly of a multiprotein transcription complex on Sftpd promoter inducing SP-D expression...
- TTF-1 mRNA-positive circulating tumor cells in the peripheral blood predict poor prognosis in surgically resected non-small cell lung cancer patientsSun Och Yoon
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 71:209-16. 2011....
- The mitotically phosphorylated form of the transcription termination factor TTF-1 is associated with the repressed rDNA transcription machineryV Sirri
Institut Jacques Monod, UMR 7592, Paris, France
J Cell Sci 112:3259-68. 1999..The reorganization of the mitotic rDNA promoter might be induced by phosphorylation of certain components of the rDNA transcription machinery and participate in silencing of rDNA during mitosis...
- NoRC--a novel member of mammalian ISWI-containing chromatin remodeling machinesR Strohner
Division of Molecular Biology of the Cell II, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, D 69120 Heidelberg and Adolf Butenandt Institut, Schillerstrasse 44, D 80336 MUnchen, Germany
EMBO J 20:4892-900. 2001..The results suggest that NoRC is a novel nucleolar chromatin remodeling machine that may serve a role in the regulation of the rDNA locus...
- The ARF tumor suppressor controls ribosome biogenesis by regulating the RNA polymerase I transcription factor TTF-IFrédéric Lessard
Cancer Research Centre, Department of Molecular Biology, Medical Biochemistry, and Pathology of Laval University, CHUQ Research Centre, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell 38:539-50. 2010..Thus, our data delineate the pathway by which ARF regulates ribosomal RNA synthesis and provide a compelling explanation for the role of NPM...
- High incidence of EGFR mutations in Korean men smokers with no intratumoral heterogeneity of lung adenocarcinomas: correlation with histologic subtypes, EGFR/TTF-1 expressions, and clinical featuresPing Li Sun
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seongnam, Republic of Korea
J Thorac Oncol 7:323-30. 2012..This study was aimed to characterize the frequency of EGFR mutations and their association with histologic subtypes in Korean nonsmall cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients...
- Mapping of the CYP1A1, SSTR1 and TTF1 genes to pig chromosome 7q refines the porcine-human comparative mapS Marklund
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
Anim Genet 31:318-21. 2000The cytochrome P-450, subfamily I, polypeptide 1 (CYP1A1), somatostatin receptor 1 (SSTR1) and transcription termination factor 1 (TTF1) genes, predicted to reside on SSC7q based on chromosome painting studies, were selected for genetic ..
- Impaired alveolar epithelial cell differentiation in the hypoplastic lung in nitrofen-induced congenital diaphragmatic herniaHajime Takayasu
Children s Research Centre, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, University College Dublin, Dublin 12, Ireland
Pediatr Surg Int 23:405-10. 2007..Immunohistochemical studies were performed to evaluate the protein expression level of ICAM1 and Ttf1. Expression levels of ICAM-1, T1alpha and AQP5 were significantly reduced (P < 0...
- Primary cutaneous neuroendocrine cell carcinoma (Merkel cell carcinoma) with prominent microcystic features, mimicking eccrine carcinomaNing Li
Department of Pathology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:410-4. 2007..disease fluid protein-15 (GCDFP-15), estrogen/progesterone receptors (ER/PR), thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)...
- Teratogen responsive signaling pathways in organogenesis stage mouse limbsChunwei Huang
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
Reprod Toxicol 27:103-10. 2009..effectors and modulators, Bmpr1b and Pea15, and oncogenes and tumor suppressors, Hras1, Abl1, Smad1, and Ttf1. Thus, teratogen exposure triggers both developmentally specific signaling pathways and a general damage response...
- Deletion of PAX9 and oligodontia: a third family and review of the literatureAndrea Guala
SOC Pediatria, Ospedale Castelli, Verbania, Italy
Int J Paediatr Dent 18:441-5. 2008This study was conducted to report a family affected by benign hereditary chorea in which a large deletion including TTF1, PAX9, and other genes was identified and results in oligodontia.
- Positive thyroid transcription factor 1 staining strongly correlates with survival of patients with adenocarcinoma of the lungF Barlesi
Faculty of Medicine Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Marseille, Department of Thoracic Oncology, Fédération des Maladies Respiratoires, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Br J Cancer 93:450-2. 2005This study investigated the relation between positive thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) staining and survival of patients affected by primary adenocarcinoma (ADC) of the lung...
- Cdx2, cytokeratin 20, thyroid transcription factor 1, and prostate-specific antigen expression in unusual subtypes of prostate cancerKatia Ramos Moreira Leite
Laboratory of Surgical and Molecular Pathology, Hospital Sirio Libanes, São Paulo 01308 050, Brazil
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:260-6. 2008..Our aim is to study the profile of expression of Cdx2, thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1), and cytokeratin 20 (CK20) in prostate cancer with unusual histologic finding...
- Fgf10 dosage is critical for the amplification of epithelial cell progenitors and for the formation of multiple mesenchymal lineages during lung developmentSuresh K Ramasamy
Developmental Biology Program, Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Dev Biol 307:237-47. 2007..Epithelial differentiation and proliferation studies indicate a specific decrease in TTF1 and SP-B expressing cells correlating with reduced epithelial cell proliferation and associated with a decrease in ..
- FGF10 maintains distal lung bud epithelium and excessive signaling leads to progenitor state arrest, distalization, and goblet cell metaplasiaPia Nyeng
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Lerner Research Institute, Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland Ohio, USA
BMC Dev Biol 8:2. 2008..Previous studies have shown that this requirement for Fgf10 is due in part to its role as a chemotactic factor during branching morphogenesis. In other endodermal organs Fgf10 also plays a role in regulating differentiation...
- Common variants on 9q22.33 and 14q13.3 predispose to thyroid cancer in European populationsJulius Gudmundsson
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 41:460-4. 2009..3 (OR = 1.37; P = 2.0 x 10(-9)). The gene nearest to the 9q22.33 locus is FOXE1 (TTF2) and NKX2-1 (TTF1) is among the genes located at the 14q13.3 locus...
- Thyroid carcinoma with papillary and squamous features: report of a case with histogenetic considerationsTh Rausch
Institute of Pathology CHUV and University of Lausanne, CH 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Pathol Res Pract 206:263-9. 2010..the immunophenotype, and the genotype, especially of the malignant squamous component with partial expression of TTF1, marked expression of p63 and mutation of BRAF, were consistent with the diagnosis of a papillary thyroid carcinoma ..
- Retinoic acid selectively regulates Fgf10 expression and maintains cell identity in the prospective lung field of the developing foregutTushar J Desai
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Dev Biol 273:402-15. 2004..maintain lung cell identity in the endoderm; RAR antagonism disrupts expression of thyroid transcription factor 1 (Ttf1), an early marker of the respiratory region in the endoderm, and surfactant protein C (Sp-C) mRNAs...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of thyroid-specific transcription factors in thyroid tumorsPing Zhang
Department of Pathology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Pathol Int 56:240-5. 2006Thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1), thyroid transcription factor 2 (TTF2) and paired box gene 8 (Pax8) are demonstrated to play a crucial role for the differentiation and organogenesis of thyroid follicular cells...
- Intrahepatic clear cell cholangiocarcinoma: immunohistochemical aspects in a very rare type of cholangiocarcinomaSusanne Haas
Institute of Pathology, Medical Faculty of the University of Bonn, FRG
Am J Surg Pathol 31:902-6. 2007..of the kidney, gastrointestinal tract, and the thyroid gland were excluded by absence of CK20, CD10, HepPar1, and TTF1. No mucin could be detected within the cytoplasm of the clear cells...
- Human amniotic fluid stem cells can integrate and differentiate into epithelial lung lineagesGianni Carraro
Developmental Biology, Regenerative Medicine and Surgery Program, Saban Research Institute, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine and School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Stem Cells 26:2902-11. 2008..integrate into the epithelium and express the early human differentiation marker thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1)...
- Immunophenotypical categorization of omental and liver metastatic tumours in Lagos, NigeriaF B Abdulkareem
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, P M B 12003, Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria
Nig Q J Hosp Med 18:198-201. 2008..This study was aimed at evaluating the use of immunohistochemistry in differential diagnosis of omental and liver metastases...
- Management of metastatic renal cell carcinoma in the era of targeted therapiesK Webber
Department of Medical Oncology, Prince of Wales Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Intern Med J 41:594-605. 2011..Therapeutic targeting of molecular pathways for tumour angiogenesis and other specific activation mechanisms offers improved tumour response and prolonged survival...
- TTF1-induced apoptosis of HepG-2 cells through a mitochondrial pathwayYan Li
Basic Medical College, Yanbian University, Yanji, Jilin 133000, PR China
Oncol Rep 26:651-7. 2011..We studied the mechanism by which 5, 2', 4'-trihydroxy-6,7, 5'-trimethoxyflavone (TTF1) isolated from acetic ether extracts of Sorbaria sorbifolia induces apoptosis in HepG-2 cells...
- Significance of thymidylate synthase and thyroid transcription factor 1 expression in patients with nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer treated with pemetrexed-based chemotherapyJong Mu Sun
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Thorac Oncol 6:1392-9. 2011This study is to evaluate whether thymidylate synthase (TS) or thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) protein expression can predict clinical outcomes for pemetrexed-based chemotherapy in patients with nonsquamous non-small cell lung ..
- Transcription of the human EAP1 gene is regulated by upstream components of a puberty-controlling Tumor Suppressor Gene networkJohanna K Mueller
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Mol Cell Endocrinol 351:184-98. 2012..These regulators include Thyroid Transcription Factor 1 (TTF1), Yin Yang 1 (YY1), and CUX1, in addition to EAP1 itself...
- Expression of thyroid transcription factor-1 in normal endometrium is associated with risk of endometrial cancer developmentPeggy S Sullivan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
Mod Pathol 25:1140-8. 2012..TTF-1 expression in normal endometrium could potentially provide clinically useful information as a biomarker for the risk of endometrial cancer...
- Ciliated adenocarcinomas of the lung: a tumor of non-terminal respiratory unit originWon Young Park
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Yangsan, Korea
Mod Pathol 25:1265-74. 2012..b>TTF1 immunostaining was consistently negative...
- Neuroepithelial body microenvironment is a niche for a distinct subset of Clara-like precursors in the developing airwaysArjun Guha
Pulmonary Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:12592-7. 2012..Notch1 activation, and also that in vitro Notch signaling together with the pan-airway transcription factor Ttf1 (Nkx2.1) synergistically regulate secretoglobin gene transcription...
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma -- analysis of risk factors and immunological markersI Anghel
ENT Department, Coltea Clinical Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Chirurgia (Bucur) 107:640-5. 2012....
- Multiple gingival metastasis of adenocarcinoma of the lungS M Ravi Prakash
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Kothiwal Dental College and Research Centre, Moradabad, India
Indian J Dent Res 23:558-9. 2012..the lesions was consistent with the diagnosis, and the immunohistochemical analysis was positive for cytokeratin 7, carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), thyroid transforming factor 1 (TTF1), and negative for vimentin and cytokeratin 20 (CK20).
- ΔNp63 (p40) distribution inside lung cancer: a driver biomarker approach to tumor characterizationGiuseppe Pelosi
Dipartimento di Patologia Diagnostica e Laboratorio, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori e Università degli Studi, Via G Venezian, 1, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Int J Surg Pathol 21:229-39. 2013..diagnosed by morphology and verified by immunohistochemistry for p40, p63, and thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1)...
- EGFR and TTF-1 gene amplification in surgically resected lung adenocarcinomas: clinicopathologic significance and effect on response to EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitors in recurred casesJae Seok Lee
Department of Pathology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 20:3015-22. 2013..In this study we investigated the clinicopathologic characteristics associated with EGFR or TTF-1 amplification in lung adenocarcinomas and its prognostic significance...
- Squamous cell lung carcinoma presenting with erythema annulare centrifugumAyca Alan Atalay
Ayca Alan Atalay, MD, Department of Dermatology and Venereology, GATA Haydarpasa Teaching Hospital, Tibbiye Caddesi, Uskudar, Istanbul, 34668, Turkey
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 21:52-8. 2013..of the lung biopsy obtained during bronchoscopy, which stained positive for P63 and negative for CYT7-20, CEA, TTF1, and MUC31...
- A mutation in TTF1/NKX2.1 is associated with familial neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia of infancyLisa R Young
Chest 144:1199-206. 2013....
- In search of the ideal immunopanel to distinguish metastatic mammary carcinoma from primary lung carcinoma: a tissue microarray study of 207 casesKathy R Kawaguchi
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Public Health, Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 22:266-74. 2014..Immunostains CK7, CK20, ER, PR, and Mammaglobin as well as pertinent negative stains are utilized but prove insufficient. We set out to identify stains either alone or as a group that would better discern between these 2 entities...
- Well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumor and osteoporosis: incidental findings?Catalina Poiana
Constantin I Parhon National Institute of Endocrinology, Bucharest, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 54:1169-71. 2013..The immunohistochemistry pointed positive reaction for CHROMO, SYN and negative for CK7 and TTF1, and a Ki67 of 1-2% (well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumor)...
- Combined high-grade neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung: clinicopathological and immunohistochemical study of 34 surgically resected casesKenji Yamada
Department of Pathology and Clinical Laboratory, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Pathol Int 64:28-33. 2014..of combined HGNEC and AD, the incidence of positivity of thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1) (8G7G3/1) and TTF1 (SPT24) were 64% and 91%, respectively...
- Opposing role of Notch1 and Notch2 in a Kras(G12D)-driven murine non-small cell lung cancer modelA Baumgart
Department of Internal Medicine III, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Oncogene 34:578-88. 2015..of Notch2-deficient tumors revealed an undifferentiated phenotype as determined by their morphology, E-Cadherin and TTF1 expression levels...
- Evaluation of the microvessel density and the expression of metalloproteases 2 and 9 and ttf1 in the different subtypes of lung adenocarcinoma in Tunisia: a retrospective study of 46 casesMona Mlika
a Department of Pathology, Abderrahman Mami Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
J Immunoassay Immunochem 36:111-8. 2015..relevance of microvessel density (MVD) and the expression of metalloproteases and thyroid tyrosine factor 1 (TTF1) in different cancers, we tried to compare these parameters in the different subtypes of lung adenocarcinomas...
- mTOR Inhibition promotes TTF1-dependent redifferentiation and restores iodine uptake in thyroid carcinoma cell linesTheo S Plantinga
Departments of Internal Medicine T S P, B H, M G N, L A B J, A R M M H, J W A S, R T N M and Nuclear Medicine D G, W J G O, O C B and Division of Endocrinology T S P, A R M M H, J W A S, R T N M, Radboud University Medical Center, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands and Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism R E S, B R H, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E1368-75. 2014..Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) is a key regulator of cell fate affecting survival and differentiation, with autophagy and inflammation as prominent downstream pathways...
- The utility of a novel triple marker (combination of TTF1, napsin A, and p40) in the subclassification of non-small cell lung cancerMing Hui Ao
The Department of Pathology The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore MD 21224, USA
Hum Pathol 45:926-34. 2014..In this study, we investigated the utility of a newly developed triple marker (combination of TTF1/Napsin A/p40) and compared the sensitivity and specificity of this novel marker with individual markers in the ..
- Antigenic phenotype of lung carcinomas: usual spectrum of distribution of thyroid transcription factor-1, cytokeratin 7, cytokeratin 20, and neuron specific enolase--basic immunohistochemical study of 21 casesMarko Kostovski
Medical Faculty, Ss Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, R Macedonia
Pril (Makedon Akad Nauk Umet Odd Med Nauki) 35:199-207. 2014..antibodies (Cytokeratin 7, CK7; Cytokeratin 20, CK20; Neuron specific enolase, NSE, Thyroid transcription factor-1, TTF1 and Leucocyte common antigen, LCA). LCA expression was not expressed in any of our cases...
- Analysis of clinical characteristics and differential diagnosis of the lung biopsy specimens in 99 adenocarcinoma cases and 111 squamous cell carcinoma cases: utility of an immunohistochemical panel containing CK5/6, CK34βE12, p63, CK7 and TTF-1Xiao Yan Xu
Department of Pathology, People s Hospital of Zhengzhou Attached to Southern Medical University, Zhengzhou, PR China
Pathol Res Pract 210:680-5. 2014..Multivariate analysis showed that TTF-1 expression (HR=0.340, 95% CI 0.143-0.811, p=0.015) was a good independent predictor of Ad patient survival...
- Expression of cadherin 17 in well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumoursAnthony N Snow
Department of Pathology, Rhode Island Hospital and Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
Histopathology 66:1010-21. 2015..WDNETs) from various primary sites, representing the foregut, midgut, and hindgut, and tumours metastasizing to the liver, and to correlate the differences between the expression of CDH17, CDX2, and thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1).
- An Integrated Molecular Analysis of Lung Adenocarcinomas Identifies Potential Therapeutic Targets among TTF1-Negative Tumors, Including DNA Repair Proteins and Nrf2Robert J G Cardnell
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
Clin Cancer Res 21:3480-91. 2015Thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF1) immunohistochemistry (IHC) is used clinically to differentiate primary lung adenocarcinomas (LUAD) from squamous lung cancers and metastatic adenocarcinomas from other primary sites...
- Dysregulation of clathrin promotes thyroid cell growth and contributes to multinodular goiter pathogenesisSin Ting Lau
Department of Surgery, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Biochim Biophys Acta 1852:1676-86. 2015..The overexpression of A339V TTF1 significantly promoted hormone-independent growth of the normal thyroid cells, representing a cause of MNG and/or ..
- [Large cell carcinoma, lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma, NUT carcinoma]Marie Christine Copin
Institut de Pathologie, CHRU de Lille, Universite de Lille, CS 70001, 59037 Lille Cedex, France Electronic address
Ann Pathol 36:24-33. 2016..signs of glandular, squamous or neuroendocrine differentiation and exhibiting a null or unclear phenotype (TTF1-/p40 ou p63 ou CK5/6+ focally)...
- [Strategy for molecular testing in pulmonary carcinoma]Frederique Penault-Llorca
Departement de Pathologie, Centre Jean Perrin, 58, rue Montalembert, 63011 Clermont Ferrand, France Electronic address
Ann Pathol 36:73-9. 2016..for small biopsy and cytology, defining categories such as non-small cell carcinoma (NSCC), favor adenocarcinoma (TTF1 positive), or favor squamous cell carcinoma (p40 positive)...
- Diagnostic value of thyroid transcription factor-1 for pleural or other serous metastases of pulmonary adenocarcinoma: a meta-analysisYongchun Shen
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University and Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, Chengdu 610041, China
Sci Rep 6:19785. 2016..These results justify larger, more rigorous studies to confirm such a diagnostic role. ..
- An Analysis of EGFR Mutations among 1506 Cases of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients in Guangxi, ChinaWen E Wei
Department of Research, Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, China
PLoS ONE 11:e0168795. 2016..Up to now, there are only very limited data on the association of TTF1/EGFR protein positivity and EGFR mutation status in NSCLC...
- Significance of thymidylate synthase and thyroid transcription factor 1 expression in patients with nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer treated with pemetrexed-based chemotherapyJ Sun
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea
J Clin Oncol 29:7579. 20117579 Background: To evaluate whether thymidylate synthase (TS) or thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) protein expression can predict clinical outcome for pemetrexed-based chemotherapy in patients with nonsquamous non-small cell lung ..
- Use of negative thyroid transcription factor (TTF-1) status to predict for negative epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutations (Mts) status with a high negative predictive value (NPV) in patients (pts) with adenocarcinomas (AC) of the lungN Somaiah
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA Hollings Cancer Center Medical Unit, Charleston, SC Response Genetics, Inc, Los Angeles, CA Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC Response Genetics, Inc, Los Angeles, CA
J Clin Oncol 29:7530. 2011..EGFR Mts are present in 10-15% of unselected pts with AC. High TTF1 expression and EGFR Mts are associated with female sex, never-smoking status and longer survival...
- SMARCA4 and SMARCA2 deficiency in non-small cell lung cancer: immunohistochemical survey of 316 consecutive specimensEsther Herpel
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Diagn Pathol 26:47-51. 2017..Of 15 ADCAs with loss of either or both markers, 12 (80%) were TTF1 negative. In conclusion, SMARCA4 and SMARCA2 deficiency is observed in 5.1% and 4.8% of NSCLC, respectively...
- Follicular cells of the thyroid gland require Pax8 gene functionA Mansouri
MPI of Biophysical Chemistry, Dept of Molecular Cell Biology, Gottingen, Germany
Nat Genet 19:87-90. 1998..Mice lacking the transcription factor Ttf1 lack both cell types and thus are unable to develop a thyroid gland...
- The transcription factor GATA6 is essential for branching morphogenesis and epithelial cell differentiation during fetal pulmonary developmentR Keijzer
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Development 128:503-11. 2001..Blocking or depleting GATA6 function results in diminished branching morphogenesis both in vitro and in vivo. TTF1 expression is unaltered in chimeric lungs whereas SPC and CC10 expression are attenuated in abnormally branched ..
- Hypothyroidism in thyroid transcription factor 1 haploinsufficiency is caused by reduced expression of the thyroid-stimulating hormone receptorLars C Moeller
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:2295-302. 2003Humans expressing one allele of the thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) gene have neurological symptoms and increased serum TSH with variable degrees of hypothyroidism...
- Anatomical and molecular reinvestigation of lamprey endostyle development provides new insight into thyroid gland evolutionBernhard Kluge
Institute for Developmental Biology, University of Cologne, Gyrhofstrasse 17, 50923 Cologne, Germany
Dev Genes Evol 215:32-40. 2005..sections, immunohistochemical detection of thyroid hormone, and the molecular marker thyroid transcription factor1 (Ttf1) refines our current view of the homology between endostyle and thyroid gland...
- Familial interstitial disease with I73T mutation: A mid- and long-term studyRola Abou Taam
Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Pediatr Pulmonol 44:167-75. 2009..To describe the long-term course and the management in children of chronic interstitial lung disease associated with I73T mutation...
- Five commonly used markers (p53, TTF1, CK7, CK20, and CK34betaE12) are of no use in distinguishing between primary endocervical and endometrial adenocarcinomas in a tissue microarray extension studyChih Ping Han
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 281:317-23. 2010..In this study, we investigate five commonly used monoclonal antibodies (p53, TTF1, CK7, CK20, and CK34betaE12) to evaluate their potential use in distinguishing between these two gynecologic ..
- A high-throughput candidate gene mutation screen in lymphoproliferative and myeloproliferative neoplasiasSebastian Kreil
Leuk Res 33:e168-9. 2009
- Solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma of the thyroid gland associated with multinodular goiter: case report and review of the literatureG Puliga
Unit of Anatomic Pathology, San Martino Hospital, Oristano, Italy
Pathologica 103:61-3. 2011..Pan-cytokeratins, TTF1, thyreoglobulin, calcitonin, CD20 and CD79a were negative...
- Value of Islet 1 and PAX8 in identifying metastatic neuroendocrine tumors of pancreatic originJamie Koo
Department of Pathology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Mod Pathol 25:893-901. 2012..from neuroendocrine tumors of other sites and determined the usefulness of an immunohistochemical panel, including TTF1, CDX2, Islet 1 and/or PAX8, in identifying metastatic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors...
- Pulmonary-type adenocarcinoma and signet ring mucinous adenocarcinoma arising in an ovarian dermoid cyst: report of a unique caseClinton Boyd
Department of Pathology, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust and Molecular Pathology Programme, Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, Queens University Belfast, BT12 6BA Belfast, UK
Hum Pathol 43:2088-92. 2012..was closely associated with a bronchial structure and exhibited diffuse positive immunohistochemical staining with TTF1, PE10, and napsin A...
- Correlation of immunohistochemical staining p63 and TTF-1 with EGFR and K-ras mutational spectrum and diagnostic reproducibility in non small cell lung carcinomaErik Thunnissen
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Virchows Arch 461:629-38. 2012..The diagnosis was correlated with immunohistochemical (IHC) analysis for markers of adeno- (TTF1 and/or mucin positivity) and squamous cell differentiation (P63 and CK5/6) as well as KRAS and EGFR mutation ..
- Long-term effect of norepinephrine on thyroglobulin gene expression in FRTL-5 cellsP A Noseda
Nuclear Biochemistry Division, Department of Radiobiology, National Atomic Energy Commission, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thyroid 15:417-21. 2005..Northern blots were performed to analyze mRNA for thyroid transcription factors (TTF1, TTF2, Pax8), and no significant changes were observed with the different treatments...
- Fibronectin is distinctly downregulated in murine mammary adenocarcinoma cells with high metastatic potentialAlejandro J Urtreger
Area Investigacion, Instituto de Oncologia Angel H Roffo, Universidad de Buenos Aires, C1417DTB Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oncol Rep 16:1403-10. 2006..Only 2 genes, TTF1 and fibronectin (FN), showed a significant downregulation...
- Prognostic and predictive value of TFF1 for adjuvant endocrine therapy in Chinese women with early ER positive breast cancer: comparing aromatase inhibitors with tamoxifenLiheng Zhou
Department of Breast Surgery, Shanghai Cancer Hospital Cancer Institute, Fudan University Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 399 Ling Ling Road, Shanghai, China
Breast 20:15-20. 2011..We compared progesterone receptor (PR) and trefoil factor 1 (TTF1) status (+ve versus -ve) as predictive of superior effect of AI's over tamoxifen among a total of 1973 Chinese ..
- The fission yeast rDNA-binding protein Reb1 regulates G1 phase under nutritional stressLeonor Rodríguez-Sánchez
Department of Cell Proliferation and Development, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Ramiro de Maeztu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Sci 124:25-34. 2011Yeast Reb1 and its mammalian ortholog TTF1 are conserved Myb-type DNA-binding proteins that bind to specific sites near the 3'-end of rRNA genes (rDNA)...
- The cellular abundance of the essential transcription termination factor TTF-I regulates ribosome biogenesis and is determined by MDM2 ubiquitinylationFrédéric Lessard
Cancer Research Centre and Department of Molecular Biology, Medical Biochemistry and Pathology of Laval University, CHUQ Research Centre, Pavillon St Patrick, 9 rue McMahon, Quebec, G1R 3S3 Québec, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 40:5357-67. 2012..Thus, both the sub-nuclear localization and the abundance of TTF-I are key regulators of ribosome biogenesis...
- Follicular thyroid adenoma dominated by spindle cells: report of two unusual cases and literature reviewAbbas Agaimy
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 5:143-51. 2012..By immunohistochemistry, the spindled cells expressed vimentin, pankeratin (KL1), thyroglobulin and TTF1 consistent with a follicular differentiation...
- Mixed exocrine-neuroendocrine carcinoma of the nasal cavity: clinico-pathologic and molecular study of a case and review of the literatureStefano La Rosa
Department of Pathology, Ospedale di Circolo, Viale Borri 57, 21100 Varese, Italy
Head Neck Pathol 7:76-84. 2013..Both exocrine and neuroendocrine components were CK8, CK20, CDX2 and p53 positive, and CK7 and TTF1 negative...
- Neural lineage-specific homeoprotein BRN2 is directly involved in TTF1 expression in small-cell lung cancerMasashi Sakaeda
Department of Pathology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Lab Invest 93:408-21. 2013Thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) plays crucial roles in thyroid, lung, and developing brain morphogenesis...
- Simultaneous multi-antibody staining in non-small cell lung cancer strengthens diagnostic accuracy especially in small tissue samplesGian Kayser
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e56333. 2013..TMAs were stained by a simultaneous bi-color multi-antibody assay consisting of TTF1, Vimentin, p63 and neuroendocrine markers (CD56, chromogranin A, synaptophysin)...
- A papillary thyroid microcarcinoma revealed by a single bone lesion with no poor prognostic factorsYann Godbert
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Institut Bergonie, 229 Cours de l Argonne, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Case Rep Endocrinol 2013:719304. 2013..histology analysis of the biopsy and surgical specimen favored an adenocarcinoma with immunostaining positive for TTF1 and thyroglobulin (Tg)...
- Resveratrol induces differentiation markers expression in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma via activation of Notch1 signaling and suppresses cell growthXiao Min Yu
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Carbone Cancer Center, Madison, WI 53792 7375, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 12:1276-87. 2013..In addition, the expression of thyroid-specific genes including TTF1, TTF2, Pax8, and sodium iodide symporter (NIS) was upregulated in both ATC cell lines with resveratrol treatment...
- Effects of ultraviolet radiation on FRTL-5 cell growth and thyroid-specific gene expressionEnke Baldini
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Astrobiology 13:536-42. 2013..Nis) were transiently decreased at 24 h in treated cells, while the mRNAs of the thyroid transcription factors TTF1, Foxe1, and Pax8 were not affected...
- Pituicytoma with gelsolin amyloid depositionCristiane M Ida
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Endocr Pathol 24:149-55. 2013..Immunohistochemically, diffuse reactivity to S100 protein and TTF1, focal reactivity for GFAP, and no reactivity to EMA, synaptophysin, and chromogranin were observed...
- Immunohistochemical and molecular characterization of clear cell carcinoma of the lungSamuel A Yousem
UPMC Presbyterian A610, Department of Pathology, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582 Electronic address
Hum Pathol 44:2467-74. 2013..CCCL tended to be present in older individuals with an adenocarcinoma immunophenotype (cytokeratin 7 and TTF1 positivity)...
- [Congenital cystic adenomatoid malformation of the lung or congenital pulmonary airway malformation]Vitor Sousa
Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra, Servico de Anatomia Patologica
Rev Port Pneumol 9:249-56. 2003..by the use of Movat's pentachromic stain and the application of the antibody anti-CK7 and anti-body anti-TTF1. In the three morphological types the elastic alveolar net is absent...
- [Morphological features of the pulmonary sequestration]Vitor Sousa
Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra, Servico de Anatomia Patologica
Rev Port Pneumol 9:153-60. 2003..application of histochemical techniques--Movat's pentachrome stain and Verhoeff--and immunolabelling with CK7 and TTF1. The parenchymal inflammatory distortion by collagenization was constantly seen as was BALT hyperplasia and ..
- Biphasic alveolosquamoid renal carcinoma: a histomorphological, immunohistochemical, molecular genetic, and ultrastructural study of a distinctive morphologic variant of renal cell carcinomaFredrik Petersson
Department of Pathology, Charles University in Prague Faculty of Medicine in Plzen, Plzen, Czech Republic
Ann Diagn Pathol 16:459-69. 2012..S100 A1, p63, p53, CDX2, uroplakin III, HMB45, TFE3, WT1, synaptophysin, chromogranin A, thyroglobulin, and TTF1 were negative...
- CD34 Expression in the Stromal Cells of Alveolar AdenomaNicolina De Rosa
Complex Operative Unit of Pathology, AORN Monaldi, Naples, 80131 Naples, Italy
Case Report Med 2012:913517. 2012..Immunohistochemically, the epithelial cells stain for cytokeratin (CK) AE1AE3, CK7, thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1), and surfactant apoprotein confirming the derivation by the type 2 pneumocytes...
- A Case of a Metastatic Disease to the Pancreas from a Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma Documented by a CT-Scan-Guided Trucut Biopsy: The Diagnostic Role of Cytomorphology and ImmunohistochemistryN Bouyahia
Department of Medical Oncology, Hassan II University Hospital, Fez, Morocco
Case Rep Oncol Med 2012:520430. 2012..Immunocytochemical staining showed that a variable number of neoplastic cells were positive for cytokeratin 7, TTF1, chromogranin A, and synaptophysin but negative for leukocyte common antigen and cytokeratin 20 with a very high ..
- Papillary thyroid carcinoma-like tumor of the kidney: a case reportHatim A Khoja
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Surg Pathol 20:411-5. 2012..Tumor cells were negative for thyroid markers (thyroglobulin and TTF1). According to the authors, this is the first case of PTC (follicular variant)-like tumor of the kidney.
- Personalized medicine for lung cancer: new challenges for pathologyKeith M Kerr
Aberdeen University Medical School, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Histopathology 60:531-46. 2012..P63 and/or cytokeratins 5 and 6 and thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) are among the best predictors, respectively, of squamous and adenocarcinoma histology...
- SnoN oncoprotein enhances estrogen receptor-α transcriptional activityArja M Band
Molecular Cancer Biology Program, Biomedicum Helsinki and Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cell Signal 24:922-30. 2012..Chromatin immunoprecipitation demonstrated that SnoN interacts with ERα at the TTF1 (pS2) gene promoter...
- Colorectal poorly differentiated neuroendocrine carcinomas and mixed adenoneuroendocrine carcinomas: insights into the diagnostic immunophenotype, assessment of methylation profile, and search for prognostic markersStefano La Rosa
Department of Pathology, Ospedale di Circolo, Varese, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 36:601-11. 2012..instability (MSI), and the immunohistochemical profile, including the expression of transcription factors (TTF1, ASH1, CDX2, and PAX5), stem cell markers (CD117 and CD34), and cytokeratins 7 and 20, in a series of 39 carcinomas ..
- Thyroid transcription factor 1, a homeodomain containing transcription factor, contributes to regulating periodic oscillations in GnRH gene expressionV Matagne
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center Oregon Health Sciences University, Beaverton, OR, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 24:916-29. 2012Thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1), a member of the Nkx family of transcription factors required for basal forebrain morphogenesis, functions in the postnatal hypothalamus as a transcriptional regulator of genes encoding ..
- Loss of Shp2 in alveoli epithelia induces deregulated surfactant homeostasis, resulting in spontaneous pulmonary fibrosisXue Zhang
Department of Pathology and Pathophysiology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, P O Box 59, 866 Yuhangtang Rd, Hangzhou 310058, China
FASEB J 26:2338-50. 2012..Mechanistically, Shp2 acts to mediate expression of thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) and ATP-binding cassette subfamily A member 3 (ABCA3)...
- Mechanical loading induces the expression of a Pol I regulon at the onset of skeletal muscle hypertrophyFerdinand von Walden
Department of Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C1523-30. 2012..and protein expression of c-Myc and its downstream polymerase I (Pol I) regulon (POL1RB, TIF-1A, PAF53, TTF1, TAF1C) was also consistent with the increase in rRNA...
- Mesonephric adenocarcinomas of the uterine cervix and corpus: HPV-negative neoplasms that are commonly PAX8, CA125, and HMGA2 positive and that may be immunoreactive with TTF1 and hepatocyte nuclear factor 1-βSarah L Kenny
Department of Pathology, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Am J Surg Pathol 36:799-807. 2012..the demonstration of nuclear positivity with PAX8 and HMGA2 in 7 cases, CA125 immunoreactivity in all 8 cases, and TTF1 and hepatocyte nuclear factor 1-β staining in 3 cases...
- Bilateral lung lesions: when the eyes deceive the brain!Alfonso Fiorelli
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 83:87-9. 2012..Immunoistochemical staining revealed a CK-, CK7-, EMA-, ESA-, CEA-, TTF1-, Vimentina+, CD31+, CD117+ lesion...
- DNA methylation of the homeobox genes PITX2 and SHOX2 predicts outcome in non-small-cell lung cancer patientsDimo Dietrich
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Diagn Mol Pathol 21:93-104. 2012..finding of this study was that SHOX2 and PITX2 DNA methylation was shown to be inversely correlated with TTF1 (also known as NKX2-1) expression (PITX2: P=0.018, SHOX2: P<0.001)...
- Histopathological and immunohistochemical study of laterocervical lymph node metastases of unknown primary originRamona Denise Mălin
Department of ENT, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, Craiova, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 53:337-42. 2012..study, we used a large panel of antibodies represented by CK7, CK19, CK20, CKAE1/AE3, CK34betaE12, TTF1, HBME-1, CEA, MUC5AC and EBV...
- Transcriptional regulation of a mouse Clara cell-specific protein (mCC10) gene by the NKx transcription factor family members thyroid transciption factor 1 and cardiac muscle-specific homeobox protein (CSX)M K Ray
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:2056-64. 1996..1 homeobox protein, thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1). DNase I footprint analysis identified five binding sites for TTF1 between bp -800 and - 166...
- Formation of Rathke's pouch requires dual induction from the diencephalonN Takuma
Laboratory of Mammalian Genes and Development, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 125:4835-40. 1998Targeted disruption of the homeobox gene T/ebp (Nkx2.1, Ttf1, Titf1) in mice results in ablation of the pituitary...
- Thyroid-specific enhancer-binding protein/thyroid transcription factor 1 is not required for the initial specification of the thyroid and lung primordiaS Kimura
Laboratory of Metabolism, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochimie 81:321-7. 1999Targeted disruption of the homeobox gene T/ebp (Ttf1) in mice results in ablation of the thyroid and pituitary, and severe deformities in development of the lung and hypothalamus...
- Acetylation of TAF(I)68, a subunit of TIF-IB/SL1, activates RNA polymerase I transcriptionV Muth
Division of Molecular Biology of the Cell II, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 20:1353-62. 2001....
- Early embryonic expression of a LIM-homeobox gene Cs-lhx3 is downstream of beta-catenin and responsible for the endoderm differentiation in Ciona savignyi embryosY Satou
Department of Zoology, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Development 128:3559-70. 2001..We found that a LIM-homeobox gene (Cs-lhx3), an otx homolog (Cs-otx) and an NK-2 class gene (Cs-ttf1) were among beta-catenin downstream genes...
- Increased expression of thyroid transcription factor-1 (TTF-1) in respiratory epithelial cells inhibits alveolarization and causes pulmonary inflammationSusan E Wert
Division of Pulmonary Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Dev Biol 242:75-87. 2002..transgenic mice were generated in which TTF-1 was expressed in respiratory epithelial cells of wild-type and Ttf1 null mutant (-/-) mice, using the lung-specific SP-C promoter...
- Micromagnetic Aptamer PCR System for Ultrasensitive Multiplexed Protein DetectionHYONGSOK TOM SOH; Fiscal Year: 2010..markers, platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and thyroid transcription factor (TTF1), at femtomolar concentration levels directly from serum...
- Air/liquid interface cultures for alveolar type II cell differentiationROBERT JAMES MASON; Fiscal Year: 2012..However, we are mindful that other pathways are also likely involved, and we will examine TTF1, FOXA2, mTOR, PPAR? and AMPK target genes in the analyses of the microarray experiments...
- Role of NFI in type II Cell FunctionCINDY BACHURSKI; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thyroid transcription factor 1 (TTF1) and GATA6 have been implicated in differentiation of the distal pulmonary epithelium and we have clearly shown ..
- Function and structure of pendrin in thyroid cellsPeter Kopp; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide fundamental insights into the (patho)physiology of this novel anion transporter that has important functions in the thyroid, the kidney and the inner ear. ..