Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TSNAX-DISC1
Description: TSNAX-DISC1 readthrough (NMD candidate)
- Genome-wide association study implicates a chromosome 12 risk locus for late-onset Alzheimer diseaseGary W Beecham
Miami Institute for Human Genomics, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Am J Hum Genet 84:35-43. 2009..These results help to further define the genetic architecture of LOAD...
- Reduced expression of the Kinesin-Associated Protein 3 (KIFAP3) gene increases survival in sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosisJohn E Landers
Cecil B Day Neuromuscular Research Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Building 114, Navy Yard, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9004-9. 2009..These findings support the view that genetic factors modify phenotypes in this disease and that cellular motor proteins are determinants of motor neuron viability...
- Impact of DISC1 variation on neuroanatomical and neurocognitive phenotypesM A Carless
Department of Genetics, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX 78227, USA
Mol Psychiatry 16:1096-104, 1063. 2011..93 × 10(-4)) and panic (rs12137417, P=7.41 × 10(-4)) were associated with DISC1 sequence variation. DISC1 has well-defined genetic regulation and clearly influences important phenotypes related to psychiatric disease...
- Association between single nucleotide polymorphism-genotype and outcome of patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia in a randomized chemotherapy trialRachel Wade
Clinical Trial Service Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Haematologica 96:1496-503. 2011..Identifying genetic variants that influence patients' outcome and response to treatment may provide important insights into the biology of the disease...
- Chromosomal location and genomic structure of the human translin-associated factor X gene (TRAX; TSNAX) revealed by intergenic splicing to DISC1, a gene disrupted by a translocation segregating with schizophreniaJ K Millar
Department of Medical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Genomics 67:69-77. 2000..1. The TRAX gene consists of six exons with a putative CpG island at the 5' end. Four major transcripts are produced from this gene, of which the smallest, at 2.7 kb, had previously been identified...
- Association of DISC1 and TSNAX genes and affective disorders in the depression case-control (DeCC) and bipolar affective case-control (BACCS) studiesA Schosser
MRC SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
Mol Psychiatry 15:844-9. 2010....
- DISC1 splice variants are upregulated in schizophrenia and associated with risk polymorphismsKenji Nakata
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Division of Intramural Research Programs, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1385, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15873-8. 2009..Our results implicate a molecular mechanism of genetic risk associated with DISC1 involving specific alterations in gene processing...