Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TrkB
Description: neurotrophic tyrosine kinase, receptor, type 2
Alias: GP145-TrkB, TRKB, trk-B, BDNF-tropomyosine receptor kinase B, BDNF/NT-3 growth factors receptor, tropomyosin-related kinase B, tyrosine kinase receptor B
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Overexpression of TrkB promotes the progression of colon cancerYingjiao Yu
Department of Ultrasound, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, China
APMIS 118:188-95. 2010Studies have confirmed that TrkB plays important roles in facilitating metastasis in various types of malignant tumors...
- Altered gene expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and receptor tyrosine kinase B in postmortem brain of suicide subjectsYogesh Dwivedi
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:804-15. 2003..BDNF), one of the most important neurotrophins, after binding with and activating receptor tyrosine kinase B (trk B), is directly involved in many physiological functions in the brain, including cell survival and synaptic ..
- Suppression of anoikis and induction of metastasis by the neurotrophic receptor TrkBSirith Douma
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, Amsterdam 1066 CX, The Netherlands
Nature 430:1034-9. 2004..Here, we report the identification of TrkB, a neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor, as a potent and specific suppressor of caspase-associated anoikis of non-..
- TrkB induces EMT and has a key role in invasion of head and neck squamous cell carcinomaM E Kupferman
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Houston TX, USA
Oncogene 29:2047-59. 2010..and here we present experimental evidence for a direct role of the cell surface receptor tyrosine kinase, TrkB, in HNSCC tumor progression...
- Trk receptor expression and inhibition in neuroblastomasGarrett M Brodeur
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4318, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3244-50. 2009..In contrast, TrkB-expressing tumors frequently have MYCN amplification and are very aggressive and often fatal tumors...
- A neurotrophin axis in myeloma: TrkB and BDNF promote tumor-cell survivalRoger N Pearse
Division of Hematology, Cornell University Medical College, Rm C 606, 1300 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 105:4429-36. 2005..member of the neurotrophin family of growth factors, and its high-affinity receptor, tropomyosin receptor kinase B (TrkB), contribute to these survival cues...
- Tyrosine kinase B receptor and BDNF expression in ovarian cancers - Effect on cell migration, angiogenesis and clinical outcomeChristy W H Au
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Cancer Lett 281:151-61. 2009In this report, we demonstrated that overexpression of tropomyosin-related kinase B (TrkB) was associated with shorter survival in ovarian cancer patients...
- Critical role for TrkB kinase function in anoikis suppression, tumorigenesis, and metastasisThomas R Geiger
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 67:6221-9. 2007..We have previously shown that the neurotrophic receptor tyrosine kinase TrkB suppresses anoikis in rat intestinal epithelial cells and renders them highly tumorigenic and metastatic...
- Neurotrophic receptor, tropomyosin-related kinase B as an independent prognostic marker in gastric cancer patientsKoji Tanaka
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Mie, Japan
J Surg Oncol 99:307-10. 2009Neurotrophic receptor tyrosine kinase TrkB has been associated with clinical outcome and chemotherapy resistance in neuroblastoma and certain human malignancies...
- Tyrosine receptor kinase B (TrkB) protein expression in the human endometriumDana L Anger
Reproductive Biology Division, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, HSC 3N52D, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street W, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Endocrine 31:167-73. 2007b>Tyrosine kinase receptor B (TrkB) gene expression, a neurotrophic factor receptor expressed in the brain and ovary, has recently been identified in deep infiltrating endometriosis by gene array...
- Expression of TrkB and BDNF is associated with poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancerKyoko Okamura
Research Institute for Diseases of the Chest, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Japan
Lung Cancer 78:100-6. 2012High expression levels of TrkB and BDNF are associated with aggressive malignant behavior in tumor cells and a poor prognosis in patients with various types of cancer...
- Crosstalk between EGFR and TrkB enhances ovarian cancer cell migration and proliferationLihua Qiu
Department of Ob Gyn, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200001, P R China
Int J Oncol 29:1003-11. 2006..We investigated the crosstalk between EGFR and TrkB, both of which have been known to be important in cell survival and migration in response to EGF and BDNF...
- Association of genetic variants in the neurotrophic receptor-encoding gene NTRK2 and a lifetime history of suicide attempts in depressed patientsMartin A Kohli
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 2 10, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Arch Gen Psychiatry 67:348-59. 2010..Especially in suicide victims, lower postmortem brain messenger RNA and protein levels of neurotrophins and their receptors have been reported...
- Biochemical and functional interactions between the neurotrophin receptors trk and p75NTRM Bibel
Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Department of Neurobiochemistry, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
EMBO J 18:616-22. 1999..Many cells co-express trk receptors and p75(NTR), and we found that p75(NTR) was co-precipitated with trkA, trkB and trkC in cells transfected with both receptor types...
- Role and relevance of TrkB mutations and expression in non-small cell lung cancerTaishi Harada
Medical Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:2638-45. 2011b>TrkB has been involved in poor cancer outcome. TrkB mutations have been reported in non-small cell lung cancer...
- BDNF/TrkB signaling protects HT-29 human colon cancer cells from EGFR inhibitionCaroline Brunetto de Farias
Cancer Research Laboratory, University Hospital Research Center CPE HCPA, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, 90035 003 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 425:328-32. 2012..The neurotrophin brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its receptor TrkB have recently emerged as anticancer targets, and we have previously shown increased BDNF levels in CRC tumor ..
- Association of the Src family tyrosine kinase Fyn with TrkBY Iwasaki
Novartis Pharma K K, Research Department, Takarazuka Research Institute, Japan
J Neurochem 71:106-11. 1998..The Fyn-Src homology domain 2 (SH2) was observed to associate in vitro with the intracellular domain of TrkB (ICD-TrkB). This association was dependent on the autophosphorylation of ICD-TrkB...
- Inhibition of brain-derived neurotrophic factor/tyrosine kinase B signaling suppresses choriocarcinoma cell growthNanami Kawamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Endocrinology 151:3006-14. 2010..Here, we found the expression of BDNF and neurtropin-4/5 together with TrkB in human trophoblastic choriocarcinoma cells...
- Suppression of anoikis by the neurotrophic receptor TrkB in human ovarian cancerXiaohui Yu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated First People s Hospital, No 85 Wujin Road, Shanghai 200080, China
Cancer Sci 99:543-52. 2008b>TrkB is a neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor (Trk)...
- Overexpression of BDNF and TrkB in human bladder cancer specimensPei Chun Lai
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Tzu Chi University, Hualien 970, Taiwan, ROC
Oncol Rep 24:1265-70. 2010BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) and TrkB (tropomyosin receptor kinase B) are expressed in several tumor types...
- TrkB is highly expressed in NSCLC and mediates BDNF-induced the activation of Pyk2 signaling and the invasion of A549 cellsSiyang Zhang
Center of Laboratory Technology and Experimental Medicine, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
BMC Cancer 10:43. 2010Aberrant regulation in the invasion of cancer cells is closely associated with their metastatic potentials. TrkB functions as a receptor tyrosine kinase and is considered to facilitate tumor metastasis...
- The Trk tyrosine kinase inhibitor K252a regulates growth of lung adenocarcinomasP Perez-Pinera
Departamento de Morfologia y Biologia Celular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Julian Claveria s n, Oviedo, Spain
Mol Cell Biochem 295:19-26. 2007..We showed that human lung adenocarcinomas express TrkA and TrkB, but not TrkC; A549 cells, derived from a human lung adenocarcinoma, express mRNA transcripts encoding nerve growth ..
- Analysis of the human TrkB gene genomic organization reveals novel TrkB isoforms, unusual gene length, and splicing mechanismPeter Stoilov
Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen, Institute for Biochemistry, Fahrstrasse 17, Erlangen, 91054, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 290:1054-65. 2002We determined the gene structure of the human TrkB gene. The gene is unusually large and spans at least 590 kbp. It contains 24 exons...
- Frequent mutations in the neurotrophic tyrosine receptor kinase gene family in large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lungAntonio Marchetti
Clinical Research Center, Center of Excellence on Aging, University Foundation, Chieti, Italy
Hum Mutat 29:609-16. 2008..Such mutational events could represent an important step in the cancerogenesis of these tumors and may have potential implications for the selection of patients for targeted therapy...
- Gene-gene interactions of the brain-derived neurotrophic-factor and neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor 2 genes in geriatric depressionEugene Lin
Vita Genomics, Inc, Taipei, Taiwan
Rejuvenation Res 12:387-93. 2009..Analyses using logistic regression models confirmed the gene-gene interactions. The results suggest that the BDNF and NTRK2 genes may contribute to the risk of geriatric depression independently and in an interactive manner...
- A cross-talk between TrkB and Ret tyrosine kinases receptors mediates neuroblastoma cells differentiationCarla Lucia Esposito
Istituto per l Endocrinologia e l Oncologia Sperimentale G Salvatore, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 3:e1643. 2008..Retinoic acid (RA)-treatment of neuroblastoma (NB) cells implicates activation of Ret and TrkB RTKs as critical step to induce cell differentiation...
- Alternative splicing, methylation state, and expression profile of tropomyosin-related kinase B in the frontal cortex of suicide completersCarl Ernst
Departments ofNeurology and Neurosurgery, Douglas Hospital Research Institute, Montreal, QC H4H 1R3, Canada
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:22-32. 2009..A truncated variant of the tropomyosin-related kinase B (TrkB.T1) is expressed in astrocytes, and brain-derived neurotrophic factor-TrkB signaling has been linked to mood ..
- BDNF mediated TrkB activation is a survival signal for transitional cell carcinoma cellsYen Ta Huang
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Tzu Chi University, Hualien 970, Taiwan, R O C
Int J Oncol 36:1469-76. 2010..Previously, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) but not tropomyosin-related kinase B (TrkB) was found in normal urothelium...
- Identification of brain-derived neurotrophic factor as a novel angiogenic protein in multiple myelomaYu Hu
Institute of Hematology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huanzhong University of Science and Technology, 1277 Jiefang Dadao, Wuhan 430022, P R China
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 178:1-10. 2007..The brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its high-affinity receptor, TrkB, have been identified as critical factors in the regulation of vessel formation...
- The neurotrophin receptor TrkB cooperates with c-Met in enhancing neuroblastoma invasivenessMonica Hecht
Department of Pediatrics, University of Goettingen, Germany
Carcinogenesis 26:2105-15. 2005..However, amplification of the oncogene MYCN and expression of the neurotrophin receptor TrkB are known to contribute to a highly malignant phenotype...
- Nucleotide sequence variation within the human tyrosine kinase B neurotrophin receptor gene: association with antisocial alcohol dependenceK Xu
Sections on Molecular Genetics and Human Genetics, Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 7:368-79. 2007..057). Taken together, these results support a role for the NTRK2 gene in addiction in a Caucasian population with AD and a subtype of ASPD...
- Up-regulation of Tropomyosin related kinase B contributes to resistance to detachment-induced apoptosis in hepatoma multicellular aggregationsZhiyong Zhang
Institute of Immunology, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan, China
Mol Biol Rep 36:1211-6. 2009..Expression of TrkB on detached cells was much higher than that of attached ones...
- Extensive genotyping of the BDNF and NTRK2 genes define protective haplotypes against obsessive-compulsive disorderPino Alonso
OCD Clinical and Research Unit, Psychiatry Department, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Biol Psychiatry 63:619-28. 2008..We used a linkage disequilibrium (LD)-mapping approach to investigate the role that BDNF and its specific receptor neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor type 2 (NTRK2) may play in increasing susceptibility to OCD...
- Similarities and differences in the way neurotrophins interact with the Trk receptors in neuronal and nonneuronal cellsN Y Ip
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Tarrytown, New York 10591
Neuron 10:137-49. 1993..specificities, represents the functional counterpart of Xenopus neurotrophin-4 and is a "preferred" ligand for TrkB. However, its interactions with TrkB can be distinguished from those of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) ..
- Cell survival through Trk neurotrophin receptors is differentially regulated by ubiquitinationJuan Carlos Arevalo
Molecular Neurobiology Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, Departments of Cell Biology, Physiology, and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York, New York 10016, USA
Neuron 50:549-59. 2006..Unexpectedly, Nedd4-2 does not bind or ubiquitinate related TrkB receptors, due to the lack of a consensus PPXY motif...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and its receptor in the human and the sand rat intervertebral discHelen E Gruber
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28232, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R82. 2008....
- Retrograde axonal transport obstruction of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its TrkB receptor in the retina and optic nerve of American Cocker Spaniel dogs with spontaneous glaucomaSimone Iwabe
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, DF, Mexico
Vet Ophthalmol 10:12-9. 2007..optic nerve axonal transport obstruction at the scleral lamina cribosa level by examining levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its tyrosine kinase receptor type B (TrkB) in dogs presenting with high intraocular pressure.
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor reduces cortical cell death by ischemia after middle cerebral artery occlusion in the ratI Ferrer
Unitat de Neuropatologia, Servei d Anatomia Patològica, Hospital Princeps d Espanya, Campus de Bellvitge, 08907 Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
Acta Neuropathol 101:229-38. 2001..we found: (1) a permanent reduction of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its full-length receptor, TrkB, in the infarcted core; (2) a transient increase in BDNF immunoreactivity in the internal region of the border of ..
- Distribution of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and TrkB receptor proteins in the fetal and postnatal hippocampus and cerebellum of the guinea pigSandra Dieni
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3010 Victoria, Australia
J Comp Neurol 454:229-40. 2002This study investigates the distribution of brain-derived neurotrophic factor protein (BDNF) and its receptor, TrkB, during the development of hippocampus and cerebellum in a long-gestation species, the guinea pig...
- Long-term locomotor training up-regulates TrkB(FL) receptor-like proteins, brain-derived neurotrophic factor, and neurotrophin 4 with different topographies of expression in oligodendroglia and neurons in the spinal cordMalgorzata Skup
Department of Neurophysiology, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 3 Pasteur St 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
Exp Neurol 176:289-307. 2002..In particular, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), acting through full-length TrkB receptor (TrkB(FL)), is implicated in the stimulation of neurotransmission...
- A novel trimeric peptide, Neuropep-1-stimulating brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression in rat brain improves spatial learning and memory as measured by the Y-maze and Morris water mazeMin Kyoo Shin
Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Biological Science, Sungkyunkwan University, Jangan gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
J Neurochem 116:205-16. 2011..Pre-treatment of TrkB inhibitor (K252a) did not block Neuropep-1-induced BDNF up-regulation...
- Continuous exposure to brain-derived neurotrophic factor is required for persistent activation of TrkB receptor, the ERK signaling pathway, and the induction of neuropeptide Y production in cortical culturesAyalla Barnea
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9032, USA
Brain Res 1020:106-17. 2004..In some studies, it was shown that BDNF leads to the downregulation of TrkB receptor and some of its downstream responses, whereas in others it does not...
- Involvement of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the functional elimination of synaptic contacts at polyinnervated neuromuscular synapses during developmentN Garcia
Unitat d Histologia i Neurobiologia UHN, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Carrer Sant Llorenç, Spain
J Neurosci Res 88:1406-19. 2010..use immunohistochemistry to describe the localization of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its receptors trkB and p75(NTR) in the neuromuscular synapses of postnatal rats (P6-P7) during the synapse elimination period...
- Immunolocalization of pro- and mature-brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and receptor TrkB in the human brainstem and hippocampusSamantha Tang
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Brain Res 1354:1-14. 2010Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its receptor TrkB are essential in promoting normal development of the central nervous system...
- Distinct requirements for TrkB and TrkC signaling in target innervation by sensory neuronsAntonio Postigo
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Genes Dev 16:633-45. 2002Signaling by brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) via the TrkB receptor, or by neurotrophin-3 (NT3) through the TrkC receptor support distinct populations of sensory neurons...
- Neocortical neurons lacking the protein-tyrosine kinase B receptor display abnormal differentiation and process elongation in vitro and in vivoM A Gates
Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuroscience 98:437-47. 2000The spatial and temporal expression of the protein-tyrosine kinase B (TrkB) receptor and its ligands has been correlated with the development of the neocortex...
- Early postnatal ethanol exposure selectively decreases BDNF and truncated TrkB-T2 receptor mRNA expression in the rat cerebellumK E Light
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 93:46-55. 2001..We hypothesize that disruption of TrkB and/or TrkC mediated neurotrophin communication is, in part, responsible for the ethanol-induced loss of Purkinje ..
- A role for the neurotrophin receptor TrkB on maturing dendritic cellsKai Bratke
Department of Pneumology, University of Rostock, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 189:88-94. 2007..Neurotrophins are involved in neuroimmune interactions. However, the expression and role of neurotrophin receptors on dendritic cells have not been systematically studied...
- An AMPA receptor potentiator modulates hippocampal expression of BDNF: an in vivo studyMarzena Mackowiak
Eli Lilly and Co Ltd, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285 0814, USA
Neuropharmacology 43:1-10. 2002..potentiator (LY404187) and its active isomer (LY451646) on the expression of BDNF protein and mRNA, as well as TrkB mRNA in rat hippocampus...
- Expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and tyrosine kinase B receptor proteins in glioneuronal tumors from patients with intractable epilepsy: colocalization with N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptorE Aronica
Department of Neuro Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Neuropathol 101:383-92. 2001Recent evidence suggests that brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its tyrosine kinase B (TrkB) receptor, in addition to promoting neuronal survival and differentiation, modulates synaptic transmission by increasing N-methyl-D-..
- Placental BDNF/TrkB signaling system is modulated by fetal growth disturbances in rat and humanS Mayeur
Univ Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France
Placenta 31:785-91. 2010..undernutrition (MU), during the perinatal life, modified both the BDNF and its functional receptor, the tyrosine kinase receptor B (TrkB) gene expression in the brain of growth-restricted rat offspring during sensitive developmental ..
- Theraputic targeting of Trk supresses tumor proliferation and enhances cisplatin activity in HNSCCTurker Yilmaz
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Houston, TX, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 10:644-53. 2010..Several lines of evidence support the role of TrkB for invasion and metastasis in various solid tumor models, and we have shown an important function of this receptor ..
- Effects of trkB knockout on topography and ocular segregation of uncrossed retinal projectionsJennifer Rodger
Experimental and Regenerative Neurosciences, School of Animal Biology M317, University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA 6009, Australia
Exp Brain Res 195:35-44. 2009b>TrkB is an important receptor for brain-derived neurotrophic factor and NT4, members of the neurotrophin family. TrkB signaling is crucial in many activity-dependent and activity-independent processes of neural development...
- A positive change in energy balance modulates TrkB expression in the hypothalamus and nodose ganglia of ratsNadine Zeeni
INRA, CNRH IdF, UMR914 Nutrition Physiology and Ingestive Behavior, AgroParisTech, 16 rue Claude Bernard, F 75005 Paris, France
Brain Res 1289:49-55. 2009Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its TrkB receptor play critical roles in the synaptic activity and plasticity of mature neurons and enhance adult neurogenesis...
- Cellular BRET assay suggests a conformational rearrangement of preformed TrkB/Shc complexes following BDNF-dependent activationLuc De Vries
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Institut de Recherche Pierre Fabre, 17, avenue Jean Moulin, 81106 Castres, France
Cell Signal 22:158-65. 2010We developed a cellular Bioluminescent Resonance Energy Transfer (BRET) assay based on the interaction of TrkB fused to Renilla luciferase with the intracellular adaptor protein Shc fused to Enhanced Yellow Fluorescent Protein (EYFP)...
- Gene dosage effect of the TrkB receptor on rod physiology and biochemistry in juvenile mouse retinaB Rohrer
Storm Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Mol Vis 7:288-96. 2001To strengthen our understanding about the role of trkB in rod development by correlating functional and biochemical retinal phenotypes with levels of trkB expression in two independently created trkB transgenic lines.
- Locomotion induces changes in Trk B receptors in small diameter cells of the spinal cordM Skup
Department of Neurophysiology, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 60:371. 2000..If exercise enhances BDNF expression also in the spinal cord, upregulation of its receptor Trk B may occur. To verify this hypothesis we tested whether exercise influences TrkB receptor system in the spinal cord...
- The interaction between tropomyosin-related kinase B receptors and presynaptic muscarinic receptors modulates transmitter release in adult rodent motor nerve terminalsNeus Garcia
Unitat d Histologia i Neurobiologia, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, 43201 Reus, Spain
J Neurosci 30:16514-22. 2010..brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), neurotrophin-4 (NT-4) and the receptors tropomyosin-related kinase B (trkB) and p75(NTR) are present in the nerve terminals on the neuromuscular junctions (NMJs) of the levator auris longus ..
- Expression of TrkB in the murine kidneyOlivia Garcia-Suarez
Departamento de Morfologia y Biologia Celular, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo, and Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Clinico, Universidad de Valladolid, Spain
Microsc Res Tech 69:1014-20. 2006..study we used Western-blot and immunohistochemistry to investigate the occurrence and cellular localization of TrkB in the mouse kidney...
- Human TrkB gene: novel alternative transcripts, protein isoforms and expression pattern in the prefrontal cerebral cortex during postnatal developmentKristi Luberg
Department of Gene Technology, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia
J Neurochem 113:952-64. 2010..Misregulation of TrkB has been reported in many human diseases, including cancer, obesity and neurological and psychiatric disorders...
- Overexpression of the full-length neurotrophin receptor trkB regulates the expression of plasticity-related genes in mouse brainEija Koponen
Department of Neurobiology, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 130:81-94. 2004..To specifically address the role of the trkB receptor, we have previously generated transgenic mice overexpressing the full-length trkB receptor and observed a ..
- Role of accumbens BDNF and TrkB in cocaine-induced psychomotor sensitization, conditioned-place preference, and reinstatement in ratsAmine Bahi
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 301 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06508, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 199:169-82. 2008..BDNF action is mediated by the TrkB receptor-tyrosine kinase, and both BDNF and TrkB transcripts are widely expressed in the rat mesolimbic pathway, ..
- Essential role of Hrs in endocytic recycling of full-length TrkB receptor but not its isoform TrkB.T1Shu Hong Huang
Department of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, School of Medicine, Jinan, Shandong 250012, China
J Biol Chem 284:15126-36. 2009Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) signaling through its receptor, TrkB, modulates survival, differentiation, and synaptic activity of neurons. Both full-length TrkB (TrkB-FL) and its isoform T1 (TrkB...
- Reduced expression of the TrkB receptor in Huntington's disease mouse models and in human brainSilvia Gines
Departament de Biologia Cel lular i Anatomia Patològica, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Barcelona, Casanova 143, E 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Neurosci 23:649-58. 2006..However, the effectiveness of BDNF may depend on the proper expression of its receptor TrkB. In this study, we analysed the expression of TrkB in several HD models and in postmortem HD brains...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) is a transcriptional activator of the TrkB neurotrophin receptor geneLina K Martens
Institut für Vegetative Physiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 282:14379-88. 2007..High expression levels of the neurotrophin receptor TrkB and its ligands in neuroblastomas are associated with an unfavorable outcome...
- Mechanism underlying activity-dependent insertion of TrkB into the neuronal surfaceLing Zhao
Department of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Shandong, P R China
J Cell Sci 122:3123-36. 2009Activity-dependent insertion of tyrosine kinase receptor type 2 (TrkB receptor) into the plasma membrane can explain, in part, the preferential effect of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) on active neurons; however, the detailed ..
- TrkB signaling is required for behavioral sensitization and conditioned place preference induced by a single injection of cocaineKristy R Crooks
Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neuropharmacology 58:1067-77. 2010..However, it is unclear whether BDNF signaling through the TrkB receptor can mediate these behavioral responses when animals are given a single cocaine exposure...
- Dynamic expression of TrkB receptor protein on proliferating and maturing cells in the adult mouse dentate gyrusMichael H Donovan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
Hippocampus 18:435-9. 2008..BDNF) is implicated in the regulation of adult hippocampal neurogenesis, presumably via its primary receptor, TrkB. However, controversy exists about how BDNF affects neurogenesis (e.g., proliferation vs. survival/differentiation)...
- Hippocampal mossy fiber sprouting and elevated trkB receptor expression following systemic administration of low dose domoic acid during neonatal developmentPaul B Bernard
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Hippocampus 17:1121-33. 2007..Herein we report further hippocampal changes, consisting of mossy fiber sprouting and associated changes in the trkB receptor population in young adult (3 months) rats, and further, report that these changes show regional variation ..
- Functional characterization of human NTRK2 mutations identified in patients with severe early-onset obesityJ Gray
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:359-64. 2007The neurotrophin receptor TrkB has been implicated in the regulation of energy homeostasis in rodents...
- Immunohistochemical evidence of seizure-induced activation of trkB receptors in the mossy fiber pathway of adult mouse hippocampusXiao Ping He
Department of Medicine Neurology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosci 22:7502-8. 2002Genetic and pharmacological perturbations suggest that tyrosine receptor kinase B (trkB) receptor activation promotes limbic epileptogenesis, but whether or where trkB activation occurs during epileptogenesis is uncertain...
- Naturally occurring truncated trkB receptors have dominant inhibitory effects on brain-derived neurotrophic factor signalingF F Eide
Department of Neurology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 16:3123-9. 1996b>trkB encodes a receptor tyrosine kinase activated by three neurotrophins--brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), neurotrophin-3, and neurotrophin-4/5...
- [Expression of the neurotrophin-receptor TrkB predicts outcome in nephroblastomas: results of a pilot-study]A Eggert
Universitätskinderklinik Essen, Abteilung für Hämatologie Onkologie, Germany
Klin Padiatr 213:191-6. 2001The neurotrophin-receptor TrkB plays an important role in pathogenesis, biology and prognosis of neuroblastoma...
- Circadian variations in expression of the trkB receptor in adult rat hippocampusClaudia Dolci
Dipartimento di Anatomia Umana, Universita di Milano, Via Mangiagalli 31, Milan I 20133, Italy
Brain Res 994:67-72. 2003..neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the central nervous system (CNS) and the expression of its high-affinity trkB receptor on neuron surfaces are known to depend on neuron activity...
- Truncated TrkB receptor-induced outgrowth of dendritic filopodia involves the p75 neurotrophin receptorMatthias Hartmann
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Duesbergweg 6, 55128 Mainz, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:5803-14. 2004..The neurotrophin BDNF and its cognate receptor tyrosine kinase, TrkB.FL, are highly expressed in neurons of the central nervous system...
- Expression of TrkB receptor isoforms in the developing avian visual systemA S Garner
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4975, USA
J Neurosci 16:1740-52. 1996The expression of novel TrkB receptor transcripts has been characterized to understand the potentially diverse roles of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) in the developing avian visual system...
- Decreased neurotrophin TrkB receptor expression reduces lesion size in the apolipoprotein E-null mutant mouseRosemary Kraemer
Department of Pathology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Circulation 112:3644-53. 2005..the Trk receptor tyrosine kinases, are potent chemotactic factors for smooth muscle cells, and the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its cognate receptor, TrkB, is upregulated in human atherosclerotic lesions.
- Cyclotraxin-B, the first highly potent and selective TrkB inhibitor, has anxiolytic properties in miceMaxime Cazorla
Neurobiology and Molecular Pharmacology, Centre de Psychiatrie et de Neurosciences, UMR 894 INSERM Université Paris Descartes, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 5:e9777. 2010..Numerous studies suggest that targeting BDNF and its TrkB receptor could be a promising therapeutic strategy for the treatment of brain disorders...
- Cholesterol loss enhances TrkB signaling in hippocampal neurons aging in vitroMauricio G Martin
VIB and Department of Human Genetics, Catholic University of Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Mol Biol Cell 19:2101-12. 2008Binding of the neurotrophin brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) to the TrkB receptor is a major survival mechanism during embryonic development...
- Regulation by nicotine of Gpr51 and Ntrk2 expression in various rat brain regionsDongxiao Sun
Section of Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22911, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:110-6. 2007....
- Regulation of TrkB receptor tyrosine kinase and its internalization by neuronal activity and Ca2+ influxJing Du
Section on Neural Development and Plasticity, Laboratory of Cellular and Synaptic Neurophysiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4480, USA
J Cell Biol 163:385-95. 2003..that neuronal activity facilitates the internalization of the receptor for brain-derived neurotrophic factor, TrkB, by potentiating its tyrosine kinase activity...
- TrkB gene transfer does not alter hippocampal neuronal loss and cognitive deficits following traumatic brain injury in miceValeria Conte
Traumatic Brain Injury Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Restor Neurol Neurosci 26:45-56. 2008..Because TBI can result in decreased expression of the trkB receptor, thereby preventing BDNF from exerting potential neuroprotective effects, the contribution of both BDNF ..
- Regional- and age-dependent reduction in trkB receptor expression in the hippocampus is associated with altered spine morphologiesOliver Von Bohlen Und Halbach
Department of Neuroanatomy, Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 59:793-800. 2006..Decreased brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) levels seem to contribute to depression. Through its receptor trkB, BDNF is also involved in hippocampal LTP and hippocampus-dependent learning...
- A selective TrkB agonist with potent neurotrophic activities by 7,8-dihydroxyflavoneSung Wuk Jang
Department of Pathology, Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2687-92. 2010Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a cognate ligand for the tyrosine kinase receptor B (TrkB) receptor, mediates neuronal survival, differentiation, synaptic plasticity, and neurogenesis...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor effects on oligodendrocyte progenitors of the basal forebrain are mediated through trkB and the MAP kinase pathwayAshlee Van't Veer
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Neurosci Res 87:69-78. 2009..increases the differentiation of basal forebrain (BF) oligodendrocytes (OLGs) in culture through the mediation of trkB and the MAPK pathway (Du et al. [ 2006a, b] Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 31:366-375; J. Neurosci. Res. 84:1692-1702)...
- Depolarization and cAMP elevation rapidly recruit TrkB to the plasma membrane of CNS neuronsA Meyer Franke
Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Neurobiology, California 94305, USA
Neuron 21:681-93. 1998Here, we describe a novel mechanism for the rapid regulation of surface levels of the neurotrophin receptor TrkB. Unlike nodose ganglion neurons, both retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) and spinal motor neurons (SMNs) in culture display only ..
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)-induced tropomyosin-related kinase B (Trk B) signaling is a potential therapeutic target for peritoneal carcinomatosis arising from colorectal cancerKoji Tanaka
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e96410. 2014Tropomyosin-related receptor kinase B (TrkB) signaling, stimulated by brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) ligand, promotes tumor progression, and is related to the poor prognosis of various malignancies...
- Resistance to chemotherapy mediated by TrkB in neuroblastomasRuth Ho
Division of Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 4318, USA
Cancer Res 62:6462-6. 2002..the receptor for nerve growth factor (NGF), whereas unfavorable, MYCN-amplified neuroblastomas usually express TrkB and its ligand, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)...
- TrkB expression at the neuromuscular junction is reduced during agingKirkwood E Personius
Program in Neuroscience, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
Muscle Nerve 47:532-8. 2013Full-length tyrosine kinase B (TrkB.FL) and truncated TrkB (TrkB.t1) receptors are colocalized with acetylcholine receptors (AChRs) at the neuromuscular junction...
- Neuregulin-1β regulates tyrosine kinase receptor expression in cultured dorsal root ganglion neurons with excitotoxicity induced by glutamateWeiming Yue
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Shandong University Qilu Hospital, Jinan 250012, China
Regul Pept 180:33-42. 2013..Three members of tyrosine kinase receptor (Trk) family, TrkA, TrkB, and TrkC, have been identified in DRG neurons...
- Am80 induces neuronal differentiation via increased tropomyosin-related kinase B expression in a human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cell lineHideo Shiohira
Department of Immunological and Molecular Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Fukuoka University, 8 19 1 Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
Biomed Res 33:291-7. 2012..ATRA treatment causes neuronal differentiation by inducing tropomyosin-related kinase B (TrkB) expression and increasing the sensitivity to brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a TrkB ligand...
- The release of glutamate from cortical neurons regulated by BDNF via the TrkB/Src/PLC-γ1 pathwayZitao Zhang
Department of Spine Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
J Cell Biochem 114:144-51. 2013..Hence, we isolated and cultured the cortical neurons of Sprague Dawley rats. Specific inhibitors of TrkB, Src, PLC-γ1, Akt, and MEK1/2 (i.e...
- Amyloid beta selectively modulates neuronal TrkB alternative transcript expression with implications for Alzheimer's diseaseJ Wong
Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong, NSW 2522, Australia
Neuroscience 210:363-74. 2012Dysregulation in brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)/full-length TrkB (TrkB-TK+) signaling is implicated in promoting neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Fine-tuning roles of endogenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor, TrkB and sortilin in colorectal cancer cell survivalHussein Akil
Universite de Limoges, Laboratoire EA 3842, Homéostasie Cellulaire et Pathologies, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Limoges, France
PLoS ONE 6:e25097. 2011..They were recently detected in some cancers in association with invasiveness, but the function of these tyrosine kinase receptors was not previously investigated in colorectal cancer (CRC) cells...
- A TrkB small molecule partial agonist rescues TrkB phosphorylation deficits and improves respiratory function in a mouse model of Rett syndromeDanielle A Schmid
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 32:1803-10. 2012..the hypotheses that BDNF deficits in Mecp2 mutants are associated with reduced activation of the BDNF receptor, TrkB, and that pharmacologic activation of TrkB would improve respiratory function...
- Upregulation of hippocampal TrkB and synaptotagmin is involved in treadmill exercise-enhanced aversive memory in miceYu Fan Liu
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Neurobiol Learn Mem 90:81-9. 2008..for quantifying the hippocampal levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), tropomyosin-related kinase B (TrkB, the BDNF receptor), synaptotagmin (a Ca(2+)-dependent synaptic vesicle protein), and SNAP-25 (a presynaptic ..
- Expression of BDNF, TrkB, and p53 in early-stage squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervixAhrim Moon
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul, Korea
Pathology 43:453-8. 2011b>TrkB and BDNF play a critical role in cancer invasion and metastasis...
- Genetic association of neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor type 2 (NTRK2) With Alzheimer's diseaseZuomin Chen
Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Public Health, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:363-9. 2008..The NTRK family encodes the receptors TRKA, TRKB, and TRKC, to which the neurotrophins, nerve growth factor (NGF), BDNF and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) bind, respectively,..
- A Twist-Snail axis critical for TrkB-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition-like transformation, anoikis resistance, and metastasisMarjon A Smit
Division of Molecular Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biol 29:3722-37. 2009..anoikis suppression screen for metastasis genes, we previously identified the neurotrophic receptor tyrosine kinase TrkB. In mouse xenografts, activated TrkB caused highly invasive and metastatic tumors...
- TrkB signaling is required for both the induction and maintenance of tissue and nerve injury-induced persistent painXidao Wang
Department of Anatomy and W M Keck Foundation Center for Integrative Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Neurosci 29:5508-15. 2009..a chemical-genetic and pharmacological approach to study the contribution of the receptor tyrosine kinase, type 2 (TrkB) to the generation and maintenance of injury-induced persistent pain...
- Gene-gene interactions among CHRNA4, CHRNB2, BDNF, and NTRK2 in nicotine dependenceMing D Li
Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22911, USA
Biol Psychiatry 64:951-7. 2008....
- Therapeutic Approaches for Extinction of Conditioned Drug RewardGary B Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our aims will examine the BDNF and neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor (TrkB) receptor mechanisms in mesolimbic dopamine and prefrontal cortical neurons during COR and its extinction...
- Pharmacological strategies to improve breathing after cervical spinal cord injuryFRANCIS GOLDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..A2a-induced phrenic motor facilitation requires TrkB receptor phosphorylation but does not require the TrkB ligand, BDNF...
- Neuroplasticity with alcohol dependenceScott C Steffensen; Fiscal Year: 2013..and receptor expression, as well as the role of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) tyrosine kinase B (TrkB) receptors in mediating the functional switch of GABA(A)Rs during ethanol dependence...
- Signaling Mechanisms in Alcohol Drinking BehaviorsSubhash C Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is also unknown how the expression of Arc and various exons of BDNF and its receptor, tyrosine kinase B (trkB)-linked signaling [cAMP responsive-element binding protein (CREB) and extracellular regulated protein kinases 1/2 (..
- Auditory Neuroprotection by Small Molecule Agonists of the TrkB ReceptorKeqiang Ye; Fiscal Year: 2013..These compounds readily crossed the blood brain barrier and into the cochlea. They activated TrkB receptors at extremely low concentrations...
- Antidepressants and Intracellular Signaling Linked to BDNFLisa M Monteggia; Fiscal Year: 2013..neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is the most prevalent neurotrophin in brain;via actions on its high affinity trkB receptor it enhances the survival of many types of central neurons and is implicated in several forms of neural ..
- Ontogenic factors in adolescent-emergent depression and decision-makingSHANNON LEIGH GOURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..critical to postnatal structural refinement: Brain-derived Neurotrophic Factor binding to the high- affinity trkB receptor and formation of the p120RasGAP-p190RhoGAP signaling complex...
- Role of TrkB receptor and its signaling pathways in cocaine reward and addictionNICOLE RENEE BUZIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..in the propensity for relapse, the proposed research will examine the role of tropomyosin-related kinase B (TrkB) receptors and its distinct signaling pathways in cocaine addiction...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor induced weight loss: neural mechanismsChuanfeng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary data on potential mechanisms of BDNF effects indicate that: 1) blockade of BDNF binding to TrkB receptor attenuates BDNF-inhibited feeding;2) blockade of CRH receptor (CRHR) signaling attenuates BDNF-inhibited ..
- Mechanisms of Valproic Acid-Induced Neurodevelopmental and Behavioral DefectsElizabeth M Powell; Fiscal Year: 2013..interneurons are altered by embryonic exposure to VPA;and 3) the role of altered BDNF signaling, through the trkB receptor, in mediating the effects of VPA on embryonic forebrain neurogenesis and cognition...
- Neurotrophin receptor regulation of taste developmentLiliana Minichiello; Fiscal Year: 2012..two neurotrophins, BDNF and NT4, can influence various aspects of neural innervation through the same receptors, TrkB and p75...
- Huntington's Disease and the StriatumMichelle E Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2010..And 2) Does loss of striatal brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) function via deletion of post-synaptic trkB receptors in the adult exacerbate an HD phenotype in a mouse model? Using this new mouse model and the knowledge of ..
- BDNF and Spine-Realted Disorders of Memory and CognitionChristine M Gall; Fiscal Year: 2013..rodent models;iii) test if chronic up-regulation of BDNF protein content increases signaling through BDNF's TrkB receptor and actin regulatory cascades as assessed in vitro and in vivo;and iv) test the prediction that the latter ..
- Presynaptic Mechanisms of Lead NeurotoxicityTomas R Guilarte; Fiscal Year: 2013..we propose to 1) characterize the effects of low [Pb2+] exposure on BDNF gene expression, promoter methylation and TrkB receptor activation, and 2) test the ability of an enriched environment, exogenous intraventricular BDNF infusion ..
- Translation regulation of BDNF in brain functionYue Feng; Fiscal Year: 2013..is a key player that governs neuronal survival, differentiation and synaptic plasticity via activation of the TrkB receptor...
- SYNAPTIC INTERACTIONS AND MECHANISMS IN THE RETINADAVID RICHARD COPENHAGEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Factor) is down regulated by visual deprivation and it plays a critical role, through activation of the TrkB receptor, in governing the refinement of more diffuse dendritic arbors of ON-OFF type ganglion cells into more ..
- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of REM SleepSubimal Datta; Fiscal Year: 2013..by the interaction between brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) receptors (tropomyosin-related kinase B [TrkB]) and extracellular signal-regulated kinase1/2 (ERK1/2) signaling in the CCC-PPT and SubCD...
- Recovery of Respiratory Function After Spinal Cord InjuryGary C Sieck; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., brain- derived neurotrophic factor - BDNF) acting through tropomyosin related kinase receptors (e.g., TrkB) play an important role in neuroplasticity...
- Novel neurotrophic therapy in a mouse model of ALSAlpaslan Dedeoglu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most recently, 7,8-DHF was shown to bind with high affinity to the TrkB receptor and provoke its dimerization and autophosphorylation, leading to downstream-signaling cascade activation...
- Effects of TrkB Activation on Abnormalities in Neocortical FS InterneuronsDAVID ALLAN PRINCE; Fiscal Year: 2013..A neurotrophic protein BDNF, and its receptor TrkB, are important for development, growth and maintenance of interneurons, and are reduced in the injured area, ..
- Udall Parkinson's Disease Center at Emory University: Circuitry to TherapyTHOMAS N WICHMANN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 3 (Dr. Miller) is a series of translational experiments that examine the use of orally active TrkB receptor agonists as symptomatic or neurorestorative treatment for Parkinson's disease in different rodent and ..
- BDNF/TrkB Regulates Actin Signaling with LTPLulu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research will investigate the role of endogenous BDNF signaling via its TrkB receptor in activity-induced remodeling of the dendritic spine actin cytoskeleton and synapse size in association ..
- The role of TrkB signaling in the survival and function of striatal neurons.Maryna Baydyuk; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this application, we will investigate the role of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) signaling via its TrkB tyrosine kinase receptor in the survival, maintenance, development, and function of different neuronal populations ..
- ROLE OF BDNF IN THE PHOTIC CONTROL OF CIRCADIAN RHYTHMSDavid Earnest; Fiscal Year: 2003..determine: whether retinohypothalamic tract (RHT) fibers innervating the SCN or cells receiving RHT input express TrkB tyrosine kinase receptors, the cognate receptor for BDNF, using imunochistochemical and tract tracing methods and ..
- Presynaptic Structural Plasticity in the Amygdala with Fear ConditioningAMY LOUISE MAHAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..Finally, in Aim 3) we will examine whether presynaptic TrkB is mechanistically implicated in the structural changes by constructing a virus that expresses both dominant ..
- Visualizing synaptic circuitry in the retinaXandra Breakefield; Fiscal Year: 2006..virion will be replaced with BDNF to increase infection of retinal ganglion cells that express high levels of the TrkB receptor on their cell surface...
- Supraspinal BDNF Signaling Modulates NociceptionSUSAN DORSEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..A key regulator of LTP is BDNF, which exerts its effects by activating the tyrosine kinase receptor trkB. The trkB locus also produces a truncated receptor (T1) that inhibits BDNF signaling...
- TrkB & Synapse Elimination in the Developing CerebellumErin Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..on investigating the maturation of the climbing fiber-Purkinje cell synapse and to test the hypothesis that the TrkB receptor plays a role in regulating the switch from multiple to single climbing fiber innervation of Purkinje cells ..
- FUNCTION OF RETINAL TRKB RECEPTOR ISOFORMSRICHARD ZIGMOND; Fiscal Year: 1999..The actions of BDNF are mediated principally by the trkB receptor, expressed widely in the retina, tectum and other visual nuclei...
- Regulation of food intake and body weight by dendritically synthesized BDNFBaoji Xu; Fiscal Year: 2009Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and its TrkB receptor have been implicated in the control of energy balance in both humans and mice...
- Central Action of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor in Male and Female RatsHaifei Shi; Fiscal Year: 2010..conditionally deleting the BDNF gene or reducing expression of its specific receptor tropomyosin- related kinase B (TrkB) leads to hyperphagia and obesity, with females having more potent phenotypes and developing more severe obesity ..
- MECHANISMS OF INCONTINENCE FOLLOWING VAGINAL DISTENSIONMargot S Damaser; Fiscal Year: 2010..to determine the time course and extent of changes in local blood flow, tissue hypoxia, NMJs, and BDNF, NT-4, and trkB (the receptor for both BDNF and NT-4) expression in the genitourinary organs due to vaginal distensions of ..
- GROWTH FACTORS IN MAMMALIAN EYE DEVELOPMENTJeffrey Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2002..First, the cell specific expression of BDNF and NT-3 and their respective receptors. TrkB and TrkC, will be examined in the neuroretina, lens, ciliary body, and cornea...
- TrkB Agonist(s), a Potential Therapy for Autism Spectrum DisordersYi Eve Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, number of TrkB agonist molecules does not cross blood-brain-barrier. Recently, work by our collaborator, Dr...