Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TRAX
Description: translin associated factor X
Alias: TRAX, translin-associated protein X, translin-like protein
- Isolation and characterization of a cDNA encoding a Translin-like protein, TRAXK Aoki
Department of Immunology, National Institute of Health, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
FEBS Lett 401:109-12. 1997..interacts with other proteins using a yeast two-hybrid system and identified an associated 33 kd protein partner, TRAX, with extensive amino acid homology...
- Structure of C3PO and mechanism of human RISC activationXuecheng Ye
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:650-7. 2011..the crystal structure of hC3PO, which reveals an asymmetric octamer barrel consisting of six translin and two TRAX subunits...
- DNA damage-dependent interaction of the nuclear matrix protein C1D with Translin-associated factor X (TRAX)Tuba Erdemir
Bilkent University, Molecular Biology and Genetics Department, 06533, Bilkent, Ankara, Turkey
J Cell Sci 115:207-16. 2002..employed the yeast two-hybrid system and found that C1D interacts specifically with Translin-associated factor X, TRAX. Although the biological function of TRAX remains unknown, its bipartite nuclear targeting sequences suggest a role ..
- Trax (translin-associated factor X), a primarily cytoplasmic protein, inhibits the binding of TB-RBP (translin) to RNAV M Chennathukuzhi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6142, USA
J Biol Chem 276:13256-63. 2001b>Trax (Translin-associated factor X) has been shown to interact with TB-RBP/Translin by its coimmunoprecipitation and in yeast two-hybrid assays...
- Co-expressed recombinant human Translin-Trax complex binds DNAGagan D Gupta
Synchrotron Radiation Section, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai 400 085, India
FEBS Lett 579:3141-6. 2005b>Trax, expressed alone aggregates into insoluble complexes, whereas upon co-expression with Translin becomes readily soluble and forms a stable heteromeric complex ( approximately 430 kDa) containing both proteins at nearly equimolar ratio...
- Translin-associated factor X is post-transcriptionally regulated by its partner protein TB-RBP, and both are essential for normal cell proliferationShicheng Yang
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1310 Biomedical Research Building II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6142, USA
J Biol Chem 279:12605-14. 2004..Reintroduction of TB-RBP remedies this defect. A partner protein of TB-RBP, Translin-associated factor X (TRAX), was absent in TB-RBP-deficient MEFs, despite normal TRAX mRNA levels...
- A druggable target for rescuing microRNA defectsKen Asada
Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 26:4942-4946. 2016..We previously identified the Translin/Trax (TN/TX) ribonuclease complex as a pre-miRNA degrading enzyme that competes with pre-miRNA processing by Dicer...
- Phospholipase Cβ1 is linked to RNA interference of specific genes through translin-associated factor XFinly Philip
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8661, USA
FASEB J 26:4903-13. 2012..We have previously found that in solution PLCβ1 binds to the RNA processing protein translin-associated factor X (TRAX) with nanomolar affinity and that this binding competes with G proteins...
- A genome-wide approach to screen for genetic variants in broilers (Gallus gallus) with divergent feed conversion ratioTejas M Shah
Department of Animal Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Anand Agricultural University, Anand, 388 001, Gujarat, India
Mol Genet Genomics 291:1715-25. 2016..These findings should facilitate the discovery of causative variants for FCR and contribute to marker-assisted selection. ..
- Rapid reversal of translational silencing: Emerging role of microRNA degradation pathways in neuronal plasticityXiuPing Fu
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 725 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, United States
Neurobiol Learn Mem 133:225-32. 2016..we present an overview of several molecular pathways implicated in mediating microRNA degradation: Lin-28, translin/trax, and MCPIP1...
- Tranexamic acid administration to pediatric trauma patients in a combat setting: the pediatric trauma and tranexamic acid study (PED-TRAX)Matthew J Eckert
From the Department of Surgery, Madigan Army Medical Center, M J E, D W N, M J M, Tacoma Washington Trauma and Acute Care Surgery Service, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, S I, M J M, Portland, Oregon and Department of Surgery, William Beaumont Army Medical Center, T M W, El Paso and US Army Institute of Surgical Research, S D T, San Antonio, Texas
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 77:852-8; discussion 858. 2014..It has also shown significantly reduced blood loss and transfusion requirements in major elective pediatric surgery, but no published data have examined the use of TXA in pediatric trauma...
- Low-resolution structure of Drosophila translinVinay Kumar
High Pressure and Synchrotron Radiation Physics Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai 400085, India
FEBS Open Bio 2:37-46. 2012..The similar octameric quaternary fold in translin orthologs and in translin-TRAX complexes suggests an up-down dimer as the basic structural subunit of translin-like proteins...
- Gender-specific association of TSNAX/DISC1 locus for schizophrenia and bipolar affective disorder in South Indian populationAnjanappa Ram Murthy
Department of Psychiatry, Molecular Genetics Laboratory, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore, India
J Hum Genet 57:523-30. 2012..Our results provide further evidence for sex-dependent effects of the TSNAX/DISC1 locus in the aetiology of SCZ and BPAD...
- Hydrolysis rates of different small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) by the RNA silencing promoter complex, C3PO, determines their regulation by phospholipase CβShriya Sahu
From the Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8661
J Biol Chem 289:5134-44. 2014..C3PO consists of two subunits of the endonuclease translin-associated factor X (TRAX) and six subunits of the nucleotide-binding protein translin...
- Identification of proteins that form specific complexes with the highly conserved protein Translin in Schizosaccharomyces pombeElad Eliahoo
Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Biochim Biophys Acta 1844:767-77. 2014Translin is a single-stranded DNA and RNA binding protein that has a high affinity for G-rich sequences. TRAX is a Translin paralog that associates with Translin. Both Translin and TRAX were highly conserved in eukaryotes...
- Simulations of dose enhancement for heavy atom nanoparticles irradiated by protonsC Wälzlein
GSI Helmholtzzentrum fur Schwerionenforschung GmbH, Planckstraße 1, D 64291 Darmstadt, Germany Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies FIAS, Ruth Moufang Str 1, D 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany Technische Universität Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany
Phys Med Biol 59:1441-58. 2014..consisting of different high Z atomic materials has been investigated using the track structure Monte Carlo code TRAX. In the simulations, Fe, Ag, Gd, Pt and Au nanoparticles (r = 22 and 2 nm) were irradiated with monoenergetic ..
- [Association study of LIS1 and TSNAX genes with bipolar disorder in Chinese Han population]Xuan Li
Early Intervention Department of Guangzhou Brain Hospital Affiliated to Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510370, P R China email
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 31:357-61. 2014..To assess the association of neural development-related genes LIS1and TSNAX with bipolar disorder in a Chinese Han population...
- ABCE1 is a highly conserved RNA silencing suppressorKairi Kärblane
Department of Gene Technology, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia Competence Centre for Cancer Research, Tallinn, Estonia
PLoS ONE 10:e0116702. 2015..In addition, one of the identified proteins is translin, which together with its binding partner TRAX supports RNA interference.
- DISC1-TSNAX and DAOA genes in major depression and citalopram efficacyBárbara Arias
Unitat d Antropologia Dep de Biologia Animal Facultat de Biologia and Institut de Biomedicina, Universitat de Barcelona IBUB, Barcelona, Spain Centro de Investigaciones Biomédicas en Red de Salud Mental CIBERSAM, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
J Affect Disord 168:91-7. 2014....
- Globo-H ceramide shed from cancer cells triggers translin-associated factor X-dependent angiogenesisJing Yan Cheng
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan Institute of Stem Cell and Translational Cancer Research, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Cancer Res 74:6856-66. 2014..Mechanistic investigations linked the angiogenic effects of GHCer to its endocytosis and binding to TRAX, with consequent release of PLCβ1 from TRAX to trigger Ca(2+) mobilization...
- Identification of nucleic acid binding sites on translin-associated factor X (TRAX) proteinGagan Deep Gupta
High Pressure and Synchrotron Radiation Physics Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India
PLoS ONE 7:e33035. 2012Translin and TRAX proteins play roles in very important cellular processes such as DNA recombination, spatial and temporal expression of mRNA, and in siRNA processing...
- The membrane protein MiRP3 regulates Kv4.2 channels in a KChIP-dependent mannerDaniel I Levy
Department of Medicine, Biological Sciences Division, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Physiol 588:2657-68. 2010..Thus, regional heterogeneity in cardiac expression of MiRP3, Kv4.2 and KChIP2 in health and disease may establish the local attributes and magnitude of cardiac I(to)...
- Identification and characterization of genes related to the development of breast muscles in Pekin duckTieshan Xu
State Key Laboratory of Animal Nutrition Science, Institute of Animal Science, CAAS, No 2, Yuanmingyuan West Road, Haidian, 100193 Beijing, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:7647-55. 2012....
- The translin-TRAX complex (C3PO) is a ribonuclease in tRNA processingLiande Li
Department of Physiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:824-30. 2012Conserved translin-TRAX complexes, also known as C3POs, have been implicated in many biological processes, but how they function remains unclear...
- Structural basis for duplex RNA recognition and cleavage by Archaeoglobus fulgidus C3POEneida A Parizotto
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 20:380-6. 2013Oligomeric complexes of Trax and Translin proteins, known as C3POs, participate in several eukaryotic nucleic acid metabolism pathways, including RNA interference and tRNA processing...
- Nanolesions induced by heavy ions in human tissues: Experimental and theoretical studiesMarcus Bleicher
Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies FIAS, Ruth Moufang Str 1, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany Institut für Theoretische Physik, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Max von Laue Str 1, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Beilstein J Nanotechnol 3:556-63. 2012..Initial steps in the modeling of the energy deposition patterns at the micrometer and nanometer scale were made with MCHIT and TRAX models, respectively.
- Molecular evolution of translin superfamily proteins within the genomes of eubacteria, archaea and eukaryotesGagan D Gupta
High Pressure and Synchrotron Radiation Physics Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, India
J Mol Evol 75:155-67. 2012Translin and its interacting partner protein, TRAX, are members of the translin superfamily...
- Translin associated protein X is essential for cellular proliferationShicheng Yang
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6142, USA
FEBS Lett 576:221-5. 2004..reduce expression of an exogenously expressed gene, GFP and the endogenous protein, Translin-associated factor X (TRAX), in stably transfected Hela cell lines. The reduction of TRAX in Hela cells causes reduced cell proliferation...
- Human brain imaging studies of DISC1 in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression: a systematic reviewBarbara J Duff
University of Edinburgh, Division of Psychiatry, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Edinburgh EH10 5HF, United Kingdom
Schizophr Res 147:1-13. 2013..DISC1 interactions with translin-associated factor X (TRAX) and neuregulin have been shown to influence several regional volumes...
- High affinity binding of the Translin/Trax complex to RNA does not require the presence of Y or H elementsZhi Li
Department of Neuroscience and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 120:123-9. 2004Translin and its partner protein, Trax, are components of an RNA binding complex that has been implicated in suppressing translation of several mRNAs by binding to Y and H cis elements contained in these transcripts...
- Catalytic domain of plasmid pAD1 relaxase TraX defines a group of relaxases related to restriction endonucleasesMaria Victoria Francia
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Marqués de Valdecilla e Instituto de Formación e Investigación Marqués de Valdecilla, Santander 39008, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:13606-11. 2013..The relaxase TraX and the primary origin of transfer oriT2 are located close to each other and have been shown to be essential for ..
- Role of phospholipase C-β in RNA interferenceFinly Philip
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8661, USA
Adv Biol Regul 53:319-30. 2013..the factors that localize PLCβ to the cytosol and nucleus, we have recently identified the binding partner, TRAX. TRAX is a nuclease and part of the machinery involved in RNA interference...
- Trax is a component of the Translin-containing RNA binding complexPatricia M Finkenstadt
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Neurochem 83:202-10. 2002..In previous studies, we found that Translin and its partner protein, Trax, are components of a gel-shift complex that is highly enriched in brain extracts...
- Transfer origins in the conjugative Enterococcus faecalis plasmids pAD1 and pAM373: identification of the pAD1 nic site, a specific relaxase and a possible TraG-like proteinM Victoria Francia
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, School of Dentistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Mol Microbiol 45:375-95. 2002..Analyses showed that Orf57 (to be called TraX) is the relaxase, which was found to induce a specific nick in the large inverted repeat inside oriT; the protein ..
- Isolation and characterization of the mouse translin-associated protein X (Trax) geneR S Devon
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Mamm Genome 11:395-8. 2000
- C3PO, an endoribonuclease that promotes RNAi by facilitating RISC activationYing Liu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Science 325:750-3. 2009..system to purify an RNAi regulator that we term C3PO (component 3 promoter of RISC), a complex of Translin and Trax. C3PO is a Mg2+-dependent endoribonuclease that promotes RISC activation by removing siRNA passenger strand ..
- Translin-associated factor X gene (TSNAX) may be associated with female major depressive disorder in the Japanese populationAkiko Okuda
Department of Psychiatry, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, 470 1192, Japan
Neuromolecular Med 12:78-85. 2010..Our results suggest that rs766288 in TSNAX may play a role in the pathophysiology of female MDD in the Japanese population. A replication study using larger samples may be required for conclusive results, since our sample size was small...
- DISC1 splice variants are upregulated in schizophrenia and associated with risk polymorphismsKenji Nakata
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, Division of Intramural Research Programs, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1385, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15873-8. 2009..Our results implicate a molecular mechanism of genetic risk associated with DISC1 involving specific alterations in gene processing...
- Mapping of interaction sites of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe protein Translin with nucleic acids and proteins: a combined molecular genetics and bioinformatics studyElad Eliahoo
Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
Nucleic Acids Res 38:2975-89. 2010..b>TRAX is a Translin paralog associated with Translin, which has coevolved with it...
- Analysis of nucleic acid binding by a recombinant translin-trax complexMatthew Lluis
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 396:709-13. 2010..Translin has a partner protein, translin-associated factor x (trax), which is believed to regulate translin's subcellular locale and affinity for certain RNA and DNA sequences...
- The A2A adenosine receptor rescues neuritogenesis impaired by p53 blockage via KIF2A, a kinesin family memberChung Nan Sun
Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Dev Neurobiol 70:604-21. 2010..We previously reported that the C terminus of the A2AR binds to translin-associated protein X (TRAX) and modulates nerve growth factor (NGF)-evoked neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells...
- Biological roles of translin and translin-associated factor-X: RNA metabolism comes to the foreAlessa Jaendling
North West Cancer Research Fund Institute, College of Natural Sciences, Bangor University, Memorial Building, Deiniol Road, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2UW, United Kingdom
Biochem J 429:225-34. 2010Translin, and its binding partner protein TRAX (translin-associated factor-X) are a paralogous pair of conserved proteins, which have been implicated in a broad spectrum of biological activities, including cell growth regulation, mRNA ..
- Identification of a novel binding partner of phospholipase cβ1: translin-associated factor XOmozuanvbo R Aisiku
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e15001. 2010..Here, we identified a novel binding partner, translin-associated factor X (TRAX). TRAX is a cytosolic protein that can transit into the nucleus...
- Dendritic trafficking of brain-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA: regulation by translin-dependent and -independent mechanismsYen Ching Wu
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurochem 116:1112-21. 2011..We have found that translin and its partner protein, trax, undergo dendritic translocation in response to treatment with pilocarpine, a pro-convulsant muscarinic agonist ..
- Protein kinase C phosphorylation of PLCβ1 regulates its cellular localizationOmozuanvbo Aisiku
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8661, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 509:186-90. 2011..with similar rates and also interact identically with another known binding partner, translin-associated factor X (TRAX), which associates with PLCβ1 in the cytosol and nucleus...
- Multimeric assembly and biochemical characterization of the Trax-translin endonuclease complexYuan Tian
Structural Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:658-64. 2011b>Trax-translin heteromers, also known as C3PO, have been proposed to activate the RNA-induced silencing complex (RISC) by facilitating endonucleolytic cleavage of the siRNA passenger strand...
- Lack of association between translin-associated factor X gene (TSNAX) and methamphetamine dependence in the Japanese populationTaro Kishi
Department of Psychiatry Research, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, NY 11004, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 35:1618-22. 2011..TSNAX is located immediately upstream of DISC1 and has been shown to undergo intergenic splicing with DISC1. Based on this evidence, we hypothesized that TSNAX might be a good candidate gene for methamphetamine dependence...
- Association of distinct allelic haplotypes of DISC1 with psychotic and bipolar spectrum disorders and with underlying cognitive impairmentsOuti M Palo
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Insitute, Helsinki, Finland
Hum Mol Genet 16:2517-28. 2007..Finding of alternative associating haplotypes in the same set of BPD families gives evidence for allelic heterogeneity within DISC1, eventually leading to heterogeneity in the clinical outcome as well...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae C1D is implicated in both non-homologous DNA end joining and homologous recombinationTuba Erdemir
Bikent University, Molecular Biology and Genetics Department, Ankara, Turkey
Mol Microbiol 46:947-57. 2002..Recently, it was demonstrated that C1D can also interact with TRAX and prevent the association of TRAX with Translin, a factor known to bind DNA break-point junctions, and that over ..
- Systematic identification and analysis of mammalian small ubiquitin-like modifier substratesChristian B Gocke
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 280:5004-12. 2005..Therefore, sumoylation appears to regulate the functions of its substrates through multiple, context-dependent mechanisms...
- KIF2Abeta: A kinesin family member enriched in mouse male germ cells, interacts with translin associated factor-X (TRAX)Jeffrey D Bray
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6142, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 69:387-96. 2004Translin associated factor X (TRAX) is a binding partner of TB-RBP/Translin...
- Co-localization of Trax and Mea2 in Golgi complex of pachytene spermatocytes in the mouseMiyuki Matsuda
Kanagawa Cancer Center Research Institute, Nakao 1 1 2, Asahi ku, Yokohama 241 0815, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 52:1245-8. 2004..Because Trax was shown to interact with Mea2 in yeast two-hybrid, we investigated the localization of Trax in pachytene ..
- The relative levels of translin-associated factor X (TRAX) and testis brain RNA-binding protein determine their nucleocytoplasmic distribution in male germ cellsYoon Shin Cho
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 279:31514-23. 2004..Translin-associated factor X (TRAX) was identified as a protein that interacts with TB-RBP and is dependent upon TB-RBP for stabilization...
- Identification of Translin/Trax complex as a glucose response element binding protein in liverRu Feng Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern and The Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Box 151, 4500 S Lancaster Rd, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1624:29-35. 2003..to identify GRBP, we purified to homogeneity cytosolic GRBP from rat liver extract and identified it as a Translin/Trax heteromeric complex...
- Haplotype transmission analysis provides evidence of association for DISC1 to schizophrenia and suggests sex-dependent effectsWilliam Hennah
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Hum Mol Genet 12:3151-9. 2003..In this study we genotyped 28 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from 1q42 covering the three candidate genes TRAX, DISC1 and DISC2, using a study sample of 458 Finnish families ascertained for schizophrenia...
- Mice deficient for testis-brain RNA-binding protein exhibit a coordinate loss of TRAX, reduced fertility, altered gene expression in the brain, and behavioral changesVargheese Chennathukuzhi
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, School of Medicine, Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, 1310 Biomedical Research Building II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6142, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6419-34. 2003..Behavioral abnormalities were also seen. Compared to littermates, the TB-RBP-null mice appeared docile and exhibited reduced Rota-Rod performance...
- Evolutionary constraints on the Disrupted in Schizophrenia locusMartin S Taylor
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Genomics 81:67-77. 2003..The amino acid sequence of DISC1 is diverging rapidly, although a putative nuclear localization signal and discrete blocks of coiled coil are specifically conserved features...
- Enterococcal plasmid transfer: sex pheromones, transfer origins, relaxases, and the Staphylococcus aureus issueDon B Clewell
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, School of Dentistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Plasmid 48:193-201. 2002..pAD1 has two origins of transfer, oriT1 and oriT2 and encodes a relaxase (TraX), which has been shown to specifically nick in oriT2. pAM373 has a site, oriT, that is similar to oriT2 of pAD1...
- Emerging importance of Pneumocystis carinii among indian immunosuppressed patientsM S Mathews
Department of Microbiology, CMC Hospital, Vellore 632 004, India
Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 42:323-4. 2000..All these 15 patients had CD4 T cell counts of less than 500 T lymphocyte equivalent (TLE) /ml as measured by a Trax ELISA assay...
- Identification and characterization of cDNAs encoding four novel proteins that interact with translin associated factor-XJeffrey D Bray
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6142, USA
Genomics 79:799-808. 2002Translin-associated factor X (TRAX) is the predominantly cytoplasmic binding partner of TB-RBP/translin in mouse testis...
- Altering the GTP binding site of the DNA/RNA-binding protein, Translin/TB-RBP, decreases RNA binding and may create a dominant negative phenotypeV M Chennathukuzhi
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1310 Biomedical Research Building II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6142, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 29:4433-40. 2001..TB-RBP, TB-RBP(GTP) will interact with itself, with wild-type TB-RBP and with Translin associated factor X (Trax)...
- Genomic structure and chromosomal localization of the gene encoding TRAX, a Translin-associated factor XG Meng
Department of Immunology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
J Hum Genet 45:305-8. 2000The TRAX gene encodes a Translin-associated 33-kDa protein partner, TRAX...
- Part of Xenopus translin is localized in the centrosomes during mitosisA Castro
Centre de Recherches de Biochimie Macromoleculaire, CNRS UPR 1086, 1919 Route de Mende, Montpellier Cedex 5, 34293, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 276:515-23. 2000..expression, its localisation, and its biochemical association with the protein named Translin associated factor X (Trax) in Xenopus oocytes...
- Chromosomal location and genomic structure of the human translin-associated factor X gene (TRAX; TSNAX) revealed by intergenic splicing to DISC1, a gene disrupted by a translocation segregating with schizophreniaJ K Millar
Department of Medical Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Genomics 67:69-77. 2000..Several DISC1 transcripts contain TRAX (HGMW-approved symbol TSNAX) sequence at the 5' end...
- Alu and translisin recognition site sequences flanking translocation sites in a novel type of chimeric bcr-abl transcript suggest a possible general mechanism for bcr-abl breakpointsG Martinelli
Molecular Biology Unit, Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology Seragnoli, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Haematologica 85:40-6. 2000..We further characterized a novel type of chimeric BCR-ABL mRNA transcript detected in a patient with Philadelphia chromosome positive (Ph+) chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)...
- Identification of translin and trax as components of the GS1 strand-specific DNA binding complex enriched in brainE Taira
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurochem 71:471-7. 1998..Sequencing of peptides derived from these proteins led to their identification as Translin and Trax, interacting proteins identified in studies of DNA recombination in lymphocytes...
- The Escherichia coli K-12 F plasmid gene traX is required for acetylation of F pilinD Moore
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
J Bacteriol 175:1375-83. 1993..suffice for synthesis of JEL92-reactive pilin, but synthesis of JEL93-reactive pilin is additionally dependent on traX. We concluded that the traX product is required for acetylation of F pilin...
- Functional characterization of Drosophila Translin and TraxMaike Claussen
Institute of Cell Biology, University of Bern, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Genetics 174:1337-47. 2006..The Translin-associated factor X (Trax) interacts with Translin, and Trax protein stability depends on the presence of Translin...
- Association of DISC1 and TSNAX genes and affective disorders in the depression case-control (DeCC) and bipolar affective case-control (BACCS) studiesA Schosser
MRC SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
Mol Psychiatry 15:844-9. 2010....
- The Translin/Trax RNA binding complex: clues to function in the nervous systemZhi Li
Solomon H Snyder Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:479-85. 2008Translin and Trax are components of an evolutionarily conserved RNA binding complex...
- Functional characterisation of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe homologue of the leukaemia-associated translocation breakpoint binding protein translin and its binding partner, TRAXAlessa Jaendling
North West Cancer Research Fund Institute, University of Wales Bangor, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2UW, United Kingdom
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:203-13. 2008..It has a binding partner, translin-associated protein X (TRAX), levels of which are regulated by the translin protein in higher eukaryotes...
- Translin-associated factor-X (Trax) is a molecular switch of growth-associated protein (GAP)-43 that controls axonal regenerationUwe Schröer
Department of Experimental Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University Eye Hospital Munster, Domagkstrasse 15, 48149 Munster, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 26:2169-78. 2007..Using proteomics, we have identified translin-associated factor X (Trax), a DNA-binding factor that is expressed during this period of postnatal development...
- Sequence and conservation of genes at the distal end of the transfer region on plasmids F and R6-5D S Cram
Department of Microbiology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Gene 104:85-90. 1991..ORF248, which we have designated traX, and ORF186 (finO) are highly conserved on both plasmids...
- Salmonella enterica serotype Typhimurium carrying hybrid virulence-resistance plasmids (pUO-StVR): a new multidrug-resistant group endemic in SpainAna Herrero
Departamento de Biologia Funcional, Area de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, University of Oviedo, C Julián Clavería No 6, E 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Int J Med Microbiol 298:253-61. 2008..2000bp; (iii) the spvC, rck, samA, oriT, traT, traX, repA (RepFIIA), and parA/B genes (but not rsk and pefABCD) of pSLT; (iv) a hybrid plasmid of ca...
- Association of DISC1 with autism and Asperger syndromeH Kilpinen
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Institute, Biomedicum, Helsinki, Finland
Mol Psychiatry 13:187-96. 2008..Here we have addressed the allelic diversity of the DISC1, DISC2 and TRAX genes, clustered in 1q42, in Finnish families ascertained for infantile autism (97 families, n(affected)=138) and ..
- Translin coactivates steroidogenic factor-1-stimulated transcriptionSynthia H Mellon
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0556, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:89-105. 2007..Thus, we have identified a new factor that works together with SF-1 to augment gene transcription in a DNA-specific fashion...
- A 1q42 deletion involving DISC1, DISC2, and TSNAX in an autism spectrum disorderJaime M Williams
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Med Genet A 149:1758-62. 2009....
- Rescue of p53 blockage by the A(2A) adenosine receptor via a novel interacting protein, translin-associated protein XChung Nan Sun
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 11529, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 70:454-66. 2006..the cytoplasmic tail of the A(2A)-R as bait, a novel-A(2A)-R-interacting protein [translin-associated protein X (TRAX)] was identified in a yeast two-hybrid screen...
- Association of DISC1/TRAX haplotypes with schizophrenia, reduced prefrontal gray matter, and impaired short- and long-term memoryTyrone D Cannon
Department of Psychology, 1285 Franz Hall, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1205-13. 2005..Chromosome 1q42 is among several genomic regions showing replicated evidence of linkage with schizophrenia, but the specific susceptibility mechanisms underlying this relationship remain to be identified...
- Risk management strategies in the postmarketing period : safety experience with the US and European bosentan surveillance programmesEleanor S Segal
Department of Global Drug Safety, Drug Regulatory Affairs and Biometry, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Allschwil, Switzerland
Drug Saf 28:971-80. 2005..In Europe, the Tracleer) Excellence (TRAX PMS) database is a novel European non-interventional, prospective, internet-based surveillance system initiated by ..
- A haplotype within the DISC1 gene is associated with visual memory functions in families with a high density of schizophreniaW Hennah
Department of Molecular Medicine, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Mol Psychiatry 10:1097-103. 2005..of four significantly associated haplotypes that specifically implicate the Translin-Associated Factor X (TRAX) and Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 and 2 (DISC1 and DISC2) genes in the genetic etiology of schizophrenia...
- Human MMS21/NSE2 is a SUMO ligase required for DNA repairPatrick Ryan Potts
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9041, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:7021-32. 2005..hMMS21 stimulates sumoylation of hSMC6 and the DNA repair protein TRAX. Depletion of hMMS21 by RNA interference (RNAi) sensitizes HeLa cells toward DNA damage-induced apoptosis...
- Cloning and characterization of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe homologs of the human protein Translin and the Translin-associated protein TRAXOrly Laufman
Department of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology Haifa 32, 000, Israel
Nucleic Acids Res 33:4128-39. 2005..It also binds, with lesser affinities, other single-stranded G-rich DNA and RNA sequences. TRAX is a human protein that bears a homology to Translin and interacts with it...
- Association study of the DISC1/TRAX locus with schizophrenia in a Japanese populationXuan Zhang
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, 113 8655 Japan
Schizophr Res 79:175-80. 2005..In the pedigree, the TRAX gene, located adjacent to DISC1 on the disrupted chromosome 1, may also contribute to the pathophysiology of the ..
- Association between the TRAX/DISC locus and both bipolar disorder and schizophrenia in the Scottish populationP A Thomson
Medical Genetics Section, University of Edinburgh, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Mol Psychiatry 10:657-68, 616. 2005The Translin-associated factor X/Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 (TRAX/DISC) region was first implicated as a susceptibility locus for schizophrenia by analysis of a large Scottish family in which a t(1;11) translocation cosegregates with ..
- SUZANNE F SCARLATA; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have identified a novel protein partner of PLC? translin-associated protein X (TRAX)...
- Biochemical Studies of Drosophila RNA-induced Silencing ComplexQinghua Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..this core RISC reconstitution system was used to purify a novel RNAi activator that consists of Translin and Trax proteins...
- Solomon H Snyder; Fiscal Year: 2016..Baraban deals with how the translin/trax RNAse complex regulates microRNA processing and responses to cocaine with a focus upon (1) Identifying physiologic ..
- GENE EXPRESSION DURING SPERMATOGENESISNORMAN HECHT; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Specific Aim 1 we propose to determine how a TB-RBP interacting protein Trax modulates the nucleic acid binding activity of TB-RBP using transgenesis...
- Structural analysis of TB-RBP, a DNA/RNA-binding proteinJon Robertus; Fiscal Year: 2005..The protein TRAX has also been expressed...
- REGULATION OF REPRODUCTIONSynthia Mellon; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Working Memory and Social Functioning in SchizophreniaTyrone Cannon; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Neural Phenotypes for Schizophrenia and Bipolar DisorderTyrone D Cannon; Fiscal Year: 2010....