Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TRA
Description: T-cell receptor alpha locus
Alias: IMD7, TCRA, TCRD, TRA@, TRAC, T-cell antigen receptor, alpha polypeptide, T-cell receptor, alpha (V,D,J,C)
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Feedforward responses of transversus abdominis are directionally specific and act asymmetrically: implications for core stability theoriesGarry T Allison
School of Physiotherapy, Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 38:228-37. 2008..Experimental laboratory study supplemented with a repeated case study...
- Two human T cell receptors bind in a similar diagonal mode to the HLA-A2/Tax peptide complex using different TCR amino acidsY H Ding
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Immunity 8:403-11. 1998..The existence of a structurally similar diagonal binding mode for TCRs favors mechanisms based on the formation of geometrically defined supramolecular assemblies for initiating signaling...
- Structure of a complex of the human alpha/beta T cell receptor (TCR) HA1.7, influenza hemagglutinin peptide, and major histocompatibility complex class II molecule, HLA-DR4 (DRA*0101 and DRB1*0401): insight into TCR cross-restriction and alloreactivityJens Hennecke
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Exp Med 195:571-81. 2002..7/DR4/HA complex with the structure of DR4 presenting a collagen peptide. This structural study of TCR cross-reactivity emphasizes how MHC sequence differences can affect TCR binding indirectly by moving peptide atoms...
- The 1.5 A crystal structure of a highly selected antiviral T cell receptor provides evidence for a structural basis of immunodominanceLars Kjer-Nielsen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Structure 10:1521-32. 2002..The findings suggest a structural basis for the immunodominance of this clonotype in the immune response to EBV...
- Analysis of the TCR alpha-chain rearrangement profile in human T lymphocytesPatrizia Fuschiotti
Laboratoire d Immunochimie, Commissariat à l Energie Atomique Grenoble Département des Réponses et Dynamique Cellulaire, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U548, Grenoble, France
Mol Immunol 44:3380-8. 2007....
- Narcolepsy is strongly associated with the T-cell receptor alpha locusJoachim Hallmayer
Center for Sleep Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California, USA
Nat Genet 41:708-11. 2009..with replication in three ethnic groups, we found association between narcolepsy and polymorphisms in the TRA@ (T-cell receptor alpha) locus, with highest significance at rs1154155 (average allelic odds ratio 1...
- Genome-wide association study identifies new HLA class II haplotypes strongly protective against narcolepsyHyun Hor
Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
Nat Genet 42:786-9. 2010..Cases almost never carried a trans DRB1*1301-DQB1*0603 haplotype (odds ratio = 0.02; P < 6 x 10(-14)). This unexpected protective HLA haplotype suggests a virtually causal involvement of the HLA region in narcolepsy susceptibility...
- Conformational melding permits a conserved binding geometry in TCR recognition of foreign and self molecular mimicsOleg Y Borbulevych
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
J Immunol 186:2950-8. 2011....
- A ubiquitin ligase-associated chaperone holdase maintains polypeptides in soluble states for proteasome degradationQiuyan Wang
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Cell 42:758-70. 2011..Our results reveal a ubiquitin ligase-associated holdase that maintains polypeptide solubility to enhance protein quality control in mammalian cells...
- TCRA, P2RY11, and CPT1B/CHKB associations in Chinese narcolepsyFang Han
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Sleep Med 13:269-72. 2012Polymorphisms in the TCRA and P2RY11, two immune related genes, are associated with narcolepsy in Caucasians and Asians...
- A structural basis for immunodominant human T cell receptor recognitionGuillaume B E Stewart-Jones
Division of Structural Biology, The Henry Wellcome Building for Genomic Medicine, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Nat Immunol 4:657-63. 2003..This previously unknown binding mode underlies the immunodominant T cell response...
- New mechanisms of hormone secretion: MDR-like gene products as extrusion pumps for hormones?K F Becker
Department of Physiology, University of Munich, Germany
Horm Metab Res 24:210-3. 1992..High amounts of NG-TRA mRNA are found in a variety of human brain tumors...
- [Diagnostic value of transesophageal echocardiography in traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta]P Vignon
, CHU Dupuytren
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:767-73. 1994..Echocardiographic diagnosis of TRA is based on the recording of the association of a thick and mobile intraluminal echo corresponding to the torn ..
- A genetic analysis of the sex-determining gene, tra-1, in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansJ Hodgkin
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Genes Dev 1:731-45. 1987..The autosomal gene tra-1 is a major switch gene controlling sexual phenotype...
- Genetic analysis of the Enterococcus vancomycin resistance conjugative plasmid pHTbeta: identification of the region involved in cell aggregation and traB, a key regulator gene for plasmid transfer and cell aggregationHaruyoshi Tomita
Department of Bacteriology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
J Bacteriol 190:7739-53. 2008..The transfer-related regions (Tra I, Tra II, and Tra III) containing oriT and a putative nickase gene (traI) have previously been identified in ..
- A genomic island present along the bacterial chromosome of the Parachlamydiaceae UWE25, an obligate amoebal endosymbiont, encodes a potentially functional F-like conjugative DNA transfer systemGilbert Greub
Center for Research on Intracellular Bacteria, Institute of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
BMC Microbiol 4:48. 2004..The genome of Protochlamydia amoebophila UWE25, a Parachlamydia-related endosymbiont of free-living amoebae, was recently published, providing the opportunity to search for genomic islands (GIs)...
- [Plasmid profiles of aminoglycoside-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa]K Tsukada
Department of Surgery 1, Gunma University, School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:202-9. 1990..2) A strain of I-serotype and Hh8-phage type containing the plasmid I (GM-SM-SA-PIPC, Tra-, 22.6Kb or 22...
- Distinct regulatory programs establish widespread sex-specific alternative splicing in Drosophila melanogasterBritta Hartmann
Centre de Regulacio Genomica, Barcelona, Spain
RNA 17:453-68. 2011..Bioinformatic analysis of SXL/TRA binding sites, experimental analysis of sex-specific splicing in S2 and Kc cells lines and of the effects of SXL ..
- Identification and characterization of a new conjugation/type IVA secretion system (trb/tra) of Legionella pneumophila Corby localized on two mobile genomic islandsGernot Glockner
Leibniz Institute for Age Research Fritz Lipmann Institute, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 298:411-28. 2008..In this study we identified and analysed a new type of conjugation/type IVA secretion system (trb/tra) of L. pneumophila Corby, a virulent human isolate...
- Widespread expression of a new putative hormone extrusion pump: NG-TRA transporter protein in human and rat tissueM Ristow
, Bochum, Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:138-41. 1996..To gain further insight into its significance we studied the expression of NG-TRA in human and rat tissues and compared the nucleotide sequences derived from both species using reverse transcription ..
- Lymphoid differentiation pathways can be traced by TCR delta rearrangementsEva Fronkova
Childhood Leukemia Investigation Prague, Czech Republic
J Immunol 175:2495-500. 2005..Ig genes are rearranged in B cells using the same enzyme machinery. TCRD (TCR delta) genes are frequently incompletely rearranged in B precursor leukemias and recently were found in a ..
- Sex determination in the germ line of Drosophila depends on genetic signals and inductive somatic factorsR Nothiger
Zoological Institute, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Development 107:505-18. 1989..and 2X:3A were sexually transformed into pseudomales by mutations at the sex-determining genes Sxl (Sex-lethal), tra (transformer), tra-2 (transformer-2), or dsx (double-sex)...
- Specific Taenia crassiceps and Taenia solium antigenic peptides for neurocysticercosis immunodiagnosis using serum samplesE C Bueno
Laboratory of Clinical Immunology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 38:146-51. 2000..by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and by immunoblotting with Taenia crassiceps vesicular fluid antigen (Tcra) and Taenia solium total saline antigen (Tso) for the detection of immunoglobulin G antibodies...
- Traumatic rupture of thoracic aorta in real-world motor vehicle crashesSamuel Bertrand
Laboratoire d Automatique, de Mécanique et d Informatique Industrielles et Humaines LAMIH, Universite de Valenciennes et du Hainaut Cambresis, Valenciennes, France samuel
Traffic Inj Prev 9:153-61. 2008..This study aims at evaluating the most relevant risk factors of TRA. It also aims at analyzing the types of TRA as a function of car crash conditions and rib cage fractures.
- Liarozole markedly increases all trans-retinoic acid toxicity in mouse limb bud cell cultures: a model to explain the potency of the aromatic retinoid (E)-4-[2-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-5,5,8,8-tetramethyl-2-naphthylenyl)-1-propenyl] benzoic acidMichael A Pignatello
Laboratory of Cellular and Biochemical Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 178:186-94. 2002..half-life in retinoid toxicity, experiments were performed to determine whether, and to what extent, inhibition of tRA metabolism by liarozole increased its toxicity comparable to that of TTNPB in the mouse limb bud system...
- Recovering probabilities for nucleotide trimming processes for T cell receptor TRA and TRG V-J junctions analyzed with IMGT toolsKevin Bleakley
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Paris, F 75248, France
BMC Bioinformatics 9:408. 2008..However, as trimmed nucleotides can potentially be replaced by identical N region nucleotides during the process, the observed "output" represents a biased estimate of the "true trimming process."..
- Comparison of tretinoin 0.05% cream and 3% alcohol-based salicylic acid preparation in the treatment of acne vulgarisL Babayeva
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:328-33. 2011..Salicylic acid (SA), tretinoin (all-TRA) and clindamycin phosphate (CDP) are known to to be effective agents depending on their comedolytic and anti-..
- Predicting the contribution of rat cytochrome P-450 3A1, 3A2 and human cytochrome P-450 3A4, 3A5 to territrem a 4beta-C hydroxylation using the relative activity factorYu Husan Lin
Institute of Toxicology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1407-14. 2008..In liver microsomes from five male Wistar rats, TRA 4beta-C hydroxylation activity significantly correlated with CYP3A1/2 activity, while, in liver microsomes from ..
- Inhibition of proliferation and induction of apoptosis in soft tissue sarcoma cells by interferon-alpha and retinoidsT Brodowicz
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine I, University Hospital, Vienna, Australia
Br J Cancer 80:1350-8. 1999..Similarly, 9cRA, 13cRA and tRA decreased the proliferation of HTB-82 and HTB-93 STS cells, whereas the proliferation of p53-mutated HTB-91, HTB-92 ..
- TRA-418, a novel compound having both thromboxane A(2) receptor antagonistic and prostaglandin I(2) receptor agonistic activities: its antiplatelet effects in human and animal plateletsN Yamada
Clinical Development Center, Toray Industries, Inc, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 1:1813-9. 2003b>TRA-418 is a novel compound that has been found in our screening for compounds having both thromboxane A2 (TP) receptor antagonistic and prostaglandin I2 (IP) receptor agonistic activities...
- Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies specific to pangasius catfish, basa, and traK G Gajewski
Department of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences, Florida State Univ, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1493, USA
J Food Sci 74:C241-7. 2009..MAb T7E10 recognized 2 antigenic proteins (molecular weight approximately 36 and 75 kDa) in raw and cooked tra and basa extracts, while T1G11 bound to several proteins (molecular weight between 13 and 18 kDa) in tra and basa ..
- Activity of the Agrobacterium Ti plasmid conjugal transfer regulator TraR is inhibited by the product of the traM geneC Fuqua
Section of Microbiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853
J Bacteriol 177:1367-73. 1995The Agrobacterium Ti plasmid tra regulon was previously found to be positively regulated by the TraR protein in the presence of a diffusible N-acyl homoserine lactone designated Agrobacterium autoinducer (AAI)...
- Our experience with transradial approach for coronary angiographyVeli Vefali
Department of Cardiology, Cankaya Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 36:163-7. 2008Transradial approach (TRA) for coronary angiography has only become popular in our country in recent years. In this study, we evaluated radial and femoral angiographies performed at our center.
- Effect of the gene transformer of Anastrepha on the somatic sexual development of DrosophilaMaria Fernanda Ruiz
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Int J Dev Biol 54:627-33. 2010..The transformer cDNA of Anastrepha encoding the putative full-length Tra protein was cloned in pUAST and introduced into Drosophila melanogaster...
- Endogenous distribution of retinoids during normal development and teratogenesis in the mouse embryoC Horton
Developmental Biology Research Centre, King s College London, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 202:312-23. 1995..The levels of tRA do not change significantly over the 6 days of development analysed, whereas t-retinol rises sharply as the liver ..
- Arbitrary shaped, liquid filled reverberators with non-resonant transducers for broadband focusing of ultrasound using Time Reversed AcousticsA Sarvazyan
Artann Laboratories, 1753 Linvale Harbourton Road, Trenton, NJ 08530, USA
Ultrasonics 49:301-5. 2009..an alternative technique of ultrasound focusing based on the principles of Time Reversed Acoustics (TRA) because in TRA systems, effective focusing can be achieved with just a few, or even one, transducers...
- Tissue residue approach for chemical mixturesScott Dyer
Procter and Gamble, 11810 East Miami River Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45201, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 7:99-115. 2011..This article reviews the literature related to the TRA for mixtures of chemicals and recommends a practical, tiered approach that can be implemented in regulatory or risk ..
- Antiproliferative effects of trapidil in vascular smooth muscle cells are associated by inhibition of MAPK and P34(cdc2) activityY Cheng
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 35:1-6. 2000Trapidil (Tra) is a potent coronary vasodilator. Recent studies have shown that Tra possesses antiproliferative activity in glioma cells and vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- The tra region of the nopaline-type Ti plasmid is a chimera with elements related to the transfer systems of RSF1010, RP4, and FS K Farrand
Department of Crop Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 61801, USA
J Bacteriol 178:4233-47. 1996..The determinants responsible for conjugal transfer map to two regions, tra and trb, of the nopaline-type Ti plasmid pTiC58...
- The conjugal transfer system of Agrobacterium tumefaciens octopine-type Ti plasmids is closely related to the transfer system of an IncP plasmid and distantly related to Ti plasmid vir genesJ Alt-Mörbe
Institut fur Biologie III, Universitat Freiburg, Germany
J Bacteriol 178:4248-57. 1996..Both regions previously were shown to contain sequences that hybridize with tra genes of the nopaline-type Ti plasmid pTiC58...
- Using the theory of reasoned action to determine physicians' intention to measure body mass index in children and adolescentsRahul Khanna
Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy, West Virginia University, PO Box 9510, Morgantown, WV 26506 9510, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 5:170-81. 2009..However, studies have shown that physicians infrequently measure BMI in children and adolescents...
- A rehabilitative ultrasound imaging investigation of lateral abdominal muscle thickness in healthy aging adultsDeborah M Stetts
Department of Physical Therapy Education, Elon University, Elon, NC 27244 2010, USA
J Geriatr Phys Ther 32:60-6. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate, using RUSI, the size and symmetry of the lateral abdominal muscles bilaterally at rest and during the ADIM in healthy older adults and the reliability of these measurements...
- Differential activity of regions of transversus abdominis during trunk rotationDonna M Urquhart
Department of Physiotherapy, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Eur Spine J 14:393-400. 2005..middle region of TrA, obliquus internus abdominis (OI) and obliquus externus abdominis (OE), and lower region of TrA and OI. Surface electrodes were placed over right rectus abdominis (RA)...
- FOG-2, a novel F-box containing protein, associates with the GLD-1 RNA binding protein and directs male sex determination in the C. elegans hermaphrodite germlineR Clifford
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8232, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Development 127:5265-76. 2000Male sex determination in the Caenorhabditis elegans hermaphrodite germline requires translational repression of tra-2 mRNA by the GLD-1 RNA binding protein...
- Biochemical and genetic analysis of the OKa blood group antigenB P Williams
Laboratory of Human Molecular Genetics, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK
Immunogenetics 27:322-9. 1988The monoclonal antibody TRA-1-85 recognizes a cell surface antigen which is expressed by all human cell types tested, including red blood cells (RBCs), but not by mouse cells...
- Both retinoic acid receptors alpha (RARalpha) and gamma (RARgamma) are able to initiate mouse upper-lip skin glandular metaplasiaS Blanchet
Epithelial Differentiation Biology, LEDAC UMR CNRS, Albert Bonniot Institute, La Tronche, France
J Invest Dermatol 111:206-12. 1998..retinoic acid (tRA) give rise to a glandular metaplasia of hair vibrissa follicles; however, at this concentration, tRA can activate not only the three retinoic acid receptors (RARalpha, beta, and gamma), but also the retinoid X ..
- [Ketorolac versus tramadol: comparative study of analgesic efficacy in the postoperative pain in abdominal hysterectomy]G Ollé Fortuny
Servicio de Anestesiologia y Reanimacion, Hospital de Mataro, Consorci Hospitalari del Maresme, Mataro, Barcelona
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 47:162-7. 2000..To compare the analgesic efficacy of tramadol to that of ketorolac trometamol administered intravenously and at fixed times over the 24 hours after abdominal hysterectomy...
- Targeted removal of PML-RARalpha protein is required prior to inhibition of histone deacetylase for overcoming all-trans retinoic acid differentiation resistance in acute promyelocytic leukemiaYongkui Jing
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6547, USA
Blood 100:1008-13. 2002..Treatment with tRA in tRA differentiation-resistant NB4 subclones R4 and MR-2 does not result in PML-RARalpha diminution and the tested ..
- Comparative histologic effects of daily topical application of creams containing all-trans-retinoic acid or all-trans-retinoyl beta-glucuronide on pig skinDesiree B Gunning
Departments of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 15:205-12. 2002..However, whereas 3.3 mM tRA shows side effects, 3.3 mM RAG does not...
- Time-effect profile of antihypertensive agents assessed with trough/peak ratio, smoothness index and dose omission: an ambulatory blood pressure monitoring study with trandolapril vs. quinaprilAnca Radauceanu
Centre d Investigation Clinique CIC, INSERM CHU de Nancy, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 16:545-54. 2002..Group T/P were 0.85 for Tra and 0.62 for Qui...
- Tensile transmission across the lumbar fasciae in unembalmed cadavers: effects of tension to various muscular attachmentsPriscilla J Barker
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:129-38. 2004..Traction was applied to muscles attaching to the posterior and middle layers of lumbar fascia (PLF, MLF). Effects on fasciae were determined via tensile force measures and movement of markers...
- The TRA-1-60 and TRA-1-81 human pluripotent stem cell markers are expressed on podocalyxin in embryonal carcinomaWilliam M Schopperle
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, RW 875, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Stem Cells 25:723-30. 2007..Embryonal carcinoma, as do all human pluripotent stem cells, expresses TRA-1-60 and TRA-1-81 antigens, and although their molecular identities are unknown, they are commonly used as markers ..
- Differential control of abdominal muscles during multi-directional support-surface translations in manMark G Carpenter
School of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Exp Brain Res 188:445-55. 2008..on translation direction within the first 100 ms of activity, whereas responses from the two deeper muscles (TrA and OI) were independent of translation direction during this interval...
- Glycan stem-cell markers are specifically expressed by spermatogonia in the adult non-human primate testisT Muller
Stem Cell Research Group, German Primate Center, Kellnerweg 4, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Hum Reprod 23:2292-8. 2008The glycan cell surface molecules, stage-specific embryonic antigen (SSEA)-1, -3 and -4 and tumor-rejection antigen (TRA)-1-60 and -1-81, are expressed in specific combinations by undifferentiated pluripotent cells, i.e...
- Altered response of the anterolateral abdominal muscles to simulated weight-bearing in subjects with low back painJulie A Hides
Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, 4072, Australia
Eur Spine J 18:410-8. 2009..Real-time ultrasound imaging was used to assess changes in thickness of the TrA and internal oblique IO muscles as well as lateral movement ("slide") of the anterior fascial insertion of the TrA ..
- Comparative study on the sedative effects of morphine, methadone, butorphanol or tramadol, in combination with acepromazine, in dogsEduardo Raposo Monteiro
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Centro Universitário de Maringá CESUMAR, Parana, Brazil
Vet Anaesth Analg 36:25-33. 2009To compare the effects of morphine (MOR), methadone (MET), butorphanol (BUT) and tramadol (TRA), in combination with acepromazine, on sedation, cardiorespiratory variables, body temperature and incidence of emesis in dogs.
- A magnetic resonance imaging investigation of the transversus abdominis muscle during drawing-in of the abdominal wall in elite Australian Football League players with and without low back painJulie A Hides
Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 40:4-10. 2010..Single-blinded quasi-experimental study...
- A review of the tissue residue approach for organic and organometallic compounds in aquatic organismsAnne E McElroy
School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 5000, USA
Integr Environ Assess Manag 7:50-74. 2011..The vast majority of data available on TRA is derived from laboratory studies of acute lethal responses to organic toxicants exhibiting baseline toxicity...
- Determination and kinetics of enrofloxacin and ciprofloxacin in Tra catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) and giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) using a liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry methodS Danyi
Department of Food Sciences, Laboratory of Food Analysis, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, CART Center for Analytical Research and Technology, University of Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 34:142-52. 2011Determination and kinetics of enrofloxacin and ciprofloxacin in Tra catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) and giant freshwater prawn (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) using a liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry method. J. vet. Pharmacol...
- Regulation of doublesex pre-mRNA processing occurs by 3'-splice site activationL C Ryner
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, California 94305
Genes Dev 5:2071-85. 1991..Here, we used transient expression of dsx pre-mRNAs in the presence or absence of tra and tra-2 gene products in Drosophila tissue culture cells to investigate the molecular mechanism controlling this ..
- Retinoic acid inhibits induction of c-Jun protein by ultraviolet radiation that occurs subsequent to activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways in human skin in vivoG J Fisher
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0609, USA
J Clin Invest 101:1432-40. 1998..We investigated upstream signal transduction pathways and the mechanism of tRA inhibition of UV induction of matrix metalloproteinases in human skin in vivo...
- Multiple factors contribute to the toxicity of the aromatic retinoid TTNPB (Ro 13-7410): interactions with the retinoic acid receptorsM A Pignatello
Laboratory of Cellular and Biochemical Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 159:109-16. 1999..These observations are consistent with the 10-fold lower affinity of TTNPB vs tRA for RARs and, therefore, do not explain the greater potency of TTNPB...
- Neurocysticercosis: detection of IgG, IgA and IgE antibodies in cerebrospinal fluid, serum and saliva samples by ELISA with Taenia solium and Taenia crassiceps antigensE C Bueno
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences FPS, University of Sao Paulo USP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 58:18-24. 2000..control group and individuals with other parasitoses, by ELISA with Taenia crassiceps vesicular fluid antigen (Tcra) and Taenia solium total antigen (Tso) for the detection of antibodies...
- Instructing pelvic floor contraction facilitates transversus abdominis thickness increase during low-abdominal hollowingDuncan Critchley
Division of Physiotherapy, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College, London, UK
Physiother Res Int 7:65-75. 2002..The present study investigated the effect of instructing PF contraction on TrA thickness increase during low abdominal hollowing.
- Management of traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta in pediatric patientsRiyad Karmy-Jones
Division of Cardiothoracic Trauma, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1513-7. 2003Traumatic rupture of the thoracic aorta (TRA) in the pediatric population is uncommon. Management of TRA in general has evolved to include selective nonoperative and endovascular stent graft approaches, although operative repair remains ..
- T-cell receptor gamma and delta gene rearrangements and junctional region characteristics in south Indian patients with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaNatarajan Sudhakar
Department of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute WIA, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Am J Hematol 82:215-21. 2007..At least one clonal TCRG or TCRD rearrangement was detected in 34 (85%) cases. TCR gamma (TCRG) rearrangement was detected in 25 (62...
- Feasibility and safety of transradial arterial approach for simultaneous right and left vertebral artery angiographic studies and stentingHon Kan Yip
Division of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University Collage of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:840-6. 2007This study investigated whether the transradial artery (TRA) approach using a 6-French (F) Kimny guiding catheter for right vertebral artery (VA) angiographic study and stenting is safe and effective for patients with significant VA ..
- Characterization of lateral abdominal muscle thickness in persons with lower extremity amputationsBarbara A Springer
Physical Therapy Service, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 37:635-43. 2007..Retrospective review...
- Comparative genomic analysis and evolution of the T cell receptor loci in the opossum Monodelphis domesticaZuly E Parra
Center for Evolutionary and Theoretical Immunology and Department of Biology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
BMC Genomics 9:111. 2008All jawed-vertebrates have four T cell receptor (TCR) chains: alpha (TRA), beta (TRB), gamma (TRG) and delta (TRD). Marsupials appear unique by having an additional TCR: mu (TRM)...
- Implementation of the standard strategy for identification of Ig/TCR targets for minimal residual disease diagnostics in B-cell precursor ALL pediatric patients: Polish experienceMałgorzata Dawidowska
Department of Molecular and Clinical Genetics, Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Strzeszynska 32, 60 479 Poznan, Poland
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 56:409-18. 2008..A feasibility study is presented of the standard strategy for the identification of Ig/TCR targets for MRD diagnostics in Polish ALL patients by identifying Ig/TCR gene rearrangement pattern using standard primer sets and protocols...
- Regulation of bacterial conjugation in microaerobiosis by host-encoded functions ArcAB and sdhABCDAna Serna
Departamento de Genetica, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
Genetics 184:947-58. 2010..In turn, succinate dehydrogenase (SdhABCD) is a repressor of mating in aerobiosis. ArcA binds upstream of the main tra promoter (p(traY)) and activates tra transcription, as previously described in F, R1, and R100...
- Trial of the Trachoma Rapid Assessment methodology in The GambiaH Limburg
International Centre for Eye Health, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, UK
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 8:73-85. 2001To test the validity and repeatability of a newly designed Trachoma Rapid Assessment (TRA) methodology.
- Derivation of three clones from human embryonic stem cell lines by FACS sorting and their characterizationKuldip S Sidhu
Stem Cell Group, Diabetes Transplant Unit, Prince of Wales Hospital and University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2031 Australia
Stem Cells Dev 15:61-9. 2006..e., SSEA3, SSEA4, OCT4, TRA-1-60, and TRA-1-81), and gene expression for pluripotency (Oct-4 and nanog)...
- Analysis of the conjugal transfer system of the pheromone-independent highly transferable Enterococcus plasmid pMG1: identification of a tra gene (traA) up-regulated during conjugationKoichi Tanimoto
Department of Microbiology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
J Bacteriol 184:5800-4. 2002..To analyze regulation of tra gene expression in pMG1, transcripts of pMG1 were examined during conjugation...
- Histopathologic changes of the radial artery wall secondary to transradial catheterizationCezar S Staniloae
Saint Vincent s Hospital Manhattan, New York, NY 10011, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 5:527-32. 2009..The immediate effects of transradial access on the radial artery wall are unknown. In this study we sought to assess the histological changes induced by catheterization on the radial artery...
- Decreased symbiotic effectiveness of Rhizobium leguminosarum strains carrying plasmid RP4M O'CONNELL
School of Biological Sciences, Dublin City University, Ireland
FEMS Microbiol Lett 161:275-83. 1998..Seven of these had lost the ability to transfer by conjugation and the eighth was greatly reduced in conjugation frequency. Physical analysis of the transposon inserts revealed that they were located in the Tra regions of RP4.
- Retinoid-induced epidermal hyperplasia is mediated by epidermal growth factor receptor activation via specific induction of its ligands heparin-binding EGF and amphiregulin in human skin in vivoLaure Rittie
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0609, USA
J Invest Dermatol 126:732-9. 2006..Laser capture microdissection-coupled real-time reverse transcription-PCR reveals that tRA increases HB-EGF mRNA throughout the epidermis, whereas AR induction is limited to basal keratinocytes...
- Experimental validation and complexity of miRNA-mRNA target interaction during zebrafish primitive erythropoiesisTing Ting Du
Shanghai Institute of Hematology, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 381:688-93. 2009..Using transient reporter assay in vivo (TRA-In Vivo), we identified hydroxymethylbilane synthase b (hmbsb) and Krüppel-like transcription factor d (klfd) as ..
- Beliefs and norms associated with smoking tobacco using a waterpipe among college studentsDevon Noonan
Health Promotion Risk Reduction Interventions with Vulnerable Populations, University of Michigan School of Nursing, 400 North Ingalls, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA
J Addict Nurs 23:123-8. 2012..Beliefs and norms associated with waterpipe smoking intention were captured using the investigator-developed TRA Waterpipe Questionnaire...
- Differential control of yolk protein gene expression in fat bodies and gonads by the sex-determining gene tra-2 of DrosophilaM Bownes
University of Edinburgh, Department of Molecular Biology, UK
EMBO J 9:3975-80. 1990..of the yolk protein (YP) genes in the somatic cells of the gonads, using temperature sensitive mutations (tra-2ts) of transformer-2, a gene required for female sexual differentiation...
- RNA binding by Sxl proteins in vitro and in vivoM E Samuels
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544
Mol Cell Biol 14:4975-90. 1994..MBP-Sxl formed two shifted complexes on a tra regulated acceptor site RNA; the doubly shifted form may have been stabilized by protein-protein interactions...
- Accumulation of the F plasmid TraJ protein in cpx mutants of Escherichia coliP M Silverman
Program in Molecular and Cell Biology, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City 73104
J Bacteriol 175:921-5. 1993..conclusion from our results is that the cpx mutations impair accumulation of the TraJ protein, thereby reducing tra gene expression...
- The gene fl(2)d is needed for the sex-specific splicing of transformer pre-mRNA but not for double-sex pre-mRNA in Drosophila melanogasterB Granadino
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Madrid, Spain
Mol Gen Genet 253:26-31. 1996..target of Sxl is the gene transformer (tra): the Sxl protein controls the female-specific splicing of the Tra pre-mRNA...
- dissatisfaction, a gene involved in sex-specific behavior and neural development of Drosophila melanogasterK D Finley
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, San Diego, CA 92186, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:913-8. 1997..Epistasis experiments show that dsf acts in a tra-dependent and dsx-independent manner, placing dsf in the dsx-independent portion of the sex determination cascade.
- Lysinuric protein intolerance (LPI) gene maps to the long arm of chromosome 14T Lauteala
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Turku, Finland
Am J Hum Genet 60:1479-86. 1997..between framework markers D14S72 and MYH7, a 10-cM interval in which the markers D14S742, D14S50, D14S283, and TCRA showed no recombinations with the phenotype...
- Relationship between limb movement speed and associated contraction of the trunk musclesP W Hodges
Department of Physiotherapy, University of Queensland, Australia
Ergonomics 40:1220-30. 1997..The onset of transversus abdominis (TrA) EMG preceded the onset of AD in only the fast movement condition...
- Structural basis for recognition of the tra mRNA precursor by the Sex-lethal proteinN Handa
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, Japan
Nature 398:579-85. 1999..melanogaster regulates alternative splicing of the transformer (tra) messenger RNA precursor by binding to the tra polypyrimidine tract during the sex-determination process. The crystal structure has now been determined at 2...
- Regulation of retinoid X receptor-gamma gene transcript levels in rat heart cellsP Georgiades
Medical Molecular Biology Unit, Department of Molecular Pathology, University College London Medical School, 46 Cleveland Street, London, W1P 6DB, U K
Cell Biol Int 22:457-63. 1998..Finally, this system was used to examine whether tRA and T3can influence levels of RXRgamma transcripts because they have been shown to have antagonistic effects in this ..
- Sexually transmitted diseases in Morocco: gender influences on prevention and health care seeking behaviorL E Manhart
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle 98104 2499, USA
Soc Sci Med 50:1369-83. 2000..health behavior theories in STD/HIV prevention, the Health Belief Model (HBM) and the Theory of Reasoned Action (TRA) served as a framework for data analysis...
- Proteolysis in Caenorhabditis elegans sex determination: cleavage of TRA-2A by TRA-3S B Sokol
Medical Research Council MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Genes Dev 14:901-6. 2000The Caenorhabditis elegans tra-3 gene promotes female development in XX hermaphrodites and encodes an atypical calpain regulatory protease lacking calcium-binding EF hands...
- The efficacy of endocrine disruptor screening tests in detecting anti-estrogenic effects downstream of receptor-ligand interactionsMasahiro Takeyoshi
Chemicals Assessment Center, Chemicals Evaluation and Research Institute, 3 822, Ishii machi, Hita shi, 8770061, Oita, Japan
Toxicol Lett 126:91-8. 2002..Despite showing complete lack of binding affinity to ER in the receptor binding assay, tRA exhibited clear antagonist activity without any agonist activity in the reporter gene assay...
- Partial reconstitution of V(D)J rearrangement and lymphocyte development in RAG-deficient mice expressing inducible, tetracycline-regulated RAG transgenesPenny E Shockett
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Immunol 40:813-29. 2004..At the TRA locus, broken ends at V(D)J recombination signals are detected only in thymus, as are reciprocal signal joint ..
- Induction of hepatocyte proliferation by retinoic acidG M Ledda-Columbano
Department of Toxicology, Oncology and Molecular Pathology Unit, University of Cagliari, Italy
Carcinogenesis 25:2061-6. 2004..Here, we show that tRA administration in the diet (150 mg/kg) increased DNA synthesis in mouse liver, at 1 and 2 weeks, with a return to ..
- Resolving T-cell receptor clonality in two and genotype in four multiplex polymerase chain reactionsMichael Dictor
Department of Pathology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Haematologica 90:1524-32. 2005..We determined the sensitivity and specificity of four multiple PCR for genotyping lymphoid neoplasms at the TCR loci gamma (TCRG), delta (TCRD) and beta (TCRB, including complete [Vbeta-Jbeta] and incomplete [Dbeta-Jbeta] rearrangements).
- The quorum-sensing transcription factor TraR decodes its DNA binding site by direct contacts with DNA bases and by detection of DNA flexibilityCatharine E White
Department of Microbiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Mol Microbiol 64:245-56. 2007..tumefaciens is a member of the LuxR family of transcriptional regulators, and binds to specific DNA sequences (tra boxes) at target promoters of the tumour-inducing (Ti) plasmid...
- The DNA-binding epidermal growth factor-receptor inhibitor PD153035 and other DNA-intercalating cytotoxic drugs reactivate the expression of the retinoic acid receptor-beta tumor-suppressor gene in breast cancer cellsThomas W Grunt
Signaling Networks Program, Department of Medicine I, Division of Oncology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Differentiation 75:883-90. 2007..was associated with synergistic growth inhibition in cells co-treated with PD153035 and all-trans retinoic acid (tRA). Most importantly, PD153035 restored retinoic acid sensitivity in retinoic acid-resistant cells...
- Control of sex-specific apoptosis in C. elegans by the BarH homeodomain protein CEH-30 and the transcriptional repressor UNC-37/GrouchoErin Peden
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Genes Dev 21:3195-207. 2007..ceh-30 encodes a BarH homeodomain protein that acts downstream from the terminal sex determination gene tra-1, but upstream of, or in parallel to, the cell-death-initiating gene egl-1 to protect CEM neurons from undergoing ..
- Autoimmune regulator initiates the expression of promiscuous genes in thymic epithelial cellsJibing Chen
Department of Immunology, Norman Bethune Medical College of JiLin University, Chang Chun, China
Immunol Invest 37:203-14. 2008..Transfection of an Aire plasmid led to increased levels of TRA expression in cultured TECs from Balb/c and NOD mice; an increase that was enhanced by the presence of thymocytes...
- Sexual back talk with evolutionary implications: stimulation of the Drosophila sex-determination gene sex-lethal by its target transformerScott G Siera
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Division of Genetics, Genomics and Development, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3204, USA
Genetics 180:1963-81. 2008..the reciprocal regulatory effect by studying genetically sensitized females: TRA-F from either maternal or zygotic tra expression stimulates Sxl-positive autoregulation...
- Recurrent translocations involving the IRF4 oncogene locus in peripheral T-cell lymphomasA L Feldman
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 23:574-80. 2009..Two cases with t(6;14)(p25;q11.2) had translocations between IRF4 and the T-cell receptor-alpha (TCRA) locus. Both were cytotoxic PTCLs, unspecified (PTCL-Us) involving bone marrow and skin...
- Slit2-mediated expansion of primitive hematopoietic stem cell populations for traGary Van Zant; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the third aim the therapeutic potential of altering Slit2 expression will be investigated in a knockout mouse model and using imaging techniques to localize stem cells in the bone marrow. ..
- Heidi E Hamm; Fiscal Year: 2015..Thrombin receptor antagonists (TRAs) are highly awaited in clinical medicine but Vorapaxar, a TRA that targets PAR1, was recently shown in Phase III clinical trials to increase clinically significant bleeding ..
- Structural Basis for Synergistic Gene Expression by Runx1 and Ets1 ProteinsTahir H Tahirov; Fiscal Year: 2012..basis of cooperative DNA binding by Runx1 and Ets1 will be determined using composite Ets-Runx binding elements of TCRa and Mo-MLV enhancers, which represent examples of higher (>30 fold) and lower (~10) degrees of cooperative ..
- TAS::75 0849::TAS TOPIC 255 DEVELOPMENT OF A TARGETED THERAPY FOR ACUTE MYELOIDDR MUKESH AGARWAL; Fiscal Year: 2011..A TRA overcomes this block in differentiation by forcing leukemic cells to mature...
- Ichiro Nishimura; Fiscal Year: 2016..the role of oral ?[unreadable] T cells in the development of ONJ lesions using ?[unreadable] T cell-knockout (TCRD-/-) mice...
- Thyroid Hormone ActionThomas Scanlan; Fiscal Year: 2009..the most active member identified to date of this class, has no affinity for the nuclear thyroid hormone receptors TRa and TRb;instead, T1AM is a potent agonist of an orphan GPCR called TAAR1 and is an inhibitor of catecholamine plasma ..
- Selection of an anti-ceramide mitigator of acute radiation toxicity of the GI traJimmy Rotolo; Fiscal Year: 2012..This research proposal aims to identify the most effective radiation mitigator from a panel of humanized anti-ceramide reagents for advancement into preclinical development. ..
- Molecular analysis of oriT-independent transfer in the gonococcal R-plasmidsLUIS TORRES-BAUZA; Fiscal Year: 2012..2 and tet(M), complementation assays with Tra proteins from tet(M) provided in Trans during mobilization experiments in E...
- Michael S Krangel; Fiscal Year: 2015..This will be accomplished by using gene targeting to introduce a lac operator (lacO) array into the Tcra/Tcrd locus and by expressing lac repressor (lacI) as a fusion protein with a component of the nuclear lamina...
- EID - Effects of avian migration & anthropogenic change on the distribution & traThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we will share our results with public health organizations and the scientific community in a timely fashion in order to maximize the public good. ..
- Benjamin D Ortiz; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- JANE AMANDA SKOK; Fiscal Year: 2016..that the formation of large higher-order mono-allelic RAG-dependent loops, which separate the 3'end of Tcra from its chromosome territory, correlates with targeting of RAG binding and mono-allelic cleavage in this region...
- Howard T Petrie; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have recently shown that expression of TRA by mTEC decreases with age...
- Heidi E Hamm; Fiscal Year: 2015..Thrombin receptor antagonists (TRAs) are highly awaited in clinical medicine but Vorapaxar, a TRA that targets PAR1, was recently shown in Phase III clinical trials to increase clinically significant bleeding ..
- MHC restriction and antigen characterization of mucosal CD8aa TCRab IELFlorence Lambolez; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our research will focus on CD8aa TCRa[unreadable] IEL populations...
- CELL-PLASMID INTERACTIONS IN BACTERIAL CONJUGATIONPhilip Silverman; Fiscal Year: 1991..we will determine whehter or not the TraJ protein acts directly to regulate expression of the other F plasmid tra genes...
- Alcohol and Condom Use Resistance in Sexually Coercive/Violent MenKelly Cue Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..upon Alcohol Myopia Theory, Alcohol Expectancy Theory, and the Theories of Reasoned Action and Planned Behavior (TRA/TPB), two experiments are proposed to investigate the influence of alcohol [Sober, Placebo (expect ...
- Christine McBeth; Fiscal Year: 2014..ChlaDUB1 and ChlaDUB2 are two virulence factors produced by Chlamydia tra- chomatis which act as deubiquitinating and deneddylating enzymes...
- PS07-003, Minority HIV/AIDS Research InitiativeJOSE EDUARDO NANIN; Fiscal Year: 2011..the qualitative and quantitative data will be utilized to explore components of the Theory of Reasoned Action (TRA) framework of the study as well as the content and contexts of HIV prevention through interpersonal communication...
- Stromal Stem Cells of Human Placenta for the Treatment of Acute Lung InjuryFernando Viteri; Fiscal Year: 2013..morphology, abiliy to propagate in culture, expression of markers of human embryonic stem cells (SSEA-3, Oct-4, TRA-1-60), and embryoid body formation. We will also measure the paracrine activity of cells by ELISA...
- ROBERT THOMAS ZOELLER; Fiscal Year: 2014..compared to signaling through the estrogen receptor, and will test whether specific effects that we characterize in Aims 1 and 2 are dependent upon the expression of TRa or TR|3 using well known knock-out mouse models.
- optimized Human Apyrase for Bone Cancer Pain TreatmentRidong Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..This model is driven by in- tra-tibial injections of syngeneic MRMT-1 rat mammary gland carcinoma cells and closely mirrors the human condition...
- Role of ATM and RAG in maintaining genome stability during Tcra/d rearrangement.JANE AMANDA SKOK; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the genome in developing T cells to identify 'at risk'candidates that are closely associated with Tcra/d in cells where they are being recombined...
- Ultrasound-assisted convection-enhanced drug delivery to the brainWilliam L Olbricht; Fiscal Year: 2013..Now, we intend to use TRA focusing to control the spatial distribution of the infused material...
- KAMAL MOHAN KHANNA; Fiscal Year: 2015..TCRgd T cells is important for protection against LM infection and also regulates the long-term protective CDB TCRa[unreadable] response. This hypothesis will be tested in the following specific aims: Aim 1...
- Histone recognition in the control of central tolerance by AireTiffany Horng; Fiscal Year: 2010..for in vitro binding described above, for in vivo association with histones, and for their ability to reconstitute TRA induction in a cell-based functional assay...
- Companion Diagnostic for ALK MutationsDAVID HOUT; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Insight Genetics ALK microarray will enable personalized therapy by caregive rs, tra ns lating to improved patient outcomes.
- Role of DDX3 in DR5-Mediated ApoptosisTong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have developed an agonistic anti-human DR5 monoclonal antibody, TRA-8...
- Mark S Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2016..The Aire-expressing subset of mTEC's promotes self-tolerance by helping promote the display of TRA's to developing thymocytes for negative selection and perhaps the positive selection of regulatory T cells...
- Quorum Sensing in Sinorhizobium melilotiJuan Gonzalez; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have characterized three of those systems (Mel, Sin and Tra) and established that they play a part in nodulation, exopolysaccharide production, nitrogen fixation and conjugal ..
- David A Zarkower; Fiscal Year: 2015..The main foci of this application are how the master sex-determining gene TRA-1 imposes sex-specific development and controls oogenesis in C...
- Time-reversal acoustic device for enhanced drug delivery for brain gliomasARMEN contact SARVAZYAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>TRA principles allow for compensation of any kind of acoustic wave front distortion and provide efficient focusing in ..
- Biochemical and Structural Studies of RNA-Protein ComplexesJames R Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2010..by applicant): This proposal outlines a plan to investigate three RNA-protein complexes involved in regulation of tra-2 mRNA in C. elegans...
- MAPPING GENES LINKED TO AUTOIMMUNE THYROID DISEASESYaron Tomer; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will study at least 19 candidate genes including HLA, TSHR, TPO, Tg, IgH, TcRa, TcRb, IL-2, IFNg, and IDDM-3, -4 and -5, as well as 2 chromosomal regions of interest, 14q, and 6p21...
- Establishing a comprehensive inhibitory profile of marketed drugs against CNS traJuan Jose Fung; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- ROLE OF TCR SPECIFICITY IN SELECTING IL-10 PRODUCING CELLS IN THE COLONCHYI S HSIEH; Fiscal Year: 2013..is important in selecting Tr1 and IL-10+ regulatory T (Treg) cells in the colon by sequencing the TRAV14 TCRa repertoire in fixed TCR[unreadable] transgenic mice...
- Alternative processing and antisense regulation of thyroid hormone receptor mRNASTEPHEN MUNROE; Fiscal Year: 2007..In mammals the TRa gene produces two alternatively spliced mRNAs that encode two functionally antagonistic transcription factors...
- PAUL GLYNDWR THOMAS; Fiscal Year: 2016..This approach permitted two important observations: 1) the proportion of cells transcribing message for two Tcra chains varies dramatically over the course of acute and memory immune responses and 2) clonal lineages of T cells ..
- PROCESSING OF PRECURSORS TO MRNA IN DROSPHILASTEPHEN MOUNT; Fiscal Year: 1999..Previous results show that such an interaction can be seen in animals the are also tra-2/+; tra/+ in the dominant background...
- Structural MRI of trabecular bone for therapy response monitoringFelix Wehrli; Fiscal Year: 2009..is caused by topological changes in the bone's architectural make-up, chief among which is fenestration of tra becular plates resulting in their conversion to rods and the latter's eventual disruption...
- Aaron M Neiman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Following successful defense of the proposal, students advance to candidacy and the faculty thesis committee monitors the students'progress until successful completion of the project and defense of a written doctoral thesis. ..
- Regulation of Cutaneous Inflammation by local gd T CellsRobert Tigelaar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Combined use of different strains of TCRd-/- (knockout) mice and selective reconstitution of such mice via adoptive transfer has shown that Vgamma5+ DETC, ..
- Biology-Pathology of Arbovirus Persistence in a Mosquito HostDoria Bowers; Fiscal Year: 2007..virus variants, selected for during chronic infection will be isolated; persistent (SIN-PI#), tracheole (SIN-TRA#) & saliva (SIN-SPIT#)...
- CONDOM USE AMONG DRUG USERS RECEIVING ANTIRETROVIRALSMark Williams; Fiscal Year: 2000..Data collection and analysis for both components of the study are guided by the Theory of Reasoned Action (TRA) and the Health Belief Model (HBM)...
- Rhodopsin-mediated activation of alternative transduction pathways.Janis Lem; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will isolate alternative pathway(s) using transgenic mice with null mutations in the transducin a-subunit (Tra-/-) and/or arrestin (Arr-/-) genes...
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW SEMISYNTHETIC TAXANESRalph Bernacki; Fiscal Year: 2001..the cellular uptake and retention of new taxanes, as well as the modulation of Pgp- mediated efflux of drugs by tRA, both in vivo and in vitro...
- TEMPERATURE DISTRIBUTION IN TISSUE AFTER EXPOSUREJ Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2000..objective of the proposed research is the development of a three-dimensional tomographic reconstruction algorithm (TRA) as a means to determine the: (1) initial space-dependent temperature increase in subsurface chromophores (delta T ..
- BIOCHEMICAL MECHANISM OF TRANSACTIVATION IN HTLV 1Chou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2002HTLV-1 Tax plays a pivotal role in the viral tra e have shown that the HTLV-1 enhancer, three CRE-containing viral 21bp-repeats in collaboration with the cellular bZip transcription factors, CREB and CREB/ATF-1 heterodimer, form ..
- Characterization of C elegans laf-1: a regulatory ncRNAElizabeth Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hermaphrodite spermatogenesis requires the translational repression of tra-2 by two 3'untranslated elements (called TGEs). laf-1 acts through the TGEs to inhibit tra-2 activity...
- A RAMDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL OF THE NIA INTERVENTIONWilla Doswell; Fiscal Year: 2005..Using the theory of reasoned action (TRA) the study's specific aims are to determine if girls assigned to the NIA intervention show: 1) a greater decrease ..
- Role of TraJ in Neonatal E. coli Sepsis and MeningitisJULIE BADGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..K1 plasmid-encoded blood-brain barrier (BBB) invasion gene, traJ, with homology to traJ of various F-like plasmid tra operons...
- PATHOGENIC T CELLS IN BERYLLIUM-INDUCED LUNG DISEASEANDREW FONTENOT; Fiscal Year: 2002..Sequencing the TCR beta-chain (TCRB) and alpha-chain (TCRA) junctional regions expressed in BAL CD4+ T cells demonstrated clonal T cell expansions...
- Patterns and Contexts of Club Drug AbuseJeffrey Parsons; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our work will be guided by the TRA in order to determine how antecedents of club drug use influence the use of these substances, and how the ..
- NIS Regulation in Breast CancerSissy Jhiang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Determine the mechanism of NIS up-regulation by human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), trans-retinoic acid (tRA), and cyclooxygenase-2 (Cox-2) in human breast cancer cells; Aim 2...
- TH-Dependent, Actin-Based Vesicle TraffickingJack Leonard; Fiscal Year: 2005..expression is widely assumed to play a key role in this process, the recent revelation that both TH receptor genes (TRa and TRb) can be deleted without affecting brain development raises the possibility that other nongenomic TH-..
- Directed neural differentiation of primate ES cellsSteven Stice; Fiscal Year: 2004..and compared with ES cells for uniformity and state of differentiation using a battery of markers (Oct-4, SSEA and TRA markers, AFP, FGF-5 and brachyury)...
- 3 UTR Control of TRA-2 mRNA in C. elegansElizabeth Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2005..elegans sex determination gene tra-2 controls development. Two regulatory processes act via the 3'UTR...
- ANNEXIN PHOSPHORYLATION: CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCESCARL CREUTZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..the membrane, and they may mediate membrane-membrane interactions underlying exocytosis, endocytosis, and organelle tra.fficking...
- DEVELOPMENTAL CONTROL OF TCR EXPRESSION IN THYMOCYTESDAVID WIEST; Fiscal Year: 2001..The TCR complex expressed by mature T cells is comprised of polymorphic subunits that recognize antigen (TCRa and b), together with invariant proteins that transduce signals (CD3gde and z)...
- Thyroid Hormone Receptor Isoforms & Coactivators In VivoRoy Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2005..presented in the Preliminary Studies section of this current application show that mice with deletion of the TRa gene are hypersensitive to TH...
- PERSUADING PEOPLE TO USE CONDOMS--MESSAGE DEVELOPMENTMARGARET BEAMAN; Fiscal Year: 1990Fishbein's Theory of Reasoned Action (TRA), an expectancy-value model, will be used to systematically develop and test an experimental videotape message to persuade young Black male and female clients from sexually transmitted disease (..
- MR elastography using time reversed acousticsScott Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2004..evaluate technical requirements to MR Shear Wave Elasticity Imaging (SWEI) system and define specification for the TRA focusing system...
- ULTRASONIC PLATELET HARVESTER AND CELL SORTERStephen Peterson; Fiscal Year: 1990b>TRA will manufacture and test three cell harvesting devices using technology developed during NIH Phase I SBIR research...