Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TNNT2
Description: troponin T2, cardiac type
Alias: CMD1D, CMH2, CMPD2, LVNC6, RCM3, TnTC, cTnT, troponin T, cardiac muscle, cardiomyopathy, dilated 1D (autosomal dominant), cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic 2, troponin T type 2 (cardiac), truncated cardiac troponin T
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- Mutations in the genes for cardiac troponin T and alpha-tropomyosin in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyH Watkins
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA
N Engl J Med 332:1058-64. 1995..It is not known how often the disease is caused by mutations in the tropomyosin and troponin genes, and the associated clinical phenotypes have not been carefully studied...
- Human cardiac troponin T: identification of fetal isoforms and assignment of the TNNT2 locus to chromosome 1qP J Townsend
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, National Heart and Lung Institute, London, United Kingdom
Genomics 21:311-6. 1994..Hybridization of the cloned cDNAs to genomic DNA identifies a single-copy gene, and using somatic cell hybrid analysis, we have mapped the corresponding gene locus (designated TNNT2) to the long arm of chromosome 1 (1cen-qter).
- Alpha-tropomyosin and cardiac troponin T mutations cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a disease of the sarcomereL Thierfelder
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Cell 77:701-12. 1994..Further, because the splice site mutation is predicted to function as a null allele, we suggest that abnormal stoichiometry of sarcomeric proteins can cause cardiac hypertrophy...
- Codon 102 of the cardiac troponin T gene is a putative hot spot for mutations in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJ F Forissier
Unité de Recherches 153 de l INSERM, Paris, France
Circulation 94:3069-73. 1996..In some families, the disease is linked to the CMH2 locus on chromosome 1q3, in which the cardiac troponin T gene (TNNT2) has been identified as the disease gene...
- Sudden death due to troponin T mutationsJ C Moolman
University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Republic of South Africa
J Am Coll Cardiol 29:549-55. 1997..This study was designed to verify initial observations of the clinical and prognostic features of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy caused by cardiac tropnin T gene mutations...
- Novel missense mutation in cardiac troponin T gene found in Japanese patient with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyC Nakajima-Taniguchi
Department of Medicine III, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 29:839-43. 1997..for HCM in HCM families have been identified as beta-myosin heavy chain, alpha-tropomyosin, cardiac troponin T (cTnT) and myosin binding protein-C genes...
- Patients with familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy caused by a Phe110Ile missense mutation in the cardiac troponin T gene have variable cardiac morphologies and a favorable prognosisR Anan
First Department of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Japan
Circulation 98:391-7. 1998..Patients with mutations in the cardiac troponin T (cTnT) gene have particularly poor prognosis but only mild hypertrophy...
- Release of cardiac troponin in acute coronary syndromes: ischemia or necrosis?A H Wu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hartford Hospital, CT, USA
Clin Chim Acta 284:161-74. 1999..Jeopardized myocardial tissue can recover with acute recanalization. Support for this model comes from clinical observations and animal studies...
- Investigation of a truncated cardiac troponin T that causes familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: Ca(2+) regulatory properties of reconstituted thin filaments depend on the ratio of mutant to wild-type proteinC Redwood
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Circ Res 86:1146-52. 2000..Further, these findings underscore the importance of studying mixed mutant:wild-type preparations to faithfully model this autosomal-dominant disease...
- Homozygous mutation in cardiac troponin T: implications for hypertrophic cardiomyopathyC Y Ho
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 102:1950-5. 2000Mutations in the gene that encode cardiac troponin T (cTnT) account for approximately 15% of cases of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- Mutations in sarcomere protein genes as a cause of dilated cardiomyopathyM Kamisago
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, MA, USA
N Engl J Med 343:1688-96. 2000..To elucidate this important cause of heart failure, we investigated other genetic causes of dilated cardiomyopathy...
- Novel cardiac troponin T mutation as a cause of familial dilated cardiomyopathyD Li
Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Circulation 104:2188-93. 2001..Studies indicate that mutations in sarcomeric proteins are responsible for FHCM and suggest that mutations in cytoskeletal proteins cause FDCM. Evidence is evolving, however, that such conclusions are premature...
- Prevalence and age-dependence of malignant mutations in the beta-myosin heavy chain and troponin T genes in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: a comprehensive outpatient perspectiveMichael J Ackerman
Department of Internal Medicine Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:2042-8. 2002..The goal of this study was to determine the prevalence of "malignant" mutations in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- Alterations in thin filament regulation induced by a human cardiac troponin T mutant that causes dilated cardiomyopathy are distinct from those induced by troponin T mutants that cause hypertrophic cardiomyopathyPaul Robinson
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Wellcome Trust Center for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
J Biol Chem 277:40710-6. 2002..The functional consequences of this DCM mutation are qualitatively different from the R92Q or any other studied HCM troponin T mutation, suggesting that DCM and HCM may be triggered by distinct primary stimuli...
- Prevalence and severity of "benign" mutations in the beta-myosin heavy chain, cardiac troponin T, and alpha-tropomyosin genes in hypertrophic cardiomyopathySara L Van Driest
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Circulation 106:3085-90. 2002..survival: N232S, G256E, F513C, V606M, R719Q, and L908V of beta-myosin heavy chain (MYH7); S179F of troponin T (TNNT2); and D175N of alpha-tropomyosin (TPM1)...
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: distribution of disease genes, spectrum of mutations, and implications for a molecular diagnosis strategyPascale Richard
UF de Cardiogénétique et Myogénétique, Service de Biochimie B, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 47 Bld de l Hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
Circulation 107:2227-32. 2003..The aim of the present study was to perform a systematic screening of these genes in a large population, to evaluate the distribution of the disease genes, and to determine the best molecular strategy in clinical practice...
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: low frequency of mutations in the beta-myosin heavy chain (MYH7) and cardiac troponin T (TNNT2) genes among Spanish patientsMonica Garcia-Castro
Genética Molecular Instituto de Investigación Nefrológica IRSIN FRIAT and Servicio de Cardiología, Hospital Central de Asturias, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Clin Chem 49:1279-85. 2003Mutations in the cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain (MYH7) and cardiac troponin T (TNNT2) genes are reportedly responsible for up to 40% of familial cases with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HC)...
- Different functional properties of troponin T mutants that cause dilated cardiomyopathyGayathri Venkatraman
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami School of Medicine, 1600 NW 10th Avenue, Miami, FL 33101, USA
J Biol Chem 278:41670-6. 2003..These results suggest that a rightward shift in Ca2+ sensitivity is not the only determinant for the phenotype of DCM...
- Mutation spectrum in a large cohort of unrelated consecutive patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyJ Erdmann
Department of Internal Medicine II Cardiology, University of Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Clin Genet 64:339-49. 2003..HCM patients for mutations in six sarcomeric genes: myosin-binding protein C3 (MYBPC3), MYH7, cardiac troponin T (TNNT2), alpha-tropomyosin (TPM1), cardiac troponin I (TNNI3), and cardiac troponin C (TNNC1)...
- Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy mutations from different functional regions of troponin T result in different effects on the pH and Ca2+ sensitivity of cardiac muscle contractionKeita Harada
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Biol Chem 279:14488-95. 2004..These results suggest that different regions of TnT may contribute to the pathogenesis of TnT-linked FHC through different mechanisms...
- The role of a common TNNT2 polymorphism in cardiac hypertrophyKazuo Komamura
Department of Cardiovascular Dynamics, Research Institute, National Cardiovascular Center, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita 565 8565, Japan
J Hum Genet 49:129-33. 2004We found a five-basepair insertion/deletion polymorphism in intron 3 of TNNT2, one of the genes responsible for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy...
- Role of troponin T in diseaseAldrin V Gomes
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 263:115-29. 2004..To date 30 mutations have been identified in the cardiac TnT (CTnT) gene that results in familial HCM (FHC)...
- Severe disease expression of cardiac troponin C and T mutations in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyJens Mogensen
Department of Cardiological Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:2033-40. 2004We performed genetic investigations of cardiac troponin T (TNNT2) and troponin C (TNNC1) in 235 consecutive patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) to evaluate prevalence of mutations and associated disease expression in ..
- Mutations profile in Chinese patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathyLei Song
Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Fuwai Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037, China
Clin Chim Acta 351:209-16. 2005..There are more than 1 million patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) in China, but the genetic basis is presently unknown...
- Dilated cardiomyopathy mutations in three thin filament regulatory proteins result in a common functional phenotypeMahmooda Mirza
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, London SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:28498-506. 2005....
- F110I and R278C troponin T mutations that cause familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy affect muscle contraction in transgenic mice and reconstituted human cardiac fibersOlga M Hernandez
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C 20057, USA
J Biol Chem 280:37183-94. 2005..The combination of increased Ca(2+) sensitivity and energy cost in the F110I hearts may be responsible for the greater severity of this phenotype compared with the R278C mutation...
- Compound and double mutations in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: implications for genetic testing and counsellingJ Ingles
J Med Genet 42:e59. 2005..To report the frequency of single and multiple gene mutations in an Australian cohort of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- Troponin T and beta-myosin mutations have distinct cardiac functional effects in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patients without hypertrophyMiriam Revera
Department of Cardiology, IRCCS San Matteo Hospital, Pavia, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 77:687-94. 2008..The aims of this study were to investigate whether distinct HCM-mutations have different consequences for cardiac structure and function in the absence of the confounding effects of hypertrophy...
- A troponin T mutation that causes infantile restrictive cardiomyopathy increases Ca2+ sensitivity of force development and impairs the inhibitory properties of troponinJose R Pinto
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Biol Chem 283:2156-66. 2008..We are reporting the functional effects of the first cardiac troponin T (CTnT) mutation linked to infantile RCM resulting from a de novo deletion mutation of glutamic acid 96...
- Troponin T elevation and long-term mortality after chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbationP H Brekke
Dept of Medicine Akershus University Hospital, N 1478 Lørenskog, Norway
Eur Respir J 31:563-70. 2008..Median observation time was 1.9 yrs. In 396 patients, measurements of cardiac-specific troponin T (cTnT) were available. Levels of cTnT >/=0.04 mug.L(-1) were considered elevated...
- Relationships of N-terminal pro-B-natriuretic peptide and cardiac troponin T to left ventricular mass and function and mortality in asymptomatic hemodialysis patientsSangeetha Satyan
Indiana University School of Medicine and Richard L Roudebush Veterans Administration Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 50:1009-19. 2007Although the cardiac biomarker troponin T (cTnT) is related strongly to mortality in patients with end-stage renal disease, the independent association of N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP) and cTnT levels in ..
- Cardiac troponin T mutation in familial cardiomyopathy with variable remodeling and restrictive physiologyS C Menon
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Cardiology, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Genet 74:445-54. 2008..Linkage to eight genes was excluded, but a cardiac troponin T (TNNT2) marker cosegregated with the disease phenotype...
- Clinical and functional characterization of TNNT2 mutations identified in patients with dilated cardiomyopathyRay E Hershberger
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:306-13. 2009..This is critically important as genetic DCM, usually presenting with advanced, life-threatening disease, may be preventable with early intervention in relatives known to carry the mutation...
- Severe familial left ventricular non-compaction cardiomyopathy due to a novel troponin T (TNNT2) mutationMark Luedde
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 86:452-60. 2010..Here, we describe a family with LVNC due to a novel missense mutation, pE96K, in the cardiac troponin T gene (TNNT2).
- The extent of coronary atherosclerosis is associated with increasing circulating levels of high sensitive cardiac troponin TEduard M Laufer
Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1269-75. 2010This study explored the relationship between coronary atherosclerotic plaque burden and quantifiable circulating levels of troponin measured with a recently introduced high sensitive cardiac troponin T (hs-cTnT) assay.
- Clinical features and outcome of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy associated with triple sarcomere protein gene mutationsFrancesca Girolami
Unit for Genetic Diagnosis, Careggi University Hospital, Florence, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:1444-53. 2010..The aim of this study was to describe the clinical profile associated with triple sarcomere gene mutations in a large hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) cohort...
- Cardiac troponin T measured by a highly sensitive assay predicts coronary heart disease, heart failure, and mortality in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities StudyJustin T Saunders
6565 Fannin, MS A 601, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circulation 123:1367-76. 2011We evaluated whether cardiac troponin T (cTnT) measured with a new highly sensitive assay was associated with incident coronary heart disease (CHD), mortality, and hospitalization for heart failure (HF) in a general population of ..
- 72-h kinetics of high-sensitive troponin T and inflammatory markers after marathonJohannes Scherr
Department of Prevention and Sports Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Munich, Germany
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:1819-27. 2011..However, it is still unclear whether this is caused by cardiomyocyte necrosis or secondary mechanisms such as ischemia, cardiac energy deficiency, increased inflammation, or renal dysfunction...
- Cardiac Troponin T (TNNT2) mutations are less prevalent in Indian hypertrophic cardiomyopathy patientsDeepa Selvi Rani
CSIR Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, India
DNA Cell Biol 31:616-24. 2012We sought to determine the frequency of the genetic variations in the Troponin T (TNNT2) gene and its association in Indian cardiomyopathy patients...
- Long-term outcomes in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy caused by mutations in the cardiac troponin T geneFerdinando Pasquale
Heart Hospital, Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 5:10-7. 2012Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy caused by mutations in the cardiac troponin T gene (TNNT2) has been associated with a high risk of sudden cardiac death (SCD) and mild left ventricular hypertrophy...
- Utility of 14 novel biomarkers in patients with acute chest pain and undetectable levels of conventional cardiac troponinChristophe Meune
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Int J Cardiol 167:1164-9. 2013..The aim of this multicenter study was to determine the accuracy of multiple biomarkers in these patients...
- High-sensitivity cardiac troponin in the distinction of acute myocardial infarction from acute cardiac noncoronary artery diseasePhilip Haaf
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Circulation 126:31-40. 2012..We hypothesized that high-sensitivity cardiac troponin (hs-cTn) and its early change are useful in distinguishing acute myocardial infarction (AMI) from acute cardiac noncoronary artery disease...
- Disease-related cardiac troponins alter thin filament Ca2+ association and dissociation ratesBin Liu
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e38259. 2012..Troponin C may act as a hub, sensing physiological and pathological stimuli to modulate the Ca(2+)-binding properties of the thin filament and influence the contractile performance of the heart...
- Troponin T for the detection of dialysis-induced myocardial stunning in hemodialysis patientsTobias Breidthardt
School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health, University of Nottingham Medical School at Derby and Department of Renal Medicine, Royal Derby Hospital, Derby, United Kingdom
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:1285-92. 2012..Circulating troponin T levels are frequently elevated in patients undergoing long-term dialysis. The pathophysiology underlying these elevations is controversial...
- Angiotensin II blockade reverses myocardial fibrosis in a transgenic mouse model of human hypertrophic cardiomyopathyD S Lim
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiovascular Sciences and DeBakey Heart Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Circulation 103:789-91. 2001..METHODS AND RESULTS: We randomized 24 adult cardiac troponin T (cTnT-Q(92)) mice, which exhibit myocyte disarray and interstitial fibrosis, to treatment with losartan or placebo and ..
- Evaluating a new graphical ordinal logit method (GOLDminer) in the diagnosis of myocardial infarction utilizing clinical features and laboratory dataL H Bernstein
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, Bridgeport Hospital, Connecticut 06610, USA
Yale J Biol Med 72:259-68. 1999OBJECTIVE: We used a new graphical ordinal logit method (GOLDminer) to assess a single cardiac troponin T (cTnT) analysis at the time of admission (first generation monoclonal; Roche BMC Corp...
- Patterns and diagnostic value of cardiac troponin I vs. troponin T and CKMB after OPCAB surgeryA A Peivandi
Department for Cardiothoracic Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University Hospital, Mainz, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 49:137-43. 2001..this prospective study was to determine the patterns and kinetic and diagnostic value of cTnI, cardiac troponin T (cTnT), and creatine kinase MB (CKMB) activity after minimally invasive coronary revascularization using an octopus ..
- Expression of a mutant (Arg92Gln) human cardiac troponin T, known to cause hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, impairs adult cardiac myocyte contractilityA J Marian
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex, USA
Circ Res 81:76-85. 1997..To test this hypothesis, we determined the impact of expression of a mutant (Arg92Gln) human cardiac troponin T (cTnT), known to cause HCM in humans, on adult cardiac myocyte contractility...
- Results from a multicenter evaluation of the 4th generation Elecsys Troponin T assayD Hermsen
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratorv Diagnostics, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Clin Lab 53:1-9. 2007..heparin plasma samples have been described for many commercial troponin assays including the cardiac troponin T (cTnT) assay...
- Troponin I, troponin T, CKMB-activity and CKMB-mass as markers for the detection of myocardial contusion in patients who experienced blunt traumaJ C Swaanenburg
Central Clinical Chemical Laboratory, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Chim Acta 272:171-81. 1998..We investigated the assessment of the new cardiac markers troponin I (cTnI) and troponin T (cTnT) in relation to the conventional CKMB-activity, the CKMB-activity/CK-total ratio, CKMB-mass and the CKMB-mass/CK-..
- A new sensitive cardiac Troponin T rapid test (TROPT) for the detection of experimental acute myocardial damage in ratsT Bertsch
Institute for Clinical Chemistry, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim of the University of Heidelberg, Germany
Exp Toxicol Pathol 51:565-9. 1999Cardiac Troponin T (cTnT) is a cardiac structural protein which is released in the circulation during myocardial cell damage...
- Prognostic value of troponin T and homocysteine in patients with end-stage renal diseaseAsife Sahinarslan
Department of Cardiology, Medicine Faculty of Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 36:382-7. 2008The most important cause of increased mortality in end-stage renal disease (ESRD) is cardiovascular diseases. We investigated the prognostic value of cardiac troponin T (cTnT) and homocysteine in the long-term follow-up of ESRD patients.
- Reference population and marathon runner sera assessed by highly sensitive cardiac troponin T and commercial cardiac troponin T and I assaysAlma Mingels
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin Chem 55:101-8. 2009..The application of recently developed highly sensitive cTn immunoassays may help resolve these problems...
- Mutual rescues between two dominant negative mutations in cardiac troponin I and cardiac troponin TBin Wei
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 285:27806-16. 2010..helix of cardiac TnI (cTnI) in wild turkey hearts in concurrence with an abnormally spliced myopathic cardiac TnT (cTnT) (Biesiadecki, B. J., Schneider, K. L., Yu, Z. B., Chong, S. M., and Jin, J. P. (2004) J. Biol. Chem...
- Diagnosis of myocardial infarction: integration of serum markers and clinical descriptors using information theoryL H Bernstein
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Bridgeport Hospital, Connecticut 06610, USA
Yale J Biol Med 72:5-13. 1999We examine the use of information theory applied to a single cardiac troponin T (cTnT) (first generation monoclonal; Boehringer Mannheim Corp...
- Cardiac troponin T vs other biochemical markers in patients with congestive heart failureYukiko Nishio
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Circ J 71:631-5. 2007..Cardiac troponin T (cTnT), a specific and sensitive marker of myocardial injury, has been related to long-term outcome in patients with CHF, ..
- Combined utility of brain natriuretic peptide and cardiac troponin T may improve rapid triage and risk stratification in normotensive patients with pulmonary embolismIgor I Tulevski
Department of Cardiology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, 1100 DD, The Netherlands
Int J Cardiol 116:161-6. 2007Evaluation of the combined utility of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and cardiac troponin T (cTnT) for risk stratification in normotensive patients with acute pulmonary embolism...
- Sustained elevated concentrations of cardiac troponin T during acute allograft rejection after heart transplantation in childrenHåkan Wåhlander
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, The Queen Silvia Children s Hospital, SU Ostra, SE 416 85 Goteborg, Sweden
Transplantation 74:1130-5. 2002..We evaluated the myocardial damage marker cardiac troponin T (cTnT) as a marker of rejection in children who have undergone heart transplantation.
- Effect of patent ductus arteriosus and indomethacin treatment on serum cardiac troponin T levels in preterm infants with respiratory distress syndromeD Trevisanuto
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Italy
Eur J Pediatr 159:273-6. 2000Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) represents a sensitive and specific marker of ischemic myocardial damage in adult and neonatal populations...
- [Plasma levels of troponin T in rabbits after administration of new antineoplastic agents (Oracin and Dimefluron) and daunorubicin]M Adamcova
Univerzita Karlova v Praze, Lekarska fakulta v Hradci Kralove
Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove) Suppl 44:3-8. 2001Recently, cardiac troponin T (cTnT) has been shown to be a sensitive marker of anthracycline-induced cardiomyopathy. In our study, the cardiotoxicity of repeated i.v...
- Timing of peak troponin T and creatine kinase-MB elevations after percutaneous coronary interventionWayne L Miller
Cardiovascular Division, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 125:275-80. 2004The prognostic significance of elevations in creatine kinase-MB and troponin T (cTnT), which have been conventionally measured 6 to 8 h after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), has been established...
- Troponin T measurement can predict persistent left ventricular dysfunction in peripartum cardiomyopathyC L Hu
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital, Wuhan University School of Medicine, Wuchang District, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Heart 93:488-90. 2007To determine whether measurement of cardiac troponin T (cTnT) concentration in newly diagnosed peripartum cardiomyopathy (PPCM) can be used to predict persistent left ventricular dysfunction after a 6-month follow-up.
- The influence of chest compressions and external defibrillation on the release of creatine kinase-MB and cardiac troponin T in patients resuscitated from out-of-hospital cardiac arrestM Mullner
Department of Emergency Medicine, Vienna General Hospital, University of Vienna, Medical School, Austria
Resuscitation 38:99-105. 1998This study sought to determine the influence of resuscitative procedures, such as chest compressions and external defibrillation, on the release of creatine kinase (CK)-MB and cardiac troponin T (cTnT).
- Cardiac troponin T as a marker of myocardial damage caused by antineoplastic drugs in rabbitsM Adamcova
Department of Physiology, Charles University Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 125:268-74. 1999..of antineoplastic drugs were investigated in rabbits in vivo from the viewpoint of release of cardiac troponin T (cTnT) measured by Elecsys Troponin T STAT immunoassay (Boehringer Mannheim, Germany)...
- Cardiac troponin T and I and creatine kinase-MB as markers of myocardial injury and predictors of outcome following percutaneous coronary interventionThuraia Nageh
King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Int J Cardiol 92:285-93. 2003....
- Troponin T, N-terminal pro natriuretic peptide and a patent ductus arteriosus scoring system predict death before discharge or neurodevelopmental outcome at 2 years in preterm infantsAfif F El-Khuffash
Department of Neonatology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 96:F133-7. 2011..The use of troponin T (cTnT) and N-terminal Pro-BNP (NTpBNP) in combination with echocardiography assessment may facilitate the development of ..
- Cardiac troponin T as an indicator of reduced left ventricular contractility in experimental anthracycline-induced cardiomyopathyTomas Simunek
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Heyrovskeho 1203, 500 05 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 52:431-4. 2003Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) plasma concentration is considered a useful marker of anthracycline-induced cardiomyopathy...
- Cardiac troponin T content in heart and skeletal muscle and in blood samples from ApoE/LDL receptor double knockout miceChristian Löwbeer
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Sweden
Clin Chim Acta 344:73-8. 2004The isolated perfused mouse heart is a useful experimental model, and cardiac troponin T (cTnT) in coronary effluent may be a sensitive marker of myocardial damage...
- Cardiac troponin T in patients with clinically suspected myocarditisB Lauer
Herzzentrum Leipzig, Universitätsklinik für Kardiologie, Leipzig, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 30:1354-9. 1997..whether myocyte injury can be assessed sensitively by measurement of serum levels of cardiac troponin T (cTnT) in patients with clinically suspected myocarditis and whether cTnT levels may predict the results of histologic ..
- Cardiac troponin T in chest pain unit patients without ischemic electrocardiographic changes: angiographic correlates and long-term clinical outcomesC R deFilippi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 35:1827-34. 2000We prospectively evaluated the relation between cardiac troponin T (cTnT) level, the presence and severity of coronary artery disease (CAD) and long-term prognosis in patients with chest pain but no ischemic electrocardiographic (ECG) ..
- Cardiac troponin T: a marker in the diagnosis of acute myocarditis in childrenJ Soongswang
Department of Pediatrics, Siriraj Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Mahidol University, 2 Prannok Road, Bangkok, 10700, Thailand
Pediatr Cardiol 26:45-9. 2005This study was conducted to assess the use of serum cardiac troponin T (cTnT) level as a noninvasive indicator to diagnose acute myocarditis in children...
- The role of cardiac troponin T quantity and function in cardiac development and dilated cardiomyopathyFerhaan Ahmad
Cardiovascular Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2642. 2008..and dilated (DCM) cardiomyopathies result from sarcomeric protein mutations, including cardiac troponin T (cTnT, TNNT2)...
- Cardiac troponin T and I, echocardiographic [correction of electrocardiographic] wall motion analyses, and ejection fractions in athletes participating in the Hawaii Ironman TriathlonN Rifai
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Cardiol 83:1085-9. 1999Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) and troponin I (cTnI) are highly sensitive and specific for detecting myocardial damage even in the presence of skeletal muscle injury...
- Cardiac troponin T levels are associated with poor short- and long-term prognosis in patients with acute cardiogenic pulmonary edemaEduardo Roque Perna
Coronary Intensive Care Unit, Instituto de Cardiologia Juana F Cabral, Corrientes, Argentina
Am Heart J 143:814-20. 2002The clinical determinants of increased cardiac troponin T (cTnT) in patients with acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema are not well defined, and the ability of this marker to predict long-term mortality has not yet been documented.
- Cardiac troponin T and C-reactive protein for predicting prognosis, coronary atherosclerosis, and cardiomyopathy in patients undergoing long-term hemodialysisChristopher deFilippi
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore 21201, USA
JAMA 290:353-9. 2003Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) and C-reactive protein (CRP) are prognostic markers in acute coronary syndromes...
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography and cardiac troponin T for the detection of significant coronary artery disease and predicting outcome in renal transplant candidatesR Sharma
Department of Cardiology, St George s Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Echocardiogr 6:327-35. 2005..assess the diagnostic accuracy of dobutamine stress echocardiography (DSE) and baseline plasma cardiac troponin T (cTnT) for detecting significant CAD and predicting adverse cardiac events in patients referred for renal transplantation.
- Troponin T modulates sarcomere length-dependent recruitment of cross-bridges in cardiac muscleMurali Chandra
Department of Veterinary and Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology and Physiology, Washington State University, Pullman, 99164 6520, USA
Biophys J 90:2867-76. 2006..Dynamic features of rat cardiac TnT (cTnT) and rat fast skeletal TnT (fsTnT) reconstituted cardiac muscle preparations were captured by fitting the force ..
- Elevated cardiac troponin T is associated with increased left ventricular mass index and predicts mortality in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patientsDursun Duman
Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, Department of Cardiology, Ahmet Refik Sok Ceylan Apt 19 5, Ciftehavuzlar, 81060 Istanbul, Turkey
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:962-7. 2005..Elevated cardiac troponin T (cTnT) is related to increased left ventricular mass index (LVMI) and predicts poor outcome in chronic haemodialysis ..
- Importance of early combined N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and cardiac troponin T measurements for long-term risk stratification of patients with decompensated heart failureEduardo R Perna
Heart Failure Clinic, Instituto de Cardiologia J F Cabral, Corrientes, Argentina
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:1230-40. 2006..We prospectively studied the optimal timing of combined cardiac troponin T (cTnT) and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) measurements for long-term risk stratification.
- Exercise-induced cardiac troponin T release: a meta-analysisRobert Shave
Centre for Sports Medicine and Human Performance, Brunel University, Uxbridge, United Kingdom
Med Sci Sports Exerc 39:2099-106. 2007Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) is a highly specific marker of myocardial damage and used clinically in the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction (AMI). Release of cTnT has been demonstrated in several small studies after endurance exercise...
- Long-term survival and cardiac troponin T elevation in on- and off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryJeremiah R Brown
The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Heart Surg Forum 11:E163-8. 2008..Long-term survival and elevation in cardiac troponin T (cTnT) concentration following CCAB and OPCAB have not been assessed...
- Prognostic value of serum concentration of heart-type fatty acid-binding protein relative to cardiac troponin T on admission in the early hours of acute coronary syndromeJunnichi Ishii
Division of Critical Care, Fujita Health University Graduate School of Health Sciences, Toyoake, Japan
Clin Chem 51:1397-404. 2005..We evaluated the prognostic value of the H-FABP concentration relative to cardiac troponin T (cTnT) in the early hours of ACS.
- Elevated cardiac troponin T in predialysis patients is associated with inflammation and predicts mortalityC Löwbeer
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Karolinska Institutet at Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intern Med 253:153-60. 2003Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) is a highly sensitive and specific marker of myocardial damage. It has been shown that elevated serum concentrations of cTnT in haemodialysis (HD) patients are associated with poor prognostic outcome...
- C-reactive protein is a potent predictor of mortality independently of and in combination with troponin T in acute coronary syndromes: a TIMI 11A substudy. Thrombolysis in Myocardial InfarctionD A Morrow
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 31:1460-5. 1998..evaluated C-reactive protein (CRP) alone and in conjunction with a rapid qualitative assay for cardiac-specific troponin T (cTnT) for predicting 14-day mortality in patients with unstable angina or non-Q wave myocardial infarction (NQMI).
- Value of serial troponin T measures for early and late risk stratification in patients with acute coronary syndromes. The GUSTO-IIa InvestigatorsL K Newby
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC, USA
Circulation 98:1853-9. 1998The baseline cardiac troponin T (cTnT) level strongly predicts short-term mortality in acute coronary syndromes, but the added value of later measures to predict short- and long-term outcome and in the context of baseline clinical ..
- Elevated cardiac troponin T in peritoneal dialysis patients is associated with CRP and predicts all-cause mortality and cardiac deathChristian Löwbeer
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences and Technology, Karolinska Institutet at Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:2178-83. 2002Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) is a highly sensitive and specific marker of myocardial damage. In sera from patients with end-stage renal disease, cTnT may be elevated without other signs of acute myocardial injury...
- Differential use of cardiac troponin T versus I in hemodialysis patientsT Fehr
Division of Nephrology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Nephrol 59:35-9. 2003Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) is frequently elevated in asymptomatic hemodialysis (HD) patients and predicts increased cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Compared to cTnT, cardiac troponin I (cTnI) has a shorter half-life...
- Detectable serum cardiac troponin T as a marker of poor prognosis among patients with chronic precapillary pulmonary hypertensionAdam Torbicki
Department of Chest Medicine, Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Circulation 108:844-8. 2003..We checked whether detection of cardiac troponin T (cTnT), a specific marker of myocyte injury, could be useful in prognostic stratification of those patients.
- Serum cardiac troponin T in patients hospitalized with heart failure is associated with left ventricular hypertrophy and systolic dysfunctionC Löwbeer
Division of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Medilab AB, Box 1550, SE 183 15 Täby, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 64:667-76. 2004Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) is a highly sensitive and specific marker of acute myocardial infarction...
- Elevated cardiac troponin T in hemodialysis patients receiving more intravenous iron sucroseGalip Guz
Department of Nephrology, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Ren Fail 26:663-72. 2004Elevated cardiac troponin T (cTnT) has been associated with shorter survival in hemodialysis patients...
- Increase in tension-dependent ATP consumption induced by cardiac troponin T mutationMurali Chandra
Dept of VCAPP, Washington State Univ, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H2112-9. 2005How different mutations in cardiac troponin T (cTnT) lead to distinct secondary downstream cellular remodeling in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) remains elusive...
- Usefulness of peak troponin-T to predict infarct size and long-term outcome in patients with first acute myocardial infarction after primary percutaneous coronary interventionAyman K M Hassan
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 103:779-84. 2009In acute myocardial infarction cardiac troponin-T (cTnT) is the preferred biomarker to detect myocardial necrosis...
- Cardiac troponin T elevation after stroke: relationships between elevated serum troponin T, stroke location, and prognosisHwa Suk Song
Department of Neurology, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Clin Neurol 4:75-83. 2008Elevation of serum cardiac troponin T (cTnT) is regarded as a specific marker of acute coronary syndrome. Serum cTnT can be increased in patients with acute ischemic stroke, but its clinical implications remain unclear...
- Impact of cardiac troponin T N-terminal deletion and phosphorylation on myofilament functionMarius P Sumandea
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Biochemistry 48:7722-31. 2009Cardiac troponin T (cTnT) is a phosphoprotein that modulates cardiac muscle contraction through its extensive and diverse interactions with neighboring thin filament proteins...
- Cardiac troponin T for risk stratification in decompensated chronic heart failureCarlos Henrique del Carlo
Instituto do Coracao, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 92:372-80, 389-97, 404-12. 2009..The cardiac troponins are highly sensitive and specific markers of myocardial injury. They have been detected in heart failure (HF) and are associated with a bad prognosis...
- Prospective, comprehensive assessment of cardiac troponin T testing after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryAsim A Mohammed
Cardiology Division and Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 120:843-50. 2009..The significance and clinical role of cardiac troponin testing after coronary artery bypass grafting remain unclear...
- Cardiac troponin T as a prognostic marker in patients with heart failure : a 3-year outcome studyMesut Demir
Department of Cardiology, Cukurova University, School of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
Angiology 58:603-9. 2007Cardiac troponin T (cTnT), a highly sensitive and specific indicator of myocardial cell death, may be elevated in congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- cTnT can be a useful marker for early detection of anthracycline cardiotoxicityS Kilickap
Department of Medical Oncology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Oncol 16:798-804. 2005The level of serum cardiac troponin-T (cTnT) increases with myocardial damage. We sought to assess whether cTnT level could be a useful marker for the early detection of anthracycline cardiotoxicity.
- Sarcomeric proteins and familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: linking mutations in structural proteins to complex cardiovascular phenotypesJil C Tardiff
Department of Physiology and Biophysics and the Department of Medicine Cardiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Heart Fail Rev 10:237-48. 2005..of the major structural components of the cardiac sarcomere: the thick filament (beta MyHC), the thin filament (cTnT and Tm) and associated proteins (MyBP-C)...
- Impact of time to reperfusion after acute myocardial infarction on myocardial damage assessed by left ventricular longitudinal strainMatteo Bertini
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 104:480-5. 2009The relation between cardiac troponin T (cTnT) and regional strain in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI) was investigated...
- FGF-23 and osteoprotegerin are independently associated with myocardial damage in chronic kidney disease stages 3 and 4. Another link between chronic kidney disease-mineral bone disorder and the heartMartin L Ford
Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Brighton, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:727-33. 2012..Troponin T (cTnT) is released from cardiac myocytes under conditions of stress and is predictive of mortality across a range of ..
- The Role of Cardiomyopathic Troponin C Mutations in Skeletal and Cardiac Muscle CJose Renato Pinto; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The cardiac troponin complex (CTn) is made up of cardiac troponin T (CTnT), that attaches the complex to the thin filament;cardiac troponin I (CTnI), involved in the inhibition of muscle contraction ..
- Jian Ping Jin; Fiscal Year: 2014..This research project investigates the role of a novel posttranslational modification of cardiac TnT (cTnT) in myocardial adaptation to energetic crisis...
- Jose Renato Pinto; Fiscal Year: 2014Project Summary The cardiac troponin complex (CTn) is made up of cardiac troponin T (CTnT), that attaches the complex to the thin filament;cardiac troponin I (CTnI), involved in the inhibition of muscle contraction and cardiac/slow ..
- Mechanistic Understanding of Troponin T Role in Cardiac Thin Filament ActivationMurali Chandra; Fiscal Year: 2012..interactions among contractile regulatory pro- teins, which include cardiac troponin C (cTnC), troponin T (cTnT), troponin I (cTnI), and tropomyosin (Tm)...
- Structural Mechanisms Modulating Contraction in Normal and Diseased HeartPaul R Rosevear; Fiscal Year: 2010..troponin (cTn) is the calcium sensitive switch consisting of troponin C (cTnC), troponin I (cTnl), and troponin T (cTnT). Unique isoforms of the cardiac subunits allow modification of heart contraction during development and disease...
- FHC Tn Mutations: Functional Consequences & MechanismsJames Potter; Fiscal Year: 2005..heavy chain (MHC) mutations, in general, have a higher level of cardiac hypertrophy, those with cardiac Troponin T (CTnT) and some of the reported Troponin I (CTnI) mutations have less hypertrophy and a higher incidence of sudden ..
- CARDIAC MUSCLE--MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF REGULATIONJOHN PUTKEY; Fiscal Year: 2000..Unfortunately, cTnC and the interactions between cTnC and cTnT have unique and clinically important features which can not be studied using the skeletal isoforms...
- REGULATION OF CARDIAC CROSS-BRIDGES BY TROPONIN TSCOTT BUCK; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- High sensitivity Troponin T as a novel predictor of cardiovascular eventsALEXIS LYNN BEATTY; Fiscal Year: 2012..This study proposes to evaluate the relationship between high-sensitivity cardiac Troponin T (hs-cTnT) and cardiovascular outcomes in subjects from the Heart and Soul Study, a longitudinal cohort study of 1024 ..
- ALDRIN VERNO GOMES; Fiscal Year: 2014..Mutations in cardiac troponin T (cTnT) are responsible for ~7% of all familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (FHC) cases...
- Control of Cardiac Troponin T Gene ExpressionJim Jung Ching Lin; Fiscal Year: 2006..We previously show that the transgene expression driven by rat cardiac troponin T (cTnT) proximal promoter is faithfully recapitulated the endogenous cTnT expression throughout the embryonic development ..
- Cardiovascular Status of HAART-Exposed Infants/ChildrenSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2006..HIV seroreverter cohorts to determine how left ventricular (LV) structure and function, serum cardiac troponin T (cTnT), serum pro brain natriuretic peptide (proBNP), and serum high sensitivity C reactive protein (hsCRP) are affected ..
- MECHANISM OF MIS-SPLICING IN MYOTONIC DYSTROPHY 1MUGE KUYUMCU MARTINEZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..CUG-BP1 regulates alternative splicing of cardiac troponin T (cTNT), insulin receptor (IR) and chloride channel (CIC-1) pre-mRNAs that are mis-spliced in DM1 striated muscle...
- MOLECULAR STUDY OF CARDIOGENESISCharles Ordahl; Fiscal Year: 2002..between two distinct regulatory domains that control cardiac-specific transcription of the cardiac troponin T gene (cTNT)...
- CARDIAC TROPONIN T MUTATIONS AND HEART FUNCTIONAmy Sehnert; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research plan specifically addresses the affect of cardiac troponin T (cTnT) mutations on cardiac contractility...
- TRANSCRIPTION OF MUSCLE-SPECIFIC GENES IN MYOGENESISCharles Ordahl; Fiscal Year: 1992..We have characterized an embryo specific muscle gene, the gene encoding cardiac troponin T (cTNT)...
- Troponin Elevation in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome & Decreased Kidney FuClaudine T Jurkovitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will be a retrospective analysis of patients with documented cTnT admitted to the Christiana Care Health System since 2004...
- MUTANT SARCOMERIC PROTEINS AND CARDIAC DISEASEJoseph Metzger; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 2. To determine whether specific DCM and HCM mutations in tropomyosin (Tm) and cardiac troponin T (cTnT) will produce specific and distinct differences in cardiac myocyte performance...
- Jil C Tardiff; Fiscal Year: 2016..We now turn our attention to both TM and cTnT and focus on two unique disease mechanisms that are likely to be involved in the earliest development of ..
- TROPONIN MODULATION IN HEART FAILUREBeata M Wolska; Fiscal Year: 2013..the functional significance of diverse pathways of activation of PKC6 that induce dephosphorylation of cTnI and cTnT and phosphorylation of MyBP- C and Tm...
- Jil C Tardiff; Fiscal Year: 2016..The fact that the mutations we plan to study (all in cTnT) have in some cases been shown to effect significant changes on both these control mechanisms seems to demonstrate ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL CORRELATES-- MEMBRANE/CONTRACTILE PROTEINPage Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Myofilament function is regulated by troponin, a complex made of three subunits (cTnI, cTnC, cTnT): cTnI inhibits actin-myosin interaction, the binding of Ca2+ to cTnC disinhibits this interaction, and cTnT binds ..
- Artificial site-specific RNA endonuclease as new Myotonic Dystrophy therapeuticsZefeng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..ARSE treatment can reverse the mis-splicing of genes affected in patients and transgenic DM1 mouse (such as CIC-1, cTnT and SERCA1)...
- Wen Yi Chen; Fiscal Year: 2014..Of these, more than 80% can be found in 7 genes, namely LMNA, MYH6, MYH7, MYPN, TNNT2, SCN5a, and MYBPC3...
- SPECIALIZED CENTER OF RESEARCH IN HEART FAILUREDouglas Mann; Fiscal Year: 2004..Renin-angiotensin system (RAS) inhibitors will be assessed in transgenics harboring the human cTNT mutation and, in preparation for future gene therapy, Gene-Switch will be used to determine if the phenotype is ..
- Signaling Pathways in Cardiac HypertrophySTEPHEN LUCKEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..alpha-myosin heavy chain (alpha-MHC), and both a missense mutation and a truncated molecule of cardiac troponin T (cTnT)...
- Signaling in pathological & physiological hypertrophyJOHN KONHILAS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additional models contain a missense mutation of cardiac troponin T (cTnT) or a truncated cTnT. Interestingly, cTnT mutations result in significantly decreased ventricular mass...
- Genetic Mechanisms of Anthracycline Cardiotoxicity in Pediatric Cancer SurvivorsSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2009..of cardiac function via echocardiography and analysis of serum biomarkers of cardiac risk (lipids, proBNP, hsCRP, cTnT). We will determine: 1...
- CALCIUM SIGNALING IN CARDIAC MYOFILAMENTSR Solaro; Fiscal Year: 1999..Experiments proposed here test the hypothesis that isoform switching and phosphorylation of cardiac TnI (cTnI) and cTnT are important elements in the intrinsic (Starling's Law) and extrinsic (neurohumoral) control of cardiac output...
- Cardiac Troponin Testing for Myocardial InfarctionFred Apple; Fiscal Year: 2001We hypothesize that the analytical and clinical validation of cardiac troponin (cTnl) and cardiac troponin T (cTnT) will enable the establishment of reference ranges in a healthy population to be used as cutoff levels for the sensitive ..
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate goal of the proposed studies is to improve the prognosis of patient with this fatal disease. ..
- MECHANISMS OF HORMONE THERAPY IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENL Newby; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- REG OF SM22 ALPHA TRANSCRIPTION IN SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSMichael Parmacek; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Developmental regulation of cardiac gene expressionAnthony Azakie; Fiscal Year: 2007..An understanding of the transcriptional mechanisms that control cardiogenesis may also elucidate the molecular pathogenesis of various congenital heart defects and cardiomyopathies. ..
- Molecular Basis of Myocardin Function in the HeartMichael S Parmacek; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide new understanding into cardiac development as well as the underlying causes of heart failure and cardiomyopathy. ..
- Cellular Mechanisms in the Pathogenesis of FHCJIL TARDIFF; Fiscal Year: 2006..To date, all of the mutations linked to FHC encode sarcomeric proteins. Mutations in the cardiac Troponin T (cTnT) gene result in a particularly poor clinical outcome...
- GEISHA, a Chicken Embryo Gene Expression ResourcePARKER ANTIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..This centralized repository for in situ hybridization gene expression information will provide a valuable and comprehensive resource for the biomedical research community. ..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseCHRISTOPHER O CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2008..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Testosterone in TNFR1 Signaling During Acute Myocardial InjuryMeijing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CORONARY THROMBOSIS AND RISK IN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTGary Green; Fiscal Year: 2003..The ED physician's judgement will then be compared to the potential clinical utility and cost effectiveness of this "comprehensive predictive instrument" for both diagnosis and risk stratification. ..
- REGULATION OF CARDIAC MYOGENESISPARKER ANTIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..This information will increase our understanding of both normal and abnormal heart development and may suggest ways to alter heart development or replication of cardiac myocytes. ..
- Gordon Research Conference:Cardiac Regulatory MechanismsR Solaro; Fiscal Year: 2002..Much of the time of the meeting is devoted to debates and discussion. Presentations of late breaking science from young investigator will be added from the posters submitted to the meeting. ..