Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TNIK
Description: TRAF2 and NCK interacting kinase
Alias: MRT54, TRAF2 and NCK-interacting protein kinase
- Antisense display--a method for functional gene screening: evaluation in a cell-free system and isolation of angiogenesis-related genesH Yonekura
Department of Biochemistry, Center for Biomedical Research, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 27:2591-600. 1999..The results suggest that the antisense display method is potentially useful for isolating new genes towards elucidating their functions...
- Identification and functional characterization of a novel human misshapen/Nck interacting kinase-related kinase, hMINK betaYuanming Hu
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 279:54387-97. 2004..Similar to Nck interacting kinase (NIK) and Traf2 and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK), hMINK beta moderately activates c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) and associates with Nck via the intermediate domain ..
- TNIK, a novel member of the germinal center kinase family that activates the c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathway and regulates the cytoskeletonC A Fu
Rigel, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30729-37. 1999..Here we describe the cloning and characterization of a novel GCK family kinase, Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) that interacts with both Traf2 and Nck. TNIK encodes a polypeptide of 1360 amino acids with eight spliced isoforms...
- Regulation of Rap2A by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 controls neurite developmentHiroshi Kawabe
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Neuron 65:358-72. 2010..Nedd4-1, the serine/threonine kinase TNIK, and Rap2A form a complex that controls Nedd4-1-mediated ubiquitination of Rap2A...
- The kinase TNIK is an essential activator of Wnt target genesTokameh Mahmoudi
Hubrecht Institute KNAW and University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
EMBO J 28:3329-40. 2009..Using a proteomics approach, we identified Tnik, a member of the germinal centre kinase family as a Tcf4 interactor in the proliferative crypts of mouse small ..
- The Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase as a putative effector of Rap2 to regulate actin cytoskeletonKiyohito Taira
Division of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara cho, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:49488-96. 2004..By liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry, we have identified p155 as Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK)...
- Prognostic significance of Traf2- and Nck- interacting kinase (TNIK) in colorectal cancerHidenori Takahashi
Department of Surgical Oncology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8519, Japan
BMC Cancer 15:794. 2015..The potential of expression profiling using microarray analysis as a tool to predict the prognosis for different types of cancer has been realized. This study aimed to identify a novel biomarker for colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- The essential role of TNIK gene amplification in gastric cancer growthD H Yu
Innovation Center China, AstraZeneca, Shanghai, China
Oncogenesis 2:e89. 2014Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) is one of the germinal center kinase family members involved in cytoskeleton organization and neuronal dendrite extension...
- The PDZ domain of the guanine nucleotide exchange factor PDZGEF directs binding to phosphatidic acid during brush border formationSarah V Consonni
Department of Molecular Cancer Research, Center for Molecular Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e98253. 2014..activates Rap2a resulting in induction of brush border formation via a pathway that includes the polarity players TNIK, Mst4 and Ezrin...
- Nuclear expression of phosphorylated TRAF2- and NCK-interacting kinase in hepatocellular carcinoma is associated with poor prognosisJing Jin
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 799, Republic of Korea
Pathol Res Pract 210:621-7. 2014TRAF2- and NCK-interacting kinase (TNIK) is a member of the germinal center kinase family and a transcription factor 4 (TCF4) interactor is recruited to promoters of Wnt target genes via phosphorylation of the TCF/β-catenin complex...
- Silencing of STRN4 suppresses the malignant characteristics of cancer cellsMeihong Wong
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Sci 105:1526-32. 2014..We previously reported that STRN4 directly associated with protein kinases, such as MINK1, TNIK and MAP4K4, which are associated with tumor suppression or tumor progression...
- A novel aminothiazole KY-05009 with potential to inhibit Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) attenuates TGF-β1-mediated epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cellsJiyeon Kim
Department of Biomedical Laboratory Science, School of Medicine, Eulji University, Jung Gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 9:e110180. 2014..Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) has recently been considered as a first-in-class anti-cancer target molecule to regulate Wnt signaling pathway, ..
- Organization of TNIK in dendritic spinesAlain C Burette
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 27599
J Comp Neurol 523:1913-24. 2015..factor receptor-associated factor 2 (TRAF2)- and noncatalytic region of tyrosine kinase (NCK)-interacting kinase (TNIK) has been identified as an interactor in the psychiatric risk factor, Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 (DISC1)...
- TNIK serves as a novel biomarker associated with poor prognosis in patients with pancreatic cancerYong Zhang
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Inner Mongolia People s Hospital, No 20 Zhao Wuda Road, Inner Mongolia, Hohhot, 010017, China
Tumour Biol 37:1035-40. 2016Traf-2 and Nck interacting kinase (TNIK) is one of the STE20/MAP4K family members implicated in carcinogenesis and progression of several human malignancies...
- Association studies of genomic variants with treatment response to risperidone, clozapine, quetiapine and chlorpromazine in the Chinese Han populationQ Xu
Bio X Institutes, Key Laboratory for the Genetics of Developmental and Neuropsychiatric Disorders Ministry of Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Pharmacogenomics J 16:357-65. 2016..Also, we found several new candidate genes (TNIK, RELN, NOTCH4 and SLC6A2) and combinations (haplotype rs1544325-rs5993883-rs6269-rs4818 in COMT) that are ..
- From transcriptomic to protein level changes in TDP-43 and FUS loss-of-function cell modelsClaudia Colombrita
Department of Pathophysiology and Transplantation, Dino Ferrari Center Università degli Studi di Milano, Milan 20122, Italy Department of Neurology and Laboratory of Neuroscience, IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan 20149, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1849:1398-410. 2015..TDP-43 and FUS were found to regulate splicing and expression of genes related to neuronal (SEPT6, SULT4A1, TNIK) and RNA metabolism (DICER, ELAVL3/HuC, POLDIP3)...
- Comprehensive Modeling and Discovery of Mebendazole as a Novel TRAF2- and NCK-interacting Kinase InhibitorZhi Tan
Integrated Molecular Discovery Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Sci Rep 6:33534. 2016TRAF2- and NCK-interacting kinase (TNIK) represents one of the crucial targets for Wnt-activated colorectal cancer...
- TNIK inhibition abrogates colorectal cancer stemnessMari Masuda
Division of Chemotherapy and Clinical Research, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Nat Commun 7:12586. 2016..We and others have previously identified Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) as an essential regulatory component of the T-cell factor-4 and β-catenin transcriptional complex...
- Therapeutic targets in the Wnt signaling pathway: Feasibility of targeting TNIK in colorectal cancerMari Masuda
Division of Chemotherapy and Clinical Research, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Pharmacol Ther 156:1-9. 2015..Traf2- and Nck-interacting protein kinase (TNIK) has been identified as a regulatory component of the T-cell factor-4 and β-catenin transcriptional complex ..
- Identification of Phosphorylation Consensus Sequences and Endogenous Neuronal Substrates of the Psychiatric Risk Kinase TNIKQi Wang
Neuroscience and Pain Research Unit, BioTherapeutics Research and Development, Pfizer Inc Cambridge, Massachusetts Q W, S p A, D M R, N J B, M D E Center of Chemistry Innovation and Excellence, Pfizer Inc, Groton, Connecticut M M H Neuroscience Medicinal Chemistry, Pfizer Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts B L K, P R V and Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts L X
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 356:410-23. 2016Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) is a serine/threonine kinase highly expressed in the brain and enriched in the postsynaptic density of glutamatergic synapses in the mammalian brain...
- Fbxo3-Dependent Fbxl2 Ubiquitination Mediates Neuropathic Allodynia through the TRAF2/TNIK/GluR1 CascadeTzer Bin Lin
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 11049, Taiwan, Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan, Department of Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung 41354, Taiwan
J Neurosci 35:16545-60. 2015..we report that the abundance of tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 2 and NcK-interacting kinase (TNIK), a kinase that is presumed to regulate neural plasticity, was specifically enhanced in ipsilateral dorsal horn ..
- Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) is involved in the anti-cancer mechanism of dovitinib in human multiple myeloma IM-9 cellsHae Jung Chon
Department of Biomedical Laboratory Science, School of Medicine, Eulji University, Daejeon, 34824, Korea
Amino Acids 48:1591-9. 2016Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) is a member of the germinal center kinase family...
- A null mutation in TNIK defines a novel locus for intellectual disabilityShams Anazi
Department of Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Hum Genet 135:773-8. 2016..Exome sequencing of the index in each family revealed the same homozygous truncating mutation in TNIK that results in complete loss of the protein...
- Convergent functional genomics of schizophrenia: from comprehensive understanding to genetic risk predictionM Ayalew
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Mol Psychiatry 17:887-905. 2012..NDUFV2, RAB18, as well as ADCYAP1, BDNF, CNR1, COMT, DRD2, DTNBP1, GAD1, GRIA1, GRIN2B, HTR2A, NRG1, RELN, SNAP-25, TNIK), brain development, myelination, cell adhesion, glutamate receptor signaling, G-protein-coupled receptor signaling ..
- DISC1-binding proteins in neural development, signalling and schizophreniaNicholas J Bradshaw
Medical Genetics Section, Molecular Medicine Centre, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, Midlothian EH4 2XU, UK
Neuropharmacology 62:1230-41. 2012..neural progenitor proliferation (GSK3β), neurosignalling (Girdin, GSK3β, PDE4) and synaptic function (Kal7, TNIK)...
- Comparison of ultracentrifugation, density gradient separation, and immunoaffinity capture methods for isolating human colon cancer cell line LIM1863-derived exosomesBow J Tauro
Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Methods 56:293-304. 2012..Additionally, several cancer-related proteins were identified in IAC-Exos including various ephrins (EFNB1, EFNB2) and Eph receptors (EPHA2-8, EPHB1-4), and components involved in Wnt (CTNNB1, TNIK) and Ras (CRK, GRB2) signalling.
- CD27 signaling on chronic myelogenous leukemia stem cells activates Wnt target genes and promotes disease progressionChristian Schürch
Tumor Immunology, Department of Clinical Research, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 122:624-38. 2012..target genes in LSCs by enhancing nuclear localization of active β-catenin and TRAF2- and NCK-interacting kinase (TNIK). This resulted in increased proliferation and differentiation of LSCs...
- Role of the Rap2/TNIK kinase pathway in regulation of LRP6 stability for Wnt signalingDong Seok Park
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:338-43. 2013..Furthermore, we found that TRAF2/Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK), a member of the Ste20 protein family, acts as a downstream effector of Rap2 in control of LRP6 stabilization...
- Differences in the transcriptional profiles of human cumulus cells isolated from MI and MII oocytes of patients with polycystic ovary syndromeXin Huang
Reproductive Medicine Centre, Yuhuangding Hospital of Yantai, Affiliated Hospital of Qingdao Medical University, 20 Yuhuangding Road East, Yantai, Shandong, 264000, People s Republic of China
Reproduction 145:597-608. 2013..levels in the microarrays and their putative functions, six differentially expressed genes (LHCGR, ANGPTL1, TNIK, GRIN2A, SFRP4, and SOCS3) were selected and analyzed by quantitative RT-PCR (qRT-PCR)...
- Proteome profiling of exosomes derived from human primary and metastatic colorectal cancer cells reveal differential expression of key metastatic factors and signal transduction componentsHong Ji
Department of Biochemistry, La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Proteomics 13:1672-86. 2013..enrichment of metastatic factors (MET, S100A8, S100A9, TNC), signal transduction molecules (EFNB2, JAG1, SRC, TNIK), and lipid raft and lipid raft-associated components (CAV1, FLOT1, FLOT2, PROM1) in exosomes derived from ..
- Dynamic change of TNIK in response to tumor necrosis factor alpha in a TRAF2-dependent mannerJinghua Gui
Xinyuan Institute of Medicine and Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang Sci Tech University, Mailbox 539, Hangzhou 310018, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
Hum Cell 26:67-72. 2013b>TNIK (TRAF2- and NCK-interacting kinase) was named because of its association with TRAF2 (tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 2)...
- Discovery of 4-phenyl-2-phenylaminopyridine based TNIK inhibitorsKoc Kan Ho
Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 2401 South Foothill Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84109, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 23:569-73. 2013..scaffold that are potent and selective inhibitors of Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) activity are described...
- TNiK is required for postsynaptic and nuclear signaling pathways and cognitive functionMarcelo P Coba
Genes to Cognition Programme, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire CB10 1SA, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 32:13987-99. 2012Traf2 and NcK interacting kinase (TNiK) contains serine-threonine kinase and scaffold domains and has been implicated in cell proliferation and glutamate receptor regulation in vitro...
- Agonistic and antagonistic roles for TNIK and MINK in non-canonical and canonical Wnt signallingAlexander Mikryukov
Laboratory of Growth and Development, Cancer Research Centre, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e43330. 2012..Here we show that TNIK (Traf2 and Nck-interacting kinase) and MINK (Misshapen/NIKs-related kinase) MAP4K signalling kinases are integral ..
- The germinal center kinase TNIK is required for canonical NF-κB and JNK signaling in B-cells by the EBV oncoprotein LMP1 and the CD40 receptorAnna Shkoda
Research Unit Gene Vectors, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Munchen, Germany
PLoS Biol 10:e1001376. 2012The tumor necrosis factor-receptor-associated factor 2 (TRAF2)- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) is a ubiquitously expressed member of the germinal center kinase family...
- Rap2A links intestinal cell polarity to brush border formationMartijn Gloerich
Molecular Cancer Research, Centre for Biomedical Genetics and Cancer Genomics Centre, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht 3584 CG, The Netherlands
Nat Cell Biol 14:793-801. 2012..for successive signalling by the guanine nucleotide exchange factor PDZGEF, the small G protein Rap2A, its effector TNIK, the kinase MST4 and, ultimately, the actin-binding protein Ezrin...
- The Nck-interacting kinase (NIK) phosphorylates the Na+-H+ exchanger NHE1 and regulates NHE1 activation by platelet-derived growth factorW Yan
Department of Stomatology, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 276:31349-56. 2001..These findings indicate that NIK acts downstream of platelet-derived growth factor receptors to phosphorylate and activate NHE1 divergently of its activation of JNK...
- A novel trinucleotide repeat expansion at chromosome 3q26.2 identified by a CAG/CTG repeat expansion detection arrayS E Holmes
Laboratory of Genetic Neurobiology, Division of Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, CMSC 8 121, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Hum Genet 120:193-200. 2006..The closest experimentally verified gene in the region (TNIK, encoding a serine/threonine kinase) occurs approximately 63 Kb downstream from the repeat...
- MINK is a Rap2 effector for phosphorylation of the postsynaptic scaffold protein TANC1Hideo Nonaka
Division of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara cho, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:573-8. 2008..MINK was enriched in the brain, and both MINK and its close relative, Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK), interacted with a postsynaptic scaffold protein containing tetratricopeptide repeats, ankyrin repeats and a ..
- A genome-wide association study of schizophrenia using brain activation as a quantitative phenotypeSteven G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Schizophr Bull 35:96-108. 2009..We present an alternative strategy with increased statistical power over a case-control study that uses brain imaging as a quantitative trait (QT) in the context of a GWAS in schizophrenia...
- Rap2 function requires palmitoylation and recycling endosome localizationYukiko Uechi
Division of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 378:732-7. 2009..We have recently identified the Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK), a member of the STE20 group of mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase kinases, as a specific Rap2 ..
- Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase is essential for Wnt signaling and colorectal cancer growthMiki Shitashige
Chemotherapy Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 70:5024-33. 2010..We previously identified Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) as one of the proteins that interact with TCF4 in colorectal cancer cells, but its functional significance has not ..
- Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase is essential for canonical Wnt signaling in Xenopus axis formationReiko Satow
Chemotherapy Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:26289-94. 2010..We have recently identified Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) as a novel activator of Wnt signaling through a comprehensive proteomic approach in human colorectal cancer cell ..
- Identifying gene regulatory networks in schizophreniaSteven G Potkin
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, 5251 California Avenue, Suite 240, University of California, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Neuroimage 53:839-47. 2010..Several of these genes (RSRC1, ARHGAP18, ROBO1-ROBO2, GPC1, TNIK, and CTXN3-SLC12A2) have functions related to progenitor cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation, ..
- The psychiatric disease risk factors DISC1 and TNIK interact to regulate synapse composition and functionQ Wang
Pfizer Neuroscience Research Unit, Princeton, NJ, USA
Mol Psychiatry 16:1006-23. 2011..We identify the Traf2 and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK), an emerging risk factor itself for disease, as a key synaptic partner for DISC1, and provide evidence that the ..
- MINK and TNIK differentially act on Rap2-mediated signal transduction to regulate neuronal structure and AMPA receptor functionNatasha K Hussain
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 30:14786-94. 2010Misshapen/NIKs (Nck-interacting kinases)-related kinase (MINK) and closely related TRAF2/Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) are proteins that specifically bind to activated Rap2 and are thus hypothesized to relay its downstream signal ..
- Knockdown of mental disorder susceptibility genes disrupts neuronal network physiology in vitroErik J MacLaren
Genes to Cognition Programme, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge CB101SA, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 47:93-9. 2011..Using this system we focused on three postsynaptic proteins DISC1, TNIK and PSD-93/DLG2 each of which is encoded by a schizophrenia susceptibility gene...
- Smad inhibition by the Ste20 kinase MisshapenSatoshi Kaneko
Program in Molecular Medicine and Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:11127-32. 2011..Through RNAi screening of the kinome, we have identified Misshapen (Msn) and the mammalian orthologs TNIK, MINK1, and MAP4K4 as the kinases responsible for α-helix 1 phosphorylation...
- Enormous influence of TNIK knockdown on intracellular signals and cell survivalJinghua Gui
Xinyuan Institute of Medicine and Biotechnology, College of Life Science, Zhejiang Sci Tech University, Room 201, Building No 6, Xiasha, Hangzhou 310018, China
Hum Cell 24:121-6. 2011..As one of the central transcriptional factors, Traf2- and Nck-interacting kinase (TNIK) mediates the transactivation of Wnt target genes and promotes the activity of c-Jun N-terminus kinase (JNK)2 when ..
- THOMAS J O'DELL; Fiscal Year: 2016..mice with null mutations in the GluN1 subunit adaptor protein AKAP9 as well as the AKAP9-associated protein kinase TNiK. Importantly, several of the proteins to be examined in this proposal have been implicated in diseases such as ..
- Transdisciplinary Imaging Genetics Center (1 of 2)(RMI)Steven Potkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The new knowledge generated by the Center holds considerable promise for improving diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. [unreadable] [unreadable]..