Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TNFSF13
Description: TNF superfamily member 13
Alias: APRIL, CD256, TALL-2, TALL2, TNLG7B, TRDL-1, UNQ383/PRO715, ZTNF2, tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 13, TNF- and APOL-related leukocyte expressed ligand 2, a proliferation-inducing ligand, tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily, member 13, tumor necrosis factor ligand 7B, tumor necrosis factor superfamily member 13, tumor necrosis factor-like protein ZTNF2, tumor necrosis factor-related death ligand-1
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- APRIL, a new ligand of the tumor necrosis factor family, stimulates tumor cell growthM Hahne
Institute of Biochemistry, Lausanne Branch, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
J Exp Med 188:1185-90. 1998..Here we describe a novel member of the TNF family designated APRIL (for a proliferation-inducing ligand)...
- APRIL and TALL-I and receptors BCMA and TACI: system for regulating humoral immunityG Yu
Department of Inflammation, Amgen Inc, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 1799, USA
Nat Immunol 1:252-6. 2000We report that the tumor neurosis factor homolog APRIL (a proliferation-inducing ligand) stimulates in vitro proliferation of primary B and T cells and increases spleen weight due to accumulation of B cells in vivo...
- Biologically active APRIL is secreted following intracellular processing in the Golgi apparatus by furin convertaseM López-Fraga
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, UAM Campus de Cantoblanco, E 28049 Madrid, Spain
EMBO Rep 2:945-51. 2001..The TNF-related ligands APRIL and BLyS and their cognate receptors BCMA/TACI form a two ligand/two receptor system that has been shown to ..
- DCs induce CD40-independent immunoglobulin class switching through BLyS and APRILMikhail B Litinskiy
Division of Molecular Immunology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Joan and Sanford I Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Nat Immunol 3:822-9. 2002..We show here that dendritic cells up-regulate BLyS and APRIL upon exposure to interferon-alpha, interferon-gamma or CD40 ligand...
- An endogenous hybrid mRNA encodes TWE-PRIL, a functional cell surface TWEAK-APRIL fusion proteinB Pradet-Balade
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, E 28049 Madrid, Spain
EMBO J 21:5711-20. 2002TWEAK and APRIL are two recently identified tumour necrosis factor (TNF) ligand family members, implicated in angiogenesis and immune regulation, respectively...
- A novel polymorphism of the human APRIL gene is associated with systemic lupus erythematosusT Koyama
Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:980-5. 2003We investigated the association of gene polymorphisms in APRIL, a new member of the TNF family, with systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Involvement of BAFF and APRIL in the resistance to apoptosis of B-CLL through an autocrine pathwayCatherine Kern
U365 INSERM, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Blood 103:679-88. 2004Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) superfamily members BAFF, or B-cell activation factor of the TNF family, and APRIL, a proliferation-inducing ligand, are involved in normal B-cell survival and differentiation...
- EBV-encoded latent membrane protein 1 cooperates with BAFF/BLyS and APRIL to induce T cell-independent Ig heavy chain class switchingBing He
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 171:5215-24. 2003..By showing that LMP1 triggers T cell-independent CSR, our findings suggest that EBV could play an important role in the pathogenesis of disorders with aberrant IgG, IgA, and/or IgE production...
- Lymphoma B cells evade apoptosis through the TNF family members BAFF/BLyS and APRILBing He
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Immunol 172:3268-79. 2004..NHL) B cells express B cell-activating factor of the TNF family (BAFF) and a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL), two powerful B cell-activating molecules usually expressed by myeloid cells...
- Impaired IgA class switching in APRIL-deficient miceEmanuela Castigli
Division of Immunology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:3903-8. 2004The tumor necrosis factor (TNF) family member APRIL binds to the receptors BCMA on B cells and TACI on B and T cells. To investigate the role of APRIL in immunity, we generated APRIL-deficient mice...
- BAFF and APRIL protect myeloma cells from apoptosis induced by interleukin 6 deprivation and dexamethasoneJerome Moreaux
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U475 and Unité de Thérapie Cellulaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Montpellier, Hopital St Eloi, France
Blood 103:3148-57. 2004..Using gene expression profiling, we identified overexpression of 2 receptors for a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) and B-cell activating factor (BAFF) in malignant plasma cells compared with normal plasma cells...
- Potential role of APRIL as autocrine growth factor for megakaryocytopoiesisDesiree Bonci
Laboratory of Hematology and Oncology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Blood 104:3169-72. 2004A proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) is a new tumor necrosis factor family member implicated in tumor cell proliferation...
- APRIL promotes B-1 cell-associated neoplasmLourdes Planelles
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, UAM Campus Cantoblanco, E 28049 Madrid, Spain
Cancer Cell 6:399-408. 2004A tumor-supporting role for the TNF-like ligand APRIL has been suggested. Here we describe that 9- to 12-month-old APRIL transgenic mice develop lymphoid tumors that originate from expansion of the peritoneal B-1 B cell population...
- The level of TACI gene expression in myeloma cells is associated with a signature of microenvironment dependence versus a plasmablastic signatureJerome Moreaux
INSERM U475, 99, Rue Puech Villa, 34197 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Blood 106:1021-30. 2005B-cell activating factor (BAFF) and a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) have been shown to promote multiple myeloma (MM) cell growth...
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycan binding promotes APRIL-induced tumor cell proliferationJ Hendriks
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden 2333 ZA, The Netherlands
Cell Death Differ 12:637-48. 2005b>APRIL, a proliferation-inducing ligand, is a member of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) family that is expressed by various types of tumors and influences their growth in vitro and in vivo...
- Identification of proteoglycans as the APRIL-specific binding partnersKarine Ingold
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
J Exp Med 201:1375-83. 2005B cell activating factor of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) family (BAFF) and a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) are closely related ligands within the TNF superfamily that play important roles in B lymphocyte biology...
- Nurselike cells express BAFF and APRIL, which can promote survival of chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells via a paracrine pathway distinct from that of SDF-1alphaMitsufumi Nishio
Department of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Dr, UCSD School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093 0663, USA
Blood 106:1012-20. 2005..of B cell-activating factor of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) family (BAFF) and a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) on chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) B cells and nurselike cells (NLCs), which differentiate from CD14+ cells ..
- Association between circulating levels of the novel TNF family members APRIL and BAFF and lymphoid organization in primary Sjögren's syndromeMalin V Jonsson
Department of Odontology Oral Pathology and Forensic Odontology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
J Clin Immunol 25:189-201. 2005B cell activating factor (BAFF) and a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) are members of the tumour necrosis factor superfamily...
- Increased levels of APRIL (a proliferation-inducing ligand) mRNA in multiple sclerosisMathula Thangarajh
Division of Neurology, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neuroimmunol 167:210-4. 2005..We measured mRNA of APRIL-a promotor of B-cell survival-in peripheral blood and quantified protein levels in plasma and cerebrospinal fluid ..
- BLyS and APRIL in rheumatoid arthritisThorsten M Seyler
Department of Medicine, Lowance Center for Human Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Clin Invest 115:3083-92. 2005The cytokines B lymphocyte stimulator (BLyS) and a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) enhance autoimmune disease by sustaining B cell activation...
- BAFF, APRIL and their receptors: structure, function and signalingClaudia Bossen
Biochemistry Department, University of Lausanne, Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Semin Immunol 18:263-75. 2006BAFF, APRIL and their receptors play important immunological roles, especially in the B cell arm of the immune system...
- TACI regulates IgA production by APRIL in collaboration with HSPGDaisuke Sakurai
Department of Immunology, Dokkyo Medical University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
Blood 109:2961-7. 2007..serves as a receptor for B-cell activating factor of the TNF family (BAFF) and as a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL)...
- Neutrophil-derived APRIL concentrated in tumor lesions by proteoglycans correlates with human B-cell lymphoma aggressivenessJuerg Schwaller
Department of Research, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Blood 109:331-8. 2007A PRoliferation-Inducing TNF Ligand (APRIL) costimulates B-cell activation. When overexpressed in mice, APRIL induces B-cell neoplasia, reminiscent of human B-cell chronic lymphoid leukemia (B-CLL)...
- APRIL but not BLyS serum levels are increased in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: prognostic relevance of APRIL for survivalLourdes Planelles
Haematologica 92:1284-5. 2007b>APRIL (a proliferation-inducing ligand) and BLyS (B lymphocyte stimulator) expression have been reported in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) cells...
- TACI, unlike BAFF-R, is solely activated by oligomeric BAFF and APRIL to support survival of activated B cells and plasmablastsClaudia Bossen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Blood 111:1004-12. 2008The cytokine BAFF binds to the receptors TACI, BCMA, and BAFF-R on B cells, whereas APRIL binds to TACI and BCMA only. The signaling properties of soluble trimeric BAFF (BAFF 3-mer) were compared with those of higher-order BAFF oligomers...
- Rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes express BCMA and are stimulated by APRILKatsuya Nagatani
International Medical Center of Japan, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 56:3554-63. 2007..This study was undertaken to examine the variety of stimulating effects of APRIL and its specific effect on FLS in the affected RA synovium.
- Atacicept (TACI-Ig) inhibits growth of TACI(high) primary myeloma cells in SCID-hu mice and in coculture with osteoclastsS Yaccoby
Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Leukemia 22:406-13. 2008b>APRIL (a proliferation-inducing Ligand) and BLyS/BAFF (B-lymphocyte stimulator/B-cell-activating factor of the TNF (tumor necrosis factor) family have been shown to be the survival factors for certain myeloma cells in vitro...
- Expression of TNF-superfamily members BAFF and APRIL in breast cancer: immunohistochemical study in 52 invasive ductal breast carcinomasVassiliki Pelekanou
Laboratory of Experimental Endocrinology, University of Crete, School of Medicine, Heraklion, 71003, Greece
BMC Cancer 8:76. 2008..Among these members, BAFF and APRIL (CD257 and CD256 respectively) gained an increased interest, in view of their role in cell protection, ..
- Signaling pathways for B cell-activating factor (BAFF) and a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) in human placentaDaudi L Langat
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160 7400, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1303-11. 2008..B lymphocyte development, BAFF (B cell activating factor, BlyS, TALL-1, CD257, TNFSF13B) and APRIL (a proliferation inducing ligand, CD256, TNFSF13)...
- APRIL secreted by neutrophils binds to heparan sulfate proteoglycans to create plasma cell niches in human mucosaBertrand Huard
Division of Hematology, Geneva University Hospital, Department of Patho Immunology, Geneva University Medical Center, Geneva, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 118:2887-95. 2008..Here we report that a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) promoted survival of human upper and lower MALT plasma cells by upregulating expression of the antiapoptotic ..
- Raised intrathecal levels of APRIL and BAFF in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: relationship to neuropsychiatric symptomsAnnie George-Chandy
Department of Rheumatology and Inflammation Research, Gothenburg, Sweden
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R97. 2008The tumour necrosis factor (TNF) family ligands BAFF (B-cell activating factor of TNF family) and APRIL (a proliferation-inducing ligand) are essential for B-cell survival and function...
- A proliferation-inducing ligand mediates follicular lymphoma B-cell proliferation and cyclin D1 expression through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-regulated mammalian target of rapamycin activationMamta Gupta
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 113:5206-16. 2009A proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL), as well as its receptors transmembrane activator and calcium-modulating cyclophilin ligand (CAML) interactor (TACI) and B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA), has been shown to be important in B-cell ..
- APRIL and TACI interact with syndecan-1 on the surface of multiple myeloma cells to form an essential survival loopJerome Moreaux
CHU Montpellier, Institute of Research in Biotherapy, Montpellier, France
Eur J Haematol 83:119-29. 2009BLyS and APRIL share two receptors - transmembrane activator and calcium modulator and cyclophilin ligand interactor (TACI) and B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA) - and BLyS binds to a third receptor, BAFF-R...
- Systemic activation of the immune system induces aberrant BAFF and APRIL expression in B cells in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusVan Trung Chu
Deutsches Rheuma ForschungsZentrum, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 60:2083-93. 2009Elevated levels of BAFF and APRIL are characteristic of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). The reasons for enhanced cytokine production are not well understood...
- Adipocytes as immune cells: differential expression of TWEAK, BAFF, and APRIL and their receptors (Fn14, BAFF-R, TACI, and BCMA) at different stages of normal and pathological adipose tissue developmentVassilia Ismini Alexaki
Department of Experimental Endocrinology, University of Crete, School of Medicine, Heraklion, Greece
J Immunol 183:5948-56. 2009..differential expression of TNF-superfamily members B cell activating factor of the TNF Family (BAFF), a proliferation inducing ligand (APRIL), and TNF-like weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK) in immature-appearing and mature adipocytes ..
- A proliferation-inducing ligand: a new biomarker for non-small cell lung cancerBaolan Sun
Laboratory Medicine Center, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Jiangsu Province, China
Exp Lung Res 35:486-500. 2009To identify a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) expression profile in tumor tissue and sputum of lung cancer, and evaluate the possibility of an assistant diagnosis of lung cancer by real-time fluorescence quantitative polymerase ..
- Association of common variants in TNFRSF13B, TNFSF13, and ANXA3 with serum levels of non-albumin protein and immunoglobulin isotypes in JapaneseWael Osman
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e32683. 2012..2 × 10(-14) and 7.1 × 10(-24), respectively). For NAP, rs3803800 and rs11552708 in TNFSF13 on 17p13.1 (P(meta) = 7.2 × 10(-15) and 7.5 × 10(-10), respectively) as well as rs10007186 on 4q21...
- Stromal endothelial cells establish a bidirectional crosstalk with chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells through the TNF-related factors BAFF, APRIL, and CD40LMontserrat Cols
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Immunol 188:6071-83. 2012..We found that the CLL stroma included microvascular endothelial cells (MVECs) expressing BAFF and APRIL, two TNF family members related to the T cell-associated B cell-stimulating molecule CD40L...
- The TNF family member APRIL promotes colorectal tumorigenesisV Lascano
LEXOR Lab of Experimental Oncology and Radiobiology, Center for Experimental Molecular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam 1105AZ, The Netherlands
Cell Death Differ 19:1826-35. 2012The tumor necrosis factor (TNF) family member APRIL (A proliferation inducing ligand) is a disease promoter in B-cell malignancies. APRIL has also been associated with a wide range of solid malignancies, including colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- APRIL binding to BCMA activates a JNK2-FOXO3-GADD45 pathway and induces a G2/M cell growth arrest in liver cellsGeorge Notas
Laboratory of Experimental Endocrinology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, GR 71003, Greece
J Immunol 189:4748-58. 2012The TNF superfamily ligands APRIL and BAFF bind with different affinity to two receptors, BCMA and TACI, and induce cell survival and/or proliferation, whereas BAFF also binds specifically to BAFFR...
- Evaluation of TNF superfamily molecules in multiple myeloma patients: correlation with biological and clinical featuresDorota Lemancewicz
Department of Human Anatomy, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Leuk Res 37:1089-93. 2013B-cell activating factor (BAFF), a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) and apoptosis inducing ligand (TRAIL) are members of the tumour necrosis factor (TNF) family...
- APRIL modulates B and T cell immunityJens V Stein
Department of Immunology and Oncology, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Invest 109:1587-98. 2002The TNF-like ligands APRIL and BLyS are close relatives and share the capacity to bind the receptors TACI and BCMA...
- BLyS and APRIL form biologically active heterotrimers that are expressed in patients with systemic immune-based rheumatic diseasesViktor Roschke
Department of Antibody Development, Human Genome Sciences, 9410 Key West Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Immunol 169:4314-21. 2002BLyS and APRIL are two members of the TNF superfamily that are secreted by activated myeloid cells and have costimulatory activity on B cells...
- Abnormal production of the TNF-homologue APRIL increases the proliferation of human malignant glioblastoma cell lines via a specific receptorFrederique Deshayes
INSERM U131, 32, rue des Carnets, 92140 Clamart, France
Oncogene 23:3005-12. 2004A proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) of the tumour necrosis factor (TNF) family is produced in small amounts in many tissues and more abundantly in tumours. APRIL has been reported to promote cell growth in vivo and in vitro...
- Structures of APRIL-receptor complexes: like BCMA, TACI employs only a single cysteine-rich domain for high affinity ligand bindingSarah G Hymowitz
Department of Protein Engineering, Molecular Oncology, Medicinal Chemistry, and Immunology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 280:7218-27. 2005..TACI binds two ligands, APRIL and BAFF, with high affinity and contains two cysteine-rich domains (CRDs) in its extracellular region; in ..
- Functional expression of a proliferation-related ligand in hepatocellular carcinoma and its implications for neovascularizationHiroshi Okano
First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 11:4650-4. 2005..To detect the expression of a proliferation-related ligand on human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cell lines (SK-Hep1, HLE and HepG2) and in culture medium...
- The source of APRIL up-regulation in human solid tumor lesionsP Mhawech-Fauceglia
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Leukoc Biol 80:697-704. 2006Abundant mRNA expression for a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) from tumor necrosis factor (TNF) family is observed in many solid tumors...
- BAFF, APRIL and human B cell disordersStuart G Tangye
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology, Newtown, NSW, Australia
Semin Immunol 18:305-17. 2006..It will also highlight relevant differences between the function of BAFF in humans and mice and the impact of this on the therapeutic utility of BAFF antagonists in the treatment of different human diseases...
- APRIL is increased in serum of patients with brain glioblastoma multiformeJoanna Iłzecka
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Lublin, Jaczewskiego 8, 20 954 Lublin, Poland
Eur Cytokine Netw 17:276-80. 2006A PRoliferation-Inducing Ligand (APRIL) is a cytokine with the ability to induce tumorigenesis. The aim of the study was to measure serum APRIL levels in patients with brain glioblastoma multiforme...
- APRIL polymorphism and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) susceptibilityY H Lee
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Medical Center, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1274-6. 2007Two novel non-synonymous polymorphisms of the APRIL gene, codon 67 (rs11552708) and 96 (rs3803800), were recently identified and tested for disease association...
- Reduced APRIL expression induces cellular senescence via a HSPG-dependent pathwayWeifeng Ding
Medical Laboratory Center, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, No 20, Road Xisi, Nantong, China
Pathol Oncol Res 15:693-701. 2009b>APRIL, a member of the TNF superfamily, can induce cell proliferation and is overexpressed in most tumor tissues or cells. Nevertheless, it is still unknown about the effect of decreased levels of APRIL expression on tumor cells...
- APRIL knockdown suppresses migration and invasion of human colon carcinoma cellsWeifeng Ding
Medical Laboratory Center, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, No 20 Road Xisi, Nantong, Jiangsu, PR China
Clin Biochem 42:1694-8. 2009The purpose of this study was to investigate the function of a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) gene among the metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC) disease.
- The tumour necrosis factor superfamily ligand APRIL (TNFSF13) is released upon platelet activation and expressed in atherosclerosisWiggo J Sandberg
Research Institute for Internal Medicine, Rikshospitalet, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Thromb Haemost 102:704-10. 2009..In the present study we investigated whether APRIL, another member of the TNF superfamily that has been detected in megakaryocytes, could be released from platelets ..
- APRIL is a novel clinical chemo-resistance biomarker in colorectal adenocarcinoma identified by gene expression profilingRussell D Petty
University of Aberdeen, UK
BMC Cancer 9:434. 2009..The aim was to identify novel 5FU resistance mechanisms and qualify these as candidate biomarkers and therapeutic targets...
- APRIL promotes cell-cycle progression in primary multiple myeloma cells: influence of D-type cyclin group and translocation statusJohn Quinn
Department of Haematology, University College London Cancer Institute, London, UK
Blood 117:890-901. 2011A proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) promotes survival and drug resistance in multiple myeloma (MM) cell lines...
- Detection of the TNFSF members BAFF, APRIL, TWEAK and their receptors in normal kidney and renal cell carcinomasVassiliki Pelekanou
Laboratory of Experimental Endocrinology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
Anal Cell Pathol (Amst) 34:49-60. 2011..Here, we assayed the TNFSF members APRIL, BAFF, TWEAK and their receptors (BCMA, TACI, BAFFR, Fn14) in 86 conventional type clear cell RCC, using ..
- BAFF and APRIL induce inflammatory activation of THP-1 cells through interaction with their conventional receptors and activation of MAPK and NF-κBSang Min Lee
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, 702 701, Korea
Inflamm Res 60:807-15. 2011BAFF and APRIL, as closely related members of the TNF superfamily, are important regulators of B-cell survival. They share two receptors, TACI and BCMA, and BAFF can stimulate an additional receptor, BAFF-R...
- Cerebrospinal fluid levels of a proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) are increased in patients with neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosusL Hopia
Division of Neurology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Rheumatol 40:363-72. 2011A proliferation-inducing ligand (APRIL) and B-cell activation factor (BAFF) are B-cell stimulation and survival molecules...
- Aberrant expression of functional BAFF-system receptors by malignant B-cell precursors impacts leukemia cell survivalSara Maia
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20787. 2011..Leukemia cells express surface BAFF and APRIL ligands, and soluble BAFF is significantly higher in leukemia patients in comparison to age-matched controls...
- TALL-1 is a novel member of the TNF family that is down-regulated by mitogensH B Shu
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Department of Immunology, Denver 80206, USA
J Leukoc Biol 65:680-3. 1999..Its carboxy terminus shares approximately 35% sequence identity with the recently identified APRIL and approximately 20-25% with TNF, FasL, TRAIL, and lymphotoxin-alpha, suggesting that TALL-1 and APRIL belong to ..
- APRIL/TRDL-1, a tumor necrosis factor-like ligand, stimulates cell deathK Kelly
The Huntsman Cancer Institute, Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Cancer Res 60:1021-7. 2000..TRDL-1alpha is identical in sequence to the recently described molecule, APRIL, that may induce cell proliferation...
- Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor superfamily member TACI is a high affinity receptor for TNF family members APRIL and BLySY Wu
Department of Molecular Biology, Human Genome Sciences, Inc, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Biol Chem 275:35478-85. 2000..also demonstrate that TACI interacts with nanomolar affinity with the BLyS-related tumor necrosis factor homologue APRIL for which no clear in vivo role has been described...
- Role of APRIL (TNFSF13) polymorphisms in the susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus in JapaneseA Kawasaki
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:776-82. 2007A polymorphism of APRIL, c.199G > A (Gly67Arg), has been reported to be associated with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in Japanese...
- [Pruritus and the hepatitis C virus. The MULTIVIRC Unit]H Dega
, , Paris
Ann Dermatol Venereol 125:9-12. 1998..study, we re-examined outpatient reports for patients who consulted for pruritis from January 1993 to April 1996 and were followed in a hepatology unit for hepatitis C infection...
- [Perioperative myocardial infarction and cardiac complications after noncardiac surgery in patients with prior myocardial infarction. I. Clinical data and diagnosis, incidence]T Munzer
Institut für Anästhesiologie, Kantonsspital St Gallen
Anaesthesist 45:213-20. 1996..156) and/or coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) (4) who were scheduled for elective noncardiac surgery between April 1992 and March 1993 were included...
- [Studies on respiratory infections in primary care clinic (IV). Antibiotic sensitivity of bacteria isolated from patients with respiratory infections visiting 21 private clinics in the Tohoku District of Japan]A Watanabe
Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:1220-31. 1990..infections who visited 21 private clinics in Tohoku district of Japan during the period from January to April in 1989. Ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin were more active against S. aureus, B. catarrhalis, P. aeruginosa and A...
- [Studies on respiratory infections in primary care clinic (III). Distribution of bacteria isolated from patients with respiratory infections visiting 21 private clinics in the Tohoku District of Japan]A Watanabe
Department of Internal Medicine, Tohoku University
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 64:1209-19. 1990..respiratory infections visiting 21 private clinics in Tohoku district of Japan during the period from January to April in 1989 was documented...
- 5-Hydroxytryptamine (5-HT)4 receptors in post mortem human brain tissue: distribution, pharmacology and effects of neurodegenerative diseasesG P Reynolds
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield
Br J Pharmacol 114:993-8. 1995..The marked loss of receptors in hippocampal and cortical regions in the brains from patients with Alzheimer's disease is consistent with a role for the 5-HT4 receptor in cognitive processing...
- Current management of pediatric atlantoaxial rotatory subluxationB R Subach
Department of Neurological Surgery, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:2174-9. 1998..METHODS: Between August 1990 and April 1997, 20 children with atlantoaxial rotatory subluxation were treated...
- Characterization of insulin-like growth factor binding proteins (IGFBPs) secreted by bovine adrenocortical cells in primary culture: regulation by insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and adrenocorticotropin (ACTH)C Fottner
Medical Department II, Laboratory of Endocrine Research, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich
Horm Metab Res 31:203-8. 1999..Therefore, bovine adult adrenocortical cells provide a useful tissue culture model in which the complex interactions between two IGF-ligands, at least four IGF binding proteins and two IGF-receptors can be evaluated...
- Single photon radioluminescence. II. Signal detection and biological applicationsZ Shahrokh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0134
Biophys J 63:1267-79. 1992....
- [A study of the literature on the concentrations of arsenic, lead, cadmium and mercury in body fluids and tissues to define normal values and detection of overload. 1. Description of analytical methods and arsenic]P Baron
, Abt Allgemeine und Umwelthygiene
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B 186:289-310. 1988..A comprehensive data bank survey of the literature from January 1980 to April 1984 was conducted and supplemented by review of some earlier publications...
- The gene responsible for adrenal hypoplasia congenita, DAX-1, encodes a nuclear hormone receptor that defines a new class within the superfamilyT P Burris
Department of Pediatrics, UCLA School of Medicine 90024, USA
Recent Prog Horm Res 51:241-59; discussion 259-60. 1996....
- [Detection of bactericidal antibody in the breast milk of a mother infected with enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli O157:H7]E Adachi
Department of Infectious Diseases Research, National Children's Medical Research Center
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 73:451-6. 1999A 21 years-old pregnant woman developed diarrhea, fresh bloody stools and abdominal pain on April 6th 1997 at 32 weeks of gestation, and was admitted to the hospital on April 11th...
- Central neuropeptide Y and the sigma ligand, JO 1784, reverse corticotropin-releasing factor-induced inhibition of gastric acid secretion in ratsM Gue
CURE VA Wadsworth Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
Br J Pharmacol 107:642-7. 1992..7 +/- 4.7 episodes per dog).6. It is concluded from these studies that the generation of nitric oxide contributes to the marked antiarrhythmic effects of preconditioning in the canine myocardium, probably through elevation of cyclic GMP...
- Comparison of the interaction of agmatine and crude methanolic extracts of bovine lung and brain with alpha 2-adrenoceptor binding sitesD Pinthong
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham
Br J Pharmacol 115:689-95. 1995..Moreover, these extracts appear to possess a binding profile similar to that of adrenaline and UK-14304, suggesting that they may possess agonist activity...
- Germ cell nuclear factor is a transcriptional repressor essential for embryonic developmentG C Hummelke
Dept of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, 1 Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Front Biosci 6:D1186-91. 2001..In addition, efforts are being made to identify the endogenous ligand that regulates GCNF's transcriptional properties...
- Functional effects and ligand binding of chimeric galanin-neuropeptide Y (NPY) peptides on NPY and galanin receptor typesU Kahl
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 111:1129-34. 1994..Instead, they displayed a very high affinity for hypothalamic galanin receptors and probably act as galanin agonists in the rat jejunum...
- Survey of state public health departments on procedures for reporting elder abuseP Ehrlich
Community Services, Benjamin Rose Institute, Cleveland, OH 44115
Public Health Rep 106:151-4. 1991..The study was carried out between April and October 1989. A brief questionnaire was mailed to State health department directors...
- The efficacy of surgical modifications of the upper airway in adults with obstructive sleep apnea syndromeA E Sher
Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Albany Medical College, New York, USA
Sleep 19:156-77. 1996..We searched MEDLINE from January 1966 through April 1993, with an update in February 1995, to provide a review of the application of surgical modifications of the ..
- Epidemiology of incident spinal fracture in a complete populationR Hu
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:492-9. 1996..METHODS. The study dates were April 1, 1981 to March 31, 1984...
- [A case of Kartagener's syndrome with S. pneumoniae lung abscess]H Masaki
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 67:355-60. 1993..Fever and production of purulent sputum decreased initially but again increased in the middle of April. On admission the films of both X-ray and CT scan of the chest revealed several air-fluid levels and infiltrative ..
- Evidence that the atypical 5-HT3 receptor ligand, [3H]-BRL46470, labels additional 5-HT3 binding sites compared to [3H]-granisetronL J Steward
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston
Br J Pharmacol 116:1781-8. 1995....
- Epidemiology of spontaneous premature rupture of membranes: factors in pre-term birthsH C Miller
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66103
Yale J Biol Med 62:241-51. 1989..of 1,848 white mothers and their singleton infants, born at the University of Kansas Medical Center between April 1975 and April 1978. The frequency of PROM increased significantly from a low of 34/707 (4...
- Comparison between the pharmacology of dopamine receptors mediating the inhibition of cell firing in rat brain slices through the substantia nigra pars compacta and ventral tegmental areaB Bowery
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, Neuroscience Research Centre, Harlow, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 112:873-80. 1994....
- Selective binding of amino acid residues to tRNA molecules detected by anticodon-anticodon interactionsW Bujalowski
, Am Fassberg, , Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 43:91-8. 1988..Evaluation of the Mg2+ data by a site model leads to constants of 360 M-1 for the binding of Mg2+ to monomer tRNA and 3000 M-1 for the binding of Mg2+ to the tRNAPhe.tRNAGlu dimer.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- An analysis of the determinants of anaemia in pregnant women in rural Malawi--a basis for actionF H Verhoeff
School of Tropical Medicine, Liverpool
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 93:119-33. 1999..Peak prevalences of malaria were observed in April, in the post-rainy season, with values of 51.4%, 56.0% and 25...
- [Future direction of medical care system for patients with infectious disease and the new infectious diseases control law in Japan--centering around a category 1 hospital]Y Takeda
Funabashi Public Health Center
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:687-93. 2000As of April 1, 1999, the new Infectious Diseases Control Law became effective in Japan...
- Allosteric kinetics and equilibria differ for carbon monoxide and oxygen binding to hemoglobinN Q Zhang
Department of Physics and Atmospheric Science, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Biophys J 58:333-40. 1990..W., M. Karplus, C. Poyart, and E. Bursaux. 1988. Biochemistry.27:1285-1301) or by the allosteric model of DiCera (Di Cera, E., C. H. Robert, and S. J. Gill. 1987. Biochemistry.26:4003-4008)...
- Patient satisfaction with emergency oral health care in rural TanzaniaM K Ntabaye
Department of Oral Epidemiology and Public Health, Royal Dental College, Faculty of Health Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 26:289-95. 1998..The study was carried out as a cross-sectional interview survey between April 1993 and May 1994 using a patient satisfaction questionnaire in rural villages in the Rungwe district of Tanzania...
- Do race and gender influence the use of invasive procedures?R E Watson
College of Human Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1315, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:227-34. 2001..To assess the influence of race and gender influence on the use of invasive procedures in patients with acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in community hospitals...
- Monitoring of pesticide residues and their metabolites in surface and underground waters of Imathia (N. Greece) by means of solid-phase extraction disks and gas chromatographyT A Albanis
Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, Greece
J Chromatogr A 823:59-71. 1998..Greece) were determined for the period from May 1996 to April 1997...
- Estrogen and progesterone receptor determinations in breast cancer. Technology, biology and clinical significanceS M Thorpe
Fibiger Institute, Laboratory of Tumor Endocrinology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Oncol 27:1-19. 1988..Several lines of evidence indicate that among the postmenopausal patients there may be an estrogen binding molecule similar to but distinct from the normal, physiologically functioning ER molecule.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Reversal of the hydrogen bond to zinc ligand histidine-119 dramatically diminishes catalysis and enhances metal equilibration kinetics in carbonic anhydrase IIC C Huang
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Biochemistry 35:3439-46. 1996..These novel properties engineered into E117Q CAII facilitate the exploitation of CAII as a rapid and sensitive Zn(2+) biosensor...
- Steroidogenic factor-1: its role in endocrine organ development and differentiationG D Hammer
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, 94143 0444, USA
Front Neuroendocrinol 20:199-223. 1999..This article focuses on the characterization of SF-1 and its emerging role in endocrine homeostasis. Specific attention is placed on the mechanisms of action of this unique member of the nuclear receptor superfamily...
- [Clinical analysis of pneumonia in the elderly in a community hospital--comparison of community-acquired pneumonia and nosocomial pneumonia]Y Kobashi
Department of Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Kawasaki Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 73:884-92. 1999..cases with pneumonia among 930 patients with pneumonia in Kawasaki Medical School Kawasaki Hospital between April 1986 and September 1998...
- Influence of temperature on the retention behaviour of proteins in cation-exchange chromatographyF Fang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Vic, Australia
J Chromatogr A 729:49-66. 1996....
- Myocyte response to stimulation of receptors and ion channelsJ D Marsh
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Toxicol Pathol 18:454-63. 1990....
- [A case of Plasmodium vivax malaria with findings of DIC]K Takaki
Medical Center for Infectious Diseases, Fukuoka City
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 65:488-92. 1991..A 50-year-old Japanese male was sent to our hospital with the diagnosis of Plasmodium vivax malaria on the 26th of April, 1990. He had stayed in the Solomon Islands from Oct. 1987 to Dec...
- High-affinity uptake of noradrenaline in postsynaptic neuronesS al Damluji
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Br J Pharmacol 109:299-307. 1993..Removal of noradrenaline from the vicinity of the receptors may prevent desensitization,thus maintaining the responsiveness of postsynaptic neurones to the actions of the neurotransmitter...
- Early post-splenectomy sepsis after missile injury in adultsY A Ellias
Basrah Teaching Hospital, Iraq
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 73:185-8. 1991..abdomen with involvement of either the spleen or the liver, at Basrah Teaching Hospital between January 1983 and April 1986...
Research Grants128 found, 100 shown here
- Recombinant Antibodies from the Sea LampreyZEEV contact PANCER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to develop high affinity recombinant antibodies from the sea lamprey as a completely new class of recognition molecules for diagnostic, analytic, and biosensor applications in biotechnology. ..
- Agonist & Antagonist Activity and Binding on the TMD of hT1R3Marianna Max; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the sweet receptor at a molecular level will enable the design of better low calorie sweeteners. ..
- Methods for the Development of Arrestin2 Inhibitors.Spiro Pavlopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work will lead to the development of tools to better understand these processes and may contribute to the design of therapeutic agents that help to treat addiction and circumvent tolerance to therapeutic drugs. ..
- High-performance membrane chromatography for protein purificationScott M Husson; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Functional effects of exchanging domains and linkers in transcription regulatorsLiskin Swint-Kruse; Fiscal Year: 2011..This work will facilitate expanded use of data generated by the Human Genome Project. ..
- Generation and Proteome-Wide Screening of Hybrid Combinatorial LibrariesJun O Liu; Fiscal Year: 2011..This work, if successful, may lead to a new structural class of ligands that can be used as probes of protein function. Public Health Relevance: This project is aimed at generating a new type of h ..
- Integrated Cheminformatics Resource for Orphan Neurodegenerative DiseasesWeifan Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will ultimately contribute to alleviating the pain of orphan neurodegenerative disease patients. ..
- FABPs Mediate Activation of PPAR Alpha Receptors by N-AcylethanolaminesMartin Kaczocha; Fiscal Year: 2012..The overall outcome of this study will greatly enhance our understanding of NAE signaling and will ascribe novel functions to FABPs in endocannabinoid biology. ..
- RECEPTOR AGGREGATION AND ITS EFFECTSBYRON B GOLDSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..The work we propose is health related, bearing on allergic disease and on the mode of action of monoclonal antibodies and immunoadhesinsthat are used as drugs to target tumor cells and cells driving autoimmune diseases. ..
- Geert Jan Boons; Fiscal Year: 2016..The importance of ligand density, surface attachment methodology, and nature of the solid surface will be investigated in detail. ..
- A MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH TO PEPTIDE-BASED ANTAGONISTS OF PCNAZhihao Zhuang; Fiscal Year: 2011..These approaches will have applications to understand the causes of disease and in the development of novel and effective treatments for disease. ..
- Mechanism of Cell Membrane Targeting by Vibrio Cholerae CytolysinRICHARD A OLSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..Therefore, the proposed research is relevant to NIH's mission to improve the health of the Nation by supporting research in the causes and cure of human diseases. ..
- Bioflavonoid Effects on EGF Signaling and Cell Cycle Pathways in Prostate CancerBARRY MATTHEW MARKAVERICH; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies may lead to the development of new drugs and/or dietary components for use in cancer prevention or treatment. ..
- Michael Steven Denison; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, they will yield insights into the molecular mechanisms of ligand-dependent AhR transformation, the influence of ligand structure on these processes and the diversity of AhR responsiveness. ..
- FREDRICK JON KULL; Fiscal Year: 2016..Such knowledge will facilitate the identification of molecules interfering with regulatory cascades, and could lead to the development of novel therapeutics. ..
- Ajay N Jain; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- DMITRI ERMOLENKO; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies will illuminate essential steps of protein synthesis and thus answer fundamental biological questions. ..
- Sandor Vajda; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Integrins/ECM in Controlling IGF-I ActionsDavid Robert Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Russell E McConnell; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies will provide valuable insight into the mechanisms regulating cell motility in metastatic cancer cells. ..
- Nancy M Dahms; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will also provide the structural basis for the design of improved therapeutics for the treatment of lysosomal storage disorders, and novel inhibitors of viral infection and growth factor activation. ..
- Structure and Function of 3-O-sulfation in Heparan SulfateJeffrey D Esko; Fiscal Year: 2013..The work will also provide a set of tools that other investigators can exploit for studies of model organisms and human disorders in which 3-O-sulfation of heparan sulfate may play a role. ..
- Raymond C Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2014..Based on the experience of the CMPD investigators, preference will be for human or eukaryotic membrane proteins to maximally leverage the CMPD capabilities. ..
- JULIA A KOVACS; Fiscal Year: 2015..We will continue to explore the reactivity of our new Mn-dioxygen, Mn-oxo, and Mn- OOR intermediates with oxidizable substrates. ..
- Jun O Liu; Fiscal Year: 2014..This work, if successful, may lead to a new structural class of ligands that can be used as probes of protein function. Public Health Relevance: This project is aimed at generating a new type of h ..
- Rongshi Li; Fiscal Year: 2015..Finally, we will assess the in vivo efficacy of optimized compounds using animal models for CXCR4-directed metastatic cancer as described in our recent publication in PNAS. This is a key prerequisite for PAR-12-060. ..
- Conceptual Prediction of Drug Bioactivities in Cell-Based Assays: cell-QSARStefan Balaz; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information will be used do create software and a web service that will help other scientists to develop better and safer drugs faster. ..
- SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE STRUCTURES AND LOU GEHRIGS DISEASEJohn A Tainer; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Correcting Pervasive Errors in RNA Crystallography with RosettaRhiju Das; Fiscal Year: 2013..By rapidly and systematicall disambiguating RNA model fitting, ERRASER will enable RNA crystallography with significantly fewer errors. ..
- Jeffrey Skolnick; Fiscal Year: 2015..These aims represent an integrated effort to elucidate the principles underlying protein structure and function and to apply these insights to improve function predictions. ..
- C David Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2015..Identification of small molecule allosteric modulators of Y4 will allow future development of pharmacological probes and can seed drug discovery programs in obesity. ..
- Charles J Dimitroff; Fiscal Year: 2016..Importantly, our findings will provide novel molecular insights into the glyco-histopathology of melanomas, while offering new glycomic targets for predicting malignancy and/or clinical outcome. ..
- Fast and Accurate Dynamic Simulations of Biological SystemsJing Kong; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Development of Chemical Probes Against the 70N and 32C Domains of RPAMICHAEL DENNIS FELDKAMP; Fiscal Year: 2013..These compounds may also serve as potential leads for translation of this basic research into the development of therapeutic agents. ..
- Cheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2014..The data may offer new therapeutic approaches to inhibiting pathological cell adhesion during inflammation and thrombosis. ..
- Frances M Sladek; Fiscal Year: 2015..They will advance the long term goal of fast tracking research linking NRs to disease and drug metabolism, and thereby help personalize medicine and ensure that drugs that target NRs can be used in a more effective fashion. ..
- Suzanne Gaudet; Fiscal Year: 2016..These approaches will contribute to understanding the multi-factorial control of TNF-induced cell death and will be broadly applicable to the study of other signal transduction networks. ..
- Direct identification of ready-to-use peptoid-DOTA theranostic systemsDAMITH GOMIKA UDUGAMASOORIYA; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Structure of the GABA-A Receptor Binding SitesCYNTHIA M CZAJKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- CYNTHIA M CZAJKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Ting Xu; Fiscal Year: 2014..Proposed studies may potentially lead to effective therapeutics with the combined advantages of both passive targeting via EPR effect and active targeting for breast tumors. ..
- ErbB receptor homo- and hetero-dimerizationMark A Lemmon; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that the mechanistic insight provided by our proposed research will stimulate work towards a new generation of more sophisticated ErbB receptor-targeted therapeutics. ..
- MARK S CUSHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Anna Liisa Brownell; Fiscal Year: 2014..There is no in vivo imaging ligand for mGluR4. Our goal is to develop PET imaging ligands for mGluR4 and investigate a role of mGluR4 in glutamatergic neurotransmission. ..
- Jianmin Cui; Fiscal Year: 2015..The dissection of the molecular events during BK channel gating in this study will help identify specific targets for the development of therapeutics in addition to providing insights into the principles of ion channel gating. ..
- Immunoregulatory Activities of HSV gD Binding to its Entry ReceptorsCLAUDE F KRUMMENACHER; Fiscal Year: 2012..This "molecular immunology" approach will open possibilities to address these functions in vivo. Furthermore, data from this study may suggest ways to design novel antiviral interventions. ..
- Assay development for high affinity non-peptide HIV-1 gp41 inhibitorsMiriam Gochin; Fiscal Year: 2009..Fusion inhibitors would be useful in microbicides to prevent infection, or could be given orally to treat infection as an alternative to the currently used fusion inhibitor Enfuvirtide(R), which must be given intravenously. ..
- Engineering Hetero-Bivalent Ligands to Inhibit IgE Clustering on Mast CellsZIHNI BASAR BILGICER; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Phospholipid and proton modulation of KirBac1.1 channel acitivityDecha Enkvetchakul; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from this proposal will provide insight into proton and PIP2 gating mechanisms of Kir channels in general, and may lead to therapy of diseases caused by altered ligand regulation of Kir function, such as Bartter's syndrome. ..
- Development of Dopamine D1 Receptor Agonists for PET ImagingBalasubramaniam Easwaramoorthy; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this project, we propose to develop D1R agonist PET ligands to allow in vivo investigation of the functional state of the receptor. ..
- James W Lillard; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Yan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..We believe such ligands will be useful as important pharmacological tools to study the structure-function relationship of the mu opioid receptor. ..
- Structure and Function of TRPV Ion ChannelsRachelle Gaudet; Fiscal Year: 2012..Knowledge we gain about the capsaicin binding site and how capsaicin affects the conformation of the TRPV1 channel can therefore be applied to drug development, directly linking our results to healthcare research. ..
- Alexandros Makriyannis; Fiscal Year: 2016..Such medications aim at addressing the drug addiction epidemic and will be of great medical value and social benefit. ..
- Targeting RNA conformation for drug developmentDEV PRIYA ARYA; Fiscal Year: 2012..NUBAD is well equipped to synthesize the molecules and carry out the biophysical assays for inhibition. Select compounds identified from the assay that inhibit tat-TAR interaction at nanomolar Kd will be tested for inhibition of HIV. ..
- HIV-1 gp120 Conformational Transitions in Activation and AntagonismIrwin M Chaiken; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The first reversible radioligand for the hVMAT2 [3H]reserpine binding sitePeter C Meltzer; Fiscal Year: 2012..These tools will accelerate the search for medications for methamphetamine addiction. ..
- Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Structure, Thermal Motion and GatingMichaela Jansen; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Anthony L Auerbach; Fiscal Year: 2016..Eventually, this knowledge will be used to engineer acetylcholine receptors that respond predictably to arbitrary ligands. ..
- Optimization of Allosteric Modulators of 5-HT2C ReceptorJia Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long term goal of this project is to develop these modulators for preclinical validation and clinical application in translational research and ultimately as novel therapeutic candidates. ..
- H Eric Xu; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Mechanisms of Allosteric Influence on Enzymes ActivityGREGORY DUNCAN REINHART; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is necessary to understand whether these are separable features of ligand structure if one is to eventually design drugs that target allosteric sites. ..
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Cell signaling as a leukemia biomarkerJAMES WILLIAM JACOBBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Role of the Mammalian Siderophore in Cellular Iron Metabolism and ErythropoiesisLaxminarayana R Devireddy; Fiscal Year: 2012..If successful, this grant could help explain the causes of iron deficiency anemia and could help in designing better drugs to combat iron deficiency anemia. ..
- Ligand Interaction of Glucagon Receptor by Structural and Functional AnalysesFAI YIU SIU; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Samantha M Yeligar; Fiscal Year: 2014..Thus, this K99/R00 application provides an excellent opportunity to advance the career of a talented and promising investigator. ..
- Steven L Gonias; Fiscal Year: 2014..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein has emerged as an important regulator of inflammation and atherosclerosis. This proposal seeks to elucidate the responsible mechanisms. ..
- Gang Ren; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Ciaran P Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2015..Challenge studies against multiple C. difficile strains in the mouse and the hamster model of bacterial infection will be performed to evaluate C. difficile colonization and protection against CDAD. ..
- Dopamine Transporter Structure and FunctionChristopher K Surratt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles; Fiscal Year: 2015..Engagement of TACI by its ligands B cell activating factor (BAFF) or a proliferation inducing ligand (APRIL) up-regulate the expression of activation-induced cytidine deaminase (AID), a DNA-editing ..
- Sriram Neelamegham; Fiscal Year: 2015..v) Validation in animal models of inflammation, peritonitis and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), key hypothesis generated using computer simulation and ex vivo experimentation. ..
- Brian F Volkman; Fiscal Year: 2016..New inhibitors and variants of SDF developed in this project will likely find application as diagnostic and therapeutic agents in a wide range of human diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer and multiple sclerosis. ..
- Oocyte-derived R-spondin2 as a Follicle Stimulating HormoneAARON JW HSUEH; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will be followed by the derivation of healthy pups as the basis for future clinical application using R-spondin2 to treat infertile patients with low FSH responses. ..
- Dual-Receptor Targeted Nanoparticles for Photodynamic Therapy of Brain CancerAnn Marie Broome; Fiscal Year: 2013..By improving the selectivity of tumor targeting, we can potentially sustain local delivery of PDT drugs, thus dramatically enhancing the success of brain cancer therapy. ..
- REGULATION OF DEFENSE SIGNALING IN TOMATOGregg A Howe; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- A protein array platform for anti-citrulline antibodies in Rheumatoid ArthritisJi Qiu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, what we propose to develop can be applied to studies in understanding the biology of other post-translational modifications. ..
- WILSON KENDRICK CLEMENTS; Fiscal Year: 2014..Finally, I will use the B-cell transgenic animals as a platform for unbiased discovery of additional mutations that are involved in B-cell leukemia by forward genetics. ..
- Howard E Gendelman; Fiscal Year: 2016..The overall premise is to develop the necessary "state of the art" tools to improve nanoART induced viral reduction in its CNS and other viral reservoirs. ..
- MAARTEN E REITH; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Po Han Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..Overall, the results from the studies should shed tremendous light on how to manipulate the system for fighting cancers. ..
- Yorgo Modis; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- SHIVALINGAPPA KOTTUR SWAMYNATHAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..The anticipated outcomes will define a novel target for therapeutic intervention in managing inflammatory disorders of the ocular surface. ..
- Dan Littman; Fiscal Year: 2016..Together, these studies will provide a better understanding of the mechanism of action of RORyt and will facilitate new strategies for therapy in autoimmune diseases. ..
- Linking partial and non-agonist induced dynamics to PPAR gamma functionsTRAVIS SHANE HUGHES; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. heart failure) from wanted effects (i.e. anti-diabetic efficacy, anti-inflammation). This will improve diabetes treatment and open up possibilities for PPAR targeted therapies for atherosclerosis and autoimmune disorders. ..
- Kenneth D Karlin; Fiscal Year: 2016..In-hand heme/Cu assemblies enable this chemistry and further mechanistic probing is necessary;these processes are critical to NO signaling and linked to cellular responses to changes in [O2] concentrations. ..
- TGF-beta polymorphisms and breast cancer in familiesBoris Pasche; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will study 65 genes of the TGF-2 pathway in 5357 women with breast cancer and their unaffected sisters and determine which genes are associated with breast cancer risk. ..
- PETER DANA YURCHENCO; Fiscal Year: 2016..Lm[unreadable]LN also adheres to cell surfaces. We will explore interacting sequences in LN and LE domains, dissect to role of cell adhesion, and evaluate Pierson syndrome laminin [unreadable]2LN domain mutations. ..
- Jenny L Wiley; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Heidi E Hamm; Fiscal Year: 2015..These studies should provide valuable tool compounds which would have advantages of temporal and spatial specificity, becoming efficacious only when thrombin is present. ..
- Barbara Platzer; Fiscal Year: 2015..Findings of this project could also provide a basis to develop therapeutic strategies to prevent and/or treat food allergic responses through inhibition of AhR activation via natural or chemical AhR antagonists. ..
- Louis M Luttrell; Fiscal Year: 2016..This information will be critical to efforts to develop novel therapeutics that exploit ligand bias. ..
- Small Cell-Penetrating Glyco-Decoys Sidetrack Selectin Ligand BiosynthesisKhushi L Matta; Fiscal Year: 2013..This Phase I proposal meets the central tenet of the SBIR program for promising commercial products. ..
- Mark A Lemmon; Fiscal Year: 2016..In addition, our findings should open potential new avenues for therapeutic inhibition - as the roles of these Wnt-binding RTKs in disease become increasingly clear. ..
- Alan Jasanoff; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim 3, we will extend our glutamate sensor design strategy to target GABA, the dominant inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. The proposed research has ..
- LAURA ANNE JACOX; Fiscal Year: 2015..These studies interface with the NIDCR mission, and have potential to provide etiologies for craniofacial defects and suggest future early, minimally invasive treatments. ..
- Cell-based screening and selection of cyclotide-based capture reagents for proteiJulio A Camarero; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Tina L Gumienny; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- T Cell Modulation by NKG2DThomas Spies; Fiscal Year: 2013..Conversely, enhancing this mechanism in autoimmune disease patients may lower disease activity. The results of our studies may thus lead to development of new therapies. ..