Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TMPO
Alias: CMD1T, LAP2, LEMD4, PRO0868, thymopoietin, LEM domain containing 4, TP alpha, TP beta/gamma, lamina-associated polypeptide 2, thymopoietin beta, thymopoietin-related peptide isoform alpha, thymopoietin-related peptide isoforms beta/gamma
Publications162 found, 100 shown here
- LAP2 binding protein 1 (L2BP1/BAF) is a candidate mediator of LAP2-chromatin interactionK Furukawa
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Nagoya Japan, 464 8602
J Cell Sci 112:2485-92. 1999..The chromatin- and lamin-binding activity of LAP2 suggests that LAP2 plays an important role in targeting mitotic vesicles to chromosomes and reorganizing the ..
- Three distinct human thymopoietins are derived from alternatively spliced mRNAsC A Harris
Immunobiology Research Institute, Annandale, NJ 08801
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:6283-7. 1994b>Thymopoietin (TP) was originally isolated as a 5-kDa 49-aa protein from bovine thymus in studies of the effects of thymic extracts on neuromuscular transmission and was subsequently observed to affect T-cell differentiation and function...
- Integral membrane proteins of the nuclear envelope interact with lamins and chromosomes, and binding is modulated by mitotic phosphorylationR Foisner
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
Cell 73:1267-79. 1993..Together, these data suggest that LAP 2 may have a key role in initial events of nuclear envelope reassembly, and that both LAP 2 and LAP 1 may be involved in attaching lamins to the nuclear envelope...
- Detergent-salt resistance of LAP2alpha in interphase nuclei and phosphorylation-dependent association with chromosomes early in nuclear assembly implies functions in nuclear structure dynamicsT Dechat
nstitute of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Biocenter and Institute of Tumor Biology Cancer Research, University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 17:4887-902. 1998..Some LAP2alpha may also associate with membranes prior to chromatin attachment. Altogether the data suggest a role of LAP2alpha in post-mitotic nuclear assembly and in the dynamic structural organization of the nucleus...
- Lamina-associated polypeptide 2alpha binds intranuclear A-type laminsT Dechat
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, Vienna Biocenter, University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Sci 113:3473-84. 2000The nucleoskeletal protein lamina-associated polypeptide 2(&agr;) (LAP2*) contains a large, unique C terminus and differs significantly from its alternatively spliced, mostly membrane-integrated isoforms, such as LAP2beta...
- HA95 is a protein of the chromatin and nuclear matrix regulating nuclear envelope dynamicsS B Martins
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, University of Oslo, PO Box 1112 Blindern, Norway
J Cell Sci 113:3703-13. 2000..Cross-linking experiments, however, illustrate a tight association of HA95 with LBR and LAP2 only...
- Solution structure of the constant region of nuclear envelope protein LAP2 reveals two LEM-domain structures: one binds BAF and the other binds DNAM Cai
Laboratory of Chemical Physics, Building 5, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0510, USA
EMBO J 20:4399-407. 2001The nuclear envelope proteins LAP2, emerin and MAN1 share a conserved approximately 40-residue 'LEM' motif. Loss of emerin causes Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy...
- Nuclear membrane protein LAP2beta mediates transcriptional repression alone and together with its binding partner GCL (germ-cell-less)E Nili
Pediatric Hemato Oncology Department, Division of Hematology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Cell Sci 114:3297-307. 2001..Co-expression of both LAP2beta and mGCL with the E2F-DP complex resulted in a reduced transcriptional activity equal to that exerted by the pRb protein...
- Lamin A/C binding protein LAP2alpha is required for nuclear anchorage of retinoblastoma proteinEwa Markiewicz
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Durham, Durham DH1 3LE, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 13:4401-13. 2002..Together, these data suggest that hypophosphorylated Rb is anchored in the nucleus by the interaction of pocket C with LAP2alpha-lamin A/C complexes...
- LAP2alpha and BAF transiently localize to telomeres and specific regions on chromatin during nuclear assemblyThomas Dechat
Max F Perutz Laboratories, University Departments at the Vienna Biocenter, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University of Vienna, 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Sci 117:6117-28. 2004..We propose that LAP2alpha and a subfraction of BAF form defined complexes in chromatin core regions and may be involved in chromatin reorganization during early stages of nuclear assembly...
- The nuclear-envelope protein and transcriptional repressor LAP2beta interacts with HDAC3 at the nuclear periphery, and induces histone H4 deacetylationRaz Somech
Sheba Cancer Research Center and Institute of Hematology, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
J Cell Sci 118:4017-25. 2005..Our data provide evidence for the existence of a previously unknown repressive complex, composed of an integral nuclear membrane protein and a histone modifier, at the nuclear periphery...
- Thymopoietin (lamina-associated polypeptide 2) gene mutation associated with dilated cardiomyopathyMatthew R G Taylor
CU Cardiovascular Institute, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Hum Mutat 26:566-74. 2005b>Thymopoietin or TMPO (indicated by its alternative gene symbol, LAP2, in this work) has been proposed as a candidate disease gene for dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM), since a LAP2 product associates with nucleoplasmic lamins A/C, which are ..
- Lamina-associated polypeptide 2alpha regulates cell cycle progression and differentiation via the retinoblastoma-E2F pathwayDaniela Dorner
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University of Vienna, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Biol 173:83-93. 2006Lamina-associated polypeptide (LAP) 2alpha is a nonmembrane-bound LAP2 isoform that forms complexes with nucleoplasmic A-type lamins...
- The characterization and localization of the mouse thymopoietin/lamina-associated polypeptide 2 gene and its alternatively spliced productsR Berger
Institute of Hematology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Isreal
Genome Res 6:361-70. 1996..Here we report the isolation and characterization of seven mouse Tmpo mRNA transcripts named Tmpo alpha, beta, beta', gamma, epsilon, delta, and zeta...
- The major nuclear envelope targeting domain of LAP2 coincides with its lamin binding region but is distinct from its chromatin interaction domainK Furukawa
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 273:4213-9. 1998b>LAP2 is an integral protein of the inner nuclear membrane which binds lamins and chromosomes and is suggested to have an important role in nuclear envelope organization...
- Identification of the lamina-associated-polypeptide-2-binding domain of B-type laminK Furukawa
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 251:729-33. 1998..promote this localization, including the first (residues 1-296) and the second (residues 298-409) halves of the LAP2 N terminus. The second half is involved in LAP2 association with the nuclear lamina [Furukawa, K., Panté, N...
- Lamins in disease: why do ubiquitously expressed nuclear envelope proteins give rise to tissue-specific disease phenotypes?C J Hutchison
The Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Durham, South Road, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
J Cell Sci 114:9-19. 2001..Several integral membrane proteins including emerin, LBR, LAP1 and LAP2 bind to nuclear lamins in vitro and can influence lamin function and dynamics in vivo...
- LBR mutation and nuclear envelope defects in a patient affected with Reynolds syndromeCaroline Gaudy-Marqueste
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Ste Marguerite, Marseille, France
J Med Genet 47:361-70. 2010..search was undertaken for mutations in LMNA, encoding Lamins A/C, and ZMPSTE24, LBR, LMNB1, LMNB2, MAN1, SYNE1a and LAP2, encoding Lamins A/C molecular partners, in a Caucasian woman affected with Reynolds syndrome, a particular ..
- Distribution of emerin during the cell cycleM C Dabauvalle
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Biocenter of the University of Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 78:749-56. 1999..reassembly of the nuclear envelope at this mitotic stage emerin colocalizes with lamin A/C but not with lamin B and LAP2 proteins...
- Genetic and ultrastructural studies in dilated cardiomyopathy patients: a large deletion in the lamin A/C gene is associated with cardiomyocyte nuclear envelope disruptionPallavi Gupta
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8M5, Canada
Basic Res Cardiol 105:365-77. 2010..of 25 unrelated DCM patient samples for (a) cardiomyocyte nuclear abnormalities and (b) mutations in LMNA and TMPO as they are two DCM-causing genes that encode proteins involved in maintaining nuclear envelope architecture...
- Lmo7 is an emerin-binding protein that regulates the transcription of emerin and many other muscle-relevant genesJames M Holaska
Department of Cell Biology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:3459-72. 2006..Misregulation of 11 genes, including four (CREBBP, NAP1L1, LAP2, RBL2) known to be misregulated in X-EDMD patients and emerin-null mice [Bakay, M., Wang, Z., Melcon, G...
- Cloning of a cDNA for lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) and identification of regions that specify targeting to the nuclear envelopeK Furukawa
Department of Biology, School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
EMBO J 14:1626-36. 1995Lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) is an integral membrane protein of the inner nuclear membrane, which binds directly to both lamin B1 and chromosomes in a mitotic phosphorylation-regulated manner...
- Structural analysis of emerin, an inner nuclear membrane protein mutated in X-linked Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophyN Wolff
Departement d Ingenierie et d Etudes des Proteines, CEA Saclay, Gif sur Yvette, France
FEBS Lett 501:171-6. 2001..in the two N-terminal domains of another inner nuclear membrane protein called lamina-associated protein 2 (LAP2)...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor stimulation activates the RNA binding protein CUG-BP1 and increases expression of C/EBPbeta-LIP in mammary epithelial cellsBrenda R Baldwin
Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:3682-91. 2004..C/EBP beta is expressed as several distinct protein isoforms (LAP1, LAP2, and LIP) whose expression is regulated by alternative translational initiation at downstream AUG start sites...
- Genomic structure and expression of parathyroid hormone-related protein gene (PTHrP) in a teleost, Fugu rubripesD M Power
Centro de Ciências de MAR CCMAR, Universidade do Algarve, Campus de Gambelas, Faro, Portugal
Gene 250:67-76. 2000..Sequence scanning of overlapping cosmids has identified three additional genes, TMPO, LDHB and KCNA1, which map to human chromosome 12, with the latter two mapping to 12p12-11.2...
- Direct interaction between emerin and lamin AL Clements
MRIC Biochemistry Group, N E Wales Institute, Wrexham, LL11 2AW, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 267:709-14. 2000..An emerin-lamin A interaction system may be related in function to the LAP2-lamin B system at the inner nuclear rim.
- Drugs affecting prelamin A processing: effects on heterochromatin organizationElisabetta Mattioli
IGM CNR, Unit of Bologna, c o IOR, Via di Barbiano 1 10 I 40136 Bologna, Italy
Exp Cell Res 314:453-62. 2008..At the biochemical level, heterochromatin-associated proteins and LAP2 alpha were clustered at the nuclear interior following FTI-277 treatment, while they were unevenly distributed or ..
- Identification of phosphorylation sites in native lamina-associated polypeptide 2 betaM Dreger
AG Neurochemie, Institut fur Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Biochemistry 38:9426-34. 1999..Additionally, we identified for the first time at the protein level the LAP 2 splice variant LAP 2 epsilon in nuclear envelopes...
- Molecular cloning of soluble aminopeptidases from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Sequence analysis of aminopeptidase yscII, a putative zinc-metallopeptidaseN García-Alvarez
Departamento de Biologia Funcional, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
Eur J Biochem 202:993-1002. 1991Plasmids capable of complementing lap1, lap2 and lap3 mutations [R.J. Trumbly and G. Bradley (1983) J. Bacteriol...
- The lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) isoforms beta, gamma and omega of zebrafish: developmental expression and behavior during the cell cycleVera K Schoft
Division of Electron Microscopy, Biocenter of the University of Wü rzburg, Am Hubland, Germany
J Cell Sci 116:2505-17. 2003..The maternally synthesized omega is the largest isoform and the only LAP2 present in the rapidly dividing embryonic cells up to the gastrula stage...
- CCAAT enhancer binding protein-beta regulates matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression in interleukin-1beta-stimulated A549 lung carcinoma cellsDavid A Armstrong
Research Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:1517-24. 2009..DNA affinity chromatography studies showed that the LAP1, LAP2, and LIP isoforms of CEBPB bind to the IL-1beta-responsive CEBPB site in the MMP-1 promoter...
- TP5 triggers signal transduction involving mitogen activated protein kinases in monocytesS Gonser
Department of Pharmacy, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 19:155-66. 1999The pentapetide thymopentin (TP5) corresponding to the aminoacids RKDVY represents the residues 32-36 of thymopoietin (TP), which was originally isolated from bovine thymus...
- Spin labeled antioxidants protect bacteria against the toxicity of alkylating antitumor drug CCNUVesselina Gadjeva
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Thracian University, 11 Armeiska Str, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Toxicol Lett 144:289-94. 2003..of oxygen radical-scavenging substances [Vitamin E, stable nitroxyl radical 2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidine-N-oxyl (TMPO), and spin labeled (nitroxyl free radical moiety containing) analogues of CCNU] and compared with that of the ..
- Barrier to autointegration factor blocks premature cell fusion and maintains adult muscle integrity in C. elegansAyelet Margalit
Department of Genetics, The Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
J Cell Biol 178:661-73. 2007..to autointegration factor (BAF) binds double-stranded DNA, selected histones, transcription regulators, lamins, and LAP2-emerin-MAN1 (LEM) domain proteins...
- Design of a new dental adhesive--effect of a water-soluble sodium acylphosphine oxide with crown ether on adhesion to dental hard tissuesKunio Ikemura
Department of Research and Development, Shofu Inc, 11 Kamitakamatsu cho, Fukuine, Higashiyama ku, Kyoto 605 0983, Japan
Dent Mater J 28:267-76. 2009..Sodium 2,4,6-trimethylbenzoyl-phenylphosphine oxide (TMPO-Na = APO-Na) was synthesized in 67.1% yield and identified by 1H NMR...
- Ubiquitous expression of a cloned murine thymopoietin cDNAL Theodor
Institute of Hematology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Acta Haematol 97:153-63. 1997b>Thymopoietin (TP) was originally isolated as a 5-kD 49-aa protein from bovine thymus and was subsequently observed to affect T-cell differentiation and function. We report here the molecular cloning of a murine TP cDNA...
- Proteomic profiling of endothelial cells in human lung cancerHye Jeong Park
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
J Proteome Res 7:1138-50. 2008..In an additional experiment in which 16 cancer samples were analyzed by immunohistochemistry, PRDX4, thymopoietin (TMPO), and COPG were confirmed to be abundantly expressed in lung cancer-derived ECs and in cancerous lung ..
- Loss of LAP2 alpha delays satellite cell differentiation and affects postnatal fiber-type determinationIvana Gotic
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Max F Perutz Laboratories, Center of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Stem Cells 28:480-8. 2010Lamina-associated polypeptide 2 alpha (LAP2 alpha) is a nucleoplasmic protein implicated in cell cycle regulation through its interaction with A-type lamins and the retinoblastoma protein...
- Roles of LAP2 proteins in nuclear assembly and DNA replication: truncated LAP2beta proteins alter lamina assembly, envelope formation, nuclear size, and DNA replication efficiency in Xenopus laevis extractsT M Gant
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Cell Biol 144:1083-96. 1999Humans express three major splicing isoforms of LAP2, a lamin- and chromatin-binding nuclear protein. LAP2beta and gamma are integral membrane proteins, whereas alpha is intranuclear...
- Identification of QTLs influencing alcohol preference in the High Alcohol Preferring (HAP) and Low Alcohol Preferring (LAP) mouse linesPaula J Bice
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Behav Genet 36:248-60. 2006The High- and Low-Alcohol Preferring (HAP1/LAP1 and HAP2/LAP2) mouse lines were developed by selective breeding for differences in alcohol preference...
- The inner nuclear membrane protein LAP1 forms a native complex with B-type lamins and partitions with spindle-associated mitotic vesiclesC Maison
Department of Basic Sciences, The University of Crete School of Medicine, Heraklion, Greece
EMBO J 16:4839-50. 1997..The LAP1-lamin B complex is distinct from analogous complexes formed by the 'lamina-associated polypeptide-2' (LAP2), another inner nuclear membrane protein, and includes a protein kinase...
- Trimethylphosphate: a 30-month chronic toxicity/carcinogenicity study in Wistar rats with administration in drinking waterE M Bomhard
Department of Toxicology, Carcinogenicity, and Genotoxicity, Bayer AG, Wuppertal, Germany
Fundam Appl Toxicol 40:75-89. 1997Trimethylphosphate (TMPO) was administered to 50 male and 50 female Wistar rats through their drinking water at doses of 0, 1, 10, or 100 mg/kg body weight up to 30 months...
- LEM-Domain proteins: new insights into lamin-interacting proteinsNicole Wagner
Department of Developmental Biology, Wenner Gren Institute, Stockholm University, S 10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Int Rev Cytol 261:1-46. 2007..nuclear membrane and intranuclear proteins, including emerin, MAN1, LEM2, several alternatively spliced isoforms of LAP2, and various uncharacterized proteins in higher eukaryotes as well as the Drosophila-specific proteins otefin and ..
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta: its role in breast cancer and associations with receptor tyrosine kinasesCynthia A Zahnow
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, 1650 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
Expert Rev Mol Med 11:e12. 2009..Encoded by an intronless gene, C/EBPbeta is expressed as several distinct protein isoforms (LAP1, LAP2, LIP) whose expression is regulated by the differential use of several in-frame translation start sites...
- Genome-wide SNP genotyping study using pooled DNA to identify candidate markers mediating susceptibility to end-stage renal disease attributed to Type 1 diabetesD W Craig
Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Diabet Med 26:1090-8. 2009....
- Concordant and opposite roles of DNA-PK and the "facilitator of chromatin transcription" (FACT) in DNA repair, apoptosis and necrosis after cisplatinJanna Sand-Dejmek
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Cancer 10:74. 2011..Inhibition of DNA-PK sensitizes cancer cells to cisplatin killing. The goal of this study is to elucidate the mechanism underlying the effects of DNA-PK on cisplatin sensitivity...
- Affect-related behaviors in mice selectively bred for high and low voluntary alcohol consumptionAdem Can
Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 685 West Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Behav Genet 42:313-22. 2012..However, only HAP2 mice spent more time in the center compared to LAP2 mice. In the DLB, there was a slightly higher anxiety-like phenotype in HAP mice...
- Transcriptional regulation of miR-146b by C/EBPβ LAP2 in esophageal cancer cellsJunxia Li
Department of Medical Genetics, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 446:267-71. 2014..Among the three isoforms of C/EBPβ, C/EBPβ LAP2 positively regulated miR-146b expression and increases miR-146b levels in a dose-dependent manner through ..
- Unique and shared functions of nuclear lamina LEM domain proteins in DrosophilaLacy J Barton
Department of Biochemistry, University of Iowa, College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242
Genetics 197:653-65. 2014The nuclear lamina is an extensive protein network that contributes to nuclear structure and function. LEM domain (LAP2, emerin, MAN1 domain, LEM-D) proteins are components of the nuclear lamina, identified by a shared ∼45-amino-acid ..
- The CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta-2 isoform (CEBPβ-2) upregulates galectin-7 expression in human breast cancer cellsCarole G Campion
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, Laval, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 9:e95087. 2014..We paid particular attention to C/EBPβ-2 (also known as LAP2), the most transcriptionally active of the C/EBPβ isoforms...
- Exome Sequencing Identifies a Novel LMNA Splice-Site Mutation and Multigenic Heterozygosity of Potential Modifiers in a Family with Sick Sinus Syndrome, Dilated Cardiomyopathy, and Sudden Cardiac DeathMichael V Zaragoza
UC Irvine Cardiogenomics Program, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Genetics and Genomics and Department of Biological Sciences, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0155421. 2016..357-2A>G, a novel heterozygous splice-site mutation as the primary mutation with rare or novel variants in HCN4, MYBPC3, PKP4, TMPO, TTN, DMPK and KCNJ10 as potential modifiers and a mechanism consistent with haploinsufficiency.
- Maternally supplied S-acyl-transferase is required for crystalloid organelle formation and transmission of the malaria parasiteJorge M Santos
Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Lisboa, 1649 028 Lisbon, Portugal
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:7183-8. 2016..gametocytes, is activated translationally during ookinete formation, where the protein is essential for the formation of the crystalloid, the correct targeting of crystalloid-resident protein LAP2, and malaria parasite transmission.
- Isolation and characterization of aminopeptidase mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeR J Trumbly
J Bacteriol 156:36-48. 1983..Mutations affecting a given enzyme belong to a single complementation group. The four genes were symbolized lap1, lap2, lap3, and lap4, and the corresponding enzymes LAPI, LAPII, LAPIII, and LAPIV...
- The effect of myoglobin on the stability of the hydroxyl-radical adducts of 5,5 dimethyl-1-pyrolline-N-oxide (DMPO), 3,3,5,5 tetramethyl-1-pyrolline-N-oxide (TMPO) and 1-alpha-phenyl-tert-butyl nitrone (PBN) in the presence of hydrogen peroxideD de Bono
Department of Cardiology, University of Leicester
Free Radic Res 20:327-32. 1994The hydroxyl radical adducts of 5,5 dimethyl-1-pyrolline-N-oxide (DMPO) and 3,3,5,5 tetramethyl-1-pyrolline-N-oxide (TMPO) formed in the presence of hydrogen peroxide and FeII are normally quite stable, but in the presence of 5-20 ..
- Function and assembly of nuclear pore complex proteinsK Bodoor
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Calgary, AB, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 77:321-9. 1999..of NPC components (CAN/Nup214, Nup153, POM121, p62 and Tpr) relative to the integral inner nuclear membrane protein LAP2 and the NPC membrane glycoprotein gp210...
- Two novel LEM-domain proteins are splice products of the annotated Drosophila melanogaster gene CG9424 (Bocksbeutel)Nicole Wagner
Division of Electron Microscopy, Biocenter of the University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 82:605-16. 2004..in a number of non-related proteins of the inner nuclear membrane including the lamina-associated polypeptides 2 (LAP2), emerin, MAN1 and the Drosophila protein otefin...
- Components of the nuclear envelope and their role in human diseaseHoward J Worman
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 630 West 168th Street, 10th Floor, Room 508, New York, NY 10032, USA
Novartis Found Symp 264:35-42; discussion 42-50, 227-30. 2005..These include emerin, which is mutated in X-linked Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy, LAP2, MAN1 and LBR...
- Variability and genetic differentiation among Anopheles (Ano.) intermedius Chagas, 1908 and Anopheles (Ano.) mattogrossensis Lutz & Neiva, 1911 (Diptera: Culicidae) from the Brazilian AmazonJoselita Maria Mendes dos Santos
Coordenação de Pesquisas em Ciências da Saúde, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas da Amazonia, Manaus, AM 69011 970, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 100:531-7. 2005..021). Most analyzed loci showed genotypic frequencies according to Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium, except for LAP1 and LAP2 in An. intermedius, and EST1 and PGM loci in An. mattogrossensis. The genetic distance between these species (D = 0...
- RNA interference targeting leucine aminopeptidase blocks hatching of Schistosoma mansoni eggsGabriel Rinaldi
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Tropical Medicine, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 167:118-26. 2009..japonicum. The similarities in sequence and exon/intron structure of the two genes, LAP1 and LAP2, suggest that they arose by gene duplication and that this occurred before separation of the mansoni and japonicum ..
- Yeast display evolution of a kinetically efficient 13-amino acid substrate for lipoic acid ligaseSujiet Puthenveetil
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:16430-8. 2009..Four rounds of evolution followed by additional rational mutagenesis produced a "LAP2" sequence with a k(cat)/K(m) of 0...
- Quantitative proteomic identification of host factors involved in the Salmonella typhimurium infection cycleMijke W Vogels
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Biochemistry Division, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Proteomics 11:4477-91. 2011..Depletion of peroxiredoxin-6 (PRDX6), isoform β-4c of integrin β-4 (ITGB4), isoform 1 of protein lap2 (erbin interacting protein; ERBB2IP), stomatin (STOM) or TBC domain containing protein 10b (TBC1D10B) resulted in ..
- LMX1B is part of a transcriptional complex with PSPC1 and PSFElisa J Hoekstra
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e53122. 2013..Furthermore, we identified GRLF1, DHX9, MYO1C, HSP70 and TMPO as potential LMX1B interactors...
- Purification and Structural Analysis of LEM-Domain ProteinsIsaline Herrada
Institute for Integrative Biology of the Cell, CEA, CNRS, Universite Paris Sud, Gif sur Yvette, Paris, France
Methods Enzymol 569:43-61. 2016b>LAP2-emerin-MAN1 (LEM)-domain proteins are modular proteins characterized by the presence of a conserved motif of about 50 residues...
- High-pressure structural, elastic, and thermodynamic properties of zircon-type HoPO4 and TmPO4O Gomis
Centro de Tecnologias Fisicas, MALTA CONSOLIDER TEAM, Universitat Politècnica de València, 46022 Valencia, Spain
J Phys Condens Matter 29:095401. 2017Zircon-type holmium phosphate (HoPO4) and thulium phosphate (TmPO4) have been studied by single-crystal x-ray diffraction and ab initio calculations...
- Integral membrane proteins of the nuclear envelope are dispersed throughout the endoplasmic reticulum during mitosisL Yang
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 137:1199-210. 1997..compared the localization of two inner nuclear membrane proteins (laminaassociated polypeptides 1 and 2 [LAP1 and LAP2]) and a nuclear pore membrane protein (gp210) to the distribution of bulk ER membranes, which was determined with ..
- C. elegans nuclear envelope proteins emerin, MAN1, lamin, and nucleoporins reveal unique timing of nuclear envelope breakdown during mitosisK K Lee
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mol Biol Cell 11:3089-99. 2000Emerin, MAN1, and LAP2 are integral membrane proteins of the vertebrate nuclear envelope. They share a 43-residue N-terminal motif termed the LEM domain...
- Characterization of the major laccase isoenzyme from Trametes pubescens and regulation of its synthesis by metal ionsChristiane Galhaup
Division of Biochemical Engineering, Institute of Food Technology, University of Agricultural Sciences Vienna Universität für Bodenkultur Wien, BOKU, Muthgasse 18, A 1190 Wien, Austria
Microbiology 148:2159-69. 2002The major laccase isoenzyme LAP2 secreted by the white-rot basidiomycete Trametes pubescens in response to high copper concentrations was purified to apparent electrophoretic homogeneity using anion-exchange chromatography and gel ..
- Barrier-to-autointegration factor: major roles in chromatin decondensation and nuclear assemblyMiriam Segura-Totten
Department of Cell Biology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Cell Biol 158:475-85. 2002..BAF binds directly to LEM (LAP2, emerin, MAN1) domain nuclear membrane proteins, including LAP2 and emerin...
- A cold-adapted extracellular serine proteinase of the yeast Leucosporidium antarcticumMarianna Turkiewicz
Institute of Technical Biochemistry, Technical University of Łódź, ul Stefanowskiego 4 10, 90 924 Łódź, Poland
Extremophiles 7:435-42. 2003An extracellular serine proteinase, lap2, from the psychrophilic antarctic yeast Leucosporidium antarcticum 171 was purified to homogeneity and characterized. The enzyme is a glycoprotein with a molecular mass of 34...
- The latency-associated transcript promoter of pseudorabies virus directs neuron-specific expression in trigeminal ganglia of transgenic miceSatoshi Taharaguchi
Laboratory of Animal Experiment for Disease Model, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0815, Japan
J Gen Virol 84:2015-22. 2003..regulate the PRV LAT promoter in vivo, three transgenic mouse lines containing the PRV LAT promoter (LAP; LAP1 and LAP2) linked to the chloramphenicol acetyltransferase (CAT) gene were generated...
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors--a new tool to treat cancerRaz Somech
Laboratory of Molecular Hemato Oncology, Sheba Cancer Research Center, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Cancer Treat Rev 30:461-72. 2004..laboratory is interested in the transcription repression mechanism induced by the nuclear envelope lamina associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) family of proteins through chromatin modification...
- The localization of LAP2 beta during pronuclear formation in bovine oocytes after fertilization or activationMamiko Isaji
Department of Bioresource and Agrobiosciences, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Zygote 14:157-67. 2006..The results also indicate that CH treatment inhibits LAP2beta assembly around oCh but not histone H3 dephosphorylation...
- Acoustic startle at baseline and during acute alcohol withdrawal in replicate mouse lines selectively bred for high or low alcohol preferenceJulia A Chester
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2081, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1633-44. 2007..differences in alcohol preference in 2 mouse lines selectively bred for high (HAP1 and HAP2) or low (LAP1 and LAP2) alcohol preference...
- High-alcohol preferring mice are more impulsive than low-alcohol preferring mice as measured in the delay discounting taskB G Oberlin
Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:1294-303. 2009..In this study, we address this question by testing alcohol-naïve mice from lines showing heritable differences in alcohol intake...
- Novel phosphotyrosine targets of FGFR2IIIb signalingYongde Luo
IBT Proteomics and Nanotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030 3303, USA
Cell Signal 21:1370-8. 2009..attenuation of cell proliferation, and several factors that maintain nuclear-cytosolic relationships (emerin and LAP2), protein structure and other cellular fine structures as well as some proteins of unknown functions...
- Overcoming extreme obesity with robotic surgeryPamela Stone
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Int J Med Robot 6:382-5. 2010..As studied in the LAP2, comparable outcomes have been noted in laparotomy vs laparoscopic surgery...
- Intragastric self-infusion of ethanol in high- and low-drinking mouse genotypes after passive ethanol exposureT L Fidler
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience and Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Genes Brain Behav 10:264-75. 2011..intragastric (IG) catheters in mouse genotypes previously shown to drink high (C57BL/6J, HAP2) or low (DBA/2J, LAP2) amounts of ethanol in home-cage continuous-access two-bottle choice procedures...
- Role of C/EBP-β, p38 MAPK, and MKK6 in IL-1β-mediated C3 gene regulation in astrocytesJeffrey Maranto
Department of Neuroscience, Temple University School of Medicine, 3500, N Broad Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Cell Biochem 112:1168-75. 2011..in astroglial cells focusing on the role of the upstream kinase MKK6, p38-α MAPK, and C/EBP-β isoforms (LAP1, LAP2, or LIP) in astroglial cells...
- LIP expression is regulated by IGF-1R signaling and participates in suppression of anoikisHuili Li
Department of Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Mol Cancer 10:100. 2011..factor, CCAAT enhancer binding protein-β (C/EBPβ), is expressed as several distinct protein isoforms (LAP1, LAP2 and LIP) that have opposing actions in cellular proliferation and differentiation...
- Effects of cross-fostering on alcohol preference and correlated responses to selection in high- and low-alcohol-preferring miceGustavo D Barrenha
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2081, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:2065-73. 2012..of these experiments was to examine the effects of cross-fostering on free-choice alcohol drinking and correlated responses to selection for alcohol preference in mice selectively bred for high (HAP2) and low (LAP2) alcohol preference.
- Phosphoproteome analysis reveals differences in phosphosite profiles between tumorigenic and non-tumorigenic epithelial cellsFlavia V Winck
Laboratório Nacional de Biociências, LNBio, CNPEM, Campinas, SP, Brazil
J Proteomics 96:67-81. 2014..The identification of phosphorylation sites in tumorigenic cells may contribute to disclose novel signaling mechanisms associated with OSCC...
- The impact of obesity on surgical staging, complications, and survival with uterine cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group LAP2 ancillary data studyCamille C Gunderson
University of Oklahoma, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Section of Gynecologic Oncology, Oklahoma City, OK, USA Electronic address
Gynecol Oncol 133:23-7. 2014To determine the association of body mass index (BMI) on complications, recurrence, and survival in GOG LAP2, a randomized comparison of laparoscopic versus open staging in clinically early stage uterine cancer (EC).
- Cyclin D1 and C/EBPβ LAP1 operate in a common pathway to promote mammary epithelial cell differentiationQiang Liu
Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 34:3168-79. 2014..C/EBPβ is an intronless gene encoding three protein isoforms--LAP1, LAP2, and LIP. Here, we provide evidence that cyclin D1 engages C/EBPβ in an isoform-specific manner...
- Xenopus LAP2β protein knockdown affects location of lamin B and nucleoporins and has effect on assembly of cell nucleus and cell viabilityMagda Dubińska-Magiera
Laboratory of Nuclear Proteins, Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Wrocław, Joliot Curie 14a, 50 383, Wrocław, Poland
Protoplasma 253:943-56. 2016Xenopus LAP2β protein is the single isoform expressed in XTC cells. The protein localizes on heterochromatin clusters both at the nuclear envelope and inside a cell nucleus...
- Loss of lamin A function increases chromatin dynamics in the nuclear interiorI Bronshtein
Physics Department and Nanotechnology Institute, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 5290002, Israel
Nat Commun 6:8044. 2015..In contrast, depletion of LAP2α, a protein that interacts with lamin A and chromatin, has no such effect on genome dynamics...
- Control of heterochromatin localization and silencing by the nuclear membrane protein Lem2Ramón Ramos Barrales
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Biomedical Center, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Genes Dev 30:133-48. 2016..Chromatin association and tethering of centromeres to the periphery are mediated by the N-terminal LEM (LAP2-Emerin-MAN1) domain of Lem2, whereas telomere anchoring and heterochromatin silencing require exclusively its ..
- The Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy protein, emerin, is a nuclear membrane proteinS Manilal
MRIC Biotechnology Group, N E Wales Institute, UK
Hum Mol Genet 5:801-8. 1996..results, together with sequence and structural homologies between emerin, thymopoietins and the nuclear lamina-associated protein, LAP2, we suggest that emerin will prove to be one member of a family of inner nuclear membrane proteins.
- Domain-specific disassembly and reassembly of nuclear membranes during mitosisB Buendia
Departement de Biologie Cellulaire, Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS, Paris, France
Exp Cell Res 230:133-44. 1997..In these studies, protein LAP2/thymopoietin beta, another marker of the inner nuclear membrane, was segregating as lamin B receptor, suggesting that both ..
- Cell cycle dynamics of the nuclear envelopeRoland Foisner
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Section of Molecular Cell Biology, Vienna Biocenter, University of Vienna, Dr Bohrgasse 9, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
ScientificWorldJournal 3:1-20. 2003..Various chromatin-binding domains in lamina proteins, such as the LEM domain, present in all LAP2 isoforms and in emerin, as well as unique regions in lamina proteins and in specific LAP2 isoforms have been ..
- Placental leucine aminopeptidase (P-LAP) expression is associated with chemosensitivity in human endometrial carcinomaKiyosumi Shibata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 95:307-13. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine whether P-LAP expression affects the chemosensitivity in endometrial carcinoma patients...
- Fission yeast Lem2 and Man1 perform fundamental functions of the animal cell nuclear laminaYANIRA GONZALEZ
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Baylor College of Medicine Houston, TX USA
Nucleus 3:60-76. 2012..the Lem2 and Man1 proteins of the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe, evolutionarily distant relatives of the Lap2/Emerin/Man1 (LEM) sub-family of animal cell lamin-associated proteins, perform fundamental functions of the animal ..
- Plant leucine aminopeptidases moonlight as molecular chaperones to alleviate stress-induced damageMelissa A Scranton
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences and Center for Plant Cell Biology, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
J Biol Chem 287:18408-17. 2012..from heat-induced damage, it was shown that the tomato LAP-A and LAP-N and the Arabidopsis thaliana LAP1 and LAP2 are molecular chaperones...
- A new function of ROD1 in nonsense-mediated mRNA decayT F Brazão
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 586:1101-10. 2012..Finally, we show through RIP-seq that ROD1 and UPF1 associate with a significant number of common transcripts...
- Progerin reduces LAP2α-telomere association in Hutchinson-Gilford progeriaAlexandre Chojnowski
Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Institute of Medical Biology, Singapore, Singapore
elife 4:. 2015..Here, we describe an inducible cellular system to model HGPS and find that LAP2α (lamina-associated polypeptide-α) interacts with lamin A, while its interaction with progerin is significantly ..
- Expression of Leukemia-Associated Nup98 Fusion Proteins Generates an Aberrant Nuclear Envelope PhenotypeBirthe Fahrenkrog
Institute of Molecular Biology and Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Charleroi, Belgium
PLoS ONE 11:e0152321. 2016..in the nuclear envelope (NE), in particular affecting the nuclear lamina and the lamina-associated polypeptide 2α (LAP2α)...
- Inner nuclear membrane proteins: functions and targetingL Holmer
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 58:1741-7. 2001..that reside in the inner nuclear membrane, including lamin B receptor (LBR), lamina-associated polypeptide (LAP) 1, LAP2, emerin, MAN1 and nurim. Most of these proteins interact with lamins and chromatin...
- Analysis of regulatory functions for the region located upstream from the latency-associated transcript (LAT) promoter of pseudorabies virus in cultured cellsSatoshi Taharaguchi
Laboratory of Animal Experiment for Disease Model, Institute for Genetic, Medicine, Hokkaido University, 060 0815, Sapporo, Japan
Vet Microbiol 85:197-208. 2002..Although two different sequences, LAP1 and LAP2, are thought to be involved in LAT gene expression, the function of the upstream region of the LAT promoter (LAP1 ..
- [Induction of nuclear envelope formation around individual chromosomes under impact of hypotonic shock]S Iu Kurchashova
Department of Electron Microscopy, Research Institute of Physico Chemical Biology after A N Belozersky, Moscow State University
Tsitologiia 45:298-307. 2003..we have studied the distribution of some proteins participating in the nuclear envelope assembly (lamins A/C, B and LAP2 alpha) in mitotic cells and after hypotonic treatment with 15% Hank's solution...
- Identification of differentially expressed and developmentally regulated genes in medulloblastoma using suppression subtraction hybridizationNaoki Yokota
The Arthur and Sonia Labatt Brain Tumor Research Centre, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 23:3444-53. 2004..Genes found to be upregulated in the murine MB library included cyclin D2 (Ccnd2), thymopoietin (Tmpo), Musashi-1 (Msh1), protein phosphatase 2A inhibitor-2 (I-2pp2a), and Unc5h4(D)...
- Prolonged biologically active transgene expression driven by HSV LAP2 in brain in vivoVeljko Puskovic
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Mol Ther 10:67-75. 2004..latency-associated transcripts (LATs) in the absence of viral lytic functions, and the latency-associated promoter (LAP2) has been identified as a moveable element responsible for the expression of LATs from latent HSV genomes...
- Prolonged regulatable expression of EPO from an HSV vector using the LAP2 promoter elementZ Wu
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan and VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Gene Ther 19:1107-13. 2012..Taken together, these results suggest such a vector is well suited for clinical trial for the treatment of chronic or subacutely developing neuropathy...
- Anxiety and Alcohol Drinking in a Genetic Animal Model of AlcoholismJULIA ANN CHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..alcohol drinking behavior in mouse lines that have been selectively bred for high (HAP1 and HAP2) or low (LAP1 and LAP2) alcohol preference...
- RICHARD LOWELL BELL; Fiscal Year: 2014..supply to off-campus researchers at cost P/NP, HAD1-2/LAD1-2, and AA/ANA selectively bred rats, as well as HAP1-2-3/LAP2-3 and cHAP selected mice that show genetically high and/or low alcohol preference. (Specific Aims 2 and 3)...
- HSV LATENCY AND MECHANISMS OF GENE SILENCINGJoseph Glorioso; Fiscal Year: 2000..ICPO expression (iv) To characterize cis-acting elements associated with two LAT promoters designated LAP1 and LAP2. (v) To determine the role of chromatin and DNA methylation in promoter silencing during latency...
- QTL MAPPING FOR ALCOHOL PREFERENCE IN SELECTED MICEPaula Bice; Fiscal Year: 2004..We also propose a similar analysis in the second replicate set, (the HAP2/LAP2) line staring in the 2nd generation...
- Roles of BAF-Like in the nucleusMiriam Segura Totten; Fiscal Year: 2005..To test this hypothesis, we will study the interactions of BAF-L with BAF, LAP2 and MLL3 in vitro and in vivo...
- Measuring the Aversive Effects of Alcohol WithdrawalJULIA CHESTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Studies using this place conditioning technique are likely to provide important information that will lead to the development of novel behavioral and pharmacological treatments for alcoholism. ..
- C/EBPbeta Isoform Function & Regulation by Tyrosine KinasesCynthia Zahnow; Fiscal Year: 2009..Encoded by an intronless gene, C/EBPB is expressed as several distinct protein isoforms (LAP1, LAP2 and LIP) whose expression is tightly regulated by the differential use of a number of in-frame translation start ..
- Familial Dilated Cardiomyopathy:Genetic CharacterizationMatthew Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, a diverse collection of consultants has been assembled to provide ongoing expertise that is sensitive to the needs of both the research and career development plans of the candidate. ..
- Identification of Genes for Alcohol Preference in Noninbred Rats and MicePaula Bice; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..