- BMP7 drives human adipogenic stem cells into metabolically active beige adipocytes
Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Nebraska, 316G Ruth Leverton Hall, Lincoln, NE, 68583, USA
Lipids 50:111-20. 2015
..e., CD137 and TMEM26), (3) glucose and fatty acid uptake, and (4) basal and cAMP-stimulated oxygen consumption rate compared to white ..
- AMP-Activated Kinase (AMPK) Activation by AICAR in Human White Adipocytes Derived from Pericardial White Adipose Tissue Stem Cells Induces a Partial Beige-Like Phenotype
Department of Medical Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, H 4032, Hungary
PLoS ONE 11:e0157644. 2016
..Similarly, markers of beige adipocytes such as TBX1, UCP1, CIDEA, PRDM16 and TMEM26 remained the same when comparing control and AICAR-treated white adipocytes...
- Expression of transmembrane protein 26 (TMEM26) in breast cancer and its association with drug response
Otto von Guericke Universitat Magdeburg, Institut fur Pathologie, Magdeburg, Germany
Oncotarget 7:38408-38426. 2016
..cancer cells to the anti-estrogen fulvestrant and, along with it, downregulate the expression of TMEM26 (transmembrane protein 26)...
- Cannabidiol promotes browning in 3T3-L1 adipocytes
Hilal Ahmad Parray
Department of Biotechnology, Daegu University, Kyungsan, Kyungbuk, 712 714, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Biochem 416:131-9. 2016
..CBD enhanced expression of a core set of brown fat-specific marker genes (Ucp1, Cited1, Tmem26, Prdm16, Cidea, Tbx1, Fgf21, and Pgc-1α) and proteins (UCP1, PRDM16, and PGC-1α)...
- Cell-Autonomous Brown-Like Adipogenesis of Preadipocytes From Retinoblastoma Haploinsufficient Mice
Petar D Petrov
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Nutrition and Biotechnology Nutrigenomics, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Palma de Mallorca, CIBER Fisiopatologia de la Obesidad y Nutricion CIBEROBN, Spain
J Cell Physiol 231:1941-52. 2016
..genes (Pparg, Ppargc1a, Ppargc1b, Prdm16, Cpt1b) but not of purported beige/brite transcriptional markers (Cd137, Tmem26, Tbx1, Slc27a1, Hoxc9, Shox2). Lack of induction of beige markers phenocopied results in WAT of adult Rb(+/-) mice...
- Differential effects of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery on brown and beige adipose tissue thermogenesis
Mohammed K Hankir
Integrated Research and Treatment Centre for Adiposity Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Metabolism 64:1240-9. 2015
- A stringent validation of mouse adipose tissue identity markers
Jasper M A de Jong
Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner Gren Institute, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden and
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 308:E1085-105. 2015
..Only Zic1 (brown), Cd137, Epsti1, Tbx1, Tmem26 (brite), and Tcf21 (white) proved to be informative in these three tissues...
- Direct evidence of brown adipocytes in different fat depots in children
Center for Pediatric Research Leipzig, University Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Department of Women s and Child Health, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany Integrated Research and Treatment Center IFB, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0117841. 2015
..8fold), PGC1α and CIDEA while other brown/beige selective markers, such as PAT2, P2RX5, ZIC1, LHX8, TMEM26, HOXC9 and TBX1 were not significantly different between UCP1 positive and negative samples...
- A multi-gene signature predicts outcome in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
Centre for Molecular Oncology, Barts Cancer Institute, London, United Kingdom
Genome Med 6:105. 2014
..Improved usage of the repertoires of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) profiles is crucially needed to guide the development of predictive and prognostic tools that could inform the selection of treatment options...
- RIP140 represses the "brown-in-white" adipocyte program including a futile cycle of triacylglycerol breakdown and synthesis
Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology E K, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology L C, E C, M G P, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, W12 0NN, United Kingdom Department of Mathematics M K, G M, Statistics Section, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine A F, S C, University of Ancona, Politecnica delle Marche, 60126 Ancona, Italy Division of Metabolic and Vascular Health M C, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
Mol Endocrinol 28:344-56. 2014
..Furthermore in a white adipocyte cell line, the markers of BRITE adipocytes, Tbx1, CD137, Tmem26, Cited1, and Epsti1 were repressed in the presence of RIP140 as was Prdm16...
- Role of bone morphogenetic protein 4 in the differentiation of brown fat-like adipocytes
Department of Endocrinoloy and Metabolism, Huashan Hospital, Medical College Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 306:E363-72. 2014
..decreasing the classical brown adipocyte marker Zic1 and increasing the recently identified beige adipocyte marker TMEM26. The data indicate an important role for BMP4 in promoting brown adipocyte differentiation and thermogenesis in ..
- Dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor lowers PPARγ agonist-induced body weight gain by affecting food intake, fat mass, and beige/brown fat but not fluid retention
Department of Medicine
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 306:E388-98. 2014
..multilocular cell islets in sc WAT, and PGZ + ALG increased the expression of brown-fat-like "beige" cell marker TMEM26 in sc WAT and interscapular brown adipose tissue and increased rectal temperature vs. vehicle...
- Methylcap-seq reveals novel DNA methylation markers for the diagnosis and recurrence prediction of bladder cancer in a Chinese population
State Key Laboratory of Oncogenes and Related Genes, Shanghai Cancer Institute, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e35175. 2012
..We aimed to identify novel DNA methylation markers for BC through genome-wide profiling of BC cell lines and subsequent methylation-specific PCR (MSP) screening of clinical urine samples...
- Tmem26 is dynamically expressed during palate and limb development but is not required for embryonic survival
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e25228. 2011
The Tmem26 gene encodes a novel protein that we have previously shown to be regulated by hedgehog signalling in the mouse limb...
- Distinct populations of adipogenic and myogenic Myf5-lineage progenitors in white adipose tissues
Department of Animal Science and Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Lipid Res 54:2214-24. 2013
..lower levels of BAT-specific Ucp1, Prdm16, Cidea, and Ppargc1a genes and beige adipocyte-specific CD137, Tmem26, and Tbx1 genes compared with the non-Myf5-lineage adipocytes from the same depots...
- Myostatin knockout drives browning of white adipose tissue through activating the AMPK-PGC1α-Fndc5 pathway in muscle
Department of Animal Science, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
FASEB J 27:1981-9. 2013
..dramatically increased expression of BAT signature genes, including Ucp1 and Pgc1α, and beige adipocyte markers Tmem26 and CD137...
- Genome-wide study identifies two loci associated with lung function decline in mild to moderate COPD
Nadia N Hansel
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hum Genet 132:79-90. 2013
..Three genes (TMEM26, ANK3 and FOXA1) within the regions of interest were selected for tissue expression studies using ..
- A classical brown adipose tissue mRNA signature partly overlaps with brite in the supraclavicular region of adult humans
Naja Zenius Jespersen
Centre of Inflammation and Metabolism, Department of Infectious Diseases, Rigshospitalet, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Cell Metab 17:798-805. 2013
..of HOXC8 and HOXC9, coexists with an upregulation of two newly established brite/beige markers, TBX1 and TMEM26. A similar mRNA expression profile was observed when comparing isolated human adipocytes from BAT and white ..