Genomes and Genes
tissue factor pathway inhibitor
Gene Symbol: tissue factor pathway inhibitor
Description: tissue factor pathway inhibitor
Alias: EPI, LACI, TFI, TFPI1, tissue factor pathway inhibitor, anti-convertin, extrinsic pathway inhibitor, tissue factor pathway inhibitor (lipoprotein-associated coagulation inhibitor)
Publications496 found, 100 shown here
- Vaccination against typhoid fever: present statusB Ivanoff
WHO Global Programme for Vaccines and Immunization, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 72:957-71. 1994..Before such use, however, they need further evaluation for safety and protective efficacy when administered to the EPI-targeted age groups...
- Anatomical architecture and electrical activity of the heartB Taccardi
Nora Eccles Harrison Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Acta Cardiol 52:91-105. 1997..and recovery are: the elongated shape of myocardial fibers which is the basis for electrical anisotropy; the epi-endocardial rotation of fiber direction in the ventricular walls; the epi-endocardial obliqueness of the fibers ("..
- Lipoxin A4 and aspirin-triggered 15-epi-lipoxin A4 inhibit human neutrophil migration: comparisons between synthetic 15 epimers in chemotaxis and transmigration with microvessel endothelial cells and epithelial cellsIolanda M Fierro
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 170:2688-94. 2003..treatment initiates biosynthesis of carbon 15 epimeric LXs, and both series of epimers (LX and aspirin-triggered 15-epi-LX) display counter-regulatory actions with neutrophils...
- The effect of maternal catecholamines on the caliber of gravid uterine microvesselsScott Segal
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anesth Analg 106:888-92, table of contents. 2008Changes in maternal catecholamines that accompany the onset of labor analgesia include a decrease in epinephrine (EPI) but no change in norepinephrine (NE)...
- Glypican-3-mediated inhibition of CD26 by TFPI: a novel mechanism in hematopoietic stem cell homing and maintenanceSatish Khurana
Interdepartmental Stem Cell Institute, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Blood 121:2587-95. 2013..Hence, we present a novel role for TFPI and GPC3 in regulating HSC homing as well as retention in the BM...
- The effect of tissue factor pathway inhibitor on the expression of monocyte chemotactic protein-3 and IκB-α stimulated by tumour necrosis factor-α in cultured vascular smooth muscle cellsYong Zhao
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, China
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 106:4-11. 2013....
- Cloning and characterization of a cDNA coding for the lipoprotein-associated coagulation inhibitor shows that it consists of three tandem Kunitz-type inhibitory domainsT C Wun
Monsanto Co, Chesterfield, Missouri 63198
J Biol Chem 263:6001-4. 1988Human plasma contains a lipoprotein-associated coagulation inhibitor (LACI) which inactivates factor Xa directly, and in a Xa-dependent fashion also inhibits the VIIa-tissue factor complex of the extrinsic coagulation pathway...
- The carboxy terminus of tissue factor pathway inhibitor is required for interacting with hepatoma cells in vitro and in vivoI Warshawsky
Edward Mallinckrodt Department of Pediatrics, Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Clin Invest 95:1773-81. 1995b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a plasma Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor that directly inhibits coagulation Factor Xa and also inhibits tissue factor-initiated coagulation...
- Characterization of the association of tissue factor pathway inhibitor with human placentaAlan E Mast
Research and Pathology Services, Department of Veterans Affairs, Memphis, Tenn 38104, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:2099-104. 2002b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is an endothelial-associated inhibitor of blood coagulation. Because the mechanism for attachment of TFPI to endothelium is not clear, we investigated its association with human placenta.
- Comparison of cell-surface TFPIalpha and betaO Piro
Division of Hematology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Thromb Haemost 3:2677-83. 2005b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is mainly produced by endothelial cells and alternative mRNA splicing generates two forms, TFPIalpha and TFPIbeta...
- Heparanase induces tissue factor pathway inhibitor expression and extracellular accumulation in endothelial and tumor cellsYona Nadir
Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa 31096, Israel
Thromb Haemost 99:133-41. 2008..heparanase regulates other coagulation modulators, and examined the expression and localization of tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) following heparanase over-expression or exogenous addition...
- Regulation of TFPI function by protein ST M Hackeng
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 7:165-8. 2009Protein S is an anticoagulant cofactor of full-length tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) that facilitates optimal factor Xa-inhibition and efficient down-regulation of thrombin generation in plasma...
- Expression of tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) in human breast and colon cancer tissueEwa Sierko
Department of Oncology, Medical University, 12 Ogrodowa St, Bialystok, Poland
Thromb Haemost 103:198-204. 2010..principal initiator of blood coagulation activation in cancer patients is tissue factor (TF), while tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is the main inhibitor of the TF-dependent pathway of blood coagulation...
- Downregulation of TFPI in breast cancer cells induces tyrosine phosphorylation signaling and increases metastatic growth by stimulating cell motilityBenedicte Stavik
Department of Medical Genetics, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 11:357. 2011..Circumstantial evidence suggests that tissue factor pathway inhibitor-1 (TFPI) plays a role in cancer development...
- Functional significance of the Kunitz-type inhibitory domains of lipoprotein-associated coagulation inhibitorT J Girard
Division of Hematology Oncology, Jewish Hospital, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Nature 338:518-20. 1989..Plasma contains a lipoprotein-associated coagulation inhibitor (LACI) which inhibits activated factor X (Xa) directly and, in a Xa-dependent way, inhibits VII(a)/TF activity, ..
- Polymorphisms of the tissue factor pathway inhibitor gene and the risk of restenosis after coronary angioplastyD Moatti
INSERM U479, Faculte Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:317-23. 2001..We investigated a possible relationship between three previously identified polymorphisms of the tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) gene and restenosis in 443 patients who underwent angioplasty, with or without stent ..
- Structure and biology of tissue factor pathway inhibitorM S Bajaj
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, MO, USA
Thromb Haemost 86:959-72. 2001Human tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a modular protein comprised of three Kunitz type domains flanked by peptide segments that are less structured...
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor: structure, biology and involvement in diseaseBashir A Lwaleed
Department of Urology, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
J Pathol 208:327-39. 2006..b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a plasma Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor, which modulates initiations of coagulation ..
- Protein and mRNA expression of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-1 (TFPI-1) in breast, pancreatic and colorectal cancer cellsM A Kurer
Department of Surgery, York District Hospital, Wigginton Road, York, YO31 8HE, UK
Mol Biol Rep 34:221-4. 2007..Our results show that one such factor--Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor (TFPI-1) is expressed by a number of different cancer cells.
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) interferes with endothelial cell migration by inhibition of both the Erk pathway and focal adhesion proteinsMathieu Provençal
Laboratoire de médecine moléculaire Sainte Justine UQAM, Centre de cancérologie Charles Bruneau, 3175, chemin Côte Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Thromb Haemost 99:576-85. 2008b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a plasma Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor that is mainly known for its inhibition of tissue factor-mediated coagulation...
- Recombinant human tissue factor pathway inhibitor exerts anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects in murine pneumococcal pneumoniaF E VAN DEN Boogaard
Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 9:122-32. 2011..Recombinant human tissue factor pathway inhibitor (rh-TFPI) attenuates sepsis-induced coagulation and has been evaluated in clinical trials involving ..
- The haemostatic role of tissue factor pathway inhibitorJames T B Crawley
Department of Hematology, Imperial College London, 5th Floor Commonwealth Building, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:233-42. 2008..This review article focuses on the major physiological regulator of tissue factor-induced coagulation, tissue factor pathway inhibitor, its expression, anticoagulant function, and its role in normal hemostasis.
- Amino acid sequence and carbohydrate structure of a recombinant human tissue factor pathway inhibitor expressed in Chinese hamster ovary cells: one N-and two O-linked carbohydrate chains are located between Kunitz domains 2 and 3 and one N-linked carbohydY Nakahara
Chemo Sero Therapeutic Research Institute, Kumamoto, Japan
Biochemistry 35:6450-9. 1996Human tissue factor pathway inhibitor is a protease inhibitor with three tandem Kunitz-type inhibitory domains...
- The effect of the synthetic pentasaccharide SR 90107/ORG 31540 on thrombin generation ex vivo is uniquely due to ATIII-mediated neutralization of factor XaJ C Lormeau
Sanofi Recherche, Haemobiology Research Department, Toulouse, France
Thromb Haemost 74:1474-7. 1995..These results demonstrate that following subcutaneous administration to man, SP inhibits TG ex vivo and likely in vivo exclusively through the same selective ATIII-mediated inhibition of factor Xa as the one elicited in vitro...
- Prolonged exercise following diuretic-induced hypohydration effects on fluid and electrolyte hormonesB D Roy
Department of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1 Canada
Horm Metab Res 33:540-7. 2001..For the catecholamines--norepinephrine (NE) and epinephrine (EPI)--only NE was higher during exercise with DIU compared to CON (p < 0.05)...
- Effects of angiotensin converting enzyme and angiotensin II receptor inhibition on impaired fibrinolysis in systemic hypertensionY Erdem
Department of Nephrology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Am J Hypertens 12:1071-6. 1999..activity, tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) antigen and activity, soluble thrombomodulin (sTM), and tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) before and after reaching the target blood pressure (<140/90 mm Hg) in 13 hypertensive ..
- Infant immunization coverage in Italy: estimates by simultaneous EPI cluster surveys of regions. ICONA Study GroupS Salmaso
Infectious Disease Unit, , Rome, Italy
Bull World Health Organ 77:843-51. 1999..study children were born in 1996 and selected from birth registries using the Expanded Programme of Immunization (EPI) cluster sampling technique...
- Safety of immunization injections in Africa: not simply a problem of logisticsM Dicko
World Health Organization Regional Office for Africa, Harare, Zimbabwe
Bull World Health Organ 78:163-9. 2000..g. sterilizable or disposable syringes) chosen by the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) and those actually seen to be used...
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor gene disruption produces intrauterine lethality in miceZ F Huang
Division of Hematology, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 90:944-51. 1997b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is a multivalent Kunitz-type proteinase inhibitor that directly inhibits factor Xa and, in a factor Xa-dependent fashion, produces feedback inhibition of the factor VIIa/TF catalytic complex ..
- Pharmacokinetics of anthracyclinesS Eksborg
Karolinska Pharmacy, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:873-6. 1989The plasma pharmacokinetics of the two commonly used anthracyclines doxorubicin and 4'epi-doxorubicin have been studied by reversed phase liquid chromatography with photometric detection...
- Sleep deprivation in the rat: XI. The effect of guanethidine-induced sympathetic blockade on the sleep deprivation syndromeJ J Pilcher
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637
Sleep 13:218-31. 1990..On the other hand, plasma epinephrine (EPI) levels were significantly increased in GD (but not in GC) rats above those previously seen in TSD rats, suggesting ..
- The use of evaluation to improve the Expanded Programme on Immunization in MozambiqueF Cutts
Ministry of Health, Mozambique
Bull World Health Organ 68:199-208. 1990..are the results of an evaluation of process indicators and outputs for the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) in Mozambique which were used to modify immunization strategies from 1985 to 1987...
- Fibrinolytic/hemostatic variables in arterial hypertension: response to treatment with irbesartan or atenololT K Makris
Cardiology Department, Laikon General Hospital, University of Athens, Greece
Am J Hypertens 13:783-8. 2000..The plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 antigen, thrombomodulin, tissue factor pathway inhibitor antigen, fibrinogen, and factor XII were determined before and after 6 months of therapy...
- Rapid evaluation methods (REM) of health services performance: methodological observationsM Anker
Division of Epidemiological Surveillance and Health Situation, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 71:15-21. 1993..objectives and using an issue-information matrix, preparation of survey instruments, use of computer software (Epi Info), data quality control, fieldwork, and the use of data to produce useful information for decision-makers...
- Rehabilitation of the expanded programme on immunization in Sudan following a poliomyelitis outbreakH A ElZein
Ministry of Health, Khartoum, Sudan
Bull World Health Organ 76:335-41. 1998..The extent of the outbreak led to the rapid rehabilitation of Sudan's Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI); the government began financing vaccine purchase, operational aspects of EPI were decentralized, vaccine delivery ..
- Evaluation of immunization coverage by lot quality assurance sampling compared with 30-cluster sampling in a primary health centre in IndiaJ Singh
National Institute of Communicable Diseases NICD, Delhi, India
Bull World Health Organ 74:269-74. 1996..sampling (LQAS) and by the 30-cluster sampling method recommended by WHO's Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI)...
- A pilot clinical trial of postoperative intensive weekly chemotherapy using cisplatin, epi-doxorubicin, 5-fluorouracil, 6S-leucovorin, glutathione and filgrastim in patients with resected gastric cancerF Graziano
Section of Experimental Oncology, Ospedale S. Salvatore, Pesaro, Italy
Tumori 84:368-71. 1998..These data, together with recent results in advanced disease, make this approach of interest for the development of new programs of adjuvant therapy in this setting...
- Acute plasma volume expansion in the untrained alters the hormonal response to prolonged moderate-intensity exerciseB D Roy
Dept. of Kinesiology, University of Waterloo, ON, Canada
Horm Metab Res 33:238-45. 2001..ALD), atrial naturetic peptide (alpha-ANP), and the catecholamines norepinephrine (NE) and epinephrine (EPI). PVX blunted the increases (p<0.05) in AVP, PRA, ALD, NE and EPI, during the exercise itself...
- Safety, effectiveness and ease of use of a non-reusable syringe in a developing country immunization programmeR Steinglass
Resources for Child Health REACH John Snow, Inc, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
Bull World Health Organ 73:57-63. 1995..It could directly replace disposable syringes in expanded programmes on immunization (EPI) in countries where use of unsterile disposable devices occurs or when sterilization is not practical.
- Validation of spot-testing kits to determine iodine content in saltC S Pandav
Clinical Epidemiology Unit CEU, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Bull World Health Organ 78:975-80. 2000..Salt samples from Delhi were collected from 30 schools, chosen using the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) cluster sampling technique. A single observer made the measurement for iodine content using the kit...
- Molecular cloning, expression, and partial characterization of a second human tissue-factor-pathway inhibitorC A Sprecher
ZymoGenetics, Inc, Seattle, WA 98105
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:3353-7. 1994..TFPI-2 at high concentrations weakly inhibited the amidolytic activity of human factor Xa, but had no measurable effect on the amidolytic activity of human thrombin...
- Inhibitory properties of a novel human Kunitz-type protease inhibitor homologous to tissue factor pathway inhibitorL C Petersen
Novo Nordisk A S, Gentofte, Denmark
Biochemistry 35:266-72. 1996..we described the molecular cloning, expression, and partial characterization of a second human tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), which we designated as TFPI-2 [Sprecher, C. A., et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A...
- Analysis of ligase chain reaction products amplified in a silicon-glass chip using capillary electrophoresisJ Cheng
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Chromatogr A 732:151-8. 1996..LIF) detection system for the rapid separation and quantitative detection of LCR products amplified from the lacI gene in a silicon-glass chip. Comparative studies were made with LCR between tubes and silicon-glass chips...
- Oral iodine supplementation does not reduce neutralizing antibody responses to oral poliovirus vaccineR E Taffs
Laboratory of Method Development, US Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20852 1448, USA
Bull World Health Organ 77:484-91. 1999..oil) during a routine visit for their first dose of OPV as part of the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI)...
- A prospective comparison of neurogenic mixed evoked potential stimulation methods: utility of epidural elicitation during posterior spinal surgeryT J Wilson Holden
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2364-71. 2000..obtain NMEPs was made in all patients by using percutaneous (PERC-NMEP), spinous process (SP-NMEP), and epidural (EPI-NMEP) stimulation. These data were evaluated for reliability, sensitivity, and specificity...
- Surveillance for the Expanded Programme on ImmunizationF T Cutts
Communicable Disease Epidemiology Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, England
Bull World Health Organ 71:633-9. 1993..This review examines the experience of surveillance in the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI). Surveillance systems include routine reporting, sentinel surveillance, and community-based reporting...
- Immunization in urban areas: issues and strategiesS J Atkinson
Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, England
Bull World Health Organ 72:183-94. 1994..questions: Is there any need to be concerned about urban immunization and, if so, is more of the same kind of rural EPI activity needed or are there specific urban issues that need specific urban strategies? Vaccine-preventable ..
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of mouse tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI)J Y Chang
Center for Thrombosis and Hemostasis, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7035, USA
Thromb Haemost 79:306-9. 1998b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) acts to regulate the initiation of coagulation by first inhibiting factor Xa. The complex of factor Xa/TFPI then inhibits the factor VIIa/tissue factor complex...
- Growth environment and personality in adult migraineurs and their migraine-free siblingsB Persson
Department of Psychology, University of Lund, Sweden
Headache 37:159-68. 1997..The study, involving 30 sibling pairs and use of various personality instruments (Eysenck Personality Inventory [EPI], Color Word Test [CWT], Visual Aftereffects [VAE], Meta Contrast Technique [MCT], Cesarec-Marke Personality ..
- A low-cost, community-based measles outbreak investigation with follow-up actionR M Weeks
Save the Children Fund, London, England
Bull World Health Organ 70:317-21. 1992..The Uganda EPI programme and the medical office of the Kampala City Council therefore conducted a community-based investigation, ..
- Alteration of prejunctional alpha 2-adrenergic autoinhibition in DOCA-salt hypertensionP Moreau
, , , Canada
Am J Hypertens 8:287-93. 1995..DOCA-salt hypertensive rats had higher basal norepinephrine levels (NE), as well as increased NE and epinephrine (EPI) responses to a 15-mL/kg hemorrhage as compared to control normotensive rats. In normotensive animals, yohimbine (0...
- Prevalence and severity of dental fluorosis in primary schoolchildren in Nairobi, KenyaJ Valderhaug
Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Dental School, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:15-8. 1993..The clinical examination was performed in a room with natural daylight using Thylstrup & Fejerskov's index (TFI)...
- How important are airfreight rates and vaccine packaging in cost-saving efforts for the Expanded Programme on Immunization?B Schreuder
EPI MCH DANIDA Project, Maputo, Mozambique
Bull World Health Organ 75:315-21. 1997Vaccines constitute the single most important cost factor in the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) in Mozambique and in view of future new disease-control initiatives, the proportional expenditure on vaccines will only increase...
- The Kunitz-3 domain of TFPI-alpha is required for protein S-dependent enhancement of factor Xa inhibitionMatthew Ndonwi
Division of Hematology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 116:1344-51. 2010Protein S (PS) enhances the inhibition of factor Xa (FXa) by tissue factor pathway inhibitor-alpha (TFPI-alpha) in the presence of Ca(2+) and phospholipids...
- Intensive weekly chemotherapy for elderly gastric cancer patients, using 5-fluorouracil, cisplatin, epi-doxorubicin, 6S-leucovorin and glutathione with the support of G-CSFS Cascinu
Servizio di Oncologia Medica, Ospedali Riuniti, Pesaro, Italy
Tumori 81:32-5. 1995..v.; epi-doxorubicin, 35 mg/m2 i.v.; 6S-leucovorin, 250 mg/m2 i.v.; 5-fluorouracil, 500 mg/m2 i.v.; and glutathione, 1...
- Cellular effects of heparin on the production and release of tissue factor pathway inhibitor in human endothelial cells in cultureC Lupu
Vascular Biology Laboratory, Weston Centre for Experimental Research, Thrombosis Research Institute, London, United Kingdom
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:2251-62. 1999b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), the major downregulator of procoagulant activity of the tissue factor-factor VIIa complex (TF. FVIIa), is synthesized and constitutively secreted by endothelial cells (ECs)...
- A vaccination survey using the EPI methodology ot evaluate the impact of a child health outreach programme in an urban area of South AfricaD J Coetzee
Department of Community Health, Medical School, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Bull World Health Organ 71:33-9. 1993..The EPI cluster sampling technique was adapted for this purpose...
- [The early post-operative wound healing mode study of the rabbit cornea after flap-free epiploic laser in-situ keratomileusis]Xi Liu
Ophthalmic Center, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400010, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 45:919-25. 2009To evaluate the wound healing mode of rabbit corneal epithelium after Epi-LASIK(epiplolic laser in-situ keratomileusis) and Flap-free Epi-LASIK(Flap-free epiploic laser in-situ keratomileusis).
- The changing age structure of diphtheria patients: evidence for the effectiveness of EPI in the SudanB P Loevinsohn
Expanded Programme on Immunization, Ministry of Health, Sudan
Bull World Health Organ 68:353-7. 1990..It is unlikely that these data are affected by the type of biases that usually plague disease surveillance systems and can therefore be used as a simple way of assessing the effectiveness of the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI).
- Efficacy and tolerability of a new formulation of pancrelipase delayed-release capsules in children aged 7 to 11 years with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and cystic fibrosis: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, two-period crosGavin R Graff
Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0850, USA
Clin Ther 32:89-103. 2010..therapy (PERT) is essential for maintaining adequate nutrition in children with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) due to cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- [Effects of anisodamine on microcirculation of the asystole rats during the cardiopulmonary resuscitation]Li Jing Jia
Emergency Department, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100853, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 20:737-9. 2008..To study the effects of anisodamine (Ani) on microcirculation and reperfusion volume of intestine wall in Wistar rats during cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for cardiac arrest (CA)...
- [A survey on vaccine efficacy in the city of Bongor (Chad) and its operational consequences for the vaccination program]J C Luthi
, Bruxelles, Belgique
Bull World Health Organ 75:427-33. 1997..2%. After the epidemic, the district management team evaluated the expanded programme on immunization (EPI). Through a cluster survey the attack rate was estimated to be 29.1% (95% confidence interval (CI) = 20.4-37...
- A comprehensive study on hemostasis in CAPD patients treated with erythropoietinJolanta Malyszko
Department of Nephrology and Internal Medicine, Bialystok University School of Medicine, Bialystok, Poland
Perit Dial Int 22:582-92. 2002..Platelets and tissue factor (TF) play a major role in plug formation. Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) appears to play a primary role in regulating TF-induced coagulation...
- Post-capillary reaction detection in capillary electrophoresis based on the streptavidin-biotin interaction. Optimization and application to single cell analysisA Feltus
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40506-0055, USA
J Chromatogr A 918:381-92. 2001..5 microM detection limit) or by an epi-fluorescence microscope (1 x 10(-7) M detection limit)...
- Disposition of tissue factor pathway inhibitor during cardiopulmonary bypassB S Donahue
Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:1011-6. 2006..b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is the only specific inhibitor of the TF-FVIIa complex, regulating both its procoagulant and ..
- Cisplatin and vinorelbine followed by ifosfamide plus epirubicin vs the opposite sequence in advanced unresectable stage III and metastatic stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer: a prospective randomized study of the Southern Italy Oncology Group (GOIM)G Colucci
, Oncological Institute, Bari, Italy
Br J Cancer 76:1509-17. 1997..more active regimen compared with the non-cisplatin-containing regimen of ifosfamide plus high-dose epirubicin (IFO/EPI)...
- A dynamic balance between ARP-1/COUP-TFII, EAR-3/COUP-TFI, and retinoic acid receptor:retinoid X receptor heterodimers regulates Oct-3/4 expression in embryonal carcinoma cellsE Ben-Shushan
Hubert H Humphrey Center for Experimental Medicine and Cancer Research, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Mol Cell Biol 15:1034-48. 1995..results demonstrate that in P19 and RA-treated P19 cells, the orphan receptors ARP-1/COUP-TFII and EAR-3/COUP-TFI repress Oct-3/4 promoter activity through the RAREoct site in a dose-dependent manner...
- Vasorelaxant mechanism of KRN2391 and nicorandil in porcine coronary arteries of different sizesA Miwa
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, Gunma, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 109:632-6. 1993..of KRN2391 and nicorandil were compared with those of nitroglycerin and cromakalim, a K+ channel opener, in epi- and mid-myocardial coronary arteries. 2...
- Safety and tolerability of a new formulation of pancrelipase delayed-release capsules (CREON) in children under seven years of age with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency due to cystic fibrosis: an open-label, multicentre, single-treatment-arm studyGavin R Graff
Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Drug Investig 30:351-64. 2010Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) is a deficiency of digestive enzymes caused by diseases such as cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Generation of 8-epiprostaglandin F2alpha by human monocytes. Discriminate production by reactive oxygen species and prostaglandin endoperoxide synthase-2D Pratico
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 271:8919-24. 1996..One of these compounds, 8-epiprostaglandin F2alpha (8-epi-PGF2alpha), is a mitogen and vasoconstrictor...
- Matrix localization of tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2/matrix-associated serine protease inhibitor (TFPI-2/MSPI) involves arginine-mediated ionic interactions with heparin and dermatan sulfate: heparin accelerates the activity of TFPI-2/MSPI toward plasY Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 370:112-8. 1999Human tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 (TFPI-2)/matrix-associated serine protease inhibitor (MSPI), a Kunitz-type serine protease inhibitor, inhibits plasmin, trypsin, chymotrypsin, plasma kallikrein, cathepsin G, and factor VIIa-tissue ..
- Cisplatin-epirubicin-paclitaxel weekly administration in advanced breast cancer: a phase I study of the Southern Italy Cooperative Oncology GroupG Frasci
Division of Medical Oncology A, National Tumor Institute, Naples, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 56:239-52. 1999..Weekly administration could result in a substantial improvement in the therapeutic index of cisplatin and paclitaxel. This study was aimed at determining the MTDs of epirubicin and paclitaxel given weekly with a fixed dose of cisplatin...
- Increased thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor and decreased tissue factor pathway inhibitor in patients with hyperthyroidismCihangir Erem
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University Faculty of Medicine, K T Ü Tıp Fakültesi, Ic Hastaliklari Anabilim Dali, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
Endocrine 36:473-8. 2009..The levels of plasma thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) antigen and tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) have been very rarely investigated in patients with hyperthyroidism...
- Ubc9 interacts with chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-transcription factor I and represses receptor-dependent transcriptionS Kobayashi
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Mol Endocrinol 32:69-86. 2004..To explore novel transcriptional coregulators for COUP-TFs, we used the COUP-TFI as bait in a yeast two-hybrid screen of an adrenocortical adenoma cDNA library...
- Low seroconversion rates to measles vaccine among children in NigeriaF D Adu
College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Bull World Health Organ 70:457-60. 1992The Nigerian Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) was assessed with particular reference to measles immunization. Of 150 children who received measles vaccine at the Institute of Child Health, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 82 (54...
- Diffusion-weighted imaging in patients with acute brain ischemia at 3 T: current possibilities and future perspectives comparing conventional echoplanar diffusion-weighted imaging and fast spin echo diffusion-weighted imaging sequences using BLADE (PROPELPeter Fries
Clinic of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg, Germany
Invest Radiol 44:351-9. 2009..DWI) based on a fast spin echo (FSE) sequence using BLADE (PROPELLER) with conventional DWI-echoplanar imaging (EPI) techniques at 3 T and to demonstrate the influence of hardware developments on signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) with ..
- Enhancement of lipoprotein lipase activity by tissue factor pathway inhibitorM Mukherjee
Thrombosis Research Institute, Chelsea, London, UK
Thromb Haemost 82:1648-51. 1999The effect of a basic synthetic peptide, representing the C-terminal region of tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI - Lys254 - Met276), as well as that of the whole protein, on the activity of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) is described...
- HPLC/ESI-MS and NMR analysis of flavonoids and tannins in bioactive extract from leaves of Maytenus ilicifoliaLauro M de Souza
Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Universidade Federal do Parana, CP 19046, CEP 81531 980, Curitiba PR, Brazil
J Pharm Biomed Anal 47:59-67. 2008..the tandem-MS profile with negative detection provided characteristic fragments, such as those found at m/z 543 [(epi)afzelechin-(epi)afzelechin], m/z 561 [(epi)afzelechin-(epi)catechin], and m/z 577 [(epi)catechin-(epi)catechin] or [..
- Open phase II with 5-fluorouracil, 4-epi-doxorubicin and mitomycin C (FEM) in advanced gastric cancerA Roth
Central Institute for Tumors and Allied Diseases, Zagreb, Yugoslavia
Tumori 76:51-3. 1990Forty-four patients with advanced gastric cancer were treated with a combination including 5-fluorouracil, 4-epi-doxorubicin and mitomycin C. 4-Epi-doxorubicin was substituted for adriamycin in MacDonald's original schedule...
- Plasma levels of the three endothelial-specific proteins von Willebrand factor, tissue factor pathway inhibitor, and thrombomodulin do not predict the development of acute respiratory distress syndromeM S Bajaj
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri, USA
Intensive Care Med 25:1259-66. 1999To determine if the plasma levels of three endothelial-specific proteins, von Willebrand factor (vWF), tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) and thrombomodulin (TM) may be useful in predicting the development of acute respiratory ..
- Factor for correcting the ruthenium interference in instrumental neutron activation analysis of barium in uraniferous samplesE Martinho
, , Portugal
Int J Rad Appl Instrum A 42:1067-71. 1991..In particular the dependence of the correction factor on the phi epi/phi th ratio is studied. An excellent agreement between experimental and calculated values is achieved...
- Oral idarubicin in the treatment of advanced breast cancerL Bastholt
Department of Oncology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Oncol 28:893-7. 1989..A phase III comparison of IDA to doxorubicin or epi-doxorubicin is warranted, in order to clarify the role of IDA in the treatment of advanced breast cancer.
- Iso- and epi-iso-chlortetracycline and the principal metabolites of chlortetracycline in the hen's eggD G Kennedy
Veterinary Sciences Division, Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK
J Chromatogr A 812:327-37. 1998..residue limit (MRL) in eggs of 200 microgram/kg for the sum of the concentrations of CTC and its 4-epimer (4-epi-CTC) has been established. Two major CTC metabolites have been identified in eggs...
- Elevated levels of free tissue factor pathway inhibitor antigen in cases of disseminated intravascular coagulation caused by various underlying diseasesH Asakura
Department of Internal Medicine III, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:1-8. 2001b>Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is primarily synthesized by vascular endothelial cells and is found in vivo in association with endothelial cells, lipoproteins, or in free form...
- Coronary artery constriction by the isoprostane 8-epi prostaglandin F2 alphaB M Kromer
Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London
Br J Pharmacol 119:1276-80. 19961. This study was undertaken to compare the effects of 8-epi prostaglandin F2 alpha (8-epi PGF2 alpha) to those of prostaglandin F2 alpha (PGF2 alpha) and U46619, a thromboxane mimetic, on ovine, bovine and porcine coronary arteries. 2...
- Reduction of factor FVIIa activity during heparin therapy. Evidence for assay interactions with tissue factor pathway inhibitor and antithrombinJ B Hansen
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tromsøo, Tromsøo, Norway
Thromb Res 100:389-96. 2000..to exert its antithrombotic effects by accelerating the effect of antithrombin (AT) and by mobilizing tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) into the circulation from vascular endothelium...
- Quantification of heparin-induced TFPI release: a maximum release at low heparin doseMichiel J B Kemme
Centre for Human Drug Research and Gaubius Laboratory TNO PG, Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 54:627-34. 2002Heparin releases tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) from the endothelium and this release may decrease after repeated high dose heparin administration...
- [Research on the visual performance and effects of higher order aberration after Epi-LASIK for myopia]Xiao Yan Yang
Tianjin Eye Hospital, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 46:197-202. 2010To investigate changes of visual performance and effects of higher order aberration on visual performance after Epi-LASIK for myopia.
- Mutation spectrum in the lacI gene, induced by gamma-radiation in aqueous solution under oxic conditionsC A Wijker
Department of Medical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Mutat Res 403:137-47. 1998..influence of the indirect effect on gamma-radiation-induced mutations, a newly constructed plasmid, containing the lacI gene as a target gene, was irradiated with 60Co gamma-radiation in aqueous solution, in the presence of oxygen...
- Pharmacokinetics and central haemodynamic effects of doxorubicin and 4'epi-doxorubicin in the pigM Andersson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, , Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:709-14. 1989..between the cardiotoxicity and the haemodynamics/pharmacokinetics of clinical concentrations of doxorubicin and 4'epi-doxorubicin was studied. Twelve pigs were randomized to receive i.v. infusions of either drug of 50 mg/m2 over 3...
- Decreased anticoagulant response to tissue factor pathway inhibitor in patients with venous thromboembolism and otherwise no evidence of hereditary or acquired thrombophiliaThomas Bombeli
Coagulation Laboratory, Division of Haematology, University Hospital of Zurich, Sternwartstrasse 14, Zurich 8091, Switzerland
Thromb Haemost 91:80-6. 2004..Based on these results, a reduced response to TFPI may lead to an increased risk of venous thrombosis...
- Population analysis of the pharmacokinetics and the haematological toxicity of the fluorouracil-epirubicin-cyclophosphamide regimen in breast cancer patientsM Sandstrom
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Division of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Therapy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:143-56. 2006..covariate relationships and (b) to characterise the relationship between the PK and the haematological toxicity of the component drugs of the fluorouracil (5-FU)-epirubicin (EPI)-cyclophosphamide (CP) regimen in breast cancer patients.
- Naphthylisoquinoline alkaloids exhibit strong growth-inhibiting activities against Plasmodium falciparum and P. berghei in vitro--structure-activity relationships of dioncophylline CG Francois
Laboratorium voor Protozoölogie, Prins Leopold Instituut voor Tropische Geneeskunde, Antwerpen, Belgium
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 90:115-23. 1996..berghei (Anka) were studied in vitro. Three of the alkaloids [7-epi-dioncophylline A (8b), dioncolactone A (4), and 5'-O-demethyl-8-O-methyl-7-epidioncophylline A (11)] displayed good ..
- Efficiency of EPI cluster sampling for assessing diarrhoea and dysentery prevalenceS S Yoon
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Bull World Health Organ 75:417-26. 1997This study examines the efficiency of EPI cluster sampling in assessing the prevalence of diarrhoea and dysentery. A computer was used to simulate fieldwork carried out by a survey taker...
- The human thromboxane A2 receptor alpha isoform (TP alpha) functionally couples to the G proteins Gq and G11 in vivo and is activated by the isoprostane 8-epi prostaglandin F2 alphaB T Kinsella
Department of Biochemistry, University College Dublin, Ireland
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 281:957-64. 1997..Second, we wished to examine the possible interaction of the isoprostane 8-epi prostaglandin F2 alpha with the TP alpha, in transfected HEK 293 cells and with the TPs expressed in platelets...
- Anthracyclines in non-small-cell lung cancer: do they have a therapeutic role?A Martoni
Division of Medical Oncology, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Ann Oncol 10:S19-23. 1999..Its analogue, epirubicin (EPI), has also shown a poor antitumor activity in the treatment of NSCLC when used at 'standard' doses (= 90 mg/m2)...
- Diagnostic utility of aberrant methylation of tissue factor pathway inhibitor 2 in pure pancreatic juice for pancreatic carcinomaPeihong Jiang
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:1267-73. 2006The tissue factor pathway inhibitor 2 (TFPI-2) is a Kunitz-type serine proteinase inhibitor. Recently, the aberrant methylation of TFPI-2 was detected frequently in pancreatic carcinoma (PCa) tissues but not in normal pancreatic tissues...
- Increased plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, decreased tissue factor pathway inhibitor, and unchanged thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor levels in patients with primary hyperparathyroidismCihangir Erem
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
Eur J Endocrinol 160:863-8. 2009..Little is known about hemostatic features of patients with PHPT. To our knowledge, plasma tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) and thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI) levels in these patints have not been ..
- A comparison of three methods of pain control for posterior spinal fusions in adolescent idiopathic scoliosisTodd A Milbrandt
Shriners Hospital for Children, Lexington, KY 40502, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:1499-503. 2009..Retrospective cohort study...
- Barriers to universal child immunization in rural Senegal 5 years after the accelerated Expanded Programme on ImmunizationA Desgrées du Lou
Laboratoire d Anthropologie Biologique URA 49 du CNRS, Museum national d histoire naturelle, Paris, France
Bull World Health Organ 72:751-9. 1994Although the Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI) has been a worldwide success, weak points remain, particularly in Africa...
- Antiaggregatory activity of 8-epi-prostaglandin F2 alpha and other F-series prostanoids and their binding to thromboxane A2/prostaglandin H2 receptors in human plateletsK Yin
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 270:1192-6. 19948-Epi-prostaglandin F2 alpha (8-epi-PGF 2 alpha) is a nonenzymatic, free radical-catalyzed peroxidation product of arachidonic acid that has potent biological activity, including contraction of vasculature and inhibition of aggregation ..
- High resolution 3D diffusion-weighted breast MRIBruce L Daniel; Fiscal Year: 2012..The most promising approach for non-contrast breast MRI is diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI). Echo-planar imaging (EPI-) DWI reveals tumors because increased cellular density and altered microscopic structure restrict water diffusion...
- TLR2 in Sepsis-Induced Coagulopathy, Endothelial Leak, and Pulmonary DysfunctionJudith Hellman; Fiscal Year: 2010..EC will be treated with TLR2 agonists, and expression of tissue factor (TF), tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) will be quantified...
- Development of Sub-second 3D Pulse Sequences for FMRI in NeurosciencesDAVID ALAN FEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Echo planar imaging (EPI) is the most widely used fMRI pulse sequence, due to its speed and BOLD contrast, however EPI has relatively poor ..
- DAVID ALAN FEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2014..Echo planar imaging (EPI) is the most widely used MRI technique used for neurosciences due to its extremely fast imaging speed and unique ..
- Development of a Brain Template for Diffusion-Tensor MRIKonstantinos Arfanakis; Fiscal Year: 2009..is compromised partly due to the fact that conventional DTI data acquisitions are based on echo- planar imaging (EPI), which suffers from distortions and image artifacts...
- Artifact-Free Diffusion Mapping with Echo-Planar ImagingNan kuei Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..is to develop, optimize and validate an artifact-free diffusion mapping protocol based on echo-planar imaging (EPI), to enable a fast and accurate quantitative diffusion mapping in clinical examinations...
- ANGARA KONETI RAO; Fiscal Year: 2016..levels [whole blood TF-PCA~ plasma coagulation factors VII, VIIa, and VIII~ plasma TAT~ D-dimer~ tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI)~ and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1)] will be measured before and at 48 hours after ..
- SUSAN ANTONE MARONEY; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor (TFPI) is the primary physiological inhibitor of tissue factor, the initiator of clotting after a ..
- George J Broze; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) produces factor Xa (FXa)-dependent feedback inhibition of factor VIIa/tissue factor (FVIIa/TF)-induced coagulation. In humans, TFPI is expressed as two isoforms...
- H Michael Gach; Fiscal Year: 2015..simulations and in vivo respiratory motion data;2) integrate the best RMP algorithms with 2D echo planar imaging (EPI) and 3D gradient and spin echo (GRASE) MRI to allow fast free-breathing MRI acquisitions of the abdomen, optimize ..
- Souvik Sen; Fiscal Year: 2014..spin labeling (CASL) approach and Oxygen Extraction Fraction (OEF) using MRI T2*-weighted echo-planar imaging (EPI) sequences, in response to reductions in MAP. The results will be compared with those in HIV negative controls...
- LIPOPROTEIN AND HEPARIN INTERACTIONS OF LACIWILLIAM NOVOTHY; Fiscal Year: 1991..inhibitor of tissue factor initiated coagulation that we call the Lipoprotein Associated Coagulation Inhibitor (LACI)...
- Lawrence L Wald; Fiscal Year: 2014..The problem is particularly acute for fast sequences such as the echo planar imaging (EPI) needed for functional, perfusion and diffusion imaging...
- Adaptive Techniques for Robust High-Resolution Functional Magnetic Resonance ImagDANIEL STUART WELLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition to developing adaptive versions of echo-planar imaging (EPI) and spiral pulse sequences widely used in fMRI, we propose extending the adaptive approach to accelerated parallel ..
- DIFFUSION/PERFUSION MRI OF ISCHEMIC PENUMBRARobert Edelman; Fiscal Year: 1999..These innovations include echo planar imaging (EPI), a class of MRI pulse sequences that permits imaging on the order on 100 ms, diffusion weighted imaging (DWI), ..
- A QUIET, HIGH-PERFORMANCE, HIGH-FIELD MRI GRADIENT COILF Doty; Fiscal Year: 2004..coil will be switchable between a configuration optimized for functional MRI (fMRI) using Echo Planar Imaging (EPI) and one optimized for high-gradient techniques such as high-resolution diffusion-weighted microscopy MRI (DWI)...
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with the recovery act's goal, this funding will provide full-time summer employment for 4 undergraduate students and accelerate scientific achievement of the parent DP2 award...
- The Biochemistry and Physiology of Platelet TFPISUSAN ANTONE MARONEY; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) is the major inhibitor of the tissue factor/factor Vila (TF/Vlla) catalytic complex that initiates blood coagulation...
- CNS Mechanisms of Acute Hypoglycemia-Associate Autonomic FailureDIANNE FIGLEWICZ LATTEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2012..response (CRR), a hormonal and neural response that includes sympathoadrenal activation and epinephrine (EPI) release;activation of the hypothalamic/pituitary/adrenal (HPA) axis and release of adrenal glucocorticoids;and ..
- Marlene A Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2016..adrenal (HPA) activity and other indices of sympathetic activation including norepinephrine (NE) and epinephrine (EPI) levels...
- Paul C Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2016..The catecholamines norepinephrine (NE) and epinephrine (EPI) activate two types of ARs on cardiac muscle cells, the dominant beta-ARs, which increase heart contraction, and ..
- Host pathogen signaling in the intestineVanessa Sperandio; Fiscal Year: 2013..coli (EHEC) O157:H7 exploits sensing the host's stress hormones epinephrine (epi) and norepinephrine (NE) to activate its virulence traits...
- DAVID ALAN FEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2016..For this reason DSC contrast based methods and ASL with multi-slice 2D EPI have not been able to satisfactorily image perfusion in the entire brain except with thick slices hence reduced ..
- Non-Contrast Magnetic Resonance Angiography of Peripheral Vascular DiseaseRobert R Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..have implemented a novel approach consisting of a fat suppressed, single shot 2D saturation-recovery trueFISP (SR-TFI) pulse sequence...
- BLOOD COAGULATION HOMESTASIS: REGULATION OF TFPIAlan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2003..One key regulatory inhibitor of coagulation is tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), which produces feedback inhibition of the factor VIIa/tissue factor complex and directly ..
- FACTOR X ACTIVATION BY THE EXTRINSIC PATHWAYSriram Krishnaswamy; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose that the mechanism underlying the function of Xa-"activated" inhibitors of Xase, such as tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), derives from the ability of the inhibitor to bind Xa, which in turn can interact with Xase, ..
- Kidney Function and AgingLesley Ann Inker; Fiscal Year: 2012..and validate GFR estimating eqations from cystatin C in the Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Collaboration (CKD-EPI) database (N>65 years= 1306)...
- DEGENERATION--EPINEPHRINE NEURONS IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEWilliam Burke; Fiscal Year: 1993..2) to determine whether in Alzheimer's disease (AD) the concentration of DOPEGAL increases in epinephrine (Epi) nerve cell bodies where it has access to DNA and where binding to DNA could decrease transcription of the mRNAs of ..
- DESIGN OF INHIBITORS OF EPINEPHRINE BIOSYNTHESISGARY GRUNEWALD; Fiscal Year: 2005Epinephrine (Epi) comprises about 5% of central nervous system (CNS) catecholamines and it has been implicated in a number of neuroregulatory processes...
- Mechanisms of GalTKO Lung Xenograft InjuryRichard Pierson; Fiscal Year: 2009..To test this hypothesis, a combination of genetic (GalTKO lungs expressing human tissue factor pathway inhibitor or decay accelerating factor) and pharmacologic approaches (specific platelet receptor, thrombin, or ..
- Improving Epigenetic-based Cell Reprogramming with Proteasome InhibitionJaroslaw Staszkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2011..molecules;and 4) Combining over-expression of a single pluripotency gene C with shRNA knockdown of one or more epi-genes (NuPotenial induced pluripotent stem cells, NuPiPStm)...
- SATB1-dependent epigenetic regulation of leukemia initiating cellsBritta Will; Fiscal Year: 2011..study will investigate the function of special AT-rich sequence-binding protein 1 (SATB1), a DNA- organizing ('epi-genetic') factor we have found in normal blood stem cells and cells that initiate acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Stem cell mutagenesis mediated by age and nicheVIVIENNE ILONA REBEL; Fiscal Year: 2011..Mice transgenic for a mutation reporter gene, LacI, will be used as bone marrow donors for the isolation of purified stem cells and differentiated populations...
- Molecular Recognition in Factor VIIa Induced CoagulationS Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 2005..Further, factor VIIa has virtually no enzymatic activity prior to its complexation with TF. Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) contains two functional Kunitz domains (K1 and K2) and it first inhibits factor Xa via its K2 ..
- Live cell imaging of IgH and c-Myc gene loci and the role of nuclear organizationMark T Groudine; Fiscal Year: 2010..The fluorescent protein fusions will label key nuclear compartments and specific loci (via fluorescently tagged LacI and TetR binding to arrays of LacO and TetO binding sites)...
- TFPI ALPHA AND TFPI BETAGeorge Broze; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) produces factor Xa (FXa)-dependent feedback inhibition of factor VIIa/tissue factor (FVIIa/TF)-induced coagulation. In humans, TFPI is expressed as two isoforms...
- Schahram Akbarian; Fiscal Year: 2015..histone methylation mapping of specific interneuron types is likely to provide radically novel insights into the developmental history and (epi)genomic architecture of cells ascribed a key role in schizophrenia and related disease.
- Etanercept: a Mechanistic Probe of Central Mu-Opioid Dysregulation in Pain StatesALAN RODNEY PROSSIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. TNF-alpha) antagonist, is proposed as a mechanistic probe to differentiate causality from epi-phenomena in determining the role that cytokines play in the dysregulaton of central mu-opioid receptor mediated ..
- KARAM E EL-BAYOUMY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Mutations in both lacI and p53 genes in oral tissues of mice treated with DB[a,l]P are similar to those observed in OSCC in humans...
- Chia Yang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Blephar-ophimosis, Ptosis, and Epi-canthus inversus Syndrome (BPES) is an autosomal dominant genetic disorder characterized by craniofacial defects that mainly affect the development of the eyelids...
- Development of a human Oct-4 gene-targeted reporter cell lineGREGORY LENO; Fiscal Year: 2010..superior predictive indexing of gene transcription for the identification of efficient reprogramming-competent epi-drugs. To accomplish this, NuPotential will partner with Dr...
- Susan Lowey; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 1 will employ a combination of time-lapse epi-fluorescence microscopy and biochemical assays to assess the contribution of actin filament cross-linkers (fimbrin ..
- DOMINIC JAMES SMIRAGLIA; Fiscal Year: 2014..This will increase the power of the pairwise comparisons between primary and metastatic tumors and will ultimately allow for dissection of multiple molecular routes of metastatic spread. ..
- Optimization of novel pyranopyridine efflux pump inhibitorsSon Truong Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2013..project is to develop a potent validated hit, the pyranopyridine (MBX-2319), into novel efflux pump inhibitors (EPI) to treat Gram-negative infections...
- Richard W Welch; Fiscal Year: 2016..vaccine, Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG), under the World Health Organization (WHO) expanded program on immunization (EPI)...
- MARKUS PARZIVAL VALLASTER; Fiscal Year: 2015..effects of paternal exposure to nicotine on behavioral responses in offspring, eventually connecting the observed (epi)genotype with a phenotype...
- DALE ALAN PELLIGRINO; Fiscal Year: 2014..that pharmacologic blockade of VAP-1/SSAO, during the reperfusion period following transient forebrain ischemia (TFI), prevented neutrophil infiltration into the brain, and was associated with a 6h post-ischemic therapeutic window ..
- Pixuan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2014..pixel resolution image capture of large-area histology sections (up to 125 mm by 175 mm), in brightfield and by epi-fluorescence optical sectioning...
- Lipoxin-Mediated Inflammatory Resolution in Newborn Hyperoxic Lung InjuryRODNEY BRITT; Fiscal Year: 2012..from a cyclooxygenases to a lipoxygenase, generates a more biologically stable and potent form of lipoxins, 15-epi lipoxins...
- Ronald M Evans; Fiscal Year: 2016..signaling is mediated by ligand directed chromatin modifications and that the resulting induced epigenomic state (epi-state) mobilizes groups or networks of genes to produce unique cell function and physiology...
- A transfollicular nanovaccine against leishmaniasisPAIMAN PETER GHOROGHCHIAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..vaccine that delivers an antigen and adjuvant to skin dendritic cells through transfollicular immunization (TFI)...
- Synapt G2-S System with HXMS AutomationElizabeth A Komives; Fiscal Year: 2013..these inhibitors targeting them for degradation;Noel will analyze conformational changes in Tobacco 5-epi-aristolochene synthase and other terpene synthases which they are engineering to make novel natural products;..
- Autogeneic Mitochondria: Surgical CardioprotectionJames D McCully; Fiscal Year: 2013..membrane potential, are present in the myocardium for at least 21 days after injection and are distributed from the epi- to the sub- endocardium at significant distance from the site of injection...
- Michael S Krangel; Fiscal Year: 2015..gene targeting to introduce a lac operator (lacO) array into the Tcra/Tcrd locus and by expressing lac repressor (lacI) as a fusion protein with a component of the nuclear lamina...
- Epithelial-mesenchymal interactions in gut morphogenesisDeborah C Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2010..We generated Epimorphin-/- (Epi-/-) mice, which are viable yet have increased small bowel length, mucosal surface area, crypt cell proliferation ..
- Suppression of Mutagenesis with AntioxidantsWILFREDO HERNANDEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mutation frequencies (mf) will be quantitated by measuring mutations in a LacI repressor gene, contained in the chromosome of live transgenic Big Blue mice...
- In-Incubator Live Cell Fluorescence/DIC Time Lapse Imaging SystemMartin F Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2010..The microscope uses DIC or epi-fluorescence optics to acquire images, movies, z- stacks, etc...
- Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training ProgramVirasakdi Chongsuvivatwong; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Epidemiology Unit, Prince of Songkla University (EPI-PSU), a World Health Organization (WHO) identified research mentoring institute in Thailand and collaborating ..
- Don J Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2016..HCMV) infection has been enhanced by discovery of a 2nd pathway of virus entry into epithelial-endothelial cells (Epi/EC) mediated by a pentameric virion glycoprotein complex...
- Kristen M Johansen; Fiscal Year: 2014..test the hypothesis that H3S10 phosphorylation functions to regulate the epigenetic state of euchromatin by using a LacI-tethering system to ectopically induce H3S10 phosphorylation and determine the changes in the distribution of ..
- Single-molecule imaging of membrane-localized transcription complexes in bacteriaVictor J DiRita; Fiscal Year: 2013..cholerae genome using the lacO operator site for binding of a LacI-EYFP fusion protein. 2...
- Efficacy of Kunitz Domain 1 variants of TFPI-2 as novel antifibrinolytic agentsMADHU SATYA BAJAJ; Fiscal Year: 2010..and biochemical approaches, we generated two variants of the first Kunitz domain (KD1) of human tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 (TFPI-2) that are significantly more potent inhibitors of plasmin as compared to the wild-type KD1 ..
- In vivo tomographic imaging of fluorescence proteinWenxiang Cong; Fiscal Year: 2010..The system unifies the transillumination and epi-illumination imaging modes, and offers a notable capability of probing both deeply-seated probes and superficial ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF ARTERIAL THROMBOSISRobert Simari; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have focused on tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) as the major physiologic inhibitor of TF...
- How the Large-Scale Organization of Gene Expression Relates to Behavior in MiceMark D Alter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Epigenetics refers to mechanisms outside ("epi") the actual genetic sequence that influence gene regulation...
- Community Partnership for Ethical ResearchELIZABETH B RIPLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..ii) The efficacy of the strategies for information diffusion (utilizing modified Epi mapping), the level of comprehension, and the willingness to participate in RAMPART target populations during and ..
- Enhancing tumor uptake of chemotherapeutics by novel heparin-derived compoundsPATRICIA PHILLIPS; Fiscal Year: 2006..of heparin to angiogenic growth factors; modulation of tissue factor via the enhanced endothelial tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) release; and inhibition of various matrix-degrading enzymes...
- Antithrombotic Gene TherapyPierre Zoldhelyi; Fiscal Year: 2006..The hypothesis driving this" work is that gene transfer of tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) to mechanically damaged atherosclerotic arteries and to vein grafts will suppress the ..