Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TH1L
Description: TH1-like (Drosophila)
Alias: NELF-C, NELF-D, TH1, NELF-C/D, TH1 drosophila homolog, TH1-like protein, negative elongation factor C/D, negative elongation factor proteins C and D, trihydrophobin 1
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Three different hepcidins from tilapia, Oreochromis mossambicus: analysis of their expressions and biological functionsPao Hsian Huang
Marine Research Station, Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, 23 10 Dahuen Road, Jiaushi, Ilan 262, Taiwan, ROC
Mol Immunol 44:1922-34. 2007..Through hybridization of a phage library, the cDNA sequences of three hepcidin-like antimicrobial peptides (named TH1-5, TH2-2, and TH2-3) in tilapia, Oreochromis mossambicus, were determined...
- Negative role of trihydrophobin 1 in breast cancer growth and migrationWeiying Zou
Gene Research Center, Key Laboratory of Glycoconjugate Research, Ministry of Public Health, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Cancer Sci 101:2156-62. 2010b>Trihydrophobin 1 (TH1) is a member of the negative elongation factor complex, which is involved in transcriptional pausing...
- Trihydrophobin 1 Interacts with PAK1 and Regulates ERK/MAPK Activation and Cell MigrationChunming Cheng
Gene Research Center, Shanghai Medical College, and Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
J Biol Chem 284:8786-96. 2009..Here we have shown that trihydrophobin 1 (TH1), originally identified as a negative regulator of A-RAF kinase, also interacted with PAK1 in cultured ..
- Trihydrophobin 1 is a new negative regulator of A-Raf kinaseWeicheng Liu
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and Gene Research Center, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
J Biol Chem 279:10167-75. 2004Our previous work indicated that instead of binding to B-Raf or C-Raf, trihydrophobin 1 (TH1) specifically binds to A-Raf kinase both in vitro and in vivo. In this work, we investigated its function further...
- Ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis of trihydrophobin 1 (TH1) by the human papilloma virus E6-associated protein (E6-AP)Yanzhong Yang
Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Virology Ministry of Education and Health, Gene Research Center, Shanghai Medical College and Institutes of Biomedical Science of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, P R China
J Cell Biochem 101:167-80. 2007..In this paper, we identify here trihydrophobin 1 (TH1), an integral subunit of the human negative transcription elongation factor (NELF) complex, as a novel ..
- The regulation of HIV-1 transcription: molecular targets for chemotherapeutic interventionMiguel Stevens
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Med Res Rev 26:595-625. 2006..As such, targeting of Tat protein (and/or cellular cofactors) provide an interesting perspective for therapeutic intervention in the HIV replicative cycle and may afford lifetime control of the HIV infection...
- DSIF and NELF interact with RNA polymerase II elongation complex and HIV-1 Tat stimulates P-TEFb-mediated phosphorylation of RNA polymerase II and DSIF during transcription elongationY H Ping
Department of Pharmacology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and Molecular Biosciences Graduate Program at Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 276:12951-8. 2001..These findings reveal a molecular mechanism for the negative and positive regulation of transcriptional elongation at the HIV-1 promoter...
- Phenomenology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment of aspirin-sensitive rhinosinusitisA G Schapowal
Hochgebirgsklinik Davos Wolfgang, Switzerland
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 49:235-50. 1995..and the nasal polyps show a hyperreactive immune system with an activation of the eosinophil granulocytes due to a TH1-lymphocyte-activation...
- Induction of immunity to prostate cancer antigens: results of a clinical trial of vaccination with irradiated autologous prostate tumor cells engineered to secrete granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor using ex vivo gene transferJ W Simons
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Brady Urological Institute, and Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Cancer Res 59:5160-8. 1999..of effector cells consisting of CD45RO+ T-cells, and degranulating eosinophils consistent with activation of both Th1 and Th2 T-cell responses...
- [Study on pathogenetic role of myeloperoxidase, tumor necrosis factor alpha, interferon gamma in chronic airway infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa]H Takeda
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kyorin University, School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:395-409. 1998..CD3 positive IFN gamma lymphocytes expressed by immunological interaction with mucoid-alginate and the IFN gamma lymphocytes (Th1 like cells) plays an important role on advancement of chronic airway infection with mucoid P. aeruginosa.
- Increased production of interleukin-10 by human blood monocytes stimulated with Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare complexW Ueda
Department of Bacteriology, Osaka City University Medical School, Japan
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:753-60. 1998..IL-10 also inhibits interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) production and antigen-specific proliferation of Th1 cells mediating immunologic resistance to mycobacterial infection...
- Inducing a cell-mediated immune response against peptides of the Plasmodium vivax circumsporozoite proteinB E Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 95:573-86. 2001..The major secreted cytokines were found to be from CD4(+) Th1 (interferon-gamma and interleukin-2), with relatively low levels of the Th-2 cytokines interleukin-4 and ..
- The role of nitric oxide in parasitic diseasesF Y Liew
Department of Immunology, University of Glasgow
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 87:637-42. 1993..NO can reduce the activity of NO synthase by feedback inhibition, and also inhibit the production of IFN-gamma by Th1 cells (thus turning off its own synthesis from upstream)...
- Immunity to Schistosoma mansoni in mice vaccinated with irradiated cercariae: cytokine interactions in the pulmonary protective responseL E Smythies
Department of Biology, University of York, Heslington
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 87:653-7. 1993..We suggest that the lymphocytes recruited to the lungs are effector/memory cells of the Th1 subset...
- Cytokine-mediated regulation of intestinal helminth infections: the Trichuris muris modelR K Grencis
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 87:643-7. 1993..subsets is associated with either expulsion of the parasites from the intestine (Th2 cells) or chronic infection (Th1 cells)...
- Characterization of skin cytokines in bullous pemphigoid and pemphigus vulgarisM J Rico
Dermatology Service, New York VA Medical Center and Department of Dermatology, New York University, 423 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
Br J Dermatol 140:1079-86. 1999..PV biopsies were remarkable for a mixed Th1/Th2 pattern of cytokine expression, including the presence of IL-2, IFN-gamma and IL-4 and the absence of IL-5 and ..
- Potentiation of antigen-specific, Th1 immune responses by multiple DNA vaccination with an ovalbumin/interferon-gamma hybrid constructY S Lim
College of Pharmacy, Chonnam National University, Kwangju, Republic of Korea
Immunology 94:135-41. 1998The preferential differentiation of T helper (Th) cells to Th1 or Th2 subsets is important with respect to susceptibility or resistance to particular infections, or to autoimmune diseases and allergic diseases...
- Increased in vitro interleukin-12 production by peripheral blood in high-risk IDDM first degree relativesM Szelachowska
Department of Endocrinology, Medical School Bialystok, Poland
Horm Metab Res 29:168-71. 1997..If the involvement of Th1 cells is confirmed in the destruction of islet beta-cells, it is possible that IL-12 antagonists will have a role ..
- Lung allograft dysfunction correlates with gamma-interferon gene expression in bronchoalveolar lavageD J Ross
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center Lung and Heart Lung Transplant Program, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 18:627-36. 1999..We have previously reported the predominant expression of Th1 cytokines (IL-2 and interferon gamma) in rejecting and Th2 (IL-10) in a tolerant model of rat lung transplantation...
- Decreased expression and function of Vbeta6+ and Vbeta14+ T cells is associated with decreased Th1 cytokine production in mice with plasma cell tumorsH E Stefanski
Department of Oral Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Tumori 82:22-6. 1996..that polyclonally stimulated T cells from mice bearing ascitic plasma cell tumors demonstrate specific decreases in Th1 cytokine production...
- Screening and identification of T helper 1 and linear immunodominant antibody-binding epitopes in the spike 2 domain and the nucleocapsid protein of feline infectious peritonitis virusRyoichi Satoh
Laboratory of Veterinary Infectious Disease, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori 034 8628, Japan
Vaccine 29:1791-800. 2011..peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) obtained from FIPV-infected cats were cultured with each peptide, and Th1-type immune responses were measured using feline interferon (fIFN)-γ production as an index...
- Selective blockade of voltage-gated potassium channels reduces inflammatory bone resorption in experimental periodontal diseasePaloma Valverde
Department of Oral and Developmental Biology, Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Bone Miner Res 19:155-64. 2004..This study suggests a plausible therapeutic approach for inflammatory bone resorption by targeting Kv1.3...
- Analysis of Th1 and Th2 cytokines expressing CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in rheumatoid arthritis by flow cytometryB Berner
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology, Georg August University of Goettingen, Germany
J Rheumatol 27:1128-35. 2000A Th1/Th2 cytokine imbalance with a predominance of Th1 cytokines has been suggested to be of pathogenetic importance in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- [Pathological changes by the imbalance of host T helper lymphocyte subsets in Mycoplasma pulmonis pneumonia of mice]H Tanaka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:342-6. 1998..Th) to the development of pulmonary lesion in mycoplasma pneumonia, we compared the pathological findings between Th1 dominant mice (C57BL/6) and Th2 dominant mice (BALB/c) in experimental Mycoplasma pulmonis (M. pulmonis) pneumonia...
- Decreased in vitro IL-4 [corrected] and IL-10 production by peripheral blood in first degree relatives at high risk of diabetes type-IM Szelachowska
Department of Endocrinology, , Poland
Horm Metab Res 30:526-30. 1998There is mounting evidence that the imbalance between Th1 and Th2 lymphocyte subsets plays a key role in the development of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice, but it is also possible in humans...
- Lactic acid bacteria enhance autophagic ability of mononuclear phagocytes by increasing Th1 autophagy-promoting cytokine (IFN-gamma) and nitric oxide (NO) levels and reducing Th2 autophagy-restraining cytokines (IL-4 and IL-13) in response to MycobacteriuDarab Ghadimi
Department of Physiology and Biochemistry of Nutrition, Max Rubner Institut, Hermann Weigmann Str 1, D 24103 Kiel, Germany
Int Immunopharmacol 10:694-706. 2010Control of the intracellular Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb), mainly requires an appropriate ratio of Th1/Th2 cytokines to induce autophagy, a physiologically, and immunologically regulated process that has recently been highlighted as ..
- Serum Th1 and Th2 profile cytokine level changes in patients with Graves' ophthalmopathy treated with corticosteroidsJ Mysliwiec
Department of Endocrinology, Medical School of Białystok, M C Skłodowskiej Curie 24 a, 15 267 Białystok, Poland
Horm Metab Res 33:739-43. 2001The aim of this study was to estimate the influence of corticosteroids on Th1 and Th2 serum cytokine balance in patients with GO: IFNgamma, TNFalpha, IL-4 and IL-10...
- Harvesting the intact cadaveric cervical spine (C0-Th1)K Yang
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:1447-9. 2000..The spine was separated from surrounding tissue, then the caudal end was cut off through the Th1/Th2 disc space. A circular craniotomy provided access to the cranial base...
- Risk factors and probability of vertebral body collapse in metastases of the thoracic and lumbar spineH Taneichi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:239-45. 1997..METHODS: The size and location of metastatic tumor from Th1 to L5 were evaluated radiologically for 100 thoracic and lumbar vertebrae with osteolytic lesions...
- Western lifestyle, local defenses and the rising incidence of allergic rhinitisJ Ceuppens
Division of Allergy and Immunology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Catholic University of Leuven
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 54:391-5. 2000..to reverse the dominance of allergy-promoting Th2 cytokine patterns at birth into a balanced equilibrium between Th1 and Th2 cell responses upon antigenic triggering...
- Incomplete Freund's adjuvant reduces diabetes in the non-obese diabetic mouseR Liddi
Dept. of Diabetes and Metabolism, St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London, UK
Horm Metab Res 32:201-6. 2000..ELISA using supernatants from IFA treated animals, showed a typical Th2 cytokine pattern, whereas controls showed a Th1 pattern...
- Increased Th1, Th17 and pro-fibrotic responses in hepatitis C-infected patients are down-regulated after 12 weeks of treatment with pegylated interferon plus ribavirinMaria Angeles Jimenez-Sousa
Clinical Analysis Service, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valladolid, Spain
Eur Cytokine Netw 21:84-91. 2010..Hepatitis C virus infection induced not only the secretion of chemokines and cytokines participating in Th1 responses (MIP-1 alpha, IP-10, TNF-alpha, IL-12p70, IL-2), but also cytokines involved in the development of Th17 ..
- CD30 antigen: not a physiological marker for TH2 cells but an important costimulator molecule in the regulation of the balance between TH1/TH2 responsePatrizia Pellegrini
Istituto CNR Trapianti d Organo e l Immunocitologia, Ple Collemaggio, 67100 L Aquila, Italy
Transpl Immunol 12:49-61. 2003..suggested, but rather a marker for an important immunoregulatory subpopulation that regulates the balance between TH1 and TH2 (TH1/TH2) type response...
- Initiation of T-helper cell immunity to Candida albicans by IL-12: the role of neutrophilsL Romani
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, Italy
Chem Immunol 68:110-35. 1997The Th1/Th2 paradigm of acquired immunity is proving essential for a better understanding of immunoregulation in candidiasis and perhaps other fungal infections, conditions that may be life-threatening in humans and difficult to control ..
- Interleukin-17 is produced by both Th1 and Th2 lymphocytes, and modulates interferon-gamma- and interleukin-4-induced activation of human keratinocytesC Albanesi
Laboratory of Immunology, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 115:81-7. 2000..subset, and have examined the capacity of interleukin-17 to modulate the activation of keratinocytes induced by Th1 and Th2 cytokines...
- TH1 and TH2 cytokine mRNA and protein levels in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-seropositive and HIV-seronegative youthsSteven D Douglas
Division of Allergy Immunology, Joseph Stokes, Jr Research Institute, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:399-404. 2003..The patterns of innate cytokine production have been postulated to shift from TH1- to TH2-type cytokines with the progression of HIV-associated disease...
- Th1 and Th2 serum cytokine profiles characterize patients with Hashimoto's thyroiditis (Th1) and Graves' disease (Th2)Costas Phenekos
Department of Endocrinology, Red Cross Hospital, Athens, Greece
Neuroimmunomodulation 11:209-13. 2004The aim of this study was to document the pattern of immune response, assessed by the measurement of both Th1 and Th2 serum cytokines, in patients suffering from autoimmune thyroid disease and toxic nodular goiter.
- CD4+ Th1-cells predominate in low-grade B-cell lymphoma of gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT type)S Riedel
Dept of Medicine B, Institute for Immunology and Institute for Microbiology, University of Munster, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:1198-203. 2001..Previous studies have proposed a dominant Th1-type response in low-grade MALT lymphoma consistent with the Th1 response observed in H. pylori-associated gastritis...
- The changes in the T helper 1 (Th1) and T helper 2 (Th2) cytokine balance during HIV-1 infection are indicative of an allergic response to viral proteins that may be reversed by Th2 cytokine inhibitors and immune response modifiers--a review and hypothesiYechiel Becker
Department of Molecular Virology, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O B 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Virus Genes 28:5-18. 2004..The advances in the knowledge on T helper 1 (Th1) and T helper 2 (Th2) cells revealed that Th1 cells produce cytokines that stimulate the proliferation of CTLs...
- Th1- and Th2-related chemokine and chemokine receptor expression on the ocular surface in endotoxin-induced uveitisLiem Trinh
Department of Ophthalmology III, Quinze Vingts National Ophthalmology Hospital, Paris, France
Mol Vis 14:2428-34. 2008..in uveitis mimics or counteracts intraocular inflammatory pathways by directly comparing T-helper (Th) lymphocytes Th1 and Th2 markers in conjunctival and ciliary body expression in endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU)...
- Molecular immunological approaches to biotherapy of human cancers--a review, hypothesis and implicationsYechiel Becker
Department of Molecular Virology, Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Anticancer Res 26:1113-34. 2006..DCs are the major antigen-presenting cells to Th(o) CD4+ T cells in lymph nodes that polarize into T helper 1 (Th1) and T helper 2 (Th2) cells, which subsequently produce different cytokines...
- The ambiguous role of immunity in echinococcosis: protection of the host or of the parasite?Dominique Angele Vuitton
Health and Rural Environnement Research Unit EA 2276, University Laboratory of Immunology, Université de Franche Comté and University Hospital, F 25030, Besancon, France
Acta Trop 85:119-32. 2003..responses in the experimental murine model as well as in humans have shown that (1) cellular immunity induced by a Th1-type cytokine secretion was able to successfully kill the metacestode at the initial stages of development; (2) ..
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) evades the human adaptive immune system by skewing the Th1/Th2 cytokine balance toward increased levels of Th2 cytokines and IgE, markers of allergy--a reviewYechiel Becker
Department of Molecular Virology Faculty of Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
Virus Genes 33:235-52. 2006..The way these Th2 cytokines skew the Th1/Th2 balance toward Th2 > Th1 will be discussed...
- Differential expression of the beta2-adrenergic receptor by Th1 and Th2 clones: implications for cytokine production and B cell helpV M Sanders
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Immunol 158:4200-10. 1997..The present study was designed to elucidate the mechanism by which stimulation of the beta2AR affects both Th1/Th2 cell cytokine production and Th1/Th2 cell-dependent Ab production...
- CD30 antigen and multiple sclerosis: CD30, an important costimulatory molecule and marker of a regulatory subpopulation of dendritic cells, is involved in the maintenance of the physiological balance between TH1/TH2 immune responses and tolerance. The rolPatrizia Pellegrini
Istituto CNR Trapianti d Organo e l Immunocitologia, L Aquila, Italia
Neuroimmunomodulation 12:220-34. 2005..We have already shown that CD30 is a marker of cells involved in the regulation of the balance between TH1 and TH2 immune responses and so the aim of this study was to confirm this role in DCs and, consequently, to clarify ..
- TSH receptor-adenovirus-induced Graves' hyperthyroidism is attenuated in both interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 knockout mice; implications for the Th1/Th2 paradigmY Nagayama
Department of Medical Gene Technology, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 138:417-22. 2004The role of the Th1/Th2 balance in the pathogenesis of murine Graves' hyperthyroidism is controversial...
- Th1/Th2 balance and CD45-positive T cell subsets in primary nephrotic syndromeJ Stachowski
Department of Pediatric Nephrology, University School of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Pediatr Nephrol 14:779-85. 2000..The aim of the study was to determine whether the activity of T-helper-1 (Th1) and T-helper-2 (Th2) cells and the distribution of the lymphocyte subsets, namely CD45RA+CD4+ ("naive" ..
- The pattern and level of cytokines secreted by Th1 and Th2 lymphocytes of syphilitic patients correlate to the progression of the diseaseJ Podwinska
Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Rudolfa Weigla 12, 53 114, Wroclaw, Poland
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 28:1-14. 2000..Considering that cytokines, produced by Th1 lymphocytes, take part in this response and that their secretion may be regulated by cytokines of Th2 lymphocytes, ..
- Severe sepsis induces deficient interferon-gamma and interleukin-12 production, but interleukin-12 therapy improves survival in peritonitisS Ono
First Department of Surgery, National Defense Medical College, Namiki 3 2, 359 8513, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Am J Surg 182:491-7. 2001After severe sepsis, there is an increase of Th2 cytokine and a decrease in Th1 cytokine that may account for impaired cellular immunity...
- Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol treatment suppresses immunity and early IFN-gamma, IL-12, and IL-12 receptor beta 2 responses to Legionella pneumophila infectionT W Klein
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Immunol 164:6461-6. 2000..cannabinoid, delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), suppresses immunity to Legionella pneumophila and development of Th1 activity and cell-mediated immunity...
- TCR peptide therapy in human autoimmune diseasesA A Vandenbark
Neuroimmunology Research, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Neurochem Res 26:713-30. 2001Inflammatory Th1 cells reacting to tissue/myelin derived antigens likely contribute to the pathogenesis of diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and psoriasis...
- Evaluation of Th1/Th2 ratio and cytokine production profile during acute exacerbation and convalescence in asthmatic childrenM L Kuo
Health Research Division, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 86:272-6. 2001..In contrast, Th1-type cytokine, especially interferon (IFN)-gamma, is thought to have a downregulatory effect on Th2 immune response ..
- Functional lymphocyte subset assessment of the Th1/Th2 profile in patients with autoimmune thyroiditis by flowcytometric analysis of peripheral lymphocytesI M Colin
Endocrinology Unit, CHR St Joseph Warquignies Medical Center, Mons, Belgium
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 18:72-6. 2004Hashimoto's thyroiditis (HT) results from a parenchymal infiltration by Th1 T cell clones that ultimately may cause tissue destruction...
- Polarized subsets of human T-helper cells induce distinct patterns of chemokine production by normal and systemic sclerosis dermal fibroblastsCarlo Chizzolini
Immunology and Allergy, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva School of Medicine, Rue Micheli du Crest, 24, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R10. 2006..Thus, Th1 and Th2 cells preferentially induced production of IFN-gamma inducible protein (IP)-10 and IL-8, respectively, ..
- Locoregional immunotherapy of malignant ascites from gastric cancer using DTH-oriented doses of the streptococcal preparation OK-432: Treatment of Th1 dysfunction in the ascites microenvironmentYoshiyuki Yamaguchi
Department of Surgical Oncology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Int J Oncol 24:959-66. 2004..Moreover, action mechanisms of OK-432 were further explored in view of the T-helper type 1 (Th1)-Th2 concept...
- Differential regulation of T cell receptor-mediated Th1 cell IFN-gamma production and proliferation by divergent cAMP-mediated redox pathwaysR Cochrane
Department of Pathology, The University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 3105, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 21:797-807. 2001Culture of an H-2(s)-restricted, bovine myelin basic protein (BMBP)-specific murine Th1 clone with the adenyl cyclase agonist forskolin (FSK) or isobutylmethylxanthine (IBMX), an inhibitor of cAMP catabolism, before culture with anti-CD3 ..
- Troglitazone exhibits immunomodulatory activity on the cytokine production of activated human lymphocytesA E Giorgini
Department of Diabetes and Metabolism, St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London, UK
Horm Metab Res 31:1-4. 1999..These results suggest that TGL is capable of modulating cytokine production and could therefore influence Th1/Th2 differentiation.
- An essential role of antigen-presenting cell/T-helper type 1 cell-cell interactions in draining lymph node during complete eradication of class II-negative tumor tissue by T-helper type 1 cell therapyKenji Chamoto
Division of Immunoregulation, Section of Disease Control, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0815, Japan
Cancer Res 66:1809-17. 2006Prior studies have shown that transfer of ovalbumin (OVA)-specific T helper type 1 (Th1) cells into mice bearing MHC class II+ OVA-expressing tumor cells (A20-OVA) causes complete tumor rejection...
- Regulatory role of pro-Th1 and pro-Th2 cytokines in modulating the activity of Th1 and Th2 cells when B cell and macrophages are used as antigen presenting cellsVinod Singh
Institute of Microbial Technology, Sector 39A, Chandigarh 160036, India
BMC Immunol 7:17. 2006Presence of antigen presenting cells, expression of costimulatory molecules, the strength of first signal and cytokine milieu are quite important in influencing the reactivation of differentiated Th1 and Th2 cells.
- PSK may suppress CD57(+) T cells to improve survival of advanced gastric cancer patientsJunji Akagi
National Hospital Organization Kumamoto Minami Hospital, 2338 Toyofuku, Matubase machi, Kumamoto 869 0593, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 15:145-52. 2010..PSK has been supposed to improve survival through immunological mechanisms such as induction of cytokines, regulation of Th1/Th2 balance, and inhibition of immunosuppressive molecules.
- The susceptibility to experimental myasthenia gravis of STAT6-/- and STAT4-/- BALB/c mice suggests a pathogenic role of Th1 cellsWei Wang
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, 321 Church Street, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 172:97-103. 2004..AChR-specific CD4+ T cells permit development of these diseases, but the role(s) of the Th1 and Th2 subsets is unclear...
- Effect of Chinese herbal treatment on Th1- and Th2-type cytokines, progesterone and beta-human chorionic gonadotropin in early pregnant women of threatened abortionFang Liu
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shenzhen Maternity and Child Healthcare Hospital Affiliated to Southern Medical University, Guangdong Province, China
Chin J Integr Med 15:353-8. 2009..Zhuyun-III (ZYIII) on early pregnant women diagnosed as threatened abortion, and its mechanism in immunity and endocrine by determining serum Th1- and Th2-type cytokines, progesterone, and beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (beta-HCG).
- Antigen presentation to Th1 but not Th2 cells by macrophages results in nitric oxide production and inhibition of T cell proliferation: interferon-gamma is essential but insufficientR C van der Veen
Department of Neurology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Cell Immunol 206:125-35. 2000..When cultured with Th1 clones, macrophage APC produced NO only in the presence of cognate Ag, which in turn suppressed T cell ..
- Intracellular Th1/Th2 balance of pulmonary CD4(+) T cells in patients with active interstitial pneumonia evaluated by serum KL-6Yasuo Shimizu
Numata National Hospital, Numata City, Gunma, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 28:295-304. 2006The balance between CD4(+) T helper (Th1) lymphocytes producing interferon-gamma or Interleukin-4 (Th2) in the lungs may vary among diseases and during the progression of interstitial pneumonia (IP)...
- [Dynamic changes of Th1/Th2 type cytokines in peripheral blood of patients with hepatitis B e antigen-positive chronic hepatitis B treated with telbivudine]Lin Zhang
Department of Infectious Diseases, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400010, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 17:175-9. 2009To investigate the dynamic changes of Th1/Th2 type cytokines in peripheral blood of patients with hepatitis B e antigen-positive chronic hepatitis B treated with telbivudine (LDT).
- Dietary ribonucleotides modulate type 1 and type 2 T-helper cell responses against ovalbumin in young BALB/cJ miceH Jyonouchi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Nutr 131:1165-70. 2001Dietary ribonucleotides have been shown to augment type 1 T-helper cell (Th1) responses to a protein antigen (Ag) in Th1-prone C57BL/6 mice, but their effects on type 2 Th (Th2)-prone mice are unknown...
- Interleukin-17 contributes to generation of Th1 immunity and neutrophil recruitment during Chlamydia muridarum genital tract infection but is not required for macrophage influx or normal resolution of infectionAmy M Scurlock
Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Arkansas Children s Hospital Research Institute, 13 Children s Way, Slot 512 13, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
Infect Immun 79:1349-62. 2011Interleukin 17 (IL-17) contributes to development of Th1 immunity and neutrophil influx during Chlamydia muridarum pulmonary infection, but its role during C. muridarum genital tract infection has not been described...
- Distribution of Th17 cells and Th1 cells in peripheral blood and cerebrospinal fluid in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathyLi jun Chi
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
J Peripher Nerv Syst 15:345-56. 2010..Th17 and Th1 cells contribute to the pathogenesis of most autoimmune diseases, but little is known about their distribution and ..
- Involvement of lymphocytes with a Th1 cytokine profile in bone cell damage associated with MMP-9 production in collagen-induced arthritisJ Chen
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, China
Inflamm Res 53:670-9. 2004..To investigate whether lymphocytes could directly cause the destruction of bone cells in collageninduced arthritis (CIA) mice and the mechanism of this destruction...
- Does impaired TH1/TH2 balance cause postoperative infectious complications in colorectal cancer surgery?Akihisa Matsuda
Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation Department of Surgery 1, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Surg Res 139:15-21. 2007Recent studies have shown that the Th1/Th2 balance shifts toward Th2 dominance in cancer-bearing state or under surgical stress...
- [Impact of cyclosporine A on the expression of T-bet, GATA-3, relevant signal transduction molecules, cytokine and Th1/Th2 balance in patients with chronic aplastic anemia]Jun Li
Department of Hematology, Jiangsu Provincial Hospital of Chinese Traditional Medicine, Nanjing University of Chinese Traditional Medicine, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 18:1211-9. 2010..with CsA; the flow cytometry (FCM) and enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) were used to determine the Th1/Th2 proportion in peripheral blood, and levels of IFN-γ, IL-12 and IL-4 in PBMNC-cultured supernatant...
- [Expression of HLA-G protein in placental tissues and its influence on Th1/Th2 cytokines in peripheral blood in patients with intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy]Jing Yi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35:241-6. 2010To investigate the changes of human leukocyte antigen-G (HLA-G) protein expression and Th1/Th2 type cytokines in intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP) and their relativity to the etiology of ICP.
- Expression of chemokine receptors on Th1/Th2 CD4+ lymphocytes in patients with multiple sclerosisAlireza Andalib
Department of Immunology, Isfahan Medical School, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Iran J Immunol 8:1-10. 2011b>Th1 cells preferentially express CXCR3, CCR5 and CCR6, while CCR3 and CCR4 are predominantly expressed by Th2 cell subsets...
- The T-helper cell type 1 immune response to gram-negative bacterial infections is impaired in COPDJürgen Knobloch
Department of Pneumology, Clinic III for Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, D 50937 Cologne, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:204-14. 2011..Toll-like receptor-4 (TLR4) detects bacteria via LPS and induces IFN-γ-based immune responses. The direct responsiveness of Th1 lymphocytes to LPS is disputed because they lack surface expression of the TLR4 coreceptor CD14.
- Favorable prognosis of renal cell carcinoma with increased expression of chemokines associated with a Th1-type immune responseTsunenori Kondo
Department of Urology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:780-6. 2006..Recent investigations have shown the differential expression of chemokine receptors on lymphocytes mediating Th1- and Th2-type immune responses...
- Involvement of CCR5 in the passage of Th1-type cells across the blood-retina barrier in experimental autoimmune uveitisIsabel J Crane
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Aberdeen Medical School, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, UK
J Leukoc Biol 79:435-43. 2006Although the recruitment of T helper cell type 1 (Th1)/Th2 cells into peripheral tissues is essential for inflammation and the host response to infection, the traffic signals that enable the distinct positioning of Th1/Th2 cells are ..
- Selective diapedesis of Th1 cells induced by endothelial cell RANTEST Kawai
Department of Immunology, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 163:3269-78. 1999Differentiated CD4 T cells can be divided into Th1 and Th2 types based on the cytokines they produce...
- A regulatory role for interleukin 4 in differential inflammatory responses in the lung following infection of mice primed with Th1- or Th2-inducing pertussis vaccinesP McGuirk
Infection and Immunity Group, Department of Biology, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland
Infect Immun 68:1383-90. 2000..Since Th1 and Th2 cells produce cytokines with pro- and anti-inflammatory activities, immunization with vaccines that induce ..
- [Levels of IL-12 produced by dendritic cells and changes of TH1/TH2 balance in children with Henoch-Schonlein purpura]Da Qing Sun
Department of Pediatrics, Affiliated Hospital, Qingdao University Medical College, Qingdao 266003, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 8:307-10. 2006..the changes of IL-12 produced by dendritic cells in peripheral blood in children with Henoch-Schonlein purpura (HSP), and to explore its influence on TH1/TH2 balance in order to elucidate its significance in the pathogenesis of HSP.
- Th1 and Th2 cytokine response in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis and health care workers occupationally exposed to M. tuberculosisCarmen Cozmei
Institute of Public Health Iasi, Department of Occupational Medicine, Gr T Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iasi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 111:702-9. 2007..reliable markers indicating protection from or susceptibility to tuberculosis infection, we investigated both Th1/Th2 cytokines and total IgE plasma levels in health care workers occupationally exposed to M...
- Graft-vs-leukemia activity and graft-vs-host disease induced by allogeneic Th1- and Th2-type CD4+ T cells in miceM Zeis
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Hematol J 2:136-44. 2001..Therefore, separation of GVL- and GVH-reactions is a long-standing goal of experimental studies dealing with allogeneic transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells...
- Telethermography and breast cancer risk predictionS Ciatto
, Firenze, Italy
Tumori 75:110-2. 1989The authors report on 4,624 noncancer women classified by telethermography (TH1-2 vs TH3) and followed for an average of 6.6 years (range, 2-12)...
- The diabetic BB rat. Neither Th1 nor Th2?D Bellgrau
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Horm Metab Res 28:299-301. 1996..Based on the Th1/Th2 paradigm encompassing "regulated" and "regulatory" T cells, our analyses show that there ..
- [Brachial plexus roots in man]Z Urbanowicz
, Akademia Medyczna w Lublinie
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 49:47-55. 1994..In type I, covering 26.1% of the cases, the plexus was formed by the roots C4-Th1. Type II included 73.2% of plexus examined and it was composed by the roots C5-Th1. In type III, represented by 0...
- TH1/TH2,3 imbalance due to cytokine-producing NK, gammadelta T and NK-gammadelta T cells in murine pregnancy decidua in success or failure of pregnancyD A Clark
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, Obstetrics Gynecology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Am J Reprod Immunol 45:257-65. 2001Recurrent spontaneous abortion in DBA/2-mated CBA/J mice has been attributed to the production of Th1 cytokines (tumor necrosis factor [TNF]-alpha and interferon [IFN]-gamma) by asialoGM1+ natural killer (NK) cells and Vgamma1.1delta6...
- Human negative elongation factor activates transcription and regulates alternative transcription initiationJianlong Sun
Department of Molecular Medicine Institute of Biotechnology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78245, USA
J Biol Chem 285:6443-52. 2010..Taken together, our data suggest a diverse transcriptional consequence of NELF-mediated RNAPII pausing in the human genome...
- [Comparison of Th1 and Th2 response in the blood of tuberculous patients and healthy contacts]Jolanta Winek
Instytut Gruźlicy i Chorób Płuc w Warszawie
Pneumonol Alergol Pol 77:446-52. 2009b>Th1 response is known to play a dominant role in the resistance to tuberculosis. Nevertheless, IFN gamma levels are frequently increased in tuberculous patients, especially at the site of the disease...
- Exogenous soluble VEGF receptor-1 (sFlt-1) regulates Th1/Th2 cytokine production from normal placental explants via intracellular calciumBei Xu
Vascular Immunology Research Laboratory, The Heart Research Institute, University of Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
Hypertens Pregnancy 28:448-56. 2009..is also associated with excessive maternal response to pro-inflammatory stimuli manifesting as an imbalance of Th1/Th2 cytokine production at the maternal-fetal interface...
- Involvement of T-lymphocytes in periodontal disease and in direct and indirect induction of bone resorptionM A Taubman
Department of Immunology, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA 02115 3799, USA
Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 12:125-35. 2001..CD4+ and CD8+ T-cells are present in periodontal lesions, as are memory/activated T-lymphocytes. In addition, Th1- and Th2-type T-lymphocytes and their associated cytokines with a subtle polarization to Th1 may be present...
- Th1 polarization and low-T3 syndrome are correlated with hyperleptinemia in hemodialysis patientsMao Lin Liu
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Hangzhou Normal University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, PR China
J Nephrol 22:515-22. 2009Patients undergoing chronic hemodialysis (HD) have an impaired immune response with a dysregulated Th1/Th2 cytokine network and altered the levels of thyroid hormone (TH) in euthyroid sick syndrome...
- [Effects of leptin on airway inflammation and the expression of Th1/Th2 cytokines in asthmatic rats]Juan Cao
Department of Pediatrics, Wuxi People s Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Wuxi 214023, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:171-6. 2009To investigate the effects of leptin on airway inflammation and the expression of Th1/Th2 cytokines.
- IFN-gamma attenuates antigen-induced overall immune response in the airway as a Th1-type immune regulatory cytokineKazuyuki Nakagome
Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 183:209-20. 2009..However, recent studies demonstrated that Th1- and Th17-type immune responses also play important roles in this process...
- A Th1/Th2-associated chemokine imbalance during infancy in children developing eczema, wheeze and sensitizationT R Abrahamsson
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Pediatrics, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Exp Allergy 41:1729-39. 2011..Analyses of circulating chemokines offer novel tools to investigate the T helper (Th)1/Th2 imbalance in allergic disease in vivo...
- Endotoxin augmented antigen-induced Th1 cell trafficking amplifies airway neutrophilic inflammationZamaneh Mikhak
Division of Rheumatology, Center for Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Immunol 182:7946-56. 2009CD4(+) Th1 cells play a critical role in orchestrating host defense against pathogens and in the pathogenesis of many immune-mediated diseases...
- Apigenin, a non-mutagenic dietary flavonoid, suppresses lupus by inhibiting autoantigen presentation for expansion of autoreactive Th1 and Th17 cellsHee Kap Kang
Department of Medicine and Microbiology Immunology, Division of Rheumatology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R59. 2009..Because sustained immune activation and hyperexpression of COX-2 and c-FLIP contribute to lupus, we treated SNF1 mice that spontaneously develop human lupus-like disease with apigenin...
- 15-lipoxygenase metabolites play an important role in the development of a T-helper type 1 allergic inflammation induced by double-stranded RNAS G Jeon
Department of Life Science, Postech Biotech Center, Pohang University of Science and Technology POSTECH, Pohang, Korea
Clin Exp Allergy 39:908-17. 2009We recently demonstrated that the T-helper type 1 (Th1) immune response plays an important role in the development of non-eosinophilic inflammation induced by airway exposure of an allergen plus double-stranded RNA (dsRNA)...
- Human Th1 cells preferentially induce interleukin (IL)-1beta while Th2 cells induce IL-1 receptor antagonist production upon cell/cell contact with monocytesC Chizzolini
Department of Internal Medicine, Hopital Cantonal Universitaire, Geneva, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 27:171-7. 1997..and IL-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra) by the monocytic THP-1 cell line was measured upon contact with either Th1 or Th2 cell clones...
- Elevated preconception CD56+ 16+ and/or Th1:Th2 levels predict benefit from IVIG therapy in subfertile women undergoing IVFEdward E Winger
Laboratory for Reproductive Medicine and Immunology, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 66:394-403. 2011..We sought to answer two questions: First, is there a group of patients who benefit from intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) in IVF? Second can this group of patients be identified by preconception blood testing?..
- Inflammatory response and dynamics of lung T cell subsets in Th1, Th2 biased and Th2 deficient mice during the development of hypersensitivity pneumonitisLuis Jimenez-Alvarez
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias Ismael Cosio Villegas, Mexico DF, Mexico
Exp Mol Pathol 88:407-15. 2010It is considered that hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP) occurs with a Th1 cell dominance; however, the role of Th1/Th2 balance is still unclear...
- Combining network modeling and gene expression microarray analysis to explore the dynamics of Th1 and Th2 cell regulationMarco Pedicini
Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo Mauro Picone, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Rome, Italy
PLoS Comput Biol 6:e1001032. 2010Two T helper (Th) cell subsets, namely Th1 and Th2 cells, play an important role in inflammatory diseases. The two subsets are thought to counter-regulate each other, and alterations in their balance result in different diseases...
- Polarization of T-helper lymphocytes toward the Th2 phenotype in uremic patientsC Libetta
Unit of Nephrology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo and University, Pavia, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 38:286-95. 2001T-helper (Th) lymphocytes consist of Th1 and Th2 subsets...
Research Grants102 found, 100 shown here
- THE ROLE OF IL-17 PRODUCING T LYMPHOCYTES IN ALLERGIC CONTACT DERMATITIS Hui Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The inflammatory reaction to urushiol, the reactive agent of poison ivy, is one such example. CD4+ Th1, CD8+ Tc1 cells and CD8+ CTL have been demonstrated to be effector cells for the disease...
- The role of CBir1 flagellin-specific Th17 and Th1 effector cells in colitisYingzi Cong; Fiscal Year: 2010IL-17-producing CD4+ T (Th17) cells have recently been defined as a separate effector T cell lineage distinct from Th1 and Th2 cells...
- The role of CBir1 flagellin-specific Th17 and Th1 effector cells in colitisYingzi Cong; Fiscal Year: 2009IL-17-producing CD4+ T (Th17) cells have recently been defined as a separate effector T cell lineage distinct from Th1 and Th2 cells...
- T cell function in asthma depends on a novel signaling pathwayJulia K L Walker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary data also suggest that Th1 cell chemotaxis may be positively regulated by arrestin-2...
- Immune Tolerance in the Newborn MouseHabib Zaghouani; Fiscal Year: 2006..We now know that the neonatal immune response usually lacks Th1 cells but displays an indubitable bias towards Th2...
- AUTOIMMUNITY TO ACETYLCHOLINE RECEPTORSBianca Conti Fine; Fiscal Year: 2002..Preliminary studies suggest that anti-AChR Th1 cells are pathogenic, Th2 cells are protective...
- Flexibility and Commitment in Post-Effector Cd4 LymphocytesMark Boothby; Fiscal Year: 2009..Production of IFN-? by Th1 cells is central to immunity against many intracellular pathogens, but induction of this gene is blocked in ..
- Flexibility and Commitment in Post-Effector Cd4 LymphocytesMark R Boothby; Fiscal Year: 2010..Production of IFN-? by Th1 cells is central to immunity against many intracellular pathogens, but induction of this gene is blocked in ..
- COSTIMULATORY REGULATION OF TH1/TH2 CYTOKINES IN EAESamia Khoury; Fiscal Year: 2003..an inflammatory disease of the central nervous system initiated by myelin antigen- specific encephalitogenic CD4+ Th1 cells. It has been suggested that recovery or protection from disease is mediated by Th2 cells...
- Control of chromatin landscapes in effector T cell lineage specificationsCasey T Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Th1, Th2, and Th17 cells, though derived from common naIve CD4+ T cell precursors, differentiate under the control of ..
- Control of chromatin landscapes in effector T cell lineage specificationsCasey Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Th1, Th2, and Th17 cells, though derived from common naIve CD4+ T cell precursors, differentiate under the control of ..
- Dendritic cell function in schistosomiasisEdward Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2005..The outcome is usually an immune response dominated by Th1 or Th2 cells, where Th1 cells make IFN-g and IL-2, whereas Th2 cells make IL-4, -5, -6, -10 and -13...
- Tec family tyrosine kinases in T cell signalingLeslie Berg; Fiscal Year: 2009..Effector CD4+ T cells are critical producers of IFN-gamma during infections by intracellular bacteria and protozoa (Th1 cells) and of IL-4 and IL-5 in response to parasites (Th2 cells)...
- Role of Th1 specific cell surface molecule Tim-3 in EAE.Vijay Kuchroo; Fiscal Year: 2006Activation of naive CD4 T helper cells results in the development of at least two distinct effector populations, Th1 and Th2...
- Adhesion Molecules in Allergic Lung InflammationDavid Corry; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, this proposal will define the role of adhesion molecules in regulating the homing of T helper type 1 (Th1) and Th2 cells in an allergic asthma model...
- Adhesion Molecules in Allergic Lung InflammationDavid Corry; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, this proposal will define the role of adhesion molecules in regulating the homing of T helper type 1 (Th1) and Th2 cells in an allergic asthma model...
- Galectin-3 in regulation of allergic skin inflammationFu Tong Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..studying T cells from galectin-3-deficient mice, we have demonstrated that galectin-3 is an inhibitory regulator in Th1 cells and suppresses the T cell receptor (TCR)-mediated Th1 response by promoting TCR downregulation...
- TH1 CYTOKINES AND IMPAIRED CD8* CTLS IN ELDERLYInnocent Mbawuike; Fiscal Year: 2001..Cell-medicated immunity is controlled by two major categories of cytokines. The Th1 cytokines, such as interferon gamma (IFN-g), interleukin 2 (IL-2) and interleukin 12 (IL-12), favor the induction ..
- Novel Cytokine Regulation of Gut Function and InflammationAiping Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is known that pathogen-induced up-regulation of Th1 vs Th2 cytokines induces stereotypic and sometimes opposing changes in gut smooth muscle and epithelial cell ..
- Novel Cytokine Regulation of Gut Function and InflammationAiping Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is known that pathogen-induced up-regulation of Th1 vs Th2 cytokines induces stereotypic and sometimes opposing changes in gut smooth muscle and epithelial cell ..
- CC Chemokine Secretion to Protect Antigen-Specific CD4 T Cells from HIVCatarina E Hioe; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. CC chemokines MIP-1a, MIP-1, and RANTES by the cells. While CC chemokine expression has been associated with Th1 responses, not all Th1 cells secrete these chemokines in response to their specific antigens...
- CYTOKINE REGULATION IN EXPERIMENTAL ARTHRITISAlison Finnegan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Similar to RA, PGIA is critically dependent on auto reactive T cell activation. In PGIA, activation of Th1 cells and the production of IFN3 are critical for development of severe arthritis...
- Substance P & the Regulation of Intestinal InflammationJoel Weinstock; Fiscal Year: 2009..We showed that SP is a Th1-type cytokine that functions through a T cell neurokinin 1 receptor (NK- 1R) to drive Th1 responses...
- GI Nematodes and Gut Functional Responses to InflammationTerez Shea Donohue; Fiscal Year: 2009..of host defense to combat a multitude of pathogens is characterized, in part, by polarization towards either the Th1 or Th2 cytokine profile...
- GI Nematodes and Gut Functional Responses to InflammationTerez Shea Donohue; Fiscal Year: 2010..of host defense to combat a multitude of pathogens is characterized, in part, by polarization towards either the Th1 or Th2 cytokine profile...
- Therapeutic immunoregulation mediated by TGF-??-induced iTregs in autoimmune arthSong Guo Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..While thymus- derived, naturally-occurring CD4???? (nTregs) suppress Th1- or Th2-cell-mediated autoimmune diseases, these cells are less successful in controlling (IL-17-producing) Th17 ..
- Genetic, Viral and Immunlogic Studies in New Zealand MiceSyamal K Datta; Fiscal Year: 2010..cells (pDC) that cause expansion of autoantigen-specific Treg cells and contraction of autoimmune and inflammatory Th1 and Th17 cells...
- Genetic, Viral and Immunlogic Studies in New Zealand MiceSYAMAL DATTA; Fiscal Year: 2009..cells (pDC) that cause expansion of autoantigen-specific Treg cells and contraction of autoimmune and inflammatory Th1 and Th17 cells...
- HELPER T CELL SUBSETS IN LEISHMANIASISRichard Locksley; Fiscal Year: 1993..characteristics of these disparate CD4+ T cell populations suggest that these cells represent in vivo correlates of Th1 and Th2 subsets described in studies of murine T cell clones...
- TSLP and Contact HypersensitivitySteven F Ziegler; Fiscal Year: 2010..with marked increases in IL-4, IL-5, and IL-13 levels, while allergic contact hypersensitivity can provoke either Th1 or Th2 responses, depending on the stimulus...
- Use of Adjuvants to Improve Skin Genetic ImmunizationsAdriana Larregina; Fiscal Year: 2007..by means of DNA vaccines are promising therapeutic tools based on the induction of tumor-specific CD4+ T helper 1 (Th1) lymphocytes and CD8+ cytotoxic T cells (CTLs)...