Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TGM3
Description: transglutaminase 3
Alias: TGE, UHS2, protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase E, E polypeptide, protein-glutamine-gamma-glutamyltransferase, TG(E), TGase E, TGase-3, transglutaminase E
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- The deduced sequence of the novel protransglutaminase E (TGase3) of human and mouseI G Kim
Skin Biology Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 268:12682-90. 1993....
- Isolation of a cDNA encoding a novel member of the transglutaminase gene family from human keratinocytes. Detection and identification of transglutaminase gene products based on reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction with degenerate primersD Aeschlimann
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Biol Chem 273:3452-60. 1998..TGX expression increased severalfold when keratinocyte cultures were induced to differentiate by suspension or growth to postconfluency, suggesting that TGX contributes to the formation of the cornified envelope...
- Epidermal transglutaminase (TGase 3) is the autoantigen of dermatitis herpetiformisMiklós Sárdy
Department of Dermato Venereology, Semmelweis University, H 1085 Budapest, Maria u 41, Hungary
J Exp Med 195:747-57. 2002....
- Analysis of epidermal-type transglutaminase (transglutaminase 3) in human stratified epithelia and cultured keratinocytes using monoclonal antibodiesKiyotaka Hitomi
Department of Applied Molecular Bioscience, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, 464 8601, Nagoya, Japan
J Dermatol Sci 32:95-103. 2003Epidermal-type transglutaminase (TGase 3) is involved in the cross-linking of structural proteins in the epidermis, which results in the formation of the cornified envelope...
- Identification of 9 genes differentially expressed in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaHernan E Gonzalez
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:754-9. 2003..Current treatment modalities in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck have failed to improve survival. Advances in the discovery of novel biomarkers and targets for therapy are necessary...
- Discovery of Ca2+-relevant and differentiation-associated genes downregulated in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma using cDNA microarrayAiping Luo
National Lab of Molecular Oncology, Cancer Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, P R China
Oncogene 23:1291-9. 2004..annexin I, small proline-rich proteins (SPRRs), calcium-binding S100 proteins (S100A8, S100A9), transglutaminase (TGM3), cytokeratins (KRT4, KRT13), gut-enriched Krupple-like factor (GKLF) and cystatin A...
- Functional studies of a novel oncogene TGM3 in human esophageal squamous cell carcinomaWei Liu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:3929-32. 2006To investigate the role of transglutaminase 3 (TGM3) gene in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC), and analyze its relationship with clinicopathological parameters.
- Transglutaminase-3 enzyme: a putative actor in human hair shaft scaffolding?Sebastien Thibaut
L Oreal Recherche, Clichy, France
J Invest Dermatol 129:449-59. 2009..Our particular interest in hair fiber keratinization led us to focus on the TGase 3, exclusively expressed in the hair shaft...
- Transglutaminase 3 as a prognostic biomarker in esophageal cancer revealed by proteomicsNorihisa Uemura
Proteome Bioinformatics Project, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 124:2106-15. 2009..Transglutaminase 3 (TGM3) was inversely correlated with shorter patient survival...
- Quantitative proteomics using formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues of oral squamous cell carcinomaAyako Negishi
Chemotherapy Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:1605-11. 2009..001, paired t-test). The expression of transglutaminase 3 (TGM3) was significantly down-regulated in cancer and correlated with loss of histological differentiation...
- Identification of a preferred substrate peptide for transglutaminase 3 and detection of in situ activity in skin and hair folliclesAsaka Yamane
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan
FEBS J 277:3564-74. 2010..Two main transglutaminases isoforms, epidermal-type (TGase 3) and keratinocyte-type (TGase 1), are cooperatively involved in this process of differentiating keratinocytes...
- [Expression of TGM3 protein and its significance in laryngeal carcinoma]Jun Liu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Central Hospital of Enshi, Enshi, 445000, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 26:101-3. 2012To investigate the expression of TGM3 in laryngeal carcinoma and analyze the relation of TGM3 and clinical factors.
- Genetic variation in the epidermal transglutaminase genes is not associated with atopic dermatitisAgne Lieden
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e49694. 2012..The identification of AD susceptibility genes related to barrier dysfunction is therefore of importance. The epidermal transglutaminases (TGM1, TGM3 and TGM5) encodes essential cross-linking enzymes in the epidermis.
- Expression of transglutaminase 5 in normal and pathologic human epidermisEleonora Candi
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 119:670-7. 2002..In Darier's disease, transglutaminase 5 expression, as well as transglutaminase 3, is completely missregulated, being overexpressed or totally absent in different areas of the same lesion...
- Stress-induced modulation of skin immune function: two types of antigen-presenting cells in the epidermis are differentially regulated by chronic stressY Nakano
Division of Industrial Health, Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Higashinari, Osaka 537 0025, Japan
Br J Dermatol 151:50-64. 2004..Thus, DLN cells and ECs following hapten application are available for estimating the APC function of LCs and KCs in stress studies...
- Identification in gelada baboons (Theropithecus gelada) of a distinct simian T-cell lymphotropic virus type 3 with a broad range of Western blot reactivitySonia Van Dooren
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Gen Virol 85:507-19. 2004..Analysis of the complete STLV-3 genome (8917 bp) from one gelada, TGE-2117, revealed that it is unique, sharing only 62 % similarity with HTLV-1/ATK and HTLV-2/Mo...
- Gene expression signature of benign prostatic hyperplasia revealed by cDNA microarray analysisJun Luo
Department of Urology, Brady Urological Institute, 115 Marburg, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Prostate 51:189-200. 2002....
- Dynamics of celiac disease-specific serology after initiation of a gluten-free diet and use in the assessment of compliance with treatmentEmilia Sugai
Small Bowel Section, Department of Medicine, Dr C Bonorino Udaondo Gastroenterology Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Dig Liver Dis 42:352-8. 2010..The usefulness of celiac disease-related serology in monitoring patients on a gluten-free diet has been debated...
- The chronology of anthropogenic, atmospheric Pb deposition recorded by peat cores in three minerogenic peat deposits from SwitzerlandW Shotyk
Geological Institute, University of Berne, Switzerland
Sci Total Environ 292:19-31. 2002Peat cores were collected from three minerogenic peatlands in Switzerland: La Tourbière des Genevez (TGE), in Canton Jura; Gola di Lago (GDL), in Canton Ticino; and Mauntschas (MAU), in Canton Grisons...
- Virological and serological studies of porcine respiratory coronavirus infection on a Japanese farmYoshihide Usami
Kenou Animal Hygiene Service Center of Tochigi prefecture, Tochigi, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 70:929-36. 2008..TGEV) antibodies in pig farms in Tochigi prefecture, although the farms had no past record of TGEV vaccination or TGE. Among the farms, Farm A showed a high antibody incidence...
- Removal of phytotoxic compounds from torrefied grass fibres by plant-beneficial microorganismsRadoslava Trifonova
Plant Research International, Wageningen, The Netherlands
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 66:158-66. 2008..GC analyses of torrefied grass extracts (TGE) determined which compounds were removed by the microorganisms...
- Infection with a new porcine respiratory coronavirus in Denmark: serologic differentiation from transmissible gastroenteritis virus using monoclonal antibodiesP Have
State Veterinary Institute for Virus Research, Lindholm, Kalvehave, Denmark
Adv Exp Med Biol 276:435-9. 1990..In 1986 a TGE-like virus, tentatively named porcine respiratory coronavirus (PRCV), was isolated from the lungs of swine...
- Transglutaminase 2 and NF-kappaB interplay during NGF-induced differentiation of neuroblastoma cellsSalvatore Condello
Department of Biochemical, Physiological and Nutritional Sciences, University of Messina, Policlinico Universitario, Via Consolare Valeria, 98125 Messina, Italy
Brain Res 1207:1-8. 2008..These data suggest that the combined use of NGF and retinoic acid, or mimicking drugs, may provide the basics for the development of novel strategies in the therapeutic management of neuroblastomas...
- Binding characterization of determinants in porcine aminopeptidase N, the cellular receptor for transmissible gastroenteritis virusXiaofeng Ren
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northeast Agricultural University, 59 Mucai Street, 150030 Harbin, China
J Biotechnol 150:202-6. 2010..The proteins showed discrepant binding activity to either pAPN antibody or TGE virions. Moreover, the truncated proteins blocked the infection of cells by TGEV to different extent...
- A comparison of left ventricular mass between two-dimensional echocardiography, using fundamental and tissue harmonic imaging, and cardiac MRI in patients with hypertensionKhaled Alfakih
BHF Cardiac MR Unit, Room 170, D Floor, Jubilee Wing, Leeds General Infirmary, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Eur J Radiol 52:103-9. 2004..Turbo gradient echo (TGE) pulse sequence was utilized for MRI.
- Delayed epidermal permeability barrier formation and hair follicle aberrations in Inv-Cldn6 miceTammy Claire Troy
Development Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, 725 Parkdale Ave, Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1Y 4E9
Mech Dev 122:805-19. 2005..These data indicate that Cldn6 plays a role in the differentiation processes of the epidermis and hair follicle and supports the notion of a link between Cldn regulation and EPB assembly/maintenance as well as the hair cycle...
- In vitro characterization of IroB, a pathogen-associated C-glycosyltransferaseMichael A Fischbach
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:571-6. 2005..2,3-dihydroxybenzoyl units of Ent to yield monoglucosyl-C-Ent (MGE), diglucosyl-C-Ent (DGE), and triglucosyl-C-Ent (TGE)...
- Cystatin M/E is a high affinity inhibitor of cathepsin V and cathepsin L by a reactive site that is distinct from the legumain-binding site. A novel clue for the role of cystatin M/E in epidermal cornificationTsing Cheng
Department of Dermatology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 281:15893-9. 2006....
- Transglutaminase autoantibodies in dermatitis herpetiformis and celiac sprueEric V Marietta
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:332-5. 2008..Epidermal transglutaminase (TGe) and closely related tissue transglutaminase (tTG) are considered to be autoantigens in DH, because a majority of ..
- Site-specific modification and PEGylation of pharmaceutical proteins mediated by transglutaminaseAngelo Fontana
CRIBI Biotechnology Centre, Viale G Colombo 3, University of Padua, 35121 Padua, Italy
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 60:13-28. 2008....
- Effects of treated and untreated bran in dough dynamic rheologySh Amirkaveei
Department of Food Science, School of Agriculture, College of Agriculture, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran
Int J Food Sci Nutr 60:190-8. 2009..b>Tge loss tangent for untreated bran flour in the non-linear limit was higher than that of the parent flour, while for ..
- Evidence that unrestricted legumain activity is involved in disturbed epidermal cornification in cystatin M/E deficient micePatrick L J M Zeeuwen
Department of Dermatology, Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Sciences, University Medical Center Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 13:1069-79. 2004..This suggested a premature or enhanced crosslinking of loricrin monomers in ichq mice by transglutaminase 3 (TGase 3)...
- [Quantitative determination of ethyl-p-hydroxybenzoate in resins extracted from Dracaena cochinchinensis with two technologies]Yue ying Song
Medical College of Chinese People s Armed Police Forces, Tianjin, 300162, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 29:323-5. 2004..Quantitative determination was made of ethyl-p-hydroxybenzoate in Dracaena cochinchinensis extracted with two technologies...
- Some growth parameters and antimicrobial activity of a bacteriocin-producing strain Pediococcus acidilactici 13Evrim Gunes Altuntas
Ankara University, Engineering Faculty, Food Engineering Department, Diskapi Campus, 06110 Diskapi Ankara, Turkey
Int J Food Microbiol 141:28-31. 2010..Listeria monocytogenes, when the incubation temperature was 37 degrees C and the initial pH of the medium, TGE (Trypton Glucose Yeast Extract), was 6.0...
- Isolation and serial propagation of porcine epidemic diarrhea virus in cell cultures and partial characterization of the isolateK Kusanagi
Nippon Institute for Biological Science, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 54:313-8. 1992..The isolate differed serologically from porcine transmissible gastroenteritis (TGE) and porcine hemagglutinating encephalomyelitis viruses, and no antigenic relationship between the isolate and TGE ..
- The effect of treadmill incline on maximal oxygen uptake, gas exchange and the metabolic response to exercise in the horsePaul McDonough
Department of Anatomy, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506, USA
Exp Physiol 87:499-506. 2002..g. lactate threshold, LT) and gas exchange (e.g. gas exchange threshold, Tge) responses to incremental exercise...
- Comparison of 99mTc tetrofosmin gated SPECT measurements of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction with MRI over a wide range of valuesP J Thorley
Department of Medical Physics, The General Infirmary at Leeds, Leeds, UK
Nucl Med Commun 24:763-9. 2003..MRI data were obtained using a turbo gradient echo pulse sequence (TGE) in 17 patients and a steady state free precession pulse sequence (SSFP) in 33 patients...
- Shape-specific nucleotide binding of single-stranded RNA by the GLD-1 STAR domainKatrina A Lehmann-Blount
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, MB 33, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 346:91-104. 2005..In Caenorhabditis elegans, the STAR protein GLD-1 directly binds the 28 nucleotide recognition element TGE within the 3' untranslated region of tra-2 mRNA...
- Examination of oral cancer biomarkers by tissue microarray analysisPeter Choi
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University ofWashington, Seattle, WA, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:539-46. 2008....
- Enhancement of transient gene expression and culture viability using Chinese hamster ovary cells overexpressing Bcl-x(L)Brian S Majors
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University, 3400 North Charles Street, 221 Maryland Hall, Baltimore, Maryland 21218 2694, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 101:567-78. 2008Transient gene expression (TGE) provides a method for quickly delivering protein for research using mammalian cells...
- Somatic sex determination in Caenorhabditis elegans is modulated by SUP-26 repression of tra-2 translationJames Mapes
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:18022-7. 2010..gene tra-2 (tra, transformer) is controlled by a 28-nucleotide repeat element, the TRA-2/GLI element (TGE), located in its 3' untranslated region (UTR)...
- Micro-indirect hemagglutination test for detection of antibody against transmissible gastroenteritis virus of pigsM Shimizu
J Clin Microbiol 6:91-5. 1977..hemagglutination (IHA) test was developed for detecting antibody against transmissible gastroenteritis (TGE) virus of pigs...
- Comparison of the antibody response to transmissible gastroenteritis virus and porcine respiratory coronavirus, using monoclonal antibodies to antigenic sites A and X of the S glycoproteinA P van Nieuwstadt
Central Veterinary Institute, AJ Lelystad, The Netherlands
Am J Vet Res 53:184-90. 1992..110 in TGEV strains. Conditions for a differential test for TGE serodiagnosis, and for serologic discrimination between TGEV- and PRCV-infected pigs, are discussed...
- Natural infection with the porcine respiratory coronavirus induces protective lactogenic immunity against transmissible gastroenteritisS Bernard
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Laboratoire de Pathologie Porcine, Nouzilly, France
Vet Microbiol 21:1-8. 1989Our objective was to evaluate the level of passive protection against transmissible gastroenteritis (TGE) among 57 newborn piglets nursing from seven seropositive sows previously naturally infected with porcine respiratory coronavirus (..
- Comparison of right ventricular volume measurement between segmented k-space gradient-echo and steady-state free precession magnetic resonance imagingKhaled Alfakih
BHF Cardiac MRI Unit, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 16:253-8. 2002To compare right ventricular volume measurements and their reproducibility between steady-state free precession (SSFP) and conventional turbo gradient-echo (TGE) imaging.
- Roles of plasma proteins in the formation of silicotic nodules in ratsYou M Kim
Department of Natural Sciences, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Seocho Ku, Seoul 137 701, Republic of Korea
Toxicol Lett 158:1-9. 2005....
- STAR proteins quaking-6 and GLD-1 regulate translation of the homologues GLI1 and tra-1 through a conserved RNA 3'UTR-based mechanismOlga Lakiza
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and Children s Memorial Research Center, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Dev Biol 287:98-110. 2005The binding of the STAR protein GLD-1 to an element in the tra-2 3' untranslated region (3'UTR), called the TGE (tra GLI element), represses tra-2 translation, allowing for hermaphrodite spermatogenesis in Caenorhabditis elegans...
- Surgical treatment of infected prosthetic dialysis arteriovenous grafts: total versus partial graft excisionWarren P Schutte
Department of Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita, 929 N Saint Francis St, Room 3082, Wichita, KS 67214, USA
Am J Surg 193:385-8; discussion 388. 2007..We hypothesized that partial graft excision (PGE) for infection increases the incidence of vascular anastomotic complications when compared with total graft excision (TGE).
- High-density transient gene expression in suspension-adapted 293 EBNA1 cellsXiangming Sun
Bioprocessing Technology Institute, 20 Biopolis Way, Centros 138668, Singapore
Biotechnol Bioeng 99:108-16. 2008Large-scale transient gene expression (TGE) in mammalian cells is an attractive method to rapidly produce recombinant proteins for pre-clinical studies, with some processes reported to reach 100 L...
- Autoantibodies in celiac diseaseArmin Alaedini
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Autoimmunity 41:19-26. 2008....
- EBV LMP2A provides a surrogate pre-B cell receptor signal through constitutive activation of the ERK/MAPK pathwayLeah J Anderson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Gen Virol 89:1563-8. 2008..extends the current knowledge of LMP2A function by examining the growth properties of bone marrow B cells from TgE LMP2A mice...
- Thermodesulfovibrio aggregans sp. nov. and Thermodesulfovibrio thiophilus sp. nov., anaerobic, thermophilic, sulfate-reducing bacteria isolated from thermophilic methanogenic sludge, and emended description of the genus ThermodesulfovibrioYuji Sekiguchi
Institute for Biological Resources and Functions, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:2541-8. 2008Four obligately anaerobic, thermophilic, sulfate-reducing bacterial strains, designated TGE-P1(T), TDV(T), TGL-LS1 and TSL-P1, were isolated from thermophilic (operated at 55 degrees C) methanogenic sludges from waste and wastewater ..
- Solution structures of the actuator domain of ATP7A and ATP7B, the Menkes and Wilson disease proteinsLucia Banci
Magnetic Resonance Center CERM University of Florence, Via L Sacconi 6, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino, Italy
Biochemistry 48:7849-55. 2009..We observed that the catalytically important TGE loop protrudes from the structure ready for interaction with the phosphorylated site in the ATP-binding domain...
- Clinical relevance of nine transcriptional molecular markers for the diagnosis of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in tissue and saliva rinseBenjamin Lallemant
Service d ORL et Chirurgie Maxillo faciale, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nimes, Place du Pr, Robert Debré, 30029 Nimes Cedex 9, France
BMC Cancer 9:370. 2009..identify nine genes displaying frequent alterations in HNSCC (FN1, MMP1, PLAU, SPARC, IL1RN, KRT4, KRT13, MAL, and TGM3)...
- New serology assays can detect gluten sensitivity among enteropathy patients seronegative for anti-tissue transglutaminaseEmilia Sugai
Small Bowel Section, Department of Medicine, C Bonorino Udaondo Gastroenterology Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Chem 56:661-5. 2010..Our aim was to explore whether newer assays incorporating synthetic deamidated gliadin-related peptides (DGPs) or other TG isoenzymes as antigen are useful for detecting gluten sensitivity in IgA anti-tTG-seronegative patients...
- Hyperosmolarity enhances transient recombinant protein yield in Chinese hamster ovary cellsXiaowei Zhang
Laboratory of Cellular Biotechnology, Faculty of Life Sciences, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, CH J2 506, Station 6, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Biotechnol Lett 32:1587-92. 2010..In addition, hyperosmolarity reduced cell growth and increased cell size. The addition of salt to cultures of transiently transfected CHO cells is a simple and cost-effective method to increase TGE yields in this host.
- Characterization and utility of monoclonal antibodies against spike protein of transmissible gastroenteritis virusF Meng
Department of Preventive Veterinary Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 52:201-7. 2011..This work aims to characterize the utility of four newly generated monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) against transmissible gastroenteritis virus (TGEV)...
- Dermatitis herpetiformis sera or goat anti-transglutaminase-3 transferred to human skin-grafted mice mimics dermatitis herpetiformis immunopathologyJohn J Zone
Department of Dermatology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Immunol 186:4474-80. 2011..These deposits seem to form over weeks in a process similar to an Ouchterlony immunodiffusion precipitate. This process of deposition explains the negative indirect immunofluorescence results with DH serum...
- Characterization of Anopheles gambiae transglutaminase 3 (AgTG3) and its native substrate PluginBinh V Le
Department of Chemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 81070, USA
J Biol Chem 288:4844-53. 2013..These results support the development of AgTG3 inhibitors as specific and effective chemosterilants for A. gambiae...
- Advancing genetic testing for deafness with genomic technologyA Eliot Shearer
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Molecular Otolaryngology and Renal Research Labs, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Med Genet 50:627-34. 2013..Using a platform that couples targeted genomic enrichment (TGE) and massively parallel sequencing (MPS) to sequence all exons of all genes implicated in NSHL, we tested 100 ..
- Flavobacterium plurextorum sp. nov. Isolated from Farmed Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Leydis Zamora
Centro de Vigilancia Sanitaria Veterinaria VISAVET, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e67741. 2013..Colonies were circular, yellow-pigmented, smooth and entire on TGE agar after 72 hours incubation at 25°C...
- Scalable transient gene expression in adherent mammalian cells using polyethylenimineLukas Fliedl
Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology, Vienna, Austria
Methods Mol Biol 1104:29-34. 2014Transient gene expression (TGE) has become a powerful tool over the last decade, as time to market is a key factor in biopharmaceutical industry...
- Genetic testing for sporadic hearing loss using targeted massively parallel sequencing identifies 10 novel mutationsX Gu
Department of Otolaryngology, Hearing Research Institute, Affiliated Eye and ENT Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Clin Genet 87:588-93. 2015..Several recent studies applied targeted genome enrichment (TGE) and massively parallel sequencing (MPS) to simultaneously screen a large set of known hearing loss (HL) genes...
- Screening of tea extract and theaflavins for inhibitory effects on the biological activity and production of staphylococcal enterotoxin AYuko Shimamura
School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Univ of Shizuoka, 52 1 Yada, Suruga ku, Shizuoka, 422 8526, Japan
J Food Sci 79:M2294-300. 2014..The interactions of theaflavin-rich green tea extracts (TGE), theaflavins, and epitheaflagallin to cultured S. aureus C-29 were determined using Western blot analysis...
- A high cell density transient transfection system for therapeutic protein expression based on a CHO GS-knockout cell line: process development and product quality assessmentYashas Rajendra
Biotechnology Discovery Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, 46285, Indiana
Biotechnol Bioeng 112:977-86. 2015Transient gene expression (TGE) is a rapid method for the production of recombinant proteins in mammalian cells...
- CHO-S antibody titers >1 gram/liter using flow electroporation-mediated transient gene expression followed by rapid migration to high-yield stable cell linesKrista Steger
Forge 4ward Consulting, Brentwood, NH, USA
J Biomol Screen 20:545-51. 2015In recent years, researchers have turned to transient gene expression (TGE) as an alternative to CHO stable cell line generation for early-stage antibody development...
- Immune responses induced by recombinant Bacillus subtilis expressing the spike protein of transmissible gastroenteritis virus in pigsChunxiao Mou
College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Weigang 1, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210095, PR China Electronic address
Antiviral Res 131:74-84. 2016Transmissible gastroenteritis (TGE) causes severe diarrhea in suckling piglets, results in enormous economic loss in swine-producing areas of the world...
- Expression of Transglutaminase in Foreskin of Children with Balanitis Xerotica ObliteransTiziana Russo
Department of Human Pathology of Adult and Childhood Gaetano Barresi, University of Messina, Messina 98125, Italy
Int J Mol Sci 17:. 2016..Increased expression of TG2 can be the result of chronic inflammation. TG2 overexpression can play a pivotal role in triggering and maintaining the inflammatory response in BXO patients. ..
- Mutations in Three Genes Encoding Proteins Involved in Hair Shaft Formation Cause Uncombable Hair SyndromeF Buket Ü Basmanav
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Bonn, 53127 Bonn, Germany Department of Neuro and Sensory Physiology, University Medical Center Gottingen, 37073 Gottingen, Germany Campus Laboratory for Advanced Imaging, Microscopy and Spectroscopy, University of Gottingen, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 99:1292-1304. 2016..the identification of UHS-causative mutations located in the three genes PADI3 (peptidylarginine deiminase 3), TGM3 (transglutaminase 3), and TCHH (trichohyalin) in a total of 11 children...
- TLR ligands, but not modulators of histone modifiers, can induce the complex immune response pattern of endotoxin tolerance in mammary epithelial cellsJuliane Günther
1 Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology, Institute for Genome Biology, Dummerstorf, Germany
Innate Immun 23:155-164. 2017..baseline and induced expression of bactericidal (β-defensin; SLPI) and membrane protecting factors ( SAA3, TGM3), while reducing the expression of cytokine- and chemokine-encoding genes ( TNF, IL1β) after a subsequent pathogen ..
- In vitro characterization of salmochelin and enterobactin trilactone hydrolases IroD, IroE, and FesHening Lin
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:11075-84. 2005..C-glucosyltransferase, converting the siderophore into mono-, di-, and triglucosyl enterobactins (MGE, DGE, and TGE, respectively)...
- An overview of immunological and genetic methods for detecting swine coronaviruses, transmissible gastroenteritis virus, and porcine respiratory coronavirus in tissuesT Sirinarumitr
Iowa State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Medical Research Institute, Ames 50011, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 412:37-46. 1997Transmissible gastroenteritis (TGE) is an enteric disease of swine caused by a coronavirus, designated as transmissible gastroenteritis virus (TGEV)...
- Improved functional cardiac MR imaging using the intravascular contrast agent CLARISCANI Paetsch
Clinic of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 19:337-43. 2003Using segmented k-space turbo gradient echo MR techniques (TGE) contrast between blood and myocardium is often reduced in long axis views due to reduced in plane spin-refreshment, particularly in patients with low ejection fraction...
- Leishmania species: evidence for transglutaminase activity and its role in parasite proliferationReynolds K B Brobey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute for Human Infections and Immunity, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1070, USA
Exp Parasitol 114:94-102. 2006..Myo-inositol-1-phosphate synthase and leishmanolysin (gp63) were identified as possible endogenous substrates for L. amazonensis TGase, implying a role for TGase in parasite growth, development, and survival...
- Polyethyleneimine-based transient gene expression processes for suspension-adapted HEK-293E and CHO-DG44 cellsDavid L Hacker
Protein Expression Core Facility, EPFL, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland Laboratory of Cellular Biotechnology, EPFL, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland Electronic address
Protein Expr Purif 92:67-76. 2013Transient gene expression (TGE) from mammalian cells is an increasingly important tool for the rapid production of recombinant proteins for research applications in biochemistry, structural biology, and biomedicine...
- TGM3, a candidate tumor suppressor gene, contributes to human head and neck cancerXiangbing Wu
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Head and Neck Oncology and Facuty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200011, China
Mol Cancer 12:151. 2013In our previous study using oligonucleotide microarrays, we revealed that transglutaminase 3 (TGM3) was remarkably down-regulated in head and neck cancer (HNC)...
- Isolation of porcine immunoglobulins and determination of the immunoglobulin classes of transmissible gastroenteritis viral antibodiesL J Saif
Infect Immun 6:600-9. 1972..the immunoglobulin classes of neutralizing antibodies to the porcine enteric virus, transmissible gastroenteritis (TGE)...
- Proteomic analysis identifies new biomarkers for postmenopausal and dry skinCaroline Delattre
L Oreal Research and Innovation, Clichy, France
Exp Dermatol 21:205-10. 2012..These results suggest that a proteomic analysis of the SC obtained using a non-invasive varnish stripping method is an attractive alternative to invasive methods to better characterize changes in the physiology of ageing and dry skin...
- Glycan variability on a recombinant IgG antibody transiently produced in HEK-293E cellsSophie Nallet
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, School of Life Sciences, Laboratory of Cellular Biotechnology, Station 6, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
N Biotechnol 29:471-6. 2012In this study, a recombinant monoclonal IgG antibody was produced by transient gene expression (TGE) in suspension-adapted HEK-293E cells...
- Transient recombinant protein expression in a human amniocyte cell line: the CAP-T® cell systemSimon Fischer
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, NBC PPA, Basel, Switzerland
Biotechnol Bioeng 109:2250-61. 2012The impact of transient gene expression approaches (TGE) on the rapid production of recombinant proteins is undisputed, despite that all efforts are currently relying on two host cell families only, namely HEK293 derivatives and CHO cell ..
- Hyperbranched polylysine: a versatile, biodegradable transfection agent for the production of recombinant proteins by transient gene expression and the transfection of primary cellsZuzana Kadlecova
Institut des Matériaux et Institut des Sciences et Ingénierie Chimiques, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Bâtiment MXD, Station 12, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Macromol Biosci 12:794-804. 2012The feasibility of a new transfection agent, HBPL, for the production of recombinant IgG antibody via TGE as well as for the transfection of primary cells is studied...
- Combination of meta-analysis and graph clustering to identify prognostic markers of ESCCHongyun Gao
Department of Emergency, Shanghai 10th People s Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Genet Mol Biol 35:530-7. 2012..The results showed that CXCL12, CYP2C9, TGM3, MAL, S100A9, EMP-1 and SPRR3 were highly associated with ESCC development...
- Colonisation of conventional weaned pigs by enteropathogenic Escherichia coli (EPEC) and its hazard potential for human healthAnna Malik
Hungarian Academy of Sciences Institute for Veterinary Medical Research, Centre for Agricultural Research Hungária krt 21 H 1143 Budapest Hungary
Acta Vet Hung 60:297-307. 2012..coli (ETEC) or with low-virulence TGE coronavirus, application of fumonisin B1 with a normal therapeutic dose of dexamethasone, and the increase of ..
- Pre-capture multiplexing improves efficiency and cost-effectiveness of targeted genomic enrichmentA Eliot Shearer
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
BMC Genomics 13:618. 2012Targeted genomic enrichment (TGE) is a widely used method for isolating and enriching specific genomic regions prior to massively parallel sequencing...
- Epimedium koreanum Nakai Water Extract Exhibits Antiviral Activity against Porcine Epidermic Diarrhea Virus In Vitro and In VivoWon Kyung Cho
Korean Medicine KM Based Herbal Drug Research Group, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 811, Republic of Korea
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:985151. 2012..KIOM 198 exhibited a similar extent of antiviral effect against other subtypes of Corona virus such as sm98 and TGE viruses...
- A CHO cell line engineered to express XBP1 and ERO1-Lα has increased levels of transient protein expressionKatharine Cain
Protein Expression and Purification Group, UCB, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4EN, England
Biotechnol Prog 29:697-706. 2013Transient gene expression (TGE) systems currently provide rapid and scalable (up to 100 L) methods for generating multigram quantities of recombinant heterologous proteins...
- Maximizing antibody production in suspension-cultured mammalian cells by the customized transient gene expression methodMin You
National Institute of Diagnostics and Vaccine Development in Infectious Diseases, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 77:1207-13. 2013Due to the great diversity in protein expression productivity, a customized transient gene expression (TGE) method was used in the present study to optimize transient expression of three antibodies...
- An investigation into the association between cpb2-encoding Clostridium perfringens type A and diarrhea in neonatal pigletsAbdolvahab Farzan
Department of Population Medicine, Animal Health Laboratory, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Can J Vet Res 77:45-53. 2013..difficile toxins, Salmonella, enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli, rotavirus, transmissible gastroenteritis (TGE) virus, and coccidia...
- Transient gene expression in serum-free suspension-growing mammalian cells for the production of foot-and-mouth disease virus empty capsidsAna Clara Mignaqui
Instituto de Virologia, Centro de Investigación en Ciencias Veterinarias y Agronómicas, Instituto Nacional de Tecnologia Agropecuaria, Hurlingham, Buenos Aires, Argentina
PLoS ONE 8:e72800. 2013..In this report, we explored transient gene expression (TGE) in serum-free suspension-growing mammalian cells for the production of FMDV recombinant empty capsids as a subunit ..
- Relation of protein synthesis and transglutaminase activity to formation of the cross-linked envelope during terminal differentiation of the cultured human epidermal keratinocyteR H Rice
J Cell Biol 76:705-11. 1978..Though the activity of the cross-linking transglutaminase depends on the presence of cellular Ca++, we have not been able to activate the cross-linking process by high external Ca++ concentration or ionophores...
- The complete amino acid sequence of the human transglutaminase K enzyme deduced from the nucleic acid sequences of cDNA clonesH C Kim
Laboratory of Cellular Development and Oncology, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 266:536-9. 1991..to a known type I or transglutaminase K activity, and the mid-sized component apparently encodes a transglutaminase E activity that has recently been shown to be expressed in terminally differentiating epidermis (Kim, H. C...
- Relatedness of rabbit coronavirus to other coronavirusesJ D Small
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Comparative Medicine Branch, Triangle Park, NC 27709
Adv Exp Med Biol 218:521-7. 1987..In plaque neutralization tests, a slight reduction was observed against TGE and CCV but not against FIP...
- Characterization of a novel zinc finger gene (ZNF165) mapping to 6p21 that is expressed specifically in testisK N Tirosvoutis
University of Cambridge, Department of Pathology, United Kingdom
Genomics 28:485-90. 1995..residues and a C-terminal domain composed of five zinc finger motifs linked through the highly conserved sequence TGE-KPYE. This gene has been designated ZNF165...
- Human-immunodeficiency-virus transmembrane glycoprotein gp41 is an amino acceptor and donor substrate for transglutaminase in vitroL Mariniello
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Naples, Italy
Eur J Biochem 215:99-104. 1993..These results suggest a possible role for transglutaminase in virus entry into host cells, via receptor-mediated endocytosis, and/or in HIV-induced CD4+ T-cell depletion via apoptosis...
- HIV-1 gp120-dependent induction of apoptosis in antigen-specific human T cell clones is characterized by 'tissue' transglutaminase expression and prevented by cyclosporin AA Amendola
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
FEBS Lett 339:258-64. 1994..Noteworthy, CsA treatment prevented the gp120-dependent induction of apoptosis by blocking the activation of the Ca(2+)-dependent effector elements such as tTG...
- The proximal promoter of the human transglutaminase 3 gene. Stratified squamous epithelial-specific expression in cultured cells is mediated by binding of Sp1 and ets transcription factors to a proximal promoter elementJ H Lee
Laboratory of Skin Biology, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2755, USA
J Biol Chem 271:4561-8. 1996..To explore the mechanisms regulating the expression of the transglutaminase 3 gene (TGM3), 3...
- The STAR protein QKI-6 is a translational repressorL Saccomanno
Department of Cell Biology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:12605-10. 1999..In addition, our data support the hypothesis that other STAR family members may also be TGE-dependent translational regulators.
- Identification and cloning of a new calmodulin-like protein from human epidermisB Mehul
Life Sciences Research, L Oreal, Centre Charles Zviak, 92583 Clichy, France
J Biol Chem 275:12841-7. 2000..Sequencing of a rCLSP affinity purified protein revealed 100% identity with transglutaminase 3, a key enzyme in terminal differentiation, indicating an important role of CLSP in this process...
- The human oesophageal squamous epithelium exhibits a novel type of heat shock protein responseA Yagui-Beltran
Cancer Research Campaign Laboratories, the Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Dundee, Scotland
Eur J Biochem 268:5343-55. 2001....
- Mechanistic basis for the gas exchange threshold in Thoroughbred horsesPaul McDonough
Department of Anatomy, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506 5802, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 92:1499-505. 2002..However, because the ventilatory equivalent for O2 (VE/VO2) does not increase above the gas exchange threshold (Tge), hypercapnia and hypoxemia accompany intense exercise in the TB compared with humans, in whom VE/VO2 increases ..
- CFI Pathogen Inactivation TechnologyTrevor P Castor; Fiscal Year: 2010..the SuperFluids(tm) CFI (critical fluid inactivation) process inactivates both enveloped viruses such as MuLV, VSV, TGE, BDVD, Sindbis and HIV and nonenveloped viruses such as Polio, Adeno, Reo, Parvo and EMC while preserving ..
- CFI Inactivation of Human PlasmaTREVOR CASTOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..that the SuperFluids" CFI (critical fluid inactivation) process inactivates enveloped viruses such as MuLV, VSV, TGE, BVD, Sindbis and HIV in fetal bovine serum by a lipid solubilization mechanism, similar to the solvent detergent ..
- David H Farb; Fiscal Year: 2016..There are currently 46 students (41 TGE) in the program including 4 TGE from underrepresented minorities...
- Diabetic CardiomyopathyWolfgang H Dillmann; Fiscal Year: 2011..normalizing OPA1 levels and its O-GlcNAc status, using viral vector based expression of OPA1 or GCA transgenes (tge) in CM exposed to HG returns Mito fusion towards normal...
- Training Grant in Cardiac and Vascular Cell BiologySteven A Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2013..at the School of Medicine (SOM) under the umbrella Graduate Program in Life Sciences (GPILS), quality and number of TGE predoctoral applicants continues to increase...
- Kevin R Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2016..There are currently 20 trainees;we recruit 5-6 new trainees each year. Students (40-45 each year, nearly all TGE) enter graduate school through an umbrella program...
- John M Timmerman; Fiscal Year: 2016..All fellows entering the program are Training Grant Eligible (TGE)...
- JULIE ANN BLENDY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Currently there are 70 students in the program (60 TGE) with 50 students in thesis labs and 20 pre-thesis students...
- REVERSE GENETICS WITH A CORONAVIRUS INFECTIOUS CONSTRUCTRalph Baric; Fiscal Year: 2004..systematically assemble a full-length infectious construct of the coronavirus, transmissible gastroenteritis virus (TGE), an economically important pathogen in swine...
- MODELS OF INTESTINAL MUCOSAL INJURY AND RESTITUTIONRONDA MOORE; Fiscal Year: 1990..In this final phase the TGE virus infected piglet will be used as the animal model of viral enteritis. The research efforts of the sponsor, Dr...
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE AND DISEASES OF EXPANDED POLYGLUTAMINEHoward Green; Fiscal Year: 2002..If the role of transglutaminase can be proven conclusively, a prophylaxis and a therapy can be envisioned in the form of transglutaminase inhibitors. ..
- STABILIZATION OF MATRIX STRUCTURE IN MATURE CARTILAGEQian Chen; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is suggested by the applicant that these data will contribute not only to our basic understanding of cartilage matrix assembly, but also to the development of methods for prevention and treatment of cartilage degeneration. ..
- 3 UTR Control of TRA-2 mRNA in C. elegansElizabeth Goodwin; Fiscal Year: 2005..GLD-l is a TGE dependent translational repressor, and the gene laf-1 is also required for control...
- STABILIZATION OF MATRIX STRUCTURE IN MATURE CARTILAGEQian Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002..These data will contribute not only to our basic understanding of cartilage matrix assembly, but also to the development of methods for prevention and treatment of cartilage degeneration. ..
- Immune reactivity to synapsin in the neuropathy and ataxia of celiac diseaseArmin Alaedini; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OspA and autoimmunity in chronic Lyme diseaseArmin Alaedini; Fiscal Year: 2007..Identification of specific immune reactivity to an autoantigen might also be useful as a diagnostic marker and for monitoring of disease activity in affected patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..