Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TGM1
Description: transglutaminase 1
Alias: ARCI1, ICR2, KTG, LI1, TGASE, TGK, protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase K, K polypeptide epidermal type I, protein-glutamine-gamma-glutamyltransferase, TG(K), TGase K, TGase-1, epidermal TGase, transglutaminase 1 isoform, transglutaminase K, transglutaminase, keratinocyte
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Structure and organization of the human transglutaminase 1 geneI G Kim
Laboratory of Skin Biology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 267:7710-7. 1992..In order to determine the complexity of this system, we have isolated and characterized the human gene (TGM1). The gene of 14,133 base pairs was found to contain 15 exons spliced by 14 introns...
- The complete amino acid sequence of the human transglutaminase K enzyme deduced from the nucleic acid sequences of cDNA clonesH C Kim
Laboratory of Cellular Development and Oncology, National Institute of Dental Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 266:536-9. 1991..ubiquitous tissue type II or transglutaminase C activity, the smallest corresponds to a known type I or transglutaminase K activity, and the mid-sized component apparently encodes a transglutaminase E activity that has recently ..
- Biochemical, structural, and transglutaminase substrate properties of human loricrin, the major epidermal cornified cell envelope proteinE Candi
Skin Biology Branch, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2775, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26382-90. 1995..The TGase 3 reaction favored certain lysines and glutamines by forming mostly intrachain cross-links, whereas TGase 1 formed mostly large oligomeric complexes by interchain cross-links involving different lysines and glutamines...
- Mutations in the gene for transglutaminase 1 in autosomal recessive lamellar ichthyosisL J Russell
Genetic Studies Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2757, USA
Nat Genet 9:279-83. 1995..locus for severe autosomal recessive lamellar ichthyosis (LI) to chromosome 14q11 and showed complete linkage with TGM1, the gene encoding transglutaminase 1...
- Mutations of keratinocyte transglutaminase in lamellar ichthyosisM Huber
Department of Dermatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vandois CHUV, Hôpital de Beaumont, Lausanne, Switzerland
Science 267:525-8. 1995..Affected individuals in three families exhibited drastically reduced keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK) activity...
- The transglutaminase 1 enzyme is variably acylated by myristate and palmitate during differentiation in epidermal keratinocytesP M Steinert
Laboratory of Skin Biology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2755, USA
J Biol Chem 271:26242-50. 1996The transglutaminase 1 (TGase 1) enzyme is involved in the formation of a cornified cell envelope in terminally differentiating epidermal keratinocytes...
- Transglutaminase 1 mutations in autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis: private and recurrent mutations in an isolated populationE Laiho
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Am J Hum Genet 61:529-38. 1997..Recently, strong evidence for the involvement of the transglutaminase 1 gene (TGM1) in LI has evolved...
- Three novel point mutations in the keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK) gene in lamellar ichthyosis: significance for mutant transcript level, TGK immunodetection and activityE Petit
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 5:218-28. 1997..patients from 7 unrelated families with lamellar ichthyosis (LI) for defects in the keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK) gene...
- Strong founder effect for a transglutaminase 1 gene mutation in lamellar ichthyosis and congenital ichthyosiform erythroderma from NorwayM Pigg
Department of Genetics and Pathology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 6:589-96. 1998..It was recently shown that mutations in the transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) gene may be associated with the clinical subtypes lamellar ichthyosis (LI) and non-bullous congenital ..
- Transglutaminase cross-linking properties of the small proline-rich 1 family of cornified cell envelope proteins. Integration with loricrinE Candi
Laboratory of Skin Biology, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 2752, USA
J Biol Chem 274:7226-37. 1999..for cross-linking by TGase 3, whereas those in head domain B sequences were used for cross-linking by TGase 1. The TGase 2 enzyme cross-linked SPR1 proteins poorly...
- Splice-site mutation in TGM1 in congenital recessive ichthyosis in American families: molecular, genetic, genealogic, and clinical studiesY O Shevchenko
Genetic Studies Section, Laboratory of Skin Biology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2757, USA
Hum Genet 106:492-9. 2000..Mutations in the gene for transglutaminase-1 (TGM1) are responsible for many cases of LI and occur throughout the coding sequence of the gene...
- Transglutaminase autoantibodies in dermatitis herpetiformis and celiac sprueEric V Marietta
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:332-5. 2008..These results would indicate that intestinal damage is associated with the production of anti-tTG IgA and anti-TGe IgA in DH patients...
- Novel transglutaminase-1 mutations and genotype-phenotype investigations of 104 patients with autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis in the USAS Farasat
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20892 4562, USA
J Med Genet 46:103-11. 2009..Mutations in the transglutaminase-1 (TGM1) gene, which encodes for the epidermal enzyme transglutaminase-1 (TGase-1), are one of the causes of ARCI.
- Transglutaminase-1 gene mutations in autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis: summary of mutations (including 23 novel) and modeling of TGase-1Matthew L Herman
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Rockville, Maryland 20892 4562, USA
Hum Mutat 30:537-47. 2009..Germline mutations in TGM1 are the most common cause of ARCI in the United States. TGM1 encodes for the TGase-1 enzyme that functions in the formation of the cornified cell envelope...
- Genotypic and clinical spectrum of self-improving collodion ichthyosis: ALOX12B, ALOXE3, and TGM1 mutations in Scandinavian patientsAnders Vahlquist
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Invest Dermatol 130:438-43. 2010..Mutations in two genes, TGM1 and ALOX12B, have previously been implicated in the etiology of SHCB, but the full genotypic spectrum remains to be ..
- Multiple local and recent founder effects of TGM1 in Spanish familiesLaura Fachal
Fundación Pública Galega de Medicina Xenómica SERGAS, Grupo de Medicina Xenómica USC, CIBERER, IDIS, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e33580. 2012Mutations in the TGM1 gene encoding transglutaminase 1 are a major cause of autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis. In the Galician (NW Spain) population, three mutations, c.2278C>T, c.1223_1227delACAC and c...
- Genetic variation in the epidermal transglutaminase genes is not associated with atopic dermatitisAgne Lieden
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e49694. 2012..The identification of AD susceptibility genes related to barrier dysfunction is therefore of importance. The epidermal transglutaminases (TGM1, TGM3 and TGM5) encodes essential cross-linking enzymes in the epidermis.
- An ERp60-like protein from the filarial parasite Dirofilaria immitis has both transglutaminase and protein disulfide isomerase activityR Chandrashekar
Heska Corporation, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:531-6. 1998..the presence of isopeptide bonds in the sheath and cuticle of filarial parasites, suggesting an important role for TGase-catalyzed reactions during the growth and development of filarial nematodes...
- Formation of cornified cell envelope in human hair follicle developmentM Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15 West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Br J Dermatol 146:968-76. 2002....
- Effects of post-translational modifications catalysed by pollen transglutaminase on the functional properties of microtubules and actin filamentsStefano Del Duca
Dipartimento di Biologia Evoluzionistica Sperimentale, Sede Botanica, University of Bologna, Via Irnerio 42, Bologna, Italy
Biochem J 418:651-64. 2009..To assess the activity of apple (Malus domestica) pollen TGase on the functional properties of actin and tubulin, TGase was prepared from apple pollen by hydrophobic- ..
- An in situ and in vitro investigation for the transglutaminase potential in tissue engineeringD I Zeugolis
Tissue Modulation Laboratory, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Biomed Mater Res A 92:1310-20. 2010..The role of tissue transglutaminase (TGase 2) in several pathophysiologies, wound healing applications, biomaterials functionalization, and drug delivery ..
- Sporadic inclusion body myositis correlates with increased expression and cross-linking by transglutaminases 1 and 2Y C Choi
Department of Neurology, College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul 135 270, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 275:8703-10. 2000..We report that at least two different enzymes, the ubiquitous TGase 2 as well as the TGase 1 enzyme, are present in muscle tissues...
- Transglutaminase activity in the hematopoietic tissue of a crustacean, Pacifastacus leniusculus, importance in hemocyte homeostasisXionghui Lin
Department of Comparative Physiology, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18A, SE 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Immunol 9:58. 2008..We also found that TGase is an abundant protein in the hematopoietic tissue (Hpt) cells of crayfish and hence we have studied the possible ..
- Transglutaminases - possible drug targets in human diseasesVittorio Gentile
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Medical School, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord 3:99-104. 2004..disease (PD), supranuclear palsy and Huntington disease (HD), are characterized in part by aberrant cerebral TGase activity and by increased cross-linked proteins in affected brain...
- Tissue transglutaminase acylation: Proposed role of conserved active site Tyr and Trp residues revealed by molecular modeling of peptide substrate bindingRoberto A Chica
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Montreal, 2900 Edouard Montpetit, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Protein Sci 13:979-91. 2004..Given the implication of tissue TGase in various physiological disorders, development of specific tissue TGase inhibitors is of current interest...
- Increased levels of gamma-glutamylamines in Huntington disease CSFThomas M Jeitner
Red Anvil, LLC, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
J Neurochem 106:37-44. 2008..The resulting gamma-glutamylamines are excised intact during proteolysis. TGase activity is altered in several diseases, highlighting the importance of in situ enzymatic determinations...
- Kinetin affects the level of chloroplast polyamines and transglutaminase activity during senescence of barley leavesEwa Sobieszczuk-Nowicka
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 56:255-9. 2009..Immunodetection of transglutaminases (TGase) in thylakoid fraction revealed three bands of 33, 58 and 78 kDa...
- Activity of maize transglutaminase overexpressed in Escherichia coli inclusion bodies: an alternative to protein refoldingPatricia Carvajal
Dept of Molecular Genetics, Centre de Recerca Agrigenomica CRAG CSIC IRTA UAB, Jordi Girona Salgado 18 24, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Biotechnol Prog 27:232-40. 2011..In plants, this enzyme is poorly characterized and only the maize plastidial TGase gene (tgz) has been cloned...
- The emerging structural understanding of transglutaminase 3Bijan Ahvazi
X ray Crystallography Facility, Office of Science and Technology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8023, USA
J Struct Biol 147:200-7. 2004Transglutaminases (TGase; protein-glutamine: amine gamma-glutamyl-transferase) are a family of calcium-dependent acyl-transfer enzymes ubiquitously expressed in mammalian cells and responsible for catalyzing covalent cross-links between ..
- Identification of the eukaryotic initiation factor 5A as a retinoic acid-stimulated cellular binding partner for tissue transglutaminase IIU S Singh
Department of Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 273:1946-50. 1998..essential for cell viability, perhaps through effects on protein synthesis and/or RNA export, associates with the TGase in vivo...
- Differential expression of multiple transglutaminases in human brain. Increased expression and cross-linking by transglutaminases 1 and 2 in Alzheimer's diseaseS Y Kim
Laboratory of Skin Biology, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30715-21. 1999..chain reaction and immunological methods with specific antibodies that in fact three members, the TGase 1, TGase 2, and TGase 3 enzymes, and are differentially expressed in various regions of normal human brain tissues...
- Recent patents on transglutaminase production and applications: a brief reviewMireya Santos
Centre of Research in Agrogenomics CRAG CSIC IRTA UAB, Department of Molecular Genetics, Jordi Girona 18 24, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Recent Pat Biotechnol 3:166-74. 2009The transglutaminases (TGase; EC2.3.2...
- Tissue specific and androgen-regulated expression of human prostate-specific transglutaminaseH J Dubbink
Department of Urology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem J 315:901-8. 1996..In the prostate at least two TGases are present, the ubiquitously expressed tissue-type TGase (TGC), and a prostate-restricted TGase (TGP)...
- Cross linking of polyglutamine domains catalyzed by tissue transglutaminase is greatly favored with pathological-length repeats: does transglutaminase activity play a role in (CAG)(n)/Q(n)-expansion diseases?Arthur J L Cooper
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Neurochem Int 40:53-67. 2002..three Ca(2+)-dependent enzymes (transglutaminases, TGases) that catalyze protein cross-linking reactions, namely TGase 1, TGase 2 (tissue transglutaminase, tTGase) and TGase 3...
- Chondrocyte-derived transglutaminase promotes maturation of preosteoblasts in periosteal boneMaria Nurminskaya
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Tufts University School of Medicine, 136 Harrison Ave, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Dev Biol 263:139-52. 2003..One factor is TGase. In the cocultures, inhibition of TGase reduces mineralization, and addition of the enzyme enhances it...
- Transglutaminase-3 enzyme: a putative actor in human hair shaft scaffolding?Sebastien Thibaut
L Oreal Recherche, Clichy, France
J Invest Dermatol 129:449-59. 2009The family of transglutaminases (TGase) is known to be involved in terminal differentiation processes in the epidermis. These enzymes contribute also to the physical resistance and the preservation of the hair follicle structure...
- Isolation of a cDNA encoding a novel member of the transglutaminase gene family from human keratinocytes. Detection and identification of transglutaminase gene products based on reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction with degenerate primersD Aeschlimann
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
J Biol Chem 273:3452-60. 1998..We demonstrate amplification of tissue transglutaminase (TGC), keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK), prostate transglutaminase (TGP), the a-subunit of factor XIII, and band 4...
- Comparison of substrate specificities of transglutaminases using synthetic peptides as acyl donorsT Ohtsuka
Food Research and Development Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki shi, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:2608-13. 2000Transglutaminase (TGase) is an enzyme that catalyzes acyl transfer reactions between primary amines and Gln residues in proteins or peptides...
- Squamous metaplasia induced by transfection of human papillomavirus DNA into cultured adenocarcinoma cellsT Kinjo
Department of Pathology, Ryukyu University School of Medicine, 207 Uehara, Nishihara, Okinawa 903 0215, Japan
Mol Pathol 56:97-108. 2003..In this present study, the effects of HPV transfection into adenocarcinoma cells were examined. The relation between the region expressing the HPV gene and squamous metaplasia was also studied...
- Substrate specificity of streptomyces transglutaminasesJames Langston
Novozymes, Inc, 1445 Drew Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 136:291-308. 2007Transglutaminase (TGase) is a multifunctional enzyme vital for many physiologic processes, such as cell differentiation, tissue regeneration, and plant pathogenicity...
- Cinnamoyl inhibitors of tissue transglutaminaseChristophe Pardin
Departement de Chimie, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
J Org Chem 73:5766-75. 2008..Unregulated, high TGase activities have been implicated in several physiological disorders, but few reversible inhibitors of TG2 have been ..
- Dietary glucosylceramide enhances cornified envelope formation via transglutaminase expression and involucrin productionTatsuya Hasegawa
Shiseido Functional Food Research and Development Center, 2 12 1 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 8643, Japan
Lipids 46:529-35. 2011..The GlcCer treatment also increased the level of TGase-1 mRNA in UVB-irradiated murine epidermis approximately 1.6-fold compared with the control...
- GTP, an inhibitor of transglutaminases, is hydrolyzed by tissue-type transglutaminase (TGase 2) but not by epidermal-type transglutaminase (TGase 3)K Hitomi
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:657-9. 2000Epidermal-type transglutaminase (TGase 3) is devoid of GTPase activity, but its TGase activity is inhibited by GTP as in the case of tissue-type TGase (TGase 2)...
- Transglutaminase 5 is acetylated at the N-terminal endA Rufini
Biochemistry Laboratory, IDI IRCCS, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Amino Acids 26:425-30. 2004..and a partial biochemical characterisation showed its involvement in skin differentiation, in parallel to TGase 1 and TGase 3...
- Transglutaminases in vascular biology: relevance for vascular remodeling and atherosclerosisErik N T P Bakker
Department of Medical Physics, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Vasc Res 45:271-8. 2008The transglutaminase (Tgase) family consists of nine known members of whom at least three are expressed in the vascular system: type 1 Tgase, type 2 Tgase and factor XIII...
- Novel role of transglutaminase 1 in corpora amylacea formation?Micha M M Wilhelmus
Department of Anatomy and Neurosciences, VU University Medical Center, Neuroscience Campus Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 32:845-56. 2011..We propose that TG1-catalyzed cross-linking and consequent polymerization of cytoskeletal and cytoskeleton-associated proteins may underlie CA formation...
- Transglutaminase activity and transglutaminase mRNA transcripts in gerbil brain ischemiaRiccardo Ientile
Department of Biochemical, Physiological and Nutritional Sciences, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Neurosci Lett 363:173-7. 2004..Our results suggest that increases in transglutaminases may be part of the tissue stress response in global brain ischemia...
- Triggered psoriasisR Wolf
Department of Dermatology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Ichilov Hospital, Israel
Adv Exp Med Biol 455:221-5. 1999..The chemical structure of the antimalarials is very similar to dansylputrescine, a potent transglutaminase (TGase) inhibitor...
- Basis for the permeability barrier abnormality in lamellar ichthyosisPeter M Elias
Dermatology Service and Research Unit, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Exp Dermatol 11:248-56. 2002....
- Cathepsin D is involved in the regulation of transglutaminase 1 and epidermal differentiationFriederike Egberts
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Cell Sci 117:2295-307. 2004..Our findings suggest a functional link between cathepsin D activation, transglutaminase 1 activity and protein expression of cornified envelope proteins during epidermal differentiation...
- Functional changes and motility characteristics of Japanese Black bull spermatozoa separated by PercollK Suzuki
Tohoku National Agricultural Experiment Station, Morioka 020 0123, Japan
Anim Reprod Sci 77:157-72. 2003Spermatozoa from two Japanese Black bulls (Bull-ATF and Bull-KTG) were separated by centrifugation at 700 x g for 15min in modified TALP with or without 45-90% Percoll...
- Association of amino acid substitutions in penicillin-binding protein 3 with beta-lactam resistance in beta-lactamase-negative ampicillin-resistant Haemophilus influenzaeK Ubukata
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd, 760 Morookacho, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1693-9. 2001..His-517, near the conserved Lys-Thr-Gly (KTG) motif, was substituted for Arg-517 in group I strains (n = 9), and Lys-526 was substituted for Asn-526 in group II ..
- Epigenetics, genomic imprinting and assisted reproductive technologyY Le Bouc
Explorations Fonctionnelles Endocriniennes, Hopital d Enfants Armand Trousseau, AP HP, 75571 Paris, France
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 71:237-8. 2010..methylation at the 11p15 imprinted locus [5-7]: respectively loss of methylation at the Imprinting Region Center (ICR2) or gain of methylation at ICR1 in BWS and loss of methylation at ICR1 in SRS...
- A novel homozygous mutation 371delA in TGM1 leads to a classic lamellar ichthyosis phenotypeM Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15 West 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Br J Dermatol 148:149-53. 2003..Immunofluorescence labelling with anti-TGase 1 antibodies was negative in the patient's epidermis...
- Cross-linked envelopes in nail plate in lamellar ichthyosisR H Rice
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616 8588, USA
Br J Dermatol 149:1050-4. 2003..Defective CE formation occurs in epidermal scale and hair in transglutaminase 1 (TGM1)-negative lamellar ichthyosis (LI) and has been proposed as a diagnostic aid for this syndrome.
- Transglutaminase 1-deficient recessive lamellar ichthyosis associated with a LINE-1 insertion in Jack Russell terrier dogsK M Credille
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
Br J Dermatol 161:265-72. 2009..One cause of gene mutation important to humans and dogs is transposon insertions...
- Transglutaminase1 preferred substrate peptide K5 is an efficient tool in diagnosis of lamellar ichthyosisMasashi Akiyama
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Am J Pathol 176:1592-9. 2010..However, cadaverine, the most widely used substrate for TGase activity assay, is not isozyme specific...
- Clinical and morphological correlations for transglutaminase 1 gene mutations in autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosisE Laiho
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Helsinki, Laboratory Department of Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Eur J Hum Genet 7:625-32. 1999..Transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) has been found as a defective gene in a large fraction of patients with lamellar ichthyosis (LI), a severe ..
- Transglutaminase activity in the eye: cross-linking in epithelia and connective tissue structuresM Raghunath
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:2780-7. 1999To assess the distribution of transglutaminase (TGase) activity in ocular tissues and the target structures for cross-linking.
- Acral self-healing collodion baby: report of a new clinical phenotype caused by a novel TGM1 mutationJ Mazereeuw-Hautier
Department of Dermatology, CHU Purpan, Toulouse 31024, France
Br J Dermatol 161:456-63. 2009..Arg396His. These predictions corroborated the analysis of recombinant transglutaminase (TGase)-1 proteins carrying the p.Val359Met and p.Arg396His mutations...
- Mapping of a second locus for lamellar ichthyosis to chromosome 2q33-35L Parmentier
CNRS URA 1922, Genethon, Evry, France
Hum Mol Genet 5:555-9. 1996..It was recently demonstrated to result from deleterious mutations in the transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) gene...
- Thyroxine stimulates transglutaminase activity in articular chondrocytesA K Rosenthal
Zablocki VA Medical Center and Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11:463-70. 2003..Elevated activity levels of the two transglutaminase (Tgase) enzymes (type II Tgase and Factor XIIIA (FXIIIA)) have recently been described as additional features of ..
- Involvement of transglutaminase in ex vivo maturation of cornified envelopes in the stratum corneumT Hirao
Shiseido Life Science Research Center, Tsuzuki ku, Yokohama 224 8558, Japan
Int J Cosmet Sci 25:245-57. 2003..Labelled cadaverine as an exogenous substrate for transglutaminase (TGase) could be incorporated into CEs during maturation...
- Fibroblast apoptosis in a patient affected by lamellar ichthyosisDaniela Tavian
Laboratory of Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan, Italy
J Cutan Pathol 36:417-24. 2009..The pathology may be caused by mutations in transglutaminase 1 (TGM1) gene that encodes an enzyme critical for terminally differentiating keratinocytes...
- Lamellar ichthyosis with a novel homozygous C-terminal mutation in the transglutaminase-1 geneLaura Rodríguez-Pazos
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Complejo Hospitalario Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Int J Dermatol 48:1195-7. 2009The majority of cases of Lamellar ichthyosis (LI) are caused by mutations in the transglutaminase-1 (TGM1) gene...
- Lamellar ichthyosis: further narrowing, physical and expression mapping of the chromosome 2 candidate locusL Parmentier
CNRS URA 1922, Genethon, Evry, France
Eur J Hum Genet 7:77-87. 1999..Keratinocyte transglutaminase (or transglutaminase 1: TGM1) has been demonstrated to be the disease-causing gene in some families, whilst in others, a second unidentified LI ..
- Ampicillin-resistant non-beta-lactamase-producing Haemophilus influenzae in Spain: recent emergence of clonal isolates with increased resistance to cefotaxime and cefiximeSilvia García-Cobos
Antibiotic Laboratory, Bacteriology Centro Nacional de Microbiología, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2564-73. 2007..Some 93.2% of the BLNAR strains had amino acid substitutions at the Lys-Thr-Gly (KTG) motif, the two most common being Asn526 to Lys (83.9%) and Arg517 to His (9.3%)...
- Dependence of Giardia lamblia encystation on novel transglutaminase activityB J Davids
Department of Pathology, Division of Infectious Diseases, UCSD Medical Center, University of California, CTF C 403, 214 Dickinson Street, San Diego, CA 92103 8416, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 136:173-80. 2004..we found that three protein disulfide isomerases (PDI) from Giardia lamblia (gPDI) also have transglutaminase (TGase) activity in vitro...
- Antisense inhibition of transglutaminase 2 affects development of mouse embryo submandibular gland in organ cultureSuk Keun Lee
Department of Oral Pathology, College of Dentistry, Kangnung National University, Gangneung 210 702, Republic of Korea
Arch Oral Biol 50:789-98. 2005Tissue transglutaminase (TGase 2) has been implicated in numerous cellular functions, i.e., apoptosis, differentiation, extracellular matrix protein cross-linking and organogenesis...
- Preparation and evaluation of ketorolac tromethamine gel containing genipin for periodontal diseasesJeon Heon Yang
College of Pharmacy, Woosuk University, Wanju 565 701, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:871-5. 2007Ketorolac tromethamine gel (KT gel) and ketorolac tromethamine gel containing genipin (KTG gel) were prepared and their therapeutic effects on periodontitis were evaluated...
- Epidermal growth factor and keratinocyte growth factor differentially regulate epidermal migration, growth, and differentiationS Gibbs
Department of Dermatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Wound Repair Regen 8:192-203. 2000....
- New mutations in the transglutaminase 1 gene in three families with lamellar ichthyosisX Cao
Department of Dermatology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nan Chang University, Nan Chang, China
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:904-9. 2009..Gene mutation in transglutaminase 1 (TGM1), which mediates cross-links in the formation of the cell envelope during terminal differentiation of epidermis, ..
- Increased nuclear beta-catenin in suprabasal involved psoriatic epidermisP J Hampton
Dermatological Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Br J Dermatol 157:1168-77. 2007..beta-catenin is not required for keratinocyte proliferation but has been shown to regulate keratinocyte stem cells and hair follicle morphogenesis...
- Transglutaminase II: a new class of GTP-binding protein with new biological functionsM J Im
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Cell Signal 9:477-82. 1997Tissue type transglutaminase (TGase II) is historically a member of the transglutaminase family, which covalently cross-links cellular proteins and polyamines...
- Transglutaminase 5 cross-links loricrin, involucrin, and small proline-rich proteins in vitroE Candi
Biochemistry Laboratory, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata Istituto di Ricerca e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Biol Chem 276:35014-23. 2001..A new member of the TGase family, TGase 5, has been identified recently, and in the present study we evaluated its role in keratinocyte ..
- The transglutaminase, Factor XIIIA, is present in articular chondrocytesA K Rosenthal
Zablocki VAMC, Milwaukee, WI 53295 1000, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 9:578-81. 2001The transglutaminase (TGase) family includes seven different enzymes that catalyse a protein cross-linking reaction resulting in structural and functional alterations in substrate proteins...
- Cloning and overexpression of Bacillus cereus penicillin-binding protein 3 gene in Escherichia coliTakahisa Miyamoto
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, Graduate School, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:44-50. 2002..The active site-motifs SXXK, SXN, and KTG are present at the positions 393, 452, and 590, respectively, in the deduced amino acid sequence...
- Haemolymph parameters of Pacific white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) infected with Taura syndrome virusYen Ling Song
Institute of Zoology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, 106, Republic of China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 14:317-31. 2003..01). Copper and calcium ions, haemocytic transglutaminase (TGase) activity and plasma growth inhibitory activity against Vibrio harveyi also decreased significantly...
- Complex redundancy to build a simple epidermal permeability barrierJulie Segre
Genetics and Molecular Biology Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, 49 Convent Drive, Building 49, Room 4A26, MSC 4442, Bethesda, MD 20892 4442, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 15:776-82. 2003..Molecular analysis of the various mouse mutants has demonstrated common pathways to compensate for loss of the epidermal barrier...
- Role of transglutaminase 1 in stabilisation of intercellular junctions of the vascular endotheliumWerner Baumgartner
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Wurzburg, Koellikerstrasse 6, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 122:17-25. 2004..Simultaneous inhibition of intracellular and extracellular TGase activity by monodansylcadaverine (MDC) strongly weakened barrier properties of MyEnd monolayers, whereas ..
- [Mutation spectrum analysis of transglutaminase gene in Streptomyces fradiae after irradiation by N+ ion]Xiao Qiu Liu
State Key Laboratories of Transducer Technology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 47:265-9. 2007A series of mutants of transglutaminase (TGase) gene from Streptomyces fradiae strains were obtained by low energy N+ ion beam irradiation, and the irradiation dose response curve was also investigated...
- Differential time-series expression of immune-related genes of Pacific white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei in response to dietary inclusion of beta-1,3-glucanYu Chi Wang
Institute of Marine Biology, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan
Fish Shellfish Immunol 24:113-21. 2008..Haemocyanin, crustin, prophenoloxidase (proPO) and transglutaminase (TGase) did not respond to the glucan treatment...
- Rapid detection of homozygous mutations in congenital recessive ichthyosisJennie Lugassy
Department of Dermatology, Laboratory of Molecular Dermatology, Rambam Health Care Campus, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Arch Dermatol Res 300:81-5. 2008..This strategy led to the rapid identification of two novel homozygous CRI-causing mutations in TGM1 (c.2058delC) and FLJ39501 (p.W521X)...
- Heparanase 1: a key participant of inner root sheath differentiation program and hair follicle homeostasisSylvain Malgouries
L Oreal Recherche, Clichy, France
Exp Dermatol 17:1017-23. 2008..IRS distribution of heparanase and the induction of catagen-like involution of hair follicles when a potent heparanase inhibitor is added suggest that heparanase is a key actor of IRS differentiation and hair homeostasis...
- Tissue transglutaminase-induced down-regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-9Jun Seok Ahn
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Kangwon National University, College of Medicine, Hyoja 2 Dong, Chunchon 200 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:743-7. 2008Tissue transglutaminase (TGase 2) has been reported to have multiple functions in addition to its function as a biological adhesive. To identify its roles, we investigated the effects of TGase 2 on gelatinase activity...
- Remodeling of tobacco thylakoids by over-expression of maize plastidial transglutaminaseNikolaos E Ioannidis
Department of Biology, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Biochim Biophys Acta 1787:1215-22. 2009..Here we report the effect of the over-expression of maize (Zea mays) chloroplast TGase in tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum var. Petit Havana) chloroplasts...
- A specific colorimetric assay for measuring transglutaminase 1 and factor XIII activitiesKiyotaka Hitomi
Department of Applied Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nayoya 464 8601, Japan
Anal Biochem 394:281-3. 2009..Using a random peptide library, we recently identified the preferred substrate sequences for three major TGases: TGase 1, TGase 2, and factor XIII...
- The mechanism of transglutaminase 2 inhibition with glucosamine: implications of a possible anti-inflammatory effect through transglutaminase inhibitionKyung Chae Jeong
Cancer Cell and Molecular Biology Branch, Division of Cancer Biology, Research Institute, National Cancer Center, 111 Jungbalsan ro, Ilsandong gu, Goyang, Gyeonggi Do, 410 769, Republic of Korea
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:143-50. 2010..Recently, we found that increased expression of transglutaminase 2 (TGase 2) appears to be responsible for constitutive activation of NF-κB in certain types of cancer cells...
- Transglutaminase catalysis of modified whey protein dispersionsDebra A Clare
Dept of Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences, North Carolina State Univ, Raleigh, NC 27695 7624, USA
J Food Sci 75:C369-77. 2010Transglutaminase (TGase) cross-linking reactions were accomplished using a heat-modified whey protein concentrate (mWPC) substrate after pH adjustment to 8...
- New fluorescent substrates of microbial transglutaminase and its application to peptide tag-directed covalent protein labelingNoriho Kamiya
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Methods Mol Biol 751:81-94. 2011Transglutaminase (TGase) is an enzyme that catalyzes the post-translational covalent cross-linking of Gln- and Lys-containing peptides and/or proteins according to its substrate specificity...
- Effects of microfluidization treatment and transglutaminase cross-linking on physicochemical, functional, and conformational properties of peanut protein isolateXiao Hu
College of Light Industry and Food Sciences, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
J Agric Food Chem 59:8886-94. 2011..isolate (PPI) was treated by high-pressure microfluidization (40, 80, 120, and 160 MPa) and/or transglutaminase (TGase) cross-linking...
- Identification of human salivary transglutaminasesMileidys Perez Alea
Covalab, Research Department, 11 Avenue Albert Einstein, 69100 Villeurbanne, Lyon, France
Amino Acids 44:245-50. 2013..These findings pave the way for future studies on the physiological role of TG in the oral cavity and the potential impact of their deregulation in TG-associated oral diseases...
- K(+)-doped Li(1.2)Mn(0.54)Co(0.13)Ni(0.13)O2: a novel cathode material with an enhanced cycling stability for lithium-ion batteriesQi Li
State Key Laboratory of Structural Chemistry, Fujian Institute of Research on the Structure of Matter, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Fuzhou 350002, P R China
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 6:10330-41. 2014..How to eliminate the detrimental spinel growth is highly challenging in this regard. Herein, in situ K(+)-doped Li1.20Mn0.54Co0.13Ni0.13O2 was successfully prepared using a potassium containing α-MnO2 as the starting material...
- Bathing suit ichthyosis caused by a TGM1 mutation in a Tunisian childRym Benmously-Mlika
Department of Dermatology, Habib Thameur Teaching Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tunis El Manar, Tunis, Tunisia
Int J Dermatol 53:1478-80. 2014..Bathing suit ichthyosis (BSI) is an uncommon phenotype classified as a minor variant of autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis (ARCI)...
- Li(1.2)Mn(0.6)Ni(0.1)Co(0.1)O2 microspheres constructed by hierarchically arranged nanoparticles as lithium battery cathode with enhanced electrochemical performanceP Remith
Electrochemical Power Sources Division, CSIR Central Electrochemical Research Institute, Karaikudi 630006, India
Nanoscale 6:14724-32. 2014..2)Mn(0.6)Ni(0.1)Co(0.1)O2 cathode exhibits an appreciable discharge capacity of 242 mA h g(-1) at a current density of 50 mA g(-1), due to the synergistic effect of the capacity obtained from the rhombohedral and monoclinic phases...
- The LQSP tetrapeptide is a new highly efficient substrate of microbial transglutaminase for the site-specific derivatization of peptides and proteinsAndrea Caporale
Universita di Napoli Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Biotechnol J 10:154-61. 2015..The new substrates are then used in TGAse-mediated conjugation reactions to engraft synthons onto biomolecules...
- Toward a stabilized lattice framework and surface structure of layered lithium-rich cathode materials with Ti modificationSihui Wang
State Key Laboratory of Physical Chemistry of Solid Surfaces, and Department of Chemistry, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, P R China
Phys Chem Chem Phys 17:10151-9. 2015..It therefore leads to an improved retention of energy density of the Ti-modified Li1.2Mn0.54-xTixNi0.13Co0.13O2 (x = 0.04, 0.08, and 0.15) materials during cycling...
- Eliminating voltage decay of lithium-rich li1.14 mn0.54 ni0.14 co0.14 o2 cathodes by controlling the electrochemical processZhen Wei
Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology and Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences Ningbo, Zhejiang 315201 P R China
Chemistry 21:7503-10. 2015A lithium-rich cathode material Li1.14 Mn0.54 Ni0.14 Co0.14 O2 (LNMCO) is prepared by a co-precipitation method. The issue of voltage decay in long-term cycling is largely eliminated by control of the charge-discharge voltage range...
- The addition of transglutaminase improves the physical quality of extruded fish feedJulia Wolska
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre, PO Box 48, 4001, Stavanger, Norway
Biotechnol Lett 37:2265-70. 2015The possibility of improving the physical quality of extruded fish feed using transglutaminase (TGase) treatment at different stages of the production process was investigated.
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF A MAJOR CELL ENVELOPE PROTEINDENNIS ROOP; Fiscal Year: 1999..Since mutations in keratinocyte transglutaminase (TGK) cause lamellar ichthyosis (LI), a severe congenital skin disorder characterized by generalized large scales and ..
- Hasan Mukhtar; Fiscal Year: 2016..This proposal will establish the role of caspase-14 for treatment of psoriasis and in addition will draw attention to the use of delphinidin an anthocyanidin for its treatment. ..
- Chi Huey Wong; Fiscal Year: 2014..Transglycosylase (TGase) is the enzyme responsible for assembling the carbohydrate backbone of the bacterial cell wall: it is essential, ..
- Transglutaminase 2 S-Nitrosylation: Role in Age-Related Vascular StiffnessDan E Berkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, using TG2-/- mice, we show that TG2 is the primary TGase mediating stiffness of conduit arteries, and that it is regulated by endothelium-derived NO...
- Gary E Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2016..mitochondrial enzyme a- ketoglutarate dehydrogenase complex (KGHDC) and an increased activity of transglutaminase (TGase)...
- BARRY FANBURG; Fiscal Year: 2015..This enhanced serotonylation of SMC protein, occurring through the tissue enzyme transglutaminase (TGase), is influenced by the PDGF receptor and possibly other cell surface receptors that have been associated with PH...
- Ann K Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2014..Exposure of normal articular chondrocytes to exogenous transglutaminase (Tgase) enzymes promotes chondrocyte hypertrophy in an integrin-dependent manner...
- Alan E Tomkinson; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Specific Aim 1, we will characterize the complexes formed by yKu, Nej1 and Dnl4/Li1 and functionally homologous human proteins, Ku, DNA ligase IV/XRCC4 and XLF, at DNA ends...
- Thomas Delong; Fiscal Year: 2014..of ChgA-derived peptides can be increased significantly upon treatment with the enzyme tissue transglutaminase (TGase)...
- THE ROLE OF CONTRACTILE PROTEINS IN PLATELETSELENA PUSZKIN; Fiscal Year: 1990This proposal is aimed toward an understanding of a transglutaminase (TGase) recently isolated and characterized in our laboratory from human platelets and smooth muscle tissue, that is different from factor XIIIa...
- G PROTEIN AND PHOSPHOLIPASE C IN HORMONE SIGNALINGMie Jae Im; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our recent studies revealed that Galphah is a multifunctional enzyme Known as tissue type transglutaminase (TGase II). Thus, Galphah possesses two important biological functions the GTPase and transglutaminase activities...
- EPIDERMAL TRANS-ACTING FACTORS IN SKIN DEVELOPMENTRenata Polakowska; Fiscal Year: 1993..4) Determine whether epidermal transglutaminase (TGase I) is regulated by the same factor(s) and whether the synthesis and activity of the trans-acting factor(s) is ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTIVATION OF LATENT TGF BETA BY VASCULAR EDaniel Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2000..also requires the action of urokinase type plasminogen activator (uPA), plasmin, tissue type II transglutaminase (TGase), interaction of the complex with the cell surface mannose 6- phosphate/IGF-II receptor (M6P/IGF-IIr), and active ..
- BASIS OF HOXA7 REGULATION OF EPIDERMAL TRANSGLUTAMINASEPETER LA CELLE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Sequence homology indicates that the KD-enhancer is present in the TGM1 5' promoter region (K3), which contains a Hox DNA recognition core element as well as a 90% identical binding site ..
- Changes in the Cornified Cell Envelope in HPV InfectionDarron Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..To test the hypothesis, we will 1) determine if the El^E4 protein is a TGase substrate or an inhibitor of these enzymes; 2) analyze the effects of El^E4 proteins on the composition and ..
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE PROMOTES CPPD DISEASE IN AGING JOINTSAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..We identified the transglutaminase (Tgase) family of enzymes as important participants in CPPD crystal formation...
- Matrix proteins promote matrix vesicle mineralizationAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this work is to understand the pathogenesis of calcium crystal formation in articular cartilage, so that specific therapies for this disabling disease can be designed. ..
- Mitochondiral enzymes/oxidative stress in Alzheimer'sGary Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2004..These models will also provide systems to test the efficacy of approaches to limit or reverse the changes in mitochondria. ..
- Regulation of cAMP production by tissue transglutaminaseJanusz Tucholski; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of these studies will provide important new information on the function of tTG in neurons and provide the basis for an R01 application. ..
- Beta-Amyloid Protofibrils Cause AD Neuronal DysfunctionDean Hartley; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- AGE/NUTRITION/GENES IN MODELS OF PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERSGary Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2007..An understanding of these mechanisms will likely suggest new ways to overcome the consequences of the mild, chronic impairment of oxidative metabolism that accompanies numerous age-related neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- MECHANISM OF TRANSGLUTAMINASE TYPE I REGULATION BY HOXA7PETER LA CELLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..and cis-acting elements that regulate differentiation-specific epidermal genes, such as transglutaminase type 1 (TGM1)...
- SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION SYSTEMS IN ALZHEIMERS DISEASEGary Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- HEMIDESMOSOMAL PROTEIN LINKAGE MAP BY TWO-HYBRID SYSTEMSirpa Aho; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- ROLE OF PRE FIBRILLAR AMYLOID IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEDean Hartley; Fiscal Year: 2002....