Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TGFB2
Description: transforming growth factor beta 2
Alias: G-TSF, LDS4, TGF-beta2, transforming growth factor beta-2, BSC-1 cell growth inhibitor, cetermin, glioblastoma-derived T-cell suppressor factor, polyergin, prepro-transforming growth factor beta-2
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- The effect of TGF-beta2 on elastin, type VI collagen, and components of the proteolytic degradation system in human optic nerve astrocytesCarolin Neumann
Department of Anatomy II, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1464-72. 2008....
- Detection of implantation-related cytokines in cervicovaginal secretions and peripheral blood of fertile women during ovulatory menstrual cyclesAntonio R Gargiulo
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Fertil Steril 82:1226-34. 2004..To determine whether cytokines implicated in uterine receptivity are detectable in cervicovaginal secretions and/or serum of fertile women, and whether their concentrations undergo hormonal regulation during the menstrual cycle...
- Epithelial-derived TGF-beta2 modulates basal and wound-healing subepithelial matrix homeostasisH Garrett R Thompson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 2715, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L1277-85. 2006..We conclude that epithelial-derived TGF-beta2 is secreted in response to injury, significantly alters the bulk optical properties of the extracellular matrix, and its tight regulation may be required for normal collagen homeostasis...
- Expression of TGF-beta isoforms, TGF-beta receptors, and SMAD molecules at different stages of human gliomaC Kjellman
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Section of Tumor Immunology, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Int J Cancer 89:251-8. 2000..No marked increase in the expression of soluble CD95 splicing variants was found in the gliomas compared with normal tissue. However, total CD95 mRNA was elevated among GBM tissues...
- Cellular response to hypoxia involves signaling via Smad proteinsHong Zhang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The Division of Hematology Oncology, Center for Cardiovascular and Molecular Medicine, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Blood 101:2253-60. 2003..Autocrine regulation of TGF-beta2 production in hypoxia may involve cross-talk between Smad3 and HIF-1alpha signaling pathways, and could be an important mechanism by which endothelial cells respond to hypoxic stress...
- TGF-beta isoforms in renal fibrogenesisLing Yu
Fibrosis Research Laboratory, Division of Nephrology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Kidney Int 64:844-56. 2003..Isoform-specific antibodies were used to determine the relative contribution of these isoforms to matrix protein production...
- The role of versican isoforms V0/V1 in glioma migration mediated by transforming growth factor-beta2F Arslan
Department of Neurology, University of Regensburg, Universitaetsstrasse 84, Regensburg 93053, Germany
Br J Cancer 96:1560-8. 2007..Taken together, we report here that TGF-beta2 triggers the malignant phenotype of high-grade gliomas by induction of migration, and that this effect is, at least in part, mediated by versican V0/V1...
- Quantitative analysis of transforming growth factor beta isoforms mRNA in the human corneal epitheliumB Strzalka
Department of Molecular Biology, Medical University of Silesia, Sosnowiec, Poland
Folia Biol (Praha) 54:46-52. 2008..We found different expression of the TGF-beta1, -2 and -3 isoforms in the human corneal epithelium. Such differential expression of TGF-betas suggests that each of them may play a specific role in corneal tissue...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 4 inhibits TGF-beta2 stimulation of extracellular matrix proteins in optic nerve head cells: role of gremlin in ECM modulationGulab S Zode
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Glia 57:755-66. 2009..Modulation of the ECM via gremlin provides a novel therapeutic target for glaucoma...
- Sclera-related gene polymorphisms in high myopiaHui Ju Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 404, Taiwan
Mol Vis 15:1655-63. 2009..Our aim was to examine the association between myopia and the polymorphisms within TGF-beta2, bFGF, and FMOD...
- Influence of race and age on aqueous humor levels of transforming growth factor-beta 2 in glaucomatous and nonglaucomatous eyesRupal H Trivedi
Department of Ophthalmology, Storm Eye Institute, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 27:477-80. 2011..To evaluate the influence of race and age on aqueous humor levels of transforming growth factor-beta 2 (TGF-β2)...
- IL-1β and TGFβ2 synergistically induce endothelial to mesenchymal transition in an NFκB-dependent mannerMonika Maleszewska
Department of Pathology and Medical Biology, Cardiovascular Regenerative Medicine Research Group, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Immunobiology 218:443-54. 2013..Therefore our findings provide new insights into the mechanisms of pathological EndMT...
- Loss-of-function mutations in TGFB2 cause a syndromic presentation of thoracic aortic aneurysmMark E Lindsay
Helen B Taussig Children s Heart Center, Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 44:922-7. 2012..Furthermore, haploinsufficient Tgfb2(+/-) mice have aortic root aneurysm and biochemical evidence of increased canonical and noncanonical TGF-β ..
- TGFB2 mutations cause familial thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections associated with mild systemic features of Marfan syndromeCatherine Boileau
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U698, Hopital Bichat, Paris, France
Nat Genet 44:916-21. 2012..thoracic aortic disease followed by whole-exome sequencing of affected relatives identified causative mutations in TGFB2. These mutations-a frameshift mutation in exon 6 and a nonsense mutation in exon 4-segregated with disease with a ..
- TGFβRIIb mutations trigger aortic aneurysm pathogenesis by altering transforming growth factor β2 signal transductionKatharine J Bee
Center for Molecular Cardiology, Greenberg Division of Cardiology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 5:621-9. 2012....
- A 1-bp duplication in TGFB2 in three family members with a syndromic form of thoracic aortic aneurysmRuth Leutermann
Department of Human Genetics, Center for Obstetrics and Paediatrics, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 22:944-8. 2014..that overlap the MFS-LDS spectrum has been described to be caused by heterozygous loss-of-function mutations in TGFB2, encoding the TGF-β2 ligand of TGF-β serine/threonine kinase receptors (TGFBRs)...
- The role of transforming growth factor beta in Dupuytren's diseaseM A Badalamente
Department of Orthopaedics, State University of New York at Stony Brook 11794, USA
J Hand Surg Am 21:210-5. 1996..However, TGF-beta2 had the most significant proliferative effect...
- Comparison of craniofacial phenotype in craniosynostotic rabbits treated with anti-Tgf-beta2 at suturectomy siteBrenda C Frazier
Department of Anthropology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 45:571-82. 2008..We examined the effects of localized transforming growth factor-beta 2 inhibition on craniofacial phenotype in rabbits with craniosynostosis...
- Transforming growth factor beta isoforms regulation of Akt activity and XIAP levels in rat endometrium during estrous cycle, in a model of pseudopregnancy and in cultured decidual cellsPierre Luc Caron
Départment de Chimie Biologie, Groupe de Recherche en Biopathologies Cellulaires et Moléculaires, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, C P 500, Trois Rivieres, Quebec, G9A 5H7, Canada
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:80. 2009....
- Nasal mucosal immunoexpression of the mast cell chemoattractants TGF-beta, eotaxin, and stem cell factor and their receptors in allergic rhinitisRami J Salib
Department of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, Division of Asthma, Allergy and Inflammation, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:799-806. 2004..Allergic rhinitis is characterized by the epithelial accumulation of cells, particularly mast cells and eosinophils. There is little information relating to the chemotaxins responsible for mast cell epithelial accumulation in this disease...
- TGF beta2-induced changes in LRP-1/T beta R-V and the impact on lysosomal A beta uptake and neurotoxicityPirooz Eslami
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Brain Res 1241:176-87. 2008..Our data support a key role for low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein/transforming growth factor beta receptor V in mediating transforming growth factor beta2 enhancement of amyloid beta peptide uptake and neurotoxicity...
- Insulin-like growth factor II receptor, transforming growth factor-beta, and Cdk4 expression and the developmental epigenetics of mouse palate morphogenesis and dysmorphogenesisM Melnick
Laboratory for Developmental Genetics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0641, USA
Dev Dyn 211:11-25. 1998..We present an epigenetic model of information processing related to cell proliferation. The model is a dynamical network that uses continuous logic to learn its rules from changing conditions...
- Mechanisms of mitotic inhibition in corneal endothelium: contact inhibition and TGF-beta2Nancy C Joyce
Schepens Eye Research Institute, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:2152-9. 2002..Studies were then extended to cultured cells to more directly compare the effects of TGF-beta2 and cell-cell contact on the relative protein and mRNA expression of the CKIs, p27kip1, and p15INK4b...
- 1,25-Dihydroxy vitamin D3 is an autocrine regulator of extracellular matrix turnover and growth factor release via ERp60-activated matrix vesicle matrix metalloproteinasesB D Boyan
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0363, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 189:70-4. 2009..Chondrocytes secrete 1,25(OH)(2)D(3), which acts directly on MV-membranes via ERp60, releasing MMPs. MMP-specific ECM components are hydrolyzed, resulting in release and activation of growth factors that can act back on the cells...
- Transforming growth factor-beta, Smad, and collagen expression patterns in fetal and adult keratinocytesAmy S Colwell
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, Children s Surgical Research Program, Tissue Regeneration Laboratory, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5148, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:852-7. 2007....
- Comparing transforming growth factor-beta2, talc and bleomycin as pleurodesing agents in sheepY C Gary Lee
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, St Thomas Hospital, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Respirology 7:209-16. 2002....
- Transforming growth factor-beta3 perturbs the inter-Sertoli tight junction permeability barrier in vitro possibly mediated via its effects on occludin, zonula occludens-1, and claudin-11W Y Lui
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocrinology 142:1865-77. 2001..These results suggest that TGF-beta plays a crucial role in regulating the complicated biochemical events of junction assembly in the testis...
- Pathogenesis of cleft palate in TGF-beta3 knockout miceY Taya
Division of Cells, Immunology and Development, School of Biological Sciences, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Development 126:3869-79. 1999....
- Factors affecting the outcome of trabeculectomy: an analysis based on combined data from two phase III studies of an antibody to transforming growth factor beta2, CAT-152Franz Grehn
University Eye Hospital, Würztburg, Germany
Ophthalmology 114:1831-8. 2007..To determine the factors affecting trabeculectomy success...
- Profile of cytokines in aqueous humor from corneal graft recipientsI Dekaris
Lions Croatian Eye Bank, Department of Ophthalmology, Holy Ghost General Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 42:650-6. 2001..The aim of this study was to determine cytokine profile in aqueous humor of patients undergoing corneal transplantation, and to establish whether cytokine profile at the time of surgery influenced corneal graft outcome...
- Transforming growth factor-beta3 (Tgf-beta3) down-regulates Tgf-beta3 receptor type I (Tbetar-I) during rescue of cranial sutures from osseous obliterationL A Opperman
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Center for Craniofacial Research and Diagnosis, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas 75266 0677, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 5:5-16. 2002..Addition of Tgf-beta3 to calvaria in culture decreased the number of Tbetar-I expressing cells in both fusing and non-fusing sutures, with dramatic decreases in the numbers of osteoblasts expressing Tbetar-I...
- Expression of lysyl oxidase and transforming growth factor beta2 in women with severe pelvic organ prolapseWilliam Kobak
Illinois Urogynecology, Oak Lawn, USA
J Reprod Med 50:827-31. 2005To determine the mRNA expression of lysyl oxidase (LOX) and transforming growth factor beta2 (TGF beta2) in subjects with advanced pelvic organ prolapse as compared to asymptomatic controls.
- Progestin-induced apoptosis in the Macaque ovarian epithelium: differential regulation of transforming growth factor-betaGustavo C Rodriguez
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:50-60. 2002..We determined the effect of progestin on TGF-beta expression in the primate ovarian epithelium and examined the relationship between TGF-beta expression and apoptosis...
- Transforming growth factor-beta in the chicken fundal layers: an immunohistochemical studyUte Mathis
Ophthalmic Research Institute, Section of Neurobiology of the Eye, Calwerstrasse 7 1, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Exp Eye Res 90:780-90. 2010....
- Induction of endochondral bone formation by recombinant human transforming growth factor-beta2 in the baboon (Papio ursinus)U Ripamonti
Bone Research Laboratory, Medical Research Council University of the Witwatersrand, Medical School, Johannesburg, South Africa
Growth Factors 17:269-85. 2000....
- Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) modulate tenascin-C and fibrillin-1 in bullous keratopathy stromal cells in vitroM Cristina Kenney
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 101 The City Drive, Building 55, Room 220, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Exp Eye Res 77:537-46. 2003..Our goal is to determine if the growth factors/cytokines that are elevated in PBK corneas alter the expression of extracellular matrix (ECM) and/or degradative enzymes in vitro...
- Hypoxia/reoxygenation and TGF-beta increase alphaB-crystallin expression in human optic nerve head astrocytesAlice L Yu
Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Exp Eye Res 84:694-706. 2007..Therefore, optimization of conditions leading to hypoxia/reoxygenation in the ONH of glaucomatous patients may help to lower the incidence of characteristic changes in the optic nerve...
- Distribution of TGF-beta, the TGF-beta type I receptor and the R-II receptor in peripheral nerves and mechanoreceptors; observations on changes after traumatic injuryB Stark
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Brain Res 913:47-56. 2001..Merkel cells were receptors I and II immunoreactive. In conclusion, cutaneous and subcutaneous mechanoreceptors differ with regard to the expression of TGF-beta isoforms and receptors...
- Tgf-beta1, Tgf-beta2, Tgf-beta3 and Msx2 expression is elevated during frontonasal suture morphogenesis and during active postnatal facial growthK Adab
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas 75246, USA
Orthod Craniofac Res 5:227-37. 2002....
- Connective tissue growth factor induces extracellular matrix deposition in human trabecular meshwork cellsBenjamin Junglas
Institute of Human Anatomy and Embryology, University of Regensburg, Universitätsstr 31, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Exp Eye Res 88:1065-75. 2009....
- Retinoid-induced limb defects 2: involvement of TGF-beta 2 in retinoid-induced inhibition of limb bud developmentH Tsuiki
Developmental Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan
Reprod Toxicol 13:113-22. 1999....
- Increased levels of transforming growth factor-betal and -beta2 in the aqueous humor of patients with neovascular glaucomaXiao Bo Yu
Department of Ophthalmology, Shanghai Eye and ENT Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 38:6-14. 2007..To measure the concentrations of transforming growth factor-betal and beta2 (TGF-beta1 and TGF-beta2) in the aqueous humor of patients with neovascular glaucoma (NVG)...
- Effects of TGFbeta2 on collagen synthesis in cultured normal and wounded fetal mouse palatesS A Thompson
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 36:425-33. 1999..Since collagen is an integral part of the extracellular matrix in adult scar formation, we studied the synthesis and localization of collagen in an in vitro mouse palate model for fetal wound healing...
- Effects of dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids on in vivo splenic cytokine mRNA expression in layer chicks immunized with Salmonella typhimurium lipopolysaccharideJ W Sijben
Adaptation Physiology Group, Wageningen Institute of Animal Sciences, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
Poult Sci 80:1164-70. 2001..The observation that mRNA level of IL-2, but not the mRNA levels of IFN-gamma or MGF, is enhanced by dietary fish oil at 2 h suggests that dietary PUFA at this moment initially affected naïve T lymphocytes...
- A phase III study of subconjunctival human anti-transforming growth factor beta(2) monoclonal antibody (CAT-152) to prevent scarring after first-time trabeculectomyPeng Khaw
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 114:1822-30. 2007....
- Clinical phenotypes, ALK1 gene mutation and level of related plasma proteins in Chinese hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaGuang Sen Zhang
Division of Hematology, Institute of Molecular Hematology, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 117:808-12. 2004..The level of related plasma proteins (transforming growth factor beta and thrombomodulin) were also analyzed...
- Prostaglandin PGE2 at very low concentrations suppresses collagen cleavage in cultured human osteoarthritic articular cartilage: this involves a decrease in expression of proinflammatory genes, collagenases and COL10A1, a gene linked to chondrocyte hypertElena V Tchetina
Shriners Hospitals for Children, Department of Surgery, McGill University, 1529 Cedar Avenue, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1A6, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R75. 2007..Together these initial observations reveal the importance of very low concentrations of PGE2 in maintaining a more normal chondrocyte phenotype...
- TGF-beta2 in human retinal pigment epithelial cells: expression and secretion regulated by cholinergic signals in vitroJia Tan
Department of Ophthalmology, Xiangya Medical College, Central South University, Changsha, China
Curr Eye Res 35:37-44. 2010..To investigate the (i) effect(s) of cholinergics on the expression and secretion of transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta(2) in human retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) and (ii) mechanism of action of atropine in the treatment of myopia...
- Transforming growth factor-beta2 induces pleurodesis significantly faster than talcY C Gary Lee
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, St Thomas Hospital and Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37202
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:640-4. 2001..TGF-beta2 stimulated more collagen deposition without inducing excess inflammation when compared with talc slurry. TGF-beta2 may have advantages over talc slurry in the management of recurrent pleural effusion and pneumothorax...
- TGF-beta2 inhibits AKT activation and FGF-2-induced corneal endothelial cell proliferationJiawei Lu
Institute of Health Science, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Exp Cell Res 312:3631-40. 2006..These findings suggest that the mitogenic response to FGF-2 in vivo in the corneal endothelial layer may be inhibited by TGF-beta2-induced suppression of the PI3-kinase/AKT signaling pathway...
- [Influence of disulfiram on the expression of transforming growth factor-beta2 in form-deprived eyes in chicks]Fang Xie
Peking University Eye Center, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 40:610-5. 2008....
- Osteoblastic responses to TGF-beta during bone remodelingA Erlebacher
Departments of Growth and Development, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Mol Biol Cell 9:1903-18. 1998..These results suggest that TGF-beta is a physiological regulator of osteoblast differentiation and acts as a central component of the coupling of bone formation to resorption during bone remodeling...
- Reversal of tamoxifen resistance of human breast carcinomas in vivo by neutralizing antibodies to transforming growth factor-betaC L Arteaga
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Vanderbilt Cancer Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 5536, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:46-53. 1999..We investigated whether inhibition of TGF-beta2, which is overexpressed in LCC2 tamoxifen-resistant human breast cancer cells, could modify antiestrogen resistance...
- Transforming growth factor-beta2 inhibition of corneal endothelial proliferation mediated by prostaglandinKo Hua Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, 201 Shih Pai Road, Section II, Taipei, 11217 Taiwan
Curr Eye Res 26:363-70. 2003..To determine the influence of Prostaglandin (PG) E2 on transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta2-mediated inhibitory effects on the proliferation of corneal endothelial cells (CE)...
- Co-expression of the TGF-beta1 and TGF- beta2 isoforms in nasal polyps and in healthy mucosaBeata Rostkowska-Nadolska
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Wrocław Medical University, Wrocław, Poland
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 61:702-7. 2007....
- Chondrogenic differentiation of adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells: greater doses of growth factor are necessaryHye Joung Kim
Department of Orthopaedics, Dongguk University International Hospital, 814 Siksa dong, Goyang, 411 773, South of Korea
J Orthop Res 27:612-9. 2009..These results lend a further support to the application of ATMSCs for cartilage tissue engineering...
- Transforming growth factor-beta gene expression in normal and fibrotic rat liverP J De Bleser
Laboratory for Cell Biology and Histology, Free University Brussels V U B, Belgium
J Hepatol 26:886-93. 1997..To understand the mechanism(s) by which TGF-beta exerts its action(s), we investigated the cellular distribution of TGF-beta(1,2,3) transcripts in normal and carbon tetrachloride (CCl4)-induced fibrotic rat liver...
- Proteoglycans in the eyeHidenobu Tanihara
Cornea 21:S62-9. 2002..Various proteoglycans are expressed in ocular tissues. We investigated and reviewed the distribution and the potential roles of proteoglycans in cornea, trabecular meshwork, and retinal tissues...
- In vitro chondrogenesis of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal progenitor cells in monolayer culture: activation by transfection with TGF-beta2Wei guo Wang
Department of Orthopedics, Peking University Third Hospital, 100083 Beijing, PR China
Tissue Cell 35:69-77. 2003....
- Rat testicular germ cells and Sertoli cells release different types of bioactive transforming growth factor beta in vitroBart L Haagmans
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, POBox 80, 176, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:3. 2003..These results strengthen the hypothesis that TGF-beta's may play a physiological role in germ cell proliferation/differentiation and Sertoli cell function...
- Delivery of transforming growth factor-beta2-perturbing antibody in a collagen vehicle inhibits cranial suture fusion in calvarial organ cultureAmr M Moursi
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Ohio State University, Postle Hall, Room 4126, 305 West 12th Avenue, PO Box 182357, Columbus, OH 43218 2357, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 40:225-32. 2003..To determine whether antibody perturbation of Tgf-beta, delivered in a collagen gel, could inhibit cranial suture fusion...
- Circulating levels of osteoclast activating cytokines, interleukin-11 and transforming growth factor-beta2, as valuable biomarkers for the assessment of bone turnover in postmenopausal osteoporosisMohamed Shaarawy
Endocrinology and Maternal Biochemistry Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Clin Lab 49:625-36. 2003..In conclusion, both serum IL-11 and TGF-beta2 determinations may be considered as biomarkers for the assessment of bone turnover and for monitoring antiresorptive therapy in postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Effect of the abrogation of TGF-beta1 by antisense oligonucleotides on the expression of TGF-beta-isoforms and their receptors I and II in isolated fibroblasts from keloid scarsGregor M Bran
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital of Mannheim, D 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Int J Mol Med 25:915-21. 2010..Improving the understanding of TGF-beta in keloid disease could lead to the development of clinically useful therapeutic modalities for treatment of keloid disease or even allow identification of preventive strategies...
- An unusual feature revealed by the crystal structure at 2.2 A resolution of human transforming growth factor-beta 2M P Schlunegger
Department of Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals Division, Ciba Geigy, Basel, Switzerland
Nature 358:430-4. 1992..The structure provides a suitable model for the TGF-beta s and other members of the super-family and is the basis for the analysis of the TGF-beta 2 interactions with the receptor...
- Expression of N-cadherin, N-CAM, fibronectin and tenascin is stimulated by TGF-beta1, beta2, beta3 and beta5 during the formation of precartilage condensationsJ Chimal-Monroy
Department of Cell Biology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, UNAM, Mexico D F, Mexico
Int J Dev Biol 43:59-67. 1999....
- Transforming growth factor beta1 suppresses nonmetastatic colon cancer at an early stage of tumorigenesisS J Engle
Department of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, and Microbiology, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Cancer Res 59:3379-86. 1999..These mice provide a unique opportunity to investigate the specific role of TGF-beta1 at this critical transition in the development of colon cancer...
- Transforming growth factor-beta mRNA and protein in hypertrophic scar tissues and fibroblasts: antagonism by IFN-alpha and IFN-gamma in vitro and in vivoE E Tredget
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Interferon Cytokine Res 20:143-51. 2000..Elevations of systemic TGF-beta may be due to wound fibroblasts. TGF-beta synthesis and antagonism of fibroblast TGF-beta protein secretion occurs with either IFN-alpha or IFN-gamma, in part by downregulation of TGF-beta1 mRNA levels...
- Type III TGF-beta receptor-independent signalling of TGF-beta2 via TbetaRII-B, an alternatively spliced TGF-beta type II receptorD Rotzer
Department of Physiological Chemistry II, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
EMBO J 20:480-90. 2001..The expression of TbetaRII-B is restricted to cells originating from tissues such as bone where the isoform TGF-beta2 has a predominant role. This reflects the importance of this receptor in TGF-beta isoform-specific signalling...
- Activation of the TGF-beta/activin-Smad2 pathway during allergic airway inflammationA Rosendahl
Department of Molecular Sciences and Biosciences, AstraZeneca R and D Lund, Scheelevagen 2, S 221 87 Lund, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 25:60-8. 2001....
- Growth factor-binding sequence in human alpha2-macroglobulin targets the receptor-binding site in transforming growth factor-betaSanja Arandjelovic
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, Box 800214, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Biochemistry 42:6121-7. 2003..The same peptides also inhibited the activity of TGF-beta1 in endothelial cell proliferation assays. These results demonstrate that alpha(2)M-derived peptides target the receptor-binding sequence in TGF-beta...
- Glioblastoma and cerebral microvascular endothelial cell migration in response to tumor-associated growth factorsMarc Alexander Brockmann
Hans Dietrich Herrmann Laboratory for Brain Tumor Biology, Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Neurosurgery 52:1391-9; discussion 1399. 2003..Several growth factors are thought to be involved in glioma cell migration; however, little is known about their motogenic potency relative to one another...
- Involvement of transforming growth factor-beta in regulation of calcium transients in diabetic vascular smooth muscle cellsKumar Sharma
Dorrance Hamilton Research Laboratories, Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Suite 353, Jeff Alumni Hall, 1020 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F1258-70. 2003..We conclude that TGF-beta plays an important role in the vascular dysfunction of early diabetes by inhibiting calcium transients in vascular smooth muscle cells...
- Effect of propranolol on cardiac cytokine expression after myocardial infarction in ratsAlexander Deten
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 251:127-37. 2003..Replacement by scar tissue, however, was not affected as indicated by normal collagen expression...
- The effects of transforming growth factor-beta2 on dopaminergic graft survivalShannon L Macauley
Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, MA 01701, USA
Cell Transplant 13:245-52. 2004..Further studies, possibly in combination with other neurotrophic factors, need to be performed to obtain a greater understanding of the effects of TGF-beta on dopamine neurons and fetal VM cell engraftment...
- High TGF-beta2 levels during primary retinal detachment may protect against proliferative vitreoretinopathySuzanne C Dieudonné
Eye Research Institute Maastricht, Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:4113-8. 2004..The exact role of these factors in the early events, immediately after primary retinal detachment, is not yet known, and determining their roles was therefore the purpose of this study...
- Expression of Smad7 in mouse eyes accelerates healing of corneal tissue after exposure to alkaliShizuya Saika
Department of Ophthalmology, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama, 641 0012, Japan
Am J Pathol 166:1405-18. 2005..Together these data suggest that overexpression of Smad7 may have effects beyond those of simply blocking Smad3/TGF-beta signaling and may represent an effective new strategy for treatment of ocular burns...
- Transforming growth factor-beta2 enhances differentiation of cardiac myocytes from embryonic stem cellsDinender Kumar Singla
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05446, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:135-41. 2005..In conclusion, TGF-beta2 but not TGF-beta1, or -beta3 promotes cardiac myocyte differentiation from ES cells...
- Increased milk levels of transforming growth factor-alpha, beta1, and beta2 during Escherichia coli-induced mastitisA Chockalingam
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, 16802, USA
J Dairy Sci 88:1986-93. 2005....
- Obese state leads to elevated levels of TGF-beta and COX isoforms in platelets of Zucker ratsJayadev Raju
Department of Biology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biochem 284:19-24. 2006....
- Role of increased transforming growth factor beta protein expression in the pathogenesis of Peyronie's diseaseHowayda Hassoba
Departments of Clinical Pathology, Suez Canal University, Egypt
Egypt J Immunol 12:1-8. 2005..In conclusion, TGF-beta1 protein expression is significantly associated with Peyronie's disease and may be a direct cause for its development. This finding may be of help in the prevention and treatment of this disease...
- Biological activity of bovine milk on proliferation of human intestinal cellsStig Purup
Department of Animal Health, Welfare and Nutrition, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Research Centre Foulum, PO Box 50, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Dairy Res 74:58-65. 2007..The changes in growth-promoting activity with stage of lactation were probably related to changes in concentrations of several growth factors...
- TGF-beta1 and TGF-beta2 expression after traumatic human spinal cord injuryA Buss
Department of Neurology, Aachen University Hospital, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Spinal Cord 46:364-71. 2008..Immunohistochemical investigation in control and lesioned human spinal cords...
- A quantitative trait locus on chromosome 4 affects cycling of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells through regulation of TGF-beta 2 responsivenessSerine Avagyan
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Immunol 181:5904-11. 2008..4). Tgfb2(+/-) mice have a smaller and more slowly cycling HSPC compartment, which has a decreased serial repopulation ..
- Transforming growth factor-beta2 is a molecular determinant for site-specific melanoma metastasis in the brainChenyu Zhang
Department of Cancer Biology, Cancer Metastasis Research Center, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1429, USA
Cancer Res 69:828-35. 2009..These data show that TGF-beta2 expression by murine melanoma cells is necessary for the establishment and growth of metastases in the brain parenchyma...
- [Rate of undernutrition and response to specific nutritional therapy in Crohn's disease]P Costas Armada
Unidad de Nutrición, Hospital Universitario de Vigo
Nutr Hosp 24:161-6. 2009..to determine the rate of malnutrition in patients with Crohn's disease in our area (Substudy A). We assess in long-term the response of malnourished patients to treatment of nutritional supplement with TGF-beta2 (Substudy B)...
- Posttraumatic temporal TGF-β mRNA expression in lens epithelial cells of paediatric patientsP Berezowski
Division of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
Folia Biol (Praha) 58:24-9. 2012The aim of the study was to determine temporal TGFB1, TGFB2 and TGFB3 gene expression profiles in the anterior lens capsule of paediatric patients with posttraumatic cataract...
- TGF-β mediates proinflammatory seminal fluid signaling in human cervical epithelial cellsDavid J Sharkey
University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Immunol 189:1024-35. 2012..Our findings suggest that TGF-β in the male partner's seminal fluid may influence cervical immune function after coitus in women, and potentially be a determinant of fertility, as well as defense from infection...
- Runx3 expression and its roles in mouse endometrial cellsYukiko Tsuchiya
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Reprod Dev 58:592-8. 2012..Estradiol-17β (E2) increased Tgfb2 mRNA levels in endometrial stromal cells of Runx3(-/-) mice, but not in those of wild-type mice...
- Control of epigenetic states by WT1 via regulation of de novo DNA methyltransferase 3AMarianna Szemes
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Hum Mol Genet 22:74-83. 2013..of WT1 in Wilms' tumour cells can lead to reactivation of gene expression from methylated promoters, such as TGFB2, a key modulator of epithelial-mesenchymal transitions...
- Migration of CD11b+ accessory cells during murine lung regenerationKenji Chamoto
Laboratory of Adaptive and Regenerative Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Stem Cell Res 10:267-77. 2013..Angpt1, Il1b, and Mmp8, Mmp9, Ncam1, Sele, Sell, Selp in the alveolar airspace and Adamts2, Ecm1, Egf, Mmp7, Npr1, Tgfb2 in the interstitial tissue (>4-fold regulation; p<.05)...
- Induction of the expression of genes encoding TGF-beta isoforms and their receptors by inositol hexaphosphate in human colon cancer cellsMałgorzata Kapral
Department of Biochemistry, Medical University of Silesia, Narcyzow 1, 41 200 Sosnowiec, Poland
Acta Pol Pharm 70:357-63. 2013..The findings of this study indicate that one of anti-cancer abilities of IP6 can be realized by enhancing the gene expression of TGF-beta isoforms and their receptors at the transcriptional level...
- Expression of ALDH1 and TGFβ2 in benign and malignant breast tumors and their prognostic implicationsRongsheng Zheng
Department of Medical Oncology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Bengbu Medical College Bengbu 233004, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:4173-83. 2014..The ALDH1 phenotype is an independent predictor of poor prognosis, and TGFβ2 signaling pathway activation might be involved in the pathological regulation of ALDH1 in breast cancer. ..
- Further delineation of Loeys-Dietz syndrome type 4 in a family with mild vascular involvement and a TGFB2 splicing mutationMarco Ritelli
Division of Biology and Genetics, Department of Molecular and Translational Medicine, Medical Faculty, University of Brescia, Viale Europa 11, Brescia 25123, Italy
BMC Med Genet 15:91. 2014..encoding the TGF-β receptor (LDS1 and LDS2), SMAD3 encoding the TGF-β receptor cytoplasmic effector (LDS3), and TGFB2 encoding the TGF-β2 ligand (LDS4)...
- Effects of transforming growth factor-β2 on myocilin expression and secretion in human primary cultured trabecular meshwork cellsYuyu Wu
Department of Ophthalmology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Fujian Medical University Quanzhou, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:4827-36. 2014..699 pg/ml; all P < 0.05). In Conclusion, TGF-β2 induced MYOC expression and secretion in human primary cultured TM cells. Further investigations are required to confirm the involvement of these two factors in POAG pathogenesis. ..
- TGF-β2 secretion from RPE decreases with polarization and becomes apically orientedLouis Hirsch
Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, United States
Cytokine 71:394-6. 2015..Comparable secretion of TGF-β from polarized hESC-RPE and hRPE supports the potential for hESC-RPE in RPE replacement therapies. ..
- TGF-β2 induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cultured human lens epithelial cells through activation of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathwayRui Guo
Postgraduate Institute, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510515, P R China
Mol Med Rep 13:1105-10. 2016..Therefore, the results of the present study indicated that TGF-β2 induces EMT by activating the PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathway in cultured HLECs...
- Phylogeography, inter-specific limits and diversification of Turdus ignobilis (Aves: Turdidae)Pablo Vieira Cerqueira
Curso de Pós Graduação de Zoologia, Universidade Federal do Pará Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi, Av Perimetral, n 1901, Caixa Postal 399, Terra Firme, CEP 66040 170 Belém, Para, Brazil
Mol Phylogenet Evol 97:177-86. 2016..We estimated gene and species trees based on both mitochondrial (ND2 and COI) and nuclear (TGFB2 and G3PDH) genes, which recovered, with high statistical support, the polyphyly of Turdus ignobilis, as currently ..
- Mapping of the porcine urate oxidase and transforming growth factor beta 2 genes by fluorescence in situ hybridizationG Rettenberger
Institut für Nutztierwissenschaften, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule ETH Z, Zurich, Switzerland
Chromosome Res 4:147-50. 1996We have mapped two genes from human chromosome 1, urate oxidase (UOX) and transforming growth factor beta 2 (TGFB2), by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) in the pig genome...
- TGF-betas synthesized by RPE cells have autocrine activity on mesenchymal transformation and cell proliferationS C Lee
Department of Ophthalmology and Institute of Vision Research, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 42:271-7. 2001..These findings demonstrate that TGF-beta-stimulated RPE cells may evoke proliferative vitreoretinopathy through mesenchymal transformation and cell proliferation...
- Glioma cell invasion: regulation of metalloproteinase activity by TGF-betaW Wick
Department of Neurology, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Neurooncol 53:177-85. 2001..By virtue of its promotion of glioma invasion and its growth regulatory and immunomodulatory properties. TGF-beta continues to be one of the most promising targets for the experimental therapy of human malignant glioma...
- Astrocyte protection of neurons: role of transforming growth factor-beta signaling via a c-Jun-AP-1 protective pathwayKrishnan M Dhandapani
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Program in Neurobiology, and Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 278:43329-39. 2003..Taken together, these studies suggest that astrocytes can protect neurons from serum deprivation-induced cell death, at least in part, by release of TGF-beta and activation of a c-Jun/AP-1 protective pathway...
- PREGNANCY INDUCED REACTIVATION OF ARRESTED HOOKWORMSPrema Arasu; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide important results for the development of therapeutic strategies to eradicate latent parasitic infections. ..
- Regulation of Periostin by TGFbeta and BMP in Heart DevelopmentThomas Doetschman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, reduced Postn in the thickened Tgfb2-/- valves correlates with increased Tgf21 ligand gene expression and increased Bmp signaling...
- Interactions between TGFbeta and retinoid signaling in cardiac developmentLoretta L Hoover; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Transforming growth factor beta 2 (TGF(32), a cytokine affecting cellular growth, differentiation, and apoptosis is upregulated in the ..
- Daniel B Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2016..the impaired terminal alveolar development phenotype observed in mice deficient in LTBP-4 by generating Ltbp4-/-;Tgfb2-/- mice and thereby lowering TGF-[unreadable] levels...
- ANTERIOR OCULAR SEGMENT PHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGYPaul Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2009..proteins (caldesmon and C3), (3) create a new primate model of glaucoma by excess exposure to cochlin or TGFb2 which will be more relevant for studies of glaucoma targeting aqueous outflow enhancement, (4) determine the ..
- HANS WILLEM E SNOECK; Fiscal Year: 2016..These mice, as well as Tgfb2+/- mice and congenic and transgenic mice with delayed or accelerated thymic involution, will be further examined ..
- REPAIR AND REGENERATION IN THE CORNEAL STROMAM Elizabeth Fini; Fiscal Year: 2011..However, it could be argued that surgical outcomes might also be improved by controlling the quality of repair. The group will focus on questions that promise to provide new insight into molecular targets for pharmacologic intervention. ..
- CELLULAR BIOLOGY OF THE TRABECULAR MESHWORKMichael P Fautsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..These regions will be "preferential flow" regions, and aqueous tracers should appear in these regions first. If this occurs, it would change our basic understanding of how aqueous passes through the TM (aim 5). ..
- Regulation of Mandibular Condylar Cartialage GrowthRobert Hinton; Fiscal Year: 2006..If the perichondrial cells in MCC share regulatory features with cells in SUT rather than in SOS, this assumption is not only erroneous but may lead to inappropriate treatment strategies. ..
- Allogeneic glioma vaccine using TGF-beta knockoutsHabib Fakhrai; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that genetic modification of malignant glioma cells to block TGF-beta expression would result in the gene-modified cells becoming more immunogenic and suitable for active tumor immunotherapy. ..
- ANTERIOR CHAMBER INFLUENCE ON OCULAR ANTIGENSJoan Stein Streilein; Fiscal Year: 2005..The anticipation is that new knowledge concerning key genes in ACAID and immune privilege will lead to therapeutic strategies directed at alleviating ocular inflammatory disease and promoting orthotopic graft acceptance. ..
- DIABETES AND ERECTILE FUNCTIONRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2002..cyclic monophosphate (cGMP), nitric oxide synthase (NOS), adrenoreceptor alpha, and growth factors (TGFa, TGFb1, TGFb2, TGFb3, IGF, and NGF)...
- CARDIOVASCULAR REMODELING MEDIATED BY RXRa RECEPTORSSTEVEN KUBALAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..III) To test the hypothesis that disruption of RXRalpha expression during cardiogenesis results in cardiac defects that are TGFbeta2 dependent. ..
- VENTILATOR-ASSOCIATED ALVEOLAR EPITHELIAL INJURYJames Frank; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research and comprehensive career development plan will prepare me to become an independent investigator in the mechanisms of alveolar epithelial injury and ventilator-associated lung injury. ..
- TGF-BETA PRESENTATION IN BONE BIOLOGYDaniel Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..These experiments will contribute to the overall IRPG on Skeletal Modeling and Remodeling through interactions with other investigators interested in morphogenesis-(Project 1) and signaling (Project 2). ..
- MEDIATORS OF INTRAOCULAR INFLAMMATIONJANICE ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipJOSEPH RAWLINS; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Structural Determination of the E-Related Region of the TGFbeta type III receptorTHOMAS MILLSTEAD; Fiscal Year: 2009..will be determined using solution NMR spectroscopy with the complementing crystal structure of BGE in complex with TGFB2 and T?RII...
- CYTOKINE MODULATION IN PROLIFERATIVE VITREORETINOPATHYGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Density-dependent effects of IL-1, TNFalpha, and specific NF-kappaB inhibitors on NF-kappaB-mediated RPE apoptosis will be quantified. IV) To determine whether specific in vivo NF-kappaB blockade inhibits PVR. ..
- INHIBITION OF MONOCYTE TGFB1-INDUCED SKIN FIBROSISAnita Gilliam; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Cumulative Trauma Disorder: Skeletal Muscle DysfunctionWilliam Stauber; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Neural Stem Cells in the OtocystEri Hashino; Fiscal Year: 2003..For Aim #1, primary otocyst cell cultures will be established and the neurogenetic effects of FGF2, FGF8, FGF10, TGFb2, BMP4, Noggin or retinoic acid, alone or in combination, on dissociated otocyst cells will be tested in vitro...
- Influence of Sex and Gender on Musculoskeletal HealthBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Worldwide current and future clinical trials will be discussed. Short papers on the workshop topics, future directions, and scientific updates will be published via Internet and summary papers in peer-reviewed journals. ..
- Development of Hydrogel Spinal Disc ReplacementBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BONE FACTORS AND ENDOCHONDRAL OSSIFICATIONBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is suggested that these results will provide insight into the role these factors play in bone development and repair. ..
- ROLE OF MEMBRANES AND MINERALIZATION OF BONES AND TEETHBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2001..This work will have major implications for our understanding of MV and how cells that calcify their matrix are able to regulate these extracellular organelles at distant sites. ..
- Fibronectin Antagonists in Cranial Suture FormationAmr Moursi; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Preventing choroidal neovascularization by long-term transscleral drug deliveryPURAN BORA; Fiscal Year: 2006..For proof-of-concept, we will use a novel, human protein-based therapy that has shown great potential in preliminary animal studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF INTRAOCULAR PRESSURE AND OCULAR BLOOD FLOWJohn Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..New knowledge of ocular blood flow and lOP in patients would have implications for the better diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma. ..
- Role of the Type III TGF-Beta Receptor in Cancer BiologyGERARD BLOBE; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CELLULAR SIGNALING IN RENAL PATHOPHYSIOLOGYJOSEPH GRANDE; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- TbetaRIII as a Mediator/Regulator of SignalingGERARD BLOBE; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Signaling Mechanisms Regulating Cardiac RemodelingSTEVEN KUBALAK; Fiscal Year: 2009..2) To determine how retinoic acid signaling regulates TGFbeta2-induced apoptosis and remodeling in the outflow tract. 3) To determine if RXRalpha directly interacts with Smad signaling in the outflow tract. ..
- Role of Fibroblasts in CancerRaghu Kalluri; Fiscal Year: 2010..The role of such fibroblasts in cancer progression and metastasis is unknown. This proposal addresses the role of fibroblasts in facilitating metastasis. ..
- REGULATION OF GROWTH FACTORS AND EMBRYOGENESISARNOLD ANGIE RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2010..As such, these studies will provide novel insights and have significant impact on developmental biology, regenerative medicine and cancer biology. ..
- REGULATION OF THE TYPE II TGF -B- RECEPTORARNOLD RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2002..Together, Dr. Rizzino feels that these studies will not only help determine how the TbetaR-II gene is regulated normally, but they will also provide the groundwork for understanding why this gene is aberrantly expressed in tumors. ..
- IMMUNOMODULATORY STRATEGIES IN AUTOIMMUNE GASTRITISMICHELE KOSIEWICZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..This strategy may be used in conjunction with TGFbeta-treated APCs to successfully treat established autoimmune disease. ..
- BRAIN TISSUE RESOURCE FOR NEUROPSYCHIATRIC RESEARCHFrancine Benes; Fiscal Year: 2002..Over the next five years, all of these changes will enhance the "brain bank" in its role as a vital national resource. ..
- INSULIN RESISTANCE IN PCOS--SEQUELAE AND TREATMENTRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Improving insulin action through diet and exercise, with and without weight loss, will result in lowered circulating insulin levels, lowered androgens and increased ovulatory frequency rate in PCOS women. ..
- REGULATION OF GROWTH FACTORS AND EMBRYOGENESISARNOLD RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2005..The last studies are highly significant in their own right, because they will provide novel insights into the mechanisms used by members of two large transcription factor families to stimulate transcription. ..
- Effect of Continuous vs. Sequential Oral ContraceptionRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the risks and benefits of a CCOCP regimen are an important women's health issue that warrant investigation. ..
- Mice Overexpressing rtTA and Cre in Corneal EpitheliumWINSTON KAO; Fiscal Year: 2004..These mouse lines will be useful in preparing mouse lines for studies of altered genetic functions from the corneal epithelium-specific gene ablation and overexpression of reporter genes. ..
- CORTICOLIMBIC ABNORMALITIES IN SCHIZOPHRENIC BRAINFrancine Benes; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ANTI-GLOMERULAR BASEMENT MEMBRANE DISEASERaghu Kalluri; Fiscal Year: 2001..Successful completion of this project should provide new experimental information regarding the processes that govern the pathogenesis of human anti-GBM disease. ..
- CONTINUED RENOVATION OF RESEARCH BLDGJ Streilein; Fiscal Year: 2002..Once Segment 3a is accomplished, space will be available to carry out Segment 3b. At the completion of the renovation program, the Institute will have a physical facility sufficient to meet present research needs. ..
- The Interaction of Mechanical Load and Inflammation in Tendon-Bone HealingScott A Rodeo; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of our studies will allow a scientific basis for the design of post- operative rehabilitation prescription. ..
- Requirements for regulatory T cell developmentMICHELE KOSIEWICZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments may determine the requirements for regulatory T cell development, and thereby, identify pathways that can be therapeutically manipulated to prevent and/or treat autoimmune diseases. ..
- Sex-based differences in regulatory T cell responsesMICHELE KOSIEWICZ; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies will provide important information that can lead to the development of novel therapies for the prevention and treatment of autoimmune disease. ..
- Type III TGF-Beta receptor in TGF-Beta signalingGERARD BLOBE; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will aid in designing specific interventions to manipulate TGF-beta signaling pathway(s) for the prevention and treatment of human cancers. ..
- Analyzing and modulating immunoregulatory defects in autoimmune disease.Michele M Kosiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- ALK-1 and Endoglin Signaling in Endothelial CellsGERARD BLOBE; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from these studies will aid in the design of treatments for patients with HHT, other vascular disorders and angiogenesis-dependent solid tumors. ..
- K12 Expression: Cornea-Type Epithelial DifferentiationWINSTON KAO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3 is to examine roles of Fos on corneal-type epithelium differentiation and corneal wound healing as described in Aim 2. ..
- Regulation of Angiogenesis by TumstatinRaghu Kalluri; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Signaling Pathways in Pathogenesis of Renal FibrosisJOSEPH GRANDE; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, these interventions may retard progression of tissue injury to end-stage disease. ..
- Betaglycan as a modulator of TGF-beta signaling in hepatomaRebecca Wells; Fiscal Year: 2008..They will also greatly increase our understanding of TGF-beta signaling in general, and will pave the way for in vivo studies of beta glycan. ..
- The Biology and Function of BMP-7 in the KidneyRaghu Kalluri; Fiscal Year: 2007..The physiological role of BMP-7 in kidney health and pathology will be established. These studies will directly benefit the development of this molecule in the clinic as a drug for patients with kidney fibrosis. ..
- Proteomic Analyses of Human Trabecular MeshworkSanjoy Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal of this proposal is to better understand mechanisms of glaucoma pathogenesis and facilitate the development of effective therapies for limiting disease progression. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Matrix Microenvironment and Liver FibrosisRaghu Kalluri; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, this application is well poised to identify a unique mechanism of liver fibrosis and also study a therapeutic agent, which works against this mechanism and inhibits progression of liver disease. ..
- Impact of Puberty on the Kidney in DiabetesPASCALE LANE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Health implications: New treatments to prevent diabetic kidney disease, the most important cause of kidney failure in the US, may emerge from a better understanding of a naturally protected state such as the prepubertal animal. ..
- TISSUE STRESS VARIABILITY AND STRENGTH IN VERTEBRAL BONEYener Yeni; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mandibular Bone transport Reconstruction PlateLYNNE OPPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- International Meeting--Epithelial /Mesenchymal TranitionRaghu Kalluri; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..