Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TBC1D4
Description: TBC1 domain family member 4
Alias: AS160, NIDDM5, TBC1 domain family member 4, TBC (Tre-2, BUB2, CDC16) domain-containing protein, akt substrate of 160 kDa
Publications170 found, 100 shown here
- A method to identify serine kinase substrates. Akt phosphorylates a novel adipocyte protein with a Rab GTPase-activating protein (GAP) domainSusan Kane
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 277:22115-8. 2002..The 160-kDa substrate for Akt, which was designated AS160, has a Rab GAP domain...
- Insulin-stimulated phosphorylation of the Akt substrate AS160 is impaired in skeletal muscle of type 2 diabetic subjectsHåkan K R Karlsson
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Surgical Sciences, Integrative Physiology Section, S 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes 54:1692-7. 2005b>AS160 is a newly described substrate for the protein kinase Akt that links insulin signaling and GLUT4 trafficking. In this study, we determined the expression of and in vivo insulin action on AS160 in human skeletal muscle...
- AS160, the Akt substrate regulating GLUT4 translocation, has a functional Rab GTPase-activating protein domainCristinel P Miinea
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Biochem J 391:87-93. 2005Recently, we described a 160 kDa protein (designated AS160, for Akt substrate of 160 kDa) with a predicted Rab GAP (GTPase-activating protein) domain that is phosphorylated on multiple sites by the protein kinase Akt...
- AS160 phosphorylation is associated with activation of alpha2beta2gamma1- but not alpha2beta2gamma3-AMPK trimeric complex in skeletal muscle during exercise in humansJonas T Treebak
Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Department of Human Physiology, Institute of Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E715-22. 2007We investigated time- and intensity-dependent effects of exercise on phosphorylation of Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) in human skeletal muscle...
- Effects of endurance exercise training on insulin signaling in human skeletal muscle: interactions at the level of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Akt, and AS160Christian Frøsig
Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Section of Human Physiology, Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 56:2093-102. 2007..Protein content of Akt1/2 (55 +/- 17%, P < 0.05), AS160 (25 +/- 8%, P = 0.08), GLUT4 (52 +/- 19%, P < 0.001), hexokinase 2 (HK2) (197 +/- 40%, P < 0...
- Regulation of multisite phosphorylation and 14-3-3 binding of AS160 in response to IGF-1, EGF, PMA and AICARKathryn M Geraghty
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 407:231-41. 2007AS160 (Akt substrate of 160 kDa) mediates insulin-stimulated GLUT4 (glucose transporter 4) translocation, but is widely expressed in insulin-insensitive tissues lacking GLUT4...
- Impaired insulin-stimulated phosphorylation of Akt and AS160 in skeletal muscle of women with polycystic ovary syndrome is reversed by pioglitazone treatmentKurt Højlund
Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Kloevervaenget 6, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Diabetes 57:357-66. 2008..However, the molecular mechanisms underlying skeletal muscle insulin resistance and the insulin-sensitizing effect of thiazolidinediones in PCOS in vivo are less well characterized...
- Potential role of TBC1D4 in enhanced post-exercise insulin action in human skeletal muscleJ T Treebak
Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetologia 52:891-900. 2009TBC1 domain family, member 4 (TBC1D4; also known as AS160) is a cellular signalling intermediate to glucose transport regulated by insulin-dependent and -independent mechanisms...
- A truncation mutation in TBC1D4 in a family with acanthosis nigricans and postprandial hyperinsulinemiaSatya Dash
Departments of Medicine and Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9350-5. 2009Tre-2, BUB2, CDC16, 1 domain family member 4 (TBC1D4) (AS160) is a Rab-GTPase activating protein implicated in insulin-stimulated glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) translocation in adipocytes and myotubes...
- Impaired insulin-induced site-specific phosphorylation of TBC1 domain family, member 4 (TBC1D4) in skeletal muscle of type 2 diabetes patients is restored by endurance exercise-trainingB F Vind
Diabetes Research Center, Department of Endocrinology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
Diabetologia 54:157-67. 2011..Phosphorylation of TBC1 domain family, member 4 (TBC1D4) is at present the most distal insulin receptor signalling event linked to glucose transport...
- Insulin resistance after a 72-h fast is associated with impaired AS160 phosphorylation and accumulation of lipid and glycogen in human skeletal muscleM H Vendelbo
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Aarhus University Hospital NBG, Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 302:E190-200. 2012..insulin signaling to glucose transport was impaired by regulation of phosphorylation at specific sites on AS160 but not TBC1D1, both key regulators of glucose uptake...
- Identification of a novel phosphorylation site on TBC1D4 regulated by AMP-activated protein kinase in skeletal muscleJonas T Treebak
Joslin Diabetes Center, Section on Metabolism, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298:C377-85. 2010b>TBC1D4 (also known as AS160) regulates glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) translocation and glucose uptake in adipocytes and skeletal muscle...
- The Rab GTPase-activating protein AS160 as a common regulator of insulin- and Galphaq-mediated intracellular GLUT4 vesicle distributionTomoyuki Yuasa
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute for Enzyme Research, The University of Tokushima, Kuramotocho, Tokushima, Japan
Endocr J 56:345-59. 2009Akt substrate of 160kDa (AS160) is a Rab GTPase activating protein (GAP) and was recently identified as a component of the insulin signaling pathway of glucose transporter type 4 (GLUT4) translocation...
- Insulin-stimulated phosphorylation of the Rab GTPase-activating protein TBC1D1 regulates GLUT4 translocationGrantley R Peck
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 284:30016-23. 2009..shown that Akt phosphorylation of the Rab GTPase-activating protein, AS160 (160-kDa Akt substrate; also known as TBC1D4), triggers GLUT4 translocation, most likely by suppressing its Rab GTPase-activating protein activity...
- Characterization of the role of the Rab GTPase-activating protein AS160 in insulin-regulated GLUT4 traffickingMark Larance
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
J Biol Chem 280:37803-13. 2005..We have also found that the putative Rab GTPase-activating protein AS160 (Akt substrate of 160 kDa) is associated with GLUT4 vesicles in the basal state and dissociates in response to insulin...
- Substrate specificity and effect on GLUT4 translocation of the Rab GTPase-activating protein Tbc1d1William G Roach
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Biochem J 403:353-8. 2007..is controlled in part by the phosphorylation of the Rab GAP (GTPase-activating protein) AS160 (also known as Tbc1d4)...
- c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1/2 activation by tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces insulin resistance in human visceral but not subcutaneous adipocytes: reversal by liver X receptor agonistsSonia Fernández-Veledo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, Faculty of Pharmacy, Complutense University, 28040, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3583-93. 2009..The objective of the present study was to dissect the molecular mechanisms that may regulate TNF-alpha-induced insulin resistance in human adipose tissue...
- Postreceptoral adipocyte insulin resistance induced by nelfinavir is caused by insensitivity of PKB/Akt to phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphateIlana Kachko
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
Endocrinology 150:2618-26. 2009..Phosphorylation of PKB/Akt substrates including glycogen synthase kinase-3 and AS160 decreased in response to nelfinavir, and this remained true, even in cells with forced generation of ..
- Changes in the expression of insulin signaling pathway molecules in endometria from polycystic ovary syndrome women with or without hyperinsulinemiaRomina Fornes
Laboratory of Endocrinology and Reproductive Biology, University of Chile Clinical Hospital, Santiago, Chile
Mol Med 16:129-36. 2010..levels of insulin-signaling molecules, like insulin receptor, insulin-receptor substrate (IRS)-1, pIRS-1Y612, Akt, AS160, pAS160T642 and GLUT4 in endometria from PCOS women with or without hyperinsulinemia...
- Role of ataxia telangiectasia mutated in insulin signalling of muscle-derived cell lines and mouse soleusI Jeong
Department of Biology, Saint Louis University, MO 63103, USA
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 198:465-75. 2010..Accordingly, our aim was to determine the role of ATM in insulin effects for cell lines derived from skeletal muscle and for skeletal muscle...
- Calmodulin-binding domain of AS160 regulates contraction- but not insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in skeletal muscleHenning F Kramer
Department of Metabolism, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 56:2854-62. 2007..However, recent reports have demonstrated that both signals converge on the Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160), a protein that regulates GLUT4 translocation...
- Prior exercise increases phosphorylation of Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) in rat skeletal muscleEdward B Arias
University of Michigan, Division of Kinesiology, Muscle Biology Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2214, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1191-200. 2007..postexercise (IPEX) or 4 h postexercise (4hPEX) is accompanied by increased phosphorylation of Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160, a protein regulator of GLUT4 translocation)...
- The glucose transporter 4 FQQI motif is necessary for Akt substrate of 160-kilodalton-dependent plasma membrane translocation but not Golgi-localized (gamma)-ear-containing Arf-binding protein-dependent entry into the insulin-responsive storage compartmenEncarnacion Capilla
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8651, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:3087-99. 2007..Arf-binding protein (GGA) dependent, whereas insulin-stimulated translocation is regulated by Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160)...
- Glucose infusion causes insulin resistance in skeletal muscle of rats without changes in Akt and AS160 phosphorylationAndrew J Hoy
Diabetes and Obesity Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1358-64. 2007..in the phosphorylation state of multiple insulin signaling intermediates [insulin receptor, Akt, AS160 (Akt substrate of 160 kDa), glycogen synthase kinase-3beta] over the same time course...
- Cardiac glycogen accumulation after dexamethasone is regulated by AMPKPrasanth Puthanveetil
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H1753-62. 2008..Both total and phosphorylated AMPK increased after Dex. Immunoprecipitation of Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) followed by Western blot analysis demonstrated no change in Akt phosphorylation at Ser(473) and ..
- Insulin-regulated aminopeptidase is a key regulator of GLUT4 trafficking by controlling the sorting of GLUT4 from endosomes to specialized insulin-regulated vesiclesIngrid Jordens
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:2034-44. 2010..Current evidence supports the model that AS160 RabGAP, which is required for basal GLUT4 retention, is recruited to GLUT4 compartments via an interaction with ..
- Blunting of AICAR-induced human skeletal muscle glucose uptake in type 2 diabetes is dependent on age rather than diabetic statusJohn Andree Babraj
Department of Diabetes, Clinical Sciences Centre, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, L9 7AL, UK
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E1042-8. 2009..We determined 1) 2DG uptake, 2) total AMPKalpha activity, AMPK, acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC), and AS160 phosphorylation, and 3) ERK1/2 phosphorylation...
- Thujone, a component of medicinal herbs, rescues palmitate-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscleHakam Alkhateeb
Department of Laboratory Medical Sciences, Hashemite University, Zarqa, Jordan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 299:R804-12. 2010..carboxylase (ACC) phosphorylation and insulin-stimulated glucose transport, plasmalemmal GLUT4, and AS160 phosphorylation were examined at 0, 6, and 12 h...
- A role for AMPK in increased insulin action after serum starvationJames Kain Ching
Department of Biology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63103, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C1171-9. 2010..g., Akt, PKCζ, AS160, and ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM)] would be phosphorylated during serum starvation and would be responsible ..
- Hypoxia decreases insulin signaling pathways in adipocytesClaire Regazzetti
Team Cellular and Molecular Physiopathology of Obesity and Diabetes, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 895, Mediterranean Research Centre for Molecular Medicine, Nice, France
Diabetes 58:95-103. 2009..We investigated whether this phenomenon could be responsible for insulin resistance by studying the effect of hypoxia on the insulin signaling pathway in adipocytes...
- Berberine modulates insulin signaling transduction in insulin-resistant cellsLi Zhong Liu
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 317:148-53. 2010..Berberine increased the activity of AMPK and PKCzeta and AS160 phosphorylation in normal cells, but had little effect on PKB activation...
- Recycling of IRAP from the plasma membrane back to the insulin-responsive compartment requires the Q-SNARE syntaxin 6 but not the GGA clathrin adaptorsRobert T Watson
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Cell Sci 121:1243-51. 2008..is sequestered in an IRC that is insensitive to brefeldin A yet sensitive to a dominant-interfering mutant of AS160 (AS160-4P)...
- Oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscle cells is ameliorated by gamma-tocopherol treatmentIndu Singh
Exercise Metabolism Group, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, PO Box 71, Bundoora, Vic, 3083, Australia
Eur J Nutr 47:387-92. 2008..Oxidative stress-induced reactive oxygen species are associated with the clinical manifestation of insulin resistance. Evidence suggests that antioxidant treatment may reduce this incidence...
- Morus alba leaf extract stimulates 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase in isolated rat skeletal muscleXiao Ma
Kyoto University Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, Yoshida nihonmatsu cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Ethnopharmacol 122:54-9. 2009..We explored the possibility that 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is involved in metabolic enhancement by the Morus alba leaf...
- Effects of exercise on muscle glycogen synthesis signalling and enzyme activities in pigs carrying the PRKAG3 mutationAnna Granlund
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section for Comparative Physiology and Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Exp Physiol 95:541-9. 2010..Acute exercise also stimulated phosphorylation of Akt substrate of 160 kDA and Glycogen synthase kinase 3 in the carriers and GSK3alpha in the non-carriers...
- Molecular mechanisms controlling GLUT4 intracellular retentionVincent Blot
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:3477-87. 2008..independently in retention, with the TELEY-dependent step being under the control of signaling downstream of the AS160 rab GTPase activating protein...
- Mechanisms of metformin action on glucose transport and metabolism in human adipocytesJean Grisouard
Department of Biomedicine, Metabolism Group, Div of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Biochem Pharmacol 80:1736-45. 2010..Neither basal nor insulin-induced phosphorylation of Akt at Ser-473 and AS160 (Akt substrate of 160kDa) at Thr-642 were enhanced by metformin...
- AS160 regulates insulin- and contraction-stimulated glucose uptake in mouse skeletal muscleHenning F Kramer
Joslin Diabetes Center Research Division, Metabolism Section, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 281:31478-85. 2006..We recently identified the Rab GTPase-activating protein (GAP) AS160 as a putative point of convergence linking distinct upstream signaling cascades induced by insulin and contraction ..
- The effect of exercise and insulin on AS160 phosphorylation and 14-3-3 binding capacity in human skeletal muscleKirsten F Howlett
School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria 3125, Australia
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E401-7. 2008AS160 is an Akt substrate of 160 kDa implicated in the regulation of both insulin- and contraction-mediated GLUT4 translocation and glucose uptake...
- Regulation of glucose transporter 4 translocation by the Rab guanosine triphosphatase-activating protein AS160/TBC1D4: role of phosphorylation and membrane associationJacqueline Stöckli
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 22:2703-15. 2008..The downstream target AS160/TBC1D4 is phosphorylated upon insulin stimulation and contains a TBC domain (Tre-2/Bub2/Cdc16) that is present in most ..
- Contraction-stimulated glucose transport in rat skeletal muscle is sustained despite reversal of increased PAS-phosphorylation of AS160 and TBC1D1Katsuhiko Funai
Univ of Michigan, Div of Kinesiology, Rm 4745F, 401 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2214, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 105:1788-95. 2008b>Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160), the most distal insulin signaling protein known to be important for insulin-stimulated glucose transport, becomes phosphorylated with skeletal muscle contraction...
- Increased AS160 phosphorylation, but not TBC1D1 phosphorylation, with increased postexercise insulin sensitivity in rat skeletal muscleKatsuhiko Funai
Muscle Biology Laboratory, School of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2214, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E242-51. 2009..b>Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) and TBC1D1 are paralog Rab GTPase-activating proteins that have been proposed to contribute to ..
- Frequent hyperphosphorylation of AS160 in breast cancerXiao hua Jiang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Hua Shan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Cancer Biol Ther 10:362-7. 2010Enhanced cellular glucose uptake is a frequent characteristic of malignant cells. The Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) is a newly discovered substrate for the protein kinase AKT and phosphorylation of AS160 (p-AS160) was recently ..
- Full intracellular retention of GLUT4 requires AS160 Rab GTPase activating proteinLorena Eguez
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Cornell Medical School, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cell Metab 2:263-72. 2005..Here, we show that the AS160 Rab GTPase activating protein (GAP) is a negative regulator of basal GLUT4 exocytosis...
- AMPK-mediated AS160 phosphorylation in skeletal muscle is dependent on AMPK catalytic and regulatory subunitsJonas T Treebak
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Section for Integrative Physiology, Karolinska Institute, von Eulers vag 4, 4th Floor, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes 55:2051-8. 2006..b>AS160, a Rab GTPase-activating protein, provides a mechanism linking AMPK signaling to glucose uptake...
- Rip11 is a Rab11- and AS160-RabGAP-binding protein required for insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in adipocytesGavin I Welsh
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 ITD, UK
J Cell Sci 120:4197-208. 2007..members of the Rab family of GTP-binding proteins and the phosphorylation of the Rab GTPase-activating protein AS160. Here, we explored the regulation by insulin of the class I Rab11-interacting proteins Rip11, RCP and FIP2...
- In vivo exercise followed by in vitro contraction additively elevates subsequent insulin-stimulated glucose transport by rat skeletal muscleKatsuhiko Funai
University of Michigan, School of Kinesiology, Muscle Biology Laboratory, 401 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2214, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E999-1010. 2010..Previous studies suggested that a prolonged increase in phosphorylation of Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) may be important for the postexercise increase in insulin sensitivity...
- Insulin stimulation of GLUT4 exocytosis, but not its inhibition of endocytosis, is dependent on RabGAP AS160Anja Zeigerer
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:4406-15. 2004..Here, we show that the AS160 RabGAP, a substrate of Akt, is required for insulin stimulation of GLUT4 exocytosis...
- Insulin signaling and glucose transport in skeletal muscle from first-degree relatives of type 2 diabetic patientsHåkan K R Karlsson
Department of Clinical Physiology and Integrative Physiology, Karolinska Institutet, von Eulers vag 4, II, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes 55:1283-8. 2006..05) in the relatives. Insulin increased phosphorylation of Akt and Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) in a dose-dependent manner, with comparable responses between groups...
- Exercise-induced phosphorylation of the novel Akt substrates AS160 and filamin A in human skeletal muscleAtul Deshmukh
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes 55:1776-82. 2006..pp160 and pp300 were identified as AS160 and filamin A, respectively, with increased phosphorylation (2.0- and 4.9-fold, respectively; P<0...
- Direct quantification of fusion rate reveals a distal role for AS160 in insulin-stimulated fusion of GLUT4 storage vesiclesLi Jiang
Joint Laboratory of Institute of Biophysics and Huazhong University of Science and Technology, National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
J Biol Chem 283:8508-16. 2008..simultaneously, we demonstrate a proportional inhibition in both docking and fusion of GSVs by a dominant negative mutant of AS160, indicating a role for AS160 in the docking of GSVs but not in the regulation of GSV fusion after docking.
- Exercise training-induced improvements in insulin actionJ A Hawley
Exercise Metabolism Group, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Vic, Australia
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 192:127-35. 2008..in skeletal muscle such as the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) and the protein kinase B (Akt) substrate AS160. In addition, increased lipid oxidation and/or turnover is likely to be another mechanism by which exercise ..
- Use of Akt inhibitor and a drug-resistant mutant validates a critical role for protein kinase B/Akt in the insulin-dependent regulation of glucose and system A amino acid uptakeCharlotte J Green
Division of Molecular Physiology, James Black Centre, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:27653-67. 2008..protein kinases C but significantly impaired regulation of downstream PKB targets glycogen synthase kinase-3 and AS160. Akti-mediated inhibition of PKB requires an intact kinase pleckstrin homology domain but does not involve ..
- Muscle cells engage Rab8A and myosin Vb in insulin-dependent GLUT4 translocationShuhei Ishikura
Cell Biology Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X8, Canada
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C1016-25. 2008..Two Rab-GTPase-activating proteins (Rab-GAP), AS160 and TBC1D1, were identified as Akt substrates...
- Inhibition of contraction-stimulated AMP-activated protein kinase inhibits contraction-stimulated increases in PAS-TBC1D1 and glucose transport without altering PAS-AS160 in rat skeletal muscleKatsuhiko Funai
Muscle Biology Laboratory, School of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Diabetes 58:1096-104. 2009Phosphorylation of two members of the TBC1 domain family of proteins, Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160, also known as TBC1D4) and TBC1D1, has been implicated in the regulation of glucose transport in skeletal muscle...
- RUVBL2, a novel AS160-binding protein, regulates insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocationXiangyang Xie
National Key Laboratory of Biomacromolecules, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Cell Res 19:1090-7. 2009..b>AS160 is one of the substrates of Akt and plays important roles in insulin-regulated GLUT4 translocation...
- Lipid-induced insulin resistance is prevented in lean and obese myotubes by AICAR treatmentBenjamin T Bikman
The Metabolic Institute for the Study of Diabetes and Obesity, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1692-9. 2010..05) insulin-stimulated phosphoprotein kinase B (Akt), Akt substrate 160 (AS160), and inhibitory factor kappaBalpha (IkappaBalpha) mass, all of which were prevented with AICAR inclusion...
- The evolution of insulin resistance in muscle of the glucose infused ratAmanda E Brandon
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Arch Biochem Biophys 509:133-41. 2011..decreased at 8 h compared to 3 and 5, although no decrease in phosphorylation of downstream GSK-3β (Ser(9)) and AS160 (Thr(642)) was observed...
- Nef inhibits glucose uptake in adipocytes and contributes to insulin resistance in human immunodeficiency virus type I infectionLaura Cheney
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY 11794 8153, USA
J Infect Dis 203:1824-31. 2011..We have identified HIV Nef, which is detectable and antigenic in serum samples from HIV-infected people, as a novel contributor to the development of insulin resistance...
- Loss of AS160 Akt substrate causes Glut4 protein to accumulate in compartments that are primed for fusion in basal adipocytesPaul Duffield Brewer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
J Biol Chem 286:26287-97. 2011The Akt substrate AS160 (TCB1D4) regulates Glut4 exocytosis; shRNA knockdown of AS160 increases surface Glut4 in basal adipocytes...
- AS160 deficiency causes whole-body insulin resistance via composite effects in multiple tissuesHong Yu Wang
MOE Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study, Model Animal Research Center, Nanjing University, Pukou District, Nanjing 210061, China
Biochem J 449:479-89. 2013AS160 (Akt substrate of 160 kDa) is a Rab GTPase-activating protein implicated in insulin control of GLUT4 (glucose transporter 4) trafficking...
- Extracellular hyperosmotic stress stimulates glucose uptake in incubated fast-twitch rat skeletal muscleChris M Farlinger
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, Brock University, St Catharines, ON L2S 3A1, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 38:605-12. 2013..Glucose uptake was also found to be higher in HYPER, and AS160 (implicated in insulin- and contraction-mediated glucose uptake) was found to be significantly more phosphorylated ..
- Genome-wide association study of gene by smoking interactions in coronary artery calcificationLinda M Polfus
Division of Epidemiology, Human Genetics and Environmental Sciences, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e74642. 2013..5×10(-6)); and TNFRSF8 (p = 7.8×10(-5)), respectively. For GxS interactions, replicated genes included TBC1D4 (p = 6.9×10(-5)) and ADAMTS9 (P = 7.1×10(-5))...
- Expression, phosphorylation and function of the Rab-GTPase activating protein TBC1D1 in pancreatic beta-cellsSabine Rütti
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University Medical Center, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland Electronic address
FEBS Lett 588:15-20. 2014The Rab-GTPase activating protein TBC1D1 is a paralog of AS160/TBC1D4. AS160/TBC1D4, a downstream effector of Akt, has been shown to play a central role in beta-cell function and survival...
- Exposure to rosiglitazone, a PPAR-γ agonist, in late gestation reduces the abundance of factors regulating cardiac metabolism and cardiomyocyte size in the sheep fetusShervi Lie
Early Origins of Adult Health Research Group, School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, Sansom Institute for Health Research, University of South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia and
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 306:R429-37. 2014..Ser-241), protein kinase B (Akt-1), phospho-Akt (Ser-273), PKCζ, phospho-PKCζ(Thr-410), Akt substrate 160 kDa (AS160), phospho-AS160 (Thr-642), and glucose transporter type-4...
- Improving type 2 diabetes through a distinct adrenergic signaling pathway involving mTORC2 that mediates glucose uptake in skeletal muscleMasaaki Sato
Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner Gren Institute, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden Department of Pharmacology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia Drug Discovery Biology Laboratory, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Diabetes 63:4115-29. 2014..mTORC2 causes translocation of GLUT4 to the plasma membrane and glucose uptake without the involvement of Akt or AS160. Stimulation of glucose uptake into skeletal muscle after activation of the sympathetic nervous system is likely ..
- Selective insulin resistance in hepatocyte senescenceAloysious Aravinthan
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Exp Cell Res 331:38-45. 2015..Signalling impairment distal to Akt in phosphorylation of AS160 and FoxO1 was evident in senescent HepG2 cells...
- Prior AICAR stimulation increases insulin sensitivity in mouse skeletal muscle in an AMPK-dependent mannerRasmus Kjøbsted
Section of Molecular Physiology, August Krogh Centre, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, Section of Integrative Physiology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 64:2042-55. 2015..While increased proximal insulin signaling does not seem to mediate this effect, elevated phosphorylation of TBC1D4, a downstream target of both insulin (Akt) and exercise (AMPK) signaling, appears to play a role...
- Central injection of GALR1 agonist M617 attenuates diabetic rat skeletal muscle insulin resistance through the Akt/AS160/GLUT4 pathwayPenghua Fang
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine for Prevention and Treatment of Senile Diseases, Medical College, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225001, China Department of Physiology, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine Hanlin College, Taizhou, Jiangsu 225300, China
Mech Ageing Dev . 2016..Last, perfusion of M617 increased phosphorylated Akt and phosphorylated AS160 levels in the skeletal muscle of diabetic rats...
- Differential regulation of baicalin and scutellarin on AMPK and Akt in promoting adipose cell glucose disposalLe Le Yang
State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, China Pharmaceutical University, No 24 Tongjia Lane, Nanjing 210009, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1863:598-606. 2017..Both of them increased AS160 phosphorylation and glucose uptake in basal condition...
- Contraction of insulin-resistant muscle normalizes insulin action in association with increased mitochondrial activity and fatty acid catabolismJohn P Thyfault
Dept of Nutritional Sciences and Internal Medicine, Univ of Missouri, Harry S Truman VA Hospital Research, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C729-39. 2007..substrate-1 remained impaired after contraction, whereas phosphorylation of the downstream signaling protein, AS160, was partially restored...
- Interleukin-6 directly increases glucose metabolism in resting human skeletal muscleStephan Glund
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Section for Integrative Physiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetes 56:1630-7. 2007..05). In contrast, phosphorylation of protein kinase B/Akt, AS160 (Akt substrate of 160 kDa), and GSK3alpha/beta (glycogen synthase kinase 3alpha/beta) as well as insulin receptor substrate 1-..
- Rapid activation of Akt2 is sufficient to stimulate GLUT4 translocation in 3T3-L1 adipocytesYvonne Ng
Diabetes and Obesity Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
Cell Metab 7:348-56. 2008..rapalog resulted in activation of Akt2 within 5 min, concomitant with phosphorylation of the Akt substrates AS160 and GSK3...
- CaMKII regulates contraction- but not insulin-induced glucose uptake in mouse skeletal muscleCarol A Witczak
Joslin Diabetes Center, Research Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women sHospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E1150-60. 2010..impair contraction-induced increases in the phosphorylation of AMP-activated protein kinase (Thr(172)) or TBC1D1/TBC1D4 on phospho-Akt substrate sites...
- [The role of protein AS160/TBC1D4 in the transport of glucose into skeletal muscles]Agnieszka Mikłosz
Zakład Fizjologii Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Białymstoku
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 65:270-6. 2011..Recent studies have shown that the signaling protein known as AS160 is involved in the directed GLUT-4 intramyocellular redistribution...
- The capture of phosphoproteins by 14-3-3 proteins mediates actions of insulinShuai Chen
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Trends Endocrinol Metab 22:429-36. 2011..They interact with the Rab GTPase-activating proteins AS160 and TBC1D1 to regulate glucose uptake into target tissues in response to insulin and energy stress...
- Regulation of glucose transporter translocation in health and diabetesJonathan S Bogan
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8020, USA
Annu Rev Biochem 81:507-32. 2012..Insulin signals through AS160/Tbc1D4 and Tbc1D1 to modulate Rab GTPases and through the Rho GTPase TC10α to act on other targets...
- Altitude training improves glycemic controlShu Man Chen
Committee for General Education, Shih Hsin University, Taipei 11604, Republic of China
Chin J Physiol 56:193-8. 2013..hypoxia training, obese abnormality in upregulated baseline levels of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) and AS160 phosphorylation in skeletal muscle can be reversed...
- Human muscle fibre type-specific regulation of AMPK and downstream targets by exerciseDorte E Kristensen
Section of Molecular Physiology, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, August Krogh Centre, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Physiol 593:2053-69. 2015..phosphoregulation after CON was similar (AMPK(Thr172) , ACC(Ser221) , TBC1D1(Ser231) and GS(2+2a) ) or lower (TBC1D4(Ser704) ). Following INT, phosphoregulation in type I vs...
- DNAJB3/HSP-40 cochaperone improves insulin signaling and enhances glucose uptake in vitro through JNK repressionMohamed Abu-Farha
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Unit, Dasman Diabetes Institute, Kuwait
Sci Rep 5:14448. 2015..Furthermore, DNAJB3 mediated the PI3K/AKT pathway activation through increasing AKT and AS160 phosphorylation...
- Increased aldosterone-dependent Kv1.5 recycling predisposes to pacing-induced atrial fibrillation in Kcne3-/- miceUlrike Lisewski
Experimental and Clinical Research Center, Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 30:2476-89. 2016..5 channels to the Z-disc/T-tubulus region and lateral membrane via activation of the Akt/AS160 pathway. Treatment with spironolactone inhibited Akt/AS160 phosphorylation, reduced Rab-dependent Kv1...
- Acute resistance exercise-induced IGF1 expression and subsequent GLUT4 translocationKohei Kido
Faculty of Sport and Health Science, Ritsumeikan University, Kusatsu, Japan
Physiol Rep 4:. 2016..Muscle IGF1 expression was increased by RE but not AE, and maintained until 3 h after RE Additionally, Akt and AS160 phosphorylation were sustained for 3 h after RE, whereas they returned to baseline levels by 3 h after AE ..
- Angiotensin II induces differential insulin action in rat skeletal muscleJuthamard Surapongchai
J Surapongchai, Physiology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Endocrinol . 2017..was associated with increased insulin-stimulated IRS-1 Ser307 and decreased Akt Ser473 and AS160 Thr642 phosphorylation and GLUT-4 expression...
- Glucose transporter 4: cycling, compartments and controversiesChandrasagar B Dugani
Programme in Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
EMBO Rep 6:1137-42. 2005..3-kinase effectors, protein kinase Akt, atypical protein kinase C (aPKC) and Akt substrate of 160-kDa (AS160), regulates the GLUT4 cycle by affecting its translocation, fusion with the plasma membrane, internalization and ..
- Distinct signals regulate AS160 phosphorylation in response to insulin, AICAR, and contraction in mouse skeletal muscleHenning F Kramer
Section Head, Metabolism, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Pl, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 55:2067-76. 2006Insulin and contraction increase GLUT4 translocation in skeletal muscle via distinct signaling mechanisms. Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) mediates insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation in L6 myotubes, presumably through activation of ..
- Nuclear receptor agonists improve insulin responsiveness in cultured cardiomyocytes through enhanced signaling and preserved cytoskeletal architectureChristophe Montessuit
Division of Cardiology, Geneva University Hospitals, 24 Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Endocrinology 149:1064-74. 2008..the phosphorylation of the signaling intermediate Akt on the residues Thr308 and Ser473 and, downstream of Akt, AS160 on several Thr and Ser residues...
- Akt substrate TBC1D1 regulates GLUT1 expression through the mTOR pathway in 3T3-L1 adipocytesQiong L Zhou
Programme in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 373 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Biochem J 411:647-55. 2008..family, member 1], which is closely related to TBC1D4 [TBC domain family, member 4, also denoted AS160 (Akt substrate of 160 kDa)], as an Akt substrate that is phosphorylated at Thr(590)...
- Inhibition of GLUT4 translocation by Tbc1d1, a Rab GTPase-activating protein abundant in skeletal muscle, is partially relieved by AMP-activated protein kinase activationJose A Chavez
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 283:9187-95. 2008..A key protein in signaling this process is AS160, a Rab GTPase-activating protein (GAP) whose activity appears to be suppressed by Akt phosphorylation...
- Palmitate acutely induces insulin resistance in isolated muscle from obese but not lean humansA Brianne Thrush
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 294:R1205-12. 2008..palmitate; P+gAd, P < 0.05) and Akt substrate 160 (AS160) phosphorylation (control vs. palmitate; P+gAd, P < 0.05)...
- Berberine-induced activation of 5'-adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase and glucose transport in rat skeletal musclesXiao Ma
Laboratory of Sports and Exercise Medicine, Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Metabolism 59:1619-27. 2010..with an increased rate of 3-O-methyl-d-glucose transport in the absence of insulin and with phosphorylation of AS160, a signaling intermediary leading to glucose transporter 4 translocation...
- Association of genome-wide variation with the risk of incident heart failure in adults of European and African ancestry: a prospective meta-analysis from the cohorts for heart and aging research in genomic epidemiology (CHARGE) consortiumNicholas L Smith
Cardiovascular Health Study Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 3:256-66. 2010....
- Acute peripheral metabolic effects of intraarterial leg infusion of somatostatin in healthy young menThomas Krusenstjerna-Hafstrøm
Department of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology MEA, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:2581-9. 2011..Evidence suggests that somatostatin not only inhibits the secretion of GH but also suppresses GH action in peripheral tissues...
- AICAR reverses ketone body mediated insulin resistance in isolated oxidative muscleNiklas Ivarsson
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 414:670-4. 2011..However, AICAR enhanced the insulin-induced phosphorylation of the Akt substrate, AS160. In conclusion, these data demonstrate that AICAR reverses the negative effect of BOH on insulin-mediated glucose ..
- Amplification and demultiplexing in insulin-regulated Akt protein kinase pathway in adipocytesShi Xiong Tan
Diabetes and Obesity Research Program, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia
J Biol Chem 287:6128-38. 2012..not exhibit a change in its rate of phosphorylation between 1 and 100 nm insulin compared with other substrates (AS160, TSC2, GSK3)...
- Tangeretin stimulates glucose uptake via regulation of AMPK signaling pathways in C2C12 myotubes and improves glucose tolerance in high-fat diet-induced obese miceMyung Sunny Kim
Korea Food Research Institute, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Endocrinol 358:127-34. 2012..We also found that AMPK and AS160 were markedly phosphorylated by tangeretin treatment...
- An amino acid mixture is essential to optimize insulin-stimulated glucose uptake and GLUT4 translocation in perfused rodent hindlimb muscleJeffrey R Bernard
Exercise Physiology and Metabolism Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology and Health Education, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712 0360, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 113:97-104. 2012..b>Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) phosphorylation, however, was increased by the amino acids in the presence of insulin, but not in ..
- Crosstalk between ROR1 and the Pre-B cell receptor promotes survival of t(1;19) acute lymphoblastic leukemiaVincent T Bicocca
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Cancer Cell 22:656-67. 2012..Consequently, ROR1 silencing accentuates dasatinib killing of t(1;19) ALL cells...
- Dual effect of the heart-targeting cytokine cardiotrophin-1 on glucose transport in cardiomyocytesMohamed Asrih
Division of Cardiology, Geneva University Hospitals, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
J Mol Cell Cardiol 56:106-15. 2013..In cardiomyocytes exposed to 1nM CT-1 there was also reduced phosphorylation of Akt and AS160 in response to insulin, and of AMPK in response to oligomycin...
- High-fat diet-mediated lipotoxicity and insulin resistance is related to impaired lipase expression in mouse skeletal musclePierre Marie Badin
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1048, Obesity Research Laboratory, Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases, 31432 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Endocrinology 154:1444-53. 2013..05) and a decrease of insulin-stimulated v-Akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog Ser473 (-37%, P < .05) and AS160 Thr642 (-47%, P <.01) phosphorylation. We next showed that HFD strongly reduced HSL phosphorylation at Ser660...
- An amino acid mixture improves glucose tolerance and lowers insulin resistance in the obese Zucker ratJeffrey R Bernard
Department of Biology, Saint Mary s College of California, 1928 Saint Mary s Road, Moraga, CA 94556, USA
Amino Acids 45:191-203. 2013..15 ± 0.29, 3.8 ± 0.27, 5.18 ± 0.34 µmol/100 g/min, respectively). Western blot analysis showed that Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) phosphorylation was enhanced for OB-AA-1 and LN-CHO compared to OB-CHO...
- AMPK and insulin action--responses to ageing and high fat dietChristian Frøsig
Section of Molecular Physiology, The August Krogh Centre, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 8:e62338. 2013..muscle, coinciding with reduced insulin signaling at the level of Akt (pSer473 and pThr308), TBC1D1 (pThr590) and TBC1D4 (pThr642)...
- ZHEN YUE JIANG; Fiscal Year: 2016..Third, we observed that CDP138 interacts with TBC1D4/TBC1D1 and RalBP1, GTPase activating proteins for Rab10/Rab8A/Rab13 and Rac1, respectively...
- Keiko Watanabe; Fiscal Year: 2015..of key molecules involved in hepatic glucose production (G6Pase, PEPCK) as well as peripheral glucose uptake (AS160) by skeletal muscle and adipose tissue using whole body TLR4 and 2&4 knockout mice, 2) determine the pathways ..
- ZhengPing Yi; Fiscal Year: 2016..in our laboratory to target proteins of interest in the PI-3 kinase pathway, such as PI-3 kinase, PDK1, AKT and AS160. New and known phosphorylation sites will be quantified under both basal conditions and upon insulin infusion in ..
- Susanna R Keller; Fiscal Year: 2014..muscle cells attribute a role in GLUT4 retention and release to the two Rab GTPase activating proteins (Rab GAPs), AS160 and Tbc1d1...
- Gregory D Cartee; Fiscal Year: 2015..in the most distal signaling step known to be crucial for glucose transport (GT): phosphorylation of Akt Substrate of 160 kDa (AS160)...
- REGULATION OF PROTEIN TRAFFICKING IN ADIPOCYTESMike M Mueckler; Fiscal Year: 2013..The regulated subcellular trafficking of Glut4 is partially dictated by the insulin- responsive AS160/Rab10 GTPase cycle, but additional unidentified factors are necessary to fully account for its basal intracellular ..
- The function and regulation of TBC1D1 in skeletal muscle metabolism.MELISSA ANNE CHAMBERS; Fiscal Year: 2011..TBC1D1 is an Akt-substrate 160 (AS160) paralog that is highly expressed in skeletal muscle and is responsive to insulin-, contraction-, and the AMP-..
- EXERCISE AND SKELETAL MUSCLE SIGNALING MECHANISMSLaurie J Goodyear; Fiscal Year: 2013..downstream of these signals to study whether multiple contraction-stimulated pathways converge at the Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) and TBC1D1, leading to increased glucose transport...
- Keyong Du; Fiscal Year: 2014..constitutes an important mechanism by which ClipR-59 modulates Akt signaling;and c) ClipR-59 is complexed with AS160, a Rab-GAP protein that connects insulin signaling and Glut4 vesicles...
- Jeffrey E Pessin; Fiscal Year: 2014..SpecificAim 2, we unlJ examine the insulin, AMPK and Fyn dependent r^uiation of two critical convergent effectors AS160 and AS250 (RGC2) that are thought to modulate distinct aspects of Insulin and exercise-stimulated glucose uptake ..
- TRAFFIC REGULATORY PROTEINS AND ENACRaymond A Frizzell; Fiscal Year: 2013..To begin, we will define the mechanism of action of the Rab-GAP, AS160, 14-3-3 binding protein and phosphorylation-dependent regulator of aldosterone- and insulin-mediated ENaC ..
- The Role of the Rab GAP AS 160 in adipocyte MetabolismMELISSA N LANSEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the proposed research is to understand the role of the Akt substrate and Rab GTPase- acfivafing protein (GAP) AS160 in regulafing the trafficking of the glucose transporter GLUT4 and in thus controlling glucose uptake in primary ..
- ClipR-59: a novel regulator of Akt signalingKeyong Du; Fiscal Year: 2009..Moreover, ClipR-59 also interacts with AS160 a substrate for Akt in insulin-regulated glucose transport in the adipocyte...
- Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) traffickXiubin Liang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary data has indicated that the Rab-GAP proteins, AS160 (TBC1D4) and TBC1D1, are key substrates for the protein kinases that regulate ENaC trafficking in response to aldosterone ..
- Role of Rab GAPs AS160 and Tbc1d1 in GLUT4 translocation and glucose homeostasisSUSANNA KELLER; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>AS160, a Rab GTPase activating protein (Rab GAP), and its recently identified relative Tbc1d1, play important roles in ..
- Role of JNK1 in Skeletal Muscle Glucose MetabolismCAROL WITCZAK; Fiscal Year: 2006..Also, these studies may uncover new pharmacological targets for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. ..
- AMPK: Impact on Metabolism and DiseaseLAURIE GOODYEAR; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Diet and Exercise: Race, Postmenopause and MetabolismALICE RYAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..These findings may provide a rationale for targeting specific populations of women who might improve glucose and fat metabolism more from the addition of exercise to hypocaloric weight loss than weight loss alone. ..
- RNAi Technology to Study In Vivo Muscle MetabolismLAURIE GOODYEAR; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, this approach could provide the basis for treatment of skeletal muscle insulin resistance and other chronic muscle diseases such as the dystrophies. ..
- Proteomic charaterization of insulin signaling targetsJONATHAN BOGAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additionally, this work may have broader implications for insulin signaling and for protein targeting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..