Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TBC1D1
Description: TBC1 domain family member 1
Alias: TBC, TBC1, TBC1 domain family member 1, TBC1 (tre-2/USP6, BUB2, cdc16) domain family, member 1
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- TBC1D1 is a candidate for a severe obesity gene and evidence for a gene/gene interaction in obesity predispositionSteven Stone
Myriad Genetics, Inc, Salt City, UT 84108, USA
Hum Mol Genet 15:2709-20. 2006..Here, we present evidence that genetic variation in TBC1D1 confers risk for severe obesity in females...
- Substrate specificity and effect on GLUT4 translocation of the Rab GTPase-activating protein Tbc1d1William G Roach
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Biochem J 403:353-8. 2007..The present study examines a similar Rab GAP, Tbc1d1, about which very little is known...
- R125W coding variant in TBC1D1 confers risk for familial obesity and contributes to linkage on chromosome 4p14 in the French populationDavid Meyre
CNRS 8090 Institute of Biology, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
Hum Mol Genet 17:1798-802. 2008Stone et al. previously reported an association between the TBC1D1 gene variant R125W (rs35859249) and severe obesity in women from US pedigrees...
- Exercise-induced TBC1D1 Ser237 phosphorylation and 14-3-3 protein binding capacity in human skeletal muscleChristian Frøsig
Molecular Physiology Group, Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Physiol 588:4539-48. 2010b>TBC1D1 is a Rab-GTPase activating protein involved in regulation of GLUT4 translocation in skeletal muscle...
- Exercise increases TBC1D1 phosphorylation in human skeletal muscleNiels Jessen
Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E164-71. 2011..uptake in muscle involves site-specific phosphorylation of the Rab-GTPase-activating proteins AS160 (TBC1D4) and TBC1D1. Multiple kinases, including Akt and AMPK, phosphorylate TBC1D1 and AS160 on distinct residues, regulating their ..
- Evaluation of carriers of bone morphogenetic protein for spinal fusionA Minamide
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wakayama Medical College, Wakayama City, Wakayama, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:933-9. 2001..Posterolateral lumbar transverse process fusion in a rabbit model was performed using two different carriers for recombinant human morphogenetic protein-2, one having a porous structure and the other being a Type I collagen sheet...
- [Tuberculous meningoencephalitis]P Campos
Hospital Nacional Cayetano Heredia, , Universidad Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Rev Neurol 25:899-902. 1997Tuberculosis (TBC) in children is still a public health problem in developing countries. Its most serious complication in children is meningo-encephalitis (ME TBC), which is one of the main causes of death from TBC...
- Clinical and microbiologic effects of subgingival controlled-release delivery of chlorhexidine chip in the treatment of periodontitis: a multicenter studyMichele Paolantonio
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
J Periodontol 79:271-82. 2008..The aim of this study was to provide further data on the clinical and microbiologic effects of CHX chips when used as an adjunct to SRP...
- Effects of acetyl-L-carnitine oral administration on lymphocyte antibacterial activity and TNF-alpha levels in patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis. A randomized double blind versus placebo studyE Jirillo
Cattedra di Immunologia, , Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 13:135-46. 1991..dysfunctions, was orally administered--2 gm/day for 30 days--to 10 patients with active pulmonary tuberculosis (TBC)...
- Anti-ischemic effect of selectin blocker through modulation of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-10Fernando Lopez-Neblina
Surgery, Trauma and Molecular Biology, Borgess Research Institute, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
J Surg Res 138:275-83. 2007Preliminary studies in our laboratories indicate that a recently discovered synthetic drug, TBC-1269, acts as a multiple selectin blocker and provides protection against tissue damage in rats that are subjected to severe liver ischemia/..
- [Effect of intermittent ventilation on pulmonary hypertension in chronic respiratory failure]B Schonhofer
Krankenhaus Kloster Grafschaft, Zentrum fur Pneumologie, Beatmungs und Schlafmedizin, Schmallenberg Grafschaft
Pneumologie 53:S113-5. 1999..We investigated 20 patients with restrictive thoracic diseases (Post-TBC: n = 9, scoliosis: n = 11, PaCO2: 59.8 +/- 7.6 mmHg) and 13 patients with COPD (n = 13, PaCO2: 58.5 +/- 7.8 mmHg)...
- Risk factors for bulk milk somatic cell counts and total bacterial counts in smallholder dairy farms in the 10th region of ChileG van Schaik
Instituto de Medicina Preventiva, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Austral de Chile, Casilla 567, Valdivia, Chile
Prev Vet Med 67:1-17. 2005..the principal management factors that influenced bulk milk somatic cell count (BMSCC) and total bacterial count (TBC) of smallholder dairy farms in the 10th region of Chile...
- Heavy metals content and microbiological quality of carp (Cyprinus carpio, L.) muscle from two Southwestern Slovak fish farmsJaroslav Andreji
Department of Poultry Science and Small Animals Husbandry, Slovak Agricultural University, Nitra, Slovak Republic
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 41:1071-88. 2006..and correlation of selected heavy metals and level of some microbiological indicators (total bacteria count-TBC, mesophilic anaerobic sporulating bacteria-MASB) in the muscle of common carp (Cyprinus carpio)...
- [Epizootiology and pathogenesis of avian mycobacteriosis in doves (Streptopelia sp.)]K Hejlícek
Vysoká skola veterinární a farmaceutická, Brno
Vet Med (Praha) 38:619-28. 1993..lesions produced in turtle dove within the period of 122 days after peroral infection by food contaminated by TBC poultry livers and bacteriologically examined was negative too...
- Biochemical characterization of the initial steps of the Kennedy pathway in Trypanosoma brucei: the ethanolamine and choline kinasesFederica Gibellini
Division of Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 415:135-44. 2008..The K(m) values for ethanolamine and ATP were found to be 18.4+/-0.9 and 219+/-29 microM respectively. TbC/EK2 (T...
- Intrathecal synthesis of complement components C3c and C4 in the central nervous system infections with signs of the acute serous meningitis syndromeZeljka Tatomirovic
Institute of Pathology, Belgrade
Vojnosanit Pregl 59:265-70. 2002..to etiology (enterovirus meningitis-ENTERO, serous meningitis various etiology-SM and tuberculous meningitis-TBC)...
- Mechanisms for sickle red blood cell retention in choroidGerard A Lutty
Wilmer Ophthalmological Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA
Curr Eye Res 25:163-71. 2002..The intent of this study was to determine, using a rat model, the conditions under which retention of sickle erythrocytes in choroid occur and if that retention can be inhibited...
- Legionella in industrial cooling towers: monitoring and control strategiesA Carducci
Biology Department, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Lett Appl Microbiol 50:24-9. 2010..01 ppm and monthly chlorine shock dosing (5 ppm) on a single cooling tower; (ii) continuous chlorine concentration of 0.4 ppm and monthly shock of biocide P3 FERROCID 8580 (BKG Water Solution) on seven towers...
- Pharmacokinetics of procainamide in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysisD A Sica
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther Toxicol 26:59-64. 1988..PA total body clearance (TBC) averaged 143 ml/min; TBC for NAPA was 29.8 ml/min. PA and NAPA half-lives were considerably prolonged averaging 26...
- Effects of hyperosmolar agents--lactulose, lactitol, sodium phosphate and polyethylene glycol--on cecal coliform bacteria during traditional bowel cleansing: an experimental study in ratsB Demirogullari
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Eur Surg Res 36:159-64. 2004..Traditional bowel cleansing (TBC) with cathartics and enemas is a method of mechanical bowel cleansing for patients who have restrictive factors for ..
- [Self-ventilation at home in chronic respiratory insufficiency]G Laier-Groeneveld
Kreiskrankenhaus an der Lieth, Pneumolegische Klinik, Lenglern
Pneumologie 44:193-4. 1990..a respirator, 10 patients (four with kyphoscoliosis, three with COLD, two with neuromuscular disorders, and one with sequela of Tbc) experienced reversal of the chronic respiratory failure and an improvement in respiratory muscle force.
- Fibrin glue-antibiotic mixture in the treatment of anal fistulae: experience with 69 casesL Patrlj
Department of Abdominal Surgery, University Hospital Merkur, Zagreb, Republic of Croatia
Dig Surg 17:77-80. 2000..To investigate the potential value of the use of the fibrin glue-antibiotic mixture in the treatment of anal fistulae...
- Dairy maturation of milk used in the manufacture of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese: effects on physico-chemical characteristics, rennet-coagulation aptitude and rheological propertiesMassimo Malacarne
Dip Produzioni Animali, Sezione di Scienza e Tecnologie Lattiero Casearie, Biotecnologie Veterinarie, Qualità e Sicurezza degli Alimenti Università degli Studi di Parma, Via del Taglio 8, 43100 Parma Italy
J Dairy Res 75:218-24. 2008..Variation of the difference between PS and FC milks (PS-FC) in pH, TBC and fat were clearly lower in CF3 than CF1...
- An engineered 800 kilobase deletion of Uchl3 and Lmo7 on mouse chromosome 14 causes defects in viability, postnatal growth and degeneration of muscle and retinaEkaterina Semenova
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Hum Mol Genet 12:1301-12. 2003..We predicted that the region contains a single cluster of four genes that encode a TBC domain-containing protein (KIAA0603), a novel protein AK000009, the ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase L3 (UCHL3) and ..
- Associations among milk quality indicators in raw bulk milkJ C F Pantoja
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:4978-87. 2009..Bulk milk somatic cell count (SCC), total bacteria count (TBC), coliform count (CC), and laboratory pasteurization count (LPC) were monitored between July 2006 and July 2007...
- Contraction regulates site-specific phosphorylation of TBC1D1 in skeletal muscleKanokwan Vichaiwong
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, U S A
Biochem J 431:311-20. 2010b>TBC1D1 (tre-2/USP6, BUB2, cdc16 domain family member 1) is a Rab-GAP (GTPase-activating protein) that is highly expressed in skeletal muscle, but little is known about TBC1D1 regulation and function...
- [Abdominal tuberculosis--a surgical reality]E Tarcoveanu
Clinica I Chirurgie, Spitalul Sf Spiridon, Iasi
Chirurgia (Bucur) 102:303-8. 2007..patients (Il males, 11 females, mean age 41,17 years, and range 17-74 years) diagnosed with abdominal tuberculosis (TBC) in First Surgical Clinic, "St...
- [Factors affecting incidence of tuberculosis in Diyarbakir]Abdullah Cetin Tanrikulu
Department of Chest Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Kafkas University, Kars, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 55:18-23. 2007Last decade, there have been important improvements about tuberculosis (Tbc) in the world. Today, 32% of world populations are infected by Tbc basil's, every year about 9 million people have been catching Tbc...
- [Ileus caused by tuberculosis]K M Essig
III Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitätskliniken Mainz
Pneumologie 51:828-31. 1997..The abdominal TBC represents a severe disease requiring a differential diagnostic distinction from other abdominal diseases such as ..
- Mycobacterial lymphadenitis in Western AustraliaS C Pang
Chest Service, Health Department of Western Australia, Perth
Tuber Lung Dis 73:362-7. 1992..Tuberculous (TBC) lymphadenitis affected mainly adult Asian migrants (71%), while non-tuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) lymphadenitis ..
- Differential efficacy of a synthetic antagonist of VLA-4 during the course of chronic relapsing experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisBarbara Cannella
Department of Pathology Neuropathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci Res 71:407-16. 2003..In the present study, a synthetic antagonist of VLA-4 (TBC 3486) was injected subcutaneously into mice adoptively sensitized for chronic relapsing EAE...
- [The cost of treatment in new case and multidrug resistant case in pulmonary tuberculosis]Ozkan Kizkin
Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases, 44069 Malatya, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 51:410-5. 2003The treatment of multidrug-resistant pulmonary tuberculosis (MDR-Tbc) is quite difficult, and the disease has high morbidity and mortality rates...
- The frequency of Chlamydia trachomatis major outer membrane protein-specific CD8+ T lymphocytes in active trachoma is associated with current ocular infectionMartin J Holland
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Banjul, The Gambia
Infect Immun 74:1565-72. 2006..trachomatis. The frequencies of circulating HLA-A2 tetramer binding cells (TBC) were determined in whole blood samples by flow cytometric analysis...
- Short communication: effect of storage and preservation on total bacterial counts determined by automated flow cytometry in bulk tank goat milkD Sierra
Laboratorio Agroalimentario y de Sanidad Animal, Consejería de Agricultura y Agua, Comunidad Autónoma de la Región de Murcia, El Palmar, 30120 Murcia, Spain
J Dairy Sci 92:4841-5. 2009This study was designed to evaluate the effects of different storage conditions on total bacterial count (TBC) determinations made in goat bulk tank milk using an automated flow cytometry method...
- Selectin blockade prevents antigen-induced late bronchial responses and airway hyperresponsiveness in allergic sheepW M Abraham
Department of Research, University of Miami at Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, Florida, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 159:1205-14. 1999..The inhibition of the EAR with one of the inhibitors, TBC-1269, was associated with a reduction in histamine release...
- Cyclodextrins as activator and inhibitor of latent banana pulp polyphenol oxidaseM M Sojo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology A, Faculty of Biology, University of Murcia, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 47:518-23. 1999..However, when a hydrophobic phenol such as tert-butylcatechol (TBC) was used, a marked inhibition was observed with beta-, hydroxypropyl-beta-, and maltosyl-beta- CDs...
- The activity of milk leukocytes in response to a water-soluble fraction of Mycobacterium phlei in bovine subclinical mastitisR Mukherjee
Preventive Medicine Laboratory, Division of Medicine, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar 243 122, UP, India
Vet Res Commun 28:47-54. 2004..A steady decrease in the total bacterial count (TBC) was observed in the group treated with WSF but the bacterial counts remained high in the groups treated with PBS...
- Bilirubin-albumin binding and neonatal jaundiceCharles E Ahlfors
LW Ligand, LLC, Vashon, WA, USA
Semin Perinatol 28:334-9. 2004Bilirubin-albumin binding weakens the correlation between the plasma total bilirubin concentration (TBC) and bilirubin encephalopathy (kernicterus), which has led to considerable interest over the years in measuring binding as part of ..
- Objective assessment of temporal bone drilling skillsMolly Zirkle
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Wilson Centre for Research in Clinical Education and Surgical Skills Laboratory, Mt Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 116:793-8. 2007..This study assesses three potential objective assessment tools for a traditional otolaryngology laboratory exercise, temporal bone drilling...
- Evaluation of mammary gland immunity and therapeutic potential of Tinospora cordifolia against bovine subclinical mastitisReena Mukherjee
I C, Preventive Medicine Laboratory, Division of Medicine, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, 243122, U P, India
Trop Anim Health Prod 42:645-51. 2010..Somatic cell count (SCC), total bacterial count (TBC), phagocytic activity, and leukocyte lysosomal enzymes like myeloperoxidase and acid phosphatase activity and ..
- The domain architecture of large guanine nucleotide exchange factors for the small GTP-binding protein ArfBarbara Mouratou
Laboratoire d Enzymologie et Biochimie Structurales, CNRS, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
BMC Genomics 6:20. 2005..In contrast, the function of non-catalytic domains and how they regulate/cooperate with the catalytic domain is essentially unknown...
- Atypical multifocal cutaneous leishmaniasis in an immunocompetent patient treated by liposomal amphotericin BA Paradisi
Department of Dermatology, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Infect 51:e261-4. 2005..The differential diagnosis for multiple ulcers must include several skin diseases, such as cutaneous TBC, bacterial ulcers, traumatic ulcers, deep mycoses, and sarcoidosis...
- A myosin II ATPase inhibitor reduces force production, glucose transport, and phosphorylation of AMPK and TBC1D1 in electrically stimulated rat skeletal muscleDavid R Blair
University of Michigan, Division of Kinesiology, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2214, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E993-E1002. 2009..There was an ES increase in phosphorylation of AMPK, acetyl-CoA carboxylase (an AMPK substrate), and TBC1D1 for vehicle-treated muscles but not for BTS-treated muscles...
- Diagnostic aspects of cervical lymphadenopathy in children in the developing world: a study of 1,877 surgical specimensS W Moore
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa
Pediatr Surg Int 19:240-4. 2003..pathological characteristics investigated included age, malignancy, and granulomatous disease such as tuberculosis (tbc). The mean age was 7 years (tbc 5.8/neoplastic disease 8.5 years). Twenty LNs (1.5%) were histologically normal...
- Enzymatic oxidation of tert-butylcatechol in the presence of sulfhydryl compounds: Application to the amperometric detection of penicillamineAngel A J Torriero
Departamento de Quimica, Facultad de Quimica, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, Chacabuco y Pedernera 5700, San Luis, Argentina
Talanta 71:1198-204. 2007The high sensitivity that can be attained using an enzymatic system and mediated by 4-tert-butylcatechol (4-TBC) has been verified by on-line interfacing of a rotating biosensor and continuous flow/stopped-flow/continuous-flow processing...
- Identification of EPI64 as a GTPase-activating protein specific for Rab27ATakashi Itoh
Fukuda Initiative Research Unit, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:31823-31. 2006..In this study we developed novel methods of rapidly screening 40 different TBC (Tre2/Bub2/Cdc16) proteins, putative Rab-GAPs, for Rab27A-GAP by: (i) searching for TBC proteins that induce ..
- Endothelium-dependent changes in retinal blood flow following ischemiaJ M Gidday
Department of Neurological Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Curr Eye Res 17:798-807. 1998..We undertook studies to measure acute changes in RBF after ischemia, and the mechanisms responsible for mediating these changes...
- Seasonal variations of bromophenols in brown algae (Padina arborescens, Sargassum siliquastrum, and Lobophora variegata) collected in Hong KongHau Yin Chung
Department of Biology, Environmental Science Programme, Food and Nutritional Sciences Programme, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
J Agric Food Chem 51:2619-24. 2003..On a dried weight basis, the total bromophenol content (TBC) determined varied widely with seasons (from 40.9 to 7030 ng/g)...
- Microbiological outcomes of quadrant versus full-mouth root planing as monitored by real-time PCRP M Jervøe-Storm
Department of Periodontology, Operative and Preventive Dentistry, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Clin Periodontol 34:156-63. 2007..To study the short-term microbiological changes following full-mouth compared with quadrant wise scaling and root planing (FMRP and QRP) as well as long-term effects...
- Livestock production and animal health in Sicily, ItalyS Caracappa
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Sicilia A Mirri, Palermo, Italy
Parassitologia 41:17-23. 1999..the effort done in the last years has allowed to monitor for brucellosis, bovine leukemia virus (BLV), bovine TBC, swine vescicular disease (MVS) and other diseases for the majority of the farms...
- High-dose thiotepa, busulfan, cyclophosphamide and ASCT without whole-brain radiotherapy for poor prognosis primary CNS lymphomaT Cheng
Department of Medicine, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, University of Calgary, Alta, Canada
Bone Marrow Transplant 31:679-85. 2003..treated seven PCNSL patients with HD-MTX-based induction therapy followed by thiotepa, busulfan, cyclophosphamide (TBC), and autologous stem cell transplant (ASCT), without WBRT...
- [Unusual gram positive rods, causing pneumonia]W Bar
Carl Thiem Klinikum, Institut Medizinische Mikrobiologie, Cottbus
Pneumologie 57:259-67. 2003..Case 1 was a 84 years old patient with impaired lung function. He was suspicious of tuberculosis (Tbc). Nocardia spec. was isolated. Case 2 was an alcoholic of 46 years with pneumonia...
- Tuberculosis and atopy: a study in an endemic areaF Y Anlar
Department of Pediatrics Allergy, Ondokuz Mayis University, Samsun, Turkey
Respir Med 100:1647-50. 2006..In a population where both tuberculosis (tbc) and atopy are prevalent, we investigated skin test results to allergens in adults with tbc...
- Tuberculosis of male genital system--myth or reality in 21st centuryD Tzvetkov
Department of Urology, Medical University, Institute of Biology and Immunology of Reproduction, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Arch Androl 52:375-81. 2006To review literature and our clinical experience with tuberculosis (TBC) of male genital tract. To analyze the localization of the specific process, association with other forms of TBC and its impact on fertility...
- Characterization of NtChitIV, a class IV chitinase induced by beta-1,3-, 1,6-glucan elicitor from Alternaria alternata 102: Antagonistic effect of salicylic acid and methyl jasmonate on the induction of NtChitIVTomonori Shinya
Department of Biotechnology and Life Science, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2 24 16, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 353:311-7. 2007Tobacco BY-2 class IV chitinases (TBC-1, TBC-3) were rapidly and transiently induced by the beta-1,3-, 1,6-glucan elicitor from Alternaria alternata 102 (AaGlucan)...
- Identification of three novel proteins (SGSM1, 2, 3) which modulate small G protein (RAP and RAB)-mediated signaling pathwayHao Yang
Department of Molecular Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Genomics 90:249-60. 2007We report a novel protein family consisting of three members, each of which contains RUN and TBC motifs and appears to be associated with small G protein-mediated signal transduction pathway...
- Identification of TBC7 having TBC domain as a novel binding protein to TSC1-TSC2 complexAkio Nakashima
Biosignal Research Center, Kobe University, Kobe 657 8501, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:218-23. 2007TBC7, a TBC (Tre-2/Bub2/Cdc16) 1 domain protein, was identified as a novel binding protein to the TSC1-TSC2 tumor suppressor complex by peptide mass fingerprinting analysis of the proteins immunoprecipitated with FLAG-epitope tagged TSC1 ..
- Did it fall or was it pushed? The contribution of trends in established risk factors to the decline in premature coronary heart disease mortality in New ZealandMartin Tobias
Public Health Intelligence, Ministry of Health, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Public Health 32:117-25. 2008..To estimate the contribution of trends in three risk factors--systolic blood pressure (SBP), total blood cholesterol (TBC) and cigarette smoking--to the decline in premature coronary heart disease (CHD) mortality in New Zealand from 1980-..
- Regulation of contractile vacuole formation and activity in DictyosteliumFei Du
Section of Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0380, USA
EMBO J 27:2064-76. 2008..We identified a new CV regulator, Disgorgin, a TBC-domain-containing protein, which translocates to the CV membrane at the late stage of CV charging and regulates CV-..
- [Tuberculosis in childhood: clinical features and problems in diagnosis. Report of 30 cases]Monia Khemiri
Service médecine infantile A, Hôpital d Enfants, Tunis
Tunis Med 87:61-7. 2009The clinical polymorphism and the low yield bacteriological tests make the diagnosis of tuberculosis (TBC) in children often difficult...
- Tuberculosis of the parotid glandNicholas S Mastronikolis
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital of Patras, Patras, Greece
Tuberk Toraks 57:84-8. 2009Tuberculosis (Tbc) presented as an isolated parotid mass is rare. Preoperative diagnosis is difficult and the symptomatology is nonspecific...
- [Tuberculous lymphadenitis]Ibrahim Sayin
Bakirköy Dr Sadi Konuk Eğitim ve Araştirma Hastanesi, Kulak Burun Boğaz Hastaliklari Kliniği, Istanbul, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 20:184-90. 2010In this study, we evaluate tuberculosis (Tbc) lymphadenitis diagnosed patients age, gender, contact history, history of smoking, socioeconomic status, lymphadenitis localization, imaging techniques, fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) ..
- Total body nitrogen and total body carbon as indicators of body protein and body lipids in the melon fly Bactrocera cucurbitae: effects of methoprene, a juvenile hormone analogue, and of diet supplementation with hydrolyzed yeastIhsan ul Haq
Insect Pest Control Laboratory, Joint FAO IAEA Agriculture and Biotechnology Laboratories, A 2444 Seibersdorf, Austria
J Insect Physiol 56:1807-15. 2010..Total body carbon (TBC) and total body nitrogen (TBN) of flies were measured at regular intervals from emergence to 35 days of age for ..
- Hydrogen adsorption and diffusion in p-tert-butylcalixarene: an experimental and molecular simulation studySaman Alavi
Centre for Catalysis Research and Innovation, Department of Chemistry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 6N5, Canada
Chemistry 16:11689-96. 2010..were performed to determine the nature of the H(2) gas uptake in the low-density p-tert-butylcalixarene (tBC) phase...
- Hygienic and health characteristics of donkey milk during a follow-up studyRachel Pilla
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Hygiene and Public Health, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 10, 20133 Milano, Italy
J Dairy Res 77:392-7. 2010..was collected from each half udder for somatic cell count (SCC), bacteriological analysis and total bacteria count (TBC)...
- Identification and characterization of a novel Rab GTPase-activating protein in spermatidsY H Lin
Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences Department of Urology Institute of Molecular Medicine Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Cheng Kung University, College of Medicine, Tainan, Taiwan
Int J Androl 34:e358-67. 2011..Cells Rab GTPase- Activating Proteins (MgcRabGAP), which is characterized by the conserved RabGAP catalytic domain, TBC (Tre2/Bub2/Cdc16). RabGAPs are involved in various physiological processes (e.g...
- Evaluation of the Cobas TaqMan MTB test for direct detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in respiratory specimensYuan Chieh Yang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Clin Microbiol 49:797-801. 2011..When discrepant results between the Cobas TaqMan MTB test and culture occurred, additional results from the BD MGIT TBc identification test and the GenoType Mycobacterium CM test performed on growth-positive and acid-fast-stain-..
- Insulin resistance after a 72-h fast is associated with impaired AS160 phosphorylation and accumulation of lipid and glycogen in human skeletal muscleM H Vendelbo
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Aarhus University Hospital NBG, Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 302:E190-200. 2012..signaling to glucose transport was impaired by regulation of phosphorylation at specific sites on AS160 but not TBC1D1, both key regulators of glucose uptake...
- TBC1D13 is a RAB35 specific GAP that plays an important role in GLUT4 trafficking in adipocytesJonathan R Davey
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, 2010, Australia St Vincent s Clinical School, University of New South Wales, Sydney, 2052, Australia
Traffic 13:1429-41. 2012..To delineate the molecular regulation of this pathway, we conducted a TBC/RabGAP overexpression screen in adipocytes...
- [Retrograde balloon dilatation as a minimally invasive treatment for ureteral stricture]Dean Markic
Klinika za urologiju, KBC Rijeka
Lijec Vjesn 134:281-5. 2012..The etiology of stricture was iatrogenic in 11 (45.8%) patients, post-TBC in one (4.2%), congenital in one (4.2%), retroperitoneal fibrosis in one (4.2%) and unknown in 10 (41.6%) patients...
- LKB1 regulates lipid oxidation during exercise independently of AMPKJacob Jeppesen
August Krogh Centre and Molecular Physiology Group, Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 62:1490-9. 2013..A markedly decreased phosphorylation of TBC1D1, a proposed regulator of FA transport, and a low CoA content could contribute to the low FA oxidation in LKB1 MKO...
- Should all cases of lung cancer be presented at Tumor Board Conferences?Marc Riquet
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, Paris Descartes University, 20 rue Leblanc, Paris 75015, France
Thorac Surg Clin 23:123-8. 2013..should not be presented before surgery, but every patient with malignant histology should be declared to the TBC coordinator and registered at the time of histologic confirmation...
- The architecture of Trypanosoma brucei tubulin-binding cofactor B and implications for functionJennifer R Fleming
Division of Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, UK
FEBS J 280:3270-80. 2013Tubulin-binding cofactor (TBC)-B is implicated in the presentation of α-tubulin ready to polymerize, and at the correct levels to form microtubules...
- Tubulin-specific chaperones: components of a molecular machine that assembles the α/β heterodimerGuoling Tian
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Methods Cell Biol 115:155-71. 2013..native α/β heterodimer occurs via interaction of the supercomplex with TBCC, which results in the triggering of TBC-bound β-tubulin (E-site) GTP hydrolysis...
- Effect of storage temperature on the microbial composition of ready-to-use vegetablesL Caldera
Department of Food, Environmental and Nutritional Sciences, DeFENS, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 2, 20133, Milan, Italy
Curr Microbiol 68:133-9. 2014..The samples were stored at 4 and 10 °C, and analysed at established times. Total bacterial count (TBC) was taken as the most relevant index to define their hygiene and quality at both temperatures...
- Primary nasal tuberculosis: a case reportJasmina Stojanović
Clinic of Otorhinolaryngology, Clinical Center Kragujevac, Kragujevac, Serbia
Vojnosanit Pregl 70:778-80. 2013During the past two decades, tuberculosis (TBC) both pulmonary and extrapulmonary, has emerged to be a major health problem...
- Synthesis of haptens and development of an indirect enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for tris(2,3-dibromopropyl) isocyanurateLei Shi
State Key Laboratory of Chemo Biosensing and Chemometrics, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China
Anal Biochem 447:15-22. 2014..enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ciELISA) was developed for detection of tris(2,3-dibromopropyl) isocyanurate (TBC)...
- Acute exercise and physiological insulin induce distinct phosphorylation signatures on TBC1D1 and TBC1D4 proteins in human skeletal muscleJonas T Treebak
The August Krogh Centre, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, Section of Molecular Physiology, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 13 DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Physiol 592:351-75. 2014We investigated the phosphorylation signatures of two Rab-GTPase activating proteins TBC1D1 and TBC1D4 in human skeletal muscle in response to physical exercise and physiological insulin levels induced by a carbohydrate rich meal using a ..
- Impact of nano-CaCO3 -LDPE packaging on quality of fresh-cut sugarcaneZisheng Luo
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310058, People s Republic of China Zhejiang Key Laboratory for Agro Food Processing Technology, Hangzhou, 310058, People s Republic of China
J Sci Food Agric 94:3273-80. 2014..sugarcane, concentrations of O2 and CO2 within the packages, overall visual quality (OVQ), total bacterial count (TBC), yeast and mould count (YMC), reducing sugar content and total phenolic content, respiration, ethylene production, ..
- Cytoplasmic retention of a nucleocytoplasmic protein TBC1D3 by microtubule network is required for enhanced EGFR signalingZe He
Department of Pathology and Pathophysiology, Medical School, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China Key Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Diseases, Ministry of Education, Institute of Life Sciences, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 9:e94134. 2014..The β-tubulin-interacting site of TBC1D3 was mapped to amino acids 286∼353 near the C-terminus of the TBC domain. Deletion mutation within these amino acids was shown to abolish the interaction of TBC1D3 with β-tubulin...
- Effects of management practices on yield and quality of milk from smallholder dairy units in urban and peri-urban Morogoro, TanzaniaKejeri A Gillah
Ministry of Livestock Development and Fisheries, P O Box 9152, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Trop Anim Health Prod 46:1177-83. 2014..Total bacterial count (TBC) and coliform counts (CC) were normalized by log transformation. The average milk yield was 7...
- Increased postexercise insulin sensitivity is accompanied by increased AS160 phosphorylation in slow-twitch soleus muscleMaiko Iwabe
Department of Health and Nutrition, Niigata University of Health and Welfare, Niigata, Japan
Physiol Rep 2:. 2014..of glucose uptake in slow-twitch muscle is accompanied by increased phosphorylation of AS160 and its paralog TBC1D1. Male Wistar rats (~1-month-old) were exercised on a treadmill for 180 min (9 m/min)...
- AMPKα is critical for enhancing skeletal muscle fatty acid utilization during in vivo exercise in miceJoachim Fentz
Section of Molecular Physiology, August Krogh Centre, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark Department of Molecular Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark Institute of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Bispebjerg Hospital and Center for Healthy Aging, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark INSERM, U1016, Institute Cochin, Paris, France Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unités Mixtes de Recherche 8104, Paris, France and Université Descartes, Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris, France
FASEB J 29:1725-38. 2015..36) and FABPpm (plasma membrane fatty acid binding protein) (by ∼17-40%), together with fully abolished TBC1D1 (tre-2/USP6, BUB2, cdc16 domain family member 1) Ser(237) phosphorylation during contraction/exercise in AMPKα ..
- Differential Role of Insulin/IGF-1 Receptor Signaling in Muscle Growth and Glucose HomeostasisBrian T O'Neill
Section on Integrative Physiology and Metabolism, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cell Rep 11:1220-35. 2015..This was secondary to decreased TBC1D1 resulting in increased Glut4 and Glut1 membrane localization...
- The RGD sequence present in IGFBP-2 is required for reduced glucose clearance after oral glucose administration in female transgenic miceAnja Reyer
Institute for Genome Biology, Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology, Dummerstorf, Germany
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 309:E409-17. 2015..At the same time, activation of TBC1D1 was depressed in mice overexpressing wild-type but not mutated IGFBP-2...
- Rab GAPs AS160 and Tbc1d1 play nonredundant roles in the regulation of glucose and energy homeostasis in miceStefan R Hargett
Department of Medicine Division of Endocrinology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville Virginia
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 310:E276-88. 2016The related Rab GTPase-activating proteins (Rab GAPs) AS160 and Tbc1d1 regulate the trafficking of the glucose transporter GLUT4 that controls glucose uptake in muscle and fat cells and glucose homeostasis...
- Enhancing Milk Preservation with Esterified Legume ProteinsMahmoud Z Sitohy
Faculty of Agriculture, Biochemistry Department, Zagazig University, Zagazig, 44511, Egypt
Probiotics Antimicrob Proteins 3:48-56. 2011..proteins could ameliorate its preservation quality at 4 °C for 5 days, based on the total bacterial count (TBC) or the titratable acidity levels. Supplementing pasteurized milk with esterified legume proteins (0...
- Comparison between the EX-PRESS P-50 implant and trabeculectomy in patients with open-angle glaucomaMaría Elena Mendoza-Mendieta
Department of Anterior Segment, Dr Luis Sánchez Bulnes Hospital, Association to Prevent Blindness, Mexico City, Mexico
Clin Ophthalmol 10:269-76. 2016To evaluate the EX-PRESS P-50 implant compared to standard trabeculectomy (TBC).
- Predator-scent stress, ethanol consumption and the opioid system in an animal model of PTSDHadar Manjoch
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Psychology, Beer Sheva, Israel Beer Sheva Mental Health Center, Anxiety and Stress Research Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Behav Brain Res 306:91-105. 2016..Rats were exposed to stress and then tested in a two-bottle free choice (TBC) assay or in a conditioned place preference paradigm...
- Disruption of the AMPK-TBC1D1 nexus increases lipogenic gene expression and causes obesity in mice via promoting IGF1 secretionLiang Chen
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Model Animal for Disease Study, Model Animal Research Center, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210061, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:7219-24. 2016Tre-2/USP6, BUB2, cdc16 domain family member 1 (the TBC domain is the GTPase activating protein domain) (TBC1D1) is a Rab GTPase activating protein that is phosphorylated on Ser(231) by the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) in response ..
- Microbial Contamination and Hygiene of Fresh Cow's Milk Produced by Smallholders in Western ZambiaTheodore J D Knight-Jones
Food Safety and amp Zoonoses Program, International Livestock Research Institute ILRI, Lusaka 10101, Zambia
Int J Environ Res Public Health 13:. 2016..Although microbiological contamination was initially low, with geometric mean total bacterial count (TBC) of 425 cfu/mL (cfu = colony forming units) upon arrival at point-of-sale, poor hygiene led to high bacterial loads ..
- α-MSH Stimulates Glucose Uptake in Mouse Muscle and Phosphorylates Rab-GTPase-Activating Protein TBC1D1 Independently of AMPKCathrine Laustrup Møller
Steno Diabetes Center, Translational Pathophysiology, 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
PLoS ONE 11:e0157027. 2016..We found that -MSH significantly induces phosphorylation of TBC1 domain (TBC1D) family member 1 (S237 and T596), which is independent of upstream PKA and AMPK...
- Combined Effects of Drugs and Plasticizers on the Properties of Drug Delivery FilmsCheryl L Jennings
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
J Bioact Compat Polym 31:323-333. 2016..loaded with either quercetin or pirfenidone and plasticized with either triethyl citrate (TEC) or tributyl citrate (TBC)...
- Diffusion-controlled drug delivery systems: calculation of the required composition to achieve desired release profilesJ Siepmann
College of Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Kelchstrasse 31, 12169, Berlin, Germany
J Control Release 60:379-89. 1999..citrate (ATEC), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), dibutyl sebacate (DBS), diethyl phthalate (DEP), and tributyl citrate (TBC)...
- The role of metals in autoimmune vasculitis: epidemiological and pathogenic studyP Stratta
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Torino, S Giotanni Molinette Hospital, Italy
Sci Total Environ 270:179-90. 2001..Furthermore, tuberculosis (TBC) has been frequently described in patients with silicosis, and TBC infection shares with ANCA-associated vasculitis ..
- [Study on tuberculosis in a Seville Health Care District. Current situation and control improvement alternatives]Juan Limón Mora
Servicios Centrales del Servicio Andaluz de Salud SAS, Avda de la Constitución 18 41071 Sevilla
Rev Esp Salud Publica 77:233-43. 2003In our setting (District, Seville, Andalusia, Spain....) it is not rare to find annual incidence rates for TBC of more than 30 new cases per 100,000 inhabitants. It reveals that this problem is nowhere near being eradicated...
- On the quality of tree-based protein classificationBetty Lazareva-Ulitsky
Computational Biology Department, Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA 94404, USA
Bioinformatics 21:1876-90. 2005..How can these trees be compared in their ability to accurately classify protein sequences?..
- Expression, physiological action, and coexpression patterns of neuropeptide Y in rat taste-bud cellsFang li Zhao
College of Dentistry, Ohio State University, 305 West 12th Street, 108 North Greene Street, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11100-5. 2005..cholecystokinin and vasoactive intestinal peptide, have been localized to subsets of taste-bud (TB) cells (TBC) and one, cholecystokinin, has been demonstrated to produce excitatory physiological actions...
- Chronicles in drug discoveryV K Khurdayan
Prous Science, Barcelona, Spain
Drug News Perspect 18:517-22. 2005..nitric oxide and platelet-derived growth factor), which are implicated in pulmonary hypertension, include readily available bosentan, sildenafil citrate and sitaxsentan sodium and investigational aviptadil and TBC-3711, among others.
- Expression and regulation of CReMM, a chromodomain helicase-DNA-binding (CHD), in marrow stroma derived osteoprogenitorsR Marom
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Cell Physiol 207:628-35. 2006..CReMM level was higher in human MSC then in mature trabecular bone cells (TBC). Within the MSC population, osteogenic clones showed higher levels of CReMM then non-osteogenic ones...
- TBC1D3, a hominoid oncoprotein, is encoded by a cluster of paralogues located on chromosome 17q12Didier Hodzic
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Genomics 88:731-6. 2006TBC1D3 is a member of the TBC1 domain family of proteins that stimulates the intrinsic GTPase activity of RAB5A, an essential actor in early endosome trafficking...
- Attenuated HIV/TB Vaccine for IndiaUma Devi K Ranganathan; Fiscal Year: 2012..that will augment the magnitude, persistence and proportion of polyfunctional HIV-specific T cell responses after TBC-M4 vaccine (recombinant MVA that encodes env, gag, tat, rev, nef and ?RT gene sequences from subtype C virus ..
- ZHEN YUE JIANG; Fiscal Year: 2016..Third, we observed that CDP138 interacts with TBC1D4/TBC1D1 and RalBP1, GTPase activating proteins for Rab10/Rab8A/Rab13 and Rac1, respectively...
- Susanna R Keller; Fiscal Year: 2014..attribute a role in GLUT4 retention and release to the two Rab GTPase activating proteins (Rab GAPs), AS160 and Tbc1d1. Recent results with AS160 and Tbc1d1 knockout mice suggest that glucose uptake is regulated by AS160 in ..
- TRAFFIC REGULATORY PROTEINS AND ENACRaymond A Frizzell; Fiscal Year: 2013..A related protein, TBC1D1, is a candidate regulator of apical ENaC trafficking in response to vasopressin stimulation, and interactions ..
- Immune Gene Regulation in Human Trophoblast CellsShawn P Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2012..We previously demonstrated that IFN-3 responses are inhibited in human primary term TBCs and TBC-derived choriocarcinoma (CC) cells by PTP-mediated repression of the JAKs...
- Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of epithelial sodium channel (ENaC) traffickXiubin Liang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our preliminary data has indicated that the Rab-GAP proteins, AS160 (TBC1D4) and TBC1D1, are key substrates for the protein kinases that regulate ENaC trafficking in response to aldosterone and ..
- EXERCISE AND SKELETAL MUSCLE SIGNALING MECHANISMSLaurie J Goodyear; Fiscal Year: 2013..to study whether multiple contraction-stimulated pathways converge at the Akt substrate of 160 kDa (AS160) and TBC1D1, leading to increased glucose transport...
- Mechanisms of specific trunk Exercises in low back painSharon M Henry; Fiscal Year: 2010..a randomized, controlled clinical trial, test-retest design, with a six week follow up using one study arm (TBC Eligible for stabilization (STB) exercises) and 3 treatment protocols [STB, Movement System Impairment (MSI) ..
- Shawn P Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2016..and if knocking down negative-feedback inhibitors of IFN-?? signaling such as SOCS expression can aid resolution of TBC-Salmonella infection...
- The function and regulation of TBC1D1 in skeletal muscle metabolism.MELISSA ANNE CHAMBERS; Fiscal Year: 2011..provided by applicant): The goal of this study is to understand the function and regulatory mechanism of TBC1D1 (tre-2/USP6, BUB2, cdc16 domain family member 1) in skeletal muscle glucose metabolism...
- TBC1D3: A HOMINOID-SPECIFIC GENE THAT REGULATES GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTOR SIGNALINGPhilip D Stahl; Fiscal Year: 2010..TBC1D3 contains a TBC domain that interacts with the small GTPase Rab5, a key regulator of endocytosis...
- DOROTHY MAE DILLON JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..submitted). Recently, Fkh was shown to regulate expression of the predicted Rab-GAP encoded by tbc-1 (aka CG4552), though it has not been determined if this regulation is direct or indirect (Maruyama et al., 2011)...
- Brigitte L Kieffer; Fiscal Year: 2016..to alcohol vapors (CIE) and (ii) voluntary drinking along a history of exposure to air / alcohol vapors (CIE/TBC) leading to recreational / excessive drinking (Aim la)...
- Rosa Rademakers; Fiscal Year: 2016..quantitative trait locus analysis of GRN mRNA levels in human brain and identify TBC1 domain family, member 1 (TBC1D1) as yet another novel PGRN regulator...
- EP164 coordinates arf6- and Rab-dependent membrane traffic in epithelial cellsDavid E Hokanson; Fiscal Year: 2010..EPI64's TBC domain binds directly to active Arf6-GTP and EPI64's over- expression induces an accumulation of actin-coated ..
- David G Lambright; Fiscal Year: 2016..and Rab recognition/activation by DENN and Vps9 domain GEFs;(Aim 2) recruitment and Rab recognition/activation by TBC domain GAPs;(Aim 3) manipulation of host Rab GTPases by Legionella pneumophila...
- Stent Lock Mechanism for Transcutaneous CathetersNICHOLAS VITALE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This tissue-bonded cystostomy (TBC) is one clinical example of the need for a secure, reversible locking mechanism that will create a robust, ..
- MULTIPLE SEVERE OBESITY RISK GENES IN UTAH PEDIGREESSteven Hunt; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evidence is presented herein of a new susceptibility gene we have identified for severe obesity, TBC1D1, that clearly segregates in female family members with severe obesity and explains most of the >9 LOD score...
- Effect of mucosal barrier on Shiga toxin absorptionTimothy Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2003..In each of these studies, one group of pigs will be treated with a selectin inhibitor, TBC 1269, to reduce neutrophil infiltration and the results wilt be compared to the non-treated control groups to ..
- Role of Rab GAPs AS160 and Tbc1d1 in GLUT4 translocation and glucose homeostasisSUSANNA KELLER; Fiscal Year: 2009..AS160, a Rab GTPase activating protein (Rab GAP), and its recently identified relative Tbc1d1, play important roles in the regulation of the subcellular distribution of GLUT4, as established in cultured fat ..
- Anti-Selectin Blocker for Organ Ischemic InjuryLUIS TOLEDO PEREYRA; Fiscal Year: 2002..role in the development of ischemia, we have proposed the use of a recently discovered anti-selectin blocker (TBC-1269) in a feasibility study to determine its protective capabilities under conditions of severe liver, kidney or ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF NEUROBLASTOMAJohn Cowell; Fiscal Year: 2004..The 1p22 chromosome breakpoint occurs within the NB4S gene. This gene has two identifiable motifs: a TBC1 domain and a coiled-coil domain. Both of these motifs are indicative of protein-protein interactions...
- ADHERENT CELL REGULATION OF MICROBIAL IMMUNITY IN MANJerrold Ellner; Fiscal Year: 1980..Monocyte exert suppressor function which results in inhibition of T lymphocytes responses to specific antigens (TBC, schistosomiasis) or mitogens (sarcoidosis)...
- Fluorescence Endoscopy for Enhanced Adenoma DetectionSylvie Kossodo; Fiscal Year: 2005..of using VM102 to image pre-neoplastic lesions and early cancers (1) with sufficient target to background contrast (TBC), (2) using a technique (i.e...
- Anti-Selectin Blocker for Liver Ischemic InjuryLUIS TOLEDO PEREYRA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Preliminary studies in our laboratories already indicated that a recently discovered synthetic drug, TBC-1269, which acts as a selectin blocker, provides protection against tissue damage in rats subjected to severe liver ..
- INTERVENTION FOR INCREASING COMPLIANCE IN TUBERCULOSISELIZABETH TANKE; Fiscal Year: 1991..from the investigator's abstract): This research is designed to develop a specialized system called TeleMinder-TBC(tuberculosis Care) for use with outpatient populations most at risk for tuberculosis, i.e...
- INTERVENTION FOR INCREASING COMPLIANCE IN TUBERCULOSISELIZABETH TANKE; Fiscal Year: 1993This research is designed to develop a specialized system called Teleblinder-TBC (Tuberculosis Care) for use with outpatient populations most at risk for tuberculosis, i.e...
- Role of JNK1 in Skeletal Muscle Glucose MetabolismCAROL WITCZAK; Fiscal Year: 2006..Also, these studies may uncover new pharmacological targets for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. ..
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF FAMILIAL IDIOPATHIC SCOLIOSISNancy Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..This may allow for earlier limited surgical intervention and avoid long-term bracing which, in many cases, results in an extensive surgical intervention once initial treatment has failed. ..
- Proteomic charaterization of insulin signaling targetsJONATHAN BOGAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additionally, this work may have broader implications for insulin signaling and for protein targeting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Immunization Site in Eliciting Mucosal ImmunityPeter Anton; Fiscal Year: 2004..triggered by either TILN or deltoid immunization using two HIV-1 vaccines that are either vaccinia-based (TBC-IIlB) or canarypox-based (ALVAC vCP1452 with gpl40 boost)...
- IMPACT OF CO-RECEPTOR AND HIV VIRAL BURDEN ON GUT MUCOSAPeter Anton; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will be done by looking for decreased mucosal viral burden and evidence of immune reconstitution after therapeutic intervention. ..
- Mechanisms of Neural Mobilization for Chronic PainSTEVEN GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data may also provide support for a future clinical trial investigating the efficacy of median nerve NMT for patients with CTS. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nanoparticle delivery of antiangiogenic genesGerard Lutty; Fiscal Year: 2003..The goal of this proposal is to deliver genes for endogenous antiangiogenic agents to sites of ocular neovascularization. ..
- BRAIN PATHOPHYSIOLOGY IN ANXIETY DISORDERSGREGORY SULLIVAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Through such work, he seeks to contribute to the understanding of the pathophysiology of PD in order to suggest improved therapeutics for this devastating and underrecognized brain disorder. ..
- Exploring Growth Energy Expenditure in Normal-Weight and Overweight ChildrenZiMian Wang; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Behavioral Interventions for Low Back PainSTEVEN GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2007....