Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TAS2R7
Description: taste 2 receptor member 7
Alias: T2R7, TRB4, taste receptor type 2 member 7, taste receptor, family B, member 4, taste receptor, type 2, member 7
- The molecular receptive ranges of human TAS2R bitter taste receptorsWolfgang Meyerhof
Department of Molecular Genetics, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbruecke, Arthur Scheunert Allee 114 116, 14558 Nuthetal, Germany
Chem Senses 35:157-70. 2010..Conversely, though 63 bitter substances activated only 1-3 receptors, 19 compounds stimulated up to 15 hTAS2Rs. Our data suggest that the detection of the numerous bitter chemicals is related to the molecular receptive ranges of hTAS2Rs...
- The Pharmacochaperone Activity of Quinine on Bitter Taste ReceptorsJasbir D Upadhyaya
Department of Oral Biology, and Manitoba Chemosensory Biology MCSB Research group, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3E 0W2, Canada
PLoS ONE 11:e0156347. 2016..This phenomenon of chaperone activity of quinine was also observed for T2R7, T2R10, T2R39 and T2R46...
- Next generation semiconductor based sequencing of bitter taste receptor genes in different pig populations and association analysis using a selective DNA pool-seq approachA Ribani
Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences DISTAL, Division of Animal Sciences, University of Bologna, Viale Fanin 46, 40127, Bologna, Italy
Anim Genet 48:97-102. 2017..generation semiconductor based target resequencing, we analysed nine porcine TAS2R genes (TAS2R1, TAS2R3, TAS2R4, TAS2R7, TAS2R9, TAS2R10, TAS2R16, TAS2R38 and TAS2R39) to identify variability and, at the same time, estimate single ..
- The Odorant (R)-Citronellal Attenuates Caffeine Bitterness by Inhibiting the Bitter Receptors TAS2R43 and TAS2R46Barbara Suess
Chair of Food Chemistry and Molecular Sensory Science, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lise Meitner Straße 34, D 85354 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
J Agric Food Chem . 2016..Cell-based functional experiments, conducted with the human bitter taste receptors TAS2R7, TAS2R10, TAS2R14, TAS2R43, and TAS2R46 reported to be sensitive to caffeine, revealed (R)-citronellal to ..
- Genetic diversity of bitter taste receptor gene family in Sichuan domestic and Tibetan chicken populationsYuan Su
Farm Animal Genetic Resources Exploration and Innovation Key Laboratory of Sichuan Province, Sichuan Agricultural University, Chengdu 611130, People s Republic of
J Genet 95:675-81. 2016..Previous research had revealed that chicken has only three bitter taste receptor genes (Tas2r1, Tas2r2 and Tas2r7)...
- Different phenolic compounds activate distinct human bitter taste receptorsSusana Soares
Department of Chemistry, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Agric Food Chem 61:1525-33. 2013..In contrast, malvidin-3-glucoside and procyanidin trimer stimulated only one receptor, TAS2R7 and TAS2R5, respectively...
- Assessment of the presence of chemosensing receptors based on bitter and fat taste in the gastrointestinal tract of young pigM Colombo
University of Bologna, DIPROVAL, 42123 Reggio Emilia, Italy
J Anim Sci 90:128-30. 2012..For 7 genes for bitter taste (TAS2R1, TAS2R3, TAS2R7, TAS2R9, TAS2R10, TAS2R16, and TAS2R38) and for 3 genes for fat taste (GPR40, GPR43, and GPR120), a full homology ..
- T2Rs function as bitter taste receptorsJ Chandrashekar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Cell 100:703-11. 2000..Since a single taste receptor cell expresses a large repertoire of T2Rs, these findings provide a plausible explanation for the uniform bitter taste that is evoked by many structurally unrelated toxic compounds...
- A family of candidate taste receptors in human and mouseH Matsunami
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 404:601-4. 2000..Another TRB gene is found on a human contig assigned to chromosome 5p15, the location of a genetic locus (PROP) that controls the detection of the bitter compound 6-n-propyl-2-thiouracil in humans...
- A plethora of taste receptorsS C Kinnamon
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Neuron 25:507-10. 2000
- The steroid glycoside H.g.-12 from Hoodia gordonii activates the human bitter receptor TAS2R14 and induces CCK release from HuTu-80 cellsBoris Le Nevé
Technical University of Munich, Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G1368-75. 2010..g.-12 could activate human bitter receptors. The steroid glycoside activated selectively TAS2R7 and TAS2R14, both heterologously expressed in HEK 293 cells...