Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SULT1E1
Description: sulfotransferase family 1E member 1
Alias: EST, EST-1, ST1E1, STE, estrogen sulfotransferase, estrone sulfotransferase, sulfotransferase 1E1, sulfotransferase family 1E, estrogen-preferring, member 1, sulfotransferase, estrogen-preferring
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Sulfation and sulfotransferases 1: Sulfotransferase molecular biology: cDNAs and genesR M Weinshilboum
Department of Pharmacology, Mayo Medical School Mayo Clinic Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
FASEB J 11:3-14. 1997..For example, the PST family includes both PST and estrogen ST (EST) subfamilies. Amino acid sequence motifs exist within ST enzymes that are conserved throughout phylogeny...
- Three Ever Shorter Telomere (EST) genes are dispensable for in vitro yeast telomerase activityJ Lingner
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:11190-5. 1997..Previous characterization of yeast telomerase function in vivo identified four EST (for ever shorter telomeres) genes that, when mutated, result in the phenotypes expected for a defect in telomerase...
- Circadian rhythms and enhanced athletic performance in the National Football LeagueR S Smith
Stanford University Sleep Disorders Clinic, CA 94305, USA
Sleep 20:362-5. 1997..m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) from the 1970-1994 seasons...
- The dimerization motif of cytosolic sulfotransferasesE V Petrotchenko
Pharmacogenetics Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, NIEHS NIH, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
FEBS Lett 490:39-43. 2001..The enzymes, including human estrogen sulfotransferase (hEST) and hydroxysteroid sulfotransferase (hHST), are generally homodimers in solution with mouse ..
- On site PCB analysis in support of a transformer rebuilding projectK Li
Emergencies Science Division, Environment Canada, Environmental Technology Centre, River Road, Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1A 0H3
J Hazard Mater 83:123-34. 2001..Resources Canada (NRCAN) to perform on-site analyses in support of a transformer-rebuilding project at Sault Ste-Marie, Ont...
- Bacterial expression and characterization of a cDNA for human liver estrogen sulfotransferaseC N Falany
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 52:529-39. 1995A distinct human estrogen sulfotransferase (hEST-1) cDNA has been isolated from a human liver lambda Zap cDNA library using a PCR procedure...
- Sulfotransferases in the bioactivation of xenobioticsH Glatt
Department of Toxicology, Deutsches Institut für Ernährungsforschung DIfE, Arthur Scheunert Allee 114 116, D 14558, Potsdam Rehbrucke, Germany
Chem Biol Interact 129:141-70. 2000..SULT-mediated reactivation may even occur if another initial reactive species, e.g. an epoxide, has reacted with water...
- Crystal structure of the human estrogen sulfotransferase-PAPS complex: evidence for catalytic role of Ser137 in the sulfuryl transfer reactionLars C Pedersen
Pharmacogenetics Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Biol Chem 277:17928-32. 2002b>Estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) transfers the sulfate group from 3'-phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphosulfate (PAPS) to estrogenic steroids...
- Crystallographic analysis of a hydroxylated polychlorinated biphenyl (OH-PCB) bound to the catalytic estrogen binding site of human estrogen sulfotransferaseSergei Shevtsov
Pharmacogenetic Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:884-8. 2003Certain hydroxylated polychlorinated biphenyls (OH-PCBs) inhibit the human estrogen sulfotransferase (hEST) at subnanomolar concentrations, suggesting a possible pathway for PCB toxicity due to environmental exposure in humans...
- Structural and chemical profiling of the human cytosolic sulfotransferasesAbdellah Allali-Hassani
Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Biol 5:e97. 2007..The data help explain substrate promiscuity in this family and, at the same time, reveal new similarities between hSULT family members that were previously unrecognized by sequence or structure comparison alone...
- Glucocorticoids antagonize estrogens by glucocorticoid receptor-mediated activation of estrogen sulfotransferaseHaibiao Gong
Center for Pharmacogenetics and Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Cancer Res 68:7386-93. 2008..activation of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) by dexamethasone (DEX) induced the expression and activity of estrogen sulfotransferase (SULT1E1 or EST), an enzyme important for the metabolic deactivation of estrogens, because sulfonated ..
- Comparison of murine and human estrogen sulfotransferase inhibition in vitro and in silico--implications for differences in activity, subunit dimerization and substrate inhibitionEva Stjernschantz
Leiden Amsterdam Centre for Drug Research Division of Molecular Toxicology, Department of Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Endocrinol 317:127-40. 2010It is well established that various endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) can inhibit human estrogen sulfotransferase (SULT1E1)...
- Steroid sulfotransferasesV Luu-The
Medical Research Council Group in Molecular Endocrinology, CHUL Research Center, Quebec, Canada
J Endocrinol 150:S87-97. 1996..b>Estrogen sulfotransferase catalyzes the conversion of estrone and estradiol to their inactive sulfated forms and could thus play a ..
- Molecular cloning and expression of a full-length complementary DNA encoding the guinea pig adrenocortical estrogen sulfotransferaseT Oeda
Section on Adrenal Cell Biology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Mol Endocrinol 6:1216-26. 1992Complementary DNA for the guinea pig adrenocortical estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) has been cloned and expressed...
- New development in intracrinology of breast carcinomaHironobu Sasano
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Breast Cancer 13:129-36. 2006..such as the 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17beta-HSD) isozymes, estrogen sulfatase (STS) and estrogen sulfotransferase, also play pivotal roles in intratumoral estrogen production...
- The Ste-Justine Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Cohort Study. Part I: Description of the studyM S Goldberg
Occupational and Environmental Health Section, Montreal Public Health Department, Quebec
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1551-61. 1994..The study was designed as a comparative retrospective cohort study. A total of 2,092 patients referred for AIS to Ste-Justine Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, between 1960 and 1979 were identified...
- Systemic distribution of steroid sulfatase and estrogen sulfotransferase in human adult and fetal tissuesYasuhiro Miki
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8575, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:5760-8. 2002..E1 is also sulfated and reverted into E1S by estrogen sulfotransferase (EST)...
- Interactions of the human cytosolic sulfotransferases and steroid sulfatase in the metabolism of tibolone and raloxifeneJosie L Falany
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 107:202-10. 2007..Raloxifene monosulfation was catalyzed by at least seven SULT isoforms and SULT1E1 also synthesizes raloxifene disulfate...
- Expression of estrogenicity genes in a lineage cell culture model of human breast cancer progressionJiaqi Fu
Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 48201, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:35-45. 2010..of estrogen receptor (ERalpha and ERbeta) and estrogen metabolism enzymes including cytosolic sulfotransferases (SULT1E1, SULT1A1, SULT2A1, and SULT2B1), steroid sulfatase (STS), aromatase (CYP19), 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases ..
- Expression of estrogen-metabolizing enzymes and estrogen receptors in cholelithiasis gallbladderMartin Svoboda
Institute of Pathophysiology, Center for Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Biomed Pharmacother 62:690-6. 2008..present at high concentrations in the circulation, is converted into the biologically active estrone (E1) by steroid sulfatase (STS) and again reverted into E1S by estrogen sulfotransferase (SULT1E1) providing a local estrogen storage.
- Redox regulation of human estrogen sulfotransferase (hSULT1E1)Smarajit Maiti
Department of Physiological Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 73:1474-81. 2007..Sulfation regulates hormone activities and detoxifies xenobiotics. Human estrogen sulfotransferase (hSULT1E1) catalyzes the sulfation of estrogens and regulates estrogen bioactivities...
- Interindividual variability in acetaminophen sulfation by human fetal liver: implications for pharmacogenetic investigations of drug-induced birth defectsAraba A Adjei
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 82:155-65. 2008..The purpose of this study was to characterize the variability of APAP sulfation in a panel of human fetal livers and to identify the sulfotransferases (SULT) isoform(s) responsible for catalyzing that activity...
- Transposon tagging and the study of root development in ArabidopsisR Tsugeki
Biotechnology Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA
Gravit Space Biol Bull 11:79-87. 1998..A gene expressed in root cap cells tagged with an enhancer-trap Ds was isolated and its corresponding EST cDNA was identified...
- Dexamethasone-induced hyperglycemia in obese Avy/a (viable yellow) female mice entails preferential induction of a hepatic estrogen sulfotransferaseA M Gill
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly, Indianapolis, Indiana
Diabetes 43:999-1004. 1994..This was effected by induction of estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) mRNA together with a > 10-fold increase in enzymatic activity...
- Estrogen sulfotransferases in breast and endometrial cancersJorge Raul Pasqualini
Hormones and Cancer Research Unit, Paris, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1155:88-98. 2009b>Estrogen sulfotransferase is significantly more active in the normal breast cell (e.g., Human 7) than in the cancer cell (e.g., MCF-7)...
- The Ste-Justine Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Cohort Study. Part IV: Surgical correction and back painB Poitras
, , Quebec
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1582-8. 1994..RESULTS. Among the 723 AIS subjects who had surgery at Ste. Justine's Hospital, 555 completed the questionnaire on back pain...
- Parabens inhibit human skin estrogen sulfotransferase activity: possible link to paraben estrogenic effectsJeffery J Prusakiewicz
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics, and Metabolism, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 2800 Plymouth Rd, 20 342S D, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Toxicology 232:248-56. 2007..application of parabens may lead to prolonged estrogenic effects in skin as a result of inhibition of estrogen sulfotransferase activity...
- Molecular biology of the human cytosolic sulfotransferase gene superfamily implicated in the bioactivation of minoxidil and cholesterol in skinT P Dooley
Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, Alabama 35205, USA
Exp Dermatol 8:328-9. 1999..The steroid sulfating genes, STD and STE, have been cloned by other laboratories...
- Sulfotransferase 1E1 is a low km isoform mediating the 3-O-sulfation of ethinyl estradiolMichael L Schrag
Drug Metabolism Department, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 32:1299-303. 2004..Based on the results described herein, cDNA-expressed human cytosolic SULT1A3 and SULT1E1 were identified as low Km isoforms (18.9 and 6.7 nM, respectively) mediating the sulfation of EE...
- Sulphation of o-desmethylnaproxen and related compounds by human cytosolic sulfotransferasesCharles N Falany
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 60:632-40. 2005..O-DMN was sulphated by SULT1A1, SULT1B1 and SULT1E1. All five SULT1 isoforms were capable of conjugating both alpha-naphthol and beta-naphthol...
- Expression of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases and other estrogen-metabolizing enzymes in different cancer cell linesT Smuc
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Biochemistry, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Biol Interact 178:228-33. 2009..1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 12) and one AKR (17beta-HSD type 5; AKR1C3), of aromatase, steroid sulfatase (STS) and estrogen sulfotransferase (SULT1E1), and of the alpha and beta estrogen receptors (ERs), in breast cancer (MCF-7), endometrial ..
- Quantitative evaluation of the expression and activity of five major sulfotransferases (SULTs) in human tissues: the SULT "pie"Zoe Riches
Division of Medical Sciences, Centre for Oncology and Molecular Medicine, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, United Kingdom
Drug Metab Dispos 37:2255-61. 2009..by quantitative immunoblotting, expression levels for the five principal human SULTs-SULT1A1, SULT1A3/4, SULT1B1, SULT1E1, and SULT2A1-and determined the kinetic properties toward probe substrates, where available, for these enzymes in ..
- [PCR amplification and structural analysis of two paralogous rat estrogen sulfotransferase genes]I I Astapova
Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 119991 Russia
Mol Biol (Mosk) 36:635-42. 2002..By PCR performed on rat genomic DNA, we have amplified fragments of two estrogen sulfotransferase genes, Ste1 and Ste2, and established their exon-intron organization...
- Sulfation of tibolone metabolites by human postmenopausal liver and small intestinal sulfotransferases (SULTs)Min Wang
Section of Endocrinology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68105, USA
Steroids 71:343-51. 2006..We detected SULT1A1, SULT1A3, SULT1E1 and SULT2A1 mRNA expression by RT-PCR in postmenopausal liver and small intestine...
- Sulfation of o-demethyl apixaban: enzyme identification and species comparisonLifei Wang
Pharmaceutical Candidate Optimization, Bristol Myers Squibb, P O Box 4000, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 37:802-8. 2009..exhibited significant levels of catalytic activity for formation of O-demethyl apixaban sulfate, and SULT1A3, SULT1E1, and SULT2A1 showed much lower catalytic activities...
- Sulfotransferase forms expressed in human intestinal Caco-2 and TC7 cells at varying stages of differentiation and role in benzo[a]pyrene metabolismWalter Meinl
Department of Nutritional Toxicology, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbrucke, Nuthetal, Germany
Drug Metab Dispos 36:276-83. 2008..SULT2B1a, SULT2B1b, and SULT4A1 were absent. SULT1E1 protein was found in TC7 but not in Caco-2 cells. Other differences in SULT between the cell lines were minor...
- Steroid sulfatase and estrogen sulfotransferase in colon carcinoma: regulators of intratumoral estrogen concentrations and potent prognostic factorsRyuichiro Sato
Department of Surgery and Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Cancer Res 69:914-22. 2009..of total estrogen was significantly associated with the combined status of steroid sulfatase (STS) and estrogen sulfotransferase (EST), but not with that of aromatase...
- The Ste-Justine Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Cohort Study. Part III: Back painN E Mayo
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1573-81. 1994..Health professionals involved with the management of persons with AIS need to consider this important outcome and need to put in place procedures for the identification, investigation, prevention, and treatment of back pain...
- Is mad cow disease caused by a bacteria?L Broxmeyer
Med America Research, 148 14A 11th Avenue, Whitestpme, NY 11357, USA
Med Hypotheses 63:731-9. 2004..Manuelidis found viral-like particles, which even when separated from prions, were responsible for spongiform STE's...
- Health care providers' requests to Teratogen Information Services on medication use during pregnancy and lactationMarie Pierre Gendron
University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 65:523-31. 2009..This situation may partly explain health care providers' (HCP) risk perceptions and thus the increasing number of calls to Teratogen Information Services (TIS)...
- Mycotoxins in riceKenji Tanaka
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Technical Information Society, Sixth Floor, Milling Building, 15 6, Kabuto cho, Nihonbashi, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 103 0026 Japan
Int J Food Microbiol 119:59-66. 2007..X), nivalenol (NIV), ochratoxin A (OTA), sterigmatocystin (STE), and zearalenone. Rice in Japan is preserved in warehouses where moisture content and temperature are regulated...
- Breast cancer tissue estrogens and their manipulation with aromatase inhibitors and inactivatorsJurgen Geisler
Department of Medicine, Section of Oncology, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 86:245-53. 2003..Beside aromatase, breast tissue expresses estrogen sulfotransferase and sulfatase as well as dehydrogenase activity, allowing estrogen storage and release in the cells as ..
- Estrogen sulfotransferase and steroid sulfatase in human breast carcinomaTakashi Suzuki
Departments of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
Cancer Res 63:2762-70. 2003b>Estrogen sulfotransferase (EST; SULT 1E1 or STE gene) sulfonates estrogens to inactive estrogen sulfates, whereas steroid sulfatase (STS) hydrolyzes estrone sulfate to estrone...
- Antibiogram and coagulase diversity in staphylococcal enterotoxin-producing Staphylococcus aureus from bovine mastitisJ S Moon
Department of Bacteriology, National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service, Anyang, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
J Dairy Sci 90:1716-24. 2007We investigated antibiogram and coagulase gene diversity in staphylococcal enterotoxin (StE)-producing Staphylococcus aureus isolated from raw milk samples of cows infected with mastitis from 140 dairy farms in Korea between 1997 and ..
- New developments in intracrinology of human breast cancer: estrogen sulfatase and sulfotransferaseHironobu Sasano
Department of Pathology Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1155:76-9. 2009Steroid sulfatase (STS) hydrolyses biologically inactive estrogen sulfates to active estrogens, while estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) sulfonates estrogens to estrogen sulfates...
- Behavior of lactating Holstein-Friesian cows during spontaneous cycles of estrusG Sveberg
Geno Breeding and AI Association, N 2317 Hamar, Norway
J Dairy Sci 94:1289-301. 2011The objectives of the present study were to describe, in detail, behavior associated with standing estrus (STE) in lactating dairy cows and behavioral changes during complete estrous cycles...
- Treatment patterns in elderly patients (greater than or equal to 70 years) with breast carcinoma. A retrospective study of the Gruppo Oncologico Clinico Cooperativo del nord-Est (GOCCNE)D Crivellari
Division of Medical Oncology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano, Italy
Tumori 77:136-40. 1991..Comorbid conditions are of particular concern in therapy planning, considering that more stage III patients died of competing causes than for disease progression. The role of chemotherapy was very marginal...
- Neurofibromatosis type 1 in a pediatric population: Ste-Justine's experienceJ M Boulanger
Division of Pediatric Neurology HSJ, Department of Pediatrics, Montreal University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 32:225-31. 2005..To date, few pediatric series of neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF-1) have been described in the literature even though it is the most frequently encountered phakomatosis...
- Dietary fatty acids affect plasma markers of inflammation in healthy men fed controlled diets: a randomized crossover studyDavid J Baer
Diet and Human Performance Laboratory, Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 79:969-73. 2004..The effect of individual dietary fatty acids on emerging risk factors for cardiovascular disease that are associated with subclinical inflammation is unknown...
- Estrogen inhibits cell proliferation through in situ production in human thymomaHironori Ishibashi
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:6495-504. 2005We showed previously estrogen receptor (ER) alpha as an independent prognostic marker in human thymoma. Estrogen sulfotransferase (EST), steroid sulfatase (STS), 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17beta-HSD), and aromatase are ..
- Isoenzyme studies on Toxoplasma gondii isolates using isoelectric focusingG Barnert
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 268:476-81. 1988..of the following 14 enzymes in the cell lysates was investigated: IDH, MDH, ME, 6PG, G6P, LDH, IPO, HEX, PGM, EST, ALP, ACP, LAP, and PGI...
- Reference moist smokeless tobacco-induced apoptosis in human monocytes/macrophages cell line MM6Catherine Lombard
RemX Specialty Staffing, c o Altria Client Services, Research, Development and Engineering, 601 East Jackson Street, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 10:1029-40. 2010..The current study investigated the direct effect of reference moist smokeless tobacco extract (STE) exposure on the viability of MM6 monocyte/macrophage cell line...
- Modulation of IL-12 p35 and p40 promoter activity by smokeless tobacco extract is associated with an effect upon activation of NF-kappaB but not IRF transcription factorsThomas M Petro
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 40th and Holdrege Streets, Lincoln, NE 68583 0740, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 3:735-45. 2003..Stimulation of IL-12 production by smokeless tobacco extract (STE) could increase the chances of oral inflammatory disease...
- Epidemiology of acute myocardial infarction in Romanian county hospitals: a population-based study in the Baia Mare districtC Pop
Emergency County Hospital, Baia Mare, Romania
Rom J Intern Med 42:607-23. 2004..The epidemiological characteristics, the methods used in treating the patients, as well as the evolution of the myocardial infarction are not known in the Romanian county and municipal hospitals...
- Classification and functional annotation of eukaryotic protein kinasesDiego Miranda-Saavedra
School of Life Sciences Research, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Proteins 68:893-914. 2007..kinases of yeast enriches the yeast kinome in protein kinases of the families AGC (5), CAMK (17), CMGC (4), and STE (1), thereby raising the family-level classification of yeast conventional protein kinases from 66.96 to 90.43%...
- The Ste-Justine Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis Cohort Study. Part II: Perception of health, self and body image, and participation in physical activitiesM S Goldberg
Occupational and Environmental Health Section, Montreal Public Health Department, Quebec
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 19:1562-72. 1994..Nevertheless, they had a more positive perception of self and appeared to be able to cope with their affliction and disfigurement in a positive way...
- Targeted disruption of the mouse estrogen sulfotransferase gene reveals a role of estrogen metabolism in intracrine and paracrine estrogen regulationY M Qian
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Endocrinology 142:5342-50. 2001..Here, we show that targeted disruption, in the mouse, of an estrogen metabolic enzyme, estrogen sulfotransferase (EST), causes structural and functional lesions in the male reproductive system...
- Mechanistic pathways of antioxidant cytoprotection by a novel IH636 grape seed proanthocyanidin extractDebasis Bagchi
Creighton University School of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Indian J Exp Biol 40:717-26. 2002..of GSPE, and vitamins C and E, singly and in combination, were assessed against smokeless tobacco extract (STE)-induced oxidative stress, DNA fragmentation and apoptotic cell death in a primary culture of normal human oral ..
- Inhibition of human phenol and estrogen sulfotransferase by certain non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agentsRoberta S King
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Curr Drug Metab 7:745-53. 2006..agents and determined their inhibitory potency and selectivity toward SULT1A1 and expressed human estrogen sulfotransferase (SULT1E1)...
- Identification of a glycosylated Ehrlichia canis 19-kilodalton major immunoreactive protein with a species-specific serine-rich glycopeptide epitopeJere W McBride
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Infect Immun 75:74-82. 2007..approximately 3 kDa), O-linked glycosylation sites were predicted in an amino-terminal serine/threonine/glutamate (STE)-rich patch (26 amino acids), carbohydrate was detected on the recombinant gp19 protein, and the neutral sugars ..
- Steroid sulfatase and estrogen sulfotransferase in normal human tissue and breast carcinomaTakashi Suzuki
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 86:449-54. 2003Steroid sulfatase (STS) hydrolyzes inactive estrone sulfate (E1-S) to estrone (E1), while estrogen sulfotransferase (EST; SULT 1E1 or STE gene) sulfonates estrogens to estrogen sulfates...
- Expression of Estrogen Sulfotransferase 1E1 and Steroid Sulfatase in Breast Cancer: A Immunohistochemical StudyD Poisson Paré
Molecular Endocrinology and Oncology Research Center, Laval University Hospital Research Center, 2705 Laurier Blvd, Quebec City, QC, Canada, G1V 4G2
Breast Cancer (Auckl) 3:9-21. 2009It is known that the steroid sulfatase (STS) and the estrogen sulfotransferase (EST1E1) are commonly expressed in human breast carcinomas...
- Primary coronary intervention in diabetic octogenarians with acute ST elevation myocardial infarctionCezary Sosnowski
Department of Hemodynamics, National Institute of Cardiology, Warsaw, Poland
Kardiol Pol 65:1181-6; discussion 1187-9. 2007..Diabetic patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS) have higher mortality risk than non-diabetic patients. No data are available on long-term results of interventional treatment of ACS in diabetic patients aged > or =80 years...
- Obesity-induced diabetes (diabesity) in C57BL/KsJ mice produces aberrant trans-regulation of sex steroid sulfotransferase genesE H Leiter
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
J Clin Invest 93:2007-13. 1994..Here we identify the genetic map locations of androgen and estrogen sulfotransferase genes important in maintaining the balance of active sex steroids in the liver...
- Estrogen-metabolizing enzymes in breast cancers from women over the age of 80 yearsNaoko Honma
Research Team for Geriatric Diseases, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Sakaecho 35 2, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 0015, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:607-13. 2006..sulfatase, and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (HSD-1) peripherally up-regulate, whereas estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) and HSD-2 down-regulate, the synthesis of active and more potent estrogens...
- Extent of ST-segment deviation in the single ECG lead of maximum deviation present 90 or 180 minutes after start of thrombolytic therapy best predicts outcome in acute myocardial infarctionK Schroder
Reha Klinik Ahrenshoop, Germany
Z Kardiol 90:557-67. 2001..ST segment resolution in only the one lead showing the maximal deviation (lead STR) or only by the existing ST segment deviation in the single ECG lead of maximum ST deviation present at a given time point after thrombolysis (lead STE).
- Phase behavior of stratum corneum lipid mixtures based on human ceramides: the role of natural and synthetic ceramide 1Joke A Bouwstra
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Invest Dermatol 118:606-17. 2002..1 was replaced by either synthetic CER1-linoleate (CER1-lin), or CER1-oleate (CER1-ol), or CER1-stearate (CER1-ste). After substitution of natural human ceramide 1 by synthetic ceramide 1 the following observations were made...
- Excess estrogen sulfoconjugation as the possible cause for a poor sign of parturition in pregnant cows carrying somatic cell clone fetusesHiroki Hirayama
Hokkaido Animal Research Center, Shintoku, Hokkaido 081 0038, Japan
Reproduction 136:639-47. 2008..Messenger RNA expression of estrogen sulfotransferase (SULT1E1) in the placenta at parturition was significantly higher in clone pregnancies than control ..
- Glucocorticoids stimulate hepatic and renal catecholamine inactivation by direct rapid induction of the dopamine sulfotransferase Sult1d1Stephen Wong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Wellington Road, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Endocrinology 151:185-94. 2010..promoter identified a glucocorticoid response element close to the neighboring glucocorticoid-responsive estrogen sulfotransferase Sult1e1 gene, indicating that both genes potentially share a common glucocorticoid response element...
- Eleven novel sep genes of Schizosaccharomyces pombe required for efficient cell separation and sexual differentiationA Grallert
Department of Genetics, University of Debrecen, Hungary
Yeast 15:669-86. 1999Genetic analysis of 20 sterile mutants prone to form hyphae revealed 11 novel ste genes (sep6 to sep16) of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. None of the mutants was completely mycelial...
- Enhancement of ovalbumin-specific IgA responses via oral boosting with antigen co-administered with an aqueous Solanum torvum extractD A Israf
Lab of Phytomedicines, Institute of Bioscience, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Life Sci 75:397-406. 2004..against ovalbumin (OVA) by co-administration of OVA with an aqueous extract from the fruit of Solanum torvum (STE)...
- Elevated hepatic SULT1E1 activity in mouse models of cystic fibrosis alters the regulation of estrogen responsive proteinsLi Li
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 1670 University Blvd, Volker Hall G133M, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Cyst Fibros 6:23-30. 2007..However, the underlying mechanisms of liver disease in CF are poorly understood...
- [Interventional therapy of acute myocardial infarction]R Zahn
Kardiologie, Pneumologie, Angiologie und Internistische Intensivmedizin, Herzzentrum Ludwigshafen, Bremserstrasse 79, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Internist (Berl) 49:1038-46. 2008..Here one has to differentiate an ACS with ST-elevation (STE-ACS = STEMI) from an ACS without ST-elevation (NSTE-ACS)...
- Baseline clinical characteristics and midterm prognosis of STE-ACS and NSTE-ACS patients with normal coronary arteriesLukasz Mazurkiewicz
Department of Coronary Artery Disease, Institute of Cardiology, Warsaw, Poland
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 14:4-12. 2009We sought to compare clinical profiles and midterm prognosis of patients with normal coronary arteries presenting with ST-elevation ACS (STE-ACS) versus non-ST-elevation ACS (nSTE-ACS).
- Expression level of enzymes related to in situ estrogen synthesis and clinicopathological parameters in breast cancer patientsMasayo Suzuki
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co Ltd, 1188 Shimotogari, Nagaizumi cho, Sunto gun, Shizuoka, Japan
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 113:195-201. 2009..b>Estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) was constantly expressed with high level not only in tumor tissues but also in their surrounding ..
- Quantification of left ventricular volumes using three-dimensional echocardiographic speckle tracking: comparison with MRIHans Joachim Nesser
Public Hospital Elisabethinen, Linz, Austria
Eur Heart J 30:1565-73. 2009Although the utility of two-dimensional (2D) speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) to quantify left ventricular (LV) volume has been demonstrated, this methodology is limited by foreshortened views, geometric modelling, and the ..
- Velocity vector imaging in the measurement of left ventricular twist mechanics: head-to-head one way comparison between speckle tracking echocardiography and velocity vector imagingDae Hee Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:1344-52. 2009..left ventricular rotation-associated values have not been validated, and the aim of this study was thus to perform a head-to-head comparison of twist-related values determined by VVI and speckle-tracking echocardiography (STE).
- Mst1-FoxO signaling protects Naïve T lymphocytes from cellular oxidative stress in miceJuhyun Choi
Department of Biological Sciences, National Research Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Biomedical Research Center, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, South Korea
PLoS ONE 4:e8011. 2009The Ste-20 family kinase Hippo restricts cell proliferation and promotes apoptosis for proper organ development in Drosophila. In C. elegans, Hippo homolog also regulates longevity...
- [Expression of estrogen sulfotransferase in the mammary gland of hypertrophic breast and its significance]Yan Qing Yang
Department of Plastic Surgery, Union Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong Science and Technology University, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Zheng Xing Wai Ke Za Zhi 27:48-50. 2011To investigate the expression of estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) in the mammary gland of hypertrophic breast and its significance.
- Translational diffusion measurements by microcoil NMR in aqueous solutions of the Fos-10 detergent-solubilized membrane protein OmpXReto Horst
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Phys Chem B 116:6775-80. 2012..IMP) OmpX (outer membrane protein X) have been characterized using pulsed field gradient-stimulated echo (PFG-STE) NMR experiments for measurements of translational diffusion coefficients...
- Myocardial deformation by speckle tracking in severe dilated cardiomyopathyMaria Cristina Donadio Abduch
Insitituto do Coração, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 99:834-43. 2012..In this scenario, speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) uses natural myocardial markers to analyze the systolic deformation of the left ventricle (LV).
- Comparing the effects of 3 weeks of upper-body vibration training, vibration and stretching, and stretching alone on shoulder flexibility in college-aged menSteven L Ferguson
Neuromuscular Research Laboratory, Department of Health and Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
J Strength Cond Res 27:3329-34. 2013..Shoulder flexion (SF), shoulder extension (SE), and shoulder transverse extension (STE) were assessed by a Leighton Flexometer and back scratch tests bilaterally (BSR, BSL) were measured via tape ..
- Evaluation of subclinical left ventricular dysfunction in diabetic patients: longitudinal strain velocities and left ventricular dyssynchrony by two-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography studyArezoo Zoroufian
Catheterization Laboratory of Tehran Heart Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Echocardiography 31:456-63. 2014..left ventricular (LV) subclinical systolic dysfunction in diabetes mellitus patients using two-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) for early detection of changes in LV longitudinal strain (ST) or synchronized contraction.
- Preclinical impairment of myocardial function in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Detection of myocardial strain by speckle tracking echocardiographyA O Baktir
Department of Cardiology, Kayseri Education and Research Hospital, Sanayi Mah Atatürk Bulvarı Hastane Cad No 78, 38010, Kocasinan Kayseri, Turkey
Herz 40:669-74. 2015..myocardial function can be detected by a novel echocardiographic method, speckle tracking echocardiography (STE), when conventional methods have yielded normal findings...
- Myocardial deformation imaging by two-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography in comparison to late gadolinium enhancement cardiac magnetic resonance for analysis of myocardial fibrosis in severe aortic stenosisRainer Hoffmann
Department of Cardiology, Pneumology, Angiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 114:1083-8. 2014Myocardial deformation analysis by speckle-tracking echocardiography (STE) has been used for analysis of myocardial viability and myocardial fibrosis. Patients with severe aortic stenosis are known to develop myocardial fibrosis...
- Prognostic Value of Speckle Tracking Echocardiography in Patients with ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction Treated with Late Percutaneous InterventionTao Cong
The First Affiliated Hospital of Dalian Medical University, Liaoning, China
Echocardiography 32:1384-91. 2015..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prognostic value of speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) for predicting LVr 6-9 months after late percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in patients with STEMI.
- Weight, height, and relative-reliability indicators as a management tool for reducing age at first breeding and calving of dairy heifersM Duplessis
Departement des Sciences Animales, Universite Laval, Quebec, G1V 0A6, Canada
J Dairy Sci 98:2063-73. 2015..and height measured at the withers (from 0 to 27 mo) were obtained from the Valacta database (DHI agency, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC, Canada) from 1995 to 2012...
- Gadolinium-enhanced MRI features of acute gouty arthritis on top of chronic gouty involvement in different jointsYasser Emad
Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Department, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Clin Rheumatol 34:1939-47. 2015..MRI revealed capsular thickening in 19 patients, bone marrow edema (BME) in 15, soft tissue edema (STE) in 20, joint effusion in 21, bone erosions in 17, cartilaginous erosions in 4, and tenosynovitis in 9 cases...
- Longitudinal Strain by Speckle Tracking Echocardiography in Pediatric Heart Transplant RecipientsSujatha Buddhe
Morgan Stanley Children s Hospital of New York Presbyterian, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 10:362-70. 2015..While traditional echocardiographic parameters have limitations, speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) is a novel technique shown to be more sensitive and accurate in adult studies for evaluating ventricular systolic ..
- Intratumoral estrogen sulfotransferase induction contributes to the anti-breast cancer effects of the dithiocarbamate derivative TM208Xi Wei Ji
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 36:1246-55. 2015..Thus, activation of estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) may be an alternative approach for the treatment of estrogen-dependent breast cancer...
- Impact of Early ST-Segment Changes on Cardiac Magnetic Resonance-Verified Intramyocardial Haemorrhage and Microvascular Obstruction in ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction PatientsSong Ding
From the Department of Cardiology SD, ZL, HG, Z QO, Y LC, FY, L CK, MJ, BH, JP and Department of Radiology A LA, Ren Ji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e1438. 2015..Sum ST-segment elevation (STE), maximal STE on admission and sum ST-segment resolution (STR), and single-lead STR and residual STE at 60 minutes ..
- Feasibility of Automated Three-Dimensional Rotational Mechanics by Real-Time Volume Transthoracic Echocardiography: Preliminary Accuracy and Reproducibility Data Compared with Cardiovascular Magnetic ResonanceXiao Zhou
PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 29:62-73. 2016Three-dimensional (3D) speckle-tracking echocardiography (STE) for myocardial strain imaging may be superior to two-dimensional STE, especially with respect to rotational mechanics...
- Characterization of DNA variants in the human kinome in breast cancerDivyansh Agarwal
Department of Breast Medical Oncology of Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Sci Rep 5:14736. 2015..Three kinase groups--CMGC, STE and TKL--showed greater mutational load in metastatic compared to primary cancer samples, however, after correction ..
- Effect of Long-Term TNF-α Inhibition with Infliximab on Left Ventricular Torsion in Patients with Rheumatoid ArthritisYasemin Ozden Ayyildiz
Department of Internal Medicine, Diskapi Education and Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Hellenic J Cardiol 56:406-13. 2015We evaluated the impact of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) inhibition on left ventricular torsion (LVtor) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) using speckle-tracking echocardiography (STE).
- Methodological Gaps in Left Atrial Function Assessment by 2D Speckle Tracking EchocardiographyRoxana Cristina Rimbas
University and Emergency Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Arq Bras Cardiol 105:625-36. 2015..However, evaluation of LA deformation derived from 2D speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) is a new feasible and promising approach for assessment of LA mechanics...
- Dexamethasone suppresses the growth of human non-small cell lung cancer via inducing estrogen sulfotransferase and inactivating estrogenLi jie Wang
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 37:845-56. 2016..In this study we explored the possibility that DEX might be used as an endocrine therapeutic agent to treat human non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Two-dimensional and three-dimensional left ventricular deformation analysis: a study in competitive athletesFlavio D'Ascenzi
Department of Medical Biotechnologies, Division of Cardiology, University of Siena, Viale M Bracci, 16, 53100, Siena, Italy
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 32:1697-1705. 2016Two-dimensional (2D) speckle-tracking echocardiography (STE) has clarified functional adaptations accompanying the morphological features of 'athlete's heart'...
- The value of 3-dimensional longitudinal strain in the evaluation of complex coronary lesions in non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome patientZekun Cai
aDepartment of Cardiology, Guangzhou General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Region, PLA, Guangzhou bThe Second Affiliated Hospital of Shantou University Medical College, Shantou cInstitute of Biomedical and Health Engineering, Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology, Shenzhen dDepartment of Ultrasound, Guangzhou General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Region, PLA eSouthern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e4667. 2016..global peak longitudinal strain (GPLS) derived from the 3-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography (3D-STE) in the diagnosis of the complex non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes (NSTE-ACS) by comparing GPLS to ..
- Left atrial mechanics strongly predict functional capacity assessed by cardiopulmonary exercise testing in subjects without structural heart diseaseLuís Leite
Cardiology Department, Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra, Praceta Prof Mota Pinto, 3000 075, Coimbra, Portugal
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging . 2016..essential for cardiovascular performance and is evaluable by two-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography (2D-STE)...
- Left ventricular function after takotsubo is not fully recovered in long-term follow-up: A speckle tracking echocardiography studyRadoslaw S Nowak
Klinika Kardiochirurgii i Chirurgii Naczyniowej Uniwersyteckie Centrum Kliniczne ul Dębinki 7, 80 211 Gdansk
Cardiol J . 2017..It is suggested that 2-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography (2D STE) can evaluate LV dysfunction more accurately than conventional echocardiography...
- Relationship between R-R interval and left ventricular systolic synchrony in subjects with coronary artery disease determined using angiographyLi Ma
Department of Echocardiography, First Affiliated Hospital, Xinjiang Medical University Urmuqi, China
Am J Cardiovasc Dis 6:175-184. 2016..strain (Tssl) on 17 LV segments were quantified using four-dimensional (4D) speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) and manually measured...
- Regulation of Sulfotransferases by LXR and its Implication in PathophysiologyWen Xie; Fiscal Year: 2011..These include SULT2A9, a bile acid detoxifying hydroxysteroidsulfotransferase, and estrogen sulfotransferase (EST, orSULT1E1), which catalyzes the sulfation and deactivation of the estrogens...
- HUMAN CYTOSOLIC SULFOTRANSFERASESCharles N Falany; Fiscal Year: 2013..role of PAPS- associated structural rearrangement in substrate recognition and kinetics for human SULT 1A1 and SULT1E1. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Sulfotransferase (SULT) 2A1 is a major hepatic enzyme involved in the sulfation of ..
- Mechanisms and Functions of Human SulfotransferasesGuangping Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..3. To Define Oxidative Regulation Mechanisms of Human SULT1E1. Oxidative regulation of human SULT1E1 in Hep G2 and Caco-2 cells and redox thiol regulation mechanisms of ..
- Genetic Variation in Estrogen Sulfation Genes and Endometrial Cancer RiskVERONICA SETIAWAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..between putative functional polymorphisms and tagging single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in SULT1A1, SULT1E1, STS and UGT1A1 with endometrial cancer risk, along with genexgene and genexenvironment interactions with ..
- SULFOTRANSFERASE EXPRESSION IN EPITHELIA AND CARCINOMASTHOMAS DOOLEY; Fiscal Year: 2001..Two other loci, STE and STD, encode gene products capable of sulfating steroids, and the biochemical activity of SULT1C1 is unknown...
- Fluorescent HTS Assays for Human SulfotransferasesRobert Lowery; Fiscal Year: 2003..provide proof of principle for a fluorescence based homogenous assay method for sulfotransferases using estrogen sulfotransferase (SULT1E1) as a model...
- Rashmi Sood; Fiscal Year: 2016..We expand our studies to a second model of placental failure in which a deficiency of estrogen sulfotransferase causes placental thrombosis associated with increased sensitivity of maternal platelets to thrombin and ..
- Fetal Endocrine Disruption by TriclosanCharles E Wood; Fiscal Year: 2012..These sulfate conjugates are formed in the placenta by the enzyme estrogen sulfotransferase (SULT1E1), which is highly expressed in the placenta...
- Estrogen Sulfotransferase in Human AdipogenesisCHIBUEZE ANTHONY IHUNNAH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our goal is to assess the role of Estrogen Sulfotransferase in human adipogenesis...
- PCBs: Environmental Modulators of Human Breast Cancer ProgressionMELISSA A RUNGE MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..while some hydroxylated PCBs are estrogen receptor (ER) ligands, others are potent inhibitors of estrogen sulfotransferase, the major estrogen-inactivating enzyme in human breast epithelial cells...
- BITA F CYRUS; Fiscal Year: 2015..A critical ste in the inflammatory response is the emigration of leukocytes out of the blood and into the tissues, since this is ..
- Heather A Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2016..This is a first ste towards personalized medicine, and for understanding DNA sequence-metabolic function relationships that are ..
- Jonathan P Winickoff; Fiscal Year: 2016..questions of generalizability, sustainability, and cost- effectiveness of the intervention using a national 20-ste sample of pediatric practices...
- Sarah Shizuko Morimoto; Fiscal Year: 2016..The identification of this specific and clinically relevant neurocognitive deficit was an essential ste in designing the proposed computerized cognitive remediation (CCR) intervention...
- DOLORES JEAN LAMB; Fiscal Year: 2016..cell biology, steroid hormone receptors, male reproductive biology/infertility, genetics, cell cycle control, ste cells, gene therapy and gene disruption. The trainees will be M.D...
- Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplants for HPV+Cervical CancerAlexander Fefer; Fiscal Year: 2003..and lymphoid chimerism, and d) determine by concurrent immunologic monitoring whether T cells from the normal ste cell donors can acquire HPVE6/E7-specific reactivity in vivo or in vitro, with a view to eventual (after this grant ..
- 7th International Conference on Unstable Microsatellites in Human DiseaseLaura P W Ranum; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Ste. Odile, near Strasbourg France from June 9-14, 2012...
- Identifying Molecular Signatures of CancerSubha Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our internal EST data mining efforts with 323 kinases suggests that most kinases are alternately spliced...
- INTRACELLULAR CALCIUM REGULATION IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEANGELIKA GROSSMAN; Fiscal Year: 1991..Ca2+]i) acts as a second messenger in transmembrane signaling study of [Ca2+]i reveals the integrity of early ste s in receptor signaling pathways, and the capacity of cells to mobilize store calcium and open calcium channels...
- FUNCTION OF THE STE 20 KINASE NIK IN DROSOPHILAEdward Skolnik; Fiscal Year: 2002..NIK minus cell lines will be derived from these mice, and these cell lines will be used to determine which upstream signals are dependent upon NIK to activate the JNK MAP kinase pathway. ..
- SULFURYL-TRANSFER--THE HUMAN ESTROGEN SULFOTRANSFERASETHOMAS LEYH; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) catalyzes transfer of the sulfuryl-moiety from PAPS, or activated sulfate, to a variety of ..
- ROLE AND REGULATION OF ESTROGEN SULFOTRANSFERASEWenchao Song; Fiscal Year: 2000b>Estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) is a 35 kd cytosolic enzyme that catalyzes specifically the sulfo-conjugation and inactivation of estrogen. A primary site for Est expression in mammals is the Leydig cells of the testis...
- EFFECTS OF MELATONIN ON MAMMARY AND UTERINE TUMOR GROWTHDavid Blask; Fiscal Year: 1990..Other in vitro studies will determine the effects of Mel directly on the growth, hormone binding, estrogen sulfotransferase activity and mitogenic protein synthesis/secretion of carcinogen-induced breast cancer cells as well as ..
- A Mayo Cohort Study of Mammographic Breast DensityCeline Vachon; Fiscal Year: 2007..also whether there is an association between this change and four functional polymorphisms in the genes SULT1A1, SULT1E1 and CYP3A5...
- Immunoproteomics and Estrogen Dependent ProteinsLee Faber; Fiscal Year: 2004..This enhances the signal to noise ratio of the mass spectrometric ste and potentially obviate variations in protein-antibody interactions that will plague muItiple assay procedures...
- Role of Toll-like Receptor-4 in Obesity-associated HCCTRUMAN EARL; Fiscal Year: 2007..lrisk.factors for ,,_ hepatoceNular.carcinoma (HCC)..We,hope tojo.b.etter, understand factors inhejentt;^ste'atoticJivers^that predispose them to liyer disease,and develppmejntof H.CCi;.Jhe,,primary pbjeptLye of this...
- Mechanism of protection of DAF and CD59 in SLEWenchao Song; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such results should facilitate the development of innovative therapeutic strategies for human SLE. ..
- Pharmacogenetic Epidemiology of Birth Defects and CancerTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Molecular Pharmacology of Estrogen SulfotransferaseWenchao Song; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Estrogen sulfotransferase (EST) is a phase II metabolic enzyme that sulfoconjugates and inactivates the steroid hormone estrogen...
- ETHANOL EFFECTS ON BONE FORMATION IN PREGNANCYMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The role of CYP2E1 and free radicals in the skeletal toxicity of ethanol during these periods will also be studied. ..
- ETIOLOGIC HETEROGENEITY IN LATE ONSET BREAST CANCERTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these analyses will be used to attempt to elucidate the complex, multifactorial aetiology of late onset breast cancer. ..
- Sub-Millimeter Stimultaneous SPECT-CT for ImagingLawrence MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- IMAGING PROBE: LYMPH NODE IDENTIFICATION & LOCALIZATIONLawrence MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2002..The imaging probe developed here, at no extra cost to wasting non- imaging probes, will provide physicians with a more functional instrument that can carry the Sentinel Node technique further and faster. ..
- GENES CAUSING SPONTANEOUS OBESITYCraig Warden; Fiscal Year: 2002..They have already found that spretus and B6 UCP2 differ for 2 amino acids, so uncoupling activity of UCP2 from these strains will be examined. ..
- HEPATOBILIARY DISPOSITION IN TOXICOLOGYCurtis Klaassen; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ETHANOL METABOLISM IN PREGNANCY--ROLE OF DIETMartin Ronis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Environmental Hormones: Effects on Thyroid FunctionCurtis Klaassen; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Positional cloning of obesity genes from congenic miceCraig H Warden; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term outcome is that we will identify at least one novel and strong and plausible obesity gene. ..
- CNS Action of Appetite Suppressant AminosterolRexford S Ahima; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding of the central neuronal actions MSI-1436 may elucidate novel targets for the treatment of obesity and related diseases. ..
- Prophytactic surgery in carriers of BRCA 1/2 mutationsTimothy R Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will motivate future studies of BRCA1/2-associated breast tumor biology, prevention, and treatment. ..
- Ethnic difference in prostate cancerTimothy R Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulation of Hepatic Excretion of Xenobiotics by MrpsCurtis D Klaassen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Elucidation of the role of Nrf2 in the regulation of the efflux transport process will have significant ramifications in toxicology, xenobiotics disposition, drug-drug interaction, and cancer chemoprevention. ..
- Protective Glycopeptide Immunodeterminants of Ehrlichia chaffeensisJere W McBride; Fiscal Year: 2010..chaffeensis. HME is an emerging public health concern, and this research will facilitate rational development of vaccines and therapeutics against the most prevalent life-threatening tick- borne disease in North America. ..
- Coordinate Regulation of Uptake and Efflux TransportersCurtis D Klaassen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Micellar VIP Nanoparticles for Rheumatoid ArthritisIsrael Rubinstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Carcinogenicity of EstrogensDAVID SPINK; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies may elucidate roles of estrogen in the regulation of Ah responsiveness, CYP1 expression, and carcinogen bioactivation that may lead to novel breast cancer chemoprevention strategies. ..
- RAPID ISOLATION OF DIET-RESPONSIVE OBESITY GENESCraig Warden; Fiscal Year: 2009..We believe that this study offers the opportunity to identify a gene causing maternal effects on obesity, as well as three other obesity genes, by using well characterized congenic mouse strains. ..
- Mechanism of Meiotic Pairing in DrosophilaBRUCE MCKEE; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) What is the molecular basis for homologous pairing in early prophase. 4) How are homologous pairing and conjunction related? We will use predominant genetic and cell biological methods to address these questions. ..
- Modifiers of Cancer Risk in BRCA 1/2 Mutation CarriersTimothy Rebbeck; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our substantial multidisciplinary experience will therefore allow us to readily translate basic science and epidemiological data to clinically relevant information. ..