Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: STX4
Description: syntaxin 4
Alias: STX4A, p35-2, syntaxin-4, renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-31, syntaxin 4A (placental)
- Molecular and functional analysis of the LYS1 gene of Candida albicansR Garrad
Department of Microbiology, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056
Infect Immun 62:5027-31. 1994..YpBRG2 has been shown to complement the saccharopine dehydrogenase mutant Stx4-4A of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Transformants of S...
- Human platelets contain SNARE proteins and a Sec1p homologue that interacts with syntaxin 4 and is phosphorylated after thrombin activation: implications for platelet secretionG L Reed
Cardiovascular Biology Laboratory, Harvard School of Public Health, Cardiac Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 93:2617-26. 1999..We found that platelet membranes contain a full complement of interacting proteins-VAMP, SNAP-25, and syntaxin 4-that are necessary for vesicle docking and fusion with the plasma membrane...
- Protease-activated receptor-1 activation of endothelial cells induces protein kinase Calpha-dependent phosphorylation of syntaxin 4 and Munc18c: role in signaling p-selectin expressionJian Fu
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 280:3178-84. 2005..We identified the presence of syntaxin 4, syntaxin 3, and the high affinity syntaxin 4-regulatory protein Munc18c in human lung microvascular endothelial ..
- Involvement of syntaxin 4 in the transport of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase to the plasma membrane in human gastric epithelial cellsTomohiko Miyata
Department of Gastroenterology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:118-24. 2004..Immunocytochemistry revealed that transient transfection of AGS cells with dominant-negative mutant syntaxin 4 decreased plasma membrane MT1-MMP expression...
- Protein kinase C phosphorylation of syntaxin 4 in thrombin-activated human plateletsS H Chung
Cardiovascular Biology Laboratory, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 275:25286-91. 2000..We found that syntaxin 4 was phosphorylated in human platelets treated with a physiologic agent that induces secretion (thrombin) but not ..
- Syntaxin 4a Regulates Matrix Vesicle-Mediated Bone Matrix Production by OsteoblastsShinji Kawai
Challenge to Intractable Oral Diseases, Center for Frontier Oral Science, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
J Bone Miner Res . 2016..We especially focused on SNARE genes and identified notable Syntaxin 4a (Stx4a) expression on the basolateral side of the plasma membrane of osteoblasts...
- Detailed Analysis of Protein Topology of Extracellular Vesicles-Evidence of Unconventional Membrane Protein OrientationAleksander Cvjetkovic
Krefting Research Center, Institute of Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Sci Rep 6:36338. 2016..Two examples of such proteins, SCAMP3 and STX4, were confirmed to have a reversed topology...
- VAMP2 is implicated in the secretion of antibodies by human plasma cells and can be replaced by other synaptobrevinsLaura Gómez-Jaramillo
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario Puerta del Mar, Cadiz, Spain
Cell Mol Immunol . 2016..We have previously shown that SNAP23 and STX4 are the t-SNAREs responsible for antibody secretion...
- De-regulation of diabetic regulatory genes in psoriasis: Deciphering the unsolved riddleSuad Alfadhli
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Kuwait University, Kuwait Electronic address
Gene 593:110-6. 2016..The analysis revealed three candidate genes GSK3B, PTPN1, STX4 that are differentially expressed in study subjects. GSK3B was highly significant in Ps-T2D (P=0.00018, FR=-26...
- Syntaxin 4 regulates the surface localization of a promyogenic receptor Cdo thereby promoting myogenic differentiationMiran Yoo
Research Center for Cell Fate Control, College of Pharmacy, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul, 140 742 Republic of Korea
Skelet Muscle 5:28. 2015Syntaxins are a family of membrane proteins involved in vesicle trafficking, such as synaptic vesicle exocytosis. Syntaxin 4 (Stx4) is expressed highly in skeletal muscle and plays a critical role in insulin-stimulated glucose uptake by ..
- Syntaxin-4 mediates exocytosis of pre-docked and newcomer insulin granules underlying biphasic glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in human pancreatic beta cellsLi Xie
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Medical Sciences Building, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5S 1A8
Diabetologia 58:1250-9. 2015..Some work was reported on Syn-4's role in biphasic glucose-stimulated insulin secretion (GSIS), but its precise role in insulin SG exocytosis remains unclear. In this paper we examine this role in human beta cells...
- Blocking the expression of syntaxin 4 interferes with initial phagocytosis of Brucella melitensis in macrophagesAlfredo Castañeda-Ramírez
Laboratorio de Microbiologia Molecular, Departamento de Microbiologia e Inmunologia, Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Av Universidad 3000, Circuito exterior s n, CU, Distrito Federal 04510, México Castañeda Ramírez, González Rodríguez, Hernández Pineda, Verdugo Rodríguez Departamento de Zootecnia, Universidad Autonoma Chapingo, Texcoco, México Castañeda Ramírez
Can J Vet Res 79:39-45. 2015..A multiplicity of infection of 100 was used in trials focused on defining the relative expression of syntaxin 4 (STX4), a soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor, in the early events of ..
- SNAP23, Syntaxin4, and vesicle-associated membrane protein 7 (VAMP7) mediate trafficking of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) during invadopodium formation and tumor cell invasionKarla C Williams
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 25:2061-70. 2014..Increased level of SNAP23-Syntaxin4-VAMP7 interaction correlates with decreased Syntaxin4 phosphorylation. These results reveal an important role for SNARE-regulated trafficking of MT1-MMP to invadopodia during cellular invasion of ECM. ..
- Sec22b regulates phagosomal maturation and antigen crosspresentation by dendritic cellsIgnacio Cebrian
Institut Curie, INSERM U932, Immunité et Cancer, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Cell 147:1355-68. 2011..Sec22b localizes to the ER-Golgi intermediate compartment (ERGIC) and pairs to the plasma membrane SNARE syntaxin 4, which is present in phagosomes (Phgs)...
- Syntaxins 3 and 4 are concentrated in separate clusters on the plasma membrane before the establishment of cell polaritySeng Hui Low
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106 9610, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:977-89. 2006..Deletion of the apical targeting signal of syntaxin 3 does not prevent sorting into clusters away from syntaxin 4. Syntaxin 3 and 4 cluster formation depends on different mechanisms because the integrity of syntaxin 3 clusters ..
- Vesicle-associated membrane protein 3 (VAMP-3) and VAMP-8 are present in human platelets and are required for granule secretionJanos Polgar
Cardiovascular Biology Laboratory, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 100:1081-3. 2002..mass spectrometry, we identified VAMP-3 and VAMP-8 as VAMP isoforms coimmunoprecipitated from platelets with syntaxin 4. Immunoblotting experiments confirmed the presence of VAMP-3 and VAMP-8 but not VAMP-1 or VAMP-2 in platelets...
- Glia Maturation Factor-γ Regulates Monocyte Migration through Modulation of β1-IntegrinWulin Aerbajinai
From the Molecular and Clinical Hematology Branch, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 and
J Biol Chem 291:8549-64. 2016..Furthermore, we observed that GMFG interacted with syntaxin 4 (STX4) and syntaxin-binding protein 4 (STXBP4); however, only knockdown of STXBP4, but not STX4, reduced ..
- A critical role for vesicle-associated membrane protein-7 in exocytosis from human eosinophils and neutrophilsM R Logan
Pulmonary Research Group, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada, and Department of Medicine and Immunology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Allergy 61:777-84. 2006..Vesicle-associated membrane proteins-7 and -8 have been implicated in endosome/lysosome trafficking, however, their role in granulocyte exocytosis remains obscure...
- Analysis of pharmacogenomic variants associated with population differentiationBora Yeon
Interdisciplinary Program in Bioinformatics, Seoul National University, Gwanak ro, Gwanak Gu, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 10:e0119994. 2015..0142). Among the 17 genes related to cell communication identified in the HD gene group, five genes (STX4, PPARD, DCK, GRIK4, and DRD3) contained single nucleotide polymorphisms with Fst values greater than 0.5...
- Syntaxin-4 is essential for IgE secretion by plasma cellsArman Rahman
Immunomodulation Group, School of Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Ireland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 440:163-7. 2013..An understanding of this machinery may be beneficial in identifying potential therapeutic targets in multiple myeloma and autoimmune disease where over-production of Ig leads to severe pathology in patients...
- Characterization of novel markers of senescence and their prognostic potential in cancerM Althubiti
1 Department of Biochemistry, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK 2 Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Umm Al Qura University, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Cell Death Dis 5:e1528. 2014..identified 107 proteins that could be potential markers of senescence and validated 10 of them (DEP1, NTAL, EBP50, STX4, VAMP3, ARMX3, B2MG, LANCL1, VPS26A and PLD3)...
- Syntaxin 4 up-regulation increases efficiency of insulin release in pancreatic islets from humans with and without type 2 diabetes mellitusEunjin Oh
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research E O, N D S, R G M, D C T, Basic Diabetes Group, Department of Pediatrics, and Departments of Medicine R G M, Cellular and Integrative Physiology R G M, D C T, and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology R G M, D C T, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:E866-70. 2014..We took advantage of the rare opportunity to test this paradigm using islets from human type 2 diabetic individuals...
- Syntaxin-4 is implicated in the secretion of antibodies by human plasma cellsLaura Gómez-Jaramillo
2 9 planta, Hospital Universitario Puerta del Mar, Avda Ana de Viya, 21, 11009 Cadiz, Spain
J Leukoc Biol 95:305-12. 2014..SNAP23, STX3, and STX4 were localized mainly in the plasma membrane of PCs, and interactions of SNAP23 with STX3 and with STX4 were proven ..
- The impact of extracellular syntaxin4 on HaCaT keratinocyte behaviorNanako Kadono
Department of Bioscience, Kwansei Gakuin University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417:1200-5. 2012..These results revealed, for the first time, the extracellular role of syntaxin4 and shed light on the division of the extracellular effects exerted by epimorphin and syntaxin4 on keratinocyte cornification...
- Aberrant localization of fusion receptors involved in regulated exocytosis in salivary glands of Sjögren's syndrome patients is linked to ectopic mucin secretionMaría José Barrera
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Biomedical Sciences ICBM, University of Chile, Postal Code 8389100, Santiago, Chile
J Autoimmun 39:83-92. 2012..of SNARE proteins (membrane fusion receptors) involved in regulated secretion, such as VAMP8, syntaxin 3 (STX3), STX4 and SNAP-23 were altered in salivary glands (SG) from SS-patients...
- The dysbindin-containing complex (BLOC-1) in brain: developmental regulation, interaction with SNARE proteins and role in neurite outgrowthC A Ghiani
Mental Retardation Research Center, Jane and Terry Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7332, USA
Mol Psychiatry 15:115, 204-15. 2010....
- Syntaxins 3 and 4 mediate vesicular trafficking of α5β1 and α3β1 integrins and cancer cell migrationPaul Day
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Int J Oncol 39:863-71. 2011..Collectively, these data suggest that syntaxins 3- and 4-dependent integrin trafficking is important in cancer cell migration and survival, and may be a valuable target for cancer therapy...
- Insulin-responsive tissues contain the core complex protein SNAP-25 (synaptosomal-associated protein 25) A and B isoforms in addition to syntaxin 4 and synaptobrevins 1 and 2M N Jagadish
CSIRO, Division of Biomolecular Engineering, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Biochem J 317:945-54. 1996..It describes the isolation and characterization of cDNA molecules encoding SNAP-25 A and B isoforms, syntaxin 4 and synaptobrevins (also known as vehicle-associated membrane proteins) from two major human insulin-responsive ..
- SNARE protein expression and localization in human cytotoxic T lymphocytesVarsha Pattu
Institute of Physiology, Saarland University, Homburg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 42:470-5. 2012..Vti1b, Stx8 and Stx16 had the highest degrees of co-localization with LGs while Stx3, Stx4, Stx6, Stx7, Stx8, Stx13, Vti1b, VAMP3 and VAMP4 co-localized with CD3...
- Integrating interacting drugs and genetic variations to improve the predictability of warfarin maintenance dose in Chinese patientsShi long Zhong
Medical Research Center of Guangdong General Hospital, Guangdong Provincial Cardiovascular Institute, Guangdong Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Guangdong Academy of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China
Pharmacogenet Genomics 22:176-82. 2012..This study sought to systematically investigate the effects of VKORC1, STX4A, CYP2C9, CYP4F2, CYP3A4, and GGCX gene polymorphisms and interacting drugs on warfarin maintenance dose.
- Role of syntaxin 4 in activity-dependent exocytosis and synaptic plasticity in hippocampal neuronsPonnuswamy Mohanasundaram
Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, India
Sci Signal 3:jc7. 2010..enriched in the target SNARE [soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF) attachment protein receptor] syntaxin 4 (Stx4)...
- The influence of genetic polymorphisms and interacting drugs on initial response to warfarin in Chinese patients with heart valve replacementShi long Zhong
Guangdong Provincial Cardiovascular Institute, Medical Research Center of Guangdong General Hospital, Guangdong Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Guangdong Academy of Medical Sciences, 96 Dongchuan Road, Guangzhou, GD 510080, People s Republic of China
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 67:581-90. 2011..This study sought to systematically investigate the effects of genetic polymorphisms of VKORC1, STX4A, CYP2C9, CYP3A4, and GGCX and interacting drugs on the initial responses to warfarin in Chinese patients with ..
- Involvement of Munc18 isoforms in the regulation of granule exocytosis in neutrophilsCristiana Brochetta
INSERM U699, Paris, F 75018, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1783:1781-91. 2008..and Munc18-3 were often located in close proximity to their respective SNARE-binding partners syntaxin 3 and syntaxin 4. Both isoforms were also found in plasma membrane fractions and in the cytosol, where they associate with ..
- Stimulus-induced S-nitrosylation of Syntaxin 4 impacts insulin granule exocytosisDean A Wiseman
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 286:16344-54. 2011..stress serving as a mechanistic basis for insulin secretory dysfunction, we identified the t-SNARE protein Syntaxin 4 as a target of modification by S-nitrosylation...
- Syntaxin 4 is required for acid sphingomyelinase activity and apoptotic functionCristiana Perrotta
Unit of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Clinical Sciences, University Hospital Luigi Sacco, Universita degli Studi di Milano, 20157 Milan, Italy
J Biol Chem 285:40240-51. 2010..from intracellular compartments to the plasma membrane in an exocytic pathway requiring the t-SNARE protein syntaxin 4. Indeed, down-regulation of syntaxin 4 inhibits A-SMase translocation and activation induced by CD95 stimulation...
- Recycling endosome membrane incorporation into the leading edge regulates lamellipodia formation and macrophage migrationKelly J Veale
CHBRI Wound Healing Laboratory, Kids Research Institute, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Traffic 11:1370-9. 2010..the cell surface, as consisting of the R-SNARE VAMP3 on the recycling endosome partnering with the surface Q-SNARE Stx4/SNAP23, which was found to translocate and accumulate on the leading edge of migrating cells...
- Reduced plasma membrane expression of dysferlin mutants is attributed to accelerated endocytosis via a syntaxin-4-associated pathwayFrances J Evesson
Institute for Neuroscience and Muscle Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Biol Chem 285:28529-39. 2010....
- Syntaxin-4 defines a domain for activity-dependent exocytosis in dendritic spinesMatthew J Kennedy
Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cell 141:524-35. 2010..Exocytosis occurs at microdomains enriched in the plasma membrane t-SNARE syntaxin 4 (Stx4), and disruption of Stx4 impairs both spine exocytosis and long-term potentiation (LTP) at hippocampal ..
- Regulation of the hDlg/hScrib/Hugl-1 tumour suppressor complexPaola Massimi
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, Padriciano 99, I 34012 Trieste, Italy
Exp Cell Res 314:3306-17. 2008..We also demonstrate an interaction between the three components of the hScrib complex and the tSNARE syntaxin 4, and show that correct localization of the Scrib complex is in part tSNARE dependent...
- A genome-wide scan for common genetic variants with a large influence on warfarin maintenance doseGregory M Cooper
Department of Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA98195, USA
Blood 112:1022-7. 2008..Randomized clinical trials that account for these 2 genes should therefore produce results that are definitive and broadly applicable...
- The role of the recycling endosome in regulating lamellipodia formation and macrophage migrationKelly J Veale
CHBRI Wound Healing Laboratory Kids Research Institute at The Children s Hospital at Westmead Sydney, Australia
Commun Integr Biol 4:44-7. 2011..In order for this to happen the surface Q-SNARE complex Stx4/SNAP23 translocates to the leading edge where it binds to the R-SNARE VAMP3 on the recycling endosome allowing ..
- VAMP3 regulates podosome organisation in macrophages and together with Stx4/SNAP23 mediates adhesion, cell spreading and persistent migrationKelly J Veale
CHBRI Wound Healing Laboratory, Kids Research Institute at the Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW 2145, Australia
Exp Cell Res 317:1817-29. 2011..By altering the levels of individual components of the VAMP3/Stx4/SNAP23 complex we show here that this SNARE complex regulates efficient macrophage adhesion, spreading and ..
- Gene expression profiling reveals renin mRNA overexpression in human hypertensive kidneys and a role for microRNAsFrancine Z Marques
Basic and Clinical Genomics Laboratory, School of Medical Sciences and Bosch Institute, Building F13, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
Hypertension 58:1093-8. 2011..We then confirmed expression differences for AIFM1, AMBP, APOE, CD36, EFNB1, NDUFAF1, PRDX5, REN, RENBP, SLC13A1, STX4, and TNNT2 mRNAs and for miRNAs hsa-miR-21, hsa-miR-126, hsa-miR-181a, hsa-miR-196a, hsa-miR-451, hsa-miR-638, and ..
- Identification of SNAP receptors in rat adipose cell membrane fractions and in SNARE complexes co-immunoprecipitated with epitope-tagged N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion proteinK I Timmers
Experimental Diabetes, Metabolism and Nutrition Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem J 320:429-36. 1996..These complexes contain VAMPs 2 and 3 and syntaxin 4, but not syntaxins 2 or 3. Complex formation requires ATP and is disrupted by ATP hydrolysis...
- Syntaxin-4 is localized to the apical plasma membrane of rat renal collecting duct cells: possible role in aquaporin-2 traffickingB Mandon
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1598, USA
J Clin Invest 98:906-13. 1996....
- Identification of a novel syntaxin- and synaptobrevin/VAMP-binding protein, SNAP-23, expressed in non-neuronal tissuesV Ravichandran
Experimental Immunology Branch, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 271:13300-3. 1996..These findings suggest that SNAP-23 is an essential component of the high affinity receptor for the general membrane fusion machinery and an important regulator of transport vesicle docking and fusion in all mammalian cells...
- Isolation and sequence analysis of the human syntaxin-encoding geneH Li
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702 1201
Gene 143:303-4. 1994..Here, we describe the nucleotide sequence of the first human STX gene isolated from a placental library. It encodes a 297-amino-acid (aa) protein and is 89% identical to the aa sequence of rat STX 4a...
- Ca(2+)-dependent and -independent activities of neural and non-neural synaptotagminsC Li
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235, USA
Nature 375:594-9. 1995..The same C2 domains also bind syntaxin as a function of Ca2+ but the Ca(2+)-concentration dependence of Syt I, II and V (> 200 microM) differs from that of Syt III and VII (< 10 microM).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- A novel ubiquitous form of Munc-18 interacts with multiple syntaxins. Use of the yeast two-hybrid system to study interactions between proteins involved in membrane trafficY Hata
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas 75235, USA
J Biol Chem 270:13022-8. 1995..produced in COS cells, we show that both forms of Munc-18 bind tightly to syntaxins 1A, 2, and 3 but not to syntaxin 4. In an independent approach to study the binding specificities of Munc-18-1 and Munc-18-2, we used the yeast two-..
- The syntaxin family of vesicular transport receptorsM K Bennett
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University Medical Center, California 94305
Cell 74:863-73. 1993..These results indicate that the syntaxins are a family of receptors for intracellular transport vesicles and that each target membrane may be identified by a specific member of the syntaxin family...
- A prototypic platelet septin and its participation in secretionJudith Dent
Division of Experimental Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:3064-9. 2002..CDCrel-1 revealed it to be part of a macromolecular complex containing a protein involved in platelet secretion, syntaxin 4. Moreover, CDCrel-1 was localized in situ to areas surrounding platelet-storage granules...
- Homotetrameric structure of the SNAP-23 N-terminal coiled-coil domainSteven J Freedman
Division of Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 278:13462-7. 2003..A comparison of the SNAP-23N structure to other SNARE complex structures reveals how a simple coiled-coil motif can form diverse SNARE complexes...
- Role of vesicle-associated membrane protein-2, through Q-soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor/R-soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor interaction, in the exocytosis of specific and tertiary Faustino Mollinedo
Centro de Investigacion del Cancer, Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular del Cancer, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad de Salamanca, Spain
J Immunol 170:1034-42. 2003..Activation of neutrophils led to the interaction of VAMP-2 with the plasma membrane Q-SNARE syntaxin 4, and anti-syntaxin 4 Abs inhibited exocytosis of specific and tertiary granules in electropermeabilized ..
- Endogenous plasma membrane t-SNARE syntaxin 4 is present in rab11 positive endosomal membranes and associates with cortical actin cytoskeletonArja M Band
Department of Biosciences, Division of Biochemistry, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56, Viikinkaari 5, 00014, Helsinki, Finland
FEBS Lett 531:513-9. 2002..b>Syntaxin 4 is a t-SNARE that, according to previous overexpression studies, is predominantly localized at the plasma ..
- Trafficking of green fluorescent protein-tagged SNARE proteins in HSY cellsTaishin Takuma
Department of Oral Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Tobetsu, Hokkaido 061 0293
J Biochem 132:729-35. 2002..These results suggest that munc18c plays an important role in the trafficking of syntaxin-4 to its proper destination by preventing premature interactions with other proteins, including SNARE proteins...
- Amisyn, a novel syntaxin-binding protein that may regulate SNARE complex assemblySuzie J Scales
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5345, USA
J Biol Chem 277:28271-9. 2002..amisyn, with a tomosyn- and VAMP-like coiled-coil-forming domain that binds specifically to syntaxin 1a and syntaxin 4 both in vitro and in vivo, as assessed by co-immunoprecipitation from rat brain...
- SNAP-23 in rat kidney: colocalization with aquaporin-2 in collecting duct vesiclesT Inoue
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1603, USA
Am J Physiol 275:F752-60. 1998..However, localization of SNAP-23 in both intracytoplasmic vesicles and plasma membranes suggests a function different from that originally proposed for SNAP-25 in synaptic vesicle targeting...
- Regulated transport of the glucose transporter GLUT4Nia J Bryant
Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Road, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3:267-77. 2002....
- Rab5a GTPase regulates fusion between pathogen-containing phagosomes and cytoplasmic organelles in human neutrophilsNasrin Perskvist
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Health Science, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
J Cell Sci 115:1321-30. 2002..These results also identified Rab5a as a key regulator of phagolysosome maturation in human neutrophils...
- Taxilin; a novel syntaxin-binding protein that is involved in Ca2+-dependent exocytosis in neuroendocrine cellsSatoru Nogami
Division of Molecular and Cell Biology, Institute for Medical Science, Mibu machi, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Genes Cells 8:17-28. 2003..However, the molecular mechanism by which the syntaxin family regulates intracellular vesicle transport is not well known...
- Expression of eosinophil target SNAREs as potential cognate receptors for vesicle-associated membrane protein-2 in exocytosisMichael R Logan
Pulmonary Research Group, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 109:299-306. 2002....
- Direct interaction of Rab4 with syntaxin 4L Li
Department of Cell Biology, Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Gunma University, 3 39 15 Showa Machi, Maebashi 371 8512, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:5265-73. 2001In the present study, we examined the possible interaction between Rab4 and syntaxin 4, both having been implicated in insulin-induced GLUT4 translocation...
- Three novel proteins of the syntaxin/SNAP-25 familyM Steegmaier
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5345, USA
J Biol Chem 273:34171-9. 1998..SNAP-29 does not contain a predicted membrane anchor characteristic of other SNAREs. In vitro studies established that SNAP-29 is capable of binding to a broad range of syntaxins...
- Soluble NSF attachment protein receptors (SNAREs) in RBL-2H3 mast cells: functional role of syntaxin 4 in exocytosis and identification of a vesicle-associated membrane protein 8-containing secretory compartmentF Paumet
Unite d Immuno Allergie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Immunol 164:5850-7. 2000..Within the syntaxin family, syntaxin 4 interacted with SNAP23 and all vesicle-associated membrane proteins (VAMPs) examined, except tetanus neurotoxin ..
- Role of SNAP23 in insulin-induced translocation of GLUT4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Mediation of complex formation between syntaxin4 and VAMP2M Kawanishi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:8240-7. 2000..Together, these results demonstrate that SNAP23 contributes to insulin-dependent trafficking of GLUT4 to the plasma membrane in 3T3-L1 adipocytes by mediating the interaction between t-SNARE (syntaxin4) and v-SNARE (VAMP2)...
- Functional and biochemical analysis of the C2 domains of synaptotagmin IVD M Thomas
Department of Biological Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:2285-95. 1999....
- Synip: a novel insulin-regulated syntaxin 4-binding protein mediating GLUT4 translocation in adipocytesJ Min
Department of Cell Biology, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Mol Cell 3:751-60. 1999..transport and GLUT4 translocation require regulated interactions between the v-SNARE, VAMP2, and the t-SNARE, syntaxin 4. We have isolated a novel syntaxin 4-binding protein, Synip, which specifically interacts with syntaxin 4...
- Syntaxin isoform specificity in the regulation of renal H+-ATPase exocytosisGuangmu Li
Renal Section, Boston University Medical Center and Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118 2908, USA
J Biol Chem 278:19791-7. 2003..Interaction between the syntaxin-1A and H+-ATPase is important in the targeted exocytosis of the proton pump to the apical membrane of intercalated cells...
- A role for Sec1/Munc18 proteins in platelet exocytosisTodd D Schraw
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Biochem J 374:207-17. 2003..These studies demonstrate a clear role for SM proteins in platelet exocytosis and aggregation and suggest a dominant role for Munc18c in all three granule-release events...
- Intracellular localisation of SNARE proteins in rat parotid acinar cells: SNARE complexes on the apical plasma membraneAkane Imai
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry at Niigata, The Nippon Dental University, 1 8 Hamaura cho, Niigata 951 8580, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 48:597-604. 2003..Syntaxins 2 and 3 were localised in the apical plasma membrane (APM), and syntaxin 4 was localised in the plasma membrane. SNAP-23 was localised in the APM and intracellular membrane (ICM)...
- Syntaxin 4 expression affects glucose transporter 8 translocation and embryo survivalAmanda Hoehn Wyman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:2096-102. 2003..b>Syntaxin 4 is the t-SNARE critical for insulin-stimulated glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4)-plasma membrane fusion in ..
- Tomosyn interacts with the t-SNAREs syntaxin4 and SNAP23 and plays a role in insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocationCharlotte H Widberg
Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, 2010 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Biol Chem 278:35093-101. 2003..These data suggest that Tomosyn and Munc18c operate at a similar stage of the Syntaxin4 SNARE assembly cycle, which likely primes Syntaxin4 for entry into the ternary SNARE complex...
- A dual mechanism controlling the localization and function of exocytic v-SNAREsSonia Martinez-Arca
Membrane Traffic and Neuronal Plasticity, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U536, Institut du Fer a Moulin, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9011-6. 2003..Moreover, they point to the amino-terminal domains of SNARE proteins as multifunctional modules responsible for the fine tuning of SNARE function...
- Syntaxin 4 and Synip (syntaxin 4 interacting protein) regulate insulin secretion in the pancreatic beta HC-9 cellTsugumichi Saito
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 15, Showa machi, Maebashi shi, Gunma ken, 371 8511, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:36718-25. 2003..for pancreatic beta cell insulin secretion, we have observed that overexpression of a dominant-interfering syntaxin 4 mutant (syntaxin 4/DeltaTM) attenuated glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in betaHC-9 cells...
- Identification of SNAREs involved in synaptotagmin VII-regulated lysosomal exocytosisSwathi K Rao
Section of Microbial Pathogenesis and Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, 295 Congress Avenue, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Biol Chem 279:20471-9. 2004..we show that Ca2+-dependent interaction of the synaptotagmin VII C(2)A domain with SNAP-23 is facilitated by syntaxin 4. Specific interactions also occurred in cell lysates between the plasma membrane t-SNAREs SNAP-23 and syntaxin 4 ..
- Identification and characterization of taxilin isoformsSatoru Nogami
Division of Molecular and Cell Biology, Institute for Medical Science, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu machi, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 319:936-43. 2004..The taxilin family members mutually interacted with the syntaxin family members. These results indicate that there is the taxilin family composed of at least three members in mammals...
- p35, the neuronal-specific activator of cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (Cdk5) is degraded by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayG N Patrick
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 273:24057-64. 1998..Furthermore, phosphorylation mutants of p35 also stabilize p35 2- to 3-fold...
- Inhibition of the binding of SNAP-23 to syntaxin 4 by Munc18cS Araki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 234:257-62. 1997..Expression of SNAP-23, syntaxin 4, and the syntaxin-binding protein Munc 18c in COS cells revealed that Munc18c reduced the amount of SNAP-23 ..
- Characterization of Munc-18c and syntaxin-4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Putative role in insulin-dependent movement of GLUT-4J T Tellam
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology and Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland, St Lucia 4072, Queensland, Australia
J Biol Chem 272:6179-86. 1997..These data suggest that syntaxin-4/Munc-18c/VAMP-2 may play a role in the docking/fusion of intracellular GLUT-4-containing vesicles with the cell surface in adipocytes...
- Asymmetric phospholipid distribution drives in vitro reconstituted SNARE-dependent membrane fusionJerome Vicogne
Department of Pharmacological Sciences and Center for Developmental Genetics, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14761-6. 2006..fusion factor attachment receptor) proteins VAMP2 (vesicle-associated membrane protein 2) and syntaxin 4 (Stx4)/SNAP23 (soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion factor attachment protein 23)...
- Structure of the Munc18c/Syntaxin4 N-peptide complex defines universal features of the N-peptide binding mode of Sec1/Munc18 proteinsShu Hong Hu
Institute for Molecular Bioscience and Special Research Centre for Functional and Applied Genomics, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:8773-8. 2007..The mammalian cell surface SM protein Munc18c binds to an N-peptide in Stx4, and this is compatible with its interaction with SNARE complexes...
- An efficient co-expression and purification system for the complex of Stx4 and C-terminal domain of SynipWei Tian
College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 371:366-70. 2008Synip and Stx4 complex plays a key role in GLUT4 vesicle trafficking and fusion with plasma membrane. The interaction of Synip with Stx4 prevents interaction of VAMP2 located in GLUT4 vesicle with Stx4 in basal state...
- Structure and Function of a Platelet SNARE ComplexSteven Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will be fundamentally important to our understanding of alpha granule secretion in platelets, and will contribute significantly to SNARE protein biology by providing insight into the specificity of membrane fusion. ..