Genomes and Genes
steroidogenic acute regulatory protein
Gene Symbol: steroidogenic acute regulatory protein
Description: steroidogenic acute regulatory protein
Alias: STARD1, steroidogenic acute regulatory protein, mitochondrial, START domain containing 1, START domain-containing protein 1, StAR related lipid transfer (START) domain containing 1, cholesterol trafficker, mitochondrial steroid acute regulatory protein, steroid acute regulatory protein, steroidogenic acute regulator, testis secretory sperm-binding protein Li 241mP
Publications150 found, 100 shown here
- The role of chloride ions in the regulation of steroidogenesis in rat Leydig cells and adrenal cellsB A Cooke
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London, UK
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 69:359-65. 1999..e. that intracellular chloride ion depletion enhances the action of cAMP on protein synthesis which results in increased synthesis of the Steroidogenic Acute Regulator (StAR) protein and consequently increased steroidogenesis.
- Liver receptor homolog-1 regulates the expression of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in human granulosa cellsJoung Woul Kim
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9032, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3042-7. 2004b>Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) plays a critical role in the initial step of steroid hormone synthesis...
- Human steroidogenic acute regulatory protein: functional activity in COS-1 cells, tissue-specific expression, and mapping of the structural gene to 8p11.2 and a pseudogene to chromosome 13T Sugawara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:4778-82. 1995b>Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) appears to mediate the rapid increase in pregnenolone synthesis stimulated by tropic hormones. cDNAs encoding StAR were isolated from a human adrenal cortex library...
- Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) retains activity in the absence of its mitochondrial import sequence: implications for the mechanism of StAR actionF Arakane
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:13731-6. 1996b>Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) plays a critical role in steroid hormone biosynthesis, presumably by facilitating the delivery of cholesterol to P450scc in the inner mitochondrial membranes...
- Analysis of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) gene in Japanese patients with congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaJ Nakae
Department of Pediatrics, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Hum Mol Genet 6:571-6. 1997..CAH) representing 16 different families was examined to identify the genetic alterations of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR). Ten of 19 patients had a 46,XX karyotype and nine had a 46,XY karyotype...
- Structure and lipid transport mechanism of a StAR-related domainY Tsujishita
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0580, USA
Nat Struct Biol 7:408-14. 2000The steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) regulates acute steroidogenesis in the adrenal cortex and gonads by promoting the translocation of cholesterol to the mitochondrial inner membrane where the first step in steriod ..
- Mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) in six patients with congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaH S Bose
Department of Pediatrics and Metabolic Research Unit, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0978, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:3636-9. 2000..adrenal hyperplasia (lipoid CAH), the most severe form of CAH, is caused by mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR)...
- Down-regulation of steroidogenic response to gonadotropins in human and rat preovulatory granulosa cells involves mitogen-activated protein kinase activation and modulation of DAX-1 and steroidogenic factor-1Kimihisa Tajima
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 71600, Israel
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2288-99. 2003..production in these cell cultures concomitantly with specific elevation of intracellular steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR)...
- A novel mutation L260P of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein gene in three unrelated patients of Swiss ancestry with congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaChrista E Flück
Biochimie Endocrinienne et Moléculaire, Hopital Debrousse, 29 rue Soeur Bouvier, F 69322 Lyon Cedex 05, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5304-8. 2005Lipoid congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH) is the most severe form of CAH leading to impaired production of all adrenal and gonadal steroids. Mutations in the gene encoding steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) cause lipoid CAH.
- A pH-dependent molten globule transition is required for activity of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein, StARBo Y Baker
Department of Pediatrics and Metabolic Research Unit, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41753-60. 2005The steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) simulates steroid biosynthesis by increasing the flow of cholesterol from the outer mitochondrial membrane (OMM) to the inner membrane...
- StAR search--what we know about how the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein mediates mitochondrial cholesterol importWalter L Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Box 0978, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0978, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:589-601. 2007..trafficking of this insoluble molecule have received attention through the discovery of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) and related proteins containing StAR-related lipid transfer domains...
- Modeling the structure of the StART domains of MLN64 and StAR proteins in complex with cholesterolMarta Murcia
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Lipid Res 47:2614-30. 2006b>Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein-related lipid transfer (StART) domains are ubiquitously involved in intracellular lipid transport and metabolism and other cell-signaling events...
- Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), a novel mitochondrial cholesterol transporterWalter L Miller
Department of Pediatrics, Box 0978, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94122 0978, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1771:663-76. 2007..of this nearly insoluble molecule have received increased attention through the discovery of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) and similar proteins containing StAR-related lipid transfer (START) domains...
- Clinical, genetic, and functional characterization of four patients carrying partial loss-of-function mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR)Taninee Sahakitrungruang
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, 10330 Bangkok, Thailand corrected
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:3352-9. 2010..adrenal hyperplasia (lipoid CAH) is a recently recognized disorder caused by mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) that retain partial function...
- Characterization of novel StAR (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein) mutations causing non-classic lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaChrista E Flück
Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, University Children s Hospital Bern, Bern, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 6:e20178. 2011b>Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) is crucial for transport of cholesterol to mitochondria where biosynthesis of steroids is initiated. Loss of StAR function causes lipoid congenital adrenal hyperplasia (LCAH).
- The pathophysiology and genetics of congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaH S Bose
Department of Pediatrics, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 0978, USA
N Engl J Med 335:1870-8. 1996..We recently found mutations in the gene for the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in four patients with this syndrome, but it was not clear whether all patients have such mutations ..
- Screening for mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein and steroidogenic factor-1 genes, and in CYP11A and dosage-sensitive sex reversal-adrenal hypoplasia gene on the X chromosome, gene-1 (DAX-1), in hyperandrogenic hirsute womenR M Calvo
Department of Endocrinology, , Madrid 28034, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1746-9. 2001..encoded by the gene CYP11A, after cholesterol is introduced into the mitochondria by the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR)...
- Risk of Lyme disease: perceptions of residents of a Lone Star tick-infested communityP M Armstrong
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston MA, USA
Bull World Health Organ 79:916-25. 2001..The epidemiological and entomological approach used in this study might fruitfully be applied wherever newly emergent tickborne zoonoses have been discovered...
- The CCHCR1 (HCR) gene is relevant for skin steroidogenesis and downregulated in cultured psoriatic keratinocytesInkeri Tiala
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Mol Med (Berl) 85:589-601. 2007..Recently, CCHCR1 was shown to promote steroidogenesis by interacting with the steroidogenic acute regulator protein (StAR). Here, we examined the role of CCHCR1 in psoriasis and cutaneous steroid metabolism...
- Estradiol stimulates progesterone synthesis in hypothalamic astrocyte culturesPaul E Micevych
Department of Neurobiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1763, USA
Endocrinology 148:782-9. 2007..Estradiol treatment did not change levels of steroid acute regulatory protein, P450 side chain cleavage, 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and sterol carrier protein-2 mRNAs as ..
- Down-regulation of adrenal neuronal nitric oxide synthase mRNAs and proteins after deoxycorticosterone acetate-salt treatment in ratsFeng Jie Lai
Graduate Institute of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 101:197-203. 2006..8-fold decreased. At the same time, the relative quantities of steroid acute regulatory protein mRNA and phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase mRNA in the adrenals of the DOCA-salt-treated group ..
- Developmental changes in adrenocorticotrophin (ACTH)-induced expression of ACTH receptor and steroid acute regulatory protein mRNA in ovine fetal adrenal cellsYixin Su
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1066, USA
J Soc Gynecol Investig 12:416-20. 2005..At the adrenal itself, heightened expression of ACTH receptor (ACTH-R) and steroid acute regulatory protein (StAR) appear to be important parallel changes...
- A nose that looks like a hand and acts like an eye: the unusual mechanosensory system of the star-nosed moleK C Catania
Department of Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37240, USA
J Comp Physiol A 185:367-72. 1999..The many surprising parallels between the somatosensory system of the mole, and the visual systems of other mammals, suggest a convergent and perhaps common organization for highly developed sensory systems...
- The Drosophila gene Start1: a putative cholesterol transporter and key regulator of ecdysteroid synthesisGuenther E Roth
Institut fur Biologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Arnimallee 7, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:1601-6. 2004..64 (MLN64) is a transmembrane protein that shares homology with the cholesterol-binding vertebrate steroid acute regulatory protein (StAR)-related lipid transfer domain (START) and is involved in cholesterol traffic and steroid ..
- Human fetal testis Leydig cell disruption by exposure to the pesticide dieldrin at low concentrationsPaul A Fowler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Hum Reprod 22:2919-27. 2007..We investigated whether a model pesticide, dieldrin, at concentrations within both maternal circulation and environmental ranges (1 pmol/l = 0.0004 p.p.b. = 380.9 pg/l), could disrupt the human fetal testis...
- Growth hormone and gene expression of in vitro-matured rhesus macaque oocytesJenna K Nyholt de Prada
California National Primate Research Center and the Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology Graduate Group, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 77:353-62. 2010..Only 2 of 17 genes, insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) and steroidogenic acute regulator (STAR), showed increased mRNA expression in MII oocytes from the 100 ng/ml r-hGH treatment group ..
- Growth and paracrine factors regulating follicular formation and cellular functionK P McNatty
AgResearch, Wallaceville Animal Research Centre, PO Box 40063, Centre Ward Street, Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Mol Cell Endocrinol 163:11-20. 2000..cells with either flattened or cuboidal shaped nuclei, express steroidogenic factor-1 (SF-1), steroid acute regulatory protein (StAR), 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD), cytochrome P450(scc), and P450(aromatase) ..
- Cardiac steroidogenesis in the normal and failing heartM J Young
Baker Medical Research Institute, Prahran, Victoria 3181, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:5121-6. 2001..aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2), 11beta-hydroxylase (CYP11B1), steroidogenic factor-1, and steroid acute regulatory protein. CYP11A, 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-2, and steroid acute regulatory protein were expressed at ..
- Side population does not define stem cell-like cancer cells in the adrenocortical carcinoma cell line NCI h295RUrs D Lichtenauer
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Cell Research, Centre for Systems Biology, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, D 79085 Freiburg, Germany
Endocrinology 149:1314-22. 2008..with a less differentiated phenotype, including lower expression of steroidogenic enzymes such as steroid acute regulatory protein (StAR) and side-chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc) in comparison with non-SP cells...
- Curcumin inhibits ACTH- and angiotensin II-stimulated cortisol secretion and Ca(v)3.2 currentJudith A Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1239, USA
J Nat Prod 72:1533-7. 2009..Curcumin also suppressed ACTH-stimulated increases in mRNAs coding for steroid acute regulatory protein and CYP11a1 steroid hydroxylase...
- Stirring up new ideas about the regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-interrenal axis in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Meghan L M Fuzzen
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada
Zebrafish 7:349-58. 2010..factor, pituitary prohormone convertase 1, and interrenal melanocortin 2 receptor, steroid acute regulatory protein, 11β-hydroxylase and 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 2...
- StAR-like activity and molten globule behavior of StARD6, a male germ-line proteinHimangshu S Bose
Department of Physiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Biochemistry 47:2277-88. 2008The steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) belongs to a family of 15 StAR-related lipid transfer (START) domain proteins termed StARD1-StARD15...
- The role of a physician in the composition of the Star Spangled BannerA D Spiegel
State University of New York, Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Brooklyn 11203, USA
J Community Health 20:367-78. 1995..If the British Red Devil had not imprisoned the elderly physician, the reluctant soldier might never have written the stirring poem...
- DAX-1 blocks steroid production at multiple levelsE Lalli
, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, , , Strasbourg, France
Endocrinology 139:4237-43. 1998..that DAX-1 can block the first and rate-limiting step in steroid biosynthesis by repressing StAR (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein) expression...
- Cumulus-specific genes are transcriptionally silent following somatic cell nuclear transfer in a mouse modelGuo Qing Tong
Nuclear Reprogramming and Stem Cell Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 119074 Singapore
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 8:533-9. 2007..hormone receptor (FSHr), hyaluronan synthase 2 (Has2), prostaglandin synthase 2 (Ptgs2) and steroidogenic acute regulator protein (Star), were correctly reprogrammed to be transcriptionally silent following somatic cell ..
- Recent advances in the role of StARD M Stocco
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock 79430, USA
Rev Reprod 3:82-5. 1998..In this short review, background information leading to the discovery and characterization of the StAR protein and several recent and interesting observations concerning this protein are summarized...
- Optimization of the separation of mono- and dichloroanilines in ion interaction high-performance liquid chromatographyE Marengo
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Avanzate, , Alessandria, Italy
J Chromatogr A 863:1-11. 1999..The study allowed one to develop a method able to separate the nine mono- and dichloroanilines in a total analysis time within 66 min and with detection limits ranging from 4.0 to 21.0 microg/l...
- Characterization of polystyrene and polyisoprene by normal-phase temperature gradient interaction chromatographyW Lee
Department of Chemistry and Center for Integrated Molecular Systems, Pohang University of Science and Technology, South Korea
J Chromatogr A 910:51-60. 2001....
- Novel expression and functional role of ghrelin in rat testisM Tena-Sempere
Department of Physiology, University of Cordoba, 14004 Cordoba, Spain
Endocrinology 143:717-25. 2002..associated with significant decreases in human CG-stimulated expression levels of the mRNAs encoding steroid acute regulatory protein, and P450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage, 3beta-hydroxy steroid dehydrogenase, and 17beta-hydroxy ..
- Intracellular cholesterol transporter StarD4 binds free cholesterol and increases cholesteryl ester formationDaniel Rodriguez-Agudo
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
J Lipid Res 49:1409-19. 2008..binding of [(14)C]cholesterol by StarD4 similar to that of the cholesterol binding START domain proteins StarD1 and StarD5...
- Soluble epoxide hydrolase and epoxyeicosatrienoic acids modulate two distinct analgesic pathwaysBora Inceoglu
Department of Entomology and UC Davis Cancer Center, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18901-6. 2008..the induction of the COX2 gene and second by rapidly up-regulating an acute neurosteroid-producing gene, StARD1, which requires the synchronized presence of elevated cAMP and EET levels...
- Spatial attractors in aggregation patterns of Dictyostelium discoideumO Steinbock
, Dortmund, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 50:275-81. 1995..In contrast, pacemakers of target patterns organize cell movement in a radial, star-shaped motion, leading directly to the formation of central mounds...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and early folliculogenesis during an acute hyperandrogenism conditionMonica Faut
Laboratorio de Fisio patología Ovárica, Centro de Estudios Farmacologicos y Botanicos, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fertil Steril 95:333-7. 2011..decreases serum P levels and induces early apoptosis of antral follicles by a mechanism mediated by the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma system and independent of the steroidogenic acute regulator protein.
- [Pathology and pathogenesis of secondary epilepsy to hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathies]M Marin-Padilla
Department of Pathology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Rev Neurol 25:673-82. 1997....
- Functional assessment of the calcium messenger system in cultured mouse Leydig tumor cells: regulation of human chorionic gonadotropin-induced expression of the steroidogenic acute regulatory proteinP R Manna
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Finland
Endocrinology 140:1739-51. 1999..The stimulatory effect of hCG that rapidly increases [Ca2+]i is responsible at least in part for the regulation of SF-1-mediated StAR expression that consequently regulates steroidogenesis in mouse Leydig tumor cells...
- Prostaglandin E2 via steroidogenic factor-1 coordinately regulates transcription of steroidogenic genes necessary for estrogen synthesis in endometriosisErkut Attar
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, 303 East Superior Street, 4 123, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:623-31. 2009Products of at least five specific steroidogenic genes, including steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), which facilitates the entry of cytosolic cholesterol into the mitochondrion, side chain cleavage P450 enzyme, 3beta-..
- Expression pattern of circadian genes and steroidogenesis-related genes after testosterone stimulation in the human ovaryMinghui Chen
Reproductive Medicine Center, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, 58 2nd Zhongshan Road, Guangzhou, GD510080, People s Republic of China
J Ovarian Res 9:56. 2016..However, the effect of hyperandrogenism on circadian gene expression in human granulosa cells is unknown, and the general expression pattern of circadian genes in the human ovary is unclear...
- Multiple steroidogenic factor 1 binding elements in the human steroidogenic acute regulatory protein gene 5'-flanking region are required for maximal promoter activity and cyclic AMP responsivenessT Sugawara
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Biochemistry 36:7249-55. 1997..These findings demonstrate that multiple SF-1 response elements are required for maximal StAR promoter activity and regulation by cAMP...
- Aromatase (Cyp19) expression is up-regulated by targeted disruption of Dax1Z J Wang
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7988-93. 2001..Based on these in vivo and in vitro analyses, aromatase seems to be a physiologic target of Dax-1 in Leydig cells, and increased Cyp19 expression may account, in part, for the infertility and LCH in Dax1-deficient mice...
- Molecular modeling and structure-based thermodynamic analysis of the StAR proteinAxel P Mathieu
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, J1H 5N4
Endocr Res 28:419-23. 2002Although much progress has been achieved in the study of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) dependent cholesterol transfer inside mitochondria, not one mechanism can account for all experimental data obtained to date...
- In utero and lactational exposure to TCDD; steroidogenic outcomes differ in male and female rat pupsS A Myllymäki
Department of Biology, Laboratory of Animal Physiology, University of Turku, Finland
Toxicol Sci 88:534-44. 2005..follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), and gonadal mRNA levels for steroid acute regulatory protein (StAR), cytochrome P-450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage (P450scc), 3beta-hydroxy-steroid-..
- Sulfated oxysterol, 25HC3S, is a potent regulator of lipid metabolism in human hepatocytesShunlin Ren
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs McGuire Medical Center Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23249, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 360:802-8. 2007..25HC3S) was identified in primary rat hepatocytes following overexpression of the cholesterol transport protein, StarD1. This oxysterol was also detected in human liver nuclei. In the present study, 25HC3S was chemically synthesized...
- Overexpression of mitochondrial cholesterol delivery protein, StAR, decreases intracellular lipids and inflammatory factors secretion in macrophagesYanxia Ning
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Atherosclerosis 204:114-20. 2009..These effects can prevent macrophage apoptosis. These results imply a potential role of StAR in the prevention of atherosclerosis...
- Enhanced free cholesterol, SREBP-2 and StAR expression in human NASHFrancisco Caballero
Centro de Investigaciones Biomédicas Esther Koplowitz, IMDiM, Hospital Clinic I Provincial and CIBEREHD, IDIBAPS, Department of Cell Death and Proliferation, Instituto Investigaciones Biomedicas de Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 50:789-96. 2009..Due to the emerging role of free cholesterol (FC) in NAFLD, our aim was to examine the correlation between FC accumulation in patients with NAFLD and the expression of enzymes that regulate cholesterol homeostasis...
- Detection of a mitochondrial kinase complex that mediates PKA-MEK-ERK-dependent phosphorylation of mitochondrial proteins involved in the regulation of steroid biosynthesisCristina Paz
IIMHNO, Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Paraguay, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Methods Enzymol 457:169-92. 2009..Truncation of the StAR protein is associated with the steroid deficiency disease, congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasia...
- Transcriptional regulation of steroidogenic genes: STARD1, CYP11A1 and HSD3BHolly A Lavoie
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:880-907. 2009Expression of the genes that mediate the first steps in steroidogenesis, the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (STARD1), the cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme, cytochrome P450scc (CYP11A1) and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase/..
- Metabolites of an Epac-selective cAMP analog induce cortisol synthesis by adrenocortical cells through a cAMP-independent pathwayJudith A Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, OH, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6088. 2009..and the expression of mRNAs coding for the steroid hydroxylases CYP11a1, CYP17, CYP21, and the steroid acute regulatory protein (StAR)...
- Leptin interferes with 3',5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) signaling to inhibit steroidogenesis in human granulosa cellsQing Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6H 3V, Canada
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:115. 2009..Obesity has been linked to an increased risk of female infertility. Leptin, an adipocytokine which is elevated during obesity, may influence gonadal function through modulating steroidogenesis in granulosa cells...
- Expression of steroidogenic factor 1 (SF-1) and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) in endometriosis is associated with endometriosis severityYongjie Tian
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Provincial Hospital affiliated to Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, China
J Int Med Res 37:1389-95. 2009..This study was designed to investigate the levels of expression of steroidogenic factor 1 (SF-1) and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) in endometriosis, and to explore the association between these two factors and the ..
- Genetic variation in CYP11A1 and StAR in relation to endometrial cancer riskKathryn Terry
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, United States
Gynecol Oncol 117:255-9. 2010Together, steroidogenic acute regulator (StAR) and the cholesterol side chain cleavage enzyme (P450scc), which is encoded by CYP11A1, mediate the initial and rate-limiting step in steroidogenesis...
- Mammalian StAR-related lipid transfer (START) domains with specificity for cholesterol: structural conservation and mechanism of reversible bindingPierre Lavigne
Departement de Pharmacologie, Institut de Pharmacologie, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Subcell Biochem 51:425-37. 2010..The most intensively studied member of this subclass is the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) or STARD1...
- Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein is a useful marker for Leydig cells and sex-cord stromal tumorsLei Dong
Center for Molecular Pathology and Department of Pathology, the 1st Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, PR China
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 19:226-32. 2011..It is sensitive and specific for Leydig cells in tumors containing this component (LCT, SLCT), and can express focally in granulosa cell tumors. It is negative for Sertoli cells and nonluteinized theca cells...
- Functional cooperation between GATA factors and cJUN on the star promoter in MA-10 Leydig cellsLuc J Martin
Reproduction, Perinatal, and Child Health, CHUQ Research Centre, 2705 Laurier Blvd, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
J Androl 33:81-7. 2012..These data add valuable new insights that further define the molecular mechanisms that govern Star transcription in steroidogenic cells of the testis...
- Sex steroid synthesis in human skin in situ: the roles of aromatase and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in the homeostasis of human skinTakayoshi Inoue
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 362:19-28. 2012..The expression levels of aromatase (ARO) and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) were positively correlated with estrogens and testosterone concentrations, respectively...
- Cardiac glycoside ouabain induces activation of ATF-1 and StAR expression by interacting with the α4 isoform of the sodium pump in Sertoli cellsRaimund Dietze
Institut für Veterinär Physiologie und Biochemie, Fachbereich Veterinarmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1833:511-9. 2013..Ouabain also leads to increased expression of steroidogenic acute regulator (StAR) protein, which has been shown to be a downstream consequence of CREB/ATF-1 activation...
- The novel mutation p.Trp147Arg of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein causes classic lipoid congenital adrenal hyperplasia with adrenal insufficiency and 46,XY disorder of sex developmentBilgin Yuksel
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, Cukurova University, Balcali Adana, Turkey
Horm Res Paediatr 80:163-9. 2013The steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) is essential for steroidogenesis by mediating cholesterol transfer into mitochondria. Inactivating StAR mutations cause lipoid congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Genome-wide association study of orthostatic hypotension and supine-standing blood pressure changes in two korean populationsKyung Won Hong
Division of Epidemiology and Health Index, Center for Genome Science, Korea National Institute of Health, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Cheongwon 363 951, Korea
Genomics Inform 11:129-34. 2013....
- Nigerian bonny light crude oil induces endocrine disruption in male ratsIsaac A Adedara
Drug Metabolism and Toxicology Research Laboratories, Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria and
Drug Chem Toxicol 37:198-203. 2014..Immunoblot analysis revealed that BLCO exposure suppressed steroid acute regulatory protein and androgen-binding protein expression with concomitant decrease in 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase ..
- StAR enhances transcription of genes encoding the mitochondrial proteases involved in its own degradationAssaf Bahat
Department of Biological Chemistry A B, S P, J O and Bio Imaging Unit N M B, The Alexander Silberman Institute of Life Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel and Institute for Genetics I L, T L, Center for Molecular Medicine, Cologne Excellence Cluster on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging Associated Diseases, University of Cologne, 50931 Cologne, Germany
Mol Endocrinol 28:208-24. 2014b>Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) is essential for steroid hormone synthesis in the adrenal cortex and the gonads...
- FSHR polymorphism p.N680S mediates different responses to FSH in vitroLivio Casarini
Unit of Endocrinology, Dept of Biomedical, Metabolic and Neural Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy Center for Genome Research, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy Electronic address
Mol Cell Endocrinol 393:83-91. 2014..005; n = 4). Reflecting the cAMP kinetics, phospho-ERK1/2 and -CREB activation, AREG and STARD1 gene expressions and progesterone production were qualitatively and quantitatively different in N versus S ..
- Stimulatory effect of vascular endothelial growth factor on progesterone production and survivability of cultured bubaline luteal cellsV S Chouhan
Physiology and Climatology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh 243122, India
Anim Reprod Sci 148:251-9. 2014..synthesis in cultured luteal cells from different stages of the estrous cycle and on expression of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (STARD1), cytochrome P450 cholesterol side chain cleavage (CYP11A1) and 3β-hydroxysteroid ..
- Identification of novel regulatory cholesterol metabolite, 5-cholesten, 3β,25-diol, disulfateShunlin Ren
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs McGuire Medical Center Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e103621. 2014..of primary rat hepatocytes after overexpression of the gene encoding mitochondrial cholesterol delivery protein (StarD1)...
- Stimulatory effect of luteinizing hormone, insulin-like growth factor-1, and epidermal growth factor on progesterone secretion and viability of cultured bubaline luteal cellsV S Chouhan
Physiology and Climatology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India
Theriogenology 82:1212-23. 2014..P4) in cultured luteal cells from different stages of estrous cycle as well as the expression of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (STARD1), cytochrome P450 cholesterol side-chain cleavage (CYP11A1), and 3β-hydroxysteroid ..
- High-yield soluble expression, purification and characterization of human steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) fused to a cleavable Maltose-Binding Protein (MBP)Nikolai N Sluchanko
A N Bach Institute of Biochemistry, Research Center of Biotechnology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia Electronic address
Protein Expr Purif 119:27-35. 2016b>Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) is responsible for the rapid delivery of cholesterol to mitochondria where the lipid serves as a source for steroid hormones biosynthesis in adrenals and gonads...
- Synthetic High-Density Lipoprotein (sHDL) Inhibits Steroid Production in HAC15 Adrenal CellsMatthew J Taylor
Departments of Molecular and Integrative Physiology and Internal Medicine M J T, A R S, K A, W E R, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 Medical College of Georgia A R S, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, Georgia 30912 Department of Pharmaceutical Science E E M, A s, Biointerfaces Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 and Department of Medicinal Chemistry E R F, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
Endocrinology 157:3122-9. 2016..A reductase, lanosterol 14-α-methylase, cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme, and steroid acute regulatory protein. Cholesterol assay was performed using cell culture media and cell lipid extracts from a dose ..
- Sertoli cell expression of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein-related lipid transfer 1 and 5 domain-containing proteins and sterol regulatory element binding protein-1 are interleukin-1beta regulated by activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase and cyclooTomomoto Ishikawa
Center for Biomedical Research, The Population Council, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocrinology 146:5100-11. 2005..As StAR-related lipid transfer protein domain containing protein 1 (StARD1) mRNA decreases, StARD5 mRNA increases; substantial recovery phase induction of StARD1 mRNA above control is noted ..
- Identification of a novel sulfonated oxysterol, 5-cholesten-3beta,25-diol 3-sulfonate, in hepatocyte nuclei and mitochondriaShunlin Ren
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, 23298, USA
J Lipid Res 47:1081-90. 2006..the mitochondria and nuclei of primary rat hepatocytes after overexpression of the gene encoding steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StarD1)...
- Estrogen-regulated synaptogenesis in the hippocampus: sexual dimorphism in vivo but not in vitroLars Fester
Institute of Neuroanatomy, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, Hamburg, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 131:24-9. 2012..Estradiol synthesis can be suppressed by aromatase inhibitors and by knock-down of steroid acute regulatory protein (StAR), whereas elevated levels of substrates of steroidogenesis enhance estradiol synthesis...
- IGF2 increases de novo steroidogenesis in prostate cancer cellsAmy A Lubik
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Australian Prostate Cancer Research Centre Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Queensland University of Technology, Level 1, Building 1, 199 Ipswich Road, Brisbane, Queensland 4102, Australia
Endocr Relat Cancer 20:173-86. 2013..IGF2 for 48 h resulted in increased expression of steroidogenic enzyme mRNA and protein, including steroid acute regulatory protein (StAR), cytochrome p450 family member (CYP)17A1, aldo-keto reductase family member (AKR)1C3 and ..
- Genetic defects in pregnenolone synthesisNoriyuki Katsumata
Division of Basic Endocrine Research, Department of Molecular Endocrinology, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 10:98-109. 2012..CLAH was first demonstrated to be caused by mutations in the STAR gene encoding steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR)...
- STARD5 specific ligand binding: comparison with STARD1 and STARD4 subfamiliesDanny Létourneau
Departement de Biochimie, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4
Mol Cell Endocrinol 371:20-5. 2013We present herein a review of our recent results on the characterization of the binding sites of STARD1, STARD5 and STARD6 using NMR and other biophysical techniques...
- Deleterious cholesterol hydroperoxide trafficking in steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) protein-expressing MA-10 Leydig cells: implications for oxidative stress-impaired steroidogenesisWitold Korytowski
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Biol Chem 288:11509-19. 2013..stimulation of mouse MA-10 Leydig cells with dibutyryl-cAMP (Bt2cAMP) resulted in strong expression of StarD1 and StarD4 proteins over insignificant levels in nonstimulated controls...
- T-->A transversion 11 bp from a splice acceptor site in the human gene for steroidogenic acute regulatory protein causes congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaM K Tee
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0978, USA
Hum Mol Genet 4:2299-305. 1995..The low level of normal StAR mRNA produced may account for the later clinical presentation and low levels of steroid hormones detected in this patient...
- Lack of independent relationships between left ventricular mass and cardiovascular reactivity to physical and psychological stress in the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) StudyJ H Markovitz
University of Alabama at Birmingham 35205, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:915-23. 1996..It was concluded that among a cohort of young adults, blood pressure reactivity to physical and mental stressors did not add substantially to the prediction of LVM when resting BP, weight, and other covariates were taken into account...
- Gas chromatographic amino acid profiling of wine samples for pattern recognitionK R Kim
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, South Korea
J Chromatogr A 722:303-9. 1996..Stepwise discriminant analysis performed on the amino acid profiles provided star symbols characteristic of the wine brands...
- The EFFUL (Evaluation of Function in the Flail Upper Limb) system. A ranking score system to measure improvement achieved by surgical reconstruction and rehabilitationI M Eggers
Department of Hand and Microsurgery, Medical University of Southern Africa, South Africa
J Hand Surg Br 22:388-94. 1997..It also demonstrates the interrelationship between the various regions: improvement in function in one region often results in improvement in other regions...
- Localization of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in human tissuesS E Pollack
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 82:4243-51. 1997..of cholesterol from the outer to the inner mitochondrial membranes, is mediated by the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR). Heretofore, the localization of StAR in human adult and fetal tissues has not been defined...
- DAX-1 expression in human adrenocortical neoplasms: implications for steroidogenesisM Reincke
Department of Medicine II, University of Freiburg, FRG
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:2597-600. 1998..Recently, DAX-1 has been shown to act as a transcriptional repressor of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein gene expression (StAR), suppressing steroidogenesis...
- Oxysterol regulation of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein gene expression. Structural specificity and transcriptional and posttranscriptional actionsL K Christenson
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 273:30729-35. 1998..We examined the effects of oxysterols on the expression of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), which increases the delivery of cholesterol to sterol-metabolizing P450s in the ..
- Gonadal histology with testicular carcinoma in situ in a 15-year-old 46,XY female patient with a premature termination in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein causing congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaE Korsch
Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital of Cologne, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:1628-32. 1999Mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) gene cause congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasia, characterized by diminished or absence of adrenal and gonadal steroids, resulting in severe adrenal insufficiency and ..
- Repression of the rat steroidogenic acute regulatory (StAR) protein gene by PGF2alpha is modulated by the negative transcription factor DAX-1T W Sandhoff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, USA
Endocrine 10:83-91. 1999The steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) is thought to mediate the rapid increase in steroid hormone biosynthesis by facilitating cholesterol transport to the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- The steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR): a window into the complexities of intracellular cholesterol traffickingJ F Strauss
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Recent Prog Horm Res 54:369-94; discussion 394-5. 1999....
- A novel compound heterozygous mutation in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein gene in a patient with congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaN Katsumata
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, National Children s Medical Research Center, Tokyo, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:3983-7. 1999..Recently, it was reported that mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) gene cause CLAH...
- Conditional response of the human steroidogenic acute regulatory protein gene promoter to sterol regulatory element binding protein-1aL K Christenson
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania L K C, J F S, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Endocrinology 142:28-36. 2001The steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) gene controls the rate-limiting step in the biogenesis of steroid hormones, delivery of cholesterol to the cholesterol side-chain cleavage enzyme on the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein binds cholesterol and modulates mitochondrial membrane sterol domain dynamicsA D Petrescu
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 4466 and the Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
J Biol Chem 276:36970-82. 2001The steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) mediates the rate-limiting step of steroidogenesis, delivery of cholesterol to the inner mitochondrial membrane...
- Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein-binding protein cloned by a yeast two-hybrid systemTeruo Sugawara
Department of Biochemistry, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita ku, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:42487-94. 2003..In conclusion, SBP binds StAR protein in cells and enhances the ability of StAR protein to promote syntheses of steroid hormones...
- Interaction of hormone-sensitive lipase with steroidogenic acute regulatory protein: facilitation of cholesterol transfer in adrenalWen Jun Shen
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304 1290, USA
J Biol Chem 278:43870-6. 2003..b>Steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) facilitates the movement of cholesterol from the outer mitochondrial membrane to the inner ..
- Janus kinase 2 and calcium are required for angiotensin II-dependent activation of steroidogenic acute regulatory protein transcription in H295R human adrenocortical cellsJianghong Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Biol Chem 278:52355-62. 2003..aldosterone production in the adrenocortical glomerulosa cells requires induction of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR)...
- Temporal and spatial changes in transcription factor binding and histone modifications at the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (stAR) locus associated with stAR transcriptionHisahiko Hiroi
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 1354 Biomedical Research Building, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:791-806. 2004..the binding of transcription factors and histone modifications associated with expression of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) gene in cultured MA-10 Leydig cells and in granulosa cells isolated from mouse ..
- A genetic isolate of congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasia with atypical clinical findingsXin Chen
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0978, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:835-40. 2005..Lipoid CAH is caused by mutations in the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR), which facilitates the entry of cholesterol into mitochondria to initiate steroidogenesis...
- Human StarD5, a cytosolic StAR-related lipid binding proteinDaniel Rodriguez-Agudo
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
J Lipid Res 46:1615-23. 2005..binding of cholesterol by StarD5 similar to that of the cholesterol binding START domain protein StarD1. In contrast to selective cholesterol binding by StarD1, StarD5 bound the potent regulatory oxysterol, 25-..
- William M Pandak; Fiscal Year: 2016..Increased expression of the mitochondrial cholesterol delivery protein, StARD1, in hepatocytes was found to down-regulate pathways of cholesterol biosynthesis while up-regulating pathways of ..
- Role of STARD6 in ovarian steroidogenesisHOLLY ANNE LAVOIE; Fiscal Year: 2013..A START domain protein STARD1 (steroidogenic acute regulatory protein) mediates the rate-limiting step in steroidogenesis, the transport of cholesterol from the outer ..
- Role of Star Proteins in Bile Acid and Cholesterol MetabolismWilliam M Pandak; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition to StarD1, there exists a family of proteins containing a StarD1 homologue domain that potentially is capable of binding and ..
- ANDROGEN PRODUCTION IN ADRENARCHE AND PCOSWALTER MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- STRUCTURE AND ACTION OF STEROIDOGENIC REGULATORY PROTEINHIMANGSHU BOSE; Fiscal Year: 2002..This cholesterol flow is regulated by the Steroidogenic Acute Regulatory protein (StAR)...
- MECHANISM OF TCDD SUPPRESSION OF ADIPOGENESISColin Jefcoate; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research will provide insight into general mechanisms through which TCDD alters differentiation, as well as provide a noel approach to the mechanism of adipogenesis and the action of TZD drugs, now a treatment for Type II disease. ..
- OVARIAN LDL RECEPTOR AND STAR GENE REGULATIONHOLLY LAVOIE; Fiscal Year: 2003..two genes critical to steroidogenesis, namely the low density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor and Steroidogenic Acute Regulatory protein (StAR)...
- NEUROPEPTIDE-STEROID INTERACTIONS IN THE CNSPaul Micevych; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experiments will not only tell us about the actions of steroids in specific circuits, but they will also provide important information about the interactions of neuropeptide circuits regulating behavior. ..
- DISRUPTION OF STEROIDOGENISIS BY ARSENITEColin Jefcoate; Fiscal Year: 2004..The Steroidogenic Acute Regulatory protein (StAR) plays a major role in this process...
- Polycyclic Hydrocarbons and CYP1B1 in Breast CancerColin Jefcoate; Fiscal Year: 2005..The correlation with CYP1B 1 expression and activity will provide insight into the relationship of the mouse model to human breast cancer. ..
- REGULATION OF THE STEROIDOGENIC ACUTE REGULATORY PROTEINBarbara Clark; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will ultimately lead to a better understanding of potential developmental or disease states that result from aberrant over- or under-expression of StAR in a cell-specific manner. ..