Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: statherin
Alias: STR, statherin
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- Complete covalent structure of statherin, a tyrosine-rich acidic peptide which inhibits calcium phosphate precipitation from human parotid salivaD H Schlesinger
J Biol Chem 252:1689-95. 1977The complete amino acid sequence of human salivary statherin, a peptide which strongly inhibits precipitation from supersaturated calcium phosphate solutions, and therefore stabilizes supersaturated saliva, has been determined...
- Studies on the dynamics of transmission of onchocerciasis in a Sudan-savanna area of North Cameroon III. Infection rates of the Simulium vectors and Onchocerca volvulus transmission potentialsA Renz
Institute of Tropical Medicine,
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 81:239-52. 1987Populations of Simulium damnosum s.str. and S...
- Latex particle agglutination tests as an adjunct to the diagnosis of bacterial meningitis: a study from MalawiL E Cuevas
Department of Tropical Paediatrics and International Child Health, Liverpool
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 83:375-9. 1989..The sensitivity and specificity of the tests (Str. pneumoniae, 88% and 100%, H. influenzae b, 87% and 96%; N. meningitidis A,C,Y,W 135, 100% and 100%; and N...
- Seminal plasma zinc levels and sperm motion characteristics in infertile samplesY C Lin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 23:260-6. 2000..amplitude of lateral head displacement (ALH, microns), beat/cross frequency (BCF, beats/s), straightness (STR), and linearity (LIN)...
- Strychnine-induced potassium current in CA1 pyramidal neurones of the rat hippocampusS Ebihara
Department of Neurophysiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 106:823-7. 19921. Direct actions of strychnine (Str) and brucine (Bru) on the dissociated hippocampal CA1 neurones of the rat have been investigated with the whole-cell mode of the patch-clamp technique. 2...
- Genetic epidemiological studies of eastern Adriatic Island isolates, Croatia: objective and strategiesI Rudan
Department of Medical Statistics, Epidemiology and Medical Informatics, School of Public Health Andrija Stampar, University Medical School, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 23:531-46. 1999..approaches, the analyses of serogenetic polymorphisms and most recent studies using HLA class II, VNTR and STR DNA polymorphisms, are briefly presented...
- Recurrent sarcoidosis in lung transplant allografts: granulomas are of recipient originDiana N Ionescu
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 14:140-5. 2005..The origin of the histiocytes composing the noncaseating granulomas in the allograft lung in patients with recurrent sarcoidosis (RS) was analyzed using DNA identity testing in 4 cases...
- Spontaneous changes of systolic blood pressure as predictors of future fatal events. Italian Research Group of the Seven Countries StudyA Menotti
Laboratory of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Am J Hypertens 3:549-54. 1990..68 for coronary heart disease deaths (CHD) and 1.19 for stroke deaths (STR). These relative risks are all statistically significant except for strokes...
- [Little known activity of the Czestochowa typhus Institute in 1943 and 1944]P Aramowicz
Katedra Historii Medycyny i Farmacji, Wierzbowa
Arch Hist Filoz Med 59:85-90. 1996..In November and December 1943 the plant was moved to Czestochowa into a main building in Wilsona str. and two four storey others in JasnogÃ³rska str. Its head became a German doctor Mozer (witness test)...
- [Infectious endocarditis caused by Streptococcus bovis and alcoholic cirrhosis complicated by hepatoma]A Grand
Service de cardiologie, Centre Hospitalier de Valence
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:1203-6. 1987..On this occasion, comments are made on the following points: -Str. bovis is increasingly responsible for bacterial endocarditis...
- Studies on the dynamics of transmission of onchocerciasis in a Sudan-savanna area of North Cameroon I. Prevailing Simulium vectors, their biting rates and age-composition at different distances from their breeding sitesA Renz
Institute of Tropical Medicine,
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 81:215-28. 1987..b>str. and S. sirbanum, together with a small proportion of S. squamosum...
- During toilet training, constipation occurs before stool toileting refusalNathan J Blum
Division of Child Development and Rehabilitation, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Pediatrics 113:e520-2. 2004Previous studies demonstrated that constipation and painful defecation are associated with stool toileting refusal (STR), but whether they are the result of STR or occur before this behavior is not known.
- Induction of actinorhodin production by rpsL (encoding ribosomal protein S12) mutations that confer streptomycin resistance in Streptomyces lividans and Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)J Shima
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Bacteriol 178:7276-84. 1996..Genetic analyses revealed that a streptomycin-resistant mutation str-6 in strain TK24 is responsible for induction of antibiotic synthesis...
- Biosynthesis of sulfur-containing amino acids in Streptomyces venezuelae ISP5230: roles for cystathionine beta-synthase and transsulfurationZ Chang
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4J1
Microbiology 148:2135-47. 2002..Probing an Str. venezuelae genomic library with the PCR product located a hybridizing colony from which pJV207 was isolated...
- Quantitative analysis of chimerism after allogeneic stem cell transplantation by real-time polymerase chain reaction with single nucleotide polymorphisms, standard tandem repeats, and Y-chromosome-specific sequencesMichael Koldehoff
Department of Bone Marrow Transplantation, University Hospital of Essen, Essen, Germany
Am J Hematol 81:735-46. 2006We compared the results of chimerism analyses with real-time SNP-PCR to those obtained by the classical STR-PCR method in 135 hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipients...
- Comparison of slab gel electrophoresis and capillary electrophoresis for the detection of the fluorescently labeled polymerase chain reaction products of short tandem repeat fragmentsD L Deforce
Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, University of Ghent, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 806:149-55. 1998The sizing capability of slab gel electrophoresis for short tandem repeat (STR) fragments was compared to the sizing capability of capillary electrophoresis (CE)...
- Neisseria meningitidis expressing transferrin binding proteins of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae can utilize porcine transferrin for growthD J Litt
Institute of Infections and Immunity, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 68:550-7. 2000..bind human or porcine transferrin because of loss of both transferrin binding proteins (Tbp) A and B [strain B16B6(Str(r))/tbpA(-)B(-)] and (ii) an ability to bind porcine transferrin but not human transferrin [strain B16B6(Str(r))/..
- 284 in vitro function of frozen-thawed bottlenose dolphin (tursiops truncatus) sperm undergoing sorting and recryopreservationG A Montano
SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Reproductive Research Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:240. 2011..vitro quality of nonsorted (CNTR) and sorted (FSF) dolphin sperm before and after recryopreservation using straw (STR) and directional freezing (DF) methods...
- Stimulation of either cholecystokinin receptor subtype reduces while antagonists potentiate or sensitize a morphine-induced excitatory responseL F Felicio
Departamento de Patologia, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil 05508 970
Peptides 22:1299-304. 2001..e. the display of Straub tail reaction in mice (STR). A total of 570 female Balb/C mice were tested. Experiment 1 was undertaken to determine whether i.p...
- Large variability in synaptic N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor density on interneurons and a comparison with pyramidal-cell spines in the rat hippocampusG Nyiri
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, PO Box 37, H 1450, Hungary
Neuroscience 119:347-63. 2003..Four populations of synapse were examined: i). on spines of pyramidal cells in stratum (str.) radiatum and str. oriens; ii). on parvalbumin-positive interneuronal dendritic shafts in str. radiatum; iii)...
- [A study of forensic DNA databases]Dahong Sun
School of Preclinical and Forensic Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 19:340-6. 2002..Also, constructing a testing DNA database can increase our understanding of the issue for forensic DNA databases...
- [Application of chimerism analysis to allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation by STR-PCR]Jing Fen Sun
Department of Hematology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 15:337-41. 2007..the outcome of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (allo-HSCT) by multiple short tandem repeat (STR) amplification using fluorescence labeling polymerase chain reaction (PCR) combined with capillary electrophoresis...
- Short tandem repeat (STR) haplotypes in HLA: an integrated 50-kb STR/linkage disequilibrium/gene map between the RING3 and HLA-B genes and identification of STR haplotype diversification in the class III regionI Vorechovsky
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, S 14157 Huddinge, Sweden
Eur J Hum Genet 9:590-8. 2001We present a dense STR/linkage disequilibrium(LD)/gene map between the RING3 and HLA-B loci, reference allelic sizes on the most prevalent HLA haplotypes and their allelic frequencies in pedigree founders...
- Region-specific alterations in the concentrations of catecholamines and indoleamines in the brains of young and old F344 rats after L-deprenyl treatmentS Thyagarajan
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Rochester, School of Medicine, NY, USA
Brain Res Bull 48:513-20. 1999..and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) in medial basal hypothalamus (MBH), substantia nigra (SN), striatum (Str), and nucleus accumbens (NAc) of young (3 month) and old (21 month) male F344 rats were examined after a 7-day wash-..
- Molecular characterization of the Japanese encephalitis serocomplex of the flavivirus genusM Poidinger
Department of Microbiology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Virology 218:417-21. 1996..which: Alfuy (ALF); Koutango (KOU); Kokobera (KOK); Kunjin (KUN); Murray Valley encephalitis (MVE); JE; Stratford (STR); Usutu (USU); and West Nile (WN) have been isolated from Africa, southern Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia...
- Effects of over-expression of strictosidine synthase and tryptophan decarboxylase on alkaloid production by cell cultures of Catharanthus roseusC Canel
Division of Pharmacognosy, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Planta 205:414-9. 1998..G. Don were genetically engineered to over-express the enzymes strictosidine synthase (STR; EC 22.214.171.124) and tryptophan decarboxylase (TDC; EC 4.1.1...
- Stoichiometry of tyrosine hydroxylase phosphorylation in the nigrostriatal and mesolimbic systems in vivo: effects of acute haloperidol and related compoundsM F Salvatore
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Neuroscience Center of Excellence, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
J Neurochem 75:225-32. 2000..The striatum (Str), substantia nigra (SN), nucleus accumbens (NAc), and ventral tegmental area (VTA) from Sprague-Dawley rats were ..
- DNA-PCR system FGA (FIBRA)--genotype and allele frequencies in a sample of western Germany (DÃ¼sseldorf region)W Huckenbeck
Institute for Forensic Medicine, , Germany
Coll Antropol 23:571-6. 1999Frequency data for the STR system FGA (HumFibra) were obtained from a Caucasoid German population sample (DÃ¼sseldorf area) of 424 unrelated individuals...
- Stimulus-specific long-term habituation of visually guided orienting behavior toward prey in toads: a 14C-2DG studyT Finkenstädt
Abteilung für Neuroethologie, Universitat Kassel, Federal Republic of Germany
J Comp Physiol A 163:1-11. 1988..tectum (vOT), a portion of the tegmental reticular formation (RET), the ventral cerebellum (vCB), and the striatum (STR)...
- [The genetic polymorphisms of nine Y-STR loci with short fragment size alleles in southern Chinese Han population and its application in forensic science]Zhi Hui Deng
Shenzhen Institute of Transfusion Medicine, Shenzhen, Guangdong 518035, P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 23:470-4. 2006To study the genetic polymorphisms of 9 Y-chromosome specific STR loci that the allele size is less than 180 bp in length in the southern Chinese Han population, and to utilize the studied result to forensic science.
- Coordinate expression of matrix metalloproteinase family members in the uterus of normal, matrilysin-deficient, and stromelysin-1-deficient miceL A Rudolph-Owen
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Endocrinology 138:4902-11. 1997..MMPs during uterine functions was determined using mice deficient in either matrilysin (MAT) or stromelysin-1 (STR-1)...
- Number, origins, and chemical types of rat pallidostriatal projection neuronsH Kita
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, The University of Tennessee Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Comp Neurol 437:438-48. 2001The dorsal globus pallidus (GP) receives major inputs from the dorsal neostriatum (Str), the subthalamic nucleus (STN) and the dorsal thalamus. The GP projects to multiple basal ganglia nuclei. One of the GP projection sites is the Str...
- [Clinical study of standardized tertiary rehabilitation program in promoting upper and lower limbs motor function in stroke patients]Yong Shan Hu
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Huashan Hospital and Rehabilitation, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, 200040 Shanghai, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2358-60. 2007To investigate the effect of standardized tertiary rehabilitation (STR) on the upper and lower limbs' motor function in the patients with cerebral stroke accompanied by hemiplegia.
- Short tandem repeats in human exons: a target for disease mutationsBo Eskerod Madsen
Bioinformatics Research Center, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
BMC Genomics 9:410. 2008..In particular, we test whether they share the hypermutability of the longer tandem repeats and whether disease-related genes have a higher STR content than non-disease-related genes.
- High resolution definition of HLA-DRB haplotypes by a simplified microsatellite typing techniqueG G M Doxiadis
Department of Comparative Genetics and Refinement, Biomedical Primate Research Centre, Rijswijk, The Netherlands
Tissue Antigens 74:486-93. 2009..This DRB-STR is highly polymorphic in composition and length...
- Functional and morphological effects of laser-induced ocular hypertension in retinas of adult albino Swiss miceManuel Salinas-Navarro
Department of Ophthalmology, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Vis 15:2578-98. 2009..To investigate the effects of laser photocoagulation (LP)-induced ocular hypertension (OHT) on the survival and retrograde axonal transport of retinal ganglion cells (RGC), as well as on the function of retinal layers...
- Two Medicago truncatula half-ABC transporters are essential for arbuscule development in arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosisQuan Zhang
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Plant Cell 22:1483-97. 2010..Here, we report a Medicago truncatula mutant, stunted arbuscule (str), in which arbuscule development is impaired and AM symbiosis fails...
- Mutagenesis of Klebsiella aerogenes UreG to probe nickel binding and interactions with other urease-related proteinsJodi L Boer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Biochemistry 49:5859-69. 2010..Herein, a Strep-tagged Klebsiella aerogenes UreG (UreG(Str)) and selected site-directed variants of UreG(Str) were constructed for studying the in vivo effects on urease ..
- Coadministration of intrathecal strychnine and bicuculline effects synergistic allodynia in the rat: an isobolographic analysisC W Loomis
School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland St John s, Newfoundland, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 296:756-61. 2001..t.) strychnine (STR) or bicuculline (BIC), respectively...
- The interaction of carbachol and strophantin on the electrical and mechanical events in electrically driven strips of guinea pig left atriaC Kucukhuseyin
Department of Pharmacology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Cerrahpasa Istanbul, Turkey
J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 13:289-310. 2002..and the mechanical actions of the cholinergic agonist carbachol (CARB) and the digitalis glycoside strophantin (STR) in a study on the electrically driven strips of guinea pig left atria...
- Geostatistical inference of main Y-STR-haplotype groups in EuropeAmalia Diaz-Lacava
Institute for Medical Biometry, Informatics and Epidemiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Forensic Sci Int Genet 5:91-4. 2011..We analyzed Y-chromosomal haplotypes composed of 7 highly polymorphic STR loci, genotyped for 33,010 samples, collected at 249 sites in Europe, Western Asia and North Africa, deposited in ..
- Short tandem repeat polymorphism and cancer risk: influence of laboratory analysis on epidemiologic findingsNguyet Tran
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, P O Box 208034 New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:2133-40. 2004Short tandem repeats (STR) are common polymorphisms in the genome. The length of STR may influence gene transcription, exhibiting diverse phenotypes...
- Development of a novel method based on liquid chromatography-evaporative light scattering detection for the direct determination of streptomycin and dihydrostreptomycin in raw materials, pharmaceutical formulations, culture media and plasmaArtemis K Sarri
Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, Athens 15771, Greece
J Chromatogr A 1122:275-8. 2006A novel method for the non-derivatization liquid chromatographic determination of streptomycin (STR) and dihydrostreptomycin (DHSTR) was developed and validated based on evaporative light scattering detection (ELSD)...
- A comparative transcription map of the murine bare patches (Bpa) and striated (Str) critical regions and human Xq28M L Levin
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Genome Res 6:465-77. 1996The X-linked developmental mouse mutations bare patches (Bpa) and striated (Str) may be homologous to human X-linked dominant chondrodysplasia punctata (CDPX2) and incontinentia pigmenti (IP2), respectively, based on their genetic ..
- Extent of ST-segment deviation in the single ECG lead of maximum deviation present 90 or 180 minutes after start of thrombolytic therapy best predicts outcome in acute myocardial infarctionK Schroder
Reha Klinik Ahrenshoop, Germany
Z Kardiol 90:557-67. 2001..In recent years, the sum of ST segment elevation resolution (sum STR) has been proven to be an excellent early prognostic indicator...
- Development of a quality, high throughput DNA analysis procedure for skeletal samples to assist with the identification of victims from the World Trade Center attacksMitchell M Holland
The Bode Technology Group, 7364 Steel Mill Drive, Springfield, VA 22150, USA
Croat Med J 44:264-72. 2003..Group (Bode) in this process was to develop a quality, high throughput DNA extraction and short tandem repeat (STR) analysis procedure for skeletal elements, and to provide STR profiles to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (..
- Independent association of extent of resection with survival in patients with malignant brain astrocytomaMatthew J McGirt
Department of Neurosurgery and Oncology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurosurg 110:156-62. 2009..In this study, the authors investigate this issue after primary and revision resection of these lesions...
- Glycine-activated chloride currents of neurons freshly isolated from the ventral tegmental area of ratsJ H Ye
Department of Anesthesiology, New Jersey Medical School UMDNJ, Newark 07103 2714, USA
Brain Res 796:53-62. 1998..Strychnine (STR), when co-applied with glycine after a prepulse of STR, suppressed both the peak and SS IGly noncompetitively...
- AmpFlSTR Profiler Plus and AmpFlSTR COfiler analysis of tissues stored in GenoFix, a new tissue preservation solution for mass disaster DNA identificationC J Frégeau
Royal Canadian Mounted Police, National DNA Data Bank, Ottawa, ON
J Forensic Sci 46:1180-90. 2001..biopsy tissues stored at room temperature and/or -20 degrees C in a freezer, for subsequent short tandem repeat (STR) DNA typing analysis...
- Twelve short tandem repeat loci Y chromosome haplotypes: genetic analysis on populations residing in North AmericaBruce Budowle
Federal Bureau of 2501 Investigation Parkway, Investigation, Quantico, VA 22135, USA
Forensic Sci Int 150:1-15. 2005A total of 2443 male individuals, previously typed for the 13 CODIS STR loci, distributed across the five North American population groups African American, Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic, and Native American were typed for the Y-STR loci ..
- [Chromosome STR genetic markers in paternity identification]Jing Li
Department of Forensic Medicine, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 29:432-4. 2004To explore the application of paternity identification by chromosome STR genetic markers (short tandem repeat).
- Identification of skeletal remains of Communist Armed Forces victims during and after World War II: combined Y-chromosome (STR) and MiniSTR approachDamir Marjanovic
1Institute for Genetic Engineeringand Biotechnology, Gajev trg 4, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Croat Med J 50:296-304. 2009To report on the use of STR, Y-STRs, and miniSTRs typing methods in the identification of victims of revolutionary violence and crimes against humanity committed by the Communist Armed Forces during and after World War II in which bodies ..
- Mutations in the rpsL gene are involved in streptomycin resistance in Campylobacter coliSatu Olkkola
Department of Food and Environmental Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Microb Drug Resist 16:105-10. 2010To characterize the mechanisms of streptomycin (STR) resistance in Campylobacter coli, we chose 17 isolates that were resistant to STR, erythromycin (ERY), or both, and the putative STR resistance target genes rpsL, rrs, and gidB were ..
- [Development of multiplex short tandem repeat (STR)-PCR for chimerism analysis in patients with hematological malignancies and comparison of chimerism in different sample sources]Chiaki Taira
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Shinshu University Hospital, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Rinsho Byori 59:24-30. 2011Polymerase chain reaction analysis of short-tandem repeat (STR) markers (STR-PCR) has been used for chimerism testing to assess engraftment following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Direct linkage of str-, S10- and spc-related gene clusters in Thermus thermophilus HB8, and sequences of ribosomal proteins L4 and S10T Pfeiffer
Institut fur Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Gene 167:141-5. 1995We have analyzed the genomic region harboring str-S10-spc-related gene clusters in the thermophilic bacterium, Thermus thermophilus (Tt) HB8...
- [Comparison study of the HUMFGA and HTPO STR system in the Saxon and Czech population]E Muller
Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus der technischen Universität Dresden, 01307 Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74 BRD
Sb Lek 102:375-83. 2001..Aim of our study was to compare frequency data for 2 STR-systems, FGA and HTPO, both after PCR amplification, on 200 samples of Czech and 228 of German population...
- [The mechanism of tetragametic chimerism in a true hermaphroditism with 46, XX/46 ,XY]Yingxia Cui
Laboratory of Reproduction and Genetics, Nanjing General Hospital, Nanjing Command, PLA, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210002, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 10:107-12. 2004..To report a true hermaphroditism due to a teragametic chimerism and to discuss the pathogenesis of tetragametic chimerism...
- [Sequential and quantitative analysis of chimerism after non-myeloablative stem cell transplantation]Xiao Wen Tang
The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University and Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, Suzhou 215006, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 43:98-101. 2004....
- Relationship between ambulatory blood pressure monitoring values and future occurrence of ischemic cerebrovascular and coronary events in hypertensive patientsJosé Mesquita Bastos
Escola Superior de Saúde, Universidade de Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 25:305-16. 2006..To evaluate in a prospective study the relationship between 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) values and the occurrence of nonfatal ischemic cerebrovascular and coronary events in treated hypertensive patients...
- Functional characterization of GABAergic pallidopallidal and striatopallidal synapses in the rat globus pallidus in vitroRobert E Sims
Biomedical Sciences, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Eur J Neurosci 28:2401-8. 2008..glutamatergic inputs from the subthalamic nucleus, GP neurons receive GABAergic inhibitory input from the striatum (Str-GP) and from local collaterals of neighbouring pallidal neurons (GP-GP)...
- Use of X-linked short tandem repeats loci to confirm mutations in parentage caseworksDing Ping Chen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan County, Taiwan, ROC
Clin Chim Acta 408:29-33. 2009..However, the accuracy of STR is sometimes interfered by the presence of microsatellite mutations...
- ST-segment resolution and prognosis after facilitated versus primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction: a meta-analysisIngo Eitel
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Leipzig Heart Center, Strümpellstr 39, 04289, Leipzig, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:1-11. 2010Complete ST-segment resolution (STR) is associated with favorable prognosis in ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- Fast dynamic response of the fermentative metabolism of Escherichia coli to aerobic and anaerobic glucose pulsesAlvaro R Lara
Departamento de Procesos y Tecnologia, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Cuajimalpa Artificios, Col Miguel Hidalgo, Del Alvaro Obregón, Mexico DF, C P, Mexico
Biotechnol Bioeng 104:1153-61. 2009..fermentation metabolism was studied in a two-compartment bioreactor system consisting of a stirred tank reactor (STR) connected to a mini-plug-flow reactor (PFR: BioScope, 3.5 mL volume)...
- Italian population data on two new short tandem repeat loci: D6S477 and D19S433L Garofano
Laboratory Division, FBI Academy, Quantico, VA, USA
Forensic Sci Int 101:203-8. 1999A population study on two new short tandem repeat (STR) loci D6S477 and D19S433 was performed on 214 unrelated Italian Caucasians...
- Evaluation of a quadruplex short atandem repeat system (HUMVWA31/A, HUMD11S554, HUMAPOAI1, and HUMACTBP2 loci) for forensic identity testing, confident typing of complex alleles, and population databasesM Delghandi
Department of Morphology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Croat Med J 42:33-44. 2001To evaluate a quadruplex short tandem repeat (STR) system based on the amplification of allelic products from HUMVWA31/A, HUMD11S554, HUMACTBP2, and HUMAPOAI1 loci for routine identity testing in forensic casework, and to provide details ..
- Development of the X-linked tetrameric microsatellite marker HumDXS6789 for forensic purposesS Hering
Institut für Rechtsmedizin der Medizinischen Fakultät, Technische Universitat, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 119:42-6. 2001This paper presents sequence and population genetic data of the X-linked DXS6789 short tandem repeat (STR). The tetranucleotide repeat polymorphism DXS6789, also known as CHLC.GATA31F01, is located at the Xq22.3 region...
- Possible labile inhibition of the growth of Streptococcus uberis in milk from cows free from mastitisKirsty E Kliem
Institute for Animal Health, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 7NN, UK
J Dairy Res 69:375-82. 2002..from dairy cows never known to have had an intramammary infection with Streptococcus uberis can inhibit growth of Str. uberis for up to 7 h. This inhibition is abolished if milk is heated to 80 degrees C...
- Characterisation of variant alleles at the HumD21S11 locus implies unique Australasian genotypes and re-classification of nomenclature guidelinesSimon J Walsh
Science and Justice Consulting, P O Box 83, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, Australia
Forensic Sci Int 135:35-41. 2003..The structure of the repeat region of these rare alleles combined with the STR designation brings aspects of the HumD21S11 nomenclature guidelines into question, in particular the designation of ..
- Two STR loci polymorphisms of adenosine deaminase gene in Japanese populationJian Tie
Department of Legal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Leg Med (Tokyo) 4:109-12. 2002..At the ADA-TTTA locus, no significant differences were observed between Japanese and Chinese or between Japanese and Basques, but significant differences were found between our Japanese population and Italians and Mossi...
- Y-chromosomal microsatellite mutation rates: differences in mutation rate between and within lociB Myhre Dupuy
Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Hum Mutat 23:117-24. 2004Precise estimates of mutation rates at Y-chromosomal microsatellite STR (short tandem repeat) loci make an important basis for paternity diagnostics and dating of Y chromosome lineage origins...
- STR typing of human DNA from fly larvae fed on decomposing bodiesRichard Zehner
Zentrum der Rechtsmedizin der J W Goethe Universität, Kennedyallee 104, D 60596 Frankfurt, Germany
J Forensic Sci 49:337-40. 2004..The obtained human STR profiles support the association of a maggot to a specific corpse...
- Short tandem repeats are associated with diverse mRNAs encoding membrane-targeted proteinsDonald E Riley
Department of Research, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington, USA
Bioessays 26:434-44. 2004..To investigate STR usage patterns, we used three approaches: (1) comparisons of individual mRNA database sequences including ..
- [Rare, out-ladder alleles at the STR loci in the population of Upper Silesia]Ewa Raczek
Z Katedry Medycyny Sadowej Slaskiej AM w Katowicach
Arch Med Sadowej Kryminol 54:101-6. 2004..There are alleles: VWA*12 and 21, CSF1PO*16, D13S317*6 and TPOX*5 with the following frequency: 0.0006 and 0.0006, 0.0005, 0.0006 and 0.0005...
- [Prevalence of iron deficiency anemia in a group of pre-school and school children, living in conditions of poverty]Daniel Winocur
Departamento de Pediatria, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires
Medicina (B Aires) 64:481-6. 2004..MCV < or = 73 fl and/or SF < or = 15 microg/l, transferrin saturation (TS) and soluble transferrin receptors (sTR) were also measured...
- Placental defects are associated with male lethality in bare patches and striated embryos deficient in the NAD(P)H Steroid Dehydrogenase-like (NSDHL) EnzymeHugo Caldas
Center for Molecular and Human Genetics, Columbus Children s Research Institute, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Mol Genet Metab 84:48-60. 2005..in the Nsdhl gene are associated with the X-linked male lethal mouse mutations bare patches (Bpa) and striated (Str), as well as with most cases of human CHILD syndrome...
- [The polymorphism of nine STR loci on the genetic original identification of complete hydatidiform mole]Chun Yi Ou
Harbin Red Cross Central Hospital, Harbin 150 076, China
Yi Chuan 26:607-11. 2004..products were separated using denaturing polyacrylamide gel and were detected by silver stain for 9 different STR loci analysis. Among 33 samples of CHM, DNA from only paternal origin was found in 27 cases (81...
- Optimization and validation of a fully automated silica-coated magnetic beads purification technology in forensicsM Nagy
Institute of Legal Medicine, Charite University Medicine Berlin, 10115 Berlin, Hannoversche Strasse 6, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 152:13-22. 2005..There has been no evidence of cross contamination. Resulting DNA from as small as three nuclear cells yield reliable complete STR amplification profiles. The DNA remains stable after 2 years of storage.
- Short tandem repeat (STR) genotyping of keratinised hair. Part 1. Review of current status and knowledge gapsDennis McNevin
Division of Health, Design and Science, University of Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
Forensic Sci Int 153:237-46. 2005We present a review of the literature on procedures for obtaining short tandem repeat (STR) genotypes from keratinised hair, being either hair shaft or telogen phase (naturally shed) hairs without associated scalp, follicle or sheath ..
- Identification of a novel polymorphism in the X-chromosome region homologous to the DYS456 locusChien Wei Chang
Applied Biosystems, Foster City, CA 94404, USA
J Forensic Sci 51:344-8. 2006During an extensive multipopulation study with Y-short tandem repeat (STR) loci, amplified using the AmpFlSTR Yfiler PCR amplification kit, amplification of a 71 bp fragment was observed in 2.32% of the male samples analyzed (N = 3141)...
- [Susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates to primary antituberculous drugs on chocolate agar: a preliminary study]Ahmet Yilmaz Coban
Ondokuz Mayis Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Mikrobiyoloji ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Samsun
Mikrobiyol Bul 42:477-81. 2008..testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis strains against isoniazid (INH), rifampicin (RIF), streptomycin (STR) and ethambutol (ETM)...
- Mitochondrial control region sequences from a U.S. "Hispanic" population sampleJessica L Saunier
Armed Forces DNA Identification Laboratory, Rockville, MD 20850, United States
Forensic Sci Int Genet 2:e19-23. 2008..M. Butler, R. Schoske, P.M. Vallone, J.W. Redman, M.C. Kline, Allele frequencies for 15 autosomal STR loci on U.S. Caucasian, African American, and Hispanic populations, J. Forensic Sci. 48 (2003) 908-911]...
- 15 STR loci frequencies with mutation rates in the population from Rio Grande do Sul, Southern BrazilFernanda Goulart Lanes Chula
Laboratório de Investigação de Paternidade, Centro de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico, Fundação Estadual de Produção e Pesquisa em Saúde, Av Ipiranga, 5400, Bairro Jardim Botânico, CEP 90610 000 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Forensic Sci Int Genet 3:e35-8. 2009Allele frequencies for 15 short tandem repeats (STR) loci were obtained from a sample of 2038 individuals undergoing paternity testing. The population is from Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil...
- Molecular phylogeography of the asp viper Vipera aspis (Linnaeus, 1758) in Italy: evidence for introgressive hybridization and mitochondrial DNA captureF Barbanera
Dipartimento di Biologia, Unità di Protistologia Zoologia, Universita di Pisa, Via A Volta 6, I 56126 Pisa, Italy
Mol Phylogenet Evol 52:103-14. 2009..at three mitochondrial DNA regions (2278 characters, total) and six microsatellite DNA loci (Short Tandem Repeats, STR)...
- Genetic population analysis of 17 Y-chromosomal STRs in three states (Valle del Cauca, Cauca and Nariño) from Southwestern ColombiaSandra Julieta Avila
Grupo de Genética Forense, Instituto Nacional de Medicina Legal y Ciencias Forenses, Calle 7A 12 61 Tercer piso, Bogota, Colombia
J Forensic Leg Med 16:204-11. 2009..DYS393, DYS438, DYS439, DYS437, DYS448, DYS456, DYS458, DYS635, YGATA-H4 and DYS385a/b) short tandem repeat (STR) polymorphic systems were typed in three South West Colombian populations: Valle (short term for Valle del Cauca), ..
- Short and long term axotomy-induced ERG changes in albino and pigmented ratsLuis Alarcón-Martínez
Departamento de Oftalmologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Murcia, 30100 Murcia, Spain
Mol Vis 15:2373-83. 2009..To investigate the different components of full-field flash electroretinogram (ERG) responses in adult albino and pigmented rats at various time intervals following optic nerve transection (ONT)...
- Molecular phylogeny of Menthinae (Lamiaceae, Nepetoideae, Mentheae)--Taxonomy, biogeography and conflictsChristian Bräuchler
LMU Munchen, Department Biologie I, Systematische Botanik, Menzinger Str 67, 80687 München, Germany
Mol Phylogenet Evol 55:501-23. 2010..The first contains members of Satureja and Gontscharovia. In the second lineage Micromeria s.str. and Origanum were resolved as monophyletic, Pentapleura and Zataria indicated as sister groups...
- Fourteen non-CODIS autosomal short tandem repeat loci multiplex data from TaiwaneseHsiao Lin Hwa
Department and Graduate Institute of Forensic Medicine, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Legal Med 125:219-26. 2011Interest in the development of polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers unlinked to the CODIS loci is growing among forensic practitioners...
- Genetic differences among North African Berber and Arab-speaking populations revealed by Y-STR diversityMaria Gaibar
Departamento de Ciencias Biomédicas Básicas, Universidad Europea de Madrid, Villaviciosa de Odón, Spain
Ann Hum Biol 38:228-36. 2011Y-chromosome STR polymorphisms are inherited in a haploid state which makes them a powerful tool for easy tracing of paternal lineage and for use in human population evolutionary studies...
- Population genetic data for 17 STR markers from LebanonEliane Chouery
Medical Genetics Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Saint Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
Leg Med (Tokyo) 12:324-6. 2010..A total of 192 unrelated individuals were genotyped for the 15 autosomal STRs in the Promega PowerPlex 16 STR kit...
- Effects of the toxin 3-chloroaniline at low concentrations on microbial community dynamics and membrane bioreactor performanceMichael W Falk
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Davis, Gausi Hall, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Water Res 44:5109-15. 2010..T-RFLP spectra analysis compared the rapid species turnover rate (STR) approach with the more computationally intensive non-metric multi-dimensional scaling (NMS) complemented with ..
- Comparison of multi-subject ICA methods for analysis of fMRI dataErik Barry Erhardt
The MIND Research Network, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 32:2075-95. 2011..approaches (GICA1-GICA3) and an indirect back-reconstruction approach, spatio-temporal regression (STR, or dual regression)...
- Emergence of Culicoides obsoletus from indoor and outdoor breeding sitesCamille Ninio
USC Anses Vecpar JE2533, College of Pharmacy, University of Reims Champagne Ardenne, 51 rue Cognacq Jay, 51100 Reims, France
Vet Parasitol 183:125-9. 2011..Its breeding sites are poorly documented at the present time. We report numerous emergences of C. obsoletus s. str. from soil samples collected in two holdings between August and September 2010...
- [Efficacy of haploidentical allogeneic bone marrow hematopoietic stem cell transplantation combined with umbilical cord blood derived mesenchymal stem cells for severe aplastic anemia]Li xin Xu
Department of Hematology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 19:1241-5. 2011..8 days, and average time for Plt level > 20×10(9)/L was 17.8 days. The STR-PCR detection of patient peripheral blood at day 30 after transplantation showed that engraftment was complete ..
- Stearylated INF7 peptide enhances endosomal escape and gene expression of PEGylated nanoparticles both in vitro and in vivoAyman El-Sayed
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Pharm Sci 101:879-82. 2012We previously reported on a stearylated INF7 peptide (str-INF7), which enhances the endosomal escape of an octaarginine (R8)-modified liposomal particle encapsulating plasmid DNA (pDNA) in a fusion-independent manner...
- [Comparison of proportion method in Löwenstein-Jensen medium with the BACTEC 460 TB system for antimycobacterial susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates]Süreyya Gül Yurtsever
Izmir Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Mikrobiyol Bul 45:623-31. 2011..Nonetheless, the rate of incompatible results was higher for STR than the other drugs...
- Influence of soil use on prevalence of tetracycline, streptomycin, and erythromycin resistance and associated resistance genesMagdalena Popowska
Department of Applied Microbiology, Institute of Microbiology, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1434-43. 2012..resistance genes were detected using multiplex quantitative real-time PCR (qPCR), with tet(B), aad(A), and str(A) each present in only one soil and tet(M) and tet(W) detected in all soils...
- Haplotype analysis of the polymorphic 17 YSTR markers in Kerala nontribal populationsSeema Nair Parvathy
Department of Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering, Sree Buddha College of Engineering, Kerala, India
Mol Biol Rep 39:7049-59. 2012..aim of our study has been to provide sufficient scientific evidence based on Y chromosome short tandem repeat (Y STR) analysis for tracing the paternal lineage and also to create a database of the Y STR haplotype of the male ..
- Multiplex PCR for 17 Y-chromosome Specific Short Tandem Repeats (STR) to enhance the reliability of fetal sex determination in maternal plasmaYuan Rong
Center for Gene Diagnosis, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Donghu Rd 169, Wuchang District, Wuhan 430071, China E Mails Y R J G
Int J Mol Sci 13:5972-81. 2012..paternal blood were isolated for gender determination by amplification of the amelogenin gene and 17 Y-chromosome STR loci, using three different commercial kits...
- Allelic polymorphic investigation of 21 autosomal short tandem repeat loci in a Chinese Bai ethnic groupChun Mei Shen
School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, PR China
Leg Med (Tokyo) 15:109-13. 2013..005 to 0.575. The genotypic frequency distributions at those STR loci were consistent with Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium (Bonferroni's correction was used for Hardy-Weinberg ..
- The transfection activity of R8-modified nanoparticles and siRNA condensation using pH sensitive stearylated-octahistidineNaoyuki Toriyabe
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Hokkaido, Japan
Biomaterials 34:1337-43. 2013..To test this hypothesis, we used a stearylated-octahistidine (STR-H8) as a pH responsive polycation that facilitates the efficient release of siRNA into the cytoplasm, while a ..
- ADAPT-NMR Enhancer: complete package for reduced dimensionality in protein NMR spectroscopyWoonghee Lee
National Magnetics Resonance Facility at Madison, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Bioinformatics 29:515-7. 2013..Results can be exported in various formats, including XEASY proton file (.prot), PINE pre-assignment file (.str), PINE probabilistic output file, SPARKY peak list file (.list) and TALOS+ input file (.tab)...
- A Validated Resource of Thyroid Cancer Cell Lines for Pathway DiscoveryJEFFREY ALLEN KNAUF; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be carefully characterized and compared to the corresponding tumor tissue of origin by short tandem repeat (STR) profiling to confirm their derivation...
- Genetic Analysis of Human First Trimester Trophoblast in Ongoing PregnanciesMichael Peter Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Specific Aim 1, the fetal DNA will be validated by short tandem repeat (STR) profiling and comparison to blood samples from the mother and corresponding neonate (N=50)...
- Genetics of Longevity in Long-Lived SiblingsSangkyu Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using blood samples, we will genotype the longevous subjects at 811 short-tandem repeat (STR) loci and Identify potential regions that are excessively shared among the long-lived siblings;(2) Narrow down the ..
- The Genetic Epidemiology of COPD in Costa RicaJUAN CARLOS CELEDON; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will conduct a genome scan on these large pedigrees using short-tandem repeat (STR) markers and perform linkage analysis of six COPDrelated phenotypes: chronic bronchitis;airflow obstruction;FEV1;..
- POPULATION GENETIC MAPPING OF TOURETTE SYNDROMENelson Freimer; Fiscal Year: 2009..population genetic mapping approach, that is, using densely spaced, highly polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers to identify regions of linkage disequilibrium (LD) with TS...
- GENE DISCOVERY FOR THE KENNY CAFFEY SYNDROMEBruce Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2000..linkage to the gene causing the autosomal recessive form of KCS was performed with polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers. Significant linkage was obtained with a maximal two-point LOD score of 13...
- MUTATIONAL MECHANISMS OF REPETITIVE DNA IN HUMAN CELLSKristin Eckert; Fiscal Year: 2001..proposal is to evaluate the significance of spontaneous and carcinogen-induced mutations at short tandem repeat (STR) DNA loci in human cells...
- FRAMEWORK LINKAGE MAPS OF HUMAN CHROMOSOMES 10 & 20Tim Keith; Fiscal Year: 1993..If necessary, new markers that reveal Alu and STR variation will be isolated from chromosome specific libraries. It is anticipated that this effort will be minimal...
- Longevity Genes in Founder PopulationsALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2005..for longevity assurance genes in multiplex Amish pedigrees by genotyping 391 polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers spaced at approximately 10 cM intervals and performing 'affecteds' only linkage analysis...
- Joint Determinants of Bone Density and CVD CalcificationBraxton Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2004..NIH funding available to the AFOS parent study, we will genotype 391 highly polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers spaced at approximately 10 cM intervals and perform a genome-wide scan to detect quantitative trait loci (..
- DIVERSITY IN HUMAN DNA SEQUENCESMarcus Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Demography of ancient human populations is studied using variation at microsatellite, or short tandem repeat (STR) loci in lineages marked with single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)...
- Short Tandem Repeat Polymorphisms in CytomegalovirusJames Bale; Fiscal Year: 2003..Recently, short tandem repeat (STR) length polymorphisms were identified in the HCMV genome...
- Max A Cayo; Fiscal Year: 2016..Lin28) and validate the resulting iPSC by immunostaining/fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, DNA fingerprint STR analysis, karyotyping, and teratoma assay...
- Genomic Stability and RecQ DNA Helicases in YeastSteven J Brill; Fiscal Year: 2012..As in humans, loss of the homologous Sgs1-Top3-Rmi1 (STR) complex in yeast results in genome instability and enhanced sensitivity to DNA damage...
- Transcriptional Atlas of Human Brain DevelopmentPAT R LEVITT; Fiscal Year: 2010..The rest of the time points will add Occipital Cortex (OC), cerebellum (CB) and striatum (STR), for a total of 276 brain samples...
- Steven J Brill; Fiscal Year: 2015..In the yeast model system this complex is referred to as STR (Sgs1-Top3-Rmi1)...
- RAPID AND ACCURATE GENOTYPING OF STRS BY ESI-MSDAVID MUDDIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..studies, unknown loci will be genotyped form the SNP panel of 90 to determine if there are any correlations between STR and SNP maps starting with the T-cell receptor beta loci located on chromosome 7...
- Sweet taste receptors and glucose metabolism in healthy and T2DM humansKaren L Teff; Fiscal Year: 2012..The G-protein coupled receptors, T1R2 and T1R3 which form the sweet taste receptor (STR) and gustducin, the G protein involved in taste signal transduction are all expressed in the small intestine of ..
- John C Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2016..and functional assessment of retinal ganglion cell/inner retina injury with the scotopic threshold response (STR) by electroretinography...
- Developing a Skin Toxicity-Related Quality of Life Scale for Breast RadiotherapyJulie B Schnur; Fiscal Year: 2012..the prevalence of skin toxicity, there is no gold standard measure of skin toxicity-related quality of life (STR-QOL)...
- Early Detection and Quantification of OAKaren A Hasty; Fiscal Year: 2013..the medial meniscus (DMM) in mice, and two models of spontaneous osteoarthritis with Dunkin-Hartley guinea pigs and Str/Ort mice that share many features of human OA...
- Mitchell S Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2015..EFS, OS, hematopoietic reconstitution and AGVHD/CGVHD by Kaplan Meier statistics; measurement of donor chimerism by STR methodology;qualitative and quantitative T, B, NK cell immune reconstitution and function by flow cytometry, ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS AND MODULATION OF GLIAL ACTIVATIONLinda Van Eldik; Fiscal Year: 2009..Approximately 360 hyper-variable STR markers willbe typed for each individualto produce a 10cM genome map...
- Joshua D Berke; Fiscal Year: 2016..Activity in sensorimotor striatum (STR) appeared to correspond to a Go process, while Stop cues instead provoked very fast responses in the subthalamic ..
- Speech Therapy Robot (STR) to assist in the administration of evidence based speeGarima Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This SBIR phase I project will develop a Speech Therapy Robot (STR) to assist in the administration of evidence-based speech and language therapy to provide individualized monitoring of multiple ..
- Samuel A Deadwyler; Fiscal Year: 2014..neuronal activity in prefrontal cortex (PFC), medial temporal lobe (MTL) and dorsal and ventral striatum (Str) that is imaged from the same behavioral sessions...
- Randolph S Watnick; Fiscal Year: 2014..Therapeutic targeting of metastasis initiation has tremendous promise for cancer patients who are likely to die of pulmonary metastasis. ..
- Adherence Assessment for SupplementsMichael N Harris; Fiscal Year: 2011..XGT 5000 XRF microscope, and a custom-built confocal XRF microscope, FPLC, and an Applied Biosystems Voyager-DE STR MALDI-TOF and QSTAR XL MS/MS mass spectrometer. Caldera has access to machine and electronics shops...
- Breast Cancer Risk and Molecular Change After ChernobylScott Davis; Fiscal Year: 2012..and recovery of pure tumor cell samples, and DMA from these cell samples will be extracted for array studies, STR analysis and methylation assays...
- Molecular Characterization of Insect Pheromone Chemosensory Mutants in NematodesRay L Hong; Fiscal Year: 2012..pacificus wildtype genes using C. elegans winged amphid neuron promoters such as odr-7 and str-2 (specific for AWA and AWC, respectively) and look for gain-of-function attraction chemotaxis phenotype towards ..
- Daniel L Drane; Fiscal Year: 2015..abstract_text> ..
- Tobin R Sosnick; Fiscal Year: 2016..Identifying the origin of the complex kinetics both challenges our understanding and can help improve design algorithms. ..
- Hongqi Xin; Fiscal Year: 2016..Confirming our hypothesis represents a major leap forward in our understanding of cell-cell communication and will lead to novel ways to augment brain recovery. ..
- Genetic Modifiers of Alpha 1-Antitrypsin DeficiencyEdwin Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will perform genome screen genotyping of the 400 families using short tandem repeat (STR) markers, and we will perform multipoint linkage analysis...
- High velocity resistance training in older men and womenStephen Sayers; Fiscal Year: 2006..at high velocity (ls for the concentric portion of the contraction) 3 x per week; traditional strength training (STR), consisting of 3 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions at 80% of the one-repetition-maximum (1RM) at slow velocity (2 s for ..
- Modeling Sweet Protein-Receptor InteractionsMeng Cui; Fiscal Year: 2010..research proposal is to understand the nature of the interactions between sweet proteins and sweet taste receptor (STR). STR is a heterodimer of T1R2 and T1R3, which is a G protein-coupled receptor (GPCRs) from Family C...
- APPROACHES TO THE GENETICS OF COPDEdwin Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will obtain genotyping with highly polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers at 10 cM intervals throughout the genome from the NHLBI Mammalian Genotyping Service; these genotypes will ..
- MALDI-TOF MASS SPECTROMETERDavid Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003Funds are requested to purchase an Applied Biosystems Voyager DE-STR matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization, time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometer, equipped with integrated data acquisition and bioinformatics capabilities, ..
- GENETIC MANAGEMENT OF CHIMPANZEE BREEDING AND RESEARCHJohn Ely; Fiscal Year: 1999..Toward these ends, human short tandem repeat (STR) DNA markers which can be typed using PCR will be identified which reveal informative polymorphisms in chimpanzees...
- Genetic Mechanisms of Vertebrate Caudal Limb Field SpecificationJEFFREY INNIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is the only reported mouse mutant of its kind, and offers a wealth of insight. Our current SNP and STR mapping data has excluded much of the genome including, but not limited to, the chromosomal regions of Pitxl, Tbx4, ..
- A GENOME SCAN FOR SUSCEPTIBILITY TO HELMINTHIC INFECTIONSarah Williams Blangero; Fiscal Year: 2009..of QTLs influencing susceptibility to helminthic infection by fine mapping of QTL regions with additional STR markers...
- POSITIONAL CLONING OF PYCNODYSOSTOSISBruce Gelb; Fiscal Year: 2000..for pericentromeric alpha-repeats, and identify cosmid clones mapping to the Pycno region which are needed for STR development and gene discovery; 4) probe peripheral monocytes by assaying cytokine secretion, phagocytosis and kill ..
- GENETICS OF THYROID HORMONES IN MEXICAN AMERICANSPAUL SAMOLLOW; Fiscal Year: 2001..trait loci (QTLs) for thyroid hormone phenotypes and approximately 325 polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers via initial genome-wide screening using two-point variance component analysis; and 4) refine preliminary ..
- LOCUS SPECIFIC BRACKETING MARKERS IN STR GENOTYPINGDEBANG LIU; Fiscal Year: 2000The objective of the present research is to improve the calibration of electrophoretic short tandem repeat (STR) analysis so as to facilitate its widespread use in human identification with simple, cost effective, reproducibly and highly ..
- GENETICS OF CHILDHOOD OBESITYNancy Butte; Fiscal Year: 2004..Approximately 360 hyper-variable STR markers will be typed for each individual to produce a 10 cM genome map...
- VOYAGER-DE STR BIOSPECTROMETRY WORKSTATIONMichail Alterman; Fiscal Year: 1999This request is for the Voyager DE STR Biospectrometry Workstation (MALDI TOF mass spectrometer) to be part of the Biochemical Research Service Laboratory (BRSL) at the University of Kansas, serving the Division of Biological Sciences ..
- The Genetics of Longevity in a Founder PopulationJohn Sorkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will perform a genome wide scan using short tandem repeat (STR) markers spaced at ~10 cM intervals. We will perform an affected relative pairs linkage analysis of the probands...
- GENETICS OF OSTEOPOROSIS IN THE AMISHALAN SHULDINER; Fiscal Year: 2004..chromosomal regions containing osteoporosis susceptibility genes utilizing 391 polymorphic short tandem repeat (STR) markers spaced at approximately 10 cM intervals...
- BIOLOGY OF STR-3 AND ITS ROLE IN LUNG CANCERIan Anderson; Fiscal Year: 1999..Stromelysin-3 (STR-3) is a recently characterized MMP that was cloned on the basis of differential expression in benign and malignant ..
- Bridging single cell and population dynamicsTheoden Netoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., excitation- or inhibition-based synchronization) using 'spike time response' (STR) methods from applied mathematics...
- EXPERIMENTAL STUDIES IN SENSORY PATHWAYSMARK BEVAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..we will utilize the newly developed in vitro organotypic culture preparation consisting of PPN, SN, STH and STR to conduct morphological and electrophysiological studies...
- Nonablative AlloSCT in Refractory Autoimmune DiseaseMitchell Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2003..Blood, T-cell and NK chimerism will be performed by flow cytometry sorting and chimerism by short tandem repeats (STR), kinetic PCR and/or variable number tandem repeats (VNTR); immune reconstitution by flow cytometry, TREC, alpha/..
- A GENOME SCAN FOR SUSCEPTIBILITY TO HELMINTHIC INFECTIONSarah Williams Blangero; Fiscal Year: 1999..We will use automated genotyping techniques to place STR markers every lOcM across the genome...
- STROMELYSIN 3 AND THE TUMOR MICROENVIRONMENTMargaret Shipp; Fiscal Year: 2002..tumor vasculature and enhance tumor cell viability and that a unique matrix metalloproteinase, stromelysin-3 (STR-3) contributes to this process...
- MALDI-TOF MASS SPECTROMETERMARION ANDERS; Fiscal Year: 2000..laser desorption ionization-time-of-flight mass spectrometer (MALDI-TOF MS; PE Biosystems Voyager DE-STR). No MALDI-TOF MS is presently available at the University of Rochester...
- Treadmill Training with Rhythmic Auditory Cueing in Older Adults with Chronic StrJill Whitall; Fiscal Year: 2009..One potential benefit from this approach is that it may produce increased recovery of function over the single approaches alone. ..
- Genetic Linkage Study in Parkinson's DiseaseRichard Myers; Fiscal Year: 2006..1998). Recently, we found association (p<0.02) to the same STR marker and allele as seen by Dr. Gasser's group and association to SNP alleles (pC0...
- Prenatal MDMA-Induced Changes in Axonal Guidance CuesJack Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2006..rats was significantly and dramatically increased in the prefrontal cortex (PFC: 502%) as well as in striatum (STR: 9%), nucleus accumbens (NAc: 8%) and the lateral septum (LS: 15%) at P21...
- Genetic Association and Stratification: AlcoholismAndrew Smolen; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will genotype 100 unlinked short tandem repeat (STR) markers spanning the autosomal genome and use these 100 markers to detect population stratification by applying ..
- Immunotherapy for EBV Positive Hodgkin's DiseaseKenneth Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will track the infused CTL using PCR assays for short tandem repeats (STR)...
- AQUISITION OF A MALDI TOF DE STR MASS SPECTROMETERELIZABETH KOMIVES; Fiscal Year: 1999..Four of the research users are members of the UCSD Cancer Center, and technical support for sample analysis has been committed by the Cancer Center. ..
- Genome-Wide Association of Platelet PhenotypesLewis Becker; Fiscal Year: 2009..All study participants have had a 500 short tandem repeat (STR) genome scan...
- ABI 3730xl DNA AnalyzerDavid Bishop; Fiscal Year: 2006..projects, it will support low to high throughput genotyping utilizing a wide variety of approaches including STR-based linkage, single SNP analyses, allele quantitation by SNaPshot assays, and high throughput genotyping with 48-..
- CHONDROPROTECTION BY A NOVEL RETINOID AND TRITERPENOIDMatthew Vincenti; Fiscal Year: 2004..this work to establish the chondroprotective efficacy of BMS-189453 and CDDO, alone and in combination, in the STR/ORT spontaneous mouse model of OA, and in the mouse collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) model of RA...
- OXIDATIVE STRESS IN A RAT MODEL OF PARKINSONS DISEASECHRISTINA ZUCH; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition, the behavioral and histological alterations resulting from 6-OHDA lesions of the STR in normal and hyperoxia-resistant rats will be examined...