Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: STAT6
Description: signal transducer and activator of transcription 6
Alias: D12S1644, IL-4-STAT, STAT6B, STAT6C, signal transducer and activator of transcription 6, STAT, interleukin4-induced, signal transducer and activator of transcription 6, interleukin-4 induced, transcription factor IL-4 STAT
Publications222 found, 100 shown here
- Stat6 activation is essential for interleukin-4 induction of P-selectin transcription in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsY Khew-Goodall
Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Division of Human Immunology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, Australia
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:1421-9. 1999..We demonstrate the existence of 2 functional signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (Stat6) binding sites on the P-selectin promoter and further demonstrate, by functional ..
- Activation of eotaxin-3/CCLl26 gene expression in human dermal fibroblasts is mediated by STAT6J Hoeck
Department of Allergic Diseases, Novartis Research Institute, Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 167:3216-22. 2001..This effect was mediated by a binding site for the transcription factor STAT6 in the eotaxin-3 promoter sequence...
- Dissociation of T helper type 2 cytokine-dependent airway lesions from signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 signalling in experimental chronic asthmaP S Foster
Division of Molecular Biosciences, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 33:688-95. 2003..Type 2 T helper lymphocytes (Th2 cells) and their cytokine products are important in the pathogenesis of asthma...
- STAT signaling in ischemic heart: a role of STAT5A in ischemic preconditioningGenbu Yamaura
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06030 1110, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H476-82. 2003..A rapid activation of JAK and several STATs, including STAT3, STAT5A, and STAT6 also occurred during myocardial ischemia and reperfusion...
- The transcriptional co-activator p/CIP (NCoA-3) is up-regulated by STAT6 and serves as a positive regulator of transcriptional activation by STAT6Akinori Arimura
Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:31105-12. 2004Transcriptional activation by signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) has been shown to require the direct interaction not only with co-activators such as p300 and cAMP-responsive element-binding protein-binding protein ..
- STAT6 and Ets-1 form a stable complex that modulates Socs-1 expression by interleukin-4 in keratinocytesJulia Travagli
INSERM U461, Faculte de Pharmacie, 5 rue J B Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
J Biol Chem 279:35183-92. 2004..This element contains three STAT6 and one Ets consensus binding sequences of which specific mutations abolished IL-4 responsiveness either partially ..
- Dual oxidase 1 induced by Th2 cytokines promotes STAT6 phosphorylation via oxidative inactivation of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B in human epidermal keratinocytesSatoshi Hirakawa
Department of Dermatology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
J Immunol 186:4762-70. 2011..Finally, we demonstrated that the increased expression of DUOX1 in IL-4/IL-13-treated NHEK augments STAT6 phosphorylation via oxidative inactivation of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B...
- Epigenetic and transcriptional control of the 15-lipoxygenase-1 gene in a Hodgkin lymphoma cell lineCheng Liu
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital Solna and Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 318:169-76. 2012..5' promoter region demonstrated three putative binding sites for signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT6) within the proximal 1200 base pairs relative to the start codon...
- Inhibition of suppressive T cell factor 1 (TCF-1) isoforms in naive CD4+ T cells is mediated by IL-4/STAT6 signalingElisabeth Maier
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Salzburg, Hellbrunner Strasse 34, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
J Biol Chem 286:919-28. 2011..GATA-binding protein 3 (GATA3) and thus to promote the development of IL-4-producing Th2 cells independent of STAT6 signaling...
- Opposing actions of Stat1 and Stat6 on IL-13-induced up-regulation of early growth response-1 and platelet-derived growth factor ligands in pulmonary fibroblastsJennifer L Ingram
CIIT Centers for Health Research, Research Triangle Park, Durham, NC 27709, USA
J Immunol 177:4141-8. 2006..IL-13 increases PDGF-A and PDGF-C mRNA levels through a dual intracellular cascade that requires coactivation of Stat6 and Stat1 to impact transcriptional regulation of the early growth response (Egr)-1 gene, which then drives PDGF ..
- Essential role of Stat6 in IL-4 signallingK Takeda
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Nature 380:627-30. 1996..IL-4 activates two distinct signalling pathways through tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat6, a signal transducer and activator of transcription, and of a 170K protein called 4PS...
- Lack of IL-4-induced Th2 response and IgE class switching in mice with disrupted Stat6 geneK Shimoda
Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 USA
Nature 380:630-3. 1996..b>Stat6 is activated in response to interleukin (IL)-4 and may contribute to various functions including mitogenesis, T-..
- Mutational analysis of the STAT6 SH2 domainT Mikita
Tularik Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 273:17634-42. 1998..STAT protein that mediate these various interactions, we have carried out an extensive mutational analysis of the Stat6 SH2 domain...
- Transcriptional activation by STAT6 requires the direct interaction with NCoA-1C M Litterst
Georg Speyer Haus, Institute for Biomedical Research, Paul Ehrlich Strasse 42 44, 60596 Frankfurt, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:45713-21. 2001b>Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) is a transcription factor that is activated by interleukin-4 (IL-4)-induced tyrosine phosphorylation and mediates most of the IL-4-induced gene expression...
- STAT6 as an asthma candidate gene: polymorphism-screening, association and haplotype analysis in a Caucasian sib-pair studyGabriele Duetsch
GSF National Research Centre for Environment and Health, Institute of Epidemiology, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 11:613-21. 2002The human signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) gene represents one of the most promising candidate genes for asthma and other inflammatory diseases on the chromosomal region 12q13-q24...
- Linkage and association studies of STAT6 gene polymorphisms and allergic diseasesKazushi Tamura
Department of Pediatrics, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 131:33-8. 2003b>Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) is a key transcription factor involved in both interleukin-4 (IL-4) and IL-13-mediated biological responses, such as allergies...
- Interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 signaling connections mapsAnn E Kelly-Welch
Department of Immunology, Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, MD 20855, and the Institute for Biomedical Sciences, George Washington Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Science 300:1527-8. 2003..In addition, stimulation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) pathway through recruitment of members of the insulin receptor substrate family may contribute to survival and proliferation...
- An asthma-associated genetic variant of STAT6 predicts low burden of ascaris worm infestationG Peisong
Experimental Medicine Unit, The Clinical School, University of Wales Swansea, Swansea, UK
Genes Immun 5:58-62. 2004..a common genetic variant of the 3'-UTR regulatory elements of the signal transducer and transactivating factor (STAT6) (P=0.0002) and egg counts, at the 77 th centile...
- Structure of the NCoA-1/SRC-1 PAS-B domain bound to the LXXLL motif of the STAT6 transactivation domainAdelia Razeto
Department for NMR based Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Am Fassberg 11, 37077, Gottingen, Germany
J Mol Biol 336:319-29. 2004b>Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) regulates transcriptional activation in response to interleukin-4 (IL-4) by direct interaction with coactivators...
- Constitutive STAT6 activation in primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphomaChrystelle Guiter
U617, INSERM, Université Paris XII Département de Pathologie, Hopital Henri Mondor, AP HP, 51 Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 94010 Creteil, France
Blood 104:543-9. 2004..We therefore investigated the functional state of the signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6), mediating IL-4/IL-13 transcriptional effects...
- Association of a STAT 6 haplotype with elevated serum IgE levels in a population based cohort of white adultsS Weidinger
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Technical University Munich, Biedersteiner St 29, 80802 Munich, Germany
J Med Genet 41:658-63. 2004..Among candidate genes in this region is STAT6 (signal transducer and activator of transcription), which is essential for Th2 cell differentiation, recruitment, ..
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription-6 (STAT6) is a constitutively expressed survival factor in human prostate cancerSusobhan Das
Institute of Cancer Research and Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Prostate 67:1550-64. 2007..In this investigation, we examined STAT6 expression in clinical prostate cancer tissue specimen and determined its role in prostate cell proliferation and ..
- A STAT6 gene polymorphism is associated with high infection levels in urinary schistosomiasisH He
INSERM, U399, Marseille, France
Genes Immun 9:195-206. 2008..By logistic regression analysis, we found an association between a single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the STAT6 gene (rs324013) and infection levels (P=0.04)...
- IL-4/Stat6 activities correlate with apoptosis and metastasis in colon cancer cellsBen Hui Li
Department of Medical Oncology, Zhongnan Hospital and Cancer Research Center, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369:554-60. 2008IL-4-induced Stat6 signaling is active in a variety of cell types and plays a role in cell proliferation/growth and resistance to apoptosis...
- IL-4-induced Stat6 activities affect apoptosis and gene expression in breast cancer cellsWen Jie Zhang
Department of Immunology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 13 Hangkong Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Cytokine 42:39-47. 2008IL-4-induced Stat6 signaling is active in a variety of cell types, including immune cells and cancer cells, and plays an important role in the regulation of gene expression...
- STAT6 activation by Toxoplasma gondii infection induces the expression of Th2 C-C chemokine ligands and B clade serine protease inhibitors in macrophageHye Jin Ahn
Department of Parasitology and the Catholic Institute of Parasitic Diseases, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 137 701, South Korea
Parasitol Res 105:1445-53. 2009..Phosphorylation of STAT6 occurred immediately after the entry of T. gondii and only by live tachyzoites, not by killed or soluble extract...
- Interleukin 4 and STAT6 gene polymorphisms are associated with systemic lupus erythematosus in Chinese patientsH H Yu
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Lupus 19:1219-28. 2010..A borderline significant three-locus gene-gene interaction among IL4 9241 C/G, IL4 -33 T/C, signal transducer and activator of transcription 6, IL4-induced (STAT6) 2892 C/T was detected by a multifactor dimensionality reduction test (p ..
- Discrete roles of STAT4 and STAT6 transcription factors in tuning epigenetic modifications and transcription during T helper cell differentiationLai Wei
Molecular Immunology and Inflammation Branch, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD 20892, USA
Immunity 32:840-51. 2010Signal transducer and activator of transcription 4 (STAT4) and STAT6 are key factors in the specification of helper T cells; however, their direct roles in driving differentiation are not well understood...
- Genome-wide profiling of interleukin-4 and STAT6 transcription factor regulation of human Th2 cell programmingLaura L Elo
Biomathematics Research Group, Department of Mathematics, University of Turku, FI 20014 Turku, Finland
Immunity 32:852-62. 2010..Because the STAT6 transcription factor is an upstream mediator required for interleukin-4 (IL-4)-induced Th2 cell differentiation, ..
- STAT6 expression in glioblastoma promotes invasive growthBarbara C Merk
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
BMC Cancer 11:184. 2011..Recent reports in the literature suggest that Signal Transducers and Activators of Transcription (STATs) play important roles in the regulation of GBM pathophysiology...
- Activation of STAT6 by STING is critical for antiviral innate immunityHuihui Chen
State Key Laboratory of Protein and Plant Gene Research, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, China
Cell 147:436-46. 2011b>STAT6 plays a prominent role in adaptive immunity by transducing signals from extracellular cytokines. We now show that STAT6 is required for innate immune signaling in response to virus infection...
- A genome-wide association study of plasma total IgE concentrations in the Framingham Heart StudyMark Granada
Pulmonary Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 129:840-845.e21. 2012..Atopy and plasma IgE concentration are genetically complex traits, and the specific genetic risk factors that lead to IgE dysregulation and clinical atopy are an area of active investigation...
- Small interfering RNA against transcription factor STAT6 leads to increased cholesterol synthesis in lung cancer cell linesRicha Dubey
Functional Genomics Unit, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology CSIR, Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 6:e28509. 2011b>STAT6 transcription factor has become a potential molecule for therapeutic intervention because it regulates broad range of cellular processes in a large variety of cell types...
- Stat6 cooperates with Sp1 in controlling breast cancer cell proliferation by modulating the expression of p21(Cip1/WAF1) and p27 (Kip1)Min Wei
Breast Department, International Peace Maternity and Child Health Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 36:79-93. 2013The signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (Stat6), a member of the family of DNA-binding proteins, has been identified as a critical cell differentiation modulator in breast cancer cells...
- Localization of the human stat6 gene to chromosome 12q13.3-q14.1, a region implicated in multiple solid tumorsB K Patel
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Building 37 Room 1E24, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892, USA
Genomics 52:192-200. 1998b>Stat6 signaling pathways have been correlated with functional responses induced by IL-4 and PDGF that may play a role in human malignancy...
- Acetylation by histone acetyltransferase CREB-binding protein/p300 of STAT6 is required for transcriptional activation of the 15-lipoxygenase-1 geneP Shankaranarayanan
Eicosanoid Research Division, Department of Gynaecology, University Medical Centre Benjamin Franklin, Free University Berlin, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:42753-60. 2001..15-lipoxygenase-1 (15-LOX-1) in various mammalian cells via the Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) signaling system...
- Interleukin-4-mediated protection of primary B cells from apoptosis through Stat6-dependent up-regulation of Bcl-xLAndrea L Wurster
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:27169-75. 2002..b>Stat6 is rapidly activated after IL-4 stimulation, but its role in B lymphocyte apoptosis has not been explored...
- An LXXLL motif in the transactivation domain of STAT6 mediates recruitment of NCoA-1/SRC-1Claudia M Litterst
Georg Speyer Haus, Institute for Biomedical Research, Paul Ehrlich Strasse 42 44, 60596 Frankfurt, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:36052-60. 2002b>Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) regulates transcriptional activation in response to interleukin-4 (IL-4)-induced tyrosine phosphorylation by direct interaction with coactivators...
- Regulation of the dephosphorylation of Stat6. Participation of Tyr-713 in the interleukin-4 receptor alpha, the tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1, and the proteasomeErica M Hanson
Department of Immunology, Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 278:3903-11. 2003b>Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (Stat6) plays an important role in interleukin (IL)-4-induced responses...
- IL-4 and IL-13 induce SOCS-1 gene expression in A549 cells by three functional STAT6-binding motifs located upstream of the transcription initiation siteDaniel Hebenstreit
Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
J Immunol 171:5901-7. 2003..is dependent on three IFN-gamma-activated sequence motifs of the sequence TTC(N)(4)GAA, which is known for binding STAT6. The three motifs are situated close to each other approximately 600 bp upstream of the transcriptional initiation ..
- Stat6(null phenotype) human lymphocytes exhibit increased apoptosisEva Galka
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, MCH137, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Surg Res 122:14-20. 2004..These proinflammatory events may result from dysfunctional IL-4/Stat6 signal transduction that normally promotes Th2 lymphocyte differentiation and consequential down-regulation of the ..
- STAT6 specific shRNA inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in colon cancer HT-29 cellsMingsheng Zhang
Department of Cancer Radio Chemotherapy, Wuhan University Zhongnan Hospital and Cancer Research Center, 169 Donghu Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
Cancer Lett 243:38-46. 2006..we have demonstrated that different short hairpin RNAs (shRNAs) can specifically knock-down the transcription of STAT6, resulting in the inhibition of cell proliferation, G1/S phase arrest and apoptotic death in colon cancer HT-29 ..
- Intracellular Tat of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 activates lytic cycle replication of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus: role of JAK/STAT signalingYi Zeng
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, People s Republic of China
J Virol 81:2401-17. 2007..Neutralization of huIL-6 or huIL-6R or inhibition of STAT3 signaling enhanced the replication. In addition, IL-4/STAT6 signaling also partially contributed to Tat-induced KSHV replication...
- Unphosphorylated STAT6 contributes to constitutive cyclooxygenase-2 expression in human non-small cell lung cancerX Cui
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Lung Cancer Research Program of the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Oncogene 26:4253-60. 2007..Our data indicate unphosphorylated signal transducers and activators of transcription 6 (STAT6) may transcriptionally upregulate COX-2 expression and protect against apoptosis in NSCLC cells...
- Polymorphisms of STAT-6, STAT-4 and IFN-gamma genes and the risk of asthma in Chinese populationYafei Li
Department of Epidemiology, College of Preventive Medicine, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, PR China
Respir Med 101:1977-81. 2007..Asthma is a complex disease resulting from multiple gene-gene and gene-environment interactions. Study on gene-gene interactions could provide insight into the pathophysiologic mechanisms of the disease...
- IL-4 and IL-13 suppress prostaglandins production in human follicular dendritic cells by repressing COX-2 and mPGES-1 expression through JAK1 and STAT6Whajung Cho
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Gangwon 200 701, Republic of Korea
Mol Immunol 48:966-72. 2011..of JAK1 and TYK2, RNA interference experiments revealed that only JAK1 was responsible for the IL-4-stimulated STAT6 phosphorylation...
- Molecular characterization of regulatory polymorphisms in the promoter region of the STAT6 gene in a Gabonese populationThirumalaisamy Palanichamy Velavan
Institute for Tropical Medicine, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 106:65-9. 2011..We focussed on signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT6) factor that plays a fundamental role in signal transduction and activation of transcription...
- Activation of the STAT6 transcription factor in Jurkat T-cells by the herpesvirus saimiri Tip proteinYuri Kim
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Gen Virol 93:330-40. 2012..In this study, we found that Tip interacts with the STAT6 transcription factor and induces phosphorylation of STAT6 in T-cells...
- Association of polymorphisms of STAT6 and SO(2) with Chinese childhood asthma: a case-control studyQiang Wang
Institute of Environmental Health and Related Product Safety, Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 100050, China
Biomed Environ Sci 24:670-7. 2011To investigate the association of polymorphisms of STAT6 gene and air pollutants of PM(10), NO(2), and SO(2), with asthma in Chinese children.
- [Budesonide attenuates airway remodeling and modules the expression of Janus protein tyrosine kinase 1, and signal transducers and activators of transcription 6 in asthma: an experiment with mice]Xiao hong Chen
Guangzhou Institute of Respiratory Disease, First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510120, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:1627-32. 2007To investigate the effects of budesonide (BUD) on the airway remodeling and the expression of Janus protein tyrosine kinases 1 (JAK1) and signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) in asthma.
- Ketoconazole suppresses interleukin-4 plus anti-CD40-induced IgE class switching in surface IgE negative B cells from patients with atopic dermatitisNaoko Kanda
Department of Dermatology, Teikyo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 119:590-9. 2002..The regions -171/-155 bp containing CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein element and -155/-109 bp containing Stat6 and nuclear factor kappaB elements were required for the ketoconazole-induced inhibition of the germline epsilon ..
- Interleukin-4 induction of the CC chemokine TARC (CCL17) in murine macrophages is mediated by multiple STAT6 sites in the TARC gene promoterKate Liddiard
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3RE, UK
BMC Mol Biol 7:45. 2006..Delineating the molecular mechanisms responsible for the IL-4 induction of TARC expression will be important for a better understanding of the role of Th2 cytokines in allergic disease...
- STAT6-mediated suppression of erythropoiesis in an experimental model of malarial anemiaNeeta Thawani
Centre for the Study of Host Resistance, Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1A4, Canada
Haematologica 94:195-204. 2009..Here, we investigated the role of signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT)6-mediated responses in erythropoietic suppression during acute malaria infection in mice...
- Nitric oxide contributes to host resistance against experimental Taenia crassiceps cysticercosisJavier Alonso-Trujillo
Laboratory of Immunoparasitology, Unidad de Biomedicina, Facultad de Estudios Superiores Iztacala, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Av de los Barrios 1, Los Reyes Iztacala, 54090 Tlalnepantla, Edo de Mexico, Mexico
Parasitol Res 100:1341-50. 2007..In this paper, using susceptible BALB/c mice and resistant STAT6-/-BALB/c mice, we have analyzed the role of nitric oxide (NO) in determining the outcome of murine cysticercosis ..
- [Proliferation of T lymphocyte subsets in asthma patients in clinical remission and molecular mechanism thereof]Meng Jie Feng
Department of Respiratory, Second College of Clinical Medicine of Jinan University, Shenzhen 518020, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:1594-8. 2007..To explore the rule of proliferation of T lymphocyte subsets in patients with clinical asthma remission and the molecular mechanism...
- Complex regulation of tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP) expression by interleukin 4 (IL-4): IL-4 indirectly suppresses receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand (RANKL)-mediated TRAP expression but modestly induces its expression directlyMinjun Yu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 284:32968-79. 2009..inhibits receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand (RANKL)-induced osteoclast formation and functional activity in a STAT6-dependent manner...
- Stat6 inhibits human interleukin-4 promoter activity in T cellsS N Georas
Divisions of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Allergy and Clinical Immunology, The Johns Hopkins University Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Blood 92:4529-38. 1998..expression of the IL-4 gene are not known, although the IL-4-activated transcription factor signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (Stat6) is required for this effect...
- Phenotyping of IL4-induced nuclear Stat6 activity in humans: quantitation after gel shift assay using immortalized cell linesWen Jie Zhang
Department of Surgery H137, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Oncol Rep 10:1281-8. 2003The IL4-induced Stat6 signaling pathway is active in a variety of cell types, including different cancer cells, and plays an important role in the regulation of gene expression, such as CD23...
- Interleukin-4/STAT6 represses STAT1 and NF-kappa B-dependent transcription through distinct mechanismsY Ohmori
Department of Immunology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 275:38095-103. 2000b>STAT6 mediates interleukin-4 (IL-4)-dependent positive and negative regulation of inflammatory gene expression...
- Defective interleukin-4/Stat6 activity correlates with increased constitutive expression of negative regulators SOCS-3, SOCS-7, and CISH in colon cancer cellsXiao Hong Liu
Department of Medical Oncology, Zhongnan Hospital and Cancer Research Center, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, People s Republic of China
J Interferon Cytokine Res 29:809-16. 2009Interleukin-4 (IL-4)-induced Stat6 activities (phenotypes) vary among human cancer cells, of which the HT-29 cell line carries an active Stat6(high) phenotype, while Caco-2 carries a defective Stat6(null) phenotype, respectively...
- Differential requirement of signal transducer and activator of transcription-4 (Stat4) and Stat6 in a thyrotropin receptor-289-adenovirus-induced model of Graves' hyperthyroidismKimberly J Land
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Evansville, Indiana 47712, USA
Endocrinology 147:111-9. 2006..domain of the TSH receptor (TSHR) showed that Stat4-/- mice, which lack Th1 cells, are susceptible, whereas Stat6-/- mice, which lack Th2 cells, are resistant to the induction of Graves' hyperthyroidism...
- Production of interleukin-13 by human dendritic cells after stimulation with protein allergens is a key factor for induction of T helper 2 cytokines and is associated with activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription-6Iris Bellinghausen
Department of Dermatology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Immunology 108:167-76. 2003..CD4+ T cells also led to a dose-dependent expression of active signal transducer and activator of transcription-6 (STAT6), which was visible already after 1 hr...
- Th2 cells are required for the Schistosoma mansoni egg-induced granulomatous responseM H Kaplan
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 160:1850-6. 1998..mansoni ova in Stat4- and Stat6-deficient mice, which lack Th1 and Th2 cells, respectively...
- The STAT4 and STAT6 pathways in pancreatitis-associated lung injuryMisho O Simovic
Department of Surgery, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Surg Res 137:10-5. 2007..We examined the roles of STAT4 and STAT6 in lung injury after caerulein-induced severe acute pancreatitis...
- Interleukin-4 up-regulates 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (15-PGDH) in human lung cancer cellsXiuling Chi
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0082, USA
Exp Cell Res 316:2251-9. 2010..The role of JAK-STAT6 in IL-4-induced 15-PGDH expression was examined by using inhibitors...
- Protection against Naegleria fowleri infection in mice immunized with Cry1Ac plus amoebic lysates is dependent on the STAT6 Th2 responseM Carrasco-Yepez
Laboratorio de Inmunidad en Mucosas, Unidad de Biomedicina U N A M F E S Iztacala, Edo Mexico
Parasite Immunol 32:664-70. 2010..The present study was aimed to investigate whether the STAT6-induced Th2 immune response is essential for the resistance to N...
- Modulation by aspirin of nuclear phospho-signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 expression: Possible role in therapeutic benefit associated with aspirin desensitizationJohn W Steinke
Carter Immunology Center, Asthma and Allergic Disease Center, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 124:724-30.e4. 2009..Through an unknown mechanism, aspirin desensitization is an effective treatment...
- Inhibition of IL-4-inducible gene expression in human monocytes by type I and type II interferonsH L Dickensheets
Division of Cytokine Biology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Leukoc Biol 65:307-12. 1999..In this overview, we discuss the role of the transcription factor, STAT6 (signal transducer and activator of transcription-6) in mediating IL-4- and IL-13-induced gene expression in ..
- Essential role of MHC II-independent CD4+ T cells, IL-4 and STAT6 in contact hypersensitivity induced by fluorescein isothiocyanate in the mouseKeisuke Takeshita
Bayer Yakuhin, Ltd, Research Center Kyoto, Department of Respiratory Diseases Research, Japan
Int Immunol 16:685-95. 2004..recombinant INF-gamma, or the mast-cell depleting agent 48/80 significantly diminished edema formation, and Stat6(-/-) mice were fully protected from FITC-induced CHS, while DNFB-induced CHS was enhanced (Stat6(-/-), mast cell ..
- Histamine affects STAT6 phosphorylation via its effects on IL-4 secretion: role of H1 receptors in the regulation of IL-4 productionGeetanjali Kharmate
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68178, United States
Int Immunopharmacol 7:277-86. 2007..This study was designed to investigate the effects of histamine on the STAT6 phosphorylation...
- A role for the insulin-interleukin (IL)-4 receptor motif of the IL-4 receptor alpha-chain in regulating activation of the insulin receptor substrate 2 and signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 pathways. Analysis by mutagenesisH Y Wang
Department of Immunology, Jerome Holland Labs, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 273:9898-905. 1998..proteins such as IRS1 and Shc and potentially for the Src homology 2 domain of signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6)...
- IL-4 promotes the formation of multinucleated giant cells from macrophage precursors by a STAT6-dependent, homotypic mechanism: contribution of E-cadherinJose L Moreno
Department of Orthopedics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 82:1542-53. 2007..We found that generation of MNG cells by IL-4 was dependent on cell density and expression of STAT6; macrophages derived from STAT6(-/-) mice were unable to form MNG in response to IL-4...
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 is essential in the induction of contact hypersensitivityH Yokozeki
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
J Exp Med 191:995-1004. 2000..To analyze the functional contribution of Th2 cytokines interleukin (IL)-4 and IL-13, signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6)-deficient (STAT6(-/)-) and wild-type (wt) control C57BL/6 mice were contact ..
- Increased susceptibility of Stat4-deficient and enhanced resistance in Stat6-deficient mice to infection with Trypanosoma cruziR L Tarleton
Department of Cellular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Immunol 165:1520-5. 2000..cruzi, mice with induced deficiencies in the Stat4 or Stat6 genes were infected with T. cruzi...
- Enhanced resistance in STAT6-deficient mice to infection with ectromelia virusS Mahalingam
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:6812-7. 2001We inoculated BALB/c mice deficient in STAT6 (STAT6(-/-)) and their wild-type (wt) littermates (STAT6(+/+)) with the natural mouse pathogen, ectromelia virus (EV)...
- Expression of IL-4 receptor on non-bone marrow-derived cells is necessary for the timely elimination of Strongyloides venezuelensis in mice, but not for intestinal IL-4 productionDeborah Negrao-Correa
Departmento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, Campus Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Int J Parasitol 36:1185-95. 2006..In an attempt to understand the role of the IL-4R/STAT6 signaling pathway, the pathway activated by the Th2 cytokines IL-4 and IL-13, in the induction of protection ..
- The IL-4 receptor alpha-chain cytoplasmic domain is sufficient for activation of JAK-1 and STAT6 and the induction of IL-4-specific gene expressionM Reichel
Department of Dermatology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Immunol 158:5860-7. 1997..alpha with SCF induces activation of the IL-4R alpha-associated kinase JAK-1 and the transcription factor STAT6. However, tyrosine phosphorylation of JAK-3, which associates with gamma(c), is not induced by SCF in these cells...
- STAT6 is required for the regulation of IL-4-induced cytoskeletal events in B cellsE J Davey
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Box 285, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Int Immunol 12:995-1003. 2000..IRS)-2 and a Janus kinase (JAK)/ signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) pathway mediated by STAT6. In this study we therefore used B cells from STAT6-deficient mice to address the question of a possible STAT6 ..
- Accumulation of effector CD4 T cells during type 2 immune responses is negatively regulated by Stat6Susan B S King
Institute for Immunology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Immunol 180:754-63. 2008..Efficient differentiation of Th2 cells requires signaling via the IL-4R and the transcription factor Stat6. Stat6 is further implicated in Th2 cell recruitment to the lung and might be required for the survival of memory ..
- Characterization of cis-regulatory elements conferring mercury-induced interleukin-4 gene expression in rat mast cells: a role for signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 and TATA box binding sitesZonglin Wu
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Immunology 127:530-8. 2009..provided evidence that treatment with HgCl(2) increased phosphorylation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6)...
- Stat6-dependent and -independent pathways for IL-4 productionM H Kaplan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Immunol 163:6536-40. 1999b>Stat6 has been shown to have a crucial role in the IL-4-dependent differentiation of Th2 cells. In this report, we explore whether in vitro Th2 differentiation driven by altered costimulatory signals or Ag dose is Stat6 dependent...
- Regulation of human 12/15-lipoxygenase by Stat6-dependent transcriptionD J Conrad
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care, VA San Diego Healthcare System, the Veterans Medical Research Foundation, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 22:226-34. 2000..Several putative Stat6 response elements are located in the proximal 1.8 kb of 12/15-lipoxygenase 5'-flanking region...
- Role of STAT4 and STAT6 signaling in allograft rejection and CTLA4-Ig-mediated toleranceP Zhou
Section of Transplantation, Departments of Surgery, Section of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Immunol 165:5580-7. 2000STAT4(-/-) mice have impaired type 1 T cell differentiation, whereas STAT6(-/-) mice fail to generate type 2 responses...
- Enhanced clearance of herpes simplex virus type 1 and reduced herpetic eye disease in STAT6 knockout mice is associated with increased IL-2Homayon Ghiasi
Ophthalmology Research, Cedars Sinai Burns and Allen Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Virology 302:286-93. 2002b>STAT6 (signal transducers and activators of transcription 6)-deficient (STAT6-/-) mice have defects in IL-4- and IL-13-mediated functions and thus have a reduced T(H)2-mediated immune response...
- Pulmonary chemokine expression is coordinately regulated by STAT1, STAT6, and IFN-gammaPatricia C Fulkerson
Department of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, and Microbiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45257, USA
J Immunol 173:7565-74. 2004..Unexpectedly, expression of only three chemokines, CCL11, CCL17, and CCL22, was STAT6 dependent, and many of the identified chemokines were overexpressed in STAT6-deficient mice, providing an ..
- Indispensable role of Stat5a in Stat6-independent Th2 cell differentiation and allergic airway inflammationHiroaki Takatori
Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Immunol 174:3734-40. 2005It is well-recognized that Stat6 plays a critical role in Th2 cell differentiation and the induction of allergic inflammation...
- Immune-mediated neuroprotection of axotomized mouse facial motoneurons is dependent on the IL-4/STAT6 signaling pathway in CD4(+) T cellsCynthia A Deboy
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Loyola University Chicago, 2160 S 1st Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Exp Neurol 201:212-24. 2006..Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription (STAT)4 and STAT6 are key proteins involved in the CD4(+) T cell differentiation pathways leading to T helper type (Th)1 and Th2 ..
- Treatment of cells with n-alpha-tosyl-L-phenylalanine-chloromethyl ketone induces the proteolytic loss of STAT6 transcription factorMoises Perez-G
Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital San Pedro de Alcantara, Avenida Pablo Naranjo s n, 10003 Caceres, Spain
Mol Immunol 45:3896-901. 2008The implication of the STAT6 transcription factor in several human diseases makes the regulation of its activity a topic of great biological interest...
- The roles of eotaxin and the STAT6 signalling pathway in eosinophil recruitment and host resistance to the nematodes Nippostrongylus brasiliensis and Heligmosomoides bakeriM L Knott
University of Adelaide, Australia
Mol Immunol 46:2714-22. 2009..brasiliensis. This study was designed to assess the importance of the eosinophil chemokine eotaxin and the STAT6/interleukin (IL)-4/IL-13 signalling pathway in early resistance to N. brasiliensis...
- [Expression of STAT6 in human nasal polyps and the relation between STAT6 and eosinophil infiltration]Qingsong Cao
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Ji nan University, Guangzhou, 510630, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:917-9, 922. 2009To study the distribution and expression of STAT6 and to examine the suggested roles of STAT6 in the pathogenesis of eosinophil infiltration in nasal polyps and to evaluate the role of STAT6 in the pathogenesis of nasal polyps.
- Photocontrol of STAT6 dimerization and translocationSunanda Lahiri
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Dept of Physical Biochemistry, Otto Hahn Str 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
Mol Biosyst 6:2423-9. 2010..Here we describe an approach to selectively analyze the impact of STAT6 phosphorylation on STAT dimerization, DNA binding and nuclear import by accessing six types of semisynthetic STAT6 ..
- Lipoteichoic acid-related molecule derived from the streptococcal preparation, OK-432, which suppresses atopic dermatitis-like lesions in NC/Nga miceYasuhiro Horiuchi
Department of Dermatology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, 852 8501 Nagasaki, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 298:163-73. 2006..Using immunohistochemical staining with IL-4/IL-12p40 and phosphorylated STAT6/p-STAT4 and RT-PCR for IL-4/IL-12p40, STAT6/STAT4 and mRNA expression and in situ hybridization of SOCS3 and 5, ..
- Helicobacter pylori induces gastric mucosal intestinal metaplasia through the inhibition of interleukin-4-mediated HMG box protein Sox2 expressionSho Asonuma
Division of Gastroenterology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G312-22. 2009..IL-4-mediated Sox2 induction was suppressed by the inhibition of STAT6 activation with STAT6 RNA interference, and electrophoretic mobility shift assay indicated that activation of the ..
- Receptor-associated constitutive protein tyrosine phosphatase activity controls the kinase function of JAK1S J Haque
Department of Cancer Biology, Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:8563-8. 1997..exposed to the PTP inhibitor pervanadate (PV), resulting in tyrosine phosphorylation and functional activation of Stat6 (in addition to other Stats)...
- Association of the interleukin-4 receptor alpha chain with p47phox, an activator of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase in B cellsK Izuhara
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Mol Immunol 36:45-52. 1999..alpha (hIL-4R alpha) is critical for proliferation, generation of germline epsilon transcript, and activation of STAT6, based on analyses of truncated hIL-4R alphas...
- Analysis of the life cycle of stat6. Continuous cycling of STAT6 is required for IL-4 signalingRyan P Andrews
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36563-9. 2002..It is known that Stat6 is rapidly activated in response to IL-4; however, the fate of activated Stat6 is less clear...
- A regulatory role for suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 in T(h) polarization in vivoMinoru Fujimoto
Department of Molecular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Int Immunol 14:1343-50. 2002..Crossing of SOCS-1(-/-) mice on an IFN-gamma(-/-), STAT1(-/-) and STAT6(-/-) background revealed that the fatal disease of SOCS-1(-/-) mice is also dependent on IFN-gamma/STAT1 and IL-4/..
- Helicobacter pylori infection interferes with epithelial Stat6-mediated interleukin-4 signal transduction independent of cagA, cagE, or VacAPeter J M Ceponis
Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 171:2035-41. 2003..pylori infection on epithelial IL-4-Stat6 signal transduction. HEp-2 and MKN45 epithelial cells were infected with H...
- IFNalpha regulates NK cell cytotoxicity through STAT1 pathwayShujuan Liang
School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, 443 Huangshan Road, Hefei City 230027, Anhui, China
Cytokine 23:190-9. 2003..the tyrosine phosphorylation of STAT1 of NK cells was quickly induced, but other pathways including STAT3, STAT6, ERK1/2, p38 MAPK, JNK/SAPK, PI-3K, NF-kappaB were not or only weakly activated...
- STAT6 transcription factor binding sites with mismatches within the canonical 5'-TTC...GAA-3' motif involved in regulation of delta- and mu-opioid receptorsChristine Börner
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurochem 91:1493-500. 2004..an interleukin-4-responsive element at nt -671 on the murine gene promoter, to which the transcription factor STAT6 binds, as shown by reporter gene analysis and STAT6/DNA interaction studies in living cells with transcription ..
- IL-4 is a critical determinant in the generation of allergic inflammation initiated by a constitutively active Stat6Sarita Sehra
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Immunol 180:3551-9. 2008IL-4 is required for the pathogenesis of atopic diseases and immune regulation. Stat6 is critical for IL-4-induced gene expression and Th cell differentiation...
- Regulation of IL4 signal transduciton by poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase-1.Rahul Datta; Fiscal Year: 2011..expression of the various signal transduction components of IL-4 signal transduction pathway including JAK1, JAK3, STAT6, and GATA3. Western blotting will be used to examine levels of protein expression as well as phosphorylation...
- Sergei P Atamas; Fiscal Year: 2014..Unlike IL- 4, IL-442 does not stimulate phosphorylation of STAT6 in a broad range of tested concentrations...
- HIMF/FIZZ1/RELM-alpha activates macrophages in pulmonary hypertensionLucas Meuchel; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have also shown that downstream vascular remodeling by HIMF is dependent on HIMF activation of IL4 and STAT6, both of which are fundamental to M2 MF...
- IL-4 Signal TransductionJOHN D COLGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..factor, interleukin 3 regulated) is the most strongly induced transcription factor by IL-4 stimulation in a STAT6-dependent manner. To analyze the role of NFIL3 in immune system, we have generated NFIL3-deficient mice...
- Control of Immune Cell SialylationKENTON MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..is increased in response to interleukin 4 receptor (IL-4R) signaling and is at least partially dependent on STAT6, while the 5'UTR sequence Q-O, arising from use of the P3 promoter is increased by IL-2R signaling and ..
- SHP-1 Deficiency Induces Pulmonary Th2 InflammationZhou Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Both IL-4 and IL-13 require IL-4 receptor a (IL-4Ra) for downstream signaling, including activation of STAT6 pathway and activation of IRS-PI3 kinase pathway...
- Role and Activation Status of IRS1/2 in IL-4-induced Protection from Cell Death.HOLLY A PORTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..There are two main signaling pathways activated by IL-4;the STAT6, signal transducers and activators of transcription, pathway that results in expression of IL-4-responsive genes ..
- Diet, Activity, and Lifestyle as a Risk Factor for Colorectal CancerMartha L Slattery; Fiscal Year: 2012..VEGF, STAT1, STAT6, JNK1, and pSSMAPK)...
- Jorge A Bezerra; Fiscal Year: 2016..Here, we propose to dissect these signals by investigating the properties of the alarmin IL33 and the IL13-IL4R?-STAT6 axis in cholangiocyte proliferation and restoration of epithelial integrity in experimental biliary atresia...
- PARP activity in allergic inflammationMark H Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2012..The transcription factors Stat1 and Stat6 are the key signaling molecules for the cytokines IFN- and IL-4 respectively...
- INDUCTION OF IG C EPSILON & C GAMMA 1 BY IL4 & CD40LJanet Stavnezer; Fiscal Year: 2002..three transcription factors/families which are involved in induction of transcription by IL-4 and CD40 signaling: Stat6, NF-kappaB/Rel proteins, and b-Zip proteins...
- INTERLEUKIN 4 REGULATION OF LYMPHOCYTESMark Boothby; Fiscal Year: 2004..A major hypothesis is that the Stat6 signaling pathway collaborates with proliferative and anti-apoptotic signaling pathways in regulating the effect ..
- CONTROL OF EFFERENT IMMUNE RESPONSESRAYMOND DAYNES; Fiscal Year: 2002..expressions of this cytokine remain unresolved, although evidence now implicated the transcription factors STAT6, c-Maf an dNIP45 as being required to promote IL-4 production...
- INDUCIBLE DOMINANT NEGATIVE OF STAT 6 IN MEMORY IGERachel Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..4 (IL-4) mediates primary IgE responses by inducing class switching to IgE, via the transcription factor Stat6. The binding of IL-4 to its receptor on B cells initiates the dimerization, activation, and nuclear translocation ..
- OLUFOLAKEMI OLAIYA AWE; Fiscal Year: 2014..Although, Th9 cells and Th2 cells share obligate transcription factors such as STAT6 and GATA3 and require IL-4 for their development, there is evidence that Th9 cells are a unique Th cell subset. PU...
- Immune Response to Cat: Regulatory and Effector T CellsJudith A Woodfolk; Fiscal Year: 2013..The role of transcription factors involved in Th2 polarization and IL-4 receptor signaling (STAT5 and STAT6) will be assessed in Treg activation mediated by TSLP and in amplification of this response by allergen...
- The p62/atypical PKC signaling complex in Th2 differentiation and asthmaJorge Moscat; Fiscal Year: 2012..of cell differentiation in which the crosstalk between different signaling pathways, including NF-?B and the Jak1/Stat6 cascade, are set in motion to ensure the efficiency and selectivity of the polarization pathways...
- Michael J Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2016..in the Th2-driven murine oxazolone colitis, there is increased epithelial- and macrophage-derived IL- 33, and that STAT6-/- mice exhibit decreased colitis severity correlated to reduced IL-33 expression...
- Regulation of CD8+ T Cell Homeostatis by IL-4FRED DOUGLASS FINKELMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..2) physiological concentrations of IL-4 acutely induce CD8+ T cells to proliferate through a partially Stat6-dependent process but more slowly decrease CD8+ T cell responses and cell number through an entirely Stat6-..
- Novel Cytokine Regulation of Gut Function and InflammationAiping Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2013..the direct induction of IL-25/IL-17RA/IL-17RB expression in colonic epithelial cell by IL-4/IL-13 activation of STAT6;3) investigate IL-25 promoting Th2 immune response via macrophages;and 4) Determine the direct induction of IL-25 ..
- IL13-responsive genes in goblet cell metaplasia in asthmaMary Rose; Fiscal Year: 2007..GCM) in the interleukin (IL)13-induced murine model of allergic asthma, which is mediated by activation of the Stat6 signal transduction pathway...
- Molecular Mechanisms of IL-4 and IL-13 SignalingAchsah D Keegan; Fiscal Year: 2010..cells are key responses shown to be regulated by the IL-4Ra during allergic inflammation and are dependent upon STAT6 expression...
- DONALD YM LEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2016..by analyzing changes in gene and protein expression in keratinocytes, assessing inflammatory responses to SEB in STAT6 transgenic mice, exploring signaling pathways engaged by SEB and Th2 cytokines, and defining the specific SEB ..
- Exploring the Role of Egr2 in the Alternative Activation of MacrophagesAchsah D Keegan; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that IL-4-induced AAM differentiation is dependent on STAT6. However, we do not understand how the differentiation of macrophages to the AAM type is controlled downstream of ..
- Sem H Phan; Fiscal Year: 2016..It is predominantly expressed by lung epithelial cells, which can be potently induced by Th2 cytokines via STAT6. Deficiency of these elements in mice diminishes lung RELM[unreadable] expression that correlates with diminished ..
- STAT4 mediated immunity to PneumocystisChad Steele; Fiscal Year: 2012..preliminary studies, we show that CD4-competent mice deficient in STAT4, but not the pro-Th2 transcription factor STAT6, are unable to clear P. murina from the lungs 4 weeks post-challenge. At 2 weeks post-challenge, when P...
- Regulation of Differentiation & Function of TH2 CellsMICHAEL GRUSBY; Fiscal Year: 2006..from our laboratory and others have demonstrated that IL-4-mediated activation of the signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (Stat6) signaling pathway is a critical step in the generation of Th2 cells...
- TALAL AMINE CHATILA; Fiscal Year: 2016..that a human polymorphism, IL-4RaQ576R, which associates with severe and fatal/near fatal asthma, enables a novel Stat6-independent pathway involving MAP kinases (MAPKs) that, in synergy with Stat6, promotes severe allergic airway ..
- Regulation of MUC19 by Th2 cytokine in airway epitheliumYin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2011..Th2 cytokine induced Muc19 expression and mucous cell metaplasia are regulated by the interaction of Stat1 and Stat6 in vivo...
- Regulation of Type I Interferon Gene Expression in the Innate Immune ResponseKatherine A Fitzgerald; Fiscal Year: 2012..how TBK1 is activated by STING and how TBK1 regulates IRF-dependent as well as the recently identified STAT6-dependent target gene expression is very poorly understood...
- Effects of Allergic Inflammation on TLR2 Signaling and Mycoplasma InfectionHONG W CHU; Fiscal Year: 2011..IL-4 and IL-13 inhibit Mp-induced TLR2 activation through suppressing NF-?B activity via signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 (STAT6) signaling pathway...
- Mark H Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2016..of filaggrin mutations with increased Th2 immunity in a mouse model system, and define the function of STAT6 in regulating keratinocyte gene expression...
- Immune regulation by thymocyte-selected CD4 T cellsCheong Hee Chang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This effector phenotype is acquired in the thymus and, remarkably, independent of Stat6. Interestingly, these characteristics are also found in NKT cells that are also selected on thymocytes...
- STAT3 in T helper cell developmentMark H Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2013..STAT3, which clearly promotes Th17 development in isolation, promotes Th2 differentiation when it cooperates with STAT6 in programming Th2 cytokine expression by binding to many of the same loci as STAT6...
- Role of IFN gamma in Th1 Cell DevelopmentHua Huang; Fiscal Year: 2004..of IFNgammaR-/- Th1 cells to commit cannot be corrected by prolonged exposure to IL- 12; and 3) IL-4-induced STAT6 phosphorylation and GATA3 expression was significantly enhanced in IFNgammaR-/- Th1 cells...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF GENE REGULATION BY IL4R ALPHAJohn Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Many IL-4-induced gene expression events require the activation of STAT6, which is regulated by the IL-4Ra Gene Regulation Domain...
- SPLUNC1 protein in host defense against Mycoplasma pneumoniae infectionHONG W CHU; Fiscal Year: 2012..TLR2, HSF-1, NF-[unreadable]B pathway and STAT6 deficient, and IL-13 transgenic mice will be used to prove the role of TLR2 signaling in regulating SPLUNC1 ..
- Regulation of Myeloid Development and Function by II-4Achsah D Keegan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, we found that IL-4 inhibits bone resorption by mature osteoclasts;these responses were STAT6-dependent...
- Deficiency of SHP-1 expression and function in multiple sclerosisPaul T Massa; Fiscal Year: 2010..deficiency plays a direct role in the hyper- activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT6 and STAT1)) and NF-?B...
- Fluid flow may be an environmental modifier of ADPKD disease progressionAndrew Resnick; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will correlate ADPKD biomarkers (e.g. polycystin2, STAT6) with precisely specified flow properties. Well-characterized physiological readouts (e.g...
- Eosinophils support nematode infectionJudith A Appleton; Fiscal Year: 2012..We hypothesize that eosinophils support larval growth by influencing metabolism in the host cell by a STAT6- dependent mechanism, and that they prevent larval killing by activating IL-10+CD4+CD25- T cells...
- Immunomodulation of inflammatory disease by atorvastatinScott Zamvil; Fiscal Year: 2009..Atorvastatin treatment induced a Th2 bias that was associated with STAT6 phosphorylation, and promoted differentiation of Th2 cells that adoptively transferred protection to untreated ..
- COX Regulation of Allergic Sensitization and Immune Memory GenerationWeisong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, COX inhibition strongly augments allergic Th2 responses in a STAT6-independent fashion, suggesting that a non-classical and STAT6-independent Th2 differentiation pathway is strongly ..
- Ray Stokes Peebles; Fiscal Year: 2016..Furthermore, COX inhibition strongly augments allergic Th2 responses in a STAT6-independent fashion, suggesting that a non-classical and STAT6-independent Th2 differentiation pathway is strongly ..
- Cooperative Mechanisms in IL-4-Induced Gene ExpressionMICHAEL BERTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..IL-4 induces gene expression by inducing Janus kinase(Jak)-mediated activation of the transcription factor Stat6. Importantly, binding of Stat6 alone to DNA is not sufficient to activate transcription and cooperation of Stat6 ..
- Lloyd G Cantley; Fiscal Year: 2016..expression to alternative activation can occur via activation of 2 distinct signaling pathways (Stat3 and Stat6) in coordination with secondary signaling by the proinflammatory TLR-dependent M1 activation pathway (MyD88/NFkB) ..
- REGULATION OF IL4 PRODUCTION IN VIVOFred Finkelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Because IL-4 priming of T cell IL-4 production depends on a signaling pathway that requires activation of Stat6, it might be anticipated that Stat6-deficient mice would produce little or no IL-4; however, studies with a new ..
- Transcriptional Regulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3)RUTH BORGHAEI; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) Determine the mechanism of suppression of MMP-3 expression by IL-4, concentrating in particular on the roles of STAT6, p300/CBP and/or protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A)...
- REGULATION OF CC CHEMOKINES IN HUMAN AIRWAY EPITHELIUMCristiana Stellato; Fiscal Year: 2004..gene constructs, IL-4 upregulates eotaxin promoter-driven constructs, an effect which appears to be dependent on STAT6, while it inhibits RANTES promoter activity...
- Role of SOCS in Regulation of Transplantation ToleranceStanislaw Stepkowski; Fiscal Year: 2004..cells to test our hypothesis that tolerance depends upon the expansion of Th2reg cells with IL-4-driven Jak3/Stat5/Stat6 feedback loops...
- STAT PROTEINS IN CONTROL OF CELL GROWTH AND APOPTOSISXin Yuan Fu; Fiscal Year: 2000..3) To analyze STAT6 functions in response to IL-4 using STAT6 (-/-) mice and derived cells...
- CYTOKINE MECHANISMS IN SYSTEMIC AUTOIMMUNITYChaim Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2001..NZM2410, the Stat6-/-.NZM2410, the Stat4-/-.NZM2328 and the Stat6-/-...
- A Cell Line for Anti-Asthma Drug DiscoveryHua Mao; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal is based on the hypothesis that the IL-4 and IL-13 activated STAT6 pathway is up-regulated in persons with atopic asthma and subsequently responsible for pathogenic epithelial ..
- FINE MAPPING OF CHROMOSOME 12Q GENES FOR ASTHMA IN CAMPScott Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2000..for asthma including: neural NO synthase (NOS 1), interferon-gamma (IFNG), leukotriene A-4 hydrolase (LTA4H), STAT6, beta subunit of nuclear factor-Y (NFYB), mast cell growth factor (MGF), and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1)...
- COSTIMULATORY PATHWAYS IN SENSITIZED GRAFT RECIPIENTSJerzy Kupiec Weglinski; Fiscal Year: 2006..3). Investigate STAT4 vs STAT6 mediated mechanisms and the role of regulatory CD4+ T cells in CD154 blockade...
- Immune Modulation of Intestinal Goblet Cell ResponsesMei Lun Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..3 Specific Aims will be pursued: 1) The functional importance of NFkB and Stat6 cis-acting elements within the RELM-B promoter will be studied in vitro, and synergism with Cdx2 will be ..
- Pathogenesis of Autoimmune MyocarditisNoel Rose; Fiscal Year: 2009..IL-13 shares a common receptor with IL-4 as well as the STAT6 dependent signaling pathway, yet it has an opposite effect in EAM...
- Molecular studies on the role of IL-4 & IL-13 in fibrosiConstantin Bona; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will be studied by investigating the involvement of Stat6 and three major mammalian MAPK families in IL-4/IL-13 stimulated fibroblasts by measuring collagen promoter ..
- Immunoregulation in EAE and novel costimulatory pathwaysSamia Khoury; Fiscal Year: 2002..Using STAT4 and STAT6 KO mice and Thl and Th2 lines we will dissect the encephalitogenic function of Th1 and the regulatory functions of ..
- THE ROLE OF STATS IN TRANSFORMATION BY BCR/ABLRobert Ilaria; Fiscal Year: 2003..and v-AB1, which share the propensity for lymphoid transformation in vivo, differ from P210 in that they also STAT6, implicated in IL-4-dependent lymphoid signaling...
- Mechanisms of Respiratory Syncytial Virus-Induced Mucus" Viral Strain DependenceMARTIN LAWRENCE MOORE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2 will also define the roles of IL 13 and STAT6 in A/2001/2-20 pathogenesis...
- INVOLVEMENT OF JAK/STAT PATHWAY IN IL-17R SIGNALINGSAMUEL ADUNYAH; Fiscal Year: 2001..Our immediate specific aims are (1) determination of whether Tyk2, STAT4, STAT5 and STAT6 are activated by hIL-17, (2) determination of whether Tyk2, STAT4, STAT5 and STAT6 are activated by hIL-17, (2) ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION ANALYSIS OF JAK3 IN HUMAN SCIDJOSEPH ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2001..Jak3 is not required for all IL-4 signaling events and, therefore, plans to examine IL-4 induced activation of the Stat6 protein, IRS-1, and pi3-kinase in EBV-transformed B-cell lines and fresh peripheral book B-cells from Jak3 ..
- INTRACELLULAR SIGNALING IN REPLICATING PREADIPOCYTESJOYCE HARP; Fiscal Year: 2002..studies in 3T3-L1 cells indicate that basic fibroblast growth factor induces tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat6. Additionally, the focal adhesion protein paxillin is tyrosine phosphorylated in a time course that is nearly ..
- Integration of Stat6, Co-regulation, and Gene ExpressionMark Boothby; Fiscal Year: 2007..Stat transcription factors are critical regulators of these aspects of lymphocyte biology. Stat6 is notable for its tight and unique functional link to signaling by IL-4Ralpha a key constituent of the receptor ..