Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SSX2
Description: SSX family member 2
Alias: CT5.2, CT5.2A, HD21, HOM-MEL-40, SSX, protein SSX2, cancer/testis antigen 5.2, cancer/testis antigen family 5, member 2a, sarcoma, synovial, X-chromosome-related 2, synovial sarcoma, X breakpoint 2, synovial sarcoma, X breakpoint 2B, tumor antigen HOM-MEL-40
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular diagnosis of synovial sarcoma and characterization of a variant SYT-SSX2 fusion transcriptI Fligman
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Am J Pathol 147:1592-9. 1995..Recently, SSX has been shown to be duplicated, with both copies, SSX1 and SSX2, located within distinct subregions of Xp11...
- Fusion of SYT to two genes, SSX1 and SSX2, encoding proteins with homology to the Kruppel-associated box in human synovial sarcomaA J Crew
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Haddow Laboratories, Belmont, Sutton, Surrey
EMBO J 14:2333-40. 1995..human synovial sarcoma results in the fusion of the chromosome 18 SYT gene to either of two distinct genes, SSX1 or SSX2, at Xp11.2...
- Identification of two alternative fusion genes, SYT-SSX1 and SYT-SSX2, in t(X;18)(p11.2;q11.2)-positive synovial sarcomasB de Leeuw
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 4:1097-9. 1995
- Identification of novel genes, SYT and SSX, involved in the t(X;18)(p11.2;q11.2) translocation found in human synovial sarcomaJ Clark
Department of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Institute of Cancer Research, Haddow Laboratories, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Nat Genet 7:502-8. 1994..hybrid transcript that contains 5' sequences (designated SYT) mapping to chromosome 18 and 3' sequences (designated SSX) mapping to chromosome X. An SYT probe detected genomic rearrangements in 10/13 synovial sarcomas...
- The SSX-2 gene, which is involved in the t(X;18) translocation of synovial sarcomas, codes for the human tumor antigen HOM-MEL-40O Tureci
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Innere Medizin I, Universitätskliniken des Saarlands, Homburg, Germany
Cancer Res 56:4766-72. 1996..Sequence analysis revealed that one of these antigens, HOM-MEL-40, was coded for by the SSX2 gene, which has recently been described to be involved in the t(X;18) translocation of human synovial sarcomas...
- Nuclear localization of SYT, SSX and the synovial sarcoma-associated SYT-SSX fusion proteinsN R dos Santos
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 6:1549-58. 1997..As a result of this translocation the SYT gene on chromosome 18 fuses to either the SSX1 or the SSX2 gene on the X chromosome. In this study, we generated polyclonal antibodies against the SYT and SSX2 proteins...
- Heterogeneous expression of the SSX cancer/testis antigens in human melanoma lesions and cell linesN R dos Santos
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 60:1654-62. 2000The SSX genes, located on the X chromosome, encode a family of highly homologous nuclear proteins. The SSX1 and SSX2 genes were initially identified as fusion partners of the SYT gene in t(X;18)-positive synovial sarcomas...
- Analysis of transforming activity of human synovial sarcoma-associated chimeric protein SYT-SSX1 bound to chromatin remodeling factor hBRM/hSNF2 alphaM Nagai
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, N 15, W7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:3843-8. 2001..has been shown to exclusively harbor the chromosomal translocation t(X;18) that produces the chimeric gene SYT-SSX. However, the role of SYT-SSX in cellular transformation remains unclear...
- Cloning and characterization of spliced fusion transcript variants of synovial sarcoma: SYT/SSX4, SYT/SSX4v, and SYT/SSX2v. Possible regulatory role of the fusion gene product in wild type SYT expressionB Brodin
Cellular and Molecular Tumor Pathology, Cancer Centrum Karolinska, CCK R8 04, Karolinska Hospital, SE 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Gene 268:173-82. 2001..2; q11.2) results in the fusion of the SYT gene on chromosome 18 to exon 5 of either SSX1 or SSX2 genes on chromosome X. We recently reported that the SSX4 gene is also involved in such a translocation...
- The cancer-related protein SSX2 interacts with the human homologue of a Ras-like GTPase interactor, RAB3IP, and a novel nuclear protein, SSX2IPDiederik R H de Bruijn
Department of Human Genetics, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 34:285-98. 2002..SSX1, SSX2, or SSX4 may be fused to the SYT gene as a result of the t(X;18) translocation in synovial sarcoma...
- The SSX gene family: characterization of 9 complete genesAli O Gure
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, New York Branch at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Cancer 101:448-53. 2002Human SSX genes comprise a gene family with 6 known members. SSX1, 2 and 4 have been found to be involved in the t(X;18) translocation characteristically found in all synovial sarcomas...
- Gene expression profiles relate to SS18/SSX fusion type in synovial sarcomaJosefin Fernebro
Department of Oncology, Lund University, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Int J Cancer 118:1165-72. 2006..Supervised analysis based on gene fusion type in 12 SS with SS18/SSX1 and 9 with SS18/SSX2 revealed significant differences in gene expression profiles...
- Expression of cancer-testis antigen (CTA) in tumor tissues and peripheral blood of Chinese patients with hepatocellular carcinomaLi Qun Wu
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Qingdao University, No 16 Jiangsu Rd Qingdao 266003, China
Life Sci 79:744-8. 2006..Fifteen samples of cirrhotic tissues and 15 normal tissues were examined with the same method. Two kinds of CTA (SSX-2 and SSX-5) showed high-specific and high-frequent expression in HCC tissues, but neither of them could be ..
- The synovial sarcoma-associated SYT-SSX2 oncogene antagonizes the polycomb complex protein Bmi1Roy Barco
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5060. 2009This study demonstrates deregulation of polycomb activity by the synovial sarcoma-associated SYT-SSX2 oncogene, also known as SS18-SSX2...
- Reprogramming of mesenchymal stem cells by the synovial sarcoma-associated oncogene SYT-SSX2C B Garcia
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0021, USA
Oncogene 31:2323-34. 2012..The synovial sarcoma (SS)-associated protein, SYT-SSX2, reprograms myogenic progenitors and human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BMMSCs) by dictating their ..
- Deconstruction of the SS18-SSX fusion oncoprotein complex: insights into disease etiology and therapeuticsLe Su
Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
Cancer Cell 21:333-47. 2012Synovial sarcoma is a translocation-associated sarcoma where the underlying chromosomal event generates SS18-SSX fusion transcripts...
- Downstream and intermediate interactions of synovial sarcoma-associated fusion oncoproteins and their implication for targeted therapyJoanna Przybyl
Department of Molecular Biology, The Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Centre and Institute of Oncology, 02 781 Warsaw, Poland
Sarcoma 2012:249219. 2012..2;q11.2) translocation, which results mainly in the formation of SS18-SSX1 or SS18-SSX2 fusion genes...
- Genome-wide recruitment to Polycomb-modified chromatin and activity regulation of the synovial sarcoma oncogene SYT-SSX2Christina B Garcia
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 37232 Nashville, TN, USA
BMC Genomics 13:189. 2012..Recently, we reported that SYT-SSX2 reprograms mesenchymal stem cells and myoblasts by dictating their commitment to the neural lineage while ..
- Diagnostic utility of dual-color break-apart chromogenic in situ hybridization for the detection of rearranged SS18 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded synovial sarcomaToru Motoi
Department of Pathology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Pathol 41:1397-404. 2010..carries a specific chromosomal translocation, t(X;18), and its derivative chimeric gene, either SS18-SSX1 or SS18-SSX2, detecting these abnormalities by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction or fluorescence in situ ..
- Dysadherin expression as a significant prognostic factor and as a determinant of histologic features in synovial sarcoma: special reference to its inverse relationship with E-cadherin expressionTeiyu Izumi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Pathological Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 31:85-94. 2007..To confirm the diagnosis of synovial sarcoma, we evaluated several immunohistochemical markers, or detected SYT-SSX fusion gene transcript...
- Spindle epithelial tumor with thymus-like differentiation: a morphologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic study of 11 casesAndrew L Folpe
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1179-86. 2009..Reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction for the SS18/SSX1 and SS18/SSX2 fusion genes and fluorescent in-situ hybridization for SYT rearrangement was performed...
- TLE1 as a diagnostic immunohistochemical marker for synovial sarcoma emerging from gene expression profiling studiesJefferson Terry
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 4E6
Am J Surg Pathol 31:240-6. 2007Synovial sarcoma is a soft tissue malignancy defined by the SYT-SSX fusion oncogene...
- Real-time polymerase chain reaction as an aid for the detection of SYT-SSX1 and SYT-SSX2 transcripts in fresh and archival pediatric synovial sarcoma specimens: report of 25 cases from St. Jude Children's Research HospitalD Ashley Hill
Department of Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale Street, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 6:24-34. 2003..23) or ssx2 (xp11.21)...
- Impact of SYT-SSX fusion type on the clinical behavior of synovial sarcoma: a multi-institutional retrospective study of 243 patientsMarc Ladanyi
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Cancer Res 62:135-40. 2002..consistently show a specific t(X;18;p11;q11), which usually represents either of two gene fusions, SYT-SSX1 or SYT-SSX2, encoding putative transcriptional proteins differing at 13 amino acid positions...
- Anaplastic sarcoma of the kidney: a clinicopathologic study of 20 cases of a new entity with polyphenotypic featuresGordan M Vujanic
Department of Histopathology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1459-68. 2007..In 4 tumors reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction was performed to detect the SYT-SSX fusion transcript produced by the t(x;18), and the ETV6-NTRK3 fusion transcript using RNA extracted from archived ..
- Expression of receptor tyrosine kinases epidermal growth factor receptor and HER-2/neu in synovial sarcomaDafydd G Thomas
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0602, USA
Cancer 103:830-8. 2005..at chromosome 18q11 is fused to the distal portion of one of several duplicated SSX genes (most notably SSX1 and SSX2) at chromosome Xp11...
- Molecular detection of SS18-SSX fusion gene transcripts by cRNA in situ hybridization in synovial sarcoma using formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumor tissue specimensShuichi Kanemitsu
Department of Pathology and Oncology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Diagn Mol Pathol 16:9-17. 2007..Digoxigenin-labeled cRNA probes flanking the fusion points of SS18-SSX1 and SS18-SSX2 were generated by in vitro transcription, and hybridized signals were detected by a streptavidin-biotin complex ..
- SSX: a multigene family with several members transcribed in normal testis and human cancerA O Gure
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, New York Branch, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
Int J Cancer 72:965-71. 1997Analysis of t(X;18) translocation in synovial sarcoma had previously led to the definition of the SSX2 gene, the fusion partner on chromosome X...
- Clinical impact of molecular and cytogenetic findings in synovial sarcomaI Panagopoulos
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 31:362-72. 2001..This translocation results in rearrangements of the SYT gene in 18q11 and one of the SSX1, SSX2, or SSX4 genes in Xp11, creating a SYT/SSX1, SYT/SSX2, or SYT/SSX4 chimeric gene...
- A t(X; 18) SYT-SSX2 positive synovial sarcoma in the pelvis of a young adult male: a rare case report with review of literatureB Rekhi
Department of Pathology, Tata Memorial Center, Mumbai, India
Indian J Cancer 45:67-71. 2008..Diagnosis of a poorly differentiated synovial sarcoma was offered and confirmed with a positive t(X; 18) SYT-SSX2 translocation...
- Expression profiling of synovial sarcoma by cDNA microarrays: association of ERBB2, IGFBP2, and ELF3 with epithelial differentiationSusanne V Allander
Cancer Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Pathol 161:1587-95. 2002..2;q11.2), which juxtaposes the SYT gene on chromosome 18 to either the SSX1 or the SSX2 gene on chromosome X...
- The classic prognostic factors tumor stage, tumor size, and tumor grade are the strongest predictors of outcome in synovial sarcoma: no role for SSX fusion type or ezrin expressionSuzan E ten Heuvel
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 17:189-95. 2009The aim of this study was to investigate prognostic factors influencing the survival of synovial sarcoma, including the debated role of SYT-SSX fusion type and the newly suggested immunohistochemical marker ezrin.
- Human synovial sarcoma proto-oncogene Syt is essential for early embryonic development through the regulation of cell migrationTaichi Kimura
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Lab Invest 89:645-56. 2009SYT-SSX protein, resulted from chromosomal translocation, causes synovial sarcoma, which is a malignant tumor accounting for 10% of soft tissue sarcoma...
- Intra-abdominal synovial sarcoma: a clinicopathological studyC Fisher
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Histopathology 45:245-53. 2004..Synovial sarcoma is rare within the abdomen. In this location, it can be confused with other biphasic tumours and with other spindle and round cell sarcomas...
- Clinicopathologic analysis of 4 cases of primary renal synovial sarcomaZhi Hui Wang
Department of Pathology, Linyi Oncology Hospital, Linyi, Shandong 276000, PR China
Chin J Cancer 29:212-6. 2010..Primary renal synovial sarcoma is rare and might be misdiagnosed as another renal tumor. This study demonstrates the clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical features, differential diagnosis, and prognosis of such tumors...
- Synovial sarcoma mimicking desmoplastic small round-cell tumor: critical role for molecular diagnosisP Cole
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 32:97-101. 1999..Reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction revealed the SYT/SSX2 fusion transcript of the synovial sarcoma t(X;18) chromosomal rearrangement...
- Primary renal synovial sarcoma: molecular and morphologic delineation of an entity previously included among embryonal sarcomas of the kidneyP Argani
The Johns Hopkins Hospital and National Wilms Tumor Study Group Pathology Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 24:1087-96. 2000..The presence of an SYT-SSX gene fusion resulting from the t(X;18) characteristic of synovial sarcoma was demonstrated by reverse transcriptase ..
- Cryptic t(X;18), ins(6;18), and SYT-SSX2 gene fusion in a case of intraneural monophasic synovial sarcomaValia S Lestou
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, British Columbia Cancer Agency, BC, Vancouver, Canada
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 138:153-6. 2002..Subsequent reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction analysis showed the presence of an SYT/SSX2 fusion transcript, confirming the presence of a cyptic t(X;18)...
- Cryptic chromosome rearrangement resulting in SYT-SSX2 fusion gene in a monophasic synovial sarcomaLurdes Torres
Department of Genetics, Portuguese Oncology Institute, Rua Dr Antonio Bernardino de Almeida, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 187:45-9. 2008..in the fusion of the SYT gene from chromosome 18 (18q11) with one of the genes from the X chromosome (Xp11) SSX1, SSX2, or SSX4...
- c-KIT and c-KIT ligand (SCF) in synovial sarcoma (SS): an mRNA expression analysis in 23 casesE Tamborini
Department of Pathology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, 20133, Italy
Br J Cancer 85:405-11. 2001..Ten cases were biphasic and 13 monophasic in sub-type. Twelve, 10 and 1 case carried the SYT-SSX1, SYT-SSX2 and SYT-SSX4 fusion transcript, respectively...
- Primary synovial sarcoma of the kidneyD H Kim
Department of Pathology, Hallym University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Surg Pathol 24:1097-104. 2000..chain reaction using ribonucleic acid extracted from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues detected SYT-SSX2 fusion gene transcripts, which are characteristic molecular findings of synovial sarcoma...
- Primary poorly differentiated monophasic synovial sarcoma of the lung. A case report with immunohistochemical and genetic studiesYoshiki Mikami
Division of Histopathology, Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medical Science, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 199:827-33. 2003..transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), using RNA extracted from fresh-frozen tissue, demonstrated SYT/SSX-1 fusion transcripts, confirming the diagnosis of synovial sarcoma...
- Aspiration cytology of pulmonary small cell variant of poorly differentiated synovial sarcoma metastatic from the tongue: a case reportMi Seon Kwon
Department of Pathology, Dankook University College of Medicine, Chungnam, South Korea
Acta Cytol 49:92-6. 2005..Small cell variant ofpoorly differentiated synovial sarcoma (PDSS) is a great mimic of Ewing's sarcoma/primitive neuroectodermal tumor, with cytologic and immunohistochemical overlap...
- Histologic grade, but not SYT-SSX fusion type, is an important prognostic factor in patients with synovial sarcoma: a multicenter, retrospective analysisLouis Guillou
Institut Universitaire de Pathologie, Rue du Bugnon 25, 1011 Lausanne, Suisse
J Clin Oncol 22:4040-50. 2004To assess the prognostic value of SYT-SSX fusion type, in comparison with other factors, in a population of 165 patients with synovial sarcoma (SS).
- Association of SYT-SSX fusion types with proliferative activity and prognosis in synovial sarcomaH Inagaki
Department of Pathology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Mod Pathol 13:482-8. 2000..SS) results in the fusion of the SYT gene on chromosome 18 to either of two closely related genes, SSX1 and SSX2, on chromosome X...
- A novel fusion gene, SS18L1/SSX1, in synovial sarcomaClelia Tiziana Storlazzi
Department of Clinical Genetics, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 37:195-200. 2003..The three fusion genes that have been detected thus far, SS18/SSX1, SS18/SSX2, and SS18/SSX4, account for more than 95% of the synovial sarcomas...
- The synovial sarcoma translocation protein SYT-SSX2 recruits beta-catenin to the nucleus and associates with it in an active complexD Pretto
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Oncogene 25:3661-9. 2006..SYT-SSX2 is the fusion product of the chromosomal translocation, t(X;18)(p11.2;q11...
- The SYT-SSX fusion protein down-regulates the cell proliferation regulator COM1 in t(x;18) synovial sarcomaMichiko Ishida
Genter for Medical Genomics, Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji Chuo ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:1348-55. 2007..2;q11.2) translocation found in synovial sarcomas results in a fusion between the SYT gene on chromosome 18 and an SSX gene on the X chromosome...
- Synovial sarcoma: diagnosis on fine-needle aspiration by morphology and molecular analysisRadhika Srinivasan
Department of Cytology and Gynecological Pathology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Cancer 117:128-36. 2009Synovial sarcoma (SS) is characterized by the t(X; 18) (p11.2; q11.2) translocation resulting in the SYT-SSX fusion transcript, detectable by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Primary monophasic synovial sarcoma of the pleura: five cases confirmed by the presence of SYT-SSX fusion transcriptM C Aubry
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:776-81. 2001..There was no immunoreactivity for CD34. RT-PCR studies for the presence of a SYT-SSX1 or SYT-SSX2 fusion transcript were positive in every tumor...
- Complex t(X;18)(p11.2;q11.2) with a pericentric inversion of the X chromosome in an adolescent boy with synovial sarcomaSusan Mathew
Department of Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 132:136-40. 2002..in the fusion of SYT on chromosome 18 to one of two closely related and adjacent genes on the X chromosome, SSX1 or SSX2. Here we describe a poorly differentiated, monophasic synovial sarcoma in a 17-year-old adolescent boy...
- Primary pulmonary synovial sarcoma confirmed by molecular detection of SYT-SSX1 fusion gene transcripts: a case report and review of the literatureTatsuya Hosono
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi gun, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:274-9. 2005..of primary pulmonary synovial sarcomas confirmed by molecular detection of SYT-SSX fusion gene transcripts, the SYT-SSX2 fusion protein expression correlates with poorer prognosis...
- The proto-oncoprotein SYT interacts with SYT-interacting protein/co-activator activator (SIP/CoAA), a human nuclear receptor co-activator with similarity to EWS and TLS/FUS family of proteinsMichela Perani
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Institute of Cancer Research and Cancer Research UK Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5NG, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:42863-76. 2005..protein/co-activator activator (SIP/CoAA), which specifically binds the QPGY domain of SYT and also the SYT-SSX2 translocation fusion...
- Synovial sarcoma: from genetics to genetic-based animal modelingMalay Haldar
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5331, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:2156-67. 2008..Using gene targeting, we recently generated mice conditionally expressing the human SYT-SSX2 fusion gene from mouse endogenous ROSA26 promoter in chosen tissue types in the presence of Cre recombinase...
- Expression of cancer testis genes in human brain tumorsU Sahin
Department of Medicine, Saarland University Medical School, Homburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 6:3916-22. 2000..expression in human brain tumors, we investigated the expression of seven CT genes (MAGE-3, NY-ESO-1, HOM-MEL-40/SSX-2, SSX-1, SSX-4,HOM-TES-14/SCP-1, and HOM-TES-85) in 88 human brain tumor specimens...
- Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors are t(X;18)-negative sarcomas. Molecular analysis of 25 cases occurring in neurofibromatosis type 1 patients, using two different RT-PCR-based methods of detectionJean Michel Coindre
Bergonié Institute and the University of Bordeaux 2, France
Mod Pathol 15:589-92. 2002To verify the absence of the synovial sarcoma translocation t(X;18) (SYT-SSX) in malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors, 34 tumor samples from 25 neurofibromatosis type 1 patients were examined in two independent laboratories (Bordeaux,..
- Evaluation of pre-existent immunity in patients with primary breast cancer: molecular and cellular assays to quantify antigen-specific T lymphocytes in peripheral blood mononuclear cellsChristine Rentzsch
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tubingen, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:4376-86. 2003..antigens (TAAs) such as carcinoembryonic antigen, MUC-1, Her-2/neu, and cancer/testis antigens such as NY-ESO-1, SSX-2, and members of the MAGE family...
- [Expression of multiple cancer-testis antigen genes in non-small cell lung cancer treated by chemotherapy prior surgery]Yu Wang
Typing and Monitoring Laboratory, Beijing Cancer Hospital, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 84:464-8. 2004..To investigate the possibility of utilizing cancer-testi (CT) antigens as targets for immunotherapy of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with vaccines...
- Identification of an SSX-2 epitope presented by dendritic cells to circulating autologous CD4+ T cellsMaha Ayyoub
Ludwig Institute Clinical Trial Center and Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Immunol 172:7206-11. 2004..of its expression in different tumor types, the cancer/testis Ag encoded by the synovial sarcoma X breakpoint 2 (SSX-2) gene is among the most relevant candidates for the development of generic cancer vaccines...
- The spontaneous CD8+ T-cell response to HLA-A2-restricted NY-ESO-1b peptide in hepatocellular carcinoma patientsXiao Ying Shang
Department of Immunology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Clin Cancer Res 10:6946-55. 2004Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) can express various cancer-testis antigens including NY-ESO-1, members of the SSX family, members of the MAGE family, SCP-1, and CTP11...
- SSX expression in gynecological cancers and antibody response in patientsKosei Hasegawa
Department of Immunology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Japan
Cancer Immun 4:16. 2004The SSX genes are members of the cancer-testis (CT) antigen family. SSX2, the prototype SSX gene, was found by serological analysis of antigens by recombinant expression cloning (SEREX)...
- [Simultaneous analysis of t(X;18) by FISH- und SYT/SSX-RT-PCR in synovial sarcoma]K Katenkamp
Institut fur Pathologie, Klinikum der Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena
Pathologe 26:111-6. 2005..Nevertheless tumour biological and methodical reasons have an important influence on both methods. Consequently in difficult cases simultaneous FISH and RT-PCR analysis is necessary for a clear evidence of t(X;18) translocation...
- Thoracic-abdominal approach in primary pulmonary synovial sarcomaSandro Zonta
Department of Surgery, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Pavia, University of Pavia, San Matteo Pavia, Italy
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 13:85-7. 2005..The patient is doing well 21 months after surgery. Within the last decade thoracic localizations of synovial sarcoma are an emerging histopathological entity thanks to the molecular analysis of the SYT-SSX fusion gene transcript.
- A conditional mouse model of synovial sarcoma: insights into a myogenic originMalay Haldar
Department of Human Genetics, The Center for Children, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Cancer Cell 11:375-88. 2007..We report here a mouse model of synovial sarcoma based on conditional expression of the human SYT-SSX2. Using this model, we have identified myoblasts as a potential source of synovial sarcoma...
- Detection of MAGE and SSX gene expressions by RT-nested PCR using common primers in head and neck cancerDal Won Song
Department of Otolaryngology, School of Medicine, Keimyung University, Daegu, Korea
Clin Exp Otorhinolaryngol 1:97-102. 2008The melanoma antigen gene (MAGE) and synovial sarcoma on X chromosome (SSX) gene families are silent in most normal adult tissues, but are expressed in a variety of malignant lesions...
- Effects of CT-Xp gene knock down in melanoma cell linesOtavia L Caballero
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, New York Branch at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
Oncotarget 4:531-41. 2013..siRNAs specific to GAGE, SSX and XAGE1 were used in cell proliferation, migration and cell survival assays using cell lines derived from ..
- Expression of cancer-testis antigen in multiple myelomaLi He
Department of Hematology, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, 430071, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 34:181-5. 2014..transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) was used to detect the mRNA expression of MAGE-C1/CT7, SSX1, SSX2 and SSX4 in MM cell lines of RPMI-8226 and U266, and bone marrow (BM) cells of 25 MM patients and 18 healthy ..
- The prognostic impact of SYT-SSX fusion type and histological grade in pediatric patients with synovial sarcoma treated according to the CWS (Cooperative Weichteilsarkom Studie) trialsSabine Stegmaier
Klinikum Stuttgart, Olgahospital, Pediatrics 5 Oncology, Hematology, Immunology, Stuttgart, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 64:89-95. 2017The aim of our analysis was the evaluation of the prognostic impact of SYT-SSX fusion status and histological grading in synovial sarcoma (SS) of children and adolescents in the context of the consistent multimodal treatment strategy of ..
- A testicular antigen aberrantly expressed in human cancers detected by autologous antibody screeningY T Chen
Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:1914-8. 1997..These antigens, initially detected by either cytotoxic T cells (MAGE, BAGE, GAGE-1) or antibodies [HOM-MEL-40(SSX2), NY-ESO-1], represent a pool of antigenic targets for cancer vaccination.
- The SYT protein involved in the t(X;18) synovial sarcoma translocation is a transcriptional activator localised in nuclear bodiesD Brett
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Institute of Cancer Research, Haddow Laboratories, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Hum Mol Genet 6:1559-64. 1997..sarcomas results in the fusion of the SYT gene on chromosome 18 to either of two closely related genes SSX1 and SSX2 on chromosome X...
- Synovial sarcoma after chemotherapy for osteosarcoma: a case reportIkuo Kudawara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka National Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Clin Orthop Relat Res . 2004..A fusion gene, SYT-SSX was detected with reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction...
- Identification of an HLA-DR-restricted peptide epitope with a promiscuous binding pattern derived from the cancer testis antigen HOM-MEL-40/SSX2Frank Neumann
Medizinische Klinik I, Saarland University Medical School, Homburg, Germany
Int J Cancer 112:661-8. 2004..of the SSX2+ melanoma cell line Me 275 as well as autologous and allogeneic dendritic cells pulsed with whole-protein SSX2 by T cells with specificity for p45-59...
- Intratumor heterogeneity of cancer/testis antigens expression in human cutaneous melanoma is methylation-regulated and functionally reverted by 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidineLuca Sigalotti
Cancer Bioimmunotherapy Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Aviano, Italy
Cancer Res 64:9167-71. 2004..Reverse transcription-PCR revealed a highly heterogeneous expression of MAGE-A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -A6, GAGE 1-6, SSX 1-5, and PRAME among melanoma clones...
- Significant growth suppression of synovial sarcomas by the histone deacetylase inhibitor FK228 in vitro and in vivoTatsuo Ito
Science of Functional Recovery and Reconstruction, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, Shikata cho 2 5 1, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Cancer Lett 224:311-9. 2005About 97% of synovial sarcomas harbor the SYT-SSX fusion gene by chromosomal translocation...
- Cancer-testis genes are coordinately expressed and are markers of poor outcome in non-small cell lung cancerAli O Gure
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:8055-62. 2005..We asked whether cancer-testis gene expression occurred coordinately, and whether it correlated with variables of disease and clinical outcome of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Minute synovial sarcomas of the hands and feet: a clinicopathologic study of 21 tumors less than 1 cmMichal Michal
Sikl s Department of Pathology, Faculty Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic, and the Department of Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:721-6. 2006..SYT-SSX fusion transcripts were demonstrated in 5 cases studied by polymerase chain reaction assay...
- Expression of cancer-testis antigens as possible targets for antigen-specific immunotherapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaDjordje Atanackovic
Department of Oncology Hematology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Cancer Biol Ther 5:1218-25. 2006..Patient sera (N = 39) were screened for IgG antibody responses against NY-ESO-1, MAGEA3, and SSX2. According to their expression pattern antigens were divided into four groups...
- Tissue microarray profiling of primary and xenotransplanted synovial sarcomas demonstrates the immunophenotypic similarities existing between SYT-SSX fusion gene confirmed, biphasic, and monophasic fibrous variantsManish Mani Subramaniam
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Virchows Arch 449:435-47. 2006..variability; however, it failed to reveal any immunophenotypic differences between SYT-SSX1 and SYT-SSX2 type tumors...
- Intraosseous malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor with focal epithelioid differentiation of the thoracic spineNaohisa Miyakoshi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Neurol India 55:64-6. 2007..From the histological and immunohistochemical features, as well as the absence of SYT-SSX fusion gene expression, the diagnosis of MPNST with focal epithelioid differentiation was made...
- Detection of SS18-SSX fusion transcripts in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded neoplasms: analysis of conventional RT-PCR, qRT-PCR and dual color FISH as diagnostic tools for synovial sarcomaMaria Fernanda C Amary
Santa Casa School of Medical Sciences and University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mod Pathol 20:482-96. 2007Synovial Sarcoma consistently harbors t(X;18) resulting in SS18-SSX1, SS18-SSX2 and rarely SS18-SSX4 fusion transcripts...
- Primary monophasic synovial sarcoma of the duodenum with SYT/SSX2 type of translocationHeide Schreiber-Facklam
Institute of Pathology, Kantonsspital Winterthur, Winterthur, Switzerland
Hum Pathol 38:946-9. 2007..We report a case of a primary synovial sarcoma of the distal duodenum with SYT/SSX2 type of the t(X;18) translocation...
- The oncoprotein SS18-SSX1 promotes p53 ubiquitination and degradation by enhancing HDM2 stabilityPádraig D'arcy
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska R8 04, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cancer Res 6:127-38. 2008..characterized by the chromosomal translocation t:(X;18), which results in the fusion of SS18 with members of SSX gene family...
- Differential roles of SS18-SSX fusion gene and insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor in synovial sarcoma cell growthMaria Törnkvist
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Institute, CCK, R8 04, S 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 368:793-800. 2008Recently we demonstrated that the synovial sarcoma specific fusion gene SS18-SSX is crucial for cyclin D1 expression and is linked to cell proliferation...
- Molecular staging of pathologically negative sentinel lymph nodes from melanoma patients using multimarker, quantitative real-time rt-PCRJosep M Hilari
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitario Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Surg Oncol 16:177-85. 2009..A portion of each SLN was frozen for qRT-PCR analysis using markers Tyrosinase, MART1, SSX2, MAGEA3, PAX3, and GalNAc-T...
- [Diagnostic value of SYT-SSX fusion gene detection by fluorescence in-situ hybridization for synovial sarcoma]Yan Sun
Department of Pathology, Tianjin Cancer Hospital, Tianjin 300060, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 37:660-4. 2008To establish a method of SYT-SSX fusion gene detection by FISH and to explore its diagnostic value for synovial sarcoma.
- Prognostic implication of SYT-SSX fusion type and clinicopathological parameters for tumor-related death, recurrence, and metastasis in synovial sarcomaYan Sun
Department of Pathology, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Tianjin, China
Cancer Sci 100:1018-25. 2009..SYT-SSX1 and SYT-SSX2 fusion transcripts were tested by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction in 141 formalin-fixed, paraffin-..
- A peptide epitope derived from the cancer testis antigen HOM-MEL-40/SSX2 capable of inducing CD4⁺ and CD8⁺ T-cell as well as B-cell responsesFrank Neumann
José Carreras Center at the Department of Internal Medicine I Build 45 3, Saarland University Medical School, 66424 Homburg, Germany
Cancer Immunol Immunother 60:1333-46. 2011..The SSX2 gene encodes the cancer testis antigen (CTA) HOM-MEL-40/SSX2, which is frequently expressed in a wide spectrum of ..
- SS18-SSX fusion protein-induced Wnt/β-catenin signaling is a therapeutic target in synovial sarcomaM Trautmann
1 Department of Pathology, University Hospital Cologne, Cologne, Germany 2 Department of Pathology, University Hospital Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Oncogene 33:5006-16. 2014..reciprocal translocation t(X;18), which leads to the fusion of the SS18 (SYT) gene to one of three SSX genes (SSX1, SSX2 or SSX4). The resulting chimeric SS18-SSX protein is suggested to act as an oncogenic transcriptional regulator...
- Activating transcription factor 2 in mesenchymal tumorsMakoto Endo
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Department of Anatomic Pathology, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hum Pathol 45:276-84. 2014..into a complex with the synovial sarcoma translocation, chromosome 18 (SS18)-synovial sarcoma, X breakpoint (SSX) fusion oncoprotein, and the transducin-like enhancer of split 1 (TLE1) corepressor, driving oncogenesis in ..
- SS18-SSX, the Oncogenic Fusion Protein in Synovial Sarcoma, Is a Cellular Context-Dependent Epigenetic ModifierSakura Tamaki
Department of Tissue Regeneration, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0142991. 2015..the effects of the cellular context on the function of the synovial sarcoma (SS)-specific fusion protein, SS18-SSX, using human pluripotent stem cells (hPSCs) containing the drug-inducible SS18-SSX gene...
- A combination of sorafenib, nelfinavir, and sirolimus in a patient with progressive metastatic synovial sarcoma after chemotherapyA M Negandhi
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
J Clin Oncol 29:e20531. 2011..The tumor was positive for the SYT-SSX2 fusion transcript and negative for EWS-FL11 and EWS-ERG...
- Primary intraocular synovial sarcoma in the post retinal detachment operative stateJunko Ito
Department of Pathology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Chuou, Japan
BMJ Case Rep 2015:. 2015..Reverse transcription (RT)-PCR confirmed the presence of a SYT-SSX2 fusion transcript...
- Analysis of cancer/testis antigens in sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma: expression and humoral response to NY-ESO-1Michele Maio
Cancer Bioimmunotherapy Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, 33081 Aviano, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:748-54. 2003..Among the 11 cDNA antigens examined, RAGE, MAGE-4, and GAGE 1-2, were not expressed in any of the tissues. SSX 2 was present only in one tissue, whereas BAGE, GAGE 1-6, MAGE-1, MAGE-2, MAGE-3, and SSX 1-5 were detected in two ..
- Expression of serologically identified tumor antigens in acute leukemiasPhilipp Niemeyer
Department of Internal Medicine, Saarland University, D 66424, Saar, Homburg, Germany
Leuk Res 27:655-60. 2003..the expression of serologically identified CTA in leukemias so far, we investigated the expression of 5 CT genes (SSX-1, HOM-MEL-40/SSX-2, HOM-TES-14/SCP-1, SCP-3 and NY-ESO-1) in leukemic blood samples obtained from patients with ..
- Pericardial synovial sarcoma: 14-year survival with multimodality therapyGerry Van der Mieren
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ann Thorac Surg 78:e41-2. 2004..chain reaction analysis for t(X,18) demonstrated the presence of the chimeric transcript SYT/SSX. Because of the rarity of this entity, optimal therapy is unknown...
- Detection of SYT-SSX fusion transcripts in paraffin-embedded tissues of synovial sarcoma by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reactionYongkun Wei
Department of Pathology, Cancer Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 115:1043-7. 2002To assess the feasibility of detecting SYT-SSX fusion transcripts in paraffin-embedded tissues of synovial sarcoma by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR).
- Splicing isoform of SYT-SSX fusion protein accelerates transcriptional activity and cell proliferationYuki Morimoto
Science of Functional Recovery and Reconstruction, Department of Molecular Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, Shikata cho 2 5 1, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Cancer Lett 199:35-43. 2003The human SYT-SSX gene has two splicing isoforms (type N and I), the latter of which contains an additional insertion of 93 bases...
- Aberrant expression of tight junction-related proteins ZO-1, claudin-1 and occludin in synovial sarcoma: an immunohistochemical study with ultrastructural correlationSteven D Billings
Department of Pathology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Mod Pathol 17:141-9. 2004..For five cases, the presence of either an SYT-SSX1 (three cases) or SYT-SSX2 (two cases) gene fusion was known. Positive cases showed particulate membrane staining...
- Primary renal synovial sarcoma confirmed by cytogenetic analysis: a lesion distinct from sarcomatoid renal cell carcinomaBeverley A Shannon
Tissugen Pty Ltd, Westernn Australia
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:238-40. 2005..cases of primary renal synovial sarcoma were confirmed by molecular biology techniques, which detected the SYT-SSX gene fusion transcript typical of this tumor, but no details of the other chromosomal anomalies have been published...
- Heterogeneous expression of GAGE, NY-ESO-1, MAGE-A and SSX proteins in esophageal cancer: Implications for immunotherapyArgun Akcakanat
Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Int J Cancer 118:123-8. 2006..The objectives of our study are to analyze GAGE, NY-ESO-1, MAGE-A and SSX protein expression in esophageal cancer and to correlate their expression patterns with clinicopathologic ..
- Serological immune response to cancer testis antigens in patients with pancreatic cancerAndreas Wadle
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Saarland Medical School, Homburg Saar, Germany
Int J Cancer 119:117-25. 2006..investigated the IgG antibody response against 11 cancer testis antigens (SCP-1, GAGE, LAGE-1a,-1b, CT-7, NY-ESO-1, SSX-1-5) recombinantly expressed on yeast surface (RAYS) in patients with pancreatic cancer (n = 96), chronic ..
- Gerald R Crabtree; Fiscal Year: 2016..To study these oncogenic BAF mutations, the SS18 translocation to SSX is particularly useful since it produces a sterotypic in-frame fusion of the SS18 BAF subunit to a member of the ..
- Samuel Singer; Fiscal Year: 2014..aims to elucidate the epigenetic mechanisms and histone code alterations involved in the deregulation of SYT-SSX target genes in synovial sarcoma so as to enhance our understanding of synovial sarcoma pathogenesis and guide the ..
- Cell Adhesion Control by the Proto-Oncoprotein SYTJOSIANE EID; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is characterized by a chromosomal rearrangement between the SYT gene on chromosome 18 and the SSX gene on chromosome x, which results in a fusion product, SYT/SSX...
- ASPL TFE3 fusion in human cancersMarc Ladanyi; Fiscal Year: 2006..3->qter; and finally analyze selected candidate genes in the same region for inactivating mutations. ..
- IN VITRO/IN VIVO ACTIVATED DENDRITIC CELLS FOR MELANOMAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HPV DNA VACCINE FOR CERVICAL PRE NEOPLASIAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..To insure that spontaneous regression does not account for a portion of the responses, baseline measurements will be followed one month later by a second set of assessments prior to the start of the vaccine. ..
- IL-12 as an Adjuvant for a Melanoma Peptide VaccineJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of those assays will be used to design randomized phase III trials for resected high risk melanoma and to develop strategies for overcoming antigen-specific unresponsiveness in melanoma patients. ..
- Dendritic Cell Vaccination During Lymphoid ReconstitutionJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..Toxicity as well as clinical response will be secondary endpoints. The cohort with the optimal level of immune response will be taken forward in future studies. ..
- B-Catenin regulation by the Proto-Oncoprotein SYTJOSIANE EID; Fiscal Year: 2008..by a chromosomal translocation t(X; 18;pl 1;ql 1) that juxtaposes the SYT gene on chromosome 18 and the SSX gene on the X chromosome, resulting in the fusion, SYT-SSX...
- CTLA-4 Inhibition and Autoimmunity in MelanomaJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Tumor-reactive IgG in the diagnosis of ovarian cancerDouglas Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, antigenic proteins, linked with histologic type and stage of disease, will be combined into the development of protein arrays to screen for circulating reactive IgG as an early diagnostic test. ..
- Crosstalk between oncoprotein Ski and TGF-B signalingYin Sun; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..